Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue. It's not fair are making plans again.
Speaker 5: It's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 6: Now your pregame host of the world champion LA Dodgers, Tama Cats.
Speaker 3: Hi, everybody, and we'll welcome in to Molrongo Casino Dodgers on deck on this Sunday afternoon, still the fourth of July weekend, as your Los Angeles Dodgers sit alone atop the NL West at fifty nine and thirty one overall. They've got a fourteen game lead in the division over the Arizona Diamondbacks, fifteen games up on the San Diego Padres, who have they have now won three straight against in this four game series. Tonight on Sunday Night Baseball, they go for the sweep. Im It shean on the mount. First pitch from Uniclo Field at Dodger Stadium is coming up at four to twenty. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here, Amarago.
Speaker 7: Casino, Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from.
Speaker 3: The Dodger manager Dave Roberts coming up in just a little bit. We're gonna dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vasse joins us. Throughout the hour. Of course, you're gonna hear from Freddie Freeman, who had a big night last night in the Dodgers victory. Charlie Steiner stops by. We got your Dodgers magical moment, you got your ow Tani Rewind coming up. We'll hear from Yoshinobu Yamamoto. Then just a few minutes we'll head out to the galpin Ford broadcast be with with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday. Well, last night, leave it to the All Stars. So to get it done for the Blue, Yoshinobu Yamamoto got to start. The right hander named of the All Star team in the National League right before the game, and then he went out and pitched seven scoreless innings, wiggled himself out of a jam in the first, but then scatter just three hits the rest of the way while striking out a season to high ten The Dodgers offense. Meanwhile, last night, led by more All Stars and the third Dalton rushing and lead off walk Alex Freeland a blue single. Two batters later, Andy Piez go to the All Star Game for the first time, got the Dodgers on the board.
Speaker 4: One two Paz ground ball patrated and left heel in the score with Russian Freeland held a third.
Speaker 8: Dodgers have run Horners one out.
Speaker 2: And one in one development well after three consecutive fast balls, handing in through a slider and not a good one, pie has jumped all over it.
Speaker 1: That he did.
Speaker 3: Andy Pies going to the All Star Game and deliver with the RBI singles give the Dodgers a one nothing lead fast forward to the bottom of the six Dodgers would add more. Kyle hart On in relief facing Freddy Friedman.
Speaker 5: Two ball, nolse strike pitch to Freddy Freeman, his wings hits a.
Speaker 1: Drive deep light center fail way back.
Speaker 5: It goes this postna home run for Freddy. Home run number fifteen for Freeman and it's two nothing Dodgers three hundred and eighty second to reer home run for Freddy. He continues to close in on that magic milestone.
Speaker 9: At four hundred.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the chance for Freddie Freeman his fifteenth home run of this season. He has reached base now in nineteen consecutive games. That is the top tier play of the game, brought to you by Arco Quality, top tier gash for less in the eighth, Dodgers looking for an insurance run. Mason miller On in relief, plunk Tommy Emmon in the foot. Two batters later Freddie Freeman and RBI single. He delivers again his second RBI. The night is forty ninth of the season. Yoshinobu Yamamoto went to seven innings, turned it over to the bullpen.
Speaker 7: Brox Stewart got the eighth.
Speaker 3: We got the first two outs before Alex Vesti came in got the final out of the inning. The ninth belonged to Will Klon. He struck out two of the three batters that he faced. Ballgame over. Dodgers get to enjoy the fireworks last night on the fourth of July thanks to a three nothing shutout win over the Padres. Freddie Freeman drove in a pair. Yamamoto with his ninth win of this season. Dodgers improved to a major league best fifty nine and thirty one on this season. Their lead in the division is fourteen games over the Arizona Diamondbacks, fifteen games over the padres who they.
Speaker 7: Look to finish off with the sweep.
Speaker 3: On Sunday Night Baseball, Emmett Sheen takes the mound first pitch at four twenty and with more we say hello and head out to the galloping four broadcast.
Speaker 7: But Steven Nelson and Rick Monday, guys, thanks so much.
Speaker 10: Tim great to be back here on this gorgeous sunny Sunday, July the fifth, after the United States celebrated two hundred and fifty years as a nation yesterday, the Dodgers celebrate another victory and a series win over the Padres Mo. They snapped a three game losing streak on the fourth of July with their tenth shutout win of the year, and the day we found out the Dodgers had five All Stars tied for the league high. It was the All Stars who carried the freight Yoshinobu Yamamoto seven sensational innings, Andy pie Has driving in the first run and then Freddy Frieban driving in the next two. It was just an all around performance for the Dodgers.
Speaker 11: Yamamoto has really been a wonderful study. I think if you're looking at the consistency, if you're looking at someone that understands his mechanics, it's flawless. And for him to go seven innings in last night's ballgame no runs on the three hits you're talking about, and then punch on ten on top of it, he just understands the other part two. I talked very very often about good pitchers that are also good observers, and by that I'm talking about they read swings of the hitters. They're trying to get out very very well. So if there's a weakness in the swing, go ahead and cape upon it, come back with that pitch again. He does that very well.
