Speaker 1: The following takes place between six pm and seven pm.
Speaker 2: You want answers.
Speaker 3: I think I'm entitled.
Speaker 4: You one answers the truth.
Speaker 5: You can't handle the truth, truth, the truth. All right, here we go, six ten, seven hundred WLW Welcome in. It's rn L Carrier Sports Talk presented by Kelsey Chevrolet. I'm Lance McAllister. The weekend is here. I'm here, you're here. Let's do this. We've got ground to cover, half the time to do it tonight, so let's get to the headlines. Bengals and Steelers on Sunday. Bengals will be without Trey Hendrickson and Shamar Stewart and samajp Ryan, all officially out for Sunday. College football number twenty five you see host Arizona for a noonkick tomorrow. Nippert in here on seven hundred WLW. Tonight under the Lights, Louisville hosting Clemson in acc play. The High School Football Tonight Show is underway and setting up a big night of football around Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana. Catch it on Fox Sports thirteen sixty. Then at six forty five, it is Saint X and Mohler at Welcome Stadium. The high school football Tonight, guys wrap up the night of action after the game. College basketball Tonight, Xavier plays here, Musketeers at Iowa Joe and Byron setting up at seven thirty here on seven hundred wil you number nine Kentucky hosting Eastern Illinois seven o'clock ESPN fifteen thirty you see announcing today this signing of six to five guard Cayden Allen. The four star is the number forty seven ranked nationally recruited by twenty four to seven sports dot com. He chose the Bearcats over cal Georgia Tech and ole Miss.
Speaker 2: Hockey.
Speaker 5: Cyclones are on home ice tonight's skating versus the Walleye at seven thirty five. The Miami RedHawks are in Kalamazoo to face the defending national champs and eighth ranked Western Michigan.
Speaker 2: They'll drop the puck at seven.
Speaker 5: Baseball red top catching prospect nineteen year old Alfredo Duno blasted three home runs and drove in six last night in the Arizona Fall League semifinals. The Homers traveled three hundred and eighty one feet, four fifty three and four fifty six. Holy cow. Congrats to Miami Field Hockey winners today in the NCAA Tournament, beating number four Virginia in Charlottesville to advance to the Elite eight for the first time in school history. Miami Field Hockey's won eight straight MAC tournament titles seventeen straight conference titles. They will now play Sunday in the National Semis against Northwestern. Those are some of your headlines. Reminder if you ever missed the show, if you miss an interview, if you miss the roundtable show last night, Bengals lined other episodes of sports Talking individual interviews. Listen on your time through the gift of the podcast and It's free seven hundred WLW dot com and the iHeartRadio app. Podcast presented by Modern Office Methods, your trusted RICO dealer. They help businesses bring printing in house with high speed, high volume production equipment Modern Office Methods. When every minute counts, you can count on, mom. Here's what we're counting on tonight. How's that for a segue? Six twenty Jay Morrison talks Bengals Steelers from Bengals Talk dot Com. Six thirty five. Brooks Downing He's the man behind the promoter of the organizer of UC and Louisville one week from tonight at Heritage Bank Center. We will hear about it coming up at six thirty five, six fifty. Scott Springer checks in with news and information you need on you see football and basketball, and he's gonna be checking in from a high school football game. He does it all. I'll have to get a preview on that game from him as well. And at seven oh six tonight, Josh Hammer. Josh Hammer is the coach of the UC Claremont College volleyball team. On Sunday, they won the Division two national championship. That's their second national championship since twenty twenty one, a volleyball dynasty in Batavia. We'll talk about it at seven ohco tonight, all of that leading into Joe and Byron at seven thirty in Xavier basketball.
Speaker 2: I think we're set. Let's get rolling.
Speaker 5: It's RNL Carrier Sports Talk presented by Kelsey Chevallet seven hundred WLW from.
Speaker 6: The UC Health Traffic Center. You'll find more options and clinical trials for pancreatic cancer care at the UC Cancer Center. Get a second opinion Fast call five one three five eighty five. UCCC still got that accident on eastbound two seventy five. It's after Princeton Pike. Three right lanes all blocked off and also a fifteen minute delay from Springfield Pike on Westwood Northern Boulevard. Another accident at McHenry Avenue northbound seventy one seventy five, seeing some slow traffic between Donaldson and twelve a five to ten minute delay, and eastbound seventy four slow traffic from North Bend to Montana Avenue. I'm at Ezelik on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: Overnight to night, mostly clear skies, the low of only fifty three degrees. Cloudy, turning sunny on Saturday with a high of seventy degrees. There is a chance of sun rain Saturday night, but sunshine returns on Sunday with a high in the mid fifties. More of the same on Monday. That's the forecast on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: Is it true Tom Brennanman arranges the food on his dinner plate in alphabetical order.
Speaker 2: That is not true, he said true.
Speaker 3: Government scientists have studied Tom Brenneman's brain to better mankind. That's not true, but sounds like a pretty good idea. He said, true, Tom Brenneman is the best way to start your day. You bet it's true. I've got the latest news, weather, traffic, sports, investment news and always a good time. It's my morning gift to you, Tom Brenneman, Monday morning at five am on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: Hey, all your favorite NBA players are back in DraftKings sports book and official sports betting part or the NBA is the place to bet on NBA stars this season, with more markets open for more of the game. DraftKings, the number one sportsbook for live betting, is Live when others aren't nice Slate Tonight by the Way, including the seventy six ers and those red hot Pistons, Wimby and the Spurs versus Stephan the Warriors Man. New customers bet just five bucks and get three months of NBA League Pass plus score three hundred dollars if your bet wins paid in bonus bets. Download the DraftKings sports book app and use code seven hundred WLW Thatt's code seven hundred WLW. Bet five bucks and get three months of league pass plus get three hundred dollars in bonus bets if your bet wins in partnership with DraftKings. The Crown is Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler twenty one plus Ohio only. Eligibility and restrictions apply. Bet must win to receive bonus bets which expire in seven days. Minimum mods required, NBA League Pass Auditory News until cancered canceled. Additional dknng ter additional terms at dkanng dot Co slash Audio limited time offer.
