Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy LA Sports and I'm demand on the iHeartRadio app. This is the Petros and Money Show. You are one of the kind, hosted by Petros Papaday guests left school after sixth grade. Look at him and the voice of the Bolts Matt money Smith. The answer is on money. There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming. This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 2: On the home of your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Make us your top preset on the iHeartRadio app. Nobody holds a good opinion of a man that has a low opinion of himself.
Speaker 3: I'm gone with you, Petro Money a five to seventy ELA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. We have Dodger Baseball from the Gallpinford Broadcast Center coming up at seven point fifteen pm. Five minute later start their Dodgers on Deck with Tim Kates, David Besse and company. At six DV will join us in Progman Don mcclaan will join us at the bottom of the hour. Big breaking news. Kevin Durant is out. Why why he's old left ankle sprain. That's what they're saying. Matt left ankle. Sprain played seventy eight regular season games this year, one of the healthiest regular seasons of his career, and then the playoffs come around and unfortunately for he and the Rockets, bad timing. So Lakers already up to zero duran out tonight. They've looked pretty terrible offensively.
Speaker 1: First game he missed was due to a knee, knee, and now it's an ankle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so there's that.
Speaker 1: I mean, that does not seem advantageous.
Speaker 3: For the Rockets. No advantageous for the Lebrons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the fighting Lebron. James's how'd you like to win a thousand dollars? Listen between nine and five. We're almost there every weekday for your chance to win a thousand dollars. Every hour l a sports bonus Bucks brought to you by our friends at Sweet James Accident Attorneys Offices in La California, Sweet James dot com. Don McLean will join us this hour. David Vasse will join us this hour. A Key Mesidor will join us this hour. The new pick for the Chargers and they will pick again tonight night as the second round of the draft is up and running right now. But we are doing what we like to call counter programming. How much does it matter much? No, you could podcast the show on the iHeartRadio app for your smartphone and enjoy it that way, which is very, very advantageous, unlike the Rockets and the Lakers situation. Okay, his words. The word of the day. Today's word of the day is Armenian genocide. It's Armenian Genocide Day here everywhere, but in bird Bank, Matt. The flags are flying. The machine gun stickers on the back of the cars are there, defend Armenia. Back of an Escalade, back of a black Mercedes, back of a black Range Rover. I'm black and I'm back. And I went to the doghouse the.
Speaker 3: Former Taco bell up the street from the studio there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it doesn't look like a former Taco bell anymore, it really did.
Speaker 3: They did a good job with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd really look like a former Taco bell for a long time. Like the ones that are like a laundry.
Speaker 3: The mission style.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you go in and you think you're gonna like churn some butter and wash some clothes by the river, but instead it's a laundry no longer a taco bell and some of the old taco bells. That one on on what is that Holly? What is that Olive? The one on Olive? Where where the doghouse is? It used to have like an open flame out front, like a fire pit. I don't do that anymore. The taco bells used to have like a sweet fire pit out front.
Speaker 3: One thing you need in Burbank in the summer, it's a flame to sit by.
Speaker 1: Well, I like to sit by that fire when I eat my in fuato to my cinnamon twist. It's like at one o'clock in August in right, I like to sit down right there at the fire pit. But I met the new owner of the u of the doghouse. And the new owner of the doghouse on Olive is an Armenian gentleman. Okay, yes, And he told me he was a listener. He said, I have to ask, are you Petros? I said, I am Petros, and I'm here all the time. Is this your doghouse? And he said, yes, it is my doghouse. And his name was Vaha. I'm sure he has a cousin named mesk Bro and Vaha. I wished him, you know, I honored the Armenia. I didn't say happy Armenian Genocide Day, because that's not right, you know, not happy. But I said, you know, my thoughts are with your people to and he did the heart touch and he said thank you, and then I took another bite of my giant bacon breakfast burrito, which I did enjoy. So a shout out to the new ownership at the doghouse down the street, Matt. We are very much involved with the doghouse, and Vaha owns three other houses of the dog as well. Okay, they do a bang up job with that, they sure do, Matt. So a tip of the cap to our Armenian friends. Vaha went to Burbank Kai unfortunately, he told me, unlike Kate's who went to Burrows, And Vaha said, I went to Burbank because that's where all the Armenians go. That is, may everybody have a pleasant and reflective Armenian Genocide rememberance day.
