Speaker 1: Seven hundred WLW All right, Dan Schwartzman with us as we get closer to the weekend. Good morning Dan, Good morning Steve. It looks like my favorite yoga pants company is turning a corner. Tell me all about it, and we all do love those yoga pants.
Speaker 2: Lou Lemon shares getting eleven percent in postmarket trade. I like it for myself, of course, of course, post market trading after the company boosted it's full your earnings per share of guidance, reporting that early holiday performance was encouraging cheaper knockoffs and quality missteps half plagued Lululemon, leading to a sales slowed down and shares falling fifty percent this year. Now, separately, the company is saying that CEO Calvin McDonald was stepping down at the end of January. Some say that's a good thing, put the company in kind of a new direction.
Speaker 1: But things look good for them right now. Good I was doing a downward dog while you were doing that story. China is looking to ramp up its chip making abilities. This morning, they are preparing a package of incentives worth as much as seventy billion dollars to support its chip making industry. The program's aim is to reduce China's reliance on foreign chip makers while supporting local companies. China's looking to pour more state money into a sector it deems pivotal to its technological conflict with the US. The amount, though, is comparable to what we are spending here in the US and setting aside for the Chips Act. So China knows, you know, we're trying to restrict how many ships they get. Well, they're gonna start making their own. Hey, this is the morning you look at your four oh one k after what's been going on?
Speaker 2: What are you seeing in the futures now? Well, listen, it's mixed. The doll is the bright spot as it was yesterday, setting a new record high. That's up two tens a one percent. SMP though, that is down two tens a one percent. NAZAK currently is down six tens a one percent from Bloomberg. Dan Schwartzman on news radio seven hundred WLW, thinking, Dan, it is.
Speaker 1: Eight eleven on seven hundred WLW. It's Friday morning. You know we talk TV with Matt Rausch. Good morning, Matt.
Speaker 3: How are you hanging in there? How about you?
Speaker 1: Good? Good? It's a cold rainy, more snow coming tomorrow. I'm just glad I'm gonna be inside watching some TV this weekend.
Speaker 3: This is true.
Speaker 4: It is very cold here, but we have not We don't see a lot of snow for some reason here in New York City, and it's been a couple of years to have a big old snowfall. But anytime that we get, precipic gets a little bit warmer, and it seems more like freezing rain, which is.
Speaker 3: Sort of a drag.
Speaker 4: But nonetheless, it is definitely cold, and it is definitely a good time to watch TV.
Speaker 1: And I'm a big Dick Van Dyke fan. He's turning one hundred this weekend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, on Saturday he hits the century mark, which is remarkable, and according to all accounts, he hits the gym several times a week. His philosophy is called keep moving. He's written a whole book about it. But yeah, this guy, you know, an amazing career for sure, and TV is taking note of this, including tonight on PBS, the American Masters series presents a documentary called starring Dick Van Dyke, traces his you know, career all through he you know, he's on Broadway. He got a Tony for string and Bye by Bertie. And during that time the producers Carl Reiner and Sheldon Leonard discovered him and said, hey, let's put him in the Dick Van Dyke Show. His co star Rose Marie, when she heard about it, said, what's a Dick Van Dyke? She didn't nobody knew who he was at the time, hardly, but also even think about the Dick Van Dyke Show, it was really created as a story as the story of Carl Reiner's life. Carl Reiner the legendary producer, writer and sometimes actor, but he made a pilot about himself.
Speaker 3: But he wasn't the leading man type.
Speaker 4: So they decided to put Dick van Dike in the show, pairing him with Mary Tyler Moore. And the rest is TV comedy history, and you know, and and it is one of the great shows. I grew up watching those repeats. One of the smartest comedies ever made. But was also amazing about Dick Vandyke was he kind of could do it all. He was one of those renaissance entertainers who you know, he had the limber physicality of a great physical comedian, but he was charming and handsome.
Speaker 3: He could sing, he could dance, he could do all kinds of things.
