Speaker 1: The quest for the three feat has begun.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth.
Speaker 1: This is World Champion Dodger Talk.
Speaker 4: Here we go again.
Speaker 3: We're geta running back to.
Speaker 1: Get in on the show called eight six six, not eighty seven, two five seventy, and be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you get your podcasts. Here's your host, David Vase.
Speaker 2: Last thing, the Dodgers cruise to a nine to two win over the Angels tonight at Uniclo Field at Dodgers Stadium. Welcome the Dodger Talk David Vase with you until eleven o'clock tonight at eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy.
Speaker 3: We've got a great show for you tonight.
Speaker 2: Jose Mota is going to check in in about ten minutes. But later in the show you'll hear my conversation with the newest Ram Miles Garrett, who throughout the ceremonial first pitch tonight and it was a perfect strike. Everybody celebrated Miles Garrett. It's great to have him here in Los Angeles. He got a tour of the Dodger clubhouse guys, where fan boying out is what my understanding is. You know, it's funny how when you meet your Dodger heroes, Freddie Freeman, Mookie Beds, Kershaw, any of these guys, you're the one that's going nuts over meeting these type of players. But it's interesting when you see guys like them really become a fan when they see a player like Miles Garrett in their clubhouse. So it was fun to have Miles Garrett here at Dodger Stadium tonight. It's great to have Miles Garrett as part of the ramilly moving forward. And with that said, since tonight was a blowout, not a lot to really break down. When the Dodgers score nine runs in the first inning. Yamamoto was everything he should be when you have a nine to one lead after the first inning. He cruised to ninety three pitches eight innings, allowed just one run in the first inning. And you know is Yamamoto. I mean, that's what an ace of his caliber does. He uses a eight run lead and doesn't give it back to a team like the Angels. And I can confidently say this speaking of the Angels, you know, they're the worst team we've seen so far this year that the Dodgers have played. And the Dodgers have played some teams that are not very good, like the Rockies, like the Giants, like the Mets, but the Angels are probably the worst team we have seen the Dodgers play this year. And I know that's stating the obvious, but there are some really bad teams in Major League Baseball. But I would have to say, so far this season, the Angels are the least impressive of the team the Dodgers have played this year, and after losing all six games last year to the Angels, the Dodgers have won the first five and are looking to win all six this year if they sweep the Angels tomorrow afternoon with them at Sheen on the Mound. And I don't know, I haven't talked to too many players about this, but in Anaheim, a couple of them remembered the Angels beating them all six times and they did not want that to happen again. So I felt like they sent a message in Anaheim because I believe the Angels scored only three runs to the Dodgers thirty one runs scored in that three game series at the Big A, and they have completely dissected them tonight and last night, Freddie Freeman after a scoreless tie was broken with a walk off home run, the Dodgers have really, really, you know, taking care of business against the team that they really should Eight six six, nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. But going back to Miles Garrett and Aaron Donald. You'll hear from Miles Garrett a little bit later in the show with all the rumors that thirty five year old Aaron Donald, a Rams Super Bowl champion and one of the best players that they've had in their franchise's history, is thinking about coming out of retirement. I thought that I would throw this out to you. If you could choose one player to come out of retirement for the Dodgers over the course of the last fifteen years, who would it be? I mean, that's the connection, right. Let's have some fun tonight after a nine to two win over the Angels. If you could pick one Dodger to come out of retirement that retired in the past fifteen years to come out of retirement and play, who would it be? Eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. And for the Dodgers tonight, Dalton Rushing, he was really good behind the plate, and Will Smith was a late scratch with a stiff neck, and Dalton Rushing knows how to handle himself. And it was great to see Ryan Ward be part of that nine run first inning as well. He hit a two run double and he came off his bat at one hundred and one miles an hour. I mean, that was pretty impressive, and I think everybody needs to just acknowledge the fact that the Dodgers not only have some really good players they brought in from other organizations that you know, frankly just let them fall into the Dodgers' lap. But the reality is the Dodgers on their roster right now have twelve homegrown players, players that they drafted and developed, including guys like Ryan Ward, Dalton Rushing, and Alex Freeland to go along with Andy PAHs. So just keep that in mind as well. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's head downstairs right now to hear from Dalton Rushing on sports and at LA.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean that was pretty big for us up and fresh for tomorrow, sweet series.