Speaker 3: This report is sponsored by Duncan Supply and American Standard Air.
Speaker 5: Looking for comfort built to a higher standard American Standard heating and air conditioning. All right, let's talk Bengals Steelers and do it with a guy I was thinking about when I was in Knoxville over the weekend. He's a connoisseur of Arby's and when I saw in Arby's with an old school sign, I had to take a picture for him. He covers the Bengals for Bengals Talk dot Com. The Growler podcast he does with Paul Danner Junior is a must listen, especially the walkout after each game. We must be talking about one man. That would be Jay Morrison.
Speaker 2: How are you.
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 8: Laughs.
Speaker 4: There's not a lot of those Arby signs around anymore.
Speaker 5: That's right, absolutely, all right. To take me back through the week. How surprising was Joe Burrow's return to practice some fifty seven days after tow surgery.
Speaker 4: Stunning? I mean, it's a timeline alone, it was surprising based on what the initial reports were. But then you think, okay, if it's the piece of starting to get close, where it's gonna leak out, and Jamar Chase had no idea, Ted Carriss had no Ted Higgins, te Higgins had no idea. They were all as fun as the rest of us were. So it was it was really surprising. And it's pretty remarkable. Maybe not because it's Joe Burrow and we know he heals fast and he's gonna work his butt off to get ready, but still, when they were talking mid December and here we are in mid November, it's pretty impressive.
Speaker 5: Jay Thanksgiving Night, obviously, it would be quite a stage for the return of Joe Burrow against the Ravens. As the week is unfolded and you've thought about it and you've watched, does it does that feel realistic.
Speaker 4: In his mind? It does?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know that that's where the organization's gonna go because I did. I ask him that in the press conference, and he said it would be very meaningful to come back. No one is history in Baltimore. The fact he's said in the past how much he would love to play one of those national TV games on Christmas or Thanksgiving, But it just feel timeline wise that more likely is going to be Buffalo. Now we'll see, you know, Joe Flacco's playing through a lot, and if something happens to him where he's maybe diffy in that game, then that maybe that could change. But if I were, if I were laying a bet right now, I would say he makes the return in Buffalo.
Speaker 5: No Tray or Shamar this weekend. Does that make for a big opportunity on Sunday for somebody like said Johnson.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, He's he's really been impressive. And you know he he had five pressures in the final three games last year and he did that on twenty six snaps. Joseph o Sis had a couple stretches of three games this year with five pressures and it's coming one hundred and eight, one hundred and twenty snaps. It's the thing as good as said has been The thing that people may forget is he had one padded practice since last year's season finale before he stepped on the field to play against the Bears, So he still doesn't have his his sea legs, so to speak. And Darren Simmons using him a lot. He played twenty eight snaps on special teams, so I think that's going to kind of cut into how much he's he plays on defense too. But I'm really interested to see if he keeps getting pressure on quarterbacks like this gonna is he going to start taking some reps away from guys like Miles Murphy and Joseph a Side.
Speaker 5: You wrote an excellent story on Andre Josibaja must read about and he's gone through clearly some challenging stretches this year. Jay, How's he handled it and what's what's he's learned from it all?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I mean he's he's learned not put other people's opinions and have those effects of value he puts on himself. And he said he got just unbelievable online hate after the Green Bay game when he had three drops and then he had that really bad drop against the Jets, where if he comes down with that their infield goal position. They probably win that game, and it was really trying. You know, people were saying he should be benched. He got booed when he ran out when they announced the offensive starters for the ship game. It's been really hard on him, and it's tough to see because he's just such a bubbly personality and so happy to go lucky, and he works his butt off. He does everything right, and it was just puzzling to him. Why is this happening when I work.
Speaker 8: So hard and then when the moments come, I.
Speaker 4: Can't make it happen. And then he has that great game against New England and not New England against the Bears, and really that touchdown with fifty four seconds left should have been a really special moment at game winner and then the defense blew it. But it's still even though he didn't win the game, he got his confidence back on that touchdown pass and then that game as a whole, with how well he.
Speaker 2: Played first time around for Bengals.
Speaker 5: Steelers, Tea and Jamar combined thirty three targets twenty two catch He's got to figure Steelers trying to do something different this time. It would seem to lead to a third option like Andre being a big piece of the puzzle for Sunday.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Absolutely, if they're gonna double both those guys, it is it's no effenc it's Tanner Hudson or it's Andre Yoshibas and and I don't know what we'll see that. It might be the Steelers have a lot of experience in that secondary and maybe they they only go double team on both those guys on third downs, but they are they've got to do something. I mean, Jamar Chase just lit them up, and you know Joe Flack is going to keep leaning into that. So I'm interested to see how the Steelers are going to approach this.
Speaker 8: But I still think no matter what they do, Jamar is going to get his targets.
Speaker 5: Eight games still left, but nobody know. None of the players seem to be shying away from the importance of Sunday in terms of the playoff picture. The the M word was used and kind of accepted this week.
Speaker 2: It seems.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was surprising a lot of times they shy away from that. They say it's not a must win until you're actually eliminated from playoff contention with the loss and Jamar leaned into a tea, leaned to and do it. Ted Carris leaned into it. They they they know what it is, and it's really kind of stunning to think about that. If they win this game, they're a game out of first place, and if they lose, conversely, I mean three games out seven to go, it would pretty much be over, not just what they'd be one game out of first if they win, they'd be three to zero in the division.
Speaker 8: This is setting up to be a really.
Speaker 4: Really important game and it's tough place to play, but the Bengals have done pretty well in Pittsburgh since Zach and Joe Burrow arrived.