Speaker 4: You know, if he owns the doghouse over by the Airport of Hollywood Way, that'd be a kind of cool little spot for us to go maybe after a show to get some beers. They had a really nice little beer guard.
Speaker 1: They have nice yeah, they have. I mean I like to sit right where they used to have that open flame at the old top of Bell But hey, whatever.
Speaker 3: You know, I'll bring your own flame. You know, we can bring a hot plate and sit around here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good. Next time we brought a lighter around here in Burbank.
Speaker 4: Really, I mean not that we get together as a show or anything like other shows doing really bond, but I'd rather get okay, all.
Speaker 1: Right, here's my number. Number of the day.
Speaker 3: Number of the day is five. I believe we've talked about this a little bit, but it's making the news now because typically when the NCAA announces they're going to do something, it takes about another ten years before they actually kind of leak that they're gonna do it, and then another ten years before they do it. But this new Charlie Baker guy is looking to be known for action and not talking. Five and five is what he is proposing p and he wants it installed and voted upon and having it enacted as soon as June of this year. He wants it voted on in less than four weeks. And he's saying the way to curb guys coming back from the NBA or the G League, or are playing professionally abroad. Is with this five and five rule, you have a five year age based window to compete in college athletics. It begins the moment you graduate high school for five years or when you turn eighteen, for five years. They want to eliminate traditional red shirt years and injury based waivers. Exceptions are expected to be incredibly limited, very specific, rare circumstances like military service or maternity leave no longer injury based Mormon mission.
Speaker 1: You can be still be twenty six and have a bunch of kids and do it.
Speaker 3: I think the mission will work. Yeah, that would line That would line up, and it aligns with the recent executive order aiming to saturnize eligibility and limit transfer options. So he wants this voted on, and I would assume the fact that the federal government wants to try to get involved in this. The NCAA is trying to nip that in the bud and see if they can curb that by doing it themselves.
Speaker 1: And how much how much longer are they going to be around because the two TV networks are already commiserating to cut them out, and the only reason they haven't done it already is because they don't get along very well either super League. So yeah, it's a complicated situation that's going to get more complicated. But the five and five thing is a.
Speaker 3: Lot more like nice and easy what I had.
Speaker 1: You know, growing up. If you you know, when I transferred from col within the conference, that was terrible. I mean, that was so much red tape. It was so daunting that it was almost not worth doing at all. And that changed a lot. So it looks like they're trying to find a happy medium between those two. But that seems pretty uh. I heard that yeah a while back, and it does seem like a feasible, a feasible solution.
Speaker 3: I just can't believe they're putting a timeline on it. Normally they just leak it and then it sits there, it gets stale and we move on.
Speaker 1: Well, Matt, look you know, I mean, robot ops are here. Things happen faster here. At twenty twenty six, the world turns quicker on.
Speaker 3: Its house changing. Baseball can change. We can if us can change, and eyes can change, and baseball can change certainly anything.
Speaker 1: Kish how is the moment everything changed?
Speaker 3: This is the song of the day.
Speaker 5: Home Cooking is the title of our song of the Day from the late great Nigerian drummer and composer Tony Allen, because the Petros and Money Show has the recipe for cooking up three hours of great sports talk on a frog Man Friday, as the Dodgers have returned to the friendly confines of Uniclo Field at Dodger Stadium for some home cooking of their own with that Weirdo Craig Council in the Chicago Cubs in town for the weekend and Tim Cats will work you up a good ladder, getting you ready with your Marongo casino. Dodgers on Deck program beginning at six o'clock.
Speaker 1: Keeping thank you right like my wife says. Coming up next, Don McClain, we'll talk about the Lakers. We'll talk about Jam McClain, Petros, Papadacres, Matt Money Spire. This is Petro Send Money on demand.