Speaker 4: It's kind of who he is.
Speaker 5: He wasn't getting the swing and mess that he wanted from the get Gos' is not a team that swings and misses a lot, so we kind of knew we were going to have the flexibility to get guys in and out of the.
Speaker 4: Box as quick as possible.
Speaker 5: And yeah, he did that, and like I said, eight innings is never easy, and it's obviously great to see him do it once again.
Speaker 6: You mentioned just because of the big lead, he was able to kind of work through a few things or even experiment with a few things during his outing. What did you find just in which either how he was experimenting or kind of what he was able to do due to the score.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think you get up big like that and you don't want to get too cute to an extent, but you also want to like understand and see what he's capable of, kind of throw a couple more tricks up your sleeve, you know, in a way. And for him it's so easy because he has eight pitches that he can throw wherever he wants, and so yeah, obviously it's fun to work with him, and yeah, we tried a few new tricks and we'll carry him over into his next.
Speaker 7: As building into the season, like obviously you start off repubblic.
Speaker 4: He's gotten better and better the last couple of outies.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think really good pitchers, really good hitters, they get better as the season goes on, and that's it's a good thing. And I don't expect him to slow down anytime.
Speaker 6: So we say, a big run is a good thing for a big lead is a good thing for a pitcher.
Speaker 8: But there was a lot of time off.
Speaker 6: Just what impressed you about the way that he was able to come back and really sailed from there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he is a good routine in the dugout in between innings to kind of ramp up his arms, stay ready, And during that first inning he was throwing a lot of plowballs, so he knew he was going to have to stay warm for as much as pots or as long as possible, And uh yeah, I felt like he kind of had normal rests the rest of the rest of the game.
Speaker 2: All Right, there's Dalton rushing on sports in at LA and it was so freeing easy for Yamamoto tonight. Ninety three pitches, eight innings, and that's the way it should be when you're as great as Yama Moto facing a weak lineup like the Angels, and you have an eight run lead. So the Dodgers got everything that they wanted out of Yama Moto.
Speaker 3: Tonight.
Speaker 2: Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. Since the Dodgers blew out the Angels, not a lot to break down tonight. You're going to hear from Miles Garrett coming up in fifteen minutes. You'll hear from Jose Mota in ten minutes. But I want to know, with the rumors of Aaron Donald wanting to come out of retirement to play with Miles Garrett and give it one last run to try to win another Super Bowl with the Rams in the last fifteen years, if there was one Dodger you would want to come out of retirement, who would it be? Eight six six nine eighty seven, two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Isaac who is at the ballpark tonight. Hi, Isaac, you're on Dodger Talk. How's it going, David?
Speaker 8: I think there's only one out three. I think it's Clayn Kursaw in his prime. That's it.
Speaker 9: That's it only answer.
Speaker 3: I agree with you.
Speaker 2: That would be great, you know, And I bet he wishes that he still had a little something left in the tank and his body would cooperate to try to be part of a run for a three p.
Speaker 9: Yes, sir, all right, David, thanks for thinking my call. Have a good one.
Speaker 2: Hey, you too, Isaac. Usually I hang up on the callers. You don't hang up on me. Let's go out to Kevin and Carson. You're on Dodger Talk. How you doing Kevin?
Speaker 8: I'm doing good.
Speaker 4: How are you? Hey?
Speaker 2: Can you believe that Isaac turning the tables on me? Hanging up on me? I hang up on you. Don't forget it? So which player would you want to come out of retirement if they could.
Speaker 8: Let's say Gyasiel plea. I like the I like his game. I was a big friend the Gasfield plea.
Speaker 3: Is he retired.
