Speaker 1: Welcome to the Nightcap on seven under WLW Election night in Cincinnati and elsewhere, and of course we'll be covering those results.
Speaker 2: It looks like have Ted purvol has been it's projected to win the mayor's race in Cincinnati, and the city council isn't changing.
Speaker 3: And you have to scratch your head and wonder.
Speaker 2: Why, except that people who were concerned about the way things have been going didn't turn out and vote again Again, we'll get to that. Gary Jeff with you on this Tuesday night, November fourth, and it is off yr election night.
Speaker 3: And before we begin, just.
Speaker 2: Some thoughts on election night, especially one of these next to your course in midterms and you will see greater turnout and more enthusiasm and more energy and more electricity around that because it really determines the balance of power in our federal government. But all politics is local, I thought. And when you have routinely in a city, say like Cincinnati, where only twenty percent of the population turns out, unless it's a presidential election or even a midterm election, a mayoral election, this is the election that controls how your city is governed, where you live, and you don't show up at the polls unless you are one of those extremely partisan people. And in the city of Cincinnati, most of those extremely partisan people are Democrats, obviously by the results that we get in almost every election for how many of the last few decades, fifty sixty years.
Speaker 3: Something like that.
Speaker 2: You can't expect change if you don't go out and pull the lever, or you don't have your vote registered. And I was thinking about that too from my particular standpoint, and not just in off year elections. I had nothing to vote for it all. I live in northern Kentucky and there was nothing on the ballot on the issues really for me to voice my opinion about, which I do every time I get a chance. I don't live in Cincinnati. I don't live in Cleveland either, Samwish, but I don't live in New Jersey or Virginia or New York City. And the way I am seeing these races shape up around the country, I'm really glad I don't because I wouldn't vote for any of these people who are the current front runners right now, unless even if I had a gun to my head, even if I was being promised everything free for the rest of my life. We have politicians offering you free stuff, all freedom goes away, all real freedom, and those of us who are smart enough know that. I wouldn't say that a lot of gen z qualifies as smart enough. And apparently in New York City at least they've been energized to vote for a communist calling whatever you want. But there are more important things. My wife and I just got back from Middle Tennessee to see my parents this weekend. Had a great overnight visit with mom and dad on Sunday, came back yesterday afternoon. Not enough time, but at least we got to go. My dad was eighty nine last Thursday night on November or October thirtieth, eighty nine and still just hanging in there. My mother is eighty eight, and she is absolutely a machine, energizer, bunner, a bunny plus. But I got off the phone with my mom this afternoon found out that quite suddenly, one of my younger brothers, John had emergency surgery, just out of the blue, to reconnect his intestines with his stomach. Stuff wasn't getting through. But this is just like like that. Nobody knew anything was wrong until it was, and he's in ICU right now at a hospital in Smyrna, Tennessee. My brother John, My brother Dwyane, who was going to take my mother from Hendersonville out to Smyrna to see my brother in the hospital, had a car accident on the way to go to pick my mom up. Must be the bare moon on the way. Our first guest of the evening is a woman who is an independent journalist. She is a White House reporter. Her name is Karin Clifford, and we'll talk about the implications for the Trump administration with the elections that are going on tonight and what it means for the midterms. Who knows Karinn Clifford on the way In just a few moments. My old buddy Rick Robinson, lawyer and author and friend, will join us at nine thirty five. He spent many a year in Washington, d c.
Speaker 3: And in the.
Speaker 2: Powers of political the corridors of political power in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Worked with Jim Bunning when he was in the Senate. He will join us a little bit later on this hour. Jim Nacy, who knows a lot about elections. He's won some, he's lost some, and has some definite opinions, not only on what went on around the country in the elections that were held, but also the government shut down, which is shaping up now to be the longest ever in our country's history. And at eleven o'clock we will have an hour of sports for the out of sorts. The wild Man Ann Furman will join us regular Night Cap contributors, and you can be a contributor to The phone lines are open all night, so I've got anything that sparks your fancy or you want to chime in on elections or otherwise. And of course, the horrific plane takeoff crash in Louisville today around ten after five this afternoon that laid a huge swath of fire all over the runway at Muhammad Ali International Airport, left three people dead, eleven injured, and thousands under a stay in place order with the jet fuel all over the place and fire and the ensuing smoke from that fire. So it's been a big day, not necessarily the kind that you want to see, but lots to cover. It's nine sixteen current. Think Clifford will join this in just a few moments from the Washington Reporters Press Pool on seven hundred WLW. On this election night, in Cincinnati and elsewhere around the country. Gary Jeff with you on the Nightcap on seven hundred WLW, joining us now is a prominent member of the White House Press Corps, independent journalist and spokesperson for SAT one two three dot com, a leading provider of emergency communication tools, originally from Pacific Palisades, California, which, of course we all saw tragically destroyed by the wildfires in January of this year. She has a very personal perspective coverage of emergencies and national crises. Just had an emergency today at Muhammad Ali International Airport down the road in Louisville, Kentucky. Korinn Clifford joins us Karin, Good evening. I understand from what my producer says that you're sounding a lot like Secretary Kennedy right now.
Speaker 3: You're so horse from doing interviews all day.
Speaker 4: Yes, I sound like Secret Kennedy. I actually sound a lot like Demi Moore too. I lost my voice from the election coverage I've been doing all day at the White House.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. Well, you know, I think it's actually quite fetching. And uh I love I love it. I love a good voice.
Speaker 4: Especially that one I can give you a really good voice. It sounds like to me more.
Speaker 3: It does sound in your in your.
Speaker 2: Former state of California. You know you don't live in California.
Speaker 4: Anymore, right, I live in California.
Speaker 3: You do.
Speaker 4: Virginia, Washington, d C. And Florida, and I registered to vote in all three states. I didn't register in DC. I registered in California, Virginia, and Florida. And I got threatened by the deputy sheriff if I vote, they will arrest me.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, you should, just you should. You should become a Democrat and they'll let you do it.
Speaker 4: Exactly exactly. They're telling me that because I registered in three states, which I don't believe right to do that, I can't vote. But I didn't vote. I didn't vote because what's the point. Yes, the Democrats are winning everything because they mess with our elections. I have phone calls coming from all over America, from very simple electioneering to very complex where they won't let people vote and then they just throw your bullet in the trust. In Virginia, you don't even have to show ida vote. How is that possible?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 2: Well, that explains the large margin that Spamberger has over wins Sea. Uh, if they've just called New Jersey for Mikey Cheryl, do you think do you think that Jack Chittarelli after the third time should just say Okay, maybe somebody else needs this. I will tell you what's interesting though, And I'm just seeing it on the screen, Karen, is that in New York mon Donnie is forty nine percent, Curtis Lee was eight point nine, Cuoma was forty one. So it's it's literally a dead heat in New York City. But because Slee was in the race, it looks like Mom Donnie is going to true to form win. This may Earl's race there.
Speaker 4: Slee and I love him known personally, he's an amazing person. That he should have dropped out of the race. He should have dropped out of the race and let Cloma wins.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Between the two of them, they've got forty nine point six percent of the vote.
Speaker 4: Yes, And did you see that Elon Musk is tweeting that there is a weird problem with the ballot in New York City. So Elon Musk is admitting that there's election corruption, potential fraud happening in the New York City race.
Speaker 3: It wouldn't surprise me a bit.
Speaker 2: After what was pulled off in twenty twenty around the country in places like Pennsylvania, And that's all.
Speaker 4: Right, yes, And they haven't cleaned the voter rolls in New York City, so dead people vote. In Virginia, we have a major migrant crisis, and they're letting the illegals vote. In California is a train wreck because they're redistricting it. We have to go to executive orders by governors and of course President Trump to hand count vote. We have to use paper ballots and a receipt for you voted for, and we have to hand count the vote before the twenty twenty six midterms.
Speaker 2: This is this is the only thing you you say that will guarantee a free and fair election.
Speaker 3: Karin.
Speaker 4: Yes, we're in trouble. Our elections are corrupted. And I've interviewed hundreds of people across America because they call me. I dogs my phone number and they tell me what they're going through. That's why I lost my voice today. There's so much election.
Speaker 2: Well you thought you would have thought, Karin talking to Karin Clifford, White House reporter and a spokesperson for SAD one two three dot com Krinn, you would have thought after twenty twenty and the court battles that were won too late, after the fact, uh, that we were over that in this country. You'd have thought that people enough people had woken up to not let that ever happen again.
Speaker 5: But apparently we have to.
Speaker 4: Paper ballot. Of course, id you have idea, but we have to handcout the vote. We cannot use machines. We cannot trust any machines. And I have studied this for years now, for years and years.
Speaker 3: And President Trump has old.
Speaker 4: Team, and we better take action before the twenty twenty six the terms. It's going to be a mess.
Speaker 2: So do you think that means communists?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 2: I know, do you think that being said Karin, that this election really means anything as far as the Democrats regaining power in the House or the Senate, or that there's some kind of blue wave coming next year or this is an aberration and it's all been caused by election fraud.
Speaker 4: No, listen, there is no blue waves coming. There is no blue waves coming. This is happening because we do not have secure elections. We have to go to paper pilots. We have to go to hand counting the vote. The Democrats to not be winning California is Republican. I interview hundreds of people across America. The elections are.
Speaker 2: Corrupted and now and now Newsom has convinced the population or maybe through vote fraud, is getting Prop fifty passed, and they're going to try and ensure that it's almost impossible for a Republican to get elected in the House of Representatives from California.