Speaker 4: He had he had a fondness for the silent Medians, and he could do pantomime like the best of them. He went on The Caer Barnett Show as a regular towards the end of that series.
Speaker 3: He and Carol were great friends for all of their careers.
Speaker 4: And then he got in the movies and he's in Mary Poppins, one of the you know, most famous Disney movies of all time and all of that.
Speaker 3: Then he came back to TV as a one of those Silver.
Speaker 4: Fox crime fighters in a show called Diagnosis Murder that ran through most of the nineteen nineties. So he had like a second and third act in him, and so all that's going to be remembered in this. But if you were just a fan of the Dick Van Dyke Show, the nostalgia channel that's called Catchy Comedy is running episodes of The Dick Van Dyke Show all weekend. You can also stream it on a couple of platforms if you want to watch the old episodes at your own leisure. But yeah, the Dick Van Dyke Show is one of those shows that really holds up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so does so does he apparently?
Speaker 4: So Yeah, So let's take our cat tip of the cap off to Dick Vandyke this weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, turn it one hundred tomorrow. That's incredible. Taylor Swift fans in for a tree, tell me about this six part docuit, The End of an Era that's coming out.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, her Eras Tour ended a year ago, but now there's still more to become if you were a big Taylor Swift fan. So Disney Plus as of today will start at six. Like you said, it's a docuseries during in six parts. The first two parts dropped today, called The ind of an Era, goes behind the scenes of the tour, so you know you're seeing her interact with Travis Kelsey, all kinds of famous people as she went her all around the world with this incredibly epic concert series. And if you like the concert, they're also on Disney Plus pairing it with us with a concert film called Taylor Swift The Eras Tour The Final Show, So they document the very final show she did in Vancouver, which at that time was including the complete set of the Tortured Poets Department, which was not part of the original concert film. So again, if you're a Taylor Swift fan, you keep track of all this stuff.
Speaker 3: And if your doun't stream, ABC is going to air the.
Speaker 4: First hour of the docuseries tonight and they're going to follow that up with a preview, an hour long preview of the concert film. So again, Taylor Swift not going anywhere. But if you were a fan of the arastur this is another chance to re experience it on TV.
Speaker 1: That's good. And Netflix premiering the latest Knives Out movie. I've seen I think the first two of these if there were, but I saw those at the theater. This one's going to only be on Netflix.
Speaker 4: Right I had a limited running movie theaters. I think the second one did as well. Netflix picked up picked up the franchise after the first film became a huge hit. You know, Netflix being both a movie producer and now they're trying to buy a TV trying to buy a studio. We'll see how that all goes. But nonetheless, Knives Out definitely, most people probably didn't see in the movie theater, so they're going to watch it on Netflix and it will be their biggest hit for a couple of weeks. Probably. It's a really fun franchise. It's a mystery comedy. Daniel Craig is back playing that very flamboyant detective Ben wile Blanc and he comes into this small town where there's been a murder that occurs in a church in full view of the parishioners.
Speaker 3: So it's sort of like a classic locked room mystery.
Speaker 4: How could anybody have committed to crime in full view of everyone?
Speaker 3: And as usual, the cast is stacked.
Speaker 4: You've got Josh Brolin, Glenn Close, Kerrie Washington, Andrew Scott. And then the prime suspect is this priest, young priest who was a former boxer, played by Josh O'Connor and any Winner for the Crown for several years ago he played the young Prince Charles. And Josh is also hosting Saturday Night Live this weekend, so it's a big weekend for Josh O'Connor. And again, you know you know that you've made it in the pop culture when you get the host Saurday.
Speaker 3: Night Live and Night Knives out of that vehicle.
Speaker 1: All right, one more here. Apple had one of the biggest hits on the screen. F One, the movie starring Brad Pitt. It comes out streaming today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so if you missed another Big Screen, which is kind of a shame, that was a really good movie and Imax.
Speaker 3: But if you didn't see f Won the movie.
