Speaker 1: I need a shout out to mister Songer, who is an amazing music teacher at Chasca Middle School West and he was Carson's music teacher. He's got a birthday today. If you know mister Songer, you know what a great educator he is and how passionate he is and how much he loves doing it. And he was one of the people very responsible for getting Carson into music. And now Carson is a tour manager and he is now managing a tour for an artist named Carter Faith. Cool.
Speaker 2: Did I get that right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Carter Faith and she's a country star and she's actually going to open for Help Me Out, Jelly Roll and Post Malone. I don't know if Carson's going to be on that tour or not, but she's doing like a little mini tour right now and Carson is her tour manager. I'm just so proud of him. So shout out mister Songer for all you do and continue to do. Vont also leaves a legacy, an evil legacy.
Speaker 2: Firs stir in the BoNT what's up?
Speaker 3: I think it's just interesting. I guess the word that you can be certified to officiate a wedding but you could just be any old Joe Schmoe and you can just go online and what is it.
Speaker 4: You take a course and you can just you're certified.
Speaker 2: No, it's not even a course.
Speaker 5: What is it.
Speaker 1: It's because there's one called Universal Life Church and so many people I've done it. And you go online and you submit your seventy five dollars and you get legal this at church because you have to belong to some sort of a church I think, or you don't have to, but it is a non denominational church. And you go you sign it and you send him your email and whatever, and then you give your you are licensed. Yeah, that's a lot of people don't want to do a religious ceremony.
Speaker 3: No, but just the I don't know the thought of like my math teacher from fifth grade, if I was just like, oh, miss Carrol, I want you to marry me, and she could just be ordained to do that.
Speaker 4: I don't know. It's just so I feel like there should be a little bit more.
Speaker 2: I thought there was a course.
Speaker 1: The actual I mean ordain is like basically you have the authority to sign the marriage certificate, but they don't have any authority without your signature. It's kind of like signing up for a car loan. You don't have any authority to pay that. You don't have obligation to pay it unless you sign the car loan yourself. So basically the clergy person or the ordained person is kind of a technicality.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that just feels like, do you gotta have a little bit more you know, it's like getting your driver's license. I feel like you got to go through the process of taking a test and proven that you can do X y Z. I mean, I guess marriage is you're marrying two other people, but that's the lifelong commitment.
Speaker 4: There should be a couple more steps you gotta walk through.
Speaker 5: So are you saying, like, in general, like it should be a little bit more special.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because that means anybody could do it.
Speaker 3: That means tomorrow I could go get the like sign up and I could just marry Bailey tomorrow. I don't think I have any right to just be saying, well, now you too are in the hands of God Mary for the rest of your life.
Speaker 1: You're forgetting the part that it's not you that's got any obligation. It's the two couples that sign the marriage license. You're kind of a witness. You're like an authorized government witness, but they're the ones who are doing the actual action. You're just there to sign it.
Speaker 4: When you put it like that.
Speaker 3: I mean still I feel like I should have.
Speaker 4: That big of authority at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I shouldn't be able to help you out, But it's been the lifelong life with your partner, especially when it's someone like Dave.
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 4: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: What kind of crack is that? Why would you say something like that? What kind of garbage?
Speaker 2: You've married? Fun?
Speaker 6: Okay, Dave gets asked all the time, but you've kind of retired from it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't really do anymore.
Speaker 4: What if you got married, would you marry meet?
Speaker 1: I would marry you. Yeah, I would marry you. I've married friends of mine. I used to marry people all the time, and when I first got ordained, and I hate that word just sounds so religious and official. You basically you go on universallifechurch dot com. You send them seventy five bucks on your credit card and they basically, you know, they notify Carver County or Scott County or hen Upon County that you are registered to you know, to be authorized whatever. And I used to think, oh man, it's gonna be so fun. I'm gonna be every weekend. I'm gonna go out, I'm gonna go marry people who listen to the show, and it's going to be so fun. And then I realized to do a decent wedding, you got to meet with the couple first. You got to know them a little bit. You got to find out some funny stories, because you know, you got to get up and tell some funny stories. Then you to find out, well, what kind of ceremony do you want? You want a long one, a short one? Do you want to write your own vows? And it was like, God, it's a lot of work, So no, I don't do them anymore.
Speaker 4: It's a text. Oh sorry, go ahead. There's a texasays in Colorado.
