Speaker 1: This is Rover's Morning Glory. Rover, there are laws against us.
Speaker 2: Charlie's Morning of You for Sure and Jeffrey please.
Speaker 1: Streaming on Roverradio dot com.
Speaker 3: Rovers Morning Glory starts now.
Speaker 1: Good morning, what's happening? It is Wednesday, August twelfth, twenty twenty six. Good morning, gets Throver's Morning Glory. I'm Rover, Dougie is here, Good morning, sir, Charlie is here. Hi, Snitzer is here. Hey, Crystal is here. Hello, And mister Jeffrey al l the Rock is in the fire box and alive and doing fine. You're with us as well. Eight sixty six Yo Rover eight six six nine six seven six eight three seven. That's how you reach the show. Give us a call at that number you get text us at that number that comes into the studio in real time. You can text the word menu to us at that number, Emmy and you. That allows you to set your profile, name, your picture, your location, tell us about yourself. That way, we know who is calling texting in? Sorry, who's texting in? So text the word menu. Take six six year Rover to sell that information. You can even make a video call by texting the word menu. It's eight six six year rover. We will it's your email here in just a moment. We have a lot to discussed this morning. I got it, yeah, text message from my mom last night. I guess I kind of read it because I was getting into bed. Let me see what it says here, no power for the next three to four days. She says power must be out. And she says that her annoying neighbor as a whole house generator, and it's just rubbing it at everyone's face. Why don't you send her money to buy a generator? Well, because I'm not a it's not a charity case. It's your family. Why why would I pay for that? Let me, family's not a charity. I agree. My mother's an attorney and my stepdad's a doctor. I don't think I need to send them thank you though? Why did you send them money? Your dad's like ninety. Why don't you send them money? I know that's all that's always ninety. I'll send them some money. I don't make the money. Okay, Okay, you don't want to do it, Okay, I don't have any money. When it comes comes to shove, you don't want to do it. I don't have any money. If I had money, I will try to help you stop spending so much money on all the crapuation on I go into dance and costumes and all this kind of stuff. Okay, traveling all over for the national of the year, that's right. Why don't Why don't you that's rich. That's some nerve for you to say. I mean, it's just stuck a nerve did because it's because it's now you're just such a money grubber.
Speaker 4: You're just so, I'm a money grubber trying to have you help your anything to take my money you're in favor of.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's just so utterly ridiculous. Okay, if this was or did you invite them to come stay with you for a few days? Not they can come stay with you. I don't have any room like you do. Just give the whole upstairs. Oh oh come okay. It would be like when Donal's mistake with your wife. Never mind, No, you can't come over. It's just it's so that she hates you because you're a rotten bitch. That's what I was. Follow up. I definitely struck a nerve, just it's just such a you're such a rotten person. She's so rotten, how rotten you are? Why don't you buy his mama generator? Why don't you do it, Charlie while you're out it?
Speaker 5: I mean, I I just it's not don't.
Speaker 1: Bring me into it. I'm just I just you know, we're not talking about destitute people here. We're talking about somebody who's an attorney and a doctor who still works. By the way, and uh, I mean, my mother can afford her own stuff. Okay, it doesn't need me to buy stuff for her, as much as she would probably like that. Did she ask for money? No, she did not. But do you think she might have been hinting towards it? I don't think so. But she's not as rotten as you say.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: Rotten, Corey writes your rover. I know you are not going to pay to have the studio readone after I tried to make you agree to the terrible deal. The question I have for you is why can't you change the studio virtually? Just turn it into a green screen like ESPN does. Then you can change it whenever you want. You could have really cool seasonal or movie based themes for a fraction of paying to have it physically built just a thought.
Speaker 5: Remember we worked in La together and we worked in a green screen room and they did that.
