Speaker 1: The News Jokie starts now. It is Tuesday, April twenty eight to twenty twenty six. Watch to get to today from Jimmy Kimmel Fired again to new details about the White House Correspondence dinner shooting, and the King of Angelin wants to talk to you today, plus your calls, dispatches, emails, text, Sam Moore, Sea Ladies here, goodday and so are you. You can join us with the dispatch send yours over at the neewsjunkie dot com right now. You can also watch the show on YouTube and Twitch dot tv.
Speaker 2: Slash the News Junkie.
Speaker 1: Your message is rolling a right at the studio in a real time and it is friends a share the show.
Speaker 2: Yes, tunday, Yeah some Sharon. That's right. Let's do some sharing today.
Speaker 1: Let's make today the day when you share the show. What does that mean, Sean? You say, well, it means you tell somebody about the radio show. Send a link to the podcast, send a link to the social media pages, follow us, or do any of that stuff just to share the show and spread the word about the news Chunky Today. Go to the Newsjunkie dot com for more. All right, let's start off as we always do here. Let's put our ears at the ground, our fingers in the pulse, Let's see what's happening to this great, big, wide world of ours. And we go to Charles Johnson. Everybody who's is that? You don't even know who Charles Johnson is?
Speaker 3: You don't even know who Charles. You barely know who Charles Johnson is. My goodness, Oh, chuck Jay, that's embarrassing. He's one hundred and four years old. I think this guy's amazing.
Speaker 1: He is just getting into a brand new sport at one hundred and four, which is a brave move, really brave move. And what he's doing is he's an archer. He's an archer. Okay, one hundred and four years old. Good luck trying to beat this guy.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm My name is Charles Johnson, and I'm one hundred and four years old.
Speaker 1: He sounds good, he does, doesn't one hundred and four and I can understand what he's saying. His voice is still relatively strong, pretty impressively from Plucksburg, West Virginia.
Speaker 4: The Phoenix now and this is I think this is my fourth time here.
Speaker 1: I like that He's like, I think this is my fourth time here. Who's to know I'm one hundred and four years old.
Speaker 3: I am so far deep into the bow and too the arrow that I have lost count of how many times I have I have done it.
Speaker 1: For those of you who are unimpressed right now, let me explain something to you. If you've never done ar tree in your life, you have no idea how hard it actually is with a compound bow to pull the bow back or whatever it is and then let go to fire off the arrow. I'll stay using all the wrong lingo here, I'll say this.
Speaker 3: I don't I still I don't think I have done enough of archery because I think the last time I did a bow and arrow was like in boy Scouts or cub Scouts even, and those aren't the same like equipment that's not the same device.
Speaker 1: It's hard. You folks who are into archery will know this. This guy's alle hundred and four and he can do it.
Speaker 4: I don't know about mak it fie, but I'll try. You know, this is one of the joints in my life, being this. You know it used to be golf.
Speaker 1: This took the.
Speaker 4: Place of golf, and I've met so many good friends here I'd love to tell people that I'm an archer. Yeah, to tell people I'm going to Vegas means a lot.
Speaker 1: You know. The craziest thing about this is this guy's not using anything to stand up right. He's not using a wheelchair. He doesn't have and like he doesn't have a cane.
Speaker 2: For God's sake, He's one hundred.
Speaker 1: And four and still kicking it in the archery world and bragging to his friends about him going over to Vegas. I like a time man.
Speaker 3: He still does that old thing that my grandmother did every time I saw her for the last I don't know so many years of her life, was like, I don't know if I'm making twe hundred and five, they always do that. See her in Christmas, Grandma?
Speaker 1: If I make it that long, yeah, Tony says, no, f and way, he's one hundred and four.
Speaker 2: He is, He looks great, sounds great. CJ.
Speaker 1: Ford says, modern compound bows aren't that difficult to pull.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's true.
Speaker 1: Even knowing as little as I know, I'm sure things have gotten better. But I bet I bet still most people who are over a certain age cannot get anywhere near pulling back even a modern compound bow. But now I need you because he's challenged me over here archery people. Is that impressive that one hundred and four year old man can pull back on a compound bow in competition?
Speaker 3: Did we actually see him you know, shoot? No, he probably sucks.
Speaker 1: Did we see if he's hits the target? No, no we didn't. We didn't see him actually shoot food or anything. I don't know if he's any good. I just know he's one hundred and four, he's alive, and he's kicking it. Folks. So you got a long road ahead of you today. That's my message to start things off here on the show. New stuff to look forward to, you know, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll tell you well, you know what I'm not looking forward to right now. I was telling you before the show. I was telling Celi before the show two things. First, I told him, damn it, I forgot we had a meeting today, and because we had the meeting, I wasn't able to shave last minute before the show. And then Celia told me the people think that I'm I'm growing like the equivalent of a hockey beard.
Speaker 3: For the show Doomsday, somebody compared your beard to the doomsday clock in a way that like.
Speaker 1: Five o'clock shadow is five o'clock on the Doom Show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, okay, the doomsday beard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the doomsday beard is probably what I have going on right now.
Speaker 3: And this, you know, I don't know what they were specifically alluding to, because I'm not inside their heads, but it could be some sort of relation to this, you know, contract thing you've got going on. And it's like if Sean is not even shaving, you're just getting the getting the beard, like he's gonna be Lettermanning all of a sudden.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just like, well I'm out of here, why shave? It's not it's not far off from the target, you know, it's it's probably as close as that one hundred and four year old guy would get. It is fairly accurate, I would have to say. So that was one thing I mentioned to see La in this morning. I said I didn't get the shave. So folks in the stream bear with me here today on YouTube and twitch.
Speaker 3: Sure some people like the beard, the stubble. The other thing is this and this is just brutal to me.
Speaker 1: It's like, so Sean Luck, I talked to Courtney all the time about Shawn Luck. I have things that happened to me and they're so annoying, and they're like, it's not just some annoying thing that you could fix quickly. For instance, on my Genesis, there's a little panel on the side and the panel got really hot. It's like this thin little panel by the side of my door, and panel got really hot in the sun and it popped off of my car because it got hot and warped. I have bought two of those panels, replaced them myself, double sided tape them in there, hired a professional who does bodywork to do the same thing, and every single time I put another one on, it pops right off the side of the car. I have no idea what's going on, but it's certainly a Sean problem. There's a lot of these weird Sean problems that pop up. You think geographically your car is just not in a great spot, like there's something about the way the sun hits your driveway.
Speaker 3: It's just that panel. The whole car is getting hot, but it's just that panel that's doing it. Looked to see if Genesis has some sort of you know, common problem with that panel on that door. I like to think the world is maybe against me, and that's what's coming up here.
Speaker 2: Because I also told you.
Speaker 1: Which spots with Cordey and see if her panel. I've got camera. I don't want two cars to get screwed up by whatever this phenomenon is. But I was telling you I've got one of the new PTZ cameras. These are like the really high end four K cameras that's coming into the studio today, will be delivered today, and taking the other one that's in the studio now and another camera that we currently use, and I put it up on eBay. So of course let's introduce the Sean problem, right The eBay Sean problem is, for the last forty eight hours, starting almost the moment I placed this very nice, very valuable camera up on eBay for an auction, eBay has been knocked down by hackers oo and eBay auctions have been settling for record low prices because no one can get to the auctions. But the auctions, much like mine with this expensive camera, are locked in place, so eBay doesn't.
Speaker 3: Have some sort of plan in place to be like, hey, guys, while we have this hat going on, while we have this connection issue, can they not just pause the auctions or set them all not to end.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they can, or they just aren't and there, or they're not willing to, but they're not right now.
Speaker 2: That's what's happening right now.
Speaker 1: eBay auctions are are ending for like record good deals for people because no one about it. Camera.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna VPN out of the country to somewhere that gets eBay. I'll save on shipping good. Yeah, I'll just I'll hand it over to you. Don't just do like a buy it now price.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, you put it up as an auction and now here's one are the stories. eBay has been struggling with widespread outages, disrupting transactions and API access.
Speaker 2: They began late Sunday.
Speaker 1: This is literally right after I posted the camera over on eBay. The eBay outage, which is crippled essential features of the site, has left many buyers and sellers frustrated, struggling to access critical functions including search features, listings, and checkout processes. Many of the au that we're up, we're settling for incredibly low numbers because nobody could get in there to have the competition to bid up the things that everybody was selling. It's all God on and on we go. It's just it's just how it rolls today. So for that reason, we need you, We absolutely positively need you join us today on the show with your feedback, your dispatches, and your email. Speaking of that, let's work a couple in here before we get to the Jimmy Kimmel drama, and I can save her a moment and a bunch of other stuff. Skylark emails the show tips at the news junkie dot Com. Skylark says, I've been wanting to write you for some time. Oh boy, this is starting out like a Casey Kasem message here, but email side, I guess.
Speaker 2: Skylark rides in and it goes Dear Sean, I've.
Speaker 1: Been wanting to write you for some time, and I finally have a chance, says Skylark. It was a few weeks ago, maybe a little bit longer. You mentioned the things that were talked about on the show would eventually in a couple of weeks become national news.
Speaker 2: Well, you were right.
Speaker 1: You were talking about a parrot and a little underwater submarine. I saw that on a local news channel, Channel seven in Miami, four Lauderdale, and a few days ago I saw the rescue sloss from Sloth World. They were being rescued by the Central Florida Zoo. Thank you very much for bringing that to the attention to those that needed to hear it, and glad that because of some part in some part of your show that they've been rescued and being are being taken care of. I love your show, she says. I love your show, says Cindy. I'll stop you there because the next sentence is I hate seeing that it's going to be ending, Cindy.
Speaker 3: The Sloth World thing, I think has got got to international news because it's something about the cuteness of a sloth. The sloth has become so beloved that it was just and the fact that like, there was this it had a lot of sexy things. There was this tourist and a destination that was going to be, you know, so great for the sloths and no just kidding, we're keeping them in warehouses with space eaters.
Speaker 1: And people really were excited about it for a hot second when the social media advertising started.
Speaker 2: But then it just totally flipped.
Speaker 1: I mean it just a one hundred percent flipped that fast. I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I there was some things about Sloth World that were red flags to me from the start. I didn't now don't. I'm not trying to say that like, Oh, I was reading the tea leaves and I knew they were gonna not take care of the sloths very well. Thirty one of them to be dead. I had no idea about that. But the amount of AI that they used for their graphics was a little bit of a I don't know, Like, if you're not if you're too cheap to pay for somebody to give you a good graphics package, how much are you of spending on the sloths.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that causes a bit of a problem for some people. And here we are.
Speaker 2: I got news on that as well.
Speaker 1: Today. We're loaded up to share this show Tuesday. So let's kick it open. When we come back, a dinner gone wrong in a story that you are not going to believe waiting to hear these clips. We'll also get into the attack on scientology is continuing, and it's crazy some of the twists this is taking. Both of those are coming up next. Something to use Junkie. We always have these stories. I bring them up and I know, without a doubt there's going to be people, some of you weirdos in Chat in particular, who are going to say, like, I could save her, I could save this person. I don't know why there's such a desire for both men and women out there. This is like a there's problems that can be spread around to both men and women, for sure, but there's propensity for us to find the worst, weirdest people around us and go, you know what, I think. I think I could fix that person. And they did this with Casey Anthony. They did it with who's the guy who killed Lacy Peterson? Well, there was the one trick that was in love with Brian Coberger. Yeah too, but not Yeah, that's true. So but Lacy Peterson was killed by her husband, Scott Peters. Hell's his name, Peter Scott Peterson. Yeah, Scott Peterson.
Speaker 2: That makes sense.
Speaker 1: It just adds up now that I think about it. Scott Peterson is another example of when people women would see him and they'd be like, oh my god, he's so hot, Like I like this guy.
Speaker 2: They'd send him money and stuff in jail.
Speaker 1: This lady is making headlines today because she stabbed her boyfriend at their apartment and the reason for it, and all the stories and details behind it. So insane, so bizarre. But I know some of you, and you're not even really that attractive.
Speaker 3: But I'm seeing the thumbnail here and I'm not seeing that I can fix herness of it.
Speaker 1: There will be I'm watching, well, I'm watching you chat. There will be at least one show her here on the stream for YouTubers and twitch people. Okay, I there will be at least one of you and says I could fix her. I can fix her. Here's what she her eyebrows first, she's got She's got a lot of problems that are beyond her eyebrows. Right now, already they're saying I can fix her. See because you go to them into it. I think if I said nothing, they would still be saying this. But let's see. Here we go.
Speaker 2: Here's her story, and you tell me what you think.
Speaker 5: When investigators arrived, they found a man flat on his back.
Speaker 1: They asked Cloth why she did it.
Speaker 5: Clothes said she did it because she wanted to go out to eat that night, and her boyfriend had come over to her apartment to cook chicken drumsticks instead.
Speaker 1: How could he do that? So specifically, how could he do that? She wanted to go out to eat in this miser boyfriend was going to instead cook chicken drumsticks at the house.
Speaker 2: I can't believe it. Chicken though, I got to put that in there.
Speaker 1: You didn't need any of those details, but they still put those in the mark.
Speaker 3: We had to run a correction an earlier version of the story and implicated that the plan was to cook chicken drumsticks when indeed the boyfriend bought chicken thighs.
Speaker 2: Yeah. This was Mikayla.
Speaker 1: Cloth is her name, Mikayla clothed Koot, twenty seven years old. She attacked the dude and stabbed him because she wanted to go out to dinner and he wanted to instead make chicken drumsticks at home.
Speaker 5: When asked if there was a struggle, Cloth told police quote, no, I did stab him.
Speaker 1: End quote. Clothes says her.
Speaker 5: Mother grabbed a knife on the plate side, and she got angry and she pushed the knife into his chest.
Speaker 1: The victim's father spoke in court Monday, when people say stuff like that, they're like, you know, he got angry and I pushed the knife into his chest. Because this was I was like, what you're describing is just stabbing. Just say I stabbed him. Well, I didn't stab him. I just pushed the knife into his chest. That's that is a stabbing. That does make a stabbing. I think that's what she did. Does we not name him or his twenty five year old son.
Speaker 2: Here's the dad.
Speaker 6: Please never let that monster walk the streets ever again.
Speaker 1: She admits.
Speaker 7: Saying I stabbed him, if you have to take me to jail, Okay, she didn't hesitate with the discussion with the officers.
Speaker 1: Yeah she didn't. She is a pretty deranged lunatic. And there she is in Wisconsin, Mikayla Cloth, this woman charged with first degree intentional homicide. And I guess they said, like there wasn't any remorse, no nothing, no, just remember this. When you think you have problems in your relationship, you probably do. But I bet they're not this bad. I bet they're not this level of bad. And if you think they're this level, you know, spring on the whole chicken, not just the drumsticks. I mean, it could have all been fixed, I guess by taking her out to dinner. But yes, you know, what are we gonna do?
