Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on AM five seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while it's.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city. No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadakas terrible person, He's the worst.
Speaker 2: And Matt money Smith the pipes, the pipes, the pie. Don't miss an episode. We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the petros in Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadakus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: The past is a textbook of tyrants. The future is the Bible of the free bug.
Speaker 4: Mets petros In Money AM five to seventy LA Sports live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. A three hour show today and a flex alert. You hear the Jacob Miller. This is our two already an hour in the books. We will go untill five and our four to five hour a special Petro some Money inside the locker room. Miguel Rojas.
Speaker 3: That's right, Matt. We are looking forward to having Meggie Rojas. Brought to you by Verizon wireless from four to five to time World Series champion with the Dodgers. Wasn't there in twenty twenty, but he will be there in twenty twenty six going for three with the Dodgers, and of course his heroics in the playoffs in twenty twenty five will never be forgotten.
Speaker 2: And that's true.
Speaker 4: It will be a live in studio audience. A bunch of people won all week long. We gave away tickets Monday through Thursday, four pair yesterday.
Speaker 3: His flaming attitude also, Matt is very exciting. His annoyance style, his vicious glove work.
Speaker 4: The heroics, flashing the leather pee our man Miggi row can flash the leather Meggi Row ain't no hoe. And on top of that, sandwiches provided for the people. Vesty v E s t I. You know what we're gonna ask esty dot com Kates, can you run upstairs and grab us a sandwich while we're down here?
Speaker 3: So we're not about us right, so we're not eating. It's like that Michael Jackson song when there's food. They don't care about us, They don't care about us.
Speaker 2: It don't give about us racy.
Speaker 4: Here are the options on the eat vesty dot com website, Spicy Guy Beef and prov Morphodela and greens. Oh yes, Italian turkey.
Speaker 2: What is that like a turkey?
Speaker 3: That's like look and they got a moof?
Speaker 2: Oh you got a moof?
Speaker 4: Use the code iHeart Vesty for twenty percent off for your big game needs. Man, are the sampler platters?
Speaker 2: Sweet? If I go upstairs? Is there a certain sandwich? You guys want the move Gonna move on. It's time for the word of the Day's word the word of the day.
Speaker 3: Former UCLA standout Amari Bailey said he's attempting to become the first basketball player to return to college after playing an NBA games.
Speaker 2: Bailey's twenty one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he left too early. He wasn't ready to come out. Mick Cronin advised him against it.
Speaker 3: He's hiring an agent and a lawyer to prepare to fight for NC DOUBLEA eligibility, with hopes to join a college team and play one more year. He said he started to explore a return to college earnestly in twenty twenty five, like Diego Pavia, but it's wondered whether there was a way back to the NC Double A. Since the day he was drafted in twenty twenty three. He said he made some mistakes as an eighteen year old freshman and left UCLA with a lot to prove. Left right now, I'd be a senior in college, Bailey told Espen, I'm not trying to be twenty seven years old playing college athletics. No shade to the guys that do. That's their Jeremy like Drew Timmy right. But I went to go play professionally and learned a lot. I went through a lot, so like, why not me?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 3: Well, because you went pro and that's the rule, then to the rule, not anymore because you're pro in college now. Bailey six' three played one season AT ucla twenty two to twenty three before entering the twenty twenty THREE Nba, draft where he was selected by The hernits in the second. Round he played in ten games for The hernits during his rookie season on a two, way and spent two years in THE G league before being cut over the. Summer and now he's, like let's run it.
Speaker 4: Back bailey was truly one of the best high school basketball players we'd seen in a long. Time when he was At Sierra canyon was just ridiculous and just did not didn't happen AT. Ucla should have. Stayed you know a lot of people are, like, oh Make cronin's system too much. Defense he needs to be in that wide open. Style and it's likely because of Old Chuck badico At. Alabama remember the story that we did about the guy that was in THE G. League and he is averaging fourteen points and five rebounds on eighty two percent shooting with his six, eleven two hundred and thirty pound frame in college basketball right. Now so certainly the path has been paved By Charles. Badiko mayomari not have to go To israel to play.