Speaker 3: Petro Some Money, Ham five seventy LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Dodger Baseball coming up at seven o'clock. We'll have your first pitch in a little while. We will have Dodgers on deck as it is Dodgers v Cubs, coming off a bit of a disappointing road trip three and four against the Rockies and the Giants before taking on a Cubs team that started out slow but has picked it up as of late. And you're gonna want to listen to that because it is an Apple TV broadcast as it is a Friday night, very.
Speaker 1: Important to have the Petro Send Money show to tell you where to watch the game or listen to it. We will handle it. And right now it's time for Don McClain, our BFF, our number one guy when it comes to basketball analysis. He's in the middle of what we like to call Camp McClain, which is his draft readiness program, run My caa Adventure accounting. You know him as the leading scorer in the history of the Pac twelve. You see him on the Big Ten network, FS one, Fox Pac twelve Network. So the next ass he kisses will be the first. It is our friend decorated in the NBA Immortal in the Southern California area on your Southern California Toyota to Neither celebrity hotline. Don McClain, the Baron of Box Canyon, is here. Hello, Don.
Speaker 6: It's interesting Tim didn't say anything. But this is typically, at least for the last four or so years, a scheduled week off for me on the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but not with the way the Lakers. You know, the Lakers, they won a couple of games, and Chargers, you know, picked late in the draft, you know d ND not exactly justin Herbert going in the draft. You know, Matt and I aren't out at the Santa Monica Pier or the Century City Mall, and we figured, you know, we might as well pull the trigger on our friend Don McLean and get his thoughts about tonight's You.
Speaker 6: Don't remember why it's normally a scheduled week off for me on this show.
Speaker 3: I am I plead ignorance.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, don stage Coach. I'm not going this year.
Speaker 3: The Coach.
Speaker 1: I did think about that. I did. I did think about asking you about Stage Coach because my wife mentioned the Diplos Honky talk is in the corner at stage Coach this year, and they also have Pitbull. I think is it stage Coach Walflou.
Speaker 6: Diplo is there every year, and two years ago he stayed at the house right next to us.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I don't look at that little after hours for the mcleans.
Speaker 6: I think because we're old and cranky, at least I am. I think by the time he gets back from a set, we are soundly asleep.
Speaker 3: I prefer to envision you in the driveway when Diplo and his crew pull back. Diplo, well done tonight.
Speaker 1: Where is Walshne where's your friend Woolshey fire?
Speaker 3: Raise a glass to you, Diplo? That was epic tonight.
Speaker 1: Where's DJ Snake? I want to congratulate him as well. It's a real nineties nostalgia year, Don, They got county crows, they got wallflowers. I mean, this is this our year.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we just with what I have going on, and I've made it work the last few years, but this year I just decided that it might be good to take a year off and manage what I'm managing instead of leaving it to other people for a few days. So I'm sure we'll get back to it next year.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Last year you sent Mark Madson and to deal with your draft picks, and they were all acting like dorks, all right, Don surprising maybe that the Lakers are up to zero against the Rockets, or the Rockets just been that bad. What do you think we're looking at here?
Speaker 6: I think it's both. I think the one thing that jumps out at me is that I think JJ Reddick's really starting to figure this thing out. You know, Look, he's obviously understood the game. He played at a high level, very cerebral, but that doesn't always translate to being a head coach in the NBA. And I think you need to learn on the fly as you go, and I think he has and I think now you're starting to see his chops with the x's and o's. I think in the locker room he's great with managing personalities. But then you have to give credit to Lebron whether you like him or not. Man, this guy is become a chameleon. He can play with Doncic and Reeves and let them go, but if they're not in, he can take take over. And then the last thing is Canard and Smart have been unbelievable and that's what you need in the playoffs if you're an underdog team is guys to kind of go above and beyond what's expected. And that's really what Canard and Smart have done.
