Speaker 1: I've heard there's one question that you can ask your partner every day they can improve your relationship. Do you want to know what it is?
Speaker 2: Von?
Speaker 1: This is coming very handy for you every single day, every single day, every single day, there's one question. And Bailey, you could do this with your cat.
Speaker 3: Okay, yea, yeah?
Speaker 1: What can I do right now to make you happy?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Maybe get me a b I don't know, give me a glass of wine, or one of those seven layer bars in the cupboard sounds really good, or maybe microwaves some popcorn, or leave me alone.
Speaker 5: Can I tell you why? I don't think that'll work.
Speaker 1: Here we go, Come on, vod.
Speaker 5: If I learn any cynicism, it's because of you. It's because I feel like a lot of people in relationships don't want to be asked what can I do to make you feel better? They want you to know you know what I'm saying. They want you to already know, like I shouldn't have to tell you.
Speaker 1: Hmmm. I don't agree on this one because I don't know that Susan wants a seven layer bar. But if she's like, yeah, you know what, Okay, I'll have a seven layer bar, Well, let me get you one.
Speaker 5: I think sometimes, but I think every single day. If it's like, oh, what can I do to make you feel better? What can I do to you know, make you happy today? It's just like you still don't know. You still don't know me as a partner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I guess, but would you have to know? You know what you know?
Speaker 6: I think you're right, though, Vane, because if I wanted a seven layer bar, I feel like my partner would have to just know that about me.
Speaker 1: Oh no, just bring me one. This is why people get divorced and split up is because it's like you should have known what I was thinking. You should have know it doesn't we don't read minds. I agree.
Speaker 5: I'm just telling you why I don't think it would work.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, you know what. That's why that you know that you're destined for fait. I've got nothing. I just thought it was a cool little thing. What can I do to make you happy?
Speaker 6: You're gonna start asking my cat, and I wonder if he's going to stray from his usual, which is, uh where yeah what he usually says?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know he might go so okay, right, he might change his mind.
Speaker 1: You know, if I ever asked Susan, what can I do to make you happy? Yeah, she'd probably be like, you know, probably I don't know, a foot rub or lotion on my feet or something like that.
Speaker 3: Get out my business like and she might.
Speaker 1: And I think that's fair. It's like, you know what, get out of the house and go out with the well money one man out with blee, go clean up dog poop in the yard. It hasn't been done. What can I do to make you happy? Think about it. Maybe it'll work for you, Maybe it would not work for you.
Speaker 5: Well, speaking of couples not working out, did you see about the proposal that went wrong on the internet?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Other one?
Speaker 3: Another one?
Speaker 5: Right, so it's going viral right now. A guy asked his girlfriend to marry him, but when he opened the ring box, he left the not only the price tag, but the fact that the price tag said Walmart's in it. And so I guess he or she shared the messages that they had after the fact she said no. Obviously, when he proposed, he texted her and was like, Hey, what's happened? And I planned this for you for over a year. You really told me no? In front of everyone? That qrushed me I imagine her family has fanily host No. No, she responded to say, it's not even about embarrassing you. It's about you not listening. I've told you the kind of ring I wanted more than once, and you showed up with something from Walmart. He responds, So this is about the ring. I still spent nine hundred dollars, regardless of where I got it from. I put so much effort into this for you and for us. She responds, Tyler, if you knew what I wanted and still chose to do what was easiest, tells me you don't really hear me. I just want to feel chosen, not proposed to Ooike.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I'm on her side.
Speaker 6: I thought when I when I first heard of this, I didn't know like context, and I thought, oh a Walmart ring, Like okay, that's the thing. No, she's like making it about like I've told you, and I've told you, and you didn't listen.
Speaker 3: So you chose what was easiest for you?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, he wanted to marry her. What if that's all he got? Not easiest, but like, I mean, yeah, easiest. He was destined to hurry up and propose get a ring.
