Speaker 1: Okay, head north with the Power Trip at grand View Lodge this week.
Speaker 2: Join us Thursday night for fun and prizes, then tune in Friday morning for the live broadcast and the initials game booker state at a kafan dot com keyword grand View.
Speaker 3: Waiting.
Speaker 4: Yes, all right, welcome back to the Power Trip Morning Show. It is a Monday recapping the Wild, the Wolves, the Draft. Ben Leber's here, Hi, Ben, hie. Uh. We're gonna stall for a second because Chris is in a stalled currently. No, I think he's getting his Uh yeah, it's an allergy medic. It's a better bit if he's just going to the bathroom. Yeah, he's taking a huge dump. So before we get into the news when he gets back, any other major non Vikings related draft takes that he's something that either surprised you or you know, you were super excited about, super upset about anything else stand out.
Speaker 5: I think I was surprised that in Sauce you can jump in whenever you want. I'm sure you guys talked about it over the weekend, but I was surprised that Safeties, you know, Caleb Downs dropped as far as he did. Sauce not even we sort of theorized that a guy like Ruben Bain would drop, and he dropped a little bit. But I just thought that consensus across the board, Caleb Downs was one of the top players regardless of position, on everybody's big board. But yet we're watching the draft and nobody's selecting him, and not that he dropped a ton, but you look at the difference and value from being a top four pick to being where he's at, Like that's millions of dollars that was left on the table because people just didn't value that position or whatever, you know what I mean. We know that Theeneman you know when you know, went where he went to Chicago and and we're gonna have to see him. But I just I think the value of safety overall was not as highly valued as maybe people thought. We heard that after the first two running backs that running backs were not going to be valued very high in this draft, and we kind of saw that play out, So that was maybe not a surprise. But when you when you hear about these hypotheticals, you know, you just never really know until we actually see it in action. So I thought it was interesting that running backs outside of the Notre Dame. Guys, it was slim pickings, especially even for our guy IMT. Johnson who went to the Chiefs.
Speaker 4: I have not heard your full Caleb Banks breakdown, but we can do that in Vikings. Those in about thirty minutes if you want, very curious to hear what you think. But we'll wait for thirty three minutes. That's a radio tas curious.
Speaker 6: We also ask him about.
Speaker 4: We'll get to that as well.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is Cafe in News with Chris Hockey that's presented by the Saint Paul Saints.
Speaker 6: Amen.
Speaker 7: And hey, it's Crayola night at the Saints.
Speaker 6: Hey, Crayola, take a package.
Speaker 7: Sunday, May third, coming right up as your beloved Saints return to see just Field tomorrow eleven o seven am game tomorrow versus Iowa. These two teams hate each other, yes they do. Thank you Saints Baseball at Saints Baseball dot com.
Speaker 3: So it's the Krayola is for coloring, not for eating.
Speaker 4: Yeahs a kid.
Speaker 3: Just curious, Yeah exactly, as an adult.
Speaker 4: Curiosity killed the cat. So you would eat boogers but not cram.
Speaker 8: Yeah crams are yes, sir, please, I mean he did I've done that in a while, though, I'm off, I'm off the.
Speaker 4: Please thank you.
Speaker 6: I'm really begging you.
Speaker 4: I just can't believe you did that.
Speaker 9: A stupid question. Yeah, do the different color of crayons have different flavors.
Speaker 4: Asked Paul, No idea. I've never eaten a cran. I knew kids that did. Though. There's always the glue kid that ate glue. That wasn't me. No, you were the booger kid, the Bookers.
Speaker 7: The kid who was made of glue, who ate us?
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, that's how we survived a superhero am on kids, don't.
Speaker 6: You don't even say it?
Speaker 4: Looking back, sauce makes me if let's say you go to a super Bowl party when you were what ten years old? Yeah, and the parents of the super Bowl party they lay out all the snacks and it's glue, and it's crams, and it's boogers. It's a kid's party. What are you eating? That's a good question. It's not other people's are disgusting, stopped, But you were channel.
Speaker 3: Worth going back for because it was a one time problem.
Speaker 4: It's probably krans.
Speaker 9: I don't know why they like to talk about it.
Speaker 4: What kind of glue would you have considered like Elmers or just Elmer's regularly lou gross glues.
Speaker 3: Gross glue is gross, did you guys know? Disgusting? I don't think other people's boogers hard.
Speaker 8: Pass, hard pass, but yours Yeah, chef's kiss, Yeah, whereas you don't need moist moist, gross moist.
Speaker 9: A moist booger.
Speaker 6: Just trying to shock down another best he's ever had?
Speaker 3: Moist?
Speaker 4: Yeah, stop, seriously, it's it is maybe the one of the worst.
Speaker 6: I can't take it. I can't take the discussing.
Speaker 4: Things in a long time, and I haven't done it in a long time. I can't take it, not at all.
Speaker 9: Please.
Speaker 7: You know who looks like a booger eater? King Charles is visiting the United States. I wonder if he has King Charles and Queen Camilla.
Speaker 4: Sure as a booger reader.
Speaker 7: They talked to the US today. They're not coming to Minneapolis, I bet because this uh you UK's row. A couple said to have a six day track that will begin in DC.
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 9: Do you guys hear something?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: What is that?