Speaker 4: Now it is streaming on Apple TV, which also is making a Charlie Brown Christmas available for free this weekend. So that's a chance to be a great Christmas special but also a big, big movie that is probably Apple's biggest hit movie they produced for the Big Screen.
Speaker 1: Hey, Matt Ross, thanks so much for joining us. As you do every Friday, our listeners connect with you again.
Speaker 4: Daily on TV insider dot com, man of course TV Guide magazine.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll talk to you next Friday, Matt, have a great week.
Speaker 3: All right, you do the same. Thanks again, all right.
Speaker 1: Eight eighteen seven hundred w welw chuck ingram in here this morning, chuck Yeah, less than two weeks from Christmas. Oh I better start chucking. You should some Christmas trivia for you this morning. Oh good Silent Night is the most recorded carol in history. It was first performed on Christmas Even eighteen eighteen in Austria, quickly spread you can hear it from there now. I think you know this is the original recording.
Speaker 3: Uh no, it's not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is from eighteen eighth Well, well, Chuck, I can't.
Speaker 5: Lie to you.
Speaker 1: This is radio being wasn't there He wasn't. No, that's Frank. I've been told this is Frank not being. Oh Frank. It was translated into three hundred languages, holds the Guinness World Record. It's the most recorded Christmas Carol of all time. Yeah, bing did it? Beyonce did it and Frank did it here. Yes, so this is the original recording from eighteen eighteen. Just listen. You can't even hear it sounds to.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So you can't even hear this. Somebody that is actually winding up the turntable there. Speaking of winding up, how is the roads winding up this morning? Not too terribly bad?
Speaker 6: Certainly a whole lot better than we expected going into this few hours ago. This from the U SEE Health Traffic Center. You see Health, you'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at you see health dot com. There are a couple of accidents. One you spound two seventy five near five mile, they're over on the left hand side. Traffic slows just a bit. The latest is on northbound two seventy five, just after you get passed thirty two in east Gate. They're blocking the right hand side. But even with that, a huge delay and clean up continues northbound seventy one at fields Hertal right shoulder, Chuck Ingram, News Radio seven hundred w WELW.
Speaker 1: All right, the nine first morning weather forecast center looking like this, remaining overcast for the main of the day. High thirty five, tonight, low twenty six. Tomorrow the high is only twenty nine, but snow's going to begin in early afternoon, possibly three to five inches. Just be prepared for it, all right, that's tomorrow, gonna be a cold on Sunday, Sunshine and a high of twelve on Sunday for the Bengals game. So if your tailgating going to the game, it's gonna be cold. It's still twenty eight at your severe weather station. News Radio seven hundred WLW. He wrote a book called My Big Red Machine. You know, this is the fiftieth year of the Big Red Machine. Coming up in the next half hour, I'm going to talk to author Terrence Moore and break it down on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: This report is Sponsoredvice super Sure Do you own a small on seven hundred Good Morning.
Speaker 2: Steve Oracle's stock round on Thursday wiping out almost twenty five billion dollars from Larry Ellison's wealth, knocking him down one notch to third place on the Bloomberg Billionaire's Index. Don't cry, fells and though, as he's still worth close to two hundred and fifty eight billion dollars. According to CNN, the Food and Drug Administration is preparing to put a black box warning on COVID nineteen vaccines. A black box warning is the strongest caution for prescription drugs and is usually reserved for alerting patients to possible adverse reactions that could lead to either death or serious injury. For students filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid Form, or FAFSA, some colleges may now come with a warning. This week, President Trum's Education Department added an earnings indicator to the FAFSA process, which flags any school where the average earnings of its graduates is below the average earnings of high school graduates. Around twenty three percent of colleges in the federal database classify as quote low earnings under the department's metrics. From Bloomberg Dan Schwartzman on news Radio seven hundred w LW.
