Speaker 1: That's right, eight or six Patrick Morning Show, sauce it up. Maybe Ben Lebers over there just hanging my thread emotionally. Just finished recording another episode of the Fat and Sassin podcast. Oh which one's Sassin?
Speaker 2: Well, sigh for sure.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's time for a fan five on the Power Trip, brought to you by the Saint Paul Saints. Go Saints. That's right, Sat Paul Saint Saints Baseball dot Com. They'll be back on the seventeenth place in baseball down at the best field in Twin Cities. See you, just for you.
Speaker 2: We're down of the final twenty one players in the main event of the World Series of Poker twenty twenty six, The Whole Boy playing down to a final table today and then they take like a three week break before it hits ESPN for the first time in years. Sweet man, it's on the app right now, but I'm talking about the big time where it's actually on the channel for the final table August, third, fourth, and fifth. Wow, twenty one to go. That's sweet. A couple of cool stories though. If you care about poker, Ell and I do. This is my super Bowl. The twenty nineteen champ Hossain ensn who's now sixty two years old, is eighth in chips, so a former champ trying to run it back seven years later. That would be really cool to see him do it again. Unbelievable that he did it the first time. Sean Deeves, who Sean deeb is one of the best players in the world. He's sixth in ships with twenty one to go. But here's a name you guys probably know, even you guys.
Speaker 1: Kerry Coughlin.
Speaker 2: No, happy birthday, Happy birthday. Carry. Todd Brunson is lasting chips out of the twenty one, but his father, Doyle is no longer with us, but is the godfather of poker. So how about potentially fifth years after his dad went back to back main events, Todd Brunson's still in there with twenty one dy go Hell yeah, man, that would be kind of a cool story fifty years later doing what his dad did. Although his dad was I think one like three hundred thousand at that time, this would be ten million for first Pretty cool. So anyway, playing down to the final table today, Yeah, that's fun, It really is. Yeah. Are we going to bet on it? Sure? In three weeks he's got a problem. Yeah, let's bet on it. See, he'll bet on that. He'll bet on the golf. No, you're med hawk, not the golf. What does it matter me? I don't know. Just see fun. Yeah, because you brought up nine.
Speaker 1: Well you brought it up on the podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that you brought up today, Paul, you're not gonna watch. I mean it's on ESPN, so there's a good chance that I will.
Speaker 1: He's busy being bull legged.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm not bowl leg. Why aren't you? Oh no, just just walk in the lines. So Benjamin, let me let me ask you. Jam Yeah. We talked about this all the time during the NFL Draft, right, because Sauce is NFL. That is his super Bowl, right. He likes the draft more than any other sporting event of the entire year, watching the bad event. That's me with the World Series a Poker, both the whole main event, but specifically the final table. Cannot wait. It's my favorite sporting event. I would rather watch that than the Super Bowl and the Masters and whatever. I'm going to assume yours is the super Bowl. But if it's not, surprises number one sports ish viewing event of the year TV only, I'm not saying, like intending in person, I'm saying, you can only watch one has to be the super Bowl. You go, super Bowl? Yeah makes sense? Yeah, oh go ahead. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was thinking any close, any game seven would be great of any league. But that's not true, Like it sounds ferment theory. But you know, game seven of the NHL, if it's two teams that I don't really know or care about, I'm not watching.
Speaker 2: So taking a specific scenario like that aside, what would be number two behind super Bowl for you if you can only watch one other sporting event all year long? Game seven of the World Series.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's the correct order.
Speaker 2: What if you're not guaranteed a game seven? Though, I would just say that, So like would World Series be second or no? I would? I think I would.
Speaker 3: More fascinated by the World Series in general than I would be NBA Final or NHL final.
Speaker 2: There's nothing else that's like niche, like the Masters or Daytona or something else specific that would be close.
Speaker 3: Probably Kentucky Derby just because really good one because it's two and a half minutes. You know, you don't even have to hair, you just have to tune in for two and a half minutes, just like how I've made all my kids.
Speaker 2: What about college football National Championship better or worse than the Derby?
Speaker 1: That's a good one.
Speaker 2: That's a good tournaments.
Speaker 1: I might not even take. I might take like the what do you call Auburn versus Alabama? Yeah, I might take that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're you're yeah, I wasn't even I was thinking just like the major sports.
Speaker 2: I'm talking answers the draft, right, yes, sir, mine's definitely World Series of Poker main events. And you can go to NICHE if you want.
