Speaker 1: There's somebody in the phone right now.
Speaker 2: Who are we talking to? Chelsea?
Speaker 1: And Chelsea, we're live on the radio right now. What did you want to ask? This is like a kind of a should I dump this guy? Is this a red flag kind of a conversation? Chelsea? What's going on?
Speaker 3: Well this past weekend? Uh, first, let me preface. I love fishing. I'm sure you all can agree fishing well.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, some people in Minnesota are just a live for fishing and some people are like dailies, like ooh worms.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I'm the former. My dad taught me how to fish when I was young. I've been ice fishing my whole life. It's one of my favorite things to do. Right, Okay, good, So this past weekend I went I ice fishing on Lake Malax with this guy that I've been seeing. Nothing super serious, but you know, just a good time.
Speaker 4: Anyway.
Speaker 3: His family has an ice house and we're having a good time. Everything was great. We're chilling watching football, drinking some beer and Okay, you know how the walleye limit is like three.
Speaker 2: I did not know that only three. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think they're yeah, they're kind of conserving a little bit. So okay, okay, yeah, okay, so we're not common knowledge to most of us, but okay three yeah.
Speaker 3: Yes, Well so it's three a day. And he caught six of them and he kept them all and that annoyed me because you know, as you said, there's a lot of people who are nuts about this, and there is a conservation effort, and that's one of the things I was taught, and it's a respect thing. So I was taught to respect the limit. And he got a little condescending and was like, do you really think that me keeping three extra walleye makes a difference? And it was just so condescending the way he said it.
Speaker 2: Could I just stop you for a second.
Speaker 1: This is the most Minnesota phone call I've ever gotten in my entire life. There was somebody complaining about ice fishing in the walleye limit. You would never hear this conversation in Kentucky. You would never hear this conversation in Oregon. But the walleye. Okay, you're on Lake Malax catching walleye. He's over his limit. Go ahead, Minnesota with your story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 3: So anyway, he was really condescending.
Speaker 4: It bothered me, and in a way, I didn't want to let it bother the rest of the trip.
Speaker 3: Obviously I love ice fishing Minnesota.
Speaker 4: Sure, yeah, anyway, I pouted for a.
Speaker 3: Little bit and then I just decided in want to let it ruin the entire trip. So I'm we ended up havingent okay time, Like he's still a good guy. Yeah, But what I'm thinking is should I even be dating a guy that has no respect for stuff like that? Like, I know it sounds really.
Speaker 2: Stupid, but is this the red flag?
Speaker 4: Is this the dumb reasons?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: But you know what you how long have you been listening to the show? And okay, so you've heard us talk to people before, like what's the dumb reason you dated? You dumped the guy we like parts his hair on the wrong side. I can't believe he parts his hair on the wrong side on that side, So is I don't think it's a dumb thing. It's a matter of like what other red flags of disrespect does he show? But at the same time, I don't know that's that's it's kind of like the rules don't apply to me.
Speaker 2: That's what I would worry about.
Speaker 5: And I think it's valid to be like a rule follower. I've always been a rule follower. I hate it when I witness other people breaking rules, and I think that is a red flag. And if you're a rule follower and you're like, hey, this is how I've been raised is to like honor this limit. That's why it's there. The limit is there for a reason, and we should follow it. And then he's like, well, rules don't apply to me, then yeah, I think if that's if rules apply to you and rules don't apply to him, then I do think that's something to be upset about.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I think it's a step up from like not putting your shopping cart back right, because that's an unwritten rule. This is a real rule that you have, like three walileye limit. But I don't think it's leaving the guy. It's so funny. I just I'm still shaking my head. We're the most Minnesota conversation ever on the Walleye limit being a red flag. Okay, you're getting a lot of text messages with some responses.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: If you just turn the radio on, she's saying, should I dump this guy? We're at late Malax over the weekend Walleye limit. You had mentioned before I talked to you. You caught your limit, so you caught your three. You stopped at three. Good for you, congratulations. So he caught six, kept him all and he's like, Wow, watch difference douction make you think in this big lake, it makes a difference. So a lot of text messages he's a toolbag. Another one says, however, if everybody took three over the limit, there wouldn't be any walle eyes left and that, and that's kind of true.
Speaker 8: Yeah, somebody wants to know is his name Brad?
Speaker 6: Don't answer that?
Speaker 7: Ye dump him?
Speaker 6: Red flag? Dumping him is crazy. I don't know.
Speaker 8: I am on the side of like it's not good because I'm a real follower too, But I would like wait to see if there's like a couple other things that come up out doesn't follow the rules first, because like this might just be like the one thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know how many rules there ought to break?