Speaker 5: Jay Aside from Joe Flacco's playing career, I've said my extent of working knowledge of him was just clips and sound bites. Over the years, as the weeks have gone on and he's talked more and you've been around him more, what are your impressions of the Joe Flacco beyond just the quarterback playing on the field.
Speaker 4: Oh, thoroughly impressed, and just his manner, the way he handles himself, the way I kind of wrote in that Yoshi Vah's story where he saw Yoshi getting all those hard questions, and when he interview broke up, he walked over and said, hey, how are you doing and checked on him because he knew that was a tough interview.
Speaker 8: And then just when he sits up with there at the podium.
Speaker 4: You know, sometimes Joe Burrow's great on the podium, but you see his eyes looking at the clock.
Speaker 8: From time to time, and Joe Placo.
Speaker 4: Never does that. He gives us all the time in the world. It seems like he's kind of enjoying this process too. Gives really thoughtful answers, and he's been a joy to work with.
Speaker 5: He's Jay Morrison Radium at Bengals Talk dot com, follow him on x at buy Jay Morrison, and certainly listen to the Growler podcast he does with Paul Dayer Junior. Hey, I know it's a Friday night, busy weekend. Thank you for making time tonight.
Speaker 4: Hey anytime, Lamb.
Speaker 5: Good talking to you, Right, good talking to you, Jay Morrison checking in little Bengals and Steelers tonight. All right, more ahead, how about a little Bearcats and Cardinals one week from tonight they will toss it up and go at Heritage Bank Center. We'll talk with Brooks Downing the man behind putting those two teams together for the matchup. A little bit later on some U see football and basketball and so much more to squeeze in between. Now and Joe and Byron at seven thirty tonight for these Xavier Musketeers at Iowa, let's check news right on the news, look at me time Management are now Carrier Sports Talk presented by Kelsey Chevrolet seven hundred WW and Louisville. They've met on the basketball court the hardwood one hundred times. Well, buckle up for number one oh one. One week from tonight they square off of the Hoops Classic and Heritage Banks Center six thirty tip BDG Sports. Put it all together, that's what they do premier matchups. Let's find out more and welcome at our guy from bd BDG Sports. That would be Brooks, Downing Brooks. How are we doing doing?
Speaker 4: Great, Lance, how are you doing?
Speaker 5: I'm fantastic, man, oh man. I mean these teams they've matched up and squared off over the years in the Missouri Valley and the Metro and Conference USA and the Big East and the American Man, what how exciting it must have been to get these two back together this.
Speaker 9: Time, like like Why were we've been having to do this, right? I mean, that's way one hundred times. Why would they stop? So this was really a no brainer and a tip of the hats of the coaches. West has been up for anything, and that's awesome if he rebuilds that Gretcat program. And then Pat Kelsey, you know, heck, this is a coming home party for him. So this was about the easiest thing we had to convince him of.
Speaker 4: Ever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, that's a great point because in this day and age, you got it. You can have the idea, but you got to have coaches who are interested in willing. And I've heard Pat talk to me. Pat grew up going to then Riverfront Coliseum. He knows that place like the back of his hand.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, I mean, you're right. It's so hard to schedule these days, and there's so many different factors and the conferences and the transitions and and then the net rankings, and you're looking at all this data and trying to figure out but at some point you go, hey, it's Louisville and Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: You're an hour apart.
Speaker 9: You don't have to charter a plane. You know, this is easy to do. Making a two year deal and next thing, you know, it all falls into place. But it is a hassle our group. We schedule probably someone in the neighborhood of seventy five to one hundred and twenty five games a year, all in November December, and this was one of the easier ones we had were able to get done this past year. Myself, Glynn Fister, some of our friends there in Cincinnati, all pitching in and jumping in because it's a natural rivalry that needs to stay relevant and needs to stay current. And I'm so excited about next Friday Night because not only are they probably both going to be ranked now both undefeated, Louisville's going to be top ten, and then you've got just that Friday night excitement that goes into the weekend right before the holiday. This thing's going to pack out. I can't wait to see here at his Bank Center.
Speaker 5: Well, and here's what I really love. You know, there's a lot going on this time of year, holidays are coming up, but you can't beat an attention grabbing matchup in November that's gonna feel like a March matchup.
Speaker 9: That's exactly right, because a lot of times it's one thing to go out, and I applaud Cincinnati for keeping the Dayton Series going that we got those two teams together a couple of years ago right there at HBC, if you remember, and they kept it going. Obviously they played just the other day. But it's to have an environment that's a neutral site that's going to have a pretty split crowd because Louisville's you know, their fan base is rejuvenated now with Pat Kelsey, they're coming up. Cincinnati is going to show up because you also have two marquee players in this deal that everybody wants to watch. This mckel brown junior that went for twenty nine against Kentucky the other night in that big win, and then obviously Sean Baiev for Cincinnati, the other five star. I mean, these are two pros that you're going to be entertained by two top ranked teams, coaches that you know, like, what's not to like about this?
Speaker 2: And Brooks. This is a two year series, correct.
Speaker 9: It goes back to Louisville next year. The plan is to play it at Freedom Hall, where the Cards used to play before they open the Young Center, be the first time back in that historic building. And of course Cincinnati fans know that well because in all those one hundred games, they played a ton of them. They're at Freedom.
Speaker 5: Hall for those listening who want tickets, want to be there one week from tonight for the hoops class and get Heritage Bank Center six thirty tip.
Speaker 2: How do they go about getting tickets?
Speaker 9: Log on simple to do either Heritage Bankcenter dot com or even easier ticketmaster dot com, and you can take out your seats. We still have plenty of good seats. What happens this time of year, Lance is people a little bit slow to transition to basketball, and then all of a sudden you have a big game that pops up and ticket sales late will come in hard and strong. But there's a lot of really good seats left right now. If you go on again ticketmaster dot com. Games at six thirty pm next Friday night, November twenty first, at the Heritage Bank Center.