Speaker 1: The whole room was green screen. I don't even really remember that was it. We don't. Oh, I really don't, honestly. Uh, yeah, I don't. I don't remember that. Yeah, it was, well, we did. There's a couple of things that a couple. I mean. There's the difference is that ESPN has motion tracking on their cameras, which we probably could set up. But it's it's not as easy as just putting a green screen behind you. The whole thing has to be tied together. All the cameras have to be tied into it, so that if Snitzer moves a camera, the green screen perspective and size moves along with it. Otherwise it's going to look really, really janky. And that's it's not a super easy thing to set up at scale like this. It just but I had a discussion with iHeart last week about this, and they reiterated their commitment to the super terrible deal, which was they want I mean, it's they doubled down. They go, if we have to buy this stuff over, we can't let you. You can't let you redo the studio, even though you're willing to pay for it. What we want to do is we want to pay for it. We want to buy the trash that we buy. Which I would love for them. You know, I didn't get into it, but I would love for them to come in here and see the how everything works in here. Everything that they touch is just it does not work. I mean, look at the screens they have in there. These are just TVs. They can't keep these on for an entire show. These will flicker on and off. I don't know if if you actually see this on RMG tapers, try to keep it off there. But it already happened this morning. Oh we did. Yeah, it will. They'll they'll stop, they'll flash white, they'll stay that way for thirty seconds, then they'll pop back on. And it happens all the time. Now they wanted me to and then so they want to pay for it. Sounds like a good deal. Oh okay, I had somebody to ask about this night. It is totally wrong. I thought they were Are you to pay for it? No, no, they will pay for it, but then they're gonna take the money from me. Oh yeah. Well, in other words, I'm paying for it, but none of the stuff is mine for them to buy the equipment that they get to keep, Charlie. This would be like, you know what, you need a new house. Okay, I'll buy you a new house, Charlie, But then it comes up, I'll take the money from you and I actually own the house. So you pay for the house, but I own it and you can use it for a couple of years while you live in the house, but then rent and it's mine. Yeah. I mean, but you're paying full price. You're actually paying the cost to own it, but you don't actually own it. It's really moronic. But hey, what do I know. I had considered the green screen stuff, but it is I'm sure Sincer can back us up on this.
Speaker 7: Yeah, if we don't move the camera, it's fine. Sure, but that camera it looks really bad. If like it just its so good, Josh, right, you're over.
Speaker 1: I heard you guys talking recently about watching The Long Walk, as anyone watched it yet I stumbled upon it at least a few months ago on Netflix and watched it. I think it's on HBO, Maxix or whatever, No, whatever, I don't know. It's definitely worth watching. Also Cassandra on Netflix. I recommend that too if you haven't seen it already. It's about an entire AI house. It's like the first AI ever. I think it was based in the seventies. The house's name is Cassandra, and she stri tries killing the family because she formed feelings for the guy who lives there with his wife and kid. My son recommended that to me over the winter. It was great, better than The Long Walk, for sure. We all watched The Long Walk. Charlie to watch us, yet did not. Okay, what about this custody? The fist of us watched The Long Walk pretty much Cassandra. Yet I don't know anything about that, but this guy seems to like it. Sounds creepy. David says, whatever happened to the Star Trek memorabilly you purchased that you were going to add to the studio. We still don't know what it is now you don't. It's in my garage. It's never been removed from the crate that the auction house shipped it in. Have you opened the crate? Have note? So you don't even know who you have? Yeah, who might have nothing? And I'm sure that drives your wife crazy. You should have not liked that. When are you going to get rid of this thing? It's clutter? Said? This is your retirement, honey, this is put all my eggs in this basket. A TV show from the sixties that fewer and fewer people even remember as time goes on. Uh, this is this is your this is your nest egg honey. She's she's not too thrilled about that. Monique says, what the f is wrong with Dougie? That's the subject of the cemil But the F is wrong with this woman. Not only does she get every news story wrong, she gets things that she does in her free time wrong. For the love of God, I was interested in Jackie the owl, so I decided to look at her owl. It's an eagle eagle. I decided to look it up myself, and the article states the bird died of a mysterious illness. You know, I did see this yesterday. I saw a headline yesterday and it said that, well, here it is Jackie, arguably the world's most famous bald eagle, dies after a mysterious illness. Now, I did see a headline very similar to this yesterday, and Dougie told me that she had been attacked by two other birds and that's what killed her.
Speaker 5: She was attacked by two other birds, so that's when they took her in to try to save her. And they did everything the things that they did to try to save Jackie, and then she died.
Speaker 1: So it wasn't she was attacked or because it was, it was a mystery illness from.
Speaker 5: Everything from the attack. That's why they took her in and then she died from mysterious or whatever. Okay, but I'm not dumb, and if you're going to accuse me, at least get it right of being dumb.
Speaker 1: Bo at Allentown, Pennsylvania says I saw this and thought it would be a great replacement. Looks like it could be a good deal. Please wait till nine o'clock hour to discuss. I have the day off. This is a new used RV that.
Speaker 5: He Please wait, you want to hold it, Please waitive o'clock somewhere.