Speaker 5: Yeah, here's a list, Sydney Texan saying it says a lot about his character. He probably cuts in line at the store, he doesn't put his card away, he doesn't respect society and thinks he can do what he wants.
Speaker 6: Again, the card is an unwritten rule.
Speaker 2: I do that.
Speaker 6: I'm guilty.
Speaker 1: There's a there's an amazing amount of text messages. Who think that this is not a guy. Somebody says, the red flag here is not the limit, it's his condescending tone.
Speaker 6: I agree with that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think they're they're paired together. I think they go together. That's not just the condescending tone, but it's also and I get to keep all these fish stupid.
Speaker 1: Uh and but just more random text messages get rid of him, especially since you voiced concern and he turned that down. This one says, I could not be with a non rule follower, but I've coached my boyfriend to be more of a rule follower, so that's an option. So I don't know, kind of side with Jenny. It's kind of like, keep an eye on other things because if you had a good time. But I would also maybe, like, you know, the fact that he was disrespectful when it's like, come on, nobody's gonna care that I caught six. I wonder if he could have caught twelve, would you have kept twelve?
Speaker 6: Crazy?
Speaker 2: Maybe? I mean that's one of the reasons why there's a limit, right exactly.
Speaker 6: And someone detects and saying, as another woman who.
Speaker 5: Loves ice fishing, this peees me off, especially because it's malax and they are so tight on their walleye.
Speaker 2: They really are.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and so yeah, if you grabbed twelve and took twelve, then what the heck you for? Any furno? How are you smuggling out all these fish? It's not like people put them in your pants, one for one in the other legs. That's what I thought.
Speaker 1: While I big, while I are fairly big, there's the size of your forearm.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, well then yeah, that's a problem. I thought they were much like goldfish, or like a little bigger. I was like, what's the big deal?
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 7: You know I know nothing about fishing any sports?
Speaker 1: No, Chelsea, Right, yeah, Chelsea, I don't know. I think it it seriously. You've given me a memory that I will remember until I forget of the most Minnesota phone call we've ever gotten before.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Chelsea, good good luck? Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: Wow, what somebody else is going to call about something they've gotten an argument about hockey? Yeah, and then oh wait till they get to curling.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I was out with this guy and we were curling on our way to the hockey game. Of course, we stopped and ice fished on the way and then we watch them snowshoes and.
Speaker 6: Teresa's on the phone.
Speaker 2: What's that, Teresa? Yes, oh, we have some feedback.
Speaker 1: Hi Teresa, Hello, good morning, Good morning, walleye Lyne.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, you're on the air.
Speaker 4: Good morning. So not only is it against the law if you get caught, they can take your fishing house and all of your fishing supplies, so definitely a red flag.
Speaker 1: How do they catch you, Teresa? I mean, did they come out and do random spot checks?
Speaker 4: If the DNR would find out that you have more than three fish with you or any limit for any time of the year. If you have more, they can any of your stuff that you have with.
Speaker 1: You at the time, so they can pull a truck out and pull your ice house away and the house.
Speaker 4: Away in time, they can take all of it.
Speaker 2: What about your vexel R Can they take your vexel art too, all of it? All of it?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Wow, okay, hey, thank yous, rich I appreciate that. Is there another call about this? Yes, me is on the phone. God, wow, you know I tell you you get people in Minnesota riled up about things ice fishing, Helloa, what's ups deer?
Speaker 9: And just an ice fishing? And I do feel like when it comes to integrity and the type of person you want to date in the type of person if you see a future with this person, if you want to have children with him, is he can to teach his son that wills don't matter and will don't apply to him and he can do whatever he wants. So just something to consider. It's bigger than just a fish. It's like who you are as a person.
Speaker 2: I think that that's so true.
Speaker 6: It is an integrity.
Speaker 1: Then it's the kind of person like where I've had three or four beer, so I'm fine to drive.
Speaker 2: I just don't know what other dumb things did they do.
Speaker 6: He's not stealing from the grocery store.
Speaker 7: But she also she also said that it's not that serious, like she just enjoys going to have a good time with them. So I'm not even thinking that deep. If I'm Chelsea like, oh, well, how's he going to raise our kids? If he's stealing Walleye from relax?
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What if he's perfect in every other way? That's what I'm saying, you know it just could be. I don't know well that I'm gonna tell you. Thanks again Chelsea for that phone call, which I will remember until I forget. If you want have something going on, you want our opinion and the opinion and people who listen to the show, this is the place to do it. Send us an email to Ryan Show at katwb dot com.
Speaker 5: Fold