Speaker 1: Every democratic super duper. That's nice, right A goo? Okay, yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 2: It is the thirty first and final day of July twenty twenty six. Good Friday morning, everybody, and welcome to the Project Morning Show. My name is Chris Hockey. Big day to day, we played the Initials tournament. Of course, today I get a chance to battle the toughest group of individuals it possibly can in the Initials.
Speaker 3: Should be fun. Wish me luck.
Speaker 2: It's raining outside least here in the Twin Cities, so glad for that. Hopefully it rains, you know, it doesn't flot us out, but we need more of that more than anything though. It's football season and it's the last day of July, and it's Friday. Let's get her started. I'm mornay in today. No Mark Parrish, but a cast of thousands coming on in. Here's some comedy from Maria Bamford. It's Friday morning. Good morning, everybody, come on in. I am glad you are here.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I get kind of a bad attitude about work. You know, I forget why I started tamping in the first place, which was to make a difference. And I think it's okay to lie to get out of work as long as you whisper the part that makes it true. Right after, Yeah, I can't come into work today animally sick.
Speaker 1: Oh have they got job? There's no way I could.
Speaker 4: Have gotten that project done. I was super busy.
Speaker 5: Surfing the internet for this guy from my kindergarten class who made binoculars out of two toilet paper rolls.
Speaker 1: And it turns out he's living in Tucson and has two kids.
Speaker 5: But he's divorced, so I might work out.
Speaker 4: I gotta leave early on Friday. Got a doctor's appointment with a.
Speaker 5: Picture of Margaritas and my primary physician doctor feel good.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right, sweet, that's right. Bets on your side.
Speaker 6: You hear the distance under this line, then you stray.
Speaker 1: All right, Malca, Your morning showed is uh Friday, July thirty, twenty twenty six. I'm Tory Jove.
Speaker 7: That's Chris Hockey, There's Sauce, Paul Lammer, Zach Elverson. It is Friday, and yes, Chris, it is raining. So as a member of the Driveway Club, it's it's a welcome sight. It's not freaking ice cold, It's not a thousand degrees like it has been the last.
Speaker 1: Couple of weeks. It's nice out. I'll take this rain. Oh good this morning. Yeah, the rain is nice, it's really nice. Yeah, I'm already happy when it rains.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If you got into a car accident, who would you have blamed it on? Probably you me.
Speaker 8: I would have blamed it on the Rain's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Driver, I bet you are. It's perfect outside. It is hogs Yet he loves it.
Speaker 3: I do, man. I thought about calling in dead.
Speaker 1: Calling him in dead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, didn't.
Speaker 1: Didn't seem believable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it didn't seem like you guys would buy it.
Speaker 1: I mean I might. You're knocked up. Youhould probably go to Russia. You'd probably leave, can't come in.
Speaker 3: Guys died last night.
Speaker 1: Oh you're dead, hockey. Why didn't you say you were so relaxed you didn't want to risk it.
Speaker 3: I thought about that.
Speaker 7: Why don't you say all four of your car doors were frozen?
Speaker 1: Shucked?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought about that.
Speaker 1: We've had that one in the past.
Speaker 2: I thought I was going to say that I had a dentist appointment. I could only get that started at five thirty eight.
Speaker 1: It's a it's a Rosie classic, Yeah, classic who Mark Rosie.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that for me.
Speaker 7: You got brought up yesterday and Common show Sauce because you texted Common and said that Rosie was rambling, and Common red and Common read it on the air and Rosie was like, you're telling me, Paul meet Sauce. Lambert thinks I ramble. He didn't, Uh, he didn't care for that.
Speaker 1: Well I did.
Speaker 8: And also right before that, about eleven thirty five, I got a phone call from somebody who said today's going to be great. He'll ramble about the Twins awful. I said, okay, and then so I texted him that, not thinking you read it on the air.
Speaker 1: It was kind of awesome because Rosie, they were watching the Royals Twins game where the Twins were getting no hit, and they were on the air when the Twins finally got a hit. I think it was our guy Ryan Jefferson. It was the first one, yep.
Speaker 7: But they were down three rep and Rosie's like this, this is embarrassing. This game's over, and Common's like there's three innings left and anything can happen. Rosie's like, well, I mean, come on, this said they can't get anything gone, come on, it's over.
Speaker 1: Colin's like, are you allowed to score runs in the ninth because it's not over yet? No, I mean this is just this is terrible, right, it is terrible, And.
Speaker 7: Then of course walk off Grand Slam Twins win.
Speaker 1: Whoopsies, Sorry, Rosie Colon was right.
Speaker 7: There were three innings left when they were complaining, and the Twins won in dramatic fashion.
Speaker 1: Yes they did.
Speaker 3: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: And Rosie was rambling about the twins. Probably Sauce you out. He did wrap me up. Did you expect him to immediately say Sauce is texted me he says, you're rambling.
Speaker 8: Absolutely not. I did not think that's how it would go.
Speaker 3: That is a pretty good bit though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a great way to get Rosie to stop railing rambling without saying I think you're rambling.
Speaker 8: Yeah, sure, yeah, correct, Yeah, I could blame for a lot of things.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I did not think. I did not think he'd say that. He did. Here we are, yep, here we are.
Speaker 8: But he also said that I agree with him.
Speaker 1: Common Yeah, yeah exactly. Yeah, well he was.
Speaker 7: But yeah, still, the text should be sacred. Are you standing up for me the concept of a sacred text?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I didn't think you are right or just say six one two guys says you're rambling.
Speaker 7: Just say the text line, which is a bunch of rubs texting.
Speaker 1: The text says you're rambling, Yeah, which it probably was. Well, thank you man. Yeah, I didn't think he'd out me like that.
Speaker 8: I was sitting downstairs waiting for lou Dog to get up from his nap, and I'm like, I'm gonna text Common and then he read it on the air.
Speaker 1: Sure did I got ripped? Uh No, Parish today, Marty will be here in like an hour or so, and then Julia Daniels will be here at seven thirty.
Speaker 7: Tommy also will be here one minute before that. And yes he is aware she's female, but he's still going to be here.
Speaker 1: On time, Lawyer Lambert. Later, your dad's going.
Speaker 7: To be playing against Christian Company today and Noro and you guys will square off at eight fifteen.
Speaker 3: That's a big day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you shouldn't be.
Speaker 7: Uh hey, Sauce, I just opened up a hip cricket and the text line says you have vitamin deficiencies.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, the text line, Yeah, I know I'm looking at my phone, but I'm reading off of the cafe and text line six four six eighty six says meat sauce has vitamin deficiencies.
Speaker 8: Come on, man, oh that's the text line, not any one individual, Lee.
Speaker 1: That is correct. It was not Lee. Yeah, it wasn't Lee. Well that's kind of her. The text line says you're rambling.
Speaker 8: Oh, well, that's not very kind of the text line.
Speaker 1: Oh Lee.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it figures.
Speaker 7: Again, my favorite thing to do in the morning before I close the text.
Speaker 1: Line because I ain't got time for that, right.
Speaker 7: It's so fun to see which text Barrero decides to argue with, because there's a whole you know, there's a whole bunch of positive texts, a whole bunch of negative text That's how it works.
Speaker 1: It's like the Internet. So let's just and he gets texted a lot because he asked for a lot of text, which is cool. He likes engaging with the text. It's fine.
Speaker 7: So he's getting just a pile of texts every day, and if you just look at the negative ones.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh, man, that guy really took a shot at him. That guy really took a shot at him. That guy really took a shot at him. But then you'll go well, that's the one that he picked. A respe it's.
Speaker 7: Always interesting to see which ones he picked, and it's almost always about the ones going geez, twenty minutes about the links boring and it'll be like.