Speaker 3: Basketball, WELL i mean it looks like he's had an overseas at some. Point, yeah it is time for the.
Speaker 2: Number of the. Day it's my number number of the.
Speaker 4: Day the day is twelve as in. MIDNIGHT i Believe i've told some form of these stories. BEFORE i wake up very, early which MEANS i fall asleep relatively. Early my wife and my youngest, daughter my youngest daughter still lives at, home they tend to stay up very late and they wake up very. Late so oftentimes WHEN i am locked into my rem level of, SLEEP i will be awakened rather. Abruptly and anybody that has ever experienced this nose sometimes that can be as disconcerting and discomforting as anything out. There you do not have your mental wits about. You and this morning was a special kind of awakening for.
Speaker 2: Me oh what? Happened? Matt at?
Speaker 4: Midnight my wife and my. Daughter they're up pretty late. There they're up until. Tomorrow they rarely go to bed before, midnight oftentimes pushing one.
Speaker 2: Am, wait watching stranger.
Speaker 4: THINGS i think they're doing the music stuff and maybe watching a little something and all that sort of. Thing you know how the rock stars are. Pee they stay up, Late it's what they. Do they come into the room screaming with clothes on their, face like shirts on their. Face i'm dead. ASLEEP i wake up and assume the house is on.
Speaker 2: Fire?
Speaker 4: Right do we have to jump out of the back? Window DO i have to figure out how to lower? People are they in? This are they both in the room my daughter's bedrooms? Downstairs DO i have to figure out how to evacuate the? WHOLE i am freaking out and THEY i don't. Hear, well they've got shirts on there.
Speaker 2: Supposed to work to there's a scoop, SCOOP i truly spring from the. Bed what where's a? Fire what's going? On a? Skunk?
Speaker 4: HUH a skunk apparently had sprayed below our? House is it is a raised? Foundation and?
Speaker 2: UH i was?
Speaker 4: UP i don't know what to? Do what do You what do you do when a skunk? SPRAYS i was.
Speaker 2: Like why do you have to wake me?
Speaker 3: Up?
Speaker 4: Yeah what do you want me to? Do i'm gonna do you want me to light a? Candle i'm going to open some? Windows you want me To? Like what what AM? I what AM i supposed to? Do because the house smells like a skunk die in our freaking. OVEN i don't know what to tell. You there's there's nothing for me to do.
Speaker 2: Here so what? Happened do you call? Koit?
Speaker 4: No ie stayed up for like an hour and did? What lit a bunch of, candles opened a bunch of. Windows why did you hold a bunch of fans? Out because they don't know what the hell to do for anything like. This they just come in and scream and scare the Be jesus spells out of. Me assuming our house is burning to the, ground are you?
Speaker 2: Anybody?
Speaker 4: No thankfully not this. Time that'sap my wife has awakened me before Where i've had to make my way through the.
Speaker 3: House, yeah i'd wake my father up and Then i'd run ten yards back because he'd jump up and try to attack, me and you, KNOW i want to be out of the rain. Exactly, yeah you KNOW I UH i still smell this. Morning oh, YEAH i had.
Speaker 4: To get the uh The terminik's out there and he's, like, oh, yeah you got a skunk under the.
Speaker 2: HOUSE i was, like what do we?
Speaker 4: Do is, MAN i can't do anything till, Tomorrow so what DO i do between now and?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 4: Eh it's gonna probably? Smell so TURMAN x is. There they were. There they have to come back tomorrow to. Uh they won't trap the. Skunk apparently they make a path for the skunk to exit and he is not able to re. Enter is the only way they can like the reverse roach, Motel, yes, Exactly well what you can, leave but you can never.
Speaker 2: Come so what part of TERMIN x Is they're not terminating.
Speaker 4: Anything, no there's making them somebody else's. Problem it's going to go under somebody else's, house some other lower, as, yes some other poor freaking bloke is going to be awakened at midnight by his wife and his daughter with shirts over their, faces screaming at, you making you believe the house is about to burn to the freaking.