Speaker 3: The college football Playoff when you man, that's some good.
Speaker 2: That's that is, any of it or just the championship and.
Speaker 3: When it gets to greasy, when it starts getting greasy with the semi final games and they start building into that, that's to me appointment TV, regardless of who's playing it.
Speaker 2: That's good stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this new college football game, Ben, it's so much fun.
Speaker 2: Fun? Yeah is it?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna start all over again and build another player, and this time he's gonna play for somebody bad like North Texas and take him to the national championship.
Speaker 4: It's super fun because you can like watch the game up from the sideline, like, I know that sounds weird, but like last year was just a lot of like simulation and it was like you.
Speaker 2: Guys got sick of it quickly though last year.
Speaker 1: It doesn't take long.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like the clock's already taken on this.
Speaker 1: One or that's over again?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Part of like the most is the high school. Yeah, getting recruited the high school. Yeah, sweet Alex already left Texas A and M to go in the pros. Yeah after one year he's top five draft pick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's fun, and the beauty of it is you can play in two different ways.
Speaker 2: You can like create a player.
Speaker 4: Or you can just take a team and then you can do all the recruiting and you can play with like this year's roster, so like all the big names are in it, all the like great quarterbacks are going to be in next year's draft, So I might go that route too. But creating a player is fun in the high school, but you can download, like all the high school are available in Minnesota. Somebody's put them all in there, and like their schedule. It's cool, man. Some people take a lot of time and and and down.
Speaker 2: The school schedules in the Yes, the.
Speaker 4: Download I downloaded because you know, I made my kiddo, and you know you'll be going to Wyzeta and then it's like Chaska all the schools that they would play or I don't know if it's like that schedule, but it's like the team realistic Minnesota team names.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So you didn't put Louis on Minnetonka. No, you didn't put Louis on a dina I did last year. Yeah, but now you are fully immersed, you are true. Why is it I'm moving forward? Yes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, interesting, that's a tree and he went to Notre Dame started by like the sixth game, and he's just a position quarterback obviously.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because then you could complain. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's hard man. Yeah, it's fun. This version is a little bit better.
Speaker 4: So like you, that's not that's just a clever way of saying something else.
Speaker 2: What kind of nil Dell deals does he have? He got one from Yeah, he's got a few. Yeah, from preparation Age. No, some pizza place, the.
Speaker 4: Places Jem called Seventh Avenue, Yeah, seventh Avenue. Matt and Patrick had paid him money to play at Notre Dame. That's so much faith they have in him. But yeah, he'll probably transfer at the end of the year more money and you go to Oregon and you can have all those sweet uniforms.
Speaker 2: That's the best part. It's fun.
Speaker 1: Man, I believe you got nil from Poon's Seafood.
Speaker 2: Your MIC's on? Come on? Is that all you can eat? Hawk? You need help? Why you just need designed the game? That's not a thing for reporting the news.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, what I got an inn il brother from where? An std from where?
Speaker 2: Where's the place?
Speaker 1: It's called p U and E Poon's Seafood. I thought that was an interesting name as well. I didn't design the game, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it is fun. But yeah, it'll be great. I'll probably play it today when my son takes a nap.
Speaker 2: Great story, yep, Well report pact police please, I know you don't care me.
Speaker 1: Let me know.
Speaker 2: You know my interests bore you to tears.
Speaker 1: But your existence or I'll tell you what, man. I love to watch you walk You love to watch him walk away?
Speaker 2: Your bull legged? Yeah it's crazy leg. You are unbelievable.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not, by the way, I'm not saying bull.
Speaker 2: It's bow. Oh I thought it was bull l L. Yeah, I thought it was bull legged. No bo u l l b o W. What the hell's that? Bull legged? Yeah? Did you really think that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Just see why actually, but I mean.
Speaker 2: Don't say it. So when they hit how old are you? Forty? Yeah, forty three? Yeah, for forty three years, I thought it was b U l L legged? No, bull legged? Yeah, I'm not smart. Interesting, No, I.
Speaker 1: Can understand why, because that's like people say, he's bowl I didn't like because you've been riding a horse, right, But that's that's that's not what it is. It's bow legging, a physical condition where a person's legs curve outward at the knees that looks like a bank.
Speaker 2: Don't have that problem? Oh yes you do. No, I don't you really do.
Speaker 1: You've never seen yourself walk, have you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You think that they're straight, Like.
Speaker 2: If I walk like this, Tommy straighter than you were legging?