Speaker 6: Somebody's phone is.
Speaker 4: On that mud? That was weird. I don't know that was weird anyway.
Speaker 7: Somebody's listening to a different radio stations.
Speaker 10: Oh he was eating boogers or stop it not now anyway, So say hi to King Charles and Queen Camel if you see him, you know we'll do man.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah? Cool.
Speaker 6: Sloth World Orlando filing for bankruptcy.
Speaker 4: Oh no, is that owned by that bitch Carol Basket?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 7: After more than thirty of the animals reportedly died from a virus, how many thirty of them?
Speaker 6: I guess they got VD That's what I'm guessing.
Speaker 4: I guess your sister should leave alone.
Speaker 7: A does a dozen surviving flows. We're transferred out of the uh, out of that VD hell. They're going to be in quarantine for a month so they don't spread the disease.
Speaker 4: Here's why I like Ben. Ben. If you went to a sloth World in Florida, you know they only sell one flavor of ice cream? M yep, and it is Come on, man, you got this sloth sloth World sell us one flavor of ice cream. Even I get it, I can do it. Come on, man, man, I don't know. I don't know where you're going.
Speaker 9: I feel so I kind of that I'm disappointing you right now. Everybody gets the joke.
Speaker 6: And what kind of ice cream does he like?
Speaker 9: Rocky?
Speaker 8: Sorry, your sloth, the pressium hunk.
Speaker 4: No, it's not good either. Whatever you want it, you got it all right, Thank.
Speaker 9: You got it.
Speaker 7: Deadly flesh eating bacteria has been found in multiple swimming areas in New York Suffolk County. UH scientists at Stonybrook University say this type of bacteria can cause death within forty eight hours.
Speaker 6: If it goes untreated.
Speaker 7: Suffolk County officials say they're updating septic systems that are relying on shell fish and the seaweed to absorb some of the nitrogen build up that's causing the bacteria.
Speaker 4: Why did people go outside? Yeah? Ever flesh eater? Oh disgusting.
Speaker 7: They're pretty disgusting. Better than what he eats, though, I.
Speaker 4: Was going to say on the disgusting things eating in this entire segment was flesh.
Speaker 7: A new survey shows the cost of dating is exhausting good.
Speaker 6: Many young American tired. BMO Financial Group.
Speaker 7: Says half of American surveys say they are going on fewer dates or choosing less expensive activities like just staying in the back.
Speaker 6: Seat and get them home, just going to watch the sunset. That's right.
Speaker 7: The bank pulled over twenty five hundred adults in late December and January said one day cost gen Z adults over two hundred dollars on average, and millennials two hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 6: Sell them a bitch, take too much money?
Speaker 9: Do kids do that anymore? Just go park?
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 7: They should just go to the point, So go parking, go parking. Of course, what do kids drive these days?
Speaker 4: They have back seats, e bikes, yeah, e bikes, hoverboards, scooters.
Speaker 7: If you guys aren't watching Rooster, by the way, it's a great show.
Speaker 4: What's Rooster now?
Speaker 9: I haven't never heard of it.
Speaker 7: It's a Steve Carell's new show. Oh yeah, on HBO HBO. It's really funny, man. There's at least one or two funny moments every episode. I think it's really well done.
Speaker 4: You guys like it.
Speaker 6: It's real good, real real good. If you like Steve Carell, you like it, I'll check it out, thank you.
Speaker 7: With baseball season heating up, fans of showing support, but how much is too much? Here's bre Tennis. She's a reporter. She's got more on the difference between a sports fan any sports fanatic.
Speaker 11: Sports fans make up about seventy percent of the population, sports fanatics about twenty percent. And here's the difference. According to psychology today, fans go to games and wear team gear. Fanatics never miss a game, scream at the TV, know the names of the players, and refer to the team as US psychologists say. It's not really bad if you're a fanatic, as long as you maintain balance and stay employed.
Speaker 9: I'm pre tennis.
Speaker 6: Wowbrey, Wow, I quite the end of that, God debri.
Speaker 3: Stating the obvious. So you know what fans are short for, right, yeah?
Speaker 4: Fanatic?
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 4: So it's just funny that we're arguing the difference between sports fanatics and sports fanatics. Yeah, but I know what she means. Yeah, so you said, she said seventy percent fans, twenty percent fanatics.
Speaker 9: That's right.
Speaker 4: What's the other ten.
Speaker 7: Casual I'd say obsessives. I think it goes the other way when you say, I.
Speaker 4: Would say it's it's closer to the people who barely care.
Speaker 12: Yeah, cashyeah, yeah, yeah, Yeah, that's seventy percent are fans, ten percent are yeah, like like, that's why I'm I guess.
Speaker 4: Now too right where it's like, yeah, I would rather see them win. I'll watch once in a while. I'm not wearing the jerseys. I rarely go to games. No, my day doesn't get impacted either way, right, but it used to used to. Yeah, teared up in ninety eight. I'm like, I can't let this happen again. It was the last time you cried. I didn't cry teared up. Well, you cried when javiscot his van. Not even close to truth.
Speaker 9: So just taking it back from your big tears?
Speaker 4: What so many? How many?
Speaker 3: Hold you?
Speaker 4: Forty three? Forty three? So you're forty three years of living on this great planet of Earth, third rock from the Sun.