Speaker 2: Ground you thought it was like A Northern irish loyalist feud or.
Speaker 4: Something i'd been up SINCE i had most definitely been asleep for at least three. Hours when they get in my face screaming with shirts over their, face.
Speaker 3: You know Something semi was told something similar, happened not similar to my Cousin. Anna she was just telling me today at. YOGA i guess she has. CHICKENS i didn't know that she keeps, chickens but not a bunch of. Chickens she's only got a few. Eggs, yeah she gets answer and all, that and a hawk blew through her wiring the chicken and killed one of the chickens and was standing on the, chicken and her, Husband, Mike Mike robles was not, home is at, work And anna was trying to poke the hawk with a broom to get it because the other chickens were. Horrified it was standing on the dead chicken.
Speaker 4: And there's a live chicken staring at their dead thread four.
Speaker 3: Yeah she poked at it with the broom and it was just, Like i'm not. Moving this is my. Kill and then she said she covered the hawk with a blanket and then flapped it, Away but then the hawk was.
Speaker 2: Like i'm coming. Back.
Speaker 3: Yeah it just hung out like on top of the house for like and she was like like crying all the seconds and killed her.
Speaker 4: Chicken you can't kill the. Hawk you can't swing that broom and knock it into. Tomorrow, well the hawk's just doing it's just trying to want to.
Speaker 3: Eat and it blew through her wiring about, that and THEN Vv bogdanovitch was.
Speaker 2: There she was, LIKE i have many. Chickens you may choose from some of.
Speaker 5: Mine can't you lure the skunk out by, Yourself, Matt like give some like food or something and get the skunk.
Speaker 3: OUT i already tried. There you could like bring it some dirt weed you talking about, It that's WHAT i.
Speaker 2: SAID i was, like just smells like, smoke a bunch of. Weed but you guys aren't. Smirking.
Speaker 4: NO i left one night AND i put down a bunch of peppermint. Oil that's what it said to do that it like. It it won't do the peppermint. OIL i had a bunch of mothballs soaked in pepperman, oil AND i threw that in the crawl space mm, hmm came back anyway and just blew it out under my freaking, house and the whole house smells like.
Speaker 3: Skunk, yeah they the. Internet we're in a terrible. Pickle let's wake up.
Speaker 4: Dad by screaming in his. Face it's always been asleep for three.
Speaker 2: Houts are they?
Speaker 4: Joking oh, no they were dead, ass, serious dead, Ass, like what are we gonna? Do where are we going to? GO i can't. Sleep i'm getting sick right. Now this smell was making me. Sick i'm, sick and well let me panic with the rest of.
Speaker 2: You thank you For should we open the windows or keep him? CLOSED i don't, KNOW i don't. Know, yeah oh here we. Go, hey you pull. Smokers.
Speaker 3: Uh my son works FOR orci and has his state certification for. Trapping i'll send him to your house tomorrow and tell him he's got to do this for the two greatest radio team show hosts In Southern.
Speaker 2: California, see and this is what.
Speaker 4: HAPPENS i thought maybe that could, Happen not THAT i would, ever you, know pay him the fair wage and all, that of, course but you, know you get business to. Listeners my wife's, like you need to get it done. NOW i was, LIKE i gotta be up at the. Studio i'm Interviewing Miguel rojas. Today courtesy Of Horizon. WIRELESS i don't have time to deal with. It she's, like, WELL i have to go pick up the tor. SHIRTS i don't have time to deal with, it so you need to call. Terminates i'm, like what the, hell why is this on? Me merch makes everything more. Complicated skunk does not bother. ME i remember when a skunk sprayed your. Dog, yes that was a Bad you've.
Speaker 3: Got in the shower with your. Dog but in order tomato, sauce in order to not in bear your, dog you.
Speaker 2: Wore you wore your bathing suit and the shower so your dog didn't have to.
Speaker 4: See, well she it is a female, dog you. Know anatomically we all have that male and female.
