Speaker 1: One on one point three Katie W b. Good Marning and to share some good news for you. So, and this is a little bit out of like kind of out of the blue, but I'm gonna tell you anyway, because you know, we pretty much share our lives on the radio to to a fault. Sometimes yes, too much. And so about six or eight or nine years ago, it's been a while now, my wife Susan her belly really hurt, really really bad. And she's like, oh, she's on the floor and just like thought it was a gas bubble or no, it didn't go away. So she goes to urgent care over on Highway two twelve over in Chaska and they're like, oh, it's your gallbladder. So they put it in an ambulance. They take her over to the Waconia Hospital. The next day, they cut her open, they take out her gallbladder. Whatever did I say, gallbladder?
Speaker 2: Yeah, get gallbladder.
Speaker 1: So they take out her gallbladder. The surgeon calls me and she's like she says, hey, the surgery went fine, but we found this thing inside of her that does not look good. Oh it's big. It's the size of a shoe.
Speaker 2: Jeez.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, well, could it be cancer? And she's like, well, that's our fear. So I mean, my god, what do you do? I was home alone and and Susan was still in recovery. I didn't know who to call, and I was trying to call somebody to talk to, and so I run to the hospital and uh. And so basically for about two weeks or so, we didn't know what it was. Right, So she goes in uh for surgery to remove it of a very very delicate surgery. And the doctor who did it, she said, I'm really glad I got to be the doctor because I don't think anybody else in the state would have been able to do the surgery.
Speaker 2: God bless And.
Speaker 1: That's not her bragging, that's her being honest.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So this doctor, she did such a great job. She takes it out, she cut. So I'm in the waiting room, and you're in the waiting room waiting for the results of the surgery and like whether it's cancer or not. And I sit in this little waiting room and you know, you're trying to read or you're trying to play on your phone, and you're really.
Speaker 2: At the Hallmarks magazine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm thinking of all these people who have been in this waiting room that have gotten bad news. Well, the doctor comes in and she said, well, it's basically it's not cancer, but it is serious, so it was good news. The point I'm getting to is that Susan has had to go back every like year or two to get it scanned or whatever tested to see if there's markers for cancer. And everything's been fine. But the hospital calls and says, you know what, we're looking at your charts. You need to come back in. We need to check this again. So now she thought she was in the clear, she's on pins and needles, and so she goes in yesterday to get a CT scan and they it's not like they pushed her to the front of the line, but they knew of her situation because it was so rare, like one in a million. And so she's clear. She's so, she's good, And I'm like, I told you so. Because whenever you're married and you get a chance to save on I told you so, they always take that chance to say I told you so.
Speaker 4: I just love that she had the thing, not love, but you know, had this thing the size of a shoe in her stomach because it makes me think of operation where you have to use the little tweezers and you have to pull out the shoe from that guy's stomach.
Speaker 2: That's what you got out of this story. Well it's Bailey, you get it.
Speaker 4: I mean when every time I hear and it was the size of a shoe and I just think, was it clanking around there?
Speaker 1: You know it little buckles on him?
Speaker 2: Done?
Speaker 1: So anyway, And the thing I bring this up because you know, we share our lives on the show, but I also it makes you really think because not everybody gets the good news. You know, a lot of the time you get the bad news. So I hope whatever you're looking for, I hope you get the good news.
Speaker 2: And thank god Susan's okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, definitely definitely happy about that. I will so happy. All Right, we're going to play Genny's on vacation. She's in Morocco right now, Yes, I said Morocco. Bailey is going to lead today on lyrics shuffle.
Speaker 4: All right, so it's going to I'm going to give you a word, a completely computer generated word, totally totally generated word, and then you have like a couple of seconds to tell me the name of a song that goes kind of with it. Not the name of it, but you know, say it. All right, Dave, you're gonna go first. Okay, ready, heart.
Speaker 1: And I know that my heart will go. Thank very nice, very nice.
Speaker 2: Good job.
Speaker 4: All right, Dave, you're on the board, but you're keeping score. All right. You were next girlfriend?
Speaker 2: Hey, hey you you I don't like your girlfriend?
Speaker 1: No nice?
Speaker 4: Oop, there you go day break up with and that's the one I had. Nice. Remember when vont didn't know who every Levine was. That was a good time. Okay, all right, you have one point, Dave, you have one point. Dave, you're next here.