Speaker 1: Uh been doing it a long time, high level. I think we know what we're doing. If you tell him what to do. When it comes to the radio show, he gets very defensive. Did anyone tell him he never played? He doesn't like.
Speaker 7: He doesn't like that either when it's you never played the game, you don't know what you're talking about. Yeah, that's another trigger.
Speaker 1: Sure, sure, sure.
Speaker 7: I think the text line is lighting up. Oh hey on I close the actual text line. Let me see if my other text line is lighting up. So far just says you have vitamin deficiencies, which is about the way very accurate.
Speaker 1: I think get another one.
Speaker 3: I can't wait.
Speaker 1: One of these days.
Speaker 3: He's going to react to that.
Speaker 1: You wait and see.
Speaker 3: And so that's the name. So what do you guys, if he ever says.
Speaker 1: That, why did you pick that name?
Speaker 3: He will I mean, I'm telling you, he will react.
Speaker 1: He will.
Speaker 2: He will react to it. Eventually, it's gonna happen. Why is that I wanted it to be something that could be real.
Speaker 1: You should have put an h in there. Why is that the name?
Speaker 2: Like I said, I think he would say that could really be somebody's name, But it will.
Speaker 3: I will know for sure.
Speaker 2: You get a new phone, No, I have my ways cool?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he I mean, I don't know if he's going to fall for the name.
Speaker 3: I think he will.
Speaker 1: Man, it would be great if you did. Oh my god, we'd have yeah. I mean even the first name is pretty like sure.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Not a lot of people have that name, right yeah.
Speaker 2: And so if you guys hear that first name from that city, even if I don't use the last name.
Speaker 1: You'll still know it's you. Yeah, well I'll know it's you. Yeah, exactly. I love it. Oh man, all right the text line, yeah it can be real?
Speaker 3: Mean oh yeah, man, they don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah real.
Speaker 7: That's why I close it. Yeah, I'm doing a show. I'm working. I don't want to work at a job where I get yelled at by people for three and a half hours.
Speaker 1: I did that. It was called best Buy customer service when I was in college. Right, yeah. Why can't you take this CD back? Because it's opened. You either listen to it or you burned it. Yeah, we're not taking it back. It's the policy. Everybody knows that.
Speaker 7: And then they would just absolute obscenities in my face.
Speaker 1: I was twenty. I was terrified.
Speaker 3: You gotta be care. I mean like, I can't send him. I just can't send him this text. I gotta be and I gotta be.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, Cliff's gotta be classier, right, why are you gonna.
Speaker 3: I got to be classic?
Speaker 1: Well again, my sources say he does.
Speaker 8: We're doing a show for three people here, but who cares?
Speaker 7: And I think we could all say that we have sources that confirm that is the case.
Speaker 3: Shocking. There's been some shocking things in my life.
Speaker 1: Yeap nine to eleven, A.
Speaker 8: God, why would Cliffs say that?
Speaker 1: How do you do?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 3: How do you not understand this?
Speaker 1: He said it? Did I say? I didn't say he said it on the I don't know if you exact. Did I say that? Yeah? You said the name? Oh damnit? He did?
Speaker 8: See?
Speaker 7: Okay, Well, they don't perpetuate it. Then I didn't hear it either, but definitely don't say it again.
Speaker 1: That's okay, just change the first na. Definitely. Yet, that's a great name. So what about Hosky again. You don't do it? Yeah, don't do it?
Speaker 3: Well, you're not a spy.
Speaker 8: Oh I'm dumb.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys like my beetle Juice shirt, you're.
Speaker 1: What beeal juice? It does look like a beetle juice? Who me?
Speaker 2: I bought it because when I bought it, I thought it looked like a Nirvana Kurk kobainer. But then I saw myself in the mirror and the elevator. I was like, nope, And you're.
Speaker 1: Like, where's the gag? You a little action? I like it?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 1: And why not?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 3: I wanted to look good for Tommy today.
Speaker 7: Yep, that's it. Hey, do you think what you're doing? Do you think what you're doing, which is sending trolling texts via the six four six eight six text line, do you.
Speaker 1: Think do you think that's a fireable offense?
Speaker 9: Sure?
Speaker 1: Hope, I mean this is all here, it's you are. You're one employee rolling another one. Now, in no way is he required to respond to any text but pull your hands out.
Speaker 8: Did you hear what he said about Mark Rosie and yesterday?
Speaker 3: No, it's not a fire bull fence.
Speaker 1: No, no.
Speaker 7: Can you imagine if the iHeart lawyer sat you down there like mister Hockey, did you or did you not? On the afternoon of Thursday, July thirtieth, send a series of six texts telling Dan Burrow he never played the game and that's why he doesn't know what he's talking about.
Speaker 3: First of all, I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: And all, uh, you can't prove that that's an encrypted number from what I've been told.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that he that he may or may not pay for mister Hockey, is it not the case that you pay for a separate phone line just control other hosts of caf in? Is that not accurate?
Speaker 2: Is that not definition the dumbest spending of money.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I've just spent some dumb money in my life. But I literally do this.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is the equivalent of master baiting home on my couch by my radio, just waiting for Cliff's name to be read, just praying, yeah, just praying, friend, God's I don't even believe it.
Speaker 3: Please this wouldn't go through. And every time I hear I disappeared on me. Hold on, let me get it.
Speaker 1: It's please be aroused again.
Speaker 7: How great of a moment will it be for Power Trip listeners. If one day they're all driving along, driving along, and he's just.
Speaker 1: Like Cliff enough. I know, I didn't play the game, stop texting that. He just has that enough you will hear.
Speaker 3: You'll hear it.
Speaker 1: Getting six five one guy, we get it. You never played the game. You don't know what you're talking about. Guys, man, it's so much fun. You could be talking about a limping curl. You never played. You don't know the best persons. When I'm driving along, driving along and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like this will going to a gig and I getting text out of nowhere from guards to going, was that.
Speaker 9: You moments like these all miss taking away from us.
Speaker 3: When I'm being taken away in handcuffs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what she's doing. You know what you do well of these days?
Speaker 7: You know, Like how in every war scene in the history of movies, like in Braveheart, like William Wallace will like hold up a sword and be like hold and then just essentially like unleash his hell when he says like go charge. We all coordinate with the Power Trip listeners, and then at like three forty one day we basically had like a random like we'll say like Hey, when we send out a photoce on Twitter, just on leashall in the inbox just gets flooded with shut up, Dan, you never played.
Speaker 1: And he just gets seven thousand texts telling him he doesn't know what he's talking about.
Speaker 2: It's the equivalent of like one of those things where a bunch of people meet up in a mall and dance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, flash Mob, Flash we do a You never played the game flash Mob over the six four six eight six texts.
Speaker 3: And did just think I always did.
Speaker 2: The reason that I'm so tickled by it is because it's the equivalent of somebody texting me right now and saying, you're a bald, white, middle aged man.
Speaker 1: He did not play the game. Why does it make him so angry?
Speaker 2: It doesn't people say that, I'll tell it's fine, it's true, it's true, it's true.
Speaker 7: Well, it's it is like the stick to sports thing, right when when when people tell, like on on social media, when it's like stick to sports, it's it's always people that are also not in the job that they're complaining, especially when it comes to politics. Right when it's like, so, wait, since we are on a sports radio show, we're not allowed to talk politics. But you work at Costco and you are what's the difference. You're allowed to and I'm allowed to. He's allowed to everybody. So it's it is funny that that, well, he never played football, so he can't analyze football.
Speaker 1: Well, of course he can, of course, but it pisses him off when you say that he can't. I know it. In fact, some of the best analysts that we have in sports are people that didn't play the game.
Speaker 7: Because they because they think a little outside the box, right, and they also ask and rely on people that did complete to gain knowledge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love I can absolutely decide whether or not I like a movie or not.
Speaker 3: I've never made a movie.
