Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on AM five seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: While it's the longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 1: No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 3: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadakas, terrible person, He's the worst.
Speaker 1: And Matt money Smith. The pipes, the pipes, the pipe. Don't miss an episode. We're with you, Yeah, follow the Petros in Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadakas and Matt money Smith seek to make thy course regular that men may know beforehand what they may expect.
Speaker 2: Gong to you Petros in Money AM five to seventy LA Sports live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. As are your world Champion Dodgers. If you're in the Greater LA area Saturday, either three or three thirty pm, first pitch from the Galpin Motors broadcast booth. And if you're out, if you got some youth sports can't be by a TV or a radio, remember your smart device. All you need is a signal the app The A five Sports tab and you could have yourself Dodgers Baseball. It's that simple, of course. That is also where you find PMS on demand Petro some Money show podcast. You can listen to the show live there. So even though you may prefer to get your podcast somewhere else like Apple or Spotify or something, remember iHeart has us live in the moment, you can stream the show. And we got a full four hours today, One down, three to go, same situation. Tomorrow will be a three until seven pm show and.
Speaker 1: We will have three things Thursday coming up. In the very next segment, we have been reveling not only in the Dodger victory, but the Dodger victory celebration and what it all meant for our friend David Vase, who was just blown away by Champagne onslaught from Blake Trina while he was trying to talk to Max Bunster, which was like five hours after he came strutting in with some barbecue yelling at Matt Smith.
Speaker 4: Let me walk in like a rooster. I am stylin. Seven innings, nine strikeouts.
Speaker 1: Winning game one. WHOA, that's right, snail Zilla baby, don't forget to check out our show on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: That extended to a sorry p that extended to a text thread last night. By the way, Dave still puffing his chest out. You mentioned it in the last segment that, yeah, professional would not be strutting, you know, twenty four hours after the big victory, and yet here was Dave thirty hours after the victory, still strutting via a text thread. Yeah, it's about this smell Zilla perform.
Speaker 1: He might be walking up and down the aisle like that on the Dodger jet. I don't know, doing his best. Russell Wilson. This says scam is a scam on the iHeartRadio app. And Stan Patrick, I thought scam was supposed to be in the morning after every game. It is secret. You're you gonna give them the secret? Yeah, it's on the Clipper iHeartRadio app. So just listen to the Clippers because that's a raw feet of the station and it doesn't upset the Dan Patrick people. And you can listen that way if you want to listen to scam and you're outside of the area, or you just want to listen on an app. So that starts again tomorrow at six o'clock. I don't know why this is such a big deal. Well, I think, as you alluded to, many people no longer do the AM thing. They like to do it on their smartphones. So for them, oh, it's easier to hear the intro and outro music. It's easier to understand what everybody's saying. So when that's not made available, people get upset. But there is a workaround. You can do it through the Clippers app or the Clippers tab inside the iHeartRadio app. And that is a raw feed, like you said, And hey, if you listen today, you got some Jerry Hairston, Oh raw dog defeat. You got some Dave Assay. He couldn't join us because they're on the plane to Philly right now. So uh, make sure you check in tomorrow because I'm sure they'll be better dodg your guests than we get. Well, I don't know if that's true. We got Spilly, We love Spilly. We got Spilly and Don McClain. Spilly coming up about an hour. And you know, I was happy that Colin Cowhard led with baseball today. It was Yankees Red Sox.
Speaker 2: But oh did he he didn't do an all NFL show today? No, he led with baseball well, it's better than leading with Hey, Fritzie, who's the hottest chick in the new Sandler Happy Gilmore too? Well, I don't know. I haven't watched it yet. Tim Kates told me I shouldn't.
Speaker 1: All right, it is time for the word of the day. His words. The word of the day. Today's word is style. Billie Eilish is putting her stylish stamp on the NBA. Matt you know Billie Eilish, the singer, Well, who doesn't. She's giving fans a chance to look like her. She told TMZ Sports that she is teamed up with Fanatics and Complex to release Limit Edition, Mitchell and ness Lis each being decked out in custom Billie Eilish patches to highlight three things not to be confused with Three things Thursday. Three things, authenticity, nostalgia and individuality.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's the Petro some money show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like throwback jerseys and accessorizes her stuff with a snapback or fitted lid whenever she's on stage. And now, if you're into the NBA hoops, you can show off your team and Billie Eilish at the same.