Speaker 3: You don't need an ordained past. You can even marry yourself. How does that work? Because I know that, I mean even if you go to a court, yeah, there stud needs to be a witness there. So how do you marry yourself? Somebody sign the paper, baby, somebody else texts it. It's not that important of a job. You're telling two people that they just combined in misery for the rest of their life.
Speaker 4: God, that sounds sad, but I mean it's kind of true.
Speaker 2: That's a truth.
Speaker 3: It's not a I'm not gonna say it's not important because again it's marriage, but I just feel like there has to be some more.
Speaker 4: Legitimacy to it. I don't know, that's just.
Speaker 2: Me, all right, thank you all.
Speaker 1: The first during the pot on K d WUB huge performance in the Grammy Awards the other night, my wife thought he was Benson Boone. I said, no, this guy's much more like a gumby ish looking Yeah, somber katwb and right up on KTWB. These are basically everyday etiquette tips that everybody should know by now, but a lot of people don't. And I want to just ask you, how many times do you see these etiquette acts violated. I'll give you one for example, For example, don't play loud music on public transportation. Now most people they know, and I don't ride the bus. I get on the airplane once in a while and somebody sometimes is playing something. Or you go into a restaurant and somebody might be watching a YouTube video. One booth over from you, but I got ten etiqutte tips that a lot of people don't know and you should, and we'll cover them next on kd.
Speaker 2: W one on one point three KDWD U.
Speaker 1: Two four ten everyday etiquette tips that we all should know by now, but some people just don't.
Speaker 2: I know you do it.
Speaker 1: Give you the total benefit of the doubt because you're a wonderful person. Number one, hold the door if somebody is right behind you. I think it's really a weird experience when somebody does and hold the door, right everybody holds the door.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and especially like if they don't hold the door and then it like suddenly slams and you're right there, You're like, what.
Speaker 2: Enough?
Speaker 1: Though, I think you get away with it without of being weird totally. You know what, nobody needs you. Not many people need you to hold the door, but you know, people do it because they're nice. Number two, let people get off into an elevator before you enter. Same goes for buses and trains in the subway and things like that. Let everybody off the elevator before you go in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, buses and trains are a little bit weird, though. I've definitely missed the traning or two because I let everybody get off, but then the door shut.
Speaker 2: They'll whoops.
Speaker 1: Don't play loud music on public transportation or in Buffalo wild wings, or letting your kids scroll on a tablet. I mean, if you get your kid they're playing, you know, Blooey on a tablet while you're having your honey barbecue wings at b Dubs, it's just rude.
Speaker 6: Yes, Or during commercial breaks on the Day Ryan Show when others are trying to work and someone else is playing in their reels.
Speaker 2: Well, that's not a that's your problem another one.
Speaker 1: Cover your mouth or caught when you cough or sneeze.
Speaker 4: What do you mean you just go into the sky.
Speaker 1: I certainly do not go a chewy into the sky.
Speaker 5: Do not.
Speaker 1: If the service was good, leave a decent tip. Nobody is doing serving because they love it. I mean, they might like it, but they need to make some money. Give them a tip. If you can't afford to tip, you can't afford to eat out.
Speaker 6: Okay, day, that's true.
Speaker 1: If somebody shows you a picture on their phone, don't start swiping because you're gonna run into a giant New Days It's like, Okay, there's Joslin with one leg over here and one leg over here, Jocelyn, I was looking at your picture of your new dog panorama.
Speaker 4: Will technically do that or not technically?
Speaker 3: But my grandma she always like, Okay, here's the picture you're showing me.
Speaker 4: Swipe, swipe. What else you got?
Speaker 1: Giant nude? There's Jocelyn? Why do you have naked pictures of Joscelyn on your phone? Return borrowed stuff in the same condition or better. Don't abandon your shopping cart in the middle of an aisle and put your shopping cart back fine, right, vont don't comment on someone's food choices unless they ask. In his and hers, the sister says, you know the girl the bigger girls eating Pringles.
Speaker 4: Is the TV show?
Speaker 2: Yeah, isn't hers?
Speaker 4: Got it?
Speaker 1: The bigger girl the yeah, the bigger girls eating Pringles? And her sister's like, you know, you could make some better food choices.
Speaker 3: Is the one with like the nice like the slimmer body, and she's like the pretty face m m.
Speaker 2: And if you're having a conversation, put your phone away.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no, I gotta check my text messages.
Speaker 4: Hey, come on, now, I do it.
