Speaker 1: Seven hundred wl W back on the Big One, Dan Carolyn from Bill Cunningham, the Great Americans, and everyone's got a little more pep in their step today after I don't know if anyone was really expecting to see what we saw last night on Thursday Night Football, but thank god it happened. I like to call it the Senior Bowl, where you had the oldest player in the NFL. Joe Flacca might be the second oldest player in the NFL, but in any case, they are running around like they were twenty years younger than what they really were. A great game last night, Bengals win. Here to break it down, my buddy from ESPN fifteen thirty Moegor and Moegar glad to be here. I guess there's probably about a dozen different ways you can look at the way this game went down last night, but probably the most important thing, of course, is the scoreboard and the Bengals chuck up a very important win.
Speaker 2: Badly needed in many ways, psychologically perhaps first and foremost for the players, for the organization, for fans, but mechanically speaking. I don't know that if we were sitting here this after then talking about the Bengals being two and five with five consecutive losses, that we're not talking about the season being over quite frankly. You know, we were on yesterday a Lance McAllister Rocky and I from the Holy Grail talking about the difference between being three and four and two and five was more than just one win in either column if they had lost that game last night. I think today we're talking about who they may trade away, whether or not this may completely unravel. We're maybe talking about who's going to lose their job, and instead I think most Bengals fans are going, all right, you know, you look at that Jets game a week from Sunday, They're going to be favored the Bengals. The Chicago game is winnable. You start to look at the AFC North, which is a little bit wide or open than it would have been Pittsburgh won that game last night. You look at the rest of the AFC, which isn't the better half of the league, I don't think, and you start to talk about, you know, can they keep this thing afloat a little bit longer for Joe Burrow to come back, and can this offense takeoff even further given what we've seen over the last six quarters from from Joe Flacco. It's a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: The game did not get off to a great start. Pittsburgh's got the ball first. Aaron Rodgers flings out just a little checkdown pass to a receiver out in the flats. He gets a big hit from the Bengals defensive back, but there's no wrapping up, and what should have been maybe a one yard gain turns into about a four yard gain and Pittsburgh is off and running. I saw that, Mo, and I said to myself, I mean, how can there be after all this talk about the tackling situation, what the defense is going through, how can you come up lay a big hit on a guy like that not wrap up the basic stuff? And then it puts Pittsburgh situation whether they don't have second and nine, they have second and six, which of course is a very different situation, but the way that game started. And then later in that same series, they give up a third and eleven for a big playdown field, which sets them up to score a touchdown on their first possession. So I was looking at that first possession, I'm thinking, great, here we go. We've had all this talk. Nothing has changed. But then about three quarters of the way through the first quarter, something happened and the Bengals started playing the kind of football that I think we've expected them to play since Game one of this season.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Look, if they were going to beat the Pittsburgh Steelers, they were either going to need the defense to outperform expectation or they were going to need areas of the offense to outperform expectation. And the defense didn't do that last night. Now, they did get the two big turnovers. The DJ Turner play on the sideline was terrific. It wasn't an awesome night for the defense, lets be honest, but it was a remarkable night for Jamar Chase. You know, you feel bad for t Higgins to a degree because he made the catch and made the right play by the way, by not scoring that set up the game winning field goal. And it feels like kind of a footnote because of how good Jamar Chase was. He was otherworldly.
Speaker 3: He is.
Speaker 2: You know, maybe you take him for granted. I guess when when he's in your city. He is a remarkable football player. He plays so hard. There was a play where Chase Brown is running down the sideline and Jamar Chase outruns him to throw a block in a whole lot of high end wide receivers who go and do that. Jamar Chase was awesome last night, but so is Chase brown ran for nearly ten yards of carry. The Bengals ran for more than six yards of carry. We've talked about it all season long, the inability and sometimes unwillingness to run the football. They ran it effectively last night, and more than anything, Joe Flacco played like a guy. If if you sat someone down to watch that game last night and maybe midway through the third quarter, said to them, when do you think that quarterback got here? I think they probably would have said, well, at some point this offseason, or maybe during training camp, or perhaps they'd been with the team for a few years. Joe Flacco looked like he had complete mastery of that offense what Jake Browning couldn't do, which was hit the open guy. He throw to Jamar Chase twenty three times last night. Right, it sounds obvious throw it to your best guys. Joe Flacco did that, and I thought the offensive line, all things considered, Pittsburgh's got a very good defensive front. They blitz a lot. They have TJ. Watt, Nick Herbing, Alex high Smith, Cam Hayward. They have guys who can get after the quarterback. Joe Flacco got sacked twice. Wasn't a perfect night for the offensive line, but it was good enough, and so I think you had areas of the offense that outperformed. I think we all thought after the Green Bay game they had done some things offensively they could build on. They did more than that last night. It was a tremendous offensive performance. They got a great night from Evan McPherson kicking field goals and a win that at least for now has at least gotten the season somewhat back on track.
Speaker 1: Well, the win is great because we get to wallow in it for the next ten days before the Bengals play again. And I'm glad you brought up that play where Jamar Chase was downfield throwing that block, because when that play happened, it sounded as if Kirk Herbstreet was jumping out of his seat saying and he said, he said, I remember what he said. He said, that's leadership. That's leadership right there, And I think he really touched on something that has been lacking from this team in terms of leadership. And I think when you see what Jamar Chase that play and some of the other plays that he had last night, what te Higgins did by sliding before he could he could have easily run into the end zone and scored a touchdown with about a minute and thirty forty seconds left. And again that's another example of leadership. So maybe something has happened that these two Higgins, Chase combined with Joe Flacco, has stepped up and said the leadership has to come from this group right here, and that may have been what was on display last night, and hopefully, hopefully Mo this offensive line is taking note of that and obviously the best game of this season from the offensive line, which I think made a huge difference last night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought the offensive line, relatively speaking, played well, and you know, game to game, that's still going.
Speaker 3: To be the thing we wonder about.
Speaker 2: But I think in the two games that Joe Flacco has played, they've done a decent job of protecting him. A couple of things about the wide receivers Number one year, right, I mean, Jamar Chase was the one a few weeks ago when it felt like this season was starting to spiral down the drain. He was the guy who was stepping up and talking publicly, vocally, and by all accounts, talking behind closed doors and sending messages to his teammates that the way they were playing was not good enough. I think the thing about T Higgins is he had a great game last night. Right makes a tremendous catch which sets them up for the game winning field goal. And yet I don't want to say he's a footnote, but he takes a backseat to Jamar Chase because you look at the numbers, Jamar Chase was otherworldly. T Higgins signed up for more of that right. As much as you could say the Bengals have misappropriated their money and they're devoting too much to one area of the team. I think it's admirable the T Higgins said, you know what, I'm going to sign up here to in effect be the second Banana. Now that under sells how good he is. And it's hard to talk about one without talking about the other. But I think there are a lot of wide receivers who would say, you know what, if the money's equal, I want to get out of Jamar Chase's shadow. Or I want to get out of my teammates shadow and t Higgins signed up to. I don't want to say stay in that shadow, but know that it exists. And I think the thing with Jamar, and I've said this for a few years, you could look at the numbers. You could look at the numbers that he puts up and conclude that he's a great player. He led the league last season in all three major categories. I think to really appreciate him, you really have to watch him. You know, the greatest game I've ever seen him play is the greatest game I've ever seen a wide receiver play against the Kansas City Chiefs in the regular season his rookie year. That game toward the end of the year, where Jamar Chase just torched Kansas City's defense. And it wasn't just that he put up big numbers. He did it on third and longs. He did it while facing double teams. He did it while getting fifty to fifty balls. Last night, you saw him make plays running every route conceivable. I don't know how many snaps he wasn't on the field for, but there weren't many. He's throwing blocks. You watch him and you go, I don't care how much money that guy makes. That dude wants to win, that guy wants to lead. He is an awesome football player. You could look at the numbers and make that conclusion. I think when you watch him you understand truly how good he really is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and him and Joe Flacco were having a bromance on the field last night. If, and it's my way of thinking, if the Bengals want to make other teams have to scheme defensively for the Chase and Flacco bromance, then I say, then I say have at it. Let him do that, because I think Joe Flacco has proved that he's more more than capable of exploiting the other weapons that this offense has. And what about what about that design play? That design run play where he makes the play action looks like he's going to drop back path to pass and then tucks the ball up under his arm and runs. What would he get about eleven or twelve yards on that play? I'm taking what are you doing? Man?
Speaker 2: I listened to Zach Taylor and Dave Lapham talked about that at last night, and Zack said, look, the play didn't really go the way we thought, that's Joe Flacco seeing you know the right defense and then crash down and lead the space open and go ahead. And that was.
Speaker 1: Design play, I think it was.
Speaker 2: I think it was part of the options, okay, but I think the quarterback has to read that correctly. You know, Zack mentioned it last night. There was a play when Ryan Finley beat the Steelers in twenty twenty that was really that was really similar where you essentially read the defensive end and basically if he leaves the gap open, you go ahead and run for it. So yeah, look, I think the fun thing now is when they acquire Joe Flacco. They did it for me for one simple reason. You knew the guy could be a quick study. You knew because of his experience his professionalism that he could show up late on a Tuesday night and know enough of the offense to at least function on Sunday. And I looked at that Green Bay game as a preseason game. They're not going to go there and win it all likelihood, but use the game reps to get him up to speed offensively with what they're doing. Developed some degree of chemistry with the wide receivers, and I think in the second half. You saw that. So to me, that game, that game last night was won because Joe Flacco started against Green Bay. You knew he was going to be a quick study. You know, there's nothing the other team's defense is going to do that he hasn't seen. You know, he's going to be able to handle the basics of you know, reading what the other team is doing, reading what the other team's Mittal Whibacker is doing, reading what the other team safeties are doing. And so you also knew that, hey, if I have Jamar Chase, I'm going to get him the football. You knew that he stood a better chance of not making mistakes like Jake Browning was making. And so now they get a little time before their next game because of the quote Minibi, and I think the one thing now is to think about where this offense can go from here. With some degree of normalcy settling in. Right, they're not cramming the playbook to get him ready on a short week for the Green Bay Packers. They're not doing more cramming to get ready for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Now they can go through a normal work week, figure out some of the things. Joe is more comfortable with perhaps expand upon what they're doing, and it feels like suddenly offensively, especially if they can run the ball the way they did last night, and really especially if they can get the kind of offensive line play they got last night, it's starting to feel like the potential for this offense is maybe not what it would be if Joe Burrow we're playing, but it's still pretty damn high.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very good. All right, Well, mo, I know we got a run, but you are on your way to Oklahoma? Do you see Bearcats taking on Oklahoma State? If I'm not mistaken, and the Bearcats enjoying a resurgence after a couple of lackluster seasons. Is where the Bearcats are right now? Is taking the heat off of Scott Sadderfield? And what are you expecting from the Bearcats on Saturday?