Speaker 3: How many of those forty three years would you say? You have been a fanatic?
Speaker 4: I mean I've been a pretty big Vikings fanatics since probably ninety eight, so almost thirty years. Wow, true fanatic? Not even fan Yeah fanatic? Yeah, obsessed? Yeah, never missed a game, care about every game and every loss. Yeah, yeah, you I've watched. I would bet I've watched every game since nineteen ninety eight.
Speaker 6: Who do we know in our in our realm? Who is a fanatic, like I would say Pa is a fanatic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a fanatic, Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Dusty mond Bonus is a Twins fanatic for sure.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 9: Tommy's a fanatic of the Gophers.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 9: Conzemius obviously fanatic of the Gophers.
Speaker 7: Does anybody know I'm guess I bet he did great. Does anybody know how our guy did the other day?
Speaker 4: No? On the Big ten network. I saw the clip of him interviewed on PJ. Yeah, Andy interviewed the quarterback. He did very well.
Speaker 6: Good, good, good good.
Speaker 4: So you did see it or you just saw the house it was on Twitter? Yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 9: I hope he did well.
Speaker 4: I'm sure he did. He's good at everything. Hawk.
Speaker 9: Were you ever a fanatic growing up with any one particular team? No, not really, I mean no, I know, I'm kind of with you.
Speaker 5: I was kind of racking my brain thinking, like I cheered for teams and I paid attention, But I I don't think I was ever a fanatic of any one team.
Speaker 7: If I'll be honest, I think I'm the only team I was ever a fanatic of was my high school team.
Speaker 9: You know what I mean? Like, yeah, I couldn't wait to play high school football.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I was obsessed with playing high school football. I loved it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my obsession or level of fanaticism is band related, right if you're on camera. I was way more into three eleven than I ever was a sports team, and that includes the like nineties go for basketball team that I loved, the Timberwolves, which is still my favorite team.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, but according but according to Brie Tennis, all you have to be to do to be a fanatic versus a fan is just kind of like know the players and know that. So I don't think you have to do a deep dive like you knew probably all the Gophers and Timberwolves players without even really being riding and dying by every win and loss. You could right now probably think of the starting lineup of one one big team when you're a child. So, for instance, Hawk and I will talking about the Cincinnati Reds, so I where I grew up. I loved Eric Davis, I love Barry Larkin, Chris Sabo like grif. Yeah that was a little later, but like I still paid attention, you know, So I wasn't. I guess that would probably put me in the fanatic but I didn't watch every game. I didn't have the ability to watch every game, right, but I still loved keeping up with it in the newspaper.
Speaker 9: That's a really good point.
Speaker 6: I'd say.
Speaker 7: Big Red Machine was like maybe the team of my youth. Like I would go out in the backyard and throw the baseball up on the barn and run and dive to catch it and pretend I was you know, Dave Concepcione.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I try to hit like Eric Davis how he held the bat like really lay, you know, and I couldn't. I obviously just couldn't do it like he could do it.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, baseball mattered a lot back then, back then, Yeah, it really did.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, that's a good point. Now our team's falling apart. Yeah, it's over. For every day.
Speaker 3: They lost nine out of ten.
Speaker 6: They're just resting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're resting. They're falling apart.
Speaker 3: It looked like the over was going to absolutely crush squad. It's over, man, it's over, nine out of ten.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's over. The bullpen's terrible. They can't hit. There's like three guys on the team that don't belong on the team.
Speaker 3: What happened? They got off to such a monster start.
Speaker 8: Ten The bullpen is awful and they scored five total runs against the Rays.
Speaker 4: This SWE's not enough.
Speaker 6: But the other team scored how many?
Speaker 4: Probably seven?
Speaker 8: Shoot?
Speaker 3: Hm?
Speaker 6: I like Shelty, Yeah, I do too.
Speaker 4: But the team he has.
Speaker 8: Some of the guys on that team don't belong in the MLB roster because the owners are cheap and they keep them there.
Speaker 3: Fun, all right, sports sauce.
Speaker 7: When we come back, can I tell you guys at some point about the guy who was gorge to death by a bull in Spain?
Speaker 4: Oh he did die?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah. This is during the running of the bulls.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 4: I thought it was the matador that got anally?
Speaker 5: What was it?
Speaker 4: What did they say?
Speaker 3: God? What was the word that we used last week? It was something else?
Speaker 9: Impaled? No, pleasured?
Speaker 4: Whoa?
Speaker 3: We said it like thirty times?
Speaker 4: Anally?
Speaker 9: Uh, massacred? No, scrap?
Speaker 3: No, it was in one of the headlines we read prolapsed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wow, good world, good word.
Speaker 9: Disemboweled.
Speaker 4: No, why don't I just google it and see if I can find this quickly?
Speaker 6: What I'm doing right now?
Speaker 4: Anally kissed?
Speaker 6: No, it might have been.
Speaker 9: Perforated rectum that perfect.
Speaker 3: There we go.
Speaker 7: Yeah, oh man perforated severely. Gordon the anis.
Speaker 9: That's not funny?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I like his mad libs. Yeah, this is fun money. Well here headline from the Daily Star.
Speaker 4: Spanish Matador says he can't sleep or eat after bull spears him in the bum.
