Speaker 1: Vikings lost the freaking stupid Bears yesterday. I mean, let me know that happened, like on a field goals. I'm god, Vikings are what like one in fourteen or something like that like that. They're not one in fourteen. Don't call me. I know this just it was the bad day Lions. I was hoping the Lions would smother the Eagles last night. If you didn't stay up for it. It was sixteen to nine I think was the final. So yeah, my Lions are my backup to Broncos. Did win yesterday. Yeah, they beat the lowly, disgusting Kansas City Chiefs yesterday. Travis Kelcey and the who's the quarterback can never remember his home Kermit Patrick Mahomes. Yes, Kermit Holme, Kermit Mahomes. The Gophers lost too, right, Yeah, well the Gophers were playing Oregon, who were number eight. So the Gophers lost like forty two to ten or something like that. It was it was judged anyway. Here we are, it's Monday. It's k D double ub. Hope you had a great weekend. It was a little chilly, kind of nippingly at a little fall like weather outside, but it was beautiful on Friday. It didn't get cold really till yesterday, but Friday was seventy degrees.
Speaker 2: Tank top on a two hour walk. What it was great.
Speaker 1: It was summer again. On Friday, we took the motorcycle out. Usually if you ride a motorcycle of Minnesota, you put it away by this time of the year. We got it out on Friday. We rode over to Wyzetta, and Wazetta is the home of rich, beautifully genetically blessed people. So we go into Gianni's, which is a beautiful little restaurant bar, and it was so full of cougars and hot looking men. We couldn't get a place at the bar it was so we went down the road to I think it's called the Cormickx, which is a little Irish bar. A couple of seats at the bar. The two bartenders guys behind the bar, they were gorgeous. They looked like models, and they were so kind and they were so sweet. And then his server comes by and she looks like a model as well. Yeah, And I'm like, I was gonna ask Jenny, Jenny's not here. Maybe you're in the end of restaurant business. We've talked about this do they do do hoity toity restaurants purposely higher gorgeous people, because nobody in that bar that worked there was nobody ugly. At mccormicks, they're all, you're all beautiful. Over at mcormick's, you're all beautiful.
Speaker 2: Just right now, they're like, oh my gosh, she's talking about us.
Speaker 1: And I was like, you know, we're we're Susan's attractive. I look like a troll. I looked like the underside of your shoe. Yeah, but they were gorgeous.
Speaker 3: So some places, like I mean, we obviously know Hooters, they definitely do stereotypeis in the world, but they look for a specific type of person to hire. So I wouldn't be surprised if you had like the average WISE at a restaurant, because they have an expectation when you go to Wise that I think.
Speaker 1: So like, if I applied for a job over at McCormick's or Jehanni's, they'd be like, as a dishwasher.
Speaker 2: Maybe try maybe coon rapids maybe.
Speaker 1: Anyway, So we come back to work on Monday, and we always have stories that we tell that go with one photo and we described the photo and if you get a chance, go look at it. It's on Dave Ryan Show on Instagram and on Dave Ryanshow dot com and they tell a little story. So my story is we got the motorcycle out and we went for a motorcycle ride. So Susan reached it out, takes a selfie, cut half of her face off. But it was just nice. It was like, okay, here we are, We're on the motorcycle. I look like I'm really serious. You do like I was really concentrating, so I don't look that good. But that was probably my favorite photo of the weekend.
Speaker 4: Mainly, yeah, very serious.
Speaker 5: I did a lot of like theater stuff this weekend. But the two times that I went to go see some high school shows, they turned into dates with my new hinge date guy. I'm calling him lovingly regular guy as because.
Speaker 4: He's a regular normal guy.
Speaker 2: He's a regular normal guy.
Speaker 5: So I took a picture of our beers from Friday night and his arm is in it, and I was like, ooh, mysterious, like I'm gonna have your arm in it, and he's like, let's just make sure that my bicyle looks huge. Okay, So it really say that, No, I mean, he was making a joke.
Speaker 4: Dave says it.
Speaker 2: Biceps. I mean they don't look big because he wasn't prepping for it.
Speaker 5: Are they bigger than Dave's No, probably not. I get that Dave, Dave credit. I'll give Dave credit.
Speaker 4: I get a snap quite a bit.
Speaker 1: He's got nice hands though, and he dressed He's wearing a nice shirt and that is a good.
Speaker 4: Sign right here.
Speaker 2: And he dressed up for a fat.