Speaker 7: You're act exactly. Yeah, some of the best critics are not actors or directors. It's just people that love the art of film. Yeah, Mister's never made them. Well, sure, he's made a few movies. By the way, mister Z is saying every time every day this week I've talked to him. He thinks the number for Spider Man is going higher and higher than he previously thought, is going to be massive.
Speaker 1: We're going to see it today.
Speaker 3: This may be the greatest example of.
Speaker 1: What don't worry about it. No, I'm not seeing it. Then no, But actually my twelve year old said, can we go see Spider Man? I'm like, what are you? My kid? Are you sure so we're going?
Speaker 7: No, not that time. No, you're not going to know. I'm going past your bedtime. You can keep flashing numbers way past your bedtime. You what were saying, Chris, something about Spider Man?
Speaker 1: What theater are you going? Oh, don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: It's the ultimate example that I'm no longer part of this. I have no interest in seeing that film.
Speaker 3: Zero interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't wait.
Speaker 3: I don't know. My wife, I've seen way too many Superhero game. If I never see another one, I'll be okay.
Speaker 1: I couldn't agree more.
Speaker 7: But I was not going to go see this at all until she asked, like three days ago.
Speaker 1: I'm like, sure, I guess and again gotta go. Yeah. Yeah, And you said you liked the Fantastic Four. Yeah that was fine. Yeah, it's good.
Speaker 7: And look, if I have to go see a quote superhero movie, it's always the Batman's right, and I know he's not a superhero, but.
Speaker 1: It's a comic book movie. It's a super sure.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Yeah, but if I had to pick one that isn't I mean, Spider Man's close the second right. I like the X Men a lot from twenty five years ago, like the Hugh Jackman x Men.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and there's an x Men fan doomsday trailer that is in this.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, see again. I don't care about that. I know you don't, but maybe's gonna drive me Nuts'll.
Speaker 2: Tell you what's doomed by anybody who didn't listen to Sauce before it started raining today?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, oh yeah, because because if you don't have gutter helmet you got there, your gutter could be clogged with leaves and your gutters could be overflowing with garbage.
Speaker 1: What do you know you've never dealt with gutters?
Speaker 8: I have not, because I have gut her Helmet from my friends at gut.
Speaker 1: Her Helmet AMN dot com. Rain. But you don't even know what you're talking about. You never put up gutters. No, I have my friends at gutterr Helmet. Do it? Come on, Cliff, Yeah, Cliff never almost said it. Leave alone, Cliff, gutter Helmet AMN dot com the absolute best. Loved them initials at eight fifteen, one hundred and twenty.
Speaker 7: One thousand potentially up for grabs with the Saint Paul federal critic union initials.
Speaker 1: Jackbob, this is the powers you want to join the fan.
Speaker 3: For victims of drunk and drug driving.
Speaker 1: Our grief is unique, but you are not alone.
Speaker 11: You always have a place at mad.
Speaker 3: Hey, welcome back.
Speaker 7: So you feeling confident, nervous, Louise, I mean not loose. Yeah, yeah, Tommy's gonna come in loose. Julia is gonna do fine. Lawyer it's always like point two. He's high, He'll be fine. Yahs, got nine to noon to worry about.
Speaker 1: He's not focused on initials.
Speaker 2: We were picking out lawyer Levert's outfit this morning before I came in, and I'm like, you know what, DoD, It's cool, just as long as we get one. If it's like if we get down to like the ninth letter or nine eleven, you know what I meant, Yeah, I don't have one yet, then I'll get nervous because I just want to make sure I get one, because I don't want to do what they're calling him Marnie these days.
Speaker 1: You know, Wow, what's a man.
Speaker 2: When you don't get anything? He used to be called a hawk. You get a big fat zero.
Speaker 3: Colorado.
Speaker 1: Was just gonna say, we should say she got a Colorado. It's got Colorado, got Colorado. She posted a big fat zero.
Speaker 2: Would it be too obvious if if the afternoon host got a text from uh zero from Colorado?
Speaker 1: I think so yeah, I think that's a giveaway.
Speaker 3: Uh, left overs Jesus so loud?
Speaker 1: You love it? Yeah, you love it?
Speaker 3: Leftovers way so angry at the leftovers?
Speaker 7: Does leftover stories have anything to do with something flying.
Speaker 1: Through a window.
Speaker 3: It's the only sound effect that interesting.
Speaker 8: Chance and like we discovered, he would have been listening to Billy Joel on the day, came in and at least got a song that starts guses.
Speaker 3: That's a reconnection. Yeah do you do? You do you?
Speaker 2: You may be wrong, but you made it. That's all right, right right. Yesterday was the two loved day of twenty twenty six. According to Bree Tennis, everybody's saying the year's going by so quickly.
Speaker 3: Uh and uh.
Speaker 11: Here's why it is scientifically impossible for time to pass more quickly. How fast or slow the time passes is merely a perception. Psychology today says we start to feel this in our mid to late twenties, and it zooms by faster with every year, and it's due to routine and fewer new experiences that puts our brains into autopilot, which makes the days blur together. The fix is easy, get a new routine, and you should do it now before more time slips away. I'm pre tennis.
Speaker 7: Jeez, that sounds like she was talking directly to me, because I am a creature of routine, and I think my life is flying by, Like I cannot believe I am forty six years old. Yeah, and I cannot believe my youngest is twelve, and my youngest, who is also kind of a creature of routine, don't know who she gets it from. About three days, it just goes through. About three days ago, just goes, I've wasted my entire summer, Like what do you?
Speaker 1: She goes. She goes, it's almost over. I didn't do anything. And I'm like, well, we've done a whole bunch of stuff. She's like, doesn't feel like get and I'm like, geez, So even her twelve year old summer flying by, We've still got a lot to do. We got a month to go, We got this, this, this, and this. She's like, yeah, but.
Speaker 3: It's almost over, isn't that something?
Speaker 1: Yeah, already started.
Speaker 2: We've talked about it a million times. That was a that was really a different angle on it than I'd ever heard before. So I'm glad that I I'm glad we do the the leftovers.
Speaker 7: What I wanted to do today is just throw a baseball through a window just to break up the routine.
Speaker 3: And you know what you should do.
Speaker 2: Go in the kitchen, going to open up the refrigerator door, Uh, grab whatever might be leftovers from a previous dinner.
Speaker 3: Scream everybody just scream.
Speaker 1: Go the leftovers thing, throw it on the jocket.
Speaker 7: Yeah that if I did exactly literally what you just said, Right, girls are sitting at the kitchen island and I just open the refrigerator, grab something out, and just go the leftovers and throw it on the floor and walk out.
Speaker 1: I'm getting committed. Yeah, you don't writ there anymore. All three would be.
Speaker 7: Like, he's lost his mind. Here's the thing he cracked, and I'm reaping all what is it? And I'm reaping all the Yeah, the benefits.
Speaker 2: John Lovin's Power Trip listeners. I want this to go TikTok viral. I want you today to walk into your crowded kitchen. Maybe your wife's in there, maybe your husband's and there, maybe your entire family's in there. Film yourself reaching in your fridge. I'm grabbing something left over. Look at them all, just on a now it's you know, afropoone. Now to just go the left over and then slam it on the ground like a touchdown just happened.
Speaker 1: Then walk away and walk out.
Speaker 7: And if you're like, look, my wife would not like that joke. That's not going to work, right, she'd get pissed. If you're like, all right, I don't want to be a part of this social experiment, then anytime between three and six thirty, just text six four six eight six you never played the game? Oh and that will be our backup plan?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Or do both? Do both?
Speaker 7: You can you imagine how many texts he's going to get today in between three and six thirty that say you don't know what you're talking about, you never played the game.
Speaker 8: And Guards he's got her hawks gonna get a text Guards you about three point fifteen going why why why did you do that?