Speaker 3: Why can't he eat? He doesn't eat through his mouth?
Speaker 4: Listen?
Speaker 8: But then I'm sorry, you don't want to dump rect dilator When you say that's quit ordering on Amazon.
Speaker 7: When you say spared him in the bum, it sounds a lot less catastrophic. Yeah, when you say perforated that anus right, yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah. And then the story we read last week as he came out of retirement, this guy was no why considered to be this legendary Spanish matatory. He's like, ah, I hung him up too early. I'm going to get back out there. And then immediately a horn went right up it his.
Speaker 6: Poor rim before shot, just before it happened.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, that was like bullseye.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Oh based on those horns. It didn't go straight in.
Speaker 3: And you can't slash him a target like that.
Speaker 4: I don't slash him your tar star man rectal perforation. They're playing the fillmore.
Speaker 9: This butter will got film board.
Speaker 4: Oh gross, you've seen the sidebirds on the set of a pitch. He looks like he's straight out of nineteen seventy eight.
Speaker 6: You should see the cheek burns on that guy too.
Speaker 4: His poor slabs. I was in immense pain, felt a lot of fear because I saw the bull head grabbed me and well I thought I was bleeding.
Speaker 3: Yeah you sure were, Oh.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you sure?
Speaker 5: We're gross.
Speaker 7: He's not going to walk right for a while.
Speaker 4: Man, It's gonna walk like you just got off a bowl horn. Yeah.
Speaker 12: Me.
Speaker 5: It's like watching the girls walk out of the elevators in Vegas at like five in the morning.
Speaker 4: Ye or Tommy, what the guy's done? Hawk your guys on ESPN?
Speaker 3: Which one?
Speaker 4: Damien Woody?
Speaker 9: Oh how dare you?
Speaker 6: I thought you're dumb about Big Citrus?
Speaker 3: Also do sports?
Speaker 4: After this Vikings news in like twenty minutes is the Power tra Monty Show on the Fan.
Speaker 2: Playoff time calls for Carboni's Pizza Game Day Fuel since nineteen fifty four. Feel your Game five playoff party tonight by ordering a at Carboni's Pizza dot Com.
Speaker 6: That sounds good, man, I'd eat that.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 9: Ben abs aboutely Man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, yeah, man.
Speaker 7: The guy, uh, the bullfighter who suffered the proferred directum looks like I figure Napoleon Bonaparte looked.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not super unlike Napoleon from Bill and Ted's excellent.
Speaker 6: You know what, maybe that's where that's coming from. That's where that's coming from.
Speaker 7: Similar kind of because I can't imagine. I saw the polaroids of.
Speaker 3: No, but a lot of paintings. Yeah, sure, sure, sure sure if you go to France.
Speaker 4: Oh good for me, I said a Rivederci to the US last fall, and I went to France. Almost every painting has some Napoleon like angle. You go to the loop and it's like Napoleon, Napoleon, Napoleon. And if that ain't Napoleon, it's a guy that looks like Napoleon. And I'm not going to read a little description underneath to see if it's somebody else. I don't know if they care for him much or not. I can't tell. I don't really read much.
Speaker 6: You know, he they banned him from France a few times.
Speaker 7: He got too big for his britches, which is you know, he pisses me off as people talking about how how short he was, and he's taller than I am.
Speaker 6: I hate that five ages he was five a oh, I thought he was like five fours.
Speaker 7: That's how history goes, right, But no, no, he's five eight two inches taller than me.
Speaker 9: I'm like an aunt.
Speaker 3: But still I'm sorry. And you don't have a Napoleon complex?
Speaker 7: No, well, I probably do a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you have kind you have fought a lot of I kind of don't many people around here of saying you have an Oedipus complex.
Speaker 3: Is that accurate or not?
Speaker 4: See? I know what that means. What does it mean?
Speaker 8: It means you're in love with your mother, like in a So is that false or not? It's I'm in love with my mother, but not not in like. Oh, okay, lost my mom.
Speaker 4: I'm not in love with you said you were in love with your mother? You do, I say that?
Speaker 9: Go ahead, keep talking.
Speaker 4: I love my mom. I'm not in love with my mom.
Speaker 9: I'm talking, baby, It's okay.
Speaker 6: Tell me more.
Speaker 3: Well, I look like I'm from Indiana. You're in love with your mom, but you don't love your mom.
Speaker 4: I love my mom, but I'm not use you with mom. Hawk is in love with your father? And my uncle and my cousin.
Speaker 6: A reveler.
Speaker 7: This is the first sports story. I'm ahead and hit the up. Sure, a reveler has been gored to death. And I say this in sports because I think this is probably a sport for the bulls.
Speaker 4: Us you're running.
Speaker 7: Yeah, sure, but the bulls love it. Their chance target process right right. Traditional bull running event in Spain. Santiago Berrero Son Roman.
Speaker 9: Oh oh no, Santiago Barrero in the world is.
Speaker 4: Damn Barrero Santiago?
Speaker 7: I do mine was killed while taking part in the festivities. Horrific footage showed the thirty year old, a local fighting bull breeder, attempting to shelter behind a barrier.