Speaker 10: He's, you know, the same way we talk about Freddy Freeman as a hitter. Obviously he's got much more longevity. He's now a ten time All Star to be his fifth selection as a Dodger. But Yoshinobu Yamamoto as a pitcher now as two time All Star, they're similar mode. They never take a pitch off like you see Young Modo in between innings. That work that he's doing in the dugout, you know, the stretching, throwing the ball against the wall, and then as he gathers himself before each and every pitch. This is clearly a master at work.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think it's a wonderful analogy because both of them, with Yamamoto as a pitcher and Freeman as a hitter, are not afraid to make the adjustments and by that it may not be a pitch that's working in the first two winnings, well he still goes ahead and works with the sea if he can get it back into gear. Freddy Freeman does exactly the same thing. If he does not have a good swing to begin with, you understands, hey, pitch are going to come back in. For example, if he gets jammed on a pitch she had, the guy may try and come inside it. Now he's just kind of waiting for it to come inside it. That's when you've see him pull the ball. So they they both make very good adjustments because they're paying attention as they go along. So it's one of those things too. If you look at the Dodgers, they've taken care of business in the Western Division. They played thirty games against teams in the West. They won twenty of those thirty games and against San Diego. Now they are seven and two this year, they've won five in a row and trying to do something that they've not done since two thousand and nine, that is to sweep a four game series against the Padres.
Speaker 10: Sweep this series and potentially sweep the leg between these two teams in this particular twenty twenty six season. For the regular season, it's the Dodgers and Padres for the fourth time here in La. We'll be back a little bit later, Tim with a key from Mom.
Speaker 3: All right, thanks a lot and Ellie, as we count you down to first pitch, Dodger fans, get that game to a meal at Shakey's Pizza Parlor. What are your Shakys Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from the man himself, Dave Roberts, David Veasse.
Speaker 7: We'll check in.
Speaker 3: He'll go one on one with Freddy Freeman, who had a big game no last night with the home run the RBI single. We'll break down this pitching matchup on Sunday night, Baseball. But up next your Otani rewind and we'll hear from the all star Yoshinobu ya'm a moto after his seven shutout in his last night as the Dodgers go for the sweep tonight. That's all coming up as we lead up to Dodgers and Padres. First pitch at four twenty. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kats and this is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Ondio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters.
Speaker 1: On your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Padres on Sunday Night Baseball, and she and JP sears the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up in four twenty.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani.
Speaker 3: Rewhy Well show, Hey son, you gotta breather last night. He had a little bit of tightness and his bicep after pitching the night before. But show hel Tani after a night of rest last night, back in the lineup as a designated hitter leading off with the Dodgers tonight in this series finale against the San Diego Padres. How about last night fireworks after the game, fireworks during the game, MIxS to Freddie Freeman and Andy Pajez. But what a night on the mound for Yoshinobu. Yamamoto announced he's going to the All Star Game for the National League in Philadelphia next week, and last night went out and pitched seven shutout innings to get the win and afterwards talk with the media.
Speaker 12: Yes, you've been named to your second All Star Game? Just first, congratulations, What does that just mean to you personally?
Speaker 13: Hestani?
Speaker 1: So no hero?
Speaker 14: Which is so cons It's been the saturna to be selected on that also team and I was there last year and then this year I feel uh like more like a meaningful and happiness this year.
Speaker 12: With your outing today, the seven innings, ten strikeouts. Just what do you think led to the success you had on the mount and navigating through their lineup.
Speaker 13: Shut out so called you got you.
Speaker 9: Got your home.
Speaker 14: All my stuff was good fastball, off speed, everything that's working out well pretty well, and.
Speaker 13: Then also my mechanics.
Speaker 15: I was pretty much satisfied.
Speaker 1: But what makes this all sorts of likely so meaningful?
Speaker 13: Dustan the almost thought you so you cain so you.
Speaker 15: You know, not a discount.
Speaker 13: M Sanka someone took over.
Speaker 8: Like I said, I was there, and then.
Speaker 14: I felt meeting time and then happiness and the honor last year, so I I tasted it last year and then going back there the slights me.
Speaker 7: Congratulations to Yoshinobu.
Speaker 3: Yamamo elected to his second All Star Game, and he is excited about going back to the Midsummer Classic, and rightfully so after a really impressive first half of the season, picking up where he left off after the postseason last year, being named.
Speaker 7: The World Series.
Speaker 3: M v P TODJS Baseball is brought to My Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of your old car. Donate today, your car can be picked up tomorrow. Donate now with Cars for Kids dot org. That's cars with a K still to come.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 3: On Dodgers on Deck, we'll preview this pitching matchup. David vat Say will go one on one with Freddie Freeman. But up next we'll get to the latest injury or report and we'll hear from the Dodger manager, Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers and the Padres. Sunday Night Baseball. First pitch at four twenty. I'm Tim Katz's, the back to back World Series champion, Dodgers audio nowhere.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All season law law.
Speaker 3: Brongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Sunday afternoon as we leads up to first pitch Dodgers and the Padres Morongo Casino Resort and Spa a Grand Slam four good times image. She and JP seares the pitching matchup first pitch set for four twenty.
Speaker 1: This is the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 3: Report presented by UCLA Health, the official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Tommy Edmund scratched from the initial lineup the Dave Roberts put out. We'll find out more, hopefully from Dave here in a minute when we hear from the Dodger manager. Show Hey Otani back in the lineup after sitting out last night to get a night off of rest after he pitched and hit the night before, and expect it had a little bit of tightness in his right bicep, but good enough for him to be back in the lineup tonight as a designated hitter and leading off for the Dodgers. Blake trying it on the il with the right elbow inflammation. Will Smith on the IL with the next inflammation, Keith ky Hernandez on the IL. Tyler Glass now on the IL. Blake Snell is throwing. That is good news, moron Edwin Diaz, who progressed today throwing to hit her out of Dodger statium. David Vesta has got more on that coming up, so you're not going to want to miss that. Landon Knack is in TRIPLEA, Oklahoma City working his way back. Ben Casparaus, Gavin Stone, Bruce dargratol All on the IL. All right, let's find out some more as we check in with the Dodger Skipper.
