Speaker 1: Listen Beaverville. Come on man, I like the Alaskan Pipeline.
Speaker 2: Morning, lady and gentlemen, and welcome to video message number twenty nine.
Speaker 1: I'm like a dog in heat. I woke up yesterday morning with a spring of best to start later, please, I could never know if the day was usd FDA. Listen up. The Radyes just came in for last month. We are number one. We just grabbed every key demogram super duper. That's nice. Fight a goo nto gay. Yes boy, that is good news.
Speaker 3: It is the twenty sixth, the day of March twenty twenty six. Good Molovo budday. Welcome to the Department Boarding Show Thursday, best day of the week, Old Tommy Olsen, that old sub bitch, Old Ben Lieber on his way in.
Speaker 1: As well as cast oh thousands.
Speaker 3: Here's some comedy from Ryan Dada who on collecting baseball cards. It is opening day of baseball season. Welcome to spring, ladies and gentlemen, come on in. I am glad you are here.
Speaker 4: I was a huge sports fan growing up, loved baseball, collected baseball cards for years.
Speaker 1: They were my favorite thing.
Speaker 4: I spent all my money on them, and I was going through my collection recently, and I realized that they're just pictures of dudes. Like no one told me. I was collecting thousands and thousands of tiny, wallet sized portraits of athletic.
Speaker 1: Men, but they're height and wave written on the back of them.
Speaker 4: Now, I keep them in pages of nine so everyone could see nine guys at once, like these are my Seattle boys. All these guys are from Chicago, and here's a picture of Frank Thomas stretching his quads.
Speaker 1: Put it in the hard case. It's a strange thing.
Speaker 4: To hoard, is what I'm saying, you know, beneath my mattress, so no one can get to like.
Speaker 1: Oh, don't bring the corners.
Speaker 4: That's my favorite man.
Speaker 1: Leave them where he is.
Speaker 4: And no one told me that it's like strange or irrelevant because they're pictures of professional athletes, so it's normal, I guess. But if I was collecting polaroids of local softball players, people would have a problem with that.
Speaker 1: Gaze at a graveyard. F side is we I agree? Feat us on your side.
Speaker 5: You hear the distance under this se in you stray.
Speaker 1: Howard True Morning Show, Thursday, March twenty six. This is the fan. That is sauce. That is Chris. I am Corey. You mentioned.
Speaker 6: Tommy Tommy will be here short, Yes, Tommy, Tommy, Tommy.
Speaker 1: Tommy Olsen. Hell yeah, man, can't wait. Toms will be here in a second. Scooty Doo human cocaine. Yeah, it'll be great. It's raining, man, it's raining, men, it's raining.
Speaker 3: And I was in my van in the parking lot, a sleep in ant, and I didn't I thought, you know, this could be the first day I broadcast live.
Speaker 1: From my van. Did you drive just straight here?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. That took curves and stuff. I mean, after Delus he followed the road.
Speaker 3: I followed the ride, and yeah, that would be fun. I should drive like a like a like the like The Crow flies, just straight, no matter what's in my way. Yeah, you know, stop letting things get in my way, I guess is my point?
Speaker 1: Oh straight? Does a crow fly though? Man? Good point? Yeah, I mean he probably.
Speaker 8: Dips and yep, moves out of the way of something with his hand up on his hip.
Speaker 1: Yeah. When he dips, you dip, That's what I'm saying. Yeah, great song. Never saw the movie The Crow.
Speaker 6: It was a big deal because and died but never saw it, and people I still dress up as the Crow for Halloween sometimes and I'm like, really, was it even a good movie? Or are you just doing it? What are you doing it for? Wasn't there a remakeing it was?
Speaker 1: Was his son?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, Like, didn't they redo it again? Didn't they redo it with his son? What am I? I know Brandon Lee was Bruce Lee son?
Speaker 8: Yeah, so they did it with Brandon Lee's son. I didn't know Brandon Lee had a son.
Speaker 1: Maybe he doesn't. Maybe I'm making that up. What do your brandon? Just Google twenty twenty four. I mean, hock you saw it, didn't you?
Speaker 3: I saw it five times accidentally, by the way, five times accident.
Speaker 6: No Bill Scar's guards in it. There's no US Billy yep, Billy Scars guard.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I made that whole thing up.
Speaker 8: It's eighty eight percent on Rotten Tomatoes the original.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no kidding, Yeah, people loved it. I saw it. I't remember as long time ago. I saw it too. I'll tell you, I don't know if we're missing much.
Speaker 3: That's a good bock man, I understand one to dress like that's a good looks.
Speaker 1: Good look.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, I don't know. I've been locked into this look for ten years.
Speaker 1: I'm not changing my look.
Speaker 8: Yeah, right, so you'll turn it back yep. Old career the og Yeah, thanks, yeah, man?
Speaker 1: How about them t Wolves?
Speaker 9: Is it?
Speaker 1: What a win?
Speaker 6: Didn't see a second of it, but saw all the highlights and replays this morning. Man, the biggest comeback in NBA overtime history. With an asterisk because the play by play only goes back to detailed play by play only goes back to nineteen ninety seven. But still that's thirty years.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: They were down thirteen because the Rockets scored the first thirteen points of overtime and then the Wolves scored fifteen straight to win it.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 8: And then Durant at the very end missed the first you throw on the file with like six seconds left or something, and then he purposely missed the second one and it went out of bounds on the Wolves, and then the Wolf they the Rockets inbounded it, but they deflected the inbound pass and time ran out.
Speaker 6: Think how many people, even though I think it was in the first like what one minute and fifty seconds or something, But when the Rockets score the first thirteen in overtime. Yeah, I think how many people just left? Yeah, it's overtime over God, dang it, it's the games. It's late because it was an eight thirty start.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, like we're down to the colts.
Speaker 6: Yeah, right, so there's no one left. They just score the first thirteen. You want to go, Yeah, let's go. Yeah, and then by the time you get to the parking lot, it's you know, the Wolves are up too because Randall hits the shot. You're like, why did we just leave? And we're already here until eleven thirty one.
Speaker 10: Listen to it on the radio anyway, Yeah, they caught all the action on the way home on the radio.
Speaker 1: Good you were listening, right, I I stopped my show just to listen to it. Oh you did? I did.
Speaker 6: How about our guy Alan Horton in the last couple of days getting an acknowledged for fifteen hundred.
Speaker 1: Games behind the microphone for the Wolves games of.
Speaker 6: Of basketball, Timberwolves basketball specifically.
Speaker 1: And he did, uh, let's play hockey. Some hideous games? Most of them? Yeah, most of them.
Speaker 6: I think out of the fifteen hundred games he's done, he's liked about a Baker's dozen by himself.
Speaker 1: Oh man, he's great. Listen to him. He seemed excited.
Speaker 2: Al Randall with us fine to shoots Julius on a run shop Saw praise himself.
Speaker 1: Furn's god.
Speaker 2: Temberwolves take to leave one ten to one, await, I'm fifteen of all.
Speaker 1: Then a Sounder run unab believable.
Speaker 3: And then it was like this, and uh like this and Al.
Speaker 2: Randall with us fine to shoots Julius on a run shump Saw praise himself take Furner's god.
Speaker 1: Did I just play the same one? Joys my fault? This one one point one of time for a catch.
Speaker 8: Shoot that's not too oh, that's that's the end.
Speaker 1: Stop it. One point one plenty of time for a catch. Shoots the Andersons on Durank. They lob it out.
Speaker 2: Deflected Safari Smith hasn't it doesn't even get a shut off.
Speaker 1: The Wolves have done it.
Speaker 2: They've rallied from thirteen down in overtime to win it.
Speaker 1: I'm fifteen run to end overtime to win by two.
Speaker 3: That's why even at the game, I like to leave and listen to the end of the game.
Speaker 1: All says he's good and you can hear mel.