Speaker 5: Oh I love the six thirty start time. You can hang out downtown at the Banks, you can go to the game. After the game, you get the rest of the evening and hang out at the Banks and have fun. A full night of basketball and finn You can't beat that.
Speaker 9: It checks every Lance.
Speaker 5: The Council Box, no doubt about it. Hey, Brooks, it is great here in your voice. Congrats on all the success and reeling in this big one to present to the city on a week from tonight. We're fired up about it and great catching up with you.
Speaker 9: Well, thanks for having me on. I'll hope see you down there, all.
Speaker 5: Right, take care, all right, there you go, Brooks Downing b d G Sports. One week from tonight Hoops Classic Classic, Heritage Bank Center six thirty tip between now and then, let's see Louisville number twelve in the country right now is home to Ohio tomorrow and West and the Bearcats are home on Sunday against Mount Saint Mary's. That is a six o'clock tip if I remember correctly, all right, week from tonight, number one one, and think of that Missouri Valley Metro Conference, USA Big East, the American.
Speaker 2: I mean, heck is a kid.
Speaker 5: I was there at Heritage Bank Center then in the Riverfront Colisseum watching Pat Cummings and the Bearcats and the and U see in Louisville back at that time, and they're getting together again. One week from tonight, we'll get together with Scott Springer. Let's talk a little UC basketball and football. He's also checking in from a high school game he's covering, and I I'll ask him for a preview of that as we continue. It's our Neil Carrier Sports Talk presented by Kelsey Chevrolet seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: You spend hours raking the leaves from your yard, only to half to rake them again and again and again. If only all the leaves could fall at once. Well, now they can call tree Shakers.
Speaker 7: Say you shaking down, Nike.
Speaker 11: You me, our.
Speaker 10: Specialized staff of x NFL linemen.
Speaker 12: SUMA wrestlers, and women's shot putters can shake your trees there in minutes, freeing up your fall. You shaking down, NC You me tree Shakers, toss the rank and give.
Speaker 4: It a sham.
Speaker 7: Tree Shakers a sponsor of the seven hundred WLW talkback button on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 9: Ass The Red Tax Sales event is here at my cast.
Speaker 2: Chevrolet did all right, let's talk.
Speaker 5: You see football Big one tomorrow noon at Nippert You see Arizona right here on seven hundred WLW. My next guest, so versatile, he's covering that game. He's covering the UC basketball game on Sunday he's at this very moment on the scene covering a high school football playoff game. Let's welcome in, Scott Springer, where are you and tell me something I need to know about the matchup tonight.
Speaker 13: This is Anderson and LaSalle Division two, Regon eight and they were shorthanded, so they called me out of the bullpen. And seeing as I live boating up the Brown Stadium where I can hear the band just as much as I'm looking at her right now coming at me, I said, well, yeah, well I'll go up the street there and do that. So I got me a cheeseburger in the pretzel and I'm ready to go.
Speaker 2: Life is good. Life is good.
Speaker 5: All right, let's talk about the opportunity for the bearcatch big opportunity tomorrow. They got to get a win tomorrow to have an even bigger opportunity next week. But first things first, tomorrow is not going to be easy.
Speaker 13: No I Noah Faffita can throw the ball around and make some plays with his legs.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 13: Last week they did hold him back a little bit running wise, but they had a winning series there to win us last second drive and Faffiita got it done and Arizona six and three they're they're pretty good. A lot of the big coats pretty good. And I think the best thing you see can do is take care of business and you know, one a row each week, which some very coach speak, but that's what they give us, So that's what I'm giving you. Uh But yeah, I mean there's a lot of scenarios you can look at. You see, best bet just went out, and because like tomorrow, you know, BYU plays TCU they could lose, they probably don't lose. I don't see Texas Tech losing and so the Bearcatches need to win and take care of business. And I know they're favored by six six and a half something like that. I would expect Brendan's orders me to have a bounce back right now, questionable or Caleb Goodie receiver, Isaiah Johnson, Evan Pryor usually questionable means they're probably going to play. I don't know that for sure. I think having Evan Pryor back, you know, had the dimensions to their offense that they were missing a little bit in Utah. So I would expect to win. Can't guarantee one, because that's not my job.
Speaker 11: I'd be in Vegas Scott.
Speaker 5: I think a year ago, Joe Royer averaged almost five catches per game. This year he's below three catches per game. Is there more to be had, more to be found in that connection with Joe Royer.
Speaker 13: Well, certainly, that's one I'd be looking for, and I think I asked that each week in the press Cofference, I certainly write it every week. You know, the guy caught fifty balls last year and that broke Travis Kelsey's record, and Travis Kelsey's pretty good, and I think he's at twenty three right now, so well behind schedule. And what I'm being told is, obviously they know who Joe Royer is now, so they can double him. And then you have the receivers who are a little bit better than last year. Obviously Cyrus Allen, he's second in the nation in touchdown reception. So you've got him and the other guys that can stretch the field and the running back. So it's a combination of having more weapons and they know who Joe Royer is and sometimes he gets double team but I'm with you, usually when he gets the ball, it's a big play.
Speaker 2: You see he's coming off the buy.
Speaker 5: Obviously the last time we saw him was a forty five to fourteen loss to Utah. There were some uncharacteristic things that happened to the Bearcats in that game. Does that game feel like just a blip on the radar more than a troubling trend developing?
Speaker 13: It was just one that got away. I mean, I tell you that was a very difficult crowd. I won't say it was as loud as Zarrow Ahead, but it was more than just the most the student section there. It was every fan there. It was the thing to do in Salt Lake City. Everyone had their phones out and making a lot of racket. It was nighttime, you know, and it's ten fifteen Cincinnati time when you start, so a whole lot of things going against you. See, they still had cancers to be in the game. After the stores we touched down to start, You're thinking, wow, okay, this might just go back and forth. And then even in the second half he at Allen and it's twenty four to fourteen, but in there also with a couple of fumbles, and he threw an interception and he had not thrown an interception since Nebraska, So it just wasn't in the cards that night. But I think most teams would be hard pressed to go into Utah, particularly at night, and when in Utah is pretty good, and I think the selection committee is saying that with their ratings.
