Speaker 1: It looks good. You got a new knee. Man, You ready to get out? I got it? I'm going, you got I'm going. Yeah. All right, it's Mojo in the morning show. I want to get this person on the air to talk about it. The only problem is this person is never up before ten am because they go out all the time. They go out at night, and they're always you know, out late and then late going home and sleeping in till ten I don't think they've ever listened to this radio show. But so, my buddy's daughter has this happening. She's like mid twenties and she has this going on lately. And he was telling me the story. He was telling me a story about how she will go out with her girlfriends and they will hang out in like Birmingham, which is a suburb here in the area that has a lot of restaurants and you know, late night fair and she won't drive to Birmingham because obviously she wants to drink and have some cocktails, and so she'll take an uber home. And he was telling me that she no longer can take ubers home. She has to call him or call her mom to come pick her up because the uber drivers are creepy. So let me let me read real quick, because I wrote down some of the comments that he made, the quotes and stuff. He said, Okay, here you go. Here's one.
Speaker 2: This is just one driver.
Speaker 1: No, this is numerous drivers. OK okay. So this has happened to her numerous times from different drivers, and I don't know as a woman if I would get into an uber after hearing some of these things. It starts with the guys asking where's your boyfriend? Where's your husband?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Why are they asking that? You know the driver? And then it goes into are you dating right now? And what kind of guys do you date? Two? In some of the cases she's had it where the guys would talk to her about how beautiful she is or how she looked that night and say, you look really good. Were you drinking tonight? Like asked that question almost in kind of a way that you're like, what's up? And one particular guy he was telling me drove her to her house. Now she lives with her parents, So drove her to her house which her parents are there, and got out of the car and said, I want to make sure you get to the door to walk her to the door. Yeah, all right, somebody needs to talk to me about this. Somebody needs to tell me. I thought we had Uber woman or whatever it was. Wasn't there so uber and not? By the way, I believe that they have all these levels of Uber, but there's really no level, because I did. I tried to get an Uber black one time because I figured to myself, I want to get an Uber black. It was a super rope. You can't what was her name? The driver? Actually you know what? It was a black man. I looked at him, my guard, are you driving a woman's car right now? Whose car are you driving? Is Renee Rene's car?
Speaker 2: I mean, the second half of the comments are definitely very creepy. Have you been drinking?
Speaker 3: Is?
Speaker 1: Here's the thing, well me, if.
Speaker 4: I'm an Uber driver, I want to know in case you try to throw up in my back seat or something.
Speaker 2: But if it's to that point, I know I don't need to ask, you know, you know, if somebody's going to vomit and if they're very clearly intoxicated.
Speaker 1: I said to my friend, I said, like, how safe do you feel about this? And he said, he said, honestly, I would rather wake up in the middle of the night or late, you know, middle of the night. For him, it's probably ten o'clock at night or something like that. But I'd rather wake up f from a sleep to go pick her up, or know that I have to stay up to go pick her up at like midnight or whatever it is making sure she gets home safe. Yeah, you know, Yeah, that's it's crazy.
Speaker 2: I feel blessed. I've never had a creepy Uber experience. And I actually have had an Uber driver who walked me to my garage.
Speaker 1: But he was this little, sweet old man.
Speaker 2: I had had him several times and I had been drinking and he was like, I'm just going to walk you do And I didn't think anything right. I mean when I say old, he was probably eighty.
Speaker 1: What would you what do you think he would have done? But he had a hard stack if you said for a night down. He did not feel anything weird. He was very kind. The old guy's great until as uh, Nicole, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: I'm a list driver And with Uber they do background checks, but they do not They're not.
Speaker 3: As contingent on like your background check. You can have a felony and still drive for Uber.
Speaker 2: Really, that doesn't mean but not even that, not even that that's terrible. If that's true, it's you don't you don't need to have a record to just be creepy.
Speaker 5: Right, But but you can also like if still for somebody on the platform driving for Uber.
Speaker 4: Somebody else that you don't know could be also.
Speaker 5: Driving for them, Like the lift, they do.
Speaker 3: Verific identity verification, so they know.
Speaker 5: That you're the one driving.
Speaker 1: Interesting where they don't they.
Speaker 2: Don't do that.
Speaker 1: I've had that happen to me, Nicole, where a driver showed up and him like, that wasn't the person in the picture, Like, you're not, Yeah, that has happened. That's I'm confused.
Speaker 3: Like a friend of yours could drive off of.
Speaker 1: Your off of your account, using your account. Wow, hold on a second here, Michelle, what's up, Michelle? How you doing?
Speaker 5: Hey? We were taught not to get in cars with strangers.
Speaker 1: Get cars with strangers, and isn't that crazy? It doesn't make any sense, Michelle, Michelle, have you ever been in a ride share and felt uncomfortable?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: When I was out in Orange County, California, I thought I was gonna die.
Speaker 1: What happened? This guy was creepy?