Speaker 4: Yes, to read this certainment. So it's a big mess. We're in trouble because we haven't taken action. We talk that we haven't done any new orders to meet.
Speaker 3: The elections fair, Karen.
Speaker 2: If people want to find out more, they can go to If people want to find out more, they go to SAT one two three dot com. As far as your emergency preparedness that you're heavily involved with, we're out of time, sadly, and you, young lady, need to go rest your voice.
Speaker 4: God bless you, Thank you.
Speaker 2: God bless you. Thanks for hanging in there long enough for us to get that done. Fraudulent elections in New York City, in New Jersey and Virginia, she says, yes, and in California.
Speaker 3: Scary stuff.
Speaker 2: Nine thirty News time at seven hundred WLW meet the new City Council in Cincinnati same as the old city council except for Victoria Parks. That atrocity went away anyway, And the mayoral r says, you know, has been called for f tab purevol for quite a while now. And my friend Pastor Cory Bowman, who put on a brilliant campaign, just not enough turnout people who truly care about the city to make a change and make a difference that the city desperately needs. And around the country more election results that are all favoring Democrats so far. The race just called in New York City a communist, he calls himself a Democrat socialist. Zran Memdani is going to win with just over fifty percent of the vote.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Andrew Cuomo had forty one point three percent of the vote. Curtis Leiwa had seven point five percent of the vote. So that's forty eight point eight if by math is correct, and it seldom is to fifty point four for this smiling piece of well, I'm not entitled to an opinion. I don't live in New York City. But basically, what seems to me to be an empty suit promising everything free. And as I mentioned earlier, if everything's free, then you really don't have any freedom as an individual. Soviet Union, Venezuela, Cuba, check it out, Communist China. To talk about election night, a guy who's been on the inner workings of many a political campaign. He's been inside the Beltway in Washington, DC, He's been to Frankfurt. He probably has a chair there at some bourbon bar with his name engraved on the back of it. He is our guest. Now, my friend, author lawyer Rick Robinson joins us. Hello, mister Robinson, how.
Speaker 3: Are you meet the boss?
Speaker 7: Say?
Speaker 3: Oh, boss, that's it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I welcome to Cincinnati politics. I tell you what, you gotta love that one.
Speaker 2: The wheel just goes round and round and round, and the and the Gerbils still isn't is any the wiser anyway?
Speaker 3: Go ahead?
Speaker 8: You know you know what I love about that race. The guy who broke into the house of the congressional candidate Fisher was the day I can't remember. He's not last.
Speaker 2: Well in Virginia, the attorney general might not be the guy who fantasized about putting bullets in the head of the then Republican Speaker of the House in the Commonwealth. He was leading by a slim margin earlier, but a split ticket in what is usually fairly blue Virginia. It may it may happen that that race has not been called. As far as I know, the Attorney General's race with Jay Jones, I don't.
Speaker 8: I do not think it has. I've been following a couple of these races and I don't think that one has been been called yet.
Speaker 2: Who fantasized about putting ahead in mister Gilbert h putting bullets in mister Gilbert's head and then having his children die in their mother's arms as she wept. This is something. This is someone that people in Virginia, you know, still feel inclined to vote for.
Speaker 8: That really doesn't fit very well on a bumper sticker. You're right about you gotta that's a lot of words. You gotta know how you put that on a bumper stick right?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 8: Yard sign maybe you know, But yeah, that's still just a lot of ready to do.
Speaker 2: Oh God, who was a comedian who used to say I'll kill you a million times?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 2: It's maybe maybe that's what he should have on his bumper sticker. Jay Jones in Virginia. You had some Dick's Dick Cheney stories you wanted to share, and and I think it would be an appropriate time post mortem.
Speaker 8: Uh I got I got to tell you that there are a couple of times that with candidates that I was working with are helping out or doing other things, Cheney would come in and do these various uh you know new fundraiser that was a big deal. I mean you getting the vice president to come into things. And my favorite one actually, and my my wife and I were laughing about this today because we when we when we saw this. One of the things you do when you when you get to the point of of having somebody like that come in for a fundraiser, one of the things that's very important is you get a certain number of pictures. So when there's a line coming in, you know, and you know you got people lined up, you may get and fifty clicks and if you're fifty one, you don't get a click. Doesn't matter who you are. I saw Stan Airnoff turned away one time in the air and off building. Whoa he And it's funny he looked at the secret third and he goes, you know how I am and the guy said Cigaret Thursday. He said, yes, sir, you're the first person in the line that's not going to get a picture with the vice president. But we had this fundraiser coming in and one thing do you do when you get these photo lines is you put somebody at click zero you get the first picture, which when we would run these for buddy and it would be my wife, and then we would put somebody at the back of the line for click number whatever number we were arrest allowed. So Linda is sitting there, and what is it interesting in this particular fundraiser is that Lynn Cheney came to northern Kentucky as well because she hadn't seen her husband for a while. He had been on the road of campaigns. So they were meeting in Cincinnati, spend him a couple of days. Here, she's clicked zero. She and Lynn Cheney hit it off together. They have a wonderful time. They're doing everything she's Lynn Cheney is telling her all about her husband, the vice president, everything else. He comes walking around the corner and she goes and Linda, this is my husband, my husband, the Vice President, Dick Cheney, And Linda reaches over with such excitement as having a Messa guy and haven't heard about she reaches around and HUNSI. Now, one thing you don't do is secret hers around. What happened what happened to your wife? Well, you know, you know after she was out of the hospital. No, seriously, the funny, the funny part of it was like Cheney's reaction was like, hey, hey, hey, que in contact. You know.
Speaker 3: So you never you never went hunting with Dick Cheney.
Speaker 8: No, I never went hunting with Dick Cheney. Always always stay away from that. I there there are things you things you do in politics and things you don't do, one of which is don't go bird hunting with Dick Chenning. That's a bad idea. What a love to gone fly fissuing with him though he was quite a fly fisher.
Speaker 2: I understand that, being from from Wyoming and all of that. A whole lot of that out there.
Speaker 3: Uh any other Cheney references? Uh, what's the news of his passage?
Speaker 8: That's the same event of Another funny story is that the influence of some people have is that everybody knew during that time frame the context that Carl Linder had with the Bush administration. And we're getting ready to put on that fundraiser, and I get a call from the gatekeeper. There was a person in ch in uh Carl Linder's office that literally was known as quote the gatekeeper.
Speaker 3: She calls me up and.
Speaker 8: She said, you know, you know, mister would like to come down and say hi the vice president. And I said, you know the routine. I'm going to tell the advanced guy what's going on, and he's not going to allow it. She said, yeah, but I'd like to try and get it through proper channels first and then I'll figure it out. So I walked over to the advanced guy and I said, you know, there's somebody that you know called him months to say hi the vice president of the courtesy. And he goes, Rick, you know, I did this all the time for the vice president, and every place I go, somebody's the vice president's best friend, and you know we can't let people back in the hallway to meet him without having being clared. And he guts you and I said, remember this conversation in fifteen minutes. Fifteen minutes later, the guy walks up to me and he goes, who the hell is Carl Linder? I said, why is that? He goes, I just got a phone call from the White House yelling at me what was I doing in so Carl Linder that I was to go out and find him at his Rolls Royce and escort him personally in the back room to say hi to Dick Cheney.
Speaker 5: Who the hell is this guy?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 8: Yeah, so you know it's that was one of the things I kind of you know, that was one of the proud moments where I guess, I'm looking at him, went told you.
Speaker 2: So, oh, so I will let you know that they just called the race for attorney general in Virginia and the guy who threatened to kill the Republican Speaker of the House actually won that race.
Speaker 3: That this is just amazing.
Speaker 8: Bumper stickers. It's on a bumper sticker. Yeah, you know, there were a bunch of things, and I, you know, on an election night, you and I always talk about this. You know, you you are so into the policy side. I am so into the political side, and I always like to give you the five things that I'm watching.
Speaker 3: Okay, on an election Yeah.
Speaker 8: Because you and I always disagree on on this stuff. You kind of look at me like, please don't tell me anything more about the horse race, all about the horse race. So you know, I'm watching right now looking up at the TV and seeing that Aftab has just given his his victory speech. But I ran across an interesting piece of polling this weekend and it was really interesting to me to look at this polling, and it particularly pertained to me to the Cincinnati City Council race. And the polling basically said, you know, we see all this stuff going right direction, wrong direction. Suddenly the wrong direction is taking over.
Speaker 3: Whose fault is that?
Speaker 8: You know, Democrats are blaming Republican Republicans are blaming Democrats.
Speaker 9: But if you dig down in this some of the polling data, what the other thing you found is Democrats are pissed at the Democrat leadership and Republicans are that the Republican leadership.
Speaker 8: Which brought me to Cincinnati City Council of going. I wonder how the Charter Rights will do.
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 8: Will they make any e dent into all of this? And you just told me that apparently that apparently not, which surprised me. I thought, you know, it, having such a background in Cincinnati at the Charter Right Party, that with the problems going on in the city, here's some people going out there.
Speaker 3: You know, you know Chris.
Speaker 8: Smitherman running as an independent. You know Steve Gooden, my my pal used to practice law with him. Uh, you know running as a charter right. I thought i'd have an impact. I really did. And obviously no change. It looks like in a city council.
Speaker 2: Well, the change has to come from the voter obviously, unless, as my friend Karin Clifford, who was on with me before the news breaks, as the voting machines have to be changed.
Speaker 3: But the change, you can't blame me.
Speaker 8: I disagree with her all that.
Speaker 2: I don't know why you disagree. I'm I'm all in favor of all paper ballots all the time, hand counted.