Speaker 1: Neck though you got a big fat neck. Well, I guess he got a fat neck on the kids. Okay, I'm gonna I'm gonna sell vond. I don't know whether it's your picture or not, but you did a video of you and your bride to be opening a wine bottle with a like a little lighter and a flat iron.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is amazing.
Speaker 3: It's a dumb picture, but the video behind it is cool. So we were we want to open a bottle of wine just we had a long week and we realized we didn't have a corkscrew, and I could easily go run down the street to get a cork screw, But why do that when TikTok exists? Of course, we went on TikTok and they said try to light like the brim of the bottle. So first we had like trying to make it hot, so we had a lighter at first, but that was taking too long, so Alyssa went and got her flat iron, her straightener and the video set hold it for like fifteen minutes and so we documented the whole thing, and by how we look you can tell we did not expect it to work and to post a video. But fifteen twenty minutes later, after holding a straight iron or the flat iron to the wine bottle, the cork pop and it was so cool.
Speaker 1: Whoa, it was pretty amazing. I was like, this is not going to work. And then slowly that cork is popping. I think it either. You could see it our faces.
Speaker 4: We were just a shock.
Speaker 1: That was the very cute, a little cute, little couple thing to do. Thank you bye, it is Monday. If we got wild tickets, we got that to look forward to a little bit later on. We got a lot of cool stuff on the show today, including you can't make this stuff up.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: There is a gift that's going around for Christmas. Foul mouthed AI toys could be a big issue this Christmas because somebody tested a bunch of toys with AI and found that some will talk in depth about sexually x implicit topics or even offer advice on where to find matches or knives. So parents be careful. But maybe if you're looking for a sexually explicit topic talking AI toy, I will give you the list coming up next here on Katie alas well. Apparently you can buy your kid AI toys for Christmas that will talk dirty to them. There's a basically nonprofit called Public Interest Research Group. They released the fortieth annual Trouble in Toyland Report, and in the past they said like, you know, choking hazards and sharp things and things like that, but they say AI is the new thing that you got to look out for. They didn't name any particular toys, but they tested a bunch that use AI to have full on conversation with kids, and some of the conversations turned sexually explicit in their test group. They didn't have kids do it, but they, you know, adults tested it. And then they will offer advice on where a child can find matches or knives and then act dismayed when kids say they have to leave. So they didn't give any particulars. I don't even know what ai toys there are out there for kids now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So but if you are thinking about buying something for your kid, then I don't know, just be careful.
Speaker 2: I wonder how much these go for. Yeah, I get, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know what they are.
Speaker 2: Can you remember Dave?
Speaker 5: The there were it was a while ago, tellytubbies that were on the market and Poe when you squeeze his belly, he would say, wipe my butt?
Speaker 4: What? I don't remember that one.
Speaker 5: No, it was like a huge deal where there was like something you know, wrong with Poe, like he wasn't you know, actually explicitly talking to anybody. But all of these tellytubbies they would say like, you know, stupid little oh those kind of things, and this one he was like, why my buite? And so it was clearly like an oops. But they made like mass made it and we ended up getting one, like me and my family had one. Whpe my butt?
Speaker 2: Poe?
Speaker 1: It was wild. No, was he really saying that or was it digitized that? It kind of sounded like it.
Speaker 5: It sounded like it, but then it was then they like recalled all of the posts. So it was clear that they like, oops we made we made an oopsie, so let's recall them, get them off the shelves.
Speaker 4: But we had one be lucky. It was dope.
Speaker 1: Speaking of kids, I found in an article that's really interesting is like things to say to get your kids to talk. Because if you're like me and you raise kids and you try to get him to talk around the dinner table or whatever, how is school today good?
Speaker 4: What'd you do? Nothing? Well, then that's really the end of the conversation.
Speaker 1: So according to a therapist, here are some of the best things you can ask your kid after school that might get a better response. You're a mom or a dad, listen up, what was the best part of your day? Well, that makes them think for a little bit. Don't be surprised that they talk about lunch of recess. So what was the best part of your day? What's a mistake you learned from today? Or in other words, did anything happen today that you would do differently next time? It's too much thinking for a kid. Me kind of okay? Talking about mistakes normalize them and reduce his shame. Another one, what were you proud of today? What's one thing you would have made better today or would have made today better?
Speaker 4: That's what it is.
Speaker 1: Oh, so that identifies feelings like frustration without dwelling on it.
Speaker 4: Who did you help today?
Speaker 1: And if the answer is no one, they might start looking to be helpful or spread acts of kindness.