Speaker 2: Time, is she like hipster NBA? Like she's wearing like a Portland Trailblazer, John Concak or something.
Speaker 1: What's available I don't know actually, but what's available is uh, Bulls Lakers, Nicks Calves, Nets, Bocks Warriors, and there's even exclusive designs coming.
Speaker 2: The way that started. I didn't expect to hear Bucks Calves, you know, you go Nick's, Bulls Lakers, and then all of a sudden it's like, oh, Caps.
Speaker 1: Well they like good teams. It seems like what they've started.
Speaker 2: Oh right, I got you. Yeah, that's keep going.
Speaker 1: Uh. There are other NBA collaborations with this bougie brand, Murakami, Takashi Murakami, the Japanese artists. Uh, well that was with the MLB, the Tokyo series that was the one that Fred was wearing, was wearing that laston was acting all cool, Yeah, with his golden goose shoes. Friend's the guy that shows up in the New Jordan's the day they come.
Speaker 2: Out, sent the herb dog to get the iPhone. Yeah, he'll do it all stand in line.
Speaker 1: He is shameless.
Speaker 2: Needs to get someone to learn how to park his car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I noticed that we didn't talk about that, Yes.
Speaker 2: Sir, right. I could not believe the traction that thing got. I did not expect it to be that popular on Instagram. Yeah, I put it up on my instagram sor they just took it down. They said because I was inciting violence because I quoted the Pewee Herman pee Wee's Big Adventure. So I you got taken down. Yeah, they said you were trying because I said, I say, we stab themed and we thought they oh no, and they they clipped me for community standards. So but it was up for nearly twenty four hours. A lot of people were very I think. I think, look, there's two parts to it. One one is you saying that we're gonna beat Fred's ass if he shows up.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, that wasn't on Instagram. We say whatever you want, you know.
Speaker 2: I think that plants the seed.
Speaker 1: And then well you think Instagram knew about that?
Speaker 2: I think so. Yeah. I think it was a lot of Petro some money listeners that were replying. And as I pointed out Fred's parking job, then just take up two spots. He literally took up four. No, yeah, his the bed of his and I just assumed it was. And this was the other part. I said, Hey, Fred, tell me if this would you mind if I posted a video of I'm assuming this is your car, the green Toyota Tundra, and he's like, it's not green. I was like, well but it so this isn't your car. It says Toyota of the Desert. I'm assuming that series like it is mine, but it's not green. And then he gave me like, whatever the Toyota color is, like say each fire or something like that. I'm like, yeah, Fred, it's green. So that was part one. Part two. He has parked on the if you just assume it's you know, an intersection right or right angle. He has got his car and two spots right to left, and then the bed of the truck is hanging over in the spots behind it.
Speaker 1: Oh, he backed it in like that.
Speaker 2: I think he just pulled in forward, didn't pull all the way up, and pulled in cock eyed. And was he late?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: He said he got there incredibly early and there were no other cars for him to use as a guide. Well, the line, yeah, you get out of the car, and I mean, you have got a brand new Toyota pee. I would assume they've got three sixty degree cameras in there, Yes, said while you're parking, they end up turning on anyway, and and then he came with the listen. It's a very large vehicle and hard to get used yea, he's like, I'm still getting used to it. So well. At least he was honest, yes, and at least he was out of there, you know, two fifteen pm.
Speaker 1: Was he.
Speaker 2: It was not there when I left, And I had a very uncomfortable moment because the fuk parked next to my car, Rob Fukusaki, Yeah, my c X ninety. I needed almost a can opener to get into my car, which was parked between the lines. I wasn't leaning one side versus the other and his tesla with about ninety dress shirts hanging from the back. Was he back dead too, No, he was sitting there forward. I backed in. Yeah, so when you back it in, you know, he gets a little easy escape. But he did not look at me. I was kind of looking at him when I was opening the door. And you know, if you're in your car like he is, is a old gonna ding my door. It's a pretty tight squeeze. He's got a backpack on. It's an SUV. I'm in that mos to c X ninety so it's a larger car and he did not look up. I think he recognized it was me and he did not want to make eye contact.