Speaker 8: With. All you have to do is look at one race, is get heady race and gets thrown in Kentucky, paper ballots are the downfall of them. They're the easiest going to pick the race. I will save that for another. We'll save that for another.
Speaker 2: But no, you have to blame ultimately the voters, I mean absolutely for not coming out number one. The turnout instance, I don't have an exact figure on the turnout in Cincinnati, but it usually is about twenty percent and that's you know, unless it's a presidential election, unless it's a national federal election, the president's on the ballot, then you have closer to forty to fifty percent turnout in Cincinnati. But for these races that should matter most to the local voter, they don't show up. Rick Only the partisans show up, the real partisan. But the average person, the average person whose life is going to be adversely or positively affected by the result.
Speaker 3: They don't show up.
Speaker 2: The guy who's working a job, who has a family, who is struggling to make ends meet, who's trying to just get home safely every night to his wife. And you know, they're just trying to get home to their families, men and women, and they see the carnage and the chaos every single day, and they want to change. Why don't they actively pursue change instead of sitting on their hands and ignoring it.
Speaker 8: There used to be a guy in northern Kentucky who was in the Republican Party who used to refer to it as the recalcitrant Republicans.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean Democrats, I mean even passive Democrats. Recalcitrant Democrats don't show up. If twenty percent is all that's turning out for a mayoral and city council race. That means Democrats are staying home too, because they know they got all of the diehards to carry their water for them, and they'll be happy with the result no matter who the person is, as long as there's a D in front of their name. I think it's ridiculous. Just real quickly, in the last few minutes, we've got rick other things. You said to watch.
Speaker 8: For other things. Everybody's talking about New York. Who cares it's New York. Put it to the side. It is interesting that he's talking big, big national issues in a local race. Better to watch as to what's going on with progressive mayor races. I look at Albuquerque mayor races. The progressive mayor all nonpartisan ballot come under fire in the last, uh, you know, several several years. Let's take a look at that see if in fact he can you know, I think he's gonna win reelection, but with what number crowded ballot. Certainly going to has the shot in the crowded ballot. But a much better race to look at on the progressive local level, uh than New York City. Virginia and California or Virginia New Jersey. The interesting thing that I'm seeing so far is that not necessarily that the Democrat won in those in those states. New Jersey is a is a D state that will occasionally go are in local races, but still a pretty strong D, say Virginia. The same thing what I'm seeing though early on, is that several counties flipped, especially in New Jersey. Now this is backed by a very weak comparison candidate because you're comparing it against the Harris campaign that although they won both of those states, did not win with the margins that they probably should have. But as you take a look at it, a lot of those counties are flipping, like to see what's going on there. And the final thing is the and I guess the thing that I'm not watching. I'm not watching proposition fifty. Why it's because it's a point in time in a month, it could be a different point in time, But it doesn't tell me anything about what's going to happen in the future voter turnout in anything.
Speaker 2: Okay, So even if the districts are in what Princeton called the worst jerrymandering ever done in the history of the country by their independent analysis of that that that's not a big deal.
Speaker 8: I'm against first off, I'm against all of the redistricting and the to to get advantages in the terms. I'm against it in Texas, I'm against it in California. I'm against it if they try and do it in Pennsylvania, you name it, where they're doing it. I'm against changing the rules in the middle of theutry. I think that's a bad policy. I think that's bad government. All right, But you know, California, it's the point of time for them. It has no indications as to where anything's going to go in the next in the next election.
Speaker 2: All right, Rick, thank you so much. It's uh, it's good to have a conversation with you again. It's good to have you on tonight. It's good to talk to you anytime. And uh, my best will wish is for your health and everything else that's going on.
Speaker 8: All right, bro oh, thanks, cal I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: You got it. Jim Ornacy will join us after the news, which is next. It is the night camp on election night.
Speaker 2: I'm seven under WLW all over but the shout and we're going to shout a little bit more between now and midnight still to come. The wild Man will join us and Andy Ferman next hour and at the top of this hour. I think it's important on election night to have somebody who's actually been personally individually a candidate, somebody who has skin in the game, Like we all don't have skin, and we're supposed to all have skin in the game. That's why we vote and turn out, if we actually vote and turn out. But as far as candidates go, this guy, our next guest, has been on both sides, the winning and the losing side. So to get some perspective on what both of those things are like an election night, let's talk to our friend Jim Renesi, who was a former congressman, businessman, and glad to call him my friend, at least for the purposes for this conversation. Anyway, mister Reneesi, how are you tonight?
Speaker 7: I'm good, I think gary better question is how are we all tonight? As we see a lot of things happening across this country which aren't good for Republicans, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if they're not good for Republicans, I kind of tend to disagree with them being bad for Republicans necessarily in the places where you expect Democrats to prevail, and those places were all the signature races that turned out well for the Blue people. And so I don't know how necessarily damaging this is for Republicans. You have a different opinion, obviously, tell me why it's just terrible for Republicans that in blue states like New Jersey, Virginia, and the bluest of the blue metropolis is New York City, that a Democrat or a Democrat socialist winning is necessarily bad for the Republicans as a whole.
Speaker 7: Well, see, I think those are the key races. But I think if you look across the country, which I've been trying to do, and even local races. I mean, I'll give you example. In Wadsworth, Ohio, Yeah, the town I live in, three Republicans were defeated by three Democrats on city council. One Democrat nobody even knows who he is. All he did was sign a petition never was seen. So what that tells me on local elections, especially something like that is people the Democrats were more engaged, Republicans were more laxa daisical, which that's always what happens to voter turnout is very low across the state of Ohio, which is a whole other issue. And you know, I think Republican enthusiasm was missing. Yeah, these these Democrats were expected to win, but the margins also were pretty strong. I mean, fifty six to forty three on the Virginia governor's race. And let's not forget that Virginia was a Republican governor. Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know what's also curious to me is in the polls previous two election day in Virginia, fifty seven percent of those polled approved of Glenn Youngkin's job as governor. Virginia has you can only serve one term at a time in the Commonwealth of Virginia. So he wasn't termed out, Younkin wasn't He just couldn't run again because he served his term. I guess he could come back for another bite at the apple in four years if that's what he wanted to do. But people were generally very happy with the job he was doing his governor, which that's a curious thing to me.
Speaker 7: Well exactly, and I think that's that's probably from a national perspective, that's the one race that is probably more. It should be more concerning for Republicans. But again, look at the numbers. That's what's scary. The Virginia governor fifty six forty two. I mean, these numbers, the lieutenant governor fifty five forty four. These are not close races. And yeah they're blues, they're blue states, but they were blue states with a red governor. So that's uh, that's that should be concerning. And the attorney general, the Republican attorney general who everybody said was doing well, Jason my h.
Speaker 2: Jason Myers lost to Jay Jones, a guy who, uh, in any kind of right thinking society, would have had absolutely no shot to be the top law enforcement officer in the state. After threatening or fantasizing about putting a bullet in the Republican Speaker of the House's head famously or infamously, and watching fantasizing about watching his children die in their mother's arms, and this guy got elected to the position. I find that just shocking.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, I think we're going to see that. I do think there is a you know, it happens, it always happens on the midterms after a Republican or Democrat wins the presidency. I mean, Republicans have to get engaged. I hope this is a wake up call. But like I said, I think what we're going to find across the country is that we're going to see a little bit of a minor Democrat wave on the local races. Even your even your Cincinnati mayor's race didn't appear to be very close at all either. So again, you start putting all these pieces together. Yes these are blue areas, Yes these are blue counties, Yes these are blue states. But you know, we've got we've got a Republican House, or Republican Senate, a Republican House of representative, Republican president. You would think there'd be a little wind behind the cells to at least keep these things a little closer, and they weren't. So that's the concern I have. But I really the big concern is turnout, turnout, turnout. I think what we're going to find, you know, yeah, in Ohio it's going to you know, four years ago it was a kneemic, and I think what we're going to find in looking at these races, it's even worse. I mean, turnout was up here in Northeast Ohio was about a half of it was two of what it was two years ago, and two years ago it was a name, so people did not go out and vote. And when that happens, whoever, who whatever team gets the most voters out wins. And I think that's that's a little bit of the concern I have as well.
Speaker 2: You say two years ago, but I mean last year. Obviously in the national election, we had major turnouts in Cincinnati and many places around the country. But you can't just turn out for the presidential elections. You have to show up all the time. And you're right about the apathy of Republicans seemingly dominating this particular particular off year election. These are these aren't even the midterms, and like you said, maybe this is the wake up call so there's not a blue wave next November and everything switches over in the House, in the Senate. I think that the Democrats haven't done themselves any favor with this continuing government shutdown. And you told me a month ago that or almost a month ago, that the Democrats were winning the messaging on the government shutdown. I don't believe that's the case certainly, now, do you still?
Speaker 7: All I can tell you is the polling still shows a larger number blame the Republicans and Donald Trump. Then they blamed Democrats. Now it's close, but it's you know, it's like fifty five percent blame Republicans and Donald Trump and four forty three percent blame Democrats. So I think in the end it's leaning more to blaming Republicans. But here's what'll be interesting, and I've been saying this in some of my other appearances on radio and even my commentary. Today will mark the day that Republicans and Democrats come back and they will reopen this government. My opinion is very quickly. They wanted to see Many people wanted to see what happened with these elections. But now that this election's over, there's not much to talk about except getting back to work. And I'm hoping that we see an agreement. I see Republicans and Democrats are working together in the Senate. I'm hoping we can get this government open, because the longer it stays close, I'm telling you, the people who get the mass or the independence, and we did talk about this and the Independence are blaming Republicans right now more than they're blaming Democrats.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: I'm amazed that somebody who calls himself an independent is that misinformed of facts? Because when you see the Democrats continuing, people like Schumer continually time after time saying we can't shut the government down and then does it because he's afraid he's going to get more flack that he got last March when he agreed to keep the government open from the far left wing of his party. And do you think that Mandani signals the fact that the Democrat Party is being taken over by Democrats socialists or communists. Many people are pointing to that, and I think it's a real distinct possibility with the popularity of the squad and everything else that we've seen in the Democrat Party over the last five to six years, maybe longer than that, that they lean continually more and more socialist.