Speaker 1: Watch watch nothing? I have nothing at all?
Speaker 2: Front. Do you got anything? Watch you're bad to watch out? Good job. Did you have Bailey, Let's see I had this one. I think.
Speaker 1: Wow, watch out?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, uh it is your turn. Now here.
Speaker 1: We got watch that nowhere.
Speaker 2: Small.
Speaker 1: All the small things.
Speaker 2: Whatever. The rest of the words are very nice. That's correct, Thank you, Thank you one David?
Speaker 1: Three table?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 2: Wow, Okay, Dave, we're back to you turn. I'm ready, Okay, here we go.
Speaker 1: Sorry, baby, I'm sorry, not sorry, baby, I'm sorry. I'm not sorry.
Speaker 4: Good, very good. Okay, Dave, now you're back on the board. You're coming back ready, okay, oh wait ye Now it's Van's turn.
Speaker 2: But it's two three, so you're catching up.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 2: Okay, Von, this is your word? Great, great, great, great, Dave? Do you have one?
Speaker 1: No? Nothing? I got nothing for great?
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's hard.
Speaker 2: That is a hard one.
Speaker 1: That is a buried lyric.
Speaker 2: It is well, it's great. She says it twice.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, last round, baby, all right, here we go right now. I think it's turn right, Yes, okay, here's your word.
Speaker 2: It's Dave's word. By the way, I'm sorry, Dave's word. Face what face face face face.
Speaker 1: I see nothing nothing.
Speaker 2: To your face.
Speaker 4: No, oh my gosh, wow.
Speaker 1: There's probably a lot with face the Okay, this the last one for me.
Speaker 2: Okay, n I get a good one. Here's your word. Hair, I wh my hair back.
Speaker 1: Your corporate you deserve the wind. You got that better watch out, watch out?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you better one.
Speaker 1: Sorry, we'll be right back with War of the Race.
Speaker 2: Kati w b.
Speaker 1: Hey, just a little quick shout out to Christmas Wish because we're getting to the Christmas wish and give to the Max Days on Thursday. So we're gonna do something special on Thursday to get more donations for Christmas wish. I don't know what yet, but I think we're gonna have, you know, DJ's do something like they live on top of a telephone pole for like three days. So I'm gonna try to find a telephone pole. We'll have Vaunt stand up on top of the telephone pole for three days. You were going to stand on some of the You're gonna find it for me. You're young and fit and you want You love attention, right, you love attention. You love attention. So we're gonna have live on top of a telephone pole for three days or at least the morning. Give it to the Max Days coming up on Thursday. Whoever you choose to go to to give to, let's get rid of it. Right into War of the Roses on kd w B to see whether or not this guy will fall for the trap and choose the wrong person to send roses to atting a cheater, one.
Speaker 7: Fake bouquet of roses at a time.
Speaker 2: Four of the Roses starts right now on kd w B.
Speaker 1: Don't laugh at this War of the Roses because even though there's it's kind of a little bit I don't know, funny in a way. He got to remember, you, guys, there's somebody's relationship here at Stake. Now. The thing is, he hasn't caught anybody cheating yet. But we got a guy named Noah on the phone, and you're wondering, does she have the potential to be unfaithful? I Noah.
Speaker 8: Hey, guys, thanks a lot for taking my call.
Speaker 1: Yeah, talk to me about your relationship with Layla and what happened over the weekend and what you learned about Leila.
Speaker 8: Well, I'm really really into this girl. We've been to each other a while and yeah, we got kind of lit this last weekend and she told me something about how she lost her last job, and I just don't know if she's she's serious, Like, you know, she wants to see me seriously because she she actually cheated on her last husband and she lost her job over it.
Speaker 1: And oh what now, how does that you cheat on your husband or partner? Your work has nothing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so she worked at this rental car place and she told me like the marriage was already like kind of falling apart, and you know, they weren't sleeping another, you know, like but like they weren't, they weren't banging, and so like she had an affair with another guy that worked at her job. It was another married man, and she actually was caught a guy in a rental car and she got fired over it. And when she told me, I mean, okay, at first, it was it's kind of funny, it's like we all do like crazy stuff. But I realized, like, man, I I'm I'm like in love with her, and like, I don't know, I don't want I don't want to be like her next husband she cheats on.
