Speaker 1: This is the Tri State Chevy Dealer's postgame Sports Talk live from Buffalo Wings and Rings presented by R and L Carriers. Postgame sports Talk is brought to you and part by Pellow Windows and Door making life brighter. Pella Now pay Later Carrier and your local carrier dealers turn to the experts. Carrier Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tave Sheldon five one three five one three, toph Postman Law Injured call eight four to four Postman Others promise Postman delivers R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider and by your Tri State Chevy Dealers the number one selling brand in Cincinnati for nine straight years. And now postgames sports Talk.
Speaker 2: We are live at Wings and Rings in Union, Kentucky eighty nine eighty seven US forty two and you are listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers Post Game Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers on seven hundred WLW and Cincinnati ESPN fifteen thirty. This is Chick Ludwig and I'm alongside Bengals legendary offensive lineman Bruce Kozerski, and we're breaking down the Bengals loss to the Baltimore Ravens like a wrecking ball. Mike Mills is our on site engineer Sean McMahon is producing back in our Kenwood studios. Wings burger, sandwiches, salads, appetizers, drink specials, wings and rings. Has it all. We're in Union, Kentucky until eight thirty tonight, and you are invited. And if you can't be here in person, join us. By Carlin five one, three, seven, four nine, seven thousand and Bruce, I'd like to take this opportunity to declare the Cincinnati Bengals twenty twenty five season d dead on departure at pay Course Stadium on Sunday today, bruised, battered, bloodied, and not just beaten, but annihilated and shut out for the first time in the Joe Burrow era by the Baltimore Bullies.
Speaker 3: Man does to get any worse than this.
Speaker 4: I think you should get your blood pressure up a little bit there, chick.
Speaker 2: Maybe have another coffee, Maybe you have another yes, yes, yeah, this is just the moralizing defeat.
Speaker 5: You know, your opposing quarterback, as good as he is, completes eight eight passes. He completes eight passes against your defense. They went twenty four to nothing. I mean, that shouldn't happen in this league. They were only ran for one hundred and fifty. I mean they say only because they put they put up all those points against this We moved the ball off to doutfield. But when you got the red zone, that the thirty yard line whatever, I think we were over three or oh for four down there were we and we didn't even get a field goal attempt.
Speaker 2: No, no, it was It was bad all the way around. And Joe Burrow said this week, well he wants to have fun playing football. Well, today was not fun for anybody, and that includes the fans. And I've got to give a shout out to all the spectators who made it down to pay Corpse Stadium today. Ten degrees minus one degree Winshield. And we're talking to fans here at Wings and Rings and they're telling me who were at the game, snow was not removed from the seats.
Speaker 3: So they're upset about that.
Speaker 2: And they weren't allowed to bring cardboard in to stand on or sit on to make life a little bit more comfortable.
Speaker 5: I don't know about all that. I wasn't there. You got more contact with the people that were at the ball. Again, I'm just I'm just the average retired fans sitting in my home watching the game on TV, wondering. And I played in cold games like this, I know it takes a lot of steam out of a team. It either it either fires you up to work through the cold when you're successful, or just moralizing when you're not. And they had some situations early in that game where they moved it, they made some plays, and then all of a sudden, we take a sack. You know, that first drive was huge. We're in scorefield goal range.
Speaker 4: We take a sack.
Speaker 5: I don't think, I mean, Joe can't make that Play's that's when I as an offensive lineman, I remember countless times running back to the hell Town Boomer throw the damn ball, you know, and it's it's as the aggressive offensive lineman that we were, we had a clock in our head too, and we never wanted a Boomer to get hit. And so what he did it was like, we'll throw the damn ball, but it's it's it's a catch twenty two because sometimes.
Speaker 4: You throw it and they catch it, and that's that's a that's bad.
Speaker 2: The shutout was the Ravens first since crushing the Tennessee Titans twenty one to nothing on October fourteen, twenty eighteen. Meanwhile, the Bengals suffered their first zero since a twenty to nothing lost to Baltimore in Cincinnati on September ten, twenty seventeen. That year's season opener in Baltimore. Improves to seven and seven. They're still in the race here in the AFC North, while the Bengals with all this talent, falls to four and ten and they can never protect the home field. They're two and five at pay Course Stadium.
Speaker 5: I don't know that it has much to do with it beating the Ravens. I know Joe doesn't have a big reund good record against the Ravens. Not many teams do over the last uh Lamar Jackson era. But it's it's it seems like there's a stat out there. I heard today thirty seven percent of the time that Higgins and and and Chase and Burrow on the field thirty seven concent of time since they've been together. And that's that's the sad part. There's there's so much invest in those guys and in the franchise that that they got us stay healthy. We got to find a way that just keep them healthy. But but at the same time, we got to fund the defense too. We gotta we gotta put some sub butts on that defense line. We gotta put some young linebackers, a couple. They played well today at times and then they played badly at times. You know, that's what you get with a young group.
Speaker 2: Two Joe Burrow interceptions, several drop passes, horrible horrible clock management by head coach Zach Taylor, and the usual defensive breakdowns helped cause Cincinnati's poorest.
Speaker 3: Performance not just this year but in years.
Speaker 2: And man, it spoils the return. May I say of Jeff Blake as the ruler of the jungle, He's a friend of mine. He was a great player here, Uh never appreciated and uh just man, it's just sickening to watch the Bengals fall twenty four to nothing.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, you know they were they were down by a significant margin there early in the late and the third and early and the fourth, and they just kept taking their thirty five forty seconds to snap the ball, and I kept wondering, when they're gonna pick this up. They got to get three or four, but they gotta get three possessions. And then they were down a fourth possession and then they said it was over. We're just gonna run. And they still kept telling the guys. I was watching the game with my boys that that's that's five runs in a row.
Speaker 4: Six minutes to go in the game, that's five runs in a row.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know when when they ran the ball, they should have been passing. When they passed the ball, they should have been running.
Speaker 3: It's when you.
Speaker 2: Get when you get into a second and a third and short, I mean run the football.
Speaker 5: Deception is your is your enemy. When you think it's your friend, you know, you think you can run that ball on that fourth and two and you'll get it. Because they think you're gonna throw it and you don't. It looks bad when your your money guys are your quarterback and your receiver.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know that's your money. That's your money backs.
Speaker 2: And especially with the Zach Taylor, it's his religion to throw the ball first and not run it.
Speaker 5: Jamar Chase targeted sixteen times, ten receptions, one hundred and fifteen hundred and twenty yards. Yeah, great day, Yes, but who else did you know you had you had Tyler Hudson, Hudson get five catches or four catches?
Speaker 4: Who else? Who else stepped up today to help help out? Uh?
Speaker 5: Not Yosebash. You know what happens. No, not Yoshi Vash. You know what happens on those cold days. Those gloves that tackified gloves, they get almost slicked because they're so cold.
Speaker 4: They're like they're frozen. And I don't know why.
Speaker 5: There has to be something that they can make a cold weather glove or whatever, because you could see clearly that both teams had a problem with that. Early the one flipped off and Chase's hands and they intercepted. And then the very next possession, Lamar throws one and it flips off the receiver's hands and we intercepted it.
Speaker 4: So you don't see much of that.
Speaker 6: Later.
Speaker 5: You saw the drop Tinsley in the end zone. The ball should have been caught. You saw the drop by Yoshi Vash. You should have been caught. And that seems to be repeat offense there for him.
Speaker 2: You are listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers postgame sports talk presented by RNL Carriers.
Speaker 4: He's Bruce Kazerski. This is chick Ludwig.
Speaker 2: We're on US forty two in Union, Kentucky till eight thirty tonight, and if you can't join us, feel free to call bad Football mixed for Great Radio at five, one, three, seven, nine, seven, eight hundred, The Big One, Bruce and the Chickster on seven hundred WLW, and Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to.
Speaker 2: The Tri State Chevy Dealers postgame sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers.
Speaker 3: We are at.
Speaker 2: Wings and Rings in beautiful Union, Kentucky on US forty two.
Speaker 3: Come on out. Bruce Kezerski and I are here till eight thirty tonight.
Speaker 4: And we made it.
Speaker 5: The weather cleared up beautifully for the show. It's not even cold in here.
Speaker 3: I'll admit I was a little panicky last night.
Speaker 2: I was at the studio, had to drive back to the Miamisburg War Room.
Speaker 3: It was ugly.
Speaker 2: It took me two hours, and I was worried about today.
Speaker 4: I don't doubt it.
Speaker 5: I family over the house for a Christmas party, and I was worried about them.
Speaker 4: Even getting home.
Speaker 2: Hey, I appreciate the fan. Tyler from Union coming up wanting a picture your first picture.
Speaker 4: Of the sea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, first first photo of the season.
Speaker 3: Usually it's the Bengals city.
Speaker 5: You know, how wack and photo Jedek you were, Oh my gosh, yeah, it almost broke.
Speaker 3: It broke his camera.
Speaker 2: Phone, no doubt. But a shout out to Bristol and Brinley, who are our servers today. Fantastic appreciate damn. I appreciate all the fans coming out here in Union, Kentucky.
Speaker 3: First first time I've been here. So it's nice out here.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Bigs and Rings is absolutely awesome. And is there a more misleading stat in football? Bruce Kazerski than time of possession? The Bengals hauled the ball for nearly forty minutes to twenty, doubling Baltimore's but Baltimore had all the big plays in this game. The Bengals had some great drives. They could not finish, They couldn't get they couldn't convert on third downs. They converted a couple fourth downs at the big time crunch time, but could not get into the end zone.
Speaker 4: All right, So.
Speaker 5: Logically, you got to go into a game plan, any game plan, but especially one where you're playing a high scoring or an offense with Lamar Jackson and Derrick Henry. You got you got to own the clock. Yes, if you have any chance at all, you got to own the clock. Then you got to not have any turnovers. Well, that didn't go so well. They had two turnovers. Man, the first time they played them, the Ravens turned it over five times to us. So again that was a difference in the ball game. We ran the clock as long as we could, We killed the clock, gave the ball as few opportunities as we could. We turned it two times in the scoring zone. I so, well, can't do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and uh.
Speaker 2: The Bengals drive to Baltimore's you know, zero zero, drive to the twenty five yard line, and on third and four, Joe takes a sack.
Speaker 4: Yeah, do that?
Speaker 3: Got a punt?
Speaker 2: Then the next time, the next drive, they drive to Baltimore's twenty nine yard line and then the ball off of off hands his hands interception. But what bothered me most is that the really, to me, this game was lost in the first half.
Speaker 3: Bengals have the ball at the two minute warning of.
Speaker 2: The first half, down seven to nothing, first down at their own forty seven, a two yard run by some ijp Ryan then two straight incompletions. You can't give them the ball back there, and they did. And the next thing we know, a lengthy forty two second drive, five plays, eighty yards Zay Flowers twenty eight yard pass into the end zone from Lamar Jackson. Fourteen to nothing at halftime to me, game over.
Speaker 5: You know, we had some big sacks, we had pressure on Lamar all day long, but when it came right down to it, we didn't get good enough coverage in the secondary.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm not sure.
Speaker 5: I don't want to point fingers to any one of those guys, but the disconnection between the linebackers and the secondary is killing us. In the passing game, sometimes we have pass rush. Sometimes you don't have pass rush. It sounds like you never know what you're gonna get here, you know, you open it up like a box of chocolates. You open up, you never know what you're gonna get.
Speaker 2: Hey, let's go out through the phones. Do we have Matt in Springfield?
Speaker 7: I mean, what's going on is always shit?
Speaker 8: How you doing?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 3: Oh good? Man good? What is on your mind?
Speaker 4: Matt?
Speaker 9: Oh Man?
Speaker 7: I mean other than watching the Bengals bungalize another game? Bro, Like they didn't even look like they even wanted to even show up at that game of the day. That's how apathetic they look like. You said the time of possession was out of whack, because I mean they were just milking the cloth, like I don't know what they were doing. They weren't really, I don't know. This season has been cursed from the get go, and it's just it's truly sad how we are wasting Joe Burrow's career. Well, I should say, weave the organization. I mean, think about it. He turns thirty for no year, he didn't turn thirty, right, so I mean, yeah he went there in age yeah point not okay, yea, So he turns thirty next year, But I mean how many more? I mean, well, I can't really say anything because I mean, look at Philip Rivers, forty four years old. He's out here in the ball but I mean he's still he's not getting any younger.