Speaker 3: What don I don't know if you can't if there's a way to explain it, or if it's just collective effort. But I mean, the Rockets are shooting forty percent and you talked about sort of the coaching of JJ and it's not like you didn't have anyone out there. I mean, Marcus Smart's former defensive Player of the Year, But when you're watching, like, what is it that he's doing, Because when you look at the collective, it's not like it's a great defensive team.
Speaker 6: No, no, in how do I say this politely, I'm still trying to figure out what Houston's trying to do on the offensive end. So I'm not discounting what the Lakers have done defensively. They've been up and into it and engaged. But you said it, Matt. They haven't shown that they're a great defensive team all year. They've shown flashes, but overall they're not a great defensive team. But Houston doesn't have a game plan. I think the game plan is Kevin Durant's going to bail us out. Well, he didn't play in Game one, and then the Lakers kind of new, Okay, they think Kevin Durant's going to bail them out, so let's double team them, triple team them, and they took him out of the game and the Rockets had nothing else he made. Doka has been, you know, celebrated as a is a very good head coach, and he has been, but it's really because of the defense that his teams have played. He's not known as a as a great offensive mind. And I think JA and that's why I said that about JJ Reddick, Like I think JJ sees what they're doing or not trying to do, or whatever they're trying to do, and he's taken he's taken them out of it. That being said, I fully expect the Rockets to win that game tonight and make it a series.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you talk about just kind of it's it's not fun to watch, like their offense is like you said, it's hard to figure out what they want to do. It's stagnant. It's a lot of late shot clock shots. For as long as you played in as long as you've been around some of these young players. I'm just thinking of like Amen Thompson and Sheng Goon in Esen, like it just looks like the moment's too big, Like is that common when you kind of get into a series like this for guys that are really, really good in the regular season to just kind of shrink a little in the playoffs.
Speaker 6: Well and read Shepherd too, Matt. And you know, here's the hard part. When you get to the playoffs and Kevin Durant has earned anything that anyone says about him, any award, whatever he gets. But what happens is if you're an inexperienced playoff team with inexperienced players, you defer to a guy like Kevin Durant and think, oh, he's just going to carry us. He'll get forty five tonight and we'll win. So you don't really know what to do. You don't know. You don't know should I take this shot? Should I be aggressive here? Should I not? Should I just throw it to KD? And so that's what I'm saying. If you don't have a coach, it's like, hey, guys, look, Kevin's gonna get his don't worry about him. Here's what you guys need to be doing. And I just don't see that in the first two games of this series with those other guys.
Speaker 1: Is there anything else going on in the playoffs that has shocked you? Don Portland beating the Spurs and Wemby balking his head or I mean, is there any way to think that the Lakers could get past Okac? I mean, what are we doing, don Why we just our wheels talking? We should be at stage coach.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, Jalen William's hamstring could give him a break. I mean, they played most of the season without and we're still the best team in the league, so that's not really any consolation. But if you get the Thunder without him, you'll obviously have a better chance. But you never know because sometimes in the playoffs, and we've seen this in every sport, you're an underdog coming in, you play above expectation, you win a game or two, you win a series. Now all of a sudden, you're pretty confident. And so I'm not saying they're going to beat the Thunder, but I think if they do get past the Rock, it's that series will be much better than everyone thought it would be a week ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And again, the longer it goes, the more likely injuries happen. In the case of the Lakers, the longer it goes, the longer it provides an opportunity for Austin Reeves and Luca to come back. I know you don't want to play doctor or anything, but I'm guessing you've probably had an oblique and a hamstring in your career. Don do you can you see those guys coming back and if they do come back, would they be rusty? Would it be hard for them to play at their previous levels? You know, if they're coming off those injuries.
Speaker 6: Well, both those guys are so good. I don't think that. I think what's going to be interesting to watch is as they monitor this series. If it looks like this Lakers team is going to beat the Rockets, you won't see them. But if we get to you know, it's two to two and those looks like it might go seven, or we ramping up Reeves and daunch its to maybe for a game seven to try and win, that it will be interesting. But I do think it being around the league for as long as I have been, they will determine when those guys are coming back based on need.
Speaker 1: How's camp McClain going, Don.