Speaker 6: I know it's not what you want and proposed like, okay, that's romantic, all right. I got to hurry up and propose because I just want to get this.
Speaker 1: Over Why did you leave the price tag on there? That seems rooky messatic because I don't know whether Walmart rings are you know what I saw the picture of the ring. It's a nice ring. It's a nice ring. And for a young couple. Sure, absolutely, I will say, and go out on a limon say that if your boyfriend or person proposing to you is over thirty, they got to get you more than an eight hundred dollars Walmart ring. I just I'm gonna maybe that sounds really elitist of me. But if you're twenty two Walmart ring, fine, twenty four, fine, twenty six, pushing a little bit thirty and over, you got to spend more money than that one.
Speaker 5: But I disagree with Bailey, and so I'll say, you just try to hurry up and get this over with.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 5: I mean, what if that's just all my man could afford right now? Bailey, you knows she just established that.
Speaker 1: But that's the thing. I mean, if you love somebody, you shouldn't care how much the ring is you really shouldn't. I mean, somebody can get married or engaged with a cigar band, like if you really love and they're like, really want to marry you, they don't care because what if she said I want a ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: Ring, Well, got that, okay, then put it into like I want this pair of jeans, and then he comes home with like a red pair of corduroys, Well I got you pants. Well that's not what I asked for. I wanted this pair of geans. No, I don't sound ungrateful. No, she said what she wanted and he didn't listen to her.
Speaker 1: Bailey does have a point. She didn't listen. But at the same time, I don't want to marry somebody who's gonna judge me on this the quality and the price of the ring that I got and whether I got it at Walmart. Yes, I want somebody who's gonna marry me because they're like they can't wait to get married and start our life together and one day I hope to meet Yeah, thank you, vun. We'll be back in a second. We're gonna do the daily Bailey, we had a lot of dirt to cover We've got a brand new War of the Roses. I love to War the Roses today. I know it's still an hour and a half away, but it is basically two women ganging up on one guy to see whether he has seen anybody else besides them. And it's coming up in a little bit later on. You need us for anything, sending me a text at katiewb one. What are we gonna do on the Daily Bailey?
Speaker 3: Are you talking about Give to the Max Day?
Speaker 1: It is given the Day, Yes it is, and we're gonna be looking for some donations for Christmas Wish. We'll tell you about that, Dave Ryan in the morning show on Katie WB.
Speaker 2: Today on The Daily Bailey, I would like to talk about Give to the Max Day, which is today, and it's like a huge charity like donation raising day for a bunch of different nonprofits in Minnesota, and it happens like every single year, and it's honestly, like really.
Speaker 6: Easy to donate money to any charity or nonprofit organization that you want to on the Internet. And I know we are going to be doing kind of like our own little Gift to the Max Day for Christmas Wish later today and that one. We will talk about it in full, for sure, but this one is like its own kind of separate thing.
Speaker 3: So what I would do is go to give mn dot org and then you'll literally have it. It's right there.
Speaker 6: I'm donating a bunch of money today because of my mega walk that I went on, and a bunch of you already donated to me last October, and I raised sixteen hundred dollars. So I'm donating in increments today because the more you donate, the more like these nonprofits are entered into kind of like a lottery system, and then you can win even more money for your nonprofit by donating in increments.
Speaker 3: Okay, cool, are we donating any money?
Speaker 1: I just donated five dollars to Katie Wub's Christmas wish to make sure that the link works and everything mabulous. So I've already started. Yeah, we we are. Actually, we tend to be pretty generous, but I really choose the charities carefully. There's certain charities that I will not donate to. I will not donate to one that mails out all kinds of little choch keys and postcards and Christmas ornaments and key chains and things like that. It's like give the money to the kids. I don't need a Christmas ornament that says this on it. I don't need you to mail me a calendar with whales all over it. So there's certain charities that I don't give to. It's like, do you spend more on fundraising efforts and marketing than you do on giving it to the kids and the whales? Sure, so I give to like, you know, like local charities things like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so if you go on this website, you can like look them up or by name. You can look up literally any nonprofit or charity by name, and then the golden tickets thing is the kind of they get.