Speaker 5: Wow, walking down the neighborhood, walk out, walking like Swedburg bull legged.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that you learned something every.
Speaker 1: Day and I thought you were saying bull and like I think he's saying I was. I like that better anyway.
Speaker 2: It's probably the title of the podcast.
Speaker 5: I already put it in, but I also thought it was bull legged, So that's weird.
Speaker 1: No, that doesn't surprise me. That doesn't surprise me at all. I bet that's a common missing us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but so too. Here's here's something that's me not so common.
Speaker 3: This brings up something that happened on Twinsday's Live last week, Our filling Filling co host Kelly Kelly Hanson Love Her She's Great.
Speaker 2: Elizabeth was out of town.
Speaker 3: Kelly fills in Kelly's talking about her dog, Penny during the Fourth of July, her friend, her dog, her canine okay, and talking about how all dogs basically hate the Fourth of July and she was trying to comfort her through all the fireworks. And then she proceeds to say the nickname that she has for Penny, her dog, and she calls her poon or Poony, and she says that live on air. And you know, Corey, you talk about sometimes I need like a separate camera.
Speaker 2: Power troop camera where you can just smile into the cameras so I don't have to say anything. We just all know what you're thinking. I didn't hide it. I laughed out loud, brilliant. She goes, oh, and I was like, oh my little poony.
Speaker 3: I go, what did you call your dog?
Speaker 2: And she's like, he didn't understand why you thought it was so weird And she didn't know that that possible.
Speaker 3: There must have been eight people behind the cameras, guests and camera operators. They all start laughing. She has no idea why we're laughing. We go to commercial break, Kelly, do you really call your dog.
Speaker 2: Poon shell poney? She's like, yeah, I said, do you know?
Speaker 3: And I had explained to her, She's like, no, that's not, that's not I'm like, she's like, if I would have known that obviously, what is like?
Speaker 2: I know that are all the ladies on Twin City's live like the most sheltered women that have ever lived, because like Elizabeth obviously had with their like religious background, because her dad's a pastor her or something, right, didn't she grow up a little bit sheltered as well? Like do these people? That's correct? I don't know if a deal in the in the gut or like the rest of us. They're just sweet people. They're nice, sweet people. They're sweet, nice sheltered people. They want they want to think that the world is a great place to live. The rest of us are giggling over your dog pony?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did you hear the other day when Julia Daniels asked me if I told me I could call her Juju?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I heard that. I'm not doing that. No, how great is she on this show? She's great. She's just saying so perfectly. She's awesome, She's great. I heard most of that. That was a podcast that during my little Vegas walk, and I thought she was fantastic. She's a really good show, really good. Yeah, she passed away. Ye, you're right, you're right as somebody that watches Twin City's Lave all the time. Kelly's fantastic. It doesn't surprise me that she didn't she had known the double meaning or know that we might giggle it.
Speaker 3: I'll show you, I'll show you the video she got home that night. She got home that night, filmed her husband his reaction. She said, did you know that this means this?
Speaker 2: Oh my? And he laughed. He goes, yeah, everybody knows. Everybody goes, why didn't you tell me? And then his reactions great, Okay, Now I'm just picturing her like on the porch yelling for the dog to come back.
Speaker 1: Correct, No, hey is anybody seen my poem?
Speaker 4: My god, my god, where's my little.
Speaker 2: Lost dog? Search every just posters on every telephone poll in the neighborhood, missing.
Speaker 5: Poon, more, a pink taco, stuffy man, god your favorite?
Speaker 2: Fuck? You need help? Where my little railaret? And then they get like little kids in the neighborhood yelling out that, yeah, what are you guys looking for? Just yet.
Speaker 1: My penny amster? Oh my god, you.
Speaker 2: I'm just imagining like a smart ass twelve year old. Anybody's ain't my look now, lady? Oh it's been there the whole time. Jeez, this show is stupid. Again. You work with too many nice people over there. Again. They don't have their mind in their gutter. They're not thinking dirty. They're professionals. They don't they don't gigg that they think that I am like a heathen right hang with you.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they think we've ruined you.
Speaker 3: The funny thing is the jokes that I'll make just in the office, they're not they're not power trip influenced. It's just what a guy sort of. It's like you're an adult dude thought process.