Speaker 2: Well, I think it's certainly taken the heat off Scott's Sadderfield. I think many are going to say, well, look, you know, last year Cincinnati was five and two and lost their last five games, and so yeah, they're five and one this season, but you know, kind of waiting for the other shoe to drop. I'm not going to tell you they're going to run the table, but I do think they just have more Big Twelve athletes. And you know, this was the part of the coaching change that I don't think anybody wanted to talk about. When they made the move from the American Athletic Conference to the Big Twelve. There was a level of physicality and I think a level of speed that was going to take a little time to develop, and I think it's happened this year. They're not maybe where they need to be, but I think for the first time as members of the Big Twelve, they have on both sides of the ball legitimate Big Twelve dudes, especially on the offensive line. Tomorrow, they're playing in Oklahoma State team that has lost to Oregon this year by sixty six points. And you might say, well, there's no shame in that. Oregon's really good, but they've lost their three Big Twelve games by an average more than twenty two points. They have fired their coach. Cincinnati is a more than three touchdown favor tomorrow. This is a game the Bearcats should win. If they do, they will be Bowl eligible, and then the schedule is going to get a lot tougher with Baylor and Utah and BYU and TCU. But the Big twelve is I think wider open than some might be willing to admit. I think Texas Tech is the best team in the league, but you need two teams in the conference championship game. Is Cincinnati takes care of business the way they should tomorrow. I don't believe it's far fetched to talk about the Bearcats maybe getting that other berth.
Speaker 1: We'll see what happens. Mowager, you're the best as always. Appreciate the time, Have a great Saturday in Oklahoma, and we'll see you when you get back with Mowagar. Thanks for being here as I sent in for the Great American today. Appreciate it all right, Dan, thanks very much. All Right, there you go, the one and only Mowegor ESPN Fish fifteen thirty and Big do Ones this weekend with the Bearcats in Oklahoma, we gotta go. We gotta get to a break. More coming up as we make our way through this great afternoon on the heels of a Bengals victory. Dan Carroll in for the Great American. Bill Cunningham, seven hundred wl the All right back on the Big One, seven hundred WLW twelve thirty seven. Dan Carroll in for Bill Cunningham, and I'm watching the game last night and I'm thinking, man, this is is a good night for Cincinnati. The city looks right on TV. The Bengals are winning. People are all over downtown Cincinnati. Everything is going great. And then I wake up this morning and I see this headline and I hear it on the news here on seven hundred WLW. One person dead after police say was shot multiple time times in a car downtown or early Friday morning. So the crime continues to run rampant in the streets of Cincinnati. There were a multiple police calls that were made yesterday. A lot of those don't get reported. But we have all that going on. We have a police chief who is currently twisting in the wind and has signed up with the Finny Law firm to represent her now in her discussions with the city manager, Cheryl Long. And what is happening with the Cincinnati Police Department. Here is Ken Kober, who is the head of the FOP and Ken Kober, great to have you on again on seven hundred WLW. And it seems like we live in times where the situation with the Cincinnati Police Department is very fluid, right Now, what's the latest? What can you do? You tell us that is happening with the chief and the Cincinnati Police Department. Oh yeah, sure, Dan, thanks for having me.
Speaker 4: I mean pretty much with the news reporting is kind of where we're at.
Speaker 1: She's still the chief. How much longer? I don't think anybody really knows.
Speaker 4: But I will say one thing, and I've made this clear to some of those city leaders that I've talked to, is that you need to make a decision. If you're going to keep Chief Fiji here, then you need to come out and say you're gonna keep her here. If you're planning on getting rid of her, you're going to get rid of her, then you just need to You need to rip the band aid off and do it. The men and women in this department deserve to know who's in charge of this department. And we've had two critical incidents now in the last twenty four hours. You know, we had a vehicle pursuit of a guy that was wanted, you know, for a felonious assault that ends up, you know, dying in a motorcycle crash. We had officers this morning we're attacked with a knife that were forced to fire their guns to save themselves.
Speaker 1: So light's going on.
Speaker 4: Understand that the men and women of this police department are gonna put every uniform on.
Speaker 1: They're going to go to.
Speaker 4: Work amidst all of this chaos that's going on at city Hall. But they have to do better. The men and women of this department deserve better.
Speaker 1: Well, The men and women of the department deserve better, and I think the citizens of Cincinnati deserve better as well. And none of this was it appeared to be an issue until it looked like there was some political heat that was that was starting to catch up with with the mayor. So I see all this stuff happening in the eleventh hour as it relates to the election, and have to have purval is uh. He tries to act as if he is watching this from afar that you know, he said during his debate the other night that this is you know, the purview of the city manager, which of course is true. But the city manager serves at the pleasure of the of the mayor. So uh to act as if there's there's no political shenanigans that you know what, And my question to you is, what's the main show right now? Is the political stuff the main show, or is the crime on the streets of Cincinnati the main show, and which one is taking more time of being addressed by the people who can do something about it.
Speaker 4: That allies is the problem because we all know that this is politically motivated, and the fact that we have a mayor that wants to hide and say that it's not I mean, it does fall in line with how his leadership style has been, but just own it. Well, I don't understand why they just want to own it. We know that the mayor is behind this. Everybody knows that the mayor is behind this, but they say, oh, no, no, no, it's a city managers are doing this is just it's just nonsense. I don't understand how you take someone who's dedicated thirty seven years of their life to serve in this city to only do this to her at the end of her career doesn't.
Speaker 1: Make any sense.
Speaker 4: The one thing has done, I'll be honest with you, is it has unified or united the rank and file, you know, because it was no surprise when she got it. When she got appointed, just like any time any other chief has been appointed.
Speaker 1: That there are some people that don't like that choice.
Speaker 4: And that's normal. I Like I said, this isn't unique to her. Every chief has been like that, at least in my career. But the one thing that everybody agrees with is that she's getting railroaded. I mean, I've had cops that don't necessarily care for her that have said, listen, man, you know how I feel about the chief, but this is wrong. The way they're treating her is wrong, and everybody recognizes it. So they need to figure this out, and they need to figure it out quick well.
Speaker 1: Channel five is reporting that the chief has hired the Finny Law Firm, and she is the law firm Finny Law Firm attorney Steven m They've confirmed the Channel five that they are representing the chief right now. And I look at this city manager who is probably most likely going to cost the city a major seven figure settlement because of the way she addressed the firing of the police chief Mike Washington, not the police chief, but the fire chief Mike Washington a couple of years ago. That settlement is slowly making its way through the courts, and that's going to wind up costing the city a lot of money. So I'm sure she's gunshy and it comes to actually pulling the trigger on something like this unless she costs the city another giant settlement that is going to have to be paid out. And I'm sure Thiji at this point is looking at walking away with as much money as she possibly can. So they just the way that these things get addressed. They don't address crime in a serious way. And then when crime gets to be the number one issue in the city, they want to point to the police chief and make the police chief a scapegoat. And again it's the people who who are on the streets every day that wind up suffering the most because of these Shenanians, without a.
Speaker 4: Doubt, Without a doubt, I said, I've expressed to Chief Fiji that you know, I, as the president the FOP, I support her fully that I have not heard one policeman has come to me and said, you know, we'll recare. We think she's getting what she deserves. Not one has said that. In fact, it's like I said, it's been the opposite. Do fully support her and at this point and I would certainly.
Speaker 1: I've told her this. I've expressed this to her, is if.
Speaker 4: They give you the right amount of money for you to leave I would do it. I don't blame her why she would want to stay here and deal with this headache, especially the way she's been treated. I wouldn't blame her a bit, and I don't think any policeman on this department would blame her a bit for walking away if she gets whatever it is that she's looking for.
Speaker 1: If the time comes when we do have to select a new police chief, will you have any input into that or will it be all at the recommendation of iris Roli, I would.
Speaker 4: Say that there's probably not a likelihood that they're even going to ask my opinion. Yeah, but since you asked, I'm gonna give it to you.
Speaker 1: Please do.
Speaker 4: My opinion is we need to have a current Cincinnati police officer needs to be the next police chief.
Speaker 1: That is my opinion.
Speaker 4: We have so much talent, we have so much leadership that could step up and could be the next chief of this department, and that's what needs to be done. That's gonna happen or not, I don't know, but that that certainly is my position, is that we need to have a Cincinnati police officer, a homegrown Cincinnati police officer needs to be the next chief.
Speaker 1: If that's what ends up happening. Yeah, but will that meet with the approval of Iris Rollie. I mean, I read all this stuff about Iris Rolli, and you know, she put out her social media the other day just you know, hold on, I'm in Milwaukee. I'm coming back. Everything's gonna be fine as soon as I get back, you know, telling people that as if she is the one that needs to come in and get things squared away. You know, I'm looking at what Todd Zenzer put out on her a day or so ago and talking about the all the money that she has made on behalf of the city, and and she's collected all, you know, and at almost three hundred thousand dollars over the last three or four years for these different things. And he talks about the invoices that she submitted for the city, and he he says, he says the city should work on contractor accountability. He says, for example, there were seven invoices provided covering twenty twenty three. Except for the dates of the invoices, five of seven were identical, including misspellings. So you've got Iris Rollie out there, who's collecting all this money, and I think it's extremely questionable the work she's doing. But every time I turn around, it's you know, her name is in the headlines having involvement with police and police issues, and if she's paying her son to pass out literature on Government Square. So it just seems like this thing is such a mess right now as far as city Hall is concerned, and the criminals continue to run. I saw this story the other night, Ken Cober about this dude on Short Vine who goes into the Kroger, robs the store, assaults the on duty armed security officer, and then when police respond, uh, you know, the police gets sprayed with a chemical irritant and and this dude, it turns out, I guess has has multiple felonies, and then you know, is in court the next day and walks out on you know, after laying down one hundred dollars bill. I mean, when how are we supposed to say we're serious about fighting crime when stuff like this happens on a regular basis.