Speaker 1: Let me see, I say, we see all right? Here is nice? All right. This is the City of Something Charlie Department of Public Safety Mobile Command Center RV. It's a nineteen ninety three recoachment Mobile Command Center. City of Greensburg now you can drive this thing around, Charlie. People will get out of your way. You turn on those flashing lights. Exactly what he's saved for. I love it. Have a little work area so you guys can I don't know what you'd be working on, but commanding yep and commanding fun. Little kitchenette in there, and it's really nice. I like, well, it's an auction, so that's what I say. The highest bity has flashing lights, It has the reflective like caution tape looking stuff on there. People get out of your way.
Speaker 5: I don't like the ladder on the back of the RV because I love that.
Speaker 1: They'll probably climate and we have a ladder on ours supposed to climb it. Do you go up to the roof things?
Speaker 8: We put our kayaks up there, and when we went to NASCAR, you set up on top to watch the race.
Speaker 5: It just makes me nervous that you'd be drunk and partying up there.
Speaker 1: We're at the front of it. Yeah, that's part of the part of the appeal. Is am I going to get paralyzed today to do that? That is really nice? Jessica writes. Rob was talking about his cat sleeping in bed and how uncomfortable he was. Well, the other night my dog kicked me in the eye while I was sleeping. That sucked. Yeah, I bet Yeah, my cat it's weird. It's like my cat was listening to the show. She goes, okay, fine, you don't want me in the bed. I won't get in the bed. So I take her up to bed. I put her on the bed. She looks at me and she just jumps down. For the past few days she's I heard what you said. Yeah, that is kind of what it was like. I wish I could communicate with my cat. Wouldn't that be nice? Or I don't know, they've seen some stuff I don't know. Yeah, embarrassing. Yeah, I cant would probably say your butt head. I wonder why you would say that, hmm, I wonder. Let's see. Uh. Probably one of the things that I think it probably people don't realize is that cats are lots smart than people think they are. And I'm thinking business is probably thinking when you mentioned bankruptcy box, when you purchase pankruptcy box, okay, I was probably thinking, that's got to be about the dumbest thing you ever bought, or maybe it's going to be the smartest. You don't know. I mean if I turn around and sell Bankruptcy Box that had a profit, the thing is it won't actually be a profit. Like the amount of money that you've spent on your property tax which is very high, your monthly maintenance fee to the condo building, the insurance which I just paid. I was like, oh, you know what, insurance isn't too bad. I just paid insurance. I go, oh, that's not too bad. It's uh, I forget what it is. I don't know. It was two or three thousand a year. I go, oh, that's not bad. And then I realized I got an a letter in it. It goes, oh, don't forget about your other policy, your wind insurance. What yeah, yeah, your wind insurance. Oh that one's going to be like eight thousand dollars a year. Oh you go hold on a second here, So now I'm paying one thousand dollars a month in insurance for bankruptcy Box. What's a wind insurance because you're in a high rise hurricanes? What is that? Well, the other policy does include her, I don't I don't know. It's it's somehow it's can you not do it? No? No, you get it. You have to. Why do you have to have it the building sesto? Maybe no, because I have a mortgage on Bankruptcy Box, and they if you have a mortgage, your lender requires you to have all this stuff because they know that if something wipes the place out, you're not going to pay because you go, I don't even have that place anymore, forget this mortgage. So yeah, so I could turn I believe at the moment, I could turn around and sell Bankruptcy Box for a significant loss. Yeah probably no, for way more than I paid for it, but it still wouldn't equal out everything I've poured into it and my cost of owning it for over the years. What happened to all that happends out in the end.
Speaker 5: I hope what happened to that guy that are the real etor maybe that had a buyer and they were talking to you and we were.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, he had a buyer from Canada, just like you know the mysterious girlfriend that Schnitz had when he was in junior high. Yeah, lives in Canada. I sent them some pictures of the unit because he kept kept pounding me all the time. Yeah, send them some pictures. Rar back from the guy, Oh, your place might be too weird. No, I think that he might have been a I think he might have been a a plant, a spy, a mole, a double agent. That's what I think, because remember the first contractor was the husband of the realtor who sold me bankruptcy box, and he was terrible, absolutely terrible. And I think maybe they just wanted to know what had gone on in there, see what had ended up looking like, and they get a buddy of theirs or something. I don't know. Maybe I'm a conspiracy theorist, but that was my thought all along. Let's see here, Jimmy writes, By listening to your own personal pet situations yesterday, I found it interesting that JLR said nothing about his home residence. Does he still have a cat? Smuts? My daughter's cat. She brings it over every now and then. So you don't have a cat that lives with you. Do you have no pets at your home? Have no pets in my home? Ricardo writes, what's up Rover. I'm a few days behind and listening to the show and just heard an email read about a listener taking their yearly from the Santa fe There are tons of things going on in New Mexico. My hometown alone is the number one swimming town, the number one swimming town. How do you get to be the number one swimming town? Just look up the blue hole of Santa Rosa, New Mexico. Oh is that one of those things where you look it up and it's uh, it's a disgusting vagina blue waffle. Oh no, yeah, that's blue awful.
