Speaker 1: The News Junkie starts now. It is Tuesday, July fourteenth to twenty twenty six. Lots to get to today, from some big show news to World Cup. Freddie is back after getting canceled online in Mitch McConnell's viral photos starts a new controversy. Plus your calls, dispatches, emails, text, Sam more Seaway is here indeed, and so are you. You can send us a dispatch. Go over to the Neewsjunkie dot com hit record on your first dispatch today. You can also watch the show on YouTube and Twitch dot tv. Slash the News Junkie. Your message is rolling right at the studio in real time, and it is friends a Share the Show Tuesday, all right, alright though, yes it means you. You shared the show in a Share the Show Tuesday. You tell people about this fine radio station. Yes, indeed you still have to tell people, but the radio station where you're listening to this show and how much you love it. You take the station that you're listening to and you put it number one presets front of the line. Right, what's it's it called bookmark top pre set on the iHeart radio app. Yeah, you do that. You put it to the top pre set and the top on top left of your iHeart Radio app. And then of course you just like the stream and do a million different things. You share the show, want to share the show Tuesday. We hope you're all doing well today. How are you see that? I'm good. I feel like we're both a little hectic today. It is one of those.
Speaker 2: You had, like a kind of a busy morning. I was, I was running slightly behind, and then I had this really awkward, uh, get out to my driveway moment, because what.
Speaker 1: Do you mean, like like your wife said, get out of the house. Gone. No.
Speaker 2: Today in my neighborhood is yardway today, which is not not a day that I typically take part in. Like I don't have a lot of waste that I aside from my trash business.
Speaker 1: Down up perfect yard everybody.
Speaker 2: That's definitely not true. But we did some work over the weekend because we you know, we had some crazy weather last week that took out like some large tree branches, so I got to get a chainsaw on my hands, you know, like fun stuff.
Speaker 1: My god, I don't have this giant pile of crap at the end of my driveway, like I never have anything out there, and now I have a gigantic pile. And as I'm walking out to my car, they were backing it in to load it all, and I that pinned. I know it's their job, but now I have to actively sit there and watch them do my bidding. Did you trash trash? Did you say listen trash people, big radio star here on the way to kick off the news junkie radio show for a lovely day here, So maybe get out of my way, you absolute prs. This is the way he talks, not Me's me talk like that at all. I felt really bad that I had like the biggest pile on the block for them. Sorry, sorry, sorry, Maybe they thought it was impressive. Let's put our ears to the ground, our fingers on the pulse, let's see what's happening to this great, big, wide world of ours. And we go to a baseball game going viral, and I'm gonna tell you my alarm bells, folks are going off on this. My alarm bells are going off in a pretty significant way, just because I think, could someone be this dumb? However, I always remind myself, Yeah, it's twenty twenty six. There's a lot of dumb people we see on the internet every day. You see them, I see them. We know that they absolutely exist, so maybe this is indeed real. Here's what happened at the little league game. I'll explain. As the pitch comes in, I walk away from it all right. As you might have seen if you're watching over on YouTube dot com Slash the news junkie, the catcher for the this litle league game, took a shot right to the crotched. Yeah, yeah, right right into the crotch, and he doubles over. And some of you know exactly what I'm talking about. This is inerts. It's tough, and it takes a little while to recover from this. I've never taken a baseball, but uh, you know, I I you remember, like other times getting hit in the nuts, there's like usually just a pregnant pause right before the pain hits you. Then all of a sudden it just unloads. Yeah, and this guy, the umpire gets hit right in the crotch in this first shot that comes through. All right. It's a little bit later in the game again, right in the crotch, same game, same umpire, right there in the in the spot you don't want it to happen. We're watching a sterilization on YouTube. Is this little kid like, is this guy dating the pitcher's mother? The little kid who's pitching at the mound, He's like, yeah, yeah, you want to date my mom, Randy. Here's what's gonna happen. That's two. Now to the crotch, all right, doubled over hurting. This one really took him out, because the second shot to the jewels is gonna take a little while to recover from. But we're not done, folks. Now the ump even seems a little hesitant behind the plate. They settling and why not? Of course? Yeah, he's got his hands on his hips. I might have them somewhere else, maybe just a little more protectively placed. But here comes another pitch right to the crotch again. I've brought count. That's three. This time the ump doubles over and the parents have to uh to approach home play because this guy got hit three times. I don't know, I mean, is that possible? Three times you get hit in the in the crowd?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Does that mean his balls are out? I like, you mean not? You just have a cup on? Is that what you're suggesting? Oh, I'm in free strikes, like I don't know. I only know I'm never doing this job. I'm never ever taking this gig on I. They wear a cup, right, I would expect, unless I would have, I mean, after the second shot to the nuts, I think I would have like maybe kind of looked around and like, does anybody have a cup I can borrow?
Speaker 2: Which is not usually a thing you borrow from another man, but in this, in this case, it seems like he's got a target between his.
Speaker 1: Legs after the second shot. I would absolutely entertain even borrowing an athletic supporter from another person. At some point, you got to do something about this. Although it is funny, it brings me back to when you would play these sports in your youth, and there was something at that time, a really toxic thing actually, where young guys would be like, I'm not wearing a cup. That's lame, man, I'm not wearing a cup. And he'd be like, oh, you're well, hold on, you're too cool to wear a cup. Wearing a cup is cool? Was it because it was lame or because it was uncomfortable? Both? It was a combo with it. Both you're like, it's not stupid.
Speaker 2: I never found it to be that lame, but there was definitely like an adjustment period, and then there was a couple There was a couple of times in the getting used to wearing a cup adjustment period that I would be doing the karate.
Speaker 1: I mean, you'd be doing the sidekicks and then.
Speaker 2: The punch, and then all of a sudden, I feel my cup is has come loose of the jockstrap and is trying to make its way down my pant leg.
Speaker 1: It's dangerous. Like we're on I need to go somewhere, so we're not like I'm taking a lap and my cup just drops out of the leg. To our umpires and referees listening to the show today, we invite you in is this a common occurrence? Are you wearing a cup? What is the you know, what is the situation that you're facing If you're this guy, poor gentleman is going very viral today, but I don't envy him in that moment. Let us know what you think. Send a dispatch over at the Newsjunkie dot com or an email tips at the Neewsjunkie dot com. Right now, we find ourselves in a really interesting situation with this Mitch McConnell's story that I just I want to ask you a little twist on this folks today, you in particular, I want to ask you what you think about this, because Mitch McConnell has been mi IA for like a month in Washington, right, and he's totally off the grid. There's these emergency calls from his house. Mitch McConnell says, I'm fine, And at first he reaches out to somebody who was an employee over at CNN, to the on air talents at CNN, and he says they had a conversation, He's good to go. And then he talked to another elected official as well, John Thune. I think he talked too, but he didn't do. What I said was just like, hey, why don't you just call the TV station live and prove that you're breathing right now, that you're alive. It's been a month, there's like all this speculation that you're dying. And then, like we mentioned yesterday, CNN further clarified that that was in fact just a story that their guy told and not official CNN reporting. They wouldn't even stand by that. Yeah, Yeah, what a piece of s move that they didn't like their own reporting, I guess on the topic. But then I see this is the Washington Post today and it says Mitch McConnell took a photo with that day's newspaper. The internet has questions and it shows the proof of life photo from Mitch McConnell and his wife in the hospital and he's got like sort of casually laid over his leg the newspaper from that morning, and it's sort of a proof of life thing. And the question I started to ask myself is is there any one hundred percent legitimate way to prove that you are real and live and alive in twenty twenty six? Is there any way, like if there was somebody, let's say, there was something crazy somebody who was in the past reported dead, Elvis Presley, if you will, and Elvis Presley pops up and goes, folks a lot about my death and he says, I've been alive the whole time. How in twenty twenty six, is there a way you can undeniably prove that you are alive in breathing in that moment Because the newspaper didn't cut it, he put out the newspaper picture and people were like, no, uh huh. See Anon, a mouse on TJ Chat says you could totally make that pick with AI, and that's what they said. That's what these people ended up saying, It says. On Monday night, The Post review to copy of the original foot provided by Mitch McConnell's office at the Post request and found that its metadata appears the show it was taken. Sunday, an independent digital forends it's expert says, there appear to be no evidence that the image is fake. It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter because people saw it and they go, did they think this shows that Mitch McConnell is alive right now? No, they thought, I can't believe things that my I see anymore. AI could easily recreate that photograph. AI could easily say and Washington Post put the paper in my hand, and that doesn't prove you're really alive.
Speaker 2: And it's actually getting easier by the minute for AI to recreate it because so many people are loading it into AI and having Mitch McConnell hop out of the bed and do jumping jacks or or any number of break dancing moves. Just some shoot really great, Oh come on when don't show that, but do show this? Hang on, this is what Sealan's talking about. Here's an example.
Speaker 1: Time to get back in shape. Okay, for those of you listening along, Mitch McConnell. In this video, the photo comes to life. He gets right out of the chair in the hospital. He's got a six pack. He picks up some dumbbells and starts lifting and there you go. But Bootsy says over on Twitch, I think it's a real photo. People are still very split on whether they believe it or not. So I ask you this question today on the show. Is there a way you can absolutely, without doubt, prove that you're alive in twenty twenty six, something that people wouldn't react to and say, Nope, that's a photograph, it's fake. Well, but he's got the newspaper from today. It doesn't matter. AI could put the newspaper from today in my hands to prove that I'm alive. Well, what if I start a stream? If I'm in the studio and I start a stream and I say the date, does that really prove that I'm alive in that moment? I Mean, the only thing I can think of is if I was to start a broadcast at a live baseball game, and you could see that the live baseball game was also going onto the background, and you could confirm by watching the broadcast of the live baseball game and me and my live broadcast to see the people on band. Dude, you could still fake that. How do you prove that you're absolutely alive in twenty six I think you.
Speaker 2: Know it's hard to prove to the broader audience. But if I just needed to prove to you the mission McConnell was alive, I could just bring him into your studio and have him smack you in the face.
Speaker 1: I'm still gonna be well, yeah, that I would believe that. I would believe he came in my studio and slap me in the face. I'd be like, that's Mitch McConnell. The technology is not good enough that he could be a robot and pass off as a human. Right yet? Mind you yet see already people on YouTube. Jego says, Sean is not real? I am, though, but how do I prove it? Right now? How do here? My phone says the date and the day and the time. But does that good?
Speaker 2: You could do something in real time? It would it would have to be something really drastic, like that couple that climbed up the Empire State Building right there. It's like seven TV channels, there was helicopters, there was everything pointed cameras at these people.
Speaker 1: They were no doubt alive. That was sure. But that's so much effort. I can't do that. I can't pull it off. Like a couple that. I don't say you can climb anything. I can't. I just can't pull it off if if I have to do something that elaborate. But here's another example. Media Ie has this headline Nobody's buying this, TMZ joins critics casting doubt on the Mitch McConnell photo. So TMZ wants clicks. Yeah, I don't know that I would see them as respectable in this at all. But I will absolutely tell you, like, this is an outlet coming out and they're going nobody's buying this, nobody thinks this is real. So I said, well, he put a photo out there. I said that he should just call into Fox News because we would identify his voice and we would see him having a real interaction with the anchor or hear it at least, and maybe that would prove. But that's what I want to ask you today. How do you do it? What's the absolutely rock solid way to prove with all the AI out there that you're alive in twenty twenty six. Let us know what you think. Over on thenewsjunkie dot com a couple of emails to get us started here today, Eric emails the show. He says, good afternoon, junkies, Hello, Eric, how are you Sean? I got to say, when it comes to team politics, you are one hundred percent right. Somebody wanted somebody once said, if you want fair elections, get rid of the R and D next of people's names on the ballot and people will know the individual. And I couldn't agree more. Team politics is the problem with your solution of paying through the nose for senators and congressman. They're already paid much better than the national average, so it's a good paying job. And can you name me a senator that doesn't come out as a millionaire no matter how much money they had going in. Well, a lot of the people who become rich through politics become rich through politics because they stay around for decades and decades and decades and on and on. They go so that kind of goes to my point. But the problem is the team sports that choose the next candidate. It's nearly impossible to be an upstart out of nowhere and get anywhere in American politics because of all the campaign finance issues. You have to choose a side anyhow, That's my take. Have a great day, says Eric. Thank you. Eric. Lindsey emails the show. Hey, guys, listening to Monday's podcast, and you guys were talking about how Lindsey Graham died and all the conspiracies around Aron in Russia maybe being responsible for this. Well everybody was saying that made my mind go the other way. I think, and hear me out on this. I think that it was Israel, says the emailer who took out Lindsey Graham. Now keep in mind the doctors say he had some sort of heart issue and that's what they claim took them out. I just think the health of these senator is a strange coincidence, very very close in time. Who knows what's going on here. The one thing they want is to have the US long term involved in this Iran conflict. The best way to do that is to pull it. Trump's heart strings. You kill his friend and make it look like it was the Iranians that did it. That'll keep them engaged. Love the show, says Andre, Thank you Andre, And finally talking about Key Wes, Jeremy says, there are two Key West experiences walking around kind of sucks. However, it's a ten out of ten on a scooter. Choose that experience. Deep fried key lime Pie, by the way, is way better than actual key Lime Pie. I enjoyed hanging out with the polydactyl six toad cats at the Hemingway House. You could just hang out there like you own the joint. Keep up the work, JJ, thank you for the email that opens the door for you to join us on the show today. Tips tips at the newsjunki dot com. You can email the show if you want to be anonymous. Put that right on top. Get the emails, the dispatches, and so much more. Fired Up, We got a couple of pick asides for you. We got a lot of big news to get into over the course of the show. Freddie is back. He really enthralled the United States by being enthralled by the United States as he was touring the country and just so excited about everything here in America. Then he got canceled. The stuck him. They tried to get rid of him. They tried to say, look what Freddie said. It's controversial, and they're whining about this online, and I said, screw this. This guy seems like a nice dude. But he's back. We'll tell you what's happening with him now. And the theory I have about Freddie, the viral World Cup guy that's coming up next on the news Chunky, I know some of you are still not won over by the World Cup people. I think people getting to know more about the world and the world getting to know more about the United States of America is a good thing. Why Because we're good, you know, we're good people. We're doing a good job. We're not perfect. Nobody's perfect, no culture is perfect, but we're trying and we're doing a good job I think in the United States of America. So the world seeing that could be a very positive thing. They don't always see that reflected in the media that they take in, and it's been really cool to see some people react to that, like that guy Freddie from x dot Com, slash Twitter, whatever you'd like to call it. These days and Freddie, if you didn't catch on, was this German guy and nobody knew what he looked like or anything. But he was touring the United States and posting about his experience, and he was so won over by America. Not big cities in Times Square, but like small town America, going through these smaller towns, meeting the people that he said were so friendly, having the food that they are all bowled over by all these World Cup people bowled over by and spending their money in the United States of America until Freddie got canceled. And you know, now Freddie's back quote unquote, yeah, yeah, yeah. Well we'll get into that whole drama a second, but just so you guys know, people like this Freddie guy who's gone very viral and all these other tourists that come over to the United States, they're spending a lot of money, a lot of money in our country. Here's an example of this. Let me see, I hope I could play this. He let's stay by the dump button just in case the Calshey people went around and asked the tourists how much money did you spend for your World Cup vacation in the United States? It was way more than I thought. You have any guesses on your side sea land, but there were one big vacation. They're big long vacation. We know that a couple of weeks at least three grand okay, three thousand dollars, that's about what the keys is going to cost. Just for the record. But let's see how much Calshi finds these people are spend much if you spend on your trip in total, my father everything so outwards of one hundred k. What is the budget breakdown?