Speaker 1: Seven hundred WLWN, Cincinnati. I thought we would talk right now to Terrence Moore. His book is My Big Red Machine, The tales, drama, and revelations of a fan turned journalist covering Baseball's greatest team. Terrence, good morning, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Hey, I'm glad to be here. Thanks for having me on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is the perfect year to write a book about the Big Red Machine, the fiftieth anniversary of the first back to back world series titles. What is your background and why did you write the book.
Speaker 5: Well, here's the thing that makes it so interesting. I have been a professional sports journalist now for nearly fifty years. I'm based here in Atlanta. Now, I'm a national sports columnist for Force dot Com. I'm a professor at Georgia State University, a contributing editor Atlanta. I did a TV show here in Atlanta. I do national television and such. Worked as a San Francesco examiner for five years and then E Lan John conseruation for twenty five years. And I'm saying all that to say my biggest break came when I worked for the Cincinnati Inquirer, and one of my top assignments was covering the Cincinnati Red Slash the Big Red Machine. And that is not really the big part of the story. The big part of the story is I grew up as a barreheart Big Red Machine fan. My dad moved. We grew up in South in Indiana. My dad was an att supervisor. I got transferred to Cincinnati at sixty eight and that was the start of the Big Red Machine. So I always tell people that the Big Red Machine is came about because we moved to Cincinnati. That's my story, and I'm telling I went to stick with that story forever. And so I went for that Darnhart Redgs fan, big Reversine fan, to going to at Miami University right there at Oxford, Ohio a week later, graduated from Miami in May of nineteen seventy eight and joining the Sincide inquire full time, and then all of a sudden getting a chance to meet my heroes baseball heroes. And people say never meet their heroes, but for me, it was a great, great experience. So in a nutshell, that is my life story.
Speaker 1: And as a fan and a journalist, you've got great stories. Everybody's heard about the Big Red Machine. But the Marty Brenneman wrote the forward to your book, said he'd never heard of some of this stuff, seventy percent of it. So it's new to the reader that wants to read about the Big Red Machine.
Speaker 3: Right, it really is and.
Speaker 5: Even goes beyond Marty. Some of your readers probably have heard of. Paul McCoy, Yeah, Baseball Hall of Fame writer for the Dayton Daily News said exactly the same thing. He said, it was just an amazing book, and I wanted to tell you a being a spiritual person, I've reread this book several times and against me chills. I mean I wrote it. I mean it's like an hour about a French because it's about two or three chunks here about this book, Steve. It's the chunk that I just said before being this diehard fan and getting a chance to meet his heroes and seeing what they were really like in person, the good, the bad, and the other on mainly good, if not great, particularly when it came to my all time favorite player of Pete Rose, and the other chunk is that I had a chance to not only interact with these people back then, but as time went on, the decades went on, I became very very close with several of them, and they would tell me things they've never told anybody else before. I mean, and particularly I think of Pete Rose, Joe Morgan, Sparky Anderson, and then of course one of the biggies, Bob Housen, who was the architecture of the Big rub Machine. Bob Housen was always very wasn't with us in the media, but he never really said much. Well. I got Bob Hollism a couple of years before his death in January of two thousand and six for another matter, and we ended up talking about the Big Red Machine for about an hour, and I forgot about the interview, and I had recorded the interview, and when I started doing the book, I went back and listened to the interview and I was blown away, and I thought it was just me. And I played it for Marty Brenda and he was blown away. The stuff that Bob Housing told me he never told anybody else before, and it's.
Speaker 3: Not in the book.
Speaker 1: Wow, you just want to read the book just because of the Bob Hawsham story. You also met with Charlie Finley, which I thought was incredible in the book. Also, we're talking to Terrence Terrence Moore with his the fiftieth anniversary of the Big Red Machine. His book is called My Big Red Machine. Terrence. How do we get the book?