Speaker 7: Well, I think that the polling that I've seen shows that most people in New York City just wanted somebody different. He is definitely different. And I have also seen polling across this country that shows most people want outsiders, somebody that is not known. You know. He fit into that category as well. So I think you're going to see more and more of that across the country. People are fed up. I mean, let's face it, I think the majority of Americans are fed up with their federal government, their state government, their city governments, and they're looking for a fresh face, a new face, a likable face. And he just seemed to fit the bill, even though he is a Democrat socialist.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he is.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you talk about controlling the means of production, that's communism, Jim, no matter what he calls himself, that is flat out communism. I heard somebody else talking about being in the old Soviet Union back when and drop Off was then the president of the USSR, who of course was formerly with the KGB like Putin today, and talking about how the constant rationing because you know, it's a worker's paradise every you know, it was five cents or whatever to to grab a ride on the metro in Moscow, but if you wanted a pair of shoes or clothes, they would do these big drop offs in the middle of the marketplace, and there was no accounting for size, there was no selection. There was nothing that we have in this country or in free trade or free enterprise capitalist countries where you have a selection of anything. You know, it's like ma'am Donnie's talking about these government grocery stores in New York City and everywhere those have been in the United States have failed miserably. But people just here free and they think that that's freedom. And that's I think a part of the education that needs to go on for the electorate in this country to make especially younger voters a gen Z voters, understanding that free stuff is not freedom. There is a distinct difference, don't you think.
Speaker 7: Well, absolutely, and you and I can agree on that all we want. The problem is is you just said that the gen Z's don't see it that way. They don't see the opportunity for the American dream. They don't see this quick road to success. And of course their roads to success normally is they want to do it in two or three years. I kind of wish I could have done it in two or three years, but it just didn't work out that way. But in the end, I think we're all going to learn some lessons and there will be ups and downs, and you know, it's the cycles of elections that we seem to continue to have the only thing that concerns me more. And by the way, I do believe that happened tonight across the country. I think there was a lot more younger voters got out and voted as well. You've got to remember many of those voted for Donald Trump. So lots of things to look at. Even though this is not a midterm election, that should give pause to Republicans and again we should have learned from it, uh one year to get prepared for the midterms.
Speaker 2: In New York City and many other of these Democrat enclaves. Jim, you don't have to show an ID to vote. Oh yeah, no, I agree, and you know that that's something that needs to be corrected on a national scale.
Speaker 7: Somehow, New York has is a world in itself, and let's face it, they have not had the most conservative Republican mayors. Of course, this is an extreme one here, but it's one of the reasons why corporate America quite frankly, has moved out of New York and New York City. And I think what we're finding is Dallas, Texas is becoming the new capital of uh, you know, marketplace and world in New York and I'm sorry, United States businesses or moving to Dallas, Texas, so we may see more of that as well.
Speaker 2: Oh, and if you were in New York, wouldn't would you want to have keep your business there?
Speaker 7: No, I'd rather go to Dallas. And I think that's As I travel to Dallas, I find that Dallas is more of the business capital of the United States now, and I think a lot of it is because of who they are electing in New York City. But again, I see this as a little bit of a wake up call. I hope Republicans realize that they cannot be anemic. They have to get out and vote. I don't think it would have changed things in New York City, but I'm telling you of the other states, I think it would have been a little bit closer than it ended up being.
Speaker 2: All Right, Jim Ornecy, thank you so much for your time. As always, my friend, and I really do appreciate you being on with me.
Speaker 7: Oh problem, Thank you you having good evening.
Speaker 3: Hey you two sir.
Speaker 2: After the news break, we'll have open phones, and I have some thoughts about stuff that's more important than elections. Phone lines open on this Tuesday evening nightcap on election day, Gary jeffwin by one three seven, four nine hundred d Big one numbers haven't changed the callers have over the years.
Speaker 3: I remember a time.
Speaker 2: When if you took a call, somebody was number one ready to go on the air because they had something to say.
Speaker 3: They thought it was important that.
Speaker 2: They had their voice heard, either agreeing with the host or disagreeing with the host, or just maybe something else they wanted to interject. And I would welcome any of those. But today we have callers like Frank. I don't know Frank. Frank's said he was from Western Hills, and you never know. But Frank didn't want to go on the air, which is kind of curious. Why would he call the line if you don't want to go on the air. That's the whole point of having a talk line. So the forum is open for you so you can express something that you think is in put. You're listening and you want to participate. You want to add your voice to the chorus or to the descent. No, Frank, and that's fine. If you don't want to go on the air, they don't call. But he did have a question for me, and I guess I'll address it. Since Frank didn't stay on the line and didn't want to go on the air, what will New York city be like under Muslim law or Sharia law. Well, that's certainly not anything ma'am Donnie has directly said, because that would scare the bejeebers out of people, even in New York City, if they thought there was a possibility, If you thought there was a possibility of Sharia law being implemented in our biggest city. Amazing, But I guess anything is possible when you have a Democrat socialist who was not born in this country, who is Islamic, and you wonder about those big enclaves of Islamic populations elsewhere in the United States. And of course it's happened in other countries. It's happened in London, England, It's happened other places that you normally would not think would be subject to Sharia law necessarily. But we live in a country that is ruled I thought, by the rule of law, i e. The Constitution of the United States, not Islam or you know where there are honor killings. Well, I tell you what. The Queers for Palestine movement during all of that Rigamaro and colleges across the country, the anti Semitic protest, the Queers for Palestine always amazed me, because if the Queers were in Palestine, they wouldn't be living long. Don in Newport is on the line, Don, Hello, how are you this evening?
Speaker 3: That good?
Speaker 8: I like that?
Speaker 10: That was awesome. So yeah, Gary, I just can't believe live on the in Newport, very close Cincinnati, and we like to go to the family markets, you know, on Sundays.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was there.
Speaker 8: There are a lot of.
Speaker 10: Bears fans there that were that were there, and I think I don't think I was home for more than a few hours. And I think four people shot or four different shootings right right in there. Didn't that happen like last Sunday?
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, that that'll make somebody from Chicago, I guess feel right at home.
Speaker 7: Well that's true, that's true.
Speaker 10: Maybe maybe they maybe they brought they brought it with him. But I mean, it's just how can you possibly explain, help me understand how it's possible that people living in Cincinnati can think that this is okay?
Speaker 2: Well, what's amazing for me, Don, is that right across that little expanse of river things, it's it's a night and day difference. In northern Kentucky for the most part.
Speaker 10: Rob Sanders was you know, I listened to him with Willie all the time. Yeah, it's a different It's like it's like two different country, you know, North Korea, South Korea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it really is. It's amazing.
Speaker 2: Don in that short short period of time, you just go across the bridge and it's like you're in a different country almost.
Speaker 10: Well, you know they were, they were so offended and just taking it back. They I couldn't believe that when the people stormed the suspension bridge and blocked traffic, the officers actually did what they're supposed to do. Yes, I know, you know they I mean they beat it, you know they it looked like it looked like something if you were to see it on tape. Hey, that's police brutality, you know, like in Cincinnati, probably the cops would be going to jail instead of the people that were causing the problem.
Speaker 2: Well, and as Rob Sanders said in the aftermath of that, done keep that on the north side of the river.
Speaker 3: Right right.
Speaker 10: It's just hard to believe.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you something. I moved to Cincinnati in nineteen ninety four and moved up from Middle Tennessee in the early nineties. Moved from Cincinnati in nineteen ninety four, and then I moved across the river. I lived in Cincinnati for six years. I moved across the river to Newport in March of two thousand and I've never looked back, and I was just amazed then at the change over, just you know, a quarter of a mile across that that span of water, and it was amazing to me.
Speaker 3: I instantly felt at home.
Speaker 2: I felt more safe, I felt more welcome, and and I'm in basically I'm in the same city, but I'm not. Uh, listen and enjoy enjoy your trips to Finley. I hope you still can, and I hope you and your wife and others are safe when they come over to downtown Cincinnati. I generally am not doing anything in Cincinnati, but driving through it up to Kenwood, that's just me.
Speaker 10: Well, well it's you know insandly I think it's gonna be one by one again where the you know, the businesses leave. I I do a little bit of a screen printing and laser engraving with some hats and I had, you know, make Cincinnati safe again with the skyline in the back and makes it say great again, because really, there was a time when it was.
Speaker 8: I mean, look back to Charlie lucandas.
Speaker 3: Oh no, it it is such.
Speaker 2: It's full of really wonderful people overall, and and it has so much to offer. It's it's sad that it's being so poorly mismanaged in my opinion. Thanks for the phone call. Don go to jam and Amelia Amelia. Does Amelia actually exist?
Speaker 8: Jim?
Speaker 11: Well, the village doesn't, but Amelia does.
Speaker 2: In your heart, Amelia exists anyway. What's on your mind?
Speaker 3: Jim?
