Speaker 1: Out for the kids out there.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: I make sure, Yeah, check the candy for the needles and razor blades too.
Speaker 1: Remember well this year, if you suspects, I wanted to and as a little public service from your buddy Eddy fingers here, look, if you suspect it's uh THC infused or psilocybin infused, I wish you would send it to me so I can check.
Speaker 2: It for you.
Speaker 1: You'll test all of them and I will get back to you with the results as soon as I get back from wherever it is. I end up with that. We go to our good friend Richard Skinner, as we talked to him every Friday about this time. Skinny, how you doing?
Speaker 4: I'm doing well, fellows that are you good?
Speaker 1: Buddy? Do you do you do the whole Halloween thing? What goes on with you?
Speaker 5: Usually?
Speaker 4: This year I've got actually at Beachwood High schol where coach basketball. So we got practiced so about five or so. I probably won't get home when Trick or Treat starts, and I actually have a bunch of work I got to catch up on. So this year I'm going to be that guy that turns off the lights and hides I never do that, but this is just a weird. This occur on a Friday Night's is really weird for me.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 3: It's, yeah, a lot going on on the weekend for trick or treating, but but now watch out because Moeger is going to come after you. He is a like if you if you don't give out a Halloween candy, you should be like shot kind of guy or something.
Speaker 4: I'm totally with him. I mean, normally my routine is get a chair, sit at the front of my driveway, get a big old solo cup full of wine and sip that and hand out candy. It's just this year was was weird. I actually suppsed to do high school foballa night and we got bumped by somebody else. I wasn't evenna be home tonight to begin with, So it's just it's a weird night.
Speaker 1: Gotcha? Gotcha? All right?
Speaker 3: Well, speaking of weird, hopefully the Bengals will not be weird this weekend and get a win. I'm seeing the line. I guess is now, uh what to minus two and a half with Chicago? I guess first, getting what's the the latest on Joe? Do we think he'll play.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do you know. He met with us today and said he's feeling better, said the shoulders felt better throughout the week. He didn't practice even in the walk through today, but we talked to the handful. Reporter talked to Zach Tayler after practice as well, and he said he saw what he needed to see. On Thursday. He wasn't committing to him playing because you could always get the Sunday and that shoulders not feeling the way he thought it was feeling, and he goes and warms up and come to realize I can't go. So I think that's the wise thing to do, to stay fairly noncommittal. I don't think they're trying to be quay with the Bears. I think it's the truth. But I you know, Joe said, pretdefenditive, like I'm feeling good enough to go out there and give it a run. I think the question HIRACKI is with that, with that injury. You know he didn't He hardly got hit in that last game, and he got sacked once and he got her on the web play. He was sacked on but he landed square on that shoulder. Who's to say he doesn't get hit in this game and do the same thing. It's why today they they they they signed Sean Clifford to the active roster. I'm guessing he'll be inactive on Sunday, but because he's on the active roster, they can make him the emergency third quarterback. I wouldn't read anything into that, like they all of a sudden feel like Joe can't play. It's a matter, Well, Joe's out there and gets hurt quickly, then we only had the one quarterback. We better have a backup plan. In the league, they made a rule a few years ago. Now this player, you know, you have to bring him to your active roster. You can make him inactive one of your an actors on game day, but designate that guy as the third quarterback, so he can only come in if the second guy gets hurt. It happened last year in Cleveland. The Bengals played in Cleveland. They started Deshaun Watson, he hurt his achilles, then in King Dorian Thompson Robinson, who was got awful, and then all of a sudden suffered some kind of injury which I think was called god awful injury, and then they brought in Jameis Winston is the emergency third guy, So I think that's the the Sean Clifford move for today. But back to your original question, I think I think he's given it a go.
Speaker 1: How about Hendrickson, what do we know about him?
Speaker 4: He's doubtful, Logan Wilson are doubtful, and I you know, Trey came out of that Green Bay game of the hip injury, missed the game, and then came back to the Jets game, left that game with the with the hip injury reaggravated it. I would guess with the bye week coming up, and especially with a doubtful desit. I don't even know why they have the doubtful designation because I hardly anybody I've ever seen has been placed on the doubtful list ever plays usually on a Saturday, or they're eventually declared out. Uh, you know, the questionable guys are questionable. It's fifty to fifty and that though those guys play like Placo's questionable officially on the report. I don't know why they have the doubtful but I yeah, I don't see any world in which Trey Hendrickson middle Logan roles and play.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now that the Bears are also pretty banged up skinny, especially on offense. Like early in the week, it was what Dj Moore, Roma duns a, Luther Burden.
Speaker 8: And the wide receivers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then but then I.
Speaker 3: Saw today, I guess DeAndre Swift is out with a growing injury, so that's that's good.
Speaker 4: And I think another one of their backs, Ty Johnson is too, but they're their number two back coming on guy who played at Rutgers. You may have done a game with his too, I like, ye, I don't know, I'm I'm assuming you might have, but yeah, he's a he's a nice player, so it's it's a drop off from Swift. I mean, Gwnery. Shift's a good back and this guy gets your regular one hundred dards from scrimmage eagenary week scores at least a touchdown a week. I mean for fantasy players, it's a pretty big blow because he does kind of feel the statute. It's never huge, huge numbers, but it's always a consistent number that you're like, I got to have that guy in my lineup, and you'll see if mun On guy can fill that role. It feels like no matter who runs against the Bengals, they run for major guards. I didn't know who Isaiah Davis or the Jets was until last week when he ran through a Barrett Carter tackle and ran for fifty yards ago. Oh that's Isaiah Davis. H.
Speaker 1: So we're talking to Richard Skinner Skinny Local twelve, and guys, I'll ask you both how important is this game for the Bengals, Because, let's face it, guys, everybody say, oh, this isn't a be all and end all, it kind of is.
Speaker 3: I feel like most of the games from here on now, Skinny are kind of be all end alls. You know, after that loss last week, you know, I mean, can you afford to lose another one here to a Bears team that's okay but not great?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think you can. From a Ikey perspective, you know that's gonna be two losses at home before your bye week. Goofy enough. I mean mathematically, you know there's a possibility to come out.
Speaker 9: Of the buy.
Speaker 4: If the Bengals are three and six, that it's Baltimore at four and five and Pittsburgh at four and five in front of them. But if you win this game to get yourself back on track and just maybe even say to yourself the NFL weird stuff happens. Teams lose the teams they shouldn't lose to every single season. You can't explain how such and such loss is such and such and as long as you can get back on track. And I don't have a lot of faith in the defense getting you back on track. I do think you have a chance to win this game because of the offense. But you win this game and get to four and five, I mean you legitimately. Because Pittsburgh plays Indy, that's not an automatic win. In fact, they're an underdog in that game. Next week, Pittsburgh plays a night game, a Sunday night game at the Los Angeles Los Angeles Chargers. It's conceivable when you go to Pittsburgh on November sixteenth, first game out of the bye week, you're four and five.
Speaker 10: Pittsburgh's four and.
Speaker 4: Five, Baltimore's four and five, and at that point you'll have a chance to control the the standings in the Pittsburgh game at Pittsburgh, and you play Baltimore two more times, so you would control your destiny. I'm not here to tell you it's gonna be a great finish to their destiny, but you would control it very much at that point. So I think that's why this is so pigo ba and just get the taste of the Jets lost out of your system and go, that's that just happens in the league. No one can seem to explain it, and we bounce back nicely from it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and look, I mean, you know, I guess Baltimore they lost what four straight, but then have won two straight, including a big one last night that that cost the GM for the Dolphins' job.
Speaker 1: We'll get into that in a second.
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah, that's why the NFL is great, right because seemingly here, with as disastrous as this team has been this year, Yeah, they're not out of it, you know. I mean it's it's November and they're still still in this thing. So just just one game seasons win and move on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but again, this is one I just don't know how you snap back from three and six and suffering the two losses in a row and fence and you're gonna look back and go, man, you're lucky to win the three games to one, right, I Mean, I just that's human nature. So I think it's big for a lot of reasons, both in the standings and psyche wise.
Speaker 1: Rock you brought up the GM from the Dolphins, and I'll tell you coming it's weird they would fire him coming off what the Dolphins just did last week. Dolphins kind of ruled.
Speaker 4: Until last night. I mean, they got they got smoke up.
Speaker 1: I didn't I didn't see it last night. I was thinking last week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, and they looked ugly. I mean, you know, Tyreek kill injuries left them with really just one competent wide receiver in Jalen Waddle to a tongue of that lo looks just awful. Mike mcganner, the head coach, looks like a dead man walking on the sidelines. You know, it's you know, I think this is the start. I think he'll be out of a job to let the new GM make make that decision to hire whoever the next Dolphins coaches. And I don't think Mike and Dams has a whole lot of time. Maybe they give the rest of the season, but it's not gonna be more than that.