Speaker 4: Mainly the good hotels like four seasons, the w's I'm not saying in no little AMBI, what do you do for a living?
Speaker 1: Supported by the family? About two hundred and fifty kN it took off like a whole month. What do you do for a living? Two hundred and fifty k? This guy, the first guy, one hundred thousand dollars to spend to go around the United States of America. Holy cow. The second guy's is two hundred fifty thousand dollars. And of course, of course both of them say their job is my family. Yeah, my job is being supported by family. Like what bro, where do I put in an application for that? How do I how do I get that gig? Is this not for the rest of us as normal people? Can we not have that gig? Because that is a lot of money? One hundred thousand dollars two hundred and fifty thousand dollars? Yeah, look me up.
Speaker 5: We don't find out that for work over fifty thousand, Probably I'm gonna be up to about one hundred ks.
Speaker 1: What do you do for a living? Co founder of an AI company self driving cars bid less than one hundred rend What do you do for a living? I am in university forty fifty kai. What do you do for a living? This kid's in college. He's in college and he said just a little less than one hundred thousand dollars. Yeah, but look at how his answer is supposed to is starting my family? My family? Yeah, yeah, like every one of them. They're like rich from their families over here. We'll take your money, though. I'll get back to Freddy in a bit. I just wanted to show you, guys how much you cost. Family has a kangaroo mate packing business mate, what do you get here for a living? I don't believe him. He sounds like his family has a kangaroo meat packing facility that's kinder room mate. Is there a lot of competition for that? I don't know necessarily, maybe where his family is from. You have a lot of kangaroo by and it's expensive, so you can make a lot of money, and then you can tour the United States for a hundred thousand dollars. And this is another woman saying, how about you, cause I'll spend upbout one hundred and fifty thousand. What do you do for a living?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: We own I owned results fifty eight. What do you do for a living? I have two companies?
Speaker 7: He also has a companies, A big company to have.
Speaker 1: Two hundred k? What do you do for a living? My family owns son, I got a farm ninety thousand dollars? So what do you do for a living? Cryptal client stage? I don't know what it is, but they make a lot of money.
Speaker 5: What do you do?
Speaker 1: Clip the concert? Are you kidding me? Folks? Are they getting ripped off? Like? There's no place in America that I couldn't go for like under five thousand dollars? All right, Like for a week I could go to almost everything. One guy, he's not staying at airbnbs. He wants the fancy hotels, the four seasons. The w's even the four season in let let's let's take all right, let's go the four seasons. Is our four seasons in New York City. That's got to be right. Sure, let's take four seasons Hotel New York City a night? Are we maybe two thousand dollars a night? Where he can't be talking more than that, can't we?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I'm looking at this one here, this one there, this one says it's averaging nineteen hundred to night right now.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, that is expensive and they are staying for a long time. MFQ on YouTube says, this sounds like too much. Well, hell yeah, it does. Of course, it sounds like too much. Even the guy who's like twenty five thirty thousand dollars, that's so much money, my god. So there they are. They're spending a lot of cash over here. And this guy, Freddy came over from Germany and he was just amazed at how things were in small town Georgia, going through Alabama into Mississippi. He was having a blast. And then people on the internet that are super political losers again, rig yourself of the most annoying people on the planet. By just ignoring the super political people, you'll feel a whole lot better afterwards, I guarantee it. Freddie comes to the United States, chronicles his whole plan, and these losers start combing through all of his posts. They find a post that they find to be controversial. It wasn't controversial at all. It was something like being judging somebody on the basis of the color of their skin is discriminatory by nature. So discriminating somebody who's white based on the color of their white skin is also discriminatory by nature. Something like that. That was the essence of the post, which is just plainly true, and everybody with the brain knows it. But people tried to do the cancel thing forgetting its twenty twenty six and we're kind of over some of that. But Freddie is back. He shut down all his accounts. Now he's back, and I have a theory. Freddie says, hello again. We're currently in Clemson, South Carolina. I've just to come back here to document the final part of our road trip. The mean reason, the main reason I deactivated my account two weeks ago is that things became increasingly toxic for some people. It's unfortunately unfathomable that a good story can exist without some kind of hidden agenda behind it. There was even a Reddit group going through my entire account trying to find anything they could to reveal my identity. Typical Reddit behavior, You Reddit folks, not all of you, not all of you, but you know who I'm talking about. Some of you over there, They go, Oh, is somebody having a good time here? Let's fire up the good time siren and put a stop to this right now, please, For God's sake, I decided to continue, Freddy says because I realized the overwhelming majority of people loved following along. A small group of very loud people shouldn't be able to ruin something that brought so many others joy pause, clap, Yes, yes, a small group of people should not be able to ruin everybody else's time. Oh my god, just take that in for a second, like this is this can explain so many things that happen in our society right now. Yeah, a small group of very loud people shouldn't be able to ruin something that brought so many others Joyce. So he's back. But I also want to clear something up as people who follow me on Instagram already know I've been to the United States before. This is not my first visit, and I never claimed that it was. The last time I was here was in twenty twenty two, when I visited New York and Philadelphia. A lot of people shared my raising canes posts from November twenty twenty five to make it look like I was secretly an American. That post wasn't from the United States. It was from my trip to Saudi Arabia. So they're trying to raising canes in Saudi Arabia. I guess I didn't know that until right now. They said, let me tell you, Ohio and Alabama are very different from New York City or Los Angeles. True, Freddy, if you have any questions, feel free to ask. Thanks for reading, and he's back in the United States for the last bit of the World Cup. My theory, I don't know if this is true. I think Freddye of World Cup tweeting fame might have a camera crew with him. He has not revealed his face in any of these photographs. Yet He's been treated like a king. He's been offered flights to make it to games by every major corporation possible. He got to tour the spacecraft that just went around the Moon. He got to get inside it. They gave him a phone and he got to FaceTime that astronauts on the space station live. The guy has been VIP but anonymous at the same time. I think somebody might be filming him for a documentary. That's my guess. I think he's back and I think he might have cameras with him this time. That's what my guess is as to what's happening here. But Freddy's bad to him with him before. I don't know because he has never showed his face. He has never showed his face in this mix.
Speaker 6: It.
Speaker 2: Even in the clip where he was facetiming the astronaut, we didn't see his face.
Speaker 1: No, no, they like they framed everything around that and did not reveal where he was boots. He agrees Freddy's in audi he's filming a documentary. I think that's what's happening here. I think he's like, let me really strike while the iron is hot, and let me do a documentary about loving America, getting to discover the real America, getting to discover small town America, and people will eat that up. I think that's my guest. That's what I think is going on here. But you can tell us what you think. Send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com, by.
Speaker 2: The way to kind of recap one of the things we were talking about just a second ago. Yeah, I'm looking at the rates at the Four Seasons Hotel in New York. Yeah, and Saturday night and Sunday night. I think maybe possibly World Cup related. They are completely sold out. But if I wanted to just stay there, if I wanted to stay there Friday night, there are two sweets available.
Speaker 1: How much are the sweets? They're more than two thousand dollars. One of them is one of the junior suites Sweet. The Sweet rate is forty nine to ninety five for the night, or two hundred extra dollars if I want breakfast in bed. I've got to pay for breakfast in bed after paying five grand for the night.
Speaker 2: They want two hundred extra dollars for room service for the Now here's the other suite. Now, tell me, tell me what you think. Right, this is the not so junior Sweet ceiling right, this is the Taie Warner Penthouse.
Speaker 1: All right, it's forty three hundred square feet. It is on the fifty second floor, which means three hundred and sixty degree view of the city uptown, downtown, Midtown. Your Castle in the clouds four glass balconies set on a diagonal to the north south east west grid of Manhattan, capturing distinctive views. Oversized single pane windows, glass railings ensure your sight line is uninterrupted. Oh my god, this sounds nice. That would pay that would take you just for to stay there one night this Friday, eighty thousand dollars. Oh my god, do they still charge you for the breakfast bride? I hope not. That would be preposterous. It would be, but I don't think I'd put it past them.
Speaker 2: I would if I would leave so many one star reviews on every website that I could find, and then I would make a new website that reviews stuff just to give them more one star reviews.
Speaker 1: Big thanks, by the way, I see gifted subscriptions coming in to the newsjunkie dot com and the app from Bradwallace Reeltor with fourteen gifted subscriptions. Go claim yours for full access to the website, the ability to send in those text to speech dispatches that you heard yesterday, including the very famous Italian Mobster game, all the voices unlocked and also unlocking secret shows are weekly uncensored shows for you. Thank you to Brad Wallace Reeltor for the fourteen gifted subscriptions. Claim yours for free courtesy a Brad Oer on the News Junkie dot com. Let's keep those going. I want to see big support for the show today quick break when we come back, I have an update on a story we've been talking about. I did not expect that we would get this update, but we have it for you. We also have an announcement in the Power Hour coming up later on today, an announcement about the show that's coming up in a bit and a whole lot more, and Saul coming up next on the News Junkie. I have a question for you. It's an update on a story we talked about and I wasn't expecting to see this today, but I'm interested in your take on this. Seelan. If you're on a flight when you're sitting usually said, I would imagine next to your wife, right, I would imagine, yeah, sit next to each other, unless there's some bizarre reason why you should be separated from one another on this flight.
Speaker 2: I don't know if we've ever been separated on a flight. Uh yeah, we usually booked together once in a while. If there has been times where we've gotten a whole row and we've left like the middle seat empty, yeah, yeah, because either she'll put up her legs or she just wants the space for stuff.
Speaker 1: Does she have a lockdown on one seat or another? From my experience, courtey is going to sit on the aisle seat. I am No matter what I'm I'm not gonna get the aisle seat. I'm I'm probably not gonna get the window seat either. She's one hundred percent not sitting in the middle, So I have to sit in the middle. I have to sit in the middle. Every single time, she'll go, I want to send in the aisle. What if I have to use the restroom and it's convenient. You don't want to interact with the flight attendant anyway. She'll she'll make it sound like it's something I want, But she always wants to sit on one seat or the other.
Speaker 2: I think she usually like actually usually defers to me if the aisle seat is available, mostly because I'm more likely to get up and go to the bathroom. I have the longer legs, you know, if I need to stretch or something, it's just a little bit easier me. Climbing over people, especially if they're strangers involved, is not a pleasant experience for anybody.
Speaker 1: So I just kind of it.
Speaker 2: It's like I kind of have default shotgun in a lot of cars. Like nobody just nobody will even talk about it. They're just like, you go up, you're up front, You're the.
Speaker 1: Up I mean, let's be real here, and when I say that, you are a man who needs some leg room, I mean. Seiland's a very tall guy. For those you knew to the show, Yeah, Sea lands six foot five or something. He's like a six foot four. He's massively tall. Guys four inches taller than me, but no one would ever notice. People generally think after meeting the both of us, I thought Sean was taller. I thought he was a more intimidating force to reckon with.
Speaker 2: Actually, now most of the people who have met us are going only four. I could have sorn it with five. He seems like a five inch taller.
Speaker 1: I'm not five to eleven. I ever ready six foot. So the story that we talked about was this Ryanair flight to get to the point here. And on this Ryanair flight, this guy, the Serbian dude was cruising along just like you are. Most times, you got that little window slide up and then as you know, and I know, there's the outside window glass and then the inside window glass. And on this flight, both of them broke right through. Both of them blasted right through at like thirty five thousand feet or whatever. And what it sounds like, do you have you heard it? To check your surprise. It's a t story as long as it flies.
Speaker 8: Wilde and as you find a guess, we're back on a plane.