Speaker 5: Basketball beat Dayton earlier in the week, survived twenty four turnover as much talked about. Obviously, they're three and zero hosting amount Saint Mary's on Sunday give give listeners. Your early takeaway about this three and oher UC team, Well.
Speaker 13: They play fast. They want to play fast, and I have asked him, I said, well, is this something where you're playing too fast or is this something that at some point it becomes the normal And that's what they want to do. They've decided they want to play fast this year and they think this is what's going to help them in the Big twelve by playing fast. Now, what's not going to help them in the Big twelve is if you're averaging twenty three twenty four turnovers, which every game they've been in the twenties, and that's just not a good way to win throwing the ball away. So if you're a UC fan, hopefully it all works out and they start throwing to the guys in the same uniforms and Baba Miller goes off. I mean, it's the incredible thing about Boba Miller. The last game, he doesn't even score for the first thirty one minutes of the game, and then he has eight points in the final nine. But he also had ten eleven rebounds, so he was a bucket away from his third double double. It really didn't have his best game. So they have a lot of guys that can hurt you in some ways. It's just that they're very deep to me, death wise, roster wise, I think they're better than last year. But if you go back to last year, that team was ranked twenty in the preseason. I think a lot of the experts Evince make good because of what happened last year, and they're backing off on their preditions this year. Two totally different teams. Yeah, and the man just slanged out. They come the Raptors Man. They heard I was on the Lance McAllister flow.
Speaker 2: That is beautiful. All right?
Speaker 5: Then then one final thought, and I might as well use your services on the scene. Give listeners a nugget or a note on the game you're covering tonight. What do we need to know about that matchup?
Speaker 13: Well, they fit last year about this time, and Mesalle actually had a late lead. Anderson had to come back and score the salvege to win, to get Morse to go into the semi finals and events of the finals. Pat McLaughlan is a guy they coach that he's running out right now. He's to have the lamps in the title game before I heard they're a little bit dang up. But you know that league they're in, GCL South is the best there is, so we're not going to go away. Anderson's undefeated. I think the firepower and the fact that they're at home probably gives Amerson your need. But I seen enough sports. Nothing surprises me anymore. Well even four twenty five turnover's gonna win.
Speaker 2: Will said, Hey, you're a good man.
Speaker 5: I appreciate you navigating all that tonight to make this happen.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 13: Yeah, thanks a bun.
Speaker 5: All right, take care, there you go. Scott Springer from the Inquirer Cincinai dot com. He'll have your uc for you to read about. He'll have the football to read, the basketball to read, and a summary of that game tonight on the high.
Speaker 2: School football scene to read.
Speaker 5: A man about town, a man about sports, and before we check news, let me seguey off of the UC football to our Kelsey Chevrolet College Football Weekend preview. Kelsey Chevrolet celebrating ten years of taking care of customers like family. Today they continue that promise with a new look of the new logo by the Way, built on trust, transparency and peace of mind in every interaction from sales to service, from driveways to highways, from our family to yours.
Speaker 2: Visit kelseyshev dot com.
Speaker 5: In addition to UC being home to Arizona, Ohio State goes under the lights to host UCLA tomorrow night. The Buckeyes riding a nation's best thirteen game winning streak. Ohio State quarterback Julian Sayan is completing eighty point nine percent of his passes. Let me repeat that, I'm underlining it. Eighty point nine percent of his passes, and as of this week, he is the betting favorite to win the Heisman. Kentucky goes out of conference to host Tennessee Tech. The Golden Eagles are ten to zero and number five on the FCS level. They've won fifteen straight and they lead FCS in scoring at forty five points a game. Notre Dame travels to Pittsburg. That's the college game day site. Panthers are seven and two. They've won five straight. The Irish have won seven straight after starting zero to two, by an average of almost four touchdowns per game. Indiana host Luke Fickle and Wisconsin I use when it. I still can't believe that catch to win the IU game. But how about this. That win by IU moved them ahead of Northwestern. Northwestern now has the most losses in the history of college football, seven hundred and sixteen all time. There's more on the college football front to get to. We'll do that in the seven o'clock our Up next, you see Claremont College Volleyball won the Division two National championship on Sunday, second time since twenty twenty one. I need to know what's going on. Last they're head coach Josh Hammer. As we continue RNEL Carrier Sports Talk presented by Kelsey Chevalet seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: The following takes place between seven pm and eight pm.
Speaker 5: All right, everyone, we go our number two seven oh seven on seven hundred WLW. Back on RNL Carrier Sports Talk presented by Kelsey Chevallet. I'm Lancemcalister. Thanks for hanging out on a Friday night. Stick Around Xavier basketball plays here. Joe and Byron set it up bottom of the hour. I like cool stories. This is a really cool story. This past Sunday, you see Claremont College volleyball won the USCAA Division two National championship in Uniontown, Pennsylvania. It's the program's second national championship since twenty twenty one. You see Claremont College located in Batavia. I said, I need to know more about this, so lo and behold, we're going to the phones. Let's welcome in the head coach of the Division two national champs. That would be Josh Hammer. Coach Lance Bacallister.
Speaker 2: How are you.
Speaker 14: I'm doing well, Lance, How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm fantastic. How does it feel what I say? Division two national champions Oh?
Speaker 14: Man, you can't say it enough. It's great feeling, for sure.
Speaker 5: How second title in five years? I mean, that's dynasty stuff. How did Batavia become the epicenter of Division two volleyball?
Speaker 14: Well, I don't know. I like to think I had a little something to do with that. I took over the program back in twenty fifteen, and I guess since twenty seventeen was the first year we made the tournament, and we've made the tournament every year since then.