Speaker 9: Anything else, Dave?
Speaker 8: Do you think the questions for Dave?
Speaker 15: Dave?
Speaker 9: Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 1: The dugouts with Dave Roberts? Dave would have time.
Speaker 16: Tommy's thal ball the other night, tried to get treatment and work through it and felt that another day would be of benefit. So we're gonna get Freelan in there at second base and kick Mickey Road.
Speaker 15: At third base. Where did he forget it?
Speaker 16: I think it was just the right foot, right ankle, or no, it was hit by pitch.
Speaker 15: I'm sorry it was that hit by pitch, I.
Speaker 1: Think considering the history.
Speaker 15: Off no, I mean, I hope not.
Speaker 16: The training staff said that it's something that that Miller cutter slider, that's what it was, but not not too concerned.
Speaker 1: In a show.
Speaker 6: Do you think the five steps is kind of passed him?
Speaker 1: Or will you be continuing to monitor that?
Speaker 16: Continue to monitor, But from the training stuff, there's no kind of remnants, no, you know, anything from that sensation, that feeling he had before.
Speaker 15: So he feels back to normal what other courts.
Speaker 16: Reula has his life session really good, feels good, really excited to get on his rehab assignment, which hopefully starts soon and then you know, hopefully after the break. We won't we'll see him soon shortly after the break, but all good.
Speaker 15: Stuff planning for the next step going on. That's right. I didn't get a chance to see him. Yeah, this is from the pitching coaches.
Speaker 4: Heave a leasures dealing with a pretty serious personal traggy.
Speaker 17: He gets SI expecting him to play and I mean you talked to him at all to day.
Speaker 15: Let me see where he's ends.
Speaker 16: I haven't seen him today and I don't really know what to say about it outside of my heart goes out to him and his family, So he is in there, he's I think, you know, he's going to play today. But obviously it's a heavy hearts not even you know, justifying, So yeah, I don't want to really go too far because I'll get emotional, So I don't know. Yeah, I know it's tough, very tough.
Speaker 15: ID is about Obviously they do a lot.
Speaker 14: Of thening people with a count center, not really counselor powers.
Speaker 15: Do you think that maybe freed him.
Speaker 1: Up to kind of find himself without sort of faces of strutiny or at age of mines.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I think it certainly has.
Speaker 16: I think he's just getting more comfortable with his teammates, you know, the transition, the you know, different coasts, different market, different environment, all that stuff matters. So I think that, you know, even the stat line isn't what Kyle would expect from himself, you know, what we've known him to be. He still posts every day Today, I wanted him down to catch a breathere in the middle of thirteen in a row. But you know, he's gotten a lot better over the last few weeks, so I'm really happy with the way he's kind of plugging away, but I do think that having other people that are doing things, and ultimately we're winning a lot of baseball games, so it just allows him to fit in nicely.
Speaker 6: How close or far away from the counselor that you were saying.
Speaker 16: You know, I think it's getting close. I think that there's games, you know, that Sacramento game where you know, we face again four walks, a lot of close borderline pitches, just grinding out of bats, and then other days that he gets he kind of digresses a little bit. So just kind of catching that momentum for you know, a week to ten days. We haven't seen that yet, but there's signs that he's kind of getting back to you know, who he is, and there's more of those in the last month that there have been.
Speaker 17: The Dave Miguel has made the first All Star Game of his career, and he was pretty emotional and he found out How great does it to see.
Speaker 6: Him accomplish that and just how excited are you to see him over there?
Speaker 16: I'm very excited for Miguel. He's a great young man. He's having a great year and he's worked really hard. He's worked really hard on his offense, his defense, and he's having a great year.
Speaker 15: So they're having a great year as a team. So very happy for him.
Speaker 6: We haven't seen it yet as seven Billot's active.
Speaker 16: Today, No, not today's expectation, probably them all.
Speaker 18: David Bleski was not named an All Star and not that he.
Speaker 15: Needs a pep talk, But did you say anything to him? Is positively I did. I did you know? I talked to him.
Speaker 16: I talked to Tanner and just I think that they both, you know, have a good case. Things can change, certainly with the pitching, so hopefully, you know, it just goes out there and keeps the blinders on and we get a different you know, we get word at some point.
Speaker 3: All right, there's a manager, Dave Robert. It's a lot to get into as far as the injury concern and.
Speaker 7: When Diaz throwing.
Speaker 3: More on that with David vass A coming up and Tommy Edman, Yeah, getting hit by the pitch by Mason Miller last night, not in the lineup tonight for the Dodgers. When we continue here on Wrongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck, will check in with David vas get the very latest as we lead up to Dodgers and Padres Sunday Night Baseball. First pitch from Uniclo Field at Dodgers Stadiums at four twenty. I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Ahudi, you know where.
Speaker 8: As we were saying, this.
Speaker 6: Is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Padres Sunday Night Baseball as the Dodgers go for the sweep image shean on the mound. Dodgers Baseball brought to al Poto, born in La and made for your game day. L Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces, salces and hot sauces right to your plate every single time. El Pato Gourmet in a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim kaits On Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 18: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Bass.
Speaker 7: All right, DV.
Speaker 3: Dave Roberts touched on it really briefly. But it was a big day to day for Edwin Diaz, wasn't it?
Speaker 8: Yeah? It really was.
