Speaker 1: We wanted an update on Jenny's mother, because Jenny's mother we're talking about dating and boyfriends and exclusivity and all that stuff. A minute ago, so people texted in and said, Hey, what's the update on Jenny's mom who had been single for years but then had been seeing some boy that she had met.
Speaker 2: She had been so there's been a lot of like personal stuff going on in his life with family that he's kind of like health issues and stuff that he's helping take care of. I think like his grandma's really sick or something, and maybe something with his sister. I can't remember, but they have not hung out in a while. And of course no may being like a very protective human of anyone I care about. Really in general, I am starting to not like him because I'm like, you can't find like one day.
Speaker 1: The ghosted your mother.
Speaker 2: He hasn't ghosted. They still talk, but my mom and I have had My mom and I have had a lot of conversations. She's been listening to a lot of Mel Robins, And I know some people don't really believe in Mel Robbins because she doesn't really actually have like the academics to back up like her psychology. But she's been listening to a lot of mel Robins, and I think that's been putting her at ease with things with him. But also it's like, you know, if things happen, they happen.
Speaker 1: If they don't, what's the mal robins let them or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they let them theory, which a lot of people have different opinions about. I would say that I'm like half and half with that theory. And but also there's the fact that she kind of stole that theory, so there's that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they still talk, they still text and everything, but you know, it's the whole if they wanted to, they will, They would anything with this. So that's where I'm like, no, I'm getting into protective daughter mode where I'm like, what's his problem? You know you've got You're like.
Speaker 1: This isn't like you just like a parent would be like, I don't like that boy you're seeing.
Speaker 3: No, my mom's usually.
Speaker 2: Like a give them ten chances kind of personal Yeah, she's like, oh, but they're nice, and I'm just like yeah, but they haven't texted me back for five days. So with my mom, I'm like, Mom, you better hold them accountable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. All right, let's get into Christmas Wish on KATIEWB Live as it happens when three Katie the Dave Ryan in the Morning shows Christmas Wish. We've got our wish. You're here in the studio. Hello, Andrea, Hi, Dave, Hey, thanks for being on the show. We appreciate it. You listen to KBDB for a while? I do since you were a little kid, yes, growing up listening to War of the Roses on the school bus absolutely inappropriate? In appropriate? And you've heard Christmas Wish for many years, Andrea, Yes, I have. Yeah, and you probably never thought that you would be here doing a Christmas wish. No, no. Today is match day, by the way, So if you want to help donate with some Christmas wishes, Treasure Island will match your donation. Who do you bring with you? Who's your sidekick over here?
Speaker 3: This is my husband Dan?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 5: Dan?
Speaker 1: How are you? Dan's got the vikings hat on? Sorry about the season this year, but you know, okay, So we are going to call somebody that you know. How do you know this person?
Speaker 6: This is one of my best friend Corin and I met her because my husband Dan and her husband Brad had been best friends for many years. They worked together, so after we met, we really became inseparable. We've been in each other's weddings, We've taken vacations.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're really more than friends. Their family well.
Speaker 1: And then something awful has happened with Karen and we'll get to that in just a second. And that's what Christmas wish is all about, is to help out Krin and her family. Let's check in with our Santa's little helper, Brandon from College Muscle Movers. Brandon, are you standing by and ready to go to deliver the wish? I am indeed, okay, Brandon. What part of town are you in this morning?
Speaker 7: Brandon, I'm a Saint Louis Park.
Speaker 1: Saint Louis Park. Oh are you just down the street? Okay?
Speaker 3: Guard.
Speaker 1: If you look up and to the left, you can see the sixty test story space Needle Studio. Can you see it from where you are?
Speaker 3: We're waving.
Speaker 8: Free.
Speaker 1: Brandon is there to deliver the wish from College Muscle Movers. He brings everything into the house and he's also our backup plan, which we needed yesterday because the wisher was not answering the phone. So Brandon stand By. Thanks for doing what you do. If you need to move anytime of the year, no matter whether you moving across town or across the state, get ahold of College, musclemovers dot com. And you want to patronize these companies that help out and Brandon's not getting paid anything extra, and they're not you know, asking us for gas money or anything like that. They're doing this all on their own. So patronize those businesses that help support the community. Brandon, thanks for doing what you do. We'll talk to you soon. Okay, Let's get into the phone call right now. Now the person that you're calling. Let me see if I understand this right, because you and I talked a lot in the last couple of days. Andrea, is she able to communicate or is this call going to go to her partner?