Speaker 6: Sauce you know how they have the probabilities and game flow charts on like yes dot com and you can see alone if this time with this deficit, what is one team's chance of winning from here on out? When the Rockets scored the first thirteen points of overtime and world one O eight to ninety five, what do you believe their percent chance was of winning that game?
Speaker 1: According to ESPN Analytics.
Speaker 6: Ninety eight ninety nine point seven. What station is that? Is that the score? That's the plush? So let me ask you a question, saus. If these two teams played that game a thousand times when it was one O eight ninety five with three oh one to go, they played that game a thousand times, I'd be tired.
Speaker 1: How many times would the Wolves win? Once? Isn't it once? No? I said? Ninety nine point seven? So a third point three times? How many games would they win out of a thousand? Two?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 1: Never mind? Well, no, what is it? It's three oh seven? Got it? Oh yeah, three got it?
Speaker 6: Next year Rockets would win nine hundred and ninety nine seven, nine hundred and ninety seven times.
Speaker 1: Oh got it? I got it?
Speaker 8: How about this our guy, Allen Horton tweeted this five hours ago. Minnesota led by eleven with three point thirty left in the game. Houston then went on a thirteen oh run to Fay force overtime. So basically and then Houston and OT started on a thirteen oh run. So they went on a twenty six to two run in that game and the Wolves still won. That's incredible. Good for the Wolves. They needed that winning. They're winning all these games without.
Speaker 6: And well they also won that one without Jaden for part of it because he left with a leg injury. Na's got ejected, Rudy fouled out. Io didn't play because he's got a sore calf.
Speaker 1: That was That was the c squad. Yeah, and and my friends are called ooh Sea. They like to swim. Yeah, we like. We like the go fishing and swimming and boating. Yeah, they hunt manatees.
Speaker 8: WHOA, yeah they do. They definitely do. They definitely do. Hallelujah. Well yeah, that's sweet man. Now they're still they're in the fifth seed. I think Denver's won like fourth straight, so they're a half game back of them. The LA Lakers, like nine game winning streak with snapped the other day, although they won last night. The end of this is gonna be fun, really fun. That's gonna be Christ's favorite part.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the best three months playoffs. No, the end of this is his favorite party. Oh yeah, you know what. It's football season tomorrow. No, no baseball season starting today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm saying all the sports are starting Tomorrow's football.
Speaker 1: God, that'd be great. It's March my seventh, right, as long as you don't skip the draft. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow is the opening day of the third season of the United Football League the Birmingham Stallions.
Speaker 1: Is that your team and the Louisville Kings at Lynn Family Stadium and louis Are you going? Of course? Oh? You are? So is this show's over?
Speaker 3: I'm driving down to watch the UFL the Kings versus the Stallions.
Speaker 1: Who's which one do you like? Well? I like him both. Who's your favorite player on the Kings? Cherry Cherry Baby, he's pretty good? I kill me. You guy's name? He hate me? That's like kill me. That's what a really state up comedian that just thinks he's the best. I kill me. It's I hate or you hate me? Or I hate he hate me? He hates me? I hate me? What I that's me. Yeah, that's yep, you are correct.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, we got the Birmingham Stallions, the Columbus Aviators, the Dallas Renegades, the DC Defenders, the Houston Gamblers. Yeah, we need some Gambler merchandise.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 6: Could you be friends with somebody that legitimately has like a Stallion's jersey and cheers for them like they're the Vikings. That's that's not somebody I want to spend time with.
Speaker 1: They're not. We know Dave Um probably has one. Dunny who your brother? Oh? I thought you said Dave oom? Oh dog? Does Dov have a what is this? Is this UFL or what uf L? He might he?
Speaker 8: That's something he would be into because it's against the grain. No one else likes it. Oh wow, so interesting, Dov. You're still liking the Stallions of Bermian Hill.
Speaker 1: I think. Look, I think that's father in law likes it. I think or No, that's the Canadian Football League. Look at the Houston Gambler's logo. Yeah, are you right for the UFL?
Speaker 12: Brother?
Speaker 1: No, it is brother. Swing ball you guys, I actually didn't. I just felt your spring ball six years spring ball. You just grabbed for the first time was six years he did prep? Did prep for this show? Prep for this show? But for this show? Did he go for football prep?
Speaker 13: Dudes?
Speaker 1: Scouting dudes?
Speaker 14: Old?
Speaker 8: Is that's that you said when they caught you? Now I'm here, you guys, leave me alone?
Speaker 1: Why did I walk ros? I don't know. Why do you have a measuring case? Oh? Yeah, it's great to be back. What do you mean where were you? He's been gone a week? Was that here last week? Yeah? You're think. It's good to see him. Man, it's great to be here. It's great to be here. Tommy out of nowhere? Was it yesterday? Two days ago? Two days ago?
Speaker 6: I get a notification on Instagram that Tommy sent me a direct message?
Speaker 1: And let's see what Tommy's got a lot of times I send.
Speaker 6: Him like gifts of like a point break or whatever.
Speaker 1: It's normally some inside joke, and he sends me.
Speaker 6: A clip and before I hit play on it, it's it's Balmer and I'm like, oh, I wonder if this is some new remix or some weird clip or what.
Speaker 1: Nope, it was just him from that speech where he famous.
Speaker 6: Developers and he's like and he's sweating through his shirt and I'm like, oh, this is just a historic clip. Okay, But Tommy loves Steve Balmer, just yelling developers fifteen times.
Speaker 1: Well, you've got great energy. I mean he's definitely your spirit. Oh he's the best. That's something you want to work for. Yeah, that's the whole point, right, he freaking the best. He loves it.
Speaker 6: Man, if you look through I got a podcast for you if you love Bamber that that acquired podcasted like a two hour interview with Balmber and he's fascinating.
Speaker 7: Yep, because the whole theory behind like the stadium he built, doesn't he is that a different guy?
Speaker 1: No, that's it and they they talk about it in that.
Speaker 6: He talks about his ownership of the Clippers in that podcast too, and it's really good.
Speaker 1: Oh really yeah, I definitely listen to that. Yeah, he's he's developers. He's the best developers. With Bill k No, I mean, they're the worst dancers of all time? Is that one they had twelve? John Bonus is up there was it Microsoft word or something? One of them?
Speaker 10: I forget was Microsoft making micro hard. I mean that's a different meeting. Tommy goes to.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, but actually, you guys, I'm not even kidding. Okay, I took a look a deep dive in. This is gonna be captivating radio to be deep diving to.
Speaker 7: Gopher Football twenty twenty six roster.
Speaker 1: And I'll break it down for you guys. It's all the radio teams. Man, that'll be elite. It will be elite.
Speaker 3: You know who the head coach of the Dallas Renegades is in the uhl ufl Dusty Man?
Speaker 1: Rick new Heisel? Really here the guy who you never the head coach of the Columbus Aviators? Is is it? Bob Stoops? Ted? Oh? Really? This is good?
Speaker 7: Is it?
Speaker 1: New Heudel?
Speaker 6: The one that had to teach Cana Reeves how to throw a football in point?
Speaker 1: That's right and good.
Speaker 8: Every once in a while during a CBS halftime report, he'll just start playing guitar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he rocks and rolls. Yeah, you guys remember a J. Mccarrn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, head coach of the the Birmingham Stallions, the.
Speaker 1: Quarterback right crazy? Was he for Alabama?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: Not that long ago either, right? No, that's the guy that saving like jumped into his arms famously.
Speaker 8: He was like a name we brought up when one of our quarterbacks got hurt.
Speaker 1: How about this.
Speaker 3: You know the head coach of the Louisville Kings is Chris Chris Redmond. You guys remember Chris Redman. Oh yeah, quarterback exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, from Louisville.
Speaker 3: Ricky Froll, head coach of your Saint Louis BattleHawks, which I bought us St.
