Speaker 1: Well, let you broadcasting across the LA Todgers audio network on the iHeartRadio like left leveled for another set?
Speaker 2: Who could do it lightly?
Speaker 3: Damn another yay.
Speaker 1: Like the best player we've ever seen. Welcome into a playoff edition of Marongo Casino Todgers on Deck.
Speaker 2: It's a whole new season. Now your pregame.
Speaker 1: Look at the world champion l A Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Oh that'll show road still goes through LA.
Speaker 5: This is not a slbition, my hotemisimposition.
Speaker 2: If you want to come.
Speaker 1: Now your host walking you up the first pitch, Golden, my god, it's Tim Cake.
Speaker 4: Hi everybody, and welcome in to this playoff edition Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. As your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers have advanced to the National League Divisional Series. As today, they arret a five game series against the Philadelphia Phillies. Show Hey, o Tani on the mound in this series opener, first pitch from Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia is coming up at three point thirty eight. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here. I'm a Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. You are gonna hear from Mookie Betts. That's coming up in forty five minutes. We'll dive deeper into this game one pitching matchup. You'll hear from Dodger manager Dave Roberts in his pregame thoughts. We got your Dodgers magical moment coming up in thirty minutes. Shortly, Kirsten Watson from Sports Net LA, we'll stop by.
Speaker 6: You can see her pre and postgame on TV. In just a few.
Speaker 4: Minutes, we'll head out to the Kalpin Motors broadcast booths in here from Steven Nelson and a Rick Monday. Well, the Dodgers advanced to the DS after a two game sweep of the Cincinnati Reds in the Wildcard round. The Dodgers wrap things up on Wednesday night, and what a pitching performance they got from Yoshinobu Yamamoto pitched into the seventh inning, allowed two runs on four hits while striking out nine along the way.
Speaker 6: He was absolutely dealing.
Speaker 4: It wasn't his fault with two out to drop fly ball in right field in the first allowed two runs to score, and just like that, the Reds led two to nothing. However, the Dodgers offense a little slow to get going but the second time through they got it going and Mookie Betts an RBI single in the bottom of the third made it a two to one game. In the fourth, key K Hernandez Mister october tied the score at two with an RBI double. Then Miguel Rojas the blop single down the right field line. Hey it was fair, Dodgers will take it. Key K scored and the Dodgers took a three to two lead. It remained that way on Wednesday until this sixth when show hay Otani got the offense going again.
Speaker 1: The two to two pitch.
Speaker 7: Ground bolt base hit right field.
Speaker 3: Well Tony pumps his fists as he runs up the line. Keith k comes in from third, brought Bitt goes from first to.
Speaker 7: Third, four to two Dodgers.
Speaker 4: As old Tony comes through, show Hey o'tani delivered, scoring Keyk Dodgers up four to two.
Speaker 6: They weren't done.
Speaker 4: Mookie Betts and RBI double down the left field lineman at a five to two Dodgers lead. Then te Oscar Hernandez a two run double dissenter that gave the Dodgers a seven to lead as they scored four runs in the bottom half. Of the sixth inning, and they weren't done. In the seventh, Mookie Betts delivered again.
Speaker 7: Count still full. The next pitch from Sun Tian will be the.
Speaker 1: Ninth to Mookie line.
Speaker 3: Fair ball down the left field line.
Speaker 6: Have a night, Mookie Betts.
Speaker 3: Bro haskinna troddend in score Old Tony held up at third. Mookie Bets four for five with three doubles.
Speaker 4: Have yourself and night, Mookie Betts. And that is a top tier player. The game brought to you by Arco quality, top tier gas for less. Mookie Betts is RBI double in the seventh gave the Dodgers an eight to lead.
Speaker 6: They go on and win it by a final score of eight to four.
Speaker 4: Mookie Betts four for five, three doubles, three RBI.
Speaker 6: You heard the show.
Speaker 4: Aotani RBI single, tey Oscar Hernandez drove into Key K droven and run. You heard the Miguel Rojas RBI double. Dodgers scored eight runs on thirteen hits as they finish off the sweep of the Cincinnati Reds, a two game Wildcard Series sweep. Dodgers a few days off and now they're in Philadelphia, PA for the start of a five game divisional series show, Hey Otani on the mound in this series opener, First Bitch from Citizens Bank Park is coming up at three thirty eight and with more we head out to the Galpin Motors broadcast booth as we welcome in.