Speaker 2: PART i poked at the hawk with, it but it didn't want to leave its. Kill it's. Huge it just kept looking at.
Speaker 4: It me like, like, HONESTLY i wish my wife, recognized, like what the hell do you want me to Do it's, Midnight i've been asleep for three.
Speaker 2: Hours you're going to open some windows and light? Them can it?
Speaker 3: Is of course TERMIN x won't kill the. Skunk they kill the. Skunk it's only one. Transaction if they, relocated it's repeat. Business they keep a driver in that. Neighborhood what you've, got a skunk will be there in five. Minutes we're gonna log it. Out, yes apparently that's the way they have to do it. In AND i don't know if it's the, State if it's the count would you have? Them would you having a repaired air conditioner and ability to close the way windows have averted this?
Speaker 2: Issue? No, okay bad question though it. Was it was a question of the text Does.
Speaker 4: But at least NOW i can, say, hey, sorry we had to use all that money to seal up the, house so we can't get the air conditioner fixed.
Speaker 2: Again sorry, baby.
Speaker 3: Can't you do what you've done in the past with? Animals drug it with? Marijuana not a bad.
Speaker 4: IDEA i thought you could do whatever you want In Orange. County it doesn't shoot, It that's WHAT i. Said it's, like CAN i not just kill? It AND i said absolutely.
Speaker 2: NO i could see you laying on your Belly vietnam.
Speaker 4: Style it's nocturnal. Animal so the sun goes. Down, Guys i've Got i've got my night, vision night vision to refer real exactly. Right and THEN i knock it off AND i turn on all the lights and everybody else has their night.
Speaker 2: Vision i'll go.
Speaker 4: Blind ALTHOUGH i think IF i use some butt shot underneath the, house probably some strays gonna cross some.
Speaker 2: Damage kill a, cat kill a.
Speaker 4: Cat good luck to, you you, bet thank you firing the. Hole, yep here we. GO i thought about smoking it.
Speaker 3: Out you cracked the foundation of our house with. Dynamite, yes but.
Speaker 2: The skunk is gone. Runny this is a.
Speaker 3: Song of the.
Speaker 6: Day Saint Sebastian's school For Wicked girls is a band From, Provo utah supplying our song of the day called Clipper. Ship because The petros And Money show sails the seas once again on a frog Ban friday flexed out with three hours of great sports talk before.
Speaker 2: Giving way to THE nba as the Clipper ship is.
Speaker 6: Dropped anchor in the mile high city Of, denver putting their modest three game winning streak to the test against The nuggets At Ball arena with our good Friend Adam oslin down the hall in The clippers, studio getting ready to bring you that countdown show at six.
Speaker 3: O'clock, okay we'll be right. Back we're the top story of the. Day Petros papadakis that Money. Spire this Is petro Send money On. Demand it's cracking. Everybody welcome, Back it's Petrosen money on a Frog Man. Friday we're about a half hour away From Mickey rojas live for an.
Speaker 2: Hour, tim what's going? On you got? Something?
Speaker 5: Yeah tomorrow beginning at ten, Am, guys don't miss the exclusive coverage of Fan fest with baseball Insider David, veasse featuring exclusive player interviews with the boys In blue from the field live right here on A fi Seven Ela sports and The iHeart radio. App brought to you in part By Downy hunday two, teams two back to back championship.
Speaker 2: Winners Downy, hunday.
Speaker 3: Thank, you and UH i want to thank my radio partner for earlier in the week reminding me That i'm too fat to be in A civil war. Movie it is time for too fat to be in a Sim, well no you're, Not, Matt, YES i. Am people have been sending me a lot of photos of Different Civil war. Guys they're fat no time for the top story of the.
Speaker 4: Day, well if they're saying that could be in the, movie. Nope, uh if they're sending you civil war, photos b maybe it's through the. Text so perhaps it's through your direct message On, instagram because that's where today's top story.
Speaker 2: The roots of. IT i don't. THINK i don't THINK i.
