Speaker 1: Yeah, two weeks tell Vegas Cafe dot com slash Vegas. We will be there October twenty third or the twenty sixth at Tom's watch Bar. Watch parties on Thursday and Saturday, and then of course the Morning Show on Friday morning.
Speaker 2: Hope you join us there canfe dot com slash Vegas.
Speaker 3: Now, all I have is an eye watch? Is that? Okay? They're going.
Speaker 4: I mean it's a watch bar. I thank you, thank you for that, thank you, watch, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 5: It's awsome A little surprised you're not a watch guy.
Speaker 2: I mean I have.
Speaker 5: Verbally nice watch. I just don't it a lot the boy.
Speaker 6: Oh if you wear it to special events? Yeah, such as when I dress up nicely.
Speaker 2: You gotta flex the ice? Gottas the ice?
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, when do you floss the ice?
Speaker 7: When I roll the Bentley, when I keep the stick around the Bentley just to show the price.
Speaker 3: Come on, he doesn't know what floss is.
Speaker 6: Oh come on, yeah, he barely knows what ice is.
Speaker 3: Jesus, are you talking to the Lord.
Speaker 5: Yes, he's already. He's relaxed.
Speaker 2: He's chilling. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, right, if I get that joke, Okay, so yes, today we had a chance to talk to Kevin O'Connell. He's like the head coach of the Minnesota Ice. It's we're fans of him on this show. He seems very nice. Yep, he's always been very nice to us. We get to go down to tco. We get to talk to him exclusively, not with the herd like us, not with the herd where.
Speaker 5: They ask a whole bunch of questions just to hear their own voice.
Speaker 6: We talk about a lot of non football stuff because CHAOSI gets tired of talking football.
Speaker 5: We call it a power trip press confidence.
Speaker 6: It starts now and now it's time for a power trip press conference. Good morning, Kevin, Kevin, why do you why do you microdos that trip?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Speaking at chilling Hey, coach, I heard you in Hawk when you guys were in London went to a few ladies nights.
Speaker 5: Why ladies nights?
Speaker 8: You're trying to find ways to score?
Speaker 4: Yeah, hey, man, brother, I appreciated that hangout time you and I had as we walked around looking for ladies or whatever. Yeah, I mean, and I you know, while we were hanging out, Coach, I described you as a kind of lady. I'm looking for How would you describe it to my friends here?
Speaker 5: Healthy?
Speaker 3: That's right, that's right, that's right, buddy.
Speaker 5: That's the best possible way to say that. That's very nice. That's right.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's well said. And that's how I like.
Speaker 8: Him, Kevin.
Speaker 6: You've watched him, You've watched him work some up sauce in the bedroom.
Speaker 8: Shorter completions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 5: I mean that was our secret, buddy, It's the all twenty two secret. Yeah, we do.
Speaker 7: Hey, coach, what was Pa doing walking up and down the aisles of the plane before you guys took off.
Speaker 8: Getting his touches?
Speaker 3: He really was, by the way, of course he was.
Speaker 5: He really was.
Speaker 4: He's bothersome coach, Chris Hockey, how you doing by? Good to see it. Hey, you heard that our guy Ben Lieber went to a Roman back and and I wonder what would Tommy Olsen do at a Roman bath?
Speaker 8: Hellow, immediate penetration.
Speaker 5: Not wrong, Oh my heavens, he's not wrong.
Speaker 3: Legitimate shocked face. That was a literal.
Speaker 5: He's agreed in his car right now. The word immediate was though. Yeah, all right, Kevin.
Speaker 6: Get to know a guy, Kevin, you're gonna have to forgive me, Please forgive me, But I am seriously considering about giving Chad Powers a shot.
Speaker 8: You can't watch that, Okay.
Speaker 6: I know I'm not going to You're right, You're right, I'm not gonna watch it.
Speaker 7: Hey, coach Meat Sauce here, what's Tommy's favorite week of the NFL season?
Speaker 8: Bye week?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Not even close by the way he coach Saucy and I never arguing on where I can't remember he can't remember. What's the name of the cop character on Police Academy who really likes guns?
Speaker 8: Hanburry, brilliant.
Speaker 5: Kevin.
Speaker 6: When you or anyone at t CEO is in a stall going to the bathroom, does it ever feel like someone you know, possibly the voice of the Vikings, is peeking over the stall and watching you go to the bathroom.
Speaker 8: We call it the invisible presence?
Speaker 5: God, yeah, we have that same problem here at iHeart.
Speaker 3: Yes, I feel that.
Speaker 7: Coach here's a tad stretch, But play along, hey, coach. Someone on the fan is notorious for not remembering spouses or kids' names of his coworkers.