Speaker 5: It's funny because like nowadays, you could be at dinner, but everybody's phone just sits on the table. True, yeah, and then like face right, face down. But I think it's funny. Like, yes, if I was having dinner with somebody and they started looking at their phone, I would be like, how rude. But if we both are like, oh, now's the time where we're both going to look at our phone? Oh totally, and it's like, oh yeah, this is just your check your phone moment.
Speaker 1: It kind of is if it's like a little lull in the conversation. You pick up the phone and then they pick up their phone. Do you ever get into the conversation with your partner. We all have partners on the show currently where you're watching TV and then an ad comes on, like a Hulu ad comes on. It's two minutes, So you pick up your phone during the two minute Hulu ad, Yeah, and you start checking your phone and then the show starts again, but your partner is still on their phone and you're like, get off, are you going to.
Speaker 2: Put your phone down?
Speaker 1: I'm just checking text messages, Like I need you to watch this. This is a shared experience with me.
Speaker 4: Sounds like something that you have personal experience with.
Speaker 2: Oh, all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I'm guilty of it too, because Susan will be like, the ad is over, the show is back. Oh can I tell you what show I'm watching now? This is kind of a hit little gem, Chicken Fried Lies. It's a true crime mystery and it's about this awful, evil, narcissistic woman in like Alabama or North Carolina or somewhere. She got a thick accent and somebody dies and you know she had something to do with it, and everybody in town is afraid of her because she is just so manipulative and vindictive.
Speaker 4: Is this like a it's fictional?
Speaker 1: No, No, it's real, it's realizing. It's one true crime mystery is called Chicken Fried Lies. And we just sucked it down the last couple of nights.
Speaker 2: So good.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: And it's got kind of a twist ending because you don't really see it coming.
Speaker 4: You love a twist.
Speaker 2: I do love a twist, all right.
Speaker 6: Some text coming in about what we were just talking about. This person says, every time I go to a family event, my sister looks at me when I walk in and says, oh, is that what you're wearing?
Speaker 2: Jeesus?
Speaker 6: Oh god, Yeah, And then we also said that it's nice to hold the door up, and this person goes, if my wife ever caught me holding the door.
Speaker 2: I'm cooked.
Speaker 6: Serious hold the door for yeah, Like I think maybe a jealousy sort of.
Speaker 1: That is the most ridiculous, ridiculous, overly jealous territorial the door.
Speaker 4: Maybe they forgot not I don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, dirt, you can't make this stuff up. Brought to you by the LEO Agency. Speaking of the dirt, we do have a lot of dirt. We have an update on Savannah Guthrie. They actually have a suspect now on the disappearance of Savannah Guthrie's mom. Covered on the dirt coming up next on kat WB. You know me, I always admit when I'm okay, sorry, whenever i'm again, you got this. I said something a minute ago and I was I was mistake. It's not called chicken fried lies. It's called othern fried lies. So dumb, dumb mistake. I was watching this show it's on it's on Hulu. It's a great true crime show, and it's like the woman in it is just so unlikable, and we all know somebody who is so manipulative and people are afraid of them. They're afraid and I've seen this person around their friends and every one of them is afraid of them. It's called Southern fried lies, not chicken fried lies.
Speaker 4: Although I could go for some Southern fried chicken sounds good, all right.
Speaker 6: I grew up in the era of shows like Total Divas on e and Nikki Bello was one of the stars of it. She was one of the Bella twins, and right now she We've got some audio for her hinting at a romance with an Eagles player.
Speaker 2: What number is that?
Speaker 4: Number two?
Speaker 2: Number two?
Speaker 7: Is that for the Eagles not getting the Super Bowl or for us? I actually think they were saying, who oh, They're saying, oh, can you blame a girl for having good day? Something?
Speaker 4: Pro Bowl baby.
Speaker 6: So it's rumored that she is dating Cooper de Jon I think is his last name from the Eagle, So that's her little nod at potentially dating him.
Speaker 5: Brittany Bateman, who stars on the Real Housewives of Salt Lake City, crashed her niece's American Idol audition. She said it was to showing to show her some support, but it was I watched the audio or the video, it was so awkward because she walks in with this young girl and says to the judges.
Speaker 4: Do you know me? I'm Brittany Brittany Bateman.
Speaker 2: Did the judges know who? She was? Absolutely not good?
