Speaker 1: It is Thursday, February twenty six. The twenty twenty six wats to get You Today?
Speaker 2: From Cuba Taxi Florida boats to the NASA mystery illness.
Speaker 1: Astronaut comes clean and.
Speaker 2: The contents of Epstein's secret storage locker revealed. Plus your calls, dispatches, emails, text san more, Hey there Sabrina.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, see you, what Lot's happening? Hello to you.
Speaker 2: You can join us on the show today. All you have to do is send us a dispatch. Go to the Newsjunkie dot com hit record on your first dispatch today. You can also watch the show on YouTube and twitch dot tv. Slash the News Junkie. Your message is rolling right into the studio at real time. How's everybody doing on a Thursday?
Speaker 3: Pretty good?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hanging it there? Yeah, you know, all is well today. We got a lot to talk about. Lot going on in the world. Are you freeing to hear from you? I'm not really, I mean I am kind of freaking out.
Speaker 3: If I'm freaking a bit, can we all be freaking out?
Speaker 2: I just there's meltdown potential for me today, which I'm never as excited as you might think I am about like this could be the worst show of my life.
Speaker 1: This, Yeah, there's the chance to this. I'm glad you're optimistic. That's it.
Speaker 3: We're all gonna die.
Speaker 2: Kind of a glass half full kind of guy over here. And I'm just telling you there's a chance that this is going to be the worst show of my life today because after the show yesterday, it's been so distracting with the lovely folks who watch us on YouTube and twitch, and there's been some technical glitches, glitchies as I like to call them, little glitches. And as I've been trying to deal with these, I've worked on the very complicated setup that runs this show and allows you to watch if you want, you could watch on YouTube dot com, Slash the News Junkie, and I spent about two and a half hours so yesterday of like rebuildings the set up and changing and if it doesn't go right today, Like if there was a problem right now, as these words were coming out of my mouth, I would probably just jump in the pool and eat water. I would just probably say that.
Speaker 1: That's it, see you later. Eat water. Yeah, you know, just take it in, just take all of it into my lungs and so you can breathe in your drowned I would eat the water sea late.
Speaker 2: As I said the first time, just completely. That's the kind of day that I'm looking at on the horizon here. But I'm hoping for the best, everybody. So let's see how things go. Yeah, let's see how things go. And just for the hell of it, we kept the twitch around for today, even though Moses wanted us to annihilate the twitch side of things. There we go, all right, let's put our ears to the ground, our fingers in the pulse, let's see what's happening to this great, big, wide world of ours. We go to Fort Scott, Kansas. Everybody, I like this, and I'm gonna tell you why I like this in just a moment.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 2: This is a teenager who is doing something for the first time, all right, and I want you to get this message from me today. If you get any message, it is never too late, all right. It is never too late to learn. You can always learn things like this. You can always pick them up. This kid is a teenager and instead of all his friends making fun of him for the fact that he could not ride a bike, they all gathered around got their phones out. Of course, and they spend the day teaching him, as a full grown teenager, grown teenager, how to ride a bike. Here we go, they're all surrounding him. It's so funny because it's like a dad when your kid takes off on the bike for the first time.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, I'm waiting for the rug pull headfirst into a.
Speaker 3: Car, and you know what, I appreciate. The kid has a helmet on.
Speaker 2: What does he has a helmet on his head. It's over the top of his hoodie, which I don't know if.
Speaker 1: Is by the book. He's got it over his hoodie.
Speaker 2: He's on this bike, is a teenager, and his friends are rooting him on riding a bike for the first time. They're all celebrating a couple of curse words. Excuse me, a couple more curse words. They have to do that, they're teenagers.
Speaker 1: But he makes it. He does. He's free. Now he's free. Congratulations.
Speaker 3: Okay, they didn't teach.
Speaker 1: Him how to stop. I would. I wouldn't have ran alongside him for that long. And I'd been like.
Speaker 3: At the end of the cameraman's done. He's like, we'll just see you into the horizon.
Speaker 2: I think there and I want to do a little side quest on this during the show today.
Speaker 1: You want to learn to write a bike? Great thing.
Speaker 2: I know how to ride a bike, and you've seen me do it, just not faster than Sabrina on that day or on those on those days, a couple of days.
Speaker 1: I will tell you this. It is never too late for you to learn stuff.
Speaker 2: So I want to open it up on the dispatch side as we go through.
Speaker 1: All the drama and everything going on too the viral world.
Speaker 2: I want to open it up on the dispatch side and on the email for side stories. Here, tell me something that you didn't actually learn until later on in your life. And then when you did, you were like, you know how to sleep with women? That's that's took you a while. That took from what I remember when you were twenty two, right and bad at it the first handful of times.
Speaker 3: Right, you don't know actually on the line right now, that would be a great how was he to tell me?
Speaker 1: It seems easier than it is. It really. It's one of those things.
Speaker 2: But it's never too late to learn anything, and I want to know on the dispatch side. The positive little note that flows through the show today will be tell me something that you learned later on in life. Tell me the experience of that, because I think that so often people are like, well, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I can't really do X, but I'm I'm too old now. I just can't do it any longer. You're never too old.
Speaker 2: I mean there's some stuff like you probably shouldn't be a ninety year old MMA fighter.
Speaker 1: Fighting another ninety year old first time imer my.
Speaker 3: Front my money.
Speaker 1: Well, I would watch that.
Speaker 3: I would watch it, and then I do feel like we would be a minute and a half in where we want to stop watching it.
Speaker 1: Old UFC would be something man, just one haymaker and rip like you just wollow it up with a funeral afterwards.
Speaker 3: My god on foul mouth and they bruise immediately.
Speaker 1: So I might watch it. I'd watch it. Each match is the Coffin match.
Speaker 2: And maybe that's your thing. I saw a story today about a guy. I believe it's a dude. I didn't really read the story to sell the headline, if I'm honest with you, even me, I saw the headline and it said the world's oldest pool player like Billiard's player. I look this up sea line, the world's oldest billiards are pool player and.
Speaker 1: He's in his nineties.
Speaker 2: He or she is in their nineties and they're still playing competitive billiards.
Speaker 1: With like, oh, oh my gosh. Okay, first of all, it's not a man, it's a woman. It is a Florida woman.
Speaker 4: Why became the world's oldest competitive pool player at the age of ninety four, is still going strong at the age of ninety eight, yeah, and is headed into a tournament in Las Vegas. Her name is Maggie Kennedy and she was dubbed the world's oldest competitive pool player by Guinness in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: Hold on, I think I have this. I love this. These are the stories I want to hear.
Speaker 5: A woman is proving that you are never too old to do what you love. Maggie Kennedy is still chalking up her pool cue and she's ninety eight.
Speaker 3: Fun, she is competitive.
Speaker 5: In fact, Kennedy is preparing to fly to Las Vegas for the bight.
Speaker 6: Old as hell.
Speaker 1: I love it because you're never too old. Okay, Oh, she's too old.
Speaker 2: She's playing though she's playing, and she's playing against the professionals. You're never too old, somebody said, I started learning Kung Fu at fifty.
Speaker 1: It's been interesting. Love it, Love it. I want to hear these kind of stories today.
Speaker 2: I couldn't drive until I was twenty four because I lived in Europe and didn't need a car, and then learned that there you go, You're never too old. It's our little positive weave in throughout the show today as we get into everything else happening out there in the world. Love it, Love it, Love it, and good luck to Maggie Kennedy.
Speaker 1: Don't die and.
Speaker 2: Break them good What are you saying, pool, Rack them and break them, break them, break, break them in.
Speaker 1: The in the pockets, sir, eight ball corner pocket. There you go.
Speaker 2: Whatever you say to those pool player types, I say that to her right now. Meanwhile, I'm watching this story unfold, and it's so interesting to me.
Speaker 1: Something went down, as what we got.
Speaker 2: Something went down in Cuba with a boat registered in Florida, so it was like a Florida boat, a speedboat they're calling it, and it was registered in the state of Florida, and there was about ten people on board.
Speaker 1: They pulled up. According to the Cuban government, the boat opened fire on the Cuban.
Speaker 2: Soldiers and the Cuban soldiers. Of course, if this is true, of course the Cuban soldiers returned fire and killed four of the people on this boat.
Speaker 1: But what the hell were they doing there?
Speaker 2: And some of the rumors on this are crazy that these guys like they were extremists who were planning on taking over Cuba with ten people, which is just a.
Speaker 1: Brazen, brazen move. If that's the case, it wasn't there.
Speaker 4: A recent foiled coup that was coming out of maybe Florida or Miami or somewhere that was in a different country. We had like last year or the year before, there was a wild story about somebody that was trying to cool it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they wanted to take over a country. Do you remember this? You're never too old to coup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're never too old to kill ninety eight year old woman who Now I've seen stories like this from time to time. I don't remember the exact one you're talking about. We talked about the Haiti one where you know the guy named Barbecue, Oh kind.
Speaker 1: Of power, what was it?
Speaker 3: I don't remember the place. I feel like it was in Asia. But they were taking out the politicians like by helicopter because and it was a lot of young people that it successfully.
Speaker 2: Cooed Oh mine, Oh was that in Nepall or something might be able to see what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: I don't think it was Nepal. I thought it was a South American company country. This was in Cuba.
Speaker 2: There was only ten people in the boat, and the allegations were that they were trying to take over the whole country. Cuba is kind of crumbling right now economically, they're always kind of.
Speaker 1: Maybe they thought ten people was enough that this will do it.
Speaker 4: I mean, who headline this morning was that ten people took a boat from from Key West and took over Cuba. And it is now called you know, ten Peopleville or whatever or whatever whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, whatever, it came up with ten people took over Cuba. When you go wow, it will be impressed. Oh, Seilan, I think you might have been talking about the situation in Africa where this happened.
Speaker 2: Is that Does that seem like it rings a bell because that there was a guy who went over with some other people and they were.
Speaker 1: In a militia in Africa somewhere now, this says uh.
Speaker 4: Ed says last year, around November December, two guys were going to go in and kill all the men so they could have all the women themselves, not thinking the woman would rise up and kill them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, that's right. I do remember that. I remember that last. Yeah, this is something that happens from time to time.
Speaker 2: And these people, what a bold move to get like ten people and think you're going to take over a whole last country like that. That is an incredibly bold move. Like some of the details coming in on this, let's see here what we could learn here. Here's CBS four Real Quick out of Miami learning more this.
Speaker 7: Morning about a boat attack off the coast of Cuba. The country says it's post guard shot and killed four people in a speedboat.
Speaker 5: From what is this music on that after the people on the boat fired first.
Speaker 1: There were ten people this morning. Look at new video here inside the hospital in Cuba. Faded out crew all right, faded out. But when they recorded this this morning, US officials, including Marco Rubio and South Hearing Congress people are calling for a full investigation.
Speaker 7: Sabbias News Mimmy is Morgan Reiner. She is your reporter in Little Havana. With response from Sound State Cuban leaders.
Speaker 1: In fact, they got money over there.
Speaker 8: Yes, good morning. Cuban officials said they found homemade explosives really yes, and weapons on this boat. And they added that all ten men on this boat were living here in.
Speaker 2: America, so there were Cubans living in America. So there were Cuban citizens, from what I could tell, living in America. Then they got on this boat, they drove to Cuba. They had explosives and weapons and stuff, and they were going to take over Cuba, which is quite the bold strategy did not pay off in this case, or so it would seem, and we'll see what happens next year.
Speaker 8: About a mile off of the coast of Villa Clara Province, the US, I mean, the Cuban Coast Guard intercepted a Florida speedboat with ten armed people on board. According to Cuban state media, when five members of the Cuban Coast Guard approached the boat, the men on the speedboat shot at them.
Speaker 3: This she'll say.
Speaker 8: When the coast guard members were turned in fire. They killed four men. Now, state officials here, like Congressman Carlos Jimenez, have issued statements about the incident. Congressman Jimenez statements read in part.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, I don't know about some of this. We got to figure out what happened first. Obviously, you can't just take Cuba's word for it.
Speaker 1: I love it, but are though if the congressman.
Speaker 2: This, Congressman Carlos Jimenez says, I am calling for an immediate investigation into this massacre.
Speaker 1: Buddy.
Speaker 2: If a boat full of ten people just came up to Cuba and was like what of it, and they started shooting at the Cubans, what do you expect the outcome is.
Speaker 1: Going to be?
Speaker 3: Put it the other way around, going yes, having a little window last year of blowing up cigarette boats that for sure had.
Speaker 2: Fentanyl in it, you are going to if you try this in the United States of America, pull up with a boat and start firing at the coastguard, you're gonna be You're gonna be eating water, as they say famous saying, you are going to be eating water very soon. A lot of people say, I'm calling for an immediate investigation into this massacre, said the congressman. The United States authorities must determine whether any of the victims were US citizens or legal residents, and establish exactly what hurt what occurred The regime in Cuba must be relegated to the dustbin of history for its countless crimes against humanity. So I mean, look, I'm all for Cuba bad if you really want to do that. You know, communism is not my bag. But when I look at this, if you take a boat full of ten people and you try to take over a country, don't be mega surprised when the country shoots you and kills you.
Speaker 1: Am I crazy here? I mean, this just seems like investigate that. It seems what unless.
Speaker 2: They're unless they were just cruising along in their boat, mining their own business. They just happen to be real close to Cuba and then the Cuba just started massacring.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Let me know what you think about this. A lot of stories out there. A truck driver who fell into an obsessive and diabolical quest for Cuba's freedom was one of the four passengers killed on this Florida registered speedboat that allegedly infiltrated Cuban waters and was shot by the country's border guards. Michael Casanova became so obsessed with the plot that he and three others killed on the stolen vestal didn't think about the consequences or their own lives. According to his own brother, they had talked about how Cubans endured great suffering. Nobody knew he was going to do this, said the brother. My mother is devastated, is devastated. Wow, all right, there you go. Let us know your thoughts. We'll keep an eye on that cases. The show rolls on today. Lots of emails, a breakthrough in technology that I am here for. I am this is the first time I've seen a technology breakthrough where I go this. This might get me to switch teams. This might get me to go to another phone just to clarify. Oh, this might get me to go to another phone company.
Speaker 1: This may maybe that too. I don't know. You know, it's never too healthier and a problem. It's never never too late. We have to learn today. We have so much to get to today on the show.
Speaker 2: Hopefully there's no meltdowns one on one guys.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, we were gonna We're gonna get to all that. And Fritz on the Street. That's right, Fritz on the Street coming up later on. It's never too late for you to learn to win this game. Oh that's hurtful. That is hurtful.
Speaker 2: Back in a moment. It's all coming up next. I'm gonna use junkie. This honestly will make me switch teams potentially. I didn't think it was possible. Not in a gay way, this is in a technology way. I didn't think it was possible to make me switch teams. But this is the newest thing that I've seen going Samsung that just came out this week. Sea Lane is the first time in five or more years when I saw something on a laptop or a phone or anything.
Speaker 1: I was like, I want that. I like that, and I want that, and I'm into it, very curious and just it doesn't happen anymore.
Speaker 2: People do all these things that I personally think are dumb. You guys might be with me on some of them, maybe not on others. But for instance, I think the folding screens on everything is stupid. I couldn't care less.
Speaker 9: Not a fan.
Speaker 3: I do love and miss sometimes the foldable phone, but that would be thea razor I've seen. Like the foldabules. Yeah, people are like, oh, how cool is it? And then I can see that bubble at the crease.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like even the text it opens up to like this notebook sized thing, Sabrina, and I don't. I don't need it, Okay, I don't. I don't need that. I don't need my phone to be a tablet. I need my phone to be a phone. I have a tablet.
Speaker 2: I love, yes, yes, And my phone, by the way, goes in my back pocket always, So I just wanted.
Speaker 1: To slide right in there.
Speaker 2: And I'm not, as you know, listen to this show at least some of you. Well, no, I'm not a team guy.
Speaker 1: I will. I will run turncoat in five seconds. I don't care.
Speaker 2: I have no allegiance to anything in my life better than your family. I will be a heel in five seconds. I don't have an allegiance to a car brand, or cigarettes or a type of alcohol. Really, I don't, I don't care, I will, I will switch whatever. I don't smoke at all now, But as you know, but if I did, all I want is the.
Speaker 1: One I like the best. That's all I want.
Speaker 2: And this is the new feature that may have me switching teams here. This is the Samsung S twenty six Galaxy Ultra God just my name probably that they released, and the feature that this has, it's kind of bowled me over.