Speaker 6: It's going good. It's going good. We just finished Week three, two and a half weeks. We didn't start on Monday, but it's good. We're for at this point in the proceedings, We're probably where we should be. I wish we were a little above, but we're not, and that's fine. We'll get there. The combines in two and a half weeks, three weeks, and so we got plenty of time to get it going. We'll be back at it tomorrow morning and then we'll finish the week.
Speaker 1: Any rumors are there truth to the rumors that there was a canoeing accident.
Speaker 6: A canoeing accident in Camp McClain. No. There might have been a cold tub accident, but not a canoeing accident.
Speaker 3: Got to get out of there, young man. You can't be in there for ten minutes. They appreciate ball song, Don die bars frozen like Hans Don not not asking to not asking to take a shot or anything here. But I think because of the experience, you know, with the Lakers, you had Tom Thibodeau kind of orchestrate that that two thousand and seven Boston Celtics defense that won the title or two thousand and eight I think it was that won the title. And then he ends up getting his opportunities and does pretty darn good things with every stop he's at right, Bulls, Timberwolves, Knicks takes the Knicks to the conference finals for the first time in like two decades, Mike Brown has not experienced success. Like, what what do you think went behind that move to move on from a guy that was just in the conference finals to somebody who is now really struggling in those those prime moments at the end of games to try to come up with something to help his team win.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Matt, I don't know. I think you know, the expectation level New York is high. Obviously Tom didn't get all the way which they thought he would. But I also think that they thought that they would have their pick of the litter, and it turns out they didn't, and so they had the default back to Mike Brown. And I think Mike Brown's a good coach. I don't think he's a great coach, and I think that's kind of proving out right now. And so that's what I don't understand about the NBA is that you have guys you kind of know who they are, You know what their ceiling is as a coach, and where they can take a team, whether it's an experienced team not experience. You kind of know who they are. And I'm not sure why all these franchises keep rehiring these guys when you could take a chance on a guy like JJ Reddick, because to me, it's pretty clear this Raddick thing is going to work out. It is for as long as you want. Similar to Steve Kerr, same thing was in broadcasting. All of a sudden, he's the head coach, and you know, look what he did in Golden State. So and that's not to take a shot at Mike Brown. It's just I would rather identify somebody who you know, really has a huge basketball IQ that maybe doesn't have the experience that you might hit the jackpot on like the Lakers did, like the Warriors have, instead of recycling a guy who's had two or three jobs and really hasn't gotten the job done.
Speaker 1: That's why I thought Kenny Smith was gonna get the job at North Carolina. I don't know what happened. The great Tom McClain, everybody, we love you, Dawn, we appreciate you, guys. We hope that you get the job at Northridge.
Speaker 6: No chance, have a good weekend.
Speaker 3: No chance Jazz, better chance of me being at stage coach On Sunday, You're.
Speaker 1: Going to see Bret McLean on his shoulders. Well they sing round here, all right. We'll be back with more Petros and Money on that's raining Matt on seventy LA Sports, your home of the Dodgers. We got Dodgers Cubs tonight Morongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck starts at sick.
Speaker 3: This is Petros Money on Demand, show Some Money and five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio. We're going until six pm. That'll be Dodgers on Deck and then Dodgers Cubs gets started just after seven.
Speaker 1: With an inside look at the Dodgers. This is the Vass Report with David Vasse. David Vase joining us right now. He is our Dodger reporter, MLB Network, Spectrum Sports met LA back from San Francisco, a leisurely short trip home and now the Cubs are in town. Dave loves to tickle the Cub fans, kind of like Pete Crow Armstrong attacks the Dodger fans. Ah hah, turn about his fair play a pouche. David Vasse at the Real Underscore DV making some waves on X talking about the Otani rule. This right now on the Petros and My show. Dave, how are you what's going on there?
Speaker 2: Come on, kid, I'm doing great. Happy to be back at Dodger Stadium. It should be a fun three game series. You're right, there's two Cubs that are public enemy number one these days, Pee Crow Armstrong, a local kid going after Dodger fans before the season, and Craig Council going after Shoho Tani and the Otani rule. So the whiny Cubs winners at nine in a row are in la.