Speaker 1: Because we never I don't think we ever said the last day.
Speaker 7: It's just gonna be a whole bunch of guys named Cliff with different last names Huxtable.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna wait till the entire sales staff is here today, and I'm gonna go in and do the Leftover's challenge.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm calling it.
Speaker 1: You gotta wait till Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Be sitting in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're the only one time the bar will be like, what are you doing? Well, you could just point at the one or two salespeople that are here, just go the leftover. My god, they're the only ones that are left over from Monday through Thursday. You could do everybody'll be back on Monday. Yeah, there's a couple of leftovers that Friday. Man, a couple of up on Friday.
Speaker 3: Of course they're working, they're doing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we like those. Yeah.
Speaker 2: A Surf Rider Foundation reports shows that cigarette butts are Hawaii's most common beach litter. Volunteers collected about one hundred and seventy thousand pounds of trash during fifty four cleanups across Maui, Kawawi, and Ohau.
Speaker 7: I don't know, one hundred and seventy thousand pounds of trash is also pulling a Colorado.
Speaker 3: He dare that accounts for that passed.
Speaker 2: There's the nearly three hundred and forty thousand pounds a collected nationwide. Surf Friighter says cigarette filters contain synthetic plastic fibers that break down slowly and.
Speaker 3: Can release toxic chemicals into the earth.
Speaker 2: So it's not just one giant ashtray ladies a giant beautiful beach.
Speaker 1: Believe people still smoke, you.
Speaker 3: Know GLP ones.
Speaker 2: You might not know this, Corey, but most GLP ones are shot intraveniously.
Speaker 3: Is that the right word? The with a needle.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine how many more needles must be in the world right now after GLP ones had become.
Speaker 3: A big deal.
Speaker 1: That's a good point.
Speaker 2: I had never ever, one time in my life given myself a shot until I started doing GLP ones, and now I do it once a week. Yeah, and I have for a long time, times me by a gabillion.
Speaker 3: How many more needles are out in the world right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't believe I don't see them everywhere like cigarette butts.
Speaker 3: Cigarette butts drive me.
Speaker 7: Nuts, yeah, sorta cowboy butts do most public bathrooms in like major spots like Mall of America Stadium stuff like that. Do they still have those like needle exchange buckets where you're supposed to put them in there?
Speaker 1: And yeah, no questions asked, just drop your needles off. You don't reuse them.
Speaker 8: I also think the main goal of it is people who are diabetic.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's hey, I know you're gonna do Heroin in here. It's possible. Sure, I mean it's a little of that, but it's mostly for.
Speaker 7: Like, we don't want those needles in the garbage, right's, let's let's do something safe with them.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's a once weekly thing. If you're going to the mall to take your GLP.
Speaker 3: Onet, you do do it in your home. That is a good point. But still, yeah, there must just be piles of them.
Speaker 1: I mean, I you guys have never done Heroin and then done a mall crawl.
Speaker 8: I mean no, the guy Corey and I ran into we were taking our makeup off was I think it's a very strange way to word that.
Speaker 1: It's technically accurate.
Speaker 7: The time that we had to cross dress because we lost the charts challenge and then went to wash it off at nine oh one in Mall of America. There was a guy tweaking out, Oh my god, at nine in the morning. He was on every drugging in the world, including Heroin.
Speaker 10: He walked into the bathroom and saw two guys Washington.
Speaker 1: He was We did not help him come down cleanly.
Speaker 8: He was in the stall, not using the bathroom, if that makes sense.
Speaker 2: It was anyway, wang Fu yeah.
Speaker 7: Said now I'm clear from Red Wing Colorado zeros Uh front Page Sports. His next power to you morning Joe on the fans from the one eight Hunch slurping.
Speaker 3: Up that water out there. Man, it's good. It's good waking up in the morning when it's raining outside. It's so hard to get out of bed.
Speaker 1: It's a plus, it is, it is.
Speaker 7: But what if you got out of bed just you can hear me talk about sports good points, Like, isn't that what everybody wants?
Speaker 3: They can lay in bed and do that.
Speaker 8: Oh true and tex Now for Front Page Sports presented by Holiday Station Stars.
Speaker 7: Holiday Station Stores Limited time. Red Bull three for six fifty Mix and match any flavors of Red Bull that you want, the zero, the sugar free, the regular ones, any of the different flavors red Bull those eight and a half ouncers three for six fifty at holiday.
Speaker 1: Thanks holiday? Here you all today? All right?
Speaker 7: So the Twins are down three rip Rosi's ripping him noon to three, basically saying this.
Speaker 1: Common Sander's time left. Baseball goes nine in twenty of time. Who cares if they don't have any hits? Gep with it.
Speaker 7: The Twins only had three hits, none of them until the seventh innam. But Cody Clemens bottom nine, down to his final strike, I even believe, right, Yeah, he was down to one final swing theoretically hits a walk off grand slam down three rip to win four to three, his nineteenth home run of the season. Now here's something I had never thought of. Have you guys ever heard the phrase, because I'm I didn't.
Speaker 1: Have you guys ever heard of the phrase ultimate grand Slam? I tell you yesterday, yah, and I tell y same. I never heard of it.
Speaker 7: So an ultimate grand Slam is when you are down exactly three runs and hit a walk off grand slam in your.
Speaker 1: Final at bat. So it doesn't have to be bottom nine.
Speaker 7: It could be bottom of twelve, right you just you're down to your final at bat. It's the bottom of the inning and you're down exactly three? How many Ultimate Grand Slams in the history of baseball?
Speaker 1: Cody Clemens did it for the Twins yesterday. History all you saw it, damn it exactly Zach Did you see it?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, everybody saw it. That's no fun. Okay, then maybe you didn't see this.
Speaker 3: Maybe number six? Thank you?
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, that's a different trivia question that I just spoiled. That is the thirty fourth Ultimate Grand.
Speaker 7: Slam in the history of baseball?
Speaker 1: Thirty fourth? How many this season?
Speaker 3: But I would say none.
Speaker 1: One Clemmons the one or another one? I think? Yeah, it is two. That is the second one this season.
Speaker 7: I don't remember who did the other one, but the story second one already in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now here's a number that I hope you didn't see because this is nuts.
Speaker 7: How many consecutive games had the Twins lost down three or more going into their final at bats?
Speaker 1: So again, that could be extra ratings as well.
Speaker 7: My god, how many consecutive games had the Twins lost going into the bottom of the inning down three plus?
Speaker 3: It must be a giant number one.
Speaker 7: Thirty thirty straight, Chris like seventy seventy zach.
Speaker 1: Uh forty eight.
Speaker 7: Ooh swait hen Chris, you said seventy ye, Chris wins and he's the closest.
Speaker 1: Five hundred and eight. Oh my god.
Speaker 7: They had lost five d eight straight games, down three or more going into their final at bats. The last time they won doing that was July of twenty fifteen.
Speaker 1: Remember that it's hard.
Speaker 7: Now here's the one I gave away, so I I'll just say it. Six six is the answer. That is the sixth walk off Grand Slam.
Speaker 1: In Twins history.
Speaker 7: Now again, those don't mean ultimate Grand Slams because you could be down one run and then hit a Grand slams. The sixth walk off Grand Slam in Twins history. Who did the last one? Now this could be a thousand different players.
Speaker 1: I'll eive.
Speaker 7: I'll give you the year. See if you can get it. The last one for the Twins. The last walk off Grand Slam was twenty eighteen.
Speaker 1: See if anybody can pull this name? What was the Twins? I mean Nelson.
Speaker 3: Cruz nope, Nelson Mandela.
Speaker 1: Closer but nope. Uh, Jeff Rebel a nope, No, you're nope. Busts is a good guest.
Speaker 8: But nope, Max Kepler, No, you wish Lombardosi Reese.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna give this.