Speaker 4: No, without a doubt you and following up this, you know this this now we're having cops that are being assault and they're just letting him out. Yeah, they said, a guy that got a guy that was just charged with a folonious assault.
Speaker 1: He shot the victim in the face.
Speaker 4: He got a fifty thousand dollars bond at ten percent forget and I say or or EMU, so he could have gotten out.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he's out. If he's out on EMU, he didn't pay a dollar to get out of jail. How do you deal with it? How do you deal with it when when you know, I have a good sense that police know who the bad guys are, and yet your hands are tied, and I think Fiji's hands have been tied for a long time when it comes to doing the things that you know that are going to have an impact on crime and the victims of crime.
Speaker 4: No, you're absolutely right now. I just had this conversation with her recently about some of these things. How she has gone to the mayor over the last year and asked him to go to these judges and put pressure on them and if nothing else, behind the scenes, to issue appropriate bonds, to lock people up, to sentence them appropriately. And he's just refused to do it. The same way with all the problems that we've had with these kids, you know downtown at Government Square, she has asked him repeatedly to go to CPS and try to come up with a.
Speaker 1: Solution, and he's just refused to.
Speaker 4: And he kind of indicated that in his press conference Tuesday where he said, look y'all, I don't I don't control the judges.
Speaker 1: I don't control CPS.
Speaker 4: No, but you're the mayor of the city, and you absolutely could go to these people who are stakeholders in this city. They tell them, listen to this certain expectation, you have to do this, and he just refuses to.
Speaker 1: So now what are we left with.
Speaker 4: We're left with judges doing whatever they want, you know, instead of having pressure on them from somebody like the mayor of this city.
Speaker 1: To say, listen, you got to you gotta do something about this.
Speaker 4: But nothing, So cops go out and arrest these people. He saw it on a Fountain Square just this past week. You know two people that are involved with it, both of them who were known to the police. One was out on an aggravated robbery bond, got a bomb he was out. The shooter was just convicted earlier this year of pistol whipping a victim, and they're out on community control.
Speaker 1: So it's no surprise that.
Speaker 4: When things like this happen. You know, everybody's looking around, Oh, oh my god, and another shooting. How did that happen? It's because all these people are are recidivius criminals that are getting out and they're going and committing more crimes. And until judges decide to get smart and lock these people up and keep them locked up, we're going to continue to see this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ken Cobra, I cannot recall as long as I've been in the media here in thirty for thirty plus years, but I cannot recall a time where we've had a situation like this where we have so much uncertainty surrounding the chief of Cincinnati Police and such a lack of leadership at city Hall. It really seems that no one wants to take responsibility, and no one really has a clue as to what's going on or what the next step is going to be. And now, of course you've got the Finny law firm involved, and that never bodes well for the city when they have to face off against the Finny law firm. So I just I can't remember a time when we've ever had a situation like this, can you? No? No, I can't.
Speaker 4: I mean, we had a police chief that got fired ten years or so ago. But that was I mean, it was so obvious they were gonna fire them, and they didn't him haul around. They just made a decision. They stuck with it. It was the right decision. But that was different leadership. That was leadership that made a concise, direct decision that said this is not working, so we're going to get rid of this person. And they did it instead of okay, well you know we're gonna have this conversation.
Speaker 1: Why they would let the chief of police fly all the way.
Speaker 4: Across the country to go to a conference only to land there and have a voicemail said hey, I need you to come back to Cincinnati immediately. That makes absolutely no sense. Why are we treating someone this way? Like I said, much less the police A chief has been here for thirty seven years. I don't care if you don't like the woman. I don't care if you don't think she's done a good job. You don't treat people like that. And he said that's why the FOP has fully supported her. Like I said, are cops that are coming out of the woodwork supporting her because they recognize how poorly she's been treated well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they're going to treat the chief this way, then how are they gonna, you know, react or towards someone who is who has a lower rank than she does well without a doubt. Yeah, we've seen it time after time.
Speaker 4: That's that's that's unfortunately his his what the city has done repeatedly, and it's tops take notice of it. You wonder why we have trouble recruiting. You wonder why we have trouble with retention. You guys are now getting twenty five years on as soon as.
Speaker 1: They're eligible to retire.
Speaker 4: They're leading because they see it, and you're to your point, you're going to treat the chief of police this way, how are they going to treat a police officer or a sergeant or a lieutenant. Nothing, nothing's off limits. Unfortunately right now with city Hall.
Speaker 1: And police take note of it, and the criminal element I think takes note of it as well, and they are exploiting. I think this a lack of leadership and the uncertainty that we have right now, and I think they go they wake up every morning knowing that if, if, if, they're going to commit crimes and do whatever it is they're going to do then the likelihood they're going to face any serious repercussions from that or slim and none. So it's not just people like me and Bill Cunningham, and I know you talked to Ken Brew yesterday who said here on the radio and talk about it. And it's not just Shari Puelo at Channel five and Mike Dartists and Tricia Mackie a Channel nineteen that did sit around and talk about it. The criminal element, I think, looks at this and responds in the way that they respond to these sorts of things, knowing that they know they've got a giant, a giant window of opportunity here to do what they do, and that's exactly what they're doing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and let me make this point too, Removing Chief Fiji from office and putting someone else's the chief is not going to stop any of this. It's just not until we have a mayor that will either leave the police department alone and let whoever's in charge run it the way they see fit, or you get a new mayor, this is going to continue. I hope people understand that that just removing the police chief is not going to fix crime. It's just not things are going to continue as long as we have the problems that we have until they're fixed, doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: You can make whoever you want the police chief, it's not going to matter. I saw where the help that was offered by the governor, the Ohio State Patrol coming in to augment Cincinnati police, and what you do I see that that has been bumped up to four days a month. Now do you have a sense that we may see assets from the Ohio State Patrol being used in and around Cincinnati more than four days a month anytime soon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's a decision for city hall. I mean, who knows. I understand that they're going to do so.
Speaker 1: It helps, So doesn't it It helps having those guys around, does it not?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 4: Sure, anytime you have a force multiplier, and it's been proven. That's why the mayor wants more people on Fountain Square. That's why they want more visibility, because it's been proven that if you were more visible, it will at least slow down crime.
Speaker 1: So I don't know where they're at with this.
Speaker 4: I certainly hope that they start making decisions that are in the best interest of the people that live in the city so we can have a safe, vibrant place to be.
Speaker 1: Able to live. And then you've come down here, Ken Kober. Before I let you go, I got to ask you about this. I saw a video on my social media feed this morning of two Cincinnati police officers on a bicycle built for two on patrol. Tell me that was a fake video. Tell me that AI great? Tell me is it AI a wonderful thing? Tell me we don't have Cincinnati police officers riding around tandem bicycles patrolling Abdale and more.
Speaker 4: There are some fantastic people that can do some incredible things with AI that that certainly.
Speaker 1: Is very very joable to laugh at all. Right, Well, thank god that Thank god that's not happening, or else we really would be laughing stock. Ken Cober. I appreciate the work you do, man, and appreciate all the time you spend with people like me and on the media, and you're doing a great job. And keep up the great work. And thanks for being here on seven hundred WLW. Really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 1: Thanks for having me, Dan, have a great weekend.
Speaker 5: All right, there you go, Ken Cober, the head of the FOP in Cincinnati, and I always love having that guy on twelve fifty five Dan Carroll for Bill Cunningham on seven hundred WLW seven hundred W.
Speaker 1: L W Dan Carroll for the great American Bill Cunningham and always always great to welcome in. My next guest, one of my all time favorites, maybe my all time favorite guests, my buddy from Power of the Future, Daniel Turner. And Daniel Turner, it's great to have you on the show again.
Speaker 6: How you doing today, Oh, it is great to be almost you. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Thank you. About four or five days ago, I gave you an assignment, and it has to do it has to do with something called the Trump Out for International Peace and Prosperity. Probably not the sexiest thing we could talk about, but I read this article and I sent it to you, and I was blown away by this because so many times I've heard people talk about Trump and how he thinks so far ahead, He's thinking multiple moves ahead of other individuals around the world, other world leaders, especially our enemies. And when I look at what was laid out in this article about how oil is going to move from the city of Cars in Turkey to the port city of Baku and Azerbaijan and I know that was a war that he settled between Azerbaijan and who else now I forget who they are, Armenia, and so this deal was part of that, this Trump route for international peace and prosperity. As you looked at this and read the analysis that was provided in this piece, what uh? And I thought, you know, this is right in your wheelhouse, man, because this talks about energy, the movement of oil, undermining our enemies China, Iran and Russia in one fell swoop. And you know, now I look at what happened, uh with the with the peace deel in the Middle East. Uh. Trump is going to have a meeting with Putin in the coming days. Uh. And I'm thinking maybe this is all connected to what he did here in uh. In answer Bijohn, Yeah, it.
Speaker 6: Really seems like it. I mean, this is this is real geopolitical strategy. And I will admit as I was reading your article, I was looking at the map simultaneously. Yeah, because it is a tricky part of the world and you need to you know, you know roughly how it's situated, but you need to see the way the countries are aligned. And the point of this article is to say these are very oil rich but kind of landlocked. Yes, they're on the Caspian Sea and some are on the Black Sea, but not necessarily a port that can go around the world. They're kind of landlocked nations, and so they have these tremendous oil reserves, but they're not always able to get them to market. And who's capitalized on that is obviously Communist China. It's part of their Belt and Road initiative, is that they are desperate for oil. They import some fifteen million barrels a day because they don't have a domestic oil As big as China is, they don't have a domestic oil supply, so they're interested in this part of the world. And Russia is very interested in this part of the world because they want to keep it landlocked. They don't want their oil getting out because Russia as a petro state. Remember Russia is a part of OPEK. Although it's not eighty eighty five percent of their economy like it is in the Saudi Arabia or Oman or et cetera, but it is thirty five forty percent of their economy is oil and gas sales, and so Russia has no interest in seeing this part of the world develop their oil. And so this article kind of ties it all together and says, yes, President Trump is bringing world peace. Absolutely, he's trying to settle these long involved wars in this part of the world. But he's also trying to isolate Russia by increasing oil supply from these countries. He's trying to isolate China by not allowing them access to the oil, but getting this oil out to ports and around the world. And he's also isolating Iran because if they are buying oil from Azurebraijan, from Armenia, from even parts of Georgia, et cetera, well, now you are no longer buying Russia and Iranian oil, and that makes Iran poor. And when Iran's poor, countries of the world that don't get their terrorism dollars. So there's a lot of really smart geopolitics and President Trump's action in a very often ignored part of the world. Right when the Stans, the Kazakhstan, Bijan, that whole area with Putin wants it all back, of course as part of Mother Russia, but they are independent countries and they have the potential to be huge American allies.