Speaker 2: He's playing in Canada right now, and he's got some other issues that might prevent him from coming to play for the Dodgers. But yeah, puig Mania was phenomenal, Like Vince Gully named him the wild Horse. Yeah all right, Kevin, you're a big Peak fan.
Speaker 8: Huh Yeah, Yeah, I plea when you play man half out, Yeah, power and he could feel pretty good. He was okay, just he would get mad sometime, but he was a good player.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He was an emotional player, that's for sure, Kevin. There were some good times with Puek, that's for sure.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Well, thank you for taking my car.
Speaker 3: Are you hanging up on me too, Kevin?
Speaker 8: Oh now I'm still here.
Speaker 3: All right, Kevin, Thanks for calling in. Have a great night.
Speaker 2: Eight six six nine seven two five seventy is the phone number. If you could pick one Dodger to come out of retirement that has played in the last fifteen years, who would it be?
Speaker 3: Dennis and Seal Beach?
Speaker 2: Which player would you want to come out of retirement to help the Dodgers win a three.
Speaker 10: P Well, look, David, the first person I thought of was the first person was Clayton Kershaw obviously, but you know, I started thinking more and I've been going to a lot of Dodger games. I would choose vintage Manny Ramirez, no question this, This Dodger starting pitching is so good that selfishly they could use other bat and that he's the best pure hitter I've ever seen. Were of Dodger uniform. I'd say in the last twenty twenty five years, in my opinion, no question, I would choose Many Ramirez.
Speaker 2: Okay, well I would, you know, clarify it and say I'd take the Many Ramirez of two thousand and eight, not the one of two thousand and nine.
Speaker 10: Okay, sure, okay, okay, fine, fair enough. I thought him. That's fair enough.
Speaker 8: But he was He was beloved.
Speaker 10: By Dodger fans. I mean the cheers, he would get the cheer, admir And I realized all his baggage, I get all.
Speaker 3: That, But he was great in wait eight. Was special, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: And I know not only was he beloved by the fans that year, but his teammates loved him. Andre Ehier and Matt camp said they learned so much from Many Ramirez and during those couple of years they would follow him around like puppy dogs, like they would follow Many everywhere.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I all right, Dennis, that's a name from the past. All good. I like that name. Thank you for the phone call.
Speaker 2: That was a creative name that you would want to come out of retirement for the Dodgers this year. Tonight's game brought to you by Modello Modelo The mark of a fighter.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 2: Actually, andre Ehier told me an interesting story. He said, when Many Ramirez was on the Dodgers, the media would think that he was arriving late all the time because he would show up well after the rest of the players for a game. But he said, the reason why he did that and nobody knew it was the fact that on the road, especially Many Ramirez would be in the hotel gym and then he would go to the ballpark the Dodgers were playing at that night and take early batting practice. He would be in the batting cage at ten to eleven in the morning and nobody would know about it for a seven to ten game, and then he would go back to the hotel and take a nap before coming back and getting ready again to put in more work for the game. So that's something that andre Ethier told me that nobody knew and I didn't know that Manny would actually show up that early at the ballpark to take early BP work out at the gym and then go back to take a nap. And that's the reason why sometimes he would show up and arrive later than most of the players. But that's not something the media new. That's not something the fans knew. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Kate and Torrance. All Right, Kate, who would you do you want to come out of retirement?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 11: Speaking of Andrea Etheris, he was the first one that came to mind. He was just so clutch, and he has such a great heart, you know, and he's like, have the only head of the twenty seventeen World Series in Game seven, so he would have loved to be there for the others too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's one of the players that the Astros robbed. That was his last game in his major league career, Game seven of the seventeen World Series. Ethier drove in the only run of that game, coming off the bench. I love that one, Kate. You know I'm biased, but I love that one too. Thanks for the phone call, all right. Eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. We're gonna take a time out when we come back. More of your phone calls.
Speaker 3: I like this.