Speaker 3: This call will be going to her husband.
Speaker 1: Brad. Okay, Brad, you have a beautiful radio voice. By the way, Oh thank you. Yeah. Will will you work on KATIBB for free Arby's coupons?
Speaker 3: That's just Mike okay?
Speaker 1: Top line? Then Jenny okay, and this is going to be bradsband. Does he have any idea we're calling? No idea at all. Where is he? Is he with Karen right now is at home with the kids.
Speaker 3: With his and Chris mom Jane.
Speaker 7: I see.
Speaker 1: Hello, hello, Brad? Is that you? Hey, Brad? It's Dave Ryan over at Katie w BE and I'm here with your buddy Dan, And I'm here with Dan's wife, Andrea. Say hi Andrea and Dan. Hey Brad, Andre, would you have any idea why we might be calling you this morning? Well, we do have a dozen long stem roses and you can send them. No, it's not thank goodness, No, it is Katie. It's way better. It's Katie w B. Christmas Wish. Every year we ask people who might know somebody who needs a little boost, a little love, a little support, a little compassion to tell us about a family. And this year you were nominated by Andrea. And Andrea is here to read a little bit of your story, which is actually your story, but more Karnne story. Have you got a minute, Brad, Yeah, sure do whenever you're ready, Andrea, let's hear your story.
Speaker 6: My Christmas wish is for an incredible family, my best friend Karen, her husband Brad, and their daughter Belle. Karen is only thirty six years old and Her life changed overnight this summer when she suffered a catastrophic brain bleed. What followed was emergency surgery and two strokes. Since then, Karen has lost all movement on the left side of her body. She's unable to walk, struggles to eat or drink safely, and is relearning how to speak and do even the simplest tasks. She requires twenty four to seven care and has spent the last four months in the hospital fighting through.
Speaker 3: Setback after setback.
Speaker 6: Her recovery is uncertain, and without the intense physical therapy she desperately needs, progress has been painfully slow. Karen's body has been through more than most people will ever experience, yet she continues to fight every single day.
Speaker 3: Brad has been nothing short of extraordinary.
Speaker 6: He works long hours to keep their family going, never missus Bell's volleyball or softball games, and spends every night after work at the hospital with carin so that she knows she's not alone and that she is so loved. He's managing everything, bills, appointments, and now the challenge of finding a long term care facility, all while facing struggles with insurance to make sure that she gets the proper care she needs. It's an overwhelming load, but Brad refuses to give up and continues to be an advocate for his wife. Through all of this, Bell has shown incredible strength for her mom. At just thirteen years old, She's been brave beyond her years, cheering her mom on, staying positive, and still finding ways to smile through.
Speaker 3: The hardest days.
Speaker 6: This family has faced challenges that would break most people, yet they keep showing up for each other every single day. Karin is a fighter, Brad is a devoted husband and father, and Belle is the bright light that keeps them going. They deserve hope, relief, and a reminder that they are not alone this holiday season. My Christmas wish for the Tanja's family is simple, to give them a little piece and joy during this difficult time. They have a village of friends and family who want them to feel loved and supported this Christmas after months of uncertainty and heartache. I want them to have a moment where they can breathe, feel cared for, and know deep in their hearts that they are surrounded by love.
Speaker 1: How you doing raw.
Speaker 8: Up?
Speaker 1: Yeah? My gosh. So it was just a normal summer day when everything changed like in the blink of an eye.
Speaker 7: Yeah, a couple of minutes. Everything everything went.
Speaker 1: And probably at first you thought, well, it's just a visit to the er, or it's just a visit to the doctor, and it turned out that that was months ago and she is still in the hospital.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, we were. We were ten minutes of being being to the hospital too late.
Speaker 1: You know, Oh my gosh, one of those things where had you not gott in the car and gone right away, that it would have been a different outcome. And you go see Krinne every night that you can.
Speaker 7: It's yeah, or sixth day of the week. Yeah.
Speaker 1: At the same time, you're doing all the other things with Bell and going to volleyball and softball. How is Bell handling things? I mean, what a shock, what a thing to handle, what a load to carry? At thirteen years old? How's Bell doing?