Speaker 1: But I have looked at Trump in a little bit of a different light over the last seven or eight or ten days since I first learned about this, And I'm thinking, you know, he is coming out, he is making all these pronouncements. He has supreme confidence in what he is able to do. I think he sounds more confident now more than ever, that he's going to be able to bring a resolution to the Russia Ukraine conflict. And I'm thinking that he knows he's got this in his back pocket. And I think this is a major reason why he's displaying that confidence and taking the bull by the horns and moving ahead on.
Speaker 6: This though, I think, and this is probably the highest comblent I could pay anybody, But I think Trump in this sense is acting an awful lot like Regae enacted when he got rid of the Soviet Union during his administration. We don't need big armies. We don't need we don't need, or I should put it this way, we don't need actual army conflict and engagement. What we need is strategy. What we need is to What we need is to bankrupt our enemies. And the way Reagan did that was yes, star Wars and yes the booming economy, and he knew Russia couldn't or the Soviet Union couldn't compete economically and eventually would lead to collapse. And I think Trump is doing the same strategy when it comes to oil. If Iran isn't producing oil, if Russia isn't able to export that oil, and if China can't import their oil, well, then those three countries, which are our biggest problem right now in geopolitics and in the world, those two countries are in bad economic shape and bad economic shape for China, Russia and Iran. Is good for America, it's good for world peace, it's good for Israel. Uh, it is just good for the world order. So I think the strategy there is incredibly reagan Esque. He will never get credit for it. Maybe our grandchildren will look back at this period and say, wow, that guy was really darn smart. But but remember tomorrow is the No King's Rally. I'll be there and streaming about no kings, right, I mean, so that's what we're dealing right, We're dealing with all these aged hippies.
Speaker 1: I love I love it because the commentary I've seen on that talks about if if we have a king, then you wouldn't be able to have that rally. So I think the fact that they're that they're actually having this rally and putting it out and advertising it the way they are undermines their own message that that we that we have a king that doesn't allow people to exercise their freedoms in this country.
Speaker 6: Exactly, if we had a king, there would be no government shutdown right now, right And that's that's the problem, and and that's why next we you can guarantee that there will be a vote on ending to shutdown, and the Republicans have mentioned messaged on this. I think pretty effectively they have to get through No King's rally because this is the enthusiastic base of the Democrat Party, right. It is the crazy activist left, whether it's screaming about climate change, which we must have solved, because no one protests. We want the whole summer dan. I didn't see one person lay in traffic. I didn't see anyone blocking airport. No one protested for climate change, so it must be solved or either that or killed the Jews is a more popular rallying cry of the same crowd. So they've taken off their climate change t shirt, they put on their pro Palestine T shirt and now tomorrow they'll change that T shirt for the.
Speaker 3: No Kings rally.
Speaker 6: Regardless, they also have a BLM T shirt in their closet, they have an Occupy Wall Street T shirt in their closet. But regardless, this is the base of the Democrat Party and so the shutdown crowded them. They need their enthusiasm, they need their door knockers, they need their their money. So yeah, the shutdown and No Kings is deeply, deeply tied.
Speaker 1: Okay, exactly, that's hilarious that you brought that up. I'm sure you're sorry to see. And what a surprise this is is that the the organization that Stacy Abrams fronted, uh has is going away, the New Georgia Projects, her nonprofit that that got two billion dollars or was in line to get two billion dollars from the Biden administration. Uh, it's amazing, Daniel Turner without that government largeess, this organization simply can't stand on its own. And so it's it's going it's going to be dissolved, I guess before she gets into any more investigations about what she did the money that they did have.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and it makes you wonder what about the children, right, that's what the that's what the organization for. Absolutely, it was for about the children in Georgia. We're all dying from climate change because people like Stacy will be the first to tell you climate change is an existential threat, and black and brown children are dying quicker than anyone else. And we're just supposed to believe this nonsense. And that's why we cut them two billion dollar checks so that Stacey can put on a conference, pay yourself a few million dollars, have some beautiful office space, and no one ever addresses any issue. A Secretary of State, Rubio pointed out when he closed USAID that ninety cents of every dollar USAID was giving out went to overhead. So all these people who are saying this is saving children in Africa from HIV, no, ninety cents of it went from when to you idiots who have fancy offices in DC, who had cocktail parties in Georgetown, who held a fundraiser or an event at the Four Seasons, like all the climate conferences. You know what we should do, Dan, Let's gather with ten thousand of our closest friends and we'll choose Hilton Head and we'll all get the presidential suite and we'll drink champagne and we'll talk about this for fifteen days. Right, that's where all the money goes. And so yes, Stacy Abrams her two billion dollars. It wasn't about the climate, it wasn't about the children, it wasn't about anything. It was about making people like Stacey rich off of the government teat and I hope they continue to prosecute and go after her like they are doing Letitia James, I, these corrupt people need to be brought down. I'm thrown in jails. My one disappointment with Trump administration. We have not seen nearly enough arrests. I was happy to see, you know, Comy indicted, but I need that to triple and quadruple and quintuple before I'm happy with the justice we're getting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Comy. And now you've got John Bolton who's just got indicted the other day for his handling of classified documents. So well, yeah, Trump Trump is little little bit of a fire under Pambondi and cash matel So we'll see, we'll see what happens with that. Let me ask you, let me ask you about this, uh what they're in in your home state of Virginia. You've got the Jay Jones, this attorney general who fantasized about the children of his political opponent dying in their mother's arms. He's, I guess he apparently apologized for this, and he uses this term he said he you know, he's was disgusted by it, and he's he said, quote, I was held accountable by my party, and I deeply respect that. So is that is? Is that the kind of leadership that that you wanted? Virginia? Where you have this guy who fantasizes about the murder of his political opponent and then says, I was held accountable by my own party and I respect, I respect the accountability to which they held me. What kind of apology is that? Well, what I mean is does anyone taking this guy seriously?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 6: Is that wrong? Are you not supposed to say that about children?
Speaker 1: I just I don't know the rules anymore In democrats circles that sort of thing is not frowned upon. That that is a fact that.
Speaker 2: I just put on social media a couple of hours ago.
Speaker 6: That famous scene from Steinfeld, what George Castans is called sleeping with the cleaning lady, and he says, was that wrong?
Speaker 3: I did not know.
Speaker 2: If anyone had told me I can't.
Speaker 6: Fantasize about killing children, I never would have done it. Yeah, this is where we are that Jay Jones gets to say, hey, you know I we all make mistakes. And look, we have all said, oh, I hope that guy dies. Oh I hope you get hit by a bus.
Speaker 3: That is very different.
Speaker 6: That is, that is very different from saying I hope that that that woman has to cradle her dead children's bodies. And it's also wrong for people to say those things and want public office. It's even stranger when he's running to be attorney general. Right, this is the man who's in charge of enforcing Virginia's laws. And in that same text thread which has obviously been a huge scandal statewide, but he also justifies it by saying until you feel personal pain, you do not move on policy. I mean that is I think Hitler had that same mentality, right, Like they'll they'll comply once enough of them are dead.
Speaker 1: Well, the mob, you know, the the UH and you know they all have.
Speaker 6: Going on the same thing. Just think about that, until you feel personal pain, you will not move on policy. Wow, that's that is absolute insanity. And the fact that this guy saves face that he just says, well, hey, look, we all make mistakes. I'm sorry. I asked for forgiveness. Let's move on from that. You know, there is no moving on from that. We just need to go back to twenty sixteen when our beloved president ten years prior had made some really crass comments about women and he was caught on the Access Hollywood tape. And ten years later, as he's running for office a couple of weeks before the election, that that audio went out and every guy knew that that was just idiot guy locker room banter, but that almost brought down his campaign. And then that was not saying I want Hillary Clinton's children dead in her arms. This is a guy saying, ah, women blah blah.
Speaker 3: Was it stupid?
Speaker 6: Of course it was. Every guy talks like that. But the comparison though, of what Jay Jones saying, I want that woman to hold her children dead in her arms.
Speaker 3: Whoa.
Speaker 6: And this is where we are. We just have to accept it because they're Democrats and they love violence and they get away with it.
Speaker 1: And I read those text messages. The person he's text messaging with has admonished him before for texting in such ways, so this is not the first time that he engaged in this sort of Also there in Virginia, win some seers just put out some devastating campaign ads against Abigail Spamburger and and the latest polls I've seen shows that her lead is slipping and and she she may not win it, maybe win some seers. What what's that?
Speaker 6: It's neck and neck in Virginia. I mean, the problem was why I hate all these silly voting rules is that early turn early voting. You know, people casted their vote a month ago and and then all this break. And that's why you don't cast your vote a month early, because you don't know what's going to come out. And this is not the campaign holding onto secret information for an October surprise. This is stuff that other people have put into the into the eater. So so that could be the downfall is that enough people just voted early to get it out of the way, and then they find out what a monster Abigail Spaanburger is. And she is a monster.
Speaker 1: She supports you, Lisa, I can realize you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she supports transitioning your children without parental consent. She supports confiscating your children if you don't recognize their their preferred gender, et cetera. This, this woman is an absolute monster of a human being. But you know the way Jay Jones is hiding behind being young and black, Abby Gail Spenberger is hiding behind being blonde and pretty. And we're just supposed to pretend that these aren't absolute monster people who are desperate for power to lord over you. So got to say some prayers for Virginia, same with New Jersey, because a lot is on the line with these gubernatorial elections.