Speaker 6: Steven Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 8: Guys, sim Kates, we are joining you from the Bank Citizens Bank Ballpark, Philadelphia, PA, the city of brotherly love and the sight of games one and two of the National League Division Series. And you have teams number one and two in most people's mind in the National League. And that is with respect to the Milwaukee Brewers, who got out to a great start in their series against Chicago. But the Phillies and the Dodgers, probably the two most talented rosters in this league, only five games to decide who moves on to the LCS.
Speaker 9: I look, I don't think anybody had to set their alarm clock this morning to wake up because there's a lot of electricity in this city, There's no question about it. They had thirty one thousand that came in the other day just to watch his scrimmage by the Phillies. The Dodgers equal in interest. Also going on I really look at this series, Steven as if both teams play well, and both teams play it for the capabilities, this is going to be a series that's going to be remembered in baseball because these are two very good.
Speaker 8: Teams and you have two top offenses, two terrific starting pitching staffs, and two kind of shaky bullpens. And so tonight it'll be Christopher Sanchez, a talented left four Philadelphia, and then shohe Otani making his postseason pitching debut. One hundred career starts in the regular season, but the October stage is different, and shohe admitted yesterday that there's probably gonna be some nerves, which is rare for him. For her last postseason, his debut for the Dodgers, he was at are you nervous and he goes no, So Ty's gonna be a little different.
Speaker 9: He's a difficult guy to read. We've been trying to read him all year long. Yeah, he's tough. And I say that because I was on the bus with him coming to the ballpark today.
Speaker 2: He was as.
Speaker 9: Calm and cool and collective on the exterior. Don't know if it's a hurricane going on inside. But he was just that way. Let me give you a quote that I saw today that I think really sums it up. Bill Bunk of the Orange County Register, who travels with the ball club and that reports on them. Here was his quote in talking about Otani and pitching today. It's time for Superman to put on his cape.
Speaker 8: And there has there's rarely been a moment that shohe Oldtani has not meant in his career. He faced the Phillies just a few weeks ago September sixteenth, the Dodgers Stadium. He dealt five no hit innings against them. What kind of adjustments are made for both sides tonight? We will find out in a matter of ours. We're gonna find out Rick Monday's keys in our next visit. Until then, TC back to you.
Speaker 4: All right, thanks, Hot and Elly, as we count you down the first pitch, Dodger fans, get your game day meal on.
Speaker 6: It's Shakey's Pizza Parlor. You can order it right.
Speaker 4: Now, little Shaky Pizza Chicken Mojo's do it all is Shakys dot com. We're off and running here on Marongco Casino. Dodgers on deck coming up. You are gonna hear from Dodger manager Dave Roberts. We'll check in with Dodger insider Tavid Vast throughout the show. He'll go one on one with Mookie Betts. We'll break it down this pitching matchup. But up next, we'll visit with sports and at LA's Keirston Watson as we lead you up to Game one of the National League Divisional Series Dodgers and the Phillies Show. Hey O Tani on the mound, first pitch coming up at three thirty eight. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim kas Is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is wrong O Casino, Dodgers Hunters on game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Leading up to Dodgers in Phillies Game one of the National League Divisional Series show, Hey O Tani, Christopher Sanchez. The pitching matchup. First pitch from Philadelphia coming up at three thirty eight.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 6: Hey Kirson.
Speaker 4: Now, Joins is brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate that little car? Call eight seven to seven Cars for Kids right now. Friendly agents standing by to take your donation. That's cars with the K to donate your car. Today here we are game one of the NLDS and show hey o Tani kirston making his postseason pitching debut.