Speaker 7: She's she's pretty tough, but yeah, it's rand. It's tall on all of us a little bit.
Speaker 1: Well, and that's why we're here. And that is you know, when you say things like that, it's taking its toll on you guys. That is why we're here. With Christmas wish we wish we could wave a wand and make everything go back to the way it was a year ago. We can't do that, but we can let you know that you are loved, supported, and even from people who don't know you that are listening, they want you to have the best possible Christmas under the circumstances. So we have things. I wish we had things other than things, but we have things and experiences to just kind of make you smile and feel loved. So we have. We heard that Karen needed an electric wheelchair. Is this true? Yeah, yeah, well we taken care of that. We've got an electric wheelchair, so I know that'll come into play when she gets to come home, when she gets to travel in that type of thing. And we got some other things when she is able, maybe you can take her shopping. We got a two hundred dollars Target gift card. We got some fun clothes like I don't know, we just got like a for example, a beige Nike sweater, some colored leggings, things like that. A gift certificate to see her nails. You can roll her in there or she can roll herself in there get her nails done. Two hundred dollars gift card to Dick's Sporting goods. Let's talk about Belle. Belle is thirteen years old. She's into sports. She's the athletic one in the family. Yeah, yeah, and so you're going to what volleyball and softball games?
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I helped coach her softball and then she's pretty good at volleyball too.
Speaker 1: Is that amazing that it's like, with all of the things that you have on your plate right now, you're still coaching. Amazing. We've got a Vortex Volleyball rebounder net for her, Vavo Sport. I don't know what that is, red softball net, but we heard it's something that she could use so she can keep practicing softball in the winter. We got her some ugs. We got our Lulu Limon cross body bag, a light blue polaroid camera of all things. We got her a game for her switch. We got her a one hundred dollars Ulta gift card. And you can give these to her now, or you can put them under the tree, whatever you want to do. Where is bell right now?
Speaker 7: Five ft away from me? Not much of a bell.
Speaker 1: We've also got for you a two hundred dollars American Eagle gift card and a two hundred dollars gift card to Anthropology. You're welcome and if I understand right, that'll buy you about one point five items over Anology. Yeah, and then we haven't forgotten you, Brad and and kind of being the hero of the whole family along with Bell. We've heard you love grilling. Yeah, well we got you a Blackstone grill, which you hope you really liked. And you make your own pasta yeah, yeah, like it's nothing, So we got you a Kitchen Aid mixer. You're also you uh, you go out on the ice and you're you like to ice fish, Yes, sir, we got you a three person ice fishing shelter. Wow, that is so cool. An oony pizza oven. Uh, two hundred dollars up at Duluth Trading Company. Vikings fan, Yeah, that's awesome. Yeah, Viking's Crew, next sweatshirt and some other things as well. Tell me about the situation. Jane and Terry, that's Karen's mom and dad. They're obviously very involved as well, right correct. Yes, we heard they do a lot of cooking for the family. So we found a really really cool fourteen piece knife set from Kitchen Aid, and I hope they like that. We looked at this. We said, that looks really cool. And to get him out of the house, a two hundred dollars gift card to Crave for Janitary to go on a date night.
Speaker 7: They would love that so much.
Speaker 1: We we also, you know, to make the whole more handicap accessible. For Karin's return, We've got this is crazy, but it's a thousand dollars gift card to Minards to hopefully whatever done of its railings or a grab bar in the shower, whatever. That's one thousand dollars over at Minards. And then just some others that like holiday gas station card because there's trips for appointments and back and forth. We got one hundred one dollar holiday gas card groceries over at High V. How about three hundred dollars over at High V. And when she feels like it, I mean, heck, you could use this too. You could say, Karinn, I'm going to Woodhouse Spa over Neden Prairie. It's one hundred and fifty dollars gift card. Ever been to a spa before?
Speaker 7: I have not?
Speaker 1: Okay, well maybe it's time first time for everything. Maybe it's time. Broadway Pizza two hundred dollars visa gift card from Plugs Electric and to get your hairs cut. We got a two hundred dollars gift card over at Great Clips Good at any location. And that's what we do all these because we love it. It's fun to give, it's fun to give, but it also we love to give to somebody who's just really going through it right now. And we just can't imagine life changing on a dime like that. I mean, picture if you're listening to the show right now, picture that you get a phone call or how did you were you there when Carin had the brain bleed or were you called or what happened?