Speaker 5: Well, obviously didn't get them through Amazon and bookstores throughout Cincinnati, but here was the ready to get the book is get it through me on my website because I will personalize it for you. And a lot of people have gotten this for the holidays. I mean, I want to tell you, Steve, I've been very busted. The booksells have been great because what happens is people are to hear about the book itself like it's great, and then they get it and they read it and it's like, oh my gosh, I got to get this from somebody else. But they answer your question. You just go to my website which is my Bigredmachine dot Com. It comes directly to me and within twenty four hours I'll send out the book to you. And did you get through those other means. It's also on audio books you get to that that way.
Speaker 3: But you get through me.
Speaker 5: Like I say, you get it personalized, and you get it very very fast.
Speaker 1: Hey, Terrence, I thought it was incredible book stuff I'd never heard about, the Big Red Machine. Thanks so much for writing it, and we'll talk again in the future.
Speaker 5: Okay, thank you, all right?
Speaker 1: My Big Red Machine by Terrence Moore Chuck. That's on my there. If you want to get me some my Big Redmachine dot com. Yeah, wrote it down. Go to his website. He'll personalize it for me. That's great exciting, you know what to give me, hm hmmmm.
Speaker 6: And I was just wondering what in the world am I going to get Steve for Christmas this year?
Speaker 1: Hey, twenty four hours ago, we thought it was really going to be really really snowy this morn. It turned out to be wet. But we still have some problems, right, just a few that are left. Yes, this from the uce Health tramphic center. You see health.
Speaker 6: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at u sehealth dot com. Actually down to just one On the Highways northbound two seventy five, an accident after you got past thirty two at Eastgate right hand side. But even with that, I'm not seeing a huge delay to get by wet roads everywhere else. The potential is there for more problems, but right now both seventy one and seventy five are looking good. Chucking from news radio seven hundred WLW HI.
Speaker 1: The nine first Warning weather cast Center, looking like this an overcast, kind of a dreary day. He today is going to get to thirty five tonight seven o'clock at sentas if you go into the game tip off for Xavier, Missouri state thirty three degrees and we'll head down to twenty six for an all night loan. But then it breaks out again, possibly three to five inches of snow starting tomorrow early afternoon with a high of only twenty nine. But it gets worse, sunshine, very cold. On Sunday kickoff for the Bengals and Ravens. It's going to be ten degrees fields like four below zero. Wow, I'm not kidding. Twenty eight still around the tri State at your severe weather station, news Radio seven hundred WLW. It is Friday and it is time to talk to beer Dave. He joins me.
Speaker 8: Next report is sponsored by Apollo Home, your source for plumbing, heating and air and electrical.
Speaker 1: Turn your past hbac Repaative. How are you good.
Speaker 5: Morning, Steve Hawkins?
Speaker 3: So are you today? Good? Good?
Speaker 1: My youngest son will listens. You want me to tell you he's listening to find some beer ideas every weekend for you, especially for the holidays. So there you go. You got a fan there beer Dave.
Speaker 9: Good Well telling him to get gabb something beer related for Chris.
Speaker 1: Absolutely well, let's find out what we can get right here. I'm almost afraid to ask, but it's furking Friday at Gilligans.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 9: It is furking Friday. What freaking is basically, live carbonated beer is not something that's been forced carbonated or allowed to carbonate further in a fermentation tank or vessel. And this is there today they're tapping their English ipa and English i pea is not going to be as aggressive as it's going to come across, more of like what we would think of a craft al in all honesty, but no, these have been fun that Gilligans have been doing these freking Fridays every so often. They're trying to do at least.
Speaker 3: One a month.
Speaker 9: And if you've never had live cast Gale, I recommend you give this a try tonight.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to try that. Let's talk about mad Tree and the Party Source. Now they've collaborated on a barrel aged Imperial stout. Have you tried this?
Speaker 9: I have a This is just breaking. This is their Whispering Pines Imperial Stout and they partnered up with a party source on this one. So obviously that's where you need to go to acquire this. But this is coming in at twelve and a half percent, so this is something you're gonna want to share with a couple of relatives probably over the Christmas season. You're not gonna want a hold four pack of this to yourself.