Speaker 2: It's not anything extra. I mean, there are sometimes where it's definitely extra. It's definitely because of you guys. But I get I get people thinking that this show is sophomore because we are We're say it's sophomore. Let's say it's sech More. Yes, but we're self aware. But I hope if I'm ninety and in some lady on TV says and then I was out walking my little dog poony, I hope at ninety I giggle like I'm fourteen. I want to think that's funny for the rest of my life. I don't want to grow up. I'm a Toys r Us kid. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, when that stops being funny, then the world's going to stop be Yeah, it's over. Yeah, I agree. I'm gonna laugh at Beavis and Buttet until I'm ninety because I think what they think it's funny is funny.
Speaker 6: You know what think you can pick up at Toys r Us my little poony.
Speaker 2: Jesus, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Why he's going to hate me for bringing up this story.
Speaker 2: Why's the weirder when Zach, that's very weird. Oh man, that made me uncomfortable, my little poony, Oh my God, tell you're the best. I don't know how you put up with gun.
Speaker 3: It's the best because she's so innocent about it.
Speaker 2: No idea, no idea. Wow, what breed is it? Oh my, I don't who knows? I know, but I'm not going to say, just say you should just leave her a little bit, all right? Headlines after this cowers Your Morning Joe. One final segment with.
Speaker 7: Labor on the Fan.
Speaker 2: Every weekday Grand Fan along with big Deck dot Com. I want to help you win.
Speaker 1: But I had whatever the chat thing we're supposed to use aid.
Speaker 2: Plot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had co pilot. I'll put in a make a picture of a power Trip a group of Power Trip listeners in Vegas, and this is what he came up with. This is what a bunch of guys look like.
Speaker 2: That looks like our demo it does. Yeah, there's a.
Speaker 6: Show it again the camera.
Speaker 1: This is what I think you guys look like. Yeah, that's that, right, isn't it?
Speaker 2: That's about it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, yep. There's five dudes. One of them is you can't his eyes aren't hardly open. They're eating pizza that looks like Tommy found it outside of somebody's room. There's a bottle of Yeggermeister. There there's a A guy's wearing a purple rain shirt, another guy's wearing Nacy DC's shirt. Another guy's got a Power Trip Morning Show shirt on which I appreciate. They're all hairy gentlemen. There's only two chips left. God only know somebody that started with and it said what happened in Vegas? Uh stayed up too late, eat questionable food, tip too well, and have no regrets. So there you go. Get yourself ready.
Speaker 2: Coming to Vegas took a lot of bats.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Been The early feedback I've heard is like, all right, Power Trips going to Vegas. That's what we do every year. The rest of the station very supportive. They love that we go. They do. They're just talking about domhow But I think the response that I've seen from the Rubes is how awesome is it that we we got Rosie, we got liber we got Martin, like the whole group, We got everybody. That's the difference, right, We got the whole crew this time. So thanks for jumping on board. We appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, I'm gonna be I'm really looking forward to it. It is a big deal, man, It's a huge deal. It's unfortunate that it's gonna have to be cut short a little bit because of the game in Mexico's team.
Speaker 1: Looks like we're gonna be okay with that, though, Ben, Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 3: Not surprised, I guess by I think what you heard and what I heard Yep, yep. Not surprised and actually kind of thankful that that's what it is.
Speaker 1: Agreed, Yes, so let's do it be here before you know.
Speaker 3: You know, I know, I know, gosh, we're gonna know so much.
Speaker 2: About this team before we even get to that point.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: I think we're gonna be good.
Speaker 1: I just believe it. I don't know why, but I feel it.
Speaker 2: Corey, did you say that Vegas has us at what FI I have wins?
Speaker 1: I would put seven hundred million.
Speaker 2: Eight and a half. Oh, I think we were talking about the Gophers the last time. We were saying, like, Gophers half and half, which is really low. What are we doing? We'll see I would still get over on the Vikings eight and a half. Agree, and it's going to be close, you think, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm over estimating. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The Gopher football thing too, is like they got a lot their first three games they do play Mississippi State, but like they play at Washington, they play Michigan, they play Iowa, who they always have tough time with. And their last five games are at Wisconsin, Penn State, U C.
Speaker 2: L A, Indiana, and then the Iowa bit. Those are tough games. Man.
Speaker 1: I just confused Chad gpt so badly.
Speaker 2: Now what did you put in?
Speaker 1: I asked her what Vegas is thinking about the Vikings this season? Of course meant Vegas, not the confused.
Speaker 2: Yeah, damn it. You ask would you ask Ai? Why would somebody walk boll legged? Yeah? A good one. You want him to ask it the right way or the wrong way or either.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter bull or bow bull? Like see, if you can confuse it, why.