Speaker 10: You know, last year we got to see him just have his postseason debut in general. Of course as a DH as he wasn't he's still coming back from having surgery on his elbow. This year, he's already been on a tear to start the wild Card. You know, now he comes into this series, he's going to be the star in this game. It's his first, as you mentioned, his first pitching game in the postseason. And so when you have this moment, of course there's a lot of excitement from everyone around just the fact that he's going to be starting this game leading off offensively. So even with talking to Dave Roberts, he was saying, you know, you kind of have a moment where you take a step back and have this realization of what's actually happening and how special this is. Of course you maintain you know, Shohey is a huge competitor and I love actually what Andrew Friedman at this afternoon he was saying, there's something about how this all has played out. How last year he had his first experience in the postseason. Yes he was as the DH, but he was able to kind of experience that ultimately winning the World Series. Having that, now you come in year two, you understand what the stakes are in the postseason. You understand the adrenaline rush, the luck, and the focus, and now you get to do it as a pitcher in year two, so you know when it comes to show. Hey, he talked last night about their might be an uptick in velocity. That's obviously a thing that we see amongst pictures, especially on the big stage come October, and so he said that might be a thing. His focus is that, yes, he's probably gonna have a few nerves and he's on the mound, but just to make sure he's honing in on his command and his control, trying to control the emotions that he can. But he's excited, you know, he wants to be He lives for these moments and everyone has said he kind of made a turn in September. He started to lock in. Obviously down the mound. The numbers have been excellent, posting a zero era for the month. So for him to come into this one and he feels great, and the hope is that he can set the tone in this series, and if they can find a way to take Game one, I think that would be huge for what they're looking to do in this NLDS.
Speaker 4: Looking at the roster for this NLDS, couple of changes to the pitching staff.
Speaker 10: Yeah, a couple of changes in the bullpen. So we knew that Clayton Kershar was going to be a part of the NLDS roster in some capacity. They confirmed of course, with him being on the roster, he's going to be a part of the bullpen, so of course that's going to be a key arm for this group. Then you've got Anthony Bonda back on the roster. Dave Roberts also talks about him and just how valuable when you look at the Phillies lineup, you know, having a good amount of lefties in the bullpen and how they can attack them, that's going to be huge. So you add those two back in, so there's no Justin Brobleski, no Edgardo Henriquez. Dave did say that Justin one was a tough conversation just because obviously Justin has been so good out of the bullpen and consistent out of the bullpen, and of course when you have someone like Clayton Kersha understanding what the usage is going to look like. The good news is in this series, the off days are going to benefit the group. They're only carrying eleven pictures. Then you add, of course Shohatani to make it technically twelve. But by only carrying eleven pictures fifteen position players, they're in a good spot because of course it's game one off day, Game two off day, then three and four would be back to back if they force a game five, who would come after an off day. So they feel like they have really good coverage in this game tonight. If they decide to pull this string, they will have Tyler Glass now available of the bullpen, but he's expected to start Game four as well. So they've got, you know, a good collective of how they can kind of bring this together and string the bullpen together. So we'll see, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 4: We'll find out here shortly, Kirsten, we appreciate it. We'll check in with you after the game. Still they come here, I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We'll dive deeper into this Game one pitching matchup, David Vase goes one on one with Mookie Betts.
Speaker 6: But up next we'll hear from the manager.
Speaker 4: Himself, Dave Roberts, to get his pregame thoughts, leading you up to Game one of the National League Divisional Series Dodgers and the Phillies, first pitch of three thirty eight. I'm Tim kas Is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 4: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continuus as we lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and the Phillies, Marongo Casino Resort and Spy Grand Slam four Good Times. Game one of the National League Divisionals are show Hey, O, Tony Christopher Sanchez. The pitching matchup, first pitch coming up.
Speaker 2: Questions for Dave, Dave? Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 11: In the dugouts with Dave Robberts, Yeah, I think you know, as he takes the mound for the bottom half, I'm going to take a moment just to appreciate, you know, him doing something really unprecedented. He's done a tremendous deal for our ball club on a micro level, obviously with the talent, the two way player, but you know, much more broad for baseball. You know, he's just a player that people have to.
Speaker 2: See, want to go see.
Speaker 11: So it's just been so uh, you know, a huge benefit to our game, which is great.
Speaker 10: This will be a first experience for him. He talked yesterday about there might be some nerves, an uptake in velocity. Do you think just last year as a DH in the postseason and even and if you look at the wild card that as a position player can prepare him as a starter in this game.
Speaker 2: I think, you.
Speaker 11: Know, I just believe that his whole life has been about preparing him for big moments, and he never gets out of himself, never lets the emotions or the moment get too big. Seems like he's always under control. He's obviously got a very precise routine.
Speaker 2: So I expect him to perform.
Speaker 11: Well in the box, on the mound and just control those emotions. But you know, having him get through the sixth inning in Arizona, so as far as kind of usage, I feel good where he's at.