Speaker 1: Louis BattleHawks had. I don't know I do, of course you did. You did? Yeah, long time ago, like last year. What do you think they're getting paid? I had money chips and dip. Well, good for them. They're they're coaching, they're getting paid.
Speaker 6: Learning the Gophers roster right, A lot of these guys have a long way to go. So you know what, you could probably describe most of the team as so good.
Speaker 1: I need a gift of that. That's great. So, yeah, you guys, dms.
Speaker 6: Every nine out of ten is Christmas because I know you uses DM each other, Christmas stuff, Christmas videos, Almost everything DM.
Speaker 1: You is a point break gift.
Speaker 3: Tommy and I like to DM each other and he says, what do you think, male or female?
Speaker 1: And then when you say male or female, and it's like a scratch off. Look.
Speaker 3: Winner of tough, looks good, the Modo.
Speaker 6: Tommy's leading in separate lives through Instagram, DM Christmas with sauce, point breaking Gary Busey with me and then you're living your authentic self you Chris. Oh yeah, so you man. Builders and Remodelers brings you the first segment of the Power Trip morning too.
Speaker 1: Thanks Buildings and Remodelers.
Speaker 6: More of the Power trib Monting Show after this on the fane.
Speaker 7: A.
Speaker 3: Thank you on last night's big win and Otah.
Speaker 1: We didn't give up.
Speaker 15: I mean, you know, a couple you know, kind of aw shucks plays to start the overtime, but we regrouped well, brought some physicality back to the game, made things happen, you know, just found a way there you go.
Speaker 1: I want to come back. Yeah, sweet good Win man, is there a chance they make a run they get hot?
Speaker 7: Of course, wouldn't it be great if they just made it over the hump this year?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: The only problem is is in round two you're facing either the Spurs or the ok see thunder.
Speaker 1: Who would you rather have? I mean, I'd rather play.
Speaker 6: The Spurs, yeah, just because okay, see they've been there and done that. They're not going to be afraid of anybody. The Spurs are ready, and I'd want them to win the whole thing. But I mean if the Wolves can't, yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, I know, I know. I hope they do this.
Speaker 6: This feels like the old you know, Vikings and Falcons in the NFC title game and after that you're on your own. It does feel like it's Spurs Thunder in the Western Conference Finals and after that you're on your own. I'm just convinced the champs either San Antonio or Okay, see, unless there's a significant injury, I think the champs one of those two teams. I think you are correct, but we'll see. Weird things happen at sports. Yeah, you never know.
Speaker 1: You never know.
Speaker 6: If you knew, you would just bet on its retire correct, you know, And I could make some.
Speaker 1: Bets for you guys.
Speaker 6: By the way, Yeah, guess who else not just Johnny Bones, Guess who else is going to Las Vegas?
Speaker 1: Actually I can't wait. Are you coming home? You know? That's good question, good question, good question, good question. No, I'm going out there with the six pack from my immediate fam. Oh, I thought you men cetter home. I thought you meant never mind cork you know what. I was having a good good morning. So is this your first Vegas trip of the year? Have you been there? That six? First one? Twenty six? All right?
Speaker 6: So power trips got one in the books here. We'll tell you about that at some point later.
Speaker 1: But so that's two. Are there others? But in the spill, you know how like you don't really have one on the schedule, but you know you're gonna you'll work one in some time between spring and fall.
Speaker 7: If you guys have influenced me, and in any way, you guys have a lot in my life.
Speaker 1: Been on here for a while. Now you're welcome.
Speaker 7: It's Vegas. You guys convinced me to fall in love with the place. It's not that hard to convince.
Speaker 1: Everybody in this building is like, Vegas is trash.
Speaker 6: Why do they like it? It's expensive, it's a hell hole. It's like, no, it's paradise, it's heaven on Earth.
Speaker 1: It's you. It's your guys, argument. You can make it whatever you want. It's adult Disneyland. Do whatever you want. Man, when you're losing, there's no cares. No, there's no worst place. Yeah, no, who cares? Yeah? You just you know what you do you win, and then you don't have that problem anymore. Yeah, you're looking at flights.
Speaker 3: There's always you know, there's always option six feet in the ground.
Speaker 1: That's very, very true, you know. So like, yeah, I can't wait. We're gonna be there next week, going to the Old Crown tailgate party.
Speaker 6: I cannot believe you're doing that. But man, Gophers, it kind of it kind of worked out. We booked it.
Speaker 7: We Burke's books, Circa Stadium Swim before we knew the whole Crown thing was going on. So I think we got a way better rate, like on the old on the old couch or whatever. We got interesting prices skyrocket Maybe I should flip it, you know.
Speaker 6: Flip prices are skyrocketing for the Crown watch party. Core people are flying out there for it because people you and Bonus.
Speaker 1: That's right, it's gonna be great.
Speaker 6: I'm just imagining circa like, all right, the Crown starts this morning, what are we gonna do?
Speaker 1: Well, that guy likes Baylor, that guy over there with the beer, he said, he wants us to turn it on the TV, the Big One.
Speaker 6: No, no, just give him like one of those creasal gazebo TV happy the car, he wan here, he.
Speaker 1: Doesn't know where he is. If you guys see the hard rock guitar, how big it is. I think it's gonna be really cool. Vegas is always evolving, it's always changing, and it's always changing, but the better it is. Have you been to Fountain Blue yet? I want to see it beautiful? Correctly? You say it like Zach is it. It's it's just empty. No one's there.
Speaker 6: It's Resorts World and Fountain Blue are both really clean, sharp looking modern casinos, and it's a ghost town. So if you if you don't like shoulder to shoulder people and fighting over slot machines, it's the.
Speaker 1: End of the strip, right, the end and the end of the road.
Speaker 6: It's actually like past the unofficial end, right, like once you get to win an Encore and stuff, he's like, all right, this is it.
Speaker 1: We got to turn around.
Speaker 6: Then you start walking like those two or three extra blocks like souvenir shops. You finally get to pepper Mill and there's Resorts World and there's Fountain Blue and you're like, no, wonder, no one's down there.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you're walking down there and there are two people heading in offtion directions towards each other. One of them is gonna stab one and the other one's thinking about robbing the.
Speaker 1: Other one, right, yeah. And then the third one's Hawk and he's on his way to slots. All would say every options on the table.
Speaker 6: Yeah, But to combine sports and our love of Las Vegas and also combined one of my uber guys takes from a year ago. I have no idea if this is true. This is what my uber guy told me. He told me that the that the land that they're thinking about for the future NBA arena would be at that end of the strip. To try to revitalize that and beyond that changes everything. If the NBA team plays down by Resorts World or Fountain Blue or anywhere near the Stratosphere somewhere down there. Yeah, to try to extend that part of the strip, I mean it would help. I don't know if that's the answer, but ye, Hawk and I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Again, that was one.
Speaker 6: Uber drivers and that's where they're gonna put it. I don't know if he's right.
Speaker 8: Was that the same guy that kept telling us to go to piranhas no what's Piranas?
Speaker 1: Calm down, you've looked at him. That's where you're gonna watch the game. I believe it's your grace.
Speaker 16: I'm actually hosting a watch party there. You know exactly what I wonder what you're watching.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh, we missed the game again.
Speaker 13: Yeah, says, don't worry, I'll be back.
Speaker 3: Not really, No, he should be like you left. He's kind of good.
Speaker 1: So that's all the place, swing by, swing by those spots you've got. You've been in Resources World, have you not. I've been to Resorts World with you guys that one time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was it was bright, really bright. Found blue is dark. The light's low, so it's a totally different vibe. It's like a it's sexy.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah is it?
Speaker 7: I heard there and like their spies world class is that the word for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really nice. But yeah, I remember going to Resorts World.