Speaker 5: You've met Marty once. What's her husband's name?
Speaker 7: Met?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you get it that even he can do it.
Speaker 4: That's that's right, that's right, coach, is a weird thing out of left field. But I ran out of time this morning.
Speaker 5: Oh boy, you know.
Speaker 3: That sexy little bastard on Fantasy Island? How would he?
Speaker 4: How would he tell his boss what's surrounding this field?
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 9: Defense genius, you love tattoo.
Speaker 5: I love the way South Park does the bit but so good.
Speaker 2: That's sexy, sexy.
Speaker 6: All right, coach, last one for me. Oh look there there he goes. There goes Chris Hockey.
Speaker 5: Dancing and prancing down the hallways, headed towards that empty.
Speaker 8: Office right and straight to jail.
Speaker 3: I get the boyson out, Coach.
Speaker 7: You spent a time with Paul Allen. What did you think the first time you heard him say?
Speaker 5: Yeah, at and beauty.
Speaker 8: It's a weird type of communication, Yes, it is.
Speaker 3: Speaking of p A.
Speaker 4: He got a bit of a sick belly on that uh that plane ride in he was talking about the chop and he was sick.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 4: He went and talked to you in your office afterwards. Everything, okay, we've got a lot to clean up.
Speaker 5: And scene. Pull your hands up.
Speaker 4: A female tattoo, I've got one, yeah, fifteen different reasons.
Speaker 5: Sexy little Master.
Speaker 8: Handberry, brilliant Handberry.
Speaker 2: Tackle one of the greatest characters.
Speaker 3: That's the best.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know he's dead though, right die early. You guys have the glasses who liked the guns?
Speaker 9: Oh hellow immediate penetration Roman Baths.
Speaker 5: That was outstanding. Those were all good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, David David Graft died in two thousand and one. That's right, yeah, fifty yeah, yep. He played Hugene Tackleberry.
Speaker 4: Eugen Well, come back. God, that show was ridiculous, man, so good. I know, what's a guy's name? Help me out, David Graf No, no, I'm sorry, the character? Yeah, yeah, yeah, but what's that Steve goodmur thank you. I wonder whatever happened to dude.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: The last time I heard his name.
Speaker 4: He was hanging out with Woody Harrelson at City's ninety seven and they didn't have shirts on it.
Speaker 3: He was all cut. And that's a weird sentence, but it's a true story.
Speaker 4: I swear to guy like all cut, like muscular, like muscular yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, because I think that it must it must have been the same trip where those two guys went and played basketball at one of the frats at the U.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, that's right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because either Woody or Steve or both was connected to that frat.
Speaker 5: So they went and hooped it up at the U with a bunch of college kids. That's got to be a trip.
Speaker 6: Can you imagine what he heralds and the guy from three Minute and a Baby?
Speaker 3: What do you don't stop trying to get pot from me?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm sure he brought his own.
Speaker 6: He does call it pot though, one hundred percent shutdown. Yeah, no doubt. Tom Pelasero, thanks to Bell Bank. When we come back, we'll ask him about all things NFL. One more segment of the Power to the Morning Show after this on the VN.
Speaker 5: Hey Rubes.
Speaker 1: This football season, Bell Bank is giving one kfan listener each week one thousand dollars to pay it forward to a charity of their choice. Just head over to kfan dot com make the keyword contest, Learn Morning to Today. That's kfan dot com keyword Contests.
Speaker 3: Welcome back, Patrick Morning Show.
Speaker 4: Here we are, and we're gonna talk to our friend and it comes up through your channels, All right, right, Zach, that's correct.
Speaker 7: Cool.
Speaker 4: We're gonna talk to our friend dot com Tom Pelasero momentarily thanks to our friends at Bellbank. I don't know if he's there yet or not. Okay, good, good, good, you know, say hi there, Tom.
Speaker 5: Hi buddy, how are you Tom? Doing fantastic?
Speaker 10: Tell you you guys.
Speaker 4: When you walked into the bell Bank scene the other day with a couple of buttons down, you were gq in it.
Speaker 5: Brother, jeez, calm down. I gonna tell him.
Speaker 3: Many like because I see you like this, I'm like, that guy's a train wreck. And then you want.
Speaker 4: And take a shower and you look great, MANA so well done you you you dressed up good and they're real proud to have you a part of Bell Bank.
Speaker 10: Man, it was fun to see you out in the wild.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you were.
Speaker 10: You were wearing your hairy carry glasses. I wasn't sure if you could actually see me from two feet away.
Speaker 4: I can't see it either way, glasses on, glasses off. I can't see anything anymore.