Speaker 1: Let's do one at a time here, Dave, because you've said that Pete Crow Armstrong seems like a nice kid and Harvard Westlake and all that, but it seems like he just every time he talks about Dodger fans he says something dumber. What's going on? Can't somebody tell this guy to stop? This isn't good.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love pe Crow Armstrong. I got to know him at Justin Turner's golf tournament a couple of years ago. He's a great kid, very prideful of being from southern California. But I feel like in trying to endear himself to Chicago fans, he didn't have to kick the Dodger fans in the process, And then he was asked to follow up again again on it, and I guess because he got his extension with the Cubs, he's not going anywhere, so he doubled down on all that. But with those home run seats extremely close to center field, I'm sure he's going to hear about it in these three games.
Speaker 3: He's not the only one that's going to be the object of derision. Dave, are you surprised that this Otani thing has taken off the way it has after Craig Counsel's statement night, Ken Rosenthal doing a long form piece, You're engaging with Justin Turner on Twitter like this is the crazy. He's a one of one guy who the hell.
Speaker 2: Cares well Christ and foremost Justin Turner engaged in my tweet.
Speaker 1: I did not re engage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so there's a lot of time down there in Tijuana for JT to just look at my tweets and chime in.
Speaker 1: Corrections and retractions.
Speaker 2: But he brought up a good point. Look, if teams feel that it's unfair to have show Halo Tome he counted as a fourteenth pitcher, why not just go to thirteen pitchers, thirteen position players instead of just you know, the way it's laid out right now. But here's my thing, And I know some people with the Angels. Mark Goubazaw took exception with me using the word languishing in Anaheim, but that's exactly what Otani was doing there. And when this rule was implemented in twenty twenty one, nobody blinked an eye at it. But all of a sudden, the Dodgers had won back to back championships. Everybody has a lot of jealous and envy out there, and out of nowhere, Craig Council, upset about his own pitching injury situation, starts to attack the Otani role. You know, if Creig Council really wanted to make a point here, he would bring up the fact that part of this Otani rule allows Otani to stay in the game as a hitter when he's removed as a pitcher. If there's any complaint about that rule, that's what the complaint should be, not the fact that he's designated as a two way play lay.
Speaker 1: Well, but it's not new, right, Like, what's this isn't.
Speaker 2: Not new in there? Since he was languishing in Anaheim.
Speaker 1: And what did Gooby call you or text you or tweet you. Did he engage like Turner.
Speaker 2: Derek the Weston engaged on Twitter just by saying my full name and three dots and then Gooby, you know, we have a very open line of communication. Did not appreciate me using and describing Otani's time in Anaheim as languishing Why Dave?
Speaker 3: Why the one thing that I didn't know? And I'm an idiot, but I don't. I don't know how many baseball fans knew this? Why Why does Major League Baseball have it set up the way? Because that's what Justin Turner kind of wrote back at you, like, why don't we just let you build a team home whatever the hell you want to build a team, and you know you take the risks in the reward that come with more pitchers versus less hitters, or more hitters versus less pitchers.
Speaker 2: Well, we saw what happened when Major League Baseball allowed that, and all of a sudden you start having bullpen games, and all all of a sudden, the games are taking three and a half to four hours long. And that's part of the reason why they put in that three batter minimum to try to discourage that. But because there were more relief pitchers in the bullpen than bench players. Teams were starting to, you know, even ignore that type of rule, and then they brought in the pitch clock as well. So Major League Baseball doesn't want to go back to bullpen games where you're using, you know, multiple relievers in one inning or in an entire game. So that's part of the reason why there's roster constraints.
Speaker 1: David Massey is our guest at the Real Underscore, DV Morango, Casino, Dodgers on Deck, Dodger Clubhouse, and Dodger Talk. You will hear him on tonight. Does a fabulous.
Speaker 2: PTA is still my guy? PCA is still my guy.
Speaker 1: Global recognized reporter DA David mass continues to protect and I don't care. It doesn't matter to me one way or the other day, but I.