Speaker 1: I thought we were gonna get some content instead of the thing that makes fun of me for talking about plane stories all the time. I thought we were gonna get some actual content of the guy getting sucked out of the plane. Then I thought, is he going to use the text to speech feature that we've been talking about. He's gonna do it as the Italian mobster getting pulled out of the plane or the sexy lady boys. I thought all the things were gonna happen except for say, for that, but this was a Ryanair flight. The guy his window blasts out and he gets sucked through all the way up to like the center point of his body. And his wife starts speaking with him, which you know, seems difficult to begin with, boom, because I am imagining to hear me, he's like stuck in the plane window. The plane windows around his mid section and his head's outside. And she says afterwards, here was a quote from this story. If we die, we died together, she said, which is so sweet sounding. Wife of ryanair passenger almost sucked through windows speaks, this is Milana. This is the guy that we talked about yesterday, yeah, or the other when the story broke originally. Now his wife is speaking out. She says, she grabbed her husband's legs while he was outside up to his chest for two minutes. Two minutes, yeah, two minutes time he was out there, like think about the plane at cruising altitude, the windows blast out and you're stuck at your waist for two minutes. A woman who saved her husband from being completely sucked out of a plane said, she thought, as she held undo his legs, if we die, we died together. Half of his body was sticking out of the plane. I immediately reacted and grabbed his legs. He was outside up to his chest for about two minutes. She said, with the help of two passengers, she was able to pull her husband, who had lost consciousness three times, back inside the aircraft. She said many people had fled their seats to other parts of the plane for safety as the cabin decompressed. The couple were on the flight operated by Ryan Ayir when this all occurred. The passengers have told the local media that he had kept his seatbelt on and those on board I kept hold of him while his upper torso was in the plane's slipstream outside. He's still in the hospital seriously injured. But his wife said, I was telling him I loved him and I was going to try to do our best. If we die, we died together. Now here's one thing I want to just throw out there. I'm not trying to be a jerk about this, but there's no way he heard any of this. So afterwards she could have totally made up everything. She said, I see what you're saying. Afterwards she could be like, oh, honey, I was saying, please please, if we die, we died together. And during the moment she could have been like I don't know, just push him out like nobody knows what the hell really happened, and they'll never know. He couldn't hear anything. Imagine being out there in the air.
Speaker 2: He lost consciousness three times and right now I think they said he still can't communicate or something like. He's a hospital in Greece. Damn, it's in that what you just scrolled through?
Speaker 1: Oh was that? Okay? I was just going back to the window shot here because that's so crazy. The decompression was extreme. I must have passed it there. Yeah, it's important to me that he's alive. Yeah, Okay, the sixty one year old is still in the hospital in Grease, remained seriously injured and in shock. It's important to me that he's alive. She said. His hand is particularly badly injured, and he's got burns. He's not able to communicate. He doesn't remember the whole event. Wow. Some people came to my aid. I remember one man, one woman. That man helped me a lot, and I think he was an Albanian man. Thank you very much. I don't remember his name. I don't even know if he told me. I would like to meet him and thank him personally. Again. She said, Now, the thing that comes to mind is you and your wife, Ashley, are on one of these flights, window gets busted out like this, She's being sucked out of the plane. Do you risk your life to try to pull her back in? Yes? Or do you say, like, well, you know, Jackson's gonna need one parent to get us through this. We can't have both parents getting sucked out of the window of the plane. He's only his little kid, A little kid, right, I was two years old, all right, on the way to three. But he's got to have one part. You would still try to pull her back into the plane, Okay, Courtney, wouldn't try to pull me back into the plane. I'm not getting sucked out of the plane. We talked about this. If you were getting sucked out of the plane, would your wife grab you and try to pull you back into the plane? To you, I would hope. So you're less confident about that, though, I think she would.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, it would be very difficult, but uh, I think I would like to think, you know till death do est part.
Speaker 1: I'll ask Courtney during the break. But here's my guess. My guess is Courtney would say I would not try to grab you and, like, you know, pull you back into the plane, because I would be too freaked out, and it would be better I would it would be better for somebody else to do it. I wouldn't be good at helping you do that. This is what she said in the past. Like one time we were walking along I told you this story, and lightning struck right next to us. She threw ladies leash and wholed ass away from me, lady and just left us. I had to get the leash off the ground. And one time a giant snake went after us when we were in the park, she threw ladies leash and ran away from both of us. I know what to expect in these scenarios. Yeah, she's gonna throw the dog's leash and she's going to leave me behind. I'm she'll just go Like you look like you were firmly stuck in the window, and I didn't think that I should risk my life to help rescue yours. So I ask those of you who are in relationships, if you were with your partner and they got they're stuck halfway out the window on the plane, are you going to actively try to pull them back? Into the plane, or you're gonna be like, well, we can't risk both of us being injured or god forbid killed. You can't have that.
Speaker 2: I don't think, mar I don't think I would be risking both of us. No, I'm not going to fit through the window.
Speaker 1: I know, but you could still be injured, maybe even fatally just your head popping through it. I'm pretty sure that I'm gonna be injured at some point. Your wife's not very big. She would fit right through the window, all right, right out. So you're holding onto her. Let's say you're holding onto her, she slips because you don't you're not strong enough to hold onto her. But why would I not be strong enough hold onto her? Your wife, she gets sucked out of the plane and flies down to Earth, and then your head pops through there. There's a huge risk that you're gravely injured or possibly even killed, flies down to Earth when she buzz Lightyear. Well, she's you might as well do it fun if you're gonna do it. Let's let's be real. If if you get yoked out of the window of a plane and you don't hold your hands out like Superman.
Speaker 2: What are you even doing like you're gonna have the forethought getting yoked out of the window of a plane to hold your hands out like Superman.
Speaker 1: The only thing that I would remember would be, oh, damn, I'm going to die. I would need a clean pants, and then I would go. If Sea Lane was here right now, he'd just be playing that back on a Plane song. Those were the things that would go through my head. Yeah, now, those would be the things that Yeah, it would roll through my head in that very moment. But let us know what you wish I was back on a plane? Would be your last thought? What if it was not your wife and just some stranger that you were sitting next to. I would probably help. I don't think you wouldn't people would if it was a stranger. It depends on if they were nice to me previously. I judge based in the moment. I judge based on the very very moment that I'm in. If they were rude to me on the plane and they were stuck on the winter and be like, suit your right there, you can go jerk deal with it. If they were really sweet to me and they were like, oh my god, are you the news junkie, big fan of the show, well, I need to keep all those people alive, so I'm going to you know, I'm going to help them out, but let us know what you would do in that circumstance. There's your update on the guy who got sucked out of the plane window and the Ryanair flight. Thoughts are on the way on the show when we come back. We got to pick a side for you. We'll hopefully get into that. I got a couple of them actually for you today. A couple of big updates and stories we've been following as well, some of the baseball world that people hated, and so much more. It's coming up next on the News, Chunkie. We'll get to your dispatches, your emails, and all the rest here in just a moment. But it's time to get a little fiery, all right. I think this one is going to bring it out of some of you, and I'm ready for this, all right. And I want to see what Chili has to say. I want to see what all of you and Chad have to say. I want to see what you have to say about this. Listening to the show right now, I want to see what everybody has to say about this. This is potentially the most explosive pick Aside, So far seland are you ready for this? I'm ready? All right? It all starts right here with this this porta potty. No, no, no, people rejected that song. I hate to say, somebody at chats that. I hope, I hope pick Aside got a better song? Do you have it over there? We can still play. I'll make a better one, but uh for now. Okay, at least at least your thoughts and takes won't beating when we tell you you'll take aside. That's your old school. I like that. It all starts right here, Sea Lan, in this porta potty. This is where our entire debate is going to begin. A woman is filming. I'm going to let this run a little bit before we get into the actual back and forth of who is right and who is wrong. Here we go, she's filming him this guy.
Speaker 8: Are you serious?
Speaker 9: Right now?
Speaker 1: If he leaves the porta party?
Speaker 9: Are you serious?
Speaker 3: This is our house and it's under construction. Say let's use it.
Speaker 1: Let's use it.
Speaker 7: Our house is under construction.
Speaker 3: That's not your porta potty for you to just use.
Speaker 1: Okay, I pause this right here. Now, there's a lot more to this and it gets a lot juice here, but I want you guys to pick a side. Now. This is all about the porta potty itself. This woman has decided to film this guy just as he came out of the porta potty, and she's confronting him, and then also thought she was right enough to post this on social media because she posted this online as well. The whole thing comes out of this. If you're out in public. This guy looks to be an Amazon driver, right I think he got Yeah, it looks like the usual get up the red color. And he's saying it doesn't speak English, but he's an Amazon driver. He has to go to the bathroom really bad while he's out on his ride, and he sees a porta potty and he goes and uses the porta potty. She goes, is he using our portaty? That's our porta potty? And he goes, well, I didn't know, you know, I just he viewed the porta potty as sort of like a public bathroom. And I ask you this question. If you were walking around your neighborhood right now and it struck you that you really had to go to the bathroom, would you use a porta potty on a construction site. I not only would, but I have same sea lan, same same one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: And I thought I was gonna get in like real trouble for it because I was told that I couldn't use it by actual police officers.
Speaker 1: But I had to go. I had like it.
Speaker 2: This was this was emergency kind of situation here, you had to go.
Speaker 1: Young Columbian says he's an Amazon driver. I've been there, but there are bathrooms that aren't always available. Okay, but this is this is a porta potty on in somebody's front yard. She's arguing, like, this is basically our bathroom, and he's He's like, this is a porta potty. We generally just kind of treat porta potties like they're kind of a public bathroom that anybody can use. So who's right, Let's go back to it now. He's trying to speak with her, but he doesn't speak English, so he's typing into his phone what he wants to say to this woman because he's very confused.
Speaker 3: This is our house, This is not your porta potty. Why would you just use that it's on our property?
Speaker 1: He doesn't know what she's saying. He has no clue. She's just filming him and sure that like, hey, how rude is this?
Speaker 3: I don't even know how to do that.
Speaker 1: So now the Amazon guy is he's a decent dude. He seems like a nice guy. He's trying to speak with her. So he's using the app where you could talk to somebody in a different language back and forth, and when he gives it to her, she's like, I don't I don't even know how to do this. It's actually kind of a genius move.
Speaker 2: If he's actually speak English, like he does speak English, he could just be like, uh, letting her like like kind of kind of playing a waiting game with her to see if you know, if she just kind of gets frustrated and gives up because she doesn't know how to use the translate app.
Speaker 1: Maybe that that is a good way out. But somebody says, legally, illegally, he's in the wrong. That's what Heroin Bob says, and what Heroin Bob wouldn't be wrong about this. But now she's trying to explain to the translator app, this.
Speaker 3: Is our house that's under construction. We rent that bard a potty he just came on our property and went in our bathroom.
Speaker 1: He's looking at the translation, obviously, I think so he's he now said panto price. He's like, I'll pay you. I'll pay you. I had to use the bathroom. I'll give you some money for doing it. He does not understand what she's really upset about. He is not understanding what the hell she's upset about here, because she's like, you essentially used our bathroom. And he's like, oh, is it about money? Do you want some money?
Speaker 3: No, No, I don't want anything from you.
Speaker 1: Don't do that. I had to go. He said.
Speaker 7: That's like me.
Speaker 3: Going to your house and using your bathroom. It's our house is under construction, and we personally are using that bathroom. You just came to our house and went in our bathroom.
Speaker 1: He's seeing the message because he's getting the translation. I'm sorry, yeah, don't do that again. Okay, go go go, don't go. You're dismissed. Get out of here, don't go. Who is in the right here? The homeowner who says, there's construction happening at our house right now, and this is our bathroom, albeit a portable bathroom, and outside of our house. You cannot just stop and use it. Or the guy who is Amazon driving around and he goes, I have to go to the bathroom. There's a porta potty right here. We all kind of just do this, don't we? So who is in the right here? Pick aside? That's my question for you. But really I want to go back to the end just for a second, because it's easy to miss just how rude she was to him. No, no, I don't want anything from you. Don't do that. She's so disgusted by it.
Speaker 3: That's like me going to your house and using your bathroom. Our house is under construction and we personally are using that bathroom. You just came to our house and went in our bathroom.
Speaker 1: I want to remind you something here because a lot of people find by and chat with thoughts. What's the point of this? Aj says? Is that is that all she wanted to humiliate him and get an apology? What a s word. The thing is, not only did she confront this guy for using a porta potty when he had to go to the bathroom for God's sake, but she videotaped it when she recorded it with her phone. That's one thing she confronted him and recorded with her phone. The third piece of the puzzle is she then posted it online, right, And what is the point of that if not to solely just be like, can you believe this? Dude? He used our porta potty, This is our port to partty, for God's sake? What a less then he is? You peasant? So he says, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. There, Yeah, don't do that again. Okay, go go go, please leave. You're dismissed, Get out of here. What do you think, folks, who is in the right who's in the wrong? Here? You have to pick aside the Amazon worker who just tried to use the bathroom that he thought was just a porta potty out in front of a construction site, or the woman who says, this is our bathroom. You're just like using our bathroom in our house. What if I went to your house and use your bathroom? What do you think? When I watched this, I think I one hundred percent would have done what he did. I have done it, and I have done it same same, And like, I get it. The thing I did was wrong, it was illegal. The thing he did was illegal. But I mean, he's right in this situation, though, do you think she has a point at least?
Speaker 2: I mean she has a mild point because, like, like other people have pointed out in chat, legally medium X con put it, nailed it. She's morally wrong, but he's legally wrong right, technically he's going on to her property. Sure, but but but would any cop do anything about that? Like, would cops chime in on this? And they might have to?
Speaker 1: You think so if a cop said, if you said, hey, I was driving by my Amazon vehicle, I had to use the restroom, say used the porta partty at this construction site. These people are like so upset by this, now you're gonna be I don't think they would arrest you. Maybe not arrest, but they might, Uh, they might do the minimum that they have to do, you know, to appease this lady, which might be like writing up a criminal trespass something like that. You know, maybe not arresting him for trespassing then and there. Yeah, but you know, maybe like some sort of notice that says he can't return to that property for a year or something like that. Can I ask the big question here? The big question to me is this, what on earth are you so worried about lady, Are you worried he's going to make your porta potty? Gross? I have some news for you. Many other people before you have gone into your plastic bathroom and utilized it many times. And I hate to say it, but if you're living in a house that's so under construction that you don't even have a functioning inside bathroom, maybe your home is not livable all right. Nobody on the planet goes to a construction site, sees a porta potty and thinks this is now the homeowner's private bathroom. Nobody thinks that way. Nobody that I've ever met in my life thinks the workers. They think it's for the workers. They think there's something inside for the homeowners to use, or the homeowners just wouldn't be there, or if this is such a gd big deal to you, I don't. Don't the porta potties have a thing you could lock it? Imagine there's a lock on there, well, like going to put a pad lock on it. Yeah, I guess something that you would be able to lock it up. I just don't get it. I think if your house is so under construction that you don't even have a functioning bathroom. Your house is not livable, it's time for you, while you funded the construction, to fund yourself for a cheap little hotel for a week or so. Yeah, until you end up getting that place. No badger says she's one hundred percent not living there. It could be that she's not even living there. And then still just like mad that this guy would use the porta potty because it wasn't his, and he even wanted to pay, He was like offering all these things. Yeah, she was so rude to him, but she thought he was so rude to her. That's that's the real dilemma.