Speaker 3: Take given out throughout the day.
Speaker 6: Those are like an extra five hundred dollars to every day.
Speaker 1: So here's my proposal. Christmas Wish is a nonprofit, tax deductible. Nobody gets paid extra. There is no fundraising efforts for Christmas Wish. It stays right through in the Twin Cities. It is tax deductible. Here's okay, give a dollar for every year that you've listened to the Dave Ryan Show. If you've listened for twenty years, give twenty dollars. If you've listened for five years, give five dollars. Maybe you want to be a little bit more generous. If you've listened for two years, give two dollars. I don't care. Maybe you want to bump it up a little bit. If you've listened for thirty two years, you've been here the entire time, give it thirty two dollars. Maybe it's worth it. Maybe a dollar a year is a good price to pay. Thanks, And we're going to we cannot get what we can't get hourly updates on what we're getting donated. We can't. We'll have it for you tomorrow, So go to KBB dot com slash wish and I just tried it out to make sure it because I don't want to send you to a website that's broken or the links are down or whatever. It works fine. You put in your credit card. It took me probably two and a half three minutes to donate five bucks. Got your credit card in there, you click the you click send or whatever, and you're good to go. So if you've listened for twenty years, donate twenty dollars, which is not it's not a lot. I mean, that's what three good coffee Monday, Tuesday Wednesday maybe, but we're starting small. We're gonna start with you small, and if you feel a little bit like you know what, this show has been worth a dollar a year, then go ahead and donate. We don't get any of it. Of course. It goes all to Christmas Wish to help families and individual just in need.
Speaker 3: Good day to be charitable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it really is. So we'll have more challenges a little bit later on. We're gonna have people donate a dollar for every push up that I can do, for every impression that all of us can do, and for how long Von can hold his head under water yep, in the toilet, And we're going to help you in there a little bit later on.
Speaker 5: If you're lucky enough, my head might just end up staying there and you'll just end up having to.
Speaker 1: Donat Yes, yeah, all right, thank you, Bailey. Appreciate that It is one one point three kd WB on Give to the Bank's Day. Christmas Wish starts in a couple of weeks and we do need some funding for that. Along with our regular partners of Holiday station Stores, Treasure Island and youth Link love to get some help from you. Go do that now while you get a chance, and we'll be singing a long song of the day. We had Rachel on the phone. It's a big day for you, Rachel. Who why is it a big day? Rachel?
Speaker 3: My twenty fifth today? Oh my god, your life crisis.
Speaker 1: Do you feel old at twenty five years old?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: But now at the same time, O.
Speaker 1: Tell me, yeah, okay, you know what, you are younger than you think you are. I remember I've told this story before. I had a girlfriend she was turning twenty five years old and she was crying because she felt so old. That same woman is now well past fifty. So yeah, what are you doing for your big twenty fifth birthday today? Well, my best friend was in town last week, so we did that, and then tonight I'm just sing a little kids together with friends and then go No.
Speaker 2: Frost game tomorrow.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, okay, what song can we play for you, Rachel for your twenty fifth birthday? On the sing along song of the day? What do you want to hear out? You got it? Thank you, Rachel, Happy birthday.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 7: One On k d w B, I am smoking a turkey breast in the hallway and it's getting up of smoky out there.
Speaker 1: Can you smell the smoke?
Speaker 5: No, He's asked me if I could smell smoke, But I was like, why I smell it in here?
Speaker 1: By forgot it is smoking. It was smoking. The smoke was leaking out of the side of the smoker is supposed to be sealed in there. So I threw a shirt over it. You think it's going to catch fire? Probably? Probably? I will keep an eye on that. And uh, because I got a little countertop smoker and a couple of years ago, and I love it, and so I said I'm going to I've done it before. I smoke a turkey press for the morning show, and uh, it's out there smoking. Can't wait, and I hope it does it. Do you think it'll set off any smoke alarm the last time? Yeah?