Speaker 6: You a Fabian here in the second row.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Dave is Will Smith and as to start this series, and how close is he to that point where you feel comfortable catching him for nine innings?
Speaker 2: He's close, you know.
Speaker 11: With with Will, we just haven't had the chance to do the build up as far as the rehab, the catching five innings, the sixth innies, sevens, let alone the nine innings, and he hasn't caught in you know, four weeks.
Speaker 2: So you know, yeah, I mean you're gonna have to.
Speaker 11: I'm trying to find a jumping off point that would kind of play the middle the slice. So there's a chance that he can come into tonight's game and kind of you know, get his feet wet a little bit.
Speaker 2: So, but yeah, he's.
Speaker 11: Close, baby, and I just don't know when, but he's he's very close.
Speaker 5: Yes, And obviously you kind of said that Krishaw's gonna have the roster went into some of the other decisions, putting Bonda on, taking Ribleski and Henriquez off.
Speaker 11: Well, you know, with Enriquez it was a little bit easier in the sense of the way they construct their their lineup. It's it's heavy left. You got Glass in the pen, for this game, we got some other right handers.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of left handed lanes.
Speaker 11: I think with Robo was really difficult because he's performed so well, and I can't really justify it, to be honest with you, I think that we just wanted Clayton. Clayton's earned the opportunity to be on this roster. I'm going to use them accordingly. And then also with Bonda, just kind of his skill set is to really take down left hand hitters so specifically, so that was kind of the thought on both those guys.
Speaker 4: All right, there's the manager, Dave Roberts, giving an updates on Otani, Will Smith not in the lineup today and what the decision making process was for swapping out two guys in the pitching staff and bringing in Banda and Clayton Kershaw. When we continue here, I'm wrong because you know Dodgers on deck. We all check in with the David Vass saying gets you all the latest as we leave you up to first pitch game one of the n l DS Dodgers and Phillies from Philadelphia. I'm Tim Kats's World champion at Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Dodgers and Phillies, Game one of the National League Divisional Series. Show, Hey O Tany on the mound, first pitch coming up at three thirty.
Speaker 1: Eight, joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 12: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 13: All right, DV.
Speaker 4: As we get closer to the first pitch, what's it like is Citizens Bank Park?
Speaker 12: Well, the fans are starting to fill up here. I was on the concourse about a half hour ago and there is long lines for the food, the drinks. They are getting all their stuff ready to go before they take their positions in their spots. I did spot a couple of Dodger fans, but this is Philly all the way and around the city. Tim a lot of Philly fans wearing Phillies hats, Philly's T shirts. So it is going to be electric tonight for Game one of the NLDS in this stadium.
Speaker 6: David will Smith on the roster.
Speaker 4: We've been hearing that he's good to go. What's the latest because he's not starting.
Speaker 12: Today, Yes, but there's a very good chance you could see him come into the game not only as a pin hitter, but possibly even stay in the game and catch once he does take that pinchit. Will Smith was in the interview room earlier today and we try to get more into where he's at with that right hand.
Speaker 14: You know, it's definitely still the rehabit on the hand, but definitely you know, making sure the shoulder's not getting banged up, the hips, the legs, all that. Just kind of getting my feetback under me. So yeah, we're just trying to be smart about it. You know, it's it's a long month, but also you know there's some urgency to win now obviously, so just trying to kind of weigh both of those and go from there. I mean, I feel like I could go nine innings right now and be and be good.
Speaker 12: Well, he may not go nine innings tonight, but there's a very good chance he may go nine innings in Game.
Speaker 15: Two of this series.
Speaker 12: Because he went out to the bullpen earlier this afternoon to catch Blake Snell, the Game two starter.
Speaker 15: He was in full gear.
Speaker 12: Blake told me that Will was throwing the baseball back to him.
Speaker 15: He looked good. He's ready to go.
Speaker 12: So there's a very good chance it's the battery of Blake Snell and Will Smith in Game two of the NLDS.
Speaker 4: The David is brought to you by Ford. It's time to see Ford in a new light, all right, show Hill Tani gets to start. What's the possible plan after him?
Speaker 6: David Well.
Speaker 12: Dave Roberts was very candid yesterday at the workout when he told us that Tyler glass Now will be available out of the bullpen.