Speaker 3: And so.
Speaker 8: I know, I'm a big fan. I've listening to your show a lot. So I was like, let's let's give her a call.
Speaker 1: Okay, So let's back up a little bit slowly here. So she worked at renal rental car company, and somehow they caught her sneaking into a rental car, probably on camera. Now she should have gone for the van because then you get a rental car van or an suv, you go in the back seat.
Speaker 8: They couldn't, like the way she put it, like, they couldn't, you know, do it at their homes because like their partners were there so she was looking up. She was she was in a rental van. And the way she said it, it was funny and kind of sexy at the time, but then I realized, like, oh my god, you cheat on her husband? Is she going to cheat on me?
Speaker 1: I mean legitimate question. It's an interesting story. I'm just trying to picture, you know, the the rental car and then you know, like, okay, because you're right, they wouldn't have a place to do you the.
Speaker 8: Name of the company.
Speaker 1: I don't want to know the name.
Speaker 2: Of the company.
Speaker 1: I don't want to know the name. Yeah, I don't, I don't care. I'm gonna guess it was Alamo because Alamo is the sexiest. Let's face it, Alamo is the sexiest rental car company.
Speaker 8: So you want you're gonnay, I don't want to know, don't tell us.
Speaker 2: I feel like you want to you really want to tell us?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: Okay? So what I can do is we can call and we can say, hey, you you know you you're gonna win this a weekend get away. So and if she takes this survey from the phone company blah blah blah, the usual ploy. We will then trap her into picking someone to take a weekend romantic, spa get away whatever, and so she should pick you, Noah, But there's nobody else on the radar.
Speaker 2: There shouldn't be no Huah.
Speaker 8: Okay, not that I know, Not that I knows.
Speaker 1: I'm confident that she is like gonna pick you in this War of the Roses. Something tells me it's gonna be just fine. But I've been wrong before.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: All right, stay there, Noah, and we'll be right back.
Speaker 2: Love is in the air or wait, are those lies?
Speaker 1: I guess we'll see.
Speaker 2: I'm part two War of the Roses on.
Speaker 8: Katie w B.
Speaker 1: Let's get started right now, just to reset a little bit in case you missed the beginning. We're talking to a guy who's seeing a girl and she like, I think she was like, you know, getting a little bit loosey goosey, and like had a couple of glasses of wine and she's like, I don't want to let you know. Funny story I was. You know, when I was married, I would cheat it on my husband down at the rental car place where she worked. And and so they, I guess, would sneak into a van and then hook up in the van and then they got caught on security and I don't know if they both got fired or she got fired. So she's like, yeah, I cheated on my ex husband right last Yeah, And he's like, wellow, no, do I get serious with somebody who cheated on her husband work? Those are two bad eye But we live and we learn and we grow. And but then again he still wonders, rightfully, So so let's make the phone call to her and see who she wants to spend the weekend with. They wanted like a week can get away or something like that.
Speaker 2: And the correct name is Noah. Noah.
Speaker 1: Okay, important to.
Speaker 9: Note question Leylah, thanks for doing that with me today. Like I said, it was just going to be a super quick questionnaire, but for doing that. We have a wonderful promotion going on with the company where we're setting up our loyal customers with a staycation at the and.
Speaker 2: So I'll need to know.
Speaker 9: Obviously I have your information, I'll get a few other things from you, but I also need to know who you want to bring because it's for two people, So who you want to bring with you so I can put them on the reservation as well. Oh my god, Noah, perfect You guys are going to have such a great time. This hotel is beautiful and it's very romantic.
Speaker 8: Oh I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: I mean it's it's disappointing and when they find out there's absolutely no prize involved at all. Sorry, there's no hotel, no hotel, no prize.
Speaker 8: No, we actually get the weekend getaway. Hey, Leila's this are you?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 8: Why well, it's it's like a radio show. It's like it's like a dating show. I thought, I don't uh wait, there's no actual weekend get away.
Speaker 1: Hold on, you know this, you know this? Let me let me try to clear up. I don't know if like Noah's nervous or he's drunk, or or if he's just what but let Noah slow down a second. There, Okay, I'm gonna explain this is this is a bit and everything's turned out fine. We called to see if you would choose your boyfriend Noah for the weekend get away, and without hesitation you did. You wonder why he wanted to put you on the spot.