Speaker 11: Well, first of all, you know, I voted an Amelia for this for the cops and the mts in the mental health thing, and I think that was a good thing. Well, what I want to know is, like from the left and the right, who decided that you have to put your headphones on the left side or the right side? Can you reverse your headphones? So it sounds really good if you reverse right and left. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I'm not quite sure I do understand what you're saying, but please continue. It's interesting at least even if I don't understand what you're saying. So you're telling me that I can take my headphones off and flip them over to the other side, and it's going to be just the same.
Speaker 11: Well, I think it does, because, like I don't understand who decided that my headphones had to be on the left side on the right side. Why can't I reverse them? I don't understand that. Who decided?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 2: You know what, Jim, I think you do what you want to do in the privacy of your own home. If they're your headphones and you're you're listening to your headphones by yourself, you you do whatever you want to do.
Speaker 11: Okay, I just I just didn't know if you knew who told you know you're going to put it on the left side on the right side. I don't I don't get that.
Speaker 2: Did it make a difference, Well, there is a left channel and there is a right channel. If you're listening to something in stereo, if you're listening in mono, it makes absolutely no difference. Jim, thank you for calling, Raphael and bond Hill. Good evening, sir, Good evening, Gary.
Speaker 7: Jim.
Speaker 6: A few moments ago, I think you were talking about Mondamine up there in New York in the election. You mentioned some things about sharia law that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Actually another listener had asked what New York City is going to be like under sharia law.
Speaker 3: And I said, well, and I heard that, Yeah, that's that's the only thing.
Speaker 8: I mean.
Speaker 2: In fact, that is not it shouldn't be possible in the United States of America because we're all under constitutional law, not sharia law.
Speaker 6: Now does that And that's what I was going to chime in on specifically. And in the United States, the Constitution is that the end all be all.
Speaker 3: Yes, it is. It's the law of the land.
Speaker 2: That's what sets us apart from other countries that have constitutions in paper, but they don't mean anything from one regime change to the next. In our country, we're consistently under the Bill of Rights and the Constitution, and it was written not for groups of people, but for the individual.
Speaker 6: And does that Constitution apply to someone in the White House blowing up fishing boats off the coast of Venezuela without notifying Congress of that actions, or providing proof to good old Americans like you and.
Speaker 2: I, or sending missiles and bombs as President Obama did and President Biden have to other foreign countries without permission from Congress. The president does have certain executive authority powers that do include occasionally and sad as it has to be the case of taking care of threats to the United States of America. That is his, that is his his charge, his commander in chief. Sometimes you take you that's not an active war necessarily, it's an act of protective safety for a country. If he, if the president or the commander in chief believes that those drug boats are an immediate threat to the United States, Yes, he does have that power.
Speaker 6: How many of those boats have reached the United States prior to being blown up?
Speaker 3: I have no idea, hopefully none.
Speaker 6: Should he should he have ideal and present it to American people.
Speaker 2: Well, I think would be a fantastic thing if the American people were all together and the Congress actually wasn't so divided that they would uh, they would agree with the commander in chief that those things are a threat, those emanating from Venezuela and Colombia, the drug cartels are a h what is it? An immediate and a clear and present danger to the country. I wish Congress would get on board. Yeah, sure, it'd be great.
Speaker 6: It would be amazing if that clear and imminent, immediate danger would be Hey, if he believes, isn't it so much.
Speaker 7: Just present your evidence.
Speaker 6: But then again, I'm just gonna call BF owner Jerry Garrett, Jeff, you know.
Speaker 2: No, and and and you're entitled to your opinion. I gave you mine, right and I think and and not everything I don't rubber stamp is as good everything this president or any president does, Raphael, I will differ with them on policy issues right and left, but I happen to agree that the threat of fentanyl and the drug cartels that have been controlling these other countries and have thought that they had control of our border, which they did under four years of Joe Biden, It's time that they learn a lesson. They're not in control of our border. We are not Mexico or Venezuela or anybody else.
Speaker 6: Well that fentanyl. Is it true that more final comes across the border.
Speaker 3: Of Canada and they are interdicting that too.
Speaker 2: They just haven't had to blow up any they haven't had to blow up any dog sleds.
Speaker 6: Yet, right there, right And in China, you know, we hear talk about China and the fittanaff. I guess with the knife hand in hand relationship with President Prime Minister President g I guess that Pittona thing kind of just in the Chinese that goes on excuse I guess.
Speaker 2: It absolutely was not excused, and it absolutely was talked about in the latest summit in South Korea.
Speaker 3: Apparently you didn't hear that part what.
Speaker 6: Was said during that summit about fantanaff.
Speaker 2: Well, I wasn't there, but I know that everyone who was said that fentanyl was addressed with g when President Trump met with him.
Speaker 6: And should the American people be made privy of what was talked about in specifics, maybe about fentanyl since it's killing so me Americans from China.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what, I don't think that the president has the has the the charge of telling everything that he taught talks about to world leaders, to the public at large, or to our.
Speaker 3: Enemies or to the press. Raphael.
Speaker 2: There are certain things that, yeah, we don't need to know at the time. I appreciate your phone call, and I see where you're coming from. I don't believe that President Trump has to tell you everything he's going to do before he does it. I think that's been done way too often in American diplomacy with our enemies and our foes around the world and our friends. Even now is there somebody else that wants to get in real quick? Nick on the West side, we're running out of time in this half hour. I will tell you this. The election in Cincinnati is over. The races in Virginia, New Jersey, and New York City have been called. If you're a Republican or you care about things from a conservative point of view, not a good night, no question about that.
Speaker 3: But these are isolated cases.
Speaker 2: The most important thing you can do as a citizen of this country, and when you have the opportunity to do, is let your voice be heard. Whether you agree with the current administration or disagree with the current administration, whether you want change or you want the status quo. When you have the opportunity, you've got to go out and vote and let your voice be heard. Whether you're me or Raphael or Jim from Amelia who can't decide which side of the headphones he's going to listen on. When you have the chance to let your voice be heard, you got to shout it from the rooftops. Because we have that ability in this country. A lot of other places like Venezuela or Cuba or Communist China, they don't.
Speaker 3: We do. We're so blessed by God.
Speaker 2: The wild Man on the other side of news eleven o'clock and the four ball will join us before we're done tonight.
Speaker 3: Thanks for tuning in.
Speaker 2: And tune yet another hour of his Election Night Night tab Gary Jeff Walker's we get into the dregs of the jay into our final hour. I thought we would take a break from some of the election coverage because everything is all but decided. News will keep you update on any last second results that we get. It's been a huge news day obviously, with the ups plane crash in Louisville. Three dead, they are eleven injured, and just a fiery ball of well you probably have seen it by now. I was shocked, as most people were, as the plane didn't even make it off the runway in Louisville at Maammad Ali International. And then of course elections around the country including Virginia, New Jersey, New York City which is now a full blown communist state, and the city of Cincinnati probably not too far behind. But with that being said, how about an hour of sports for the out of sorts?
Speaker 3: And this guy is always.
Speaker 2: Ready to sort out how out of sorts he really is about any number of topics we bring back in the sports commando the one and only wild Man Walker.
Speaker 3: Hello, wild Man, how are you?
Speaker 12: I'm doing good, Gary, Jeff. I did my part today as a outstanding citizen and voted.
Speaker 3: See, I didn't know you lived.
Speaker 2: I didn't know you lived in the city of Cincinnati. I thought you lived over on the east side, maybe in Andrewson or side.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I lived technically right on the verge you know, of Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: So yes, So did you vote? I legally? Then vote? Did you vote legally?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm voted legally. Vote legal.
Speaker 2: It's it's supposed to be a private, a secret ballot. But who'd you vote for for mayor?
Speaker 12: I'm not going to tell you, But do you think I would vote for mayor? Who would you think I would vote for mayor? Well, my guests, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: My guests would be probably not have to have pr vall.
Speaker 3: My guest would be got that.
Speaker 12: Talk about it clueless. We out a touch persons.
Speaker 2: As opposed to a son of God and a pastor named Corey Bowman, who I have supported the entire time. That the thing is, if the city of Cincinnati cannot turn out in an so called off your election for the most important position in the city of Cincinnati, the mayor. When public safety is the primary issue along a course with public services and protecting people, If they cannot understand that it's time for a change, then I don't know what what's happening.
Speaker 3: I just threw up my hands.
Speaker 12: I threw up my hands, and they, like you just said, they don't understand it's time for a change or something wrong.
Speaker 3: I mean, how dumb can you be? How dumb can you be?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 7: Move on?
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, let's move on.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about some sports stuff here in our last hour tonight, wild Man first and foremost, I want to get your take on the World Series just concluded this past weekend. Of course, been a few days now that had the parade in Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: I guess yesterday, Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: The victory parade and Magic Johnson's happy. The Dodgers again, literally the best team money can buy, have purchased themselves another World Series. Your thoughts as you look back on a seven game classic.
Speaker 12: It was a great World Series Game six and seven or one for the ages. The Blue Jays have nothing to be ashamed of. In fact, they're probably kicking themselves as they had a number of opportunities to win the World Series at play at home, where we'll Smith barely got his foot on the home on the plate when the runner was coming home.
Speaker 3: And I mean, you look at that, go back and look at it.
Speaker 12: If the guy would have had a better lead off third base, which I still don't understand, bad fundamentals right there, the Blue Jays would be celebrating to our third World Series title. Well, then let's give it Dodgers. Let's give it to him man, Dave Roberts. He made some great moves there. He put that out outfielder out in the centerfield pass past guy. I think at this tampascas something like that pet. They also brought in Ya Momoto.