Speaker 10: I mean, it's just.
Speaker 7: I don't know what to do with this team anymore. I think, honestly though, that there needs to be a change with the coach. Head coach zag Taylor is a nice guy and all, but we need to get a fresh face in there, because it's apparent that whatever Zach Tannler has brought to the table as officially.
Speaker 10: Ran his team.
Speaker 7: This is what the third season in a row of no playoffs?
Speaker 4: So correct.
Speaker 9: I don't know what else to do. I think they need to just this is.
Speaker 2: How quick and then, Matt, this is how quick an NFL career goes. This is already Joe's sixth season. He's twenty nine years old. They are wasting his talent. We've got to run. Hey, we got to run. I appreciate the call. Do we have Trey and eaton.
Speaker 11: Kicks there? How you doing?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: Home to the Eagles? What's going on?
Speaker 11: Absolutely? The homeown Eagles.
Speaker 2: I just want to say the uh the.
Speaker 12: What Joe Joe was They were trying to say where he uh didn't want to come?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: All right, okay? Do we have Bryce in Cincinnati?
Speaker 4: My man?
Speaker 3: Bryce? And Anderson? Hey, Chick, I mean all right, Bryce, something next?
Speaker 2: You know what? Hang on a second, Bryce, Hang on a second. I'm telling Bruce Kazerski that Bryce, my buddy here in Cincinnati is the next Lance McAllister?
Speaker 4: Oh is that right? Yes? Nice to be right, Bryce.
Speaker 11: Well Bruce.
Speaker 13: Bruce, we've met before that baseball game.
Speaker 4: Is that who you are?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yes, all right? I think Chickster met you too, didn't he?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 10: He did?
Speaker 4: All right? All right?
Speaker 3: Bryce? What's on your mind?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 13: I mean the defense was giving the Bengals opportunities early and just they entered the Baltimore's possession, there's a five times does zero points came out of it? Horrible offense and just pick six during your early red zone trips.
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah, so much.
Speaker 2: The coverage, well, the coverage was good in the beginning of this game, and then they decide to blitz and what happened. Yeah, Rashen Ali on a screen pass Toast thirty yards untouched, seven and nothing Baltimore.
Speaker 4: That's Toast. Yeah.
Speaker 5: The game plan originally was well, it worked, worked well, we went we went right down the field. Timely mistakes, Bryce, You know how that goes you in any in any sports, you're playing a timely mistake. You know, your boot a ball, ground ball, there should be a throwing an out right, it's not, and all of a sudden it's snowballs offense or defensively against you.
Speaker 4: Same thing happened today. They had possis they took a sack.
Speaker 5: The next time they went down there, they threw that pick that bounced off Chase his hands and uh and.
Speaker 4: After that, I just I don't think he had enough.
Speaker 5: Any any receivers really work hard enough to get open if you if you can, if you can look at the way that win when he dropped back to pass all those times it was Jamar, it was Hudson or nobody.
Speaker 2: And which no Bengals victory is winning going away.
Speaker 3: Nothing is ever easy.
Speaker 2: And the yardage oh second, one yard, one yard seemed like a trip to the orthodonist for this team.
Speaker 5: It is unbelievable when you're when your running backs have so many checkdown receptions for two yard games, you're not gonna win ball games. You know, you appreciate them bailing the offense out with a two yard reception, but they're getting whacked and they're not getting any positive yardage.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm not I'll check what during the next.
Speaker 5: Break exactly how many yards the received the running backs out of the backfield. Uh, because they had one hundred yards total rushing. But receptions is what I'm referring to, is Joe having to check down Chase Brown had seven receptions for thirty seven yards. Tyler Hudson had three receptions for sixteen yards, Tinsley one for sixteen. You know sample two. They're they're, they're, they're all All those tight end running back routes are checkdown routes. And because there's not anything down the field when they double cover Chase and there's no Higgins to spread the defense, you gotta have a Yoshivash or Tinsley get open down the field.
Speaker 4: And they're just not getting it done.
Speaker 2: Hey, if we've reached the top of the hour, break, half hour down, two and a half hours to go, five point three, seven, four, nine, seven hundred. The big one are the numbers to dial. I've got my coffee, I've got my computer. Bruce has his soda and his cell phone.
Speaker 4: I got it.
Speaker 3: All we need is.
Speaker 2: You once again at I've won three seven, four nine seven one eight hundred.
Speaker 4: The big one.
Speaker 2: The Bengals get shut out by the Baltimore Ravens the first time since the twoenty seventeen season opener That was twenty enough into Baltimore at pay Course Stadium. This is seven hundred WLW in Cincinnati, ZESPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 4: This is where the Orange and Black.
Speaker 2: Play by for the Dollarine Town.
Speaker 4: W WC game Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: This is the Tri Stage Chevy Dealer's postgame Sports Talk live from Buffalo Wings and Rings presented by R and L Carriers. Postgame Sports Talk is brought to you in part by Pellow Windows and Door making life brighter, Pello Now Pay Later Carrier and your local carrier Dealers turned to the experts Carrier Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tove Sheldon five one three, five one three, top h Postman law Injured call eight four to four Postman Others promise Postman delivers R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider. And by your Tri State Chevy Dealers the number one selling brand in Cincinnati for nine straight years and now post games sports Talk.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers post game Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers with your co hosts Chick Ludwig and Bengals Legend Bruce Kazarski, and we are live at Wings and Rings in Union, Kentucky eighty nine eighty seven US.
Speaker 3: Forty two.
Speaker 2: Wings and Rings. HEAs it all wings, burger, sandwiches, salads, appetizers, drink specials. Man, it's off to be here with my man, Bruce Kazerski, and we're breaking down the Bengals twenty four to zern shutout loss to the Baltimore Ravens like a wrecking ball. And just as a quick aside, here Bruce watching the monitors and watching Philip Rivers at.
Speaker 3: Age forty four. How crazy is that.
Speaker 2: That this dude is playing.
Speaker 5: It's amazing And five years out of retirement, he's on the Hall of Fame, and he was on the Hall of Fame list for final voting, and now he's got to come off of because he's back active again. Yes, we hope someday to see Joe play in his thirties. Oh man, Yeah, because right now it's it's questionable. He's getting beaten battered. Today was decent. They had good protection most.
Speaker 4: Of the night.
Speaker 5: But yeah, the thing about this whole situation is you have a window when you have a franchise era type player like they do, and they got a couple of them, they're all going to get old together. And when that happens, it's it's disappointing because you it's an opportunity. Now what happens, you gotta go through the whole rebuilding process again.
Speaker 4: You know, that's the question you have with with the staff.
Speaker 5: Do you change the staff because they're so in tuned with Joe and Jamar and and all those guys like to do offensively, or do you force something to happen defensively because whatever you're doing on that side of the ball is not working.
Speaker 2: They're going to have to draft heavy defense and add some players in free agency.
Speaker 5: Well, they're gonna have some money back because they're not gonna worry about paying uh Hendrix. But I don't know that that's the best thing either. You lose a great pass rusher like that. Now, we've had some really good play in the last few weeks out of Osai, and today it.
Speaker 3: Was Miles Murphyles Murphy stepped up.
Speaker 5: To but is it gonna be consistent? If it's gonna be consistent, then we're okay with it.
Speaker 2: Let's go out to the phones. Is Mike and Indiana with us?
Speaker 10: Sure?
Speaker 4: How are you all right? Mike?
Speaker 3: What's on your mind?
Speaker 9: A liquid?
Speaker 15: Is that my I got? I was talking to my buddy Joe from Bridgeton new calls here a lot, and we call it every single time. And this is back in the Super Bowl when they win. Every single time that the Bengals need to score to win or to tie it, Joe Burrow chokes and gets picked off every single time. And I guess we've been saying that for years and everyone's been saying, oh, that's not true. Joe Burrows the greatest whatever. But why is it when when they lose, like you said earlier today, when you can't take a sack in the red zone, a quarterback autoo by Now, why isn't anyone ever going to Joe and be like, dude, it's not the defense, it's you that's losing the games for us.
Speaker 5: Well, I want to go back to the Carson Palmer era. They were as good offensively as there was in the league. They were playing Pittsburgh in the playoff game and Carson got hit early in that game by a defensive tackle that you should play for Cincinnati, yes, and blew is acl out and he came back and he had the same arm, he had the same reading, he was reading the defense of the same but he was not the same player, you know, And this is what's gonna happen if they don't win ball games on the defensive side of the ball. You know, for years when we had the previous coach, we won games defensively seventeen thirteen or fifteen to ten. You know that's not gonna happen with this group. We have to outscore everybody, so we have to go for the jugular on nearly every drive. And when you do that, you're putting the guy in the position to get beat up. And there's only so much physically that the guy could take on before he gets jittery and nervous feet. You know, I just I'm defending the guy because I've seen it happen over and over and over.
Speaker 4: It's a cyclical thing.
Speaker 5: And if they can get him back on track for the start of the next year, finish this year strong, and start next year and keeping healthy, they got a chance to save what you're looking at right now, because you know, you can't defend the tip balls. The tip ball that happened today, the tip the screen pass, or he read that defense perfect. Last week. He threw the ball we're supposed to throw it. It just didn't get it over the guy's head. If you're watching the UH the Lions Rams game. UH, they Rams did the same thing and and Hutchinson picked it off, ran seventy seventy yards down inside the twenty yard line for the UH for the Lions. So that happens to all the great quarterbacks at some time. These defensive ends are taller and taller and taller. You have to you have to bridge all of that with giving him time to get his body healthy again.
Speaker 11: I don't appreciate the call.
Speaker 15: I don't think Yeah, I don't think Ball is gonna be with Cincinnati in two years. I think he he made a point to the fans, going, I'm too competitive for this organization.
Speaker 2: You all ain't winning.
Speaker 15: This defense is not gonna get good for the next two years. And I'm not waiting another two years for a rebuild. I'm almost thirty. I'm out of here, and you guys will get.
Speaker 2: And you want.
Speaker 15: They cost the money, It doesn't matter you're they're the lowest. The Cincinnati Bengals are the lowest paid organization in football. There's thirty one other quins that can pay better than what they're and.
Speaker 2: So that is incorrect.
Speaker 3: That's incorrect.
Speaker 2: Every team has to pay at least eighty percent of the salary cap. So they are at the salary cap. So and they're paying their offensive players they.
Speaker 4: Need, they're paying some defensive players.
Speaker 2: They're going to get rid of the the twenty nine million that we're getting fleeced by Trey Hendrickson four. That's going to be off the books. They've got to get more defensive players.
Speaker 4: And with that, they lost a couple of good safeties two years ago.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right, guys. We appreciate the call. Thank you so much. Let's move on. Bob in Houston, Bob.
Speaker 16: Hey Fellas a first of all, appreciate you guys taking my call. Yes, sir a, I'm just kind of curious, so when we're really going to have some serious conversation about what really need to be discussed, and that's what the coaching change. Uh you know, it's it's time and time again. And and chimp, you just mentioned it earlier about the time management. I don't I don't know his skills as far as making halftime a judgments.
Speaker 4: I guess he is, but uh but it.
Speaker 16: Sure doesn't it sure doesn't show, you know, when they come out in the second half.
Speaker 4: So well, I don't you know, everybody.
Speaker 16: Everybody talks about what a great guy act is, and I agree, you know, a good a good dude, but you know, hey, it's time to move on this guy's bottoms. We're just not getting it done.
Speaker 3: Bob Is.
Speaker 2: The first half was unfolding today. All I could think of is when you think of the AFC North with the bad weather in November and December and January, you think of a physical division, the ability to run the football, and it's not in Zach Taylor's religion.
Speaker 3: He wants to throw it first.
Speaker 5: We had a one hundred yards rushing today. That is not a little thing against that defense. It's not a little thing. But what we're missing is the guys dropping balls, the guys that you know not making that big block, or when you have the ball for forty minutes in the ball game and the opposing quarterback only throws eight completions, you know, eight out of twelve, Lamar Jackson eight for twelve, you should not lose twenty four to nothing.