Speaker 3: Now you're hearing rumors of Lane Kiff into the Dolphins. Skinny, what do you think it'd be fun?
Speaker 11: Wow?
Speaker 4: It would be interesting. I mean, he had he had a swing at the NFL NFL.
Speaker 1: Pie once with the Raiders.
Speaker 4: Man, I will say, don't forget he You know, that was when they drafted JaMarcus Russell and it wasn't his decision to draft graft to Marcus Russell. That was a total Loud Davis move and it kind of sand it really, it kind of kind of submarine Andy chance Lane Kiffin had that had there. He's a he's an easy guy to not like, but he is a really good offensive coach. Everywhere he goes team score points. He just feels like a college guy. Like could I see him skipp into l s U or to Florida? Yeah, I could see him doing that and and thumbing his nose at Old Nose at Old Miss. But I don't know that would That would be a big swing if you're Miami, because I think you got to nail this higher to them because it's been a long time since they won a playoff game.
Speaker 1: It's been a while.
Speaker 3: I guess the case I would make is, yeah, these college coaches are kind of operating like NFL head coaches.
Speaker 1: And GM's anymore.
Speaker 3: When you know they're balancing ni l which is to say a salary cap and you know, and and and all that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 3: Again, I'm I have no dog in the fight with the Dolphins. I'm rooting for fun and I think that'd be that'd be fun.
Speaker 4: No, it would. And like I said, I mean, he does have NFL experience. He was the head coach of the Raiders. It didn't go well, But I don't think he was a complete reason it didn't go well. I mean, anybody who thought JaMarcus Russell was was the answer screwed that up. One of the worst draft picks in NFL history.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, JaMarcus Russell goes down in the conversation of worst picks ever in history.
Speaker 12: Ye.
Speaker 1: So that'll set you back a little bit.
Speaker 4: That'll set you back when he when that quarterback is the guy who's just awful, not not even confident, but awful. It sets you back a little. Smith, a chilly Smith would like to say a load to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Correct, we're talking to Richard Skinner Local twelve and Skenny switching gears flip flopping over to baseball. I think I can speak for a lot of baseball fans when I say that a lot of people thought the Dodgers were going to run the Blue Jays out of the ballpark, and the blue Jays are about to take this thing.
Speaker 4: Your thoughts, I'd say, get him tonight to supposedly show Hey maybe the opener tomorrow, which means he's not going to pitch a ton if he pitches. But I don't know if I want to face show Hey in a Game seven for hour long. He's in there. He just feels like he would be a Game seven, shut you down guy, just the kind of the way he is. So I would say, if you're gonna finish this off Toronto, finish him off tonight and don't let this go to a Game seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, agreed. And let me ask both of you guys. Even if the Blue Jays win, is Otani going to be the MVP of the series. I haven't watched.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think, I think, I think Ladimir Grirera will be right right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's definitely going to be of the blue Jays win. But damn man, watching O'tani. I haven't seen him play a lot, but watch him through this series.
Speaker 3: Good lord, Well, skinny, some folks are saying he's maybe the best total baseball player of all time.
Speaker 1: Do you subscribe to that or is that a little hyperbole?
Speaker 4: Well, well, I'm an old man, but I'm not old enough to have known Babe Ruth or to a favorite other than than films and look at stats. Babe Ruth was a heck of a pitcher before he ever became a hitter. I mean, you can go to Baseball reference book, you look it up. But in this era though, I mean because obviously at that point in time, you know, a lot of guys weren't specialized. In this ear of specialization, I still go back to that three home run, ten strikeout, six shutout, an easting yep, I remember Fred Smith of what ac doing that back in class? Be not whole? You don't do that stuff as a big league.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that might go down as one of the greatest athletic performances of all time, I mean, just any sport.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's wild. All right, Well that's s Kenny. We will let you go, buddy. Good luck with your up practice. See ye, thank you tip our good friend Richard Skinner Local twelve. And with that we check in with traffic and weather. What is going on?
Speaker 13: Well, from the UC Health Traffic Center with a stroke every second counsel, so does your team home to rapid life saving treatment and clinical trials. You see Health is a clear choice for stroke care. Learn more you see health dot com. We're seeing volumes pick up on seventy five southbound from Vezer Charles to the Brent Spence and seventy five northbound Buttermilk Pike in Kentucky to Kyle's and it's about a ten minute drive. Seventy one southbound MLK to four seventy one getting heavy, and we do have seventy five southbound Ronald Reagan Highway down to Norwood Ladder with about a five minute trip. Right now, traffic is sowing from Cooper. That earlier accident on seventy five south near Cooper has cleared out of the way vine north of Compton. It's a crash and we've got police on the scene. And again heavier pockets are traffic two seventy five at the Kentucky Indiana state line on the westbound side, with traffic sowing back to the Petersburg exit in Kentucky. My Bricks rep for News Radio seven hundred w WELW the.
Speaker 1: Forecast from a seven hundred WLW Weather Center for tonight cloudy thirty eighth, the low for tomorrow clouds and the high of fifty eight. It is fifty four. Now News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 14: This weekend, daylight's aving's time ends. Why cos that's what Americans do. When we wanted to cook a frozen burrito in a minute, we invented the microwave and cook that burrito cost That's what Americans do. And when we want the sun to rise earlier, we change time cause that's what Americans do. So this weekend, set your clocks back one hour.
Speaker 1: Couse, that's what Americans do.
Speaker 14: A reminder from seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 15: This report is sponsored by Duncan supply an American standard air.
Speaker 1: Looking for comfort built to a higher standard.
Speaker 16: American standard heating and air conditioning systems are probably assembled to day Halloween.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, and you might have heard about this. Some breaking news yesterday came out the new congressional maps in the state of Ohio have been redrawn. What's the latest with that? And joining us on the program, we have State Rep. Adam Bird. He is of the sixty third district, which is like Batavia, Amelia. You know kind of east of town here, and he is actually on the Committee on Congressional Redistricting State.
Speaker 9: Rep.
Speaker 1: Adenberg, Welcome to the program.
Speaker 8: How are you, Eddie and Rocky. It's great to be with you today. And we have good news. We have a bipartisan agreed upon map that both Republicans and Democrats have agreed to here in Ohio, and it's good for Ohio, and I think that it also shows that we've got a chance here as Republicans in Ohio to pick up a few more seats.
Speaker 3: So explain that right now, currently ten of fifteen congressional seats in Ohio are held by Republicans, and there's word that these maps might make it a little I would say harder for Marshi Captor of North and Cleveland and maybe even Greg Landsman down here.
Speaker 8: Explain, Yeah, sure, So the Marshy Captor seat is actually in Toledo area and that has significantly gotten reader and we've got some really good candidates that I think are going to give her a run. I think it's going to be an R plus at Elevan District in that area, and and so I think we're going to pick up a seat there for sure. And then you talk about the Cincinnati area and oh one, currently, as it's currently comprised with Greg Landsman, it's a Democrat plus one district. Guess what, guys, this is now a Republican plus six district. Okay, it's got a swing of seven points from what it is now to what it's going to be next November.
Speaker 1: No, I was going to say, so that's next November. There has well obviously no effect on this election right at them?
Speaker 8: Well, I mean primary for this is going to be in May of twenty yeah, coming up here, and then the general election next November. And so obviously there's going to be a significant number of Republicans I think that are living in Hamilton County or Warrant County that we'll be looking at this now because it was it was basically on winnable as it currently comprised, it's a Democrat plus one and uh, and so now this is this is an R plus six and uh, this is very winnable.
Speaker 17: Uh.
Speaker 8: I don't know, even a Rocky boyman might might be interested in running for this and winning this Seaton.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll get back you on that.
Speaker 3: Let's talk specifically, Adam about O H one because that's you know traditionally has been you know like southwest Excubia, yes, uh yeah, southwest corner of the state, and then a little bit of of Warren County kind of like almost like two squares kind of you know combined on the on the one point there, like where's these lines going to be redrawn to.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So, as currently approved today, this includes Harrison, it includes parts of Green Township, it will include downtown Cincinnati, it will include Anderson Township, it will include Stems Township, and then Warren County and also added into the mix will be Clinton County. So you know we've got some some uh, this will this will be a real interesting race because it's got uh you know, some deep blue sections of downtown Cincinnati. Plus you've got deep red areas like Clinton County. So, like I said, this is uh it does meander a little bit, but uh and unfortunately it does break up Green Township and it does break up the village of Indian Hill. But uh, you know what we've got is approved by both sides and and so this is gonna this is going to be interesting political science watching for the next year as people uh try this seat. Now that that may not have before.
Speaker 1: We're talking to State Rep. Adam Bird and let me let me ask you how are how are these things decided? I mean, obviously all of us outside looking in here, okay, this is going to happen now. But would you guys just sit down with a big giant map and you're like, okay, we want that street back to hear and you guys go, no, oh, how does that work?