Speaker 1: It's pretty cool. Here it is.
Speaker 2: This is a Marquise Brownlee who's love it.
Speaker 1: This guy is great. He's an Internet creator, YouTuber.
Speaker 2: He's got a billion subscribers over on YouTube, actual round number, and here he is talking about this feature that won me over.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 10: You probably know those privacy screen protectors that are supposed to black out your screen from the size so and El can spound you. Yeah, Well this S twenty six culture obviously doesn't have a screen protector on it. But if I just turn on privacy screen, it turns off individual pixels to achieve oh, the exact same effect.
Speaker 1: It's pretty sick. But not only that, since it's built in, it's done on a pixel level. So you're looking at your screen all right.
Speaker 2: Let's say I'm on my banking app in public.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at my screen.
Speaker 2: Only eyes looking directly at the screen can see anything.
Speaker 1: Eyes at a little bit of an angle see a jet black screen.
Speaker 2: And because it's on a pixel level, they can make it so hey, people could see anything else on your phone. But if a notification pops up that they can't see, they won't. They wouldn't see you, like whoever texts you only you looking directly at it when you have this activated. That's the first time where I've gone, well, I kind of would like.
Speaker 1: That a little bit.
Speaker 3: I've tried the screens before, the privacy like screen protection. Yeah, there are some in the past that I've liked, but they had cracked easily, and there were some that I used that were supposed to be better glass, but then you can't even see it yourself. The idea that you could just switch it on and off on your phone, yeah, is brilliant. Now, riddle me this. If it's pixels, is that's solely based on hardware or is it an update? Possibly?
Speaker 1: And I saw the pixel sitting software.
Speaker 2: Well, from what they showed when they debuted it, it's happening like inside the phone.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that lies or not, but they.
Speaker 2: Said it's happening on the pixel level, and they'd have like this technology that allows it so you could just if you're looking right at your phone, like I got my banking app up in public, and nobody would see that there's only two dollars and thirteen.
Speaker 1: Cents in my account right now.
Speaker 2: Because if you're at an angle, you see nothing. You see just a black phone.
Speaker 4: Can we make it somewhere and at an angle there's like two hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get wrong, but I want this technology for laptop. Yesterday I was at a public place doing some work and somebody that I don't know immediately is just like, oh, you're looking at a new car. Let me tell you all the things. Oh yeah, you what do you think about AI right now? Nosy, I stop looking at my stuff. But here I am to engage with you. If I had that privacy pixel screen.
Speaker 1: People nosing people and this all went back to the early days. Now.
Speaker 2: I've talked on the show about how my father worked for IBM, as did a Sea Lane's dad.
Speaker 1: Strangely enough, my.
Speaker 2: Father worked for IBM in mil Graton in Florida, and and he had the computers and stuff in our house before most people had computers at home.
Speaker 1: So I've been messing with computers my whole life.
Speaker 2: And for a little while my dad did have this thing and it would connect onto your big ja iganic yep, seventy pound monitor. It would connect on there and my dad was like, it's a privacy screen, and I'm like, it's a computer in your room.
Speaker 1: It's like it's not the same thing. Yeah, he didn't want you to see what he was doing.
Speaker 2: And I would even as like a twelve year old, I'd be like, at an angle, I bet I can still see it. I can still see it, Dad, I still see your AOL log at your compu serve is compromised, I would be able to see it.
Speaker 1: This is pretty phenomenal.
Speaker 10: Way you can have a turn on only when opening certain apps Chrome banking app or messages or photo that's crazy.
Speaker 1: I turn it a little bit and it goes.
Speaker 10: Black notifications as they come in, or just a password field when entering a password. Honestly, unreal levels of display innovation so that you can hide whatever you're heading.
Speaker 2: Love it, I dig it. I don't know if I'm actually going to move over, but maybe Apple can steal this. They do that with everything else.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, let's tell the news junkie, this will be an in five years.
Speaker 2: That's good probably and you're probably right fake say shows. For those of you knew to the show, this is a guy who yells at us all the time if we talk about anything Apple related that happens to pop into the news. Some song and some song is what he likes he's a big fan of the Samsung stuff. But I thought that was kind of cool a little bit. It's smart people. People want a little bit of privacy with stuff. I think about this all the time sometimes if I want to look at private stuff that sounds weird. If I want to look at like banking information, or I have like a conversation on text and I don't want people to.
Speaker 1: See it and there's munch people around.
Speaker 2: I will look up at the cameras and the establishment that I'm at, assess the cameras.
Speaker 1: See you're super paranoid. I'll back up to the wall.
Speaker 11: Oh.
Speaker 1: I mean, like, let's say there's.
Speaker 3: A yeah, you said that something else I know.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's nothing else text wise, unless it's business stuff. There's nothing that I wouldn't want randos to know about. But I don't I want them to know about well, you know what. I just don't want them to know anything.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you open up your Instagram and it's like, okay, not even a warning there. Now everyone thinks I'm looking at a big juice them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I mean, to be clear, I am looking at big juicy booty sometimes, but that is totally unrelated. Let us know you think if you would actually upgrade or change teams, would you switch teams as a result of a feature like this or what would it be the breakthrough that made you do just that? Set us a dispatch, record yours right now at thenewsjunkie dot com or email the show tips at the Newsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 1: All right, let's see here a couple of things.
Speaker 2: Speaking of emails, Eric emails the show and he says, hey, hey, this is Eric.
Speaker 1: You do not have to keep me anonymous.
Speaker 2: So I'm glad that was up there and I didn't fast say my name again. Eric, Please say Eric, Eric, Eric, I'll summon you if I say it. Well, I think I already did. I went to Sumpter Correctional, says Eric, not far from where you you guys are. When I was younger to attend a boot camp program. We talked about this yesterday where this guy, younger guy was sixteen when he was in an accident where he was driving and drunk and allegedly doing all sorts of other stuff. They were joy riding, it seems, and he was sixteen behind the wheel and five people died, and he got.
Speaker 1: Nine months in a youth boot camp. He's nineteen years old. Now. That was the sentence that he got.
Speaker 2: Eric says, it was a tactic that they would use to send you there to see if you can actually make it, to avoid a longer sentence which they wanted to give me fifteen years, he said. I ended up only serving forty four months of that, which was in the boot camp program.
Speaker 1: Believe it or not, actually saved my life.
Speaker 2: It showed me how tough I can be, how tough things can get, and how you can overcome anything. I now own a home, i have a pool, a boat, two businesses, and I've been happily married for fifteen years. It can work, and for some reason they're trying to shut them down for funding issues. First of all, Eric, congratulations for you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but getting it together. Yeah, good for you. That's great. I salute that.
Speaker 2: I think we should salute that. And for him, he says, the boot camp work others not necessarily for it. Let us know what you think, said us a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com where to get to more of your feedback. Momentarily, I've got a guy running for office that has the most unhinged pitch for an election that I've ever heard of in my life.
Speaker 1: Fish back again. This is worse than anything it's ever been featured on this show. Oh yeah. And the strange thing.
Speaker 2: Is the guy's coming out and he's like, I just want to be honest. I want to be honest, and I think honesty is something that's big shortcoming for almost all politicians. They seem to be real good at lying and not telling the truth. This guy goes, I'm gonna start out with some honesty. He drops a bomb and he says, I hope you'll still vote for you.
Speaker 1: I won't. I won't as a result of this, But I want to see what everybody else thinks.
Speaker 2: And this this is this will be a controversial one. I want to see what everybody thinks of this. This guy running for the Nazi Party. It's not that it's not going to go in the direction you think it is. It's not going to go in the direction you think it is. But I will drop that on you when we come back. That's coming up next in the news Junkie. This guy wants to do things differently. He's running for office, and he thinks it's important to be honest and I gotta tell you sea Land and Sabrina, I agree with him. I think it's important that you're honest.
Speaker 1: We got a bunch of narcissistic bloodsuckers in office in Washington, d C. And then I totally agree with this guy. No I do. It's said, I agree with him.
Speaker 3: Honest.
Speaker 1: Let me rephrase here for the both of you.
Speaker 2: I think that this guy is right about one thing, and that is that politicians should be honest.
Speaker 1: And upfront about things.
Speaker 2: There's so many instances of these people lying about everything.
Speaker 1: From the guy who said he didn't have an affair with that woman who.
Speaker 2: Lit herself on fire when we could see the text messages of them going back and forth and obviously having an affair.
Speaker 3: In the text let herself on fire says a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot of stories like this, and even worse, believe it or not, about politicians who are lying. However, enter this person. There's a guy who's running for office and he says, I want to be honest with you.
Speaker 1: I want to start off with honesty. I'm gonna play a little bit of him.
Speaker 2: Chatting, and you guys, tell me if the honesty is going to work for you, that's it.
Speaker 1: Just let me know that simple answer.
Speaker 2: Everybody on chat, everybody on dispatch, you I want to hear from you as well. Is this guy's honesty enough that you're like, Okay, you know what. I like that You're it's refreshing that you're honest like that. Let's see what we can get out of this. Here he is with this interview. Excuse a couple of pops in the audio.
Speaker 12: But I believe Resno deserves leaders that are honest from the very beginning, not the end.
Speaker 2: All right, Okay, I want people who are honest from the very beginning, not the end.
Speaker 1: He says he's starting off.
Speaker 2: Okay, However, a Ceiland and Sabrina can see the cairn here on our internal monitors.
Speaker 13: There it is.
Speaker 1: Yet you might, yeah, you might have seen what he's going to be honest about him.
Speaker 12: So going into this, I am putting my life out there upfront about his status as a registered sex offender.
Speaker 14: Remain Compost is not running from his past as he runs for office.
Speaker 12: I've been giving the chance to rehabilitate through the courts and back into the system.
Speaker 14: Charged with being in possession of child sex abuse material back in twenty eighteen, and No contest to a misdemeanor chore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I gotta tell you some of the this other stuff is things that I think you can be rehabilitated from. You got a kid who knocks off a gas station, steals some Red Bulls at one hundred and fifty bucks out of the cash register, goes to a boot camp like our friend Eric on the email and writes his world that kid, all right, good, he's on the straight and narrow. He wants to be an honest politician. He says, I made some mistakes.
Speaker 1: In my life. Well, so if this guy, this guy, no, I'm sorry, all right. I mean, you said yourself. I think that this guy is right about that one thing, not the other thing.
Speaker 2: Not the the other thing is so much more important that I think I could never vote for a person who said this. He's a registered sex offender, he had, you know what, a child porn on his devices or something.
Speaker 3: They say, oh my god, and you're allowed to run.
Speaker 1: I guess that doesn't just qualify you. And he's like, I'm just gonna be real with you, y'all.
Speaker 3: I did the thing.
Speaker 2: And then he thinks you're gonna go, well, that's refreshing. So now we should elect Utah office here? Does does that work for you? It's my question to the chat people hard pass, Nope, nope, nope. I appreciate his honesty, but hell no, thank you.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's a weird question.
Speaker 3: But can registered sex offenders?
Speaker 13: M M.
Speaker 3: I guess if it's not a felony, you can still vote, and you could still vote vote of registered sex.
Speaker 1: In some states. Isn't it a felony if you're a registered sex offender?
Speaker 2: He's running in California. Big surprise, He's running in California, this guy.
Speaker 1: So it'll be the rules based out of there. And he says, I just.
Speaker 2: Want to be honest with you guys. This is what I did, this is my past. Will my honesty win you over? Let's see what you think.
Speaker 14: Here we go now launching his campaign to represent District seven on the Frostnow City Council, he says his focus.
Speaker 3: He's on safety.
Speaker 12: Oh, I say, let's choose somebody outside the box, somebody who knows the system from inside out, because me, I've experienced the laws that we are trying to reform right now Fresno County.
Speaker 2: The laws that you experienced all the phone buddy from my from my viewpoint, the laws that you violated, I'm fine with them.
Speaker 1: I don't think they need reform. I think we need to protect the kids at all costs. Well, they can vote, So what are you talking about, guys, voters?
Speaker 14: James Coos says state law does not prevent a registered sex offender from running for all.
Speaker 10: Th There you go, once you leave prison, you're on probation, you actually are allowed in California to reapply and become a registered voter again.
Speaker 1: Should then make you eligible to be able to run? Well well, the way, so you do have to be a voter to be able to run. I guess, yeah, that's what he just said, Yes, dude.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 2: But the other thing is there's some things he couldn't run for, Like he can't run for a school board thing.
Speaker 1: No, because you less, he works remote.
Speaker 2: You know, it's like, unfortunately the duly elected new school board superintendent.
Speaker 3: This is this guy just doing it by himself. If not, where are the campaign funds coming from? And who are who's on the team, you know, passing out the flyers and putting out the yard posts.
Speaker 2: You mean, Sabrina, is there like a room full of people's phone banking for this guy, Like, yep, that that is true, ma'am.
Speaker 1: Yep, no, no, he was convicted of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, well all about like to fight for this guy and call up everybody and go, you gotta vote.
Speaker 1: For this candidate. She's gonna change things in the proper jurisdiction.
Speaker 6: Compost looks to enter a growing field of people.
Speaker 2: LaRita says, nope, to the two hundred thousandth power, I think is where she's at.
Speaker 3: For the seat. Another candidate, he says he shouldn't join the race.
Speaker 1: I think it should be a disqualifier to serve in public office.
Speaker 15: If I'm the next council member in District seven and I can't show up at a school site, how can I thus represent the people in the neighborhoods that.
Speaker 1: Want to serve?
Speaker 14: Each candidate true different background and focus to the race. Aj Ross Somney says homelessness is his priority.
Speaker 2: Oh are they going to go through them like football players right now? Defensive tackle aj Ris Drami, And then they're gonna say, what are they going to say for the guy in question here? Because he's got a bad history. He's got a bad history, but he's honest about it. Anybody went over by this. I don't know that that's going to be the case, but I.
Speaker 1: Don't know that.
Speaker 4: I think that the other guy who's running taking a stand against this is is kind of silly because if I were running for office and they were like, mister Lane, there's a new candidate that's running against you, and I'd be like, all right, what do we need to know about this guy? What's our strategy? He's a convicted sex offender. All right, We're We're done.
Speaker 1: With that strategy. We don't need to worry about that guy. I think we're gonna be.
Speaker 3: Dood debate and everything he says. His opponent is just like registered.
Speaker 1: You know what they could do.
Speaker 2: They could do that trick Trump did at the State of the Union where you ask people to, you know, stand up if they agree with certain things.
Speaker 1: And this guy's.
Speaker 4: Everybody raise your hands of your convicted sex offender.
Speaker 1: The guys just, you know, hand up. That's gonna kind of lose you some votes. I think that's gonna lose you some votes. And I'll be honest with you. Now, everybody raise your hand. Agin with it. If you're allowed to hand out candy on Halloween.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm fine with Will really isolating these people and maybe not voting for them.
Speaker 1: That's just me.
Speaker 2: Maybe you would, maybe you think, no, Sean, these people can be rehabilitated. I'm interested in your story too. Tips at the news Junkie dot com t I p. S at the Newsjunkie dot com real quick. I saw this story and I thought this was Sometimes I see these stories, I go, how can people do these kind of jobs? It's that there's a lot of gigs like that these days. One is there's people who and this is not the story I'm about to get to, who work at convenience stores where they use technology to monitor the workers and they will yell at you from the speakers inside the convenience store.
Speaker 1: You will love that.
Speaker 3: From another country too.
Speaker 2: From another country, some dude from some other country is like, hey, it's not your lunch break.
Speaker 1: What are you doing with a yogurt? Pal?
Speaker 2: They'll get you for doing this kind of stuff. This one is a bridge too far from me. I think Burger King is going to start using artificial intelligence.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I gave him that idea when I texted the president of the company.
Speaker 2: I mean, you must have got it from somewhere that that could be it the CEO or the president of Burger King recently gave out his personal phone number. Who knows if this is what he got. And in terms of feedback, that fake nonsense. But Burger King will use AI to check if employees are saying please and thank you to all of the customers that go through. And there's an AI chat bot named Patty that will basically exist inside the headsets of all of these employees.
Speaker 1: For Burger King.
Speaker 2: Come on, Patty here again. I just wanted to let you know you didn't say thank you to that last customers.
Speaker 4: Is one of the more dystopian things I've ever heard about a new implantation.
Speaker 3: Patty Zech's implementation of.
Speaker 1: A Patty just checking in. I noticed you.