Speaker 18: When I saw Edwin Diaz a merge out of the Dodger Clubhouse in full uniform.
Speaker 8: Dodger whites.
Speaker 18: It was a sight for sore eyes to see the Dodgers closer in full uniform. We haven't seen that in a while. And he threw the hitters. Key k Hernandez Alex Friedlan were among them. And after he was done throwing, he gave us a recap of how he's feeling and when he may return.
Speaker 19: Good Gray finally back on the mount throwing.
Speaker 9: I feel really good.
Speaker 19: Now you're throwing, good pitcher.
Speaker 1: So it's like we.
Speaker 18: Step we keep hearing after the All Star break, But will it be the first game after after the All Star break? Do you have a sense of when when exactly you'll return?
Speaker 19: Not not really. You know us a bay start next week, so how much doing rehab assignment? So any any moment after the Aser break, I hope I can be back with the team. As now we are on schedule, so everything we go in the posiitic duration, so I can't see them shape massing that the fastball. You know, that's something I couldn't do early in the season because you know I wasn't Right now, I just gotta keep throwing, stright making pitches, you know, to try to throw my slarterer a little bit more for strike I didn't do I didn't do it today, but.
Speaker 9: I figure great.
Speaker 15: My football chay was good.
Speaker 9: They give me a good feedbacks.
Speaker 18: My understanding, Tim is Diaz's return is going to be towards the end of July, maybe the beginning of August, just going through the process of coming back from having those loose bodies removed and building back up. But he does look good, and as he said, he's reading those swings, and he got good feedback from his teammates that faced him today. He liked the fastball life he's still trying to get a feel for that slider.
Speaker 8: So that's great news.
Speaker 18: And Edwin Diaz is certainly a guy that will help boost this bullpen, just like Evan Phillips, who will be activated tomorrow before the game.
Speaker 3: David, I can't imagine the emotions going through Dodger catcher Eliezer Alfonso making his major league debut tonight.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I'm so glad we got to share his story yesterday, Tim, And he was hopeful yesterday when we spoke that his sister who's only sixteen years old, and his step mom would be found in Venezuela. They were victims of the earthquake, the emotions today making his first major league start. He'll be making his major league debut today, and getting the news earlier today that unfortunately his sister and his stepmom were found, but unfortunately.
Speaker 8: They were deceased.
Speaker 18: And I saw Lezier come out of the Dodger clubhouse earlier today. He was looking for one of the Dodger hitting coaches, J T.
Speaker 8: Walkins.
Speaker 18: So such a brave young man, and as he told us yesterday, well, his sister had a dream of him making it to the big leagues and unfortunately she will be watching from the heavens.
Speaker 8: So our prayers go out to Elizia.
Speaker 18: And he's so brave and at least that he has a guy in Miguel Rojas who is close to his family that can support him during this tough time, and that he'll.
Speaker 8: Be here for his major league debut.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 8: Our thoughts are with him.
Speaker 3: David is brought to by ford Ford to celebrate the fourth of July weekend with employee pricing for everyone hurrying out of your Southern California Ford Dealers American Value. For American values, go to buyford now dot Com again. Buy fordnow dot Com is you can enjoy employee pricing right now at your Ford Dealers. All right, David, looking at the lineup. Alex Call finally back in the lineup.
Speaker 7: Where's he been?
Speaker 18: Yeah, Alex Call hasn't played since last Saturday. And you know, a role player like Alex Call sometimes goes under the radar. But he's been really good against left handed pitching and has been really good defensively in the outfield. The reason why he has and played in a week, tim is because he told me he experienced some backspasms when the Dodgers arrived in Sacramento, so he wasn't available that entire series against the A's. But coming back to Dodgers Stadium on Thursday, he told me that the back was unlocking and that he was available. So he's in the starting lineup tonight. Obviously the back feeling much better. He's in right field for Kyle Tucker against the right or the lefty JP Sears.
Speaker 3: All right, Dave, We're a month away from the Major League Baseball tread trade deadline. What are you hearing as far as the Dodgers may be concerned about.
Speaker 18: Yeah, Brandon Gomes was our pregame guest when we were in San Diego. And basically it's going to have to be a bigger upgrade than on the margins for the Dodgers to be able to trade a lot of their good young outfielders.
Speaker 8: The Dodgers pitching is really.
Speaker 18: Good right now with Yamamoto, with Sho Hail Tommy, and when they get Blake snail Back and Tyler Glass, now they're gonna be that much better. So those that thought it was automatic the Dodgers would be in for Trek's scouoble, trust me, they're going to be hanging around.
Speaker 8: That proverbial backboard.
Speaker 18: They're not gonna let Terrek Scuoball get away for nothing if that's what the price is for school bl But I wouldn't see the Dodgers overpaying for schoolbl and prospect capital. But certainly they're gonna be in the conversations for school ball, And like Andrew Freeman said years ago, they always like to hang around the backboard because they're not gonna let school ball go from Detroit to another team for you know, pennies on the prospect dollars. So it's not like they're not going to engage. But I don't see them going over the top to land schoolble. Considering they have the World Series MVP as their ace and Snell on the way back at the end of July early August.
Speaker 3: We shall see what they do or don't do in the next couple of weeks. David, great stuff. We'll check back in with you in a little bit. Still they come here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We'll hear from Freddie Freeman, We'll hear from Charlie Steiner. But up next your Dodgers magical Moment. It's the Dodgers and the Padres Sunday Night Baseball from the Ravine.