Speaker 3: TMJ four The article that I'm reading. Prosecutor said Cloth, who was in the apartment and told them she wanted to go out to eat that night, but the victim came to the apartment with quote chicken drumsticks, comma seasoning end quote that's it, that's it, and plan to use the air fryer for dinner.
Speaker 1: You guys, people are crazy out there, right. I mean, like most people are normal. You and I are normal, our neighbors are normal. People are out us are all normal. But there are some crazy people out there.
Speaker 2: I see this all the time.
Speaker 1: It just rocks my world that there's so many people who are so close to killing an other person. They're so close, like you're you're if I if I came home ac Cordy and I had talked about going out to dinner somewhere, we made plans, even if I was excited, and then if I came home and she goes, nah, instead, I'm gonna make it dinner, I'd be like, Wow, that's really nice. I'm excited for this dinner that you're making. Imagine being so close to homicide that that is what tips you over the edge.
Speaker 3: Just kills the guy because he didn't want to eat out. Yes, I mean, in this case, maybe more than what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't understand. We're talking about restaurants here. We got you and your dispatches and emails are they're coming in live to the show right now. We'll get some more of those. In fact, let me work in a couple real quick. Somebody talking about the red and blue button thing, and that is not a political thing, but it's kind of turned into one in some bizarre way. Let me see if I can you think if they picked different colors, we wouldn't call this political. Yes, I think they should have. Honestly, I think they should have. I don't want to screw this up. But it went something like this. This This was the thing that was going viral where they said, if you were given the opportunity, everybody has to place a vote. It's a private vote, and if everybody hits the blue button, nobody gets killed and everybody survives. But if at least one person hits the red button, no, you're getting it wrong.
Speaker 3: Okay, See, I know everybody gets two buttons, one is red and one is blue, and you are told ahead of time. Here's how this particular exercise works. It's very joker from the dark night when they're on the boats and all that. Okay, If every you know, everybody votes, you have to vote. You have to push one button. If more than fifty percent of the population pushes the blue button, everybody lives.
Speaker 1: All right. So if more than fifty percent of everybody hits the blue button, everybody survives, everybody's surviving. We're all good.
Speaker 3: If forty nine nine percent or less push the blue button, only the people who push the red button.
Speaker 2: Live, okay? Is the answer to this?
Speaker 1: Not all right? And I want to throw this out there one more time. Everyone in the world has to take a private vote by pressing a red or blue button. If more than fifty percent of people press the blue button, everyone survives. If less than fifty percent of the people press the blue button, only people who press the red button survived. Which button would you press? Is the correct answer? Not red? Because if every person hit the red button, everyone would survive. Yes, right, And there's no stipulation on that one. Just if you look at this and you say, well, then all we have to do is every single person hits the red button, and that completely dismantles the problem that we have in front of you. Because I'm missing something.
Speaker 3: If one hundred percent of people push the red button, then clearly that's less than fifty percent who have pushed the blue button.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know.
Speaker 3: So this is faith in humanity versus a like a not even a necessary an unnecessary test of your faith in humanity versus a guarantee that you will live.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the red button is the answer because it's guaranteed. Every person hits the red button and you're good, you're hitting the blue button. It's like this utopian button where you think more than fifty percent of the people will do this because you think it's the right thing, and you think everybody has like the same level of empathy as you do. I don't trust enough people like that, and you shouldn't either, probably, So I think if we all hit the red button, we're all going our individual route, but we're all protecting ourselves and everybody survived no matter what.
Speaker 3: There is no risk in hitting the red button, zero risk if you hit the red button. If you are the only person who hits the red button. If there are ten thousand people in this exercise and ninety nine of them hit the blue button and you hit the red, yeah, you still survive.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, wait wait wait, wait, hold on, but if everybody presses the blue button, it's the same thing, right, yeah, but but you're yeah yeah, okay, so.
Speaker 2: Then only oh god, it's so complished.
Speaker 1: However, hold on, but if you flip it, if you flip it, hold on, flip it. Right.
Speaker 3: If there are ten thousand people yes, and nine thousand, nine ninety nine hit the red button and one person hits the blue button, well, now less than that person's dead.
Speaker 1: You're a gunner. Yeah, but it's that person's because all they had to do is hit the red button. That was the only yes. So if you hit the blue button, you are relying on everybody else hitting the blue button.
Speaker 2: If you hit the red button, you're protecting yourself.
Speaker 1: And if everybody protects thee there sound, we're all protected together.
Speaker 2: That's the answer I say.
Speaker 3: For the record, I've compared this to The Dark Knight, but that's not It wasn't the exact same situation. And there was two boats and then you turn a key and that boat blows up, or they turn a key and you blow up, and it's that was a whole different thing, where there were consequences that were much more severe than Hey, listen, no matter what, if you hit this button, you will survive.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, right, I think that's the answer. But I mean, everybody has their own vibes on this. Anonymous emails tips to the news yunker dot com and says, I'm going blue because the red might wipe out everyone I love and they're more important to me than I am to myself. What it's just anonymous person, Yeah, that's it. This is an argument about empathy, okay, because if you want to say I'm gonna push blue to protect the other people around me, you're you're putting your empathy out like a like a net that you're reliant on right at your own peril. Okay, now here's here's what I'm saying. If you instead said, let me gather all the people that I love, and I'm gonna tell all the people that I love. Hey, guys, we obviously got to hit red. We're all gonna be saved if we hit red and they tell everybody else they red. Everybody just hits red. Everybody protects everybody they love, and then we went nobody dies. The problem is that you're starting to think like I'm gonna be part of some big movement instead of everybody protecting themselves in their own little like groups that are close to them. That's what I think. That's what makes this an interesting conversation, and that's why that works that way. Also, Celan was talking yesterday about getting into secured private spaces and where's the place that you've been which is the most cool? And you felt like, oh man, I'm not supposed to be here right now right Michelle emails Tips of the News Chunky dot com. Michelle says, my dad was a US Customs sac or a special Agent in charge for the US Customs. For a while, he worked in the counterfeit department. In approximately nineteen ninety, my brother and I were in high school. He showed me the closet that had all the counterfeit stuff, Gucci bags, mink fur codes, stacks of money.
Speaker 3: Not just counterfeit money, but counterfeit every everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So this huge office that Customs had where they pulled in all the counterfeit goods and it was all locked in there, and Michelle's dad brought her in there to go check it out, which would be very very cool. Thank you for the email, And one more real quick Alisha in Jensen Beach says tips at thenews junkie dot com. Hello from Jensen Beach, Florida to all of you. This is my first time contacting the show. I've been listening for the last five or so years on the podcast. I never get into the car without listening to you guys. But I can't remember ever laughing as hard as I did with you two talking about hitting the deck. Yesterday, I was on US one and had to pull over because tears were blurring my eyes from laughing so hard. Best story in a long time about the drive by dogging and the car backfiring, because I know I would have reacted to both exactly the same way. Thank you for a laugh on a day when I needed this, says Alisha.
Speaker 3: Boy, that was an easy laugh for you, I know right this Also she left out Josh.
Speaker 1: What a shame for Josh. What poor Josh. He was there, he had a buttoner two is this thing? It's a great guy. All right, We're gonna quick break when we come back. We got to get into the Jimmy Kimmel controversy that is really dominating a lot of the discussion today. What's it all about? I got the joke that started. I got all the reactions, I got all that. We'll have to get to that after the Scientology thing that are teased though, because the attack on scientology continues. What's the latest that's happened here? It's crazy. So while Rod and I want you to go on it with us. That's coming up next on the news, Chunkie, I ask you a question and be honest with me, all right, be honest. You can vote over on TNJ chat or you could vote on twitch right now by putting yes or no to this question. Is buying lottery tickets wasting your money? Is buying lottery tickets? Wasting your money? Is the question? Just put yes or no, and the folks over on TNJ chat just vote in the actual poll. You'll see it there on the screen. That's how you vote on TMJ chat. But the piece of information that led me to this is Americans spent get this, overall, one hundred and nine billion dollars on lottery tickets last year, which is more money than Americans spent on movies, books, concerts, and sports tickets combined. RYE Americans like that, We like that, hope you know that's what it is that is. That's what it is. It's hanging on to a thread of hope. Absolutely, just a thread of hope. Americans spending one hundred and nine billion dollars on lottery tickets, which is more than they spent on movies, books, concerts, and sports tickets all combined together, and a lot of people are saying things like the lottery is just a voluntary tax. I bought three lottery tickets last week and forgot to ever scratch them, and I have no idea where they went. Well, that's just dumb. Yeah, now that's definitely a waste of money. But generally speaking, is it a waste of money? Is buying lottery tickets wasting your money? I want to see what people think about that. Let us know with your your votes or emails to tips at the news Junkie dot com. You can, I'll send a dispatch over on the website, the news Junkie dot com. It's an incredible number to think about, though, Absolutely, one hundred and nine billion, one hundred and nine billion dollars. That's so much bigger than re industry and sports batting. Let's go into education. So yes, allgedly allegedly it's going to some sort of education.
Speaker 2: That's true. We've heard that.
Speaker 3: I think I was waiting in line at the gas station the other day and you said it was one hundred and nine billion last year or in the past year.
Speaker 2: In the past year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, And there was something there was some figure that they had at the lottery stand that said the number that they've donated to education over the years, and I think it was like fifty billion.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, that's a lot of years.
Speaker 1: When you divide, you know, it's a long time, especially when this is how much people are spending every single year.
Speaker 2: And somebody is saying it might have been lower. It might have been lower.
Speaker 3: But I'm just being conservative here with that number because I remember thinking, I go, yeah, that seems like a good amount, But how many years is that divided over? Because now it starts thinking like, oh no, actually, you're you're taking in a lot of money and only really donating some of it.
Speaker 1: Somebody said earlier They're like, yeah, yeah, Sean, but think about how much money I could win. Well yeah, that's the point. I mean, that's what gets you to want to do this. And the only way you can justify this, like if you answer is buying lottery tickets wasting money with no which is losing right now? What many more people are saying it is wasting money judging by the story I just told you there. But if you say that, no, it's not wasting money. I think the solid logic there would be, Hey, if you have a budget for it and you get a level of enjoyment out of it, like you have fun.
Speaker 2: You know, you go.
Speaker 1: Home at the end of your hard working day and some people drink beer or smoke cigarettes or roll up a join or whatever, and you sit there and scratch off a couple of scratchers, and that's your vice. I think that's totally fair. Like I think that's absolutely fair. If you say I have my thing, you have your thing. Don't be judging me. I want to dream a little bit and it gives me a high shane and I get excited. So no, buying lottery tickets is not wasting money to me, I can make sense of that. I can't. I hung out with a guy.
Speaker 3: Over the weekend that he said I have n't drank in like eight or some eight years or so, and then we start talking about upcoming sports games, and he's.
Speaker 1: Like, all right, let me get out of the app let's go here we go. Oh yeah, everybody's got their own thing. I get that. That's fine. I think if you are solely buying lottery tickets and spending your money on lottery tickets, spending is part of that one hundred and nine billion dollars that so many people toss into that pot. If you're doing it because you think, hey, financially, this is going to pay off for me, this is not the right reason. That's not the right reason to do it. If you're doing it because you're having fun, go for it. Be reasonable, put a little budget toward it, just like if you go to the casino.
Speaker 2: Or you bet on sports.
Speaker 1: And if things are reasonable and you have fun and it's your way of enjoying yourself, go for it. But if you're doing it kind of like my dad, my dad, I've told stories about my dad.
Speaker 2: He used to go to this church.
Speaker 1: It was the church Mareen Christian in West Pont Beach, Florida, and it was the school that I went to.
Speaker 2: I got kicked out of.
Speaker 1: And they'll never be the most famous person at the school because Larry the Cable Guy also attended. You know, it's this brutal truth of my life. I'm not going to beat him. I don't think you just need a three word phrase. Get her done. Worked out real well for that guy. They had a lot of money. But if you take my dad's strategy was my dad, I would go, you're like really given a lot to the church these days. And he goes, yeah, Sean, I have found the more that I give to church, the more I'll get back in other things.
Speaker 2: He's like, it's fantastic.
Speaker 1: So I've donated ten percent of my earnings that week to church. And they said afterwards, I got this, this, and this out of it, and it was really awesome. And he's like, wow, this was a great investment. I go, how do you know you wouldn't have gotten those things if you didn't give the money to church. Once we're giving both of the lines of income. Oh, it was like his stocks went up right, or you know, whatever investments he had, or he found twenty dollars in the public's parking lot and at the grocery store, whatever it was. It was like, my dad was motivated to give to the church because he said I would he would get things out of it. I would get things back and that was the motivation for him. If you're motivated to spend your money on lottery tickets because you literally are hedging on the fact that you're going to win, don't do it. Do not do it because you're not gonna win. Odds are you're not going It's not gonna happen that way. All right, over to our update on the world of Scientology. I've been keeping you up on this. It's not getting a lot of national attention yet, but I think it's going too soon. And here's why. People have begun to on a very sophisticated and mildly hilarious level, troll the Church of Scientology.
Speaker 2: Now this is amazing for this reason.
Speaker 1: For I don't know how many years I have seen people, even powerful people, even powerful journalists, attempt to take down the Church of Scientology. They've attempted to take them down with documentaries, with in depth reporting about nefarious things happening at the Church of Scientology. They've attempted to name all of the people, David Miscavision, all these people in the leadership at Scientology, and all the celebrities like John Travolta. They've attempted to talk about how the money is wasted, and how they're bullies, and how they threaten people at Scientology. They've done all of these things, none of it, precisely, none of it has been as successful as the trolling of Scientology in the last two weeks. And even that is lea remedy kind of thing.
Speaker 2: She has done so much.
Speaker 1: She hates the Scientology, she was one of them, She's done docuseries about it, she's tried to expose them. But way more people have interacted with the content online that's going viral, where people show up to the Church of Scientology, they open the door and they run in and they see how far they can run. See. I don't know.
Speaker 3: When I look at those videos, I think of people just being annoying and like, do you think their point in life by making these videos is to expose the Church of Scientology or just to do a thing where we're like, hey, we're seeing how far we can run into this ridiculous place before we get escorted out.