Speaker 1: Daniel Turner so much I want to talk to you about. But in about the minute we have left, you've got Kamala Harris out there now, who whose book tour goes on without end it appears, and now is saying Now she is saying that people are saying that she was the most qualified candidate ever ever ever to run for the president. Did those words ever escape your lips? Did those words ever come out of your mouth or anybody that you know?
Speaker 6: I just pray to God one day I will have the self worth that Kamala Harris has of herself, that She never looks at herself and says, you know what, maybe I didn't know what I was doing. Maybe this was bigger, more than I could chew, et cetera. It is remarkable that she looks at herself and it's so impressed when she literally has a career of absolutely no accomplishments whatsoever. So God, lover, I wish I could be as confident.
Speaker 1: Daniel Turner, Power the future. You are the absolute best man. I appreciate the time, especially on this Friday afternoon. I have a great weekend, my friend, and we'll do it again before too long. No Kangs, no King, No Kang's channing it all weekend long, Bengals win and no Kings. It's a great weekend Daniel Turner. We'll talk to you again soon, my friend. Thanks bro. All right. On seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: Three, defensive backs begin retreating about thirty yards down the field. Three seconds left, the Steelers sixty yards from the end zone. Rogers catches the shotgun. Snap now, he'll run around, allow his receivers to get downfield, and.
Speaker 5: He launches it into the end zone and.
Speaker 8: It is broken up incomplete, knocked the way by Djivy and the Bengals have knocked out the Steelers on Thursday night by the final score of thirty three to thirty one. The AFC North gets tighter and the Bengals out look gets brighter with a tremendous closing finish and a game.
Speaker 7: Winning field goal with seven seconds to go.
Speaker 6: Hello quiet, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: Guy, so Sega.
Speaker 5: The NFL just called Dave Lapham. Do not say coffin nails, so they think they're not going to give the Bengals that win.
Speaker 1: I how do we know the Bengals won. You gotta have nails, have to hack coffin nails. Bam bam bam.
Speaker 5: Right, I don't know. I don't know what happened there, Dave Lapham. Maybe maybe they call them up. That's that's like the Reds winning a game and ill left.
Speaker 9: Hander Bengals beat the Steelers two division wins, two and zero in the division. That could be a factor if the season progresses up. Called bam, bam bam.
Speaker 5: Okay, now it's official.
Speaker 1: Thirty three, thirty one.
Speaker 5: Now it's official.
Speaker 8: There we go.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now, everybody everybody's happy. Lap is a pro. It's it's you know, it's like I remember one game. I was listening to Marty and there was one game I remember him forgetting to say, and this one belongs to the Reds.
Speaker 5: It's not right.
Speaker 1: And I'm thinking, wait a minute, Marty, come on, man, So I think one game I remember him not saying that.
Speaker 5: That's when he was he was getting older.
Speaker 1: Then, how about Al Michaels last night, though unbelievable, reminiscing about his time in Cincinnati. Great they showed. I guess he's got a little display now with over there at the Reds Museum, of course. And then Kirk herbs Street talks about how he grew up listening to Marty and Joe on the radio. Yep.
Speaker 5: And I guess people were mad that. I guess Kirkhurve Street was throwing the ball to his dog in the hallway late at night here in towns. So they they, I don't know what's wrong with that. I don't know. Just leave the dog alone. The dog was having fun. Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: The long hallway, what what hotel?
Speaker 5: No idea? The hallway looked like it ran from here to here to Norwood.
Speaker 1: As longer than the hallways we have around here.
Speaker 5: You're not kidding.
Speaker 1: I mean that dog that dog was beating it, beating it down the hallway, grabbing the ball in the coming back.
Speaker 5: People just got they complain about everything.
Speaker 1: The dog was having fun. It looked like a nice.
Speaker 5: Dog, Dan Carrol, The Stoots Report us a proud service every local Temestar heating and air conditioning dealers Tamestar quality. You can feel a Northern Kentucky called Johnson Heating and Cooling eight five nine four seven two sixty fifty one. What thank you, Roxy, And we also want to thank Lear's Prime Market.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 5: Look their deluxe deli with their sandwiches today located in beautiful downtown Milford, Learsprime dot com. Lears Prime always a cut above. Yes, and Dan, it's not too early, too early for what Christmas time?
Speaker 1: No, no way.
Speaker 5: Wis tree program is underway celebrating forty one years. If you want to, if you want a tree five one three, eight five two, eighteen ninety five to help out the community this year.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, if it's something good like that, I'll go for it.
Speaker 5: They already got they already got Santa clauses at certain stores, don't they They don't care. They I think they've passed.
Speaker 1: We haven't even had.
Speaker 5: I think they've had Halloween up since fourth of July.
Speaker 1: Is is that your Is that your Halloween costume that you have on right there?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: As a pumpkin.
Speaker 5: This year Bengals up. They brought to you by Good Spirits and Party Town with thirteen locations in northern Kentucky. Of courses, you heard there, thirty three, thirty one winners last night. Everybody's feeling good. The losing streak is done, three and four, two and oh in the division. Joe Flacco, thank you, Cleveland, thank you. They are melting down to Jamar Chase with a franchise record sixteen receptions. Now, don't you think they'd throw to he'd be the number one guy they throw to?
Speaker 1: What Chase? Yeah? Well yeah, okay, well why not? Uh he's got he's got a number one on his jersey, doesn't he.
Speaker 5: Bengals have the weekend off now, they'll get back to get back to work on Monday, with that home game looming against those New York Football Jets coming up a week from this Sunday. Joe Burrow on the sidelines last night, looking good, saw Joe Burrow. He's a haircut down. Look you look good when he had a hat on and it needs a haircut. The pictures of him without a hat on does not look that great. So he has suffered no setbacks in his foot surgery, and the NFL network says he's definitely going to return in mid December. He should get a sponsorship in great clips or something like that. I don't go ahead and get it good, get your haircut. Let's se high school football all across the action all across the tri state tonight.
Speaker 1: Ohadi pocket like that for his next modeling gig.
Speaker 5: Maybe he might not be able to get the helmet on if he keeps growing. That's how we'll be able to see. That's how they do it in Europe or something. Report. Let's see six o'clock with the high school football tonight show ESPN fifteen thirty, Fox Sports thirteen sixty.
Speaker 1: What's a big what's a big high school football game this weekend? Seg and what do we got here? Let's see park? Who's the park?
Speaker 5: Sat X in Cleveland? Saint Nations tonight up north. I'm told Saint Nacius isn't that good anymore. Indian Hill takes on the park tonight. Indi Hill in the Park Hamilton and Middletown Battle of Butler County. Right there. Doesn't getty better than that, does it?
Speaker 1: Blue?
Speaker 5: Let's see uh. Tomorrow twenty fourth ranks. Cincinnata Bearcats at Oklahoma State. It's seven here on seven hundred WLW. Eastern Michigan visits Miami. The RedHawks are riding three game win streak. Let's go number one Ohio State at Minnesota Michigan State.
Speaker 1: That'll be at below up.
Speaker 5: Michigan State up against number three Indiana. Indiana's good Butler and the Dayton Flyers at home of Mike McConnell and Texas and Kentucky at five on ESPN fifteen thirty. Texas at Kentucky. No, it's a I think they go to Kentucky. They go to Texas, they go to Texas. Exhibition basketball tonight, Bearcats at Michigan at six o'clock. Tomorrow exhibition play at the Sins Cintas Center. Xavier and Murray State the home of the Racers. Two o'clock with the action right here on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: They're going to be Joe and Byron Larkin.
Speaker 5: MLS Soccer Tomorrow night at FC Cincinnati hosting c F Montreal regular season finale five point thirty on Fox Sports thirteen to sixty. The game result will determine FCC's final seed in the playoffs and who they'll face in that first round.
Speaker 1: So they're already, they're already in the playoffs, right, they have been for like a month? Do they get a home game they play with?
Speaker 5: I would assume so, yes?
Speaker 1: You ever been there? That's a nice tam.
Speaker 5: I've never been there yet. I gotta get out there when that stadium is I don't go. I don't get out too much. Baseball the Dodgers and Brewers tonight in LA at eight thirty. That could could end as LA's up there three games to nil. The ALCS is tied to tow after Now the Toronto Blue Jays got better bats and they have beaten the Mariners last night. So Game five tonight at six in the Great Northwest. Let's see what else.
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Also in baseball, uh, there are reports the Phillies are expected to trade or release Nick Castianos. And how about this, I.
Speaker 1: Don't think we need him back here in Cincinnati.
Speaker 5: Di talks between the Tigers and their pitching star Tariq Schoobul have taken an unexpected turn. The New York Post says the gap and negotiations between him and the team is nearly two hundred and fifty million dollars.
Speaker 1: They're only they're only two hundred and fifty million dollars apart.
Speaker 5: I'm sure they'll have the I'm sure they'll have an agreement. Find you just got a weekend. They just got a paper that over.
Speaker 1: It's a quarter a quarter of a billion dollars a wart okay, unbelievable, Andy Mack. What kind of money are they talking about?
Speaker 5: I guess he wants the big dough or he's moving. Probably he's probably gonna go the Yankees. Didn't everybody else go there?
Speaker 1: As he as he said Yet it's not about the money, as he said that.
Speaker 5: Yet, No thirteen and six or a two twenty one era and thirteen and six yep, and he wants two hundred and fifty MILLI more. Well, that's the difference between how much, well how much are they willing the fan? The current record is starting pitcher Yoshi Yamamoto the Dodgers at three hundred and twenty five mil.
Speaker 1: Three hundred and twenty five million to.
Speaker 5: Pitch every five days. So he probably a bad rate. Three hundred and twenty five million. EASYHL hockey there, Daniel, Our beloved Cyclones open up their season tomorrow night up against Wheeling and those four to zero unbeaten Miami RedHawks and college hockey will take on linden Wood. And we got results from the Ohio Girls Tennis Attorney and beautiful Mason and Linda Tennis Center.
Speaker 1: I didn't know this is tennis season right now.
Speaker 5: The tennis state state championship.
Speaker 1: How about that?
