Speaker 1: Hey, if you don't lack America, then you can get it. I thought this was America.
Speaker 2: Is this America?
Speaker 1: I thought? I thought this was America?
Speaker 3: Hey, did you guys see this? Side just texted me and reminded me. But somebody on Instagram send me this stat. Do you guys see the viral video that's about Ravens Vikings?
Speaker 1: You see this really bizarre stat And did you see this?
Speaker 3: Maybe the Ravens and the Vikings somebody fact checked this, but the video had a whole bunch of views. So my guess is somebody else has already fact checked this. The Ravens and the Vikings have played seven times in their existence.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The three times the Vikings have won the game, they've gone to the NFC title game. Oh I heard, yeah, yeah, the four times they've lost, the coach gets fired that year.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: So the video basically is this game on Sunday is gigantic because the Vikings are either going to the NFCY title game or KOs is getting canned.
Speaker 4: I can tell you one of those things for sure is knocking at happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a crazy stat. That's crazy, all or nothing, NFC title game or firing. It's like Tice Frasier Zimmer.
Speaker 1: Who am I forgetting childress? Maybe I don't know something like that. Yeah, what do I remember?
Speaker 4: Did in twenty ten? Did we play the Ravens?
Speaker 2: I don't remember you played them in the Vikings home wins? You played them in nine and twenty seventeen at home? It must have been in Uh must have been in year one as well.
Speaker 4: So yeah nine, So nine we win and we go to the Nancy Championship.
Speaker 3: Get Yeah, so two thousand nine and seventeen we must have played the Ravens in one all three anyway, strange stats, so.
Speaker 1: Good luck, chaos, sweat it out on Sunday, buddy.
Speaker 2: No, sorry, they played him, they lost in They lost to him in ninety eight. They played him in two, didn't they going? He must have won they won two. I wasn't even here.
Speaker 3: They wanted Nordos shaking his head because Norda was giving me a thumb up. Now he's shaking his head to say, hey, Nordal, come in here and explain this, to see if we're right or wrong or not, or if we're watching this.
Speaker 1: Nordo's got it. He was giving me the thumb up. So with whatever.
Speaker 4: Such a good job on the post game show.
Speaker 1: By the way, exactly do both. So what's the deal? Are we mostly right? Yeah? It's mostly right.
Speaker 5: So they won in ninety eight, they go to the title game, and then I think they played in the it's at the end of the one or O two season when Denny gets fired.
Speaker 1: Oh two? Yeah? Is it?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Oh two? Yeah? So you have in front of you. Yeah. So nine, they win and they go to they want it.
Speaker 2: They won in in ninety eight, they lost in two when he got cammed.
Speaker 5: I think Denny had been fired maybe earlier that year. Does that sound right that he was in season?
Speaker 1: I think you're right. And then in five they lost.
Speaker 3: Must have been Tye got cannedya Tye? They won, and O nine went to the NFC champions Thanks Ben, sorry about that.
Speaker 5: They lost in twenty thirteen. That had to have been les Leslie goes bye bye.
Speaker 2: They won in twenty seventeen NFC Chanel, and then they lost in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 5: And Zimmer gets three points. All right, so over thirty Yeah the ot game, Yeah hideous? You know a lot, So there it is. Yeah, your recall is fantastic.
Speaker 1: Thks for having me.
Speaker 4: There's going to drop it. Hawk is on our buses, man, there's like most of the people on our buses. Most of the people on our buses are listening to you guys on the postgame show. You do a good job, man, I appreciate that. No, we try to have fun with it. Wins very helpful as it pertains to fan live.
Speaker 3: Okay, but now that you've been doing this full time in the last couple of years, yeah, don't you. Don't you agree though, that losses are more fun from a fan line perspective. That is true, a little easier to do a win because there's less stress, there's less people pissed. But the losses are more entertaining programs because everybody's pissed about everything.
Speaker 5: It is and then upon what time of day the game is the the alcohol infused nature as some of the talkbacks and things very good.
Speaker 1: He calls it from the garage.
Speaker 5: He tries to tries to mask his voice because we've we've all been to Gentlemen's Club.
Speaker 1: We know exactly what that voice sounds like. That says his name is Dave Testinies on stage. Now, Uh, you know, fan line is cool.
Speaker 5: The only The only frustrating thing can be just the unreasonable ebb and flow of it. After the Chargers game, it's fire everybody. After the Kiddies game, it's.
Speaker 1: We got JJ.
Speaker 5: We got JJ when a week before you're talking about how he'd get killed behind that O line and then we saw it. Yeah, just the ebb and flow. It's kind of fun. And I can just throw it to Ron, and Ron starts quoting your soccer.
Speaker 1: Movies and saying that some offense is vanilla.
Speaker 4: He does bring up Chris Tucker movies a lot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's got a very very small catalog of films. I think it's basically it's the Wire, It's Rush Hour two and any given Sunday, that's about it. That's Ron, and that's why we love him Sunday too.
Speaker 4: You're right he brings up he does.
Speaker 1: You're right, he's terrible. Willie Beaman, for sure. What do you guys got today? We got well, we got Ben Lieber. So oh yeah.
Speaker 5: He gives you all his A topic takes and then he gives us his B plus takes.
