Speaker 1: Now, Kevin yesterday had a family thing he was dealing with, so he had to show late to the show. And when he came late to the show yesterday, he witnessed something in our neighborhood where the radio studios are in Detroit, it's called Eastern Market. You noticed something that you normally don't get to because when we show up to work it's dark. Yeah, and there's not a lot of activity. But you were here, and what did you want?
Speaker 2: What you ask? So I pull up in front of the station.
Speaker 3: Luckily there was a parking spot available, but it wasn't enough room. You know those people who like if they back up, it could actually become two parking spots, but they park in the middle. So I rolled past a girl who was parked in the middle, and I put it in reverse, back it up dry and she got the hint and then she reversed and I say, okay, perfect, So I was able to actually park. When I get out of the car, walk behind my car, see the front of her car, see her inside.
Speaker 2: I throw my hand up to say thank you.
Speaker 3: She's pearling a blunt like she at the finishing stage is of rolling it up. Now, this isn't the end of the show, would do this isn't the end of the ship? She about to smoke that boy and go back into work. And I'm like, man, she about to be at work high as hill. Who else that work high?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Probably a lot.
Speaker 4: There were some people that used to work on this show that would come all the time.
Speaker 1: How about people that worked outside of the show, like the evening show that would This place would smell like a freakin' uh yeah.
Speaker 2: This is a good place to work at if you're.
Speaker 1: High though, Yeah, because you can kind of you can kind of play at all.
Speaker 3: I feel like this is an entertaining atmosphere. And where did she work?
Speaker 2: Did just want? Do you think she worked at the corn beef place?
Speaker 5: Hat?
Speaker 2: So she had like one of the hair neds on.
Speaker 4: She's working with knives smoked.
Speaker 1: I hope that she when she's packaging the corn beef, is packaging more meat than less. Me like, I want to make sure I get more to my pound. Yeah, well, I could you imagine how.
Speaker 6: For me?
Speaker 1: It's amazed that the people that will take their breaks, because you wouldn't take your break and then go and just get drunk, but they'll take their break and go get high.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean.
Speaker 3: I've had a job before where you take lunch, you go get a drink on lunch.
Speaker 2: Really, that's the American way o drink.
Speaker 4: That's different than oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not getting drunk. I'm not coming to get drunk.
Speaker 1: You can't come in and all of a sudden you're you're completely not passing any kind of a task.
Speaker 3: But I've been to work where not that I was clearly inebriated, but I wasn't like the most sober person.
Speaker 1: How about yesterday when we walked down the street to go all hang out. That apartment that we walked by, it had to be next door to us.
Speaker 2: It reaked a.
Speaker 1: Reading from the place that the people work. I didn't you think it was actually the global people? Really No, I think it was coming from that apartment window that was open.
Speaker 3: But it ain't all just smells though. It's some cool kids out here that you don't even know, and they doing it at work.
Speaker 1: Well, we talked to we talked about that yesterday. That's that's the new real everybody's doing it. Gail, what's up, Gail, we're talking about getting stoned down the job.
Speaker 6: Good morning, guys, that's your princess calling it, you know. So I'm in all kinds of different job site servicing, and almost all of my job site i'm smelling. We love Michigan, but can we like get a building company that doesn't have a bunch of hot EDGs because I don't necessarily trust that. I hope everybody's getting an infection done well.
Speaker 1: It is interesting to see how many more people are smoking these days, but it's wild to see when they're smoking. Like, I don't mind if you go home, Like if I go home after work and I want to have a drink, that's fine. I do think though, that sometimes on the job it's probably not the greatest idea, especially the job.
Speaker 6: Site where they're building like companies and houses and they're they're straight up smoking, and I'm like, okay, that smells lovely, but let's not do that.
Speaker 1: How many people are building a building and it's a little bit off center.
Speaker 2: I want to know.
Speaker 1: I bet you they're leaving you some great treats inside of that port of body.
Speaker 2: I love my job.
Speaker 6: That smell lovely, you know, I'm sure.
Speaker 2: You take care. Hey see what's going on? I see, Hey, how you doing good? We're talking about smoking? On the job. Do you do this?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I smoked from the time I get up to the time I go to bed.
Speaker 2: And what do you do? I own a I own a chip route, so I do delivery sales. I own my own truck and trailer. What's a chip route? What is that like my potato chips? Oh my god?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Back in the day, I used to sell you.
Speaker 5: Know we now I sell munchies for weeks.
Speaker 1: Do you ever go back into the truck when you're a little hungry?