Speaker 1: Would someone want Yeah, it changes if you're referring to bow legged.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what a dangerous thing.
Speaker 3: This whole AI thing is because I think I mentioned this before. When you talk to it and you and you hit the function for it to talk back to you, it is a It feels like a real person.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and now it's like, I don't they just release an update and when you're talking now it'll go uh huh, yeah, that's right. Like as you're talking to it. It's that's yeah, it's awesome though.
Speaker 3: Although it's kind of fun because that would just change the accent for their for their female voice, and it was kind of fun.
Speaker 2: Eight and a half.
Speaker 1: Minutes, I just I just typed in meets us Paul Ember wants to kiss me? Is that dangerous?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: And it says, if you're talking about meets us Paul Ember from The Patrick Morning Show, a kiss from meets us is not inherently.
Speaker 2: Dangerous, thank you. It's not inherently dangerous though, doesn't have to be because he'll fall in love with me.
Speaker 1: Says, you want to spooch more says. The bigger risks are you'll never hear the end of it on air, initials clues about it could become a recurring bit. Corey and the rest of the crew would have material for months.
Speaker 2: Well, remember it's true, that's all true.
Speaker 1: It does say it's a low medical risk. Though.
Speaker 2: We had an opportunity for you to kiss me in that video and you said no. I remembering because we all volunteered to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know why. That's weird anyway.
Speaker 2: Okay, by the way, Sek on Friday, when you guessed right, finger not great in the answer was ring finger. I believe it was Zach. Somebody said, uh, like when hawks said, like, what's the what's the right finger? Somebody said, well, the sauce, it's the thinky. Yeah, I caught that. I think it might have been Zach.
Speaker 1: By the way you said you listened to the show, did you hear the one of my favorite moments ever involving Ben lebra on the Parchrip Morning Show with Marcus Shirles.
Speaker 2: I did hear that. Yeah, it was so great. That was great, That was so cool. You know what's funny though, is obviously Marcus didn't think you were being me. You know what I like about that though, is like that really isn't anything to be embarrassed about it, and that you didn't see him embarrassed. But really what that is is that that is that is work right, that is separating. He still liked you as a person, you still liked him as a person. Know that I liked it. I think that was the funny part of the story. But in your but I can even hear when you were recant or like going through the story in your own mind, you were just like, I mean, I don't even really remember that, because you were just in pure work mode, right, that was just that wasn't oh I hate this kid. That was. No, we're working and you need to be one hundred percent focused because the rest of us are one hundred percent focused, and if you're doing something that we don't think you should be doing, to my job as a veteran to tell you, it's just I just love that aspect of I don't know all of us have something like that, right of course. So, and obviously he respects the hell out of you. He just thought that was oh, crab Ben lever hates me moment. Nope, that's just that.
Speaker 3: I was shocked by well both of it, honestly, because I am I don't walk around just railing on rookies and kind of trying to keep him in check, you know.
Speaker 2: So, I'm not really sure what went into me.
Speaker 3: Maybe making a comment to him just to run the right route or give us the right look, that's probably what it was. It's like, come on, dude, give us the right look and whatever. I don't know if I grabbed him by.
Speaker 2: The face master or not. I hope.
Speaker 3: So it's but the thing is, you know how that gets interpreted from a young guy, because I certainly have been there. You're just wide eyed and you're trying to do the right thing, and when a coach tells you in your ear to run the right you know, this route, you just do it. You just do what the coach is telling you. And then you are sort of intimidated by every every veteran. I mean, I remember when I was a rookie, I was intimidated by every veteran in the huddle. I mean, Rodney Harrison scared the Jesus out, you know, And so for me to do that to him, I didn't. I didn't interpret that as anything other than just that moment. And then he was like, I thought you hated me for like two or three years, right, I'm like, what, no, just doing my job. Yeah yeah, never even thought about that moment, you know, ten seconds after.
Speaker 2: That, right yeah? Right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And then where though, like things, there's so many moments in your life that just go by and you have no idea. But like seventeen years later, you hear from your son that, oh my god, you've scared the crap out of here, you know what I mean, Like little things that passed by, just like a train in the night. Yeah, we're huge moments in somebody else's life.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: You know somebody asks you for a picture and you literally have to peece so bad you're about to die, and for the rest of you, you know, somebody thinks you blew them off, you know what I mean. It's just little things, man. You always got to remember that.