Speaker 2: And last week eight of ten on third down conversions, today three of fifteen. They were better on fourth down than third down three out of five on fourth down.
Speaker 5: The conversation about the staff you can't come out in public unless you're ready to make a change.
Speaker 4: In the mid season.
Speaker 5: And the one thing that's not on that staff the long list of coaches that can be head coached someplace else. So if you remove Zack now in the middle of the season, you're shutting down the offense because he's calling the plays.
Speaker 4: And who do you turn it over to?
Speaker 5: Who has the interim head coach until you make the decisions the off season? And the Bengals don't do that, but maybe once in the entire franchise history. And I can't believe for a second that there hasn't been discussion at the Brown holiday dinner table about just that.
Speaker 4: Thank you, that's a very good point.
Speaker 16: I just do you think that you might be considered in the offseason or are we just going to hang on?
Speaker 5: I think that's an executive decision that that you and I will not be invited to to to attend. But I'd be willing to bet that they are having that discussion on a daily basis. What do we do, What do we do with this franchise? Where are we going to take this? They all know we have to get help defensively. I guarantee it They're not dummies. They've been doing football for their entire life. Everybody in that family. Uh, Duke Tobin maybe on chopping block. You know, if he doesn't uh for some miracle have a defense as in the last three weeks, is going to come out of No. But I think the decisions are already.
Speaker 4: Made, Bob.
Speaker 2: And one of my favorite Mike Brown stories is I am in his apartment at Georgetown College during training camp. We're discussing Corey Dillon, we're discussing other players.
Speaker 3: The phone rings on the end table.
Speaker 2: He moves, He gets up, picks it up and says, oh, hi, Punky, meaning his daughter Chick was just leaving. So that was my cue to get out of there. So but you're right, Bruce is right. We're not going to be invited to that conversation, but you know it will get mentioned in this offseason, no doubt about it.
Speaker 3: And we appreciate the call. And we've got a break.
Speaker 2: You are listening to the tri Stage Chevy Dealer's post game sports talk. He's Bruce Kazerski, this is Chick Ludwig. We're presented by RNL Carriers on seven hundred WLW in Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen thirty. Welcome back to the tri Stage Chevy Dealers postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL on seven hundred WLW in Cincinnati, ESPN fifteen thirty. He's Bruce Kozerski, just Chick Ludwig. Awesome to be with you today, man. Twenty four to nothing. The Bengals get smoked at home by the Baltimore Ravens and at four and ten, two and five at home. Bengals are out of the playoffs and gosh, can they even play spoiler because they've got Miami next week, got Miami and then the Arizona Cardinals at home and then the Cleveland Browns at home.
Speaker 5: No, man, it's uh yeah, it would be low impact games. Yes, it might be important for guys on this ball club though, Oh yeah, because guys are playing for their future.
Speaker 3: It really is. Yes, they're playing for their jobs.
Speaker 4: This is that.
Speaker 5: This is the old expression, what do you do when no one's watching? Because no one's watching in terms of the playoff race, So the large part of the country zoned out, But the people in Cincinnati, the organization are fine tuned on what's happening for every player on that field right now.
Speaker 3: Every move is every move is being scrutinized absolutely.
Speaker 2: How you carry yourself, how you play, and uh, do you want it the desire?
Speaker 4: You can't.
Speaker 5: You can't be the guy off that jumped off the train and and quit on this team because that's the fastest way out of it, not only not only the Bengals, but out of the NFL.
Speaker 4: Correct.
Speaker 2: Yes we uh a line from Jim Lippencott, former personnel boss of the Bengals. Uh rings in my ears all the time. You don't quit the NFL. The NFL quits you.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: And the wide receiver that just got released third round draft pick.
Speaker 3: Last Yes, this was not a flyer.
Speaker 2: This a flyer is Benny Brazil Uh in the seventh round, a sprinter on the LSU track team. Okay, that's a flyer. This was a third round draft pick. And he's uh, he's gone.
Speaker 5: I will I will say check that the professional football is one thing, but the money that these guys make is another thing. And some of these guys are grown men and can handle the responsibility of playing the football and pocketing the money, and some guys can't. Some guys don't deal with they get the money in their pocket that they're they gotta have too much fun.
Speaker 4: They gotta they gotta.
Speaker 5: Go out with their buddies and their they're old chums from the neighborhood and they got a party with their college flunkys and and before you know it, their career is over and they they've just flushed it down the toilet by not taking care of their business as a man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Jermaine Burton, Uh, if the leaders on this team, the Joe Burrows and the T Higgins and Jamar Chase, if they couldn't bring him along, then didn't There's.
Speaker 4: There's no help for him, no hope for him.
Speaker 5: Especially you know when you are that guy with that kind of ability and you've got Jamar Chase and T Higgins in front of you that have all that have both been nicked up from time time and the required to step in as a necess necessity to help the offense succeed, and your inability to do it because of your lack of effort, like a concentration, uh late for everything. And then you know it's no surprise they got rid of him. Surprise didn't happen sooner?
Speaker 3: Do we still have Mike in Los Angeles?
Speaker 8: Yes, you do.
Speaker 10: Chick and cause thank you, yes, welcome.
Speaker 9: I appreciate it, chicken, cause it sounds like one of those little diamond stores down in the Diamond DisCrit Cup in New York.
Speaker 10: You know, a little little front or something.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: I'm time, yeah, chick and there you go.
Speaker 17: Kick and cause that's oh yeah, guys. I would like to talk about football, but I would prefer not to speak about the Bengals right now. I think there's more interesting things to talk about when it comes to the NFL. Okay, I think the Jags right now, I'm not a big Jags fan, but I'm just looking at what's going on, and this might be the surprise of the year in the NFL.
Speaker 5: I think you're right there. They're right there with the Patriots. Patriots lost today, but they're they're a good team.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 5: I think you're right the Jags and the pay and the Patriots. And it's kind of like the old guard is fading. You know, the Kansas City's out this week, Mahomes got hurt again.
Speaker 4: Got hurt this time. Allan is fading.
Speaker 5: I mean, their team's wins, but they're down twenty one points before they start to play.
Speaker 2: You always.
Speaker 11: I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Club ahead.
Speaker 4: Very well quarterback.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I look at the Bills last week and then uh with the with the way uh Alan brought him back against our club, and then how he did it again today. It's like, can you always be just a second but you can't successfully win a Super Bowl with it's just a second half team, can't you?
Speaker 5: Cause no, I don't think. I don't think that you can. I know that everything averages out. I'm a I'm an odds kind of guy. An offensive an offensive unit, defensive unit. They're gonna have good plays, You're gonna have bad plays. It seems like everything Buffalo does is horrible in the first half and lights out in the second half. And and I don't see how that can continue.
Speaker 4: U But uh you know they're they're thinking they can prove it to us.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 9: It appears I'm driving their coach absolutely out of his mind.
Speaker 11: Probably mcdarmott, I would he's driving him.
Speaker 9: But these h That's all I had, Guys, I just wanted to get your opinions on that. These two games that are on right now are pretty good. The Rams in the Denver Bronco's pretty good game. Well, you know, two different games. But anyway, thank you guys. I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Appreciate you all right, Mike, and Uh, as you leave us here, wanted to let you know that, uh, the University of Dayton starguard from way back when Johnny Davis was a stud for the Portland Trailblazers. He came back to town and he's not only in the Hall of Fame University of Dayton's Athletic Hall of Fame, he picked up his degree yesterday. So fantastic news. Because Mike always says, chick don donnah. Heer from University of Dayton. So uh, shout out to Mike there. Hey do we have Mike and Cherry Grove?
Speaker 18: Mike, Hey, how you doing a couple of things real fast? I think today's game showed how valuable t Higgins this is a team, because it seems to me when he's not playing, the offense.
Speaker 11: Just doesn't look as good. I don't know how you feel about that.
Speaker 4: Uh the other.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you know it's Mike.
Speaker 11: Uh so go ahead. I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: It's like having a fork and a knife at the plate at the table.
Speaker 4: You know, you can cut that stake.
Speaker 5: Up with the with the fork if you try real hard. And that's what that's what Jamarch is trying to do. He's trying to cut the defense all by himself right now.
Speaker 4: And when you put Niggins in there, now you got now you got the doing set. You can do whatever you want with them.
Speaker 5: And that that's that's the toughest, maybe the toughest duo in the NFL. And that makes that makes everybody underneath better. It makes those tight ends better. It makes the room for for Chase the running back better, because right now there was no room for him today.
Speaker 11: I agree, Mike a. Secki.
Speaker 10: Of course he was hurt for a little bit. When I watched him.
Speaker 18: Play, first second quarter, he's making catches, he's looking great, and then all of a sudden, I don't see him going.
Speaker 11: To him anymore.
Speaker 10: And Mike, do you feel that way too?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: One catch for eleven yards in a sixty minute game.
Speaker 4: So he disappeared.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 5: Also, what wasn't made me mentioned or noticed was fant got nicked up early in that game and didn't play. And Fan and Hudson on the two blocking tight ends. Fan is a blocking tight end. It's often a good receiver. And so you lost a lot of the blocking purposes and in the second's more of the receiving kind of tight end. So you lose that candle blockhom Skill.
Speaker 2: Hey Mike, we've got to run. We've reached the we've reached the bottom of the hour break. Thank you so much for the call. You're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers Post Game Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers. We are at the Wings and Rings and Union Kentucky. Bruce Kazerski, Chick Ludwig Till eight thirty tonight on seven hundred WLW and Cincinnati ESPN fifteen thirty Welcome back to the Tri State Chevy Dealers Postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers. We're at the Wings and Rings and Union Kentucky.
Speaker 4: He's Bruce Kazerski, this is Chick Ludwig.
Speaker 2: Bengals fall to the Baltimore Ravens today, twenty four to nothing, first time they've been shut out since the twenty seventeen opener at home by against the Baltimore Raveni. Joe Flacco, Joe Flatt, Yes, incredible, but I love that bumper music.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The NFL Films. John Facenda, the voice of God, I love it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, think about all the games played between that one and this one, you know, and this offense should never get shut out.
Speaker 4: I don't care.
Speaker 5: I don't care what defense they're playing, the eighty five Bears, the Pittsburgh Steelers from seventy five.
Speaker 4: There's no way this offense should get shut out.
Speaker 5: And so we've heard conversation about on the phone calls today about lucking uninspired.
Speaker 4: And you know, I watched the game.
Speaker 5: I did not see that until until there was seven eight minutes left to go, and they gave me and they ran six straight running plays. Now they were down at that point pretty good at twenty four to nothing, but you got it still you gotta try to score. It just looks so bad. That's why some of these games that they haven't they've lost and only get gotten three points.
Speaker 4: At least they got three points something.
Speaker 5: There's pride in there and some that last seven eight minutes was kind of just laying down.
Speaker 2: Looking at the miscellaneous statistics report.
Speaker 3: The Ravens had. Now they only had the ball.
Speaker 2: Fortes okay to the Bengals forty, but eight plays of twenty two plus yards eight plays Bengals two a thirty four yard pass to Jamar Chase in a twenty seven yard pass to Jamar Chase.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 5: Over twenty yards Henry. Henry had a couple of long runs. The other running back had a couple of long runs. I think Jamar only ran the ball twice today, but he had a couple of big first down runs.
Speaker 4: They had pressure on him a lot.
Speaker 5: But when you don't defend the run well enough, one hundred and fifty yards rushing and twenty minutes fifty yards rushing in twenty minutes is.
Speaker 3: And only eight pass and only completerday pass? Is that unbelievable?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, let's go out to the phones. Do we still have Jim and Milford?
Speaker 4: Am?
Speaker 11: I'm here?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: What's Jim?
Speaker 19: Well, Bengals have ruined my Christmas and they're starting to ruin like every Sunday.
Speaker 11: I'm today.
Speaker 19: I took it really hard and just that you. Yeah, well, it's it's a reality, man. I mean, let's listen to these teams, La Rams, Seattle Seahawks, Denver Broncos, Dallas Cowboys, Green Bay Packers. These are organizations that are in it every year, right, and it comes from the top down. They have the good front office, they've got good scouting, they've got good talent, they've got good coaching.