Speaker 4: Checked you don't check those, ever not enough someone had sent both you AND i the. SAME i don't know if you would call it a.
Speaker 2: MEME i. Don't it's not a.
Speaker 4: Meme it's just a very nostalgic photo with a with a, caption with a caption THAT i found to Be, oh you know, what it resonated with. Me THE dm had a photo Of Super mario brothers and it pointed out that our, generation and it kind of harkens back To lebron saying that it's so much harder to play basketball now than it was for prior generations because of how fast everybody, is which means they have to travel up and down the floor more times than the prior generations. Did so obviously it's gonna take more of a toll on their. Bodies never mind there was no physicality left in the game of. Basketball but this pointed out that when we were young and we played video, games whether that was you, Know atari twenty six hundred and television nes all the, way Really, genesis even the early, PlayStations, well the early PlayStations is kind of where it came in because you had the memory cards that were. Available you had to Beat mario with three, lives or you had to start the whole freaking game.
Speaker 2: Over, yeah that wasn't a lot of wiggle. Room there was not saving your.
Speaker 4: Progress there was not, Hey i'm gonna turn this, off, comeback put in a code and pick it. Up where, no you were going to rescue the freaking princess or your a piece of, crap or you weren't and you're gonna get upset and the next day you're gonna try. Again and it taught, resiliency and it taught the ability to accept failure and be motivated to overcome obstacles that you thought were. Insurmountable now, look when The contra code came, out that's why it was such a big deal because it's, Like i've never been able to finish a game before and now with this up but.
Speaker 3: Left, right it was a generational question of. Ethics it's like there was really a generational question for.
Speaker 4: All AM i going to solve contra with this cheat? Code or AM i going to abide by the rules that the folks over At konami installed and want me to try to do?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 2: Well why they put in the code if they didn't want you to? Cheat? Right so.
Speaker 4: Got me thinking today AS i was driving to, work there's a terrible accident on the five or. Something there's some sort of construction whatever it, Was and for the first time in quite a, WHILE i was, like you know, what f THE, Gps i'm not going to get to work in time because it's clearly instead of taking me an hour and five, minutes it's not going to take me an hour and forty five minutes to get to work because of whatever's going on. Here it's gonna hop off And i'm gonna start cruising these streets THAT i know because these are shortcuts THAT i memorized back when all we had was A Dan thomas guide and traffic would back up on the five and you'd hop off and just see what the side streets had for. You that's what you did back in the. Day you navigated your, way and sometimes a terrible situation you Would you're absolutely, right P there were more than one of, those, certain but more than ten of, those more than twenty of.
Speaker 3: Those as a matter of this.
Speaker 2: Is a dead. End how DID i end? Up how DID i get? Him cut of?
Speaker 4: Hand i'm in Mar. Vista the hell. Happened but you learned and you commit to. Memory and sure ENOUGH i made my way Through, downey which you like to.
Speaker 2: Call the not just Me Matt.
Speaker 4: Hill made my way through some side streets because my brother in law used to live On cassanis there In, downey AND i found it to be an effective. Shortcut matts around the. Five matt's brother in law now hey De doors Des. Martinez he married into, it married into the family and they lived In. Downing but SO i was able to work my way around a path That google did not have on their maps as an alternate, route AND i ended up shaving about twenty minutes. Off SO i got to, thinking what, If, hey you got these things that, say, hey today's small business. Day let's not order Off, Amazon let's go to a local small, Business get your, shirt get your pair of, shoes get your book at the, bookstore and let's support the businesses in our. Communities, right how about not doing door? Dash how about going in and having a chat with the, hostess with the people behind the. Counter how about hanging out and having a beer while you're waiting for your food to be made and enjoy the atmosphere of a dining. Room you, know why do not do that every now and?
Speaker 2: THEN i? DO i, KNOW i eat alone quite. Often.
Speaker 4: Now you do also have some issues from time to time when you go into a takeout establishment they don't have your food ready and you sit there for a. While in The San Diego county, Area.
Speaker 2: Well that was one? Time was?