Speaker 8: I mean, yeah, he well you told him.
Speaker 1: Go you go ahead, Noah, seems like you want to do all the talking here. Go ahead and tell him no, no, no, you no.
Speaker 8: You you tell tell her, Okay, after this weekend, after this weekend. You know what you said was things weren't going well, you know, in your last marriage, and you got caught at your job doing that thing, you know, looking up hooking up with a coworker. And I and I just thought I just didn't know if maybe you would ever do that to me. But I I'm sorry, maybe, like I really do love you.
Speaker 7: Why why why did you need to call someone to like try to trick me or something. I don't I don't understand.
Speaker 1: Lot I understand because you like you were you were you were given us to a guy in a rental car and you were married, so you know, you laughed about it. But I think he was just curious whether you were still you know, like that was behind you or not.
Speaker 7: I mean, I don't I understand where he's coming from, Like absolutely, but we talked about this.
Speaker 8: I choose you.
Speaker 7: Those days are long behind me. It wasn't a great choice. I know that it was wrong and it wasn't happy. I was so unhappy in my marriage. And I mean, obviously that's not really an.
Speaker 8: Excuse, but it is.
Speaker 7: It is what happened and you know, there's so many people who have married the wrong person, including me, And honestly, everybody I've ever known who's gotten divorced has cheated.
Speaker 1: Oh really, everybody everybody you've ever known has who has gotten divorced has cheated. Yes, you know, I think that that's interesting because maybe they've told you. But I've known tons of people that have gotten divorced, and I've known some of them who did cheated or were cheat cheated on. But I don't know that everybody who's gotten a divorce, now that I think about it, maybe I think they have of they just don't talk about it, but they haven't told you.
Speaker 2: Well, they might be lying, I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Let me ask people who are listening to the show, is anybody who got divorced, maybe especially on the first time they cheated or the other person cheated. They didn't get divorced because they cheated, but they did cheat. I know somebody who well I don't want to give too much away, but they definitely cheated on their first husband and then they got a divorce. Okay, what do you think? War of the Roses on KTWBS. So she chose the right guy, but she was not very happy about it. And the question is, do you know a couple that got divorced where there was no cheating, Not because they didn't get divorced because they cheated, but they got divorced and someone cheated, like maybe they'd been unhappy for a lot long time and then she cheated or he cheated.
Speaker 4: The text message says, this is a hot mess. Someone send this man a life chat.
Speaker 1: Right. Yeah, here's what a text that says. A girl I went to school with her husband divorced her because while she worked at a car dealership in the South Metro she sealed the deal with say X. Really she never got fired but brought in business. I guess are you serious? People are like, yeah, I've heard about that one. Wow, Wow, head to that car. Yeah she is crazy. Here's next one. I just got a divorce. My ex husband cheated, truth is to it. Another one, I am divorced because my husband cheated on me, But now I've been happily married nine years with my soulmate. Another one. I was cheated on, but I never cheated in my marriage. I'm not saying that every divorce ends because of cheating. I'm saying every divorce is likely to have cheating in there. Because let's say let's say you're married to Rain, you and Randy are married, things are not working out for five years, you don't touch each other, somebody's gonna cheat. Not because that was the first thing, but because you and Randy don't touch each other.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I think it's I think it's a valid assumption to make if someone got divorced that maybe there was infidelity somewhere in that relationship. I'd be interested to know, like, hey, if if it wasn't cheating, what was it, you know, like maybe it was, oh, your finances or something.
Speaker 1: But like sometimes you just throw a part in your board with each other. Yeah, so let us know we are gonna do. We're gonna do Pick your ticket Tuesday in a second. But I got a couple of phone calls that we got to get to really quick. Pick your ticket Tuesday is coming up in a second. To go to five seconds of Summer Megan Train or Cardi b Demi Levado, ed Shearon or Doja Cat that's coming up? Had a Tina you got divorced. But there was no cheating at all.
Speaker 8: No cheating at all, no absolutely no infidelity. It was just four kids and we just grew apart.
Speaker 10: I think if we wouldn't have gotten divorced and.
Speaker 8: We did, potentially it could have gone.