Speaker 7: It was after Peppermills, so we've been drinking like all morning right across the street. You Yeah, that's yeah, that was I think that was a centter home.
Speaker 1: They all blend together with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it all blends together, all the juices it does.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 9: That was a.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Ye, he covered for you. That's why you love him. Yeah, that's why I love him. You love it like that, that's an affair story. Yeah, that's something you don't That's why.
Speaker 6: By the way, I'm always you know, I'm a little confused when people are like lukewarm on Vegas because you either embrace what we embraced, which is just this is uh an adult playground, or you say, like, I don't like gambling, I don't like the heat, I don't like you know, strip clubs, prostitutes, drinking, like, it's just not my vibe. All right, it's you. You should be either all in on Vegas.
Speaker 1: Or all out on Vegas, and we are obviously all in. All gotta be all in your twin peaks take, I agree? What was it? What was his twin peaks? Take? Beer's too cold? Yeah, freaking Joe, it's too cold, no joke, Yeah, too cold.
Speaker 7: My father in law Gons, Yeah, from Mexico, so they didn't old.
Speaker 1: G Yeah, your father in law. That's a nickname.
Speaker 7: His name's uh, what is his real name's like my father in law herm.
Speaker 1: He feels the same way. It's his birthday week, so happy birthday to Gons. But no he he grew up in Mexico, so they.
Speaker 7: Didn't have like a lot of refrigeration. He warms his stuff up, no joke, that's insane.
Speaker 1: He will throw his do you know.
Speaker 7: How hogs Daddy like sits out his u cereal, leaves it in the refrigerator.
Speaker 1: He takes his cereal and puts in the microwave. That's I'm gonna throw up. He lets his beers like I'll crack him a beer.
Speaker 7: From the basement, and he let it sit out there for like an hour. I'm like, maybe he didn't want to drink, and then I realized he's just letting it marinate, get the room temperature, and then he just chucks.
Speaker 3: When you walk in and you see him let marinate, does he does? He let the lizard breathe to Big Gons.
Speaker 14: Yeah, except just a clever nickname, the lizard, Big Gone.
Speaker 1: Big Gons is a great guy, big dude. The Gons put cereal in a microwave. Yeah, yeah, like porridge.
Speaker 17: Basically like so his his mom my or so says his grandma, Like she thinks coldness is like sickness.
Speaker 1: It's old school stuff. Man.
Speaker 7: So like ice, no, no, no, no no no, like they wear like jackets and like when it's.
Speaker 1: So a frozen margarita is an abomination.
Speaker 7: Correct, So I'm I am drunk, drunk off marks and I'm frozen marks sweating and they'll have like coats on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, frozen marks and yeah, your hand was up. Yes, he would ain't. Nobody in that family. I wouldn't. Yeah, yeah, even Gons. No Gon is a good look.
Speaker 3: If Gons decides I'm doing it one way or another and not nothing to about it.
Speaker 1: Gons his dad movie stars in Mexico. No one would ever know.
Speaker 7: He was a background like Mexican cowboy and like John Wayne movies, he's in them.
Speaker 1: Swear to god, pretty cool you joined that family.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's all kind of making a lot of hot dudes, no joke, great dudes, literally and figuratively.
Speaker 1: Literally, he has your cowboys at Front Sports.
Speaker 6: When the Power Trip Morning Show returns after this on the fan, key.
Speaker 3: Line from that discussion in the main studio. In my opinion, the key line from that discussion was, that's where you and I.
Speaker 14: Different, correct, just getting dropped casually too, Just that's where you got different.
Speaker 1: It was matter of fact.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can imagine that is correct, it's best day of the week.
Speaker 1: Commerce is here, Oh Hawks Daddy Isaac rick Dy.
Speaker 7: Is actually listening right now too. We have former go for wide receiver working out right now. How's he looking fantastic from He's from Minnesota? Correct, Caledonia's right, CALTONI, oh yeah, I got a hammer Tom. Yeah, I mean he actually does you know did you overlap with him?
Speaker 1: When? When did he play versus? When did you play?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we overleapt you over last three years? Yea, almost the entire time. Yeah, he was. He was really good if you remember.
Speaker 8: I remember, Yeah, amazing hot rods, all right, amazing hot rock.
Speaker 7: The greatest guy, blue collar guy Caledonians. You can picture it, you know, Hunter Fisher, all that.
Speaker 1: Stuff, all that stuff that's for you and I different, are you hitting on him? And he's what now the wide receiver?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Isn't look at that? Yeah, good for him.
Speaker 7: And then his dad was like a really good Caledonia legend. When they want to like Carl Klug remember that name of all?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, of course, yeah.
Speaker 7: Do you actually he's iod lineman And they played in the league for a long time. They won like five six state championships. Yeah, Caledonia ball.
Speaker 1: What's a family of winners? What's that like? There are high.
Speaker 7: Schools in the middle of nowhere, Like you just go to the farm fields and then it's just like.
Speaker 1: A graceland of the coolest high school ever. And they got a great quick trip down there. And then what else? That's what else you need tell you? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well so yeah, I was at a Holiday gas station about four hours ago.
Speaker 1: Which one in Duluth on the way home from the we are Rush City. It's a good one. It's a good one. That is speaking of a Holiday gas station store. How about we do this.
Speaker 18: Time now for front paid Sports presented by Holiday Station Store.
Speaker 6: Holiday Station Stores, go wake up and get some energy, because for a limited time you can get Red Bull on sale at Holiday two for six or three for eight fifty, including that spring edition. You're going to see it right when you walk up to the door. They got it plastered all over the windows. They come out in here and get some Red Bull. The best holiday. Last night when the kidd was at gymnastics, the city one, No, this is Champlain, you know badly.
Speaker 1: I wanted to get some flower seeds America.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was like, man, those like good, just house swallow them all and then crossed my fingers a couple of Hail Marys and call it a day. Yeah it doesn't. Holiday is the best man.
Speaker 6: Mix and match any flavors you want again, Red Bull two for six or three for a fifty for a limited time with our friends at holiday.
Speaker 1: Thanks Holiday.
Speaker 6: All right, we started with it, but let's go back to because we know it started late. They didn't hear what happened in the Wolves game. It kind of got nuts. They blew a giant lead late, baby and the Wolves. So we're headed down overtime. All right, let's go. This is a big game. We're all knotted up. It's overtime. Five minutes of just a war. And then the Wolves crapped the bed and the Rockets scored the first thirteen points of overtime, and everybody did a you know, wiley coyote slash roadrunner and said, let's let's see how fast we can get.
Speaker 1: The hell out of target center. And that just ran for the exits.
Speaker 6: But the Wolves didn't. They scored the next fifteen points. They ended the game on a fifteen nothing run. It is the biggest comeback in NBA overtime history again with the asterisk that they've only tracked detailed play by play since nineteen ninety seven, So if it happened before that, who cares, it's we can just let's just frame it as this is the biggest comeback in NBA overtime history. Down thirteen, Yeah, Man thirteen is insane with overtime with literally our bench right, no, like real yes, and didn't play, Io, didn't play, Nas got ejected, Jayden left with a leg injury, Rudy fouled out. If we name the guys that were in the court, Chris would think we're making it all for sure, you know.
Speaker 19: What I mean?
Speaker 6: Yeah, So on the court was Greg boom May, Brett Larson.
Speaker 1: Told me the.
Speaker 6: Gons, Yeah, the guns and microwave Syria. Remember Vinnie microwave Johnson played for the Pistons. The microwave was the microwave that was like or something that was during the Bad Boys era with you know, Dennis Rodman and Hawk.
Speaker 1: Like did you like that's what? Did you like? The Wallace Brothers better? What era?
Speaker 14: Big Ben Wallace was was the best, I mean started until he got attack, Yeah.