Speaker 5: Mason's Adriana Moreno and Savanni Ready are the Division one double state champs. They beat their teammates, so Mason.
Speaker 1: So they had to play their teammates in the final.
Speaker 5: Mason goes one two in the Division one double. So congratulations lady.
Speaker 1: So when when will they be here for this dude Tree.
Speaker 5: Probably some next week. Well he didn't get back till Thursday.
Speaker 1: I love it. I love him. When when you have in the state champs for the Studge Report, the kid did the kids love answering all those questions? You know, who's the who's the secretary of State of Ohio?
Speaker 5: I don't know, not that one. Well, I'm just saying he just kind of mentions the governor and all that stuff. Yeah, capital of this and capital of that. And who's the Attorney General of the United States? Oh that's at Pam BONDI yeah.
Speaker 1: The kid. The kids love it though when they come here, don't you. Yep? How about how about J. D. Pritzker. You know he is the governor of Illinois. Yeah, filed his tax returns. Him and his wife made over ten million dollars last year. Nice And what one sort one uh source of their income though, was they reported one point four million dollars in winnings when he was playing blackjack in Las Vegas.
Speaker 5: Nice that that's an example for the rest of us.
Speaker 1: One point four million dollars he said, He said, I just had a lucky night. Oh, I guess so you ever had? You ever had a night that lucky at the Nobles seg.
Speaker 5: I don't think I'd be sitting here at one.
Speaker 1: Point four million dollars. How much money do you got to be laying down per hand?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 1: To win one point four million dollars in a single night.
Speaker 5: Of blackjack pretty probably more than what he won.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 5: I hope that was his own money instead of the state or he's going to the joint like the other guy did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's just saying, hey, I just got.
Speaker 5: Lucky one point four million dollars. Every Yellinois governor has been a crusk.
Speaker 1: His family's already rich. He look, you want to go to Las Vegas and gamble, I don't care do it, but one point four million. Don't tell me you just got lucky.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good, not bad. When I was at nineteen, we used to have Hugs come in and he would record the Coaches Show. Oh boy, he came in one night and I guess he had just gotten back from from Vegas on a recruiting trip. And he walks into this casino and he walks through the high roller area and he says, Michael Jordan is sitting there playing blackjack, sitting He's at a table by himself. Nice and Jordan says, come on, Huggs, come and sit down, play a few hands. He says, I look over at Jordan. He says. He says, he's playing playing like four hands of blackjack, and he's betting like one hundred and fifty grand on every single hand.
Speaker 5: What happens to you all the time, right when you go to Miami Valley gaming or something.
Speaker 1: I said. I said, did you play a few hands? He's like now, he said, I had a little watched little too rich for my blood mercy. Michael Michael Jordan, Hey Huggs, come on, sit down, play a little black jack.
Speaker 5: Hope twenty one comes up a few times.
Speaker 1: Frisker one point four million. I just got lucky, nice, I just got lucky, all right, seg we got to get out of the Stude's Report.
Speaker 5: Dan Eril, in honor of who Dai Nation and those Bengals.
Speaker 1: How about those thirsday start rolling.
Speaker 5: We leave you with the immortal words of the Stooge Report eleven.
Speaker 1: That's all I gotta say. Brother, he was open all night, Yes he was. I could stand to watch that. I could stand to watch the bromance between Flaco and Chase for the next eight or nine or ten or twelve games. Just throw it to him all day. On seven hundred WLW seven hundred W l W two O nine, Dan Carroll in for Bill Cunningham, the Great American taking a few days off. I get to do the show next next to this, coming to Monday and Tuesday. So I'm looking forward to that. Glad to be here. Glad you are here as well. Always glad to welcome in Greg Rabbito. He is an independent filmmaker. And Greg, it's great to have you back on the show. How you doing today?
Speaker 3: I'm doing great, Dan, How are you doing?
Speaker 1: I'm great. I love the stuff you put up on your blog. And this is a question I was asking myself after the after the the the peace announcement that Trump came out with last week. So where are those who were calling for the free Palestine? Where are those who were calling for the ceasefire? Where are those who we're talking about Trump is only in this for himself and doesn't really give a damn about the American people. Where are all those people today?
Speaker 10: Yeah, That's exactly what went through my mind. And it started making me thinking, Okay, if we were taking it at their word, they were saying, how the name thrust the name? Their main reason for being was to get a seat fire.
Speaker 3: Well you got a seat fire, got to.
Speaker 10: So now you think to be right, you think to beat jubilation and victory and marches and and and I don't even mind if.
Speaker 2: They took partial credit.
Speaker 3: They could have march and say, you know, Trump did this in part because we made.
Speaker 10: So much noise, and so victory is ours and you all did great and you.
Speaker 2: Should be proud. We got these fire nothing zip crickets.
Speaker 1: Lincoln took credit.
Speaker 2: What well, A.
Speaker 10: They have a lot of time on their hands, and it is amazing how much stuff you can do when you're at the beach for fifty five percent of your administration. He proved it, baby sitting there with speedos and Jill moving his chair for him. It's amazing freeze up his mind to solve the world's problems. So what made me thinking, Okay, then maybe you're really just Prohoman and anti anti Israel, anti Semi and pro Hamas.
Speaker 3: And where are they now?
Speaker 2: Well, let's see.
Speaker 3: Some of them may have gone to Portland to do the nude bicyclists protests.
Speaker 10: Some of them, I'm sure put on their armor and helmets and masks and said, who Antifa doesn't exist, Hey, could you pass into that Antifa flag? And then I'm sure some of them went ahead and got all excited because they're going to do the No Kings rally, whatever that may mean.
Speaker 3: It's time again. We just had a no Kings. How many times do they have to do the no kings.
Speaker 10: I would think they could pick other members of the royalty just to spice things up, but no kings. Certainly, Apparently we're not going to see a no Queen's Day guests.
Speaker 3: We'll see a no King's rally. That's my guess where they're going.
Speaker 10: And then I'm sure they're cooking up for maybe the end of the semester on campuses or summer, or maybe they're really looking towards next fall to hit the elite universities again.
Speaker 3: You know that as well as I do, And they'll find another.
Speaker 10: Caut what'll happen. What'll happen is the Hamasa course is not disarming and shooting Palestinians. So where is the rally to against Tama saying pre Palestine, save Palestinians from Pamath.
Speaker 3: I don't hear anything from that either.
Speaker 1: Well, I saw that video and I had to look twice to make sure I was seeing what was going on there. And they said these individuals were collaborating with Israel, and so there were summary executions on the street. You know, they civilized people do that all the time. They just put a blindfold on the people they accused of wrongdoing and make them kneel down on the street and then it discharge in AK forty seven behind their head so they can blow them, so they can blow their heads off. And of course I'm sure maybe I missed it, but I'm sure ilhan Omar, I'm sure that AOC, I'm sure Jasmine Crockett and Rashida Talib were out front and condemning these actions on behalf of Hamas. You saw that, didn't you?
Speaker 10: Well I didn't because they were a little busy, still apt for the fifth judge the sixth appeal and what are we up to about three quarters of a million dollars in terms of the due process for a Brago Garcia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're very hard critic.
Speaker 10: You're they're too they're too busy, and AOC is too busy holding national seeing in events with uncle Bernie Sanders and denying that she wants to run for Senate and Schumer's seat, and just cannot believe it's.
Speaker 2: Like kinds of blank.
Speaker 3: I'm shocked you'd ask me that question.
Speaker 10: I'm just here because I have a lot of time, and I'm a congress woman.
Speaker 3: Uh the Senate? What Senate?
Speaker 2: Who's senate?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 10: Unbelievable, but that's where we are.
Speaker 1: Isn't she busy appointing herself the leader of the Democrat Party these days? Isn't she? If you want to be trying to fill that void.
Speaker 10: If you want to negotiate, or if you want to come by my office? She said, And then when the Speaker Johnson called her on it, she.
Speaker 3: Said, what again? Who office?
Speaker 2: Who?
Speaker 3: Who said that? Who said that? I know, I'm busy. I've got to make a call from Bernie.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 10: It's so it's unbelievable, but look they're excited. Uh, and we know the energy is there on the We.
Speaker 3: Keep saying far left or extremist. Let's just say what it is.
Speaker 10: It's the Democratic Party and the folks that are moderate.
Speaker 3: John Senterman's of the world.
Speaker 10: The other people, they're not the party, right, It's not Pelosi, it's not Biden, it's it's not Jill, it's not Comma. For goodness sakes, I don't know where her mind is that she has. I know what she's doing these days. I guess she's just wine splits her and books tour. It's this is the party, and that's where the energy is, that's where the money is. And so let's see after Mom Donnie wins, because he probably will win, let's see how badly or how quickly he runs New York City into the ground even more Unfortunately, Well.
Speaker 1: They've all come out. They've endorsed Mom Donnie, that this attorney general in in in the Virginia who you will j Yeah, I wanted to see. He wanted to see his political rival shot in the head and have his children die in their mother's arms. They've all come Yeah. No one has condemned him, he said. He said, he apologized, and he was he was reprimanded by his own party, and he was very proud of that. So apparently he's had he's had to face the punishment of his own party because of the text messages. He said, way the Democrats were.
Speaker 10: The punishment of his own party. They sent him to bed one time without without this art, and then they apologized in the morning and they gave him the cake that he didn't eat the night before. You know what actually happened. And I was I was digging on this a little bit, digging this up, and I had one of our crew too working on it. Where he didn't actually apologize initially. In fact, he doubled down initially his colleague that said, you know, word the effect of Jay. It makes me very uncomfortable when you start talking like that. I know you don't mean that, meaning the two bullets to the head of Todd Gilbert, who had the egregious audacity and sin just to simply not agree with him. So two books to his head Hitler Paupa and of course Todd Gilbert, the Republican state speaker in Virginia. And after she said that, he went back and said no, no, And then he said, oh, and Jennifer, by the way, he knew these people personally, he worked with them and lived in the State Assembly of Virginia. Jennifer Tod's wife, she should know the pain of the children dying in her arm. And then later on he says how police should be shot so then they'll know the pain and they won't commit police brutality. And in the blog I put, look, this guy shouldn't even run for like taking tolls at the toe booth if they still do that.
Speaker 3: And then I thought, well.