Speaker 2: Down that line.
Speaker 4: That's a good observation.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Tina. I wish we had more time on this when we might have to come back to it because we've got to do five set with well, we're going to do five seconds in summer, but it's also pick your ticket Tuesday on KATWB. So you're gonna call me now at six five to one, nine eight nine, Katie WB, and we'll grab calder number. We're just grabbing. Call her number ten.
Speaker 2: We can play if we have time. Let's grab call it ten.
Speaker 1: Grab call her number ten. We're a little we're a little crunch for time. Called her number ten sixty five one nine eight nine Katie WB, and you get to pick your ticket. It's either going to be uh Demi Levado make a trainer five seconds of summer CARDI b Ed Sharon or Doja cat the Dave Ryan Show one on one point three kd WB heard the story this morning on a podcast. Basically it is like a podcast news. The guy who tried to grab and get a picture with Arian and Grande on the Red Carpet the other day. Yeah, he spent nine days in jail, and he is a known public nuisance. He's done this before with Katie Perry and some other artists where they rush the stage and they try to get on and he's harmless. But also that's not a he's a nuisance. It's scary and it's not okay.
Speaker 4: I'm glad that he's getting you know, you know, brought to justice. Even though he's only in jail for nine days whatever, that's still a little bit of justice because I think with social media stuff, the whole idea of being a public nuisance for views is super popular.
Speaker 1: It is, isn't it yet?
Speaker 2: And I'm saying, of that crap, I don't want to see it.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 4: Speaking of Wicked, I mean, Wicked's been kind of the talk of the town for this week because it's coming out on Thursday. Ariana Grande hinted at even another Wicked movie beyond the one that's coming out this week at a recent panel discussion with the Castle Share.
Speaker 9: We can count on there'll always be another parallel to So I don't think anyone's going anywhere.
Speaker 1: First of all, no one's going anywhere.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying goodbye to anything.
Speaker 8: These characters will be a part of our hearts always.
Speaker 2: You know, they've changed our lives.
Speaker 4: I mean, she's kind of not saying it overtly in that clip there, but if you know the story of Wicked, you know that you know it's possible it could go further. But I mean, I assume the second movie ends at the end of the play, because it is a play.
Speaker 2: But there is a dot dot dot at the end of the play as well, so we'll see. Maybe they'll bring up brand new stuff.
Speaker 6: And the last thing I'll say about Wicked is last night there was a premiere for Wicked in New York and Cynthia Rivo, who she lost her voice, and so very oddly, Ariana Grande said, I'm also not attending the premiere in solidarity.
Speaker 2: Just the weird thing to say in solidarity for those.
Speaker 1: Two is just weird. It is like, oh, we just they've made that movie so much about them and not about our enjoyment of the movie. I have no desire to see Wicked or any of its offshoots, and I know I'm not and their target demo because those two just irritate the out of me because they're so like, oh, I love her, I love her, and it's like, can you make the movie about something besides the two of you? Egomaniac It is very theater kid.
Speaker 2: That is definitely a theater kid thing where it'd be like I love you, no, I love you. Oh, let's cuddle. I'm gonna hold space for you.
Speaker 1: It is very much Bailey knows yes, because she is a theater kid kid. All Right, we got to get to it.
Speaker 10: Here.
Speaker 1: We get somebody in the phone here for pick your Ticket Tuesday. Every hour today at like thirty five past. We always run a little bit late because you know, we're that's just what we do. But we have Nikki on the phone. Hello Nikki, Hi, what are you up to this morning? NICKI?
Speaker 7: Oh, just hanging out with the family.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, you got any plans you go? You're going to school? What's for lunch? Are you making lunch? Or the is it taco Tuesday? Down to the.
Speaker 7: School making lunch?
Speaker 1: Okay, sorry, not a bad idea. Okay, So here we go pick your ticket Tuesday. I'm gonna read the list for you. You then pick who you want to go see. Here we go Megan Trainer five seconds of Summer Dimmi Levado Cardi b Ed sheeron Doja Cat? What do you think? Nikki? Ed Ed Saron, you got it, You're a winner.
Speaker 6: Ed Sharon's going to be at a US Bank Stadium. You got some time. It's next August? Is it next August fifteen?