Speaker 2: And the thing about this is it's funny because this is like the second pick aside in a row that's had to deal with whether or not you should be allowed to use the bathroom at a place. Yeah, and in the previous one, I was siding with the store owner or the store clerk or whatever, just because it's a very common practice to have a sign on your store that says you must be a customer to use the restroom here. Sure, and I do have a like a I have a room, in my opinion, to have sympathy for somebody who just really has to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you too, but I did too. But I mean, if I had to go that bad and I was at a gas station, I'll buy a coke, man, because then I could go to the bathroom and then I get a coke one hundred percent right, that problem kind of solves itself. I would go, I have an emergency. I promise you, I'm going to spend twenty bucks in here on a way out.
Speaker 2: And the problem with the previous video is the guy was being a total dick about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was rude. The other person was. But this this person was not rude at all. They don't even know English. Maybe she was not about that. He was being so nice. Dispatch dances. I'll say it again. This is the entitled rich people mentality. She didn't want them getting in their portagoon. Here's ks with the dispatch about this is what I said.
Speaker 7: I take it this woman is white.
Speaker 10: She is yeah, lady, white women.
Speaker 1: Karens lead the man alone. He had to go.
Speaker 7: He had to take the number two.
Speaker 1: It's house. I hope that's not what he did. If he left one of those behind, well.
Speaker 2: Does that does that change your opinion of how everything went down? If he uh, there were one ZIRATUZI.
Speaker 1: It could. Yeah, it's potential. There's potential that it could.
Speaker 2: Now it's funny because you watch this and you go, well, I would hope the guy was just just doing a pee in there, you know, and then after watching the way the woman him, now, I kind of like you would rewrite history and hope he wasn't.
Speaker 1: You know, I hope he was going for the full the full trip. I don't know whether he went number one, number two. He did touch his stomach. He was like, oh my, you know, like my stomach is yeah. Yeah, he like was rubbing his stomach, going, oh, it was bad. I had to go. It was an emergency. I like, like Selan, I agree on that front. I one hundred percent have to consider that I've been in those emergency situations too. I think that this lady could have had a point, and she could have been like, hey, I get what's going on here. Next time, just for the record, this is our personal porta potty. We actually use it if you don't mind, you know, don't don't leave anything behind. Right. She could have said that, but she didn't say that. She engaged with him. She was rude to him, She videotaped him, and then she post posted it up on social media to make him look back. It's the grip. Sorry, I think while she has a point, I picked the guy. I picked the guy in the emergency bathroom situation. We want to see what you think.
Speaker 2: As a person who has exited a porta potty and been met with angry people outside.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I picked the guy. I feel for him a little bit or not. Says it's dumb to think trespassing is okay, and that color making it about Ray sucks. I think he's just saying that about the Karen front or whatever. I care less about that. I just care more about like, who is in the right here? Fresh boy says, question, where are the construction workers supposed to use the bathroom? She won't let anyone else use the port to potty? I don't know. Good question. Yeah, let us know. Yeah. Dan says, Yeah, this isn't something he deserves to lose his job or payover. I hope his company's more understanding. Dude did offer to pay and fix it. His company is Amazon, So Amazon is like Amazon is so big that this woman could go this man used our private bathroom and he had no permission to do so, and they wouldn't even know what was going on, so that could be another problem. So let us know what you think. Send your dispatch over the news junkie dot com or an email tips tips on thenewsjunkie dot com. Okay, quick break. When we come back, we'll get to more of your responses, including to the question we started the show off with, is it possible with Mitch McConnell in mind to prove in twenty twenty six that you're actually alive? The newspaper could be AI, the video could be AI. Everything could be a how do you approve that you're live? We'll get into your responses on that one as well. It's coming up next on the News Junkie. Thank you so much to everybody for the support here on the show today, including Tom Tom with the gifted subscription over on thenewsjunkie dot com that was claimed very quickly. Appreciate you. Appreciate Brad for the fourteen earlier You go next show. Some sport to the show over on the news junky dot com by subscribing or gifting as some subscriptions for other very greedy, very wanting listeners of the show. This is funny to me. In San Francisco, Selene, they've been trying to finally turn things around. And in San Francisco there are people who had enough finally of them being known as a city with human feces on the sidewalk, the hobo encampments everywhere, the tent cities, the sidewalks covered in tents, all that stuff. Finally, a couple of these San Franciscans got upset by that and they wanted to make some moves. The new mayor of San Francisco, from what I could tell, has actually been doing some stuff that was a little bit smarter than you might expect, you know, given the history of the city with the homeless issues, and I guess San Franciscans have been taken kindly to it. They've been liking that he's been changing things up and cleaning things up a little bit. They have a new policy treat every day like China is coming. Treat every Yeah. I was trying to spell that out, Yes, yeah, you know, literally just treat it like the premiere or the president of China's coming. I was like, what is that. I thought you were trying to spell like t U R. D. We're going in that direction, but this is different here. So these folks in San Francisco started freaking out. Let me bring up this story from KTLA in front of me. And these folks started freaking out because a homeless encampment was popping up in front of their place, and they obviously did not like this. Here is what the homeless encampment looked like on the sidewalk. And so I thought we were stopping this. I thought we were shutting down these homeless takeovers of the public sidewalk and living in little tents like this. And so they started to complain. They started to register the calls with the police and with the you know, three one ones and all of that, and when the information came back, they said, oh no, we can't actually get rid of this. We can't get rid of this homeless encampment. Any guesses as to why Sea Landard? Do you already know? Sure? I know, I don't already know.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, they can't get rid of it because it is part of a movie shoot.
Speaker 1: That's exactly right. Actually, ye, this is not a real homeless camp of tents. This is legitimately they found out the set for a new Netflix movie called twenty thirty four, and in the movie about twenty thirty four San Francisco, they want to show the sidewalks with hobos and tents all over the place, So they show it that way by putting up a tent city on the telliewalk for filming. And then when the residents thin gets an actual tent city and try to get it shut down, well, they say we can't. It's kind of interesting to me because my first thought when I say this is that some of those tents are kind of nice looking, Like as far as tents goes, too clean, yeah, yeah, very much too clean for a homeless encampment. But you know, I know that sometimes some of these things get stolen or donated or whatever.
Speaker 2: So the fact that they might get access to nicer materials, nicer things like that is not crazy. But now that I know it's for a movie set, I think it looks even more too nice, because how's it going to be believable in twenty thirty four or twenty thirty whatever the film is called.
Speaker 1: When all the stuff is too cleaned up? They'll add that in post. I guess here's kat c La. I want to hear them talk about this. This is the story of this homeless camp that popped up, and people complain this It was fair.
Speaker 11: Quite a shock when a massive homeless encampment popped up in their neighborhood. Fortunately for those residents, it turned out to be fake.
Speaker 1: Quiet on the Sea.
Speaker 11: This encampment in the city's financial district is actually the set for new Netflix thriller twenty thirty four. The AI themed film stars Rachel McAdams and Jeff Daniels. Cruz equipment, trucks and traffic control officers our working meet, working in the area.
Speaker 1: Imagine that you go, oh, no, there's more hobos and the tents. Actually, this one's going to stay. This one's going to stay here for right now. Somebody says, I'm surprised actual homeless people didn't try to move in. Not yet, not yet, But that's what happens. Always a chance though. Yeah. The headline says, a massive homeless encampment popped up in San Francisco. Turns out it's fake, so they can't get rid of it because they have a permit for this particular homeless encampment. Let us know you think. Send a dispatch over at the news Junkie Dot com let's see what we got. I'm sure some people were chiming in on our pick a side, which was the homeowner who said to the Amazon where who went up? And she caught him using her porta potty on her property? She said, that's our porta potty. It's like using our bathroom. Our house is under construction and we used that porta potty. How could you do this? So many people had thoughts and let's see, here's a tts from the elder. I probably wouldn't have said anything if the guy was an obvious Amazon driver, But if the guy maybe look like a hobo, I would maybe say something. I know you may not be right, but that's what I would do, all right? Thank you? Is Flip talking about this thing happening in his neighborhood. Really this has happened to him.
Speaker 12: So a similar thing like this happened in our neighborhood. I happen to be on the homeowners association because I hate homeowners associations, so I wanted to keep everybody in check. And we had a house under construction that had a portajohn that the landscape folks that were mowing our common areas would use all the time, and the homeowner was getting upset because he has to pay to.
Speaker 1: You know, get it emptied and cleaned and all that.
Speaker 12: So the first instance where somebody's caught, you're not going to get a ticket or get in trouble.
Speaker 1: You get a warning.
Speaker 12: And then and this is in Virginia with Virginia cops and all that sort of thing. Sure, the second time, if you're caught doing the same thing after you've been warned, then you can get a citation. But the simple answer to that was, hey, homeowner, put a pad lock on it, give the key or the combination to the contractors who use it, and tell them to lock it up when you're done.
Speaker 1: You won't have this situation. Yeah, that's what I was saying. I was like, you could put a lock on these things if you're so territorial about it.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's weird because he's saying, hey, homeowner, put a put a lock on it. But a lot of times it's the construction companies themselves that set up these porta potties. Now, if she was really telling the truth, inas much as they are living in the house but don't have a bathroom, so that's the bathroom they use, and maybe they did hire the porta potty themselves, but it just seems like something that the construction company already has to deal with, so they would be the ones like in charge of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean I think that that makes sense to me. I don't know. I don't know if that lady will find it to be sensible though. I think that lady was very serious about what she was doing and very rude to the guy here's big al So, this lady with a porta potty, that's just definitely morally wrong. But I've stopped to use porta potties at job sites before ever to get me twice. I'm in construction, but I drive around a lot. I mean, you gotta go, you gotta go.
Speaker 2: If that was my house, I could give two shakes less and yes, you kind of a pad on the outside.
Speaker 13: Some of the dich characters will lock their personal porn potties on a job site.
Speaker 1: Or the ones for women on a job site. They will have their own key so the men can't use it. But this lady's just being a pain in the ass, silly way to say it. I hope that's allowed. Have a good one, guys, Thank you big al appreciate that. Thanks for your feedback. You could be next record your message over at the Newsjunkie dot com. I mean, I think like you just have to Ceelian and hit the nail on the head for me. You just have to understand this. Sometimes people have emergencies and it's not like something they're doing because they're angry at you or to get back at you, or you know, anything like that. When I was like younger, like a kid, elementary age, daycare, I still remember one of the only times my mom told me that I could disobey an adult was that if that adult was telling me that I couldn't go to the bathroom and I really had to right, like, you know, the only time that it was like acceptable for me to just deliberately go against somebody's wishes an adult. Witch is like that somebody in a position of authority was like, hey, you have to go to the bathroom, and you know, and they have a problem with it. They could talk to me, Yeah, what are you supposed to do about this? Here's the last word on this one final dispatch from Daddy.
Speaker 14: Two times so with this porta potty situation, I know, if we were asked to raise our hand. If we taken a random dump and a random porta party before, a whole lot of hands would go up. Now to ask how many of us took that dump at a residential property while people were living in the home and we weren't a contractor working there or one of their guests, the amount of hands would go down to damn near zero. So I understand the importance and the urgency in the matter at hand. This is Florida, man, You might get shot taking a dump in someone's property, on their property.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Like, I don't want to be with somebody over the too. Probably he wasn't saying it's a good idea to shoot people for this, But you know how many times have we had a story about somebody getting shot for turning around in the wrong driveway? True, Yeah, it's absolutely happened. All right, we'll take more of your responses on anything we're talking about here today. We will take emails as well. Tips at the News Junkie when we come back. We got the hot sheet that's all geared up and ready to go. We got an announcement for you at the start of the Power Hour and so much more on the way, and I shared the show Tuesday, and that's coming up next on the News Junkie from just moments ago. I guess Trump was asked why the FBI was at Lindsay Graham's house? What are they doing there? If this is just some health issue? And Lindsay Graham wasn't killed by the Russians or the Iranians or whoever, or the Jews. I don't know. Somebody sent any email center. I think it might have been the Israelis, whatever you think, whatever your pet conspiracy is, why was the FBI at Lindsay Graham's house? And I guess this was just asked in the White House, let's listen to it.
Speaker 9: I could also ask, are you aware of why the FBI is looking into Senator Graham's have done?
Speaker 1: In the updates on why they.
Speaker 15: Ran some Well, I don't know why, because I think you know, he had a problem. His father had a very similar problem, as you know, it's very unique. At first I heard it was clog daughter is because he did have clog daughters. He had a problem with that he was I wish he took better care of himself. I say, you could see, you know you can solve that problem. But what happened is actually something that's very hard to detect.
Speaker 6: It was not related to the A blockage. It was a totally different thing.
Speaker 15: And supposedly, and I've watched all the medical reports. I've had the doctors from the White House come in and explain what happened. And this is something that is very almost undetectable, and yeah, it happens.
Speaker 6: There's not much you can do about ec.
Speaker 1: Yeah, were you we heard you kind of crying a little bit. Were those tears? Also talk about Lindsay Graham's clogged guarteries and the glasshouse is trump right, I mean a bit of a your fast food animal yourself. I know that, I've seen that my son.
Speaker 2: I think Lindsay Graham has been photographed as much as McDonald's as you have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he's maybe a little out of his lane there, unfortunately.
Speaker 6: But there's not much you can do about it.
Speaker 15: If you look at his his father died of the same thing at about the same age, Jesus, so.
Speaker 6: There was not much. They say, it's almost undetected. So my fat behind detected by.
Speaker 15: If you have a very bad back, that's a sign that's a bad sign. So if anybody has a bad back, it's a pretty.
Speaker 6: Rough thing to think about it.
Speaker 15: But the fact that's one of the primary sons, and he would tell me he had a bad back, but little did anyone realized it was so there so and when that bursts, which it did bursts, there's.
Speaker 6: Not much show. I don't see a lot of people there.