Speaker 4: Who did you help today? Well? I help the teacher do this, or I help my friend do this. Whatever. Yeah, what is the most interesting thing you learn today?
Speaker 5: See? That one is I asked that one to be kind of funny. If I'm talking to a kid like, oh, what are you learning in school today? Right? Right, and they're always like nahang, like okay, great, good conversation, never.
Speaker 1: Mind, No, true, they definitely can clam up, what is something new you'd like to try? I mean, you can do this with high school kids too, but they'll be like, I'm onto your mom.
Speaker 4: You're trying to make conversation. Shut up? Can you, honey? Can you please put your phone down for shut up?
Speaker 5: I say, like, what's the funniest thing that happened today? Because then they have to think, well, they still have to think, but then it's something that will make them laugh hopefully again, what are you.
Speaker 4: Doing talking to all these kids? Anyway? You're weird.
Speaker 2: Oh hey, I coach a high school speech.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I talked to Okay, gotcha. How did the speech and debate go this weekend?
Speaker 5: We are middle schoolers, honestly are annihilating. I have and two eighth graders, a seventh grader or three eighth graders and a seventh grader, and they all just like wipe the floor with the rest of my team.
Speaker 2: So they're the ones that won awards this weekend.
Speaker 5: Really, I had a second place team this weekend and no kidders.
Speaker 2: Wow, bunker man, they're smart kids.
Speaker 1: Good for you, all right, it's Katie wod go watch Bon's video on him working at a fast food place. Yes, and then waiting on himself when you when you go.
Speaker 3: Check the bag before you leave, and you're checking it right in front of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and just how they blow up.
Speaker 3: You always have to check the bag, man, because the minute sure don't something's going to be missing.
Speaker 2: But it's on my Instagram at vant leak.
Speaker 4: No, it's so true.
Speaker 1: You get somebody else's order, they leave out your you know, your double cheeseburger or whatever, yeah.
Speaker 3: Or just your Chick fil a sauce. Is just the whole thing. At v O nt L e AK. Go check it out eight followers. It's actually pretty funny. Go check that out. All right, we'll be back at a second. Need your sing along song of the day suggestions. I know you're busy, I know it's a Monday. I know you don't build in a lot of extra time in the morning. But what do you want to sing along with on the radio. If you sing along, it'll make your Monday go better, whether you want to wail in the shower or while you're doing your hair or whatever getting kids ready for school. Text me at KDEWB one and let me know what song you want to sing along to and we'll do it when we come right back on kd WB. Here on the Dave Ryan in the Morning Show.
Speaker 4: Let's see how long it takes day to try and show you his biceps.
Speaker 2: The Dave Ryan Show on kd w B.
Speaker 1: I just want to say twenty one inch pipes. That's pipes. Never heard pipe coming up after we do the sing along song of the day. There is a big celebrity, very big like household name celebrity. They said that they got that way all on their own. They did not have any help, but you will not believe them when you hear what their last name is. We'll tell you about that coming up on Dave's Dirt. A lot of stuff to cover on that, but we got some great suggestions for the singalong song of the day. This one usually comes up every single morning, but we're gonna play at this time sing along BSB.
Speaker 2: What ever happened to Ashley Parker Angel? It's Dave's Dirt.
Speaker 4: On kat w B.
Speaker 1: The first thing is not really a dirt story. It's not a fun story. Shooting at a Bennie Hannah. I think it was on Friday night over in It happened about four o'clock Friday night. Two guys that seemed to know each other were involved in an altercation that one be led to one being shot in the groin, and the suspect left the scene has not been found. Come on, Wow, at a Bennie Hannah, Yeah good, anywhere anywhere?
Speaker 4: Sure.