Speaker 8: Well? In the Ohio Constitution requires that we take a look at this at September and try to pass it with with bout fifty percent of Republicans and Democrats in each chamber in the month of September. That did not happen. So the next process step in the process is the Redistrict Mission comprised to seven people, the governor, the auditor or the Secretary of State, two senators to House members. That's for seven and if that if that group is to pass a map and have to have vote Democrats and Republicans vote for it. And that happened today and and so that's that's really good news. And so yes, they do look at that. There is some complicated software that that knows based on the twenty twenty census data where people live, where they voted, who you know, whether they're registered to be an R or a D or an independent. And and so there's some some pretty complicated software that can that can spit all this stuff out.
Speaker 3: It's interesting, Adam, because I for most of my life I was in the first congressional district, and then the last redistricting that happened a couple of years ago, I went to the eighth. But you're saying, now Harrison is back in the where I live is now back in oh.
Speaker 8: Onereck Harrison southern parts of Green Township, downtown Cincinnati. I think I've described it before. Yes, Harrison is inh.
Speaker 13: One now, gotcha?
Speaker 3: And Adam, last week before we let you go, I really appreciate your time. What do you say to the folks that are saying, oh, this is jerry mandering and the Republicans are controlling this whole thing, and it's a disadvantage to the Democrats. I mean from everything you've said, and I've read that the Democrats agreed to these maps, right, So how can this be something that's unfair?
Speaker 8: Well, very good question. And so jerry mandering is in the eye of the beholder, and so it jerry mandering is literally trying to come up with a certain political outcome. Okay. So when Democrats originally opposed a map that they claim with an eight to seven map, that's Sherry mangreen because you're specifically trying to get an outcome, okay. And so currently it's a ten to five map. And and this map that was passed the day could lead to a few more Republicans, but it might not. It's on us as Republicans, and it's on the Democrats to recruit good candidates, to do good fundraising, to have good messaging. The candidate quality matters, and so some of these things, yeah, are there Republican and Democrat indexes that tend to make you think that a certain side is going to win. Sure, But in the end, candidates quality matters. And so it's going to be on the Republicans in Hamilton and Warren County to find a good candidate that can beat Greg Landsman. And you know, I think that they can. I think that they will.
Speaker 1: Well said State Rep. Adam Berg. We really appreciate your time.
Speaker 8: Thank you, great to be on with you today.
Speaker 1: Thank you. And with that we head to traffic and weather. We've got John Madvery's coming.
Speaker 13: Up and from the UC Health Traffic Center with a stroke every second counts and so does your team home to rapid life saving treatment and clinical trials. You see health is the clearer choice for stroke care. Learnmoreuc heealth dot Com. Crash on both shoulders. Now we'reported on seventy one southbound of Red Banks and Watchford DeLay's police on the scene here. We do have the heavier pockets. Seventy five south from Ronal Regged Highway to Norwood Lateral with the ongoing road walk of on a seven minute drive. We're seeing some heavier pockets to seventy five westbound at the Indiana Kentucky state line. Saw traffic back to the Petersburg exit in Kentucky. Seventy five north bound Mitchell de Paddock is stop and go, and seventy five south from the Viaduct down to the Brent Spence Bridge, about a seven minute trip. By Rick Shrempanews Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for tonight cloudy eight, the low four tomorrow clouds and the high of fifty eight. It is fifty four now. News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 18: It will be a big twelve frid iron gym.
Speaker 11: When you see heads west and tackle Utah our football Bearcats look to annihilate.
Speaker 1: The altitude and up in the US.
Speaker 18: It's a conference clash.
Speaker 1: Catch the call live tomorrow.
Speaker 11: At nine fifteen pm on seven hundred WLW, or spring for free on the new and improved Myheart Radio app.
Speaker 15: This report is sponsored by United Way of Greater Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: I'm Miles Robinson with FC Cincinnati and audio a witch cat the cackle and I ain't got the cackle. And Mandy park Son, we should bring my wife in air. Oh Jesus well, I mean she is a never mind look born with it, lives with it. I live with it. Yeah, I know you do. You tell me about it every day. And here it is Halloween, but yet we all are haunted by the ghost of John Matteries. You're really the man.
Speaker 5: I'm just.
Speaker 12: From me. Get away from even on a scary day like Hallowey.
Speaker 1: Here, reach the wall, get your candy bars Son.
Speaker 12: Here you go, little boy, have a penny.
Speaker 1: It's fun size. Anyways, let's talk about what you're here for. Uh, John Matis, don't waste your money. Dub CBO nine News. So Black Friday it'll start today. What's going on with that? That's the best?
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, Black Friday sales. A couple of early Black Friday sales are actually starting today. Best Buy rolled them out this morning and they're calling them door boosters, booms and uh They've got a picture of a jack O lantern and everything. And I'm like, wait a minute. Now, I'm a nerdy guy. You guys have known me for years and you know I'm a real but I'm not so nerdy that on Halloween Night I'm going to be walked around best Buy to like, you know, buy a new iPad or something. It's like, come on at halloweens.
Speaker 9: A little more.
Speaker 3: I mean one of these days, you know, like Black Friday sales are going to start the day after Easter.
Speaker 1: I'm convinced. Sure, Yeah, they're gonna run.
Speaker 12: Them all year.
Speaker 1: It's just crazy.
Speaker 12: So they're starting sales today at best Buy, also today at Costco. They're calling them.
Speaker 19: Early Black Friday.
Speaker 12: You know, it's the start of the sales, but you know, it's just a lot. Walmart has announced they're actually going full tilt on November fourteenth, which is a week and a half before Black Friday. You know, it's right in the middle of the month, so they're going to start their big Black Friday sales then. So it's just they're just getting earlier and earlier and earlier because they want you to spend more money and they figure if they you know, they used to just be Thanksgiving night and Friday, but now it's like, forget it. You got like two weeks of Black Friday sales leading.
Speaker 20: Up to that.
Speaker 1: So let me speaking of stuff like this though. Guys, I forget what TV show where we were watching last night, but it's just there. Advertisers aren't even pretending anymore. I mean, Christmas is full board. Now it's Halloween today, so I guess that we're close enough to Halloween, let's just go full Christmas.
Speaker 21: I mean, it.
Speaker 1: Was totally snowflakes, you know, Turkey on the table the Lord Yards.
Speaker 12: It was like, yeah, it's already Christmas. I think I mentioned you last week. The week before Lows has their big Root Off the Red Nose Reindeer display all set up and you walk into those day about these giant animated figures that you see there when you walk in, it's like, wait a minute, dude, it's like it was like October fifteenth, I have got Christmas out everywhere. So it's just that they're pushing us earlier and earlier, and the sales they are a start.
Speaker 3: Now, John in general, are these sales Black Friday sales that are starting earlier and earlier?
Speaker 1: Are they any good? Are any sales any good anymore?
Speaker 3: Or is it just kind of like a bunch of hype And it's kind of exactly people.
Speaker 12: Are feeling that way. I think we're getting sales out because there's always so you know, there was Labor Day sales, and there were Black Friday in July, and back to school sales, and now we're coming up on Veterans Days. I mean, there's a sale for every weekend. So I think people are getting a little sailed out now. That said, the real Black Friday sales, the ones that hit around Thanksgiving that week the day after, you know, you do get good deals then. I mean, if you're looking for a TV and these days, seventy five inches is now the standard on those on those TVs, and you know, and they're selling eighty five as well, but you know you want one of those, it's it's that week. It's that last week of November that you're going to find those big TVs really marked down. And it's amazing the prices. You talk about inflation, Yeah, everything's but the growth freestore, everything's up everywhere. Wow. You look at TVs and it's the opposite of inflation. I mean they're getting bigger and charging less every year.
Speaker 4: And I'd like to see that.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, let's talk about other electronics you can get. So John, I'm hearing all this stuff about getting getting a sale for free iPhone seventeen. Where can I do that?
Speaker 20: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Can I do it?
Speaker 12: What three with that? That's another one. That's another ad you see everywhere and it pops up on your Facebook feed and it's like, you know, switch to AT and T, switch to Verizon, switch the T mobile, get a free iPhone seventeen on us and I go wit a minute, the iPhone seventeen is like eight hundred dollars and if you want to pro it's well over a thousand dollars. How am I getting something that's worth almost a thousand dollars for free? And the answer is you're paying for it. You're paying for it in some way, And they're getting flicker how they do it now, because it used to be, well, you know, we'll just add twenty five bucks a month to your cell plan for the next two or three years, and we say we all figured that out. You know, it's like, okay, dude, you know you're charging me once a month. That's fine. But now they're say, no, no, we're not doing that. But what they you, we need to fine print and what they make you do is switch to the more expensive plan. So you may have some unlimited data plan that's like seventy five bucks a month, seventy dollars a month per line unlimited data, and suddenly to get that free iPhone seventeen, you've got to bump up to the unlimited data plan for like ninety nine dollars a month, and you're paying for it, so over time, you pay for it. Apple doesn't give away free phones. We walk into the Apple store, nothing free there. And the cell carriers really aren't giving away free phones either. They're finding some way that over the long term, you know, you're gonna be paying paying toward you.