Speaker 7: First Bitch is coming up at four twenty. I'm Tim Katson.
Speaker 3: This is the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunt.
Speaker 1: On your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Padres Sunday Night Baseball. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Disney and the all new action movie Mowanna. This summer, Mowanna and the legendary Maui along with pooa Hey Hey, they set sail on the adventure of a lifetime. See it on the Biggest Scream possible. Disney's live action Mowanna only in theaters this Friday.
Speaker 6: At Dog Who Wants the Hot It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment. It's Magical Present by Hawfey Hot to Haunts Well.
Speaker 3: With the All Star Game coming up, we paid tribute to the Midsummer Classic, the forty ninth mid season exhibition game between the National League and All American League in the nineteen seventy eight Major League Baseball All Star Game. This game played down at Jack Murphy Stadium in San Diego. The National League would win it seventy three thanks to Steve Garvey is.
Speaker 10: Developing a distressing habit for the Yankees of going a home run.
Speaker 1: Boy Garvey, He's.
Speaker 6: A deep, tall Carvey, have two.
Speaker 1: Here'll go for three. As it ricochets and Steve Garvey stands a third.
Speaker 8: With a triple just missed the home in a just.
Speaker 1: Peak of it in it almost happens.
Speaker 4: Remember we talked about Gorvey's palace to the opposite field.
Speaker 18: At this point in time, Goby is the key offensive.
Speaker 1: Player in the game.
Speaker 3: The Great Howard Cosell, Keith Jackson, Don Dresdale on the call on ABC TV, Steve Garvey your MVP. He tripled, He had a two run single as the National League beat the American League back in nineteen seventy eight five final of seven to three. This Hofey Magical moment brought to you by Haffey hot Dogs, Haffey Sokh House, local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Haffey hot Dogs, local and so great. When we continue here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck, we will check it in with Rick Monday and Charlie Steiner as we leach up to first pitch Sunday Night Baseballs. The Dodgers looked to pat their lead in the NL West even more. Fourteen games up on the Arizona Diamondbacks. Dodgers fifteen games up in the NL West on the San Diego Padres, looking.
Speaker 7: For more tonight. Emmitt Sheen on the mound, first pitch at fourteen twenty.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Katson. This at the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the Blue.
Speaker 1: All Season log.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Padres. Sunday Night Baseball from the Ravine Padres loss of seven in a row. Can they make it eight straight at the hands of the Dodgers, Image and GP series. The pitching matchup, first pitch coming up at four to twenty time down for the Verizon startup. As we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low prize for three years so you can save big visit You're so cal Verizon Store. Today, we welcome in Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 4: All right, Tim, as we get ready for game number ninety one on the fifth of July. On this day in nineteen forty seven, Larry Doby broke the color barrier in the American League with the then Cleveland Indians, and today is the thirty second birthday of one show.
Speaker 9: Hey o, Tom.
Speaker 4: Dodgers and Padres wrap it up. The Dodgers looking for a four game sweep at fifty nine and thirty one, twenty eight over five hundred, first in the West by fourteen over Arizona, by fifteen over the Padres. The Dodgers, in winning eight of their last ten as a team, are hitting two to ninety five with a run differential of one hundred and sixty six over the course of the season. After being the first team to win fifty games this year. Win today, they'll be the first team to win sixty. And there are the Padres forty three and forty five in third place, fifteen behind the Dodgers, five out of the wild Car race, and mode by the looks of it, they're going nowhere in a hurry.
Speaker 11: No, And it's been a tough go for San Diego to start to look at the the overall record. You know, they've only had one month that they've been above the five hundred mark, and that was in April where they win eighteen and seven and things were coming up Rosie at the time. But zero to four so far in the month of July. Not that often do you have four game series against teams. Well, the Dodgers have a chance to do something in the four game series they've not done since two thousand and nine, and that is to sweep the Padres in the four game series. They did it in April thirtieth through May third, two thousand and nine. But there's some water to go into the bridge today. But so far, the Dodgers have absolutely outplayed the Padres.
Speaker 9: For the most part. In these first three.
Speaker 4: Games, Dodgers on a pace to win one hundred and six games this season, and it would be the sixth one hundred wins season for the Dodgers under Dave Roberts. I mean's shean JP sears the pitchers last night three nothing the Dodgers with their tenth shutout of the year. The Padres were shut out for the ninth time. During this eight game losing streak. San Diego has been outscored seventy three to twenty seven and er of eight seventy eight. The bullpen's been even worse an eer of nine. Well, last night it was a It was an all star performance for the Dodgers, beginning with Yamamoto and Freddy Freeman. Pie has driving in runs. Let's begin with Yamamoto first. He had everything working after the first in he did.
Speaker 11: And you know, one of the things that we'll talk about a little bit later on too, is with Yamamoto. You know, he threw one hundred pitches over seven innings, but they were not really laborious one hundred pitches that he made, and the numbers we talked about Charlie, but coming into the ballgame when he has been ahead in the count this year, it's only a one forty one batting average against. He just absolutely gets down to business in a hurry, and he just moves the ball around absolutely perfectly. And with the ten strikeouts last night, he really.
Speaker 9: Set the tone.
Speaker 11: The other part too, is, you know, the bullpen covered two innings in last night's ballgame. So if we look at the Dodger bullpen the last three games, they have covered eleven innings, They've allowed one earned run, and they've walked only four in that period of time and struck out thirteen.
Speaker 9: Batters as they've gone along.