Speaker 15: The Dodgers are slated.
Speaker 12: To have glass Now start Game four if there is one, back at Dodgers Stadium next week. So it's been a while since Tyler glass Now pitched in a game. We're going back to Game two of the final regular season series in Seattle where he went three innings and threw thirty six pitches. So he is very much in play tonight after Otani comes out of the game.
Speaker 4: Dave, real quick the ken to winning this series? Where does that lot do you think with the Dodgers?
Speaker 12: It's the bullpen? How are you going to get the final six outs of the game? And I did my little experiment today, asked a handful of different Dodger people three. If you need three outs in a two run game, who you going to? And it seems to be the consensus. Roki Sasaki.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll see if we see him in a situation late in this game. David, great stuff DV. He'll be back in about fifteen minutes. It is one on one conversation with Mookie Betts coming up here on Morongo Casino.
Speaker 6: Dodgers on deck though. Next we'll get you a Dodgers Magical moment.
Speaker 4: Don't go anywhere as we walk you up to first pitch from Philadelphia, PA Dodgers Phillies Game one of the National League Divisional Series of Tim Kass World Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo, you know, Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and the Phillies, Game one of the Nationally Divisional Series from Citizens Bank Park.
Speaker 1: Show.
Speaker 4: Hey O Tani, Christopher Sanchez. The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at three thirty eight.
Speaker 15: Dogs without a hot dog, who wants a hot cut?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfe Magical Moment. Bitch Magical Magical presented by Hawfey Hot Dogs.
Speaker 4: We go back to the nineteen seventy eight National League Championship Series Dodgers in the Phillies Game four, Dodger Stadium on October seventh, nineteen seventy eight. The Dodgers, in ten innings would walk off the fighting Phills all right, one on, Oh to Russell.
Speaker 15: Here's the look, check them the runner and the pitch on the way.
Speaker 16: Lion time pass cutter pay l Here comes trail round hurt, hurry for.
Speaker 4: Home the bull.
Speaker 16: The Dockers heard the cutter up come ruf finger the former, but Dodgers went on Russell's lion rush single to centerfield.
Speaker 6: Ah, the great Jerry dogget with the call.
Speaker 4: Bill Russell's walk off single in the tenth inning wins it for the Dodgers four to three over the Phillies. As the Dodgers would advance to the World Series for the second year in a row. Steve Garvey was named the NLCS MVP. This Hofey magical moment brought to by Hofey hot Dogs, Haffey Socow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years, Hafey hot Dogs local and so great. Well, we continue here on Dodgers on deck. Well here from Charlie Steiner. Yes, that's next. As we leads up to first pitch, Dodgers and Phillies. It's Game one on the NLDS from Philadelphia. I'm Tim Kasi is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck. Wo on your home for the Blue All Season Law Law.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and the Phillies, Game one of the National League Divisional Series.
Speaker 6: Show.
Speaker 4: Hey Otani on the mountain. Time now for the Parrizon startup as we are thirty two minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in your low price for three years so you can say big visit the Hoarizon store today. It's my honor now to.
Speaker 6: Bring in Charlie Stunner.
Speaker 17: All right, Tim, and away we go the first of five, the Dodgers and the Phillies. And of course it's Otani going for the Dodgers tonight. And they have managed him mo perfectly throughout the year. Fourteen starts. Any first couple of starts an inning or two, next couple of starts two or three innings, and down the stretch more and more in tonight.
Speaker 15: He's got no leash whatsoever.
Speaker 17: He is ready to go. The Dodgers are ready to go. And this is exactly how they planned it out.
Speaker 9: Again building blocks, said Charlie along the way with the show, Hey, Otani knew exactly what he was doing. That the Dodgers, in consultation with him, the entire way to figure out, Okay, how do we get to from point A to point B. Well, as Dave Roberts is saying, when they clinched the Western Division, it says, hey, look guys, this is step one. There's five steps that have to take place in order for the Dodgers to repeat on World Championship. That's exactly the approach that they had with Otani. It's going to be interesting to see because I'm in agreement with you. You and I have talked about this before. Is that we have two ball clubs in this series for the National League Division Series that maybe the best two teams if not in the National League in baseball, and if both teams play well, this is going to be one heck of a series.