Speaker 1: We'll take it, and so we're looking for Yeah, he always brings it.
Speaker 5: We have Nestor Apparatio excuse me, just some guy on the Ravens and then we got charge at eleven.
Speaker 1: What a name? What does he do for the Ravens. He's a long time radio news guy.
Speaker 5: We met him when we used to do the Combine every year, and he was on the concourse at Lucas Oil and you could hear him thirty feet before you got to the door to enter the stadium.
Speaker 1: My name Nestor Apparicitio.
Speaker 3: That sounds like one of those coffee machines that Clooney sells.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, yeah, you met him at the You said you met him at the Combines.
Speaker 1: We met him at the Combine in twenty fourteen ish.
Speaker 4: Is it weird to talk to him without dollar bills in your hand?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Without Bob Hagen standing next to you.
Speaker 5: Oh, picture's a core, there's popcorn, shrimp and uh yeah, Muss's voice at the Flamingo.
Speaker 1: Check it out. Yeh man, I love it all right.
Speaker 4: Thanks, listen to this real quick, guys. I know we're doing F five. I think you buildings builders mothers dot com. But I'm inferring from the headline that Kirk Cousins is going to get his full ninety million dollars for later because he didn't get traded, and I don't think they're going to cut him. He's going to get ninety million dollars from being in the backup.
Speaker 3: Course, this has got to be a thirty for thirty at some point, right, Just what the Falcons did the last twelve months and why they did it, because almost none of it makes sense and it didn't work.
Speaker 1: So if it had worked, they could have.
Speaker 3: Been like, let us tell you exactly why we did this, and here's the trophy, right, But the fact that it blew up and everybody was screaming, why why are you drafting Panix? Or why are you not trading Kirk? Or why are you not? Like there's so many whys and I don't understand the answers to any of them. As Tommy would.
Speaker 1: Say, good cue, where is the a.
Speaker 5: It's one of the most shocking draft moments I've ever seen, and I've watched it for almost thirty years, and as we all have learned, no one was more shocked than Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 1: He signed on his way to like that, did you guys do.
Speaker 4: That really is a terrible thing? Yeah, for a guy, I mean, it.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't have signed right, It's simple.
Speaker 3: He would have stayed here, right if you signed with the Falcons going, hey, we're gonna give you a ton of money, but we are absolutely drafting a kid that's gonna the second you fall off, whether it's this year or next year, he's he's taken over. As Kirk said, he would have let the Vikings do that. If that was the plan, he wouldn't have left. He would have let him draft McCarthy and passed the baton in a year or so.
Speaker 6: See, now that we're at the place that we're at, what scenario does it work out for the Falcons? Like in what scenario a couple of years down the road where we are now where you like, man.
Speaker 2: That was actually really brilliant, right right, because if Pennix is awesome, it was still a waste of money.
Speaker 4: Still a waste of money. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The only way it would have worked, in hindsight is if Kirk was just on fire, that team was as low as they thought it was and they won a title. They didn't, So to your points, there's no turning back now, it just didn't work.
Speaker 6: That's the only scenario where you feel like, Okay, they invested in a guy that got them a Super Bowl, but it was a multi year deal, so you so. And then Pennix was the oldest quarterback in the draft at the time. I think it was twenty four when they drafted him. So you're gonna sit him now for what two three years? And he's twenty six twenty seven years old? Is this first time starting quarterback? I don't even really know. I mean, I mean, it could it be Ben?
Speaker 4: The answer your question the only and of course I hope this doesn't happen. But if Pennix get hurt and Kirk comes in and takes him to the Super Bowl, is that the only way it pays off?
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, it even then.
Speaker 4: But you know what I mean, like, that's the only way for it to be at.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's like you're really trying to thread this really really tight needle. It's like, well, it's just it just seemed like bad business the second that they they drafted Penix. It seems on the contract that gave it hirt it seems like somebody in the front office loved it and somebody who had more power in the front office hated it, or vice versa. Right, and then take it a step further, you put him on an offense that's the complete opposite of what he's good at.
Speaker 1: Yes, correct, you know it's like you.
Speaker 6: Put him in shotgun and sometimes pistol, like what, like, that's not even what he's good at.
Speaker 3: I have not seen pennis play except for what the one Vikings game. Right, Yeah, so far this year eight touchdowns, three interceptions, an eighty eight passer rating.
Speaker 1: That's obviously not great.
Speaker 4: He played all the games, he.
Speaker 1: Played all of them, one played, it was horrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and his completion percentage is sixty point eight. Yeah, so not not great anyway. So not terrible numbers, but again not light up the world numbers either.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Can I bring up something that is kind of a left turn? But it's still in sports. So I was talking about this the other day with somebody about like why football fans sort of live and die and we we ride this tidal wave of like emotion. Right, It's like your team wins a game and it's like, oh my gosh, you know, you start thinking about all the what ifs, like we are a great team and you lose a game and you're like the lowest of lows, especially if you win two or you lose two or you go on these little streaks, right, and you know, the obvious answer is like, well, we only got seventeen of these things, you know, so it's like every game has carried so much weight. So I've never actually done done the math. Now core you probably have, but one seventeenth of the season is about six percent. So every week, about six percent of your season's gone. Right, So if you take that to other sports, so like baseball is what one's sixty two, So that's like in baseball, that's nine point seven two. That's the math, right, nine point seven to two games. So the Vikings losing or winning a game is like going on a nine to.