Speaker 3: I need to get a new phone, by the way, but I just I absolutely just cringe about you got to make an appointment and you've got to go into the store and then they got to you know, download the stuff, and I don't know, I just hate it. You can't just ran me walk into a store and get that done anymore, at least that's not been my recent experience.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and really, if you're with a carrier and you want to stay with that carrier, you kind of want to go to that carrier's store.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 12: You know, sure you can order it from Apple and get an iPhone, but you know you're going to pay for it then, and then you've got to set it up all by yourself. And this is one of the cases where sometimes you know, if you're with AT and T of Horizon, you go to the store, they have one for you, and they help you set it all up. You know, you go to the iCloud, you download everything, they put it on your new phone. You're like, wow, that's really cool. My new phone has all the same apps and everything that my old phone had. So that's kind of the way to do it is to go to the store. Of course, don't forget all the other fees. You've got the activation fee. I love that one, and then you've got tax. So even though it kind of feels like you're order kind of getting a free phone. Uh, you still get taxed on it, and then you got to pay that fifty dollars activation see, and don't forget about the otter box case that runs you about thirty or forty dollars in the top of that. So you walk out and you're like, well, I just charged two hundred and fifty bucks from my free phone out the door.
Speaker 1: Well, like like you guys were talking about getting your phone set up in the store, you try, you know, yeah, you want to do it. You try to do it yourself, and it's like, I can't do this.
Speaker 3: You want to save some of your pictures and your ass and your your phone numbers.
Speaker 1: Just always afraid I'm going to screw it up, right right, But then you go in there and anyone, anyone, and the guy that you give your phone to is you can obviously tell you just something like twenty year old kid.
Speaker 13: Yeah he took he.
Speaker 1: Read something that he knows how to do.
Speaker 4: That.
Speaker 1: I could do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah I can't.
Speaker 1: I choose not to. But I'll stand there with that kid and for twenty minutes ago, how's it going looking good? Chief?
Speaker 12: Yea, it's uploading it's suffering.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 12: The only important thing at the end is that Eddie still has all the phone numbers of his old girlfriends and all the dance clubs that he used to like to go to.
Speaker 1: If you don't think I'm gonna get rid of that stuff, huh awesome. You never know, You never know. Okay, there's no other rope but fire in the furnace.
Speaker 22: Come on now, hey, guys, have a great weekend, and don't waste your money.
Speaker 1: All right, Thanks Johnny, Thanks Johny. Right with that, we're already late for news. Let's get there. Seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 14: News Traffic and Weather News Radio, seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 1: Cincinnati.
Speaker 23: Judges order the White House to pour money into food stamps. This is the four o'clock report. I'm Matt Reese breaking now. A couple court rulings on SNAP, otherwise known as food stamps. A Trump administration ordered this afternoon by two federal judges to provide SNAP food assistance even though the government is shut down. SNAP expires tomorrow, affecting forty two million people who have modest income and will be left without access to the federal subsidy for food products. Judges say the White House must use emergency money to prop up at least some of the food assistance program.
Speaker 24: Earlier this month, the Trump administration reversed its initial promise that it would keep SNAP benefits flowing by using a contingency fund if the side of that fund is for disasters like hurricanes. But now two federal judges say that's a misreading of the law. The five to six billion dollars in the fund would not be enough to cover the program for the month of November, but both judges, sitting in Massachusetts and in Rhode Island, say it must go out asap.
Speaker 23: MA It's ABC, Stephen Portnoy. There's no word yet from the White House on whether it will appeal today's orders. A local county leader promoting a petition to end the government shutdown and save SNAP. We'll have more on that in a moment, but first we checked Friday afternoon traffic weekend. Almost here latest traffic and weather together.
Speaker 13: From the U see Health Traffic Center. With a stroke every second counts and so does your team. Home to rapid life saving treatment and clinical trials, you see health aclare choice for stroke care.
Speaker 1: Learn more.
Speaker 13: You see health dot com and on seventy one northbound Ridge to Ronald Rigan Cross County Highway. Volumes are picking up. We do have the crash affecting both shoulders of seventy one southbound at Red Bank and cruise on the scene getting that taken care. Of seventy five is sowing northbound Mitchell to Paddock and southbound Viaduct to the Brent Spence Bridge. Northbound seventy five in Kentucky, Dixie Highway to the Brent Spence is about a seven minute drive and because of the ongoing roadwork on southbound seventy five Ronald Reagan Highway to Norwood Lateral, it's about a five minute trip. We're seeing so downs. Back to Cooper my Ricks REMPANDEWS Radio seven hundred double d well w Now.
Speaker 11: The latest forecast from the No Fear Dentist Weather Center Advanced Dentistry. The thought of the and is making you a nervous wreck. We're here for you. No Fear Dentist dot Com.
Speaker 25: Fall at decent evening for some trigger treating as temperatures will fall from the mid fifties down into the upper thirties for overnight lows. We still with partly cloudy skies tomorrow temperaures though once again we'll climb to the mid to upper fifties from severe weather station. I'm nine first warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 23: And fifty eight degrees our temperature in sunshine, no rain anywhere close to us on radar. Game Day fore gas built by American Home Tech, A strong defense starts with a solid roof americanhome Tech dot Com again Sunday for the Bengals Bears a pay Core stadium, partly sunny skies, high fifty six, nearly perfect weather. Hamilton County Commissioner Alisha Reese announcing a petition drive and the federal government shutdown and save snap food benefits, and so we're.
Speaker 26: Partnering with the churches and organizers to get the petitions out. They'll be at all the churches. Members will be able to sign up. It'll be at organizations like the Prince Hall, Mason's, the NAACP.
Speaker 1: To get it out.
Speaker 26: Will be on the street level. To get it out, you could do it by your phone.
Speaker 23: Commissioner Rees at a news conference at the Bethel Baptist Church in Walnut Hills earlier today, standing alongside community leaders. In Hamilton County alone, there are nearly one hundred thousand people who are on federal food stands. That's a price tag of nineteen million dollars a month just in Hamilton County. Scary large jackpot for the Mega millions this Halloween night seven hundred and fifty four million dollars, largest jackpot ever for a Halloween drawing. Remember extra hour of sleep this weekend as we mark the end of daylight saving time.
Speaker 1: Here is the.
Speaker 23: Latest on Wall Street. We're right up against the clothes. The Dow is up forty one point sess and P five hundred up eighteen and the Nastack up one hundred and twenty three four oh six and time to check in with the segment.
Speaker 1: Seven one hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 27: It is a Bengals updabout you, my good spirits and party town with thirteen locations in northern Kentucky. Joe Flacco spoke to the media today about his shoulder injury, saying he's feeling good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, i'd listen. I've never really talked about injuries before, so I don't know what to say, but yeah, I feel good.
Speaker 27: Bengals list him as questionable for Sunday up against the Chicago Bears Bengals. Action right here on seven hundred WLW College football number seventeen Cincinnai Bearcats a number twenty four Utah Tomorrow night at nine fifteen Here on seven hundred WLW. Soccer Sunday, It's Game two of the first round playoff series FC Cincinnati at Columbus since he leads at their one game to none. Action at six Sunday on Fox Sports thirteen sixty Bill Dennison, seven hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 23: Your next update at four thirty Matt Reese News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 28: This report is sponsored by One Hour Heating and Derek. Can you as Tim's began to drop, It's time to get your heating tune up with one Hour of Heating and airkendytion shning last two days?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what, but I feel like the last couple of years has been maybe I'm forgetting last year, but I know recently last couple Halloween has been pretty cold and blah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's going to this perfect ball night.
Speaker 3: Remember one time and this is a couple of years back, like it was supposed to be like horrible and they like switched Halloween to remember that Thursday or the day before, the day after something, and then it wound up being awful on the day that they changed it to.
Speaker 1: It was a big mess. There was a I think it was early nineties, I want to say when, uh, And you can look it up on YouTube. It's my wife when she worked at Channel nine and she hadn't been doing reporting very long, so she got the hey, deb go out and do a story on Halloween. It was the year that it snowed, like we got like five six inches of snow on a Halloween. And I still quote her to this day. One of the things she goes, ooh, scary. I was like, really, it didn't it didn't. Commit Yeah, yeah, it's like shut up. I was like twenty two. But anyways, we're talking about Halloween obviously, and we started talking about scary movies, and you know, it's good night for that. That's what that's what we're gonna do. I sit at home and watch a nice scary movie. A good month for scary movies, you know.