Speaker 5: They hadn't put a shirt over last year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true. Maybe we should get like a little fan. Do we have any fans around here? Probably we don't have.
Speaker 1: Somebody has lots of fans, Yeah, yeah, he will. Vaughan had a fan under his desk yesterday and then he made her go home. All right, you can't make this stuff up. We know that influencers try to get freebies at exchange for publicity. But there's one instagrammer that has turned that equation on its head. There's one in New York City. They don't she doesn't pay her bill at high end New York restaurants and then post about it. So she'll go into like a really expensive New York seafood, steak, whatever restaurant and then video her eating and then her leaving without paying, and people watch this crap. I hate like that kind of awful Instagram poster. Yeah, there's one guy that was like doing wheelies on a motorcycle in just inside the Walmart entrance.
Speaker 3: What the heck?
Speaker 1: He goes into the Walmart, has his buddy film him, does wheelies and donuts on the floor and then leaves and and and it gets views from a bunch of notheads who think that's funny. And and so the other day he got somebody got mad at him and they came over and they like beat the snot out of him, and and I love that, So that was pretty cool. Anyway. She has been arrested at least six times for theft of service. Herm is racks up a big bill, then says she can't pay it. She'll even try to barter for stuff in her purse. She's due back to court in December. We'll see if that slows her down.
Speaker 6: You know, she's getting like perrosecuted somehow, right, but.
Speaker 1: They're just but that's she thinks. That's funny. That's part of her stick. If she spent a month in the stony, lonesome yeah, that might change her mind and she might get a job. It's the only thing she's qualified for. Barista.
Speaker 6: I feel like being a nuisance isn't as funny as people think it is.
Speaker 5: How you get arrested six times and not like banned at some point.
Speaker 6: Ever, Yeah, they have her face on every single restaurant.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say from that certain premises, but I guess yeah, she's going every which way.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's not just one place. So it is given to the Max Day on KTWDB, so everywhere as matter of fact. So our encouragement for you is for Christmas Wish, because we really need funds for Christmas Wish. We get a bunch from Treasure Island and Holiday station stores and it is tax deductible. But our plan is if we get a bunch of people, including you, to donate the dollar amount of one dollar for every year you've listened to the Dave Ryan Show. That would be that could add up if you've listened to thirty years of it, twenty years of it, ten years of it, if you want to donate a little bit more. But that's a good starting point. How many years have you listened to the.
Speaker 6: Dave Ryan Show since I was five? Thirty thirty years, thirty years.
Speaker 1: So go to KDWB dot com slash wish. You cannot miss the donate button. Tap that donate button and then make a donation with your credit card and you get a receipt. You can print it out, you can take it, you see your tax people, and it is tax deductible. So just so you know, we.
Speaker 3: Make it easier than ever to donate to Christmas Wish.
Speaker 1: And it helps out people. I mean, like thirty dollars can buy you know, I don't know, most of a tank of gas for somebody. Yeah, we give away gas cards for people who need to like make frequent hospital visits, medical visits we can do you know, that'll buy some groceries, that'll buy a toy or two toys or whatever. So it really can we can We're so careful with your money when you donate to Christmas Wish. We are very careful and very frugal, but generous at the same time.
Speaker 6: Yes, we're mindful with how we choose to spend it. And then once it is Christmas Wish season, if you're crying in your car, mascara alert, you can be like, wow, part of this is thanks to me.
Speaker 1: It's true. It's a very good point. So go donate for one dollar for every year you've listened to the show. I would appreciate that you can be more generous. Of course, we'll do Dave's dirt next.
Speaker 6: Whatever happened to Ashley Parker Angel It's Dave start on Katie w B.