Speaker 1: You've got time. You've got time to pick out what you're gonna wear. So that's cool, all right, Nikki, good job, Thank you for listening. Have a wonderful day. Thank you. Can I go back to really quick before we get into group therapy? Yeah, what we brought up the and everything kind of came together at once. We were talking on War of the Roses about how she cheated with her last husband, but she's not gonna do it anymore because she's like, that's you know, it's it's in her past. And I said something like, I'll bet you that nearly every marriage that ends in divorce there is cheating involved. Not they didn't get divorced because of cheating necessarily, but once you give up on that person, there might be a little bit of an overlap between your new boyfriend or girlfriend and your other one. So we have a ton of text messages and we're going to read some at random because I think that there's I think that's a big secret. I think when people get divorced. And I'm not a judging person about that. I've known you know you should judge cheating, sure, but I've known so many wonderful people who have cheated, and to them it was absolutely justified. And I can't sit there and go, well, you know what I've liked. I liked you before, but now I found out that you cheated, so I don't like you anymore.
Speaker 4: Right, So this tech says, wow, never thought about it, but yes, every divorce I know about involved cheating, maybe not the cause, but a byproduct. Right this one says, yes, my ex husband had an affair and is now married with kids with her, and now my now husband has the same thing happened to him.
Speaker 2: I guess as well.
Speaker 4: But some say now, so no cheating divorce because he was stealing from the federal government and got caught.
Speaker 1: I saw one where he's stealing Pokemon cards.
Speaker 4: My friend just got a divorce because he stole Pokemon cards enough for a felony.
Speaker 1: They are a huge thing. Now that I tell you that, I know somebody who like they got in their kids nineteen nineties Pokemon collection sixty five thousand dollars in Pokemon cards. Wow. Yeah, because the kid played with them a little bit in the nineties, put him in like a secure place, never touched him again. So now they're all in pert So anyway, what here's another text message, I'm divorced. There was no cheating. There was, however, substance abuse and addiction. And I'm not saying every divorce has cheating involved, but I'm saying probably a lot more than you think. Because if your friend, let's say your friend Madeline gets divorced and she's like, yeah, we just grew apart. Is Madeline going to admit to you that since they've grown apart that she's been seeing somebody else?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 2: Probably not right? Yeah? And another textays happy people don't cheat, that's why.
Speaker 1: So what does that even mean?
Speaker 2: As in, like, if you were happy in your marriage, wouldn't cheat?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Probably be true?
Speaker 7: True.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can imagine that makes sense. Thanks for all the comments on katiewb. Let's get into show. This has nothing to do with cheating, Mallory, but it does have to do with a relationship and I had got to tell you. I've never heard of this before in my life. Hi Mallory, Hi, morning morning. Simple question. What do you want to ask about on group therapy?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, so I think I'm allergic to my boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Okay, it sounds like an episode of some awful afternoon talk show like Doctor Phil. Today Mallory thinks she's allergic to her boyfriend, Maori, Welcome Mallory to the show. What do you mean You're allergic to your boyfriend?
Speaker 3: Know it sounds weird, but uh yeah, every time I'm with him, I ended up getting something like an allergic reaction. Uh yeah, you know, I spend the night at his house, and you know, we would be intimate. I won't go into detail. At first, I thought it was his dog, because of course that's where my mind went.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it makes sense. Wait, you were intimate with the dog? Is that a bad joke around?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, gotcha? Okay, sorry, So anyway.
Speaker 10: You.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, even when I spend the night at my house or any when he spent the night at my house and when we're together, I wake up itchy and rashy. It's only when we're sleeping in the same bed.
Speaker 1: So you thought, because like maybe there's dog hair in his bed, that that was what made you allergic. But even back at your house there's no dog, you still got itchy and allergic. So now you're starting to narrow it down that it could be allergic. Is that even possible? Right, there's somebody listening who knows biologically whether that's possible to be allergic to somebody somewhere. What about when you like hold what about if you like just hold hands, I mean, like if you're holding hands or something like that.
Speaker 3: Right, it's not when we hold hands. It's only when we're in the same bed, like when we're an intimate or not intimate.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: But but then two days after that, I'm itchy, like for two days.
Speaker 1: Oh, for two days yourself. So you hook up, you make out, and then you're like itchy in the areas.