Speaker 5: Okay, sorry, if it was, it wasn't something.
Speaker 1: Now what is this? It looks it looks like a pond in the middle of a parking lot. This is the claim to fame. It's what's going on with that? Yeah, I'm good, neat looking. Is there something like extraordinary about this? Or is it like super deep? Is it it's really blue? It's like a thousand feet deep in the middle of I mean, it's just it's weird. It's just okay. There are so many things to do with award winning breweries and bars, to host many music events. Karaoke is huge shows Jeffrey would be in. Having the local cuisine too is second, and not because there's no other place to get authentic New Mexican food in the country, and no New Mexican is not traditional Mexican, So maybe the show should come to New Mexico to vacation. Sometimes we have the small town field with everything a big city has to offer. Everything may seem far away, but the drive is half the fun. Love you guys, have a great day. We've been though, went to Albuquerque, don't we? Yes? We have? Is that where? The is that where Cadillac Ranches? I think so. I think it is pretty sure we have been to Albuquerque. Who went to a mall there? Charlie and I?
Speaker 8: I don't remember going to Albuquerque. I also believe that I believe you those schnitz but remember that it.
Speaker 1: Is New Mexico where we turned around when we were no we were near flag Staff, Arizona, flag Staff, Yep. When my agent died, we were okay. Well, I remember being in New Mexico at one point, and I believe we parked in a parking lot off a mall. Maybe it wasn't, I don't know what. It was near the next to the hotel that we were staying at and the number of.
Speaker 8: Drug addicts remember that. Yeah, we went to Cracker Barrel. I think since then I went on a nature walk. I don't remember where we were that was a different city that had what was that place?
Speaker 1: It was kind of small. I forgot, uh.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but we had to lock the doors because they were just surrounding us with zombies like trying to like they're going to try to get in or out.
Speaker 1: I saw my first zombie downtown on here. I think it was last week, you know, like that that street, I think it's in Philadelphia where everybody looks like they're zombies because they're on some weird ass drug and they're just hunched over. I saw that the guy wasn't standing up punched over, he was sitting punched over like this. That's your first time seeing that down? Yeah, you guys see that. I don't know. I see crazy people yesterday. I punched over a frozen kind of a.
Speaker 8: Crazy guy that was just talking to himself, like the type of guy that's gonna end up just stabbing somewhere.
Speaker 1: He's not even aware that he's doing it. He's just going to freak.
Speaker 8: Out one day and he's going up and down, up and down.
Speaker 9: I had a lady get naked in the street in front of me, nice just because I wouldn't even roll my window down. She wanted money or something from me and I went to go around her, so she.
Speaker 6: Pulled her top up, pulled her pants down, swear naked. I'm sure she was hot too. We were in Gallop, New Mexico, so that were okay.
Speaker 1: Yo, Rover. You talked about almost being hit by a ball at the Guardians game, and I have an incredible story. We were at the Rubber Ducks game. It's a minor league team, about eight years ago before they extended the net out. We got to the game a little late and I had to get the usher to help me find our seats and row. You you, there was a family sitting in our seats, which was another reason I couldn't find them, since it was fireworks night and they had a decent crowd. Once we got to our seats, I noticed the people that were kicked out sat in the same row, about ten seats down. Thirty seconds later, a right handed batter hit a ball so hard and I knew immediately was coming right for us. I stood up, thinking I'm going to catch this thing. I quickly realized it was coming way too fast to catch. My eight year old daughter is now sitting directly behind me since I moved over a little to try to catch it. The ball is moving about one hundred and fifty miles an hour, and I now realized this is either going to hit me in the nuts or hit my daughter in the face. What do you do? The only thing I could do is turn my body to take the ball to my hip or my butt. Then I heard a ding and one of the worst sounds I've ever heard. It missed me, so I turned around to make sure my daughter is okay. She was. The ball ended up clipping the metal railing right in front of us, ricocheting off and hitting one of the women that were in our seats right in the side of the head. Blood was pouring out of her head immediately, and her husband was screaming for help. I took the kids up to the concession stand to get them out of the situation. Minutes later, the woman who was being wheelchaired past us, and the family kind of looked at me like it was my fault that happened. I did feel really bad, and we'll never forget that sound. I believe the extended net came out the next year, but I haven't been back to a game since. It never took my kids back to a baseball game after that. Anyways, have a great show and I'll as always stay hydrated. Yeah, they moved, they moved, and then they get hit. What is it about scenes? I'm trying to figure this out now. I'm not talking about I understand why people might try and get like they might try and get better seats. Like if you have terrible seats, maybe you want to get closer. Maybe there's an empty seat, and then you you maybe you'll get kicked out of it if the people show up or whatever. Well, why you said. I've been to a lot of events recently and people will be sitting in my seat, like even I think at the World Cup and they're sitting in my seat and then you you go there, you go, hey, this is my seat, and they're like oh, and then they just move down a.