Speaker 10: Wonderful. Uh yeah, seeing Tim and Todd Brooks Lever was there.
Speaker 3: You were there.
Speaker 10: I got there as they were basically cleaning up. That's the earliest I could get there, because you know, I had a TV show that I was hosting until seven o'clock, but fantastic seeing everybody appreciate all bank as always yep.
Speaker 4: And we'll get to the the the give the Donation partner momentarily and talk about who we're gonna help charity wise this but Ben football, Let's talk Tom in football.
Speaker 6: Hey, Tom, can I ask you a question that we were just talking about off here, and it's maybe the least important one we're going to talk about in the next fifteen minutes or so.
Speaker 5: Can you walk us through the Dan Orlovski story?
Speaker 6: Because the NFL apparently told him to stop posting video breakdowns on social media. That's something that a lot of people on social media really really like. He's really really good at it. People seem to love him in football. Why are they kind of throwing the hammer down specifically on Orlovsky? What's the deal?
Speaker 10: Well, it's not specific today, and there are a lot of rules about what you can post and reposting any clips. There's copyrights. You've seen other aggregators of what I'm having to take stuff down. My understanding that I have not dug a great deal into this because I do not do film breakdowns, because no one would want to watch that. But Meyers standing is you can do it. ESPN's a league partner. There might have been specific clips or something that some type of a response, but again I don't know all the insounts of it, but I would not be surprised if you see some of those things back online.
Speaker 2: SOO yeah, I find that so hard to believe.
Speaker 11: I mean, he all he does is promote the league in such a positive way. I mean, he's the most fair and smartest analyst. I think that's out there, So what a shame. Hopefully he comes back with that.
Speaker 10: We got Brian Baldinger too, who does bald these breakdowns and those have not been disrupted in any way. Again, there may have been a game of telephone. I don't know all the details, but I don't believe that there was a band, certainly not on dan Orlovsky himself. Now you know again there are all these accounts that will just take you know, clips, basically steal it or it's people you know shooting it on their phone and you get these you know, the glare on the screen and all those things. That's not anything new. The NFL has got a pun of rules in place, just like I mean, you can't technically post you know, long press conference clips. I think it's like maximum sixty seconds. They can only be up for twenty four hours. That's just standard rights if it's not necessarily always in force. But certainly if you have anybody who's posting tons of stuff that doesn't work for a league partner and it's running over the ground of what they sell for NFL plus and whatnot, then the league, like any league, is going to take action on it.
Speaker 11: All right, let's talk about the Vikes. I was asked a question the other day. It's a pretty broad general question. It was just basically, what is the state of the Vikings as we go into this bye week? And I just kind of looked at a singular word, and I just think optimism. For there's optimism around this team just because of what they've had to battle through with injuries and then the hope that will get a lot of these guys back after the buye. If I oppose the same question to you, what do you think the state of the Vikings is right now going to the buy Well, they're.
Speaker 10: In flux, but if you look at the volume of injuries, they've had to be three and two and have the opportunity to get a bunch of guys back and for a really tough stretch on their schedule. I have to say that that's, you know, not a bad position to be in. I mean, think about some of the other teams that have been gutted by injuries early on. I mean, Miami lost, you know, it's kind of like similar to the Vikings where they lost the chunk of their offensive line. In their case, they lost you know, their star wide receiver for a long period of time, and they've had some other bumps along the way. They're one and four and they're trying to scrape their way back into this thing. You know, teams like the forty nine Ers that are four and one, the Vikings there are three and two. You're sitting there going, okay, like we've kind of we've gotten through some of the roughest stretches. And the best news for the Vikings is most of these guys are going to get back. The forty nine Ers are not getting nick Osa back. They're not gonna have Brandon Ayuk until probably mid November somewhere in there. A lot of these Vikings injuries were shorter term types of things, and so if you're being an optimist. You're going to say, you know, all right, Ryan Kelly's not coming back anytime soon. We know that he's out at least four games or three more games. That one's going to take a while. But you know, the you know, the rookie guards should be back as soon as this week. Arisa should be you know, maybe close to, if not all the way to one hundred percent of the STAPs that he can take. Brian O'Neil shouldn't be too far behind thereon Jones shouldn't be too far behind. The biggest questions surrounding the Vikings is just how they're going to proceed at the quarterback position. And you know, I've seen a lot of the stuff that's been said and you know, rumored and speculator. This is not a soft benji. Okay, with JJ McCarthy, he has a legit high handkle sprain. You don't put a guy in a walking boot for a week as like part of some broad ruse to secretly bench it. However, JJ McCarthy did not have any reps last year. Okay, from the first preseason game on tears his beniscus. He's out for the whole year, misses all those reps. This season, he has not practiced on consecutive days since before Week one. So what you don't want to do is set there go yep, JJ's back. He's fully healthy. Now we're just rolling him out there. They want to see how he looks through the course of this week doing some individual stuff. They want to see. I understanding the intention is for going to be a full participant in practice next week. You would think that they would be giving him the first team reps if they feel like he's in a position for that, But they also want to be conscientious of Hey, if it just looks like the rhythm and timing and dempo that NFL offenses function on, if that's not back for him, you know, regardless of the ankle, which should be pretty close to one hundred percent at this point, if he just doesn't look like he's you know, in the rhythm of it again, then it would make sense to hold him back, particularly when you're about to go up against one of the best teams, certainly one of the best defenses in the NFL in Philadelphia here. So you know, I would exercise patience on this. You know, there's a reason it's not Kevin O'Connell being you know, vague about the quarterback situation because he might decide to roll with Carson Wentz the rest of the way. That's not the mentality from everything I've been told. It's just about, you know, Didjy hasn't had a lot of practice time. Let's make sure that not just is he ready to play, but that he's in a groove and ready to play.