Speaker 4: That and that can? Happen that was a terrible. Thing it was a terrible thing they. Did you're, right but it was an experience hung AND i lost my. Temper, yes that you'll never forget right because we.
Speaker 2: Interact, no somebody reminds me of it all the. TIME i think it'd be good to look up a. Contact what's the? Pitch here's the? Pitch? Pitches SOMETIMES i gotta get.
Speaker 4: Back to the simple things in. Life, Man every now and then why not take off and not turn THE gps?
Speaker 2: On is that because you got off the freeway today BECAUSE i ignored THE gps AND i was, like.
Speaker 4: And you found your way through down? HERE i found, WELL i found my way without what THE gps. Recommended und then the issue on the five that it was not recommended an alternate.
Speaker 3: Round you rejected, technology rejected, it trusted your human instincts and. INTUITION i know IF i go this way and that, way Eventually i'm going to find my way somewhere that is not this GRIDLOCK i am currently. Experienced you were impressed with your ability to do, that and you're, saying, hey everybody, good you know, What put the phone down and have a, conversation Right put the phone down and go order a turkey sandwich and talk To esmarelda behind the counter.
Speaker 2: And her wife there. Upstairs right.
Speaker 4: Now instead of, saying, Hey, siri Call, petros why DON'T i go into my, contacts look up that, number write it down on a sheet of, paper open my phone, keypad punch it in and hit.
Speaker 3: Said you, know it's, INTERESTING i did see something on a on somebody said something On twitter the other day and they, SAID i wonder what is happening to the part of my brain THAT i stored everybody's phone number.
Speaker 2: Right exactly, Right LIKE i forget all the. Numbers so WHENEVER.
Speaker 3: I go to, like why would you Remember WHENEVER i go TO, Bevmo they're, like you got a number in, there And i'm, LIKE i just give my parents', number AND i hope that they're, drunks like exactly, right and it. Works, uh you know the home number where you used to have to call somebody and like talk to somebody's dad right and be, like, hey Is veronica?
Speaker 2: Home she, is But i'm on the other, line call back, later.
Speaker 3: Okay or he doesn't even have call waiting and it's just busy all. Night so the emergency break Through veronica and they get, REALLY i, mean are you drive to their house and knock on the door and say CAN i talk To. Varona it makes me want to kick my kids in the nuts because they're just, like you, know, hey can we order? Something he, say you know, what we used to have to drive. Across we have to sit in the drive through and deal with each. Other that's, right let's sit in the Drive we have to get an extra thing of fries so we could eat it.
Speaker 4: Away let's marinate on what we're gonna, eat you, know before we get to that. Menu let's talk through. It do you really want A western?
Speaker 2: Bacon? Sure you don't want that Chicken club extra? Mayo?
Speaker 4: Huh you want the fried. Zucchini i'll split the fried.
Speaker 3: Zucchini so because Of matt's, bold brave and bold, move stunning even, right who does that ability to get?
Speaker 2: Around who does? This nobody? Anymore nobody, does but used to do it all the time with Your thomas.
Speaker 4: GUY i, mean, well LOOK i got and as you and city, driving, well we all get. SCREWED i MEAN i knew this damn city like the back of my, hand all the, shortcuts and now everybody has those shortcuts because of these STUPID gps, applications.
Speaker 2: Which you used to be very excited. About, yes, yeah drive around yet all the. Vane, no you're not excited about it. Anymore, no because you just you you accept your we accept our.
Speaker 3: Faith on my way, UP i did the. OPPOSITE i had a conversation With groc About Miguel rojas's past and the fact that his, Wife, paula my, wife bought him his very special Van cleef And arpels.
Speaker 2: Saw that story, too AND uh and.
Speaker 3: The matching near rings about how his, mother a, PEDIATRICIAN, uh was her dream to record an album and he he was able to fulfill that dream for her before she. Passed AND uh has a music label that his sister now.
Speaker 2: RUNS. Uh and that was.
Speaker 4: Technological that was all artificial. Intelligence you not having a conversation with another human.