Speaker 3: You know the pitch. I mean, he made some great moves.
Speaker 2: Well, and you know, y'a Momoto's pitching on twenty four not even twenty four hours, rest.
Speaker 3: Right right, pitching another classic in Game six. It was amazing.
Speaker 2: It was amazing, And there were two incredible plays at the plate by both teams in that last inning. I mean it was I couldn't believe, I said, didn't I just see this last inning?
Speaker 3: It happened to go what the hell?
Speaker 12: But the but the one for the Blue Jays, and the guy had a better leadoff third base because the third base wasn't guard named. If you go back and look at the film, he would have scored, he would have scored in the series, would have been and would have went to the Blue Jays.
Speaker 3: But it was a great World Series.
Speaker 2: It really was, no really, And it's the first time that I have actually watched and cared about a World Series in quite some time. And I wasn't disappointed on Saturday night. I was maybe disappointed by the ultimate outcome, but I wasn't disappointed with the entertainment value and the quality of play because it was top notchi. It was deserving of the last game of the season, there's no question about that.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 12: The only thing that disappointed me with the Dodgers winning the World Series. They finally broke the street that the Reds had being the last National League team that went back to back World Series in seventy five and seventy six. Before that, it was the twenty one to twenty two New York Giants, so that record had stood for a long time. Now the Dodgers have that record. I mean, they kept talking about it hadn't been done ten years. But if you go back to the National League and been done in seventy five seventy six, and that was the Reds.
Speaker 2: What about Terry Francona getting some postseason nods?
Speaker 3: Is you know?
Speaker 12: I like he has no chance. That goes to Pat Murphy. Pat Murphy hands down, Pat Murphy hands down.
Speaker 3: All right, But I mean it's still it's nice. And I'll tell you what.
Speaker 12: The Brewers aren't messing around either, Gary jem I'll tell you right now. They've already said bye bye to Wilson Contreras, They've already said bye bye to Rhys Hoskins, and they've also said bye bye to Gwincna, the pitcher. So they got something going on. They got something going on up their sleeve that they're preparing for this season. They just slash some big time payroll there.
Speaker 2: Do the Reds have anything up their sleeves? Wild Man, that's the question.
Speaker 7: As of right now.
Speaker 12: I don't think they're going to go out and spend spend any big money, No doubt it.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 3: A lot of people have said this to me, and I agree.
Speaker 12: I think the Reds out of trade Hunter Green his value has never been better. Hunter Green's never going to pitch a full season for us. Let's be honest with you.
Speaker 3: He hasn't yet and if he hasn't, he's not going to.
Speaker 12: But he would even bring the red something in value they have because they've got plenty of pitching now. The Reds are stepped, were stacked with starting pitching, and I would dangle out there, Hunter Green and see what they could possibly get. Well, here's here's a question. Let's switch sports, wild man.
Speaker 2: Do the Bengals ever get another full season out of Joe Burrow at quarterback?
Speaker 3: A lot of people have questioned this.
Speaker 12: Well, you know, Joe's had every injury known the man. I mean, that's just that he's just unfortunate. I mean, he didn't have any of those injuries in college. But a lot of goes back to the to the old line not protecting them. I mean, Joe Burrow, Joe Burrow is gonna play, and he's gonna play next year.
Speaker 3: He's not gonna play this year again.
Speaker 12: For the one million time, Garry Jeff, anybody thinks that Joe Burrow's gonna take a snap the rest of the season with this lost season or out of their mind, a turn too.
Speaker 3: Injury takes a year to rehab.
Speaker 12: If you don't believe me, go call Deon Sanders and ask him he had to retire early. He had a great career to retire early because of a turf toe injury. Joe is not taking a snap the rest of the year. And if you want to talk about the Bengals, Okay, they traded. They traded Logan Wilson, a linebacker. Would they get a seventh round draft pickles? They didn't get nothing. They really didn't get nothing. And Logan Wilson had fell out of favor with the with Al Golden and their defensive scheme, and that that's why that's.
Speaker 2: Why he wasn't That's why he wasn't playing. Trey Hendrickson is exactly. Trey Hendrickson isn't going anywhere. Were you surprised about that? I mean, they could have maybe gotten something for Trey.
Speaker 12: They maybe they could have got something for Tray, but I think they're they asking price is too high.
Speaker 3: I think they asking price is too high.
Speaker 12: And even if if he won't be here next year, but they'll get the draft pick for him, they be signed with somebody. So that's why they're holding that card back. They won't franchise tag him. No, they won't franchise tag him. No, No, I'd be very surprised, all right.
Speaker 2: So somebody sent me this on AX after Sunday's meltdown, a second melttown in a row where the Bengals should have won a game.
Speaker 3: And here it was the post on X from a friend. Today.
Speaker 2: The Bengals had kick off return for a touchdown, a block, field goal on sidekick recovery, five hundred yards of offense, two wide receivers with one hundred plus yards, fifteen points scored in less than a minute, forty two total points scored and lost.
Speaker 3: How does that happen? Well?
Speaker 12: What about the what about the dumb play lining up wrong on off side on the block on the field goal.
Speaker 3: That the that they that they missed?
Speaker 12: Yes, dj Ivory, how do you line up? How do you line up wrong? That cost the Bengals big time? That cost the Bengals big time. And of course I got to get this in here. The touchdown that won the game for the Bears. That receiver was wearing number eighty four, gets you war number eighty four for the Bengals.
Speaker 3: Bob Trumpy Bob Trump.
Speaker 12: He wore number eighty four here and Bob Trumpy, you know, had passed earlier in the day. I'm watching this guy, eighty four tight end catch the ball Peter Becas I'm going on.
Speaker 2: Was it the spirit of Bob Trumpy that caught that ball in the end zone against.
Speaker 3: The Bengals live? I think it might have been.
Speaker 12: And I'm really, I'm really, I'm really sad that that Bob Trumpy did not did not get the recognition that he really had deserved for being one of the best tight ends in Bengals history. There are two of the best tight ends in Bengals history should be up on that wall, Bob Trumpy and Rodney Holman. Rodney Holman holds the career record for most receptions by a tight end with thirty six touchdowns.
Speaker 3: Trumpy had thirty five.
Speaker 12: Rodney Holman played on that Super Bowl team and he gets no recognition. Tyler Eifert might have been the best ever, but he couldn't stay healthy. But Bob Trump, he should have been honored, And now he probably won't be. He might be, you know, coach Kim Riley, but I really doubt it. But Bob Trump, he should have been honored as part of the Ring of Honor. And now he's not going to be well.
Speaker 3: Not well. He's alive. He may be posthumously.
Speaker 12: And the one thing about Bob Trumpy, he created sports talk in his town. He will always be the king of sports talk. Might not like agreed with him a lot of times.
Speaker 3: But he was.
Speaker 12: He was great at his craft and he did great on television. One of the great stories, Gary Jeff, I'll never forget about Bob Trumpy. He had some old guy calling him up one night and said, Eric Davis. You know, this was early in Eric Davis' career and Eric Davis had got hit right and almost into co cononas right on the side. This guy said to Bob Trumping, it was Pete Rose's job to make sure that Eric Davis had a cup on. And Trumpy's laugh, which was you could hear him when he laughed to a shake windows Trump about fell out of the chair laugh, and that this old man said that it was Pete Rose's job to make sure that Eric Davis wore a cup.
Speaker 2: I only met Bob Trumpy a few times and talked to him extensively a couple of times back in the Mount Adams days wild and yes, he was quite the care He had great stories. He's the one that told me about his pinkle teammate Mike Reid on his way to becoming a hit Nashville songwriter. And he told me the original story about Mike Read telling him that Mike had been on the road for a couple of months traveling and performing, you know, when he was trying to pursue the music career after football, and his wife was upset because Mike Reed had been gone. And he said, Mike Reid's wife said, you're like a stranger in this house. And Mike Reid said, hold on, honey, in the middle of the argument and went and wrote that song Stranger in My House for Ronnie millsp And it made him, he said it was he said.
Speaker 3: He told him that.
Speaker 2: Mike Reid said it was the best argument he'd ever had with his wife. It was perfect. But Trumpy, Uh, And guess where most of our conversations took place between me and Trumpy the few we had out on the smoking patio in Mount Adams.
Speaker 12: Because he smoked like a great train. I know he did afraid. He was relentless.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 12: Did you did you ever read his book that he wrote years ago. A great book, A great book by Bob is it?
Speaker 6: Is it better?
Speaker 2: Is it better than wild Man's book?
Speaker 12: It's it's right about but it's probably right about dead even.
Speaker 3: That's right about dead even. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So tell me, tell me something about the Trumpy book that makes it a great book.
Speaker 12: Wild Man, well, he just didn't need well, he did not. He did not mince words with the Bengals front office. He had not not not bad things to say, but he was very critical. He had made him No, he did not hold back, and that was that was great a hit. That's like me when I got in the radio business. I never held back. I had a free reign to say pretty much what I wanted to say. Trumpy did it trump?
Speaker 5: Is?
Speaker 2: You know, shot from the hip, But he told it like it is. Why do you think I have you on the show?
Speaker 3: I know, all right?
Speaker 12: So you know we we have Willie. Willie always says, I speak truth to power.
Speaker 2: We haven't heard yet about your reaction to and again it's been a few days. We're a little long in the tooth because I don't have a show every day. But you wanted to talk about UC's football's demise at Utah.
Speaker 3: It was they.
Speaker 2: I mean, Utah was favored at home against the Bearcats, and we saw why any any comments on that loss for UC.