Speaker 7: Well, Hey, Tom, what do you think the long term and short term answer is with Jordan Addison for the Vikings?
Speaker 10: Well, you know, yeah, you had a situation obviously that arose on the international trip and he dropped off the map for a bit and didn't show up to a walk through. They disciplined him by holding him out for the first quarter. But then you saw down the stretch of that game how effective Jordan Addison can be. It's not the first time, obviously that he's run into issues. He had three game suspension at the start of this year. He's had, you know, various things pop up through the course of his young career. At some point, there's a maturity aspect to it where he's going to need to, you know, get himself in a position where they really feel like they can trust him, you know. If not, you know, again, this is looking way down the road, but you're gonna have decisions to make in terms of signing him to a second contract. Do you potentially trade him, do you let him walk for a compensatory pick. But those are not conversations that they're thinking about a whole lot right now. This is all about making sure Jordan Adison has all the tools at his disposal and the resources to go out there, continue to play well and do the things that he needs to Here. You know, you're paying Justin Jefferson at the top of the market right now, or you know what was the top of the market at the time. Who knows on the next contract or how soon the next contract for Justin Jefferson might come, what that number is going to be. There are some teams that have two highly paid receivers. Obviously Cincinnati does. It sounds like Dallas at least it would entertain the idea of paying George Pickens, although that may well include knowing how knowing how the Cowboys operate a franchise tag in the interim here. But you know, if you're talking about where the wide receiver market is, and how good of a player Jordan Andison is. There's no reason to think. But Calvin Ridley was suspended an entire year and went out there and got paid in free agency. There's no reason to think Jordan Aison can't be a thirty to thirty five by that time, forty million dollars a year player in free agency. Here, the Vikings have more information on him than anybody else, and they'll be able to make their decisions. Really that you know, start coming, you know, in the not too distant future here as he becomes eligible for an extension.
Speaker 3: Was that sausage ever? Hand up?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: I don't think who's in trouble after what are we through? Week five?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 5: Give me some coaches that really need to start winning quickly.
Speaker 10: Well, I don't know that. You know, there's anybody who's like the imminent. You know they're going to get fired if they don't win this week. Certainly Tennessee. You know they got a big win in the wildest fashion possible last week in Arizona. Sometimes you need a little bit of luck on your side. You don't normally get that much luck with a running back dropping a ball at a one yard line that would have been a twenty eight to three game. It would have been a blowout and ends up flipping around. Tennessee's offense gets going. Cam Woard look phenomenal down the stretch, and then they still have the interception fumble situation. But Tennessee clearly, you know, I don't think it's any secret. They need to continue to show progress with the quarterback, with the coaching staff, and we'll see how that goes. You know, you've got us I'm looking at my board here, You've got you know, the Giants obviously, through the course of the season, they're going to need to continue to take strides forward. They got a young quarterback that they like in Jackson Dart. But it's no secret that you know, they've got to win some games through the course of the season. Miami is obviously another one. Like I said there, they've dealt with a lot of challenges. Mike McDaniel is one of the hardest jobs in the NFL, where every week he has to scheme up in offense for a quarterback who literally can't get hit because if he does get hit, something really bad might happen. That's a challenge, and then he doesn't have his wide receiver and short handed offensive line and all the other challenges that I've mentioned. They haven't stopped the run. They got to get better on defense, but that's another team certainly that's got to win. And then there's some you know, other situations. I mean, the way that I always look at is any coach who's in at least his third year and has not been to the playoffs, or any coach who has not been to the playoffs for multiple years, you start to talk about, you know, whether or not they potentially could be in trouble. I think the world of Kevin Stefanski. He's a two time NFL Coach.