Speaker 7: This is a huge clue and this will probably give it away. Had a very brief connection to the Power to a Morning show.
Speaker 1: Dozer, Dozer, look at that? You got it? Zachary Brian Doser, Last one to do It twenty eighteen. Oh yeah, man, Cody clemmons man and the bit killing it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he is in the bit that went viral yesterday is somebody tweeted that he was traded to the Twins for cash considerations, and there was a point where you're like, this guy is on the Twin, Like he was so bad at.
Speaker 1: Nineteen home runs this year. He's great, man, he's a good story for that, and he's got some moxie to him. He's got a little bit of a vibe too.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean, it's not a Roger his dad at the Ultimate Box. It's very confident and they made a trade yesterday. Yeah, something called a j minter Am. I supposed to know who that is. He's a thirty two year old lefty, long time Atlanta brave. I don't recognize the name, but I don't follow baseball.
Speaker 8: Jeff Passon, who's the Adam Schefter of baseball, said the Twins have acquired left hander aj Minterer from the New York Mets. He said, the Mets starts selling one of the top relievers on the market. Wow, he's under I think it's a straight rental. They gave away two prospects.
Speaker 7: But young kids too, right, like a nineteen year old kid in twenty like a really young kids.
Speaker 1: So like a second round pick and a sixth round. Me, what do you think they're willing and dealing.
Speaker 8: I mean, it's a it's a two and a half month rental, but they.
Speaker 1: Bought instead of So no, this is a buy. That is something good.
Speaker 8: They need more though, because now, I mean, the momentum they'll have from that Grand Slam last night is perfect. The trade deadline being Monday. Yeah, they they I hope they keep adding.
Speaker 1: So what a moment too. And shout out to our guy Corey Provis Did you hear his call on the walk off Grand Slam? It was outstanding? No, I didn't go back and listen to it. It's pretty in the system of hawk I do.
Speaker 7: But what's cool about it is when the ball leaves Cody Clemens's bat. I think at first Provis was like, I don't know if that's going to clear the wall. So he didn't do the like way back like it was tempered at first, like hit deep, like it was is this going to go?
Speaker 1: And then it when it goes over the wall, then he just loses his mind. And it's also good, great call, you have a hark.
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't know if I'm allowed to play it or not.
Speaker 8: Uh probably, I don't know. I really can you play attack? Oh, Corey, if you give them credit, I'm not sure how that works. Oh wow, there he was.
Speaker 1: That's Corey Provis.
Speaker 7: I told you he was tempered at Ferston and lost his mind once it went over the fence.
Speaker 1: All right, so I like group trivia. Let's do this, the three of you work together. What yes? I know?
Speaker 7: So CBS Sports Today list of the one hundred greatest players in NFL history. According to them, only four of the one hundred are still active. Okay, give me the four players that are currently still playing in the NFL that are among the one hundred greatest.
Speaker 1: Players that have ever lived. Miles Garrett.
Speaker 7: Garrett is not on the list. I think that's a bet sake, ridiculous Holmes.
Speaker 1: Holmes is the first guest from Chris, and yes, he is twelfth on this list all time. Okay, three of the Nope they did they put Kelsey. Travis kelce is forty eighth.
Speaker 3: Are you serious?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean's he's.
Speaker 7: Either the best or second or third best tight end of all time.
Speaker 1: Right, he's in that conversation. Some people think he's the best. I think other people think Tony Gonzalez is the best. Ironk's in the conversation as well, Steve, But Travis kelcey forty eight. All right, you're missing two.
Speaker 3: Defensive players.
Speaker 7: Nope, no, none, not the two remaining active players. They're both offensive players.
Speaker 1: Are offensive lineman nope?
Speaker 3: Did they put jets on there?
Speaker 1: Nope? One. You're gonna kick yourself over.
Speaker 3: It's a quarterback, obviously. Then what quarterback are we thinking of?
Speaker 1: Josh Allen? Oh, Aaron Aaron Rodgers is number eleven.
Speaker 7: He's still active technically, And the last one running back is a running back? Oh, Derek hen Derek Henry is number ninety eight. All right, Now, just for fun, let's see how many the top five you can get, Top five all time according to CBS, Manny Peyton Manny is sixth, just outside the top five.
Speaker 1: Rice Rice is number two.
Speaker 7: Randy Randy was twenty twenty third, stupid, that's going to be way higher. Montana's five, so you have two and five. Barry Sanders was ninth. That's stupid. Reggie Reggie White was eighth. Walter Peyton Chris was fourth. Yep, you're missing one in three. One's obvious.
Speaker 1: What do you want me? Lt No, he's seventh. Tom Brady, tom Brady, of course, Tom Brady's number one.
Speaker 7: All right, number three, you guys can get this. Brady's won. Rice is to Peyton four, Montana five.
Speaker 1: Three is all right.
Speaker 7: This is a giveaway, but I'll give you a hint. This is the guy my dad said was the greatest football.
Speaker 1: Player he's ever seen.
Speaker 7: Jim Brown got Jim Brown number three?
Speaker 1: Sweet man, Yes, sweet man. Sure was all right. You guys did pretty well. That was nice. We'll talk to mister c in a second about Spider Man, so we'll do what really matters. Marty will be here in like ten minutes. This is the Power Morning Over thing.
Speaker 3: You give me a favorite.
Speaker 2: I have audio later of KO on Good Morning Football, yesterday. I think he got pissed and I want to play for you guys later and sea guys agree with you?
Speaker 1: Didn't hear about that? I could be wrong, power Trip, what did you want a fan?
Speaker 8: Sure?
Speaker 10: Five figure Death Punch will be there on August eighteenth, Motley Crew will be there in August twenty first, and Slayer will be there September fourth. To complete details and Oliver upcoming shows in the concert page at KFA dot com your calendar.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 7: Talk to movies, Shelley, Yeah, like a really big movie, like a gigantic, gigantic movie, like maybe you know Odyssey times seven kind of a movie.
Speaker 1: Mister z Hey guys, I'm here so again, daddy. Odyssey just printed money the last couple of weeks. Everybody's loving it.
Speaker 7: But man, the box office is gonna get rocked this weekend because Spider Man is out.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, Spider Man is out. Wet. I was just looking at some numbers last night trying to figure out what it's gonna do. It ended up doing fifty million dollars quote unquote previews because it'll and the you know, this started yeah Thursday, so I'd already got fifty million under the belt, not that that meters that much anyone. But for the biggest opening ever is with three hundred and sixty from Avengers Endgame. The next is Spider Man No Way Home. We had down at two sixty. And so this is at this point, I really hard to tell, but you could easily see three hundred million from this.
Speaker 7: Movie, so overwhelmingly likely the second biggest opening of all time, because it's going to be somewhere in that one hundred million dollar range.
Speaker 12: Right right right, And I realized that's all, you know, Dow ticket prices change and everything like that, but just just as far as a way to keep track and keep score, you know, for you know, there wasn't that many years ago when people were saying, well, maybe theaters are done and people have nice TV shows TVs at home and and and so it's really nice to see that that's not the case. You know, it is for some movies, but not for all of them.
Speaker 7: Is it good because the reviews are pretty solid? Say what nylus percent you would.
Speaker 12: Take, yeah, yeah, it is very good. Yes, So take a step back, and I think the more important factor is probably the audience reviews, because that's what which is almost perfe you know, if you're going to see Spider Man. In other words, if you're forced to go to it, like movie critics are, then you might get a few people who don't care for it, But if you kind of think you might like it, it's it's one hundred percent basically, the cool thing with Spider Man is okay.
Speaker 1: So movies.