Speaker 2: You know, you were a little bit to terse with that last person going through the drive through.
Speaker 1: Patty your new digital boss.
Speaker 2: Not Patty of the Mayonnaise variety, but Patty, an AI chat bot.
Speaker 1: I think Patty is named of the Burger variety. No, no, you don't know who Patty Maynaise is to you. I know this guy doesn't let the record stay. This guy doesn't know who Patty Man is. Doug you Google. I didn't watch Doug What is what is Doug's best friend? I have no clue. How's the theme song? Go three two one? I didn't watch Nickelodeon.
Speaker 2: Guy's gonna be out of a job, A loser hang in a moment. This is really, really obnoxious, and it's going to be part of these people's jobs. This is how it works. Burger King is launching an AI chatbot that will live in the headsets of all their employees. A voice enabled chatbot called Patty, part of an overarching a BK assistant platform that will not only assist employees with meal preparation. So Patty will be like, make sure when you're making the cheeseburger to firmly press on the cheeseburger Patty while it's cooking. Patty, what whoa whoa Slow down there, Christopher Lane, that particular burger isn't quite ready for prime time just yet. We're flame broiled over here at Burger King. This this is just this is not Patty. In case you wonder, this is an exact but I thought Patty was already here. It was very convincing.
Speaker 1: That's not it. Burger King's chief digital officer, who sounds like some sort of obnoxious royalty. He sounds like a king himself. Thilebolt Rue Oh Tibble Drew, the chief digital officer at Burger King, says they have worked on having people say welcome to Burger King, please and thank you, or they're gonna get yelled at. They're gonna get yelled at by Patty in their headsets? Would you ever work always like this? There's a.
Speaker 4: No I'm wrong about t boubodo, the H, the L and the final T.
Speaker 1: You are silent? How how do you say it?
Speaker 2: Then give it to me? Tibo t bo whatever the guy's name is. This ain't gonna go over well with your employees. Come on, just say the thing, man, I don't want to hear the whole.
Speaker 1: You gotta get enough in there for that. Yeah, all right, we want to know what you think. Would you do that? Would you put up without it? Your job? And maybe you do? Let us know tips t I p.
Speaker 2: S at the Newsjunkie dot com Back in just a moment, some news coming into the Savannah Guthrie situation. I don't know that I buy this, but I'll bring it to you. I'll present to you the update. That's just rolled in and a whole lot.
Speaker 1: More on the way. It's coming up next in the news junkie.
Speaker 2: I don't know that I believe this news, this update and the the Nancy Guthrie Savannah Guthrie case that's kind of gone a little bit cold. It just seems a little bit far fetched to me. I'll give you the news, the information, the update that's coming in in just a moment. But I saw that there was this piece of information this morning. Again I questioned this one and another one where they say there was a nine to one one call the night that Nancy Guthrie went missing, was abducted by that weirdo and the backpack and the gun who came to her front door and was on the doorbell camera the night that happened.
Speaker 1: Huh, there was a nice.
Speaker 3: Yes, the same phrase I have said so many times with this case since it started, like just finding this out now, just doing this now, it seems like a week delayed.
Speaker 1: Yes, here's the nine one one call.
Speaker 2: Give me your thoughts and then I'll give you this this update on the Savannah Guthrie situation that I just don't know if I could believe here's a nine one one call.
Speaker 16: You out of a vehicle and no screaming.
Speaker 1: The vehicle in a dirt for your blue saving Malibu fill plate and then in the window wearing all black and the door was open. Was the woman in This is the nine one one call.
Speaker 2: The person says that they saw a female hanging out of a window screaming on this same night that Nancy Guthrie went missing.
Speaker 1: On this nine call, I don't have a time. They said it was the same night. I don't know what the exact time was. They said the vehicle was a dark gray or blue Chevy Malibu with no plates, and they suggested that the female was hanging out of the window wearing all black and the door was open.
Speaker 2: That's what the nine one one call says. Maybe this report attached to it says when it came in, was the.
Speaker 1: Woman in the car? Eighty four year old Nancy. The location given by the undetermined nine one one caller is just three miles from her house. Really, the disturbing call was revealed last night by Nancy Grace. Of course he connected.
Speaker 14: We don't know, but it's close to her home around the time she was taken.
Speaker 3: We can't really discount.
Speaker 1: That's that's kind of loose. Ceilian's right.
Speaker 2: The question around the time that she was taken was this, like, had somebody seen her after this?
Speaker 1: If that's the case, we know this ain't real.
Speaker 4: We have a pretty set and stone timeline for how things happen. Like what time her pacemaker disconnected is a big one because that would be the time that she was you know, parted ways with her phone or watch or whatever it was bluetooth in there. Yeah, So like we know what time the abductor was there, we know what time that she was no longer.
Speaker 2: There, right, So if this in that timeline tell us the time of the nine one one called, because we know that one hundred percent, when when did the call come in?
Speaker 1: Does that match up?
Speaker 16: If not?
Speaker 1: Get it out of here now.
Speaker 2: The problem. The problem is though Celane. They open it up. There's a million dollar reward and the crazy are calling in. Somebody called in immediate Then they go, I have information on the Nancy Guthrie investigation that is very important for law enforcement, and they go, yeah, what is it, Well, this is for the million dollar reward. I just want to say that the kidnappers escaped using a system of tunnels underneath the city and they made their way back to some sort of bunker somewhere.
Speaker 3: When do I get that money? Is that PayPal?
Speaker 1: Or yeah?
Speaker 2: Can you spend moment? And this is why, like literally, that was one of the tips that came in. Were we gonna say, selim.
Speaker 4: The only reason I could see them not talking about this nine to one one call is if that those were some of the details that they wanted to hold back in the investigation to try and confirm, you know, what people are saying about it, like any of these ransom notes may have mentioned this car may have mentioned something like that. Now, my other concern is that a person made this nine one one call on that night. I'm sure they didn't forget about it for twenty six days.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 4: Why have they not come out to the news or come out to law enforcement or anything like that.
Speaker 3: Why not play the actual nine one one call. That's just the dispatcher.
Speaker 2: That's the dispatcher re establishing with like some copp or something. She's talking to She's she's telling them what she had heard.
Speaker 1: During the nine one one call.
Speaker 3: I guess weird, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not strange, it's means at least more interesting than the fake TMZ stuff. But the other story that I saw, I was like, could this be possible? This update doesn't seem real to me. And we'll get past this story in a moment. Here get to some of your future people are missing, Sean, we can focus on them too. But this story says Savannah Guthrie plans to return home to New York City this weekend as she confronts the grim reality that finding her mother, Nancy might take years. Oh well, I said, they said she's going to be coming back and going back to the Today Show after this.
Speaker 3: Week, and that's what I'm going to talk about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I don't know that they could you imagine what this woman is going through. Is there any shot that's real that she's going to say, Well, can't find you, mom, But at.
Speaker 3: What point do you have to make your living again? It's not like, hey, your mom, w wasn't missing. It's a national story. Haven't found her yet? So here's the severance package, Like there are some corporate overlord at some point.
Speaker 2: That's like I kind of I kind of thought she would never come back. I thought so too, But imagine God forbid that that happened to you. I would like I wouldn't be thinking about that. I wouldn't be like, well, you know, we get back.
Speaker 3: To the work here, okay. But then two months later, this week in Florida. Now two weeks two months later, At what point is it that I've now quit because my.
Speaker 2: Mother was abducted or that's your that would be this person, whoever it is, you know, Savannah Guthrie's decision to do that. But it seems difficult to think that you would go, all right, I'm just leaving the city.
Speaker 1: I'm going to New York.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna wake up in the morning and grab an omelet and head off to the Today Show. Maybe that's too early to eat an omelet, and I'm going to put on a performance and then give you then.
Speaker 1: I don't know that most people would be able to do that. I don't know. Everyone can only say, yeah, I think she's gonna lay low for a bit.
Speaker 2: I just find it really hard to believe that she would be returning to work at the Today Show.
Speaker 3: Now if she ever does, though, are people going to is there going to be backlash because of it? Like your mom's missing, how dare you go back to your normal life and living?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think probably there would be people who would judge her for it and say, how could you do this? This is such a big deal, what are you talking about? I absolutely could see that being the case. Anonymous emails the show and says, I'm a ride share driver. You guys were talking about this Touret syndrome thing at the award shows, and this says, as a ride share driver with Turet syndrome making the news again, I recently learned that when somebody gets in my vehicle and pretends to sneeze, I can call them an a hole, says Anonymous. I have no idea what that means. I think you need a break from the internet today, though. Just take a little break from the internet.
Speaker 1: Log off. You're going to be all right, I think.
Speaker 2: Michael emails tips at thedewsjunkie dot com says, this isn't quite what you asked for in a story, but I want to give you something here one Saturday.
Speaker 1: This is speaking about never never being.
Speaker 2: Too late to learn something, because the clip opening the show is these teenagers and they help their teenage friend learn how to ride a bike, and they're all running alongside.
Speaker 1: He's like sixteen years.
Speaker 2: Old, fifteen years old, and they're rooting for him, and I said, it's never too late to learn stuff. One Saturday, out of the blue, on his own accord, my brother decided I was going to get the training wheels off my bike. Next thing I knew, I was nervously seated on my little bike with no training wheels, on our street, surrounded by his friends who lived in the neighborhood. And off I went, with my brother and his best friend holding either side, and everybody else cheering. They both let go and suddenly I was flying solo and nailing it. They ran to me at the end of the road, cheering me.
Speaker 1: Like a hero.
Speaker 2: But I really think my brother was the hero of that day. I was thirty eight years old, he says. This person, thank you for the email. Appreciate that tips at the news Junkie dot Com YouTube can email the show. We'll see what you have on your mind, and we'll even get in some dispatches. In fact, i'll show you we can do one of those. Let's see what we got out here. Oh I'm not doing that. I'm not doing that one. Here's somebody else who started late in life life. Here's Nathan.
Speaker 13: It's the News Junkie, Sean Sea, Lane, Sabrina, what is up?
Speaker 1: Love you guys? Heapy Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
Speaker 13: So late in life. This might sound crazy, but it's the truth. I learned to be a productive member of society.
Speaker 1: Well that's Jax. Be a good father, you know, be a good husband, be a good person.
Speaker 13: Had a rough childhood growing up, made some questionable decisions early on that put me in a rough place.
Speaker 1: Though, Okay, I had my rights stripped away. And what today?
Speaker 13: I'm fourteen years clean and sober, good dad, good husband, homeowner and business owner.
Speaker 1: So keep pushing and can do anything good for you.
Speaker 2: And this could be simple stuff too. Some people I was asking earlier. I was like, it's never too late to learn stuff. It's never too late to learn and simple things like how to control your finances, how to save money, how to invest in stuff, how to balance your finances. That's just money based stuff. It could also be things like there's a lot of people, a stunning, shocking, jaw dropping amount of people who cannot swim. They're grown adults and they don't know how to swim. It can happen you grow up in a city you don't live in a neighborhood where a bunch of people have pools. You don't have a pool yourself. You're not going out on boats. You're in a landlocked state. All of a sudden, you're an adult. You don't know how to do it. It's never too late to do something like that. In fact, in that case, it could absolutely save your life, which is obviously important. One more, here's cool Hand Luke talking about the American Airlines flight that had bullet holes in it after coming back from Columbia.
Speaker 1: Hey, Joe, because about the bullet holes to the aircraft.
Speaker 11: I was a contractor and Iraq in Afghanistan for about ten years, all right, and there'll be plenty of times you would come back from a flight with the holes or shrapnel it, you know, in the airframe. And unless you're hitting you know, something vital like engine transmission or even like the cockpit area somewhere visible, you know, you're not going to know anything. So it'll be playing times, it'll be, you know, just there be indentations the beholes even inside.
Speaker 1: The all doors open just so.
Speaker 11: I'd imagine on a seven four seven, seven seven, anything bigger than that, you hardly would even notice so.
Speaker 2: He's saying you would not even notice as a pilot, because the pilot apparently didn't notice that the planet got shot. Which is crazy to think, like your pilot wouldn't know that your plane got shot while you're driving around this American Airlines flight coming back from Meti Yine, Columbia. All right, thank you for that. Thank you for some of those. That one email was garbage, but the rest of them are going to be just gems. So send your feedback in right now tips at the news junkie dot com, or record a dispatch on the newsjunkie dot com right now. Quick quick announcement if you if you'll allow, I just want to say, for the record, I had nothing to do with this. Despite some conversation that's taking place on social media right now, I saw a couple of people sharing this around and blaming me. I want you to know I had nothing to do with this. My whereabouts and alibi are rock solid. But after being mentioned on the show the other day, and this has happened a disturbing amount of times, after being mentioned on the show the other day, the inventor of Jeffing has died.
Speaker 3: You killed.
Speaker 2: We randomly mentioned this guy on the show the other day. Don't mention him once for all, all the time you've been listening to this show. One time we bring this dude up. Jeff Galloway, the inventor of Jeffing where you can run and then walk, and then run and then walk as a strategy to get through a marathon or you have to set some record times for yourself. He is dead at eighty years old, just a couple of days after being featured on this show.
Speaker 1: Nothing to do with that. I did not, I am not responsible.
Speaker 2: I shout him out for qualifying for the Olympic Games in the ten thousand meters in nineteen seventy two. I shout him out for being an influential running off author. I shout him out for having Jeffing like jogging running Jeffing, Jeffing named after him.
Speaker 1: Shouts out to you, Jeff Galloway. But it wasn't me who did him in.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately it was Bill Paxson.
Speaker 1: It was it was just his body.
Speaker 2: His body did and then dead. Right, yeah, but not related to the show. I don't want there to be no because.
Speaker 3: When that happened, you were screaming to ceiling and myself that we had killed Bill Pax, then, so you killed Jeff.
Speaker 1: I don't think I killed this person, Geff. I mean some random world.
Speaker 2: If this guy was happening to listen to the station, like, oh, I don't get a lot of mentions.
Speaker 1: We're talking about jeffing right now, and then he kicks it.
Speaker 2: But I don't think that happened at least I don't for now. Let us know what you think. Send a dispatch over at the news Junkie dot com when we come back much more to get it too. We'll get geared up for the next episode, a big show on a Thursday, So hang with us.
Speaker 1: That's all coming up next in the News Junkie.
Speaker 2: I can't believe they're still talking about the US men's hockey team and they're trying to do anything they can. And when I say they, I mean the media. The media outlets are trying to do anything they can to make this some big divisive thing.
Speaker 1: But it turns out nobody really cares.
Speaker 2: Because some of the guys for the US hockey team were out on the ice for an NHL game this week and they got a big, big applause, nice big applause out there, USA chance. Yeah, they got all the USA chants, the USA chance that they could possibly ask for. I think I've got some of this. Let's listen to you a little bit.
Speaker 1: Here, Jordi. The United States, it's first men's hockey goals. This guy, well, if it's nights, that.
Speaker 2: Guy talk like that all the time. Whoa buddy, deep breath, Relax, keep it calm, Everything's gonna be fine. Shack there he goes. He got big applause that were chanting USA, USA, over and over again. And nobody really actually cares about this stuff outside of a couple of people in Washington, d C. They kept trying to get the women to dump in on this and be like, aren't you upset about this? Aren't you upset? Do you feel disrespected? In fact, I think I even have one of the women's hockey players. And just for the record, I'll say it again I said a million times. I'll say it till I'm blue or red or whatever color in the face. I'll say it until I'm eating water and just dead. I think both of the US teams are awesome, and they kicked ass gold medal winners. Huge, huge ups to Team USA. I love them both. And it was really impressive what they did over there in Italy. I think they're both awesome, but they keep trying to make this like this divisive thing. And they asked this women's hockey player like, you know, this isn't this the problem? And all they want to do is push past it, And in a way, I go, guys, what the.
Speaker 1: Hell, man, why don't.
Speaker 2: You ask the women's hockey players instead of asking them stuff about the men's hockey situation and going to the White House, Why don't you just ask them about how awesome it was that they won. Why are you asking them about.
Speaker 1: This one line?
Speaker 3: Why the Michael Jordan but grab, yeah, I won the Daytona five hundred, and.
Speaker 1: That's what it got overshadowed.
Speaker 3: It just wanted to ask about it.
Speaker 1: Did it got overshadowed? Actually by it? And this is kind of doing the same thing.