Speaker 8: Of the Year.
Speaker 10: He's got his hands full with all the moving parts they have, especially at quarterback in Cleveland. Here, I think it's fair to say that you would like to see progress. You're hoping Dylan Gabriel can be the guy. At some point. You're gonna get a look at Shador Sanders too. They got two first round picks next year. You know, that's a team that has take strides forward. Arizona, same thing Jonathan Gannon ended up amidst that crumbling in a unusual situation. Let's put it that way. Where there was a contact with the player that was deemed inappropriate and the club find him one hundred grand. You know, he's in year three. They got a really young coaching staff. This was always going to be a multi year build. But they're at the point where you've got to learn how to win games. They've lost three three consecutive games on a last second walk off field goal, the first team I believe in NFL history that's ever happened to. At some point, you've got to translate those into wins. And again, I think that if they take strides forward here and they're a nine to ten win team and they're in the playoffs, right on the vergement, I think that he gets another year. But you know, those are kind of the coaches that are in that category. I know there's been speculation about like John Harbaugh. He just got an extension in the offseason. They're one and four, But there's no team that's gutted, especially on defense like they are, and they're rolling with a backup quarterback right now. Now. This is a big game for them this week, there is no doubt about it. Because you lose that game. Lamar is still not practicing. They lose their one in five, they're going to the buy and they're gonna get healthy. But at one in five, you're talking about basically needing to run the table, win nine, ten eleven games through the rest of the course of the season, you're gonna miss the playoffs. I mean, just ask the Bengals last year. You can be as hot as you want in December and January, but if you lost a bunch of games in September and October, it's hard to come back from.
Speaker 11: You know, Tom, I want to ask you, obviously courtesy of Bell Bank, so appreciate Bell Bank for having you on with us. Let's go back to the the Vikings game in London. There was a big controversy. I just want to know what your thoughts are. I know the NFL came out already and they had a statement, but the field goal that Riiker kicked thanks to my guy to my left, Zach Halverson, his little tweet went super viral.
Speaker 5: It's how I it's how I saw I saw it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's how I saw it.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 11: I understand that there may not be conclusive evidence that the ball hit the wire, and they've already said that like it's a dead issue that we're done with this topic, but like it's at least a topic of conversation. You know, where are we with things.
Speaker 2: Of that nature?
Speaker 11: Sort of like why was it even in the field of play like that those wires shouldn't even be in that situation where they're on the play side of the ball, as the NFL said, anything other than just like nope, nothing to see here and we move on. Or is there going to be like some rule changes or something that goes along with all of this.
Speaker 10: Well, first of all, it's not the only time that happened last week. There was also a play in I believe the Rams game where a ball got tipped at the line went up there but that went back. Yeah, but still it's two times where based upon the rules, that's supposed to be a dead ball and replay the down. So my questions would be, and I'm sure what the NFL is looking into, just setting aside your initial question, Benny, is all right, how is instant replay handling these things? What can you see? I know that it was essentially they couldn't see that the ball actually hit the wire. We can look at Zach's tweet and go, well, there's a wire and the ball takes a hard right turn, looks like it hit the wire. You know how they enforce those things. Tottenham Hotspur Stadium is a you know, they play there every year, but it's still an uncommon stadium where there might be different operational things versus a stadium where you know you've got extra cameras. You know, spider cam is generally reserved for you know, the bigger crews. I don't know that every game has one of those, but you're playing it less often in Tottenham Hotspur Stadium than other places here, So I would imagine they're going to look at some things in terms of do they need to adjust exactly you know, where the camera is, where the wires are. It's not an NFL stadium and so you know, maybe things were just built and structured differently than they would be To me, though, the biggest issue is always, all right, things happen, Things happen that you weren't anticipating, But how do you try to fix them in real time? Because if that stuff impacts games, if the Vikings end up losing that game, Zach's tweet is a way bigger deal than it is now where it's well, they still won the game. You have to figure out how to fix it. I think that that goes across all of officiating, That goes across the quick reviews that they do from the booth, replay assist. It goes from what you know is in terms of challenges and things like that, you'd like to get those calls right. In two occasions last week, well one definitely, probably two, based upon what I saw with my own eyes, they missed the opportunity to try to correct that. The officials on the field didn't see it, and the whatever you know infrastructure there is in New York or upstairs, none of those people saw it either. That's problematic and those are things that I would anticipate our address here as we move forward.