Speaker 4: And the picture has certainly been lights out. You know, Yamamoto in his last eight starts has given up nine earned runs in fifty four and two thirds innings. That's an ERAF just a buck and a half. And Freddy Freeman boy, he remained red hot. Two hits last night in a home run Pahz another All Star with an RBI single.
Speaker 11: Yeah, they've done it in very good shape. And in fact, you start to look at the bigger pictures. So far this season, the Dodgers in runs per game, nobody has averaged more runs than they have. It's over five runs. If you look at the batting average as a team, it's number one in Major League Baseball. Then they don't hurt themselves either either the starting pitching, where they're er combined third best in Major League Baseball, and out of the bullpen they're in the.
Speaker 9: Top ten in that category.
Speaker 11: So all in all, yeah, this is a pretty good team and as you mentioned, trying to be the first team with sixty victories this year.
Speaker 4: Dodgers lead the league with four hundred and eighty one runs scored and a batting average two to sixty pot leave the league in that category. The Padres dead last in the league with just three hundred and forty three runs scored and a batting average of two to twenty four. You know, for a couple of years there was question Dodgers and Padres, is this a real rivalry? Well, it was for a couple of years. Not so lately, of course, the Dodgers have had their way with the Padres.
Speaker 9: Since the start of the.
Speaker 4: Twenty twenty one season, the Dodgers have gone fifty six and thirty against the Pods, and you can go back to twenty eleven, the Padres have had only one winning season against the Dodgers.
Speaker 9: We're going to find out what happens that you mentioned. The Padres have had.
Speaker 11: One month of the winning record and for the Dodgers March, April, May, June, and so far in July, every month has been above five hundred.
Speaker 4: Best record in baseball twenty eight over five hundred. And then she and JP Sears, She and down it pretty good against the Padres are running two hits in five innings. Dodgers won that game. Sears his last start on Tuesday seven, herd runs four and two thirds innings. And his problems are consistent with this Podre pitching staff, which has been lost at sea.
Speaker 11: And the other part two was series which one, if not all of the six pitches that he throws are going to be effective tonight? Are there many? Says well, does he have too many different pitches to choose from? We'll find out, just not too distant the future.
Speaker 8: Well, we're ready to go.
Speaker 4: Dodgers looking to sweep the series and go sixty and thirty one, first team to win sixty games this year.
Speaker 9: Dodgers and Padres.
Speaker 15: Coming up ten.
Speaker 3: All right, Thank you, Charlie dodgers Baseball's person of by Uniclo Field at Dodger Stadium. Visit Uniclo Dot com slash us still to come here on Morogo Casino Dodgers on Deck. Before first pitch, we'll get you a preview this pitching match up. Steven and Rinck will have those keys to the game. But up next we're gonna go high and tight. With Freddie Freeman named an All Star starter again for the National League. They'll be representing the Dodgers in Philadelphia in nine days. And last night, after he was announced that he was elected as a starter, Homer Droven a run part of a three nothing Dodgers shutout win.
Speaker 1: We'll hear from.
Speaker 3: Freddie Freeman next as we lead jump to Sunday Night Baseball Dodgers and Padres.
Speaker 7: I'm Tim Katz's the back.
Speaker 3: To back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Padres square off, final game of this four game set, and Ma Machine on the mount. First pitch coming up at four twenty Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day at Shaky's dot com.
Speaker 6: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 7: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tucked.
Speaker 18: He keeps their heads ringing every year, and he's making the All Star team again the tenth time in his major league career. Freddie Freeman is going to be representing the National League fifth time with the Dodgers, sixth time, a starter, and rightfully so, a great ambassador for the game as well as being one of the great players this game has ever seen. Freddie, thank you for the time. Sorry for making you uncomfortable.
Speaker 17: You certainly did, but I appreciate those words. Yeah ten times, pretty special. Looking forward to it.
Speaker 18: All Right, So I don't know you don't listen to the show, so I'm gonna fill you in on what I'm calling you these days. Frisky Freddie, the fountain of youth. Those legs have founded Freddy.
Speaker 17: Unfortunately it didn't work yesterday. I got thrown out a home plate. But yeah, no, I feel good.
Speaker 9: I do.
Speaker 17: Trying to stop the age curve. We got a couple of guys on our team, Max making the all start at thirty five plus years old. So you know, all you can do is just try and stay healthy, keep your body in shape, and we're doing a good job of that right.
Speaker 15: Now, Freddie.
Speaker 18: I don't think people appreciate the fact how much pain and limitations you were playing through last year. Is this the best you've moved in a while because of the lower half being healthy?
Speaker 17: Yeah, definitely pre surgery, for sure. Last year was a grind. You know, I was taping my ankle all the way up until probably August. Just I was in a you know, really confined to not being able to move at first base. There's just a lot of limitations I had last year. I mean, I still feel like I put out some decent numbers last year. But this year it's, you know, I can stick to my routine and I don't have to worry about getting in the training room for hours and on end just to get on.
Speaker 9: The baseball field.
Speaker 17: It's definitely a freaking feeling, and you know, it's obviously showing I can stay on the field. Doc's not worrying about having to sit me and take my get off my feet, and just like now we're in the fan of thirteen games, in a row and I'm probably gonna play all thirteen, so I don't think that would have happened last year, and but yeah, probably Preciard you this is the best I felt.
Speaker 18: How long would you have to get into the training room? What time would you have to get to the stadium for a seven to ten game?