Speaker 5: It was so awkward. So they're all looking at her. It's Lionel Richie, Luke Bryan and Carrie Underwood just kind of like, uh huh sure, and she's just like it's like crickets almost.
Speaker 4: Deserve yeah, And then her niece sings a song.
Speaker 5: She ends up like going moving on to like Hollywood Week or whatever. But then Brittany Bateman also sings a song. She's not here to audition for American Idol, She's just here so everyone can see, like, Hi, do you know me?
Speaker 4: I'm Brittany Brittany Bateman.
Speaker 5: Let me sing a song with my niece and steal her thunder So awkward.
Speaker 1: Sidebar, Lionel Ritchie is touring with Earth Wind and Fire. Really yeah, yeah, that's I don't know if they're coming here or not. But Lionel Richie Man, he's like, you know, one hundred and seven years old and he still looks like he's fifty two.
Speaker 4: Truly does and uh truly in love will you what June twenty fourth, will be at the g spot.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, we should go Dave eh, who is this weed?
Speaker 2: What comes next?
Speaker 4: And what else?
Speaker 2: Bailey?
Speaker 4: What else did you guys do? We're gonna hold hand?
Speaker 2: No, I always knows.
Speaker 3: That in and you kill it. Hopefully everything's okay with Channing Tatum. He just posted a picture not even an hour ago. He's in the hospital. He had to undergo a show a separated soldier, separated shoulder surgery.
Speaker 4: And he's recuperating.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: I guess he just said, just another day, another challenge. This was gonna be hard, but whatever, let's get it. That was in the hospital. Shout out to our friend Bella. Nita is a big supporter of the show, and Bella is. She's struggled with her health for some time and she's doing better.
Speaker 1: They may be listening right now. I'm not sure, but Bella is. She's like, Bay, well, you teach me how to play my ukulele. So I went over to our hospital a year or so ago and helped her learn how to play ukulele. I'm not a very good teacher, but I think she got the a minor chord down just fine. One just that one serious note. Savannah Guthrie, you've heard the whole story about her mother. Now the latest is there is apparently a ransom note somebody sent to TMZ asking for millions in bitcoin quote or else unquote. But now apparently there is a suspect. And I'm looking for the source on this one because a listener texted in and said, the suspect is Savannah's daughters no son in law, so it would be the grandmother's daughter's husband. Yes, is that what you understand too, Yes, So the grandmother has a daughter who's let's say fifty to sixty years old. It is her husband that allegedly, and they must have something to produce this evidence, and that kind of makes more sense.
Speaker 6: Yes, it doesn't like a random person.
Speaker 1: Than a random person abducting or kidnapping an eighty four year old woman. Yeah, so here's some sick ass, probably broke, drug addicted family member. That's like, you know, I can use this to get some extort some money from the family.
Speaker 2: Horrible. And that's the latest we know on that.
Speaker 6: The Netflix ice dancing drama Finding Her Edge, it's based on the young adult novel, has been renewed for a second season. I know that that just dropped like a week or two ago. In the series, if you don't know anything about it, it features a love triangle involving an ice dancer. She traded partners in the middle of training for the World Championships, and if you care in real life, the ice dan scene starts Monday for the Winter Olympics. I haven't watched that show yet, but it pops up as one of my top recommendations on Netflix, so I want it.
Speaker 4: Sounds like something you would probably like I would.
Speaker 5: And tonight something that I would probably like on ABC the Muppet shot.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 1: We are so excited to be back where it all started and then ended and then is maybe starting again, depending.
Speaker 2: On how tonight goes.
Speaker 4: It's at it starts right now. It's time to get things started.
Speaker 1: You don't believe they're doing the old show again, Well, if it ain't broke, No.
Speaker 4: They are broke.
Speaker 5: That's why they're doing it.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 5: The host of the show tonight is Sabrina Carpenter, and there will be special guests Seth Rogen and Maya Rudolph.
Speaker 4: I can't wait. I love them up.
Speaker 2: What an unusual lineup?
Speaker 4: I know, well, Seth Brokeen is an executive producer.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm not sure about Maya Rudolph, but she's funny.
Speaker 4: And then Sabrina Carpenter is like, I'm I'm sure.
Speaker 5: Getting Sabrina Carpenter a huge win because then people, because they want to see Sabrina Carpenter, they'll realize that the Muppets are a national treasure and hilarious, so then they'll keep watching.
Speaker 2: I don't disagree.
Speaker 3: Last hour in the Dirt, I said that Stefan Diggs got two women pregnant in twenty twenty five, but like Dave.