Speaker 1: All right. Well, looking forward to those Billie Eilish NBA collaborations coming out. They did one with Black Pink as well.
Speaker 2: Who's Black Pink?
Speaker 1: Uh? That's I think a K pop band?
Speaker 2: Okay, I thought that might be one of the Kardashian boyfriends.
Speaker 1: So I don't know, like, you know, if everybody around town wants a Billie Eilish hat. But there you go.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe it's like the you know, bringing the It's like the Taylor Swift to the NFL, like, hey, can we do the Billie Eilish to the NBA bringing the ladies? She is a lesbian and make okay, so that helps. It feels like maybe the WNBA. Well, I don't feel like they need any help then on that.
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: I just feel like that's that's an audience that they have managed to curate rather easily.
Speaker 1: She's very top heavy, that's.
Speaker 2: An accurate statement. That's a statement effect, but not tall so which makes it even more interesting.
Speaker 1: Well, it means, you know, she's grounded down into the ground aerodynamico. She's not going to fall over like like an ASCAR sure f one downforce.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: It is time for the number of the day. Is my number out number of the day.
Speaker 2: You know what I'll do the I'll do the three things here because we're going to do Dodger baseball next. So it's going win peard three teams or our number of the day start with this. This is an interesting one because you certainly know Pete Carroll better than a lot of people in town know him personally, know his coaching style. It's been decades since it has but still I think you can maybe speak to this because you also called the number of Ashton gent games.
Speaker 1: Yes, I do know about him.
Speaker 2: So Ashton in his first three games.
Speaker 1: I saw what he was there when nobody knew who he was and he was a freshman third string back.
Speaker 2: Forty in his first three games, forty seven carries for one hundred about one hundred and fifty yards under three yards under a three and a half yards per clip. Led to some people saying maybe he's a bus should the Raiders not have taken him running backs or more for teams that are ready to kind of drop the running back in compete right now. You can't.
Speaker 1: His legs are short.
Speaker 2: All that sort of stuff doesn't have the it factor.
Speaker 1: I heard that.
Speaker 2: And then on the twenty eighth this past Sunday against the Bears, Genty says to his coach, who said, hey, let's stop with the Michael Myers stance in the backfield. You know, he would just stand up straight, and people with the memes of Genty with the Michael Myers Halloween mask just waiting for you to come outside and do his damage.
Speaker 1: And if you're a great back, sometimes they just leave you alone about how you stand back there.
Speaker 2: Well, against the Bears, they finally said, you know what, Ashton, just do what you do. Man. You stand however you want to stand. If we don't need you in the two point stance or whatever we want you doing, just whatever. And he went back to Michael Myers. And I'm not saying that this is why, but twenty one one thirty eight six point six per along of sixty four and a touchdown. Maybe he's just comfortable. Maybe it's the opponent, maybe it's the play calling, could be a number of things. But I think, speaking to the point you just made p you're a superstar and you should have won the Heisman and you have one of the greatest individual seasons by running back in college football history. Maybe just let him try it and then you adjust if it doesn't work as opposed to vice versa in the first three games and then saying maybe let's go back to what you used to.
Speaker 1: I mean, I knew, I felt, you know. And obviously not every running back translates into the NFL, and there's always a lot of reasons for that, and some of them are are have nothing to do with that guy, you know. But I've always felt watching the first few games that once gent started to get to the second level, that he was going to start hurting people. And it finally happened. I mean not finally, I mean it's it's it was September, right, But yeah, you know, it's hard to really tell the difference in his stance because he's so short. Yeah, right, you know, he can't like his knees aren't really that bent, Okay, whatever, you know. I mean, it's when you're seven yards deep, you're seven yards deep. So however you come out of that stance doesn't really affect the timing of the play because everybody's kind of your seven yards back right there. So yeah, I thought it was much ado about nothing.