Speaker 4: This Bengal team man.
Speaker 2: About the Pittsburgh Steelers time. They want to run him out of town. And he's never had a losing season.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Cowboys can't win because they keep changing coaches. With all the talents that they have to keep changing coaches. So there's nothing stationary, nothing stable. There's no patience in the organization.
Speaker 4: Do you hear me?
Speaker 19: The Bengals have cancer. They just from from within. You've got you've got an owner that's cheap, that doesn't go out and play the free agent market. You've got a limited front office. You've got Duke Tobin that doesn't know what he's doing.
Speaker 4: You've got you.
Speaker 19: Know, you've got a staff and Zach Taylor that doesn't know what they're doing in the draft. You know, you've got a quarterback that's not happy.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 19: You've got receivers that keep.
Speaker 11: Dropping the ball.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 19: You know, you've got name other than Trey Henderson, Name me one star that's on the defense. They're all they're all talentless. They're all they're all like Canadian Football League defensive players just a joke.
Speaker 2: I mean, these are some wild jim These are some wild, far reaching accusations, umbrella type statements that are simply not true.
Speaker 5: They're not it's it's a it's a statement made out of the out of the depression.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 5: But remember that they're not drafting small college football players. They're drafting out of Georgia and Alabama and USC and U C, l A and LSU. They're drafted the all Americans that from across this country, that that proven they can play football with the best of them, and something happens, we get here and other teams make a play.
Speaker 4: And we don't. I I am. I'm as frustrated as you are.
Speaker 5: I play for the organization for twelve seasons and it's it is don right frustrating the heck right now because they have the talent to win. I was excited to go to the Super Bowl three or four years ago when they were there. I thought for sure they'd be back the next year and the next year and the next year. I thought we'd win two Super Bowls under Joe Burrow. I'm just doubting right now whether it's going to happen without.
Speaker 2: Some kind of change, significant changes or will he become a Dan Marine And also went to one Super Bowl with two great receivers and Mark Cooper and Mark Clayton. Clayton, Yeah so, and they got smoked by the forty nine Ers in Stanford Stadium back in nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 5: There have been a lot of quarterbacks that get there and never win one, right, you know, Buffalo Jim Kelly, they were oer for four four years in air own lost.
Speaker 4: Is that incredible? That's incredible you think about that? Yeah, just terrible.
Speaker 5: It's there's a lot of a lot of great players and for some reason something's missed. I don't know what it is. You just you just think that one of these days they're going to get it right. Three cracks at the super Bowl, two at the forty nine Ers, one at the Rams, and they've both escaped late in the game. They were all great games. All three of them were great games.
Speaker 2: All right, appreciate the call. Let's go to Is it Jerry in Indiana? That sounds like a salty from the music man?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yes, I'm not gonna Gary and Madison, Gary and Matt Maddison.
Speaker 12: Okay, all right, well you know, uh I heard something the other day. And we've had problems with offensive line, uh and letting us down ato at crucial times. So and you know, calls in induries to Joe Burrow and stuff like that, we have got to answer right there in Cincinnati.
Speaker 11: That's the worst part about it all. All we have to do is go over to UC bearcass.
Speaker 12: They've got the best offensive line evidently in the nation.
Speaker 11: But calls.
Speaker 12: They've only allowed one quarterback sack this past year.
Speaker 3: They allowed the country they allowed more.
Speaker 2: They had some great stretches where they protected Brendan Soresby. Yeah, he got sacked a few times in the last game here at TCU. But anyway, speaking of the offensive line.
Speaker 12: They were number one in the country allowed sacks a different.
Speaker 2: Level game or not, but you know, different level at the same time. But I'm glad you brought up the offensive line. I think it's is playing better. What hurt today is you get to the two yard line and he's good for this at least once every game, Orlando Brown with the.
Speaker 5: I think there's multiple players plays during the game when he does it. And he you know, he's a great guy, a very talented man, but he does leave early. Multiple times again, and they call it at the most inopportune times.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 5: You know they could call it. There was a right tackle for Oh, I'm not Kansas City who did it every snap and they very seldom ever called it. Yeah right, they called it on on Orlando at the most inopportune times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at the two yard line. It got shoved back to the seven.
Speaker 2: And what happened a pick six that went uh yeah, van Ney got the interception and then gave the ball to Gilman.
Speaker 4: You run that far. I'm not running that far. You go that far?
Speaker 2: A low tie a loohi Gilman and h he went to distance and that was the game.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: So but yeah, the.
Speaker 2: Or Or lining up Osai with his helmet across the line, you know he's yeah, check with the ref. Hey am I all right, No, you're over Okay, I'll back up.
Speaker 5: It's they want the advantage on every snap and and they get as much of the ball as they can, and again inopportune time to do that. And he was clearly over the line. I saw that, and I called it before before they even threw the flag. I'm watching against he's off side.
Speaker 3: Watch Hey do we have Steve and Indian Hill.
Speaker 10: Hello, hello Steve, Hey, uh, I would like to ask you, as experts, maybe you Bruce, to list the last three worst losses that the Bengals. You know, it seems like week after week this is we lost the Jets.
Speaker 6: But your opinion.
Speaker 4: Is this one of the worst or.
Speaker 11: Where are you?
Speaker 5: The Jets, the Bears, and now this one all three but the big at the wrong time of the year.
Speaker 2: But the biggest blowout in Bengals history came against Minnesota.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, this is.
Speaker 2: Because the largest spread and it happened four times and said club history before that game thirty seven points.
Speaker 5: I thought I was referring to crushing blows, but yeah, crushing blows this one, this one eliminates you. But really you can go back to the Jets and the Bears to look at the elimination. You know, there was there was two winnable games and and uh, they didn't play well enough to win those two games. And right then, you know, it's a different, different season if they win those two games.
Speaker 2: To have Joe Flacco bring that club back against them over and over and over with less than a minute to go, and you can't stop Colston Loveland on that lengthy touchdown pass in the midfield and then Garrett House to the house. Yeah, it's scary, just how bad that we played in those games. I forget the earlier caller who said, you know, the depression, the depression, and I when I try to go to sleep at night, I think of some of these plays that just kill you, and uh, oh.
Speaker 4: Man, just uh it hurts, it really does.
Speaker 2: Is a Bengal fan and I've been following the here it's nineteen sixty eight.
Speaker 6: You know, Uh, it seems like this is the worst loss ever week after week after week. But here's what I wanted to say. We all still love them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we love the Bengals.
Speaker 5: Love the Bengals. Are you're one hundred percent correct? I'm a I'm a I'm a die hard. I'll never not be a Bengals fan. I think there's just it's frustrating because the week is so good when they win. You go to you go to work on Monday and you're standing with the with the work coworkers at the mountain, at the water fountain, in a coffee pot and just talking about how to play a well they played it.
Speaker 4: It makes the week go so much faster.
Speaker 5: And that's the bad part about it, is the whole city is and the whole region is invested in this club being successful, and kind of especially this time of the season when winter comes along, it's kind of depressing time with you anyway, with the trees and all that. But you kind of rely on them to lift their spirits every week, and so we get we get lifted up when they score and then then they give it right back. I said, you know, it's a charitable thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Oh, Steve, appreciate the call man. Thank you so much. Hey, you're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealer's postgame Sports Talk presented by RNEL Carriers. He's Bruce Kezerski. This is Chick Ludwig. We are live at the Wings and Rings in Union, Kentucky eighty nine eighty seven US forty two until eight thirty tonight. Give us a call at five one, three, seven four, nine, seven thousand, one, eight hundred, the Big One on seven hundred WLW and Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen thirty even Day drop. Welcome back to the Try State Chevy Dealers postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers. Chick Ludwig alongside Bruce Kazerski.
Speaker 3: We are live and the.
Speaker 2: Wings and rings in Union, Kentucky eighty nine eighty seven US forty two until late thirty tonight. And Bruce, I am on the philip Rivers. Watch here, forty four year old grandpa.
Speaker 4: Everybody sit down. Everybody's sitting down when he says this. That's right.
Speaker 2: Sixteen of twenty three passing for one hundred and one yards. That's an average of four point four yards per good handoff. Yes, one touchdown, no interception, one sack. Passer rating of ninety two point eight. And the Colts have a thirteen to twelve lead over the Seattle Seahawks with eight oh nine to go.
Speaker 4: And they're running the clock and killing the call.
Speaker 3: They're trying, man, and this.
Speaker 4: Can hold on Navy. This was on.
Speaker 5: But the old man, he just had a bad snap. I was watching the ball. I was a high snap and he had a choke. He got he got crushed. Oh I felt that well.
Speaker 2: And we saw him on the sidelines and he's moving his arm and and Bruce goes those banjo strings.
Speaker 4: They're not they're not what they used.
Speaker 3: To be exactly right. Hey, let's go out to the phone.
Speaker 2: Scott is in Blanchester home with the Wildcats.
Speaker 3: Scott, how are you yeah that y'all does fantastic?
Speaker 11: Great.
Speaker 20: I'm gonna try to put a little serotonin in everybody's mind. I'm gonna ask you guys the question. There there was a guy or a player, and he played for many NFL.
Speaker 11: Season as a quarterback, just like Joe.
Speaker 20: It almost sounds reminiscent.
Speaker 11: Of his career.
Speaker 20: But I watched this man try try after try, season after season, and finally and I think that that one game that he finally went to the Super Bowl, he finally won it. Can you name that man.
Speaker 4: Stanford?
Speaker 20: Because he was I mean, and and Devers different. Almost let me give you.
Speaker 10: Lifetime because this man, this man.
Speaker 20: Tried harder every single time, and it's like he always came up shorter. It's almost like the same situation that we're going through. But the moral of the story is get backed up, keep trying, and you'll get and you'll get it.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 20: It's like you know that mister John Elway.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, they got blown out a couple of times. Yeah, And I was thinking of Jim Pluckett. Jim, Yeah, you should win a super Bowl with the radar Ya.
Speaker 20: It was single time. Yeah, he's rifle one down the mid second and then finally get and all of a sudden horror shows his ugly face and then all of a sudden ever.
Speaker 5: You know, we'll put them and you know we'll put them over the top. Well, put them over the top. As good as John Elway was. It was their running game. Thrill Davis. Yes, they run the ball on anybody. That makes your quarterback that much more effective.
Speaker 4: When we get to that point, yeah, I said, we.
Speaker 5: Get to that point, then we'll then we'll be able to say, okay, Joe, now now take us to the rest.
Speaker 4: Of the way, right.
Speaker 20: You know, it's kind of funny you hear all the announcers. I have to, you know, turn the mute off because you know, these guys just it seems like you're on the other team. That's almost like we're it's the punching pack of the NFL. And I can't stand it, you know, but you know, it seems like we know we gotta do we got we know, we just gotta keep on pushing forward. And I'm I'm that just what rang in my head as far as like, guys, you gotta keep trying. You gotta keep going, that's all.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 5: The one thing you don't want to be in all the sports is a team that the Harlem gold Tars play against.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. You don't want to be that group. Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: You want to be the team that the challenges every week. Yeah, and this team can still challenge. You can see. You can see three great performances the last three weeks in the season. And it won't mean much to to the to the to the organization, to the league league wide, but it'll mean a lot to the to the players, it will mean a lot to the fans, and it will mean a lot to the to the management that has to pay these guys and five.
Speaker 4: Players for next year.
Speaker 6: Year.
Speaker 4: We're valuabating now.
Speaker 2: All right, appreciate the call. Thank you very much. Do we have Jonathan and Dayton?
Speaker 11: Yeah? Hey, Chick, thanks for everything you do.
Speaker 4: Brother.
Speaker 11: I appreciate you always being the fan base, just giving us a place.
Speaker 4: Of vent tonight.
Speaker 14: Tonight, my I have got a little anger, okay, but it's not geared towards Zach Taylor.
Speaker 11: It's non geared towards the players. I think they all did there.
Speaker 14: They they played as hard as they can. They didn't have it today. But as a fan, I'm a customer and I want to talk about my customer experience at the game today. And it started like this. I came from Dayton, Ohio. You know, you know a thing or two about Dayton, Ohio.