Speaker 16: And then he loved fighting Rodman like pre like before he went completely.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm sure he was nuts at that point too, But before he started dyeing his hair and had a thousand face piercings and stuff, when he was just Dennis Rodman, he was still the worm. But yeah, yeah, that was a different era, man.
Speaker 1: They were.
Speaker 6: That's when Bill Lambier was punching everybody in the NBA. It was the video game. It was like an NHL game. It's like, let's go watch Bill Ambier do some layups and bunch people the school best go.
Speaker 1: Remember when they used to call you Rodman? Remember I still do. That's where the locker room.
Speaker 13: But that'd be a good matchup cha Isaiah Big Ben on.
Speaker 8: Rodman and then and then Big Bell and uh who's Big Bell?
Speaker 1: That's where you both both teams were winners. I mean, I don't know, man, who's the who's the spot up shooter? The lanky guy on like the.
Speaker 6: Prince was a dog. Richard Hamilton him to rip Hamilton and Ben.
Speaker 1: Remember Ben Wallace. He wasn't the tallest, but he could block any shot, any shot. Yeah, he was screwing up on Shack. Let's roll. Who is your favorite player on that team? HOWK I like Draymond drive ring. What was the second Draymond drawstring?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's it's Draymond Green had a problem with his pants.
Speaker 3: A problem when he got you got him mouth of the dryer and you had to you had to fish that thing out there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's stuck in the speaking of problem with your pants, you know the now Corey Provis and Glenn Perkins like viral bit that we played on this show where you ever seen Buck with his pants down?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 6: No, no, did you see the video that they posted to promote getting tickets to Twins games.
Speaker 1: We're kind of brilliant. They're going back and forth.
Speaker 6: He yeah, you can go get tickets in this and then and then don't get caught with your pants down, And they both kind of smile at each other, like and then this is our new bit. Yes, yep, I mean it's we know both of those guys, they're both great dudes. Yeah, Glenn Perkins and Corey pros that they absolutely are doing the right thing by just leaning into it and just being like, this is our bit. Now we're going to be the guys that Zaine Buck with his pants down lean No, great bit.
Speaker 7: If they like go full like like major League, or like full just full bit mode all season the best thing.
Speaker 6: Doesn't that sound like something you would have said, yeah, buck with his pants down?
Speaker 1: No exactly.
Speaker 8: It's almost like the Jeopardy bit when the guy said when it's a donkey and goes, no.
Speaker 1: Type of punch a donkey? No, no, he answers it so confidently, I don't think I should say it. Yeah, all right. So the NBA voted to explore bids.
Speaker 6: And applicants for expansion, which is weird because this is this isn't voting for expansion.
Speaker 1: This is voting to explore expansion.
Speaker 6: The difference is specifically in Vegas in Seattle, so it's not.
Speaker 1: Like, hey, should we expand, let's think about it.
Speaker 6: It's they voted Vegas in Seattle, let's essentially see if we can get in this seven to ten billion dollar range, let's see if it's worth it. Let's explore how this would look, and then later this year they will vote. Then, by the way, this was unanimous for thirty everybody said let's vote for this. But then later this year they have to get twenty three of the thirty owners to say let's let's do this and finalize it.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 6: They are targeting the twenty twenty eight slash twenty twenty nine season for those two teams to start. If everything goes as planned, which is they get a whole bunch of people that want to bid seven to ten billion dollars. Seattle, of course, has not had an NBA team. We talked about this last week since the Sonics in two thousand and eight.
Speaker 1: God Sonic is so good?
Speaker 8: No, oh, yes, yes, Sauce, Yes, sir, you like sports, right, I do?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I like trivian games. Yeah, it's combined trivian games.
Speaker 1: G A M E S. Pick it. My poker Tommy is on your title. That's where you and I different. I also I also really really like poker. So Sauce, put on your poker face. All right, here's the question for for Sauce. Does does he know this?
Speaker 20: Okay, yes, I need the last time the NBA expanded, what was the name of the team that was the expansion team.
Speaker 1: Oh, he'll nail it. Oh yeah, I need city and team name. Last one. I think he's gonna slam down. This is kind of tricky though. Let's see if he knows it. I think he does. So you say yes, you say yes? Podcast or no, no, no, was it.
Speaker 8: Because it was the They were the Charlotte Bobcats and then they won't then they just became the Hornets. So it's not that deep. Wait is it the Charlotte Bobcats. It is the Charlotte Bodcasts. Hell yeah, by dog.
Speaker 6: So the Hornets moved to New Orleans and then after a handful of years, became the Pelicans. But then the Bobcats were the last NBA expansion team and two thousand and four, and then they changed their name back to the Hornets after ten years of sucking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they changed.
Speaker 6: I mean, the Hornets are mostly garbage the team in NBA history. Okay, they changed it in twenty and fourteen.
Speaker 8: And the one time Hawk doesn't say, is that Grandmama? Because he normally is that Grandmama? Yes, that was Grandmama's Yes, Charlotte Hornets, Larry Johnson as Grandmama, the Charlotte Bobcats.
Speaker 6: Terrible name, terrible like logo, terrible colors game. When you look at how the Kraken nailed it, the Utah Mammoth nailed it, go back to four and you're going, who in the sweet f thinks this is a good idea, it's like a UFL team, right, And I believe wasn't like a wasn't Bob something the owner at the time. No, Barker didn't known a team. No, but it was like Bob Johnson or Bob Smith. There was like a Bob angled So I think that was part of the reason why they named it Bobcats.
Speaker 1: Am I losing my mind? Is that Bob? Yeah? Yeah, I thought you were gonna say he's not off. It was Bob Johnson.
Speaker 8: It was I thought, oh, good from Bob.
Speaker 1: That's so bad. We're gonna call it the Bobcats because I'm Bob.
Speaker 7: Speaking of Charlotte North Carolina. Go on, do you guys see the steam about who might be the North Carolina basketball coach? I think I just said it.
Speaker 6: It's no, it might be fake coach Manob might be fake.
Speaker 1: You know how Twitter is getting like so good at being fake mostly well, you don't fall for it.
Speaker 8: We're coaching rumors, Okay, got, it's so good to be fake good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what you say every time you get caught. I thought that was fake. Hey, get crazy, says said Michael Jordan.
Speaker 7: Might be the new head coach at North I know that's going to be Billy donnad's busy.
Speaker 1: See there as a lightning. I don't it was raining so hard when I woke up in my van out front. Do you get horny or more tired when that happens? Why are those options? Well, isn't it? Yeah? Both? Yeah? Todd in the air, I love it, I know, but like the air, But when you're in the back of a car and you know you need yeah, you gotta have a van, brother, you got.
Speaker 6: That, Uh, Tommy, I believe I believe that is that your guy, Michael Jordan is going to be heavily involved in the process. He's he's agen, he's crushing nascars killing. He ain't got time to coach, and nobody wants him to coach, and he don't need the money. He wants to approve or be a power of the process.
Speaker 1: Probably you can't play golf every day if you're doing, and then he can't gamble alone. They could win ever, Natty probably man, you know, yeah, if we had someone like that sick, I don't know how you could.
Speaker 6: This is gonna this is preposterous state in category, But like I think it would be almost impossible to play for Michael Jordan.
Speaker 1: If you're a coach, how do you do? You think everything you do wrong?
Speaker 6: You're like the greatest player of all time just looked at me and he knows. I'm like, it would twenty percent as good as him. And he's like, you know, nine hundred years old and he.
Speaker 3: Could still Yes, It'd be so frustrating. You'd be like, why can't He'd be like, why can't you do that?
Speaker 1: Just jump over that guy? Yeah, just stick your tongue out, he said in a thing one time.
Speaker 14: There was a little mini documentary about him owning that NASCAR team, and he said that was his way to be competitive without.
Speaker 7: Being because he said he felt like he couldn't.