Speaker 1: If you have a bad back, you've been warned. Number one. Number two. I don't know how that answers the question of the FBI at his house following his sudden death. Maybe just making sure, I don't know you let us know what you think. Send a dispatch right now, let's do the hot sheet, my god sheet. It's in new but not like important news.
Speaker 2: That's that'st again of reporting on the planet from the people on your screen.
Speaker 1: And then speakers are on the hot sheet with Sea Lane.
Speaker 2: That's right, the top five stories right here in the nonsense news, brought to you by that mortgage guide down and Sean. Where do you land on movie lengths these days? I know there's been a bunch of talk about it. There was a new report last week or something about when the how long they.
Speaker 1: Think movies should be oh oh god. I think a movie should be every second that it needs to be a not one second more personally, but two hours is about around what I tend to like. I think you like you like two hours? Yeah, two hours. I think you need to take a little chum maybe an hour forty two hours something. It takes about two hours out of your day. I like that.
Speaker 2: Well, they're talking a lot about some of the movies that have come out recently. I think Oppenheimer. But Oppenheimer was pretty long. The new Christopher Nolan The Odyssey is supposed to be pretty long. The story itself is pretty long, so it's hard to kind of trunkate Homer's Odyssey. And now Disney is saying they're putting premium format tickets on sale months in advance for Avengers Doom Day Doomsday. The studio plans to announced the domestic tickets for the eagerly anticipated franchise sequel will go on sale July twentieth. The studio will open the ticket sales five months early for these Infinity Vision theaters, which is the large format designation the studio announced for select Doomsday theater screens. They created that brand in the wake of Warner Brothers locking down Imax for Doune Part three for three weeks after both films are released on December eighteenth, So it's gonna be a big box office battle later this year. But now that they have they're starting to sell tickets. They have to schedule.
Speaker 1: These, and they have an early run time for the film of one hundred and sixty five minutes. That is two hours and forty five minutes. That's literally on the wrong side. But again, it doesn't matter to me personally as long as I'm not watching the movie thinking you could have edited this out or that out, or this out. If it's like like Obsession was a pretty longish movie. I think it was around two hours, wasn't the ninety It went by pretty quickly for me, And that goes to tell you, hold on Obsession runtime one hundred and eight minutes. I guess, okay, so just short of two hours Obsession was. But to me, that was the perfect link that movie should have been because there was nothing that I thought could have been cut out. So that's what I always think.
Speaker 2: To well, they say the final cut is unlikely to be locked in this far in advance. Selling tickets on a set schedule like this means they can only change the run the runtime by a small margin, because now they're selling things on a schedule at one hundred and sixty five minutes will be longer than twenty eighteen's Infinity War, but shorter than Endgame, which were in one hundred and eighty one minutes. Brad Pitt used to be, you know, the it guy man. He was the most desirable name in Hollywood at times, unless, of course, you're his daughter. Because another kid of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's is getting closer to closing the book on the family name, Zahara Jolie Pitt, has taken legal steps to just be Zahara Jolie. A court document show she's completed one of California's required hurdles for a legal name change by publishing I didn't know you had to do this to change your name, publishing notice of her petition in the Los Angeles Daily Journal once a week for four consecutive weeks.
Speaker 1: I saw this in Nathan for you believe it or not, Changing your name requires a lot of steps like this, and I find it to be weird. But what happened, like what is Brad Pitt supposed to see it in that publication.
Speaker 2: And hang on, I mean, I think you could just see it on his phone or I'm sure somebody's gonna tell me about it.
Speaker 1: But is that like a blue law?
Speaker 2: Is that like an older thing, like publish it in the newspaper once a week for four consecutive weeks to tell the.
Speaker 1: World you have a different name. Or I guess it says you can call for anyone opposing the change to submit a written opposition before the final hearing. I bet it goes back to like marriage somehow, like a woman trying to change her name toget.
Speaker 2: I bet it goes back to that, But I'll check find out where to find out the divorcees. The twenty one year old filed her petition in June asking to legally change her name from Zahara Marley Jolie Pitt to just Zahara Marlee Jolie.
Speaker 1: Dropping the pit name.
Speaker 2: Apparently there's a little bit of trouble in Paradise when it comes to Brad Pitt and his children with Angelina Jolie. Over in the Kanye world, an ex employee of Kanye West is seeking a lot of money in legal fees after winning a court case against Kanye. This guy, Anthony Saxon Nettlecoas, a former employee who won a civil case against the rapper earlier this year, is now asking the judge to make Kanye cough up one point two million dollars in attorney's fees, which seems like a lot of money in attorney's fees when the jury only awarded the man one hundred and forty thousand dollars in damages after finding yea libel under California his labor code for failing to provide workers compensation insurance, so he gets one hundred and forty grand. His lawyers say, we logged seven hundred and forty attorney hours over the three year fight. That's worth to us a lot more than one hundred and forty grand. We're going to need one point two million dollars Jesus, So they're asking the judge to make Kanye pay up even more. The filing also takes aim at Kanye's litigation taxic tactics. It says that Kanye's people made one hundred thousand dollars settlement for just before trial, then later demanded Saxon pay two hundred thousand dollars himself and issue a public apology, which is attorneys say they rejected both and pressed onto a trial that they ended up winning.
Speaker 1: Real quick, go ahead, I'm sorry, I tell you were two hundred grand in an apology when you're the one suing. Is a wild ask real quick. On the name change thing, the main historical reasons were to prevent people from getting away from debt, so if they owed a debt and they wanted to change their name, preventing criminal evasions. So if you were like a wanted person and you changed your name, protecting inheritance and property rights and sometimes for like divorce notices and stuff as well. And it was it's weird that they still do that now, like in twenty twenty six. Does that make sense to still have to do this seems very town crier like. Here here Brad Pitt's daughter, the Lord Christopher Lane wishes to change his name. He made himself a lord, folks.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, I mean in the old days I would probably be a lord, at least a lord over in Italy. The iconic tenor Andrea Bocelli has his name attached to this really weird story, only because I guess he owns this piece of property that somebody rented out for their wedding. But a couple from the United States was a victim of a robbery at a swanky Butchelly family estate in Foot de dem Me, an upscale seaside town on the Tuscan coast, whereas intruders made their way in and helped themselves to watch his cash and find jewelry among other high end brand valuables while everyone was at dinner. A couple of feelds they were done dirty on the eve of their wedding. No less, there was no forced entrance into the locked and alarm set villa. A wall safe which they were unaware of in the home was even cracked, and local authorities responded, but the couple says they did a half assed job investigating. In their final report had glaring inaccuracies and weirdly enough, Andrea Bocelli it was like, yeah, I have very little to do with this except my name's on the deed, but it just it landed him in the news. Nonetheless, and last but not least, it is expensive to get a pardon from the president, and especially when you don't actually get it. Boozy Badass is suing after paying six hundred thousand dollars to lobbyists for a Trump pardon that never materialized. He had to pay three hundred up front, and he claims that since they didn't do it, they should give him money back. But that may or may not have been omitted from their contract, so he might be out six hundred k and not pardon for that possession of a gun by a Fellon kind of deal he was in trouble for. So Boozy Badass has got some troubles in his foregram. Hey, if you have a mortgage with a seven or eight in front of the rate, it's time to call that mortgage guy down. You're paying too much money. The rates have been headed down there at nearly three year lows, and so if you want to pay less money, you want to save a little bit of that, call our friend down.
Speaker 1: He'll help you out. Here is the website. All right, folks, when we come back, I got another pick aside for us to get into. We have a bunch of other stories that we haven't even begun to broach yet, but we'll continue with the updates. We have an announcement at the start of the Power Hour as well, and that's all coming up next on The News Junkie. We got an announcement at the top of the hour when we kick off the Power Hour, I got to pick a side for you here in just a moment. People have been loving those. My favorite part is sometimes people might they try to really hold me to the news part of the news junkie stuff. Sometimes I thought this was a news junkie. I said, this is not news. I say, wait, wait and watch. We just had a pick a side that we did like a week or two ago that when I woke up this morning, I saw in like three or four news stories. We take the story when it's just starting to pop off in the viral world. We talk about it as a pick aside. It's sort of a distraction here on the News Junkie, and then it legitimately becomes a news story like a week or two afterwards. That's how it goes. So just hit the brakes on that if you don't mind, I do. I do have that pick aside for you, and I want to get into that. But first I hope everybody's being careful out there because this this parasite that's making so many people sick. Is really starting to spread. And I keep hearing California finds its first case. There are cases in Florida. It's spreading across New York, this parasite that they think maybe is coming from the produce at someplace. People are blaming Taco Bell, and I really.
Speaker 2: Blaming Taco Bell, like they're talking about investigating Taco Bell and.
Speaker 1: All of that. I think se Lane is because of insert diarrhea joke. That's literally what it is. There has been a lot of that. All of these people are posting on social media. There's a parasite causing everybody to have diarrhea. And Taco Bell, what what what are you doing here? Taco Bell simply saw that this was spreading from I think Michigan, and in their Michigan state, Taco Bell restaurants took a bunch of items off the menu. Poor Taco Bell gets it hard. Like the headlines I saw, let me see Taco Bell.
Speaker 2: Do you think Taco Bell like, I don't think they are really worried about that stigma. It doesn't seem to affect their bottom line. It doesn't seem to affect It doesn't look like they've ever tried to go out on the offensive or on the defense.
Speaker 1: Maybe of of this whole. You know, Taco Bell gives you a stomach troubles kind of idea. They just go, all right, you guys haven't stopped coming to get the cheloupas, so we're gonna keep serving them to you. You know what those sea lane It's that would be like trying to save beans right now. Beans are forever tied to farts. It's just it's just the way of the world that beings rhyme. Yes, that's literally that rhyme beans. Beans are good for your heart. That that has done being the bean industry and big bean conglomerate in for all of these years. But what I think is really happening here is Taco Bell is being proactive and in their Michigan restaurants they stop selling lettuce and cilantro and a couple of other issues or aup of the other items. And in these Taco Bell Michigan locations, they were trying to be decent about this so they didn't get more people sick. And the headlines are like Taco Bell investigated is let us emerges as possible source of this size cyclospariasis. The cyclospariasis outbreak. Is it tied to Taco Bell? Taco Bell, we all knew they gave you diarrhea, but we didn't know it was dispatch calling it explosive, too explosive. Yeah, here's one right here, Taco Bell eyed an explosive diarrheal outbreak. Leafy Green suspected, but as far as I can tell, it's just something that started in Michigan, and Taco Bell was like, we don't want to be causing more problems, so let's stop selling this stuff at our locations. And they just blamed that.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know if this was something that somebody dispatched in or I read it somewhere, but they were saying Michigan was kind of an important factor in that, because I guess there are some food service companies or something that have like a hub in Michigan that ships a lot of their product out to a different states. So they were worried, like, Okay, if this is it in Michigan, that would be ground zero for some sort of like this and then spreads, and so that's why we were seeing it in Florida, we're seeing it in California. I think it's even further than that. Sea Lane, because I think this is one of those things that people are embarrassed to say they got. It was kind of embarrassing to say you had COVID for a little bit of a time, but more so, it's super embarrassing to be like, oh, I got that parasite that gives you absolutely explosive diarrhea. Nobody wants to admit to that. I think the amount of people who have this is zeros and zeros and zeros behind whatever they tell you it is I do. But they're having fun with this. Here's TMZ. Taco Bell probed all right, that's purposeful in explosive diarrhea outbreak and says might have to put a longer pause on those drunk late night Taco Bell visits. Because the explosive diarrhea parasite is starting to go national, and the fast food chain is under investigation for a possible connection to the outbreak. According to The Washington Post, the investigation is ongoing with leafy lettuce is the leading suspect and what's causing the outu break, but that doesn't mean other food items can't be ruled out. To be clear, investigation extends beyond Taco Bell locations with officials looking at various potential sources of the outbreak. As far as I know, the only connection is that Taco Bell said, we're going to stop serving up the lettuce because we think the lettuce is the source for the outbreak. Everybody else has lettuce too. Taco Bell was just kind of like being proactive and saying we're gonna pull it off. And for being proactive, everybody's like Taco Bell is doing this because all these outlets, TMZ is just one of them, but serious news outlets too. All they want to do is get clicks, so they will do this and do the direction target. Taco Bell is a second target for this. Yeah, it is kind of.
Speaker 2: Funny to me that the culprit right now, like the lead suspect in all this is leafy greens or specifically lettuce, like because you just think of like the no carb crowd or like the the I'm a man, I eat steak and drink stolely and that's my day, you know, and you're like, ah see, the salad is taking you down.
Speaker 1: This is what's responsible, you know, because that is bad. It's bad, it hurts, it's not good, but it's coming from produce. Like I said, I said this the moment the story popped out. I said, when people get sick, they get from They get sick from the produce because the produce is grown in places where a lot of times the feces from the animals, cows and pigs, it farms upstream, comes down into the water. If you've read Sinclair's The Jungle, you know exactly what I'm talking about. But this is a long held thing that's actually true where the livestock uses the you know, they go to the bathroom. They don't actually go to the bathroom because they're cows. They just poop, poop and peep and it tumbles around and then it washes off into the water, and then the water ends up contacting the places that are growing the fruits and vegetables that you eat, and then that's how these things can get into the food, and so it ends up on this lettuce or whatever else that you're eating. And then the one company that goes, all right, we don't want more people to get sick than have to in Michigan is Taco Bell, and they just get drilled for it. Here's an email coming in. Let's get some of your feedback. Barry emails the show tips at the Newsjunkie dot com. As a doctor that treats almost exclusively bad backs, the info that you played that Trump gave out is misleading. Trump will talk about Lindsay Graham dying and saying the heart thing that killed him. Oftentimes the only symptom that you see is that your back hurts, and this Bury the doctor says that's misleading. Dissecting aortic aneurysms cause severe tearing back pain as it tears and ruptures right before death. But simply having a bad back does not at all indicate that you could have this problem. I've treated thousands of patients with bad backs over twenty five plus years, and absolutely zero of them have had this rare problem. Just don't want people out there with bad backs, which is more than half of us freaking out. Thank you Berry, good information. Thank you for the email. Collective sigh of relief from the bad back for me too, right out where many of us are in that mix. Let's do another dispatch here. This is Bland talking about the name change situation for Brad Pitt's daughterkies Hey.