Speaker 11: The whole drive down that roads covered and ice.
Speaker 14: Took us about an hour and forty five minutes to get there, no problem. But when I get to the stadium at the National Anthem, I got to wait an hour to get through because there's only two gates open, and I don't even get into the second quarter. And then I get to my seat and it's covered in snow. And then I see people in hot chocolate, and I said, I'll go to concessions, but my section's concession area isn't even open. It opens my eyes that this ownership has a serious problem with doing the bare minimum.
Speaker 11: You see it on the team, like we got the quarterback, but the offensive.
Speaker 14: Line's always one guy missed, and that makes the whole thing a unit. That's just like the snow still being on the seats, Like we got the stadium, but we don't take care of the little things to make it complete. And I'm telling you today was like the final straw from me. I saw it from a customer perspective. I was like, they don't do the little things, and I'm angered by that. It's like, and they want us to blame Zach, they want us to blame they want us to blame Burrow, and it's like, you gotta do the little things, and they just that's why they get a bad rap, that's why people make fun of us. That they're not making fun of us, they're not making fun of the city. They're talking about the ownership. And it's time that we just we started saying, you know, enough of enough man, enough is enough, Like treat us right, build a team that we deserve. Lord knows, this city's given them all the tax now as they want. It's time to step up to the plate and don't have scapegoats that we say, oh, go fire Zach Taylor. Now give him proper coaching, give him proper scouting. I feel like I'm just preaching at this point. But the Cotonomer perspective.
Speaker 2: That's what this is for John, Hey, absolutely, this is the place event we've got to take a break. Well, we can address this when we come Back. It's the Tri State Chevy Dealer's post game Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers Chick Ludwig with Bruce Kazerski and Engineer Mike Mills on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: This is the Tri Stage Chevy Dealer's post game Sports Talk, live from Buffalo Wings and Rings, presented by R and L Carriers. Post Game sports Talk is brought to you in part by Pellow Windows and Door making life brighter. Pella Now pay Later Carrier and your local carrier dealers turn to the experts. Carrier Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tave Sheldon five one three five one three, TOPH, Postman Law Injured call eight four to four Postman Others Promise Postman delivers R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider. And by your Tri State Chevy Dealers to number one selling brand in Cincinnati for nine straight years. And now post games sports Talk.
Speaker 2: We are live at the Wings and Rings in Union, Kentucky eighty nine to eighty seven US forty two and you're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers Post Game Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers on seven hundred WLW and Cincinnati ZESPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 3: This is Chick Ludwig.
Speaker 2: I'm alongside Bengals great offensive lineman Bruce Kazerski.
Speaker 3: We're breaking down.
Speaker 2: The Bengals twenty four to nothing shutout loss to the Baltimore Ravens today that finally knocked the Bengals out of the playoffs. The Bengals are four and ten now two and five at home. Mike mills Is are awesome on site. Engineer Sean McMahon is producing back in our Kenwood studios.
Speaker 3: We love it here at Wings and Rings.
Speaker 2: Wings burger sandwiches, salads, appetizers, drink specials. Wings and Rings has it all. We're here told eight thirty tonight, come on out, and if you can't be here in person, join us by calling five one three, seven, four nine, seven thousand. I've got my coffee, I've got my computer. All I need is you to join us here on postgame Sports Talk and Bruce, let's review the delivery of the game brought to you by RNL Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make RNL Carriers your global transportation provider.
Speaker 3: And it has to be Jamar Chase the.
Speaker 4: Only thing in town, that's right.
Speaker 2: He caught two balls, the two longest plays of the day for the Bengals, a thirty four yarder from Joe Burrow in the third quarter.
Speaker 3: In a and in the fourth quarter a twenty seven year.
Speaker 2: And really both you know, at Baltimore's thirty eight yard line for thirty four yards, the other one at Baltimore's forty five for twenty seven yards. The Bengals moved the ball between the basically between the twenties.
Speaker 4: Could not score. Unstoppable guy.
Speaker 5: They got in that red zone and it was like Kryptonite stepped across the line and they just.
Speaker 3: Get her a wall like the thirty yard line. They just could not.
Speaker 4: And didn't know. That's why they called the red zone.
Speaker 5: Every defense has they let you get there, and more than they tighten it down because you're getting that shortened field.
Speaker 2: And uh, the delivery of the game is brought to you by RNL Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and once again make RNL Carriers your global transportation provider. And we've gone over this before, Bruce. But to get to the twenty five yard line, no score. They're driving and then a sack on third and four, way back like at the forty two yard line, forcing a punt. They get the ball back, they drive to the Ravens twenty nine yard line. Then it passed over the middle and it Jamar Chase didn't quite times jump right and it ticked off the top of his hands right and you.
Speaker 5: Can see him, you can see him turn his head up. Feel just to split second early and on n cole Weather, they like that. You got to grab that ball and hold hold on with for your life because it's slick. It's very slick.
Speaker 2: We saw a drop that would have been a thirty yard game by andre Yusavasha. Yeah, and another one in the end zone by what really was Mitchell Tinsley could not bring the ball in and then on the next play.
Speaker 4: Boom, Yeah, pick six.
Speaker 3: So it's it's that quick.
Speaker 4: Just it's just like a buffalo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one mistake and it's going the other way.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: They you to never give up defense. We never give up on the ball carrier. If you can tackle them at the one, you give us another chance to stop them. And that's kind of what happened today. We had the opportunity. They never gave up. They got the ball out, had a chance and broke our back.
Speaker 4: Yes it did. Hey, let's go out to the phones. We have Steve and Sharonville.
Speaker 21: And hey, guys, how you doing.
Speaker 4: We're there.
Speaker 21: Yeah, I'm good. Yeah, check out. I think you're the best guy on talk radio in Cincinnati. I mean that sincerely. I wish you were on more often.
Speaker 2: Well, I appreciate that, and I'm staying in my lane. I enjoy what I do. I'm kind of that glue on within.
Speaker 4: I just gave him knuckles just so you know that's right, man.
Speaker 21: But yeah, well you're good. Anyway. I'd like to make two comments, and I could either hang up and hey, have you comment, or if you want to dis go, so whatever you want to do. The first comment I like to make is yeah, to translate what Burrow said the other day in his press conference, and basically what he was saying is, uh, Mike and Katie, if you don't fire Zach, you don't fire Duke, and you don't bring chef up your scouting department and bring some good confident people in here asap like yesterday. Uh, I'm going to demand a trade. I mean we're gonna we're looking at Carson Palmer two point zero. In my opinion, I think Joe's fed up, and you know, he knows that he shouldn't be putting up with this, and then he'd be thriving somewhere else. So that's the first comment. The second comment I want to make is I honestly feel that both the fans and the media in this town are responsible partly for allowing the Bengals to get away with this mediocrity year after year. And when people say, well, I'm gonna support the Bengals no matter what and all, they basically that just tells the Brown family that they don't have to change anything. People are still going to support us. So I just think in either Philadelphia or New York or other cities wouldn't put up with this, neither the media or the fans. I just think the media is too soft and the fans are too accepting. That's just my opinion. If you want to discuss, fine, or if you want me to hang up, whatever.
Speaker 5: You want to do, I'll make one comment. I'll just say Cleveland Browns. You know you want to talk about a loyal fan base, the Cleveland Browns, or how about the Boston Red Sox for fifty years. You know, the fan base gets loyal because they love going to the ballpark, they love the scenery, running those players running around town.
Speaker 4: I get it, man, it's a ton of money.
Speaker 5: It's more money than it's ever ever been, and it's killing pocketbooks and Christmas vacations. It's killing Christmas presents because they're losing. But let's not jump off the brug. This organization has been around a long time. There's enough people that care about it. I think there's twenty thousand people still on the wait list to get tickets. So you know, I don't I don't buy anything. Like I said, I'm a lifer for for good. I don't go to a lot of games. I just I'm too busy with other things in my life. But I do watch every game on television, every one of them, and and uh I wish them the best on every on every given Sundays too.
Speaker 21: But there's there's too much media. I mean, look at Marvel Lewis, how many years he was here. Look how long it took him to fire Dave Shula. I mean, this organization, the front office is just not competent and that ends up with results. Like you see today on the field. That's just my opinion. I just think that I think the media should be tougher on the on the front office. I think the fans should be tough tougher on the front office. And I think it's that if both those things happen, you see things change around here.
Speaker 4: There's something to be that for that.
Speaker 5: But this again, having been in the organization, I know that they are family people and and they hate to and you look at this way, it's it's no longer it's such an expensive sport anymore. But they those people, the coaches, they become family.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: It's hard to kick a family that are out and and maybe it's easy for Jerry Jones, it's not so easy for the Browns. They're they're loyalists and they want to give you every opportunity.
Speaker 4: But I think I think that.
Speaker 5: Zach is losing the locker room, and I think something drastic hast to change, and maybe Duke Tobin is the start of it.
Speaker 3: The other times.
Speaker 21: Have a nice evening, guys.
Speaker 3: All right, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: The national media made it sound like Joe Burrow exactly what he said. I just listened to Dan Horde talk with Scott Sloan. He had a total, totally different opinion of it that yes, he's frustrated, no one in that building is happy, but.
Speaker 3: Demand a trade.
Speaker 2: Come on, He's making an average of fifty five million dollars through twenty twenty nine.
Speaker 5: His buddy Jamar's here. T Higgins is here. Yes, his weapons. Part of the part of the reason he's as good as he is is because of his weapons, you know, without without t to a you see how average he can look at times. Again, the cold weather affected everybody. I don't want to take that. But again, who had more to win to who had more to gain today in that game than than than the Ravens did. The Ravens are the Bengals, you know, it's hard, hard to stay focused.
Speaker 2: And the Ravens got the revenge from Thanksgiving night in Baltimore. So Bengals beat them there. Then they had they had fun with the turkey that night on the sidelines.
Speaker 4: And they haven't won. I don't. They haven't won since.
Speaker 5: No, it's a it's it's a it's getting hard to watch. But again it's the Bengals.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: You got you gotta, you gotta, you gotta love watching the Bengals, and you pray for them to make the right play, and when they do, you're excited about it.
Speaker 4: And when they don't, it's like, oh, here we go. You know, that's it.
Speaker 2: And cos let's a highlight the drive of the game. And it's brought to you by the BMW Store. There are over three hundred and fifty BMW centers in the United States, but there's only one store, the BMW Store where Passion Loves Company.
Speaker 4: We could pick it.
Speaker 2: The Bengals did not score, So what is the drive of the game. Okay, their best opportunity to score was late.
Speaker 3: They drive to the two yard line, five yard penalty.
Speaker 2: Then you get a five yard penalty on Orlando Brown you know jumping' you know, illegal procedure, a drop in the end zone by Mitchell Tinsley, and then a pick six that went ninety.
Speaker 4: Plus yards snowball.
Speaker 2: Yes, So in the in their first drive to the twenty five yard.
Speaker 5: Line, you can't go with the one where they ran it back for a touchdown because that's that's a drive of game for them allanst it. It has to be in the game early in the game when we had you know, we were playing had a chance to score was right there.
Speaker 2: And the first drive to the twenty five yard line, god man, yes, and then took a sack at the forty two.
Speaker 5: And you're kicking a brick on a day like today, so you can't make a it's hard to make a record centing vehicle.
Speaker 2: That is the drive of the game. The first drive to the Bengals forty two. Now to the or to the Ravens twenty five yard line.
Speaker 3: The sack took it back to the forty two. They had to punt.
Speaker 4: So wow.
Speaker 2: They're over three hundred and fifty BMWs centers in the United States, but there's only one store, the BMW Store where Passion Loves Company. And we are late for a break. He's Bruce Kezerski. This is Chick Ludwig. We're live at Wings and Rings in Union, Kentucky eighty nine eighty seven US forty two and you're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers postgame sports Talk presented by RNL carriers on seven hundred WLW and Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen seven, twenty five in the Queens City of Cincinnati. This is Chick Ludwig alongside Bruce Kazerski. We are live at the Wings and Rings in Union, Kentucky eighty nine eighty seven US forty two, and you are listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers postgame sports talk sented by RNL carriers. And if you don't know by now, the Baltimore Ravens shut out the Bengals today, twenty four to nothing, sending their record to seven and seven. They're still in the hunt for the AFC North title with the Pittsburgh Steelers. Bengals season ooh four and ten over with three games to go, four and ten, two and five at home. Very frustrating that they cannot protect pay Court Stadium.