Speaker 1: Bennie Hannah supposed to be a place of love. It's like a family restaurant. It's just so stupid. On a a lighter note, Paris Hilton believes that she is self made. She says, quote, yes, I come from the Hilton hotels, but I parlated into such a huge business. Everything I've done, I've done on my own. I don't really disagree with her. I think that she definitely had the Hilton name to work with and all the privilege that brings along, plus great genetics, because you know, when you're rich, you tend to have more beautiful children. I mean that goes back to my experience in why Zeta the other day. Everybody at the restaurants were beautiful because they have money. Rich people have better looking kids. I think the richness is in the DNA, so it all trickles down, I think so. So anyway, she says, everything I've done, I've done on my own, and yes I do have a last name. But there are also many children I know that have come from families who you know, take the choice of not doing anything with their lives. She compares her situation to that at Kylie Jenner, who she also who is also claimed to be self made. She says, I think giddy a woman who is going to get into business and be an entrepreneur and make a big name and brand for themselves, they are self made. I don't know there are people who would say, no, you are not self made, and neither is Kylie. Do you work hard, no doubt, have you achieved bar fourth, but far more than just being a privileged rich kid. Absolutely, But you were a privileged rich kid and you built everything off of that. Without it, there's a very good chance you would have just been one of us. So you had a leg up that almost no other human has, and you should acknowledge it. And it's sad that you won't. But it's even sadder if you actually believe it had nothing to do with your success. So, as the old saying goes, if you were born on third base, you think you hit a triple, you know, but you were you were born on third base.
Speaker 2: That is such a fire thing to say. I love that. Get a tattooed on your book. Yeah, so I thought this was kind of weird.
Speaker 5: Kim and Chloe Kardashian had a pajama party with Britney Spears.
Speaker 4: Like recently or when they were kids.
Speaker 2: No, like over the week. Oh yes, cheering in our geriatric bed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this bed vibrates.
Speaker 2: What the what them? It's such a weird video.
Speaker 1: I would see it as opportunistic by the Kardashians that they don't really care about Britney Spears, but they thought, oh, well, this will get us some talk and some you know, views and clicks and likes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it definitely did because I'm watching it, like why have they always been friends? I'm so confused because the video, it is Britney Spears like laying in a bed in between Chloe and Kim, and then the camera goes around and then you can see Chloe's daughter and Kim's daughter also dressed up in pajamas like they're all having like a big slumber party.
Speaker 2: But like why, I don't understand why.
Speaker 1: I think because the Kardashians are publicity machines and they that's what they do.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Bailey, did you see the video of Kim.
Speaker 3: I feel so bad saying this, But she posted a video of her crying when she found out she failed the bar and I just I don't feel bad because right before for she and now she failed, she was posting videos like I used chatchpet like to put answers into the bar exam, and then she went to a fortune teller and four different ones and they told so, I just can't feel bad.
Speaker 5: I mostly just don't feel bad anytime someone sets up a camera so that they can cry.
Speaker 2: I've also said that before too.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: It's very odd because were you crying and thought let me put up the camera, or did you put up the camera and then said all right.
Speaker 2: Let's start crying. Let's I don't have to crop the beginning where you weren't crying.
Speaker 1: I know somebody who is who is local and they are kind of an influencer, and I used to really think they were pretty cool until one day they posted a picture of them crying, laying on the bathroom floor and I'm like, no, I.
Speaker 2: Please set that camera up.
Speaker 1: Bie, exactly all right? So we do have more audio here. This is basically on a Saturday Night Live, Olivia Dean did it was she was the musical guest. And this is a little c of man, I need tell me.
Speaker 2: The man, tell me you got something you kind of like it? You call me one.
Speaker 1: I wish I could stay it for Saturday Night Live. I just don't anymore. I make it up to about ten o'clock we were we finished watching Black Rabbit, which you know.
Speaker 4: It was it was too long. It was fine, but it was too long.
Speaker 1: Did we started watching twenty eight years later, which I've really enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: Is a zombie movie.
Speaker 4: I love zombie movies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we got about maybe a quarter of the way through that twenty eight years later, and I'm like, Okay, it's ten o'clock.
Speaker 3: You ready to go to bed? I told you that I started watching this is a couple of months ago. Twenty eight days later.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 2: And it was good. But then when twenty eight years later came out, people said that it was trash. So I skipped it. So I'm glad you liked it.
Speaker 4: It's so far, so good.
Speaker 2: Gotcha.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 5: So Scooter bron is in the talks to potentially buy only fans. He met with the CEO Keeley Blair to negotiate the deal for the platfor him, which if you're not familiar with OnlyFans, just google it.
Speaker 2: You'll find out what it's about. Computer not on a work computer.
Speaker 5: It's estimated eight billion dollars in worth. And so but then there he's saying, like, no, just kidding, I wasn't actually I was just like looking into it, but I'm not actually interested in it. But like, if you're even just looking into it, doesn't that declare interest? From you Scooter, So we'll see if he ends up buying only fans.
Speaker 2: I don't know why he would need it. I'd be so random. Yeah, I'm really excited.