Speaker 2: Second thing, just quickly on the Chargers. We got the game here Sunday, and by here I mean KFI AM six forty one twenty five kick. Tom Brady will be on the call with Kevin Burkhardt. We'll have it on KFI with Daniel Jeremiah, Shannon Farron and me and the Chargers dealing with severe injuries at their offensive line position, and much of the consternation surrounding that is the speech of Jim Harbaugh when he first took the job. Offensive line is a weapon tip of the spear. What one position group doesn't need help from anyone else on the team, but every other player on the team in position group needs help from the offensive line. It's the offensive line. So when you lose your two all Pro tackles and your big free agent signing in Mackay Beckton, who's still dealing with limited reps in a don't touch me yellow jersey out there from a concussion alt of course, in a boot with the ankle Slater lost for the year with the patella, people are going to freak out a little bit. And it is an all hands on deck situation. Do they need to run the ball more? Do they need to trade for somebody? Do they need to move Jamaris Sawyer from guard to tackle and Bozeman to center to guard and bring Andre James in at center. All the options seem to be on the table and will be interesting to see because Jim Harbos said that Justin Herbert cannot continue to get hit at this level. He was hit twelve more times against the Giants after fourteen against the Broncos. He is the most pressured quarterback in the NFL, the most blitz quarterback in the NFL, and the most hit quarterback in the NFL. Now after two games of being relatively clean, so certainly something to keep an eye on. And finally we got Thursday Night Football p in about forty five minutes. The Rams opened as a three and a half point favorite, but the forty nine ers have speaking of injuries, sustained such serious injuries. Nick Bosa gone, George Kittle gone, Ayuk not even here and now the latest rock will not go in this one. It will be mac Jones after they tried to put him back out there with his toe against Jacksonville and that did not work out, so the line has stretched to eight and a half, one and one on Monday Night. Football got to make sure we continue to pick the games as I was negligent in my duties on Fridays. We're going to lay the eight and a half. As crazy as it sounds, Kyle Shanahan has had the Rams number in recent games. Wow, But with those injuries, with the Kyron Williams centerpiece of the offense, Pukinakua has a chance to set an NFL record with his fiftieth reception through five games if he can pile up eight tonight. That is how he is so far and away the leading receiver in the league right now. It's quite remarkable what they're doing. So I'm gonna go ahead and Lady eight and a half take the Rams on Thursday night, see if I can get back to even one game under.
Speaker 1: Right now, how's Cooper Cup doing?
Speaker 2: Cooper Cup, I believe has been you sur to some degree by your guy from Colorado State, Tory Horton.
Speaker 1: Horton, Yeah, he's a big baller.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think Jackson Smith and Jigba has been a legitimate number one up there, and Horton is coming on as that number two.
Speaker 1: All right, Ronnie, this is the song of the day.
Speaker 5: YEA. Cruising down the Highway is our song of the day from Joe Walsh fronted band The James Gang, a crunchy groove indeed from a crunchy band on this Thursday edition of the Petrosen Money Show, Cruising down the Highway maximizing the AM radio volume while blowing smoke out of the window during a full four hour, unabridged version of great sports Talk that will eventually give way to the Jason Smith Show that's coming up on Fox Sports Radio at seven o'clock.
Speaker 1: All right, coming up next, Top Story of the day, right.
Speaker 2: Top story of the day, Dodgers Centric Who did the I can't remember who the Dodgers traded who they got for Michael Bush, But my god, what a season he's having. He just bonked the doger and now the Cubs up three to nothing on the pad Ras in the bottom of the seven.
Speaker 1: Born. We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you this summer. Make AM five to seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast a preset on the iHeartRadio app using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto road Trip all summer with LA Sports Cracking Everybody, Welcome back. It's Petterson Money on m five seventy LA Sports Dodgers Advancing to Philly. That game starts on Saturday. That series starts on Saturday with Game one. Can you discuss it more? It's time with the top story of.