Speaker 10: But the Democrats are okay because an effect they're saying, well, don't worry.
Speaker 3: He's not going to do that.
Speaker 10: All he's going to do is be the you know, the attorney general, the top cop prosecutor for the entire state of Virginia. And this is apparently who the Democrats think is fit for that highest office in Virginia. How is he gonna sit seriously with like a family or victims of a crime? Ago, I know how you say I relate to I'll go to back for you. And they're going to be thinking, dude, I don't know. I don't know where your line of right and wrong is, because is in your heart is not exactly law.
Speaker 1: And order, Greg Revenue. Every time we see a little bit of the curtain revealed when it comes to the left or leading Democrats in this country, it's always something vile like this. It's always something that's it's the worst sort of behavior and the worst sort of speech you can imagine. And they're always the ones out there who are talking about that. You know, they're the ones out who they don't hesitate to call Trump hitler, they don't hesitate to call him a fascist or a Nazi. But when you see the kind of thing that they really talk to each other about, the kind of conversation they engage in, it's always this kind of stuff and it happens on a local level around here in Cincinnati, and we see it on the national level like this all the time, and.
Speaker 10: There's no What I would say too, that I've been arguing for quite some time is I don't see any truly serious, fully formed of mature adults on the left. I mean, Fetterman has come quite a long ways, and he makes sense on a number of things, but he's one guy and he doesn't have a whole lot of leverage right now. But for the vast majority, I just don't see serious adults saying no, that's not how we do things. What I see is just the old you know, Bob and weave of you know, trying to split the difference. Because what they really want, let's face it is, and they don't care how they get it, is the power.
Speaker 3: And the seats.
Speaker 10: And what's ironic is once they get this power in seats, either they have no policy ideas or like mom, Donnie, just give everybody free stuff until you run the entire city into the ground and rack up more billions of debt. And because you know, we know socialism and Marxism has worked so many times through our history, why not keep truck going back and saying no, no, no, this will be the place that works. So I'm astonished by that, but I'm disappointed.
Speaker 3: I hoped for more.
Speaker 10: But to your point, which I think is spot on, as every time we see the curtain pull back, there's left curtain. And this is truly when we see the transparency, and this apparently is okay in the party.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: They made a folk hero out.
Speaker 10: Of Luigi Mangioni, who being heroic. I get too many on the life. Now is what walking up to a husband and a father and shooting him in the back in broad daylight as a coward because you're upset about insurance rates, or putting bullets.
Speaker 3: In a rifle and killing a husband and a.
Speaker 10: Father because you didn't agree with this person.
Speaker 3: Something. Yeah, I guess you can't use your words. I guess they can't use words.
Speaker 10: I guess they'd just either, yeah, use rhetoric or bullets.
Speaker 1: Here's another example of how brazen they are. This there's a mother in Wisconsin who took her eight year old daughter to a farmer's market an Oskosh. The Democrat Party was operating a booth there and they're handing out you know, those those little rubber bracelets that people like to wear. So so a volunteer leans over and hands her eight year old daughter a bracelet, and she shows up to her mom, and her mom looks at the bracelet reads is he dead yet?
Speaker 5: Which is is he dead yet? A reference to Trump? This is what the Democrat party? This is the local.
Speaker 1: Democrat party at a farmer's market, and an eight year old kid handing out bracelets like this. So to try to claim that these are isolated incidents or that you know, you can't control everyone in your party, No, it's it's across the spectrum. It I mean, it really is, and it's it's more brazen and more blatant. And we see the hypocrisy again on the left, as you point out in your piece talking about how even though Trump is trying to bring peace to the million, but do we know if the twenty point plan is going to work? I don't know. So far it looks like it's working. But is it but just the idea that he would try to do that not worthy of any respect, not worthy of any recognition, just worthy of calling him again a fascist and hitler again. You can't tell me that it's it's just it's you know, it's it's just one of those things, though, this is what they stand for.
Speaker 10: Well, you know, extremism and irrationality and hatred is a contagion and it's spread and when it finds a host, it spreads like crazy unless it is literally destroyed. And the few people in the Left that you think are in leadership positions that should show the maturity and should show that I'm a fully formed adult and this is wrong and these aren't the values. They either are so scared they're going to lose their seat like Schumer, or they don't have the leverage like Fetterman, or they simply just again intimidated by the energy and the outrage of their wing of the party, they just step aside. And the contagion, to your point, it just builds and it doesn't become just isolated incidents.
Speaker 3: And look, many years.
Speaker 10: Ago I was, I grew up in a Democratic Party household, and that party, that party is long gone. I don't know if it's ever going to come back or resuscitate, but it is long gone. It's from everything I can see, and it's right now it's the DSA, the Democrat Socialist of America and that's where the money is, that's where the energy is on the left, and apparently that's where the normalizing political.
Speaker 3: Violence, or at least not condemning it.
Speaker 10: And if you tolerate something, you don't condemn it, you tolerate it, it grows, you give life to it.
Speaker 3: And this is what we're seeing.
Speaker 10: And it's very dangerous because I don't know who would be immune right from political violence, and I don't know who would And at some point they're going to eat their own, like every movement like that does, because the next one isn't extreme as you, and the one behind you thinks you're not as extreme as him, and so once it goes, it eats everything like a virus. And so that's a strong concern right now. How can you have a work in democracy when you seem like you tolerate either political violence and thought and political violence and deeds.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll be watching the media coverage of the note King's protests that we're going to have across the country this week, and I fully expect to see signs out there that read we are all Hamas. So those oh, absolutely, yeah, those signs will definitely make an appearance, and we'll see we'll see what kind of coverage that gets from the media.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I just I'm My concern is Camille is gonna wake up next to Charles and go Charles, have.
Speaker 3: You seen no kings?
Speaker 10: Oh my goodness is happening again in the colonies and they're gonna be the poor things are going to be confused.
Speaker 1: Greg Rabbito, you're the best man Valmore Films. If people want to find out more about you, where do they do that?
Speaker 10: Yeah, Valmar Films dot com, Greg thefilmmaker dot com and please watch Stolen Babies of Spain Letters to the Pope Award winning documentaries. It's now on Amazon Prime and Fowsome TV. And would love to hear from people after they watch it, man, so we can keep doing our thing and bringing quality documentary films to people.
Speaker 3: And we appreciate what you do and having me.
Speaker 1: On, Greg, keep up the great work man, always great having you on. We'll do it again before too long.
Speaker 3: All right, take it there, there you go, All right.
Speaker 1: Greg Rabbito. Check him out at Valmar Films. Two twenty five Dan Carol for Bill Cunningham seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: Three defensive backs begin retreating about thirty yards down the field three seconds left, the Steelers sixty yards from the end zone. Rogers catches the shotgun. Snap now, He'll run around, allow his receivers to get downfield, and he launches it into the end zone and it is broken up incomplete. No knocked the way by Djivy and the Bengals have knocked out the Steelers on Thursday Night by the final score of thirty three to thirty one. The AFC North gets tighter and the Bengals outlook gets brighter with a tremendous closing finish and a game winning field goal with seven seconds to go.
Speaker 1: How about that Money Max?
Speaker 9: So many heroes in this football game, offensive, defensive, and special teams when you include Money Mack. All I can say is Bengals beat the Pittsburgh Steelers two division wins, two and zero in the division. That could be a factor as the season progresses unfold. Bam, Bam, bam, Bengals win thirty three thirty one.
Speaker 6: Oh hello, buyet and I'm spos I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: God so sega. I saw Austin Elmore, Yes, sir, walking around the hallways a little. Did he just spend the night here?
Speaker 5: Didn't he do the Bengals post game showed about I don't think so o'clock and Ricky Chinos slept here last night. He was at the game covering for serious exem and then it took him an hour and a half to get out of downtown because now the I guess the Bengals now have a new traffic system really after the games, where if you're on the one side you go west and the other side goes east. You can't like go all over the place anymore. So if you're on the west side, I don't know. I don't know how you can't go well, I have no idea, but I don't know how at all.
Speaker 1: What if you live on the east side and park on the west side, I don't know if you live on the west side and park on the east side.
Speaker 5: I don't have all the configurations of the deal. But it said it took him he had to go. He usually goes some way up to like uh here there and then Freeman Avenue and then comes up through downtown. But last night he had to go through I guess the Great American Ballpark and through that way hour and a half to.
Speaker 1: Get here after the game.
Speaker 5: That doesn't sound very well, I mean, but everybody was staying until the end.
Speaker 1: Well, sure nobody left. Well, the game of the game wasn't over until there was.
Speaker 5: So he was what he was here in the iHeart Hotel suite aka couch. Who's got a couch right across from KRC over there, Okay, and Carol the Stooge reporters and out service, every local tame Star heating and air conditioning dealers Tamestar quality you could feel in beautiful Southeastern Indiana called Joe exstein at x Tein Heating and Coolie at eight one two nine three two twenty twenty six sports Dan. Of course, the Bengals win it yesterday last night, go to three and four two and oh now in the division. They got the weekend off home game a week from Sunday, up against those New York Football Jets. Let's see Jet stink take it easy now they stink Bengals. The Bengals did up until last night.
Speaker 1: Moweger told me the Bengals are going to be favored against the Jets. I would hope so, I would I would hope so too.
Speaker 5: College football twenty fourth ranks Cincinnati Bearcats are on the road up against Oklahoma State Tomorrow night at seven here on seven hundred WLW Miami. The RedHawks look to extend their three game win streak, taking on Eastern Michigan. Thanks to everybody, I apologize for the Ohio State fans. They're playing Withisconsin tomorrow, not Minnesota.
Speaker 1: You said Minnesota earlier, right.
Speaker 5: But they could playno Minnesota and Wisconsin at the same time and still beat him and your your guy, Luke Fickle sent a little trouble up there in badger Lands.
Speaker 1: He's not feeling too comfortable as well.
Speaker 5: He will be because he's probably owed like one hundred and six trillion dollars to leave.
Speaker 1: Yeah, isn't that? Isn't that nice? I mean we should have been college football coaches.
Speaker 5: What Kurt Signetti yesterday to Kangety yesterday at Indiana got a ninety three million dollar deal for like the next eight.