Speaker 3: And and by the way, like you know, they've been playing the like all the Halloweens on on Sci Fi Channel or one of those whatever, and so my kids day out of the year, we've have gotten good, good amounts of Halloween one, two, three, four, five, six, seven.
Speaker 1: See, I only like the first two. I'm old school that way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I watched some of the other ones, and yeah they're not I mean, the first two are lovingly bad, but they're still like scary and and then yeah, they just get kind of corn at it. Halloween two is great where he gets at the end of the up moving in a shooting and blows up.
Speaker 1: He's walking out on fire like that. Yeah, yeah, so the nice See that's uh. And that's when when I saw the first one. I think I told you that. And when I first saw whatever year that was, I don't know, it was maybe seventy five, six something like shoot, I forget, maybe seventy four, it doesn't matter. But I was on a first date with a girl and I took her to see it and the theater was packed. It was a Kantiki theater in Dayton shout out to the kanti Key which had blown up about thirty years ago. But anyways, so there were these young gentlemen sitting in front of me who one of the guys had seen the movie before and the whole point of seeing that movie is the surprise element.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well he had seen it like apparently nine time and he said it going, wait a minute, what help we had that door? I'm telling you right now, guys, watch this and I'm like, oh, here comes, here comes right watches He's going to stabber in the back. I'm like, thank you.
Speaker 3: But anyway, but by the way, do you know the story behind the mask, the Michael Myers mask.
Speaker 1: The William Shatner thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So they had such a low budget. I think they had like three hundred grand, right, which is nothing even back in nineteen seventy nine for a budget. So they needed a scary mask. And John Carpenter told the guy go to a store and he bought a William Shatner mask, and they spray painted it white and they cut the eyes out a little bit bigger to make them look more kind of hollow looking, and boom, just like that. One of the most iconic scary figures ever is created.
Speaker 1: Scary movies to you five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven, eight hundred, the Big one and one movie. See it's I don't consider it a scary movie, but one of the few movies that's ever scared me, that bothered me. Let's put it that way with seven. Oh yeah, that movie is disturbing. If you've never seen this movie, uh, it's messed up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean in multiple I mean, the final scene is very famous, but there's also many other messed up parts.
Speaker 1: All the way through it. I'm sitting there watching that, gone, I can't. I can't believe they're putting this.
Speaker 3: Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman in this right right, this is something that's some low budget deal.
Speaker 1: And I'm there. I think Devi and I were dating at the time when that came out, and we're sitting there watching it, and we were watching on TV. I'm not even rented it from like Blockbuster or something, and she's going, this is the kind of movie or show. I was like, I don't know, I heard. Yeah, I mean, it's a great movie, but god, dog man, that movie messed me up for a day.
Speaker 3: With scariest movies for my money ever was the movie Sinister. And it's so scary that I don't I don't remember much of it, you know what I mean, because it's like it's like blot blotted out. But I want to go back and watch it again because I remember being like, this is messed up, this is creepy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I see like a movie I don't want to watch because stuff like and I have I hate to sound like a whos, but I don't want to watch it because stuff like that scares the hell out of me. Clowns, not clown the clown thing. It's the jump I don't like the jump stuff. Jump stuff. Yeah, that's the reason. I mean, I like Halloween just because it was so okay, that's it's I think that's super easy.
Speaker 3: I think the supernatural stuff is you know, like even like The Omen and all those movies back in the days, because it's kind of a little bit sort of based on reality.
Speaker 1: Was he like the Omen that I kind of laughed at most of that just because I was like, that is so over the top. Damn wow. When that when that Sheeta glass or whatever it does, slides off that truck and slices the priests head off, it's like spoiler alert. But the movie's only fifty years old, but I was like that it is so cool. Wow, Damn. Let's take a couple of calls zach In Lovelin, what's going on? Scary movies.
Speaker 29: What do you have, Yeah, Rocky, you know Supernatural you're talking about How about The Exorcist?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's obviously at the at the top. There was a preview of that movie playing on the TV. My kids are like, what's that? I want to watch that? Like, Na, you don't, No, you don't.
Speaker 29: Yeah, I can't even watch like the uncut version of it. I mean it's just don't have a fourteen year old daughter or something, that's why. But No, Exorcists, like scariest movie ever.
Speaker 3: That's probably goes down history is the most agreed upon the scariest movie of all time.
Speaker 1: Well, see, that's one of those movies. Where again, when I saw it when I was in high school, I saw hi when I first came out. That's when they were advertising, Oh, people are throwing up in the lobby and running out of the theater and all that stuff. And I went to my two brothers, so I felt safe because I had my two older brothers with me, so I know no goblin was going to get me. But I'm sitting there, gone, this is really cool, but man, it's weird.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's talk to Reid and Mount Carmel Hey, read what's up.
Speaker 17: How are you guys doing. I'll say the early movies when I came out, you know, like Night maron Al Street and all that, when I first came out of Howling.
Speaker 4: And Silver Bullet and all that.
Speaker 17: But there was just one Stephen King movie you don't ever hardly see. It's called Night Flyer, when his vampire flying around.
Speaker 19: In his cub to dead a little rural air force and starts killing anybody.
Speaker 17: Yeah, you can find at some place.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 17: It's like I've always seen it, like once on TV about twenty years ago. I can't remember what channel was on.
Speaker 1: Thanks, Uh the monster and it's really freaky looking. Yeah, I mean, Stephen. Some of the Stephen King stuff is damn Like Salem is a lot. Scared the hell out of me. Never saw that is good. Oh, pet cemetery, pet Cemetery is good. I was scary. I want to play with you. I say that to Deb all the times. He's like, shut up, Wally, what's going on?
Speaker 30: Uh?
Speaker 5: Well, I was thinking about being scarred for life from watching the movie and being born. In nineteen fifty nine, the movie The Birds.
Speaker 8: Came out, and that one just freaked me out.
Speaker 5: It was a classic for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Alfred Hitchcock, right, yeah, yeah, Dee.
Speaker 29: And the thing is, you think it's like a love story with the pretty girl in it, with the love birds and then all hell breaks loose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and thanks Wally. Yeah, that one's uh again. When I was a kid and I saw that was like like he like Wally was saying though, when I remember asking my older brother, are these birds are gonna chase me down? And picked my eyes out? Yeah, of course your older brother.
Speaker 2: Is going you never know.
Speaker 3: By the way, real quick, have you ever seen like the original Texas Chainsawmasker? I know I have, And that one's freaky because it's it's so low budget that it looks like I gets a homemade video kind of thing, you know what I mean. I feel like that's the scariest part of it. It's like, is this it's like somebody you know, like a snuff film, like you know, it's like Blair Witch.
Speaker 30: Right.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh, let's talk to Alex in spring Bro. Hey, Alex, what's up?
Speaker 17: Hey?
Speaker 31: I recently just started watching lots of the horror movies. The one that I got, I guess the most freaked out FI is the Terrifier series.
Speaker 1: I've heard. Now that's a newer one. I I are those pretty good?
Speaker 31: Oh yeah it will, don't watch it in the dark, all.
Speaker 3: Right, I've seen it's got this crazy, like freaky demon clown looking thing I'd.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, check it out.
Speaker 31: Yeah that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: All right, thanks, thank you. Let's get to it. Andrew, Hey, Drew, what's going on?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 10: Hey, guys, I got a good movie, actually the series. But I don't know if it's just because I watched it when I was younger or what. But the Deeper Screepers those always just scared me to death.
Speaker 1: I think those are just great movies. I saw those great horror I remember those movies. I never saw one.
Speaker 10: Oh I watched it maybe when I was twelve years old, the first one and it and it scared the living daylight.
Speaker 4: Out of me.
Speaker 3: Deeper Scrappers one and two have been playing almost on the loop at our house the last month. My youngest kid just loves it. In fact, I think that's what you might be being for Halloween.
Speaker 1: Because I the one I remember seeing. I don't remember if I was how old I would have been, but candy Man, that was scary.
Speaker 13: That was scary.
Speaker 1: Let's talk to John, John and Cedarville. What's going on?
Speaker 13: John?
Speaker 6: Hey, yeah, you guys doing today?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 7: Rose Red and The Shining.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not gonna argue with the Shining Man. That's uh. And thanks. That's not really a horror movie, or is it. I mean, it's it's freaky.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that it's it's definitely let me tell you. I love that movie. But I the book is is scarier than the than the movie.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: I was on vacation by myself. I was staying in a cabin in the woods, and for whatever reason, I reading The Shining on that trip.
Speaker 3: I don't know what's more shocking that the book is scarier than the movie or that you've read a book.
Speaker 1: Well, I had nothing else to do. You can, you can only you know self entertained for a while, you got to do something. And there I was alone in the woods, So I'm going to read a book. So did I chose to read The Shining? When I'm in the mountains of down in the Smokies reading The Shining? That's that was stupid. I was there like after I turned out the lights. I'm just laying there with my eyes wide open, staring at the dark. Let's talk to Greg and Milford, right quick? Hey Greg, what's going on? Buddy? Hey guys, how you doing?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 32: My when I was dating my first wife and we were at the High University in Anton's right, and we went to see Clockwork Orange, she couldn't take it.