Speaker 2: And you've got like is it patchy and like red and like rashy or is it just itchy?
Speaker 3: It's itchy, it's rashy, it's kind of high. It's like ezema is oh, man, is I feel bad?
Speaker 1: Now? That's never happened with you and another partner before?
Speaker 3: No, No, you know, and I feel so silly for asking, but I mean, is it possible.
Speaker 12: Well to be actually the allergic?
Speaker 2: Interesting?
Speaker 1: Let me ask Alexa. Yeah, hey, Alexa, is it possible to be allergic to another person?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's possible to be allergic.
Speaker 5: Allergies occur when your immune system overreacts to normally harmless substances called allergens. These can include things like pollen, pet dander, certain foods, or medications. The reaction can range from mild symptoms or interesting.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, so I had a boyfriend a long time ago who I also thought I was a tiny bit allergic to, and I just assumed.
Speaker 2: It was because he was a vegetarian.
Speaker 1: Are you serious?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it would be.
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 4: It is funny that she's talking about it, because I had totally forgotten about it until like right now. But yeah, i'd get like an itchy, rashy, I feel like your little pus thing that you do.
Speaker 2: It's either ratchy, the.
Speaker 1: A cocktail and put some powda on it, right.
Speaker 4: And so I'm sure it's something somebody texted in saying it might be his soap or cologne.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I knew a friend who thought she had herpes and so she went to the doctor, and the doctor was so long ago, is something like she was using scented or some brand of toilet paper, and toilet paper made her react and she thought she had herpes. The doctor's like, no, it's did try and laundry soap or cologne could be something too. Does he put on a lot of cologne? Does he wear cologone? Like vant?
Speaker 10: Does?
Speaker 3: I mean, I know he does have cologne. You know it's it's not heavier anything, but he.
Speaker 8: Does have it.
Speaker 1: Somebody says, in the kindest of ways via text message, but if you turn your radio on just now, she thinks that she might be allergic to her boyfriend because whenever they are together or intimate or whatever, she gets itchy, ratchy, like uncomfortable for a couple of days. Afterward, somebody says, in the kindest of ways, go to your doctor. Uh, you can be allergic to another person and or their bodily contents.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And a lot of some people are saying, you know, it's either your soap, laundry detergent, cologne.
Speaker 2: But then people are saying, like, yeah, they're bodily contents. You can be allergic to that.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't it be awful.
Speaker 2: Oh it sounds terrifying.
Speaker 6: I'm not laughing at it, but I've never heard of that or had it done to me like had been in the same situation.
Speaker 1: Either, I have it either, but I guess it's possible, same way people are allergic to certain dogs or cats. Janey, you went through the same thing as Mallory. What happened?
Speaker 2: What did you do?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 10: We tried a bunch of different things. I tried a bunch of different laundry detergents. But we're kind of think that it wasn't because when we weren't in close proximity, it wasn't affecting me. So I had him try different body.
Speaker 1: Soap okay, and what happened?
Speaker 2: Oh it fixed it? So yours was a soap issue? Yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: So I think there's there's a couple of different directions. It's either a soap issue or it's his biology issue.
Speaker 2: And now those are two totally.
Speaker 1: Different, totally different things.
Speaker 11: Ones like you can change it. One I don't think you can change it. We got more phone calls here, let me see who else we have on the phone. Basically, she's trying to figure out how she allergic to her boyfriend, Melissa, What do you think? She says, she breaks out, she gets itchy whenever they're together. They she gets itchy for a couple of days afterward.
Speaker 1: Melissa.
Speaker 12: So, I know people can be allergic to other people's pheromones that they produce, not necessarily like sweat or stuff like that, but their actual because each person produces different ones.
Speaker 2: But then what do you do about that?
Speaker 1: What is the solt?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What can you do because you can't change the pheromones you produce.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wonder if anybody's broken up because it's like, you know, we just that she's like got a reaction.
Speaker 6: Somebody on our livestream said that they were allergic to their X when they first got together, but then they got they stayed together for over a decade, so they just grew out of it.