Speaker 3: Being AND i can see why people Like groc or whatever becomes their girlfriend because they're, like for, Sure miguel gives off great glove. Vibes And i'm, like, yeah that's how this chick would talk to me IF i Was Bill belichick with my young Chick rock talks to. You one TIME i Asked groc about like a football player or, something and they're like. Yeah THEN i was, like please speak to me in a more professional. TONE i have a football. Analyst got it and started like talking like more.
Speaker 4: Professionally that's like my seria as An australian. ACCENT i like when talks to, Me, yeah, WELL i used to have my, way.
Speaker 3: My my my ways used to be a noir.
Speaker 2: Detective pretty, great.
Speaker 7: Turn, Right you don't want to know What i've seen it was like. That my kids are, like what the hell is all? Right we have a dead and a live.
Speaker 4: Guy oh that's, right, Yeah, Matt i'm gonna drive home WITHOUT gps.
Speaker 3: Today see what. Happens i'm gonna take some of my old. Shortcuts do you know? What you should take your seatbelt off?
Speaker 2: Too is that a?
Speaker 4: Move?
Speaker 2: THOUGH i had one of those. Sandwiches they're, good.
Speaker 4: Beautiful thank, You, Tim Eat messy your Switch Eat. Vesty viesti dot com is where you should go and use the. Code iHeart vesti THE.
Speaker 2: Esdi this Is Petrols money On.
Speaker 4: Demand top of The Hour Miguel rojas in The Locker, room brought to you By Verizon. Wireless he's, Here he's walking around the. Station fans will be in, there wearing a white, hoodie looks, good got his beard, back and he will spend the hour, Thus so if you are A dodger, fan you want to hear from one of the true heroes of the twenty twenty Five world, Series Miguel rojas an hour from four until. Five i'm inside the locker room. Again brock you By Verizon, wireless and, man That vesty sandwich is something very, good all.
Speaker 2: Right matt Your Dead. Guy birthday of the day to.
Speaker 3: Day A Bay area literary legend by the name Of Frank Gillette, burris one hundred and sixty years old today From, boston went TO. Mit after, graduation he fled Conservative boston for Bohemian San, francisco where he worked as a draftsman For Southern Pacific railroad and started teaching AT Uc berkeley as an instructor in drawing topographical. Drawing but he was fired AT cal for knocking over A Henry Coggswell. Fountain cogswell a known teetotler and, prohibitionist And burgess was a bohemian and he wasn't into. It him and his friends balked the statue over On New Year's day eighteen ninety, four and after that.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 3: Fired so he reconsidered his aspirations and started a small magazine Called The. Lark it was an immediate success because of a four line poem that he wrote called The Purple. Cow and the poem it, SAID i never saw a purple. COW i never hoped to see, one BUT i can tell you Anyhow i'd rather see than big.
Speaker 2: One believe it or. Not that did it. Huh it was enormously. SUCCESSFUL i did. It everybody wanted to work for The.
Speaker 3: Lark local, writers, illustrators everybody joined The. Lark The Purple cow got so big That burris wrote this follow. Up, YES i wrote The Purple. Cow i'm sorry NOW i wrote, it BUT i can tell you. Anyhow i'll kill you if you quote.
Speaker 2: IT i like that one. Better The lark had.
Speaker 3: Spinoffs and pseudonyms, galore and he was behind most of. Them burgess coined the term, blur meeting a short description like a literary blurb on the back of a.
Speaker 2: Book he's the one that coined the. Term he founded.
Speaker 3: The San Francisco Boys. Club he wrote novels that became early twentieth century.
Speaker 2: Movies Married No.
Speaker 3: Kids was supposed to be a really funny Guy San Francisco Boys.
Speaker 4: Club like the you, know like our you, know like The boys And Girls club that.
Speaker 2: Was that's what it.
Speaker 3: Became the Actual boys And Girls club In San francisco is what it's called. Now so, yes he founded that whole, thing but there were no. Girls it was just boys when he. Founded, ironically he is beloved at cal now and his papers are at The Bancroft library In, berkeley including his very influential article On, cubism which is said to have Launched picasso died in nineteen fifty one at eighty five In.