Speaker 2: Well, that's what you got outdated for.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, And are we talking better made or what are we talking? Is it another main.
Speaker 5: Brand or have you ever heard of?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: It's US brand U TV? Is it good? I never heard?
Speaker 4: You got the t balls and container?
Speaker 2: Oh really? Cheese balls? Touch the rods those are on the waters. Yeah okay, like like when I.
Speaker 7: Whenever you buy that stuff, you help out like a small local business.
Speaker 2: At the same time to we all, you help out a small local stoner, that's what you help out.
Speaker 5: Hey it works.
Speaker 1: Hey how about this one, Sarah? Where do you work, Sarah? I work for And are you building cars?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 5: Yeah? So the plant that I work at, I build the rangers of the Broncos.
Speaker 2: Okay, and you guys don't smoke there, do you.
Speaker 6: Know?
Speaker 5: So we have a zero policy policy when it comes out, you know, smoking weed and everything. And we've actually had undercover cops and our sport security come to the parking lots and literally buff people, especially if you're smoking in.
Speaker 2: The parking lots and it's just you're done.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean at the minute that you come in. If our bosses can literally like smell you, you're automatically fired.
Speaker 1: So how are you getting.
Speaker 5: There's people that could get away with it, especially with like perfium and calon, you know, the typical stuff. But even that, like they can still detect it, even if it's like edibles and everything else like it. They've cracked on a lot within the last couple of years.
Speaker 2: I think that that's probably smart.
Speaker 1: With heavy machinery like that or the vehicles that people are driving, you know, you don't want a safety feature being uh.
Speaker 2: Miscalculated or Yeah.
Speaker 1: I always wonder when there are these mass recalls, is it because the employees are goofing?
Speaker 2: What's up? Lucy high?
Speaker 4: Can you hear me?
Speaker 2: I got you? What's going on? Okay?
Speaker 6: My mom owns a restaurant and one of our like, we had just hired this new girl.
Speaker 5: And she would come in high and one.
Speaker 7: Ship she was like cutting her finger. She cut her finger.
Speaker 5: We bandaged it up, and then she cut it again in the same spot within like two minutes.
Speaker 2: And she was because she was high, and she was yeah, she was.
Speaker 5: Like laughing about it.
Speaker 6: We're like, are you okay, Like you cut yourself at the same place, Like, how are you not seeing the knife?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, well she's seeing three knives.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: It's funny because I've never been that high where I couldn't know what I was doing.
Speaker 2: I have been that high where I.
Speaker 1: Didn't feel the floor, Like all of a sudden, I was walking and I was like, where's the floor at? I can't feel it? But just cut my finger. I think I would feel that. Erica, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 5: Mojoe? Hey guys, Hey, we do not make you do all that crazy stuff.
Speaker 7: And actually when you smoke like it makes you work better.
Speaker 5: So I'm getting hashed. I don't know what.
Speaker 2: Do you do for a living.
Speaker 7: Well, right now, I'm an uber driver, but I worked at a fish market for twenty.
Speaker 6: Something years and baby.
Speaker 7: On my break, I was getting high.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to say.
Speaker 2: You and some salmon hanging out together and then look like think about it, even when you're.
Speaker 6: At home and you're getting high, like you get.
Speaker 7: The clean wood and everything, like, we doesn't make you stupid, like it really makes you think better?
Speaker 3: Assimilation, man does?
Speaker 2: Does we make you drive better?
Speaker 3: I think so.
Speaker 7: I'm more focused when I.
Speaker 1: H I hope you're not smoking weed though in your uber left because I hate this smell of passenger be.
Speaker 6: Like, no, I don't drive under you know, and for it.
Speaker 4: But well I've had to get out of because they smelled so bad. Because it was so bad.
Speaker 2: It's brutal.
Speaker 1: It's in the seats, especially if you got cloth You got cloth seats in your car and you're smoking in there, it's in that seat.
Speaker 2: What's going on, Jennifer?
Speaker 7: Hey, I've not called you guys in so long that I don't even remember what we're supposed to say when we haven't talked to you in a long time. First time in a long time? Is that? What is that?
Speaker 2: Or is it because you're you're high? Right, let's go, Jennifer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think she's a little high. Half a high right, you can't. You can't swear like you just did. You cannot swear like you just did. I know.
Speaker 7: I am so sorry. So I have been a CNA for twenty years, and.
Speaker 2: What is that I have. She's she's like a nurse or something.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like I take care of like one hundred year old people, but I went from doing it in the facility to do it privately. So like I take care of like really older people.