Speaker 2: It. Well, we will get more in an hour from a man that had to face closers in his career, Ryan Spilboors. But Spilly may have a different opinion. Same opinion will echo this opinion. Pee the hardest outs to get in baseball the final three. You hear it all the time from pictures for managers when trying to identify a player that has the right makeup for the job. You're looking for a picture with the arm talent of a bona fide ace and the mental makeup of the most effective place kickers in football. The moment can't be the moment. It somehow just has to be you, whoever's in that batter's box. And it's like the fourth inning of a game in the middle of June. And I don't know how you felt when you were watching it, but I when I saw the close up of Roki Sasaki. When he walked onto the mound about to step on the rubber to deliver his first pitch, the breathing looked labored. The sweat was already starting to drip and emerge from the side of his cap. The memory of the early season struggles were impossible to shake, and I just said, oh no. And then came the pitch. It stopped Spencer Steer in his stance. He stood there a bit stunned at the one hundred mile an hour for seemer that probably looked like it was coming in at one hundred and ten and instead of from sixty feet six inches, more like fifty feet five inches. The next pitch in eighty seven mile an hour splitter should have been strike two, but it was called a ball. And the next two pitches Steer didn't have a chance. One hundred and one barely fouled it off, and then a splitter that he missed after offering at it by two feet moved so much that biceps Ben or Roordy or Vetty, it's Benny biceps. Benny biceps could not hang on to it. Had to throw them out on a drop. Third strike. Gavin Lux had it worse, whiffed terribly on the one hundred mile an hour for Seimer to start, whiffed on the second pitch, saying triple digits. He should have watched strike three. But again Rokie got squeezed a little bit on that splitter that painted the outside edge. But that was worth getting the one extra pitch because Lux swung and missed so badly at the splitter it almost offered up free advertisement to the rest of the league that the Dodgers got their guy, that you hope and look, things can change.
Speaker 1: It's one but it is a small small sample size.
Speaker 2: It is a playoff game, though the bullpen did have an issue in the eighth inning. And the hope is that the Dodgers have found what the Phillies have in Duran, what the Red Sox have and Eraldus Chapman, what the Padres have in Mason Miller. That you better not trailing going into the ninth because let's hope that Roki Sasaki has arrived to save the Dodgers' bullpen from itself, because it only took him three pitches to Austin Hayes, and what a win. He fouled off the first two one hundred hundred and one before they call it a line out, but it was barely moving at bets when he secured the third and final out of the inning and the twenty seventh out of the game, and the Dodgers not just sweeping the Reds but really showing, as Day pointed out when he joined us yesterday, the difference in weight class the way Blake Snell start went. Yamamoto able to shake off the first inning two runs scored on an air that should have been the third out, the Dodgers trailing until the bottom of the fourth, it had absolutely zero effect on their ace. Instead, Yamamoto delivers three up, three down for thirteen straight dominance in the second, third, fourth, and fifth innings, allowing his team to get a lead, get his pitch count back on to pitch deep into the game. After that twenty five pitch first inning, all he needed was forty six total for the next five frames the third or i should say, the second, third, fourth, and fifth the next four frames to sit at seventy one going into the six and possibly making a run into the eighth inning. Something to askar Hernandez mentioned after the game when he was asked, I believe by Dave about you know what he said to Yamamoto and the dugout when the cameras caught the two of them talking, and how important it was for him, and Dave even had his arm around him when he was doing the interview on the field, how important it was for him to give those runs back. And I think it just shows you the mental makeup, yeah, of this team. Some people might be freaking out that the Dodgers fell into a two nothing hole that now Yamamoto's pitch count is at twenty five. Oh god, how could they do this? He needed all these pitch and he's not going to get deep into the game. And meanwhile, I'm a most like whatever mo through thirteen straight batters, get right back on schedule and be in a position to get through eight innings. He would throw six and two thirds zero earned runs on just four hits, struck out nine a night after Blake Snell equally is brilliant seven full, four hits, two runs, also struck out nine, and we know that to be the stat line.
Speaker 1: Let me walk in like a rooster.
Speaker 4: We did know that I am stylin seven innings, nine strikeouts.