Speaker 2: On a night the Dodgers blow out the Angels nine to two, we want to know if there was one Dodger you could bring out a retirement in the last fifteen years, who would it be? And also you'll hear my conversation with the newest m Miles Garrett the reason why Aaron Donald is rumored to want to come out of retirement. We'll ask Jose Moto which Dodger he would bring out a retirement if he could as well. More Dodger Talk until eleven o'clock right here on AM five to seventy LA Sports after the Dodgers blow out the Angels nine to two on AM five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy online at AM five seventy LA sports dot com, and available by podcast on the iHeartRadio app. This is Dodger Talk with David Bassi to two to Pat hills Hi in the air.
Speaker 2: The DeepLIFT field, Andy Paz into.
Speaker 5: The Dodger Penn and the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Into the lead.
Speaker 2: Andy pa has with a two run home run and the Dodger bullpen which Blake tries with his hat, how about that a basket catch with his hat, and the relievers and the coaches they went wild out there, and the bullpen with try and catching that two run home run by Andy pa Has. It was part of a nine run first inning for the Dodgers as they easily beat the Halos tonight nine to two. Daniels Jewelers presents the home run Forecast. For your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniel Jeweler's gift card, visit AM five to seventy LA sports dot Com used the keyword home run and to your name and you could win.
Speaker 3: Daniels Jewelers Own the Dream.
Speaker 1: It's time to go around the horn with jose Mota.
Speaker 2: All right, jose Mota, you want to play along with us tonight. If there was one Dodger you could bring out a retirement in the last fifteen years, who would it be?
Speaker 9: Of course, Manny Moto doesn't qualify, right.
Speaker 2: No, No, he very close to the last fifteen years, so close.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna go man Or mirrors, which is my I was sitting in to the previous callers, and I'm going to be saying I want the winning run at second base every time he comes to bed. I mean, it's like put it on, put it on there, man. Nobody was better on the pressure of the Manor of Maris throughout his career. And as you mentioned, the first maning, not the second version.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, many would that was electric here at Doesting. That was an electric nine run first inning for the Dodgers tonight, Jose.
Speaker 9: Yes, it was.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 9: The great thing was that Yamamoto after two outs he gave up the butt hit three to one count, right, and then the ball that is unfortunately can not come up with it, but a well hit struck ball by Parazza and Yellamoto was actually kind of nibbling a little bit more. And Mike Pryors told me this like early in games, you'd be nibbling a little bit more. But what happened after that he got the lead, and I'm glad to hear Russian talk about it, Dave is they were take some things. And I noticed that every single first pitch up for that was like, hey, swinging team, I'm sure the Angers are going to try to counteract by being aggressive, thinking, hey, a lot of first pitch fastballs, he is going to popping fastles in there. He went like with a two strike approach on every single one of those guys, which is remarkable, admirable, and know that you have that great command to have guys thinking it's it's a big lead, he's going to go out there and throw strikes. He's going to go out there not being his best pitch. He made better pitches zero zero counts today than ever before. And you can see a lot of balls hit either at the end of the bat foul balls, swings and missus, or guys getting jammed on inside fastiles. That is what's pitching is all about. You pitch on the scoreboard, yes, but also you pitch without the scoreboard, knowing exactly who you're facing, and he knows he has a team that really strikes out a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And maybe the reason why he was as precise and locked in on his first pitch to batters is because we're seeing a lot more of those batters trying to ambush him on the very first pitch that he throws to.
Speaker 9: Them, and because he is a strike thrower, obviously, But now if he looked back, just doubt we got today about what he's doing with that fastball. Hitters were two for twenty four against his fastball the last three outings, and it's because now he's thicking to cutter away a little bit more. But his two seu fastball run so well and on Righty's away on lefties got induced a soft contact either in on Righty's or end of the battle lefties, and then his four seamur tonight has so much life upstairs in downstairs that he's really hard to figure out because his command is so superb. But you know, Tuns that he gets a little bit too fine, He gets into a little bit of trouble. But nonetheless, this guy knows and understands what to do when the count's all and one zero zero. The game itself was a great aptitude for the game and gratefull thingk for what he needs to do to also be economical and go out there and say that bullp.