Speaker 1: Probably more of that one, but I think that it's having more of an impact on Scientology than anybody could guess. Now here's one of the latest videos. I'm rolling this here. I can't play the audio because they curse. The Church of Scientology has an officer outside and they have removed the door handles from the door of this particular entrance here. They have removed the handles off of the door because people were opening the door and running into the Church of Scientology's building and go it. They try to see how far they could run through all the hallways, and what they could discover is they go there and it's become so annoying to the people at the Church of Scientology. They've had to put security up. They have a giant thing locking the door from the inside, and they have removed the handles to the Church of Scientology to stop this grand incursion. Buddy Jesus can't run through there with his friends. Jeah, it was yesterday Jesus hauled ass and pop through the Scientology plays with a couple of his friends. And then I've seen other ones here. Okay, this is hang on. I also don't want to play the audio on all this because mostly young people showing up and this is them trying to again. They try to open the door, they try to go up in there. There's a bunch of people like locking arms in the Opsit that can't be real.
Speaker 2: This is people showing.
Speaker 1: Up outside the church's Scientology and showing people gathering by the door. But that when they show the person poking their head through the window, it just that's fake. That's that's a dummy. That's that's gonna be a dummy right there. But some of these are legit. And here's another one. Now there's somebody who's dressed up as I don't even know what they are, like some sort of evil creature, and they're playing freaking music on top of the HQ for Scientology and Clearwater, Florida.
Speaker 3: All right, the music is terrible, This is very very bad. I don't know that person actually knows how to play the cello.
Speaker 1: I don't know what what noise is coming out of the instrument that they're playing. But they are trolling Scientology as well by jumping on top of the HQ for Scientology in Clearwater, Florida and playing their instruments in this weird way in some sort of form of protest or whatever. Summit Girls says more stupidity. The dumbing down of America is still in the making, maybe, but I think this really has caused more of a real world impact.
Speaker 2: Than almost anything else.
Speaker 1: Like, imagine for a second, do you think the people at the Church of Scientology are annoyed and put off by this?
Speaker 3: Because I do, Well, yeah, I think any business that this is happening too would be annoyed and put put off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: I think, like you have to think, is this is this as annoying as it is?
Speaker 1: Is this ave in some way actually bothering Scientology?
Speaker 2: Are there closed door meetings going on? I think so, I really do.
Speaker 1: Johnny says it's a demonic noid that's playing the instrument whatever character this is.
Speaker 2: The noise is just so bad. I can't even take the noise.
Speaker 1: But that's what has been happening to the Church of Scientology. Effective or not effective. Let us know what you think about these protests that continue over there and they're running.
Speaker 2: In through the doors.
Speaker 1: They're doing all sorts of stuff to go after the Church of Scientology. Give us your thoughts on that real quick. Before the break, I wanted to share this with you because this is an unbelievable story. I will put this up on see it now, I promise. But everybody is getting a warning right now. A man in India was trying to withdraw some money from a bank account. All right. He went to the bank, this guy in India, and he said, I'd like to withdraw two hundred and eleven dollars or the equivalent from my sister's bank account. And the bank goes, we can't do anything about this, all right, We're not able to do anything about this. And the guy goes, this is please, my sister has passed away. I need you to give me the money that's left in her account's two hundred and eleven dollars and I need this money. He kept visiting the bank. The bank said we with nothing we could do about this. He said, my sister died in January at twenty twenty six, and they go, no, we're not giving you the money.
Speaker 2: He brought his dead sister to the bank. I kid you not.
Speaker 1: He legitimately, this man brought his dead sister to the bank.
Speaker 3: I mean, get my screenshot right now. Who's been dead for three months plus, has been dead for three months? Yes, celend she's been dead for three months. He brought her too at the bank. I just got a screenshot for see it now. And he just carries her in. I don't even know what to make of this? But what does the bank make of it? I just give the man the money. For God's sake. He brings the sister, the deceased sister to the bank.
Speaker 2: G two. Munda is the guy's name, just in case you're wondering.
Speaker 1: J E E t U Munda m o U m u n da fifty years old.
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 1: He took this step out of frustration, out of repeated visits to the bank where they told him we cannot do anything. We can't give you this money. We need proof that she's dead. And he said, prove that she's dead. She died in January and the said, no, Sarah, we need proof, and he brought her body in.
Speaker 3: Been a real son of a bitch if he walked that skeleton up there after three months and they went, well, we can't prove that that's her, so we're going to keep.
Speaker 1: That two hundred and eleven American dollars. What this far? For God's sake, he says, I'm putting this up right now. I want you to go take a look when you get an opportunity over on see it now in the news junkie app take a peek at that this man brought his dead sister to the bank because I kept refusing him the money. It's over on the website and to see it now section quick break. When we come back, we'll get it all this Jimmy Kimmel drama. What's going on? Is Jimmy Kimmel about to get fired again? What's happening with that? More of your feedback and emails on the way updates in the White House correspondence situation, and so much more so.
Speaker 2: I'll come it up next in the news junky.
Speaker 1: I like to think we have a pretty wide spread of types.
Speaker 2: Of people who listen to the news Junkie, Like there are.
Speaker 1: People different different backgrounds from political leanings, you know. I get all sorts of emails, people who agree, who disagree.
Speaker 2: People are young people who are old.
Speaker 1: There's people who are, you know, eighty years old, nine years old who listened to this show, and then there are young people who listen to this show who emailed me all the time. I very rarely ever see everybody kind of coming together on one thing. But I can tell you Celine, without a shadow of a doubt, no one cares about the King of England. No one cares the King of England has arrived in the United States of America to talk to the American people, and I asked everybody in Chat during the break, and literally nobody cares. They've tried to like foist the British royal family on Americans for so long after Princess Diana's death. People cared about Princess Diane, I think to a certain extent, and liked her. They were in the Princess Diana. They were interested in what was going on in their life. But after that, I think Americans just generally don't care about the Royal fan They try to make the Megan Markle thing and headlines all the time.
Speaker 2: They try to tell us what's.
Speaker 1: Going on with Harry and William and all of the people, and I every single time.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I don't think anybody cares.
Speaker 1: I don't. I never talk about it on the show for this exact reason. I just don't think people care. I think is in America to speak to us, and nobody cares. The people that care are like people that came here from England, you know, like people that lived there at some point, grew up on that and then maybe moved over here for work or family stuff. Or whatever.
Speaker 3: I've had British friends that you know, give a little bit more you know, time and energy to what goes on with the Royal family than the rest of us.
Speaker 1: I mean, I wonder if that is still true to this day. Like I feel like so many people and somebody says hate brings people together kind of in a way, but I think much more. No, here's the thing. I don't think they care enough. Those people care enough to hate the Royal Family. Probably there just don't care. Yeah, I don't think they're just completely disconnected. Like if somebody said, Sean, the King is coming, the King of England. He's coming, the King of the British Empire, and he's going to be in your neighborhood. I would go, No, I'm good. I think I'm going to watch something on Netflix instead. I don't have.
Speaker 2: Any interest at all, And who care.
Speaker 3: I would go if it did not inconvenience me terribly, you know, I would go.
Speaker 1: Just to see just for the pope and circumstance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, parts of it are kind of interesting, but only to a point, Like you know, what would.
Speaker 2: You rather see? I'll throw this out to everybody.
Speaker 1: Would you be more interested in going to see the Pope or the king Pope. I'd see the Pope too. Yeah, and I'll tell you this for a dumb reason. I'd just rather see the popemobile. I'd rather see the pope moving around in the popemobile and the what's going on with the Pope? And I think I could be interested in that more so than I would the big fat supper after you know.
Speaker 3: The king came at a really weird time for us, being as there was just a recent shooting attempt and I read an article last night where they're like, Hey, this this a deaf person or this person who like does the reading of the lips. Tried to tell everybody what the President of the United States, President Trump and the King of England were like whispering to each other when he got there.
Speaker 2: Oh, really do they What did they find out?
Speaker 1: What he was?
Speaker 2: What they were saying?
Speaker 3: What was Let me look up the thing, because I think one of the first things I mentioned was like, so I heard you're almost got a show yesterday?
Speaker 1: How was that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You're doing okay. King Charles is expected to say timing again, our two countries have always found ways to come together.
Speaker 2: During his address to the US, Congress later on, which.
Speaker 3: Is wildly ironic, wildly ironic, because isn't he here to commemorate the fiftieth birthday of America?
Speaker 1: So yeah, I think so. It is strangely enough, literally because of the separation between the two. Yeah, it's literally because of the you know, the diametrically opposed vibes between people who went over to America and the royal family in England. So many years ago people rejected it. Then Americans have kept that hate for two hundred and fifty years. We move our hate all around, the target moves all over the place, but apparently we have kept our focus on the fat fingered King.
Speaker 2: Now, if there's.
Speaker 1: Anybody out there that's like, no, I'm actually interested, Sean, I would like to hear what the King has to say, and if if he was in my neighborhood, it we go. I'm going to open up the email to you tips of the news Junkie dot com or the dispatches. If you have something to say, let us know, bring us in on the action. Send a dispatch over at the news Junkie dot com.
Speaker 3: Now this is on the New York Post and it says this lip reader they had the name Nikola, somebody says President Trump brought up both Saturday night shoot at the White House correspondence dinner and Russian President Vladimir Putin within minutes of King Charles the Third and Queen Camilla arriving at the White House Monday to kick off their historic state visit. And I don't have a video of this, so I can't tell if they're being serious or they're just being like a little cheeky. But Trump said this shooting, he appeared to tell the British King after exchanging greetings, and Charles supposedly quipped in response, I'd rather not stand about here too long. I feel like I shouldn't be here. President Trump then asked if Charles was okay, before saying it's not a good thing according to this forensic lip reading expert and analyst at lip Reader.
Speaker 1: I like how we have forensic lip reading analysts on the news in twenty twenty six. That's something question, though, because I don't know if you're looking at this or you're seeing photos of them. When the King comes to Washington, d C. In the United States of America, does he have his crown or he does not know he's wearing a suit. Okay, so he doesn't wear like the crown and you know, like the scepter or whatever. He doesn't bring all that that stuff along with him, which makes it less cool. Honestly, if he would do that, I'd have more respect for him. But I mean, you know, if you think it.
Speaker 3: Is that stuff super expensive, like maybe you don't want to travel with it because of the the potential damage or whatever could come to these very very old British relics that they that they wear around, because you'd think that it would be a welcome addition to the very gold oval office we've got going on right now.
Speaker 1: Bo. Yeah, we got some fancy stuff in there, for sure. A lot of you chemming in on this. Somebody says, are there any no Kings protests today? I don't think so. I don't, which is strange, But yeah, I don't know that. There is a couple of dispatches rolling in. We're going to get to these here just a moment away from now on the show. But I wanted to tell you sometimes they asked the questions that I didn't even think of. But there was this shooting during the White House Correspondence or on Saturday night and we now know what happened to the meals that had been prepared, because nobody ate their meal except for the guy who ate his salad. The guy who ate his salad was there went viral which wolf Blitzer was raving about that salad.
Speaker 3: Said it was that good. I mean it was the wolf Blitzer. I guess there was a I watched John Stewart last night and they were talking about how wolf Blitzer just got on the phone and started reporting from the correspondence dinner, and there was no account of the night's events from wolf Blitzer that did not mention the delicious salad they were having.
Speaker 1: We're having a salad.
Speaker 3: It was really good. A delicious appetizer of a salad. Is on and on about that.
Speaker 2: Here's what they said.
Speaker 1: And you're going to hear a number in this that is going to make your jaw drop at least a little bit. Ready. Gunfire abruptly halted the White House correspondent sinner on Saturday night during the salad course, but he actually ate their meal, which left the Washington Hillton with roughly two thousand, six hundred untouched steak and lobster dinners on its hand. Dam two thousand six hundred. That's insane to me. Two thousand, six hundred dinners, that's a whole lot of lobster. There isn't two thousand, six hundred people there is there. I mean, I wouldn't think they would have enough room for this in the space that they were in. They said roughly two thousand, six hundred untouched steak and lobster dinners that they had on their hands. The White House Correspondents Association president and CBS News reporter we Ja Jiang says staffers didn't let the food go to waste. The Hilton donated the two thousand, six hundred dinners that went unserved at the White House Correspondence dinner. They freeze drive the steak and lobster for longer shelf life before giving them to shelters for abused women and children. Huge thank you to the staff that worked through the night under terrible circumstances. The White House Correspondence Board will be meeting to assess what happened and determine how to proceed.
Speaker 2: They said they've freeze dried it or they FROs them.
Speaker 1: It says they freeze dried the steak and lobster for longer shelf life and gave them to two shelters for abused women.
Speaker 3: And sure, the shelters can just add hot water to these and they'll reconstitute as a meal.
Speaker 1: Like has freeze dried what they do with astronaut ice cream?
Speaker 3: Yeah, except I don't think they actually do that for astronauts. But that's what the that's what they do when they sell astronaut ice cream. And I've seen I'm froze right. Maybe I don't know a hotel like that. I don't know that would have a need to have a freeze dryer. And even if it did have a freeze dryer, which are very expensive, it would take a lot. I don't think that's an overnight ordeal. It would take a long time to freeze dry twenty six hundred meals. It does say you're crazy that the White House Correspondents dinner was attended by approximately twenty six hundred people, So really there was that amount of people there according to what I'm reading, I.
Speaker 1: Did not think the room was that big, but that that's yeah, I guess that's that checks out.
Speaker 3: But like think of you probably don't watch as much food content as I do, or at least as I used to but I've seen a couple food people on YouTube, including Babbish one time, use a borrowed freeze dryer. These are people that get a lot of stuff for free because they make deals with manufacturers. Babish has his own line of knives and pans and all kinds of cookwaar and tiny whisks and stuff. But a freeze dryer is something that was lent to him for one video that he did and then he had to give it back. Because those things that preppers buy, those things, yeah, that probably they must have meant something else, otherwise they probably ruined the food.
Speaker 1: The other question is they're saying Trump has urged that the White House Correspondence dinner be rescheduled within thirty days.
Speaker 2: Is anybody gonna go back?
Speaker 1: You're at this event, some lunatic all hopped up on very political fuel, busts in and tries to kill people there, it tries to shoot up the place, becomes the eleventeenth person to try to kill President Trump unsuccessfully, and now they go, we want to reschedule this for within thirty days.
Speaker 2: Honest question, everybody, do you go back? Yes or no?
Speaker 1: Would you go back if you were there? You were part of this event. There was almost this terrible thing. I mean, it was pretty terrible.
Speaker 3: Anyways, you would have to think that this might be the securest Correspondence dinner. Ever, it's like the plane that after the crash, that airline is going to be so safe you want to believe it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's weird to me that up until this year, I believe Trump has not attended any correspondence dinner. He's like declined to be a part of it. And now that he finally went to one and then it got cut short, he's like, nope.
Speaker 1: We gotta have it again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, was it within thirty days?
Speaker 1: We need to do over. So would you go would you go back if you were at an event like that there was an attack and they rescheduled it, would you say, hey, we need to send a message to people like this, like Snoop Frog says, we can't let these crazy guys run the show. Do you think that legitimately you would go back to an event like that. I don't know that I would. I'm not sure that I would. But we'll see what you think about all of this. Couple of emails coming.