Speaker 4: Ten game winning streak.
Speaker 6: That losing streak in baseball, that's really something so think about. So think about the emotions of that. Now, So the Timberwolves where they play eighty two games, So eighty two games times six percent, that's almost five games. So think about your emotions if the Timberwolves lose five games in a row or win five games in a row. Wow, it's completely different. And then you take that and like, okay, well they've lost two games in a row, and you know, let's say the Vikings lose you know, let's say the Vikings, we we win against Detroit, we beat the Ravens. That's like a ten game winning streak for the for the Wolves.
Speaker 3: That's a good point. And let's let's stack your theory, because I love that theory. Let's stack it, especially with a young quarterback. If if Anthony Edwards and the Wolves lose five games in a row, to your your point, right, the six percentage or or so, but they're in let's say in four out of five of them, and Ant's really good, but they just keep getting.
Speaker 1: Like just edge at the end, you're like whatever, not the end of the world.
Speaker 3: In football, if you're a young quarter looks like he can't play, it doesn't just feel like you lost a game. It doesn't just feel like you lost nine straight games. In baseball, it feels like the next five years are gonna be nothing but losses. So it's not just you get to see battles back and forth over five NBA games, it's he sucked for four quarters, which means we're gonna suck for the rest of our life. Like it feels so much worse when you're young quarter Like if Mahomes has a bad game, it's like whatever, he's gonna kill it next week.
Speaker 1: Young quarterbacks definitely make.
Speaker 3: It feel like, man, there's just no hope, right, And then you add the math you just threw on it, and you're like, oh my god, that's a good point.
Speaker 6: But it sort of justifies it and verifies. Like I think, why if you're a football fan, both college and pro, why it hurts so bad sometimes when you lose? And why feels so good and you fork when you win? Because you think about the gravity and the weight of every single week and you've got six days to prepare. You talk yourself up, you talk yourself down, whatever, And it's like, man, you put that in context, if the Wolves won ten games in a row.
Speaker 1: You'd be super pommed. He would be so pumped.
Speaker 4: You like punch our tickets to the championships.
Speaker 1: Well said down, Well said, Well.
Speaker 3: Said bank Uh Tom Pella Sero next Power Trip Morning Show on the vanir.
Speaker 4: Hey Powtrick Morning Show. Here we go about to bring in our very good friend, Tom Pelasaro. Thanks for our friends at Bell Bank. Now each week you can nominate a charity for their Paid Forward program by going to KFE dot com put in the keyword bell a bunch of different keywords, but just trust me that do that and then nominate your charity this week, Karen Lloyd nominated can Do Canines can Do Knees at Candokneines dot org. They transform people's lives by creating mutually beneficial partnerships with specy trained dogs. They breathe, they raise, they train, and they play. Six types of assistance dogs hearing assistant dogs, mobility assist dogs, seizure assist dogs, Diabetes assist dogs, Autism assists dogs, and facility dogs. Brilliant work. Everybody benefits. Thank you, can Do Canines. Thank you Karen Lloyd, thousand dollars. You can't do canines, canines. I can don't know. I'm having such a hard time with that. Thanks to our friends at Bell Bank. Thank you bell Bank, not only for that, but for bringing us our very good friend Tom pilasera. Good morning, Tom. That's what I was afraid that we can't hear him. That's what Zach's not here.
Speaker 1: We'll figure it out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sorry tom My. Best what he was going to say is hockey look real good today. Thanks Tom. That's real sweeten man. You look real cool today. Thank you. You look real good. Well, does Tom have an accent? I'm unaware of men.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, there's a there's a song from like a commercial where there's like this, Oh yeah, it's riding his bike and it's I think it's Apple super Bowl commercial. It's a super Bowl commercial. It's like a really catchy song. It's like I think it's like a Latino band or something like that.
Speaker 4: If if we can't figure that out, would you just have him called the hotline?
Speaker 7: Please?
Speaker 4: Nick back there, if you wouldn't mind just having called the hotline, we'll do it without looking at this pretty face.
Speaker 5: Today.
Speaker 4: We got Sam for five seconds, but I now we're just doing it on the phone if we have to, So Thomas Pallisera will join us momentarily. I'm gonna go ahead and turn my mic off because apparently I can't talk anymore. Too much singing with Prince last.
Speaker 1: Night, Oh yeah, all the hits man, Yeah, i'd that go.
Speaker 4: I so good.
Speaker 6: I was thinking about going to that, but then we had state volleyball. Congratulations to Beanil they they won last night three straight sets. They did on the Friday. They play at eleven o'clock, so yeah, it was great. What a weird environment though. I mean, I gotta admit the that arena being split up into two courts, giant arena. You know, it's like there's people there, but you know how it is. It's like there's when there's people there but you're in like you know, eighteen thousand seat stadium or whatever it is. It's like, okay, are there people here?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 6: Like it's it was a little empty, felt very cavernous.
Speaker 1: Sure, but they won.
Speaker 4: But they won.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 4: They won. Yes, feel pretty good about ourselves. But stay focused, stay focused. Yeah, that's a fun sport right there. I love it. I freaking love it. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I would say that, going back to high school, if we offered volleyball during basketball season, I probably would have tried volleyball over basketball.