Speaker 2: Yes, Like, I went to high school with this kid named Danny McGrath, and I apparently I bullied him way more than I thought that I did, and I just felt really really bad after years and years and years. So I called him one day and I'm like, hey, is this Danny McGrath And Danny McGrath I went to high school with and he was like, uh yeah. I'm like, hey, man, I just was really mean to you back in the day, and I feel really bad about it. And boy, am I glad I called that guy. Pull your hands up. He's not here, old Wednesday, you know what.
Speaker 1: He turned out to be a rock star.
Speaker 2: But yeah, never mind, that was just Billy Madison. That's right, Rosie's not here. No, oh, never mind, that didn't happen to me. That was Adam Sandler in a movie. Are you ready headlines.
Speaker 1: Oh hell yeah man, yeah now' oh golly, my forgot that. Sorry. Yes, he's all around, Thank you, all around. We love you. You did it right.
Speaker 2: The last American polio survivor and an iron lung, died over the weekend in an iron long She was seventy eight.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: Still in an iron lung? Yep? So she got polio and when she was I how about in I mean, what can you imagine? What does that work? You really just lay in that? Yeah, because it can pressed. It basically pushes the air in and out of your lungs for the rest of your life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did not find a better way to do it. I mean, I know, once you get in there, you couldn't get out.
Speaker 2: I guess, well, there's this thing called the polio vaccine that helps. But yeah, she she got polio when she was five.
Speaker 6: And for the vaccine two years.
Speaker 2: Well exactly, she.
Speaker 5: Wasn't in it like the entire time. In fact, she lived a lot of her life where like she only to be in there like an hour a day and then she had to sleep in it, but was still able to do other stuff. But though towards the end she was in there twenty four hours a day, and that was sad.
Speaker 2: Whoa man.
Speaker 4: That's like in The Big Lebowski when they find that kid's homework and they go to the house and his dad's in the iron lung and he looks.
Speaker 2: And rings is he still writing? And he's just laying in the machine. It's great, man, Yeah, it's so good not to bring the room down, but you could. There's a photo of her when she's I assume five or six, and she's in it in the iron lung and taking a photo and she's smiling, and all I can think of, I'm like, you're too young, I think, to truly understand what the rest of your life is going to be. So huge small on her face, like, hey, I'll smile for a photos, like, man, the rest of us are our hearts are breaking for you and you don't even know that. And again, this is seventy.
Speaker 1: I gually, this is interesting because I wonder why there wasn't an opportunity to give her a better option.
Speaker 5: She did and everything, and it didn't. I watch the whole news story over the oka and she also they were having issues towards the end too, with finding parts because it was starting to break down and there hasn't been a need for an iron lung and sure ever, and so they were having issues with finding parts to repair it. And yeah, I don't know if that was a contributor as to why she went, but that was they had to get the word out. That's why they did the new store in the first place, because they're like, we need help fixing this things that's starting to break down.
Speaker 2: So well, speaking of medical advances, a pair of humanoid robots successfully performed gallbladder removals and pigs for the first time. Wow. Researchers say that this could one day reshape surgery as we know it for humans, far beyond traditional operating room. So, two humanoid robots successfully performed gallbladder removal surgery.
Speaker 1: Hope those piggies are feeling better today, Yeah, because gallstones are bad?
Speaker 2: You know. Yeah, that sounds terrible sauce. Would you let a robot performer surgery on you? What kind of surgery fix your bow?
Speaker 1: Legs?
Speaker 2: I don't have that's never mind. I know if you're tarstar, Well, let me ask the question in reverse. Give me a surgery you would feel comfortable having a robot do it? Well? Like like minor surgery, such as I got little kids. No, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Hole, Like if I needed stitches, I would let a robot do that. Isn't that technically minor surgery? If I cut my hand and I had like a deep gash and I was like, I need.
Speaker 6: That was my dog's nickname. It's a callback.
Speaker 2: Compare page. Has anybody seen gash? None? Well, I had the collar on it. You guys need to help. Ah. So in Spain over the weekend there was a running of the bulls, right, a chaotic bull run? Is this headline says something called the sand Fairman Festival? Is this running to the bulls? Or is there something that's pamplona? Right? So maybe there's a different one, and.
Speaker 1: There may be more than one, maybe maybe in every city and that part of the world.
Speaker 2: Who knows. But a runner in this running of the bulls got gourd of course? Where where his bung teaser? Of course? Right, wouldn't be a finger though it would be that would be not the finger.
Speaker 1: You could not have this eyeball.