Speaker 1: But refreshment stout means what.
Speaker 9: Doubt is going to be dark and almost coffee like in some of its flavors. So think of just black beer as you can. Most people think a Guinness when they think of stout.
Speaker 1: All right, Guinness. He likes Againnis, so maybe that's what he tries.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 1: We got fifty Weiss involved in a lot of stuff. First off, there, the Wooster Pike campus is expanding with an additional distillery. Is that right?
Speaker 9: Yeah, So in twenty twenty, they bought the Robert Jones Distillery and they're going to do sort of kind of like what they did with the brewery there along Wooster Pike and now not just around the corner there on Newtown Road. They're going to be expanding this Robert Jones Distillery campus to where they'll have a pond on the site and they'll have other events and outdoor.
Speaker 3: Stuff that you can do as well. So this will just sort.
Speaker 9: Of grow that whole area there, that nature trail, if you will, with the fifty West Brewery, it's part of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And they're working also how to figure out these THCHC laws also.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean they've been told they have a year to figure it out and make it work and stuff. And their Sunflower brand is really been a growing line for them and it's helping a lot of these breweries survive. So we're hoping that somehow or another they come to an agreement over the next year to figure out what.
Speaker 3: To do with these THHC beverages.
Speaker 1: There you go and Saturday they're hosting the Santa Shuffle.
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 9: So it's a five k run and I would imagine people are going to run fast because it's going to be cold. But you you could win a contest for the best Santa costume, and they guarantee that there'll be plenty of free hot beverages, hot chocolate and such. So get out there in your Santa suit and run for five k.
Speaker 1: There you go, fittingly esoterics. If I said that right snow day, white stout has returned for the winter season, this sounds good.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So you're you're going to think it's it's pale, like a like a blonde or something when you pour it, but it's going to come across with all the stout flavors in that they've learned some ways to play with a malt to where it takes on some of the stout notes of roast and coffee and that. But it's going to be pale in your glass. So kind of cool to call this snow day.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: And today eleven to five Hawksworth and High Grain, Brentwood, they're holding a blood drive. This is important stuff, so you want to give a pint, tell me all about this.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So the roads are essentially fine, just be careful out there, but it's time to give some blood it's important, especially this time of year because donations slow down. So get out there to High Grain at the old Brentwood Bowl on Winton Road and give a pint and maybe afterwards go buy yourself a pint.
Speaker 1: Absolutely and finally, Beer Dave Weedeman has a weekend full of events, plenty of beers, food to warm you up. Tell me all about it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so, I mean Friday, Saturday, Sunday. There's all kinds of events going on that they'll have on the TV, all the sporting events and stuff. But one of the cool things is they have their monthly Mustard Club meeting the Cincinnati They're doing a brunch on Saturday. If you haven't experience this, it's really cool. I mean because you think, okay, there's Frenches, there's you know, gray Poupond, but these guys are going to really open your eyes to just how many types of mustards there really are out there.
Speaker 1: That sounds cool, and that again is Weedaman this weekend, Beer Dave, were you going to be drinking beer this weekend?
Speaker 9: I've got a Christmas party in Saint Louis. I'm going to be driving over too, so I'm I'm going to be in the land of the Blues drinking some bruise.
Speaker 1: All right, you stay safe and we'll talk to you next Friday.
Speaker 9: Okay, that sounds great, Steve, thanks all right.
Speaker 1: Scott Sloan is coming up next. Tom will be back Monday morning at five oh six. It's nine o'clock on the Home of the Best Bengals coverage News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: News Traffic and Weather.
Speaker 6: News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: Cincinnati still an impasse over healthcare funding. With the nine o'clock report, rick Yuchino breaking now time is running short for Congress to do something about healthcare premiums, with prices about to go through the roof next month. Obamacare tax credits expire at the end of the year, and the Senate shot down a Democrat backed plan on Thursday that would have extended them for the next three years.