Speaker 4: I like basketball, don't love basketball, but I love playing volleyball.
Speaker 1: That's fun, interesting, not even sand on a beach, just full on hard court volleyball.
Speaker 6: I looked forward we had we had co ed volleyball in a high school, just like one time, one time a week, for like a series a couple of weeks. I look forward to that night of playing volleyball more than I did any probably any basketball game.
Speaker 1: I played in and that's too bad because I would have killed to be on the basketball team. Yeah, but I sucked.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but if you played a Vermillion, you could have made the bat. You would have been a starter on the basket.
Speaker 1: I played at Chisago and I couldn't make the starting lineup. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: No, I mean we were, but we were not.
Speaker 1: No, but I also couldn't dribble left handed? Would that have helped him? Vermilion man? Yes, they needed something? It didn't matter the right terrible, Yeah we did.
Speaker 6: We would not have figured that out until like the second half. Like you guys, notice he's never driven with his left hand.
Speaker 2: Can't go left, and he's winking at everybody in the stands and he's the whitest kid I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Literally hadn't been outside of them though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Blake Moore was trying to figure it out. He passed away. So just guess what Tom would have said? Hey, can we asked Tom?
Speaker 4: Ask you?
Speaker 1: Tom?
Speaker 3: Thanks for thanks for joining by the what I thinks to bell Bank for a time Pellow Sir vikings Ravens on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Your thoughts, Tom, I think it's thanks for having me, thanks to Bell Bank. I think it's going to be a tough environment. Uh. Lamar Jackson is twenty four and three against the NFC. Hey, let's see if he does a better job.
Speaker 3: Sorry about that. That was a bad Tom Pelasaro impression. Oh I'm sorry, Hi, Tom.
Speaker 8: Who knew Zach was the brains of the operation?
Speaker 1: I know, right, Zach goes on vacation and the whole thing falls apart. Man, it happens.
Speaker 4: He does it on purpose, though, I think he you know, it's that's job security right there, for you to go without him. We can't do without him, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Man, Well, so while we were trying to connect with you, Tom, we had Sauce try to pretend to be you and it didn't go well. So let me ask you the same question. Vikings Ravens on Sunday. Your thoughts.
Speaker 8: I think it's a fascinating matchup. You got a Ravens team that's kind of clawed their way back into this thing, you know, finally with Lamar back Brokewan Smith. I mean they I know what the record was out of the gate, but all the injuries. It wasn't just Lamar. I mean the defense was gutted. You know, they just they had a lot of different things going on. They look like a really tough team and they're going up against a Vikings team that I mean, I don't even think it's close. That was by far their best game of the season last week in Detroit. I was there. I thought that the you know, the game plan that Flow had to really bring just all those interior blitzes, you know, four stared golf to move in the pocket and not let him be able to see you know, over the middle. It, you know, clearly impacted that Lion's offense beyond what we normally see, you know. And then offensively, you know, nobody, nobody could completely know what was going to happen with with JJ McCarthy. But he went out and I know he only threw for what one hundred and forty something yards, but the throws that he did make were big time stuff. It was impressive. So, you know, hopefully for the Vikings Aaron Jones can go this week. I bumped into him when he was walking out of the X ray room. He said, he's basically had the same injury on the other side before. It's a little a se joint Sprain. He's competent, He's going to be able to go. He looked the best of he's looked this season. I think it's going to be a really interesting matchup from between a couple of teams that you know, really need to stand.
Speaker 6: Well, that's the thing I was going to ask you, is is the health of Aaron Jones? And then you know you you kind of contrast that with the new side of the new look Ravens. I mean, because the last three games they're very very good against the run. The first few games before that to start of the season not very good. Sasa's guy Kyle Hamilton's now being used in the box at the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 4: That's a whole different look.
Speaker 6: Their their rookie safety Starks is now playing more of a true safety position. Like where do you see the who wins that battle versus us on the ground with a with an Aaron Jones out there, because obviously we look different, we feel different with him out there versus this new look Ravens defense.
Speaker 4: What's going to give there?
Speaker 8: Well, in terms of the health on Aaron Jones, we'll just see, you know, does he get a full boat? That was the plane going into the game. He looked greaty at all of ninety something yards from scrimmage in the first half before he got hurt. Seems like he and the team is confident he's going to be able to go. But you know, does Jordan Mason get a little bit more work? That's obviously going to be the question. And the Ravens. The Ravens has struggled defensively the entire season, but getting real Kwon back, Kyle Hamilton back, you know, those things are really big deal. I think that's it's really fair to say that the formula for the Vikings needs to involve not having JJ drop back and throw the ball forty times a game. I don't think that Kevin O'Connell wants to play that style of football. It's very much as much as it can be a cliched ben it's like, you know, the complimentary football of just being able to be really good on defense, be able to control the game on the ground, and then just make enough throws. That's that's kind of what they did last year with Sam Darnold. You know, the approach for Kevin on a weekend week up basis was just, you know, just get him easy, easy, completions to get him in a rhythm and then maybe five times a game have him make you know, what you would call a tough throw. And you know last week when JJ was asked to do that, he absolutely delivered. But there's no question running the football effectively is going to be a big part of the formula moving forward.