Speaker 8: Few It's like there's you just keep crying until the person doesn't show up.
Speaker 5: We just did this at the the baseball game we went to. We were all just sitting there talking to people, and then people would say those are our seats, okay, and we get up and go.
Speaker 1: To the next row. Yeah that's annoying, Like I just didn't understand.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but if your seats suck and there's empty seats in front of.
Speaker 1: You, but I get kicked out. I feel like people just aren't paying attention to the seats that they're sitting in. Like it's not even that they're trying to get better seats, they're just in the wrong seats. Yeah, here's a picture this guy sent what the seats look like in the entire row with the railing in front railing? Oh right there? Okay, yeah, all right, the back row you you, Joe writes, you're over. I wanted to test Jeffrey's Family Guy knowledge with some trivia. Okay, Glenn Quagmire has a sister named Brenda. Are you aware of that, Jeffrey, Yeah, he's transgender. What is the name of her boyfriend? Yeah? I've not watched Family Guy in years, so I don't think I could remember. He's already wrong. Here you go. So is Quagmire's sister Brenda not transgender? There's some many in his family that is, So he's wrong. Andy doesn't know Brenda's boyfriend. No, I like that and watch Family Guy in years, but you quote it every day.
Speaker 8: That had the first three seasons, first couple of seasons, Okay, Okay, that's.
Speaker 1: When the show happened. That's when the show was at his funniest. I don't know what this well, how do you know? You haven't watched it. Maybe it's funnier now. I don't know. I'd like to say I haven't watched it in years, So I'm just saying you can't say it's it was at its funniest. I think it's lost a lot of It's the thing. The jokes have a lot. I think they've They've parodied every pop culture reference you can think of. No, they're still better hearing them every day twenty years later. Yeah, they never lose their luster. Here's a clip that the guy said.
Speaker 2: What the hell am I gonna do? She can't marry that bastard. He's just gonna keep beating her, and then he's gonna.
Speaker 1: Beat the kid too. God.
Speaker 2: I wish she'd never met Jeffrey Figelman. You know, I was thinking it with Jeffrey Fickelman. I I had no idea that was that was her. So I always I don't watch like fort seasons when it was The Jullian. It's the original network run, so.
Speaker 1: You don't know who's transgender in the show.
Speaker 7: I think.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know. I'll remember, and I you know, like I said, I mean just like I just I don't watch. I heard, I don't even watch. He can't tell. He doesn't know. It's a major member of the family. Yeah, yeah, okay, whatever, I mean nice, Yeah, I tell you, Yeah I do, father Quagmire's dad. Yeah, okay, okay, Mike says Rover. Dougie keeps Dougie keeps mentioning Kevin Matthews more than ever. She also said he's coming into town. Could he get him on the show for an interview at least in time to verify all the story she has about him? T L y Oh sure, Oh man, this guy he's to blame. He's he created this monster of what's he going to be in town for.
Speaker 5: He's on a he's doing a tour speaking engagement, so he'll be here on Tuesday with.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, I've got to take a quick break. We'll be right back. Hang.
Speaker 3: Rover is emotionally constipated. That's a nice way of saying he doesn't give a Rover's morning glorious.
Speaker 1: I was reading about we haven't heard a whole lot about Ice lately. It sort of flares up for a little bit, you know, though, do something, run someone, over kill someone, shoot some whatever, and then it will flare up for a week and then it's it's kind of back to normal. But I have been reading that they've been doing a lot more enforcement actions at airports.
Speaker 8: Well, they did pull somebody over yesterday and point a gun at their face.
Speaker 1: I didn't see that. I'm doing it the audio, but.
Speaker 8: Here it is just some screaming at a lady claiming she tried to hit them. She says she did not screaming in her face, and they did. They let her go.