Speaker 1: Be that close to basketball anymore. Yeah, yeah, yeah, he had to stop gambling. He loves oh whot it because he's smart? Yeah, loves it. God man, God.
Speaker 6: Imagine a billion dollars and still be like, I gotta scratch this itch. Oh yeah, right, Like the whole point of the US gambling is to get enough money where we have freedom.
Speaker 1: He has all of the freedom and all the money in the world. He's so like, I gotta have some scratch in this game. Actually, you know, I'm not watching it.
Speaker 3: The whole point in my gambling is just to stop the voices.
Speaker 1: There was a story to perpetuate the voices. Oh no, they go away fromhi man. There was a story.
Speaker 8: I think Justin Thomas was on Colbert the other day and he was telling the story about a Michael Jordan played at the golf course his dad ran, and one day Michael Jordan wanted to prove to the guys he could win with anybody, so he went into the clubhouse and found fifteen year old Justin Thomas, who he didn't know was obviously good. So he Justin Thomas and Michael Jordan played against two other guys, and Justin Thomas had like three birdies on the last seven holes and he said, I want enough money off those guys to buy my first car.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's a great story. If you can hear it in full, that's so cool that, yeah, he said. He walked in and was like, I'll beat you guys with that kid, who, as JT said at the time, he was like one hundred and five pounds and know how good he was.
Speaker 7: Yeah, think of all this, how buzzed up Michael was just celebrating with young j T.
Speaker 1: Yeah, God, that's sick. Tommy. Do you smoke.
Speaker 7: Cigars every every time on the course, So you're gonna say every.
Speaker 13: Day golf the Yeah, I.
Speaker 19: Gatorade zero and tequila on the front.
Speaker 1: Still be on the back. It's fantastic. I love him. Smoked some cigars in Vegas. Law next week.
Speaker 6: Yeah, usually I guess to get a really nice pettio at Piranha.
Speaker 8: He knows Tommy, he does.
Speaker 1: B They call Tommy the Aquaman of Piranha. Tommy's gonna play poker, but he doesn't have a poker face. Yeah, he's got to poke his face.
Speaker 12: Hey, what happened to the cigar dispenser? It's in the bathroom. Just it's gonna pop through one of the stalls, just smoking.
Speaker 6: Tommy front paid Sports is in the rear view mirror. Will do what really matters after this. Ben Leber will be here in a second as well. Tommy Olsen is here at the Powers and wanted to join the fans.
Speaker 18: Join Meat Sauce and Miller Lte at d Michael Bees in Alberville tonight from five to seven. Stop by for drink specials, games and to register for a chance to win a spot in the Vikings Foundation Golf Tournament. Get the full details now at cafe dot com, qyword Golf.
Speaker 6: And as everybody pointed out on Twitter, d Michael Bees also has the initials d m B, which is Dave Matthews Band, which the two two A.
Speaker 3: T the Saucy on the way home, stop by lay Music Room. It's on the way home and we're starting at seventies seven.
Speaker 1: You could though, he could, but he's not going. Is gonna be there, is gonna be there there? Yeah, like music in my dreams? Is that music? That's your spot? Spot, that's right by my house, say Michael.
Speaker 3: We played the night we played in Duluth last night, got back to the station about one forty five, got my sleep in the van, woke up to the rain and go.
Speaker 1: O babe at some point, Oh yeah, for sure, hammered himself. Yeah, I guaranteed. Oh yeah, that's the only way you can sleep after a night last night.
Speaker 13: Daddy.
Speaker 1: Isn't that the movie theater?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the best man you got popcorn there? No, No, it's the only theater.
Speaker 8: No, they do fish and chip this place.
Speaker 1: We played last night.
Speaker 3: I told you guys about before it's the West Theater in Duluth, and it's it was a five villion theater, so it's been there forever.
Speaker 1: When the guy bought the building, he.
Speaker 3: Found the original old movie screen behind the wall that had been put in front of it at some point in the forties. Okay, so it's this great old theater and they make popcorn the way they used to make popcorn.
Speaker 1: Oh hell yeah. You walk in.
Speaker 3: There and you're like, I don't want to eat anything else ever. You eat it until you're physically sick. I love popcorn. You know where else does that? It's a really good date.
Speaker 1: Night actually at St. Anthony Mayne. Oh yeah, really good things about that.
Speaker 7: So you can go there and then you can go get a drink at Prakna, one of the oldest bars in Minnesota, and waiting, and then you can bring the drink into the movie from Pragna and they have the old school popcorn.
Speaker 21: Okay, so I'm I'm behind the eight ball here. What's the old school way of making popcorn?
Speaker 3: It's just an old machine, like like you know, it pops in this real real butter and the silver kettle thing.
Speaker 1: And then it's so good that sounds and it's a smell.
Speaker 6: So good it does. That's the old school way of doing it. Gons just puts his in the microwave. Yeah, Gons gets it. Yeah, Gons does get it.
Speaker 21: Speaking of food, I was, I gotta be honest, cap debated by all your guys' fast food orders.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm glad you brought that up.
Speaker 6: Multiple people specifically requested to hear Tommy's, but Ben, I want to hear yours as well.
Speaker 1: Tommy, do you hear what we did yesterday? I'm sorry, So he reminded to get think about it.
Speaker 6: Here's so, there was a poll basically that if you if you ask survey a survey.
Speaker 1: And you're only.
Speaker 6: It was asking Americans to put together like their favorite fast food combo and when you broke down drink and like main choice and side and desert or whatever with a survey realizes you would have to make four stops to put together kind of this Frankenstein dream team. So the hypothetical we threw out there is if you were required to make four stops, so you can't just say, Cannie at combo, no slockstra toes with a diet coked Like, you can't just say that cane is you can only pick one thing from canes or one like So you have to go to four spots to put together your dream fast food spot. What's your combo and what are the four spots? Think about it for a second.
Speaker 1: Do you have an idea? It's here? Yours? Okay, it's not.
Speaker 21: It's not super crazy, Okay. So I would probably go the within with a five guys burger, five guys bacon double double bacon cheese burger.
Speaker 1: Talk about it.
Speaker 21: I think it was a toss up between in and Out and five guys between the best burger. I'm going to go with five guys because you can find them all over the country.
Speaker 1: Ye. Then then, yeah, is it one item per place?
Speaker 9: Now he can't pick up five guys. You have to you have to pick something, Okay.
Speaker 21: Okay, Then, because I'm a fat a, I'm gonna go and get a Chipotle bowl Amo to back it up, because you know it's it is the goat, it is Chipotle is the best, right.
Speaker 1: Come on there, Come on now. Then this might be a little controversial.
Speaker 21: I love I loved as especially as a kid, the Army's curly fries.
Speaker 1: No, He's not controversial at all. Sauus hates him the rest of us. Yeah, I knew some I knew somebody hated the curly. He hates the elite get the potato cakes.
Speaker 21: And it wasn't It was because I heard Martie talking about the the Taco John's potato les.
Speaker 1: That was an elite from.
Speaker 6: If you're going five Guys Burger, Chipotle Bowl in Arby's curly fries and you're skipping dessert, correct because it were, You're still got to work on drinking.
Speaker 21: No, I just drink, just drink water. I don't need water. Yeah, you're going off the map because I've never I've never really been a soda guy. Because other than other than a N W. Rubier like that was that was my a. It was the best.
Speaker 1: But I wanted to I wanted him. I wanted to work in.
Speaker 21: I could not leave out Chipotle Bowl and I wanted to get that the five Guys Burger in there. So I'm gonna go those two things, the fries, and then it's just the classic peanut butter cup blizzard from Dairy Quick.
Speaker 1: Okay, so yeah, solid, that's a go ahead.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna make a couple of comments. I want to number one, I love bacon. I love cheeseburgers. I have a hard time finding a bacon cheeseburger where the bacon's not slimy.