Speaker 3: In, there'll be a handful of people that are gonna say no, and then another big, big, big group of people who will say, Well, President Trump says we should do it. We need to show a united front, just like Snoop Frog said. We can't let the crazies win. You know, we have to have a correspondence dinner.
Speaker 1: Now I know who will Well, Britt Blitzer will come back for the salad, and so with that other guy. They'll come back for it for sure, all right. A couple of emails Real Quick Tips of the Newsjunkie dot Com. Mike emails the show. He's talking about rating people who go to movies. That was discussed on the show yesterday.
Speaker 2: He said, I.
Speaker 1: Would say, if you take people who are mess and make a giant mess at the movie theater and bill them more money, I would say this is more of an Airbnb situation.
Speaker 2: You could set up the rules at the front door of the theater.
Speaker 1: Every time you break one, they find you on your credit card. That crap behavior will stop quick. Maybe I don't know. Maybe some of these people don't have the money to take from them. That's one of the issues. Somebody says to tips to Thethewsjukie dot Com. What has happened to our movie attendance account. It is how many people attended a movie, not how much money the makers brought in. People are not dollars. Attendees only get a seat in a memory. They talk about how we don't talk about movies in terms of how many people bought the seats. We talk about how many people, how much money total came in. And to that person, I'll just tell you, I think that's how it's always been. I think it's I can't remember a time where they said, sold this many tickets this weekend. Well, it's always been the box office take, which is money.
Speaker 3: The number of tickets would be a more inflation proof metro to, you know, to measure that because the tickets are getting more expensive, and how much of that is going towards the movie's bottom line.
Speaker 1: I agree with that, but I don't think we've ever done that before. I don't think that's ever been something that we've done a lot. We've ever counted it.
Speaker 3: Now, real quick about the correspondents dinner. Did you see the video of RFK Junior being hauled off there?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Oh, they a couple of the agents, you know, surrounded RFK Junior and is helping him off this stage or off to the side or whatever, and just left Cheryl Hines in, you know, just behind. She's like like like chasing after them. Nobody's helping her out. And I saw a bunch of people guys he has he has done a lot of things that a lot of women would not be happy with, but she is staying with him somehow even after this, it would seem and the version of the video I saw was like, you know, one hundred percent on point. They they put the curby your Enthusiasm music right at the end there is she was awkwardly following him. Well, he was getting all the help and then she was just left out to fend for herself.
Speaker 1: I still stand by the weirdest thing ever to me is that Dana White of the UFC, his reaction that he was like, it was so exciting, it was so thrilling. I was trying to soak in every second of it. I stand just amazed that there are people who are like that. Like there was an attack, a person tried to kill people, they tried to assassinate the president. I stand amazed that there's anybody out there with a heartbeat that goes, oh my god, it was so excited. I'm not amazed by that.
Speaker 3: I'm not amazed. No, I'm not amazed by that. In the slightest, I think Dana White should have shut his mouth. But I think that in a situation where, yes, something very scary did happen, but he got to watch the Secret Service like jump to it and do the things they're trained for and take control of the situation.
Speaker 2: There is something a little thrilling about that, Isn't there something.
Speaker 1: A little psychopathic about that?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 1: Like the idea, like imagine, imagine it's anything else, anything else, all right, imagine we I actually, I let me make this totally fictitious. Imagine there's some person who's about to go see a movie at the theater and there's a shooting at the theater. Guy comes in, tries to shoot the place up, got a couple of weapons and stuff. Security comes in and busts him. And one person's reaction when they're on the news. One person, I was so scared. One person goes, God, it's so disheartening. It's really unbelievable that people want to engage in violence like this, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Et cetera, et cetera. And then one person goes.
Speaker 1: Man, that was so exciting, that was amazing.
Speaker 2: I was I was trying to take it all in.
Speaker 1: I was really trying to just that seems crazy to me. Sure, that's why I said he should have shut his mouth.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: But I mean you're saying, would you have felt the same way? I mean, I probably would have been scared. It's point, but just like there might have been part of me if I were in the right corner of that building. And uh, you know, people like they compute things different ways. And Dana White, for some reason he had that was a thrill ride for him. But couldn't you have said it this way? See, here's here's my point that couldn't you have said to watch, uh, the Secret Service protect the president was an unbelievable thing to see with my eyes. Yeah, you never see it.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's how exactly how he should have put it.
Speaker 1: Couldn't you say, while it was exciting, it's really kind of unbelievable that people are willing to harm each other for political differences, Like, okay, there was anything, but he acted like he acted like he just got off a ride at epic universe, right, and and that was his response afterwards.
Speaker 3: Remember the movie Independence Day, huh? I Remember when they finally go down into Area fifty one and the long haired crazemo sign entist who's just been like locked down there with the alien bodies for twenty years, is like everything has been so exciting, and the Bill Pullman who plays the President, like lashes out of him like exciting people are dying. Blah blah blah. That's what it is, you know, you just poor choice of words, buddy. All right, assume people think is it exciting? Is that a fair? Is that a fair way to say this? Or is that a strong a stupid way to say it? All right, we'll see what you think about this.
Speaker 1: Let us know, send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 2: So gotta get into the Jimmy Kimmel stuff.
Speaker 1: Fair with me. We will work it into the show today. We have sloth World updates on the way as well, Jury Duty coming up before too Long, and so much more on to share the show Tuesday that's coming up next, and the News junk Ye late, I think you'll agree that this is stupid. See just for the record, all right, but let me bring.
Speaker 2: This up, I could be pretty surprising.
Speaker 1: Well, guess what, buddy, there is a new campaign underway for McDonald's that I've been assured is legitimate. It is actually real, and they have launched the mcmullet. Okay, and the mcmullet is a it's a it's a burger that they have and the cheese hangs off the burger like a mullet hangs off the back of your hair, which is literally the dumbest idea I've ever.
Speaker 3: Stupid, but really is when you look at any example of expectation versus reality next to next to no McDonald's burgers, mcmullets, whatever you want to call them, are going to look like that. And it's I'm not gonna look like that. That That cheese in the picture not even cooked.
Speaker 1: No, it's like a cheese cape and the yeah, somebody says, Bootsy just said at the same time, it's more of a cape. It's like a cheese cape hanging off the burger. And Sea Leng's totally right. It's never gonna be just nicely dangling off this.
Speaker 3: Have they crafted a rectangular like extra long box.
Speaker 1: To put it in so that it continues to hang out.
Speaker 3: Or are they gonna wrap it in the same cheeseburger wrapper and then smash that cheese all over the hot burger and have it just melt into itself.
Speaker 1: I never thought i'd say this, but I think McDonald's is just losing the plot. I think McDonald's is losing the plot and Burger King's opportunity to seize the moment has arrived. Because I'll tell you why in a second. But this says McDonald's. New Zealand rolled out a campaign with the idea of having cheeseburgers with mullets, and they said this cheese just hanging out of the back of this is this there? This is their post about this. Hang on, mis say, can I get this going? This is McDonald's posting this in New Zealand and it's legitimate. This is like an actual thing that they're saying. Behold it says we're making it. Jesus Christ, the mullet lives. Why does does New Zealand have a different April fools? Do they do mayfools? It seems like there would be But no, no, this is legitimate, and I'll tell you why.
Speaker 2: I think this is a moment.
Speaker 1: Here. Hold on, let me go over to this subreddit really quickly. Our slash Burger King has been convinced that there must be some sort of marketing campaign going on with Burger King because all of a sudden, their burgers look like they do on television. And they said, I don't know what's going on here. I don't know how they're doing it. But you go get a whopper and they're like the most photogenic whoppers all of a sudden, All of a sudden, the burger looks like commercial and people go, I don't believe it. I Burger King burgers never looked like this. And then they go themselves over to Burger King and they order one and they're like, son of a bitch, All of a sudden, they have turned things around at Burger King. They have revamped. Look at this, These burgers literally look like the commercials.
Speaker 3: That's because that's what I texted the CEO, you know, when he was asking for suggestions, he was he.
Speaker 1: Was asking for the text messages to UH to change the company. That's that is the black Whopper Star Wars Galaxy Burgery Berger. My ass, that's a black whopper.
Speaker 2: Some of these are some of these suck really impressive. Like, look at that.
Speaker 1: It says obligatory Whopper Wednesday. They have a whopper Wednesday when they post all these things, all of a sudden. At Burger King they have said they've lost the plot. At McDonald's they're putting cheese mullets on their burgers. All we have to do is make them look good again, just all of a sudden, make them look good.
Speaker 2: Put some press into it.
Speaker 1: And there are gorgeous looking burgers coming off the shelves over at Burger King all of a sudden. I think the game has changed. I think it has. Literally all of these there's like they're gorgeous looking burgers that look like the commercial, that aren't smashed into the bag, that aren't all screwed up, that aren't like maybe the turnaround is real. If you've been, or if you go today, send us a photo dispatch.
Speaker 2: All right, I want to see what your your whopper looks like?
Speaker 1: Does it?
Speaker 2: This photo genis.
Speaker 1: Maybe almost just to see.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: They have said that before you would get a whopper, it would be all thrown together, it would look like a catastrophe, but you just eat it because it was good. And now it's as if they whipped them all into shape. And they have said, focus on presentation. We're bringing back burger king baby, it's happening right now. So let me know, give us your experience, and if you go there today, send us a photo. And I have been come on McDonald's. This is your this is your contribution. This is it. This is what you guys got going on. A mullet of cheese that's gonna be all crispy and gross. And what a time, man, what a time to be alive. Send us your dispatches over at thenewschunky dot com.
Speaker 3: Somebody submitted a post in the McDonald's side of Reddit, which I didn't. I guess I'm not surprised that these restaurants have their own subreddits, but I just I guess I just didn't ever think of that as being a place to explore. One month ago, somebody who has a fake sounding name says, I invented a new burger, the mcmullet, And I guess it's just like a short video where he shows that he hung some cheese out the back of his burger and he has a mullet. And I don't know if that was the impetus for this, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a dumb idea.
Speaker 1: I don't get aggravate on YouTube, says Sean must have been passed over on a McDonald's endorsement, sir or ma'am. Probably, sir, I had a McDonald's endorsement at one time, and I have no problem with McDonald's. I think some of their products are what you call perfection. The chicken McNuggets are perfection. The quarter pounder is a gorgeous, gorgeous concoction that they've come up with and perfected over the years. They make some good stuff at McDonald's. But I will never forget when they made me interview Ronald McDonald. That will be something that sticks with me for the rest of my life. Burger King never forced me to interview the King. But when I was new on this station in particular they're listening to now, when I was new on this station, they came in, They're like, oh, we made a deal. We didn't tell you anything about it. We promised McDonald's that we would do this thing. And I go, oh, I don't do that, and they go, look, you don't understand. You have to do this. We made a deal. We told them we would do it. Ronald McDonald is here in the house now. I remember Selane watching me through the window of his studio like he was so happy to see me squirm, squirming and pretending like I was interviewing Ronald McDonald on the radio.
Speaker 3: In full outfit, full full makeup. Yeah yeah, And then I couldn't do anything. I couldn't twist and turn like I always do. Like I couldn't call the person out and ask them questions out of character.
Speaker 2: Nope, couldn't do it.
Speaker 3: There like busy, you know, housing the families of cancer kids, damn.
Speaker 1: It, they do so all right, I'm gonna give you this McDonald's. That's a great charity, all right, that's a great charity. My family has benefited from that charity personally. We stayed at Ronald McDonald's house when my sister was very, very sick, years and years and years ago. I salute you McDonald's, like I said, you have really good stuff, but Burger King was so far behind, and all of a sudden they're popping off.
Speaker 2: So I do want to see it today. If you go get a.
Speaker 1: Whopper, No, no, don't do any work to it, just open it up and present it to us with a photo dispatch, and I want to see if they really are upping their game on these things. They really put some extra effort into this and sort of looks Max the Whopper a bit. So do that for us today. Maybe we'll get at least one of these. Somebody go through the drive through, get one and show us a photo of what it looks like and if it is that photogenic, because the ones they're posting online this night and day from what they used to look like they're making a comeback. Baby.
Speaker 3: I mean, then part of me is tempted to just hop on door dash or uber eats and have a whopp percent here, but I just always would rather have McDonald's.
Speaker 1: I walk.
Speaker 2: It's fair, I understand, I understand it, but I.
Speaker 1: Don't want them to mullet. Yeah. I want to know at least if there's a comeback in the works here, So let us know what you think. If you see that, go to the news Junkie dot com and set it's a dispatch right now. When we come back, I'll finally get into the Jimmy Kimmel story. I'll play the audio that sparked this controversy. We got sloth World updates after that, we got conspiracy theories galore.
Speaker 2: We've got a lot to.
Speaker 1: Get to on a busy share the show Tuesday, and that's coming up now.
Speaker 2: Somebody use chunk key.
Speaker 1: I said, I saw somebody complaining the other day and they I don't know if I wrote down their exact way of phrasing this. Let me see if I can find this here. But I saw somebody complaining about getting a new apartment and the person said, how in the hell do apartments charge pet fees but not children fees? And I thought to myself on my quells, I mean, it's kind of a good point. If you're gonna have a dog or a cat inside your apartment when you're getting a new place, you got to go through this whole process and like clear them. Sometimes you have to put dog poop on file, so if your dog poops in the neighborhood, they can track you down. Yeah, insane ya DNA. You have to pay, like sometimes you have to pay extra monthly to pay security deposits. You got to pay all this extra stuff. You have to pay more if you want to have a cat or a dog with you in your apartment and you can have a kid and there's no extra fees at the apartment.
Speaker 3: Do you think the places or how often do you think the places that require you to put a fecal sample on you know, you know, on file there to check in case the dogs are pooping in the neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Not often do you think they actually go through with that. I think a lot of times it's probably a threat, would be my guest. But I think some places do it. I don't know, I haven't confirmed that. I think some places do it. I think it's more difficult to have a pet in an apartment that it is. You're like, they're like, you got three kids, all right.
Speaker 3: I was in I was in a high rise downtown years and years ago, not the one that you lived in, a different one. And it was a guy that had an apartment there, he had a condo there, and he, you know, we had all been out at the bar and so he invited a bunch of us over afterwards, and there were a couple people on the balcony smoking cigarettes and he told them like, hey, just you know, put it in a beer bottle or put it in And he didn't have an ash tray, maybe because he I don't think he smoked, but make sure you dispose of it. Don't flick it off the balcony, because they have cameras that will identify which unit flicked the cigarettes off the balcony. And I go, are they watching that closely? That's a lot. Yeah, I knew it was a high tech place. There's a place downtown is a place where the movie theater was that same like a group of buildings right there, and I knew it was a little more high tech than some of the others. They had like your your thumb print got you in the door, and if your if they did your thumb print once you hit it, once you headed to the elevator, it had like your favorite TV station would pop up on it. Like too much, man, it's a little bit of an unneeded luxury. But they wanted to make you feel fancy for all the money that you're spilled on this place.