Speaker 5: Took us like on detours.
Speaker 2: He took us on tours where we weren't going where we're I was with a friend of mine and.
Speaker 4: I was like, where are you going?
Speaker 1: And he's like, well, I got to go this pot and I'm like, no, you don't, Okay, So you bring up a really interesting point. He told me that that happened to his daughter once too, so he doesn't. He lives like off of the main drag that goes through the town that she goes to. Like, he lives right off of that. He started doing side roads.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 1: I'm cool with that though, because if there's a straight line one streets.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I tell you like this sometimes when I take because if I'm drinking and I live downtown and I'm going to, like, say, for example, my cousin's wedding last Friday, the lift had has taken away that I wouldn't have taken because I know a better route in order to get there. Yeah, we all have that where a lift. Well, seeing you left and you're like, no, why would they send me that direction? I should have got this one.
Speaker 2: So I always and I think a habit when I get into uber. I just started using Lyft, which actually I like better, but I always put a map to the destination if I don't know where I'm going to the destination on my like I pull up Google Maps if I'm in another town and put the hotel in there so that I can like kind of follow along on my own, because well, you will see where your driver's going.
Speaker 1: But on your uber you can see their map that it's telling them to go.
Speaker 2: No, I know what I'm saying. I'm not paying at Like, yeah, I'm kind of not paying attention, but I got.
Speaker 1: Beared off of that map, like the map of where they're going, like he went on he which.
Speaker 2: Is exactly why I do what I do. I do it all the time when I'm in another city.
Speaker 1: You shouldn't be allowed to go off of their map because it is identifying where you're going. What's up, Stephanie, how you doing. I'm doing good.
Speaker 5: I'm the first time, long time, really long time.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 5: I was just saying that this just sounds like a nice guy. And since Wynn is walking someone to the door a red.
Speaker 1: Flag, well when she's wearing a mini skirt and had just had a bunch of espresso martini's, you know, I.
Speaker 5: Don't know I think it's just her perception and they could have just been nice, innocent.
Speaker 1: Dudes that please please be safe out there. Stephanie, thank you for the call. Jovine, what's up?
Speaker 5: Von? Hey, Mojoe, Good morning everybody. Just real quick. I've been doing this full time overnight in the Detroit area, only at night. I have gotten pretty much only the fun people. But all of the stories I get are about the drivers being extra creepy. People are way too relaxed and they don't pay attention. Everybody needs to be careful because these drivers are too many. Unfortunately they're not don't have the best intention. I hear it all the time has been about stick.
Speaker 1: Do you tell them, hey, you got to report that guy? Because as of that does it the right way? I would not want them out there, you know absolutely.
Speaker 5: And by the way, Lift is the sketchy one. I heard the other lady say they you could have a selling Me goes back about ten to fifteen years. Lift does not go back as far. See.
Speaker 1: I'm cool with that.
Speaker 5: I'm look listen, it's completely fine to do an in depth check. But all of the sketchy stuff that I that I'm hearing all the time is almost always on the lift and just.
Speaker 1: This is what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Though, as long as you want to lockdown for those sex crimes, I'm straight. You got to be able to drive, bro, Like have you went in there for money launder? And what they got to do with me to start? But we crimes, I'm okay with you know, I'm trying to go to the store.
Speaker 1: Hold on, what's up, Michelle?
Speaker 5: Hey, I just calling in.
Speaker 4: I So, I'm in gr And I was downtown one day and I wanted to go home by.
Speaker 5: Myself and all my friends.
Speaker 2: So they took a picture of the license plate and the whole way home, the guy was like, oh, I'm not going to kidnap you, like laughing, and it just made it ten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when they say that to you, you're like, Okay, why are you even to say me that? Honestly, I'm almost at a point now where don't talk to me. You know what I mean? You like it? You Saturday? Quiet? Yeah, that's my preference.
Speaker 3: Quiet preferred?
Speaker 1: Are they always quiet? No? Sometimes they're chatty.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, did you worry that I put in?
Speaker 1: I worry about you. I do worry about you because I first off, I you know, I see that you wear outfits that are very nice, and I worry, and you're an attractive lady, and I and you you're going home by yourself. I think you gotta, you know, be careful.
Speaker 3: Yes, one time an uber I wanted to say this earlier. He had to make a stop.
Speaker 1: It was at his.
Speaker 3: House, No, I remember, And then I was like, this is weird. So I looked in the trunk, shell Casings.
Speaker 1: Are you looked in the trunk?
Speaker 3: Kevin just farted for the eight week time Keep Going, Keep Going showcase?
Speaker 1: Yes, how did you look in the trunk? You got out of the car and I was in.
Speaker 3: The back seat, and I was like, why are we stopping at his house? And then I just peeked in the back seat Shell Casings. Luckily it was me and a bunch of my friends. If I was by myself, I would have got out of the car.
Speaker 4: But how what do you have to stop at the house, don't know? Come out with a black man