Speaker 7: Health insurance premiums for more than twenty million Americans are set to soar at the end of the month after the Senate failed to act. Republicans blocking an effort to extend expiring Obamacare subsidies, arguing the whole system needs to be overhauled.
Speaker 10: And his ABC's Mary Bruce a Republican plan to funnel healthcare funding through HSA accounts to help pay for insurance plans under the Affordable Care Act was also voted down on Thursday. Dealing with some wet roads this morning after the snowfall overnight, let's check the latest traffic and weather together from the UC hump Trampit Center.
Speaker 3: You see health.
Speaker 6: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at youseehelp dot com. Even with those wet roads, I'm seeing pretty good traffic on the highways right now. Cruise are cleaning up one accident that's northbound two seventy five, just above thirty two E skate. They're on the right hand side southbound seventy five slows just a bit above the lateral. Chuck Ingram News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 11: Now the latest forecast from the No Fear Dentist Weather Center. Advanced dentistry. The thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck. We're here for you. No Fear Dentist dot Com.
Speaker 10: Snow has tapered off this morning, leaving cloudy skies for the rest of the day, a high topping out at thirty five. It's going to be overcast overnight Tonight, you'll low down to twenty six Saturday, mostly cloudy during the morning, and then snow will start to fall in the afternoon carry on into the evening. A winter storm watch will be up for much of the tri State. We'll see a high of twenty nine and overnight low into Sunday of four. Mostly sunny and bitterly cold for the Bengals Ravens game at Peykworf Stadium Sunday afternoon, just a high of twelve.
Speaker 1: On the day.
Speaker 10: This game, to a forecast is built by American Home Tech. Your roof's best defense against any weather American home Tech dot com. Right now it is twenty eight degrees news the service of the Original Mattress Factory and Mike castrewcy Ford. While snow accumulation totals were not as high as anticipated in Southwest Ohio, road crews are still out in full force across much of the state to make sure that the major highways and side streets are passable. You will still see some wet and icy spots out there.
Speaker 1: This morning.
Speaker 10: Northern Kentucky did get more snowfall overnight than Ohio did. Boone, Kenton, and Campbell County is all still operating under Level one snow advisory, So again, just make sure to use caution as you head out to work or wherever it is you need to go this morning. A political defeat in Indiana for Republicans hoping that it would be the next state to redraw its congressional maps to make it easier for the GOP to pick up seats in the mid her election next year. Several state Republican lawmakers voted down the measure yesterday, despite pressure and potentially threats.
Speaker 12: Lawmakers in deep red Indiana rebuking pressure from the president, rejecting a re drawn congressional map that would have likely netted Republicans to congressional seats next year, some lawmakers saying they received anonymous threats.
Speaker 1: Before the votes.
Speaker 10: ABC's Nicole D'Antonio a sharp rise in rent prices for a number of elderly residents in the tri State. It has now been ruled to have been on the up and up.
Speaker 13: And Ohio Housing Finance Agency spokeswoman has confirmed the red increases proposed by Victory Visa apartments in Panic Hills complies with federal and tax deal guidelines, but did acknowledge those hikes are steep. It's the latest news that the Kingsley and Company owned building led by former Cincinnati Bengal Jennadoom and Duqua As the residents held at inaugural Tenants Association meeting, nearly forty tenants, primarily elderly and low income, faced steep high that could lead to their evictions, some around seven hundred dollars more per month. In their statement, Kingsley and Companies stated that no residents have been evicted or displaced from their proposal. I'mley Mawen News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: College Basketball Tonight Xavier back at home take on Missouri State tip off is scheduled for seven. Our Pregime coverage gets underway this evening at six thirty. Our next update at nine thirty. I'm rick Yucchino, Who's Radio seven hundred w Wel.
Speaker 8: Doubles reported is sponsored by Apollo Home, your source for plumbing, heating, and air and electrical. Get ready for reliable home comfort in any season with Apollo Home for a limited time, get a tw