Speaker 4: Name change stuff. First, I've been a family law paralegal for twelve years. Way too long, I know. But in divorce, the paperwork is already established for restoring former names and getting a marriage license has ways to do hyphenating your last name or taking other person's last name, or both of you making up a new last name we've go on together, or whatever. So that's family law related. What the Jolie Pit thing is doing is not. And it's different paperwork. Especially in California, which is where I do a lot of my paralegal work. It's separating you.
Speaker 10: Usually.
Speaker 1: Hey, by the way, let me just stop Bland for a moment here. These last two pieces of feedback on the show. This is is it man, This is what I'm talking about. When you have some specialized knowledge on what we're talking about and you can add to the conversation, clarify things, and help people. These are the kinds of emails and dispatches I'm really looking for.
Speaker 4: Okay, use a different attorney. But the reason you post in the paper is kind of old school. It has to do with, say, she wants to be called John Jacob instead, and this four weeks is so any other John Jacobs in the area can come forth and give a reason for why it's not okay, and I have a bakery and everybody knows me this way, and she's going to take advantage or whatever. It's dumb excuse, but it's it's one of them anyways. That's why they do it.
Speaker 1: Okoy bye. That is the dumbest joke you're told in a while, but it got me. Don't be mad. Don't be mad. Thank you so much, Bland. That is good information. This is what I had in mind originally with the dispatch we can't miss again. In the past twenty years, I've been looking for good dispatches. I've finally found one. Thank you, Bland. Appreciate that, all right, I appreciate anything. But yeah, let's see. Uh, I can't follow that up with one this bad I I Now, let's go to some TTS dispatches. Here's Shane with a TTS disc. We're back a plane to nowhere. Oh damn, I'm falling out of the window. Someone save me. He left out words in a script. He didn't even have all the right words. And maybe this one doesn't damn it. I didn't realize you can't preview the TTS dispatches. Whatever you do, don't play mine. Well, me and that flirty girl are going on a date, all right, thank you, Shane. So you get both sides of it with dispatches, get you get both. You get the helpful, you take the badge you do, Yeah, you get the good do you get the bad and then you you try to work them all in together, and some of them are just really bad. You know.
Speaker 2: It's been a fun watch today. As I scrolled through social this morning.
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 2: We talked briefly about that jay Z concert yesterday, the one that was supposed to be Sunday night but it turned out just being revery early Monday morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And now three o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 2: Now that all of the people who have attended it have slept it off, the videos are starting to hit social. I didn't see many of them yesterday because all the people that went to the show got home at four.
Speaker 1: Am and went to bed. Yeah, and our old friend de roy Al was there, Oh was he?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He had he had some good videos to post. I saw the one where Eminem came out. That one was giving me the chills a little bit. I mean, he had a big show.
Speaker 1: The last one looked like the coolest one for jay Z, and it's prompted people to say that jay Z is being courted by the NFL to be the next super Bowl halftime performer, which is hilarious because he picked. Forward of people that has involved in picking the super Bowl halftime performer is led by jay Z. Be a real jeopardy situation if jay Z picked himself. This is like the cops investigating themselves the super Bowl performer version. But believe it or not, I actually think he would be He would be good at that and those shows seemed like they were probably a good time. Okay, I have to get a quick break in and then we'll do the pick aside. This one is an explosive video, not in the way of that last story, but in a totally different way, and it is lighting up the internet right now. But I want you to choose who is in the right well you pick aside. The clip that's going to start that conversation is coming up next on the News Junkie. We've had a bunch of pick asides as of late. I think they're fun. I think, you know, it's an interesting way to break things up during the show. And I was talking to some people early this morning and when I'm pitching the show or telling people what I feel about the news junkie radio show, the podcast, the live stream, I say, we'll talk about anything that's happening. I always you at like street corner radio. That's my my guiding you know, my north star. Since the very beginning of doing this show, way back when starting in West Palm on w JNO. This was twenty years ago, probably around then, starting around that time, my guiding north star for the show, for this show has been that I would say, if I could go downtown on a street corner and start talking about any of the topics that I want to talk about, would it build a crowd, would it hold the crowd? Would people be interested? And sometimes the answer is yeah, like some political stuff can do that, but mostly people want to talk about the thing that has them going that day, like it could be the bison video that the old man getting flung up in the air by the bison. Viral is a huge part of it. Hence why viral is at the center of this show. The world's most viral newsroom and all of those things. Nobody else is really trying to take that territory anyways. It's solely ours over here, so you know it's right for picking and plucking as far as I see. But since I've been doing this, I'm like, you got to talk about whatever the issues are, the things are that people care about in any given day, and then give them some stuff to break it up. If there's too much Mitch McConnell and you know, all these different political things going on, Lindsey Graham, DoD If there's too much of that in a row, people will start to get turned off. Pick a Side is a great way to just kind of throw something out there. It's a viral clip and we can all talk about who's right and who's wrong. The problem is the first pick a side theme song did not go over well. It went over as famously was the reasoning for the name of the band, like a led Zeppelin, right. It did not go over very very well. People thought that it was terrible. Those are the words that I heard terrible. So when you said them to yourself, I did not say them to myself. I wrote them down. Terrible song not going to stick to be To be fair, this is the first one. Wet and swampy me tell you take aside. I hate that it's growing on me now. But Seiling has a new pick aside theme. She said, to make it like a little more metal. I said, like, let's pick it up a little. You wanted like completely opposite. You want like a really like more hardcore manly pick aside more metal? What do you got for right?
Speaker 6: I like that?
Speaker 1: Who really held at it again? Oh you know it's crazy, I don't. They don't tell you why, so you just have to guess. And thank god I only wrote four lines. I typed that out and I was like, give me in lice, little metal thing. Let's make it pretty quick, let's have it up.
Speaker 2: And then I go to click make this, you know, create and it said it rejected me because there was copyrighted material in it.
Speaker 1: What copyright? There's only four lines in it? What you said about? I wrote, we're going on a ride. It's time to pick a side. Uh, no need to run and hide. It's time to pick a side. The no need to run and hide? I guess was enough that there was a line of a song I've never even heard of. All right, well, people, what do you think of this? Tell us if you think this is a good pick a side theme song for us? One more time. All right, let's go back to one thing. Yeah, alright, let's pick aside. This video is going mega viral right now. This is a guy at Jersey Mike's. Now do you support You got to pick a side here. Do you pick the side of the birthday girl or the Jersey Mike's employee. That is your decision today, friends, all right, the birthday girl or the Jersey Mike's employee. Let's watch the video in question that's getting some viral love. What you said, who are you talking to? Yeah? Who are you talking to? Yeah?
Speaker 7: I bet she won't say nothing. Now, Yeah, what you say, get the right?
Speaker 1: Please, that's what you say. No, I don't try to be nice.
Speaker 7: You said get the right. You said get the right.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on, hold on. They bleeped her f words very cleanly, and not his quite as much.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 1: Uh, first of all, see Lane, stay by the button. All right, stay by the button. I know we have like one more opportunity. But he said, uh, he said, back to what she was saying. She goes say it, say get the f out, say get the f out, say get that out. And he goes get the f out. He said, what his name was he said, I work for Jersey Mikes. He's looking directly into that kind of smart thing to do. I think it is all right, I think it is. Here's why, Sea Lane, here's why I'm already picking this guy's side. I have made the claim that we need to be more aware when people are filming us of what they're doing and what's happening, and we need to no longer talk to the person filming us and solely to the potential audience that that person is trying to get to. So you explain to them what's going on that they're not going to know outside of the context of this video. You got to go right to it and go, hey, here's the deal, here's here's what's happening right now. And you can even say click like I don't know, you say subscribe for part two, whatever you have to say. You're telling people to subscribe to her. Well I don't. Yeah, I don't want them to subscribe to her. Actually I wouldn't do that. But he's directly addressing the controversy in her camera, which I think is good. So she said say it now that we're going live here or that I'm recording, and he said, get the f out. Now, this is all about it being her birthday. We're gonna all buckle up and hope that there's not too many more curse words. Jersey, thank you. I'm gonna have to send this to you. I think I think I'm gonna have to send this to you. Is that? Okay, Pa, that's my that's my fault. That's my fault. Are people are already taking sides here, That's fine, I want you to do that. What we're going to do here is I'm going to send Celia in the video so that he could properly sense it censor. I tried to use the AI video but a video censorship thing that we have, but that wasn't successful. As you can tell, We've already had to hit the dump button twice. We don't have much more. Okay, I've got this is the full thing. Okay, this is the full thing. I'm gonna send this to you. Celan. We're gonna censor it during this break, and we'll do it without interruption at the beginning of the next segment. That gives you enough time. Right, I'm sorry to throw this at you. I didn't mean too, but I want people to be able to hear everything, and I forgot that he was cursing so much and it didn't get all picked up. I'll share something else with you in the meantime before we get ready for that Pick a Side extended version, which we'll do next, and also Jury Duty in the next segment. I am now fully enthralled with this Senate campaign that's underway. I told you about this the other day. I told you I listened to the debate between this woman. She's like a sort of mainstream Democrat named Hailey Stevens. And the guy is like a DSA like democratic socialist. He's like a socialist dude. And they're they're very very different, you know. One is like a mainstream democrat. One is like very far left wing, ver very different ideas for what they want to do for the state of Michigan. But this woman, Hailey Stevens, there's something about her delivery. She seems nice, but she seems like very much like a Saturday Night Live character. Okay, okay, I'll give you this. I'll give you this. There's a little piece of audio for you before we get to the pick aside fully censored version. Here she is. This is representative Hailey Stevens. She's running for office in Michigan and this is one of her rallies.
Speaker 13: I am going to be working on our behalf. I am going to be telling the stories on our behalf, and you better believe I'm gonna be doing it with a little bit of joy, a little bit of enthusiasm, a little bit of energy, and a little bit of sicket to them.
Speaker 16: What is this accent she has, but it says you feel like a Chris Farley character something a little bit.
Speaker 1: I am gonna be representing him, and I'm gonna do it with a little bit of MUXI, a little bit of enthusiasm, a little bit of excitement. This is this lady, Haley Stevens. I kind of like her. I don't know, I don't know why. I kind of like her. I'll go back here.
Speaker 13: I am gonna be working on our behalf. I am gonna be telling the stories on our behalf, and you.
Speaker 1: Better believe I'm gonna be.
Speaker 13: Doing it with a little bit of joy, a little bit of enthusiasm, a little bit of energy, and a little bit of sicket to them.
Speaker 1: Because that's a she's even like double the like Chris Brook. Yeah, stick a tube, a little bit of sticket tube. Oh god, oh it's so great. There's something just so fantastic about this.
Speaker 2: Lady says, it sounds like that you're not happy, man, lady.
Speaker 1: You're not happy.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 1: Let me see. Let me let me do a side by side of these if you don't mind. Here's the lady who is in a parking lot yelling at somebody else saying, you're not happy.
Speaker 7: You're not happy, man.
Speaker 1: All right, you're not happy. You're not happy man. And then we have this particular lady, Haley Stevens, who's on the campaign trail right now trying to win sentence.
Speaker 13: I am going to be working on our behalf. I am going to be telling the stories on our behalf. You better believe I'm going to be doing it with a little bit of joy, a little bit of enthusiasm, a little bit of energy, and a little bit of sicket to them, because that's the Michigan way.
Speaker 1: I love this. Sticket to the bell on YouTube says, is she a girl's basketball coach on the side? Oh god, so there she is. But this is how a real person is, right. This is not like some polished character who has been put through the political machine and then plopped out the other side. That's like, here is what actually, No, this lady is I kind of like it a little bit. I want to know what you think. A little bit of sticking to him never hurt anybody, does it.
Speaker 13: A little bit of energy and a little bit of sticket to him because that's the Michigan way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is quick, breaking a character so hard like that, stick it to him the Michigan way. When we come back, we'll do the properly censored. I'll stop playing with fire, the properly censored pick a side. We'll get back into that and we'll do Jerry duty because that's coming up next on the news chunk Kie an announcement at the top of the hour is on the way when we kick off the Power Hour. I try to give you a pick aside, but I really gave too much credit to the AI censorship tool that we use for the show. And there's like random f bombs here and there, and so after two dumps, meaning of the censorship variety, like we have what do we have twelve seconds or so? It's ten we have ten seconds of like censorship dumps that we can use on the show and each one of them. We could do like we could do half or a hole. So usually just dump five seconds when the curse word went by, and then there's another one. You're like, ah, I dump another one. But when we run out then it becomes a major issue. So we can't risk the license on this fine radio station. So I said, let me just send it over to sea line and have him do it. So we'll do that in a second. You need some more time. I got start jury duty real quick, start jury udy infinite two Now, okay, perfect, I'll do jury duty in the meantime, here we go.
Speaker 4: Court is now in session, so put your phone down and pay attention before we call the bailiff over to with your ass.