Speaker 3: And let's go out to the phones.
Speaker 2: Welcome in our good friend John and Cedarville home of the Indians. Hi, John Hey, Jack Hey, John Hey.
Speaker 22: Officially eliminated from the playoffs officially. Does that mean no Lombardi this year?
Speaker 4: Correct? No Lombardy. Somebody in Cincinnati.
Speaker 22: I was hoping we should get that Lombardi and maybe Bengal Nation lobby the commissioner to get the name of the trophy change to the Gulf of Paul Brown.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: Speaking of that, speaking of that, here's no name for the coach of the year, and it should be the Paul Brown Coach of the Year. He is the number one ESPN's like top one hundred, you know, game changers.
Speaker 3: He is number one in terms.
Speaker 4: Of the evolution football.
Speaker 9: I mean, he's the teacher. He's the teacher.
Speaker 10: You don't meet the teacher.
Speaker 9: And that's what the.
Speaker 22: Man aster of the Cincinnati Bengals. They're all winners, fifty three winners, but you got to go out each and every play of every game and you've got to prove it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this this game is not about the right.
Speaker 4: It's about the four that you did wrong, you know.
Speaker 22: I mean, we did not see that today. And as far as the scouting goes in the draft, just like you guys are speaking on earlier, they get blue chippers. There's blue chippers out there and this team knows how to draft them. And it wouldn't bother me one bit if they took an Ohio State Bucket or Indiana Hoosier with every single one of their picks.
Speaker 3: I don't care.
Speaker 22: And that's all I got in Happy holidays, guys.
Speaker 2: The Ohio State might have six first round draft picks on their of their top twenty two.
Speaker 4: Very very deserving. Indiana's got quite a few they as well.
Speaker 5: They had an amazing season and it's not over for either one of them.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And we talked about Joe Walter Bengal legend, Texas Tech Red Raiders.
Speaker 3: Many fast, they are physical, they're.
Speaker 5: Gonna be They're gonna be a real serious contender as this thing plays out.
Speaker 2: Next Saturday, the twentieth man, Well, there's a game Friday night in Oklahoma and Alabama.
Speaker 4: Another that should be a good game. I don't know either one is gonna compete.
Speaker 3: And then a triple header on Saturday.
Speaker 2: I'll be in the seven hundred WLW studios, we'll be talking about it. But you know you're right about the four plays. What if Jamar Chase makes that catch on a slant, it's right in Chase his hands and he dropped, Okay, refuse. Savash makes that catch they should have made that he should have made, and Tenseley makes the catch correct, So.
Speaker 3: And Joe doesn't throw the pick sick.
Speaker 5: Well, that's the problem with the pass game as being everything that you do.
Speaker 4: The running game is.
Speaker 5: So critical because you hand it off to one guy, but ten other guys have to do their job.
Speaker 4: To the best of their ability.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, we had one hundred yards rushing today, which if we would have looked at hundred yards rushing the first five or six games of the season, we would said, wow, who were they? You know, when you're averaging one point two or one point four yards of carry early in the season. Now we get one hundred yards per game. But when you are limited how far and how he's hard is for you to run the game, run the ball. That passing game is critical. And now now three things have to pass, and we have to happen when you throw it. Somebody has to throw it, somebody has to catch it. Someone has to not fumble it when they get the ball.
Speaker 2: And that's why Woody Hayes said, things happened when you pass. Two of them are bad, bad, and really three of them are bad. You can't catch it, you can fumble it, and this it can get intercepted.
Speaker 5: And the weather is so important to the passing game. Rainy days, cold freezing days like today, it changes the dynamics of all the passing game when it's the weather is so bad.
Speaker 2: Isn't it crazy to be sitting here and critiquing and really and criticizing guys playing in minus one degree winship. It is severe, it's brutal, But hats off, we've reached the bottom of the hour break. But hats really, hats off to the Baltimore Ravens. They came out, they were hungry. They got after it. They really did. And you're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL carriers live from the Wings and Rings in Union, Kentucky.
Speaker 3: He's Bruce Kezerski.
Speaker 2: This is Chick Ludwig seven hundred WLW and ESPN fifteen thirty. You are listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers post game Sports Talk presented by RNL carriers. Folks should have heard us talking off air. We went back to Plan B free agency. We were talking offensive lineman.
Speaker 5: Greats, some greats, Max Mntoya, Max Monttoy, back when Bible Trumpy.
Speaker 2: Plan B free agency. If anybody remembers that was eventually outlawed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because the system was illegal to begin with.
Speaker 8: It was.
Speaker 4: It was illegal.
Speaker 2: Teams protected a number of players, and what they did was to protect more players. They would agree with the with the the team would agree with the player. Hey a handshake to come back, maybe get a little bonus, yep.
Speaker 3: Well yeah.
Speaker 2: Max Montoya originally told Mike Brown, Okay, yeah, I will come back, so they didn't put him on the Plan B list. But when Al Davis offers you a two year deal double your salary, you can't.
Speaker 3: Turn that down until you've jumped to the Raiders.
Speaker 5: The big example that everybody talked about when that happened was Jojacobe was the highest paid left tackle in football and the Redskins gave him one hundred thousand dollars bonus to stick around.
Speaker 4: Yes, so he told everybody no.
Speaker 5: But Max was undervalued because of where he was playing, and he got a little bonus to say no, not nearly what Jojacobe got. And in the Pro Bowl, playing in the Pro Bowl, and he met Al Davis and Al said, gave him this contract.
Speaker 4: He said, yes, I'm going to sign that.
Speaker 5: And then he called and told the Bengals and they kept his Pro Bowl bonus, but he already had the little kicker that they gave him. But he only paid about two thirds of what his his position, with his expertise and his Pro Bowl caliber expertise demanded.
Speaker 4: Man, And so it's just a little behind the curve.
Speaker 5: Ball there, they're a little behind the curve and the way things go, and it seems like they caught up with the salaries they're playing. They're paying what everybody else is paying. It's just they're not balanced at their offensive defense. Are two different animals, Yeah, two different creations.
Speaker 2: Hey, let's go out to the phones. Welcome in, Debbie in Norwood, Debbie.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I'm just watching last two games, and man, I don't know what has happened, especially with Joe Burrow.
Speaker 9: Like we looked good in the first half of the game, and then all of a sudden, it's like he was sitting in.
Speaker 13: A warm backup and started and everything just went to hell in a handbasket.
Speaker 2: What happened, Well, we saw what happened last week. I mean he played brilliantly for ninety eight percent of the game and two rows. Yes, but that's how perfect he has to play perfect for this team to win.
Speaker 4: It seems like every mistake he makes.
Speaker 9: Because we have amazing talent on our team.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, we do look at their record, but they they scored forty and lost by two points. They scored thirty thirty eight and lost by two points. Under Joe Flacco, you know. And so when Joe Burrow come back and they scored enough points to win and they still lose. They're given up too many points. And they've been given up too many points all year long, all year long. So every time the offense makes a mistake, it's almost amplified by the fear of what's coming. Here we go again. Believe me that that plays into everybody's hearts and minds on that field.
Speaker 4: And if you if you're winning, it doesn't. But if you're losing, yeah, it kind of does.
Speaker 2: Joe is pressing, he is, he is pressing to attempt to play perfect in any you can't.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now, they're human beings too, So all week long now they're hearing talk shows like ours and and the callers are upset and for different reasons, and they and they all and and you got to go to Kroger's with your wife to get groceries, and you know it's Christmas shop and time, so you're going out to buy your wife and present and you're hearing all this talk and there you know he's not good this and that, and it eats at your soul because you you you put everything you have into this and like you said, we have great players. We have great players, and they're great human beings, they really are.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: But like I said earlier, it's it's not the sixty five plays that you make, it's the four that you don't that costs us everywhere.
Speaker 3: And we can point to about five plays today that.
Speaker 5: Killed them, and it seems like when Joe makes them, they're amplified that because we throw the ball so often. The tipped pass off of Chase's hands intercepted, you know, the pass last week that he threw on the screen. He threw the ball exactly where he sposed to. The guy made a great play. Yes, you know. The Lions did that today to Safford. The defensive lineman picked it off the same.
Speaker 4: Way Aiden Hutchinson.
Speaker 5: But they came back and won because they were able to stop people when they needed to.
Speaker 3: We didn't do that, all right, Tabby, thank you very much for the call.
Speaker 4: Uh it's called complimentary football, chick. You know what really is.
Speaker 5: They gotta bail and they gotta bail him out when he makes his few mistakes.
Speaker 2: And all I can think of is Jordan Battle made a couple of nice plays. Yeah, Okay, celebrated the one where he shot the gap and made the nice tackle, and on the very next play, Boom rashied Ali thirty yards on the screen pass Yeh Boom untouched seven to nothing Ravens on their way to a twenty four to nothing victory.
Speaker 3: Well, let's review the Guilty Windows.
Speaker 2: Window of opportunity brought to you by Guilty Windows. The key to quality windows is trusting the pros Guilty Windows, and the window of opportunity for the Bengals came when.
Speaker 3: Jordan Battle.
Speaker 2: Gets the interception off an errant pass from Lamar Jackson that bounced out of the hands of Zay Flowers and the Bengals get set up at their own twenty seven yard line.
Speaker 3: But what do they do.
Speaker 2: They go three and out, three and out.
Speaker 5: They didn't take advantage of the opportunity. That's a complimentary football comment that we were just talking about. Yeah, you know, offense makes a mistake, defense has to bail them out.
Speaker 4: Defense makes a great play, the offense got to capitalize on it.
Speaker 5: That's that's that's complimentary football, and it's just it's not consistent enough at this point.
Speaker 3: And that came after Joe Burrow's interception.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, they Joe threw an interception off the tip and then uh we got one off a tip and then do it with it.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right. So frustrating ten to nothing or fourteen to nothing at half. That second touchdown in the final minute of that second quarter, the twenty eight yard or de Ze Flowers was an absolute killer killer because the Bengals had the ball first and ten at the two minute warning at their own forty seven yard line, and a run and two incompletions only burned a few seconds off the clock. You would have liked the Bengals to have driven down scored before the end of the half. You're getting the ball to start the third quarter. Nothing worked for the Cincinnati Bengals today in a twenty four to nothing loss, the first time they've been shut out since the opener of the twenty seventeen season, twenty to nothing at home in the opening game of the season by the Baltimore Ravens.
Speaker 4: Chick.
Speaker 5: Yes, the Ravens have twenty four rushes and they had twelve asses, Yes.
Speaker 4: Thirty six plays and how many were for more than twenty eight game game right there?
Speaker 5: Just that's a third of the third of the you know, that's just ridiculous. You can't you can't be doing that.
Speaker 2: And just a reminder to fans that postgame sports talk is brought to you in part by AE Door and Window Company. They sell the best and service the rest. But Bruce is so right. You make forty good plays. It's the four or five that you don't make or the mistakes that you make that kill you. And that's what happened today.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we had thirty nine passing attempts and twenty nine rushing attempts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Held the ball for nearly forty minutes.
Speaker 5: Sixty eight plays to their thirty six plays.
Speaker 3: And they shut us, set the Beckels out. It's crazy. Twenty four to nothing. It just it blows your mind.
Speaker 5: But the only goal that they compost was to dominate the time possession, to give Jacksonville or to give uh Lamar Jackson as few.
Speaker 4: Of opportunities as possible. Yeah, that was.
Speaker 5: It's been that way all year long. With the defense as shaky as had been and unstable, they got to limit the opponent's possessions.
Speaker 2: So they limited Lamar Jackson to eight completions, but two.
Speaker 3: Of them were for touchdowns.
Speaker 4: Oh it hurts, man, it hurts.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers post game Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers. This is the place to event five three, seven four nine, seven thousand, one, eight hundred The Big One, Bad Football makes for Great Radio on seven hundred WLW in Cincinnati's.
Speaker 4: ESPN fifteen thirty. And today.