Speaker 3: And again Jose Mota is joining us.
Speaker 2: After Yamamoto and the Dodgers beat the Angels tonight nine to two, how about the young kids tonight? Rushing calls a really good game with Yamamoto. Then you have Ryan Ward hit a two run double in.
Speaker 3: That nine run first inning.
Speaker 2: Alex Freeland has been a lot better since being called up. We can you say of what you've seen from Freeland and war this second time around.
Speaker 9: It is a response to the confidence day that the organization gives them and the responsibility they give them. They don't bring these guys up here to bury them. I mean, think about this. You have an all star catcher, you have you know, a tail being out. You have a chance to play Alex go a little bit more. But you give Ryan Ward a chance because you believe in this kid. You go out there and challenge him by getting him these opportunities. And that's what the respond that Alex Freeland, you know, did not have a great spring, made the team. They want to take a look closer. Look Kim stays, he goes back and now he's a different type of hitter. Talking to some of the Dodger personnel today, this guy's brought a line drive swing. This time it's not a fly ball elevate game behind the base well, he brought the line drive swing. And on defense, talking to Chris Wilber today, he's been really understanding every single thing that he used to do to prevent runs and be a big part of what the defense so well. But when we see young players respawn like this in a team like this one not developing players, you can only point to the people upstairs saying we need all of you and when you come up, We're don't believe we're gonna be ready, but we're not gonna be sitting on the bench just rusting out there.
Speaker 4: Jose.
Speaker 3: Fair to say this is maybe the worst team the Dodgers have played this year. The Angels.
Speaker 2: We've seen the Rockies, but they got some good young players that are learning. It just doesn't seem like this is going anywhere for the Angels.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I just callified as a team that just does not do a whole lot of things. Well, if you want to qualify it that way as a worse team, because the offense has not been there. They just throw the ball around as we saw today, just a lot of inconsistency in so many ways. You can pitch around them. You know, I always say relatively easy if you get past a couple of guys. But even the guys that are supposed to be you know, lethal weapons for them are not happening. But when you face the Dodgers, there's a lot of things that can go wrong, David, especially the way that guys have been throwing the ball off to the mound. That can make the look so bad. But none thee list is this type of team. They never take for gun it because you do remember what happened last season, and they do too, Yeah.
Speaker 3: They do, that's for sure. Jose, thanks a lot for checking in.
Speaker 2: That's a polite way of saying it better than I did, saying a team that doesn't do a lot of things, Well, that's really polite.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna try to take that queue.
Speaker 9: You don't have to.
Speaker 4: But here's the thing.
Speaker 9: You played good teams, Dave, and there's a lot of things that come out. That's the Phillies. What happened here last time too. There's a one of things to come out when you played good teams, and now Dog, you do that if you buks overround the league.
Speaker 2: All right, yep, that's right. The Dodgers can make you look ugly too. Thanks Jse, We'll see you tomorrow. AliOS, There he goes Jose Mota, part of the Dodgers Spanish radio broadcast eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy. Is the phone number coming up in five minutes you'll hear my conversation with the newest ram and a guy that represented himself very well throwing out the first pitch tonight, Miles Garrett, Let's go back out to the phones. Rudy in La wants to let us know who he would bring out a retirement, like Aaron Donald is thinking for the Rams.
Speaker 4: Hi, Rudy, how you doing?
Speaker 9: Oh, Dave are really thank you for taking a call. But I would like to bring Mike Camp back.
Speaker 2: Oh hey, I don't mind bringing back Matt Camp. Especially twenty eleven. Matt Kemp almost a forty forty players should have been the MVP that year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like that version.
Speaker 7: I mean, everybody else is good, but I think Matt Camp was really really good.
Speaker 3: All right, I ain't gonna argue with that one. Rudy, that's a good name.
Speaker 2: Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number.
Speaker 3: Let's go out to Shane. Shane, you're on Dodger Talk. How you doing?
Speaker 7: I'm doing good man?
Speaker 9: How you doing?
Speaker 4: Buddy?