Speaker 12: Yeah, what what film you have of it? Throw it in the trash and forget about it. I mean that was just everything that could go wrong did go wrong for the Bearcats. They had penalties, they couldn't drop passes, it was just everything. They were out of sync from. I could only watch them, like the third quarter. I had to turn it off. I said, this is you know, this is terrible. I'm gonna sit here subject myself to watching this scarbage. And again, you know, it's only one loss, and they're.
Speaker 3: Seven and two.
Speaker 12: They got a shot at winning ten games. They're going to go to the ball. They got BYU coming in here. They got a couple of their tough games, but just throw this one. You know, every team has a bad law in every team, every team has a bad loss.
Speaker 3: So that in attraction and forget about it.
Speaker 2: No no doubt about that, Okay, wild man, Well, I think we've covered everything except basketball season has now officially begun, and every team of note around here wound up winning their opening games resoundingly U see Xavier Nku. I mean everybody was a winner pretty much.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and I need a program for right now when I'm watching UCM, Xavier goes. I don't know any of those Scotts. Well they had a bear Cat, know any of those guys.
Speaker 2: Bear Cats have a freshman I can't remember his name who was had eighteen points in his debut and it was the first bear Cat freshman to ever score that many points in the debut.
Speaker 3: So well, he's got that going for.
Speaker 12: It's a long road. It's a long road. I mean, who they play Western Carolina? Come on, man, I mean that game is over in the first quarter. I turned it on and I've watched the first quarters that I've seen enough, Like lou Banella would say, that game is a rout. Xavier had to you know, we're taken to the last, you know, the last minute of the game before they got rid of Marist and that NK you might have played might as well played little Sisters of the poor playing West you see West Claremont. I didn't even know they had the team. Come on, that's why are you playing a team?
Speaker 2: And somebody, somebody said, there was hardly anybody at the Xavier game.
Speaker 3: That looked empty.
Speaker 12: And the Miami RedHawks. You know, I forget who they played, but they won. But like you said, everybody won. Basketball season is here. Can you believe it?
Speaker 8: It is here?
Speaker 2: It's about time, all right, wild Man. That's the way the ball bounces tonight. Thanks for your contributions on our special election night nightcap, and then those races are pretty much all over. But the crying, and there's probably some crying going on in places, but wild Man, thank you for not crying.
Speaker 3: Well, I haven't started crying yet, but I might.
Speaker 2: Well if you're living in if you're living in Cincinnati, you might have good reason. Yes, wild Man and Furman is coming on next as we continue our last hour together tonight on seven hundred w l W. Because I don't have a whole lot of opportunities to be with you on these airwaves, a couple of nights a week, maybe Saturday mornings, which I love, by the way, but because our time is limited and I consider our time precious together, I feel like it is my duty to bring you consistently the finest guest when I do have an opportunity on the night caps, and when I can't find one of those finer guests. I can always call Andy Furman. I'm kidding now, Andy, Andy, this may be and you don't know. I don't know, nobody knows, only God knows. This could be the last time we ever have a chance to talk together on the air, because there will be nobody that has a parade if you and I never talk on the air again. Andy, maybe maybe maybe somebody, maybe some corporate bean counter perhaps, but other than that. So I relish the opportunity once again to go ted to ted Mano oh Mano with the fur Ball on a Tuesday evening. Welcome to the Nightcap Election Edition special, Andy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I'm really glad to be with you. You know that I look forward to these little chats every week. I just have enough time to get my blood boiling and then I just hang up on.
Speaker 3: You, which is great. I like that.
Speaker 5: It's a good thing, and I don't dwell on it much. But I think we need to touch on the Bengals because I really think to some extent, all of a sudden, now has Dupe Tobin become an idiot? I mean really, I mean these people wanted to come forth and speak. What is he going to say? And what is the media going to write? So I don't understan. I just go the distance. You know, when you're in the thick of the storm, you just jump on board with everybody else. You know. One media person says it's Duke Tobin's fault. You know, he's to play a personnel guy. And another person, oh yeah, and the next person all the way he needs to speak in his choice says, why we know how big the team is, and certainly they're partially responsible to him. But I think all roads head back to Zach Taylor.
Speaker 3: Thanks number one, number number two, number two.
Speaker 5: Duke Tobin has been there like for like nineteen twenty years. All of a sudden, now he's become an idiot. I mean, back off just a little bit. They're bad players that have not messed together. Lou hen Rolmos should have been there.
Speaker 3: Still.
Speaker 5: I think Zach Taylor basically has been a poor choice of assistant coaches and coordinators. And I'll leave you with this and you can tell me if I'm right or wrong on this. The biggest, biggest problem the Bengals have always had has never hired a big name coach who has had NFL coaching experience. Let's take a quick peak. Let's take the look. Zach Taylor was not even a coordinator. He was a quarterbacks coach. I'm not saying there's not the name of football, the game of football, but you need to have a guy that when walks into the locker room, commands that immediate respect and forrest. Gregt was one of the only coaches that did. Dave Schulett did not. Bruce Kosa did not. You know, perhaps some extent that maybe Sam Weise did. I think Marbret Lewis did, because I remember when he was hired.
Speaker 8: What did he do?
Speaker 5: He walked into the clubhouse, and he walked into that first news conference and I was there, and he showed off that Baltimore Ravens Super Bowl ring. He walked through an instant credibility. No one else has ever done that.
Speaker 2: On that Dangos teams, well, I mean they had Dick Lebaux for a season, and Dick Lebau one of the most successful defensive coaches in the history of the league when he came here from Pittsburgh, and he went right back to Pittsburgh after, you know, having his tail between his legs after that fiasco. But Dick Lebau. I think commanded some respect, don't you think or should it?
Speaker 5: I think it's very difficult when a guy moves from an assistant or a coordinated to the head job. I'm the same team. I think that you could go because you're a different relationship with the players, your buddy buddies. You're in the coordinator, you're in those little team meeting rooms, and you're not overseeing. You're not the guy that's changing or molding the franchise or trying to get the culture together. You know, the head coach doesn't do much teaching, but he brings everybody together. That's what he does. And it's a difficult thing for a the COORDINATETD to do that, and b for the players to see a change in the guy who is your buddy buddy, who's like your coffee don and now he's like you're a leader, and it's a different feeling.
Speaker 3: It's very difficulty.
Speaker 5: Even in the workplace.
Speaker 3: Is difficult.
Speaker 5: Don't you think that it is.
Speaker 2: I've heard some people say, and I can't disagree with them at all that I believe it's obvious Zach Taylor has lost the locker room and it goes to the point that you're making commanding respect and deserving earning that respect from the players. And I just don't think that there's anybody in that Bengals locker room who's looking to Zach Taylor for leadership because they haven't seen it out of him the entire time he's been here.
Speaker 5: You know, you could tell a leader from a mile away. And when it comes to coaching, I would say this, most coaches know their game that they're coaching, Otherwise they wouldn't be in it. I mean, they know the exes and those I don't talking about football, tasketball ever. They are. But there's a difference between the leader and a guy who just controlled be a teacher.
Speaker 8: I don't give you an example.
Speaker 3: Wes Miller, the basketball.
Speaker 5: Coach, and you see not a leader.
Speaker 11: He's not.
Speaker 5: He may know the game, he may have been great on the interview. I don't know why he did, you know, and he came from a program there was really a small program, a lower level Division one school, and he had some success there. He has not had any success whatsoever. You see, they have not made postseason play since he's been there. And I got to believe that has a lot to do with his leadership qualities. I see you on the bench, I could see, I could see the way he acts. I just I know he's not a leader Bob Huggins command and respect. I mean when he had his first news conference, I was there. You know what he said and someone asked, what do you expect you know, growing pains and how long it's going to take. I expect to win now, that's what he said. You know well said that Kirk Signetti when he was high from James Madison to become the football coach at Indiana University.
Speaker 3: What do you expect, Kirk?
Speaker 5: I expect to win?
Speaker 3: Now you know what he did.
Speaker 5: Indiana has a chance to win the national.
Speaker 3: Championship of football. Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 5: Three years ago?
Speaker 3: You're crazy?
Speaker 2: No, that's that's completely true and completely nuts all at the same time. With IU football, and if they weren't playing in the same conference with Ohio State, you could make an.
Speaker 3: Argument that they're the best team in the Big Ten.
Speaker 2: I still think the buck guys are and I think the Buckeys are more likely to win a national championship than the Hoosiers.
Speaker 3: But they got a they got a puncher's chance.
Speaker 8: To do that.
Speaker 3: They are really, really good, no doubt about that. I will tell you this much.
Speaker 5: I mean, one of the reasons why James Franklin got fired as coach at Penn State not because it was one of most records. You know, certainly he couldn't beat the Big ten teams, He couldn't beat the top ten teams, and his record was horrendous against top ten competition. But the fact that he just was not compatible, he wasn't friendly, and that hurts. You know what we else it heard. It hurt coach Brian Kelly at LSU. There was some talk now and I've read these reports that he didn't even know the names of the players on the team.
Speaker 3: What that's how bad it was.
Speaker 2: Now, how can you, I know, you've got seventy or eighty athletes on some of these major college football teams. I get that, But how do you not know the names of players that you helped recruit that you're coaching every day?
Speaker 3: How does that happen? I don't know.
Speaker 5: I just don't know. When I read that, I was shot. And the point is that he just sort of went his own way. And you know, again, his record was not that bad. I mean, they expect a lot of LSU but his record is not a bad record, and he just look, he started off like a fool trying to have that that Cajun accent that the news conference when he was hired. I mean, you don't do that, you know, I mean, that doesn't endear you to the community. It really doesn't.