Speaker 15: And it's a shame to be coming home with a gold medal again. I mean, we were focused on being successful as a group and going over there taking care of business, and I mean it's not something we're focused on or really thinking about. We're moving forward and yeah, we did what we did there, and we're proud of our groups.
Speaker 1: What happened or something we had no control over.
Speaker 15: And we take so much pride to what we did and we love our group that we're not gonna let anything take that from us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why would you?
Speaker 2: Why didn't you start asking them questions about them, not somebody else. So many of these things traced back to the people asking the questions. The people asking the questions, the journalists, and some of them where they just they write stuff that you go, my god.
Speaker 3: So is this based on that conversation with Trump and the men's hockey team.
Speaker 2: Yes too, And this is the US men's hockey team going to the White House and being at the State of the Union.
Speaker 3: But wasn't there some sort of comment about the women's hockey team with that conversation Trump had.
Speaker 2: Trump made a phone call to them in the locker room and said he was inviting them to the White House, and he said I have to invite the women's team as well, and he's tossed that in during the phone call.
Speaker 1: I didn't really think it was that big of a deal.
Speaker 2: And it seems that the US women's national team didn't really think it was that big of a deal either. I mean, some of them I think were like a little prickly about it, but mostly they just want to be asked about their win.
Speaker 1: And I don't blame them for that.
Speaker 2: It's the lame thing when you take something like this and you're like, hey, let's overshadow everything that you've done and make it all about this thing that we want to be a controversy, and then they're constantly working this different way. Somebody had posted a clip of back in twenty twelve where on MSNBC they were mad at a hockey player who didn't want to go to the White House.
Speaker 1: They were mad at a hockey player who didn't actually have the clip. Let me see if we get anything from me.
Speaker 3: It's time, as it always is.
Speaker 5: For what now.
Speaker 17: Boston Bruins goalie Tim Thomas RSVP, Thanks but no thanks to a White House invitation?
Speaker 6: What do we make of that?
Speaker 17: Tim Thomas points out that he sorry. Tim Thomas said, I exercised my free right right as a free citizen and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion, both parties are responsible.
Speaker 1: For the situation we are in as a country.
Speaker 9: I mean, I think this is kind of the hyperpartisanship that just irritates everybody.
Speaker 1: It's like, is that MSNBC White House.
Speaker 9: You don't have to run an ad or cut a commercial or anything. Just go to the White House, take part, celebrate, just like everybody else celebrates with Republicans or Democratic presidents.
Speaker 17: Especially the ones you're getting honored. Obollo made specific mention of him during his sixth minutes.
Speaker 2: So obviously this is something that they've completely turned on in the time since that. And now you can run all sorts of wild stuff in Canada where they're just absolutely letting loose. This was one of the articles they had about the US men's hockey team, and it says the state of the Union was a zoo. In the team USA people were monkeys, which is something that can only say about a hockey team.
Speaker 1: All right, all right.
Speaker 2: There was also and I only saw a little bit about this, but there was also a story that some people were posting and maybe we could find out the details on this, Seilan NHL, as far as I could tell, NHL made a post on x dot com and they showed a hockey player with his little kid, kid about the same age as Jackson.
Speaker 1: They showed a hockey player with his little kid and they.
Speaker 2: Took the post down because all of the comments were saying, oh, yeah, you know you you proud that you visited the pedophile in the White House with a little kid, like this is your little son, know how you really feel about all these things, and and they were just eating this person.
Speaker 1: Alive with a story. Dylan Strom was the guy.
Speaker 2: He's not even an American hockey player as far as I know st r.
Speaker 1: O m E.
Speaker 4: He's a Washington Capitol's player and that the commenters, yeah, you're right, he wasn't. I mean, he might be American, but he wasn't on team USA. He wasn't in the Olympics. They're just linking him to the locker room controversy.
Speaker 1: I had seen it.
Speaker 2: I might be wrong, but I had seen that he's Canadian, and yeah, he wasn't even on the Olympic team.
Speaker 1: He is Canadian.
Speaker 2: And they just got it because it was a hockey player with their little son in a photograph. And the NHL took it down because all these people were going after this guy in the comments like this has.
Speaker 1: Made some of you people weird, but for real, like weird. This is a lot of this stuff just makes you people really really weird and you engage in really bad behavior.
Speaker 2: Shouts out to the people who got Olympics medals. Shouts out to the people, even if they didn't, who made it to that level and really were performing at an incredibly high level.
Speaker 1: I love it, I appreciate it. Go Team USA, all of you.
Speaker 2: And I think this kind of stuff is so dumb that we should just relegate the people posting stuff like this to the dust bin of the Internet. Please forever in a day, tell me what you think, send it a dispatch record yours over at the news Junkie dot com, Thenewsjunkie dot com, and we'll get to some of those in just a moment, including well, you know, I can work in one or two of these. Some of these I just don't want to play, say Shell's that's that's a very TLDR dispatch about Samsung.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna I'm gonna pass on on that. I will go over to.
Speaker 2: Here's Shelby talking about what happened over in Cuba, because there was this whole situation where this Florida boat, it was a Florida registered boat, made it to the coast of Cuba and then, according to the Cubans opened fire on a Cuban Coast Guard ship. They were a turned fire and killed for these people who were, as far as I can tell, Cubans living in the state of Florida. And then they arrested the rest of them, and there was like a plan according to some of the reports, for these people to take over Cuba. Like they just thought they were going to come with ten people in a speedboat and take over the country.
Speaker 1: Here Shelby done.
Speaker 8: So my thoughts regarding this whole Cuban boat situation, well, I don't really know.
Speaker 1: To be honest, I don't really care.
Speaker 4: But I love a Cuban sandwich, and I love Sabrina and I would love her to represent me.
Speaker 1: For Fritz on the Street, Oh, I have bad news about that. There is no Fritz on the Street today. Remind me next week Fritz on the Street is canceled.
Speaker 2: Fritz didn't get enough answers or something like that, and I guess we'll have to do that next week on the show instead. But you can continue asking if you want. It's just I'm not going to remember anybody who asks me. I'm not I'm not going to remember anybody who asked me at all. Okay, all these other emails can hold. I'm putting all of you on hold for right now. We'll get to some of them when we come back. Some of them are just not good enough for the show. But yours, I'm I'm definitely confident of that, so send over an email tips tips at thenewsjunkie dot com. I wanted to share one thing with you real quick before we find out what's on the next episode. Did you guys see this unbelievable footage? There was these guys who were out on the snow slopes as they call them, and one of their friends got caught in a little mini avalanche and they happen to be recording GoPros and all, and they captured themselves. I guess you could say saving this guy's I heard it they're skiing?
Speaker 1: Is that making those beep sounds like it? They find out their friend got.
Speaker 3: All right, hold on.
Speaker 2: I know, I knew he said it at the end, but I didn't notice said it right there too. He doesn't say it from this part on, So it's just I'm not one hundred percent positive it was fleeting, but we'll be extra careful here. It was sleeping, but we'll be extra careful.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 2: Here, here's the guy digging through the snow. If he says another curse word, you're not gonna hear it, all right, They see him, they dive in and start trying to unbury him as fast as they can.
Speaker 3: Hands sticking out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just his hand as as skis are sticking out of the snow. I'll put this up on See it now so you can see it. They're trying their best to unbury his face. Finally they get his face clear. Okay, there he is. That's the guy said, Yeah, I'm okay. And I guess you would die from that, right, like you cannot breathe under the snow. You would suffocate. But they were able to save him. I'm gonna grab a screenshot of this and I'm gonna put it up on See It Now so you can see the whole thing, even with a couple of exciting f bombs that come right along with Check that out over on the news Junkie dot com and to See It Now section. And right now, let's find out what's coming up on the next episode.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you so quickly. You're gonna believe this. My whole thing, justum crash right, can I get a copy of The Drop Slinger? Please break?
Speaker 16: You?
Speaker 3: Bad fans and Game of Throne fans are at war. But anyone who knocks at Walter White's door will be greeted by a new owner, according to reports that are a little bit controversy bait spider Man. Spider Man does whatever China wants. Plus the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees are out and cue the old man outrage for the ones that don't rock their roles. A'll that and so much more coming up on the next episode.
Speaker 1: And that is coming up next on the news Junkie.
Speaker 2: Lots of emails coming in today, like an an ordinate amount of emails, and seventy five percent maybe I'll actually go to eighty percent. Eighty percent of them are good, so let's keep those numbers up. There are some that are just got awful bad. There's a couple a couple of stragglers coming in here from the more well, I don't know, some of you seem ill.
Speaker 1: It's like one or two people. It's like the.
Speaker 2: Anonymous email I read earlier where there was not even a coherent thought in it.
Speaker 3: I get to good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't even know. I still don't know what that person was talking about.
Speaker 2: It was something about Turet's and calling somebody an a hole, and none of it came together. I know that you can put up better emails than that, So I challenge you, even that guy, even Turret's guy. I challenge you right now to send about a one tipsthewsyunkie dot com.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get into it. Let's do the next step episode, because there's a lot on TV and you can't possibly keep up with all of it, even though you should, because what else are you going to talk about?
Speaker 6: So far?
Speaker 1: He's pretty cut, so far nothing, Weather's nice. It's time for the next episode with Sabrina.
Speaker 6: Hey, hold up the next episode brought to you.
Speaker 3: Buy that mortgage guy down that mortgage guy don dot com. That's where you start the process process of what working with an awesome guy, especially if you're refinancing that beautiful home you own, maybe you're looking to buy your first stream home, deconsolidation, reverse mortgages, you're going to start a business or expand the business you have is work with someone who's got your back. He's an expert, but a friend that you could also trust. So start that trusting whenever you're ready by going to that mortgage guy down dot com.
Speaker 1: Don't miss the Volco.
Speaker 3: Martgage dot com.
Speaker 2: Hey, not for nothing, but I just saw mortgage rates dipped below six percent for.
Speaker 1: The first time in a very long time.
Speaker 2: So I know there's people who have kind of been championed the bit to refinance. They're not all the way down to where they used to be in the glory days, but those those rates are starting to drop pretty good.
Speaker 1: So you should think about that.
Speaker 2: Don't forget about that mortgage you got, that mortgage you got, Dawn.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, even if you're curious, he's going to tell you when and how and everything else. As far as acting on things, I don't know if you remember. I thought it was much longer ago, but it was just eight years ago, twenty eighteen, that this lady right here is a yeah and on this day in twenty eighteen she revealed what.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Gay?
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't. I don't think she's gay.
Speaker 1: Well it's if so big news today. Yes, isn't she a gay hero? Though? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's also a hero of Clone dogs. Because it was on the same she revealed that she had her dog cloned Jill Lice baby must be nice to be rich?
Speaker 1: And how did that work out for Ms streisand.
Speaker 3: Uh, same dogs, same dog, twice cloned. I imagine still alive? Or do clone dogs have a smaller life span?
Speaker 2: I think they're supposed to be the same in a lot of Waysweet.
Speaker 3: Happy birthday, clone dogs, and happy nomination to those that were nominated in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The results are in kind of Rock and Roll Hall of Fame announced their nominees for the twenty twenty six class. There are seventeen and ten of them first timers. Rule what's his mother of the name?
Speaker 1: There's always one there. I'm like where, I'm like, wow, I see John?
Speaker 3: I do not see John.
Speaker 1: They get a DMX in there, dx.
Speaker 3: GMx ceiling that was really good and I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: No it don't it hurt him? I could tell that doing that hurt him.
Speaker 3: At that's probably what Barbara skate dogs sound like.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: In order to be eligible, artists must have released their first commercial recording at least twenty five years ago. So are you ready to feel old as well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was a couple on these lists that I was like, oh really, and now, Mark, which.
Speaker 3: Of these nominees are going to have some old man rock and roll panties in a bunch? We have ladies, gentlemen, gender not conforming that barbarstreison. The Black Crows are nominated, okay, yeah, Jeff Buckley, all.
Speaker 1: Right, it's good, yes, dead right, yes, sad swimmer, good swimmer. Oh he drowned, ye ate water.
Speaker 3: Mariah Carey is going to be maybe in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Everyone get in or is.
Speaker 5: It a thing?
Speaker 1: They're nominated and then the panel votes, what a tease?
Speaker 3: Why nominated?
Speaker 1: And then the people vote, But that only counts as one panel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there can be a million people voting and it's just one vote.
Speaker 9: This guy.
Speaker 3: Very exciting for him, at least because I'm part of the fandom. OHI Collins, Phil Collins is right, Billy boy, Melissa Etherrich. I guess technically I'm a fan too because of our shared love of ladies. Lauren Hill also fan because we both love being late Billy idol in Excess, Iron Maiden, Joy Division Slash, New Order, New Edition, Oasis, Pink Pink. Oh my god, it's been that long already. Yeah yeah, oh yeah, I get the party started as twenty five years old.
Speaker 1: No, not that song, but her first album, Oh.
Speaker 3: Miss No, that wasn't misunderstood. That was she was kind of like R and B Pink with a very short pinca.
Speaker 2: I'm probably totally wrong about this, but I think the misunderstood one was where it was like, just so you know, she's got a little bit of an edge tear.
Speaker 4: Yeah, miss understood with a Z again, please miss understood.
Speaker 1: It's M I S S U N D A Z t O O D was the second studio release. Can't Take Me Home was in two thousand rates, So yeah, Can't Take Me Home was the debut.
Speaker 3: Album Shaquida Shakita.
Speaker 4: That was the one that I kind of thought, Wow, it's been twenty five years of Shakira and those hips not likely. But did Shakira crossover twenty five years ago or did she have like some like Spanish language only albums that were released that didn't really hit in the US, but qualifies her for the twenty five year rule?
Speaker 3: I see, I don't know, zealing. I feel like it would be the big hit that puts her as a contender.
Speaker 1: No, it's just your first album. You can have a bunch of crap albums a couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: All right, why dont they just call this the Music Hall of Fame at this point because Shakira is like one thousand percent not rock and roll.
Speaker 1: We all know that.
Speaker 2: Wow, yeah, why not just call it the Music Hall of Fame and then everybody's good.
Speaker 3: Luther Vandros is also going to be a nominee.
Speaker 1: Okay, havn't that Grammy?
Speaker 3: He got Wu Tang Clan And I'm a huge fan of Shade and she will also be nominated too.
Speaker 1: I think she's super talented.
Speaker 3: Go on tour, please, it's not rock and roll. The fan vote currently underway. Fans can vote for their seven favorites once a day. Official inductees will be announced in April, the ceremony sometime in the fall.
Speaker 1: Damn. Shakira's first studio album was in nineteen ninety one.
Speaker 2: I really think one they could fix all of this by just literally calling it not just the Music Hall of Fame, but but it's better to have, like, because I've been to the Country Music Hall of Fame Andshville, and I found that the biggest problem was it was the Country Music Hall of Fame and I don't really care about country music that much.
Speaker 1: And if it was just like one place, all of the music's, all of the types of music.
Speaker 3: Con it's a funny little thing.
Speaker 2: Now I think that's better. I think you get one place and that everybody from around the world goes. I want to go to the Music Hall of Fame. That's the spot.
Speaker 1: I think you fix this easily.
Speaker 3: Let's uh, maybe can you add comments to your vote any chance?
Speaker 1: Probably not to just stand the change.
Speaker 3: Yeah, cent evax or something.
Speaker 4: Shakira was fourteen when her first album was Wow, That's crazy. But like I said, it was all Spanish language until a little bit later when she crossed over.
Speaker 3: Well no more Spanish. Gmusa congratulations saw the gold medalists hockey coming into the conversation again today, and I am surprised we are just now hearing from him, considering the last Olympics and his full blown involvement. But finally, this fella, this put his name into that is right and Flavor flav has expanded, has offered to host the women's gold medal hockey team for a celebration in Vegas. Baby all right, So it's like you.
Speaker 1: Don't want to visit Trump, so come visit Flavor Flavor.
Speaker 3: Well, remember there was a scheduling issue.
Speaker 1: Also, real real quick question.
Speaker 2: When I look at the Team USA medals, because I was trying to figure out how many gold medals we brought home, it only says twelve. It only says twelve. That's obviously not that's that's counting. The hockey teams is just one, right, yeah, all right, so that makes it seem lower than the amount of people bringing home gold is higher.
Speaker 1: Than it would seem at twelve, but still impressive.
Speaker 3: Flavor Flavor is extending the invite to all female US Olympic and Paralympic medalists and social media. He said he wanted to go bigger and better by inviting these athletes alongside the US bob sled and skeleton team. Real quick question, what's that skeleton?