Speaker 17: Yeah, I probably have to get there at like twelve thirty and then it'd take probably two and a half hours for me to get on the field. And that was just last year when I first heard it. You guys know, I was probably in the training room for about five hours trying to get on the field in twenty twenty four playoffs. So now I could just kind of show up and just get myself ready for the games, which is nice. But yeah, a lot of work and a lot of thanks to the training staff, so much time and effort. I know, you guys just see me, but so much work goes behind the scenes of getting us onto the field. So Bernard Lee, Thomas Alvott, there's so many guys that helped me get on the field last year and kept me on the field, So big credit to them.
Speaker 18: Freddie, speaking of gratitude, from what I saw in the video I heard yesterday when Dave Roberts was going through the announcements of All Stars, you stopped it and said, hey, we got to thank the coaches because the coaches have helped us all get better.
Speaker 17: Yeah, and that's one of the special things obviously when you make it to the World Series, the coaching staff and the manager gets to be the ULCER game manager the next year, and coaching staff, so like it. Like I just said about our training staff there. I mean, you see right now as we're doing this interview, you have Edmund is about to do Live and Blakes now, and you see seven different coaches out there working and training staff watching, and there's just so many people behind the scenes that make this engine to run. You know, it really is a true team effort around here, and I just wanted to, you know, make sure we stopped and thank Doc and their staff because I know everyone comes to see the players, but there are so many people that help us get on the field and get it make us be better at this game, and just wanted to make sure we recognize them as well.
Speaker 18: Freddy, You're one of those players that really stand out to me, that really embraces and understands what it means to be an All Star. You want to be there, you want to be part of everything. Where does that come from? To really appreciate still at this stage of your career, ten years being an All start to love it and treat it the way you did your first year.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I mean I always say, maybe it's just kind of how we came up seventeen years ago. Coming up in the big leagues is a little different than coming up now.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 17: When you get voted in by either your peers, the fans, the league, whoever votes you in, it's truly an honor and you never know when it could be your first, it could be your last, it could be you just don't know if that's the last All Star Game that you'll ever go to. So I always try and you know, appreciate those moments. It's such hard work that goes into it to make an All Star Game, so I like to show up and be there. And it also for me, it creates memories with my family and those little things that are special because you know, unfortunately I am coming toward the end of my career. Hope it's a few more years down the road, but it's just those little moments and little memories that will have forever. And this game has given so much to me, so the least I can do is, you know, give it, give myself back to the game when it calls me to do so.
Speaker 18: Does Freddie Freeman allow himself to appreciate the moments more now than he did even five years ago?
Speaker 9: That's the thing.
Speaker 17: It's as you get older, and I've been blessed to play this game about seventeen years now in the big leagues, and as I've gotten older, you start appreciating because you know it's going to be coming to the end.
Speaker 8: It never will Freddy stop saying that.
Speaker 17: No, I mean you can counted on one hand now of the years that I that I'm going to play left. So yeah, it's I'm trying to force myself to stop and take a second and you know, take in the little things. It's you know, like we're here in July fifth and it's an absolutely gorgeous day and you see the green grass in these seats and it's special. So you just as you get older, you take it in and realize that all the hard work that you've done since you know, since I was four or five years old and playing and loving this game and to be recognized as one of.
Speaker 9: The games best. Yeah, I take it.
Speaker 17: In and trying for a second, you know, realize how hard it is to do this game and to accomplish and have success. And you know we're doing a great job so far trying to take in those little moments. I guess that's just comes with age.
Speaker 18: Freddie Freeman is our guest before I let you go. Obviously a lot of great videos of Charlie meeting the All Stars. You got the two little boys, you got your baby girl coming with you to Philadelphia. Is there any players that Charlie has latched onto that he wants to meet with? The National League All Stars? Have the little boys start to latch onto other players.
Speaker 17: So we're really into opening baseball cards now, so they have their all three boys have their own binders. Charlie has them by teams. He came yesterday and he started getting the Dodger teams. Obviously he loves Show Hey, so he's gonna get all his show Show Hay cards signed. But I think it's Jacob Mezerowski. He's really wanting to get his Jacob Mezerowski cards signed. So I'll try and make that wish come true in a week or so. But they're just you know, Charlie loves everything about it. He's already talking about getting all his cards signed, getting his hat signed. He's, oh, he has this King Griffy Junior card and he wants because last year King Griffy signed his hat, so he wants to get his card signed this year. So those are the kind of cool things that I love. And it helps him come out of his shell, you know, like as a nine year old to be forced to go up to say when an say Hi, Ken, can I please get your autographs? It's fun for me to see the joy in his face to have to go up and do that kind of stuff and him branch out and show his personality. So I'm gonna have a blaster in Home Run Derby because all three boys will be down there getting autographs, running around. So it's gonna be a good time.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow.
Speaker 18: Night's bibblehead night. What did they think about the giant babblehead you were gifted?
Speaker 17: Yeah, I took home the giant bubblehead, so I facetimed them when I first got the big bubblehead, and they didn't realize how big. It was on FaceTime and then after the game US today, Max's eyes were just so big and so shocked of how big that thing is. But no, it's pretty cool. So I'm trying to get a couple more. I know they're coming out to the fans, so maybe I'm gonna have to send some people into the lines to try and get me into a couple of big, big ones again, because one with three boys is it enough. But it's pretty cool. I've never seen a big one before. Credit to the Dodgers to doing something different. That's pretty cool. My kids loved it well.
Speaker 18: Tomorrow night is Bubblehead Night, the eighteen inning walk off home run for Freddie Freeman. Come out tickets are available on a great Monday night at Dodgers Stadium. Freddie, thanks a lot for the time. Congratulations on being named the starter.