Speaker 1: I think that beauty pageants and contestants are admirable, but I think the whole concept is kind of an anachronism that dates back to when we would objectify women and them put on a bikini and say, well, can you sing and dance? And if you do, we're gonna get you a crown. And you look at the judge panel, it's a bunch of fatt ole balls, guys choking, smoking a cigar, and it's like, I think that beauty pageants and tell me if I'm wrong they are an anachronism. Yet I admire the women who are accomplished. Let's say that they want to do this one. But let's talk about Miss Universe. This whole thing is just blown up. And have you heard about this. Yeah, there's a huge scandal of like rigged voting and now one of the judges apparently is sleeping with one of the contestants and they're supposed to do the crowning of the twenty twenty five Miss Universe Friday in Bangkok, Thailand, but three of the eight judges have quit in pro test, and they said it was either rigged or somebody one of the contestants was having an affair with the person responsible for counting the boats. Oh great, how much more scandalous. What a dirty, dirty contest that is. So if I'm wrong and beauty contests are not an anacharism, then let me know. Maybe Yet, maybe I got a wrong viewpoint on the whole thing.
Speaker 6: There's a really sweet video going around of Cynthia Rivo, who is playing Alphabet in Wicked, and she goes back to.
Speaker 3: Her old school's girls choir.
Speaker 4: And had somebody really wonderful teachers who helped and guided. But you start to figure out what you want, and don't be afraid to ask for those things. Don't be afraid of dreaming of those things, and then don't be afraid of the hard way.
Speaker 3: That comes from.
Speaker 6: I know, like, say what you will about Cynthia Rivo. I know you're not crazy for her Dave, but I think it's really cool, like kind of a humble thing to go back to your roots and be like, hey, girls, look where I am.
Speaker 1: Look for come on. I loved to go back to Air Academy high school and be like, look at what you bitches thought wouldnden? You thought I'd never turned into anything, And look at this, I'm on the air with Vonton Bailey.
Speaker 3: Go and do that.
Speaker 1: I would love to see.
Speaker 3: A little video.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So William Shatner shat himself. Oh no, he admitted this happened back in twenty twelve. But he was doing a one man show on Broadway, and he said, all of a sudden, literally Open Night. I just had to go Opening Night. I cracked my pants. So I missus him, he said, I said, all right, there's been a technical difficulty. I'll be right back. But the show must go on. So he left the stage, cleaned himself up, and got on with it. I don't know how long that took.
Speaker 6: All they say on with the show always, you know, the show must go on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you can't do that with your butt all smelling like that.
Speaker 3: Oh you God, cleaned up?
Speaker 1: Did you hear that? He came out with a product that failed miserably. No, it was a line of women's underwear and he put it out and was in stores and it failed miserably. Turned out nobody wanted to buy Shatner panties.
Speaker 3: Ah yet yet yet?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the panties, Shagar panties.
Speaker 5: Do you get it for that news?
Speaker 1: Oh god? Okay, all right, But tonight Thursday night football, Amazon Prime, the Bills traveling to the Houston, Texans. I hope the Bills do well. They lost four Super Bowls in a row back in the nineties, Award, so I would love to see them go all the way. And Kevin Jonas has reportedly repeatedly declined an invite to be on Dancing with the Stars. What THEE says he loves watching the show. It's just not for me, but thank you so much. I'm a huge fan. Come on, Kevin, do you a solid I think it's just probably it's a lot of work, and maybe he's like me and knows he's just not coordinated.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Dua Lipa and Coldplay are among some British artist lobbying for the new law in England that bands reselling concert tickets above their original cost. I know, obviously we're dealing with that kind of stuff here as well, so service charges at sites like stub Hub are going to be capped and it will be illegal for scalpers to resell more to it's then the original purchase limit. So they're getting behind the artists over in England to try and make sure that doesn't how that works.
Speaker 1: That is ridiculous that they can, you know, like put it on the aftermarket and sell it for you know, two thousand and four thousand dollars for tickets. It's just ridiculous.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I don't going to buy that. This is a very odd story Olivia Munn. She admitted that she tried sushi while taking a bath, but the bath water warmed up the sushi and she ended up with food poisoning.