Speaker 3: Where are you calling from?
Speaker 7: Adlanto?
Speaker 3: Where's that.
Speaker 5: Over by Victorville?
Speaker 3: Oh that's why I don't know that city. I don't go that far out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, with all the injuries that we're having here and there and stuff like that, I would bring out Sido. I would love to see Sido come back.
Speaker 2: Takashi SAIDO, Wow, that's a name from the past right there.
Speaker 7: Definitely definitely Sido for sure.
Speaker 2: Why did you choose him out of all these other great Dodgers that you could have choosen from?
Speaker 3: Are you just trying to be super unique?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 7: No, no, I'm unique anyways. But yeah, and I was thinking Ganya, but that's out.
Speaker 3: Out out of the turn, outside of the window.
Speaker 7: Where you want to be.
Speaker 13: Out of the window.
Speaker 7: But I remember with Sido. I met Sido and I've always loved him when he's pitching and closing, and that was just really great. So I think Sido would be really good back to us. I came out of out a thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Yeah, he was a good closer, Nick COLETTI brought him over from Japan and he was solid for sure. Let's take one more phone call before we hear from Miles Garrett Camilla in Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: How are you doing, Camilla?
Speaker 11: I'm good.
Speaker 9: How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm doing great?
Speaker 2: Fun night at Dodger Stadium, especially when you have a nine run first inning. Were you at the game tonight or were you listening to us streaming it on the iHeartRadio app?
Speaker 8: No, Unfortunately I wasn't able to tune in, but I heard it was a really good one.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, all right, who would you want to bring out a retirement? I appreciate you listening to Dodger talk.
Speaker 11: At least, Yeah, no problem.
Speaker 6: I would bring crab Chris Taylor recently retired, but he was a great defense and I still remember his twenty twenty one.
Speaker 11: Walk off home run against during the Wildcard game.
Speaker 9: I like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he just retired officially, what last week? So yeah, he's officially retired, Camilla, So he qualifies. Yeah, Chris Taylor. Definitely, that would be great, especially the twenty seventeen Chris Taylor in the twenty one version who walked off the Cardinals in the Wildcard game. So yeah, yeah, I like Chris Taylor a fan favor, right, Camilla. Nobody will forget him up exactly. All right, Well, thank you for the phone call. Appreciate it. Yeah, Chris Taylor officially retired. He was playing for the Angels TRIPLEA team in Salt Lake City and he decided to call it a career. And he was a guy that got the most out of his baseball career because he was an unknown just basically, you know, languishing somewhere in the Mariners system before the Dodgers traded for him in the middle of the twenty sixteen season for Zach Lee. And then Chris Taylor had his best year in twenty seventeen, came up clutch with a huge catch in the NLCS in twenty eighteen, and another memorable moment was that walk off home run in the wild Card game against the Cardinals. So yeah, Chris Taylor, Congratulations on a great year, great career. I should say, celebrate ninety years of racing at Santa Anita Parker Friday through Sunday with millions and payouts every race day. For heart pounding action and new experiences. Visit Santa Anita dot com. Eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. By the way, the Dodgers winning tonight in nine innings extends their streak to begin the season without an extra innings game to sixty five. They played sixty five games now and have not played an extra inning game so far, which is tied for sixth with the Detroit Tigers of nineteen fifty eight, and so that streak continues tonight. The Dodgers still have not played an extra innings game and nobody's complaining around here.
Speaker 3: Hey, everybody was excited earlier today that.
Speaker 2: Miles Garrett was going to be in the house throwing out the ceremonial first pitch. I was excited, fans were excited, the Dodger players were excited, and we had a chance to catch up with the raining defensive player of the Year in the NFL and the newest Ram, Miles Garrett. All right, we are here with the reigning defensive player of the Year, the sack master himself, and LA's new favorite superstar, the one and only Miles Garrett at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 13: Thanks a lot for the time, and man, you look great in blue.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 13: It feels good and h blessed to be here. So you were just in the Dodger clubhouse.