Speaker 17: You know, Otani, They've done everything but he could possibly want. He came over to the States, they wanted to hit, he wanted to run, he wanted to pitch. And you know you hear that from various players along the way, but literally, I hate the phrase. He checked every box and he was great in every facet. We've never seen anything quite like that before.
Speaker 1: No, not at all.
Speaker 9: And just a few minutes ago, the Dodgers president of baseball Operations Andrew Freeman was asked about show hey Otani, and here's the exact quote from Friedman, and I think we can all be in agreement now having watched him up close and personal, not from afar, but seeing him every day, on how he gets ready physically and mentally. Andrew Friedman said about Otani and I quote, nothing he does surprises me, and yet everything that he does surprises me. And this Dodger ball club has watched him from day one in the off season. I mean, I was getting calls in Florida at home during the off season about how this guy has really channeled in on how he wants to prepare, how he wants to be good, not just be good, but be the best. And he has been both sides as a hitter and now as a pitcher. And this is the big stage because finally show hey, Otani is pitching in postseason play for the first time in his career, and no.
Speaker 17: Pitch count, no nothing, go out and give us your best stuff.
Speaker 9: Yeah, exactly. And by the way, it's the first time that anyone in baseball history has pitched at least one inning and postseason play and also been a hitter exclusively just as a hitter and not as a pitcher, that being a starting pitcher. So we're seeing kind of history here and is inappropriate. The game one of the series is on the anniversary of the Brooklyn Dodgers winning their lone World Series in nineteen fifty five, so celebration organizational on this date back in nineteen fifty five. The Dodgers hopefully get off the right foot tonight Game one of this Division.
Speaker 17: Series Johnny Podres two to nothing at the Yankee Stadium. And I was six years old, so you don't have to check your calendar, but I do remember when the Dodgers clinched actually won the World Series again. At the age of six, I'm seeing grown ups in my neighborhood crying, crying for And when you're six years old and you see a parent cry, how could it be that they're happy, But that was one day as a kid I will always remember.
Speaker 9: In fact, I have a wonderful photo. I am going to send it to you. It's the teen photo, and the headlines in the daily news the following day said, and I quote in large print, this is next year.
Speaker 17: Of course, the Dodgers, who always fell a game short with against the Yankees is wait till next year. Not so much anymore.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 17: Now you've got the Dodgers and Phillies, who of course have a rivalry. We go back to two thousand and eight and nine when the Phillies beat the Dodgers both times, two terrific starters. It's game one coming up in a moment, Tim.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you, Charlie. Great to hear your voice. Still to come here, I'm wronggo casino, Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 6: As we leave that the.
Speaker 4: First pitch, we'll get you a preview this pitching matchup. Steve and Rick will get you the keys to the game. But up next we go high and tight with Mookie by Dodgers Phillies Game one of the NLDS. First pitch at three thirty eight, I'm Tim Kase's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on, the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Dodgers and Phillies Game one of the Nationally Divisional Series from Philadelphia show Hey Otani on the mound. Join Angel CITYFC all of October at BEMO as they host their final three home games on the regular season tickets at info at Angelcity dot com. Plus plan ahead for the twenty twenty six season with season tickets with Angel CITYFC, which are also now on sale. You can find it all at angelcity dot com.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 6: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 15: All right. We are in Philly for Game one of the NLDS.
Speaker 12: Mookie Betts already loose after I got him in the right frame of mind my goofiness and skinny fat humor.
Speaker 15: Mookie, thanks a lot for the time, appreciating of course.
Speaker 2: Brother, always always gonna come talk to you.
Speaker 12: I feel like the Dodgers are being overlooked to a certain extent. I mean, you guys have been playing well now for three weeks. Do you feel like you're playing your best baseball as a group at the right time.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 13: I don't think any of us you are even really paying attention to it. I think for the most part, we're just being present in the moment, taking one pitch at a time, and just doing what we can to help to help the team win. I mean, we all love each other, we know what it takes to win, and we know that now is the time where we really got to come together.
Speaker 15: How fun is this for you?
Speaker 12: It feels like we've been waiting for this matchup between the Dodgers and Phillies for the last three years. It's finally here. You've played in East Coast environments before. It should be fun tonight.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, it's gonna be a lot of fun. It's you know, this is kind of what you dream of, you know, when you're a kid and you know you're making up the game, the game winner, in the in the in the backyard. You know, we're fortunate, we're blessed to be able to kind of live out live out our dreams, and so being playing in a rough environment, you know it's gonna be We know it's gonna be tough, they're gonna be good, the fans are gonna bring it. But that's what that's what makes it beautiful.