Speaker 7: Ben Bell Minard with our friend Dan and Andrea or Dan from Dan and Andrea. Luckily we just we're in, we're in his vehicle, had a run home, grab my vehicle and ran up to the clinic and and then I'd just we had a transporter right away. That's pretty crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't even imagine. So count your blessings if you have a healthy, healthy family. Thanks for letting us come into your morning like this, and and we're so happy we could do this for you and Bell and for Krien and for Mom and Dad, Jane and Terry as well.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: You're so welcome. I will let you say goodbye to Andrea and Dan.
Speaker 7: Okay, I love you guys so much. Can't believe you to this.
Speaker 3: We love you so much.
Speaker 6: There's no family that's more deserving.
Speaker 7: Love you guys. Appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thank you, have a great day. Give our best to Karen and Bell and Mom and Dad too.
Speaker 7: Okay, I well do, thank you.
Speaker 1: Bye, Christmas wish on Katie w b your stories like Karen and Brad, like everything's going along fine in life, and then all of a sudden, out of nowhere, something that these things don't happen to me. These things don't happen to me. They just don't. And then something that does. And when you hear and we've all heard about a family or a friend or a relative that has something awfully medical happened to them and it's like, well, but they were fine, they were just I just saw him yesterday, we just had lunch, we were at Perkin. What happened And that's how it was with Corinne and just now it's everything is turned upside down. So with Christmas Wish we can't change that. But what we can do is just offer relief. It's kind of like a kind of like a back rub in a way, you know, or like an itch. It's like scratching a bag. It's like, all of a sudden, you're just like, oh, a hug.
Speaker 5: It's like a hug when your back cracks a little bit with the hug and you're like, m that's a good one.
Speaker 1: Does it change your life? Probably not, but it does make you feel appreciated and eat your burden is eased a little bit. And we got to the wheelchair, which we said that's expensive. We're like, well, let's do it anyway. So if you are motivated or inspired to donate Christmas wish, please do it is the perfect day to do it because it's Treasure Island Match Day and Treasure Lions matching all your wishes, matching all your donations. We just got one for fifty dollars, says can you shout out my husband Travis. It was his birthday yesterday and our daughter's second birthday this past Friday, and they've had a tough year, So thank you very much for the donation. Let's check our bids or our donations see what we're up to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, before the match, we are at three thy, two and twenty five dollars right now?
Speaker 1: Wow, okay, okay before the match. For the match, our goal this morning was five thousand thousand. So I think we're gonna get above that. Texted disk text says just donated two hundred and fifty dollars to Christmas wish. I hope it gets matched. It will indeed, all right, we'll be right back on KDWB.
Speaker 5: Santa seze you in. You're sleeping, and he knows when you're awake, and he knows that you're on the Naughty List this year, David, what did you do this year to make the Naughty List?
Speaker 1: That's the question of the day. Okay, what did I do this year to I've often left messes that I pretended that I didn't see, Like if the cat pukes on the carpet, I'll pretend that it wasn't that I didn't see it. Yeah, and then I'll hope that Susan will see it and she falls forward every time. She's like, oh, Roger, he must have puked on the carpet after you left for work, And I'm like, did he really? Bad? Boy?
Speaker 3: I knew it was there.
Speaker 1: I'll so conspicuously unload the dishwasher so she'll know I don't do it while she's gone. I'll unload the dishwasher while she's there to watch in front of her. Yeah. Absolutely, And I'm like, yeah, just I can't. I'm busy unload the dishwasher. I got these glasses, so and.
Speaker 3: That's so, that's like, that's why you're on the naughty list because you're like, watch.
Speaker 5: This, I'm unloading the dish washer and you only wear an apron And.
Speaker 1: He turned around his straight cheeks, right exactly, That's that's why I'm on the naughty list.
Speaker 3: Hey, Jennie, why are you on the naughty list?
Speaker 7: This year?
Speaker 2: Probably my lack of response to family text messages. I am really bad at it, and a lot of times I use the excuse of like, oh my gosh, so sorry I missed this, but really it was like I didn't mentally want to respond in the moment, and then I did probably forget about it, and so it took a couple of days. But like, right now, I know I'm sitting on a group message about Christmas that I haven't responded to, and I need to respond to what I'm going to bring for Christmas for food, and they'll get my response in the next forty eight hours. We'll see, so I'd say that's probably mine. Okay, Vob, Why are you on the naughty list this year?