Speaker 1: I believe so. So if she did try to hit them, I'm assuming they wouldn't let her go, or it would be my guess. No, I don't like all these you know, the mask. I don't think you should be walking around with masks covering your face law enforcement officers. But anyway, they were. They've been doing a lot more stuff at airports recently. And look, I don't have any issue if you getting people that are not supposed to be in the United States, you could, you know, I don't. A lot of people are upset that they're doing stuff at airports, and I'm like, well, if that's a place to catch people, and you know, so be it. What's what I don't understand is if I go to another country, I don't I'm not so naive to think that if I'm not supposed to be in that kind that they'll be like, oh, well, you're in an airport. We're not going to pick you up there. No, They're gonna pick you up wherever they can. So I don't have an issue with it. But there's a guy. I'll play his story here. This guy he was flying from Atlanta to Las Vegas and he was stopped by ice. But he's an American citizen. Listen to this.
Speaker 10: I'll never approach a door of an aircraft without wondering if there's guy is standing back there.
Speaker 11: John Phillips says it was supposed to be a routine warktrip to Las Vegas, but a Delta agent told him the airline was working to upgrade his seat.
Speaker 1: He just needed to board last.
Speaker 10: I'm the only person there, and.
Speaker 1: That, by the way, is probably a red flag. Yeah, you don't think that we're gonna upgrade your seat put you right at the front of the plane in first class. But instead of boarding first with everyone else in first class. You have to wait until every other passenger gets on the plane. Then we'll take care of you. Who still think sweet.
Speaker 8: But now that you're saying that, if anybody ever says that time, just to leave the airport.
Speaker 1: Exactly, you go, oh, I'm just gonna head to the bathroom then, and then just leave your bags and roun.
Speaker 10: And I get within three four feet of the door and out jumps three agents.
Speaker 1: Phillips says three ice agents and.
Speaker 11: Tactical gears stopped him in the jet bridge, pinned him to the wall, and put him in handcuffs.
Speaker 1: Philip says he didn't resist, and.
Speaker 10: They cuffed me and start asking me, you know, what's your name, what's your birthday? I tell him I'm an American citizen, he says.
Speaker 11: After about five minutes in handcuffs, agents found his Georgia I d and showed him a picture of the man they were actually looking for.
Speaker 10: He looks nothing like me other than that he's a white guy and I'm a white guy.
Speaker 1: Phillip says.
Speaker 11: Agents told him the other man was from England. I shared his name and birthday. Immigration attorney Charles Cook told me I still must have probable cause to make it a rest.
Speaker 10: There was no probable cause here, I'm matching name and birthday is not probable costs.
Speaker 11: I mean when they realized that you weren't their guy, did was there any apology?
Speaker 1: No, not at all. And Phillips Now to wait, they didn't apologize. Wait a second, I wish they had body camp. They they a lot of these guys don't have body camp. You tell me that they wouldn't apologize to you after they that's not surprising. It will long fully detain you. I know, I'm surprised by that.
Speaker 8: I don't advise camp because they're kind of dicks and they don't want to do They just do whatever they want.
Speaker 1: They're pointing guns, but they're still regularly there's still people that are that are doing a job. And I would assume that they would realize, oh man, that we probably scared this guy or whatever. I would I would expect an apology if that happened to me. I would be shocked if they didn't apologize. So this immigration attorney, he's like, well, they have to have probable costs. Was he actually arrested? I mean they put him in handcuffs? Is that that's more than being detained right now into the handcuffs. Okay, so what they did is that wrong? Look, the guy had the same name and the same birth date. That's probable cause, isn't it. Well I don't know she said it was or somebody said it was my lawyer.
Speaker 12: But let me just investigate. How did they find him? Were they just sit around looking at people's names. I mean, I don't understand how.
Speaker 1: They Yeah, that's that's that's another interesting thing. Now, Delta the airline, they're like, we don't provide any information. Well, okay, you had. First of all, you were obviously working in conjunction with Ice. Yeah, otherwise you wouldn't have come up with the ruse of oh, we're going to upgrade your seat. That was that was completely made up in order to get the guy.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Second of all, I assume that the government knows everybody going through an airport on every single day, right Like when I go to when I go to the airport, I'm assuming I've already bought my ticket, right so they know they have my name, they have my info, they have my TSA pre check number, they have all that they know I'm going to be showing up. So this guy they must have known. I guess they knew that he was showing up, but it's the same name and birthdate, so they have So the airport's must keep a record of everybody coming in who has a ticket. They know who's going to be there that day or next week or whatever, if you've bought a ticket, and so they must provide that to the government, which I would assume they would. I don't find that to be a big surprise. And then this guy's name and birth date match somebody that they're looking for, so they show up in order to get them that day. I don't know, is that wrong. I mean, it seems like no harm, no foul, Other than if they didn't apologize to the guy, I'd be like, come on, you, you should you should apologize to something. It was only about five minutes, but I wonder if they did, And then how weird would you feel getting on that flight Now that you're the last person on, like ten minutes after everybody else's boarded the flight, you get on and people are gonna look at you. I guess they didn't see him getting.