Speaker 6: Get leave.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, yeah that movie is And thanks Greg. Have you ever tried to watch Clockwork Orange? I have and I can't. It's not scary, it's just weird, crazy, weird crazy.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is that Kuber? That's Kuberah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no one, I just I must have missed the point of it.
Speaker 1: The same is one of those that I've seen. I think I've seen all of it, but in about ten minute snippets or something. With that, we check in with traffic and weather, what's.
Speaker 13: Going on and from the U see Health Traffic Center. With a stroke, every second counts, and so does your team home to rapid life saving treatment and clinical trials. You see Health. It's a clear choice for stroke care.
Speaker 4: Learn more.
Speaker 13: You seehealth dot com. Police reporting an accident now on two seventy five eastbound after Kellogg traffic is going from back to forty to seventy one here. It's about a five minute delay now and looks like that's building a bit. Seventy five southbound Western Avenue to the Brent Spence about an eight minute trip. And we're also looking at sowdowns on southbound seventy one now from two seventy five Torontald Reagan Cross County Highway, seventy five northbound till the Paddock, and seventy one northbound Ridge to Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway also stop and go. We've got the about a ten minute trip on seventy five southbound because of the work Ronald Reagan Highway to Norwood Lateral. My Bricks reproduce Radio seven hundred w WELW.
Speaker 1: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for tonight cloudy thirty eight, the low for tomorrow clouds and the high of fifty eight. It is fifty four now, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: All right, mister Pennay, I'm going to show you some images and you tell me what you see.
Speaker 3: That looks like Scott's Loan riding a dragon and this one nineteen sixty eight Ford Mustang GT.
Speaker 1: That's good, and Scott's Loan's driving.
Speaker 2: It again with Scott's Loan, and this one.
Speaker 23: I see a bacon and egg breakfast sandwich, a sandwich the one I eat.
Speaker 1: Right before I listen to Scott's Loan. Chow Scott's Loan, Please listen responsibly.
Speaker 23: Join me Scott's Loan, Monday morning at nine on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Mister Pennay, we have a wall road ahead of us.
Speaker 15: This report is sponsored by Duncan supply an American standard air.
Speaker 1: For real life scare arth. They were talking about Alex, Well, that is true. So well, Alex and we don't have a lot of time, but so do your kids. I assume do you go out with your kids or the wife handle that duty or they old enough that they just go out on their own.
Speaker 22: Yeah, well, this is gonna be the first year we have a twelve year old, there's about to be thirteen. He's gonna go with these buddies. And then we were telling him this morning we're going Jackson like, there are ring cameras and every door. Now, don't be doing anything that's going to get you in trouble that's going to come back to us. But our ten year old will go around with But we have a neighborhood. That's like at a central casting for a Halloween neighborhood where everybody comes in and every house decorates and we sit outside with the fire pits and while the Dodgers game on the big screen tonight out front on the driveway and just lines and lines of kids. And it's crazy that the number of kids who come in. So, yeah, it's gonna be great. How about you, guys, Well, I.
Speaker 1: Live in a condo now, so not a lot of action in that regard. Well, let's talk about that others that The real life scary thing, it's a Delta close call at Logan Airport in Boston.
Speaker 22: Yeah, this was very close, and we're learning about it today and up until this morning there had been no word of it. But you can hear in the voices of the pilots how worried and surprise they were. It was a Delta Airlines A three thirty and Airbus A three thirty coming in from Paris. They were heading to New York, but they got diverted to Boston because of bad weather in New York and they were cleared to land and then one hundred and twenty five feet from the wheels touching down, they were told to climb, and it sounds like a routine go around that happens all the time all over the world. The call from air traffic control saying climb and go around.
Speaker 29: Built the two sixty three heavy go around and were.
Speaker 22: But there was a Cape Air commuter plane that was told below them to stay low that was taking off because Delta climbing over it there confirming he's going low. The audio from Live ATC what happened was an air traffic controller had cleared the Delta flight to land, but it also cleared the Kpe Air commuter plane to take off on the intersecting runway and they were close to colliding. They were coming toward each other on the intersecting runways. This is the pilot of that Cape Air aircraft. You can hear how unpleased.
Speaker 4: He was with it.
Speaker 19: Yeah man, cool, What the heck?
Speaker 22: Yeah man, not cool. Typically you don't hear pilots on the radios talk like that. The pilots of the Delta air Lines eight three thirty they confirmed their instructions to turn and climb, and then they had a comment at the end of their transmission as well. That was close and the pilots had asked for a phone number to call the tower, and that's always a sign that something has gone wrong when one side of the other one's a phone number to get off the radios and to talk one on one to air traffic control. And we know the planes came within point three seven miles at their closest point, but they were coming at a pretty good clip at their speed of flight and coming toward each other. The delta plane went around and landed and then everything was fine. But we talked to aviation unless Steve Ganyard a couple of minutes ago. He says, definitely a controller aeror here. But there are a lot of airports where they have intersecting runways where they're always threading the needle with one landing and one taking off, and it's got to go perfectly.
Speaker 33: At many big airports around the United States San Francisco, Boston, Kennedy, La Guardia, where you have intersecting takeoffs and landings with runways at ninety degree angles, it's very challenging for the air traffic controllers to be able to have one aircraft taking off and another landing.
Speaker 22: And he says, look, yeah, controller error. But also the controller saved the day, and then they realized the problem and they prevented the two planes from coming down.
Speaker 33: This case, it looks like it was controller error, but it was also a good save by the controller when they realized the mistake had been made and made the Delta jet go around, and so they really only got about three quarters of a mile. Could have been much worse, but the controller saved the mistake.
Speaker 22: And guys the FAA and Delta they say that they're investigating. In the end, the system did work and that they did not collide, but it was close. This is not considered a near collision officially in aviation, it is called a loss of separation. But you could hear in those pilot's voices they were not thrilled with what went on, and Delta lifted off and did go around with KPE Air taking off, staying low below it as they were getting some separation there and not the way that things are supposed to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I don't want it to have it to me. No, no, I don't want to hear. I don't want to hear the pilot shouting, WHOA, that was close. I don't want to hear. What the heck I don't want to hear any of that. Just like we the Delta one O two was landed in Atlanta. Thank you very much with that, Alex, have fun tonight and best to your kids. Follow them around and make sure they're not getting into these shenanigans.
Speaker 17: You got it.
Speaker 22: My big thing is just you know, drink some beers, sit outside at the fire pit.
Speaker 1: It'll be good, right, well said, good luck to your Dodgers.
Speaker 7: You go.
Speaker 22: I'm a Rockies fan and nobody ever says that, but well, okay, for the time, I'm actually rooting for Toronto. So let's go Toronto.
Speaker 1: Okay, chairs, I'm sure you're very popular in your neighborhood. They're in La.
Speaker 13: I am not.
Speaker 22: I was at a bar the other night. I was the only one in there cheering against the Dodgers. So, you know, whatever, but go Toronto.
Speaker 1: See you, buddy, h the loneliest Blue Jays fan in La rooting against Dodges. Let's get back to the phone calls as far as the scary movies go, and Kevin, thanks for holding buddy. What do you got hey?
Speaker 17: Guys, what's up.
Speaker 12: Hey?
Speaker 32: When it was released back in the late seventies, the og scary movie Alien. I went with a bunch of guys and they wanted to sit at.
Speaker 7: The very very front row.
Speaker 32: And when that when the alien jumped out of the egg you know, on the planet, a couple of guys, which were offensive linemen for University of Pittsburgh, you know, three hundred pounds sixty six, jumped out of their seat, screened out, loud, put their jackets over their faces and just pretty much, uh, we were out of control.
Speaker 3: If they jumped at that part. What did they do when the creature came through the guy's chest.
Speaker 34: Yeah, yeah, well.
Speaker 17: They I think they were still frightened.
Speaker 5: Together.
Speaker 32: But that is that is one scary movie. It was it was the same month it was released, so there was no history about it. Nobody expected anything until that until that scene.
Speaker 1: Yeah movie. Yeah, And I read read someplace where the chest bursting scene there were a couple of those actors. They didn't didn't tell what was going to happen, And so when you see him freaking out, that's real.
Speaker 3: Really like wow, yeah, I getting splattered with blood and I mean that that makes that whole that whole scene even better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when the reaction the other one not necessarily a scary movie. But RoboCop, you know, when they rest the really super nasty, mean guy and he's in the police station and they they're like saying something to him and he's standing at the checking desk. He spits he spits blood on the desk, and none of those guys knew he was going to do that, and they went like, what the what. That's a classic movie, by the way, it really is original O g. RoboCop The past a Frank and Boone County. What's going on, buddy?