Speaker 7: Hey, quick question, Tom, do you think Belichick is one and done in UNC?
Speaker 10: It certainly is possible, Sauce. But if you had asked me last summer or back in January, could Bill Belichi if you wanted done in the USC? I would have said yeah. It never on the surface made sense. And granted we saw the statements last night from Belichick and from the athletic director saying I'm fully committed, were fully in support of him, but realistically, when you were having Bill Belichick come in and try to establish PERV. Even Bill taking over an NFL team would be a challenge in the current environment because of just the mentality of players at this age as they come into the NFL, because Bill Bill is not a Hey, let's take a good team and we'll just add a little bit to it. No, it's strip it down and bring it to all right, let's get the right people. Let's establish the culture. You're probably going to go down before you go up. They were pretty competent for a basketball school. They were competent for a long time, you know, in terms of having Mac Brown there, and they won a lot of games, and they had good players come through there.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 10: Last week you're just you're watching and Bill said the same stuff after games, which, hey, we just got to be fundamentally better. I got to coach better, we got to play better. It's the same old Bill Ois. But that's not college football.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 10: College football is wide open transfer portals and nil and rev share, and you had the opportunity. I mean, they brought in seventy new players, but they also let some of their best players walk out the door. One of them left after spring ball. They weren't willing to pay, you know, the money that Ohio State would pay for players. I've heard stories where they weren't willing to pay what's certain staff members they wanted to have were willing to get. I mean, that's that's the nature of it. Bill is still a really good coach, and I think that it's instructive when you read, you know, some of those stories and I'm not, you know, familiar with some of the people who reported them, but to me just reading them as somebody who understands the industry, I'd say that they appear to be pretty well sourced stuff. Everything you see on Bill himself is, Hey, the one on one coaching is good. He is pleasant to people around the building. It's everybody else. It's the entire structure of the thing, and it's Michael Lombardi, and it's the coaching staff that's there, and it's how they've you know, the identification and retention of players. All those things just appear to be beyond him. So you know, the real question would become, I don't see UNC paying a twenty million dollar buyout to get rid of Bill Belichick. That doesn't make a lot of sense. I think the real question here would be this Bill just say, I'm gonna I'm gonna give you back to one million dollars. I'm going to try to either go to the NFL or I'm gonna go into the media. Bill's an NFL coach, E can coach football. That that part is not in doubt. I don't. I don't indict Bill Belichick like some other people might based on the results in North Carolina as a coach. But Bill Belichick is a college program builder surrounded by a bunch of people who also have never built a college program. It didn't make sense in December, It didn't make sense this summer when you started to read some of the things. It still doesn't make sense. Now you're seeing the results on the field, and we'll find out for whoever long he has left if they can show some kind of signs of progress.
Speaker 6: Here, all right, show a little more skin next week when you join. Drop a button or two please.
Speaker 5: If you wouldn't mind.
Speaker 10: I'm always a two button. I'm always a two button guy. That's at button, the most important button.
Speaker 5: Twos en off, Zach says, Zacha's twos off. Thanks Tom, appreciate it. Buddy, see you next week.
Speaker 4: It's great, Tom Pelser, thanks to the great Bell Bank. And you can go on on campan dot com right now and nominated charity to pay it forward thanks to Bell Bank. And that by the way, if you guys remember, and I know you do, is how we met Bellbank. We happened to have an employee instudious on Michael the other day who was in here when one of our listeners I was talking about needing some help getting a handicap accessible van, and that is how he got his van. And that's how we started our relationship with Bell Bank. I'll never forget that talk about being a good way to meet a good partner. So right now you can go on campan dot com and put in the keyword bell and it'll bring up all the information for you to nominated charity. And guess what, that's exactly what Greg Hawkins did. He nominated Hope Kids. That's Hope Kids dot org slash Minnesota. Hope Kids provides ongoing events, activities, and a powerful, unique support community for families who have a child with cancer or another life threatening medical condition. Thank you, Greg Hawkins, and thank you for all the people at home kids dot org, slash Minnesota and all you do and thank you Bell Bank.
Speaker 6: Now it's time for headline prot by my friends at Wolf River Electric and wolf Riverelectric dot com.
Speaker 5: It's not too late in twenty twenty.
Speaker 6: Five to get those solar panels put on retouch with the great people at wolf Riverelectric dot com.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hell yeah, man, oh yeah man?
Speaker 6: What oh Saucy Ready to be shocked and surprised at every single headline that I read? What an inmate escaped but was arrested on Monday after leaving Paul hang on wait till I finished brilliant After he left the work site and then later was found naked in Southwest Georgia.