Speaker 1: Years, ninety three? What's his buyouts? Everything? Everything, the whole ninety three mil fingo, you fire me, you gotta pay me.
Speaker 5: Michigan State and number three Indiana, Butler and Dayton, Texas and Kentucky and five On ESPN fifteen thirty Exhibition basketball Tonight, Bearcats at Michigan at six. Let's see tomorrow exhibition play at the Centas Center Xavier and the Races of Murray State at two. Right here on seven hundred WLW MLS soccer.
Speaker 1: Didn't Mick coach Murray State one season?
Speaker 5: Yes, FC Cincinnati your host CF Montreal in the regular season finale tomorrow night at TQL Stadium, five thirty, Fox Sports thirteen to sixty. Then FC will be onto the onder. The the Orange and Blue will be onto the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Soccer team is pretty good.
Speaker 5: Baseball LA up three games to none. Now in game four tonight at eight thirty against the Brew Crew, Uh, let's see, it's the ALCS is tied to two to two. So that game five tonight back and again once again in Seattle.
Speaker 1: Is anyone around here watching those games? I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know what kind of ratings are getting, but it's gonna get worse if they have the Dodgers and the Mariners or something, or the Dodgers in Toronto.
Speaker 1: All the West Coast stuff games won. First pitch ten ten oh five, bingo. Let's see Cyclones.
Speaker 5: Cyclones open up their EHL season tomorrow night against Wheeling, those unbeaten Miami RedHawks, in college hockey will take on linden Wood, and uh, let's see one hundred and six where is linden Wood. Some plays that way, some plays that way. One hundred and sixty days now until Red's opening day. We also say congrats to Mason's ari Ad I am, I can't well. The Mason girls won won the Division one doubles title.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, and they had to play they had to play the other girls from.
Speaker 5: Me, correct, So they won two in the state.
Speaker 1: The Mason girls A against the Mason girls B. Correct, and they were seven rackets and they all made it to they made it to the final match.
Speaker 5: So congratulations to those ladies.
Speaker 1: So who how about the how about that final? You get the parents are up there obviously watching, and you don't want to root against the girls that are on your team. That's that had to be tough, that's true.
Speaker 5: You're right. The congratulations to them state champions. Amen, that is awesome. So we'll get those ladies in here probably sometime next week after Willie gets back and congratulate him.
Speaker 1: Did they did they get a giant state Did they bring the trophies in? Do they get a giant state championship trophy? Just like the football guys doing. Oh yeah, we had we got a tennis racket on. We had kettering altar in here.
Speaker 5: The other day they won four consecutive boys state Division one golf titles.
Speaker 1: It's pretty good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, amen, I think look, what did I see? Louisville Trinity or somebody, some high school in Louisville won their twenty second overall golf title last week. Twenty two golf titles with that, I think it was Trinity or somebody, along with all the other trophies they got.
Speaker 1: That's like st Exan's women.
Speaker 5: I got a bigger trophy than Freedom Hall, bigger trophy case and Freedom Hall's got so.
Speaker 1: But that that orange shirt looks great on you man, Thank you. Where can I get one of those?
Speaker 5: Right down the hall?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, well maybe maybe when I get out of here, I'll try. I'll try and get one. I don't have, you know, I don't have. I don't have one shirt that has a seven hundred wl W logo on it. We got to remedy that for everybody. Got to remedy that. Yeah, everybody should have one. YEP, I gotta get that. That's going to get invited to some golf out. But the thing is, this is ten years old. It looks like it's brand new.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying that's because I wash it.
Speaker 1: And Tied looks good on you, brother, Yep, thank you Tied? Is that is that another sponsor for the Stuge Report?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 5: No, I used to be for the Racing Report. God bless them.
Speaker 1: So all right, Seg, thank you very much. Great to see you today, being back here Monday and Tuesday for Cunningham. So I'm looking forward to that, amen. But as for now, please get us out of the stooge reports.
Speaker 5: Dan born on this date October seventeenth, nineteen thirty eight.
Speaker 1: Oh is it somebody I know?
Speaker 5: The king of all daredevils, Evil Canevil fingo. How about that last jump King's Island fight nearly broken half jumped the greyhound busses, folks.
Speaker 1: I remember watching that when I was a kid.
Speaker 5: Bob Trump he had him on one night Fourth Street. Was unbelievable to see that man in person in studio. He had a haircut with like three feet tall and he was as thin as a pencil.
Speaker 1: Evil Canevil.
Speaker 5: I interviewed Stay one hour, Stayed Trump. He went an extra half hour with him.
Speaker 1: How about that? I interviewed his son once, Robbie.
Speaker 5: Remarkable to see that man in person.
Speaker 1: And Robbie Canevel was going to I don't know if he was actually going to recreate it, but he was going to jump some buses of King's Island. And I went up to King's Island and we stood out in the parking lot. We did an interview out there. Robbie canivel. Nobody liked him these days. Oh evil can evil man. Back in the in the seventies, Snake River was a kid with that. He went in a rocket remember that? Oh yeah, the parachute came out. The rocket went down in the canyon wide world of sports. Unbelievab ok down there? Yeah, where'd the rocket go? So he was born on this day in nineteen thirty eight. Correct, how long has he been gone?
Speaker 5: Now, he's been gone a few years. It's been a little while. Evil and evil everybody. Everybody, have a good weekend. Who Day, America. We leave you with the immortal words of the Stood Report.
Speaker 7: Next week's case handled by the Highway Patrol is a very exciting one.
Speaker 10: We hope you'll be with us until then. Remember the careless driver isn't driving his car, he's aiming it.
Speaker 5: This is Roderick Crawford saying see you next week.
Speaker 1: Say I'll see you next week. You got it on seven hundred WLW seven hundred WLW, Dan Carroll from Bill Cunningham, A few minutes left to go here. Signal ninety nine is a prolific poster on social media and put out a narrative a day or so ago that I saw last night and asked permission to read it on the air. And this is what they wrote. If you haven't seen it for yourself, you should go find it and look at it for yourself. But it's a narrative about what we've been through for the last several months here in Cincinnati, and Signal ninety nine rights people of Cincinnati deserve the truth, not the political theater that has to find Cities Hall handling a violent crime in downtown as well as all over the city. In July, when chaos erupted and made national news, the mayor and his allies dismissed the outrage as hysteria. They stood before the cameras clutching their pearls, insisting that Cincinnati was safe, while footage of assaults, open air fights, and chaos told a very different story. Governor Mike Dwine extended an unprecedented offer the full resources of the state to help restore order, highway patrol, investigative support, technology assets, tools that could have given CPD the breathing room it desperately needed. Instead of welcoming that help, city leaders arrogantly declined it. They wanted to protect their political narrative, not their citizens. By August, the pressure was too heavy to ignore. The administration quietly allowed osp to handle traffic enforcement, claiming it would free CPD to answer critical calls. Sounded like progress, but it was a partial, face saving compromise. The full package was still off the table because it would expose the depth of the crisis the city was working so hard to downplay. In September they were lented again, finally announcing they would accept the Governor's help. What they didn't tell you, but we told you here on seven hundred WLW at least on my shows that we did that. It was only two days a month. Two Then this month they stretch it the four four days out of thirty four days to fight a twenty four to seven problem. The mayor stated that the over exaggeration of violence in our city was more of a perception than a reality. Is that what the victims of these crimes say? It's a perception rather than in reality. Even worse, the mayor and city Council forced the Governor's office in multiple state agencies to sit through a lecture from Iris Rolie, a self appointed authority on the Collaborative Agreement. Rowlie, who is not the director of the agreement, because there is no director, dictated what troops and agents could and could not do in Cincinnati, as if she had legal jurisdiction over them. The Governor's office, trying to help, was forced to tolerate this circus to avoid political backlash from city Hall. It was humiliating, not for them, but for us, the city. The mayor has now turned to his next political scapegoat Police Chief Teresa Thigi. After being ordered to juggle impossible directives, appeace political activists, keeps crime stats controlled, and project confidence amid chaos, the chief is being positioned for sacrifice. It's the same cynical script, blame the police when the politics collapse. And then, of course we come to find out in the last several hours that the police chief is now lawyered up for her discussions with the city manager. So it certainly and we had Ken kober On earlier today talking about what nonsense this is to have a chief like this twisting in the wind. Why you look to cover your political behinds. What Cincinnati is witnessing isn't leadership, its manipulation. Public safety is being bartered for headlines. The mayor's office continues to mislead the public, minimize the scale of the state's assistance, and allow unelected consultants to hold sway over law enforcement operations. And to me, that is one of the biggest things unelected people who hold sway over law enforcement operations. The collaborative agreement was never meant to become a political weapon or a personal platform for self promotion. Yet here we are watching a city in crisis defend or defer, I should say to a consultant, while the governor's troopers stand down, because iris really said so. Four days a month of help, four days of help per month isn't a plan. We are stunt And as the mayor scrambles to protect his re election campaign by throwing Chief Figi under the bus, one truth remains clear. The violence continues, and we saw it last night. The spin intensifies and the people of Cincinnati are left to fend for themselves while city Hall hides behind its talking points. Vote this mayor and city Council out of office next month, and the rest of the trash will take itself out. We can start to heal as a city, clean up our city and its neighborhoods. Utilize the federal courts to start holding these violent criminals accountable, since so many of our own county judges will not. It is just time. And that is a post from Signal ninety nine, and I want to thank Signal ninety nine. I told them ahead of time I was going to read this today and I want to thank them for the permission to do so. But I don't know how you can argue with any of that. It's all the truth, and it capitalizes and summarizes in a very important way. I think what's been going on in this city. We deserve better than the political theater that is being played out right now. The police chief deserves better, the men and women who wear the uniform certainly deserve better, and the citizens of Cincinnati deserve better. I don't vote in the City of Cincinnati. But if you do, you have a responsibility. Even though you may not have been affected by the crime, we're all affected by it in some way. When you have businesses that no longer want to stay open, when you have businesses that are crying out to the city Hall for leadership pastime, to get something done. And we can only hope that the voters this time around do what needs to be done, so the people who can do the things that need to be done know that they need to do it. It is three o'clock at the Home of the Best Bengals coverage. Eddie and Rocky, you are up next. We'll see you next week on the Home of the Best Bengals coverage, seven hundred WLW