Speaker 2: You are listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers on seven hundred WLWN, Cincinnati, ESPN fifteen thirty. Chick Ludwig alongside Bruce Kazerski, and we're live at the Wings and Rings in Union, Kentucky on US forty two eighty nine eighty seven. We're here till eight thirty tonight at Bruce. Right now, let's go over some scores around the National Football League. The Broncos at home over the Green Bay Packers.
Speaker 4: May thirty four to twenty six games.
Speaker 2: Broncos improved to twelve and two, Packers fall to nine four and one.
Speaker 4: That might make the Denver Broncos a number one seed. Man.
Speaker 2: The Chicago Bears at home crushed the Cleveland Browns. The Browns are three and eleven, the Chicago Bears ten and four, five and one at home, and the team that launched Caleb Williams career, your Cincinnati Bengals.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 2: Bengals fall, of course, twenty four to nothing at home. Two the Baltimore Ravens. Ravens approved to seven and seven. Bengals fall to four and ten. Chargers eke out a sixteen to thirteen win over the Chiefs in Kansas City. Chargers improved to ten and four. Chiefs fall to six and eight.
Speaker 4: And Mahomes maybe out. Maybe he's hurt.
Speaker 2: He's hurt, that's right, and they could very well be eliminated here from the playoffs.
Speaker 4: I think they are mathematically Chiefs are out.
Speaker 2: The Buffalo Bills, down early twenty one to nothing, roar back and beat the New England Patriots up in Foxborough thirty five to thirty one. A twenty eight point second half for the Buffalo Bills.
Speaker 3: You trailed twenty four to seven.
Speaker 5: And continually tried to share the offense, and then at some point they say, Josh win this game for us, and he's good enough to do it like Superman.
Speaker 2: Nineteen of twenty eight, one hundred and ninety three yards three touchdowns for Josh Allen the command The Washington Commanders are twenty nine to twenty one winners over the Giants. In New York, a pair of struggling teams, Commanders four and ten, Giants two and twelve.
Speaker 3: Raiders get shut out.
Speaker 2: In Philadelphia buy the Eagles thirty one to nothing. The Raiders are two and twelve. The Eagles improved to nine and five five and two at home. Jaguars all over the Jets in Jacksonville. The Jags now ten and four. Jets go to three and eleven. Trevor Lawrence twenty of thirty two passing three hundred and thirty yards and five touchdowns.
Speaker 4: Chick Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 5: As much as this city is anguishing over the Bengals, how about New York?
Speaker 4: How struggles that they have with the Giants and the Jets. Oh, they got two franchises that can't get out of their own way.
Speaker 3: In the largest market, in the largest market in the United.
Speaker 2: States, Texans are forty to twenty winners at home over the Arizona Cardinals. Texans approved the nine to five Cardinals at three and eleven and CJ. Stroud twenty two to twenty nine two hundred and sixty yards, three touchdowns.
Speaker 5: They've caught fire. They're playing great football. What a great defense they have.
Speaker 2: And the Los Angeles Rams at home forty one to thirty four winners over the visiting Detroit Lions. Lions now eight and six, Rams approved to eleven and three. Matthew Stafford a couple of touchdown passes. He throws for three hundred and sixty eight yards.
Speaker 4: The Lions are facing elimination two, that's right.
Speaker 2: And the Saints in New Orleans twenty to seventeen winners over the visiting Carolina Panthers. Panthers now seven and seven, Saints are are four and ten, and the forty nine Ers, how do they keep winning? Thirty seven to twenty four at home over the Tennessee Titans. Titan said two and twelve, forty nine Ers had ten and four and Phillips Rivers debut has comeback after being out since two thousand.
Speaker 5: Honestly, yes, it's a pretty impressive comeback. I mean, Joe Flacco was great in his tenure here as a Bengal, with the exception of the first game if you remember that one, it was it was not overly exciting. But today he threw a for over one hundred yards, threw a for a touchdown pass. He had him in the ballgame and they were winning for most of that ballgame. He made him competitive. Now, what can happen in the next couple of couple of weeks because we already saw him, you know, stretching his shoulder out with the trainer and you know, getting sacked a few times, and.
Speaker 4: I have an offensive linement have to help him up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the banjo, the joe strings are a little tight, yeah or whatever. But the Seattle Seahawks eke it out over the Indianapolis Colts touring acl Patrick Mahomes Wow, eighteen to sixteen. Seattle Seahawks over the Colts.
Speaker 4: Micah Parsons feared torn Aco Wow.
Speaker 2: And Tomorrow Knight's game the Dolphins at the Pittsburgh Steelers. Steelers at seven and six, Dolphins at six and seven. And tonight's game is the Vikings at the Cowboys. Vikings at five and eight, the Cowboys at six, six and one. We've got time to go out to the phones. Jack is a Dayton Jack, What do you say?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 8: Hey, hello, Hello?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Can you hear me sure?
Speaker 4: Ken?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 8: The Bengals are going to make some progress in this sense Burrough Chase era. They've got to improve the defense overnight. And man, i'd pack you jump pair of draft picks for each of the top three teams in the draft and go out and get ohigh skates, the three best defensive players, reef Jackson Downs and go at it and try to improve better than twenty five percent of the defense overnight. Roll the dice and see what happens. Otherwise, it's gonna be us in the Browns for who knows the next half dozen years. I'll listen to your comments.
Speaker 10: Thanks.
Speaker 2: Well, Like we mentioned it earlier, there's like six Ohio State buck eyes really on both sides of the uh the line of scrimmage that are gonna go in the first round of the NFL Draft. There Caleb Downs, r Vel Reese. These are very talented uh gosh, a linebacker and the dB. It'd be nice if the Bengals could pick one of those guys up. To me, it's gonna be a defensive draft. Yeah, you're gonna miss on some guys, but you've got to improve this defense.
Speaker 3: And really, when you look at the.
Speaker 2: Offense, Bruce Higgins is back Burho is back, Jamar Chase is back. You've got two young guards, You've got a very good you basically have decent tackles. Amarus Mims is awesome at right tackle, and you've got a young Chase Brown.
Speaker 3: It's samaj Is due back.
Speaker 2: So really the offense, Mi Kaziki's back, you're fairly.
Speaker 3: Well set on offense. You've got to improve this defense.
Speaker 5: Their window their windows about three years, maybe four. And then and then then you're looking at the end of the careers of some of the finest in Bengal history to play those positions, Chase and Burrow and Higgins, and and then what you know, the evolution can't be reloaded offense again because we're losing games defensively and stats don't lie. And I hate the point fingers, but when you're at this point in the year, when you're ranked at the bottom of the league, it's because of the work that you did. It's it's the results that you were able to perform. You know, offensively they're not down to the bottom of the league, there's somewhere in the middle, but defensively they are down the bottom. Yes, you can win with a with the middle of the road defense. You can win with a.
Speaker 4: Fifteenth, sixteenth, seventeenth ranked defense.
Speaker 5: A lot of games and if we had that this year, we don't want a lot of games.
Speaker 4: But we don't. And some of it's a maturity young lung linebackers.
Speaker 5: We've saw two defensive ends step up the last couple of games and play better. Defensive tackles have been playing a little better, secondary a little better.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's because they're doing a lot more twisting, blitzing.
Speaker 2: And and to Betrius Knight really step forward at times today.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but these guys are all all American blue chip or easier the top shelf players coming up big, big programs, and for some reason it's not gelling on Sundays. And that's what we has to fix. We're picking great players, it has to fix itself on Sunday.
Speaker 2: We've reached the top of the hour break at eight o'clock. We have a half hour to go. You are listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers Post Game Sports Talk presented by Art.
Speaker 1: This is the Tri Stage Chevy Dealers Post Game Sports Talk live from Buffalo Wings and Rings, presented by our carriers. Post Game Sports Talk is brought to you in part by Pellow Windows and Door making life brighter. Pella Now pay Later Carrier and your local carrier dealers turn to the experts Carrier Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tve Sheldon five one three five one three, TOPH Postman Law Injured call eight four to four Postman Others promise Postman delivers R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider, and by your Tri State Chevy Dealers the number one selling brand in Cincinnati for nine straight years and now post games Sports Talk.
Speaker 2: We are live at Wings and Rings in Union, Kentucky eighty.
Speaker 3: Nine eighty seven US forty two.
Speaker 2: When you're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers Postgame Sports Talk presented by R Carriers on seven hundred WLW in Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen point thirty. Chick Ludwig alongside Bruce Kozerski, Bengals legendary offensive lineman and Mike mills Is are on site engineer and Danny Gleeson has taken the baton from Sean McMahon as tonight's final producer. Wings Burger sandwiches, salads, appetizers, drink specials, wings and rings.
Speaker 3: Has it all.
Speaker 2: We're here till the bottom of the hour, continuing to talk Bengals football in the wake of their twenty four to zern shutout loss today to the Baltimore Ravens. And the first thing we got to do here this half hour, mister Kozerski, is let's review today's Postman Law injury report, brought to you by Postman Law Injured called eight four to four Postman Others promise, Postman delivers and Chris Jenkins had a ankle injury.
Speaker 5: On the first play of the eighties. They made a tackle in the pocket down on him.
Speaker 4: Yes, devastating early U Sama J.
Speaker 2: P Ryan got nipped up with with an ankle. He went inside, came back out, played.
Speaker 4: Tough dude right there. Oh he robed the way he plays football.
Speaker 2: Yes, And later in the game Cody Ford had to come in fresh at ten degrees minus one win chill filling in for am Arius Man.
Speaker 5: That's the one that I'm worried about the most. He's such a valuable part of that front because I think it was playing great football.
Speaker 2: Some sort of a knee injury or a you know, lower body injury.
Speaker 4: So there's no little dude either, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: And that is your Postman Law Injury Reports brought to you by Postman Law Injured called eight four to four Postman. Others promise, Postman delivers. And we want to give a shout out to the Walter Payton Man of the Year for the Cincinnati Bengals, and that is center Ted Carris. Carris, and here's the guy could have started his own business and made a ton of money off since he had yep, but he's turned that into his.
Speaker 5: His charitable donation fundraiser and it's amazing. It's taken off like crazy. I just was at the dinner the other night. Anthony Munhos at his foundation sells one of the raffle items, and he and Ted got together and put together this deal with Ted's new offensive line and Anthony's old offensive line. So we threw in lap him in our group, and Ted threw in everybody on the offensive line. Joe showed up, Joe Burrow showed up for a little while. We had a great time. And if you can put all those big carcasses in one room with two sponsors, Anthony Munia's foundation is an amazing They do so much good work and to pair with Ted and what he does is phenomenal.
Speaker 4: I'm so happy to be part of that group.
Speaker 3: No doubt about it.
Speaker 2: And postgame sports Talk is also brought to you by M and P Logistics. From first down to final mile, MNP delivers, you can depend on it. And my good friend, really the first quarterback when I got the job is the Bengals beat writer for the Dayton Daily News full time. The quarterback was Jeff Blake. Yeah, played with Jeff, played with Jeff back. He was a Jet for two years nineteen ninety two nineteen ninety three. Bengals picked him up when he got basically waived yep by the New York Jets. Bruce Coslet knew all about him. He came into Cincinnati, played from ninety four through nineteen ninety nine. He was with the New Orleans Saints for two years, the Ravens in two thousand and two, the Cardinals in two thousand and three, the Eagles in four, and the Bears and five. He carved out a fourteen year career.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: All he did was throw a touchdown passes the Carl Pickens all day. He just came those those screen makers, they just drop right in the bucket.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then the Bengals Legends book that I wrote, I mean Lapp told me it came down the chimney. Yeah, that is through the most beautiful rainbows. If you have time, go onto YouTube just plug in Jeff Blake and deep ball thrower. Nobody threw a prettier deep ball.
Speaker 3: And I'm serious in NFL.
Speaker 5: History are there they talk all the time about the current Russell Wilson era. When the deep balls that he threw the state, that's exactly the same thing. They come right down in the bucket. It's like, that's a heck of a pass when you can throw it into a five gallon bucket from forty yards away, no doubt, no doubt.
Speaker 2: That's And then and to have Jeff Blake come back as the ruler of the Jungle. I feel so bad that the Bengals get shut out twenty four to nothing. But yeah, he was a former Raven and a former Bengal. And Neil O'Donnell took over as the quarterback after Jeff.