Speaker 9: Oh so this bull like really targeted him. Yeah, yeah, he really wanted to get out.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah. This street is part of the course known as the Street of Hell. Do the to the intensity of the runs which I've had. I've had really intense runs as well. As The father of two cowered behind a barrel. The animal thrashed around and then tossed him in the air with one of its horns. Roman was dragged along the street in front of dozens of terrified festival goers.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 6: Several men ran onto.
Speaker 7: The street and said hey, hey, hey, stop that, but the animal just continued attacking him. Uh, shoved him into a fence, drug him along the ground a little farther and then got got got got bored with the body and ran off.
Speaker 6: So bull one uh barro zero zero?
Speaker 9: Do they do anything with that bully?
Speaker 5: Do they specifically find that ball when they're done running with the bulls and they what.
Speaker 9: Killed them?
Speaker 3: Do they give them they take him to olive Garden?
Speaker 5: I mean, but do they single them out and say, oh, that one's a killer. It's like a great white shark.
Speaker 9: You have to like just get it out of the water for human.
Speaker 7: I do wonder if they like they say, hey, you know, old gym over there, he goes to the top of the list of bulls in the arena here, let's let's uh.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, he get right into the competitive arena. He has elevated himself. He's graduated into the top bowls, and I.
Speaker 7: Know all the other bulls give him the high hoof, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah. That's what sucks about bull fighting, or in this case they're running into the bulls, is if the bull wins.
Speaker 3: They should be rewarded, correct, right, but it is like, well, you're gonna die.
Speaker 4: They're going to kill you. They're going to stab you until you bleed out. Well wait a minute, I gored that mattador to death or at least what his wreck him or whatever.
Speaker 3: So it's like, shouldn't I win?
Speaker 4: Don't I get a bed of roses and a nice meal and maybe a lady bowl or two to half with good point? Doesn't the bull breeder sam a lady bull? Hey man, it's twenty six. Yeah, look yeah, that's the matador. I mean it looks it's right up there. It looks like he's turning them into a hand puppet. Oh oh oh god. That is That is the definition of just retire peacefully, faced off into the sunset. You don't need to fight more bulls. You did great, but don't do it.
Speaker 9: It's a legend had to come back.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, you know when they do bull riding at the rodeos, those bulls that are that can never be ridden on eight seconds, they're idolized. Yeah, they're retired, they are given. Yeah, they're getting studded out and that's where everybody. Everybody wants that salmon. But when it comes, when it comes to Tommy's ring.
Speaker 6: Why you went southern on that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, made its own less offensive than Southern.
Speaker 9: But it seem to be the case for the bullfighters.
Speaker 5: If the if the bullfighter is if the bulls always winning, don't you want to breed that bull.
Speaker 9: And be like we need to raise me like horse racing. Don't they tie those bulls nuts in radio radio? In the bull fighting they do?
Speaker 4: Ye?
Speaker 9: I don't think they do that in the bull fighting. They do the bull righting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what gets in the buck like that, Chris, Did we not learn that they do that in bull fighting?
Speaker 4: Don't they do? Yeah? They do both. They They basically sent him up to piss off the bull.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're angry.
Speaker 4: You guys.
Speaker 6: Ever had your testosterone tested?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I had mine done last week.
Speaker 9: Yeah, which you want to talk about your numbers?
Speaker 6: It was unbelievable.
Speaker 7: The lady actually over Olivia, she was like, you don't need anymore, you need chill out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you take a deep breast, man, we're going good and give you some estrogen.
Speaker 4: There's a bull shark over there. You're full of it.
Speaker 3: Good for you.
Speaker 6: I know, I couldn't believe it. I'm fifty five.
Speaker 4: Well Frank Thomas and Doug Flute say, after forty your tea like count goes down.
Speaker 6: Trying to get a grip of my te's with their lips.
Speaker 4: I mean god, Frank Thomas and Doug Flute, Yes they want something test.
Speaker 5: Wow, man, they used to healthy gonads over there. Really congratulations, let's here. It's all that happy baby in front of the sun.
Speaker 4: Right. What it is It's like when the when people go big game hunting in Africa, right, and it's like they pay a whole bunch of money and aids getting a truck and then they step out of the truck for two seconds and shoot something, right.
Speaker 9: Or like the guy that got trampled by an light.
Speaker 4: But it's like, okay, you just you got off of a truck and you shot something like That's if you hop off of a Safari truck and you find a lion and you choke them to death with your bare hands, then by all means, yeah, you get you are the new king of the Giant.
Speaker 9: You can drag that lion back home.
Speaker 3: And I'm not even really that mad at you.
Speaker 4: It's like, well, why did you kill that lion because you beat him in hand to hand combat? Yeah, right back in the day and the you know, the the savannahs of Africa. We had to fear lions constantly. R Now we are at the top of the food chain because we have guns and they don't. Well said, right, If you can stab one of death, good for you. Yeah. If you can kick one in the face and it's not unconscious, great, you were the king of the jungle. I don't have a lot of respect for people to just jump off the car and shoot him in the face. It's like, well, I could do that, it could Yeah, yeah, you do.
Speaker 3: You have an oedipist complex.
Speaker 4: Oh you have you have that?
Speaker 6: I got such testosterone, can't barely.
Speaker 3: Yeah send you.
Speaker 9: Yeah you could go over there and fight a lion, couldn't you.
Speaker 6: I'll try it, and then whoever wins is on top of what?