Speaker 2: I was, don't steal my big can't steal.
Speaker 3: No, he got five women pregnant in the year twenty twenty five. One of them was Cardi. Women pregnant, Stefon Diggs welcomed Charlie Harbor with dogeriously, a son, a daughter, and so four women still just as bad. But somebody asked him if he's gonna marry Cardi b is hardy getting her.
Speaker 4: Ring us on? It's on a gendernaby, right right. I gotta get mine first, though, what a dog pregnant in one year? Maybe it's crazy?
Speaker 6: Wow, that's I mean Dave's got some baby mama's, but at least they.
Speaker 4: Were by one year.
Speaker 5: Dave.
Speaker 4: He did all that catch up ketch up, but he did it quick.
Speaker 1: Okay, fine, the show Breaking Bad, Walter White's house is for sale again.
Speaker 2: Here's the quick story.
Speaker 1: It's a legendary home like the Brady Bunch Home or the Central Perk or the Seinfeld's Apartment or whatever. And they actually filmed the exterior shots of Breaking Bad at this average nice home in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and the woman who lived there said, yeah, you can film here, and I think they agreed to pay her like five hundred dollars to film there or something like that. She didn't know the show would become iconic and people would come by to take pictures. We went by three or four years ago and we took pictures and she was in the front yard videoing me and Carson. I'm not sure what she was afraid of us doing, and we were respectful, but also it's got to be annoying to be all night and day people parking across the tree to take pictures. And I'm gonna guess nearly everybody's respectful and quiet because it's a neighborhood and somebody lives there, but I'm sure there's you know, once a day there's some idiot who jumps the fence and knocks on the door to see if Walter White is there. She's trying to sell it four million dollars on the market. Nobody is paying four million dollars, so allegedly this seems a little bit hard to believe, but they've dropped the price to four hundred thousand dollars. That is a ridiculous discount. Somebody will buy it, but you can't turn it into a gift shop. You know what they did with the house in Christmas Story. There was a film that a real house. I didn't know that, and the house exists in a suburb of Cleveland, Ohio. They turned it into a museum and you can walk in. It was so cool. We saw it a few years ago and there's a gift shop across the street and it was really cool. But I think it closed down. I'm not sure, and I think they were losing money and they closed it down. So there's the latest on Walter White's house.
Speaker 6: Super Bowl Sunday's coming up this Sunday. We obviously already know that Bad Bunny is headlining the halftime show. But these are some rumored surprise guests. We might see Daddy Yankee, Raar, Alejandro and Cardi b Are up in the air. And then also in New Jersey's Bond Jovie is going to introduce the New England Patriots. Chris Pratt does the honors for the Seattle Seahawks, which they are favored to win. If you didn't, if you care, if you want to play some bets, and then Green Day performs in a pregame ceremony introducing the previous Super Bowl MVPs, and Charlie Pooth promised to create a special arrangement of the national anthemb And then there's a few other performers as well, just a whole whole line of Bond's boy Teddy swims before the games, he is going to be performing at a tailgate concert.
Speaker 4: Outside of the stadium.
Speaker 6: And may I recommend if you're going to a Super Bowl party, swinging by holiday station stores and getting their cookies because those are made fresh every day throughout the day. They are so delicious, warm, tasty, gooey cookies.
Speaker 5: Wow, they've got like little keebler elves over there at the Today Station store in the back. Lindsey Vaughn is an alpine skier who's going to be competing in the Olympics despite her torn ACL.
Speaker 4: I completely ruptured my ACL.
Speaker 5: I also have bone bruising plusness damage, which we're not sure if that was.
Speaker 4: Pre existing or from the crash. I know what my chances.
Speaker 5: Were before the crash, and I know my chances aren't the same as it stands today. But I know there's still a chance, and as long as there's a chance, I will try.
Speaker 6: She's forty one, by the way, Yeah that sounds right, sixty four earlier, which was a joke.
Speaker 2: Same thing.
Speaker 1: I mean, you got one forty one or sixty four, you got one foot in the gray, could go anytime you got a forty one year old in your life, call them and do it. To check up on them right now, see if they're still kicking. She's from Saint Paul, Minnesota. She learned to ski at Buck Hill. Yep, it's amazing. That is the dirt on KD double ub. Get to give a shout out to the LEO Agency for helping us out this morning.
Speaker 2: We always appreciate you guys.