Speaker 1: Winning game one. WHOA, that's right, Snell Zilla Baby.
Speaker 2: That's why I didn't have to look it up, because I was told when someone made a visit to our suite yesterday and then to think pee that the next starter might just be their best picture the shoe. Hayotani will take them ou on Saturday night in Fielmhiladelphia afternoon here, and if he is able to outduel Christopher Sanchez and get the win with Snell and Yama waiting behind him, could be this sort of momentum, a gas up the jet type of moment. Well, it's a seven game series five remember five divisional round That would be awfully hard to change every year. It's because we're not used to them playing the wild card, so we feel like it's changed every year. It's because we assume, you know, the first one is five, but this one was three.
Speaker 1: Well, you're right, that is a gas up the jet if you get game one with.
Speaker 2: And then you get Snell and Yamamo and I don't.
Speaker 1: And those Phillies are gonna be rusty. You not exactly, Just like Rocky against clubber Lane early.
Speaker 2: They they again their final four games of the season. They scored two, one, zero and one run that's how bad it was, and they got to sit around for a week. So now, look, I think the centerpiece of this is I don't think we're feeling maybe at all that good about it because of the way the eighth then he went in back to back games. If Roki Sasaki doesn't look like that, doesn't get those final three outs the way he got him with triple digit for seen fastballs and a splitter that was completely and totally unhittable. Cause instead we're talking about, all right, well, night before it was Vessia and Enriquez that couldn't figure it out last night at she and I guess he's not an option Kershaw maybe Kirshawn Trining. Is that what we're doing here? Instead it's oh, yeah, we got a guy that's gonna get the final three outs. Now all we gotta do is is get through eight with a lead, and we feel pretty good about where this thing's going. And so small sample size, not getting too excited here, but getting those final three outs considering what that's looked like the ninth inning for the last month, pretty damn exciting and sort of that final piece that you wanted to see from this team.
Speaker 1: Well, good luck. We'll have more analysis tomorrow as we honker down and talk about the Phillies and Philadelphia and LA Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: Are we gonna play Bruce Springsteen's Streets of Philadelphia repeatedly?
Speaker 1: I'm more of an Atlantic city guy.
Speaker 2: It's a very very Friday.
Speaker 1: You're right, You're right, though, I'll consider it.
Speaker 2: I was bruised and oz battered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's a rough song.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We'll be back with more great sports talk, great sports talk and reaction on this Crunchy Groove and Thursday on the Pettersen Money Show on AMPI seventy l A sport. Hello, PMS listener, Did you know AM five seventy LA Sports has wide range of LA sports podcasts. There's Rogan and Rondee.
Speaker 3: That one is my favorite, Dodger Talk with David Vasse, the Dodger Podcast of Record, Clipper Talk Without a Musk, follow us all and many more. Just go to AM five to seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Fetch us some money A five seventy LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Full four hour show tonight and tomorrow. Series does not start until Saturday.
Speaker 1: Show.
Speaker 2: Hey Otani versus Christopher Sanchez. That is coming up Saturday, no game, Sunday, game two Monday likely gonna be Snell versus Lozardo, and we'll see whether or not the Dodgers can defend their World Series championship. But between now and then, you got us here for four hours and scam in the morning for three from six to nine. A.
Speaker 1: Yes, we have content. We have everything everybody could ever want. We have Baseball Talk still going forward, we'll do some counter programming. We'll have the film The War Corner coming up in the five o'clock hour, Matt, I've been sitting on this one for a little while to entertain you and the people that grew up when you and I grew up, and perhaps some retro younger people out there. So we'll have a little bit of fun with that, and tomorrow we'll have another.
Speaker 2: That's what you gotta do. That's good thinking.
Speaker 1: It also shocked me to find out that he never even controlled the budget for the.
Speaker 2: That like, it didn't come out of his budget right like that, it was the promotions budget.
Speaker 1: Correct. Yeah, that also shocked me. A lot of information was shared yesterday about the suite, what it costs, who controls it, who pays for it, and what it all means. And again, this is a good reason why I am not in finance and involved in anything corporate and don't even have an agent, because it was way past me, Matt, I mean way past me.