Speaker 1: And so it was like that's.
Speaker 3: One of the things, you know, we got the cameras watching your balconies suns stage.
Speaker 1: John says, Oh my god, apartments charge more per person. I don't. I don't think that's true, is it? And if you go to an apartment, you pay the fee for the apartment in the square footage that it is. So one bedroom costs as much two bedroom whatever, but it doesn't cost more per person that's living in there with you. As far as I know, I could be wrong about that. I haven't gotten an apartment in quite some time. You know, we've been living at the house for a while. But when I got my place, you would have to pay at a lot of places, you would have to pay a pet fee for sure, you'd have to check your pet, and you have to give them all the information.
Speaker 2: But kids is just like, all right, bring them along, nothing extra.
Speaker 3: I always wonder because whenever I get a hotel room, I like, I specify how many people are going to be in the room with me. But I don't think that affects the price, right, I.
Speaker 2: Don't think so.
Speaker 1: I think it's just you have one price for the actual room itself. B m X contests comparing ownership to being a parent is asinine.
Speaker 2: I think you're missing the.
Speaker 1: Point entirely, and somebody else says a big one says children are human.
Speaker 2: You're making the point entirely.
Speaker 1: Which one do you think is more likely to do damage to an apartment that you're gonna rent out a person with a dog or a cat or a person with a kid. Which one of those do you think is going to do more damage to the apartment that you're renting out to these people for let's say a year or two years or three years or whatever. Which one of those things do you think is gonna do more damage? I mean, maybe it depends on how young the child is. Because it's a little kid, it's gonna do more damage probably than like a cat or like a little dog is I would guess.
Speaker 3: Because you're thinking for cats and dogs of the like accidents happening right you're thinking of is it going to go to the bathroom on the floor the one's these antoosies, whereas a kid is just gonna be spilling a bunch of stuff. It's it's similar cleanup for at least the one thing. But I can see where at least a small child the the the potential damage is similar.
Speaker 1: Jackson must be a really good little kid. He must be like the sweetest little guy. Sometimes kids, like SSM says, one hundred percent, kids are more destructive. Kids like grab on everything, knock things down right on the walls, move all over the place like kids are crazy. I love them. I love them, but they're crazy little destructive forces. If you were going to talk about which one would potentially do more damage to an apartment if you were renting out the apartment to somebody, I would think that the kid would do more damage on average than the little dog or cat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I think that it's super hard to say. I know right now that, uh, there's there's one part of my house that my dog does a lot of damage too, because when she wants to go out, she scratches at the door, and so there's like always like scratches down that one little part of dry wall up that we try to you know, clean up every now and then when when company comes over.
Speaker 2: But it's hard. That's pretty common.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 3: Also Jackson, my two year old, he's got a toy excavator and he's learning to say excavator, which is adorable. But also when he plays with it, he just like runs it up and down the wall, and I'm like, it's just excavating the agreeable gray right off that right off that wall. I mean, he hasn't caused like a whole bunch of damage that would be expensive. But then the others a Lexi, but.
Speaker 1: Patrick says, obviously depends on the dog. I'm generally speaking, all right, we were talking about this. We're saying, generally speaking, what's the bigger outcome here? Is it gonna be worse for a kid or an animal or a pet that you have. Dennis on YouTube comes at this from some experience and says, hold on, this chat is movie too fast? Now?
Speaker 3: Dennis said, it's kids. Hold on, where did it go? I work in an apartment complex. It's definitely kids eighty percent of the time. Yeah, I work on an apartment complex. It's definitely kids eighty percent of the time.
Speaker 1: If you have children and they're of that particular age, they're running wild, man, They're like and not even Jackson's age yet. I would say, if you have kids in there, six seven, eight, not right in there. That's why I threw the question at them and Seela and answered this for me, all right, And I think I know where you would go on this. If you had to live in a neighborhood were every one of your neighbors, or maybe even more specifically an apartment complex. But if you had to live in a neighborhood where every one of your neighbors had a dog or everyone in your neighbors had a kid of that age. Would you choose the dog neighborhood or would you choose the kid neighborhood? I don't know. I feel like I live in like a mixture of both. Given that if you had, like every single neighbor I either had a dog or a kid, I think I'm going to take the dog neighborhood again. All of this sounds like an anti kid screen. I love kids, I love families. I think it's all great kids. I do think it's fair to point out, like when you go into are you.
Speaker 3: Not going to come to Jackson's third birthday? Because I think we've landed on a theme for this year.
Speaker 1: I'm ready.
Speaker 2: I'm ready to go.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 3: I had a good time at the last one, a good time at Octoberfest. I did for nothing but a three thing?
Speaker 1: Oh I like it? So is that you?
Speaker 3: Was that you or your wife? There is both of us. It was kind of a combined deal. That's good work. I think she might have landed on it first.
Speaker 1: I mean, I will be at nothing but a three thing. I will and I don't have any problems with kids. I love them. I'm just saying it's a fair point to say you have to pay a security deposit for a dog or a cat, but people can bring like three eight year olds into the neighborhood and there's nothing. It's just like, all right, fine, I feel like that does more damage to the place that's being rented out. Let me know if you think I'm wrong, send a dispatch over the news junkie dot com or email tips t ips at thenewsjunkie dot com. You're gonna kill me today, you folks. I know I've been talking about the Kimmel thing and haven't gotten into it. Don't worry. It's next. I promise you if it's not next. If it's not next, I will eat my hat live on the stream. All right, it's gonna get the fallon before he gets the Kimmel. If it's not next, I will eat my hat live on the stream. I promise you. It's coming up next. I'm gonna use junkie. And there's distractions everywhere sea land right now. What are the distractions is they just keep throwing random questions at me and try to see if they could distract me. The question like somebody said, did you just see the clip that's going viral of the politician ilhan Omar. She didn't know what world War two is. She said world War eleven, and I said, yeah, I think I might be old or something, but I think I've seen that before.
Speaker 2: And the question pull it up.
Speaker 1: The question was which one is more valuable to learn in twenty twenty six, cursive or Roman numerals, And I said, that's not even close, Like it's obvious. Still, cursive is the important thing to know. Even though her not knowing Roman numerals made her think, here's the clip that World War eleven. I guess was a thing the politician ilhan Omar.
Speaker 8: The last time the Alien Enemies Act was invoked, it was used to detain and deport German Japanese Italian immigrants doing World War eleven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not the right one, man, We're not there yet.
Speaker 3: Eleven would be a dystopian thought. At some point, you don't want to count any war. I do have a lot of answers on the texting service about this kids versus dogs thing.
Speaker 1: All right, hang on real quick, but I said emphatically, you only need to know Roman numerals and Roman numerals versus cursive, Cursive for World Wars, so you don't make that dumb mistake. World Wars, Olympics, super Bowls, and I.
Speaker 2: Think that's it.
Speaker 1: Maybe wrestle Mania or something, but cursive just quite obviously seems more important, so I can bat that issue out of the way quickly.
Speaker 2: That's not going to distract me enough.
Speaker 1: I don't think either of them are that important. Well, cursive, Yeah, I mean people are getting around fine without cursive in twenty twenty six, that's for sure, But I think it would be more useful to know that. Well, what are they saying on the taxi service about the the other.
Speaker 3: Question animals versus dogs? Animals versus dogs, the animals versus kids question?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, because I was talking about how this person was complaining, they said, if I want to get a new apartment, I have to file all sorts of paperwork and I have to pay a whole bunch of extra fees to have my little cat or dog in my apartment. But then my neighbor could just move in with four kids and there's nothing. And I said, well that is kind of screwed. Yeah, it was weird.
Speaker 3: I'm hearing from a lot of landlords and what do you think they say is worse?
Speaker 1: Okay, I said to me, it seems like a young child of the right destructive age than eight, nine years old, ten years old would be way more destructive to an apartment you're renting out. A young child will be more destructive on average than a dog would be on that same apartment that you were renting out. Somebody, But what did the actual landlord say? What did they say there?
Speaker 3: I mean, there's a reason why there isn't a fee for kids and there is one for animals. They're saying dogs or cats all day. Really, I'm saying, like, what did this one person say? Well, first of all, somebody said people are much more willing to treat their animals badly than their kids. Yes, I've had to clean out some apartments that had pets after the renter moved out and have seen the most vile conditions. Sure, kids can be a menace, but I've never cleaned a house with kids and found a closet full of.
Speaker 1: S Yeah, that's true. I agree that's true. But is that is that your average experience? Because let's say on one side of this decision, you have one hundred apartments, all of them have the same little dog in it, and how many of those outcomes is a closet full of poop? Not that many? Right, Most people are decent, Most people take care of their pads, most people keep up after And.
Speaker 3: I think if you've been a landlord for any number of properties, you will find that there are some renters that just suck, unless you're renting out a very expensive, very nice property. It's it's sort of like your cruise argument, where you know, discount cruises bring discount people.
Speaker 1: I agree, I agree with past Sean. I think that's an accurate claim. We're getting out of the bottom of these things today here on the show. But yeah, I mean I want to hear from more of you who actually do work in leasing or landlords and stuff to say if you think that I'm right that it would be more destructive if you were, like if you're renting out your apartments, say you have a place. Here's the best way to visualize this. You have a place with one hundred apartments, one hundred apartments that you can rent out, and you can either rent them out to one hundred people with little dogs and cats or one hundred people with young kids, and then afterwards You're going to look at these one hundred apartments after the year lease, and which one is going to be more damaged, the one hundred that you rented out to people with little dogs and cats or the one hundred that you rented out with people with little kids. And I want to know what the actual landlords are thinking about them. But I did not forget about the topic du jour. All right, I'm not eating my hat. It ain't gonna work on me today, folks, because Jimmy Kimmel is in the sites once more. He made a joke and the joke was about Malania Trump. And now after the White House Correspondence dinner shooting where somebody tried to kill Trump, it looks like, now.
Speaker 3: This joke aired the Thursday before the correspondence dinner. Correct, Yes, this was before the event.
Speaker 1: And this was Jimmy Kimmel kind of pretending to do his own thing because it says all American White House Correspondents dinner anything like his podium set up.
Speaker 3: I didn't see the whole thing, but I think the bit was hey, for this Correspondence dinner, they've hired a mentalist instead of a comedian to roast everybody so I am going to with my experience in comedy, and when I experience, I think he's done a correspondence dinner before. I am going to offer my services right now and roast everybody a couple days before this event actually happens.
Speaker 2: All right, here's the joking question.
Speaker 1: Let's see what we think about this and start judging. And now they're after Jimmy Kimmel for his job. I'll give you the background on that too, But here's the joke. Okay, far you've come thirty years ago.
Speaker 7: You're just some rich guy on Jeffrey Epstein's private jet out of Teeterborough. But you worked hard, you stayed friends, you shared some wonderful secrets, and because of that, you're able to fly on that plane seven more times. Dreams really do come true.
Speaker 1: All right, they like cut away, that's pretty funny, and they show a reaction of like Trump and the audience. Of course they're like this is all fake. They're setting this up, like he's doing a pretend thing. I like dog the bouty hunter.
Speaker 2: Fake reactions.
Speaker 7: And of course our first lady Malania is here. Look at well, it's so beautiful, missus Trump. You have a glow like an expectant widow.
Speaker 1: All right, you have a glow like an expectant widow was the line. And then I guess afterwards, saying you have a glow like an expectant widow is implying that, you know, I guess he wanted to Trump to be assassinated or something. He obviously did not know this was going to happen, and it's ridiculous to think that he would have known.
Speaker 2: This ahead of time.
Speaker 1: But he said, you have a glow like an expectant widow. That's what started this. Then the first Lady Malania Trump, she posted this. Kimmel's hateful and violent rhetoric is intended to divide our country. His monologue about my family isn't comedy. His words are corrosive and deepens the political sickness within America. People like Kimmel shouldn't have the opportunity to enter our homes each evening to spread Hey, remember Kimmel's on broadcast. He's on ABC, so that is governed by the FCC. This is the first Lady Malania Trump saying this a coward. Kimmel hides behind ABC because he knows the network will keep running cover to protect him. Enough is enough. It is time for ABC to take a stand. How many times will ABC's leadership enable Kimmel's atrocious behavior at the expense of our community. So that was what the First Lady said after Kimmel called her, he said, she looked like an expectant widow. I think that was the actual joke. Had the glow of an expectant widow? Yeah, had the glow of an expectant widow. Then the White House responded, this was the next level of this. Let's see what the White House said. Here we go.
Speaker 9: Much of the manifesto of the would be assassin is indistinguishable from the words that we hear daily from so many For example, as the First Lady of the United States pointed out this morning, just two days prior to the shooting, ABC's late night host Jimmy Kimmel disgustingly called First Lady Malania Trump an expectant widow who, in their right minds, as a wife, would be glowing over the potential murder of her beloved husband. And having experienced what I did with the First Lady on Saturday night, I can tell you that she was anything but that. This kind of rhetoric about the President, the First Lady and his supporters is completely deranged and it's undebelievable that the American people are.
Speaker 1: Consuming it night after night after night.
Speaker 9: As President Trump said on Saturday night at this podium, we as Americans must recommit ourselves to resolving our differences peacefully, in uniting around the shared values that make our country great. The deranged lies and smears against the President, his family, his supporters have led crazy people to believe crazy things, and they are inspired to commit violence because of those words.
Speaker 2: So in a way I agree with some of this.
Speaker 1: It's like I agree that people are right now, the very political people are way to radicalize. I believe we legitimately have people who want to see the people that they disagree with dead and so bad.
Speaker 2: Like to me, that's just so bad.
Speaker 3: But do you think they're radicalized by the Tonight Show or by the whatever Jimmy Kimmel show is late night, or whether.
Speaker 1: They're radicalized by one of like many many voices in this se of voices, or or maybe a combination of like all of the voices together. I think they are radicalized by by the information warfare, as Alex Jones might put it, that is underway. I think they are. I think people are radicalized by that. But I don't think that anybody that I've seen, I don't care left, right or wherever. I don't think anybody is turning down the temperature. So it's not that this is only coming from one side. This absolutely there's these ferocious politicians whipping people up and saying disgusting things and aggressive things and using language it's like got violence.
Speaker 2: Packed into it. But nobody is.
Speaker 1: Backing off of this. It's like there's not just a one way street here. It's certainly bigger than that. Andjimmy Kimmel's line was, I mean, I don't look, do you think it was about assassinations?
Speaker 3: I don't think it was about what he said, because it was about based on the fact that Trump's eighty No, I don't, I don't know them. Let me hear him explain it. I want to give him the benefit of doubt. Let me hear what he said. Here's Jimmy Kimmel trying to explain his joke.