Speaker 7: How you fellas?
Speaker 1: Really good?
Speaker 6: Got one?
Speaker 35: Have you guys seen Under the Skin?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I know of it, but I've never heard at all.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 35: Oh no, it's about mid two mid two thousand and fifteen, I think somewhere in there. Okay, but it's a Scarlett Johansson movie.
Speaker 1: Okay, I did see that. Then, I'm sorry.
Speaker 35: Yeah, go ahead, So so so you know that it's a.
Speaker 1: Terrible movie pretty much, Okay, but.
Speaker 35: I watched it start to finish. She's an alien who seduces men in order to get their skin. She needed to survive. But I watched it from start to finish because she was naked the entire time.
Speaker 1: Yeah really, yeah, yeah, there you go.
Speaker 31: So I watch.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, it's got something for everyone. It's right, Thanks Frank. That goes on the boyman must must view under the skin. So she's she's an alien. Yeah do you know she's an alien? Oh yeah, okay, she but she takes human form, and that's when she's really naked and she's trying to figure everything out.
Speaker 3: And when she takes human formers she's naked. She's not she's gonna look like like you or anything. This she still looks like.
Speaker 1: She looks like That's what I'm saying. When she takes human form, she's scarlet Johansson. Okay, but with my face.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's everybody's fantasy right there.
Speaker 1: Let's take Jason in coming today. Jason, what's going on?
Speaker 9: Well, thirty six pick I have a red old drive in it's not thirty man, Threty Moore, The Evil Dead, My aunt Kathy were there, my cousin gregs.
Speaker 5: Let's go see this.
Speaker 9: I was underage. They stun in there and the Evil Dead at a drive in theater.
Speaker 1: There you go, man, the Evil Dose and uh and thanks Jason, those those evil right Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's there. It's funny. Those movies are funny, but they're just crazy crazy door fast too.
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? How about Tim and Batavia? Right quick? Hey Tim, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Buddy?
Speaker 17: Hey, I'm doing fine.
Speaker 13: Thank you.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 36: I don't know if you heard it, but the extrass man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we recall her earlier, but no, that's uh, that always takes the top.
Speaker 1: Billing destroyed my life.
Speaker 7: I've seen it when I was seven.
Speaker 1: Wow, hope you rebounded a little bit.
Speaker 9: My mom let me watch it and I about had a heart attack.
Speaker 1: I had dreams.
Speaker 4: And today when it's on cable, I.
Speaker 1: Don't go near it.
Speaker 17: I just get off of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, and that's good idea. And another scary one just reminded me of of an old buddy of mine. He should go nameless. Joe Dieters. He and I bonded. We actually bonded when we were are wives work together, and that's how I met Joe all these years ago. And we were just talking, you know, as guys do. You're just you know, shooting the crap and drinking a beer. And it was an outdoor party and he goes, yes, have you seen it?
Speaker 9: Good movies?
Speaker 1: Late, I've been watching for something to see and I have you seen a movie Blue Velvet? He goes, oh my god, I just watched that too, And so we sat there and talked about Blue Velvet. That's that movie. It's crazy, weird dude, Blue Velvet. Huh yeah, oh yeah, you got to see it. It's let's just let's just say, uh, it's not it's not so it's not scary like well the movies we've been talking about. It's just so freaky. It's kind of like seven. Okay, it's that kind of scary. You're sitting there going, what the what?
Speaker 13: What the hell?
Speaker 3: Yeah, real quick, I saw a a movie, scary movie recently.
Speaker 1: I thought it was pretty good. Smile smile Yeah. I think I've always heard of those movies.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen it, and I think a smile too, is either ours coming out? It was, it was good, it was it was definitely freaky.
Speaker 1: Well, we're going to take more of your calls, but right now we need to get to traffic and weather. What is going on?
Speaker 13: That's true. Second counts a SOD is your team home to rapid life saving treatment with clinical trials. You see health as the clear choice for stroke Caro lern More. You see health dot Com two seventy five east spot off to Calbug crash on the left shoulders, got police on the scene, about a five minute delay, so downs to Alexandria Pike. Left lane block on seventy one southbound at Donald Break and Cross County Highway. Ten minute delay here with the traffic backed up to two seventy five seventy five northbound Norwood. Later we picked up a crash and an accident on the shoulder of seventy one south, make that northbound at ken Wood and we've got seventy one north on sewing from Ridge to Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway with about a fifteen minute trip. Now seventy five north baumb Mitchell to Paddock and southbound seventy five between Western Avenue and Brent Spencers stop and go and southbound seventy five Ronald Reagan Highway to Norwood lateral by a ten minute drive. Now my bricks shrapped. News Radio seven hundred W WELLW.
Speaker 1: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for tonight cloudy thirty eighth, the low for tomorrow clouds and the high of fifty eight. It is fifty four. Now News Radio seven hundred W L.
Speaker 20: W bud did my bud trigger treating And when I got back it Daddy for Twistinker's mom, the kid cats, Grandpa took the quick, Grandma toc cups.
Speaker 1: No have this candy corn and candy corn just sucks.
Speaker 18: Hand take your hands off, Lord Kenny.
Speaker 26: We're the ones who went Dora door to get this stuff and the last thing we want is there to be left with lestik.
Speaker 14: INSI holiday reminder from seven hundred candy corneous sucks.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored by our American Stories.
Speaker 2: This is Lee Habib, host of our American Stories.
Speaker 1: All right back with Eddy and Rocky here on the Friday.
Speaker 3: Halloween Halloween, and we've been having a good time getting calls on folks favorite scary movies of all time. I got a couple on via the Twitter. You can follow me on Twitter at Rocky Boy fifty. I Lost in the Rise said the Autopsy of Jane Doe. Haven't heard of that one? Fire in the Sky. I have seen that. That's a good one.
Speaker 1: And Scott Butler says Rosemary's Baby. Rosemary's Baby's creepier in hell?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 1: You ever seen that? No, it's cool movie, right, Yeah, it's just downright creep you out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he says, the most evil and scary movie I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's one of That's a movie that I watched with my wife and she was like, don't you ever let me watch that movie again. You're picking the movie because I think our kids, well Rosemary's Baby should give you a hint. But it was right at one of our kids were both of our kids were little at that time, and she's like, don't ever show me something like that again. I just said a little baby. Uh, let's get to your calls. Hey, Jim and Amelia, thanks for holding buddy. What do you have?
Speaker 7: Hey, guys, great sir, thank you? This new, this cult classic, this local is that Vance movie that Eddie got his face ripped off by a bunch of pretty looking girls vamps?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Uh, And well, to be honest with you, it was Vance too, Dams too.
Speaker 3: I am sorry I forgot about Vance one Blood Sisters.
Speaker 7: So such a such a mentioned that Eddie can do a sequel and do three.
Speaker 1: I well, I I have to come back as my my son or something. That movie it was a long time ago. But thanks Jim. But yeah, I think because you got killed in it. To correct, Jim, just there, that's a slight correction. I did get my face ripped off and got my head shoot off right by vampire hookers, vampire vampire strippers.
Speaker 3: Please please, it was at a little classier thank yeah, much more classier film.
Speaker 1: Let's talk to TJ. TJ. We're talking scary movies.
Speaker 7: You guys, ever seen the Crazies?
Speaker 1: I have not. What's that one?
Speaker 3: Well, there's there's one made back in the day, but they remade one.
Speaker 19: With the guy from Justified.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 19: It's about a plane crash and a like a river or something with a bio weapon in it, and it basically just turns everybody into crazy people who want to kill each other. There's a scene in the movie where the dad is a farmer. He's out in the yard and and he's infected, and the little boy runs from him, runs into the house. Him and the mom locks themselves and get into a closet try to hide from the dad while they're calling the police, and the dad locks the door and sets the house on fire and then cuts the grass, just whistling.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's that's kind of freaky. Yeah, I'll do it, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Thanks J. I'll have to check that one out. You know a movie that they just popped into my brain a little while ago. Movie that doesn't scare me, but it is freaky as hell. The thing, Oh yeah, the one where they're all in the end and an Arctic with Jeff Russell, Kurt Russell Russell, Yeah, but yeah, not Russell Crowe. That movie is freaky.
Speaker 3: I read some the other day, like because that movie takes place in the Arctic, right, like, and I guess there's some sort of outposts there that were like, you know, the folks got to stay there first amount of time, and it's like a initiation ritual. Like on the first night you got to watch that film up there, I'd be like, I'm good, I'm good. Hey, Jim and Mason, what's going on, buddy?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 34: Uh, my choice is the Dead Zone Stephen King.
Speaker 1: Yes, there's someone.