Speaker 2: How about the ear? I mean, I don't know who knows, I'm gonna give it to you. How about just it just says a runner was gored in the face, maybe the cheek, I don't know. It just says in the.
Speaker 1: Face, Oh many, he's not dead.
Speaker 2: I don't know. No coordinate to the headline. Didn't read the story.
Speaker 1: Hey, corknut throws something real quick. Of course checked this out last week when Johnny Bones was here. For some reason, we brought up and I don't remember why we brought up the walking long trails, you know, like a Continental Divide and all that jazz. I got this email. I've been a listener for Daily over fifteen years, even when I haven't lived in Minnesota. I wanted to share a coincidence I had. I have been hiking through Colorado Trail for the past few weeks, having done about three hundred miles or so so far. I check in with my family and friends and download podcasts and books, and the brief moments I have a signal on the Mountain Range or some small town I visit for a quick resupply of food. This makes the power trip one of my only touch points for news and current events. Sorry, dude, The Colorado Trail overlaps with the Continental Divide for many miles, so I can tell you how cool it was to have Johnny Bones randomly bring up something so niche and obscure while I'm literally walking on that trail. I have stood with both my feet on both sides of the divide at over twelve thousand feet that very morning. Wow, as he was listening to us, and Johnny Bones was talking to him about it.
Speaker 2: Oh crazy, that's sweet.
Speaker 1: I have to imagine. I'm one of the most remote podcasters on the show. Of the show. Currently, I am two days into one hundred mile stretch without a food resupply, my longest of the trail. Can't thank you guys enough for all the nonsense in the last over the years. My best Raymond, Hey, Raymond.
Speaker 2: Good luck made it through and it's really cool.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine dude, being by yourself for one hundred miles for two days, no food resupply, just just depending on yourself, you know, and then you choose this. Yeah, and you're listening to us, I won't tell you.
Speaker 2: You get news. Yeah, and we're you know, not your entertainment, no, no, your news. Yes. Well this was news to me, so that maybe this will be news to him. I did not know unless this was a surprise to anybody or everybody. I didn't know if Sasha Baron Cohen was making another Alig movie.
Speaker 1: I did not.
Speaker 2: I'm so pumped. So the if you're you know, the youth, and you're just like, oh, is that the Borat guy? In a lot of ways, I liked ali G more than I liked Borat. The Borat movie was unbelievable. The character Alig I thought was just a ten out of ten. Uh. The LG movie was not great, so hopefully he does it right this time. But the Alig show is so freaking it is funny. Some of some of his freaking interviews. Just we used to play this button all the time on this show. Oh hey, let me hit it. So what does you do when there ain't nothing that's happened in the news that day? I mean, yeah we did. Yeah, what does you do when there ain't nothing happened in the news that day? Man? Yeah, it was such a good bit, such a good character. He retired it way back in the day and then has briefly bought it, brought it back a couple of times. But I thought Alig was the best of the three, right because it was basically Alig. We're at in Bruno with the three. Yeah, those are the main three. Did he have other ones? I don't remember. Those are the main three though, And Ali g was all just skits, Is that right? Yeah? It was. It was like a series of skits into interviews, stuff on the street and just man, some of us sit down panel interviews, just ten out of ten didn't he didn't. He interview Kobe.
Speaker 4: And I think he's asking him like about the basketball and whyatt bounces.
Speaker 2: Maybe yeah. Yeah. He interviewed Trump back in the day and it was something for like ice cream gloves. He pitched him an idea to make money and he was trying to get Trump to invest and Trump last about forty five seconds and got tired of him walked off the interview. But he was like, so is he in or is you in? Yeah? Trump was like a bit best of luck, but no, I will not be investing in your ice cream gloves.
Speaker 1: Who was the famous politician that he tried to set up in the hotel?
Speaker 2: Well that was so that was Juliani. I mean, but that was right, I would argue, didn't try to set up to Yeah, no, kidding, absolutely caught him. Uh that was not good. I forget the details that what would he would he catch them in basically got him with an underage person or somebody acting underage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but but yeah the actress wasn't it wasn't and and uh yeah yeah whatever.
Speaker 2: But he led Juliani to think that he was going to meet.
Speaker 1: With But I don't think it's like that. I don't think it was that aggressive. I can't remember.
Speaker 2: Moving on.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow. Uh. The live action Mowana underperformed this weekend and the reviews aren't good. And there's a bunch of people saying, like, nobody asked for this. When is this going to stop? So there's a lot of people openly cheering for this failure, and it sounds like it mostly failed. Why do why do live action?