Speaker 8: Man, you're horny of the food chain, right, yes, yeah, obviously, what do you think.
Speaker 4: You need help? You thought?
Speaker 9: But you guys saw that video or that story of the big game hunter that got killed by the well talked about last week. Yeah, that's dumped. I mean, don't we all sort of and the we're in the same So you're like, well, good for the elephant.
Speaker 4: Good for the elephant, and again that elephant should not be like put down or youth inze because it killed a human. It's no, it defended its own territory or family and you lost. Yeah, you should be embarrassed.
Speaker 5: Do she doucher bag wants to pay of thousands of dollars to shoot that thing and that thing kills him.
Speaker 9: Well, you know what, that's that happens.
Speaker 4: It's nature.
Speaker 3: Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Speaker 4: Correct. Yeah, yeah, that's a Darwin award. There you go, you win, buddy. That was sports.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, we didn't do something.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go Viking's Heavy.
Speaker 4: When we come back, you get We'll get Ben's take on Caleb Banks and the rest of the twenty twenty six drafts.
Speaker 3: We'll talk Grenard trade and more with Ben Leber after this on the Fan.
Speaker 13: Fan you already listen, now watch the Fan check out the KF and YouTube for exclusive videos.
Speaker 2: And depth takes, initials and password gants and behind the scenes content.
Speaker 4: Starch kfean and you you've been had subscribed. Today it's time.
Speaker 7: For Vikings News on the Power Trip, presented by Yes that's right, ladies and gentlemen, you're Minnesota Vikings made it through the draft, and we came out on the other side with one less veteran linebacker and Jonath Grenard.
Speaker 4: One lonely girl.
Speaker 7: You speaking of lonely girls and Viking linebackers. Ben Lieber's here.
Speaker 4: With us, Hi Ben Hi?
Speaker 9: Ben?
Speaker 6: Yeah, liber Jonathan Grenard Gonde and.
Speaker 9: We loved him. We loved him.
Speaker 6: He was one of us.
Speaker 9: Gone too soon.
Speaker 7: I did like that Braziska came out and said listen. I mean he actually said the words I'm paraphrasing. I could probably find the audio, but I'd read the paraphrase. We know this doesn't make our team better, but we couldn't help it. Uh, the previous GM spent way too much money. I mean, yeah, correct, but you know, in reality we went for it. It didn't work, but you suffer the repercussions of it when you go for it, right, Yeah, I mean it's a bottom line.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The interesting thing about that is where would they sit with his contract if he wasn't asking for a raise.
Speaker 7: Maybe just fine right this year, next year, they would.
Speaker 9: Not correct, right right.
Speaker 5: So yeah, it's interesting that he would use specifically that sort of you know, phrasing, because you know for this year, they're fine with this contract and all that stuff. I think at first blush, I think we all can probably say that, man, I thought he was worth more than that, you know, I thought we'd get a little bit more value out of that, because he's a hell of a player, and he's a hell of a locker room guy. And you're right, we're gonna miss him dearly on the field and on the team. But we don't really know the dialogue of what his agent was saying and what he was saying to the team. If he said I'm absolutely not playing under this contract, if he's if he grand stands and says I'm not playing one snap until I get a new deal, well then you get what you can for him. And so in that, in that respect, you know, maybe it's not maybe it's not a poor exchange of value. It's like, listen, he wasn't going to play. We knew internally he wasn't gonna play for us anyway. So the fact that we got what we got from Philly anyway is a great deal. So that's that's some of the nuance to this deal that we don't really know. And and I'd like to think that he was we got a tremendous value for him based on the fact that his attitude was I'm not I'm not going to be here anyway, so just get what you can.
Speaker 6: I'm I'm not sure I'm right on this.
Speaker 7: I'm I'm inferring this from hearing what Guestling said on his podcast, The Start to Being Podcasts. They do access Vikings, I think is what it's called. They made it sound like Grenard's people. And Jonathan went to the Vikings and said, we want more money. The Viking said, we can't give it to you. If you want to go look and get yourself a better deal with another team, We're okay with it, right, We'll let you go. So, in other words, the Vikings were saying, we can't give you the money you want. We want you to be happy and it's going to be so go find it. Did they go find the deal themselves? Is that what an agent does?
Speaker 9: Well, that's the that's the whole idea of what an agent's supposed to do.
Speaker 7: But I mean, is he allowed to talk to other teams even though he's under contract, but only if the Vikings given permission?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think when they're given permission like that, and it becomes, you know, a kind of a well known thing that even still when things don't become public. That's what the Senior Bowl and that's what the Combines are. I mean, it's a chance for all the agents and all the executives to get together and start floating ideas about what could be and what could possibly be with their players. So yeah, I bet you there's a thousand stories and deals that didn't get done that we're probably talked about under the table and in a quote unquote tampering.
Speaker 9: But I think it's just how the how the business.
Speaker 4: Works now that Grenard is gone, How make or break is this season for day Turner's huge.
Speaker 5: I mean it's a chance for him to be a true three down player and see if he can can he can he carry the same amount of disruption and if not more than Grenard. And I think that's the one thing that where I'm going to miss about him was stat lines sometimes didn't always paint the picture of how well he played in individual games, like he he created a lot of chaos out there. He had he his disruption factor, which I think these websites are starting to now start to chart, is your disruption, your chaos factor. And he always seemed like he had a high grade whether or not he had a certain number of sacks or a certain number of tackles for loss or quarterback hurries. And I think that there was his numbers would be even even higher if there was some of those opportunities to bring down the quarterback.