Speaker 2: Hey, Tom, we saw on Tuesday the NFL trade deadline came and went, and we saw the Jets basically they did not Basically they traded their two best players for three first round picks. Are the people around the league shot that they didn't have a full on fire sale?
Speaker 8: No, I mean this is you know, it's not a fire sale in terms of just you know, trading guys for anything. But certainly when you trade Quinn Williams and Sauce Gardener, I mean, that's that's as much of a blow it up as you're going to see in the modern NFL. I was not surprised by Quinn Williams. That was in the works for quite some time. There were several teams in the mix. It was just a matter of were they going to be able to get enough for Quinn Williams to justify making the trade. You know, he he really wanted a fresh start. He'd been there through a lot of different regimes and a lot of losses. You know, he felt like the time was right. But they weren't just gonna, you know, offload him just for one first round pick. You know, the shocker and I don't get shocked. I make it my business to not get shocked much. But the Sauce Garter trade was a shock because that is a you know, he is by every advanced metric one of the best cornerbacks in the NFL. Because they just paid him on a big content extension in July. That's not the profile of a guy that you normally trade away. But the Colts got really aggressive. It was Monday night into Tuesday morning. They stepped up and ultimately give two first round picks as well as you know Ady Mitchell, who they were ready to move on from the wide receiver. But you know, for the Jets to make that type of move, this is a true, you know reset for the organization. The reason they were able to trade Sauce was his contract. Even though he got you know, this monster deal, there was only thirteen million in the signing bonus. And when we talk about cap hits and why teams can't move on from players they paid. It's because you're signing bonus. I'll put this in simplest terms possible. It's pro rated for cap purposes. So if you got a thirteen million dollars signing bonus, ten million of that is pushed into the future, but that's all. It's how you got a fifty million dollar bonus and then you got forty in the future. That all slams your cap next year. This was actually very movable because now the Colts pick up that contract to pay a twenty million dollar option bonus next year. So the cap savings in addition to all the picks by moving on from these players makes a big difference for the Jets. I also found it fascinating that they actually wanted, you know, in the In the Cowboys deal, they got a second round pick in twenty twenty six and a first in twenty twenty seven. Generally speaking, GM's view future picks and slightly less valuable than immediate picks, But the Cowboys wanted the third first round picking twenty twenty seven, and that's for a couple of reasons. One that's generally regarded as a better Draft two, it's generally regarded as a better quarterback draft, and so if you're talking about getting the quarterback, you know, having all that ammunition out into twenty twenty seven, it really allows them now to kind of execute a three year plan for getting this team where it needs to be, all right.
Speaker 6: Tom Pella, sero, thanks to Bell Bank. So the question then is about the Vikings in the trade. Were you surprised that nothing was done, like whether they you know, I think after the Lions when certainly we were probably more.
Speaker 4: Buyers at the trade deadline.
Speaker 6: But were you surprised that they didn't do anything and did you hear of any maybe something in the works that just sort of fell through?
Speaker 8: Not really, no, honestly, I mean, I'm you know, I was tracking all of it, and the Vikings were unusually quiet. But I think that that's, you know, partly because they made the trades that they made in the off season and gave up picks for the likes of Jordan Mason. That they've committed a lot of money, They've got a lot of cash into this roster, and that there's not you know, a really obvious hole that you could have upgraded on the team. I mean, sure you'd like to get you know, maybe another corner, but corners were at a premium. Look no further than the sauce garter trade, where the Colts were surveying who was available, you know, for the normal types of trades you see, like third and fourth round picks, and they didn't think any of those guys were really an upgrade. They trade two ones for sauce. The prices just weren't at a place where it made sense for the Vikings to do something. I know they poked around on a variety of different things, but there was never momentum really too from my understanding, to get something done.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 8: The question we talked about it last week was whether they would, you know, bring in a backup quarterback or somebody else, you know. And JJ McCarthy's performance I don't think is you know, the driving reason they didn't, but certainly it helped. You know, if JJ went out there and didn't play well, maybe you have a little bit more urgency to hey, we might need to get a veteran in the room to help them. They're rolling now with They got John Woolford there, but they're rolling with with JJ and Brosmer there was never you know, I know that you know, Kirk would have loved to come back even if they were in a backup role, but the Falcons had never really shown the urgency to deal them in terms of having a reasonable number on the pick as well as the cash. And so you know, there the Vikings stood pat which is not something that happens very often. It's certainly not for a lack of equasy exploring different things. It's just nothing was really dialed up. It didn't feel like they had a really pressing need, and nothing, from my understanding, really came even close to fruition.
Speaker 2: The main need is you just said the Vikings have as possibly a cornerback. One of those is scheduled to visit. That is a Sante Samuel Junior. He is a scheduled to visit here tomorrow. Is that maybe one of the reasons they held back on finding somebody to trade.