Speaker 12: I think that movies do its best job when they kind of take you away to another world, you know, you know, transport you if you will. It's kind of away from your awful daily life and you get to go get to go to the theater and kind of escape somewhere. And superhero movies always do that. The cool thing happens is once a while, you get in a movie that does that that's also good and engaging, and you actually care about the characters, and Tom Holland and kind of does that. Tom Holland and Zenday really good at that. So so not only is that really fun, really cool cool monsters and cool fightning, but you also actually care about the movie. So that's why it's doing so well because of the cast. Speaking of Odyssey, I think it's kind of I think it's interesting that John Barenthal, who's in of course Odyssey. Tom Holland is today all in Odyssey that opened two weeks ago. Are all stars in this movie? So racking up a lot of box cup of dollars for those three actors.
Speaker 1: You know, that's sauce. You mentioned it earlier in this week, and we talk about it all the time. The great superhero movies need a really good villain, otherwise it sometimes kind of falls flat.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't want anybody even to answer this.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying this out loud. I don't even know who the bad guy is in this right, I'm just excited.
Speaker 7: To like, like, let's go see what the vibe is. I don't know who Spider Man's taking on in this one. Don't care Hawk does? Yeah, Joe Barnes, Oh, his brother. No, it's he's the tampac oh Man.
Speaker 1: And how does that work? What is his superpower?
Speaker 3: He's temporary acts man.
Speaker 1: So anyway, mister be yes question.
Speaker 12: It is kind of cool because I'm obviously if you want to find out the answer to that, you can go to the internet find.
Speaker 1: It really quick. But I didn't know, and it is clever.
Speaker 12: The the quote unquote bad guy. Yes, it's cool, it's it's it's it's well written and well worth seeing.
Speaker 8: And I think the other reason, mister Z is it's the lead up to the And I know not everybody like Corlis is pumped for Doomsday like I am, but this is it until Doomsday.
Speaker 1: Man, It's going to be outstanding.
Speaker 8: And I can't wait to see what the post credits scene is because it'll be something sweet.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, well, and Doomsday has got We were nobody was really sure what to expect from Doomsday. All the news was that it was opening the same day as Doom three, which is going to be really interesting box episies. But then they put some tickets up for sale way ahead of time, and it's people are ready buying tickets for Doomsday, which is crazy. So I get a good sign for for Avengers, for Marvel, and yeah, it's really fun that Sony has kind of worked because a Spider Man is a Sony picture, not Disney, which owns Marvel. But so Sony has a well I take that back, but Sony is distributing the film. But yes, you it's it's sort of a mini Avengers almost starting in this in this Spider Man movie.
Speaker 7: Hey what do we think Tom Holland's career is going to be after Spider Man, because I thought he was great in the Odyssey. But I mean, you look at his filmography, it's basically just ten years of Marvel, right, What are we projecting for him when this run is over?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I would guess if it's interesting. I mean you look at probably leading man type stuff. He's really good and so, I mean, nothing's ever guaranteed, but my guess is he's moving on. I know, he just just did an interview on how he's going to kind of pass off this torch, the Spider Man torch, and so he's getting ready for it, and I mean I have no idea. I mean, he seems like he can kind of do just about anything. He's very charming. He's pretty jacked in this film. So he looks good and so yeah, I have no idea what he's going to do next. I could, but pretty much whatever you want to meet. Him and Zendia are a couple I believe still. So it's a very big power couple in Hollywood.
Speaker 1: She's great, Yeah, she's great. He's great. Yeah, Yeah, he's good on everything. Man, It'll be fun.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's relatively. It's even some people that there's some you actually can get a little bit emotional. He's good at if you know the story. I'm not going to get into it because you don't need to. Oh I know John krieseld Dare heard him ask about do you need to really be up on it? You do not need to be up on the Spider mand franchise. It's not that big a deal. I mean, it helps if you care a little bit about how he doesn't know that Zenda doesn't know who he is, that Energy doesn't know who Peter Peker is when this movie starts. But they kind of cover that quick if you need it.
Speaker 1: Oh sweet. Previously on Spider.
Speaker 12: Man, Yeah, it's sort of almost not tight as corny is that? But yeah, all.
Speaker 7: Right, any other options not named Spider Man in the next week or two that that the listeners can care about.
Speaker 12: A few of your your listeners specifically because they believe next week is Super Troopers three, which which isn't a big commercial success, but it has its niche that you know that it'll do. And then I'm really curious I haven't seen yet, super curious to see I think it's what is it called now end of Oak Street or what it used to be called House at the End of Oak Street and Hathaway weird dinosaur movie that I haven't got a chance to see it, but I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: All right, appreciate it, mister Z. Thank you guys.
Speaker 12: Teculator back.
Speaker 7: I think we can say the thing about Monday, can we not? That's not a secret? Is it super Trooper related?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't think it is a secret now.
Speaker 7: No, I believe we're having essentially the entire cast down for an hour from like seven to eight on Monday.
Speaker 1: That. Yeah, I think almost all of them are scheduled to be in. Maybe all great, I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: I think I think it's all of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so yeah, before quarter final number six and the eight o'clock hour on Monday, we're gonna have.
Speaker 1: An hour of super Troopers.
Speaker 7: Hell yeah, including our buddy Eric Stolhansky neat super cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right?
Speaker 1: Should we do it? What really matters?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I think we'll be best friends forever, That's what really matters.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 7: It's brought to you by Ovo lask and lens Go get Lasik from doctor Mark loman Off and doctor.
Speaker 1: David whiteing ovo Hi dot com.
Speaker 8: Thanks you alone, I go see it.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's see here. We already talked about the twins, walk.
Speaker 7: Of the Saints and wide receiver Chris Olave signed a four year, one and thirty two million dollar deal ninety million guaranteed. Still hasn't had a double digit touchdown year. His four years so far four touchdowns, five touchdowns, one touchdown, but nine last year kind of a big breakout year for Olave. He had one hundred catches, eleven hundred and sixty three yards and nine touchdowns and he just got paid.
Speaker 1: He's played with some really bad too. Westy Matters.
Speaker 2: Is this the five hundred year old tradition of Turkish copy reading delicious started in the Ottoman ham Not just as magic, but it's a clever social loophole. Women use the fortunes quote unquote and the cups as a safe excuse to gossip and vent and talk about taboo subjects without getting in trouble. So they'd be like, oh, says here, you might want to take a bath, says here, Paul Lambert's got a tiny wainer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's not guys, that's the.
Speaker 3: Truth saying it again. We heard you the first time she leaves.
Speaker 1: It's getting saying telling you the same thing over and over.
Speaker 3: It drew me a picture of it. Now, yeah, I get it. I get it. It's this weird soblong.
Speaker 7: Can you imagine if you went to a tarot card reading and the lady just busted out an actual deck of cards, eight of clubs.
Speaker 1: That means you are getting fired. You're just reading cards, exactly what tarot cards is. But it looks cool when it's like, oh, you got the saber. That means the old Buick car the same.
Speaker 7: It's a picture of the saber. Jason Zucker, Yep, the same. Hi, Marnie Dellre good morning. Ah Marnie holding up.
Speaker 14: Well Jesus, Yeah, well I would. I don't know if I'm holding up so well. I'm not over it, but I'm here.
Speaker 1: I showed up. You did. Thank you the sign of a true champion. I'm glad you're here you thanks for having me.
Speaker 7: Thank you honest Marni in the morning, because no, parish, it ain't no crystal today. Place is gonna get packed. But we're like, oh, we gotta have Marns on a Friday. It's a Friday. We miss her, which she's gone, right, So thanks for coming in Earth.
Speaker 1: No one cared. Most people don't. Yeah, most people don't.
Speaker 3: I'm changing my tone, Dusty mind cares though. Trying to be kind.
Speaker 1: You're trying to be kind because you need the rain.
Speaker 3: God, you gotta be cruel to be kind. You know what I mean.
Speaker 14: Well, it's there were a couple of spots where it was like flooding on the streets.