Speaker 8: You deserve it.
Speaker 18: That just shows you how much the fans still love and appreciate everything you do, what you represent, and we can't wait to see you in the city of brotherly Love.
Speaker 9: I can't wait.
Speaker 17: Thank you David very much, Thank you fans for voting for me.
Speaker 8: There he is the man, Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 18: He'll be in Philly he won't be able to make it to Haviers in Pasadena or Newport Beach, but maybe after the All Star break you might see the Freemans. He'll get a gift card to Hovey Airs. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: All right, thanks a lot. D'v nice to know that Freddy's kids and I have something in common. Both click baseball cards, except he's getting showey Otani's autograph. Lucky kids as he leads after first pitch Dodgers and Padres on this Sunday coming up, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 7: Don't you go anywhere.
Speaker 3: Dodgers going for the sweep, looking to balloon their lead even more in the NL West. I'm Tim Kats and this is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Padres. First pitch from Unklo Fio. The Dodgers Stadium is coming up in four twenty and.
Speaker 6: Now before the Dodger year has hit the Dinnack, we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: Brought to you by Air Toyota Dealers. We make an easy JP sears on the Mount one and one with the six ninety seven ERA. Thirty year old leftander eleventh round picking the Mariners in twenty seventeen out of the Citadel Fastball Change Up Sweeper. Fifth season the Major Leagues been the Yankees, the Athletics, now his second season with the Padres. Started the year in Triple A fourteen starts, four and three with the seven to ninety two ERA, making just his third start in the big leagues this year, last time out four and two, thirty eight, seven runs, eight hits, three home runs, and a loss of the Cubs. Before that, he pitched into the sixth inning and gave up two runs on five hits, striking out five, and a win over the Braves.
Speaker 7: He's facing Emmett Shean four.
Speaker 3: And five with a five zero eight EER, hoping to build on his last outing, and that last outing was last week against the Padres five innings, one run, two hits, five strikeouts in a win at Peco Park, his first win since May fourteenth. The twenty six year old right hander in the month of June was one and four with the six ERA in those five starts and three career starts against the Padres one to oher with the four to fifth teen e RA and thirteen strikeouts em it shean JP Sears Dodgers Padres are fifteen minutes Await for first pitch keys of the game bar next. I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Padres on this Sunday image. She and JP seiars the pitching matchup, final game of this four game set. First pitch coming up at four twenty as we get you ready for the start of the game with the Sapporos starts, Great Mama Star Supporo beer, whatever your taste reference Soporo. How's you covered the variety of crisp and refreshing loggers including light and non alcoholic beer Soporo, Good with sushi, Great with baseball. Let's head back out to the booth one final time before first pitch. Stephen Nelson, Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 10: All right, TC back at it here with Rick Monday's We're getting ready for the series finale, the Dodgers have a chance to sweep the Padres out of LA and put sixteen games between them in the National League West standings. Obviously the Diamondbacks already between them in the National League West standings, and emmetit. Sheen's going to try and follow Yoshinobu yamamotos lead.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I think for Sheen, what's the consistency with the fans ball and does he get the breaking ball over also in following up, especially against weak swings. And for Sheen, he's got the ability. We've seen better results in recent outings that he's had. So he's facing a ball club has had difficulty scoring runs, that being the sandigop Andres, and the Dodgers have to figure out the left handed JP Sears is making just his third start. Sears throws six different pitches. The question is how many of the six can he consistently get over the plate.
Speaker 10: The Dodgers will have a big addition to the lineup.
Speaker 9: Show.
Speaker 10: Hey, ol Tani had Saturday night off and he is starting today on his thirty second birthday.
Speaker 9: Well, I don't.
Speaker 10: Know about you, but I'm expecting some more fireworks from Veelber seventeen it might as well do that, and for the Padres, they're trying to create some fireworks of their own.
Speaker 11: But they have an eight game losing streak in which they had been outscored during those eight games seventy three runs to just twenty seven.
Speaker 10: It's the worst eight game stretch in Padre's history. This is the longest losing streak for San Diego since they dropped ten in a row back in twenty thirteen. It has been a demoralizing stretch and it really has come at the hands of the Dodgers. It started last Saturday, the second game of the three games set down at Petco Park, and it has really just continued through this fourth of July weekend here at Uniclow Field at Dodgers Stadium. As you look at the rest of the lineup for the Dodgers, it's going to be an off day for Max Munsey named an All Star for the third time in his career, Kyle Tucker getting a day off, Dalton Rushing obviously getting it a day off, So that means we also get to see another special day mentioned Otani's thirty second birthday, but eliaser Alfonso Junior making his major league debut and Mo Folks by now are becoming familiar with his story. The one hand, the amazing emotions of realizing your dream playing Major League baseball. On the other hand, his mind and heart are understandably elsewhere's in Native Venezuelan and his family back home, and he has to try and play a baseball game through all of those thoughts and emotions. I can't imagine what today is going to be like.
Speaker 9: I don't. I have no idea.
Speaker 11: Life is sometimes a little bit of a challenge. Well it's more than just a little bit of a challenge for him, and.
Speaker 10: It puts it in perspective as we get ready for a game, Tim, this is just a game and we'll join you in a few moments for Emma Chian's first pitch, no doubt.
Speaker 3: First pitch all week come back Dodgers and Padres Sunday nine Mets, Paul enjoyed everybody Afterwards, David Vassi has got you cover with all the postgame festivities. First Pitches next, This has been Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. I'm Tim Katson's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers.
Speaker 7: Audio Network