Speaker 2: There's different in types of bossing. A smaller crew skeleton is one of the types of bob sledding.
Speaker 1: That's all I know.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's like tinier, like junkie size or something.
Speaker 1: I don't I'll find out what's going on with I want to.
Speaker 3: Bring all the United States female Olympians and Paralympians who won medals. I got you guys covered. We're going to throw a big party for one night. We got to build up everybody, and that's what this is all about. I want to see everybody bring your body to the party.
Speaker 1: Dig it. Oh, skeleton is just one person on the sled. Yeah, this is the sled is not much? Wow, this sled does or anything. No, It's just like a flat piece of material and then a little like metal handle on top.
Speaker 4: And it looks like contrary to what we were all told as elementary schoolers, they are going down this thing headfirst.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you have it. Also, congratulations. I think I brought this up either last week or the week prior that. The house I was made famous by this TV show right here, Breaking Bad, Breaking Bad is right. The last time we talked about it, se Lane, I had said the listing had changed a little bit for the four bedroom property. How much was the listing price as of two weeks ago?
Speaker 1: You said it had gone down a lot.
Speaker 3: Yes, it was originally up for four million dollars in January of twenty twenty five, and then a couple of weeks ago I said they dropped that number down to four hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: That seems so low. Yeah, so low.
Speaker 3: So tell me why Aiden Ross spent one point three million dollars on the Breaking Bad House. Because he's the new owner, bidding war congratulations to They call him controversial. I don't know Aiden, Well, he is a controversial guy that makes sense, plenty of money and obviously not a great real estate agent because he spent one point three million dollars on Walter White's house. Officially, Ross reportedly won out of twenty legitimate offers for the home, announcing he won the bit earlier this month. The live streamer road on social media he would do everything in his power to make his new house a one to one replica of just how you see it in the show Bitch on the Boottube. We've got Georgie and Mattie's first Marriage on CBS.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Also on CBS Ghosts, Matlock and Elsbeth. You can catch episode eight of Star Trek Starfleet Academy on Paramount plus, fourth season finale of Bridgerton, series premiere of the Gray House on Amazon and Sterling k Brown Sexy Sexy Man, It's gonna be on Kimmel. Follow Your Dreams and me on Instagram. That's a great hand bro. Most importantly, they with me America.
Speaker 1: Smady, thank you, Sabrina. I learn so removed from Ghosts, like we love Ghosts. We loved the first season.
Speaker 3: Are you gonna call?
Speaker 1: Oh? Okay? I thought you were just speaking generally. Yeah. No, no, no, that too.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I have a lot of living to do. Is this like the new Ghostbusters theme song Ghosts?
Speaker 4: No, the Ghosts on CBS, which was in the in the rundown there. I we loved the first season. We thought it was really funny, it was really good, and we I think we just got distracted by a bunch of other things and nothing has pulled me back to Ghosts. What about Paradise? Oh yeah, I only we only had three episodes to watch. We watched one one night and uh blew through the other two the next night. And I have in the interim because I've been at such a deficit of Paradise. I have watched this week alone the whole first season again.
Speaker 3: This guy, it'd be an interesting season, but then reports came out that it's gonna end at season three.
Speaker 1: That hate that the first season was only eight episodes. I bet this season will be the same.
Speaker 2: Sometimes they do that, and the weird thing is juxtaposed that what they're doing with the Paradise Show with Severance, which they just announced that Apple has purchased everything to do with Severance, the television show, and then they said Apple.
Speaker 1: Was already on Apple.
Speaker 2: What more was there to boy, the company bought the rights. You might be able to sort this out and see what it actually was. But it says they bought the IP and everything. They're not just Apple now owns it. And they greenlit a fourth season and a fifth season. Yes, so like they said, immediately.
Speaker 4: We're going to do even more full intellectual property rights to Severance from fifth season, which was the name of the production studio.
Speaker 1: So don't make that pfused. And they've spent just under seventy million dollars, which.
Speaker 3: Do they more just to do the last season?
Speaker 2: It costs a lot to make that show for some reason. There's a lot of money going around.
Speaker 1: You got Ben Stiller back there, he's probably making some money.
Speaker 4: Well, there was a lot more scenery in the second season than just being stuck in an office all the time.
Speaker 1: There was a lot more probably on location, filling tons of snow, just a lot more location.
Speaker 2: All right, we're going to take a quick break. When we come back, we'll break down more TV shows like this and let you know everything that's going on. I want to tell you they finally have released the information. I didn't think we were going to get to know this. This is an update that I didn't think I could bring to you, an update on a big mystery that we've been talking about on the show as coming up next.
Speaker 1: In the news junk Kie.
Speaker 2: I have to tell you nothing makes me feel more uncomfortable than the new imaging on our home station here where I feel like I'm playing double Dutch when we're coming back from I'm exciting.
Speaker 1: Are we are we back? Are we are we not?
Speaker 2: We used to have these little things that went real radios No no, no, and okay, cool that And then you play the rejoint audio.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're in a different spot, but they also have a lot more layers to it and very exciting.
Speaker 1: They're exciting now. But I sit there and I go, should I fire the rejoint? Do I play? I'm very uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Attention.
Speaker 2: It's keeping me on my Toesna, Yeah, it's keep me on my toes over here.
Speaker 1: All right, here's the update on this story that has uh been.
Speaker 2: It's kept my interest for at least a little while, but I thought we'd never get any news on this. The thing that happened was these astronauts they went up to space as as they do, and there was a group job. There was four of them, Sea Lane and Crew eleven was the name of this group. They went up into the International Space Station and then all of a sudden they were sent back and it was like, oh, there's an emergency. There's some sort of a medical emergency with these people. And here's the story that we got when this happened. An ailing astronaut returned to Earth with three others on Thursday, ending their space mission more than a month early. So they had to come back a month early. And they wouldn't say which of the astronauts it was. They wouldn't say what was going on. They didn't say anything, And it was like, wait, what was the space mystery illness that this person had?
Speaker 1: And I guess we'll just never learned this. Well we did. Now they've revealed who it was. NASA's mystery patient from last month's sudden International Space Station return has stepped forward he said, it was me. How was the sick one? Mike think is my name? And it was me, as said.
Speaker 2: The veteran astronaut confirmed this week that he was the crew member who suffered from a medical event that prompted NASA to end this all early. Fink didn't disclose details of his condition, but he said that he needed immediate attention from his crewmates and support from NASA flight surgeons.
Speaker 1: Status quickly stabilized.
Speaker 2: It there was something of that had to do, like the idea that they needed to help Sabrina from NASA flight surgeons.
Speaker 1: I mean that means that there.
Speaker 2: Was something going on in this guy's body that they had to work on for at least a little while. They decided the safest move was to return home and use advanced medical imaging not available in the space station and they have basic medical gear up there. But it triggered a domino effect and lots of stuff happened as a result. Finkey, a retired Air Force colonel, has been an astronaut since nineteen ninety six, has been in space for five hundred and forty nine days.
Speaker 1: Damn, you are a braver man than I. But he was the one.
Speaker 2: Now we know, he was the one who was sick and stayed in the hospital overnight when he came back.
Speaker 4: So when you say that you're a retired Air Force you said colonel, right, colonel. Yeah, he was a retired Air Force colonel. So he had a career in the Air Force and then became an astronaut.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I guess so you had like enough to call yourself retired. Yeah. I've seen some people from the order around that. I'm like, did you retire or did you just get a different job and quit this job.
Speaker 2: This guy's impressive. You're an astronaut. That's impressive just on its own. Just like I said, I'm impressed with.
Speaker 1: The gold medal winners and everybody who won gold coming back from the Olympics shouts out, let's go America.
Speaker 2: I'm also impressed with all the astronauts because I know they it's not like he used to be. They used to be taking ads out in the newspaper and they say, help want it, We want somebody to go to space.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they didn't have enough people, but said somebody.
Speaker 4: A lot of the early ones were like fighter pilots that were were good old boys and like to push the limitations of their aircraft and you know, try to fly it higher and higher, and then you know, going into space was just like the next kind of logical step.
Speaker 2: There were some brave men and women that have put themselves on the line, many of them losing their lives to further humanity's quest into space. Thinking, if I'm saying your name wrong, I apologize. Think Mike, think I think you were one of them. I'm sorry that you weren't feeling well. I'm glad you're back.
Speaker 1: Now. Just tell us what it was.
Speaker 2: Okay, what was the medical thing? I know I have no right to know at all, but I appreciate it. This this half update.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't like that, you know, just Mike Fink comes out and says it was me not gonna tell you.
Speaker 15: What I have.
Speaker 1: I wonder I would rather have not had the update.
Speaker 2: Oh, I like to know that we at least narrowed it down to who it was, because there was a lot of people online like maybe one of those ladies had their period in space.
Speaker 3: No, they send them with one hundred tampons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's fine. Yeah, and if anything, they have far too many tons of tamponsle round.
Speaker 2: But I put this person. I put all of them in the same class of characters. Very very impressive astronauts. Chris, I mean, Mike, Mike think you are I salute you. You're an astronaut. Along the lines of Miss Katy Perry. We really true.
Speaker 1: He's much more of an astronaut than Katie Perry. Feel Katie, how do you feel you're an astronaut? Now you're an astronaut?
Speaker 2: Gail King, whoever else went up there, you know, they all did it. Congratulations, Maybe could have it feels like it might have been something uncomfortable. Yeah, yeah, because if it was something if you had a heart attack, I think you, Mike would have come forward and been like, hey, I just want you guys to know I had a heart attack in space. First space heart attack. M yeh heart attack in space. Can't take me down, baby, still alive and kicking it. And I'm the first space heart attack person.
Speaker 1: Nobody wants that first space space coatsy.
Speaker 2: No, nobody's gonna People aren't gonna take interest in the first space coatsy.
Speaker 1: That's not great. The other astronauts would.
Speaker 3: Get it, all right.
Speaker 2: Let's see, we got some dispatches and emails to rip wide open here in just a moment, Send them in before I get to them, and you could be right on the show. Tips at thenewsjunkie dot com or record a dispatch on the website.
Speaker 1: The news junkie dot com.
Speaker 2: One thing I saw looking at a lot of discussion around the Winter Olympics, around some things that happened this week, I saw a story one of them that I can relate to.
Speaker 1: This I can't relate to the story, but I can relate it to me telling you this.
Speaker 2: Right now, where there were these guys going to hang out and they were on this ski lift and one of them almost fell off.
Speaker 1: Did you guys see this about like the people? One of the people almost fell off the ski lift. Let me see if I can bring up a video.
Speaker 2: It was in Big Bear and their friend was like dangling and they were trying to hang on to him as best as they could Big Bear Ski. Let me see if I can bring this upisode, I can illustrate it for everybody.
Speaker 1: Oh here it is okay the Nightmare Man. So their friend is on the ski lift and and he slides off and they're trying to hold on to him. Into her newsroom, she was a skier you could see him hanging up.
Speaker 3: A ski lift with two people holding her by her arm.
Speaker 1: They're holding her to her today so far it's been more than eight millow and.
Speaker 2: She's just high enough in some of these parts that I'm seeing where if she fell it would be pretty bad.
Speaker 1: She WoT to break a leg at the very least made it to the unloading area and that has to go back down. Yeah, I guess, I guess you have to go back down. No, she could get down.
Speaker 2: She she she ended up being okay, but she was falling off of the ski lift, which so you guys know they're like these baskets and then go up the side of the ski slopes and.
Speaker 1: Er Shawn, they know what a ski lift is. Do you know what?
Speaker 2: You know what I learned the most from this. I saw people discussing this. I have, and actually I think we might all be in the same boat here. I've never been skiing in my entire life, not snow Yeah, I've never been snow skiing, not once in my life. But I saw a big conversation of surface as a result of this, and they said, do you know how expensive it is to ride these ski lifts?
Speaker 1: No? Well, obviously. No, I've never never heard this before.
Speaker 2: And people complain about their power bill and all these other things. The skiers are complaining about their ski lift bills. When you go to one of these places, you have to pay to go on the ski lift for the day, this rudimentary lift that brings you up so you could do the pizzas in the French Fries.
Speaker 1: Are you paying one feed to use it for the whole day or is this like a one time ride. They have day passes and I think they have longer ones too. By one pass and from what I heard, the day passes are like three hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: That's expensive. And at some places, if you don't bring your own gear, you have to rent, and that's pretty pricey as well.
Speaker 2: That's that's that's expensive. Three hundred dollars just to ride it up. And then if you're yeah, like you said, if you're renting your ski gear, I don't know how much it costs to rent the gear for the weekend.
Speaker 3: It is just to write it up, but you're also just utilizing the mountain and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but for a day, that's more than Disney World.
Speaker 2: Yeah, three hundred dollars for a person is more than Disney World costs a ticket into the actual venue.
Speaker 1: Itself that I knew.
Speaker 2: A pass, No, no, just one day one park is like two hundred dollars and some change. Now they're not all this expensive. I don't want to be putting that out there. I guess they start. Some of them are cheaper, and they's some around one hundred dollars or so, but some of them are as expensive. His three hundred dollars to ride the damn ski lift for the day, which is kind of crazy to think about.
Speaker 1: But there you go.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get into some of these emails coming in Tips at the News Junkie dot com.
Speaker 1: Go skiing a urinal for much less. You're not supposed to have.
Speaker 2: Tony emails the show Tips at the News Junkie dot com. And he said, when you said you had an update on an old story, I cannot be the only person who had a sliver of hope it was going to be an update about Dick Tips.
Speaker 1: And the missing body.
Speaker 2: Wow did we ever get any resolution to that story? Loved the show, says Tony. For those of you who are the uninitiated, Dick Tips was this guy who I think owned a funeral home.
Speaker 4: Yeah, which, weirdly enough, his name is Robert, but he goes by Dick usually you see that from a Richard.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And this this guy was in the news because they lost somebody's body at the funeral home where he worked.
Speaker 1: And we were tracking this for a while while, and this is funny. I tried to ask chat GPT if there was an update. I said, Dick Tips, did they ever find the body?
Speaker 2: And it says there's no verified missing person or criminal case involving somebody legitimately named Dick Tips if you're referencing the viral prank name that's been used in fake calls and internet jokes similar.
Speaker 1: To Mike Hunt style gags. There isn't any real missing body case connected to it.
Speaker 2: If you've met a different person who specific case, give me more detail. I don't know that I've heard anything on that case. But there was a body that went missing and they thought it was this guy who was like a stalker and kind of obsessed.
Speaker 1: And that's about all I remember that I don't remember.
Speaker 4: It says the body of Julie Mott has never been found. According to news articles. Mott died at age twenty five, of complications related to cystic fibrosis. That was in August of twenty fifteen.
Speaker 3: And everybody's been missing since.
Speaker 4: The remainder stolen from the Mission Park Funeral Chapel run by mister Dick Tips in San Antonio, Texas sometime between the end of our memorial service and the facilities opening the next morning.
Speaker 3: And how's business been for them?
Speaker 1: Since it doesn't say?
Speaker 4: A jury awarded Moss family good eight million dollars in a civil lawsuit against the funeral home for negligence.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: The trial revealed lack of security, including a twenty year old alarm code known by nearly two dozen people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they lost the body and then afterwards there was an effort to locate this person.
Speaker 1: They never found it.
Speaker 2: That's the update you can get from us now. But you could always request updates on stories like that. People do that all the time.
Speaker 1: People will ask me, hey man, what happened to that.
Speaker 2: Guy who said he was a human alien hybrid who had all the guns in the huge arsenal and stories that have caught people's attention over the years. If you have something you wanted update on, hit me up. I'll do my best to find out what the resolution is. If we got any tips t ips at the Newsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 1: All right, quick break.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we'll get into some updates out of Mexico. And the first time, the first time that there has been punishment for insider trading on prediction markets.
Speaker 1: Oh, I knew this was going to happen eventually.
Speaker 2: People would say, well, what if the football players know what color the gatorade is going to be that could be poured on the coach? Can't they cheat? That's not how they got them. It wasn't in the sports world. But somebody has been hit with accusations and punished for insider trading on one of these prediction markets.
Speaker 1: What did they try to predict? How did they make money? Who was it? All of that coming up next on The News Junkie.
Speaker 2: The first person who got in trouble for insider trading on a prediction market.
Speaker 1: And these are where you can bet on things happening.