Speaker 2: All those guys get asked for autographs and pictures, but I heard they were fan boying out on Miles Garrett. What was it like to have the best in the game paying respects to the best.
Speaker 4: Of his game.
Speaker 12: That's amazing. I appreciate the honor and respect and it definitely goes both the ways. Those guys are at the very pinnap of what they do.
Speaker 2: Did you see this weird awkward picture named Blake Snell try to go three point stance on you.
Speaker 12: I might have missed it. He might have done it a lot back with sirs. I don't know, but uh, I'm willing to line it up with anybody.
Speaker 13: Is this the first time you've been here?
Speaker 4: First time? Yeah, first game so far?
Speaker 2: Have you had a chance to look around? When you look around? What do you what do you think about this stadium?
Speaker 12: I mean, it's what it's supposed to look like, the atmosphere, the field. No, this is this is definitely a great pitch.
Speaker 13: I told you that LA has been buzzing about you.
Speaker 2: I don't know how much you've gone out in public since you got traded, but can you feel how excited the city is to have you part of this landscape?
Speaker 12: Ka, No, y'all y'all really received me. Well, there's a lot of great energy buzzing around and h I'm really appreciative because this is awesome atmosphere football.
Speaker 2: The one thing, the one thing I thought about when you got traded was that Halloween is going to a different level in LA with Miles Garrett in the house.
Speaker 12: Absolutely, and that's not stopping or going anywhere anytime soon. We're definitely gonna take it up a notch.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're throwing out the ceremonial first pitch tonight. When was the last time you threw a baseball?
Speaker 12: About a month ago? Yeah, yeah, I get I guess I was getting ready. I didn't even know, but uh yeah, you live trained at a baseball facility at least part of the baseball this selling I go out there and throw the ball around.
Speaker 2: That's what you do, just to hang out, relax, just play catch with a buddy exactly.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: That's that's just a way of you know, crossing over sports now some funch.
Speaker 13: So you're ready for this.
Speaker 4: I think I'm ready for it.
Speaker 13: Okay, you want to hear what my dream scenario is for your ceremonial first pitch, talk to me, Miles. Garrett goes out there on the mound.
Speaker 2: All of a sudden, a guy in catcher's gear with a catcher's mask comes out, big dude. All of a sudden, he takes the catcher's mask off, and it's Aaron Donald.
Speaker 12: This sounds more like WW than than baseball. But that sound like we're going to have like a final showdown.
Speaker 2: Are you getting tired of people asking you about.
Speaker 13: Aaron Donald wanting to play with you.
Speaker 4: I understand.
Speaker 12: No, he's beloved by the city and then rightfully so. No, he's the greatest defensive player this this town has ever had, and definitely the greatest defensive tackle that we've ever seen. So you know, a lot of respect to him.
Speaker 13: So is there a chance that might happen.
Speaker 4: Hey, that's all that's out of my hands.
Speaker 2: As far as him catching your first pitch, all both, thanks a lot for the time. Man, It's it's great to meet you, and I'm I've lived here in my whole life. I live in Woodland Hills where the rams HQ is and I could just tell you you fit perfectly in LA. You got a smile that will light up Ventura Boulevard, and certainly the spirit of the person you are comes across and we're really happy to have.
Speaker 4: You in La. Thank you so much. He's truly a blessing there.
Speaker 2: He is the man great Stash Miles Garrett. Watch for him on Ventural Boulevard, maybe Shupe and Irwin.
Speaker 3: You never know. You might see Miles Garrett at Monty Steakhouse. You never know. You never know.
Speaker 2: Miles Garrett will be running the valley, He'll be running Sofi Stadium, and it was great to see him.
Speaker 3: And he did a great job throwing out the first pitch tonight. No bounces.