Speaker 4: Because he was getting to the quarterback.
Speaker 5: He had unfortunately a lot of missed sacks where he would slide off the guy off the top of his shoulders or something like that. So he was getting to the quarterback. He was ultra effective. Can Dallas Turner do that now? When he's getting seventy five percent of the defensive snaps as opposed to what he's been getting up to this point?
Speaker 4: All right, what do you think of because I haven't heard your take yet, what do you think about Caleb Banks sixty six three twenty seven. That's a huge, you know what, the eighteenth overall pick. We obviously have heard a million different people say this is the biggest reach in round one. This is the biggest you know, boom or bust because of his injury concerns. That's like the headline, right, is that people just thought we overdrafted him. But what do you think about the actual tape, What kind of player can he be and how does he fit into Flores' defense?
Speaker 9: Well, I mean the tape speaks for itself.
Speaker 5: I mean, when he's when he's not dealing with his foot injury, he is a top ten talent regardless of position. I mean, he's probably a top ten player in this draft if he played, If he played a healthy season last year and we did didn't have this foot injury, shoot, he might even be a top five pick. There's no debating about his talent and his skill. Everybody across the board, I mean every analyst that broke down his tape. If you take the injury part out of it, if you take that red sticker off of the draft board next to his name, he's one of the most talented defensive players and maybe one of the most talented players in this draft period.
Speaker 9: End of story.
Speaker 5: So as long as again the health stuff checks out, and if they feel like this foot issue that he's had in the last ten months is not a chronic issue, this is an absolute steal where we got him. The fact that he's slid down to eighteen on the board and he has immense talent. It's says again the caveat is is this a chronic issue? And the reason why I think there is obviously something to consider and something to be worried about is if I understand the anatomy of his bone break, this is not a fifth metatarsal bone break. You see a lot of big body receivers, some tight ends, a lot of receivers and skill position guys that do a lot of agility and a lot of hard cutting will break that fifth metatarsal that is that is basically the midfoot of your pinky toe, and guys will break that because it's a stress injury because you're putting a lot of torque on that outside foot when you're planting. This particular break is your fourth meta tarsal, so it's your fourth toe. That's not necessarily an agility break. That's a pressure break. And unless unless we find out that he got stepped on and the bone maybe just didn't heal fully and then he and then he pushed off of it at the combine and rebroke it. If he got stepped on from somebody else, that's just a freak injury. But if it's a pressure break, just because your body's just so big and powerful, then that might be an issue going forward. But when we look at when they say and it's it seems flippant. It seems hyperbolic for the administration to come out and say, well, we have some of the best doctors in the in the nation, if not the world, when they say that, that's not that's not just big words. I'm assuming doctor Cotesia, the foot and ankle guy at at TCO, looked at his stuff and reviewed all this stuff. He is regarded as one of the best foot and ankle guys in the world. People from all over the world come to Minneapolis to see this doctor and get second and third opinions into surgeries and operations by doctor Cotia.
Speaker 9: So my assumption is that he evaluated all this stuff. If he gives him the green light and gives the team the green light, then I have full faith that this is not going to be a long term issue.
Speaker 3: Did a consult with doctor Schole at all?
Speaker 4: I'm assuming somewhere down the line, I would think that you have to, Yeah, if they truly did their due diligence, Well do you think you would have to? For sure?
Speaker 3: This guy's six six three twenty seven. What a huge monster.
Speaker 4: This dude is. All right, So we don't play revisionist history in a year or two or three from now when we know exactly how Caleb Banks's health goes. If you're the GM ben, what would you have done at eighteen the way the draft fell when the bikes were on the board again when the bikes were on the board at eighteen, So theeneman is still there, Banks is obviously what would you have done? Personally? Would you have rather had theenem in? Or you cool with this?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 9: I I kind of said this after during the draft show and all that.
Speaker 4: I think that.
Speaker 5: My thought on building any team is through the trenches. I loved our pick last year because look, you have to have a good offensive line. You have to solidify the offensive line. And then what do we see time and time again when our offense line wasn't good and we were getting beat, we were getting beat in the trenches? What did we see with Kirk Cousins And we're like, oh my gosh, we got to get a better center, we got to get better guards because we consistently get pushed up the middle and we get all this disruption, the chaos from the defensive line and all this other stuf, so I would much rather have I've always sort of pounded the table that you build your defense from the inside out.
Speaker 9: You have to have a rockstar defensive front.
Speaker 5: Let me ask you, guys, if you're scouting a team, would you rather be intimidated by their defensive front or by be intimidated by their secondary. I would much rather be intimidated or I I would much rather have an intimidating defensive front than versus an intimidating secondary. I know that there's guys like Ed Reid out there, and I know that there's individual players that say, like, damn, that guy's a tone setter, He's going to knock dude's teeth out going across the middle.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's an individual. But when you look.
Speaker 5: Consistently across the board, I want my front four and five guys to be mf ers that scare everybody that you play. Because of this makes it easy to play defense on the back end better, Yeah, easier.