Speaker 2: And we've talked about on the show, how well don't some of the football players know the color of the gatorade when you're gonna dump it on somebody? Isn't it possible that they would know and they could cheat, and it would be insider trading. And this is one of those things that everybody's on board with. On a week where we did the State of the Union and only like one or two things made both sides of the political aisles stand up together.
Speaker 1: Only like one or two things made.
Speaker 2: Everybody stand up at clap, you know, together, And one of them was that they didn't want insider trading for elected officials in Congress, which you know, yeah, of course, I don't even think they should be trading stocks at all. I don't think they should be while they're in office. Maybe it'll encourage them to get out of office a little quicker and vacate some of those seats to some people who are a little younger than them.
Speaker 1: There should be trading stocks at all. But maybe I'm standing up alone on that one.
Speaker 2: However, they all got together and they said insider trading equals bad. We all stand up, we all applaud for this, so we all do the same, I guess, hopefully for these prediction markets.
Speaker 1: And Calshi is the one in this case where for the.
Speaker 2: First time ever they accuse somebody of insider trading. They said, you knew private insider information about the thing that you were betting on, and it traces back, of all people to mister Beast. Oh I arguably the most famous man in the world, certainly one of the top three most famous people on planet Earth. Trump up there with whoever else is in the top three. But mister Beast is somebody who even though you might not know this, and some of you go, I don't know, I wantch YouTube.
Speaker 1: I've never seen a mister Beast video.
Speaker 2: If you go around the world, there are very few places you can go where he's Like Michael Jackson in his prime. There are so few places you can go where they don't know who the hell mister Beast is. Little kids will be in anywhere from Rwanda to Greenland and Antarctica and they'll go, hey, we know who mister Beast is.
Speaker 1: Nay show up every single time.
Speaker 2: In this case, an editor who works for YouTube's biggest creator, mister Beast, has been suspended from the prediction market platform CALSH and reported to federal regulators for insider trading.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's the first time the company has said anything like this. His name is r Tem Coptur.
Speaker 2: That's the employee of mister beasts art Em last name kaptu Are. He traded around four thousand dollars on markets related to mister Beast whilst he was working for mister Beest, and Calshey said, we discovered that he had near perfect trading success when he was betting about mister Beast.
Speaker 1: This account like, well, hang on, you gotta lose a little man.
Speaker 2: Oh's right, you got to fail a little bit in there, so looks a little more legit. But he was placing bets about mister Beast. What he would say in his next video the number of.
Speaker 3: Subscribers you wouldn't get caught.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when will he get married? Whatever you could bet on on the website. One of the people betting had a perfect record, and they started investigating and they found out, oh, this guy's an editor for mister Beest.
Speaker 1: So cal She says.
Speaker 4: In the past year, they've opened two hundred investigations and frozen a number of flagged accounts. All those investigations, over a dozen have become active cases.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 4: We've received questions from customers about how we identify violation and enforce our rules. So they released information about two insider trading cases we've recently closed.
Speaker 1: Okay on the mister Beast Kyle. It was the other one.
Speaker 4: The other one concerns a candidate who traded about two hundred dollars on his own candidacy for governor of California, really posted about it on social media, a violation of several Calshi rules.
Speaker 1: It must be somebody small, because why is it only two hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, punishment was a five year ban in financial penalty. The financial penalty was ten times the initial trade size. The candidate recently announced he's no longer running for governor, is now instead running for Congress. The second one was an insider who traded four thousand dollars on YouTube streaming markets, a violation of the insider trading rules. His pen punishment was two year suspension and financial penalty five times the initial trade size.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: I mean, these are like tiny little penalties for you're doing the same thing as if Martha Stewart was guilty of something at Center to Prison.
Speaker 1: How is this any different?
Speaker 2: You are operating with insider information that gives you an unfair advantage in the financial market.
Speaker 3: I thought the whole thing with Kelhi though, was like you're buying shares of something.
Speaker 1: That's how they get away with it. They it. So it's more like trading gambling. Yeah, more like a stockman gambling.
Speaker 2: Even though you can make an argument stocks are just like loot boxes.
Speaker 1: And all this stuff. It's all kind of the same thing. Round and round we go, over and over and over.
Speaker 2: I was just telling the folks on the stream, it's never more clear to me than on days like this morning that there is a Courtney side of the Internet, my lovely partner and her side of the Internet, and then there's Sean side of the internet.
Speaker 1: Dark, my son of the Internet.
Speaker 2: I told them, and I'm only going to give out some very sparse details about this. I told them, I saw a video this morning, a new video. It was it's a new like a shocking video that's making the rounds. I saw a new video this morning that nobody should watch. Nobody.
Speaker 1: You'll hear this story about the in getting arrested probably in.
Speaker 2: The next couple of days. That would be my guess, because they posted the footage of them doing this online and quite obviously you know they will be captured and you know all the rest will will play out.
Speaker 1: But I saw this video and.
Speaker 2: I was like, what's this and I didn't know where I was going on the shan side of the internet for far too long. And then I had just watched the video and sat there with my jaw on the floor and I look over and Courtney's just you know, she's on door dash er.
Speaker 4: This is why you need that sweet videos that phone that has the privacy screen. Oh god, Courtney looks over and you've got that thing on.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. It was.
Speaker 2: It was one of the worst ones I've ever seen. And I've seen so many of these shock videos, just kind of being in that world. There's there's like a shock video.
Speaker 1: It was. It was a very very disturbed man.
Speaker 2: I think it was probably teenage, early twenties, and he was with his grandmother and grandfather in the video. No they are no, they are definitely very much, one hundred percent without a shadow of it out, definitely no longer with us.
Speaker 11: And what for you?
Speaker 1: Alright, look I'm in question.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Is grandma and grandpa intact?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no no, the two pieces each multiple pieces each the part you weirdo, what do you want to know this? You're absolutely trying to get to the to the you know, nuts and bolts send.
Speaker 2: Out of curiosity, and I'm telling you not to look at it. And all I'm telling you on the shot side of the Internet, the favorites.
Speaker 3: Afforded to me on the Oh my god, totally is his favorite.
Speaker 2: No, it's not my favorites. But I could definitely show you the video. I don't know that anybody should want to see the video watch.
Speaker 3: The decision.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 2: No, I mean like, I'll tell you this so when it pops up, you guys know what I'm talking about, because it probably will at some point in time. There is a moment where this very disturbed individual who has a small axe in their hands, looks at the camera and just starts licking the axe, and I was like that, you.
Speaker 1: Know, Seawan, Internet, that's enough of you. That's enough for you this morning. No tissues, no moisturizer. I didn't get good grades.
Speaker 2: I don't have the moisturizer that that little kid in the Winter Storm had on that classic clip we played this week.
Speaker 1: But it was the Shan side of the Internet.
Speaker 2: I would tell you stay away, stay away, stay over like it's it's a black diamond. I'm I'm living the black diamond Internet life, and you probably should stay on the bunny slope.
Speaker 1: It's a better experience over them.
Speaker 3: Little part of me wants to be that lady who is hanging from the lift and I try to google it. Just now, man acts, Grandma, Grandpa. No, there is a massive list of cases involving.
Speaker 1: That people are so weird. It's such a strange world, and I think we're better off not knowing some of this. Guy I saw that list and goes, you know, nobody's video. Take this.
Speaker 3: Challenge.
Speaker 2: I have to do something brand new. Stay away from the shod side of the internet. Stay away, stay on the courtny side of the internet. It's a better place over there. I promise you that much. All right, a couple of things I want to work in here as we roll on in the show. Oh, here's what I wanted to talk about.
Speaker 1: And this is a MO question. Let's let's put this on the MO list.
Speaker 2: I'm going to show you something and it's a video, so I'm gonna describe it for everybody else. And in fact, I'll get a good screenshot right now so we can put it up on see it now and you can actually see the visual of this. But I have a lot of questions about this very short video. This is one of those people who drives around filming themselves on motorcycles.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you want to.
Speaker 2: Call this speed bike, crotch rocket, I don't know what the proper term for these kind of bikes are.
Speaker 1: It's a fast motorcycle.
Speaker 2: That's not your heartily style, your hog style, your chopper style. It's a speed bike, a race bike that this guy is on and he's driving down what appears to be an interstate. In this he sees an emergency vehicle and the emergency vehicle is having some trouble getting around traffic.
Speaker 1: Here's what follows. It speeds up revs is in geny. He goes in front of the emergency vehicle.
Speaker 2: Right now, just so you know what he's doing is he's ahead of the emergency v vehicle, lights on, sirens on, and he's revving his engine and telling people to scoot over and making way for this emergency vehicle to go through can of goo.
Speaker 1: He's giving them an escort. That's what he's doing. You can't do that, right, Why you can't just.
Speaker 2: Go well, I'm going to take it upon myself to give an escort to these emergency vehicles.
Speaker 3: I've I've seen videos like this before and they've proven to be very helpful when people are not paying attention, stuck in traffic, and you get someone who could go very fast, very quickly and move people aside. Give him the golden ticket.
Speaker 11: To do that.
Speaker 1: Just for the record, I'm not saying it's not working. You're not wrong. It's working. He's going up, he said, scoot over. He scoot over. Everybody's scoot over.
Speaker 3: It's a fast bike.
Speaker 15: You can hear it.
Speaker 1: Each car he revs his engine and he tells him move out of the way, and he makes room for the car behind him. Like this is illegal. It seems very illegal, but.
Speaker 3: All under a good samaritan of some sort.
Speaker 4: I don't know he's trying a good samaritan, but if nothing else, he is definitely just traveling in the emergency lane. He's doing that, somebody says. Some say John on YouTube says he's speeding to do it. He's definitely speeding. He's definitely in the lanes in emergency lanes and stuff. He's not supposed to be driving recklessly, for sure, but he's doing it all.
Speaker 2: Under the guys that he's clearing the way for the emergency vehicle that's having trouble getting through.
Speaker 3: But then stop still traffic, guys, he could get through it if he was in the other two lanes.
Speaker 1: They can still go drive through the lanes and stuff like.
Speaker 3: I don't even know if he's speeding because this is a highway and that's probably fifty five minimum.
Speaker 1: And he's it might just sound like he's speeding because he's reving his engine.
Speaker 3: This is stop still traffic or very slow moving.
Speaker 2: Nobody is really going super fast, but he is zooming in and out. And then at the end here again, i'll put this up on see it now so you can see the visual.
Speaker 1: At the end, they go around him. He gives him a thumbs up.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: He tries out running.
Speaker 16: I think.
Speaker 1: You're like, you can't do that, right.
Speaker 9: Well, he just did.
Speaker 2: Also, this is the biggest loophole ever that you can if you're helping out the cops and without their them asking that you could do break all these laws.
Speaker 4: I just realized because I was writing this on the mo list, I refer to the vehicle as an ambulance, but no, that was just a police officer.
Speaker 1: Yeahs and sirens.
Speaker 4: Though, Yeah, I still think he kind of violated some laws. I mean, I would be curious, what is the person driving the cop car? How do they feel about it? I don't know, But does it matter? You're still breaking the law, like you.
Speaker 2: Don't have You can't put it upon yourself that you're going to help the police with something. The police they might ask you and then maybe I think we talked about that with MO before, like they can deputize you for a moment or two, sort.
Speaker 3: Of deputized because they didn't pull him over.
Speaker 2: Now technically she's right, Zeilane, because he did it, and I don't think he's going.
Speaker 1: To jail for it. I think at the end, the cop goes, all right, yeah, thank you for doing that.
Speaker 2: Go look at this yourself over on see it now, and C says, can't the emergency vehicle just drive in the emergency lane? There wasn't enough room for it to fully go by, and the motorcycle was pushing people over to the right and saying go over, push over, push over, and making a little lane for the vehicle to get through. It just seems like an excellent excuse to be able to break a whole bunch of laws all at once.
Speaker 1: But let us know. Is this legal? Is this a legal thing to do?
Speaker 2: Give us your thoughts and a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com when we come back jury duty, including an update on a story we've been following pretty closely over the core this week.
Speaker 1: Some cuffs going out, somebody getting arrested.
Speaker 15: What for?
Speaker 1: That update is coming up next on the News Junkie.
Speaker 2: This is a dumb headline. I just have to say before we get into jury duty. I disagree with this. I'm going to bring up the CBS news story and it says a bird seen flying around Las Vegas was rescued. They captured the bird that was flying around Las Vegas, and they rescued it and they're bringing it back to where I guess it's supposed to be, Which is so funny for some reason because it's like, oh, you mean the bird that was birding, it was flying around. Yes, it was a two can, which is a little out of place in the Las Vegas desert. Yes, I acknowledge that, But the bird is supposed to fly around a two can could probably figure out how to eat out there.
Speaker 4: Maybe you just assume that the two can is loss if it's running wild in Vegas.
Speaker 3: Does cans are not native to Vegas deserts?
Speaker 4: Sure, they don't tend to be. No, didn't have Okay, did it have a ring on one of its claws.
Speaker 1: It's owned by something the cereal box. This says.
Speaker 2: A two can that has been seen flying around Las Vegas for months has been saved. We've all been just so worried about it for months, says sky Marsh. He's been flying around for months, and they said, Sam has found what a release Sam?
Speaker 1: The two can has been living in Las.
Speaker 2: Vegas since it's November, much to the concern of bird experts enthusiasts who were worried about the exotic bird's health and his ability to survive long term and his city with drastic weather changes. The little stinker decided it was time for help. He flew into somebody's garage, they said, and there you are. The Tucan is finally now. But the Tucan would probably argue that he was free before and now he's in a cage, and you're like, yeah, we got him in a cage. I don't know, I don't know that you really wanted help here. They had something out there in the desert. There's a lot of chorus.
Speaker 1: Can you see its legs in this?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 1: You can't? No, not not here.
Speaker 2: After the rescue group caught him, staff took him to a local veterinarian and there were some signs of wear and tear.
Speaker 1: They gave him fluids and blood work. I don't know where they go.
Speaker 2: Oh Sam's owner, who had posted on social media about the birds escaped from his cage in November, okay, have not been in contact with the rescue group just yet. So they had reached out and said, we lost our bird and they were trying to find it and they got this thing.
Speaker 1: Now it's in a cage and they're like, we got it.
Speaker 2: So it's finally good. I feel like the bird maybe wanted to just fly around a little bit more. And they do this all the time. It wasn't Vegas, the place where where people were putting little hats on the on the birds.
Speaker 1: Do you remember that on the pigeons? Was it a cowboy hat or pigeon hats? Vegas?
Speaker 2: I'll try to find this the story we did so long ago. This was in twenty nineteen. It's so funny looking, they said, pigeons wearing tiny cowboy hats.
Speaker 1: Spotted in Las Vegas, and the pigeons had little tiny hats on them. It's good they named them.
Speaker 2: They named them Kluck Norris and cool Lamity Jane. And then they went they got the birds, and so we don't know. Maybe the birds will put those hats on. Maybe they were inspired by one piece. They said, this is the kind of hat I want to wear. Here, I want to wear this around as I'm flying around Vegas. But there I can't play any of the videos because almost everybody is quite obviously cursing at the sight of a bird in a hat. Here's here's one up, all muted. There's a bird wearing a cowboy hat wandering along a parking lot.
Speaker 1: There's two of them. This little it looks like Woody's Cowboy. I love the caption here. There are consequences to legalizing marijuana.
Speaker 2: All right, there you go, speaking of that, we can we could put something about marijuana in jury duty. Let's get into it here we go, Hang on, I might as well just use drop slinger for everything these days.
Speaker 1: Let's do jury duty. Of course, I had a muted. Court is now on session, so put your phone down and pay attention before we call the bailiff over to whip your ass. You're knowing jury duty with the news.
Speaker 4: Junkie name of the software when you fail at using it because it's it's making me look bad.
Speaker 1: That wasn't a drop slinger failed the software for all the audio works perfectly. That was a me kind of fail. That's what that was.
Speaker 2: I do want to share with you at this to Jerry Dude. He brought to you by motivate of the Duit Law firm. Injured on the go just Calmo eight hundred Calmo eight hundred Calmo or go to just Calmo dot com. After an accident. There's lots of attorneys out there.
Speaker 1: Reach out to Mo.
Speaker 2: You know him from the show. Let's give it a go eight hundred Calmo or go to just Calmo dot com. Bro, this is the story I have related to marijuana. Lamar Odom has now checked out of rehab after a thirty day stint for his marijuana addiction, says, check see a rehab.