Speaker 1: You're knowing jury duty with the news Junkie. Jury Duty brought to you by the one the only MO de Wit the Wit Law Firm. Injured on the go, just call MO eight hundred, Call MO eight hundred, call MO or go to Just CALLM dot com after an accident, reach out to the attorney that is going to fight for you, that's going to be on your side, that's going to support you and get you on the path to that big check that you absolutely positively deserve. That is Moses Dwit and just call Moo dot com or eight hundred call mo. That's the way to get there. So thank you for that. Appreciate you. I'm going to have this file from Seeland ready in just a second, but in the meantime, I'll give you a jury duty story. And this is kind of crazy to me. A same sex couple, a gay couple in Canada is suing the surrogate mother of their son. Now, the reason for this is just unbelievable to me, But this is an ugly feud that has broken out that's caused a bit of a well a giant legal issue. Really, here's the story. A same sex couple in Canada, A gay couple who is using a surrogate mother of their son for trying to have a child two years later after they were going to be doing this. They'ressuing her because she refused to abort the fetus. All right, this is crazy. In the lawsuit filed in Ontario, Canada, the parents allege the Ontario based surrogate failed to keep them apprized about the baby's health, put the child at risk, caused emotional distress, and violated their confidentiality. I mean, that's a little weird because to me, surrogacy is great. It could be a valuable thing to help families out. The people who do it could be it could be really an amazing thing for you to gift to another person. But they weren't parents. You're not a parent until you have a kid. She was the one who was pregnant with a child, right. The woman was pregnant with a child, because that's how that works, and she was going to give the child away to this couple to make it so they can live out their dream of having a baby, which they can't do without a woman. And that's all well and good, but there's the framing of this. It's like the parents, well, you know, these are the people who wanted to be the surrogate parents. Maybe the statement of claim does not specifically mention the couple's request in June twenty twenty four to terminate the pregnancy at twenty two weeks. How many months is that? That's pretty far along right there? Right? Six almost six months, five months, five and a half months, so she was five and a half months along the surrogate was and then they said, nah, we want you to abort it, and she goes, no, I'm not going to abort the child. Is I don't want to do that, but that's what they cut what the couple wanted. That's when everything changed. They wanted her to get an abortion. The surrogate insisted more tests be conducted, and after specialists indicated that the baby was a healthy child with a relatively minor birth defect, the couple agreed to let the pregnancy continue, but tensions escalated once again after the woman insisted on having a home birth as was agreed upon in their contract, and later filed a small claims lawsuit asking the parents to reimburse out of pocket expenses related to the pregnancy. Shortly after she filed the small claim suit, which has since gone to arbitration, the woman said she found out she was being sued. The Ontario woman told the National Post she first became interested in surrogacy after seeing two close friends struggle to conceive. I work in an awful place, said the surrogate. I see the worst humans in the world at the corrections officer job that she has, So she said she wanted to do something positive, and she said it started out positive, but then there was something that said that the fetus has or is likely to have a genetic, chromosomal or other abnormality or defect. So they wanted her to get an abortion, and she was like, no, I don't want to do that. The surrogate was in the Dominican Republic at the time officiating an international wrestling competition. I did not expect that to come along. She was less left devastated in a mess after receiving the letter. She ultimately decided she would have agreed to have an abortion if the baby had no chance of survival after birth, but was not comfortable terminating the pregnancy over what she considered largely a cosmetic defect. The parents then came to Toronto and they had a doctor said the baby will have no problem beyond a cleft lip. That was it. That was the reason why they wanted to eject this baby over like a cleft palate. Cleft lip they said, other than that, that won't be an issue. And also, as far as I know, I'm certainly no expert on this topic, but I believe the surgeries for cleft palates have become amazing and their success. It's something that's easily fixable. I think, yeah, that is not something that you, I think somebody should ever be really considering terminating a pregnancy over.
Speaker 2: It was kind of crazy that the couple was like, whoao, we only want a normal one. Let's flush this one and try again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll take a normal one. But she said the baby had some breathing problems upon delivery, but soon recovered when they administered oxygen. Then they She said she asked the couple to reimburse her for ten thousand dollars in outstanding expenses, including lost income from work during the pregnancy and contributions to her pension plan that she missed. She didn't hear anything back from them, and so they started to go at it. The lawsuit does not claim a specific amount of damages, but the surrogate says the plaintiffs have been indicated they're seeking about six hundred thousand dollars. She says, you know I'm a single mom. You know I have a daughter, and you're basically suing me from my house. It seems very s word. It's just awful. I feel used. So they're suing her after all this, She goes, you didn't even want this baby. You guys try to get me to get rid of the cleft palate baby back and forth, a bioethics professor at the University of Calgary. So the case underscore is that surrogates are vulnerable under Canadian law, noting that it appears the parents in this case, the parents are punishing the woman for allegedly contravening their agreement. Moreover, they earlier sought to end the fetus's life for a medical condition that can be completely overcome by surgery and therapy. That's I would think about that. If the surrogate can tell you to do that kind of stuff, like the cleft palate baby needs to be eliminated, that's crazy that the surrogate would have any any say over that to begin with. I was wondering when you.
Speaker 2: Brought this up, if they do have any parts of the agreement for surrogacy that cover abortion. And I guess she did say she would agree to have one if the child was unlikely to survive after birth.
Speaker 1: M hm.
Speaker 2: But because this was what she felt to be a largely cosmetic birth effect, even though they said there was a minor heart condition involved. It was minor heart condition, uh huh, that's why she refused.
Speaker 1: So there was some genetic abnormalities, but not enough to make it so this child couldn't live like a nice rewarding life. Yes, right, Like, sometimes if you find out that this child is going to be so disabled that it's not going to be able to have the fulfilling life and maybe needs the assistance of humans or machines for the rest of their life, you have a different conversation about that. You have a different conversation based on your morals. But in this case, it was like the baby could be fine, and so they got into it back and forth. Very interesting. They're suing her. They're suing the surrogate mom for six hundred thousand dollars in this case. We'll see what you think, this says. The unusual sequence of events highlights the vulnerable position of Canadian surrogates, who are in high demand but legally barred from charging commercial fees. Unlike their counterparts in the US, they can only be reimbursed for received expenses. Most get pregnant simply to help others, but sometimes fail to get their cost paid or literally left holding the baby when the parents walk away. About one hundred families are looking for for a Segur curroguate for every one, willing woman ready to provide the service. So there you go. Tell us what you think. Send a dispatch over at the news Junkie dot com. I have the now censored clip for our pick aside. So here's the agenda. We're gonna take a quick break when we come back, an announcement for you, all right, an announcement about the show, and we'll work that in, and then we'll work in the actually censored pick a side that Selen has now prepared for us that is going to be coming up next. I'm the News junk Keye. Before we fire off the Power Hour, Selena has taken our next pick aside video and censored it. And we're sure this is not going to result in us losing our jobs now, right? Pretty sure? Okay? That's good. Andy also emails tips at the Newsjunkie dot com. Andy says, Hey, guys, love the show and really liking the pick a side segments. I have a question about watching on YouTube. Has anybody else reported how the ads interrupt the show? I understand the need for ads, but your show is the only one I have this issue with. It's YouTube. It's like default stream thing multiple times a day during the show, the screen will split and an AD will come up on the right hand side. Just wanted to report watch some other live shows on YouTube that don't have this problem, says Andy. Well, Andy, here's the deal. If you are a subscriber over on the website, you can have the ad free stream if you're logged in on the news junky dot com. Hello to everybody watching that way, Hello, no ads, amazing, unbelievable, And the best way to do that is to be a secret show subscriber or to give some like sun State John just did with seventeen. Hell at them youge my gosh, huge seventeen gifted subscriptions. Thank god for Sunstate John. Yours could b next. Hopefully you support the show and just fire off one of those. Everyone counts. It's a huge, huge thing. Each one of them helps us to become more and more independent from the big radio corporations, So that is a good thing. We appreciated suns State John, and we appreciate everybody else for hanging out with us. Right now, let's do the power hours.
Speaker 6: Done.
Speaker 1: Then they said, yeah, you want to date my mom, Randy, here's what's gonna happen. That's two now to the crotch. It's time for the Power Hour on the News Chunky. I got that. It's like, is this older? Yeah, there we go, ran the Randy clip. It's the Randy clip. Here we go. Okay, quick announcements for you before we do the pick aside here that Selanda is finally properly censored in our Power Hour. I was talking a little bit today, strangely enough, about the history of this show. You know, the news Junkie as that as that product under that name started under a program director called Brian Mudd on w JNO, and I've been featured back on that station I think at some point in time. But great people over there gave me a shot. They said what can you do? And I said, I'll tell you what. I'll give you a demo. And I gave him a demo of what the first show would be. And I got into a fight with the mayor in one segment and was in a screaming match with her. I had interviewed one of Osama Bin Lawden's kids, I believe in another segment and we were talking about being Osamavan Lawden's child and the other segment have no idea what it was that was back when you burn it on a CD. So I burned the demo on the CD for the program directors, go over your speed dial for Osama bin Lund's kids. I don't know how of this happened. I have no idea it's true, true story though, And Brian Mudd goes, I got your demo. I want you to come in and talk about this, and he goes, this is you, like you did this and he's like, this is crazy. Let's just start. Let's just start you this weekend. Let's just do the show. Just say air this this weekend. Okay, fine, And that's where the show started on w jannel. And obviously I chased my tail around. And I have been working in radio for a very very long time, but now the goal is clear and focused and has never been so clear, and focusing on viral news and trying to aspire to do great talk radio every single day on the show and bringing that in front of as many people as possible. Why because I think you people will be super supportive. We have sponsors on the show and they're great, but I don't want to chase my tale around all day long trying to go after sponsors and keeping them happy. I want to be beholden to the audience. That's why we go to you for subscriptions at the newsjunky dot com. It's the direct way you can support us. That's where your money goes. It goes to us, you know, to help for all the expensive things around here for the show. So my idea is like, let's get this show in front of as many people as possible. I think people who love radio will love the show. And that turned out to be successful for us. And you know, about ten years ago, they lit up the show in my old market of West Palm Beach, put us on the great stations, Real Radio WZZR and Real Radio one on one seven WCZR. We've had a long, great relationship with them, and we pretty much just took over Florida rapid fast. We're our overall net in Florida is basically everywhere. And then we started getting traction in New York in the state of New York, and we were on a couple of stations. I think in Rochester. We've been on different stations in Rochester over the years. Now I think we're on WHAM, which is an awesome, amazing station there. Yes, the program directors and the folks in charge in Rochester are some of the biggest supporters of the show and have helped us out to spread this show more than almost anybody else. I previously had a boss who was trying her damnedest not to let me spread the show, which was my vision for doing all this, and stopping me at every single measure where I would make some progress, I would get a program director who I built a relationship with and said, hey, I would love the show to be on here too, and then they would shut it down and not even inform me that that happened, which is just unbelievably irritating and offensive in so many ways. But I won't go on about that too long. So we spread all over Florida in New York and had these program directors on board who had the same vision of getting the show in front of more people. And we've been on most of the types of stations that will have a show like this News Chunkie. We've been on most of the types of stations, you know, whether it be the freaking Dallas, Texas or there's only so many stations, there's only one other station really like this that we haven't been on, and that's the bone in Tampa. Shouts out to your friends over there, they should have us on. But it's a different company, right, It's not iHeartRadio, It's that's Cox Broadcasting. So the plan is to try to get in front of other formats, and you've got to have really brave program directors to say, let's take this show and let's put it on a news talk format. Let's do that, Let's let's see if it works. Let's do that. Because iHeartRadio is hundreds and hundreds of those radio stations, and so I said, if I'm going to sign this deal, I want us to be able to be autonomous from the company. I want us to be able to be beholden to the audience and try to build something brand new and broadcasting here, different than what everybody else is doing. But I want to know that iHeart really buys into the plan as well, and is.
Speaker 6: That we do.
Speaker 1: And we've got some people here. I got off the phone with Bob and Jeremy this morning, and they're amazing. There are people who love radio, who love broadcasting, and they're part of the next steps for the news Junkie, which is starting to spread the show. So it's time to tackle a new state, folks. What do you say? We got Florida and New York on the lockdown pretty much. I'd like to welcome in our brand new friends in Louisiana. That's right, what better place, everybody, Louisana. Welcome on board our friends over at WJBO. That's news Radio eleven fifty and ninety eight point seven FM in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. We are welcoming you into the news Junkie family. So good to have you on board with us. The bye, you junkie, You bet your ass. We are moving into Louisiana with a great parastations in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, News Radio eleven fifty and ninety eight point seven FM. We're so happy to be on with them and starting to spread this show even more. And then, you know, if that wasn't enough, the Cajun takeover continues with News Talk ninety nine to five w rn O in New Orleans. You know what that means, folks, that means for everyone. Don't you be promising to take us to New Orleans anytime soon? Because they're still waiting on those SunFest tickets. I'm telling you, they'll they'll, they'll take us there. But Bama Jeremy believe in the show and they are the first of many announcements like this, Louisiana coming on board with stations in Baton Rouge and New Orleans, Louisiana, the two big markets in the state who are picking up the show. That means that when you send in a dispatch, when you give stuff, when you do all of these different things. Now it's getting to an even larger audience of people. Now the folks in Louisiana are on board the Florida takeover. It took a while, but you know, we did it. We did it, and we did it with bells on and then New York just started to welcome us in with ts and the amazing people up there from iHeart who supported the show when not a lot of other people did. The people who have supported us. And by the way, West Palm, that market has stood by us so incredibly bravely over the course of this show and really went out on a limb to keep us there and made sure that they telled us like we love the show, we love what you're doing. So now we're moving over to Louisiana. With Baton Rouge and w RNO News Talk nine in Louisiana jumping on the show bandwagon. I think that's awesome. There's a lot lot more of this to come, and could we be live on Bourbon Street. Yes, I'm not.
Speaker 6: Breakfast.
Speaker 1: Come on, Selian's literally going there in a couple of months, so you'll be the first person on the ground in New Orleans. I'm going to make my Superdrivers put it on. I cannot wait until that spreads number one. But absolutely positively, I'm so excited about post. I know I've said this about SunFest for a millennia, I know, and when West pom Beach, but and going to New York too, But I want to do a show from the French Quarter. Oh god, we got to do it. Show.