Speaker 1: No, yikes, I.
Speaker 2: Put the sushi next to the bathtub.
Speaker 6: And then I had the bath going, and then I got, you know, busy, and then I came back and I was in the bath and I started eating this yeah from the bath.
Speaker 1: Wow, it is so wild that it just sounds like it was bad sushi. I don't really know whether that's the realistic or not.
Speaker 6: The bathwater cooked your sushi partially. That doesn't make no, it really doesn't think. I think she just had some bad sushi.
Speaker 5: That you We tried to have Jenny try sushi.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was going to give her. I have something. If she eate old sushi for every day that it was left over, she would win more money or something. And so one day old sushi she'd win ten dollars, Two day old sushi she'd win. Twenty three day old sushi, she'd win forty and it would double. And I think she got to about day three she could have won sixty bucks or something, and she said, I do not want to good bit strong bit. Health officials, speaking of which in Arizona's Maricopa County, which is where Phoenix is, warned thousands who went to the Tate mccraig concert this month in Phoenix maybe that they may have been exposed to measles. After the show, one of the concert goers tested positive for the highly contagious virus. Symptoms in the infected might appear as late as next week. The person stayed at a Hilton hotel, which confirmed that staff promptly implemented in hence cleaning and disinfecting. Blah blah blah. I guess our vaccination rates in Minnesota are lower than they should be because a lot of people they don't And we're not going to get into that now because I'm not going to start an argument with those people. But there's a lot of people who don't want to get their kids vaccinated. So there it is, and so measles can be very serious, and it's on the uptick because a lot of people don't want to. If we don't get enough people vaccinated, there's no herd immunity. They'll just like spread around like the common cold.
Speaker 3: Oh great, I can't wait. I don't want to get measles.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 6: Timothy's chalame is a part of kind of like a harmless conspiracy theory. Right now, people are saying that he's launched a rap career in England under the name S D.
Speaker 3: Kid TikTok.
Speaker 6: He's like really popular on TikTok, this potential rapper, I guess from his debut record that released in this summer. He never shows his face in public and on his social media posts he conceals most of his face, so only his eyes are visible and they match Timothy's shallow And.
Speaker 1: We going to find audio of this guy, Yes, you find it, maybe not right now now.
Speaker 6: I want to know because in apparently in high school, Timothy Shalomy wrapped it a talent show under the name Timmy tim keV, which was hilarious. And then as an actor, he's tried various accents, so people are assuming like, oh, he's he can easily fake.
Speaker 3: A British accent. That's like not even that hard.
Speaker 6: Sure, so he's wrapped in talent shows he can fake a British accent. He must be this guy on TikTok, which is a harmless conspiracy theory that I'd love to get behind.
Speaker 1: That is the dirt brought you by six to one two Injured Heimer and Lammers Injury Law. If you donate to Christmas Wish, send me a text so I can give you a little shout out. Maybe you're going to donate and you like, you know, hey, just give your family a shout out, you and your kids a shout out if you donate on Give to the Max Day. Our suggestion is that for every year you've listened to the show, donate a dollar. If you listen for a year, you know what, we'll take a dollar, but maybe you can probably be a little bit more generous to that. But if you've listened for twenty five years, donate twenty five dollars. Yeah, it'll all add up and we'll have a total for you tomorrow. So go to katiwb dot com slash wish and we posted the link.
Speaker 5: If that's just too hard to remember sometimes our Instagram, just go to our story at Dave Ryan Show. There's a link right there for you.
Speaker 1: You can donate right there on the link on Instagram, and then send me a text after you donate. So it'll hearten me and make me know that people are donating, because right now I wouldn't know, but it'll hearten us to let us know that you're donating, and we'll give you a little shout out. So what you donate, send me a text to KDWB one five three nine two one. War of the Roses starts in about another thirty five minutes. We'll be right back