Speaker 4: Is there a player on the Vikings current roster that should be the most disappointed about the draft in terms of what it means for their current job?
Speaker 9: I mean, anybody on the defensive line, I think, you know, probably should be.
Speaker 4: You know, they gotta.
Speaker 5: They woke up today with a little heightened sense of purpose, you know, like, Okay, all right, I see the competition that's come in and I know these guys, these guys immediately are stealing reps from me. So I have to go into this into into the OTA's and mini camp, in training camp of I can't miss a single rep. And whether that's El Presidente, you know, whether that's Redman. I mean, listen, Redman's not guaranteed, you know, a season beyond this season, so he still has a lot to prove. Based on the draft that that just happened. Any of the safety is not named Harrison Smith, sure there's gonna be. Now, you know, the the kid out of Miami is you know, he's gonna get some opportunities, but not as much as if he was a Day one, Day two pick, you know. But I definitely think that based on what we've seen out of his college tape, that kid can play, and he's got the attitude I think that they're looking for, and very much seems like a Brian Flores type of type of mentality to go out there and and succeed, so still got a lot to learn. Obviously there's a lot of nuance to this defense. But yeah, those guys in that safety position, for sure. I think they probably woke up today and say, all right, game on. I guess I got to go out and earn my job every day.
Speaker 7: Do you think we go and find a veteran free agent wide receiver? I think trade for one.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 5: Now that you know we we shed we shed that Grenard contract, yep, we have some money to spend a little bit. I think that we'll probably start looking at the free agents that are available.
Speaker 6: Do you know, I don't know, I too expensive?
Speaker 4: Is he a free agent on a team?
Speaker 9: I think that he's a free agent.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: And what's the other one that they is a Juwan Jenny's Yeah, from from the Niners. I know that Pa has been on him since day one.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 5: Then you then you've got who was in who was in Arizona Hopkins. Yeah, you know he's been sort of lobbying quietly and loudly about coming here. So uh yeah, I think I think for the most part, we are not done shopping around free agency wise, and I don't think that's necessarily the only position we'll probably be looking at. But it gets it gets real tight now because you can only bring ninety into camp and I'm not sure where our total numbers are right now after all the free agents that got signed, but a lot of players I know, So now it becomes just you know, hands selecting just a few here and there because the roster is pretty tight.
Speaker 4: Nailed it?
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, exactly, I hope.
Speaker 5: So I don't know, I'm I am very I know everybody at this point in time is looking at their draft, and you know, you can you can make arguments why it's it's a great draft, and I do feel like I feel really really comfortable with who we drafted, how we drafted them, the strategy behind it. Now, these guys just have to go out and improve themselves. I mean, every single one of these guys have to go out there and prove themselves. We don't know what this draft is going to look like for another probably season and a half to two seasons. Look, we're still writing the first page on Dallas Turner, you know.
Speaker 6: So one more thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, sorry, And listening to that podcast again that I always listen to. Those guys are really really good the three of them, Been and his two cohorts, Andrew Kramer.
Speaker 4: And Dusty mon Is great.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry anyway, but they were bringing up the fact that we brought this coach in from Miami and he likes a lot of speed on his offense. Obviously look what he did in Miami with Tyreek and all those guys, right, And he talked about this this kid we drafted, this running back we drafted running at four to three seven claim. Do you think the offense changes a lot in that direction where we start dipping and duncan and get the ball to people out of the backfield and see what they can do with it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't. I think that. What's the guy's name, uh, the guy they took.
Speaker 7: The coach they brought in. It's a real plane name like Jim Smith or something like that.
Speaker 5: Well, anyway, you look, I think when you look at our offense in general, Frank Smith, Yeah, yeah, Frank Smith, I think in general, especially at the running back position, why wouldn't you want to have a game breaker?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 5: You know, I think we've we've lacked game breaking speed for the last several years. And whether that happens on a swing pass or whether that happens on a screen pass or down the field the passing game. I just think the threat of having a guy that can get through that first line of defense and make a guy miss and be a home run hitter. It's something that we have missed, and I don't think it's I don't think it's often specific. I think a lot of teams are looking for that.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 5: Obviously there's a balance between the two. You look at what Seattle did you know that's not necessarily you know, their philosophy all going all the way back to Marshawn Lynch was just a little bit more of Hey, we're going to go downhill, we're gonna pick up some tough yards and we're going to get We're going to kind of attack these guys at the line of scrimmage and make them feel the pain of our running game.
Speaker 9: And that's worked for them.
Speaker 5: But they got Look, they got a little a little faster, a little bit more athletic with their running back selection out of Notre Dame and then the bottom half of the first round, so they kind of stuck with stuck with their ethos a little bit. But they're still looking for a guy that can make some plays down the field, and I think that we're no different regardless of who's that quarterback. It doesn't matter if JJ wins out or Winz is back there or you know, Murray's back there.
Speaker 9: It doesn't matter. Just find a guy that that can break the game open.
Speaker 3: Were the Packers in this draft at all?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 3: Did they even show up?
Speaker 6: Yes they were there. They make any pick and then they pulled a hockey.
Speaker 4: Yeah they did. They pulled the hockey. Uh fanned five and a second headlines later, This is the power Trim Morning Chill on the Fan.