Speaker 5: I don't weird at people when they're just coming. The last people you see stragglers all the time.
Speaker 12: What about the flight attendants once you look weird at them because they're the ones who told you to wait or whatever?
Speaker 1: Yeah, why did you tell me to wait? Yeah, I'd be really angry. Huh. All right, so no apology, he says. They don't have body Well, they're supposed to all eventually get body camps. They go, oh, well, you just don't have the budget for that. We we can't get body camps because bodycams would alleviate a lot of the questions that people have about what's going on. And I do see that they have They do have a lot of money for something else that they're going to They're going to get twenty million dollars they're going to spend on g l o V g l o v E g l o v E. That's right, glove generated low output voltage emitter glove. Get it. And it's a pair of gloves that are like you know those weird like tactical gloves, Like they're like the little leather gloves. Maybe sometimes they even fingerless. I don't know. They're they're gonna wear those and these they can hit a switch and then they grab you with these gloves and they they zap you to force compliance like sock. Yeah, that's right. It's like taser gloves almost, but it's made by a company called Compliant Technologies LLC of Lexington, Kentucky. So they're they're spending twenty million dollars on those.
Speaker 9: Just get those hand buzzers remember those when you were a kid?
Speaker 1: Shock zap them? Do those actually shock you or do they just make a noise? I think it's buzz but scared. Remember I did have one of those when I was a kid. It's been so long though that I don't think I could bought it out of the back of a like the back of a comic book or something like that or some some some something. I have ye with your sea monkeys? Yeah, yeah, anyway, So twenty million dollars are going to spend on gloves.
Speaker 8: In order to it's better than shooting people all the time. Yeah, you're right, that's true.
Speaker 1: But I think body camps are the first thing that they need to invest in so that we have an answer and there's a there's accountability. Chris says, did they end up upgrading the guy's seat? I don't even know.
Speaker 8: If he made the fly, he better have got that first class seat after that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I bet he didn't. Oh man, what a You know, I'd sort of be upset with the airline too if I were that Guy'd be like, you guys duped me? Like you guys on this like gun? Yeah, I would. I would be upset with the airline if they if they did something like that to me, would they be a lawsuit? I'm sure he yes, don't you think? Well? Probably. I haven't watched the rest of this news story, but let's see what they say how this happened.
Speaker 10: I just some flabbergasted that all of the security that we have at the airport, that they don't know that I am the John Phillips that lives in Georgia and is not an English guy.
Speaker 1: Hey, you wouldn't think that the government, don't they have all these contracts with Palings here. Isn't it just like a gigantic AI database that they've developed on everybody. Wouldn't they know that's not the same guy. There are plenty of people with the same name. That's a common name. Plenty of people it's the same name and birthday. In the United States of America, there's three hundred fifty million people here, you're bound to have a lot of same birthdays and same names. Yeah, that does seem like a miss. And I've been in touch with Ice throughout the day.
Speaker 11: They are still working on a statement, but did confirm to me this actually happened. Now, Delta released a statement to me say in part, Deltas employees do not have insight into or control over law enforcement decisions, and our role is to ensure flights operate safely and customers are treated with respect. We are reviewing this event internally and are reaching out to the customer directly. Now.
Speaker 1: I don't have any issue with with but Delton got in on the action. They're like, oh, yeah, yeah, we're going to upgrade your ticket. I mean, it was all lie. I get it. They if they say, hey, we're going to arrest somebody on you on the jet bridge, okay, but they're not involved in that. But to actively lie to the guy, I don't like that. So we'll see. Oh there's another Did you see this story, Charlie about the about this state trooper in Arkansas who body slams and punches this eighteen year old woman. Don't you see this? I don't know what to make of it. I've only seen a lot of people complaining about this. I haven't watched the whole thing. Some woman gets pulled over. She's driving with her hazard lights on down the highway, speeding by the way with her hazard lights on, and that's just the way of Hey, look at me, like, if you're speeding, why would you put your hazards on? Anyway, So she's pulled over, she has her hazards on. Something apparently happens, I think. And then she gets out of the car and let me see here, Okay, she gets these. She gets out of the car, and he's going to arrest her, I guess, or put her in handcuffs. And she you know when they say almost anything constitutes a resisting arrest, and she's she's kind of like maybe she turns her body a little bit here here, you can watch.