Speaker 34: With Martin Sheen and Christopher walking and uh there's a great scene in there where the deputy is about to be caught and he's in his room and he puts a pair of sewing scissors between his knees he commits suicide and uh, then there's a great twist at the end of the movie too. At the very end. Uh, it's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and thanks Jim. Yeah, have you seen it The Dead Zone?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, oh dude, that's that's really good. Okay, yeah, he was saying the twist at the end. I'm no spoilers. Yeah, but anyways, wanted to tell you you wanted to. The movie's been around for forty years. Come on, now, a bill in Fairfield? What's going on?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I got one here.
Speaker 36: I don't know if somebody said something about it's a Trilogy of Terror. I don't know if you saw that one.
Speaker 1: I remember I never saw it. What's it? What's the deal on?
Speaker 36: It's the one with the the one with a voodoo doll and she gets it for like a gift and then it comes alive and chasing her around the house and uh, it basically on a ruin. But what happens to her at the end, just when you see her says it says enough for itself.
Speaker 17: It's scary.
Speaker 36: It's like you're watching it when you're ten years old, late at night.
Speaker 13: It's that you got to check it out.
Speaker 36: It's called Trilogy of Terror. Just what it's the one? Yeah, it's got the different parts in a different movie like three different movies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like the Twilight, like the Twilight or something.
Speaker 16: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 36: But yeah, watch the one with the voodoo doll.
Speaker 13: That's the that's the one, that's the famous one.
Speaker 17: It's really good.
Speaker 16: So that's that's one to check out.
Speaker 6: But that's all I got.
Speaker 2: All right, cool Bill? Thanks man?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: What was a what was another one? I was just thinking of I'll get to it.
Speaker 3: By the way, Rob Sanders, the Great Rob Sanders checks in and says Maximum Overdrive.
Speaker 1: So Stephen King, I mean, yeah it is Stephen Yeah, yeah, Stephen King. But I am I remember it, but I never saw I never saw that one.
Speaker 3: Looking up, it looks like he's involved like an eighteen wheeler and like a monster kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was. I'll tell you a movie speaking of Semis the Hitcher.
Speaker 3: I saw that when I was little, and that was why he is messed up. He ties the one chick to the one end of the eighteen wheeler and then the other one.
Speaker 1: Yeah that yeah, yep, that is that. Rutger Howard as Rutger.
Speaker 3: What do I remember that? I can't remember where you got for breakfast yesterday?
Speaker 1: As a man? Huh, let's talk to John John. What's going on, buddy.
Speaker 30: Well, people were mentioning the Exorcist. Have you ever heard of Father Vincent Lampert on YouTube? No, he's an actual you got to see it. He's an actual exorcist, although he's died. He died a few years ago, and he talks about every bishop and every diocese can perform exorcists. But he himself was taught at the Vatican and he's he's been in them, he's seen them. He says, most of them they're just disturbed people, but there are cases where they're actually possessed and he gets rid of the devil.
Speaker 1: I always heard there's a pre stout John like around St. Leon or something, you know, in Indiana.
Speaker 3: Maybe beyond that, I've heard that we gotta get we gotta find that guy on the show.
Speaker 1: He'd be popular this time of year. Yeah, let's talk to Dave and lawrenceburg. Hey, Dave, what's up?
Speaker 14: Hey?
Speaker 16: When you guys mentioned the Thing, that's one of the few movies that they did a remake of it, it was you know, it wasn't bad. But with all these movies, I still have to go back to the original Halloween. That thing can streak anybody out, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know there's And thanks David talking talk about jump scare movies that if you've never by this time most people have seen it, but man, some of the.
Speaker 3: Just and for whatever reason, the score in that movie, the music, they just nailed that because it's like like pin prickly like I don't know how to describe it, but it just it just goes hand in hand with it.
Speaker 1: Let's talk to Rocky in Batavia. Yeah, what's going on?
Speaker 13: Rock?
Speaker 6: Hey? I was in the Poor Ducks Kentucky and I'm supposed to be this badass army guy, right special forcement thing, and we was watching a movie called Black Kila if you remember that. So when you're sitting there watching the movie, if you want to, you can get up and walk to the back and smoke a cigarette. Think you got a four foot rail and you sit there and you like your cigarette, you smoke it and watch the movie.
Speaker 13: What about the.
Speaker 6: Time black Yoular walks around in this corner on this girl of blood dripping on him, and this guy hits me on the shoulder and I screamed like a five your old.
Speaker 7: And he said, dude, I just wanted.
Speaker 1: To light rock That's great man, perfect time.
Speaker 6: Down and I walked out of the theater. That was it.
Speaker 1: We're not doing any more movie. That's we're done tonight. That's thanks rock you great oh man, perfect say, imperfect timing. Looking for scary movies to watch the night. Now we've got Jeff and Dayton. Ay Jeff, what's up buddy?
Speaker 21: Hey guys, Hey, great topic Eddie. You remember Dayton mall?
Speaker 17: Right?
Speaker 13: Sure, okay?
Speaker 19: So I did a.
Speaker 21: Late night show and I was sixteen or seventeen years old, went to the Mall theater and we saw Night of the Living Dead and that's where they got stuck in the mall. So it was a late night showing. When the movie was over with, we had to walk through the dark mall to get home into a dark parking lot. On top of that, my neighbors owned a dry cleaner and on Sundays I would go to the ginghis form.
Speaker 31: Aware the tuxedo shop.
Speaker 21: Sure remember, I'd tick up all the dirty tuxedos for them, and I would do all the back hallways. I had never been so scared in my life on a Sunday evening, like at six or seven o'clock walking through those back hallways and you know, I'm on a date, so I'm supposed to be tough guy walking through the dark mall, you know, after the movie was over with.
Speaker 31: But that one really shook me up.
Speaker 17: You remember that movie?
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely, But that's one of those that everybody hold your hold your girl's hands, like, let's just hurry up and get to the car. I need to make out right now. Thanks, Jeff. How about let's get to Ivan. Hey Ivan, what's going on?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 9: Not much?
Speaker 5: Real quick saw an older I'll give you two.
Speaker 8: Everything's been mentioned already.
Speaker 4: But the one you may not know about.
Speaker 5: It's called The Demon Seed is May nineteen seventy seven, and basically it's this artificial intelligence that the government creates in this house. And it's a very famous voice since the voice of the AI Robotic House. And it basically it traps a girl and not to sound crazy here, but it basically impregnates her and then makes a creature at the end, and every time someone tries to rescue her, it goes into this mode that chomps their heads off. It's actually not a bad movie. It's surprisingly good. The other one, I'll say modern is Signs. I thought Signs is a great spook movie as far as aliens and lurking and things like that.
Speaker 3: Now, Signs is just a great movie period. That's a really good one.
Speaker 1: Is that the one where the the water ends up being right right right? Yeah, I've got a Phoenix and Mel Gibson, very good movie. Well, King Phoenix is scary on his own.
Speaker 3: Bro, He's been in he's been, He's been all kinds of different movies.
Speaker 1: Well, a ton of great movies too. Yeah. See, I'm one of the few people in the world that like Joker.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, I was gonna see that, and well, no I saw a Joker. I didn't see Joker too.
Speaker 1: I had no desire to see that because, yeah, just seeing there's a musical I heard, Yeah, that's what I'm saying, just seeing the you know the trailer for musicals.
Speaker 3: Had I showed up to that movie and found out it was a musical, I would have.
Speaker 1: Well, I would have left. But well, let's say Scarlett Johansson and Sydney Sweeney it's called Naked Cabaret. I'm actually planned on running that tonight. I don't think they're in it with that. Let's check in with traffic and weather. What's going on from the u see.
Speaker 13: Health Traffic Center with a stroke every second counts. Soon is your team home to rapid life saving treatment and clinical trials. You see Health is the clear choice for stroke care.
Speaker 6: Learn more.
Speaker 13: You see health dot com. Seventy one is selling a ken with This is northbound seventy one with the accident on their shoulder. Two seventy five westbound at Wynton. It's the right lane block delaying's the Springfield Pike. About eight minute delay here. Police activity reported seventy five north poind kyles Land and Kentucky. It's causing delays back to Dixie Highway. Now good news. On two seventy five, he spawned Kellogg, just getting more of that accident, his cleared traffic recovery from Alexandria Pike and we have seventy five southbound ron Reagan, Higwrid and Norwood ladder Worth about a ten minute trip though. He's back from Sheppard my brick Shrapnews Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: The forecast from at seven hundred WLW Weather Center for tonight cloudy thirty eight, the low for tomorrow clouds and the high of fifty eight. It is fifty four.
Speaker 27: Now.
Speaker 1: News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 18: It's claws versus pause When the Bengals and Bears battle in the jungle. One thing I know for sure, somebody's getting mauled. Will the Orange and Black pounce on the wind or will the team from the Windy City blow away? Our beloved Bengals coverage begins Sunday at nine am, stream for free on the new and improved iHeartRadio app or on seven hundred WLW, home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 14: Freedom isn't free, and on Tuesday, November eleventh, remembered the cost