Speaker 4: Carmelt well you're a loud, guy music. Man we love the guys behind the, Guys so happy seventy six To Michael Wayne campbell born In Panama, city grew up In jacksonville And, Gainesville. Florida immediately you know if you, know especially when you hear the music in the. Background he was one of the. Heartbreakers got his first guitar at. Sixteen said it was, unplayable a pawn shop, acoustic but he was able to trade it for a sixty dollars Electric japanese guilletone said also a challenge to. Play family didn't have a bunch of, scratch but he had rich, friends and while he was at one of his rich friend's, house he picked Up The Lads gibson sg and called it a transformative. Experience Mike campbell Loved Bob. Dylan first song he learned Was, baby Let Me Follow You. Down started a. Band Denner, alive not that dead or.
Speaker 2: Alive there's more than One denner alive.
Speaker 4: That dead Or alive exists because this debt Or alive. Failed his Friend Randall marsh said he had just auditioned to be in a band called Mud, crutch which was the biggest.
Speaker 2: Local band in.
Speaker 4: Town and after they called him back to, say, hey you're gonna be our. Drummer do you happen to know a? Guitarist as a matter of, FACT i, Do and he told his Friend michael That mudcrutch needed a guitarist as. Well petty met, him offered him the spot right after he finished the. Audition he, accepted and who knows what might have happened had he. Not Because mudcrutch signs a label, deal moves To La Stall out break up in seventy, four two years of floating, Around petty, says you want to give it another?
Speaker 2: Go Mike, Sure Tom.
Speaker 4: Petty and The heartbreakers and invaluable To Tom petty's. Success he co wrote a lot of his, hits including this, One You Got, lucky A woman In, Love Here comes My, Girl, refugee and Me running down A Dream you Wreck. Me not to, mention he Was petty's co producer for Nearly everything into The Great Wide Open Southern, Accents Full Moon, Fever wildflowers did them. All he And petty made music together for almost fifty years and was still playing with him during that last, show The Hollywood bowl gig In september of twenty seventeen Before petty's unexpected. Death and like you would expect if you're away from, kids exactly right as you would. Expect when you're that talented and you're known for writing all those, hits you get a lot of work outside of. That he toured With fleetwood mac, repacing Replacing Lindsey buckingham for a few. Years he Was Stevie nick's guitarist for twenty five years eighty, one twenty three years eighty one to two, thousand now thirty. Years he worked With Don. Henley all he did With don was co Write boys Of. Summer what's His? Name Michael? Campbell Mike. Campbell he co Wrote boys Of summer And heart of The. Matter brunts's own band Called The Dirty knob still going session Work, Ridiculous Neil, Diamond Dandy Warhol's, Cracker Johnny, Cash Jackson Brown, Seeger Tracy, Chapman Randy, newman.
Speaker 2: All of, them all of.
Speaker 4: Them dylan he is seventy six. Today Mike campbell all, right.
Speaker 2: And we'll be back With Biggie. Rojas that.
Speaker 3: And if it wasn't For matt's big brain getting driving Around, downey who knows if he'd even be here for the.
Speaker 2: INTERVIEW i might be.
Speaker 4: Dead it could have been a sinkhole on the five AND i would have just gotten sucked in by.
Speaker 3: It, listen some of you guys survived by the grace of.
Speaker 2: TECHNOLOGY i survived by my.
Speaker 3: Wits I'm Matt, smith, right the voice of The, chargers AND i don't take no guff from.
Speaker 2: Anybody are we gonna?
Speaker 3: Live?
Speaker 2: Huh are we gonna? Exist or are we gonna?
Speaker 3: Live you should? Really what are we gonna do? Here double, Down matt and buy A porno mag on the way. Home you, know let's. Go i'll let up that magazine stan On melrose and wearing.
Speaker 2: When we.
Speaker 4: Return Miguel rojas will be with us inside the locker. Room don't go anywhere