Speaker 8: Well, the Asanse Samuel Junior. You know, the reason that a player like that has like a five or sixteen tour set up is because you know, medical he needs to go in and get physicals in different places without getting you know, too deep into the leads on the nature of the injury. It is something very serious and very scary that he's coming back from and he had a surgery, and this is not an injury that a lot of doctors thought surgery was going to be able to fully fix. And so it's not just a matter of his doctors clearing him. It's a team medical staff clearing him. When you're talking about a neck issue, a spine issue, those are really sensitive types of topics. It makes sense though he's a really talented player, he would have been probably the corner to get paid along with, you know, the guys like Carlton Davis in this past free agency class if he were healthy. The fact that it's November and we're talking about him taking a medical tour just shows you how significant this is. It doesn't mean that the Vikings or someone else won't sign him. I would just say, you know, this is not him coming in and meeting the coaching staff and deciding where to go. This is these teams wanting to put him through a battery of tests and make their own determinations. You know, every medical staff has there's thirty two team doctors with thirty two degrees or risk tolerance. Everybody's going to make their own judgment on this because it is something pretty significant.
Speaker 6: Then you got another one for you get to go, h No, I guess maybe from an extent, no standpoint are just like if I guess, I'll ask you if I'm not going to say who's going to win, but if the Vikings were to win this weekend, which it is about split you know, national media is kind of split on like who's going to win this game for you know, a variety of reasons, but like, what's the one thing you mentioned the run game? What's maybe the one thing you'd like to see the Vikings do that would help them win this game on Sunday.
Speaker 8: Honestly, it's continued growth from JJ McCarthy. He had a long time to think about coming back and to get himself fully healthy and prepare. You know, I talked to JJ in the locker room last I think it was last Thursday. I could tell you know, he was just he was very juiced up for this game. You know. He told me the story that his infant son had been sick last week and so JJ was sleeping in a separate room in his old college bed, and so he was, you know, thinking about all those moments that he laid in that bed and was and was dreaming of having these big opportunities in the NFL. You saw him walk in uh to the stadium wearing the you know the JJ or the you know the JJ blue collar shirt that Jim Harbaugh gives all his players. It was back in the state of Michigan. There was a lot of there was an emotional element to it. But it's not a matter of going out and winning one game. It's a matter of stacking those games and improving and getting better over time. And that's what you know, we need to see from JJ McCarthy is just to continue growth. I think one thing in that game that didn't get enough attension. We all saw, you know, the big throw late to Naylor on third down to Kevin O'Connell and trusts him. We saw the throw to We saw the throw to Jordan Addison that goes right through his hands. That Justin Jefferson touchdown is a run play. If you watch it, I thought it going live, it's a It's a run play that JJ had practiced during the week that the you know, basically, it was as Justin Jefferson told me, if we get press coverage, then you know, throw that ball. Not every young quarterback is going to pull that ball and throw it in that moment. And JJ did it, and he throws an absolute dime and Justin Jefferson makes a heck of a catch. You know, those are those are rare plays. Royre guts and to put the ball on a dime, he doesn't have to do a ton. He's got to do enough. He did it in that game. Let's see if he can do it against another tough team on Sunday against the Rails.
Speaker 4: One more for you, dot Com, Tom, And I think I'm the only person that's discussing this, but I find it endlessly fascinating. So again, thanks to about Bank, Tom Pelasero. When you're out clubbing with Roger Goodell, you guys are just hanging out being bros. Does he like seventy yard field goals or does he hate seventy yard field goals? Do you know what I mean? Does the league think it's good for the league to be able to kick those balls that far?
Speaker 8: I mean, I don't think anybody's complaining about just the absolute bombs from the wrong side of the fifty right now. You know, they did change the rules and I'm not going to say the phrase because you guys will just laugh at it endlessly, but US three it. The kickers are now allowed to rub their balls before the game, and so it makes the difference in terms of preparing those caballs where they can kick it a much longer distance. That's also why you know the nine to one ones, those run on field goals are much tougher because they can't swap it out for the caballose the balls are the balls, they're just different. Now. I'm not gonna be able to get myself out of this one. The balls are different than what they've been kicking in the past, and it's just it's allowed these things to happen. I think it's a great thing for the league. You know, they've wanted to put the footback in the game, whether that's on kickoffs or now in terms of the field goals and the kickers that ever since the extra point got moved back several years ago, you know, it became that much harder on them because now also an extra points weren't a give me. This now allows the kickers kind of to roar back a little bit and say, hey, we've got another element to the game that we can bring. I think it's great and I've never heard no complaints from Roger or anyone else to believe.
Speaker 1: You cut out for a second. What's the deal with the balls?
Speaker 8: The kickers are allowed to rub their balls before the game.
Speaker 4: That's what I thought you said kickers man, But I'm guessing quarterbacks on linemen are allowed to touch them. Am I right?
Speaker 8: Just just stick that in the button bar?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: About bank again? To nominate your charity please KF dot com.
Speaker 3: He just question, Yeah, whatever, isn't it funny? Like nobody trusts us?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 3: He could say when an NFL network all day about like, yeah, the kickers rubbed their balls to get that, and he could just not even have to think about it. And then on our she was like, oh god, I don't even know if I should say this.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I mentioned this on the air or not. But I was listening to uh to Ben Gestling on his podcast with his two co hosts last week, and his one co host said something and completely like he burped. Guessling said button bar, and I could hear like in his voice he was embarrassed.
Speaker 1: You know it's cafe exactly. Yeah, hawk. I know you've seen Arrested Development.