Speaker 2: I will say, the hot dogs are delicious, the fruit plate is full of ripe, sugary, ready to eat fruit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right. I mean they do a good job. I mean it's not the Four Seasons, but no, but it leads back. You probably get a much better deal at the Four Seasons.
Speaker 2: At least at least the food is not just consumable but tasty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's got a little bit of a gourmet twist. Yeah, but you would have to have like a roof in Paris gourmet twist right to justify what it costs.
Speaker 2: Feels like it's kind of like the baked in minimums at a country club. You sign up and you're like, wait a minute, I'm already paying you this much money per month in dues, and now I got to give you another four hundred dollars in food and beverage. Oh and it doesn't include booze the hell. And it just feels like, yeah, if you're gonna buy a sweet Guess what, every time you sit in that suite, you're gonna give it a bunch of money for food and beverage and if that's alcohol, nelly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I also do not know how how country clubs work. So yeah, sadly a pretty good indicator.
Speaker 2: It's a sad reminder of how much went right down the toilet on that. What do you mean you enjoyed your time at the country clubs? I did? But you know when you look like years.
Speaker 1: Were you at Old Ranch? There? Three?
Speaker 2: Oh god, no, five, eleven seven? I think eleven from because I joined when Peyton was in kindergarten and I was drunk at the school auction and I bought the one year trial membership as a charity thing and uh so, and I was in it until she was a senior in high school, no freshman in college. So yeah, twelve years I was at Old Ranch and a dozen years, yeah, I could have been a I could have been like a second house man. I give us a real waste of money.
Speaker 1: Think of all the great times.
Speaker 2: That's true, all the times Carol's cumiliated me on a golf course. It was wonderful.
Speaker 1: Forget that house in Habasu. Yes, all right, we have some textosos and some answers. Fine, brought to you by your so called Toyota dealers. We make it easy, Petros. What's it like being surrounded by beefcakes all day? Swall ass mad on one side and diet coke Caate's on the other. I don't know how you get any work done? You know I don't either. Seriously. You could see yesterday in the Dave ass Instagram live, you know, after Dave does his weird chicken walk or I can't dance Genesis.
Speaker 2: O good one strutting in like a rooster.
Speaker 1: I can't dance. Let me walk in like a rooster. The only thing about me is the way I walk.
Speaker 4: I am stylin seven innings, nine strikeouts, else.
Speaker 1: Winning game one. Whoa, but you hear Dave? And then Dave gets after Matt and oh got after me, gets all the humor out of Matt about Snell.
Speaker 2: And kept it going last night on the text It's like, geez, can't I enjoy this?
Speaker 1: Matt thinks about pushing back and then doesn't push back, and just where then Dave comes over to me and I'm surrounded by beefcakes, you know, just sitting there and all I said was just like a mel and scarface. You know. I tried to tell him.
Speaker 2: I told him, told him we have to strutting in like a rooster.
Speaker 1: Whoo. This comes from my father again. He wanted me to tell everybody. Remember the reason te Oscar missed the fly ball and dropped it was because the sky the twilight sky at dusk in Dodger Stadium. And that is true. That is not a time the Dodgers usually play. The sun is starting to go down earlier. It was a little bit of a trickier moment in the in the uh, in the atmosphere. Yeah, don't you say that? Does any did anybody mention that other than me?
Speaker 2: I feel my father Moe was alluding to it. Monday, Yeah, Rick, that's right. I can't call him Rick. Monday was alluding to that.
Speaker 1: That was confirmed by that say yesterday.
Speaker 2: Also on the radio broadcast. However, the great displeasure of the drop fly ball from his broadcast partner repeatedly I think overshadowed. Yeah, Nelly had a hard time, let me go, he really for that for that three minute window till the Dodgers took a lead. Was he not happy with that and wanted to remind everyone that the two runs were courtesy of an error by Tiascar Hernandez.
Speaker 1: Somebody texted me like, I love this Nelly, and I was like, tell me why, because we love Nellie too. We're gonna book him when the when the Phillies come to town. But they were like, I love this Nelly, and I was like why. They're like, he holds guys accountable. Yes, that is true, And I said, do you think the guys like that?