Speaker 4: Kind of I'm kind of back and forth on this. I'm kind of I'm torn in two directions. You see he's stronger, Yeah, yeah, I'm thinking here, marijuana addiction rehab for that seems a little.
Speaker 1: The just rehabbs the crash.
Speaker 4: Lamar Odem definitely has an addictive personality, where the marijuana thing, can you know, lead to other things when he gets bored.
Speaker 1: You know he was doing crack at the bunny ranch. This guy's got a weed.
Speaker 4: Did he almost die at the bunny ranch? Yeah, so you should, you should pay attention to his weed problem. Whereas say, if like a young girl in her teens was like sent to rehab by her parents for marijuana, that seems.
Speaker 1: Kind of lame. Yeah the part of the parents. Don't say that about Courtney's parents. How could you? How could you do that rehab for weed? That brings me right right back? Yeah, right back to half bag? Is la blank for coke? How much weed was this guy smoking? Let me see.
Speaker 2: Lamar Odem checks out a rehab, says the story. After completing a thirty day program and I rely recovery. In Los Angeles, he got arrested for DUI. Okay, well, you know it's one thing.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 2: Neither alcohol nor no narcotics played a role in the arrest, But police say car reeked of weed when he was pulled over, and he admitted to smoking earlier in the day, his manager, Gina Rodriguez, said he wanted to shake his marijuana use, which was out of control, and he had concerned that it would lead him to doing hard drugs again.
Speaker 1: From my experience, it.
Speaker 2: Is MTV that will lead you to doing hard drugs again, not necessarily marijuana. MTV is a bigger gateway drug, or at least it was for DJAM very famously for those of you who were not initiated a famed DJ for a while, Djam was a former crackhead and had some some big drug problems.
Speaker 4: Was the drug problems that he had because of his recovery from the plane crash.
Speaker 1: It was crackhead before that.
Speaker 2: It was before that, and then he had been cleaned for a very very long time and MTV did an interview with him. They're like, you beat your drug addiction and they said they said yeah, yeah, and they said we want to film some stuff with you, and they go, hey, do you think you'd be okay walking in to a gas station and buying a crackpipe on camera for us?
Speaker 1: Would you be okay with that? And he's like oh, And.
Speaker 2: He goes in and he buys DJM buys a crackpipe on camera with the MTV crews rolling and he said it like kicked his brain into a gear and he started doing drugs and then and then after the plane crash with Travis Barker from Blink Gwinedy two, things only went downhill from there. So he's ripped these days, not doing so well. Lamar owedim very very I'm sure better off. He's good now. He's good now, but he had to go to rehab for that weed addiction that he had. Give us your thoughts, tell us what you think. Go to thenewsjunkie dot com right now. We're going to get into it at the top of the hour. What they found in Epstein's secret storage locker for real. They busted open Epstein's secret storage locker and looked inside and there are some interesting things and some expected things inside.
Speaker 1: We'll get to that, but I want to tell you there has been an arrest in the case. Ladies and gentlemen. That's right.
Speaker 2: They got one of the bad guys in cuffs, throwing them in jail and set there to rot away. I guess the New York Police Department on well, on Friday, they did this. But it you're seeking out now arrested a twenty seven year old man in connection with the alleged assault of officers with snowballs in Washington Scare Square Park. Guzman Kulabali, twenty seven, was taken into custody on Friday morning.
Speaker 1: Where's this guy from?
Speaker 2: According to police, Guzman Culable, twenty seven years old, threw a bunch of snowballs at those cops in Washington Square Park and was charged in the matter.
Speaker 1: Here is the mayor.
Speaker 2: Facing some questions about the police being bombarded with snowballs.
Speaker 12: You, I'll turn this up your statement regarding the snowball fight, given that this was not exactly a friendly back and forth snowball fight.
Speaker 3: The police that were there were not throwing any snowballs. They were getting.
Speaker 2: Themselves, and they weren't throwing any snowballs, They were just getting pelted.
Speaker 1: Consider banning these crowdsourcing events because they can and sometimes do, get out of hand.
Speaker 16: I'm not going to be banning snowball fights or organized snowball fights.
Speaker 1: I've shared you here, you won't even been snowball fights.
Speaker 3: Who forgot New York?
Speaker 2: I would love a round of stories of like little kids getting arrested by the cops it's just like snowball in hand. They're about to throw it at some other kids, like kid with a manifesto, Let them out, Let the kid with the manifesto out the back on the streets, snowball.
Speaker 1: Kid in for a long long times.
Speaker 16: And I continue to believe that what we are seeing in this response this winter blizzard from the city workers as a whole, and that includes the hard working minimum of the NYPD, is part of why the city is getting back.
Speaker 1: On its feet. He's getting around it now.
Speaker 2: But the lady was like, are you gonna ban the snowball fights or are you gonna ban them throw it together, these viral events, and he said no, as of right now.
Speaker 1: At least, that's that's where we're at at this moment in time. We have a lot more to get into.
Speaker 2: As I said Epstein, they went into his storage locker, and they in this secret storage locker, they have unearthed some items and I want to tell you what they were, so we'll get to that.
Speaker 1: It's coming up next in the news.
Speaker 2: Junkie question for you, if you were on a cruise ship right now sea Land and Sabrina, you're on a cruise shop right now, sail in the high seas having a blast. You're with your friends, your party in and.
Speaker 1: They go ladies and gentlemen. I just want to let you know.
Speaker 2: We are now docking in the Porto Puerto Viarta, Mexico.
Speaker 1: Do you get off?
Speaker 2: After all we saw was the cartel boss getting killed and stuff and then chaos afterwards. If your cruise ship docks right now, do you get off?
Speaker 1: Or you're like Nope, not safe, not going out there.
Speaker 3: I'd probably kick it on the cruise ship. And again where they're docking is it one of those For example, when you go to the Bahamas, there are there's a full island that's technically the Bahamas, but it's all cruise sa town. So was that the same with Mexico.
Speaker 2: I've never been to the Porto Vireta port so I don't know if it's one of those ones like you're saying, where you're not really mixing in with the locals.
Speaker 1: You know, you're like, you're you mean, like as.
Speaker 3: No now, which was why because I went as a child to Bimini when it was not a cruise ship stop, and then when I went on Virgin voyages a couple of years ago, I was like this is different, and there was no locals around except for those that were working.
Speaker 2: I mean, I have particular feelings on this, Like for instance, when we were just on the Princess Cruise over the Christmas break, we went to the Dominican Republic.
Speaker 1: And there will be people who.
Speaker 2: Got off the ship, Wow, this is beautiful, look at this port. And then they went into this literal cage, a cage, a fenced in cage, ten twelve foot high fences and security all around the perimeter and a little like secured shopping era where they're like, we are from the Dominican Republic and they convince you that this is actually the Dominican Republic. I stand by the fact that that is not actually visiting the place.
Speaker 1: You have to get out, you have to go, you have to go for you know, our visit to Jamaica. Sure, yeah, I mean in a way, we well we that's different though, because we did drive. Yeah, we got airport and we got to drive through all of Jamaica before going to the Sandals resort, and we stopped at that little store and we stopped. We did Jamaic and the reindeer was it a little bit like a North Korean tour. Sure, we're probably not getting the legit side of things when we do with that. But in the Dominican Republic, I was somebody actually offered us any of that cal penis soup.
Speaker 3: No, did we pay for twelve packs sixty bucks?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, there's not a lot of options. So I said, let's go. Accordingy was like, hey, yeah, let's go. We got a cab.
Speaker 2: We took a tour all day long, went over all the different parts of the Dominican Republic where we're at. We went, did a bunch of tours through the places in the capitol, a lot of different things. We did to get an experience of what it was like in the Dominican Republic, and I learned a lot of things. I learned that they're not super fond of Haiti, now, their neighbor on the island. They're like, don't go over there, don't go okay, f.
Speaker 4: And addendum to your hypothetical, because I would assume that with this bit of unrest in the area, maybe the cruise ship would go, hey, we're not going to stop at Porto Vierta.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 1: However, say they were stopped there and this cartel stuff rose up and bedlam was happening. Yeah, they have a schedule that they're supposed to adhere to. But if the.
Speaker 4: Cartels start opening fire on the cruise ship see you later, are can they just like anchor up and peace out?
Speaker 1: Bo law. They got to do something.
Speaker 2: I ask you the questioning bringing you back to the destination here literally, would you with all the news about the most wanted man of the world, the head of the cartel in Mexico being killed in this operation and all of his cartel peeps freaking out and lighting a bunch of stuff on fire, would you get.
Speaker 1: Off in Porto Vierta. And I don't mean this is.
Speaker 2: Why I went on the tangent about the Dominican Republica these other places. I don't mean in the cage. I don't mean, oh, you're just at the port now. I mean into the place, Go into the place, explore around.
Speaker 1: Would you do it?
Speaker 2: A lot of yeses, A lot of yeses. I don't know how much I believe you, but a lot of yeses. Nolan says, you guys didn't do real Jamaica. I thought that's fair. I mean, I think that's fair.
Speaker 1: I think we saw a good bit of the area but I think I would maybe at this moment hold back on that. I don't know that I would want to risk it. The cartel doesn't care. This is not like other things. This is literally on the level of isis.
Speaker 2: So the cartel people will absolutely kill a bunch of Americans to make a point one. They'll absolutely do it. They'll do it, and they won't blink twice or think twice. They'll get it done. And then all of a.
Speaker 1: Sudden you're like, oh, man, I should have stayed on the cruise ship.
Speaker 2: Maybe you should get done it. I'm dead now, how am I even talking? Cruise ships are being diverted at the moment. Cruise passengers who have booked voyages with stops in Porto Villarta, Mexico, may see their ships diverted this week because of the violence there. This has been something that they've been trying to figure out.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Flights have resumed in some of these places, but the Royal Princess and the Hall in America is weirdom or something like that. Ships bypassed their Porto Vierta stops this week. Other Mexico salies continuous planned. You can get off if you want to, they say, But would you let us know tips at the news junky dot com. Tips at the newsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 1: A couple of emails coming in.
Speaker 2: I want to get to these tips at the neewsjunky dot com about the motorcyclists. The person who was driving the motorcycle earlier, who was driving along, And I said, is that person breaking the law? It's almost tough to ask that, because I think they were. They saw an emergency vehicle they were hauling ass down the interstate, and the motorcycle went in front of the police car with the sirens and pushed.
Speaker 1: People out of the way for them and then waved them by.
Speaker 2: And I said, are they breaking the law here? I think they just clearly are. It's about whether the cops will let them get away with it, which it seems like they did. But a bunch of people are chiming in with that, saying he absolutely was breaking the law. There's no way you can get away with that. And I'm sure the cops reported him to another officer who was in the area. Even though you didn't see him get arrested right there on camera, it doesn't mean he didn't face any consequences for this.
Speaker 1: And why after all the thumbs upper and the hey, you know we did it. I got you through and then you race.
Speaker 2: The cop Yeah I yeah afterwards doing that, it is just showing they are not afraid.
Speaker 1: They do not really worry about what's going to happen here. I'm not afraid anymore. See emails the show. See says dear Sean.
Speaker 2: As you know, I'm a huge fan of longtime listener since the five Am days.
Speaker 1: For those of you who are new, that's.
Speaker 2: A long time back. Now you'll have to excuse me for being one of the Gen X generation. I'm not too big into technology. I don't even have a Facebook. Oh that's fine. See I finally saw your picture online and I pictured you differently. Oh sorry, basically that's what they're saying. I pictured you way differently. See says not to say that it's bad. Actually, your voice is cooler than you look. I imagine your girlfriend loves you for your personality.
Speaker 4: Like the rest of us do.
Speaker 1: Hell man, I love the.
Speaker 2: Cigarette shows and I definitely recommend it to anybody. Keep up the work and tell cel that it's to Britain. How a great job of a great of a job they're doing.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I thought you looked like James Franco before I saw your picture, but I guess I was wrong.
Speaker 1: I still love the show. See wow, I sound like James Franco because I don't. I don't think that.
Speaker 3: I think I don't kind of a stoner voice.
Speaker 1: I certainly don't look like James Franco. I wasn't gifted with that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think I'm I'm I wouldn't say I'm an ugly guy here, but I guess Seawood. Seawood say I'm punching way above my my grade here, which I agree that's true. I've stumbled upon a beautiful partner here, but I mean I like to think she's into me for more than just this radio stuff.
Speaker 1: Could be wrong about that. A lot of other people emailing, and we'll get to some of them as the show rolls on. Thanks for that email.
Speaker 2: See now, I said we'd talked about what was in Epstein's secret storage locker, So let's do it. Let's see what we can find here. The contents of Epstein's secret storage locker has been revealed, and this story is as it's a list, that list.
Speaker 1: I can't enough of the list.
Speaker 2: Why do you hope well, I'm fine other way, don't want it to sound otherwise. A secret storage locker rented by Jeffrey Epstein contained computers, video tapes. I have some questions about this next part here sex slave manuals. Now, what exactly is that? I mean other than the obvious, like is this did he write his own sex slave manual?
Speaker 1: Or are there other ones that he can get on Amazon or something like smut and photographs of naked women. That's what was in the secret storage locker according to this and.
Speaker 2: We just went into that bay earlier this week, they revealed that Epstein paid private detectives to remove the items from his sword of property and an apparent attempt to hide them from investigators ahead of a police rate in two thousand and five. These were kept at a nearby storage facility in Palm Beach for several years while police investigated him. The unit was rented on Epstein's behalf by the Riley Kural Detective Agency.
Speaker 1: And what that one of them is doing?
Speaker 2: Six storage lockers leased by Jeffrey Epstein in this set. An inventory of the secret Palm Beach lock up obtained by the Telegraph showed what was inside. They had three computers, twenty nine address books, and a three page list of massuses in Florida.
Speaker 1: And I might want to be careful with that list because he kind of liked the underage massages.
Speaker 2: The hidden storage unit also contained nude photographs believed to be of Epstein's victims, as well as dozens of pornographic magazines, VHS tapes, and DVDs eroticizing teenagers.
Speaker 1: Take from that what you will.
Speaker 2: An eight millimeter video cassette tape was also locked away in the storage unit, apparently containing footage of someone in the shower and a woman in laingerade, as well as the two thousand and five calendar, greeting cards, letters, and laboratory results. So now they are releasing all of this information and suggesting that this was in the secret locker that Epstein had. Now I'll toss over to you. I feel like I wouldn't I wouldn't mind. They're being charges against the people who helped him hide this. Actually, if Epstein goes they're coming to investigate my house, take all of this stuff and put it in your name in a storage locker somewhere, I feel like there's a level of guilt associated with that too. If I'm now assisting somebody in the commission of a crime, is what I'm suggesting here.
Speaker 1: That's what it seems like, at least to me. Well, let us know what you think.
Speaker 2: That's what they founded this secret storage locker rented by mister Jeffrey Epstein. We'll get to more of your comments as we continue on with the Power hour of the show, and a whole lot more, including your dispatches. But technology causing some issues, some pretty ugly ones if I'm honest with you, and I'll explain what happened here with a new piece of technology and why somebody's matt because that is coming up next, and then to use junk key Selim is just saying during the break, Bill Gates, I guess is has admitted to some of this stuff that was in the Epstein files, like cheating with some Russian women hookers.
Speaker 1: Maybe I don't know, he didn't say hookers.
Speaker 4: In fact, it is the most Bill Gates cheatery that I that I could ever imagine out of a person like that, that I did have affairs, one with a Russian bridge player and the other with a Russian nuclear physicist. Of course Bill Gates has to she was somebody who's intellectually on his level.
Speaker 2: All right, So he said he admitted to not being faithful to his wife, and she said as much.
Speaker 1: And then in the Epstein.
Speaker 2: Files there was stuff about getting STD medication.
Speaker 4: He did not say anything about that, says one of two women Russian Bill Gates admits having affairs with during a twenty seven year marriage. One of that, this is worded very weird, was helped financially by Jeffrey Epstein used the Sordid Secret to try and blackmail the billionaire Microsoft co founder.
Speaker 1: And they're saying that it was Mila and Toonova. I'm guessing that's.
Speaker 2: So they named the person that's crazy. The New York Post is named one of them, all right. And does she look like you would imagine? She looks kind of Russian?
Speaker 3: How do you imagine a bridge player?
Speaker 1: Nerdy? If I'm just going to be real with you, very very like glasses that push them up on their nose. They're a bridge player, no glasses.