Speaker 5: What so? What I mean?
Speaker 6: I think he thought, probably I got to ditch this outfits close, But I think he didn't think. But I will get noticed if I'm nude?
Speaker 5: Yeah right?
Speaker 6: Step one good, get rid of the clothes, change and outfits. But you can't get rid of the first outfit until you find the second one. He was found naked in Southwest Georgia.
Speaker 3: The underpants partisan important. Forget about that step point.
Speaker 6: Here's a terrifying stat Approximately, how many high schoolers give me. A percentage say that they or someone they know has had a quote romantic relationship with artificial intelligence.
Speaker 2: Man, I hope it's single digits.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go, who get surveyed again, high schoolers, whether it's they or someone they know has had a quote romantic relationship with artificial intelligence?
Speaker 3: Please right, here's here's my reasoning.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be in the twenty five range, because, whether it's actually happening or not, somebody's making a rumor about Johnny who's getting it on with an AI character and in love. So I would say they think it's more than it is. I'm gonna say twenty five percent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, twenty eight cheater that you win.
Speaker 5: Price is right.
Speaker 6: The other way around twenty percent, about twenty percent.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 2: One in five.
Speaker 6: Forty two percent of those same students say they at least know someone who has used it for companionship, not necessarily romantic relationships, but they need a friend.
Speaker 3: Sure, and they use it for other things too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I bet you know, man, from what the advertisements I keep getting shown on Facebook say. On Facebook, Yeah it's weird, man. I get an ad saying, hey, you want to watch some pornios.
Speaker 5: So just see Grandma's quick status. What should add for you're just looking at all?
Speaker 7: And then just pornio as I'm the only one for real, I don't go on Facebook.
Speaker 5: Oh I've never been honest.
Speaker 7: Wait, you really go on Facebook and you get told about pornios? Sure?
Speaker 5: Hey, they know? Doesn't of course it works.
Speaker 3: It depends on what the menu is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what mood you're in?
Speaker 6: Hey, Zach, Yeah, I need you to answer this first question simply yes or no. You can't even have you can't even say. It's complicated or maybe I need a yes or no? No, yes, yes or no? Boy ghosts real yes or no. If you have to say one of the two, which way you leaning yes or no? You got to be right, I mean, if I have to be right no. But it's more nuanced than that. But you're going no, probably damn it. Okay, because check this out. This is sad, but stay with me. A sixty year old woman at Disneyland suffered a heart attack and died.
Speaker 5: She was on the Haunted Mansion ride.
Speaker 2: I saw that. I mean, they do tell you in the beginning.
Speaker 1: They got the scary guy says you can take his way out of the ride if you want to leave.
Speaker 2: She did, she did? So oops.
Speaker 5: Do you believe she will haunt the haunted mansion ride?
Speaker 2: I mean that's the spirit, right, you know?
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, yeah, that's the spirit.
Speaker 6: All right, buckle up unless you read this. This is unguessable. Oh my god, is it kind of a fifty one year old guy? Obviously, this is a guy. Fifty one year old guy in Florida.
Speaker 2: Oh got.
Speaker 6: He got arrested when the cops booked him the other day. Actually, let me back it up. They had gotten a call about a naked man in a public bathroom. He was fully clothed by the time they got there, so they let him go. But then he was trespassing on a set of train tracks right in front of them, and he threatened to kill a cop. So they're like, all right now, now you're under her that So he almost got away being naked in a public bathroom, but he went the wrong way with some other stuff.
Speaker 5: Because it's Florida, so check this out, they book him. And when they booked him.
Speaker 6: The the sheriff claims they found the quote largest item they've ever seen in his quote exit ramp. Oh take a shot.
Speaker 5: What this guy had up there.
Speaker 1: Oh lord, Oh, is the bathroom of hints at all?
Speaker 6: No, it's not like a plunger. Oh boy, this is a hint. I don't think it helps, but this is a hint. I cannot believe this fits.
Speaker 4: Corey. I can't answer because I read this this morning and I've spent the morning trying to figure it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't understand this. It's not how does this fit? I don't know basketball. I mean that's I mean, that's just too.
Speaker 2: Big a video game controller.
Speaker 5: I would argue bigger than that, right, Yeah.
Speaker 10: Than that.
Speaker 5: Baseball.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say Catcher's mint.
Speaker 6: No, it's a base This is the only hint that I can give before we just give it away. This things cylindrical, a baseball bat, tennis ball canister.
Speaker 5: No, but that's criminals.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 4: I just can't believe this, right, Yeah, you gotta just tell Hi, because I got to play the audio of the cop.
Speaker 6: A full sized, as this story says, a full sized thermis.