Speaker 15: Experience.
Speaker 12: You always hear that, whether it's the NBA playoffs, major League Baseball postseason. How much do you believe what you guys went through last year has helped you to get through this season?
Speaker 13: I think, you know, anytime, anytime you have experience, that's always gonna be a positive thing, especially if you know how to use it.
Speaker 7: And I feel like with Doc and with the guys.
Speaker 13: Here, we all went through it together, and you know, we had had a positive experience in in the postseason, and so we can use those positive those positive things to kind of bind it together, especially this year going this year. I mean, we we hadn't really played well at all this year, so it's like we really really there's nothing that can really phase us at this point.
Speaker 6: I mean there's not.
Speaker 13: Nothing we haven't been through already, and we know that from experience how to get how to get out of it.
Speaker 12: MOOKI your first spring training with the Dodgers, I remember we talked a lot about Kobe, the Mamba mentality, your connection to him at that point in time, and He always talked about the journey.
Speaker 15: It's not the destination, but the journey.
Speaker 12: Have you started to understand that more than ever this season, that your journey is going to be even sweeter when you get to that destination.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean, I think that's exactly what it is. You just take the things that you learn along the way, and that's the beauty of it. It's like, you know, when you get to the end goal, it's kind of kind of sucks because it's over, right, because you kind of really really enjoy You gotta really really learn how to love going through the days of the dog days, the good days, the in between days. You have to learn how to make the in between days positive in some way formal fashion. You got to learn from just everything. And so I think when you get into that mindset and you just want of learning over you know, every day pretty much. I mean, you go through the journey and once you get to the destination, it's all but it's like, oh, you didn't even realize you were there.
Speaker 6: You know, you're just kind of lost in the journey.
Speaker 12: I remember also being with you at a point in time in the season where it felt like you hit rock bottom in Tampa. But luckily America's DH was there, and also you told me about you know, your wife Brianna, how much she helped you at that point in time, and it seemed like all of that came together at the right time for you.
Speaker 13: Yeah I did it, did I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 13: I really did hit like an all time low for myself and I just didn't really know where to go.
Speaker 6: And having them to help me through it was huge.
Speaker 13: But it also took some of me, you know, some of me personally, just kind of changing my mindset, changing but really changing what was important to me.
Speaker 6: I think that was the thing.
Speaker 13: And winning, I know that was important to me, and being here and showing up every day for the boys is very important to me. And so if I can do those things, you know, the rest of it was just gonna be what it was, you know, But showing up and things that really were important to me, achieving those that definitely helped me through this year.
Speaker 12: The thing for me that I love the most is obviously your success. But it feels like you're getting a little bit more hangtime these days when you round second base and salute your teammates. So I'm looking forward to that in Philly for you to get that Jordan Kobe type of hangtime, because the happier you are, the higher you go.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well try and get this one.
Speaker 2: That'll be fun.
Speaker 6: We'll see how shakes out.
Speaker 12: Thanks a lot for the time, Mookie. Always great to see you smile and can't wait to see you on stage one day with that guitar. Thanks Mass There he goes the great Mookie Bets. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 6: All right, Thanks a lot, DV. Great to hear Mookie Bets. Very candid.
Speaker 4: Getting ready for this nld S Todgers Baseball. You by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day at Shankis dot Com. Lead you up to first pitch game one of the NLDS Dodgers and Phillies. Up next, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 6: Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 4: I'm Tim Kats's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for La Dodgers Faceball.
Speaker 4: He's the Dodgers and the Phillies Game one of the Nationally Divisional Series from Citizens Bank Park.
Speaker 6: First pitch coming up at three thirty eight, and.
Speaker 1: Now before the Dodgers hit the dineck.