Speaker 1: There were some heavy.
Speaker 14: Rain on the way in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the best Yeah, the best kind. All right, let's do more of what really matters. After this.
Speaker 7: We learned about the tea leaves and crystal lave. We got to almost nothing but Marnie's here. We can talk about more sports and more nonsense after this. This is the Power to Morning to you on the fan.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the parts of Morning Show.
Speaker 2: You guys are gonna have to help me out here because I'm gonna reboot my machine.
Speaker 3: The commercials are completely gone. Everything's gone. It all just went blank?
Speaker 1: Is it over mine? Still blank? To ok? Zach? Can we Zach? Greate's all blank?
Speaker 3: Blank?
Speaker 1: To Zach's good at this stuff? Maybe figure something out? But he also passed away it's over for him. No, No, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Man, do it again. Yeah, it's cool though.
Speaker 1: Well, at least the microphone works.
Speaker 7: The microphone always buzzes in his tinny when the phone line is on like that. There's that little humming in the back that's annoying, but we have to have that for later. Like, Hey, while you're trying to rebooth the thing over there, let me just let me read this here hand on.
Speaker 1: The lugs in the blank on mine. Yeah, log here right hand while you're trying to rebooth that.
Speaker 7: Twenty twenty six, Joe Rogan and The Joe Rogan Experience made eighty two million. Podcasting John one year, yep, John Coogan and something called Jordy Hayes for TBPN.
Speaker 1: Don't know what that is.
Speaker 7: That's a podcast seventy million. Steve Bartlett of Diary of the CEO. He made forty five millions, The Cup Ashley Flowers from Crime Junkie forty two million dollars. Will Arnett, Jason Bateman and Sean Hayes of SmartLess thirty seven million dollars. Mel Robbins of the Mel Robbins Podcast made thirty five million dollars Jason and Travis Kelce for New Heights forty five million dollars. Alex Cooper Call Her Daddy Podcast thirty two million dollars, John Favreau, John Lovett, Dan Pfeiffer, and Tommy Vieta.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to say his last name.
Speaker 7: Pod Save America twenty eight million dollars in Charlemagne Na God from the Breakfast Club twenty seven million dollars.
Speaker 1: He's so iron employee. Well, you guys should be doing a podcast. We do, We do it crushes.
Speaker 2: Let's see if I can play it from here.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna try to play it.
Speaker 14: Why aren't you on that list?
Speaker 3: There we go.
Speaker 1: They don't care for us. All right, we're breaking by it from the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 15: This report is sponsored by Newgate School turning cars into second chances to crash to report this one.
Speaker 7: All right, welcome back here, we are all right shooting we got Let's dive in because I want to hear this audio that you had from koc too. Remember, yes, that's to see it for if we think he's actually mad.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, all right.
Speaker 7: More of what really matters, Marnie Gellner is here High Marny, Hi morning.
Speaker 1: All right, here's the sports part of it. How about this Deebo Samuel going back to the Niners after one year in Washington. You guys see that that's a that kind of came out of nowhere. So Deebo had one year in Washington and it was solid. Played sixteen games, seventy two catches, seven hundred and twenty seven yards, five touchdowns. He had a rushing touchdown.
Speaker 7: But the Niners shocking already dealing with injuries. Ricky Piersoll's hurt, maybe significantly hurt. Yeah, Christian Kirk's already banged up. So they're already getting fin at wide receiver and hasn't even started. So they're bringing Deebo back one year up to seven million. That's a pretty sweet deal for a guy as dynamic as Debo can be.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that is Did you see their coach was on a Chicago news station.
Speaker 1: God that was great, My god.
Speaker 7: So you know, for the last handful of weeks, says Mitch McConnell's health has been kind of mysterious, like are we even sure he's alive. There's a photo of Mitch McConnell that went viral like of him sitting in a hospital bed. Well, somebody online photo shopped a very healthy looking Kyle Shanahan into that photo with that red shirt button and I think that is the Asian lady.
Speaker 1: Now is that Mitch McConnell's wife. I'm pretty sure in the original photo. So they photo shopped a very healthy, non broken nose, non stitched up Kyle Shanahan into Mitch McConnell's photo, and a WGN went with.
Speaker 7: Kyle Shanahan post video after serious car crash.
Speaker 1: He couldn't have looked healthier and he's wearing like his games gear, but WGN went with it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I guess Cafe dot com slash watch so good.
Speaker 7: The photo's hilarious because why did nobody from WGM go like, he doesn't look banged up at all. Didn't he break ribs and break his face and almost lose an eye? That doesn't look like he's been in a serious accident. Nobody questioned it. Nobody, man, I swear. I remember early early journalism classes at the U and fact checking was such a huge part.
Speaker 1: Of journalism, right it is.
Speaker 7: You have to check your sources, you have to be sure right, your your integrity is your career.
Speaker 1: It's everything for that now, nobody has time for it.
Speaker 7: So nobody photoshopping AI right videos from past training camps getting posted his new training camp hides nobody wants to do the work. Everybody just goes, let's post it. Yeah, he posted a video from his hospital bed. He looks great. Nobody asked, are we sure this is him? We sure this is real?
Speaker 1: Whoopsies? What really matters though, is this okay?
Speaker 2: So on Good Morning Football yesterday, they were at Viking's headquarters, well one of them was, and so it was like, hey, it's great to see you, Jamie I Rdall I think it was, or maybe it's Kate, I can't remember. One of the two of them was like, hey, it's a great cee and they were having a great time.
Speaker 3: They have a great little interview. They're talking about the quarterback stuff.
Speaker 2: And then Kyle Brandt asked the following question and what I was listening to on my way in this morning, I was like, I'm not I think Ko might have been a little perturbed by that question. You guys, tell me it's two minutes long, but it's worth it. Tell me to stop at any point if you'd like. But again, Good Morning Football. Yesterday, Kyle Brandt asked KO the following question about your quarterback situation.
Speaker 13: JJ is a fascinating guy. I think it's very likable. He became very famous in football through college and all the wonderful things he did. There there's an impression out there that you guys drafted him. When you did, you obviously really really liked him. He started just ten games, just ten games, and he's already here competing for his job, and there's this impression and that maybe he wasn't given enough opportunity and a few weeks from now he may be out of his job, and it was maybe he didn't get a fair shot at this thing.
Speaker 1: What's your response to that.
Speaker 16: Well, Kyle, I would just say from from our standpoint, and really the dialogue that I have with JJ Daly is he's still a very young player in this league. You know, even you know, even the level of you know, the I wouldn't even say scrutiny, but even the tone of the question kind of falls under the category of I want, you know, we want to let him develop, and we want to let him continue to grow, and we and we ultimately want to have him be a guy that can be in a position to help us win football games. But in retrospect at the same time, many times we're saying we want that right now. And I believe he's a young, talented player with an with with a ton of upside in front of him. And you know, we can't go backwards and change the past of maybe some of that development time that was lost either in year one or after getting off to a good start winning a divisional game on the road against the team that won the division in week one last year, he gets hurt and misses some time, and.
Speaker 1: That is not anybody's fault. That's part of the game.
Speaker 16: That's part of what every team in this league goes through and what every player in this league goes through.
Speaker 1: So now what we're trying to do is just make sure.
Speaker 16: Always being mindful of his individual development, where we think he is at, and how we can help get him to a place through competition that will be a really good outcome for JJ and the Minnesota Vikings. And it's my job to make sure that we're always doing what we think is best to win football games. And we feel like we have a really talented team. We feel like we have a team with a ton of upside to compete in a really, really difficult division, and we want that across our whole team, and it's not just the quarterback position.
Speaker 1: As we move through training camp, thoughts a lot of words.
Speaker 2: Look sounded like he was expecting and let's have fun and be Buddy's interview and got a really tough question.
Speaker 1: I think you are yes, you are correct.