Speaker 2: Wow, we won in twenty one.
Speaker 14: We got a couple third places in there as well, which I don't like to talk about those. But and then this year was just you know, this year was just it's probably the best team we've ever had, and it was just a.
Speaker 4: Really great year.
Speaker 5: Well that was going to be That's a good segue to my next question, because I was going to mention you entered the bracket as the top seed. I think you were twenty and two during the season, So the preseason thought was you had a national champion caliber roster.
Speaker 2: Is that true?
Speaker 5: That's true. Yes, You've got a couple of seniors I'd love to ask you about. One was the tournament MVP and now a three time All American. Tell me about Caitlin Finnegan.
Speaker 14: Caitlyn's a great player. She played middle forest. She like you said, she's a first team All American Player of the Year. I referred to her as a unicorn, and she came into our program.
Speaker 2: She's got, you know.
Speaker 14: Top tier talent, top tier attitude. She's a great leader, she's a big part of what we've done here in the past couple of years.
Speaker 5: Tell me about another local product. She also from Turpent High School. She was all a tournament team performer. Tell me about Ashley Kaminski.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Ashley, and it's fun.
Speaker 14: Ashley actually brought Caitlyn to our program after her freshman year. Yeah, Caitlyn had they played together in high school and Katelyn had gone off to Akron College and didn't like it. Came back home and Ashley said, Hey, I got this friend, like to put her on the team. What do you think. I said, Well, tell.
Speaker 2: Me about her.
Speaker 14: Oh, well, she's six foot one place middle.
Speaker 2: She's pretty good.
Speaker 4: I said, yeah, bring her on.
Speaker 14: And yeah, the rest is history.
Speaker 5: I mentioned both are from Turp And you also have a Milfred Grant Anna Daniels, who made the alternament team. I mean the quality of high school volleyball around the area, tell me about it, because it's got to make for a nice pipeline of talent, doesn't it.
Speaker 14: It really does. The Tri State area is really really loaded with volleyball talent, for sure. That doesn't mean I mean it's a nice pipeline, yes, but it's also very competitive to get these players sure.
Speaker 5: Tell me on this level, kind of explain to the average listener right now may not know the workings of it in terms of recruiting or scholarships or how does any of that work in assembling a team.
Speaker 14: Yeah, so we don't have athletic scholarships. You see, Claremont.
Speaker 2: College is a great value.
Speaker 14: Our average tuition is six thousand dollars a year, and then all students, not just athletes, but they can get merit scholarships their first two years as well, and pretty much if they get any fasts at all, they get their tuition paid for. But you know that's my that's kind of my recruiting spiels. Hey, great education, very low cost, you know, great athletic program, a chance to play for a national championship.
Speaker 5: You mentioned, I believe it was twenty fifteen you arrived at you see Claremont. Kind of trace the path. How what's the journey been like for you to get to this point.
Speaker 14: Well, in twenty fifteen I took over. They had a couple players graduating, a couple of players that didn't want to come back because they would they were attached to their old coach, and you know, they didn't want to spend their last year with a new coach and all that kind of thing. I only had eight players when I walked into the gym, and I did a lot of recruiting, held some tryouts, wound up getting like fifteen players my first year. But you know, the difference in the player talent then versus now is a lot different, obviously, So it took about three or four years to kind of get the word out about, you know, a great program, a great experience. But you know, after that, it's been it's been a lot easier obviously.
Speaker 5: Josh Head, have you did you? Are you from the area? Had you been around here in various coaching capacities to ultimately get to UC Claremont.
Speaker 2: What was that like?
Speaker 14: Yeah, Yeah, I grew up in northern Kentucky and you know, just started coaching a couple my nieces in a recreation volleyball and that led to middle school, that led to high school, that led to college. My first college job was Cincinnati State, which no longer has athletics, but I was there for two years, and then I coached Xavier's men's club team for a season, and then I got the job in twenty fifteen. U see Claremont. But I've been coaching for twenty eight years AAU club volleyball, so I've been in it for a while.
Speaker 5: Man, it is so great catching up with you tonight. You know, I'm thinking two titles in five years. I think maybe, what do you think lifetime contracting your own parking spot?
Speaker 2: How does that sound?
Speaker 4: That sounds good? That sounds good.
Speaker 2: Hey, congratulations on this. It's so cool.
Speaker 5: I was able to track you down and you were willing to come on and congrats on the success, not just this year and what you've built and best of luck keeping it rolling and enjoy all this.
Speaker 14: All right, yeah, I will thank you. Thanks for having me on.
Speaker 5: You got to take care coach, all right. There you go, Josh Hammer. Two times, two national championships in five years. You see Claremont College Volleyball located in Batavia. Every time I think of Batavia as a kid, my grandma lived in Batavia. So when we were kids and we would visit Grandma one she was the manager of It's no Longer around the Green Valley in Batavia, and it was always a big deal when we were kids and we visited spent the weekend with Grandma. We would go to Moonlight Chili. Oh, I remember how cool it was we were living large going to Moonlight Chili.
Speaker 2: I haven't been.
Speaker 5: We were in Batavia a couple of months ago because they've got a really cool coffee shop right on the corner of Bean and Brew when you come into town, and it is directly across the street from where the Old Green Valley used to be. That my grandma was the manager years ago. So congratulations to you. See Claremont College Volleyball the Division two national champs for the second time since twenty twenty one. All right, good, that was fun. Let's head down the stretch. Got some college football to squeeze in, some college basketball to squeeze in. I got to do all that before Joe and Byron. They are warming up and they'll deliver Xavier pregame before the Musketeers and the Hawkeyes that coming up at seven point thirty. We continue for now with Rnel Carrier Sports Talk presented by Kelsey Chevelet.
Speaker 2: Seven hundred WW.