Speaker 2: He was not like fifty cent throwing it five million times on the ground before it got to the catcher, before it got to home. Emmitt Shehan was promised yesterday that he would be able to catch the first pitch from Miles Garrett, and Wanderrado, the player's relation director, certainly delivered on his promise, and Emitt Sheen told me that he was not expecting Miles Garrett to throw a strike that hard. There was some extra giddy up on that first pitch from Miles Garrett. But great to have him out here. Great smile, great vibe, and I certainly will want would not want to be a quarterback in the NFL with that guy coming across the line of scrimmage. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's take one more phone call before we say goodnight. Glenn in Torrance, what do you think about Miles Garrett.
Speaker 9: I think that's an awesome pickup.
Speaker 8: I think Miles Garrett is amazing I mean, honestly, he's one of a crime. We've never seen something like this since like LT.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like he may convert a lot of uh not Rams fans into Rams fans in l.
Speaker 9: I think right about that?
Speaker 3: All right, you.
Speaker 2: Wanted to bring somebody up out of retirement like Aaron Donald's thinking about who you got?
Speaker 9: Let me get Adrian Beltray. What do you think about that?
Speaker 3: I think a little.
Speaker 2: Outside of the fifteen year window with the Dodgers, but I guess with the Rangers.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that that plays. That plays. I like Adrian Beltray.
Speaker 4: There we go.
Speaker 8: I think Adrian Beltray with the bat to ball skills right now, I think he'd be automatic.
Speaker 3: What would you do with Max Munsey? You're just kicking Max Munsey to the curb.
Speaker 4: Yep, I got the curb. He's a Hall of Famer. He's a Hall of Famer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Max Munsey should be an All Star this year, but he's not a Hall of Famer. Okay, Glenn fair enough? Thanks with a phone call. That's a good way to close that fun segment out. So thanks to everybody that called in. Loved hearing all those former Dodger names and speaking of Max Munsey. He gotta vote Munsey to the All Star Game because he deserves to be the National League starting third baseman. Andy Pohz deserves to be the starting center fielder. He drove in his fifty second and fifty third runs of the year. That's more than any other player in Major League Baseball this year, fourteen home runs, fifty three RBIs, and playing really good center field. For me, the two locks that should be starters are Pa haz Muncie and of course a third sho Hey Otani is certainly going to be the National League DH, but the game.
Speaker 3: Is in Philadelphia, so you never know.
Speaker 2: Those Philly fans, nah Otani's gonna be the DH, not schwarb Er.
Speaker 3: Don't worry about it.
Speaker 12: Hey.
Speaker 2: By the way, speaking of the All Star Game, Mike Trout is healthy for the first time in three years, and he's having a pretty good year.
Speaker 3: And the game is in Philadelphia. We all know Mike's a Philly guy.
Speaker 2: So if you're voting for the Dodgers when you click over to the American League, I would click on Mike Trout. I would love to see Mike Trout starting in center field in Philadelphia, and I had a chance to catch up with a future Hall of Famer before today's game. He was our pregame guest, Mike Trout. Yeah, that Mike Trout. You can find that conversation on the iHeartRadio app. That's where you can find all the Dodger Talk shows and interviews on the iHeartRadio app. Make Dodger Talk a preset, and don't forget to live stream all the shows and all the games on the iHeartRadio app. And don't forget when you listen to Dodger Talk on the iHeartRadio app. There's a little microphone icon. You could press it, you could talk into it. You can rip me, you can say nice things. You could say hi to Colin Ye or Dwayne McDonald. You could say whatever you want in that microphone. But hey, let's try to keep it clean. If you want it on the air tomorrow, the Dodgers are looking for the sweep over the Angels. Emmittt Sheen is going up against Jose Soriano. Our coverage begins at noon, first pitch at one ten. The finale of this freeway series is the Dodgers have won the first five.
Speaker 3: Meetings between them and the Halos. That'll do it for US tonight.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening, thanks for participating, Thanks to Miles Garrett, Thanks to Mike Trout. How many people can say they interviewed those two guys on the same day at Dodgers Stadium. You can only hear that right here on a five to seventy LA Sports once again. The final score tonight the Dodgers defeat the Angels nine to two.
Speaker 3: Have a great rest of your night, see them
Speaker 1: Send it away.