Speaker 1: And I don't like slimy bacon. I need christy bacon. I mean, who has the Chrispies bacon in fast food?
Speaker 3: It depends because you might you might run into that guy who don't care much about if you could.
Speaker 1: Take if you could take Jersey like bacon worked at Dairy Queen, you didn't care.
Speaker 21: If you take J Mike's bacon and put that on any burger would be the best.
Speaker 1: The windows bacon is not bad to.
Speaker 8: Sacked place. HOWK you're talking about that as slimy bacon. I know the exactly.
Speaker 1: I hate it. I hate Yeah. It looks like a Yeah, it looks like the park. It's circular. It's gross.
Speaker 6: I think Tommy is more nervous to do this than he was to propose.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not kidding. I've never thought harder about something. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well he's more to think I'm ready to go. Hold on, hold on, we can do yours after the Yeah.
Speaker 1: I do want to.
Speaker 3: Say this is well, but Dairy Queen Blizzard, there's not really a bad flavor, but I love it when it's a little melted and my one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then lastly, how great has it been when you're going for a bowl at Chipotle and you run into the one high school kid behind the counter who hopes the place goes under.
Speaker 1: He gives you so much.
Speaker 3: You need two hands to carry it out of there, and maybe it's so full when he makes you a burrito and he's got to pull out another burrito. Yeah, that's the kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to go. I want to I want to like walk right behind him, smooch that guy.
Speaker 8: Right, there's nobody in the world you should be more polite to than somebody who's handing you servings of meat.
Speaker 1: Just hey, how are you to see? All starts?
Speaker 21: It all starts with the with the rice. Yeah, and when they give two scoops of the rice and the big heaping like, yeah, I like this one.
Speaker 1: All right, This might be the all time best radio teas. When we come back.
Speaker 6: Tommy puts his Frankenstein dream for Stop only one item per stop combo meal together.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 8: Well, he can't order hot rods, Well, yeah, you broke the surprise out.
Speaker 18: Kfe and welcomes Bruce Springsteen in the East Street band a Target Center March thirty.
Speaker 1: First.
Speaker 18: Limited tickets are still available. Get the complete details on all of our upcoming shows on the concert page at kfaan dot com.
Speaker 1: Keyword calendar. M everybody ready, Yes, I can't wait, Ladies and gentlemen, could I please have your attention?
Speaker 6: All right, let's just perpetuate this bit. But this is I think you've been waiting your entire life at this moment. Yeah, this is a good one, all right, So quick recap again. We're trying to put together a Frankenstein Dream fast food combo. But you cannot have two items from the same fast food spot and you have to make exactly four stops to put together to combo.
Speaker 3: Are you guys picturing that it's like Selection Sunday and like Ronald McDonald's over there, and the King is over here and John Taco Bell is over here now and they're all waiting to see if they get selected.
Speaker 1: Yep. Let's roll.
Speaker 7: First, take close original chicken sandwich from Burger Elite ball knowledge.
Speaker 1: You talk about it, that was that was my bullet.
Speaker 7: And if there's a little extra maleo on there and you cut it in half, and then you get a mountain of ketchup just to dip it in.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to write something down again.
Speaker 7: So that's number one, you guys, remember I'm making my starting for of course, yeah, I'm no judging Number two, Cheesy Ordy to crunch Taco Belle.
Speaker 21: I struggled. I struggled with adding some sort of Mexican even though it's chipoli. But like as far as I get Taco John's, Taco bell, Taco.
Speaker 1: John's, the next two might surprise you. They're they're off the board. Let's just put it that way. Foot long, hot dog.
Speaker 7: Close, no bun, no hands. This is this is trendy for me right now. This is not like a lifelong thing. This just kind of caught my eye recently. You know, they had a good combine. Let's put it that way. Watch them film and here we.
Speaker 1: Are a big wreck with extra mao from potbelly off the board. I didn't know what that is. That means. It's just a potbelly sandwich. It's it's what kind of meat we're talking.
Speaker 7: It's all the meat, so it's like turkey roast, beef salami, and then you put hot peppers on there. An extra male and it's warm, and you guys, Popelly's like you know, it's like a step up almost, it's really good and it's warm.
Speaker 1: It's just a warm sub. They'll make your pan butter and joy sandwich. It's correct. So it's a warm sub. Number four a Caniac, all right, So you're kind of cheating. Why because why no drink? No you didn't go any drink.
Speaker 6: You had Ben infect you a little bit because the idea was you're supposed to put like a combo together, not like your top four.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Like you you can't order a Caniac because that has fries and toast and a drink with it. You know what I'm saying. It's one item, one item.
Speaker 6: So like I had to pick the chicken fingers from canes, but I can't get I don't get the bread and the prize.
Speaker 1: And sorry, I've ruined the bit you did not all right? All right?
Speaker 6: So quick quickly amended though solid blizzard with cookie dough and Reese's cups, okay, and that so that kicks off what kis off the bellies Okay, So pop Bellies is gone, Dairy Queen Blizzard is in.
Speaker 3: You know why I appreciate that because putting pop bellies in was like picking Lehigh as the number one seed.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know what I mean?
Speaker 22: Yeah, yeah, right, yeah yeah, but I'm with you, so yeah, so take So if you have canes, you have the chicken sandwich, Burger King and the what is it?
Speaker 1: They're Gordy to crunch, He's god to crush from taco if you have, I need a side, right, so you need like a drink of some kind or drink?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, and let's again, you kind of went four main courses. So that's why you have to reverse engineer this and backtrack a little bit of drink ish, right, Yeah, you got.
Speaker 1: To give you more time to think. I would probably go, Jesus, this is tough. I might. I might have to. You got to take one out, right now.
Speaker 21: I would go with my A N W. Roupier in place of probably the five guys.
Speaker 1: I might. I might have to go with the Chipolo. I know what I'm doing.
Speaker 7: I know what I'm doing, taking out canes, all of it.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna go original chicken sandwich, you.
Speaker 7: God to crunches and cookie do blizzard, and I'm gonna stop at five, guys, I'm going to use their freestyle machine and do cherry Coke zero.
Speaker 1: Zacht just threw out physical freestyle machine and on your way.
Speaker 8: You're going to sue them for false advertiseing to grab a handful of the peanuts you've.
Speaker 18: Got, Tommy, that's the grossest thing you've said in these in the.
Speaker 7: Studio lets you created. I'm not kidding that. That's not its exaggeration. That would be my pop. So say to get you a mix of what two it would be? Uh, it would be a coke zero would be the bass, and then you get cherry and.
Speaker 1: Vanilla down there. Let me let me did I make a couple of observations?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Number one, if you guys have never at Taco Bell done the chicken casadilla?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it was the best. What is it when you get a good price for something that's value value. It's a giant, huge, big.
Speaker 3: And it's very inexpensive and it's so cheesy you can't stand it.
Speaker 1: Have you ever not cut cut it? Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah? You put two hardshelled tacos in there and you make like a big cheesy gardy to crunch.
Speaker 1: So you ask them not to cut it. So you think about that, I feel where you're coming to think about just a cheese case of not being cut.
Speaker 7: They just fold it, you open it up, put two hard shell tacos.
Speaker 1: In there, and you make like a big cheesy gurdy. I don't have enough mouth. Yeah, yeah, he does different. Stay right, that's what that sounds amazing. Number one. Number two, I want you guys to know.
Speaker 3: I go all the way back to the early eighties, playing high school football, right early mid eighties eighty five. I was fourteen years old, freshman. So when we would leave I've said this before, guys, but Ben, this is a true story. We knew so little about hydration that we would leave football practice every day, every day two days and drive to am w it. Each of us got a half gallon of anw ruper and drank the whole thing.
Speaker 1: That's so god, that's great. It was fuel all the sugar in your body.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna tell you right now, I had acne that you wouldn't believe, and I was like, I don't know what my problem is.