Speaker 7: Good morning, and the first lady puts out the statement demanding you be fired from your job.
Speaker 1: We've all been there, right, You've been there, right, Girmo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what did that?
Speaker 1: Germo guy, he's a wild one. Yeah, Girol, the clock is Yeah, you gotta know.
Speaker 2: What's going on around there.
Speaker 1: Look, if there's somebody expendable around the uh, what's the name is it?
Speaker 2: Jimmy Kimmel liive is the name of the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if there's somebody expendable, Girmo, it could be.
Speaker 7: They had to cancel the White House Correspondence dinner at Washington on Saturday night after a man with multiple and knives crashed the party and may have shot a Secret service offerer. Fortunently, the guy who's wearing a bulletproof vest and is okay. They're not sure exactly what happened, but they got the guy who was charged.
Speaker 1: Today. No one was hurt, thank goodness.
Speaker 7: A lot of people were shaken up on a night that is supposed to be lighthearted. The White House Correspondent sneer, if you don't.
Speaker 2: Know, it used to be mysel.
Speaker 1: I mean, all of this is him talking about, Hey, this is bad, it shouldn't happen. Don't see him kind of ruining it on there. But I want to see him explaining the joke a little.
Speaker 7: So on Thursday, three days before the event. In order to keep that Cherish tradition alive, I did my own version of the correspondence dinner on my show. I put on a tuxedo. We pretended we had an audience of luminaries. We used old footage of the trumps of Pete Hegseth Kadie, Van's kid Rock Vanilla Eyes. All the members of his cabinet talked about it, and we made it seem like they were all together in a room.
Speaker 1: We had a little roast again this is okay, all right, Yeah, Thursday, and there was.
Speaker 7: No big reaction to it until this morning, when I agreeted the day facing yet another Twitter vomit storm and a call to fire me from our first Lady, Malania Trump, saying I should be fired because of a joke I made again five nights ago. It was a pretend roast. I said, our first Lady Malania is here. Look at her so beautiful, missus Trump, you'll have a glow like an expectant widow, which obviously was a joke about their age difference and the look of joy we see on her face every time they're together.
Speaker 1: It was a very light roast joke about.
Speaker 7: The fact that he's almost eighty and she's younger than I am.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's really where he was going.
Speaker 1: To begin with. I don't know. I mean, it's impossible, like you can't get into somebody's sad to know if that was the motivation for the joke he was making.
Speaker 3: If somebody made that joke about Joe Biden, would you assume that it was an age related thing.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think it's different with Trump, just because so many people have tried to kill him, you know. I think that just because so many people have done the attempt at assassination thing and failed, and we now have this latest one. Now, the thing that's unfair is like we're talking about this with the Monday morning quarterback side of this in effect, because we know that there was a shooting, but he didn't know that there was going to be a shooting. So it clouds the way that you look at the joke itself.
Speaker 3: Oh that's another thing. This aired on Thursday. We had well, the correspondents dinner was what Sunday night, Saturday night, Saturday Saturday night, all right, So we had all a Friday and Saturday, you know, most of Saturday to be outraged without there being a shooting attempt, then there was nothing, and there was you know, zilch no.
Speaker 1: No, And just like there would have been no reaction to the White House Press secretary saying shots will be fired exactly yeah, and then until afterwards, shots happened to be fired tonight. So the way I think about all of this is, and I'm different than maybe many of you are. Have I give a lot of leeway to jokes. I really don't care. I think the moment you start getting upset by jokes is the moment you kind of lost the plot a little bit and you could say, well, Kimble's not telling jokes anymore, he's political now. It's like that's true to a certain extent, but is that the war that you want to engage in? And sort of to sea Lan's point too, like if we went down the list of people who radicalize this guy or the people who he was influenced by, do we really think that Jimmy Kimmel was in the mix there? I don't see that as being the case. Maybe I'm crazy.
Speaker 3: I don't see the people the handful of people that have you know, showed up somewhere where they knew President Trump was going to be and tried to attack him physically, you know, tried to assassinate him. I don't see them citing their sources as strictly Jimmy Kimmel. Well, you know a lot of these people end up in like crazy discords and stuff like that, some streamer, some darker corner of the internet where there's not a studio audience that's laughing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, yeah. I mean I think, to me, it's it's like, it's not that big of a deal. I also don't think that the first lady wrote that all on her own. But and here's where I diverge a little bit, like I do think that comedians should be allowed to be offensive and edgy and and even say.
Speaker 2: Stuff that is messed up because I think it's hilarious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too. I mean, I can't pretend I can't like clutch curls. I like, I like jokes like that.
Speaker 3: I really love Anthony Jesselnick because my gosh, does he you know, cross the line habitually and just say a lot of dark stuff. I can separate reality from that stuff.
Speaker 1: But for all the people who are Trump supporters are on the right, Like, isn't and this is one of the things you were kind of going against the policing of comedy and people coming in and saying, you know, Dave Chappelle can make this joke, but he can't make this joke, and people attacking Dave Chappelle for some of the comedy that he put forth, And like, I tried not to be hypocritical. I try to be consistent about things. Over over, like a wide variety of different reactions that you're judging, And for me, I'm like, why will we care about this at all? Like I want comedians to push buttons. I want comedians to be I want them to be offensive. I want them I don't want the policing of all of this stuff. And I think that's what this seems like like overall. Isn't maybe I'm insane. Isn't the problem the guy who tried to shoot the president, not the the late night joke? Right? Isn't the problem that we have an appetite for people getting murdered or or harmed that we disagree with, and that people are so radicalized instead of the jokes. I think that's such a side show. It doesn't really matter to me. But it is absolutely hilarious to me that the guy who was the shooter on Saturday for the White House Correspondence Winner, they unearthed a bunch of his posts from social media, and one of his posts in particular sticks out to me. His name was Cold Force on social media, and one of the guys posts is the person who attempted to kill the president at the White House Correspondence Center was a post where he showed Trump's ear and it says, how do you get shot with no scar? The idea that a person that was an assassination attempt denier became a person who tried to assassinate the president is just something to take in. This guy was a conspiracy theorist about other assassination attempts on President Trump, and now he's the one who went and was pulling the trigger and tried to do it. That to me, I don't know that seems more concern. But tell me where you're at on this. I think when we get into joke policing, we've kind of lost the plot a little bit. I don't think I care about that, and I don't think most people do. I think you should probably just ignore those people moving forward. But give me her thoughts on this It tips at the News Joki Dot Commerce Center Dispatch.
Speaker 3: What do you think was worse that joke or the one that actually got him pulled by Sinclair. I think the one with that got him pulled by Sinclair.
Speaker 1: I think he was being more dishonest about what was happening there. I think this joke, I can understand the joke, and I understand whether he's telling the truth or not, it's a different thing. But if he's saying it's about the age or whatever, which makes more sense that he didn't know there was going to be a shooting going on, that's that's really not that bad at all, even if it was about assassination attempts, Like I have to think about it. If there was a comedian on stage Sea Lane, and the comedian when Biden was in office was making fun of that, I'll take Shane Gillis, who I think is quite funny. Shane Gillis had a joke about how Biden was the first president that you could assassinate with a punch, and it was a funny joke, and it was a part of a funny bit that Shane Gillis had, And I bet people who would be upset by these words, and these jokes probably wouldn't be upset by that. So yeah, I mean, I somebody points out being the joke police. I don't think being in the joke police is a position of winning. I think that's kind of a stupid thing. I think you should just ignore that. But let us know what you feel. Send us a dispatcher an email. We'll get to those in just a moment when we come back. I don't have to eat my hat now I don't have for you. Thank god. Jury duty is on the way. Your slow world update is in jury Duty. I've got more updates on this and the indictment against the White House correspondent shooter at some point.
Speaker 2: Oh good god. All right, quick break, We're back with more.
Speaker 1: It's coming up next in the news junkie. All right, I want some of your feedback to work into this segment. There's also a couple other things I wanted to work in before we get to jury duty. So let's see what we can make some time for right now. One thing that I thought was pretty great, we'll do a good and a bad here was that in Texas they recently found out, especially in Dallas, that they put through the state's first cell phone band for public schools in Texas and as a result of the Texas State Cell Phone Band for public schools, they have seen as so many other places, have really good responses. They have seen attention for kids soaring in class. They've seen other things like library book checkouts. Library book checkouts are exploding because as the kids put away their phones in class and in school, they're looking for something anything else to do without their cell phones. And they said there's been a significant increase in Dallas, Texas in particular, and library book checkouts. They started hearing from the students, Oh, I'm so bored, I can't get my phone after I do my worker during lunchtime. Once they lock into these stories, they don't seem to care about their phones at all. Kids are reading books more. From the first day of school to March thirty first of this year, the district reported an increase of more than two hundred thousand additional books checked out compared to the previous year. Wow, I didn't know the ban was as strict as it was. It's different in different states, I guess, well.
Speaker 3: For the Dallas One, Dallas ISD and all Texas Public schools implemented this strict cell phone ban, requiring devices to be turned off and stored away. First of all, that's what my cell phones in high school were required to be.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: You're supposed to be turned off the whole time. You were only supposed to have them out or on you or on after school hours. You know, we're supposed to be you know, if you participate in extracurricular activities, if you have a drama, marching band, if any of that stuff, you need to be able to get a hold of your parents stuff.
Speaker 2: Like that, for a ride and whatnot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but this one says often in locking yonder pouches, so like the same things that they do for some of the comedy shows. Yeah, you have to lock your cell phone up in one of those pouches that when you go to school.
Speaker 1: That's what it is. But they say the outcomes are great. The outcomes are they're more focused in class, their grades are coming up. Teachers are reporting that the kids are paying attention for the first time in forever. It's an obvious thing. Let me ask everybody this question. I am so guilty of this, I am so unbelievably guilty of this. Conversely, so is Courtney all right. We do this to each other all the time. If your partner is talking to you and you are listening, but you're actively typing a text message or looking at something or reading an article on your phone.
Speaker 2: You know as well as I do.
Speaker 1: You've done that before, and in the middle of them speaking, you go, oh my god, I don't know what she's talking about. I have been I've been sitting there and Courdy's been talking. I've been like, yeah, yeah, totally, totally.
Speaker 5: That is.
Speaker 3: You know, sometimes for the shows that I really like, I try to put my phone or off in my laptop because I'm often, you know, at night when we're watching TV, trying to get little work done. I was doing it last night to typing, you know, texting with you and stuff, and I try to put that away if it's something that I'm really into so I don't miss out on it. Because I think my wife claims that she catches everything, even though she's doing crosswords the whole time. I think she's still she's still missing stuff and I'll be like, did you see that? We need to rewind so you can see that part. But like last night, we were watching Rooster and U the episode got over by the way Steve Carell stole loft, we were watching Rooster and by the time the episode got done, I was like, hey, did nothing happen or was I just not paying attention? And She's like, I don't think it much happened in that episode. I don't think I don't think we got a lot out of that. But other stuff other times where I'm like.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, were you both distracted and you you know, or why I was counting on her who claims to have the better retention. Maybe Steve Carrell did die, but you guys.
Speaker 2: Were both alive.
Speaker 1: Still still fine.
Speaker 3: I just think it was a particularly unexciting episode.
Speaker 2: I'll watch it again to make sure. It's just undeniable to me.
Speaker 1: You could say whatever you want, but it's undeniable to me that when you are locked in like a tractor beam to your cell phone, you are not paying much attention to anything else happening around you. Yeah, you just aren't. It's just so clear. So when the students get those cell phones taken away from them and they're focused on things in class, that is a absolute win, one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: They have to lock up or otherwise stowaway cell phones, smart watches, tablets, and earbuds, no AirPods at the schools.
Speaker 1: Really see they want to make sure they don't have any of this stuff. The counter argument is, I want to make sure my kids are safe. What if there's a school shooting. Once you push past that and get past the emotional side of the argument, it's undeniable that this has improved so many places.
Speaker 2: So that's a good thing.
Speaker 1: The bad thing is apparently hot air balloons just keep falling out of the sky, and that's not good. We had the one that landed in somebody's backyard the other day. This is a balloon pilot had a lucky escape after strong winds sent it crashing into the side of a casino. It was there as part of celebrations for a new hotel opening in Sacramento. The winds created an unplanned launch, is what they called it. And here I have the footage.
Speaker 10: Looking escape after strong wind sent it crashing into the side of a casino in northern California. It was there as part of celebrations for the opening of it.
Speaker 2: He crashed right into the building.
Speaker 10: Local police said the winds created an unplanned launch and The pilot was eventually able to get enough height to clear buildings and land safely, but only after hitting a power line.
Speaker 2: Oh god, even hit a power line in the thing.
Speaker 3: That basket looks a lot, a lot bigger than the last weird hot air balloon situation we saw ourselves being a part of.
Speaker 1: I think you're right. Yeah, this one looks like it has more room in it. But the guy was by himself. He got it down there as part of some promotional thing, and it went spinning out of control. He crashed into the building, he hit a power line, and then he was able to get the hot air balloon down safely, thank god. After that, so there's that, all right, quick break When we come back as promised, Jury Duty is coming up next with your update on Orlando's sloth World, some new info sneaking out what's happening That is coming up next on the News Junkie. What are in pros? Don't forget You can always go further, go deeper and unlock secret shows. What are secret shows? Uncensored bonus shows every single week, including another one this Thursday eight pm. You can watch live on the news Junkie dot com with these secret shows to feed there, and then afterwards it's posted for you to watch at your leisure video or audio on thenewsjunkie dot com Unlocked secret shows at the website today. All right, I want some of your feedback meeting over there, which.
Speaker 2: I may or may not do.
Speaker 1: I don't know may or may not do in may I have no idea as of right now. I'm not really positive on it. If you can't tell, I'm willing to hear out what the what the suits say and what they have to offer. But and also it's a giant pain in the ass. Like one of my things is that you know, I could do the show from whatever I want and I don't need you guys bothering me. It's like literally one of the deals I have with the suits that I've had on previous contracts.
Speaker 2: I'm like, hey, I get to do the.
Speaker 1: Show from wherever I want, and I'll make sure that the quality of the show stays where it needs to say. I don't need you to go like, hey we need this person here, we need this. No one cares. It's twenty twenty six. No one cares where the people are. No one cares where the people are. Who are are doing these podcasts or shows or like, I can't imagine one person whatever listening to Smartlest the Smartlest podcast go Well, these people aren't even in the same location together. No one cares. They're not yeah zooming, just zooming to get Snoop says serious XM buying iHeart. Well, I don't know if I should ask them about that. Wouldn't that be a little awkward if I bring that up? If I go so it should serious XM have a seat at the table?
Speaker 2: What what what should we do with I don't know.