Speaker 11: Is Taylor versus Tumlin in the Steel City. The Bengals look to toss the Steelers into the recycling bin. There's a lot I can say about Pittsburgh but none of it can be set on the radio. The Bengals slug it out with the Steelers. Sunday coverage begins at nine am. Stream for free on the new and improved iHeartRadio app four on seven hundred WLW, home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 5: Hey all, your favorite NBA players are back in DraftKings sportsbook and official sports betting partner the NBA is the place to bet on NBA stars this season. With more markets open for more of the game. DraftKings, the number one sportsbook for live betting, is live when others aren't. Speaking of stars, how about Wemby and the Spurs tonight against Steph and the Warriors. Another good matchup seventy six ers in those red hot Pistons. New customers bet just five bucks and get three months of NBA League Pass plus score three hundred dollars if your bet wins paid in bonus bets, Download the DraftKings sportsbook app and use code seven hundred WLW. That's code seven hundred WLW. Bet five bucks and get three months of league pass plus get three hundred dollars in bonus bets if your bet wins. In partnership with DraftKings. The Crown is yours. Gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler twenty one plus Ohio only. Eligibility and restrictions apply. Bet must win to receive bonus bets, which expire in seven days. Minimum mods required, NBA League Pass Autoy News until canceled. Additional terms at dkang dot co, slash Audio limited time She did, Johnny.
Speaker 7: The kids didn't come home last night.
Speaker 15: Along the Central Texas planes, teens are dying, suicides that don't make sense, strange accidents.
Speaker 13: Nothing like that.
Speaker 2: It ever happened in Weatherford.
Speaker 15: Before in what seems to be a plot ripped straight out of breaking.
Speaker 2: Bad drugs, alcohol, trafficking of people. There are people out there that absolutely know what happened.
Speaker 15: Open your free iHeartRadio app, search paper ghosts and listen.
Speaker 9: Now, wrap up the year and wrap up.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 5: We are cruising through this Friday night. Weekend is here. Hope you had a great week. Hope you're ready for the weekend. Means a lot you chose to hang out here. I'm gonna hand you off to Joe and Byron with Xavier Hoops coming up bottom of the hour. I'm on x Twitter Atlance Bacalyster. Thanks to those who follow I'd be honored if you joined it and followed along. You can be a part of the show and comment on stuff going on during the show and stuff even outside the show. And if you ever have an idea for the show, And I thank John Finnegan who emailed me with a heads up on you see Claremont winning the Division two national championship. I try to keep track of a lot of stuff. I can't keep track of everything. And if you ever have an idea for a topic or a cool guest or something you think I'd find interesting and we're talking about, email me Lance at lancepecalister dot com. Easy is that Lance at lancepacalister dot com. I love talking Reds. I love talking Bengals, but I also love changing. It just can't be all Reds and all Bengals all the time, so I like doing some different things along the way. I want to try to track down the Miami hockey coach Anthony Norreen next week. What a cool story with kind of the resurrection of Miami RedHawks hockey. Man, you go back in the day with Rico Blasi and the Brotherhood and they were it seemed like every week. They were the number one team in the country and made it to back to back Frozen fours and had that heartbreaking loss in the in the National Championship game where I want to say, don't quote me, I remember watching in my office at home with Kelly and the kids, and they had three goals scored on them, like in the last couple of minutes to lose the National Championship Game when they had the lead of just a crusher. And they went through a conference change and things became much more difficult in some really tough times, hard times for the program. I think last year they went winless in their conference. Don't quote me on this. I was looking at the other day. I think they went like twenty one and one in their conference or something really really difficult to comprehend, and they jumped back into the rankings.
Speaker 2: I think it was last week. For the first time in years.
Speaker 5: They're just outside of the top twenty five this week, and tonight they're playing the defending national champs. Maybe we'll try to talk with coach, depending on if our schedules matchup next week. All right, let's run through the rest of the Kelsey Chevallet College football weekend preview. Then I got some hoops. I need a preview. Where do we leave off? Produs at Washington tomorrow? But the Boilermakers have dropped eight straight and in fact they've lost eight eighteen in a row versus Power Conference teams. Friday Night Lights Tonight has the Louisville Cardinals hosting Clemson. The Ohio Bobcats play Tuesday in mactionin hosting UMass. Thomas Moore travels to Owensborough tomorrow to take on Kentucky and Wesleyan in their season finale. Rough season for the Saints, looking for their first win their zero to ten going into the season finale Tomorrow. Mount Saint Joe wraps up the regular season at Rose Holman in Terre Haute, Indiana. How about these names and the seasons? The Lions quarterback Jason Schreiber or Jackson Shreiber, I'm sorry Jackson Shreiber last week threw for four hundred and seven yards and six touchdowns in the win. He's from Oak Hills High School and his favorite target, wide receiver Eli Aston, is from East Central High School. He had eight catches in that game for two hundred and thirty three yards and three touchdowns. For this season, Eli Aston has eighteen touchdown catches. It is a new school single season record. And the Miami RedHawks travel to Buffalo next Wednesday lost at home to Toledo two nights ago. Weird story today unfolding in Oxford. Miami starting quarterback to Kwan Finn has left the program. He did not play in Wednesday night's game against Toledo.
Speaker 2: That's the game A Rocky called that game.