Speaker 13: This, keep her take a lot two steps towards. Yeah, let me get your left hand roots left hand rootie.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: No, he slams her down, body slams. He's gonna punch your I don't give turn away, turn around, tang around, hang around, watch me.
Speaker 14: I need to turn around. I'll bunch you again. You don't turn around, turn around? No, no, we're pasting.
Speaker 1: Watch me my head, no game. So then he gets his taser out. He's gonna tase her. I'm good, just like he gave me. So that's crazy. Eventually he does get her in handcuffs. Now, yes, she's eighteen. Now. Eventually she goes, you can't punch me in the face, and he says, who says you're Now this is not the whole video, Charlie. You could grab the whole video. I haven't. I haven't. Something leads up to this. I saw a story somewhere. Where is it? Hmm, maybe this is a different Maybe there's a different Lincoln here, must be. You get this off a TMZ. Is that where you got that, Charlie? Oh, I saw one, And yes, it's the full video from where she's getting pulled over. You see your driving, she has her hazard lights on. The cop goes up. Now apparently what he's claiming, or what they are claiming, is that he wrote her a ticket and she I guess signed the ticket, and she I think was in her car, and they claimed through the clipboard at him. Whatever that means. When at some point during the traffic stop, yeah, before ring cup. Ye, yeah, so he was agitated by that. I think so he didn't want to mess around. Now you said, dougi. It is interesting because you go, oh, she is resisting. That's what you said. You as you were watching that, you go, oh, she's resisting. You said that. I heard you said that out loud. See her resist you did. Did not mean you punch her or body slam her. It did seem to escald't try quickly?
Speaker 5: Didn't it was she drinking or the only thing was just speeding right U with hazards on.
Speaker 1: That's I believe to be true. Now she did. I read that she was also got a speeding ticket or something two or three days before this, and she did have a bottle of alcohol unopened with her. She is only eighteen. She had a bottle of alcohol with her, and they gave her a warning. And then I'd like to see this whole video of exactly what happened, because something must have gone down before this, because if they I mean, let's see this at end.
Speaker 13: Keep your hand, but take a lot two steps towards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me get the left recruit recoet. She did turn away, okay, so she right, so she she did turn away from No, No, he did not need to and what did it? What could have happened there? He just grabs her and throws her down. Now she is now he turns her around. He's got a hold of her arms here at this point, what is there any explanation? Could she have done something to the guy, bite his finger or something. I don't know, But what's he gonna say? I mean, that's then he just throws her down here and then just.
Speaker 12: She touches gun. I don't know what people are going to be saying. I'm trying to think of it. I don't know, because look, I mean, her hand goes back. Is that where he's going on his lip? Right there?
Speaker 1: Let me see here? No, no, I didn't really even see the hand go back there, stut.
Speaker 9: But he has her arm, so that also could be because he already grabbed her arm and her hand movement is just him pulling her arms back.
Speaker 1: I hear's somebody that says, who cares dude follow directions when he breaks the law? An adult not listening and crying, Let me call my mama needs someone to teach him right from wrong. She obviously hasn't been raised properly. Geez, now, look, I don't disagree with that generally, however, I would say there's an appropriate level of force that's used in order to affect and arrest. And it appears that that was just out of the blue. It escalated very very quickly, unnecessarily, I would say, and so that, yeah, you should comply, but just if you don't comply, you know, immediately raise it to that level. It could have been handled much much differently. I think has he been put on? You know, I got a promotion. He's not the chief of police. There's no I don't know. I got to take a quick break. Eight sixty sixty year were over his are number? What are you have coming up? In the shizzy theres I was sent a video.
Speaker 5: People know that I like the weather, and there was an incident that happened on the highway. People's all kinds of sending me this video. You gotta fire up ARMGTV. It's during a storm. What happened on the highway, It's unreal.
Speaker 1: I'll love it for you next. All right, we'll get to that in just a minute. Somebody says she threw the clipboard after she was handcuffed. Well, Charlie, can you find that whole video? Let me go through that and see and take a quick break. We'll be right back on Rover's morning glory. Hang on,