Speaker 5: He was kicked out of New York. You think about how much turmoil the Jets have been in. Yeah, you wonder you let go of a guy with that ability, and you wonder why they can't win, why they're so up and down and up, and they win a couple of games in the row that they lose ten.
Speaker 4: It is just the you want with a management for crimedlight? Is is that what it is?
Speaker 5: There?
Speaker 4: As well? You know, is it? The Bengals have a.
Speaker 5: Lot of questions, and people questioned Mike Brown and the organization for the way they handle their business. But what about the Jets? Yes, you know, I mean the Giants. The Giants had a winning era, but what did it take? You know, it took Hall of famers pull it off, and now they can't get out.
Speaker 4: Of their own way.
Speaker 2: That's right, Lawrence Taylor, Yeah, Bill Parcels, Yeah wow. And also Bruce, let's check on Cincinnati's defensive secondary coverage today, brought to you by coversince he dot com local health insurance experts for over twenty years. And all you can say is consistency. They'll look good for a few plays and then they'll blow a coverage.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it's the name of the game. We talked about this several times this evening. You defensively, you you run all those snaps and and you're you're looking great and then you blow a coverage. It just destroys all the work you did leading up to that. They had thirty two thirty six plays and eight of them were for more than twenty yards. Yes, and you know that's that's a losing formula right there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the touchdown pass the jay Toose Flowers and uh rashen Ali on the uh on the swing.
Speaker 4: Pass screen thirty yards untouched.
Speaker 2: So just uh. And you could tell our defensive coaches were were bombing, have no doubt on that. On that series.
Speaker 5: Oh, you can't imagine what's going on in in their meeting rooms because you know they're they're still talking about what happened today, and they'll be talking about it tomorrow and then they'll bring their players in and talk about it again, and you know it's reliving a nightmare.
Speaker 2: You're absolutely right, And that is the defensive secondary Coverage Report brought to you by Cover. Since he dot Com and Jordan Battle did pick off that that was a heads up play, a ball that bounced off the hands of Zave Flowers and then his high yes, a diving he was able to keep his hands underneath that ball and pin it against his leg so it wouldn't hit the ground.
Speaker 5: I was I was afraid after I saw it come off and get pinned against his leg that they might come up with one of those creative overalls.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he did pin it and I rolled over just to the nick of time.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right. And it did not touch the ground.
Speaker 4: Did not touch it. Fantastic.
Speaker 2: And yeah, that's cover since he dot com cover, since he has you covered with affordable health insurance plans for over twenty years now. How difficult is it, Bruce Kezerski number one to bounce back from this? It especially going from zero degrees in Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be very cold this week.
Speaker 2: Two Miami Gardens, Florida. And yeah, it sounds rosy, but man, your body has to undergo some big time change.
Speaker 5: I think the rather the warm weather than the what we had today. I think as general, especially when you get down the end of the season, you're really playing for pride and you're playing for next season, impressing the powers.
Speaker 4: That be to make those business decisions.
Speaker 5: You're gonna play hard no matter where you play, because a lot of these guys are playing.
Speaker 2: For their future and now a lot of fans are gonna be screaming.
Speaker 5: Every game they play for the future. Don't get me wrong. They're always playing for the future, but with nothing to.
Speaker 4: Gain other than a few wins at the end of the season. They're really playing for it now.
Speaker 2: There was a report that I remember years ago talking about the toughness of offensive linemen just by and I think Ball State University conducted this study. You put on a rain coat and run full speed into your garage door. Yeah, try that like sixty times.
Speaker 5: The train wrecks there. They're no, it's not a collision sport for offensive lineman. They're train wrecks. Every every play is a train wreck. I remember uh walking into the training room after a game and Chris collins Worth. They're sitting up on the training table with ice on both knees and both elbows. I said, Man, you got whack today. He said, cas I get it once maybe twice a game. You guys get it every play. I don't know how you do it. Yeah, that's one from coming from one from within the game. You know, makes a lot of sense. But pe we all pay for it, you know. Going on my next second, next surgery, had knee replacement.
Speaker 4: It's you know, it's it's it's just I wouldn't take it training for a second. But we love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I remember shaking hands with Well, with Anthony and with Anthony Munjo's and Richie Braham.
Speaker 4: And man the the releave hooks.
Speaker 2: The Yeah, the hands and the fingers man that get broken and bent and.
Speaker 5: No ligaments and the fingers the thumbs are all flexible and multiple different directions. But again it's none of us would trade it for a second. We we we get together at functions, like I said at the Anthony Munius thing the other night, the fundraiser.
Speaker 4: Uh, we just have a great time.
Speaker 5: We went to the Jim McNally Hall of Fame induction in Canton this summer. Yes, all of us showed up. We had it's like old times. We can not see each other. Bruce Rhymers come in from Iowa. Haven't seen him in years, unbelievable.
Speaker 2: And Jim McNally, the yep d Many period, he just had a birthday eighty two, eighty two.
Speaker 5: Congratulations Jimmy. He's a he's a one of a kind of fantastic coach. Revolutionary, I mean revolutionary, he taught he taught things that were way ahead of their time. That and he created a whole litany of coaches that have come down over the years that claimed to be McNally disciples.
Speaker 4: And and we love the guy. Uh.
Speaker 5: He pushed us beyond our expectations, made men out of us.
Speaker 4: Really, he truly is the guru.
Speaker 2: And I would encourage high school coaches to check out his training on it's free.
Speaker 3: You're going on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Check out the guru.
Speaker 5: He has, he's he's done I don't know, one hundred thousand clinics, and he makes videos and he sells his videos. And I don't care who you are, you can learn something from watching his videos. He sends us on our string, our tech string, videos of him every day doing ten chins.
Speaker 4: Yes, then he'll then they'll step.
Speaker 5: Down for a second, wait a minute, go back and do ten more chins. He's eighty two years old, chick. He's just he's just an incredible you incredible guy.
Speaker 4: And we we we hope the best for Jimmy.
Speaker 2: That is fantastic. Yeah, And you know and where you know, the Bengals are getting ready to go down to Miami then come home for two games. When this when the schedule came out and you.
Speaker 3: Saw the end, you know the end.
Speaker 4: I'm there.
Speaker 2: Wow, this has a real.
Speaker 4: Chance to be special.
Speaker 2: And I said ten and seven to start the year, and then when Joe went down, it was gonna be I'm there five and twelve.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, just as you know what you're facing now, as you're facing.
Speaker 5: Desperate teams in every week, you're facing teams that are in the same boat. They've all lost their season, they're out of the playoffs, they have nothing to play for.
Speaker 4: Except for their futures.
Speaker 5: Now you're going to see what these guys are made of, and on both sides of the ball.
Speaker 3: And there's going to be detractors to you know, to Joe Burrow.
Speaker 2: We hear it in some of the voices of the fans, you know, the money that he's making, the he's a he's a fashion conscious guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 2: I mean he marches to the beat of his own druma man, and he's got his own like fashion advisor.
Speaker 3: This guy mister Smith who uh yeah, you.
Speaker 5: Know that's that's that's for his that's for the people out there that love and adore him, yes, and and the guys that play with him and the guys that bradened the game.
Speaker 4: He was at dinner the.
Speaker 5: Other night with us. He has the Paris wet pants on. You know that's a hoodie. You know that's Joe. That's where he's comfortable. Yes, but he does that because he trying to lead this city back to greatness.
Speaker 4: And I got appreciate that about the man. Yeah, you know, it was.
Speaker 2: Just a few years ago with number one that you know, the Super Bowl run, the new uniforms, Jamar Chase doing the gritty.
Speaker 3: This team had a national following.
Speaker 4: Yeah it was.
Speaker 2: It was kind of the young sexy team out there, right And now, okay, now it's a struggle.
Speaker 3: So fans are upset.
Speaker 2: I agree with that, but only once team can win the Super Bowl, get geared up, finish this year strong, get some draft picks, get this defense fixed, and let's go to war next year.
Speaker 4: I would.
Speaker 5: I would look look forward so forward to next year, wait and see how frantic next year is going to be. With the Chiefs out of it already and and Buffalo not playing well, I don't think they're going to go very deep with they even if they get in. The Bengals are out of it already. You know the Cowboys are out of with all these great, great fifty sixty million quarter you wait and see how crazy the league is gonna be next year when you got upstart quarterbacks like Caleb Williams and Jordan Love and all these fantasts.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be just amazing.
Speaker 3: Get Trevor Lawrence, Trevor Lawrence, everybody stroud.
Speaker 4: There is no such thing as as a push game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and even Bryce Young Yeah. And then Washington commanders Ja Jade and Daniels then just go to be back, hopefully one hundred percent healthy. So yeah, here's the guy that went to the NFC Championship game last year. He got injured. Washington's down. So misery loves company.
Speaker 5: So many of these quarters, so many of these these franchises have their franchise quarterback. Right, there's gonna be more exciting guys coming in the league as receivers and running backs and huge offensive lineman. They're getting bigger check these linemen are getting here. When I played, we used to talk about the average of two ninety five or three hundred pounds.
Speaker 4: Wow, they're big. They're over three hundred pounds. How's a dinner with these guys? The other night and the case.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think we average about three twenty five, three thirty up and down the board.
Speaker 4: And this was kind of even the backups included or three are that big? They're massive?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and what Anthony played it, what like two ninety five.
Speaker 5: I was two eighty seven to ninety something like that. My Toya the same. Joe Walder was huge at three oh five. Brian Blados was huge at three three oh five, three ten, Bruce Bruce Ymers six seven ninety five. Those were the guys that said that they were. That's what made us big is Joe was sixty seven, Brimers was six seven.
Speaker 4: You know, all the rest of us were six five.
Speaker 2: And it wasn't wasn't it you guys that got measured on it some kind of Uh No.
Speaker 4: It wasn't me per se.
Speaker 5: But yeah, we had uh we had four guys away in at to ninety two.
Speaker 2: And was it was it a regular scale or was it some kind was it?
Speaker 5: It was a normal training camp type of scale, kind of like your bathroom scale was an oversize.
Speaker 4: But Sam didn't believe it.
Speaker 5: So he took those four guys down at the Buckley Green and feet in Wilmington and made him get on the scale. And I'm not gonna mention the names either got on the scale one at a time, and every one of them was the well over the three hundred mark.
Speaker 4: That's when all the diets started. Oh man, that is wild. But I didn't have to make that trip. That's wild. He picked out four guys.
Speaker 5: He picked out the four guys in gosh, you could tell if if if cous is eighty six.
Speaker 4: And he's ninety, there's no way that guy's ninety two. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh man, Yeah, we read about that.
Speaker 5: The grain, the Buckley Grain and feet stow up in Wilmington, Ohio. Man, that's a drive through truck scale.
Speaker 4: Just phenomenal.
Speaker 2: Hey, really appreciate you being my partner this year at different times, and really appreciated Bruce Cosly it there, Bruce, Yeah, cause yeah, that's all right. That was my first head coach when I got to beat Is that right? So yeah, Bruce, Bruce Cosley and he's getting up there too, man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they all are. We all are.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, Chick, I appreciate the opportunity to look forward to do it in the future. Please look me up. I'm more than willing to come down here and spend some time helping.
Speaker 10: UH.
Speaker 5: I love talking about the Bengals, and I love the organization. I hope they turn this thing around next year and make it successful so that everybody has nothing to talk about. And then maybe bad football makes for great radio.
Speaker 4: We'll have to come up with a new touchline.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what we want to tire.
Speaker 2: Out their greatness because we remember how awesome this place was wherever we ho.
Speaker 5: How good was your show when they were winning? They went to the Super.
Speaker 3: Bowl, the place was packed. Yeah, it was just phenomenal.
Speaker 2: So on behalf of my partner, Bruce Kazerski, our engineer awesome, Mike Mills, and back at the studio Sean McMahon and Danny Gleason. This is the Chickster Chick Ludwig saying thanks for listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealer's post game Sports Talk presented by Arnel Carriers live from Wings and Rings in Union, Kentucky on seven hundred WLW and Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen thirty. Make the holiday season. Mayor