Speaker 2: But and you do it when you do it high?
Speaker 7: Yeah, hell yeah, I mean, well, this is my thing is I don't really know when I'm not high because I smoke from the time that I get up to the time that I go to bed. Now, I don't like, you know, smoke inside the house at work or nothing's crazy like that. But you know, I work sometimes twenty four thirty six hours with these people, and you know, they'll go to sleep. I'll go outside and smoke and get ready for bed. And I'm lucky enough that I work at a job that are people even though they're almost one hundred, they're still trustworthy enough that they'll ring the bell in the middle of the night. They're not going to get up by themselves. I do have the honor of being able to sleep.
Speaker 2: Have you ever had it?
Speaker 1: Have you ever had it where you forgot to do something for them because you were so high?
Speaker 5: And be honest, oh, never be said that I was high.
Speaker 7: Never because I was high. People forget things, you know, Waitresses forget ranch sometimes and they go home thinking about, oh my god, I forgot a table number seven's ranch today. They might not have been high. But also, marijuana affects people in different dimensions. I guess you could say, like I've I've also been a medical marijuana caregiver for the last I don't know, I would say fifteen years, so you know, cultivating and things like that, and knowing how it affects you, and it affects different people, like if you have ADHD, it's going to affect you differently than it does me, if you have bipolar or your manic or different things like that. I think of it. I'm not just getting high. I'm choosing not to take pharmaceuticals also do it.
Speaker 1: Which I'm fine with. I will say this, there are some people that work and live their lives better because of marijuana, and then there are the majority of the others.
Speaker 2: I think there are some that are just high true, and.
Speaker 7: There's you can't smell. Let's talk about the pills that people are taking that the high end. The folks are doing like they're.
Speaker 1: Working, Jennifer, I get it, but if you're taking care of my grandma, I want you at least to.
Speaker 7: Not be like, you know, decent though I'm decent, though nobody could ever come in and tell me, you ever what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: Do you ever give them some of your stuff just because they've been having a hard time sleeping?
Speaker 6: Why?
Speaker 7: I I know, like not on a general concisis and these people don't smoke. But years ago, ten years back, when medical marijuana was really like big in the game, I actually had a job at a position I was ten ninety ninety. I would take different clients that they had their medical marijuana. Because I am a caregiver through the State of Michigan, I can onways get rid of my overages. So what I would do was go to these different people's houses and sometimes I would have to roll it up for them. You know, but these were people who had their medical cards. These were people who were seeking overages so that they had medicinal you know, their their needs. Taking care of for the month.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So it's kind of funny that you've said that, because I have actually had specific jobs where I went and got high with them.
Speaker 1: Would would you get in trouble by the state or the Feds or something like that if they knew that you are are a caregiver and you are high.
Speaker 2: On the John.
Speaker 7: No, I don't. There's nothing that could ever would like saying I have a prescription. I am under a Section eight medical law.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so you but so so if your medical marajuana, you're okay doing it, But that medical marijuana driver can't just drive.
Speaker 7: You can smoke and drive. That does not mean that you can smoke and drive. Yeah, okay, all right to drive within eight hours of smoking.
Speaker 1: It's still a du Why by the way, I thought, I thought when you're still talking, I thought that when you smoke, it mellows you out and doesn't make you talk so much you are unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Depends on what I talk.
Speaker 7: A lot, because this is like me sober, you get me real real high. See I just woke up, so you get me real real high. I'm like quiet down a little bit, but I'm just a talker anyway.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're rolling doobies, you smoking backwards, you're doing bongs?
Speaker 2: What you do?
Speaker 7: I'll rolling with my eyes closed right now.
Speaker 2: It's funny because I don't know any of the things you're talking about.
Speaker 4: Used to phrase at the very beginning of this Yeah, I was like, what is he?
Speaker 2: No idea? It sounded so cool? Can you do?
Speaker 1: You run across the street and ask the girl in that car to let us have some Yeah.
Speaker 2: You ever smoke a corn beef sandwich?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 7: I don't even eat corn beef.
Speaker 1: We're going to be eating corn beef this weekend, Irish off I own Yeah.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh, I.
Speaker 2: Won't hear it? Come yeah, bring the green smoke green.
Speaker 1: Hey, that's gonna that's going to be our chant we're gonna have on stage. And now you just now made it. We're going to make that the chant on stage at Irish of All right, we'll talk to you later, Jennifer.
Speaker 2: Have a great day. Bye.