Speaker 3: Why not just especially with them movie like the sequel was like two years ago.
Speaker 2: It's just a lot of Molana, I think.
Speaker 3: And I'm not opposed to a Milana three, but just keep it animated. Yeah, I think the animation is what keeps us sort of kitchy and fun.
Speaker 2: First Milana movie is fantastic. It's great, it's really good. Yeah, don't need real life rock, No, we don't. No, Ben, I'm gonna let you go first. Happy birthday to spun Web the best, so ben I wanted to guess two numbers, his age and his height, because of course that's what he was most famous for. He was one of the shortest players in NBA history. He was famous for winning the dunk contest because this is a height that should not be able to dunkmen. But how old is he and how tall is he? Sixty three? And I would say that he's five six man? You almost he's.
Speaker 1: Five to five? Right?
Speaker 2: Is Anty five to three? No, that's muggsy Bogues. Oh is he seven five seven? You said sixty three and five foot sixties sixty three and five foot seven? He really is sixty three sixty three. Spud Web is sixty three today? Wow, five seven. If you want to go back and watch a five foot seven guy dunk, watch those old school dunk contest. It's crazy. Yea. His hops were unbelievable. Yeah, pretty cool. Is his real name, spud It was Anthony, wasn't it. Yeah that sounds right, feel like it was Anthony Tony Webb.
Speaker 4: It was Michael Anthony, Yeah, Michael Anthony Jerome spud Web.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of names. That's a lot of names. Yeah, I did not hear about this at all. Maybe you guys did. So I'm just gonna read this online and you guys can fill me in if you've heard more about this. A Ryanair passenger was sucked out of a shattered plane window up to his shoulders during a flight on Friday. By passengers held him down to prevent more of his body from being pulled out. The plane then landed safely. The man was conscious but a little shocked. My god, what what now?
Speaker 3: So I guess a piece of the engine broke off, like a metal piece pierced the window, and then the pressure obviously made the window hole bigger. And then who knows he must have been had his head like up against the window or that area, maybe sleeping or resting and liking it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and all right, let's send on a couple of rapid fire once because I wanted to get to these, because I think these are interesting. Now we talk once in a while, how there's like multiple kit Cat flavors, But like in Japan, there there's a bunch because it's super famous to just try throwing a dart at the kit Cat wheel and see see what happened. Yeah, how many different kit Cat flavors. Do you believe KitKat has produced worldwide?
Speaker 1: Worldwide?
Speaker 2: How many different flavors have they tried? Seventy eight fifty seven, two hundred four four plus a couple of zeros four hundred, including pear, soybean, blueberry, cheesecake, green tea, wasabi, and more. Four hundred.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, your ironic thing. I'm looking at the entire list. They have a poony flap.
Speaker 2: Okay sold hour, it's sold, ok, I try it. No, you wouldn't. This is insane. Give me the percentage of people that believe they could score a World Cup penalty kick.
Speaker 3: Believe they can, believe that they can.
Speaker 2: Think they couldn't help us. No, you couldn't with a goalie in the goal. Yeah, with a goalie in the goal over the world.
Speaker 1: No way. Yeah, I'd say seventy believe they can.
Speaker 5: Forty seven I'm gonna say eighty five twenty eight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's no chance a goal, a real.
Speaker 2: Goal, if you gave if you gave a standard adult ten shots. I would love to know what the average number of goals they would score is. I can't imagine it's seven. No, because you're gonna miss some, You're gonna miss some. You're gonna kick some too slowly, they're gonna block some. I just I think it's so much lower. Shoot right down the middle, right where they were standing. That seems to be the common one. Right, Just bomb it straight down and hope that they dive. Yeah, I'm gonna end on this. This isn't something you can guess. This is maybe something we've talked about. I just think I've eliminated for my brain. Ye's familiar with Amelia Earhart. Yeah, yeah, yeah, terrible pilot. Yeah. Oh, we can end the show on this, and we can think about this the rest of the day. Amelia Earhart was in an open marriage with her and her husband. Of course I'm listening, and it was.
Speaker 7: Her idea because she thought that marriage was quote foolish and faithfulness was quote medieval. I wonder if her husband sabotage that plane, it was her right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are you kidding? Wow? Marriage is foolish and faithfulness is medieval, according to Amelia Earhart. Rip this is a little aggressive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna go find her.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's too late, like one hundred and forty too late. Hold is she I wont to hold you? Ben you're in a