Speaker 2: I have been to all these places independently, none of them with you, none of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, I mean I'm going to the Keys. Strangely enough, while I'm there, maybe there'll be some other discussions going on about the show and the Keys. I know there's a lot of talk right now. And the one market really outside of Tampa that we haven't worked our way into in Florida is Miami, and there are very high level Miami conversations going on right now, and that it could open the door to the keys. So Seeland and I got to get out there a little bit, right We gotta press the flesh, start start talking to some people and picking up some accents, I guess, to see where we can go with this. But that's super exciting. I'm thrilled about it. The show continues to spread, and the pace of that is going to get a lot more rapid, folks. So there you go. Suggestion you should add a tab on the news junki dot com with all your stations. That's already in the works. I'm waiting for some more stuff to line up here, which will make sense to you, probably in the next couple of months. But I mean, it's pretty cool because I have a connection with New Orleans. I've been there a million times. I love New Orleans. Love it, love it, love it, love it. Almost got a house there at one point in time, right before the pandemic, Courtney and I were like, we're gonna get a place the problem. Yeah, we're gonna get a second place. And look at you in New Orleans. Where we're going to it? Not not now, I mean Maybes. I don't know. The problem is the market there is crazy, and they got those shotgun houses. You know, a shotgun house, it's like the house has like you can see through from the front to the back. Basically it's like one hallway right down the middle. It's how a lot of houses in New Orleans were built. And uh, even like a small one is expensive. Although I'm learning the same is true for Key West because I just watched a video. These people live in a shotgun house in Key West. I think they're rented. They live in a shotgun house in Key West, and I said, this is a cool neighborhood where they are. And the house that they live in in Key West forty eight hundred dollars a month. My gosh, it was twelve hundred square feet sea ling forty eight hundred dollars a month. Was this something you were looking at to like rent for Airbnb? Or we were just trying to learn about the keys before we go down there, so it don't sound like too much of a dummy. That's the goal. You go there a bunch, you get to know the people, you make sure you don't screw some stuff up. And we were talking to him He goes, if you ever need to know how to say any of the parishes of the cities, because you email me and I said, oh, that's good. I said that's good. I said, you know why that's good, said Seilan. And I run into this all the time. We'll have somebody try to pronounce a road near where the show is based in Orlando, and the traffic people who aren't necessarily from here, We'll mention one of the roads and butcher the name and people will go nuts. So I had this happen to me in different markets too. I've had this is a big People get mad when you sound like a carpetbagger you don't know the places. So he said, reach out to me and contact me. I go, that's good because I think Seiland told me one time the Tampa people who are doing the traffic they had looked for a YouTube version of how to pronounce one of the things. I think somebody gave them a YouTube version.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something like that, like the YouTube version was the YouTube version was wrong? Because yeah, the people that put out content on YouTube that are all like, how do you pronounce this?
Speaker 1: How do you say that?
Speaker 2: They they are trying to flood their channels with so much content that that that it's just inevitable that they get some sort of pop from it. And sometimes they are wrong, But we don't.
Speaker 1: Want to do that. I'd rather say nothing and then get in there and say things you don't know. You start pronouncing things wrong. That's immediate carpetbaggers, and then they'll tell us get out of here, get out of here. We don't want you here. So we hope uh, they welcome us in. And what we're gonna do now is take a quick break. Then we'll finally do that pick aside that Seelane censored. It's sitting in front of me. It's ready to go. As the Power Hour rolls on, we'll do the Jersey Mike's pick aside. Then we'll push into the end of the show today. Thank you so much for all your support. That's coming up next on the News Junkie, it's time for pick a side here with a brand new theme song. This one went over better than the last one. Just to refresh your memory. Now that Selane has the video censored and our jobs are secure, let's do another pick aside. Yeah, that's right back to Jersey Mikes. That's where we go. Jersey Mike's a little pricey, by the way, I don't know if that's one of the reasons why this thing popped off. And it is a sub above, so I know I'm gonna need to compensate for that. And just recently Celan was I think pushed pushed Chick fil A out of the top spot for the best reviewed or like, you know, the most loved by their fans. Restaurant like Jersey Mike's has supporters and fans. Jersey Mikes is a little expensive though. We try to get some wraps the other night, and I think they were about eighteen dollars for a wrap, which was a little you were door dashing this though, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I want no No, that was through the Jersey Mikes app. Cool he was trying to get. We just ended up making them ourselves. But uh, let's go into a Jersey Mike's and your pick, aside is choosing between the Jersey Mikes employee in the birthday girl, those are the two people battling here. Let's dive in finally for a censored adverse. Yeah who you talking to?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I bet you won't say nothing. Now, Yeah, what you say, get the out right.
Speaker 1: Please, thank you, that's what you. No, don't try to be nice.
Speaker 7: You said get the out right. You say, get the out right now get okay, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I like to please and thank you. He's talking directly to the camera. He's taking my advice. I think this is good. I think this is good. He's talking directly to the camera. He knows this woman is going to try to videotape this and make him look dumb or get him fired. He's like, here's my name on this employee. Though he might get in trouble for saying the curse word, I hope he does.
Speaker 8: Thank you because it's my birthday and I asked.
Speaker 9: You lose your job standing at the door, come on right, not saying thank.
Speaker 8: You, and whatch you lose your job? David broke ass's on my birthday? This time I get treated on my birthday at Jersey Night.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a little brutal to say after your birthday. What I'm gathering from this is she tried to go in and get a discount for her birthday that they couldn't really give her, and then she got mad. She was like, it's my birthday. Can I get a discount from Jersey Mike's. And then when he was she was pushing and pushing for this and he was saying no. She then pulls out the camera after he's like, get the f out of here because he's had enough of this woman.
Speaker 8: Thank you, keep going, and you're gonna have a whole lawsuit.
Speaker 7: You got the right whole.
Speaker 1: Laws, Yeah, lawsuit for what lady. He might he might not be looking that great with the cursing behind the counter age Jersey Mikes, and somebody might clutch some pearls and fire him over that. But what are you going to sue him for not giving you a birthday sub? Is this the level of entitlement that is spreading around right now? Is this the level of entitlement? Not only is the customer always right? Birthday girl, double right right? I want I want a free ass sub and I want it on my birthday. And don't you dare be angry about this?
Speaker 2: It looks like if you I mean, I'm assuming that she just went into the Jersey mic store and asked for her birthday sub without even doing any due diligence.
Speaker 1: Looks like they do have some sort of deal. What's the deal that you go to their your my MIC's account. Yeah, you can start earning Mike's shout out, buy an ad please.
Speaker 2: You can start earning shore points, as in the Jersey Shore, so you earn subs with shot points. They got the You can use the app. That's probably the app you were when you were trying to do it. And it says birthday rewards. Celebrate with a sub, join our email club and enjoy a free birthday sub with the purchase of a regular sub.
Speaker 1: In the past year. All right, It sounds like if you purchased the sub of the past year, you can get the birthday sub and or free sub with a regular sub. Her man was with her, it's not his birthday. Maybe she couldn't prove it was her birthday. There's more in this. Let's get the end of it and see if it changes our mind, and we'll see who's side we pick.
Speaker 8: If you don't need no money, yeah, a whole lossuit.
Speaker 6: Thank you? Get again.
Speaker 7: You should know what we order.
Speaker 1: I don't remember facing.
Speaker 7: You don't remember faces?
Speaker 1: What kind of sounds are you? You don't is your manager right here? She came back.
Speaker 8: Okay, so you're the manager. So yeah, corporate will be called. Okay, yeah, you can give me the.
Speaker 1: Number, give give us.
Speaker 2: You know, she sounds like Sherry Shepherd. She does a little bit, Yeah I can, but not like it, not like just like regular Sherry Shepherd. I'm talking like Sherry Shepherd when she played Tracy Jordan's wife in thirty Rock.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I could hear that. She's think she thinks she's right. I think, yeah, I think so, unless you're gonna have to apologize and correct yourself. So maybe you're down that path. But when I hear this, I hear a woman who's so confident that she's in the right, and it sounds like, for whatever reason, he didn't want to give her the deal. I'm guessing that there was much more to this that fired him off. That's always the case. But it's still a couple more seconds. You very lucky.
Speaker 8: Let me just tell you that, very lucky, very lucky, very very.
Speaker 7: You're not going to do anything?
Speaker 1: Yeah you really?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 7: Okay? Thank you?
Speaker 1: Okay. I don't know what we've started this or what came before this. We never see her, is that her? That's her man? Okay, we see her man at the end, or what happens like in between the cuts of this video.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I don't understand what the big deal is at the moment right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she is so upset at this guy for not giving her some sort of deal on her birthday. But I don't imagine that this guy's in the business of just being mean to people on their birthdays and not giving them the deal that he's supposed to give them. I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt, and I'm gonna think that this lady, like a lot of other crazy bitches that go into these places and freak out and have a meltdown, probably freaked out and have a meltdown, was rude as hell to this person. And she's saying over and over and over again. Then she gets him to go back to the cash register and he's gonna pretend like he doesn't know her and just do the order, and she's still like, well, ying. But there's a level of customer bullying that happens in these cases. I can smell it from a mile away. I feel like this is what happened in this case. I feel like this was a customer bullying. The person was like, if I complain enough, I'm used to getting my way. I'm used to going into Applebee's or Chili's and at the end I just say the food sucked, and they don't want to deal with me as a pain in the ass, so they give me the thing comped. You know, this is sort of what's going on. It's the annoying customer. So I'm sorry. I'm always going to side with the employee. I'm sorry I picked the employee, even though I wish you wouldn't have cursed. I wish you wouldn't have stooped to the level of cursing at her, because he's going to have some problems with that, even if he is the manager. I choose the employee. How about you, Celing, I kind of side with the employee here. You don't just get to go in and get the free birthday stuff if it's not their thing. Also, somebody on the texting service said she doesn't need to be mad at the guy. She used to be mad at her man for taking her to Jersey Mics for her birthday hoping for a discount. That is true. Yeah, so you let us know. You pick a side, folks, that's what this is about. And do you choose the Jersey, Mike Sky or the Birthday Girl. On the way out, we'll get to your emails and your dispatches, and then we'll wrap everything up with the final dispatches stories that didn't make the cut. And today I learned to wrap everything up for a say wrap up, to cleose everything down for a share of the show Tuesday. That's coming up next in the news Chunky, wrap it up. It's been fun, it's been a good time. But we only have a couple of minutes left before we wrap everything up here on the show. Let's see if there's anything that we missed worth going over. We'll get into your final dispatch. I did see Snopes has now gone to the level of tackling the Mitch McConnell thing. Is this Mitch McConnell photo real? There's no evidence of AI despite claims it was the photo of him in the hospital, Mitch McConnell with his wife, and Snopes is landing on like there's no evidence that it's AI. They didn't say it was real, because you can't really confirm that something's real so much, but they utilized all the different AI tools and showed that it didn't look like AI. Still I think, and I wish I would have gotten to more of your responses on this on ways that you can prove that you're still alive in twenty twenty six, but we'll have to do that for tomorrow.
Speaker 2: So weird how Snopes is probably one of the older websites that a lot of us, you know, still read occasionally. But they just started like a fun little thing about urban myths and now have somehow morphed that into being like a litmus test on what's real and what's fake. Like if something is fake, you're gonna believe it, right. Yeah, I think they got a pretty good name for themselves.
Speaker 1: Some people see some bias here and there, but I think generally they're pretty well received. Here's another thing it's worth mentioning. A fitness influencer is under fire after running a five K while at a World Cup game by standing in his seat and doing circles over and over and over again until he got to the five k mark. He completed it before the game ended, but was bumping into people around him the entire time. His whole mission was running a five K in his own seat at the World Cup. These are the people who should be publicly executed by the way right, the tickets to the World Cup not cheap, and you decided to take that apart. You take that opportunity to run a fake ass five ko standing on his seat like spinning around everybody around you paid for a seat. Stop please stop. Our world is better than this. Our world has to be better than this. And let's see if there's anything else worth mentioning here. Oh, they have revealed the first look at the Charlie Kirk monument. I don't know. I don't know this. Whoever does these bronze statues is so I don't know. It's not it's not fantastic. Now you'll see it out there. There's a statue going up of Charlie Kirk here, it says, handcrafted by renowned Italian sculptor Sergio Fernani. The planned a veiling of the Charlie Kirk Marmon Monument of Times Score LASO required permit. The sculptor has stated he will not seek one. The project has no official endorsement from Turning Point USA or Kirk's family. But the guy made the statue, it's just it's just kind of kind of ugly. It doesn't look great. Let's can't play that. Uh, that'll have to do. A new broadcasting guidelines ahead of these next summer Olympics say that the Olympics broadcasters can no longer show the female competitors from certain angles, and then they show the angles that you're supposed to avoid, like from behind butt shots in their bikinis, or like track and field bending over. I guess the guidelines highlight shots for broadcasters to avoid when the Olympics returns next time.
Speaker 2: Does that mean it'll just be easier to be a cameraman for the men's one. You know, you don't have to.
Speaker 1: Worry about the rules. Yeah, maybe they don't want the cross shots either. I don't know what they're looking for, but we'll find out. We have time for a final dispatch, No we don't. Unfortunately we don't. It's time to get the hell out of here. Let's do today. I learned the following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ. So don't get cocky.
Speaker 12: Now it's done.
Speaker 5: What we call today, it is today.
Speaker 1: I learned for a Tuesday, July fourteen to twenty twenty six. An email coming in real quick. I'm a Cajun A true Cajun from South Louisiana Baba living from Florida for the past five years. I'm original from Huma, which is now our south of New Orleans. But I could tell you what the Louisiana people in our southern hospitality think. They will be very welcoming to you. Let me know if you need any advice on what's good to eat, says this emailer. All right, thank you for that. Appreciate that. A lot of other questions coming in. We don't have time to get to them, unfortunately. I mean, just you know what I'll do, I'll mark this as unread. Otherwise I'll totally forget mark as unread. Isn't that an option?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe not right now, we'll get out of here. Here we go today. Learned before the Black Plague, Before the Black Plague, everybody remembers that one women brewed as you remember it. But yes, I wasn't alive. Women brewed the majority of ale and ran the majority of ale houses in England. Actually, ale wife was one of the first ways they referred to people who made beer. A woman that keeps an ale house also some synonymous with the word brewster, which I used to call them back then, oh like punky brewster. Yeah, ale wife is now commonly used, and translations of ancient text to refer to a woman who brewed and sold ale, dating back to the beginning of recorded history. Antony learned these guys ready.
Speaker 5: Mus, that's right, mused the van Mus one of fifty well no at a zero five hundred thousand euro lawsuit against Nesley.
Speaker 1: And when they got that sweet sweet Nestley money over the lawsuit, they donated one hundred percent of the proceeds to a charity. They didn't want to make the Nestley cash in a bad way. So there you go. Thank you so much, Frank and I with us. We do appreciate it. We're back tomorrow, same time, same place. Missed any of the show, get the podcast at thenewsjunkie dot com. We'll see you next time.
Speaker 10: Everybody you play will not come.
Speaker 1: So doing well things