Speaker 1: It's Marcus in the morning time once again for second date update back from the weekend brought to you by Flavors of the Peninsula April twenty third through May third. Perfect for a first date, a solo date, or a date night curated menus in special pricing. Make your reservation now at the San Francisco Peninsula dot com. Let's go ahead and see if we can make some magic happen. Derek is on the phone. Good morning, Derek.
Speaker 2: Hey, Good morning Marcus.
Speaker 1: You do Hey, dude, I'm doing all right. So I want to talk about this situation with Leila. I know you guys been online and I understand she has ghosted here after your date. What did you guys do for your date? Can we talk about it? We try to see if we can get her on the phone and figure these things out.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I appreciate it. You know, I'm bummed. I'm not really used to being ghosted. We hung out in Oakland. We kind of bounced around a couple of spots. Okay, I felt like a win. I mean, I you know, I've I've been around the block. I know when there's good chemistry, and this was off the charts. We were laughing. It was a great time. We even kissed at the end of the night, right, so that I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, I usually a good sign. Although, come to realize, there are people are kissing bandits, guys and girls that just like to make out and it means nothing to me. It means the world, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I felt it. I felt the fireworks, you know. Okay, yeah, so yeah, after the kiss, you know, we ended up getting into the same uber Okay, yeah, just more efficient, and I had the driver drop me off first and then take her home after. You know, I wasn't going to push anything further than that and leave it at as a as a good first date. And sure, that's what I thought it was. But then nothing radio silence. She went silent. So I just don't know what happened.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, like I said, we're gonna call her. What I'll have you use mut your phone and then you can listen and we'll see. Let me see what she says. I'd love to get you a second day, but let's just try to get some answers.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Well, let's go ahead and get into it. Let's let me call her and see what's up. Go ahead and meet your phone. Okay, so good, here we go, bud. Hello, Hi is this Leila? Yeah? Good morning. This is Marcus calling from from Star one O one three from the Morning Show.
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good. I don't suppose you listened in the morning, do you?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I don't, sorry, Okay, no, it's fine. I'm sorry if I woke you up. Okay, I wonder do you have a moment to be on the air with us? Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure.
Speaker 1: We're doing a segment called second Date Update. And so I got your phone number from one of our listeners. His name's Derek. He says, you guys went on a date and he had the best time. He'd liked to take you out again. I understand there was a kiss, so, but he's feeling like you ghosting. I don't know if you are or not. How did the date go for you?
Speaker 3: I guess I am ghosting.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's like, ugh, So it went really well, yeah, up until the car ride at the end of the date and when we were going home, I mean I was like really like I was really excited and like we were really connected with had like there were no issues.
Speaker 1: That's what I said.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I that's true.
Speaker 3: But once we got in the uber, it got kind of weird. So what happened was the driver had like the destination plugged into his like GPS. It was Eric's house, and immediately Derek started like giving directions to the driver. And it was at first started just like, hey, you might want to cut over here. It was helpful, but then it just kept going and he got really insistent and it got very awkward and he was second guessing the driver's route and he just like would not stop micromanaging this driver. I mean, it wasn't yelling, and but he was. There was an edge for sure, like he needed to be right.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it got weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it got weird, all right.
Speaker 1: So the other half of this is that I've got Derek on the phone. He's he's on mute, but he's he's listening in and so, okay, Derek, I think we have our answers here. Derek, are you there?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So okay, are you hearing what she's saying?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 1: Did it get did did he get weird in the vehicle?
Speaker 2: I listen, I hear what she's saying, but that's not how I viewed. I was just trying to help. Honestly, I know the area pretty well. I was trying to save some time, make the ride a little bit smoother. The driver, I don't know, he was looking so hard at his GPS, he was hesitating. I was just again, I was just trying to be like, hey, there's no worries, buddy, like take take a left here. I don't think I was aggressive about it, you know. I mean I'm I don't know, I'm a little beside myself here that that's how it was. I was taken because I just trying to help. Really, I mean, I just.
Speaker 3: Don't understand what's the big deal if the ride took like a couple extra minutes. I mean, we're not getting charged more. And it was also it felt like maybe he was in a rush to like end the night.
Speaker 2: No, it was a fit, like it was just effiicient and it wasn't about ending the date. I had a great time with you. I just I didn't want I thought it was awkward that the guy might have not known where he was going, and like I'm a passionate person, like I'm not sometimes that comes off as a little intense, but that doesn't mean I'm angry or yelling.
Speaker 4: I just again, I was just trying to help honestly, Okay, I just didn't feel that way, Like it felt like you had to take control of something that just like didn't need fixing, and it just kind of killed the vibe.
Speaker 2: Okay, I didn't realize it came off that way.
Speaker 3: Yeah it did. I mean the bigger issue is like it made me question how you handle things when you think you're right.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. I got posted over directions. I mean, this is I don't see how you interpreted all of that from maybe having a slightly intense tone when trying to help us get home faster. I don't know if this is worth throwing a great night and some great chemistry away over.
Speaker 3: Honestly, it just sounds like, I mean like this is like the kind of the same issue, Like Derek. It sounds like you think you're right about this and you're insisting and instead of taking in what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's let's take a pause for one second. You guys, we've made the issue known. Maybe Derek could take it under advisement, Lila, maybe we could do it. You want to try this again?
Speaker 3: No, I'm okay. I think so. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, fair enough, hang on, hang on, yeah, not gonna happen anyway. Second date update