Speaker 2: It is very certainly in the case of Tao yesterday.
Speaker 1: That is.
Speaker 2: I even found myself in my car speaking to the radio. Okay, man, we gotta move on.
Speaker 1: We did that guy get two jacks yesterday?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we kind of got to get past this year.
Speaker 1: And Yamamoto hugged it pretty hard.
Speaker 2: Seemed like it seemed like he was fine with it and retired the next thirteen batters, So didn't seem like it really affected Yamamoo all that much. Like, yeah, it's bummer, but I'm just gonna get the next thirteen guys out in a row, So not that big of a deal to me.
Speaker 1: You guys better lead with that. Try it and sound by tomorrow. Yeah, Dave, you want an exclusive yet?
Speaker 2: All right, of course we did. I think that's the you know, stumbling upon that it is nineteen eighties high school movie villain esk the cackling, the maniacal cackling, pardon me, and the screaming of the big bully on the it.
Speaker 1: Sounds like backfit. Really yeah, yeah, yeah. I cannot stand Cowterd the way he pronounces Mooky as mucky effing idiot. I did not notice that that Colin Cowherd pronounces Mookie Bets as Mucky Bets.
Speaker 2: I have not noticed that. I have not noticed that either. But what I have noticed is that he opens his show every day by saying something along the lines of, wherever you may be, and however you may be listening, we appreciate you like tuning into the show or welcome to the Show's that's what he says on the way into his show. That's the line that he uses. It's the first thing he says when he cracks his mic, exactly.
Speaker 1: That well, thanking the listeners is important.
Speaker 2: Yes, which is exactly the way someone else welcomes you to the Dodger broadcast. When he's doing the play by play, and it just seems very odd to hear it. It's like, well, that's that's word for word. That's like verbatim what that guy says to open a show every day.
Speaker 1: So the Dodger broadcast opens the same way as the Colin Coward show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Steven says, wherever you may be, and however you may be listening, thank you for joining us.
Speaker 1: And it's like, we should ask him about it when he joins us dur in a Phillies.
Speaker 2: We will do that.
Speaker 1: Unless Rogan and Rodney get him before we.
Speaker 2: Know those pastors. They got Freedman from us and now Nelly.
Speaker 1: This text says another Rogan and Rodney catch fan on the show. They had the guy that made the catch today? How did they do it?
Speaker 2: Fred? Fred is good at many things, and that is one of them. I will track down the viral moment. And this is before viral was a thing, right, it was just it would it would lead the sports segment of the eleven o'clock News, and Fred would track that person down, just like that magical balloon that made its Well, oh that was good.
Speaker 1: Well, they counterprogrammed with some hoops stuff with a fully functional employee Adam. We counter program with some hoops with Don McClain. This says, Fred is riding Adam a so hard. I thought Rodney had the day off because he didn't speak for five minutes. And then finally Matt the CU BYU story that we had yesterday. The follow up is this, the behavior of the CU buffs fans is hardly surprising. They're wealthy, entitled students laboring under the weight of their trust funds. They're the Bay Boys of the Big twelve. Is that how Colorado is?
Speaker 2: Well? I think in that from a California perspective, right, it's the kids I suppose that maybe didn't get into the UC's. Yeah, they and many of them end up at Colorado. I know there's quite a few kids from Orange County that made their way out there that went to school with the girls. Oh that may be, I think, Yeah, I think that's a fair California perspective.
Speaker 1: This tech says thank you to Tim Kats with the workaround listening to scam on the app here in Slow Country, San Luis Obispo. So there you go, there is a workaround on the app and we're able to say what it is. Right.
Speaker 2: Yes, you can't say it.
Speaker 1: It's on the clipper.
Speaker 2: If you got the right, there you go. If you got the balls to say it, Pee, I got the balls.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, we got a film noir corner, and we got more Petros and money on AMI seventy LA Sports your home of the Dodgers. Dodgers versus Phillies on Saturday. We're going all the way till seven tonight. Thanks for listening, everybody,