Speaker 5: He is a seventh year senior, spent five years at Toledo, one year at Baylor, came to Miami this year, was their starting quarterback, was set to face his old team on Wednesday night at Toledo and left the team. Chuck Martin saying today he's basically going to prepare for the next level in the NFL Draft. Meanwhile, his now former teammates are trying to win the MAC and trying to get BAWL eligible, and their starting quarterback has departed the life of college football today. Here's your college basketball weekend preview Tonight Xavier and Iowa eight o'clock tip, seven thirty pre game. Musketeer trying to bounce back from Monday's home loss to Santa Clara oh Man. That was rough. Xavier's never played at Iowa. Carver City Garb Hawkeye Arena. Richard Patino looking for his two hundred and fiftieth career win as head coach. Hawkeyes are two to zero home win over Robert Morris and Western Illinois Iowa last check a fifteen and a half point favorite. Tonight number nine. Kentucky host Eastern Illinois. That game is underway and on ESPN fifteen thirty, first ever meeting between the two Colin Chandler. By the way, Nugget is the first player in Kentucky history to make four threes in each of his team's first three games of the season, and the Cats have been working the boards, out rebounding all three opponents, averaging plus thirteen rebound margin in the games. Panthers are coached by Aniana Hoosier fans and evans Ville fans will know the name the former Hoo's Your player and former Evansville coach, Marty Simmons. Marty Simmons was Mister Basketball in the state of Illinois when he was in high school. Cats are a thirty eight and a half point favorite tonight Tomorrow, Number twelve Louisville is home to Ohio. Miami is at air Force. Pete Sooter went for forty two against air Force last year. Dayton is hosting with you Cookman. Wright State is home to Radford, and then the weekend wraps up on Sunday. Notre Dame in Ohio State NKU welcomes Cumberland. Incarnate World is in Bloomington to take on the Hoosiers. Mount Saint Mary's visits UC six o'clock. Tip Akron is at Purdue and Wright State. Right State play Saturday and Sunday. They're at home to Radford on Saturday and home to Kent State on or on Saturday against Radford and on Sunday against Kent State. All Right, final note of the night. On this date, Man, you talk about an ominous note This date in sports history. Nineteen seventy fifty five years ago, Tonight, a plane carrying the Marshall University football team crashes, killing all seventy five people on board, thirty seven players, twelve coaches and administrators, five crew members, twenty one townspeople and boosters. The plane was returning from a game against East Carolina they had lost seventeen fourteen slammed into a hillside surrounding Tri State Airport in Canova, West Virginia. The crash recognized as the worst sports related air tragedy in US history, and it was the only It was the only game they were flying to that season. If you have never seen the movie We Are Marshall two thousand and six brought a lot of attention to this story. At the time, the NCAA granted Marshall a special exemption for the following season. They had lost their football team, and the NCAA granted an exemption allowing freshman to play varsity football for Marshall the next year because freshmen had normally weren't allowed to play. New coaching staff was hired, led by Jack Lanil I believe it was. And then that following year, nineteen seventy one, in September, Marshall beat Xavier fifteen thirteen on the final play, a miraculous, emotional, as you can imagine, win, considered the biggest moment in program history. It happened on this date, nineteen seventy Man, oh man, I wish I had more time. I would have loved three hours tonight. We could have done it and off the beaten path topic, but there's basketball to be played. Thanks to Sean McMahon for producing tonight. Thanks to you for taking a listen. Have a great weekend. How about we hook up on Monday for Bengals line. I'll be with Lapp. We'll talk about the Bengals win over the steel Son like a plan. This has been Arnel Carrier Sportstock presented by Kelsey Cherbalay seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati.
Speaker 7: President Trump named in Epstein emails, is naming others with the pregame report.
Speaker 2: I'm Jack Crumley breaking now.
Speaker 7: President Trump posting online today that he wants the Justice Department to quote investigate Jeffrey Epstein's involvement and relationship with Bill Clinton, Larry Summers, JP Morgan, and others. This comes as email excerpts were released from the House Oversight Committee showing the President's name mentioned in those Epstein messages. More from ABC's Karen Traverse, this.
Speaker 16: Is another attempt by the President here to turn the attention to Democrats. He has called this a hoax by Democrats and said that all of this attention this week has been the Democrats trying to not focus on the government shutdown, which he says that they lost very badly in their policies. He said that the party is in disarray at this point, but this would be notable if the President is actually directing the Justice Department to launch an investigation.
Speaker 7: ABC's Karen Travers. This afternoon, Attorney General Pam Bondi posted a response, thanking the President and going on to name a prosecutor who will take the lead. The exchange comes as the House is set to vote on the release of the full Epstein files in the coming days. Now, the latest traffic and weather together, just have a little bit of a slow down to warn you about southbound seventy one just south of Martin Luther King. It's not a big backup, but you are a little bit slow to be aware of some road construction tonight around seventy five and seventy one if you're trying to cross the Brent Spence Bridge. That's going to last through the weekend. Now, the ladies forecast from the Train Heating and Cooling Weather Center on News Radio seven hundred wl W, clear skies tonight, low of fifty three degrees tomorrow, mix of sun and clowns with a high of seventy sunny Sunday a high in the mid fifties for the Bengals game on Sunday in Pittsburgh. We are looking at a slight chance of rain before that one o'clock kickoff. Temperatures should be in about the mid forties in the afternoon with sunny skies. Game day forecast built by American Home Tech, Your roof's best defense against any weather. Americanhome Tech dot com radar right now showing clear skies in the Tri State it is fifty eight degrees. An increase in foreclosure filings is raising concerns about potential cracks in the housing market. According to property and data analytics firm ATAM, foreclosure starts rose six percent in October and were twenty percent higher than they were the year before. The data also found that completed foreclosures were up thirty two percent year over year. And pictures posted on Facebook last week by the parents of a six year old showed that boy tied in the back of a van after he was sent home from Roberts Academy. Now Cincinnati Public Schools is investigating for employees at Roberts Academy have been put on leave. I'm Jack Crumley, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: News twenty four hours a day.
Speaker 3: News Radio seven hundred WLW on the Xavier Sports Network from Learfield. Savior Basketball is on the air. Brought to you by Try Health.
Speaker 17: Try Health provides surprisingly human care that drives the best health outcomes.
Speaker 2: Be seen, be heard, be healed.
Speaker 17: Visit tryhealth dot com and buy but late, Easy to drink, easy to enjoy. This is the R and L Carriers Pregame Show.