Speaker 7: I don't think he's mad though at Kyle brand when he said, like the tone of your question, I think he means I don't think he meant Kyle's tone. I think he just meant, like the negative theme that is being asked about JJ.
Speaker 1: Does that make sense?
Speaker 3: Sure? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, And Marnie, you you've done this for your entire career, had to ask coaches and players questions that that are tough.
Speaker 1: But like.
Speaker 7: There is a weird line between what Kyle Brant just did and like Kyle Brandt asked a question based on like a collective thought, right, Like there's this thought out there about JJ. He didn't say, I think you didn't give him enough time. I think his career is almost on the line. There's this thought that that's the case. How do you respond to that? And that's a really tough thing because there's a there's a viral clip from back in the day where Tom crue who's is getting interviewed by a a a TV critic or a movie critic or something like that, an entertainment reporter, and the guy asks a question about Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruz stops and goes, stop, stop, stop, stop, Now you're over the line. And the guy says something like, well, everybody wants to know. He's like, no, no, no, no, you want to know, So either own it and ask me, don't hide behind like the collective thought.
Speaker 1: If you want to know, you ask it.
Speaker 7: And that's that's a much bigger example of Tom, because Tom got really pissed of what just happened. But I don't think Kyle's question in any way is unfair. If it's very clear that this isn't necessarily my opinion, but this is the thought. And how do you feel about that collective thought? Marnie, your thoughts on that, because you've dealt with this a ton.
Speaker 14: That is Yeah, that is the way to ask a lot of tough questions, and it's in the phrasing. And I'm guessing everybody who is was a part of this interview, part of this show whatever has heard.
Speaker 1: An the form of this.
Speaker 14: Question asked to Kevin O'Connell and how he has answered it, and that he is a little irritated by it and therefore was probably prepared for any kind of response or any kind of like I'm a little fed up with this, I'm tired of this or whatever. And so then but you also know it's like topic number one. It is and it continues to be and so then it's just like, oh, how do we ask this without him biting our heads off?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And this is how you ask it? Was there video? I assume with this, Yeah?
Speaker 14: Yeah, And in the video hawk, does it look like there is a little bit of irritation or does it look.
Speaker 2: It looks like like I like, I think I am I think hearing it again this time loading it in. I do believe everybody was expecting that it was going to be. Uh, let's talk about how good the facilities are with the Minnesota Vikings. Let's talk about how good it is to sign our right tackle. And then Kyle Brandt comes in and asks this question, and I don't think I just I think he was unprepared to answer a hard question like that at that moment, That's how it looked to me. Maybe I'm wrong in that, and and uh, I still feel like Chao's smoother than that, you know what I mean. He's always got an answer, and he's always and it seems like, you know, it's coming off the top of his head. He stammered quite a bit there, and I even edited out some silence on that to make it shorter.
Speaker 3: Really yeah, exactly so, because there.
Speaker 1: Was a point in there when he was like, the.
Speaker 14: Right, and that is not characteristic.
Speaker 2: So you're right, right, you know what else I heard him what you can see too, because we've done it here before. Anytime you ask a hard question like that, there's so much anxiety, at least for me, that you want to be like uh huh, yeah, yeah, you got right.
Speaker 3: U huh you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like you can hear everybody in the studio, the other host going yeah huh right, like giving you know, trying to.
Speaker 1: Life. Yeah. Yeah. Side note, Kyle Brandt is a lot smarter than I thought. He's great.
Speaker 7: I'm not a you know, I don't watch a lot of Good Morning Football, but I've obviously known who he has been for a long time. But he does a lot of those Bill Simmons podcast he does, like the We're Watchables.
Speaker 1: Or the Breakdown movies. Right, he went to Princeton.
Speaker 7: I know he went for Princeton to play football, but like technically he went to Princeton.
Speaker 1: He's really smart.
Speaker 7: He's great and if you're listening to some of those podcasts in long form, just just you know, winging it, not just necessarily a good morning football. He's that dude's pretty quick. Oh yeah, So I think he's smart enough to know what he's doing there.
Speaker 1: I don't think. I don't. I definitely don't think he intended to know. But to ask a tough question, just to ask a tough he has to ask it. Somebody's got to ask somebody. So, like you said, Marty, you almost have to ask it like that to not be confrontational.
Speaker 7: It's very different. You're like, this kid's career is almost over. Man, is he hanging on by a thread? And that means you're asking that correct.
Speaker 3: The question was did you guys mess up? What's the question?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean that that's.
Speaker 2: If you were asking you just point Blake if you're looking and now I go, did you screw up JJ McCarthy. That's basically what Kyle Brand is asking he does it more creatively.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yep, And I don't know what they're gonna do with the kid, right, Like Kyle.
Speaker 2: Yesterday from everything I read, Sassy, did you hear the same things? He was the star of camp.
Speaker 8: Yesterday from here he was, and I think some of the comeback to that from some of the people that were there, and the context of it is McCarthy knows the offense, right, so he has a leg up on that. And McCarthy's big time throws yesterday from what I saw on Twitter, were against the second team, right, And I think Kyler is really struggling not knowing this what we heard from feeling over, you know, when he was on it was either PA or when he was on ESPN talking about how there's like twenty checks at the line of scrimmage. I think Kyler is really struggling with that. JJ as of now, knows the offense, knows the receivers and all that. But yeah, from the yesterday at least McCarthy played in practice very well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mars. Before we wrap it up and go to the news.
Speaker 7: In the next segment, do you ever ask a question that you thought was fair and a collective kind of question but they took it really negatively and didn't understand your tone off the.
Speaker 1: Top of your Can you think of those? Yes, give me, give me an example or two. Name names if you want, name names if you don't want, whatever the deal is, But.
Speaker 14: Well, multiple multiple times with former Timberwolves head coach with a.
Speaker 1: Very short nickname.
Speaker 7: Nope, oh not one tips No, a current regular guest on the.
Speaker 1: Bumper to Bumper shows. Oh is that right? Is that right? Yeah? Didn't care for your questions.
Speaker 14: I think heard them differently than they were actually asked. Mis read your tone frequently. Really, Yeah, that's fun fortunate. I think it happens all the time with coaches, and I think they just they get bombarded with questions all the time, and when things aren't going well, especially or who knows what just happened in the locker room or the meeting room or whatever they just came out of. We have no idea what happened twenty seconds before. They're standing in front of us a lot of times, and they're human beings. So I've never asked a bad question, So I don't know the problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, get that right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, but.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I've had some awkward Okay, I'll rephrase this. I'll let the silence sit for a few seconds, and then I'll rephrase.
Speaker 7: Is this mostly like at the practice facility or like actually on the court in between quarters or after the thing?
Speaker 1: When did it happen? The most.
Speaker 14: Awkward before before games, like the five o'clock coach day of game availability.
Speaker 1: But the tensions are high, what say? What this is?
Speaker 2: Because you've been drinking and you kind of you got you know, tongue gets a little loose there and.
Speaker 3: You start asking hard questions like.
Speaker 1: Maybe, yeah, it happens a chance.
Speaker 7: Let me ask you a tough question then, and you don't have to answer if you don't want to.
Speaker 1: Like this weekend, if you were going to drink something, what would you drink?
Speaker 14: Well, that's actually not a tough question because the answer is surfside. The tough part would be which surfside?
Speaker 1: And how many? Right? Okay, you don't have to get all like pissy about it. I just asked me.
Speaker 7: We know every it wasn't me. Everybody was wondering what you were drinking this weekend?
Speaker 1: Is a collective question.
Speaker 14: I should have been drinking on Monday morning because call me Colorado.
Speaker 1: I zero, but you were suf side. Thanks Marins. The news is next Power Fan from the one eight hundred ASK Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 15: This report ward is sponsored by Luther Brookdale MASDA