Speaker 1: If that's going to go over too well, not that much of it really has been. But yeah, there's there's no updates on that for people who have been asking only that in May at some point I forgot what the date was that they want to meet and talk about this, and and we'll see, we'll see if that happens. It would require me to maybe miss a show, which I know is always you know, and it's always like another thing. I don't want to miss a show to have a meeting with people. I've never wanted to do that. Hey, let's miss a show so people don't get a live show. And then what's the thing that's happening. The thing that's happening is you're gonna sit down with a bunch of suits and they're gonna tell you about the show. Like, I don't care all that much. One of my things is other than maybe two or three of the people who are higher up in this company, I don't really care what anybody thinks about content, you know what I mean. I don't need them telling me about content and what is good and what is bad. At some point, you know whether your gut is right or not, and you go with your your gut. That's that's where I've always been out on this, Like, I don't need them to go well, I think what you should do is head in this direction. The suits have never tried to do that. There was one person who tried to do that a couple of times. They're not necessarily around anymore, and that's all. That's all that's been relegated to. I haven't had people like trying to direct the content of the show very much. Although it's hilarious because so many of your emails will be like the reason why Sean doesn't talk about this is because they tell him not to. He got the talking points from the company. Tom God, if you only knew, like a hundred there's no chit chat about what you can and can't talk about other than the stuff that I tell you on air. I legitimately had one of the suits call me and go, hey, love the show, very very big fan of the show, watch every day, but can you stop saying this word so much? We are we are worried about segment.
Speaker 3: I think, if I had to be honest, bit of a misrepresentation of how much we said that word.
Speaker 1: I think maybe the day that the person was complaining, we had said that particular bad word many many times.
Speaker 3: Well, there was a person that we were talking about who was worthy of that many times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the person was being a total asshole, there's no doubt about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, there was, there was some limits.
Speaker 1: He was the best what did you call himself?
Speaker 3: The best f and charter boat captain in the country.
Speaker 1: Yeah, happened to that guy. He's out there charter boat instill just screaming.
Speaker 2: At random water.
Speaker 1: He's probably pretty busy, so, yeah, that's like a pirate. They've not talked about those kind of things that much. They've not talked about the the the actual content of the show. They've been pretty easy going about that. Well, and that's only because the show has been successful over the years, so they, you know, they've been willing to go hands off. If you're not, then they're going to dive in and they're gonna get their hands dirty and try to fix everything you have, whether it's broken or not. Rock Horner horn n that was the guy the charter boat cap Yeah. Somebody says was it the N word? Yeah, it was the N word. I use it a lot that day. That was a year ago. Uh, that was it? Really?
Speaker 2: That was a year ago this week. Honestly, it feels longer than that.
Speaker 3: Florida charterboat captain faces additional charges from f WC after viral video and that was post did April twenty sixth of last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The only thing that they do try to do if you're especially if your radio show, just so you guys know, if the suits get a hold of you, if your radio show has low ratings, they go to some very basic stuff. So what they would do is they go, all right, who's on the show and what are your roles? And so, you you know, put Sean and Sea Lane and then they go, okay, now who is Sea lane. Is he like is he the sports fan guy? Or is he is he like? Is he the chef guy? And I go, we don't have to fight. This isn't like uh uh, what's what's the Gordon Ramsey home cooking competition? Oh?
Speaker 3: I was just thinking of like they treat as like a boy band. They're like, yes, this guy'll be the bad boy, that big guy will be the sports guy.
Speaker 1: Yes. Better example, they'll treat you like a boy band and they'll say which role do these people play? What which? What is your your role with is not like we're human beings. We have different elements to our personalities and people like them all coming together. So yeah, normally they shut up about those things.
Speaker 3: In the satirical I Guess movie Together remember from MTV, Yeah, the members were the heart throb, the shy one, the cute one, the older brother, and the bad.
Speaker 1: Boy son of a bitch? Am I the older brother? Ah? Wow, you're not the cute one. You have to you have to be specific about it, but probably. Yeah. All right, we're gonna get into jury duty and the Sloth World update. Might as well do that right now. I'll do it very quickly. Here we go. Let's do jury duty for it is now in session, So put your phone down and pay attention before we call the bailiff over to whip your ass. You're knowing jury duty with the news Junkie Jury Duty brought to you by the one the only mode Wit of the DeWitt Law Firm. Injured on the go, just call MO eight hundred, Call eight hundred, call MO. We're going to just call MO dot com. After an accident. Pick up the phone, call the attorney that's going to put you on the path to what you deserve.
Speaker 2: The win that you deserve is on the way. The big check you deserve.
Speaker 1: If your case warrants it is on the way. Eight hundred call eight hundred, CALLMO, or just CALLMO dot com. Bad news about the sloth world front. Things get even worse. The only good news that I'll start out with is the loss under the care of the Central Florida Zoo and Sandford right now seem to be doing pretty well. They have some health issues, but they're pulling through and they're getting really good care from the experts at the Central Florida Zoo and Sandford. So that is good. That's going well. The bad news is they found even more sloss that died that they had not reported before, and now over fifty sloss in total are reported to have died at the sloth World facility before they started to get heat, before they started to get a reaction, and before they closed up shop and said they're filing for bankruptcy. So it was even worse than people anticipate. Over fifty sloss connected to sooft World excuse me, are said to have died throughout the opening process, and they kept bringing more and more of them in even as they were dying off and it was clear that things are not going with got make up for the ones you lost. That's what they're doing right. They were doing this in an effort to just open up. They needed to get the money coming in. But I don't think they were doing a great job at getting those animals acclimated because so many of them fifty plus now it seems, died according to these reports.
Speaker 3: There's a bunch of people that prepaid for those tickets and they want refunds now, and I'm thinking maybe they get up.
Speaker 1: I have no clue. It seems pretty bad. Dan saying, Okay, we need criminal charges for these losers. It's at least something that they should look into. Now they're continuing to say, like, it wasn't our fall, it was just some virus, some invisible virus that just happens to not come up on any kind of testing we do. I don't know. I believe that so much. I'll tell us what you think. Send a dispatch over at the news junkie dot com. In fact, I haven't done any dispatches are coming up next in the news Junkie. That's right, The Power Hour is on here on the show. We're glad to have you with us. You can learn more over at thenewsjunkie dot com. It's never been this bad, I don't think with conspiracy theories.
Speaker 2: Conspiracies. Conspiracies used to be like.
Speaker 1: Among the most fringe of fringe people, and they'd be like, oh, this person's a conspiracy theorist, a tinfoil hat personality, and you would be like the thing that you would mock somebody for.
Speaker 3: Now it's almost cool now now it's just everywhere. Now, it's just everywhere.
Speaker 1: I've talked before about how one of the first things that popped up was the nine to eleven conspiracy theorists, and I made a mistake of taking these people seriously, because.
Speaker 2: At that age I was like, well, everybody.
Speaker 1: Must be being honest, and I should take them seriously and let me figure out the arguments, and then maybe I can tell people like, hey, you know you have a conspiracy about nine to eleven. Here's why that conspiracy doesn't make any sense. Let me combat all the talking points that you have and speak to you reasonably and logically and talk you out of this and see if I can make you disbelieve in the conspiracy. No, they're invested in the conspiracy. They want the conspiracy to be a thing. The conspiracy is part of their personality. And that only became more and more common as social media platforms became bigger and bigger over the years. And now, oh my god, it's ever everywhere everywhere. I saw this just a moment ago, and it said in our last Manhattan Institute survey, this is a poll that was done nothing one ago. They found that forty six percent of Democrats believe that the assassination attempt against Donald Trump in twenty twenty four was orchestrated by his supporters to increase sympathy for him. So that's of people who identify themselves as Democrats, and they believe that the twenty twenty four attack on Trump was orchestrated by his supporters. There's so many more than this. This one, I think is a little looser, and you can put conspiracy around it, but I don't think it's as conspiracy. The COVID nineteen leaked from a laboratory in China theory. That's more than fifty percent of people who believe in that. I think that that one might be more likely to be true too. NASA faked the moon landing is about sixteen percent saying definitely true that they faked it or probably true that they faked it. So sixteen percent of people believing that childhood vaccines causing autism, thirteen percent of people believing that consply. I thought that would be a lot more.
Speaker 2: I did too.
Speaker 1: Actually, the Holocaust of Jews in Nazi Germany was greatly exaggerated or did not happen as historians described. About twelve percent of people believe that that conspiracy is probably true or definitely true that the Holocaust is exaggerated, and Seiling counts himself amongst the people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, please Sean, it's like that old joke. They say, six million, really really really old Jews walk into a bar and say, hey, we got lost. Hope nobody came up with any crazy ideas about where we've been.
Speaker 1: People believe at least one conspiracy. I think nowadays, I can't.
Speaker 3: Believe that the numbers for the Holocaust being fake and the numbers for vaccines causing autism are so close they are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, vaccines causing autism as a conspiracy is thirteen percent and the Holocaust being fake is twelve percent.
Speaker 3: I feel like I see way more people raging against vaccines, and maybe this childhood vaccines causing autism is too specific for this, but I see way more people drawing that line than I ever see. I hardly ever see anybody actually like believing, saying with conviction that the Holocaust is fake. I don't even barely hear anybody joke about it.
Speaker 1: But isn't the problem there that most people who might believe that aren't going to post it on social media? That's one where they go, I'm not going to put this here. I think there's a weird bias that comes into play here where we go, Man, I see so many people doing this, and it's still megafringe, but we will see people doing it, but it's just like it's a very very fringe thing that people are loud about, like barbecue baby, says the loud minority. Already in these cases, unless it's not an opinion that you can express loudly, like the Holocaust being exaggerated. Yeah, there's a childhood vaccines is thirteen percent. NASA faking the Apollo eleven landing is sixteen percent. That believed that that conspiracy nine to eleven attacks being an inside job is twenty eight percent who believe that conspiracy the October seventh attack on Israel was an inside job or false flag operation carried out or permitted by the Israeli government. You'll see a lot of these have Jews in them. That is twenty four percent of respondents believed that October seventh was an inside job or false flag that Israel did on themselves. Twenty four percent of people believe that. And then, like I said, thirty seven forty six percent of people believe that the assassination attempt against Donald Trump in July twenty twenty four was orchestrated by the supporters who increase sympathy for him.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: And then the top one, the most one is Russian President Vladimir Putin has compromising information on Donald Trump and uses it to sway Trump's policy positions. That's sixty four percent of people in this poll, sixty four percent believe in that conspiracy.
Speaker 2: So I think it's never been this bad.
Speaker 1: I think the time from when an incident happens to the conspiracy about the incident is shorter than it's ever been. I saw after the shooting on Saturday, conspiracies that the whole thing was fake. I saw it like so fast, maybe within twenty four hours. There was people with conspiracies already, right, and.
Speaker 3: Oh there was a lot of good lead ins to that being a conspiracy, you know, like Carolyn Levitt saying shots would be fired?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, which I mean that, well, that's what that short of the nine to eleven was an inside jobs thoff.
Speaker 3: If that was the case, would you say shots will be fired? No, of course you wouldn't, And of course it's ridiculous. And of course the much more obvious thing is there are people being hyped up and fed all this information. Of course the outcome is going to be that some of those people try to kill the person who they get obsessed with. That's just the more obvious conclusion there. But people are really these days thirsty, thirsty for conspiracies.
Speaker 2: And maybe you're in that group. Let us know.
Speaker 1: Send a dispatch at the newsjunkie dot com. Somebody sent a photo dispatch. They went and got a whopper, and they sent the photo dispatch in to see if they actually were more photogenic these days. It's a pretty good looking whopper. I don't know if it's just good some of the ones I saw on the on the subreddit, but.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, that one is on the lesser that we've seen today. But it's not a bad looking sandwich.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's not as ugly as so many of the ones that you used to see before they try to make a turnaround. I think over at Burger King have been. That's yeah, it's more impressive than I thought.
Speaker 3: I want to see if if they're actually doing this mcmullet thing in New Zealand. I want to see one from the restaurant. I don't want to see one in the in the ad. I don't want to see one that they want to show us. I want to see somebody going to do they call it maccas in New Zealand or is that just Australia.
Speaker 1: I think that's Australia, but they share a lot in comments. It could be both of them.
Speaker 3: And somebody go into one of those things, getting this mcmullet thing, if it even exists. There's my conspiracy and seeing what it looks like out of the wrapper or out of the box, because I don't think it's going to look as accurate as it would.
Speaker 1: I think either way it's going to look stupid. It's so stupid. The idea of a burger that started all this with a mullet of cheese is just is this where we're at. Let's go over to a couple of dispatches. Here's Eric joining us on the show Good Afternoon News.
Speaker 6: Junkiest guards to your children versus pets, comparison with the apartment rentals. You got to include old people too. I mean several I did at one point in several houses in a retirement community, and I would it was I was forced to run out to older people and I could tell you that they bump into things, they bang things around. They put color coded stickers on the receptacles and the wall switches, and they are not the best people to.
Speaker 1: Have as well.
Speaker 2: So old people tenants, yeah, you.
Speaker 6: Can include them in the categories.
Speaker 1: Eric, I would have thought that old people were overall generally decent tenants because they're not partying. But maybe they're still causing the same issues, that's what he says.
Speaker 3: I mean, stickers on the wall receptacles seems a little less damaging than some of the things that a pet or a kid can do. But they're banging into stuff, you know, definitely, Yeah, here's Daddy two times with the dispatch.
Speaker 11: What's happened?
Speaker 1: Friends?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this kids versus dogs things?
Speaker 1: I get it. It's funny.
Speaker 11: But in general, it's already built into your deposit, right because when you're making a deposit as a renter, you're taken into account that there may be damages to the home caused by you, your friends, your family.
Speaker 1: Your kids.
Speaker 11: The pet thing is something set aside separately for them to get an additional amount of money out of you for the urination, defecation, tearing up of rugs and what have you that dogs may do. Sure the kids can do that, but you know what, so do adults, So do children, so do teenagers. Set things on fire, put holes and walls, all that fun stuff that drunk adults also do for that matter. Anyhow, I get the point, but kind of is already existing with those security deposits and that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: That's a fair point, Like you have to pay a security deposit, so that may just be for all of the humans that occupy the apartment. The original claim being that if I'm moving into an apartment, I have to pay a security fee for a pet. But people can move in with three kids and they don't have to pay anything extra for them. He's right. It's just like a blanket fee that you pay in so many of these situations. All right, a couple of emails very quickly. Here is Katie. Katie says, Hi, Sean and Sea Lane. After your show about Burger King McDonald's a few weeks ago, I went to Burger King because the drive through lane was shorter, the burger was okay, the fries were not only not hot, but they were cold as hell, and it was expensive. Really, I didn't know they were more expensive of there, or or expensive in general.