Speaker 3: It's like, I think it's season two where uh Tobias is saying everything filthy but he doesn't hear it, and Jason Bateman's character basically says, why don't you buy a tape recorder and just just tape yourself all day and listen back to your phrasing.
Speaker 1: H it's the Blue Man.
Speaker 3: Group exactly, because he just doesn't hear how every sentence he says is double entendre.
Speaker 1: And absolutely, it's such a good one.
Speaker 4: Of my favorite characters on television.
Speaker 2: I'm so good. I blew myself. It's so good. It's so good.
Speaker 4: Watch that second season.
Speaker 3: The second season is one of the best seasons in the history of comedy. I like the first season in the third when it starts to fall off, but season two is the season.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Just the idea that they're driving around the truck, that that they allow people to deboard a plane. Yeah, that's the only car these gods. Who's got to drive it around?
Speaker 3: And I love how many little pieces of foreshadowing they have for Buster getting his arm bitten off by the seal. Yeah, there's there's I don't know sure there's a website somewhere that's collected them all. But I think the last time I saw it, I noticed finally for the first Remember how he's in the army in season two and he keeps calling it army like I'm doing army. Even the fact that he's referencing his arm saying it like army is funny. But right before he gets his arm bitten off by a loose seal. Yeah, of course he's dating or trying to date loose seal.
Speaker 1: All season long.
Speaker 3: He's sitting on a bench and it says like army something official, but he's blocking all of the letters except for the ones that say arm off.
Speaker 1: Brilliant. It's like, man, that show thought of everything.
Speaker 3: How many different ways can we show that he's going to lose his arm? Even earlier in that season, he's had like an arcade.
Speaker 1: With one of those crane games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the clause we like to call it right, and his arm's going to end up being a claw and one of the prizes that he gets out of the claw game is a stuffed seal. Like all season long, they show that a seal is going to get him, but you don't You don't know until it's so good.
Speaker 4: I've never read all these before. That's fascinating.
Speaker 1: All right, keep going on because I'm sure I've missed a ton of them.
Speaker 4: Okay, so bust up signed you you mentioned that.
Speaker 1: That's the best. That's right. I think that's right. Before it happens, too.
Speaker 4: Bruises on Job's face. Let's see, Job gets a bruise on his face that is identical to the one he gave Buster, foreshadowing Buster's own injury. I don't know. Lucille breaks off a human shaped hand from a simul driving to the hospital, drawing a parallel to Buster's injury. Wow, Buster's misreads alarm off, his arm off.
Speaker 3: I believe at some point, doesn't she say something like there's no handbook for raising a child?
Speaker 1: I think that's yeah.
Speaker 3: I think I think that's maybe a stretch, but that might be a slight nod to the fact that he's about to lose a hand.
Speaker 4: George Michael reenacts Luke Skywalker's losing his hand in Star Wars parodies by cutting off a mannequin's head with a broom.
Speaker 8: So good.
Speaker 1: When the doctor says he's going to be all right, and.
Speaker 2: They all get excited, and then he goes, Then he goes, well, I wouldn't be this excited getting that news.
Speaker 1: And he goes, what do you mean you said he's going to be all right? And he goes, no, he's gonna be all He's lost the ability to use his left hand.
Speaker 2: He lost it so good, that's such I wouldn't have taken the news this well.
Speaker 3: I don't know who wrote it. I don't know Mitchell Hurwitz, I believe is the guy that created it. I don't know if he's the writer of all of the episodes, but man, it's just the attention to detail is just outstanding.
Speaker 1: It's so good.
Speaker 3: And for the one thousandth time, I truly think the country was not ready for that show.
Speaker 1: It it was.
Speaker 3: It was the beginning of the non laugh track era, and it was too smart for the room, and the country wasn't told one to last. There was no laugh track. So I don't get this bit. This isn't funny, and it's one of the funniest shows of all.
Speaker 1: This doesn't the bit when they knew it was canceled.
Speaker 3: That season three, Yeah, they they knew they were in big trouble, so they just would have.
Speaker 1: What's this guy's name Happy Days guy.
Speaker 3: They would have Ron Howard, well, Henry Winklers also on that show, for sure, but Ron Howard is the narrator. Just openly begged to tell your friends to watch this show. We're in huge trouble. Yeah, which is a super interesting play to just lean right into the fact that your ratings are not good and you know you're on the brink of getting canceled. We should do that at some point, whenever our ratings start plumbting. We shouldre a narrator.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we should. Probably. Carl Weathers is in the show. That's also there's so many good cameos, so good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Julie Louis Dreyfus is in season two and she's fantastic. Is the it's so good, the fake pregnant blind lawyer Bill.
Speaker 4: That's great when it's funny and smart. Yep, that's like, that's the winning commedy. I can't even believe it. Menace so good. Oh, by the way, complete left turn, Well not really, I'm listening to this boo about always sunny in Philadelphia right now and the you know, the beginning of and everything like that. There is a direct correlation. A line from Reno nine one one to always Sunday in Philadelphia. Really yeah, and I would it would take on the scenes, Yeah, yeah, behind the scenes about the people who created, how it got created, why got created, all that. It's it's uh and it doesn't surprise me after knowing those two shows so well. But uh oh man, I love both those shows too.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 3: Yep, gees yeah, resid Development is on Netflix. Where where's always Sonny the Whole Home?