Speaker 12: So we put everybody through a body scanner to make sure that they're not trying to bring guns and knives and drugs into the jail. Well, you might have thought Walter was bringing drugs into the jail. He brought a thermost into the jail. He put it up the exit ramp. He said, well, I put that inside my body twenty four hours earlier, the deputy saved this lot.
Speaker 1: I mean, whatever was in that thermos must have been like very very warm.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the coffee still warm, well insulated. Good super Who wants soup? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh man, some SuperM a thermos right now, right out of the chat I got for.
Speaker 5: Twenty four hours, like a coke freestyle machine.
Speaker 3: You're leaking tomato soup.
Speaker 5: Oh, just push the button in fill it up except beer cheese. Yeah, not beer cheese, full sized thermos.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I thought about it, and I can't imagine it. I mean, I can't imagine how greasy that thing would have to or yeah, or how floppy that Yeah, I know what you're saying.
Speaker 2: I know my body is amazing.
Speaker 6: But to that, to that guy's point, if twenty four hours, he was like, look, this guy was in trouble him. What's the maximum number of hours before you can't survive that.
Speaker 3: I'm sure the numbers hours, I think it must be. I didn't I would win.
Speaker 5: Twenty four hours.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a taken takeing time.
Speaker 5: Bahmb up.
Speaker 4: There he's a walking storage.
Speaker 2: So we obviously didn't do that deed for twenty four hours?
Speaker 5: Or did he? Or did he right into the third? Maybe it was like a filter. Yeah maybe maybe maybe maybe it wasn't damned all the way.
Speaker 6: Here's another example of I don't think we have heard this before, but if we have, I missed it because I'm pumped about this. George Clooney says a new Oceans movie will probably start filming next year.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I saw that this morning. Yeah, that's sweet, that's awesome. I like all three of those.
Speaker 6: Again, I watched all three points, like, that's a really good point.
Speaker 5: Actually, what happened? I mean, out of the original eleven, they're not all alive. Who's death? Bernie Mack is no longer is Rob?
Speaker 3: Rob Rinder's gone as a car render he's gone.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh the gentleman who? Uh? Elliott Gould? Who got the letters? I believe did he pass? H?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, he's gone. What's her faces stand from friends?
Speaker 5: Exactly?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Exactly? Thank you? Good good pulling.
Speaker 5: So we have what eight eight or so left? Yeah, and we Ocean's eight oceans eight and.
Speaker 2: Hawk loved it.
Speaker 5: Maybe maybe Scott Khan doesn't join him. We're down to sell.
Speaker 4: Maybe they put his sister into uh and make it Oceans nine, because what's your face at busy?
Speaker 6: I mean, it's got to be fourteen. It's gotta be's got to be fourteen. You got to build a team. It's got to be fourteen.
Speaker 3: I know. If you guys, you are busy in.
Speaker 6: Put Terry Terry roller skating up and down the Vegas ship helping distract everybody, that'd be outstanding.
Speaker 5: Uh, he might want a thermos.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Oh, Terry's character has probably done that for sure and not known.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the tip I would be hanging out those shorts.
Speaker 5: For the For the record, we don't believe Nick has rs.
Speaker 2: If Nick's listening, all the problem is he's a character actor. So that's very much enough.
Speaker 3: Daniel Lewis, he's got to try it before he does.
Speaker 5: Here's this yet, Nick nuts, that's a.
Speaker 4: Real life Yetti poor And by the way, John Candy movie comes out tomorrow on the Ozzie Documentaries out now on PARAMOUNTA.
Speaker 6: Here and they're doing a Downy one too. Did you see that La Downey? She was great and Touched by an Angel.
Speaker 2: Saturday night last.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, that that'll be good. Trust me, you've seen a lot of.
Speaker 5: Probably all right. Initials.
Speaker 6: Tomorrow at eight fifteen, Nico Medved, the Gopher basketball coach, the new Gopher basketball coach, will be playing initials. It will be about eight o'clock or so, and then a one hundred and one thousand dollars with the initials.
Speaker 5: Jackpop thinks the Saint Paul fit or Credit Union.
Speaker 2: See you tomorrow. Yeah, we'll see to.
Speaker 3: Arron by the way.
Speaker 4: Tonight at the Metropolitan right across the street, I'm hosting an event. It's a benefit I'm Sober Home for military veterans with PTSD. So please check out my twitter feed Chris Underscore Hockey to come check out our benefit for Bravu Bravo Zulu House tonight.
Speaker 3: We got a few tickets available. Please come join us and support those veterans. Bye, everybody a ready hands the reading for day. You two have a