Speaker 2: In my opinion.
Speaker 1: In my hood, I have Burger King McDonald's Wendy's and RB's within walking distance. For the money, I'll go back to full sit down restaurants with full bars. True, it will probably cost me more as I'll order one or two adult beverages, but the food quality will be better, and if anything sucks, I can have it fix, says Katie. Thank you for the email, Katie.
Speaker 2: And Cubby fan emails.
Speaker 1: So, I learned a long time ago that the lottery was a waste of money. As a kid, my brother and I wanted Nintendo so bad, and my parents kept saying how we could not afford one. We begged like crazy, but no such luck. So my brother and I took it upon ourselves to gather up all the useless lottery tickets left laying around the house. We brought them to my parents in a stack of over two hundred and fifty and told them, here's our Nintendo. I may have gotten a spanking that day, but I got a Nintendo for Christmas that year. Hey, it worked. That's all that counts. Last one for now. Tips at the news junkie dot com and Ethan says, good afternoon, junkies. I find it laughable that the White House seems to be connecting Jimmy Kimmel with the assassination plot last Saturday night. The assassin left his home in Los Angeles last Tuesday before this aired, with the sole purpose of assassinating the president, saying this joke had no influence on the would be assassin since he was already planning to commit the crime, would be accurate. Also, it's hilarious. The White House continuously says that Jimmy Kimmel is extremely low ratings, but he somehow is the play to influence a nation, which is it? Keep up the good work. I looked at his ratings earlier on. Let me see if I have them still. Jimmy Kimmel with this whole thing going on, He says the joke was misconstrued, etcetera, etcetera.
Speaker 2: Oh, here we go.
Speaker 1: In September twenty twenty five, his return from his suspension drew in six million viewers, his highest rating in over a decade. Following that, there was a sharp decrease. Current standing as of late March twenty twenty six, Jimmy Kimmel is in a tight race for the eleven thirty five PM slot, with some reports noting its poise for higher ratings when Colbert leaves, he's at two point one seven million viewers and in third place, trailing Gutfeld in Colbert. So it's gut Feld Colbert, and then it's Jimmy Kimmel in the ratings, but that could change at some point in time.
Speaker 3: I think his argument was, like, it's weird to go on and on about how crappy the ratings are and then go, you know, you have a platform that is encouraging people to shoot the president. You just said that nobody listens to him. How can both be true? I don't disagree. I think that that.
Speaker 1: I think pointing fingers at everybody right now is so dumb because all of these people who are pointing fingers are involved in this. All of these people that are involved in politics are involved in the radicalization of the language around it and everything else that's bad. All these very political people are nasty, terrible influences on society in general in the United States of America. And none of them are turning down the temperature. None of them a right that goes from the White House to Washington, d C. To all these losers online. None of them are turning the heat down. And that does suck. And is stupid. But there was one more question that I had about this situation on Saturday that I want to get into when we come back.
Speaker 2: We'll hit on that for sure.
Speaker 1: And then maybe more importantly, a grab bag segment coming up next. I got clips galore in the extras department. We'll see what we have for you that leads things off. In fact, one story that I think is going to fire you guys up, and that is coming up next in the news Junkie.
Speaker 2: I wanted to bring.
Speaker 1: This up because I have like a grab bag segment here for everybody. But one of the things I wanted to talk about in this is the fact that they have announced at one of the theme parks their Halloween season, and it's just getting more and more crazy.
Speaker 2: The Mickey is.
Speaker 1: Not So Scary Halloween party, which Jackson will probably be attending at some point soon. Possibly he's getting older, he's getting close to the age for that that kind of thing. It used to be that you would do this obviously the week of Halloween. You would do a Halloween event the week of Halloween, and then somebody wanted to stretch it a bit longer, then you would do like all of October and then they started to pull back even further. It's like, hey, we're going to do a couple of weeks in September. Now they announced this year it's starting starting earlier than it ever has before, and the Disney Halloween event is starting on August seventh. It is starting almost at the beginning of August. Their Halloween festivities have now been stretched.
Speaker 2: All the way through three full.
Speaker 1: Months of the year, all right, three full months, and then you could bet your ass the moment they wrap that up, they're getting into winter slash Christmas mod.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, that's why you can't go past Halloween. Like that's one of the problems with trying to milk more out of Halloween is because any other thing, like for Marti Gras, you can go before and after, you could pad in either direction. But afterw Halloween you have only I mean it's November first, man, you got to start doing Christmas stuff. I mean November first is like the day at my house where Ashley just tosses all of our Halloween stuff or you know, puts it away if it's stuff that's uh, you know would last more you know, over the years.
Speaker 1: And she's killing me with that. By the way. But he's killing me because the moment she puts stuff up, Courtney's like she's putting stuff up, she wants the skeletons.
Speaker 2: Oh, She's like, we a lot to put stuff up over here.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, everybody's so early now, but I mean, you can't pat it any further later because you have to start the Christmas festivities.
Speaker 1: No, and you need you got you got out of that. You got like a wall on one side, so they can only go the other.
Speaker 3: Way, right, Like, So there are places that take Christmas and keep it later just to be I don't know if they're making any more money out of it, but it's definitely more festive. Like we went to for a friend's birthday and Saint Augustine. My friend's birthday is in January, and we went up to celebrate her birthday in Saint Augustine, Florida. Beautiful place, fun times around there, and they keep their Christmas decorations up for the entire month of January. And it was like, Oh, this is actually kind of fun that they still have that here. I mean, they're not selling tickets to it. It's not like your Mickey's not so scary Halloween or your Halloween Horonites. But it is a little fun. But the problem with Halloween is that the only place you can go is earlier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but are you going to feel like it's Halloween on August seventh? No, August seventh, we were still in summer, I think technically, and they firing Halloween.
Speaker 3: That's three weeks before Halloween Hornites starts. That's actually yeah, Halloween Hornnites begins on August twenty eighth, twenty twenty six, and I don't even know if that's the earliest they've done or if they've done August twenty eighth for a while.
Speaker 2: You know what, I blame. There's only one person blame.
Speaker 1: There's only one one type of person to blame, the people who are buying tickets to this. The only reason they keep spreading these holidays out further and further and further and further is because you're buying tickets to it. They're selling out every night. And here's a little secret. When they do this Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, which was like a kid's Halloween event that now goes from August seventh to October thirty. First, do they give out candy at that. Yes, you gotta do. They have like the big candy manufacturers giving out all kinds of fun candy, and they it's a great thing for kids. Kids love this stuff, and kids aren't going to complain that Halloween is stretched out back to August seventh. But they also double dip. As far as I know, now, that could be wrong about this. I'm not the Disney adult many of you think I am, but I think when they're doing Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, Courtney would know one hundred percent. I think that they sell tickets for the daytime for the theme park, and then they boot everybody else out and they bring people in for the Halloween party at night.
Speaker 3: So they're basically able to sell same thing that they do for Universal.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I mean, and they're double dipping, like they're selling two tickets for one day because they're getting people to come to this after hours event that they're calling, you know, the Halloween Party. So obviously they want to ratchet that up and they want to spread that out even further than they do here saying yeah, it's a separate ticketed event. Boots He says, yeah, I mean that, I get I get their motivation for doing it, but at some point, like Halloween is three months long now, it's ridiculous. It's pretty crazy that they've stretched it out that far. I'm sure more people will like the distractions and anything else, but tell us what you think, because they continue to take our holidays and just drag the last two out as far as they can, or they drag right past Thanksgiving. Sometimes they tend to forget that one.
Speaker 3: It's only a couple days in August though, like they start in the seventh. But there's just a handful as compared to doing it. What as a universal does one, two, three, four, five nights a week? They just take off Mondays and Tuesdays. Yeah, they're making so much money on this though. Somebody says, oh, sure it's for the kids, money bag money. Oh wait, it is for everybody.
Speaker 1: Let's be real, it's for everybody, because everybody wants a distraction right now.
Speaker 3: I kind of wonder, like, if their answer is to start earlier, why not just do Why are we starting earlier when we're not doing every night of the month during the month, does that make sense?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I mean, there must be some reason, but they're stretching it back every single time, so they'll go further than this.
Speaker 3: October has thirty one days. Why are you you know, why do you see the need to move further earlier into August when you're not using all thirty one days of October.
Speaker 1: Because that's the days they've allotted for that event. I think there might be some reason why they can't schedule it for those other days. I don't know why, but there must be some sort of reason for that, if you know, let us know. But they've stretched Halloween out now for three months, three months? All right. Here's the other thing I have in the grab bag segment for you here today in the Power hour of the show, I was talking yesterday about movie theater tickets now being up for the most desired movie in the best theaters, in the best seats. It's now upwards from Regal movie theaters. It's upwards of fifty dollars per ticket, which is crazy. And with that in mind, I've seen some of the other stuff going on, and this is at Regal actually, and they showed their.
Speaker 2: New four D theater. Have you ever seen what they do?
Speaker 1: And in this thing.
Speaker 3: I've been to, I don't even know if it was a Regal I went to forty X or something when I saw al Ready Player one, where you know they did like they sprayed water at you sometimes or you get smells.
Speaker 2: I think our seats moved around a little bit. I don't remember.
Speaker 1: Did they do this? Let me show you here and we'll describe it for everybody. Here's the forty X theater at Regal. Chat tell me if you would want to go see a movie in this in this atmosphere, ready here it is. The chairs go, yeah, every which way. I think that's what they did for us. Is this normal for forty X. I believe it is for the whole movie is like riding a movie. Yeah, you could turn it off, Oh you can, Okay, it brings I've never seen this before. The level at which these things were moving and jostling was like, it's like you're on a plane that's crashing. It's like a terrible turbulence in the in the movie theater that you're facing. I was wrong.
Speaker 3: The movie theater that I saw Ready Player one in where we went to the forty X, it was a Point Orlando and it is a Regal movie theater, so it's the same brand. It's the forty X thing. Yeah, and they moved around like that, and they had all the various effects. And but you if you get motion sickness or something with this, as you might imagine you could in this situation, you can turn off the motion part of it. I mean, hell, you would need to turn it off just to get up out of your seat to go to the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, because they work in clusters, so there's like three or four seats attached to each other in three or four seats, and they literally move around more aggressive than most.
Speaker 3: Swing what annoy the hell out of me. I know they're they're coated with plastic or rubber, so they're not making noise, but just them being there would kind of be distracting for me.
Speaker 1: They have to have safety features because these seats at the four d X move around so much. I did not know that there was this much movement in the seats in these theaters. The president of seat belts, Yeah, I am too, actually, because they literally could throw you out of them.
Speaker 2: I'll put this up on sea it now.
Speaker 1: Because they were showing off some of their newer technology and just how much the theaters can end up moving around I would rather just a regular ass movie. If I'm honest, I don't need whatever the hell this is. That's not for me, But go take a look for yourself. It says the world's largest four DX cinema. That's from the Regal Times Square in New York City, and it moves around like something you ain't never seen before in your life. If you haven't been on one of these, because I have not, take a look at it. Tell me if that's for you, regal for DX theater, I'll say largest largest regal for d X theater. Okay, there we go. I got this up. Go take a look at it and tell me if you would pay more for that. I would pay more for that. Not to happen personally, but maybe some of you are going to go a different direction. Let me know what you think. Send us a dispatch, and when we come back, we'll do this. We'll play the final dispatches. Stories that didn't make the cut. And of course today I learned to wrap everything up for eight Tuesday that is coming up next on the news. Junkie got a big box there. Uh, that's that's the new pets that arrived. Yep, Yeah, that's it's all ready to go. Hopefully it's the right one in there. It's gonna improve the studio even more. Oh be excited to see that. Excited. But this is a story about a passenger on a Delta Airlines flight. Shoehorn this in at the end of the show. A passenger on Delta so good that we have so much time. It's a bad passenger on a Delta to check.
Speaker 2: Your surprise story.
Speaker 1: As long as it didn't you have one of these, I guess we're back on a plane. My strategy was to weasel it in at the end and then I could get around it.
Speaker 2: But I was and it wasn't really thought out.
Speaker 1: A passenger on a Delta Airlines flight from Atlanta gave birth to a healthy, five and a half pound girl just before this seven point thirty seven plane landed at Portland International Airport. Unbelievable. Two paramedics who happened to be on the flight assisted. They borrowed blankets from other passengers, and they used a shoelace to tie off the umbilical cord.
Speaker 3: Okay, what do they do for the.
Speaker 1: They ate it. They all ate it on the plane. Baby Brielle Renee Blair came in about two weeks ahead of schedule. The plane came in about twenty minutes ahead of schedule. Her mom, Ashley Blair, from Tennessee, was find Oregon to be with her own mother for the birth, but didn't quite make it. She went into labor about a half hour from Portland on the plane.
Speaker 3: I don't think you're supposed to be The baby was a two weeks early.
Speaker 2: The baby was two weeks early. You got that.
Speaker 3: I think that's within the time that you're not supposed to be flying anymore. Yeah, I think I think this is I think you're right about that. The crazy thing is, it's a rarity. But the passenger list expanded by one person while they were on the floor. Really, the flight doesn't actually have to file that information with the FAA.
Speaker 2: I think they do, Yeah, I think they do.
Speaker 1: The passenger list grows by one person when there's a berth during the flight, and they have to make note of that, I believe on the plane as they were coming in.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I type flight manifesto, not manifest.
Speaker 1: That's a whole different thing there. All right, let's get the hell out of here. It's time to wrap things up here, hope you shared the show today.
Speaker 2: If you didn't, it's never too late.
Speaker 1: Send somebody the link of the podcast and tell them about the news Junkie radio show.
Speaker 2: Appreciate you. Let's do today. I learned The.
Speaker 11: Following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ, So don't get cocky. How it's done.
Speaker 1: What we call today say. I learned for a Tuesday, April twenty eighth, A twenty twenty six Today, learned this guy right here, mister Rogers. That's right, mister Rogers. He was the one who poured the wax for the one hundred billionth Crayola crayon. They wanted to give him the opportunity to do it. They celebrated this back in nineteen ninety six, the one hundred billion, hundred billion crayons that they in ninety six. Mine gosh, I don't even know how many they have now. And they let mister Rogers pour the wax for it. And finally, I Celink convinced me of playing this somehow. Today learn this band Together Together, the satirical boy band ending the show today. Two people real happy about this. The Band Together actually out sold in sync for two weeks. On the music charts. They were a throwback to the boy band approach and uh actually made it bigger than they anticipated. And Chris Farley's brother was in it too, right, Yeah, he was the big brother, just like here he was. How dear, all right, thank you so much for hacking out with us. We do appreciate it. We're back tomorrow, same time, same place.
Speaker 2: I can't believe we're playing.
Speaker 1: To get the podcast at the news jukie dot com. We'll see you next time of