Speaker 1: Just grew out of it.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What most people here, I think are your answers, Mallory. A lot of people are saying, check the soap, check the laundry detergent, check his cologne, anything like that, and that could be exactly what it is, and you could have an allergy. That's probably your first step.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Some people too are also saying like it maybe his pH levels. Maybe his pH levels are off or more acidic. And then someone else says, hey, maybe he's getting ready for a date putting cologne all over his body, puts them on his hand, and then puts it down his pants, and maybe that's what you're allergic to.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean maybe, honestly, maybe what I've never known a guy that does that.
Speaker 2: You don't know.
Speaker 1: Here's a text message. I like this one. It's because it's true. I got UTIs all the time from my ex and my doctor says, sometimes two people just don't mix.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, it sounds like a sad story.
Speaker 1: It does sound like a sad story, but I think it's true because I think some people, I mean, it's just sometimes you feel a little bit different and it's like whoa was there? Like something weird going on?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Have like the biggest love story ever and it's the most sweeping romantic thing, but you're just not meant for each other biologically.
Speaker 2: Oh, that would be sad.
Speaker 4: Someone did recommend saying, try changing one thing at a time to see if it works.
Speaker 1: So okay, well good. Here's a nurse that says, try an allergy pill. Half an hour to an hour prior to intimacy from Nurse Patty. So, Mallory, good luck, because you know what, if you like this guy, of course you want to stay together. Yeah, but if every time you touch it's kind of like you really like pizza and it's like, oh man, I got to have some pizza, then after a while it's like maybe it's not worth it. So that Mallory, thanks for thanks for being on good Luck. If you want to be on group therapy for anything, and obviously we cover anything, send an email to Ryan Show at KDWB at dot com. It is time now, you guys, for what's on your radar. DJ's are the original influencers. We were influencer for movies and music and books and sold with restaurants or whatever way before Instagram and TikTok. But we're still here. We're going to go around the room and tell you what is on our radar that we think is really cool that you might want to put on your radar. Bailey, wait to start with you.
Speaker 2: Okay, So mine is happening this weekend.
Speaker 4: It's a group called Los Alegres Baladores and they are putting on a Mexican Folklore Dance show this weekend at the Fair. I met some listeners who are in it and they were like, Hey, this is really fun and it's a really cool time of Mexican folklore dance. And so it's this weekend on the twenty second and the twenty third at Concordia Universe.
Speaker 1: It's so funny how we each have our own brand of what's on our radar is usually something artsy or lead and that's cool, and I love that vibrant color. Mine is something so practical. It's a Christmas gift for your parents or for you or for your partner. I've got one of these, so I can totally recommend this when I used it the other day to fill them. Motorcycle tires, go on sharperimage dot com and look for a tire inflator and it's about the size of a hand drill and you can charge it or it'll plug into your twelve volt round outlet in your car and it'll pump up your tire. So you said it like, you know, forty four psi. It'll go and it's slow, but it's really effective and it works great and you're not sitting there with the tire pump or waiting in lining down at the quick trip or something like that. You don't have to pay for it, which is a bunch of b ass. So for yourself or for somebody for a Christmas present. Sharperimage dot Com a cordless tire inflator on my.
Speaker 2: Radars on my radar.
Speaker 6: I know I always give you shows and movies to watch, but this one add it to your watch list. Is called All Her Fault. This girl, this woman, she goes to pick up her son from a playda she had with another kid. But when she gets to that house, that lady never has heard of this woman or her kid, so her kid is missing, and the whole show with her trying to find her kid.
Speaker 2: It's like a thriller but kind of soap opera. It's on Peacock. It is so good.
Speaker 1: It's called All Her Fault. Okay, And if you're miss any of these, we'll put these online on Dave Ryan's show on Instagram. One more Time.
Speaker 4: Bailey Yes minus Los Alegres Baladores their performance this weekend. They do Mexican folkloric dance at Concordia University.
Speaker 1: David Mine is this Sharper Image tire inflator. I've had one for probably five years. I use it whenever my tire this time of the year when it's like your tires are low because it's cold outside and everything contracts, you know your tires are low, so I pull it out. It does all the work. It's like a drill and it's probably about one hundred bucks or so. So it's on sharper image. I'm not getting paid to plug this, by the way, and it's just a tire inflator.
Speaker 2: And on my radar is a show on Peacock It's called All Her Fault.
Speaker 1: Hey go check those out. Also an artist that's on our radar and I think they might blow up big. Her name is Taylor Swift. Swift Yeah check her out. Katiewb