Speaker 9: Pull in one of my girlfriend Alyssa's old tricks on back on her. She would when we go grocery shopping show go bag stuff, so that way I'm the one that's stuck paying for things. So I've started switching it up and I'll be like, no, I'll bag this stuff, it's too heavy. That way, she ends up being the one that go back and pay.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised. You guys just don't like split everything since you live together.
Speaker 9: Sometimes we do, But I've just started using that trick against her more and more often, and she hasn't realized yet.
Speaker 1: Good bit, Bailey.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm on the naughty list because here at work, we anytime we have food in the fridge, I help myself to wopping heaping plates of it and then eat it during commercial breaks, to the chagrin of my coworkers here in this room, Dave Bryan and Jenny Lutenberger. Yeah, but you know what, I ain't sorry, put me on the nautilist.
Speaker 2: They've decided to bring in a huge bag of Chex mix for Bailey this morning, so she's been chopping on that all morning. And just imagine having to hear someone eat Chex mix when you don't like the sound of people eating I don't know what you want people to do it for fun?
Speaker 1: Morning?
Speaker 3: Should Should they eat some right now? Really?
Speaker 1: If you want to see the massive amount of checks mix that we made and we went overboard last night, then go on my instagram Dave Ryan KTWB. It is a heaping mound of checks mix. So there'll be some Ukulele Club tonight. By the way, if you want to go to Ukulele Club tonight, here in the building, we're in the KTWB Space Neagle Studio tonight at six thirty we're playing Christmas songs. If you got a ukulele and you know a little bit how to play it, it's not a lesson. But if you want to bring along a ukulele and you know like four or five or six chords, come out tonight and text me and I'll get you the information. Send me a text is this says, hey, tell me about ukulele club tonight six point thirty. Get out of the house and do something. Yeah, text me at KATWB one. Speaking of text messages, Bareley, Yeah, I gotta give a shout out to where did it go? Here? Shout out for a writer. They just donated. They're on their way to a doctor apartment this morning, and they have donated on match day.
Speaker 5: And I'm not sure if we did the shout out earlier too, but shout out to Henrik who used part of his allowance to donate.
Speaker 1: I don't know that or not we did not. That's awesome, Thank you, Henrik. That is awesome. Very I appreciate that if you want to donate. It is the day to do it. The last big hard push for Christmas wish because Treasure Island is matching. We want to get to five thousand dollars. What is our total now?
Speaker 2: Three thousand eighty.
Speaker 1: Oh, we're less than thirteen hundred dollars away. We can do this. And here's a little game that I want you to be motivated to donate. Are you ready? I'm going to give you a question and if you cannot answer the question within ten seconds, you have to donate. Do we have a deal? Okay? Radio handshake, radio handshake. If you cannot answer this question within ten seconds, you must donate. Are you ready lay it on us? Here we go. David's father has three sons, snap crackle and tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick. Do you have the answer, Bailey?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, Jenny, I ad it vaunt. Yes, Well, then try another one. Okay, it was the answer Bailey, pop incorrect. You gave the answer away, but that's okay.
Speaker 2: I thought it was okay with that's okay that donate If you didn't, no, it was David.
Speaker 1: Not snap crackle and pop. It is snap crackling David. David's father has three sons, snap crackle and David. If you blew it, Bailey, you do enough. You don't have to do donate anything I already did people. Did you donate all that I have donate? I donated at the beginning, of course? Just how much did you donate?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, So if you did not get it right, just a little gamer playing. If you did not get it right and you said snap crackle and pop, then you owe us a donation. We did a radio handshake. We don't care if you do five dollars or five hundred dollars or anywhere in between. Just make a little, a little gamesmanship out of the whole thing called or not call, but text. I'm sorry, not text. I'm going to get so excited. Go online katiewb dot com, slash wish and make your donation for Christmas Wish on match day? So did you donate? Because you couldn't answer the question? A while ago we had a little challenge. David has wait, David's father has three sons, snap, crackle, and and if you said pop, you got it wrong and you were now obligated to donate something to Christmas Wish? Did you donate?