Speaker 3: Alex Warren announced his first ever arena tour and the video that he posted. I don't know where Alex Warren got the budget for this. Jennifer Aniston is in it. She's like a judge. Here's a little clip your honor. Annie is not an orphan. I'm her father. Oh come on, Annie, cut it. I've been waiting in the car the whole time on your ride home.
Speaker 4: Wait, if she's not actually an orphant, that means I can go on tour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I gets, Yeah you can. That's good.
Speaker 4: Okay, that sounds kind of funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's such a random little skit, but he's calling it the Little Orphan Alex Tour, And I'm just excited because when I met Alex Warren, he was playing some smaller venue here I forget in Saint Paul, and he was like really just doing his thing.
Speaker 2: So now he's going to be at Target Center.
Speaker 1: I believe he's going to have a beloved pop stars justin Bieber. He is six months from headlining the Coachella Music Festival, and it's an opportunity to launch a new chapter after years of kind of chaos and mental health struggles. So he has hired Adele's publicist in hopes of polishing his reputation. A music industry insider says Justin is unpredictable at else people are miracle workers, but even they can't fix someone who doesn't show up. Oh so Coachella is playing, is paying Justin Bieber ten million dollars to show up. He is cut back on rehearsals. He crashed an electric skateboard and bruised his ribs. So he say he's not thirty one years old. Believe it or not, Justin is thirty one years old with a toddler at home, and he is still right around on a skateboard. I got no problem with a thirty one year old riding around on electric skateboard. I had one, and I would still write it except that the tires went flat and they won't hold air anymore.
Speaker 4: Oh no, but they're dope.
Speaker 1: Seriously, if you want to get an involved electric skateboard, evolve, They're they're amazing and you have a little trigger in your hand. I did fall off of one time. It started before I was ready and I fell off and landed on my shoulder.
Speaker 5: This is a fascinating story, So glad you're telling me. I think that Justin Bieber in general, though, like from the people who you know, his adele people are trying to work with him. In my opinion, he seems like a liability, so like, I don't know why how so just that like he he pulls out of things. He's kind of like, you know, like a little cuckoo sometimes, and I just I don't know if I would want to invest all of my time and energy in getting Justin Bieber like up on his feet and like touring. Yeah, my humble opinion. Yep, A La Boo Boo movie is in the works at Sony. Laboo Boo are those tiny little kind of like beanie babies key chains have like fuzzy little heads and they're like sharp little teeth.
Speaker 2: They're kind of creepy. If you don't know what a litle boo is, google it.
Speaker 5: They're everywhere, and I honestly I'll believe it when I see it, because now I feel like every week I report on some toy that's being turned into a movie after the success of the Barbie movie. And I'm not sure if this is going to actually happen, but Sony has picked up the film rights. They don't know if it's going to be live action or animation. It's too early in development. But there will be a La Boo boo movie.
Speaker 4: Okay, good news.
Speaker 1: And that is the dirt brought to you by six one two Injured Heimer and Lammers in Jury Law. Let's do the Monday morning dance party. Get you up off your feet. Maybe you dance around your car or your cube, or you've around the house. Get the kids up, have them dance along to katiewb on the Monday Morning Dance party. There's a dance party on one one point three kd WB. Bailey headed Date over the Week date number three, two and three with two and three. Oh so when you to Friday and Saturday and Saturday look at you?
Speaker 4: Well, so we have a bit.
Speaker 1: I don't have the question, but Bailey and her friend brought up a question about date number three and I think you'll probably have an opinion on this. We got to talk about that coming up when we give away wild tickets. What time is the wild ticket thing? Seven seven twenty so Wild tickets coming up in a little bit.
Speaker 4: We'll have Wild tickets for you.
Speaker 1: And if you need us for anything, send me a text at kd WB one. Check out the iHeartRadio app. If you've got to go to the gym or whatever, you can listen on the iHeartRadio app and set a preset for KDWB. Just have that plus sign in the upper left hand corner. Boom and set a preset. You know what they're happened they're doing already Over on Cool one, we'll have Christmas freaking music.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, I've heard about it. I'm tired of the judgment.
Speaker 3: We're now officially halfway through November, so the judgment for listening to Christmas music or putting you to core, it needs to stop.
Speaker 2: I gotta put okay this week. Then it's okay.
Speaker 4: Now we our We had our lights up in our yard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, lights on Friday was a good day to set them up.
Speaker 1: It was beautiful on Friday. So all right, Christmas music on Cool one. O eight for the Dave Ryan Show here on Katie WB. Make the right choice? What is the right choice?
Speaker 4: Dry Show