Speaker 4: We look at the pitching matchup forresentibout your Southern California Toyota dealers work hard and playharted a new Tacoma with an I Force turbo charts engine. It's a truck built for the bowl. To your Toyota dealer today, they make it easy. Christopher Sanchez on the mound for the Phillies, twenty eight year old left hander in his fifth se now in the big leagues since twenty twenty four, he has started thirty three games as Citizens Big Park regular season and postseason, a full season swort of starts. Really, he is thirteen and three with a two to twelve RORA. He made thirty two starts during the regular season this year. This is his fifth career start against the Dodgers. He's two to zero with a four to one ERA and twenty two strikeouts two seasons. Are two starts this season, no wins, no losses. The Dodgers saw him September sixteenth, seven innings, four runs, seven hits, six strikeouts. That was a no decision at Dodger Stadium. Show Hey O tany on the mound. Thirty one year old right hander finished the regular season with the one to one record, two eighty seven ERA, sixty two strikeouts. He had fourteen starts a total of forty seven innings pitched. Last start was against the Diamondbacks on the twenty thirty September six shutout innings, five hits, eight strikeouts in a nine walk or three walks. Three starts in September, no wins, no losses. But how about this fourteen and two third shutout innings, eighteen strikeouts a zero ERA for Showyotani. Second time facing the Phillies this season, he saw them on September sixteenth, get Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 6: He fired five no hit innings.
Speaker 4: Allowed just one walk, and struck out five against the Phillies Game one of the National League Divisional Series. We're getting closer, fifteen minutes away for first pitch keys to the game. Our next I'm Tim Kas' the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tech on your home for the Blue All season long.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Phillies.
Speaker 4: Game one of the National League Divisional Series show Hel Tani Christopher Sanchez to pitching matchup. Game two is not until Monday, first pitch coming up at three thirty eight. Before that, though, let's head back out to the booth one final time before first pitch.
Speaker 6: Stephen Nelson Rick, Monday.
Speaker 8: Guys, DC, we are rapidly approaching first pitch here in Philly. S Christopher Sanchez will face old time Betts and Taoscar Hernandez, the Dodgers facing their first of three straight left handed starting pitchers in this series, and then of course throughout sho Hey Oltani for his first career postseason starts. So, Mole, what say you in terms of a key or a couple of keys?
Speaker 9: Well, I think for sho Hey Otani just be yourself. He's easy to say. I mean very low numbers that he had anyway, forty seven innings that he pits, had sixty two strikeouts in that period of time. Dave Roberts, I think, really put it in perspective from an offensive standpoint. Talking about the Phillies. He goes, look, they are going to be and are aggressive early in at bats, and for Otani, he likes to get ahead in the count. It's a wonderful concept for a starting pitcher to do it. There's a lot of firepower for the Phillies on the flip side for the Dodgers, they have seen Sanchez before, and I think the last time we saw him, Sanchez gave up four runs on seven hits. A couple of home runs also hit in that ballgame. But I think the Dodgers don't be thinking a long bowl. Use left center, use right center, and don't just anticipate just fast balls from Sanchez. He has a good one, but that changeup can be devastating if you're looking for the heater.
Speaker 7: Here's and he's especially tough in this park mode.
Speaker 8: He has not lost inside this ballpark since July thirty first, twenty twenty four. So last July thirty first is the last time any team beat Christopher Sanchez here at the Bank. The Dodgers gonna try and snap that streak here tonight. Now, it should be noted that he's given up twelve home runs this year for them hit by Dodgers. He has four outings this season where he's given up at least four earned runs, half of those against the Dodgers again.
Speaker 7: This is all just past history and numbers on paper. How much does it matter?
Speaker 1: Mo?
Speaker 9: You tell me, well, you feed all the numbers into the computer, it spits out. Play the game, the game, and that's what we're going to be seeing.
Speaker 8: And we cannot wait for We're gonna get going shortly. Sanchez against Otani. Tim Kates, you set the stage.
Speaker 6: All right, Thank you, guys. Don't forget after this game is over.
Speaker 4: David vast States got you covered with all the postgame festivities. Show Hey Otani makes his postseason pitching debut. He is ready to go, warming up his Citizens Bank parked, so his Christopher Sanchez. The crowd is filing in. It's gonna be a sellout crowd in Philadelphia. The Bank is what they call it. It's gonna be loud. They're proud, and the Dodgers are waiting to take Game one. First pitch is next. Show Hey Otani at the plate leading off for the visiting Dodgers. It's Game one of the twenty twenty five nationally divisional series from Philadelphia. Next enjoyed, everybody. I'm Tim Kats and this has been Moroco Casino. Dodgers on deck on the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network