Speaker 2: I think a lot of people that got it wrong did follow the handshake the radio handshakes hand like. Quite a few donations have come in, and I'll even more have. But before the last few have come in, we're at four eight and forty.
Speaker 1: We're almost the goal was five thousand, and that looks like we're gonna blow right through that goal. I'm going to give a shout out to this person has said that they texted in said I just donated one hundred dollars for the first time. Excited to make this tradition. Thanks for bringing joy to the community. Merry Christmas, and really that's kind of I mean, it brings joy to the person who's getting the wish. Definitely to us, yep, definitely the person who's nominated them, and hopefully you too. When you hear how just kind of overcome overwhelmed they are with like and they always say, I don't know what to say, and it's like, we'll give you some time. No, we just say you don't have to say anything. We just are happy to do this. So all right, lighthearted story, this is kind of fun. There was a cassette that was found in the basement. What was on the cassette? They were going through old boxes when they found a tape that Dad made for my brother when my brother borrowed his car in nineteen eighty eight for his prom. Dad was also a radio DJ in the Navy in the late sixties. And they found this tape that Dad put into the car's cassette player when he loaned his son the car for the prom. We're about to play the cassette tape. Are you ready? This is what he found in the car. Nineteen eighty eight is the year.
Speaker 4: Congratulations you score Dad's car, you're gonna have a great time. But there's some rules of the road. I want you to pay attention to. Number one.
Speaker 1: Observe all laws.
Speaker 4: Of the stated on on. That means watching speed limits and not being a show off. No drinking drugs or other intoxicating beverages, either before, near, in around, or through the car. I'm checking the mileage. About one hundred miles is okay. There's a full tank of gas. Now if you use more than half, I expected to refill it up less than half.
Speaker 1: It's cold.
Speaker 4: No ice cream, dumb chewing or other stuff that gets the sea string.
Speaker 1: Racing is fortible now. It's funny because just like most DJs, this DJ went on a little bit too long. It's like I used to tell DJ's, it's like they don't pay you by the word, like you're not getting paid by But that is adorable. That is thirty seven years old. Wow that they found it in a box in the basement. That is such a cool story. Love I like that. Coming up on Dave's Dirt, we're gonna cover the latest from Rob Reiner in that whole situation. But I've also got the baby names. They're gonna be popular in twenty twenty six, so I you're gonna have it be you're pregnant right now or planning on being pregnant in twenty twenty six. I've got the names you need to name your baby coming up. Yeah, well vot you never know. We'll do that next on KTWV Dave's dirt coming up. Don't forget donate KTWB dot com slash wish because Treasure Island is matching and our goal is five thousand dollars. I got the top baby names for twenty twenty six on Dave's Dirt on KATIEWB. We'll do that in just a couple of seconds. But there's an update. The night before Rob Ryaner and his wife Michelle were found stabbed to death in their home, Robin his son Nick, the prime suspect, got into a really loud public argument. There were a Conan O'Brien's Christmas party on Saturday. They say that after the argument, which a lot of people heard, Robin Michelle left the party. They say that Nick's overall vibe at the party was pretty creepy was the word they used to describe it. Family sources said that Michelle had been telling friends over the last few months that she and Rob were at their wits end over Nick's mental illness and drug abuse issues because they quote tried everything. I am so annoyed with this kid. Mental illness is one thing, but drugs are a deliberate choice. I am so anti drug. If you smoke weed, I don't care, that's your decision, but I don't. I don't do any of that. I don't. But you have to make a conscious decision one day when your friend says, hey, do you want to try this drug? And then you get addicted because we all have the same basically physiology, so we become addicted. And then who has to deal with that crap? Your family and your parents and these poor people. Rob Reyner and wife Michelle tried everything, and here is still this kid, an adult at thirty two years old, making no progress. Shame on him for putting his parents through that. I am so glad my kids are healthy and don't do drugs. Carson smokes weed once in a while. I don't care. I wish he didn't. I don't know about Chase, Beth No and Alison, Oh my god, never know. She's never even smelled weed before. So shame on any kid who puts their freaking parents through that. Just an awful story.