Speaker 4: But yeah, they met at a bridge match in twenty two thousand and nine. Doesn't she does not look like I would imagine a bridge player to look. Okay, Well, there he goes. He's coming out that I made attractive. She looks attractive. Sorry to all the bridge players out there, send me the leak.
Speaker 1: Now I have to see. I have to see what just search Bill Gates.
Speaker 3: I wonder why he's doing this now? Is something else going to come to surface soon that we don't already know?
Speaker 4: I mean, everybody's been firing questions at him about all the Epstein stuff. He can't avoid it. He's tried numerous times to answer the question. I mean, even in his admission of guilt with the cheating, he reiterates like, hey, I wasn't involved in it, says Gates, admitted the affairs while maintaining he did nothing elicit with his now dead pedophile pal.
Speaker 1: According to The New York Post.
Speaker 2: Is this supposed to be the one because there's a woman whose face is in the Epstein files blacked out?
Speaker 1: Is that who the bridge player is supposed to be?
Speaker 16: Maybe?
Speaker 1: But are you on the on the post? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm on the post post about this. I don't see any photos of her where she's.
Speaker 1: Oh is that? Yeah? That's her? That's her? Oh, she looks so much younger than him, And she looks so much younger. She might be at her twenties or something.
Speaker 3: But Bridge Player instead of yeah, instead.
Speaker 1: Of she she can't be too old.
Speaker 2: In this particular, this this photograph here that they're showing on the other post.
Speaker 1: They said that that was in two thousand and nine. Right, what's her name? Milo?
Speaker 2: Milo and Milo Antonova A n t O n O v A is one of the women that Bill Gates is admitting to having an affair with. So now he's going, like, the pressure against me because the Epstein files is so much, I have to at least admit guilt to something. All right, guys, I'll tell you I cheated on my wife with the player and then the nuclear scientists. This is the most you'll come to terms with, at least right now. But yeah, she looks she looks a little young. In this particular photograph of the two of them, looked like she was twenty.
Speaker 1: At the time.
Speaker 2: So he admitted that he spent time with Epstein in New York, Germany, France, and Washington, but never visited the island. Nobody wants to cop to visiting the island, nobody at all, and probably.
Speaker 3: One celebrity, the celebrity that was like, yeah, I went on the island.
Speaker 1: And it was no, she went to dinner at his house. You're talking about Chelsea Handler.
Speaker 2: I thought, yeah, okay, what what celebrities have admitted to going to Epstein Island is what I want to see, So I'm going to look to visiting Epstein Island. There has to be somebody who's like, oh, I went, but it was totally different than you think. Wasn't any kids there at all? Of Bridge playing, Oh, very surprising on this list. Prince Andrew, Yeah, Prince Andrew on the list. Reid Hoffman, the LinkedIn co founder, has said he spent at least one night. One night's enough to do it read one night on Epstein Island.
Speaker 1: This an't ah. This is not like staying at a hojo. You say, one night on Epstein Island, that's enough to do you in.
Speaker 2: Leslie Wexner, the billionaire CEO of L Brands which you don't know, but Victoria's Secret, which you do, is owned by UH owned by L Brands, once visited Epstein's private island with his family during a brief stop on a cruise.
Speaker 1: Of course, says I don't remember any of this happened.
Speaker 2: Figures off a discussed in public media media reports, but no admission of visiting. Bill Clinton, whose wife Hillary Clinton, is testifying behind closed doors today to Congress over Epstein connection.
Speaker 1: Behind closed doors. But I've seen pictures of it. Yeah, I mean they were showing it on the news.
Speaker 3: I think they just stopped because now we have lawmakers speaking out in front.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it was. It was under oath.
Speaker 2: So it's like they recorded it somewhere in the files, but it wasn't broadcast.
Speaker 1: They didn't broadcast.
Speaker 2: And from what I heard, Hillary Clinton said she doesn't know anything new about this. Well, I mean, of course, now you're not going to know anything new, and she's like, I'm denying any kind of wrongdoing. Bill Clinton, of course flew on Epstein's planes multiple times, but he says he never went to the island. Donald Trump is mentioned in logs and documents, but he says he never went to the island. Elon Musk said he was invited but he refused. Naomi Campbell says she did not go to the island. Stephen Hawking, I don't know where he went, but he's with some bikini babing the photos. That's all we know about mister Hawking right now. We know he's in the pictures with the ladies with the fruity drinks, and that's about it.
Speaker 4: And like we said before, if Stephen Hawking is guilty of something, it's very I don't want to say impressive, that's like the worst word in.
Speaker 2: A way, but it would be physically impressive for him to be able to achieve what he has alluded to have done.
Speaker 3: Alleged the money and the computer voice too.
Speaker 2: He but he didn't have the ability to sexually perform, which is where the problem with some of the stuff that's unearthed in this is people run hogwild and they know you know what you're doing when you're doing this. There's a lot of different people that you'll hear, like you'll hear Katie Johnston's name absolute hoax, one hundred percent hoax when you hear this woman's name attached to some of these stories.
Speaker 1: There's other stories that.
Speaker 2: You'll hear people talking about and it's like so clear that it was a mentally ill person calling a tip line. And just like the Nancy Guthrie case where somebody called up for the million dollar tip and said the people were escaping via secret tunnels underneath the city of Tucson and you go, Okay, this is a crazy person. But if a crazy person's tip ends up released in these files, oh god, if you don't like them, you'll take it as the gospel and you'll say, no, no, no, this is legit, this is legit. I don't like this person, so that means they one hundred percent did this. Right now, Bill Gates getting so much flat that he has to cop to something, and at least he says he did the two Russians.
Speaker 1: Russians, smart Russians.
Speaker 4: I honestly, from the Bill Gates standpoint, his marriage is already over. So what does he have to lose by just offering up that little bit and then going listen.
Speaker 1: All right, I'll come clean. It's just a legacy. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think he's just trying to save his legacy in many ways. Insecure Walrus says, those Stephen Hawking pictures weren't from Epstein Island.
Speaker 1: I didn't think so yet.
Speaker 2: He's he was just on vacation somewhere with the caretaker girls, and those picks wound up in an email or something attached. And Insecure Walris, You're exactly right on a lot of these things. Sometimes Epstein would take a picture from somewhere else and then put it in an email or send it to somebody like that picture would come out and people were like, whoa, this is in the Epstein files. And then it looks bad, but like he was a weirdo saving pictures and like sending them to himself. There was a bunch of stuff like that that happened over the years, well over the release of these files. All right, here's what I was talking about for the break. This is the inevitable future, whether we want it or not. The food delivery robots are going to be coming to our houses. The food delivery robots are going to be showing up at your house because they want to get rid of the actual drivers.
Speaker 1: They have to pay some money too.
Speaker 2: And now some of the food delivery robots are damaging homes. I bring you to the delivery robot drama from KTLA. Let's see what they say in this story about a delivery robot damaging one of the houses that it went to.
Speaker 8: Scully Rogue, a food delivery robot drives through a woman's garden in East Hollywood, damaging her vents and crushing her plants in the process.
Speaker 7: It's the latest stands the delivery robots with.
Speaker 12: Some worry the machines commoditying someone Julian Smuckler.
Speaker 1: There's a lot for us, and he's Hollywood with a story you'll see only let's let's have it, smuggler.
Speaker 9: Hi Ricking Karema A Matthew's robot just shows up to your house.
Speaker 14: Uninvited and then trash is the place on its way out.
Speaker 6: That's exactly what.
Speaker 17: To a woman here in East Hollywood after a food delivery robot tore through her garden right out front of her home.
Speaker 2: This ain't your garden, lady, this is it's on the other side of the sidewalk. That's not your property, the city property. They did mess it up though, the robot like went into the grass on the other side of the sidewalk outside of the front yard. But you're not gonna win nothing there because that's that's government property.
Speaker 1: There goes Cocos have been us. That was what's a Coco. I've never even heard of this brand before. That's what the name of this delivery robot that's automated in East Hollywood that's doing this.
Speaker 14: Sounded like ordinary street noise quickly turned into chaos when a food delivery robot through one East Hollywood residence garden.
Speaker 1: I heard a commotion.
Speaker 3: I came out here the cocoa in my garden.
Speaker 1: Kaya Reel says.
Speaker 14: The robot, known as coch uprooted plants.
Speaker 1: And liberties with the working garden.
Speaker 6: When you saw the robot and tearing it all up, you're like, this is like hours.
Speaker 1: Of my time.
Speaker 5: And for sure, yeah, definitely it did not feel good.
Speaker 1: No, it didn't feel good.
Speaker 3: Tip Coco correctly?
Speaker 1: Do they ask for a tip from cocoa because it was clearly upset.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not about something here. I don't know if this woman's going to get anything out of this.
Speaker 1: Are we going to have to tip the robots in a different way?
Speaker 4: Like you know how the tin Man and Wizard of Oz really liked that oil can, So you know, they come, they deliver the food to us, and we just give a couple of little WD fortys on the way like that.
Speaker 2: I guess cocoa delivery is door Dash and uber eats at in Los Angeles, Chicago.
Speaker 1: Miami, and Helsinki.
Speaker 2: He sinks, Yeah, Los Angeles, Chicago, Miami, and Helsinki. If you use door Dash or uber eats at a restaurant that has Coco, then it's not even a person. They put it on the robot. The robot goes to your location, and then when the robot goes there, you get a code on your phone. You put that code into the robot and it opens up, and then you get your food and hut the robot and send it on its way.
Speaker 1: And they have this in California, Illinois, Florida, and Finland. Yeah, those are the places. Side know why they picked those spots. Maybe Coco was like developed in Finland.
Speaker 2: This says, while largely autonomous, they are monitored by remote human pilots. If that's true for this lady's quote unquote garden, there are more issues here than we know so far from the KTLA report. All Right, we gotta take a break. When we come back, we're to do the final dispatches, stories that didn't make the cut, and today learn to wrap everything up for a Thursday that is coming up next on The News Junkie. You can watch secret shows live on Thursday nights at apm over on thenewsjunkie dot com, or, as per usual, on the News Junkie Fan discord links for that over on the website.
Speaker 1: Hope to see you tonight. Should be a fun time.
Speaker 2: Now we get into the final dispatches, stories that didn't make the cut, and today learned, and we wrap everything up for a Thursday.
Speaker 1: Let's see what we got on the way out. Let me just check.
Speaker 2: Big John is talking about the person who was helping the emergency vehicle on the motorcycle earlier.
Speaker 1: What's up, junkers. Okay, so these people saying.
Speaker 2: This guy did something very illegal or he definitely got arrested after the fact. The videos you see of cops running after a SUSPC trying to flee, and a random bystander tackles or trips the guy to help the cops. By that logic, the bystander just assaulted somebody and he's gonna.
Speaker 1: Get arrested for it.
Speaker 2: It doesn't make sense if the guy on the motorcycle did something super egregious and wasn't being helpful but more of a nuisance than I could see him being a problem. But otherwise you're crazy.
Speaker 1: For saying it.
Speaker 2: Thinking you did something wrong. That depends on what you mean by something wrong. When you say the word wrong, it's like so many other things. It's loaded. He definitely broke laws being on a motorcycle seeing that there was a cop car with sirens going and lights going, and then taking it upon himself to escort the police car through the traffic and get people out of the way. For the police car, that is definitely breaking laws. He's breaking laws in the commission of this act. It just doesn't matter sometimes, like if the cops go, no, that guy was super helpful and doesn't matter. The cops aren't going to charge you with anything. If the cops wanted to be a dick, I think they probably could have. But we'll see what most says about it, and uh, that'll do it for the emails for right now, let me get into the final dispatches. In fact, there's even a little jingle for that whole thing, isn't there. Yeah, these are the final dispatches, but Sean will probably only play.
Speaker 1: Hey everybody, quick.
Speaker 2: Little tidbit before the final dispatches. As far as I know, no glitches on the stream today, and I got it you welcome, welcome outcome.
Speaker 1: I was really, you're gonna melt down today. I thought it was gonna be bad.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 2: It seems like all the work I put in yesterday was not for nothing, but I'm glad. I'm glad that that was the outcome today. We'll see what happens tomorrow. A couple of video dispatches. Here's bone In talking about their crew.
Speaker 1: Bone In here, Hi, I'm supposed to be going to porto Arta April first at our Mexican cooking class.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 1: If the ship docks there, I'm getting off. He's doing it. That's that. There he goes.
Speaker 2: He says, even though you got this cartel stuff going on, he would still get off at that destination on a cruise. Some of the cruises canceling those destinations for the moment. Here's an Jahwa It says, I'm jeffing at the expo.
Speaker 6: And being Carter Brent.
Speaker 1: Oh wow at the expo.
Speaker 7: The Princess runs this weekend, make you have garrisons.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, she's at a run and it says jeffing.
Speaker 2: She's she's like at something before there's going to be a run and it says jeffing in the background, Jeff Galloway. Obviously she apologized for all the background noise, but yeah, this, I don't think he was there, but after he was mentioned on the show the other day, the jeffing guy died, Yeah, killed him. I didn't kill him, but Jeff Galloway is dead. I will admit to that part of it. And she was right in front of one of these signs for this has been so popular, this whole jeffing thing, which is like a mixture of walking and running, which sounds nice to me. Here's one more hmm. I'm gonna do it just because we're at the end. Here, here's a Shells dispatch.
Speaker 1: That junkie lovely sean.
Speaker 18: I know I'm not gonna talk about Apple because I can the truth, but I'm gonna switch gear and talk about something that I just saw.
Speaker 1: Okay, I just wanted to take on it.
Speaker 18: Have you heard about the judge and his wife that got arrested with one point eight million kubit cubes of cocaine?
Speaker 1: On sorry, one point eight tons of cocaine? I was one of her cubic cubes of cocaine were But is that like a cube but more fun? He says.
Speaker 2: It's from the famous place nobody wants to talk about, uh, Somaliland in Minnesota, I think is what.
Speaker 1: He says here.
Speaker 2: I'm just looking at the transcription and I didn't see that. You're saying a judge got caught with cocaine in Minneapolis.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm sure there's a lot of judges out.
Speaker 2: There, trials though, or the past judge. I see a Florida Right to a speedy trial. I see a judge who's sentencing somebody.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't see this story at all fake news.
Speaker 2: This says Texas man sentence to prison after seven kilos of cocaine found in an Igloo cooler. But that's you know, the judge is not the bad guy in that one.
Speaker 1: You're the man.
Speaker 4: You're the one on the receiving end of the sentencing.
Speaker 2: That we're right back to our depends on what you mean by that guy the beholder man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you do have to stipulate that stuff sometimes. That'll have to do it. For now, it's time to get the hell out of here and let's do today.
Speaker 2: I learned the following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ, so don't get cocky. What we call today it is today learned for a Thursday, February twenty six, twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: Today learned this band hang on one second, this band ride here, Nickelback is ride.
Speaker 2: Indeed, producer Joey moy, who produced Nickelback's album, went to Nashville to produce country music and is the producer with the most weeks on the top of the country producer's chart, making albums for Florida, Georgia Line, Morgan Wallen and others. He wanted to be a rock star himself in his own right, but decided to go another angle and started doing music with country music acts like Dallas Smith, Florida Georgia Line, Jacob and Morgan Wallen.
Speaker 1: And Chris Lane as well. Even wrote some of those Chris Lane songs.
Speaker 2: Today learn there was somebody named Deborah Samson who successfully hid the fact that she was a woman and the Continental Army during the American Revolution, even removing a musket ball from her leg herself to avoid being discovered. They said, this woman wanted to fight in the Revolutionary War so bad that she pretended to be a man.
Speaker 1: At the time. It would have been really easy to just be like, Nope, don't want to do it. I'm a lady, I don't want to get into this. But she did whole ass.
Speaker 2: Wikipedia on this woman, if you want to look her up, Deborah D. E. B. O. R. A. H. Sampson samsn is her name, And finally today learned this musical group right here. Yeah, boys men, that's right, boys, the men. Indeed, they released two albums that you may have not heard of. They covered popular Japanese songs and that's it on these albums, two different songs. They were so big in Japan that they wanted to do some some of the Japanese popular cover songs and ended up doing these two huge success Nobody in the United States has heard.
Speaker 1: These songs, but I'm sure we could look them up if we wanted to. I'd just rather listen to this on the way out. Thank you so much, Frank and I with us. We do appreciate it. We'll be back tomorrow, same time, same place. By stating the show, get the podcast at the news Junkie dot com, we'll see you next time. Everybody listen