Speaker 4: It's on but it was on FX.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ex so is right right? Still going correct?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, right now it's.
Speaker 4: Time for head line.
Speaker 3: Headline brought to you by my friends at Wolf River Electric at Wolfriverelectric dot com. Go solar highly highly recommend you, dude, I did about a year ago.
Speaker 1: It's awesome. Get the solar panels put on. Yeah, man, making some money off the sun? Make that cat? How much money did you make off the sun? Are you greater than the sun.
Speaker 4: It's a good question.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not greater than the sun, but I'm making some money out I'm not greater than either. Yep.
Speaker 3: Half of Generation Z and millennials admit to quote lying about their wealth or financial success while dating.
Speaker 1: I know I've gone over this before, but about.
Speaker 3: Twenty years ago, I went on a date and was asked my salary on date number one. That was after she asked my religion and political affiliation. And like I've said on this show a number of times, she seemed to be able to get past the religion one. She seemed to be able to get past the political affiliation. But when I was like, yeah, I'm not, we're not. I'm not telling you my salary, that was the one that I think would have been the your hands up a billion?
Speaker 4: Who you're talking?
Speaker 7: I'll tell her whatever, I'll convert, I'll get more jobs. He'll bring a what do you mean, I'll rob a damn bank. If that answers your question.
Speaker 1: I'll bring a text.
Speaker 3: But I mean, I assume on dating apps, the whole idea of a lot of.
Speaker 1: People projecting more wealth than they actually have is a thing.
Speaker 3: But this says only about half admits actually lying about financial success while dating. That's different than lying on dating apps. If you're actually dating somebody and you lie about what you're making, that's that's a little bit different.
Speaker 4: Don't you think, man, dating apps seems scary, Yes, sir, they just do. They just do. Man.
Speaker 1: I used them yeah, obviously lucky.
Speaker 3: A council in Scotland, No, you didn't, that's true. Fox News worked. Yeah, one of the best bits of all time. Uh, inside joke. A council in Scotland was forced to edit the recording of a meeting after a member live streamed her himself excuse me himself going to the toilet and forgetting to switch off his camera.
Speaker 4: Oh oh boy, boy, that be terrible for me. I get up to a lot of Shenanigans on the toilet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's reading time for you.
Speaker 4: Really, Yeah, for sure. And you never know what my choice is, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: No nobody does.
Speaker 3: They are saying Pizza Hut could soon be up for sale as it continues to struggle to compete, so somebody might just buy them out.
Speaker 1: I like Pizza Hut.
Speaker 4: Oh man, that teenage shows after football games with the entire team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the one.
Speaker 2: Nah, there was one by the high school and then the one. There was one in Excelsior that had like the old school feel to it. They're both now gone.
Speaker 1: You graduate from high school.
Speaker 4: Did that Pizza Hut got a business?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: When Yeah, Lawyer Lambert stopped writing them checks for my tab Yeah, they all went down. Yeah, pizza, breadsticks, fresh and hot. Ten out of ten?
Speaker 4: What about the garlic prep of the cheese on it?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, yeah, you do love food, which is great because today is National men make Dinner Day and National Nacho Day.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I had nachos the other day and I can make dinner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, why don't you just make nachos for I could do that for Her name.
Speaker 1: Is Oh that's a woman's viewpoint. It's Kelly. That's nice. Oh thanks Rice ros Yeah. How often do you make dinner? Probably three days a week.
Speaker 3: Here we go, thanks, she makes it the other four you guys go, we go out or yeah, or she'll make it.
Speaker 1: So you would say it's about fifty to fifty. Yes, sir.
Speaker 4: You want is salivating when you see it.
Speaker 1: What a match made in kitchen heaven.
Speaker 4: What's your specialty?
Speaker 1: I hope the table shack? Yep, I do that. Yeah, it's kind of anything else throws Julianne. Is that how he said?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, my specialty is probably that I could make if probably back in cheese or she made me a pie, I'll.
Speaker 1: Make you a pie. That worked for a couple of years.
Speaker 9: Yeah, worked on Hawk oh man, there's an article from Entertained, a weekly back in twenty thirteen, specifically about the writers room and the rest of development.
Speaker 1: And how smart they were to read it. Hey, can I ask you guys a quick quick question?
Speaker 3: Go on?
Speaker 1: So that new movie is it Neurinberg? What is that about?
Speaker 4: It's about after effects of World War Two and convicting. They yeah, yeah, it'll be fascinating. And yeah, well you can't tell that's him, can you.
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 5: They barely show him too. Yeah, Russell Russell Crow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that'll be a hell of a thing.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow Derek Sheldon, new manager of the Minnesota Twins, will be here about seven thirty or so, so we'll have a good like forty forty five minutes to talk to him, get to know him, and then play initials at eight fifteen tomorrow with Derek Sheldon. So, if you're a Twins fan, tune in around seven thirty or so tomorrow morning. Power Trip Back five thirty to nine tomorrow nine to noon is next.
Speaker 1: Ty already have plenty forday.
Speaker 4: To have a job. I love you. I hope you have a great day. I hope you go out and just enjoy it and make the most of it, oh, y'all.