Speaker 2: Well, Kim Kardashian's daughter North and Kanye's daughter, She recently went on their TikTok, which is a joint TikTok with Kim, just so you know, there is like some parental vision on that, but she debuted bleached eyebrows, and of course, to each their own. But you know, she's only twelve years old, and I feel like she has been the most influenced by Kanye in the sense that she is like very unique and creative to an extent. But I feel like she got too much exposure to him, and so I just I know Kim recently went on the Alex Cooper Call Her Daddy podcast saying like, Babe, if you want to dye your hair blue, it is what it is like if it makes her happy, cool, But I just I get a little concern for her because I think the other kids were young enough when Kanye started going through all of his mental illnesses and not taking the medication he needs for it. And so I feel like North has been very heavily influenced by her.
Speaker 8: Dad, and she she gets a lot of like a bad rap from like paparazzi and like the press and everything for like Kim being a bad parent for letting her do that stuff, but like Kim's not her only parent like.
Speaker 3: Connie's her parents.
Speaker 2: Kim actually does try to help out a lot with that.
Speaker 5: Brett Michaels of Poison is going to have a biopic and a book in twenty twenty six. At first, I'm like, Brett Michaels don't really care, But isn't he the rock of love?
Speaker 1: He is the rock of fluff. I'd love to read that book.
Speaker 3: That sounds great.
Speaker 1: Great guy. We've had him on the show years ago. He's so cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, can I.
Speaker 2: Tell you a fun story about him really quick please? So they performed Poison performed at the Fanalace County Fair when I was like seventeen years old, and my best friend sammy huge fan of bands like that, got picked out of the crowd to go meet seventeen years old, we were, and so she went to go meet him at the VFW when he was doing a signing afterwards, but then he had to leave, so it was like very quick. But then his bouncer was like, give me your phone number. And then they tried to get her to like come to his concert down in Chicago like a week later. Oh, they were going to send a limo and all this stuff, and I was like, she's seventeen years old.
Speaker 3: Sounds like fan fiction.
Speaker 1: That forty two at that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was trying to convince me to go, and I was like, no, I'm going camping in the Wisconsin Dells.
Speaker 3: I don't want to go meet this old man.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 1: Wow, very strange.
Speaker 9: Nick Jonas has a new song that he's dropping for us very soon actually New Year's Days when it comes out. It's called gut Punch. He's add that Joe Burrow money is drying up Nick j P.
Speaker 2: When I've seen him promoting the song, he just feels like a stick in the mud compared to the other brothers the I He's just like, yeah, straight forward, like we got to do this, we got.
Speaker 1: To do that. He's very introverted. We we had him on stage at jingle Ball one time and it was one of the most awkward moments either ever. Is like because he wasn't performing. He's like, hey, Nick Jonas is here, everybody Nick Jonas, Nick, what's going on?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 1: Man, Hey, Nick, are you excited for jingle Ball? Yeah? Man, he's just Hey, Nick, You're a thrill a minute?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's just like no fun.
Speaker 1: I've got the names that are going to be big in twenty twenty six, and I'm going to go through them kind of quickly. See if Ahams strike you, Sienna, Cosmo, Romy Kalem or Callum. I think it's Kalem, Collette, Nsion, Oakland, l y n N maclan Fea Arthur like the artwork that loves the reading to read, Una, Evrin, Colter, Roomy, Conrad and Jordan are some of the big names that you will hear more and more starting next year. That is the dirt brought you by six one two Injured Heimer and Lamber's injury Law also shout out to the LEO Agency for bringing us you can't make this stuff up. We love you guys. They gave a ten thousand dollars donation last week for Christmas wish. We are now doing match day. It continues and we are going for another hour. Let's see if we've reached our goal of five thousand dollars. Jenny have.
Speaker 2: Reached the gay So my last calculator calculation had us at about five and seventy five.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: I'm sure a couple more have come in Sinsun, but yes, we are over five thousand.
Speaker 1: That is so cool. Well, let's set another goal. Let's do seventy five hundred dollars. Seventy five hundred dollars. Let's you know, you make a goal, it's like, well, let's keep going. You don't just stop in life. It's like, you know what, I got my job at coals, this is it. I'm going to stop right here. No, you got to keep You got to shoot for manager at coals, for the star, exactly right. So let's shoot for the star. Seventy five hundred dollars. We can do it. We got one hour. Go online KDWB dot com slash wish Treasure Island Shout out to you people for helping us with the