Speaker 2: Like a political candidate who suddenly is in a church in Atlanta and starts sounding like she just came off the plantation. I'm not naming any names, Hillary Clinton, Kamala Harrison. Uh, but yeah, there's there's a lack of authenticity to all of that, and real matters to people, you know what, as much as leadership, as much as leadership and uh, commanding presidents matters. In sports, authenticity matters because the players can tell if you're a phony or not, just like the public can tell usually if a politician is phony or not over over a propensity of time with a with it, you know, the evidence gathered in a campaign, you can tell if somebody's a real person or not, or if they're putting on an act, if it's a performance. And obviously the thing you noted about Brian Kelly is that was performative theater.
Speaker 3: It wasn't real.
Speaker 2: I mean, Brian Brian Kelly's he's a Midwest guy period.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 5: And here's the thing. I mean, I think that these coaches when they get hired, I'm not so certain the athletic directors do a great background check. They usually hire these these agencies, these companies that kind of do the interviews, and they come back and say, here's the guys two or three by the being, but a bangal ahead and hire them. You know, if you're the athletic thirty, you do your homework and you see the way he left the University of Cincinnati. Yeah, I don't want any part of this guy. No, it doesn't have a part of the community. He just left like in the middle of the night.
Speaker 3: You just you don't do that.
Speaker 5: And he just left Cincinnati. Hang in the bag.
Speaker 3: Remember that it was terrible.
Speaker 2: It was a bad football weekend for me all the way around.
Speaker 3: Andy.
Speaker 2: I mean the Bengal obviously they're not my primary team, my primary team or the Kansas City Chiefs. And they got beat during the regular season by Buffalo again. They're now one in five against the Buffalo Bills in the regular season. The good thing is that they're four to oh in the playoffs in the postseason against the Bills, so, I mean.
Speaker 5: And the Bills usually collapse in the playoffs anyway, so you don't do to worry about, so.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: And then the Bengals loss, and I'm down in Tennessee on Sunday visiting my parents and they had to deal with another Titans loss that looked like it looked promising from the beginning, and that poor woefull NFL team in Tennessee.
Speaker 3: Gosh, I'm great.
Speaker 2: I'm glad that I don't live there. I mean, at least the Bengals have done something.
Speaker 3: Well. You know, I a would say this, and.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying I'm the guy I lists at the bright side of things all the time, because I could be pretty hard at that times as well. But you know, I still would rather have a bad football team in this city that have no football team really, because you know, you're a lost city without an NFL franchise. I mean, I think I can a little without Major League Baseball, I really do. I mean, I love the Reds, but but the something will be rough. You know, you're right about that.
Speaker 3: But I don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean, without football will be really tough. It will be tough for an NFL team here, wouldn't it?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: And the Bearcats lost down the road at Utel, which which a lot of people expected, maybe not the Bearcats players yet. And and my Vanderbilt Commodores went into Texas that it had an up and down season up to this point with a very famous named quarterback, young quarterback arch Manning at the helm against my guy, Diego Pavia, and it looked like Vanderbilt was going to get absolutely shellacked too. But that comeback at the end when they score and it's a three point game, and then they almost recover the on side kick at the end with like seventeen seconds with a chance to win. That was an exciting football game, but again, very disappointing for me ultimately.
Speaker 5: But I still think they have a postseason play. They can be in the college football Tournament.
Speaker 3: Oh absolutely no.
Speaker 2: They're six two in the SEC.
Speaker 5: Tennessee. They got a big game against Tennessee. They got to beat Tennessee.
Speaker 2: They got to beat Auburn, they got to beat Kentucky, they got to beat Tennessee. They do all that, They'll have ten wins on the season and they going to a major bowl game, or they could be in the College the twelve teams.
Speaker 3: They could.
Speaker 5: I'm not wrong, they will be, you know, I really think they will be. And it's amazing what that school is dumb because you know, for years I thought that school should probably be in the IVY League with schools like Brown and Colombia, Penn and Princeton. Really well there academically sure their.
Speaker 2: Admission their admission standards are about the same as opposed to the other SEC state schools where you got where you get, you get a two point zero and you just barely made a see and said, yeah, he's he's a genius put the criminal justice.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's it's kind of crazy how they even got into that conference with those schools. Don't you think that there's nothing common them, right, I mean, there's no common thread between those those schools. And then really maybe they brought them in to bring the average GPA up in the league.
Speaker 2: Well either that or to get a guaranteed win for teams like Alabama and Georgia. Maybe that was no, no, no, So anyway, just not a fulfilling college football weekend for me.
Speaker 3: And I'm trying to feel better.
Speaker 5: Well, you can't because of what I did, and for some reason I turned I turned the game on the radio. I don't know why I didn't turn on the team for somebody, I turned the game on radio, and next thing I know, in the pregame, I'm here that Bob Trump he died.
Speaker 3: Oh, I know.
Speaker 5: I was out of town.
Speaker 3: That's right. There was on TV.
Speaker 5: I was driving and I had the radio and I was listening to the iHeart app. That's how I listened to the game and I heard Dan Hoard and Dave Lapham.
Speaker 3: I said, what Bob Trump he died?
Speaker 5: And all the reports I had read it never said what he passed from, but obviously probably something that was smoking, because he was it was one hell of a smoker. I mean, I remember back on Third Street three Sports too, we had our studios. That place looked like a steam room.
Speaker 3: I was just I was just going to bring it up.
Speaker 2: When I first came to Cincinnati in nineteen ninety four, our studios for ninety two point five FM, where I initially worked here, were down in that in that little building there, and I think KRC was there, and that their studio looked out over the river. That's where Jerry Thomas sat and did his show before they moved up to Mount Adams too.
Speaker 3: And C.
Speaker 2: K Y was in there and Trumpy would tape the sports talk coming up leading up to a Bengals gamer afterwards. And in that room, in that room, they had a big comp French room, as you remember, And you're right, yes, that was the weirdest color of yellow I've ever seen on glass quarrels.
Speaker 3: And Trump was constant.
Speaker 2: He didn't stop, he didn't put it. The second the cigarette was out, another one was being lit and it was Bob. And I just imagine the poor people in the room with him and just sit.
Speaker 3: There alcoholt further.
Speaker 5: You know, you couldn't or wouldn't or fearful of even going to him to say can you please put it out? Because he give you two words, two letters, F you that's what he would do.
Speaker 3: Well, you can't, No, you can't, and you can't spell. You can't spare spell Furman without f you. So what's wrong with that? F you? But anyway, continued story.
Speaker 5: No, but but I'll say this one thing about a tremendous broadcaster, a hell of a career both football and broadcasting. But again I would say this, he had one hell of a presence, and he can't be viewed as as a bully, and he also had a good heart to I'll go that way. But I remember one time when Randy Michael's our program director, and I was down there. He asked Bob to read the school closings during the winter months. Yeah, and he says, I need read the school closings. I mean never came to staff meetings. No one expected him to. But again at that point in time, when I first started at seven hundred, I mean I would think sports Talk his show was maybe sixty seventy percent of the total revenue of the entire station, which doesn't rule out the fact that he shouldn't be part of his staff, but he never really was. And so when Randy says, please, you know, not please, but you you need to read the school closings, he says, I don't read school closings. And then they got into it, and I remember Bob took Randy against the wall and lifted him off the wall and.
Speaker 10: He had his throat by his shoulders.
Speaker 5: It was crazy, and Bill Dennis and the segment read the school closing. So look, I would say this a tremendous talent both on the field and football, and certainly it's a shame that he won't be in the Ring of Honor and out when he's alive, and he should have been. That's another story. But I think that again, and to some extent, I would have to use the term maybe he was very difficult.
Speaker 3: To coach, a little uncoachable. Was that maybe?
Speaker 2: But you're right, larger than life presence back to the coaching coaching thing we were talking about at the inception of this conversation. Bob Huggins, Bob Trumpy, uh right, Bobby, Bobby Knight.
Speaker 5: These are people that when you have a party and they walk into the room, everybody stops and turns around and doesn't say a word. Yeah, certain people might that he's one of them. I would think like Rick Patino would be one of those guys, you know, Bob Knife for Shure, Bob Huggins another one.
Speaker 3: You know. I'm trying to think.
Speaker 5: Of a coach here now, in this in this town that would have that kind of presence. I don't think there is one.
Speaker 3: I really don't. Does Sparky kind of have that presence for the Reds.
Speaker 5: I was not here when Sparky was here, but I would assume he did, right, I think.
Speaker 3: He probably did.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Leadership, well, Tito may have that, yeah, a little bit. I'll give him that.
Speaker 2: Phil Jackson with the with the bulls and the Lake, I mean he had that kind of commanding the room.
Speaker 5: You know, in the years and coaching here in Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: How would think Pete Gillen did. I'll give you that.
Speaker 2: With with with with that rivalry between UC and Xavier that existed at that point, it was great Gillan. Gillan had to have that kind of commanding presence just to match Huggins, right.
Speaker 5: You know, you know it wasn't forced, it was it was in the d n A.
Speaker 3: They had it.
Speaker 5: That's what it was. And it's great.
Speaker 2: It's great for the authenticity. Authenticity. We we've come full circle. Andy, thank you so much for rounding out the show. We appreciate your help tonight.
Speaker 5: Thank you, my friend.
Speaker 8: I'll see you sometime.
Speaker 2: I hope this wasn't the last time, because I think we can do better. That's that's the fur ball on seven hundred l W