Speaker 1: Am w ruper half gallon each one of us. That sounds so good. Seventy nine cents.
Speaker 7: That was the days though, because Donna Dinky tell my dad would have three days and after the third practice three days, three days, like in the eighties.
Speaker 1: So after that they would just go right to the.
Speaker 7: Like the grocery store, and they'd all just get like a big like forty of beer and every night they just drink till like ten thirty.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you we they would and we again, they would tell us if we didn't practice hard enough that we couldn't have water.
Speaker 1: You know, we didn't know hydrate right at all. Now you'd get sup, it's so bad, right, rightfully, so but straight an w.
Speaker 21: That's great, that's so good because it's the best, so good, it's the best it is.
Speaker 1: So it's nostalgic. It's good even today. Yeah, and you'll bet up, but you're right.
Speaker 3: The hit of sugar after the practice, probably I feel like Superman.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, young yeah, interrupted all those acne volcanoes.
Speaker 1: On your face. But the white girls don't like me. Why am I fighting down Tommy?
Speaker 6: At some point, here's all, well, I think I know you after what now twelve thirteen years are knowing you. I guess at some point this summer you're going to have a day where you make sure that these four stops happen, and you're gonna put this together.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you to day. I'll tell you the day tomorrow. It'll be July fifth. July fifth, because you lock into the force and then use letter rip on the fifth. Got it? So that's like the ultimate hungover day. You're going to put this dream together. Dream because it's a Sunday. How how close ly do you live to those four spots that you just mentioned? Well, how close are you?
Speaker 7: The five guys and my dreams are in real life restaurant, no joke, because they're all in Woodbury.
Speaker 1: It's one little loop for me. So you could do it pretty quick.
Speaker 7: Yeah, or I just I'll probably uber eats it because I'm a lazy a on a Sunday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and just let them all come over. That'd be fantastic.
Speaker 6: Four separate door dash guys.
Speaker 13: You can bundle, of course, can you?
Speaker 1: So if one driver does all of that driving around for you? Yeah, every time you order it pops up and ask you if you want to think.
Speaker 11: I wanted to make some stop stop the best Yeah stops, He's gonna go, who is this is this mom? Who's ordering these four spots.
Speaker 1: You can't do that because you can't. You can't trust thembout the freestyle machine. No, you can't. And then it's usually cold too, and it's usually not like quality.
Speaker 7: You want put it in the microwave, like extra mayo on like my original chicken sandwich.
Speaker 1: You do, you can't. There's not an option like that.
Speaker 7: And there's not an option to put extra mayo on a pot belly sandwich.
Speaker 3: Dude, I gotta tell you, that's another note I made. I that's you're gonna hate me for this because I love the barbecue. I'm sorry the original chicken sandwich. But there's always too much Mayo.
Speaker 1: Always tell me there is. You guys, you know what we could We can do a full segment on I think strictly on fast food Mayo. There are so many good Maos out there. No, I'm not kidding. The mount rushmore of Mayo's that we could talk about.
Speaker 17: I don't as old school subway when they when they hit it like this and you know, you know it's just gonna be a mountain.
Speaker 22: You appreciate it, brother, Well, yeah, and but then like when you're you're squeezing the sub and then it drips out the back, and you know you can dip your last your last bite and some uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: And elite Jimmy John's Mayo elite. There's you guys. You could bring up mayos across the board when it leaks out the back of the bun.
Speaker 14: Saper Titus. Never mind, new topic. Maybe up on your grip on your no. I know you squeezing it so hard.
Speaker 19: That you know how you're like you're good at eating stuff, Like you are just good at it.
Speaker 1: Like it's on your profile. But like you can probably out chips and.
Speaker 7: Guac a lot of people because that's like your food, that's your comfortful.
Speaker 1: Right, you can out chose than anyone you like. You like don't get full off of it.
Speaker 7: Right, My brother and I have this theory, like he's like that with Buffalo wings. He just doesn't get full off of you could eat him for days, or like Chipotle burritos used to eat three at a time, like.
Speaker 1: Crazy stuff three let's go cookies, outstanding soft cookies. I never did. I can't buy them. That's me with foot long subs the whole town, I get it. I don't get I don't get no joke.
Speaker 7: Like so like we're just saying, like a turkey tom or like something just turkey, lettuce, Mayo, just like a standard sub.
Speaker 1: I'm putting over under that like four and a half to five and a half.
Speaker 6: Well, they're good for you again, Jared Fogel lost a lot of way.
Speaker 1: Okay, that might be cool, something nice way the turkey time.
Speaker 3: That's what Jimmy Johnson, you know they'll heat him up for you.
Speaker 1: Now, Oh my god, that takes a new level.
Speaker 3: I have level loves him because I buy You know, when I go to Jimmy John's, I take it.
Speaker 1: I'm putting a microwave.
Speaker 21: Yeah, you're like hot buns.
Speaker 1: No, it is, though, when they toast it, it's the best. It's the male warms up. I'm telling you everything's good with Mayo. Yep, you aren't correct, No it is.
Speaker 7: Ye.
Speaker 1: Mayo is next to Mayo and the ketchup. I do. Uh, But then I put mustard in there as well.
Speaker 10: He's like a scientist together with your fries.
Speaker 6: Obviously, canes is my goat. But I've never had the cane sauce because I don't. I don't everybody raise about the sauce. You never had the canes. I can't do that.
Speaker 1: That's the whole point.
Speaker 6: That's what everybody says. I totally get it. But does that not have Mayo in it as well?
Speaker 1: Ketch up Mayo? And then like there's one other thing Orchester whatever. I think.
Speaker 7: The pop selection from canes because of the ice or like Chick fil A's ice ice factor matters.
Speaker 1: That ice is perfect.
Speaker 3: Hey, did you hear Mark talking about buttering both sides your buns?
Speaker 6: You can ask for butter canes. You can have them. If you ask for butter on both sides, they'll do it. Really, it is a game changer. You also can ask for Crispy frore eyes and Crispy Chicken fingers because that was what she was learning and ask about. Oh yeah, they'll do whatever. My nephew Daniel worked at KNES when he was going to the University of Wisconsin, and he said, they call it dropping bird. What they call it when you put the chicken in the fryars.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And then he was the one that told me that that they do the butter on both sides and Crispy's stuff and all that. And I don't know if if Kines wants me to say this, but Daniel also told me that, you know, everybody's like, if you're anti Knes, are like, well they only have one sauce.
Speaker 1: That's not enough, Like I need other options.
Speaker 6: I guess Kanes has honey mustard, they just don't advertise. Yeah, yeah, that's that's what Daniel told me.
Speaker 1: The packets, Well, he's a plan.
Speaker 6: Daniel told me that they have that they have honey mustard. They just don't tell anybody. Really, if you ask for it, they'll give you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I guess people that you ever get a Sammy from there? You can't do that. Loves. Why is Jans?
Speaker 6: Do you do you think somebody after Michelangelo did the Sixteenth Chapel sauce, do you think somebody said the hardest they were change some of that shadowing. No, you don't change Cane's chickens.
Speaker 1: Perfect.
Speaker 6: You don't need anything else. You don't need lettuce and bread and stuff to the chicken.
Speaker 1: If they had MAO there probably be pretty good. I might give both sides of my buns. Bet, yeah you have. Is this a crime for him? For another Tommy's Weekly Questions? So that's where you and I did got to the bottom of it. Fantastic, Thank you ovo Las and lens. Yeah, that was what really matters technically, my tea. Next week, next segment the GOP for a bit. How much do you still on them if you are, Yeah, we got time. We don't have to have tom you did prep we need forget.
Speaker 12: We'll do that.
Speaker 1: We'll do that instead of news. I got no problem with talk.
Speaker 6: All right, more of the Power to your morning show with Ben Lever and Tommy Olsen after this on the It