Speaker 2: Gotta ask I'm protecting him. I would have advised him to stay away from that topic, but I'm not in Chicago.
Speaker 1: If I peeled your dead body off of hairs, you're riddled with bullets and he's under you, totally pristine. Dave the Dalton rushing muscly leg Anger. How much did that go? How far did that go? In renewing the Dodger Giants rivalry, getting people excited about it, and the teams a little bit. They're blood up a little bit.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's the first time we've had some boiling water between the Dodgers and Giants and smacks months he told Madison Bumgardner to get the ball out of the ocean. That's the first time we had something like that. And Rushing, he's a guy that's not going to shy away from using his emotions and having that chip on his shoulder, having that edge. And look, I don't think you know, Junghu Lee stayed in the game for another inning, so it's not like his leg snapped off. He was fine at that point in time. And I'm not sure Rushing new thought that he was hurt. He reached out to Jung Huli to clear the air and just say, hey, my emotions got the best of me. I never was wishing injury on you. But Dave Roberts said yesterday that he believed that Logan Webb threw at Dalton Rushing on purpose, and Logan Webb denied it. But you know, Dave and everybody else that was watching the game knew that Logan Webb had great command, and all of a sudden one fires into the leg lower body of Dalton Rushing and then which put a little bit more gasoline on the Dodger Giant rivalry, with Dalton Rushing being at the center of it. There was a double play ground ball and Rushing at first base went in hard on Williadomas at second base in the sixth inning yesterday, and the Giants Louis a Raise spoke out about that. Did not appreciate that, but Dave Roberts said, that's just good hard nose baseball. But it was a hard slide.
Speaker 3: Speaking of Arise, the only blemish on Glass niles outing as far as I ad one walk as well. But Dave, what are we seeing here? We've got one hundred pitches or more in each and three of his last four starts. This was kind of the guy that was being handled with kid gloves more than anyone else when he first got here.
Speaker 1: What kind of.
Speaker 3: Season should we expect from Glass now? And kind of what do you think has led to him being the guy that's going the deepest in these games?
Speaker 2: Well, he's considered now the Dodgers' workhorse, right there with Yamamoto because he's a guy that will go on six days rest, He'll go on five days rest. He may even go on four days rest to accommodate show Aotani next week. He's just a different guy. I saw it in spring training. I told you guys he was a different guy. I expected a big season out of him. And look, his best year in baseball was his first year with the Dodgers, when he made twenty two starts. He made the All Star team. But the second half kind of got away from him like it has historically in his career. There's no doubt he's going to finish this first half strong. But now the next hurdle for him is to continue in the second half of the season, and I actually believe that's going to happen for the first time in his career where he can put together a full season and make, you know, a career hind starts close to thirty.
Speaker 1: Some are crediting the petros And Money Show for injecting Glass now with that new found confidence of longevity in games, yeah, and perseverance through bad elements like the snow the other night in Colorado. Some are crediting the Petrosen Money Show just to let you.
Speaker 2: Know, well, usually in those type of conditions, it does benefit the pitcher. Just to you know, set the record straight. I know you guys want to be fair and balanced.
Speaker 1: I asked about it that day and you said you sung a different tune. And if you want me to go back and check the table, they.
Speaker 2: Cleared the snow. They cleared the snow. It was the perfect conditions. Thirty five degrees takes you.
Speaker 1: Dave, have a great night, and we're gonna look forward to listening Dodger baseball versus the Cubs. Maybe the Dodgers will get all heated with them and fight with them.
Speaker 2: They about now it is Michael Bush, only cub By like, now is Michael Bush?
Speaker 3: What about PCA? You were just you said he was a really nice guy.
Speaker 6: Out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's out. You're out, Pca. That's how quick it goes. You see that, kids, We're back with more petrons of money on half seventy LA Sports. You're over the Dodgers. Another hour, we will have a keen mezzador, the Chargers first round pick coming off the edge out of Miami, and we'll have quickets, fun fact and dead and alive, and then we'll get you to the game.