Speaker 1: Hi, Welcome back Patrick Morning Show, Marnsie Glarnsy's here, John z Bondsi's here, Casto thousands ready to go on Saint Patrick's Day. May your underwear always be green.
Speaker 2: I wo've been a lot of money.
Speaker 3: I've never worn green underwear, even as a kid. I don't think I've ever had green underwear on in my life, not once.
Speaker 2: Really, you haven't lived. Brother Bonus is showing me his underwear right now. Kind of decide if I have I've got to have some underwear.
Speaker 4: And you're not just grabbing nothing. I've got something there. Yeah, that's a decent it's a decent chance it's green.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've got a whale tail going on.
Speaker 2: Love it. Decent chance it's green. I've got green underwear. I just don't worry.
Speaker 5: Remember when I grabbed it when I was frantically waking up twenty minutes late for the show.
Speaker 6: Yeah, not wearing them.
Speaker 2: Knew it a lot of time on that.
Speaker 7: Most guys are from the dark ages, cave men, and they like a woman to be showing her cleavage and to be wearing aiden she heels and to be wearing see through underpants. But for me, a woman looks best when she is just absolutely naked.
Speaker 8: It's inappropriate say that follow up for Corey, I would I would bet it extends beyond the color green of undies that you don't have.
Speaker 3: Take a wild guess what every color of underwear I've had in the last quarter century.
Speaker 9: Not pink, crotchless. They're edible, aren't you know?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, not bright green. I've bright orange, no highlighter, no highlighter.
Speaker 2: Color was highlight yellow.
Speaker 1: But I know they got a streak of brown in the bottom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, But what have we learned?
Speaker 3: The other day, a couple of weeks ago, we were talking about how how often people throw out their underwear, right, and industry experts say, it's something like fifty washes and they should be gone. So it's not necessarily how long you have them. Sure, it's about every fifty washes. They say, you really should move on and start over?
Speaker 2: What meaning?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 2: Why? What?
Speaker 4: Because exactly they basically said, no, it's just they it's I don't remember exactly, but it was it was bacteria related in the amount that they actually absorb or clean or whatever.
Speaker 2: So they said fifty and move on, yeah, or I'll send them to Dwight.
Speaker 3: Right, So if you have one pairs of underwear or something, and theoretically you don't have to throw them out or the author because the rotation is longer. But if you only have like three pairs of underwear, then like every half a year, you should.
Speaker 4: Be changing them out, all right. See what I'm saying. I'm not saying I'm not saying anybody follows that. I'm just saying that was the recommendation by.
Speaker 10: Something hard to keep, probably big underwear of fifty wares, because you know, you should have a good rotation.
Speaker 4: A good number of The easiest way would be to have essentially exactly seven pairs and just.
Speaker 11: Starting every year, start with a new seven.
Speaker 2: Yep, new seven on jan one. That'd be the easiest way. Yeah, there's no easy way out. There's no road back home, no shortcut home, no shoot.
Speaker 1: I wear no pair of underwear until one of us gives up.
Speaker 2: Wow, so you're winning that battle.
Speaker 11: One of us has, like both of your losing.
Speaker 2: It sounds like this is Cafe news with Chris Hockey. What are you doing. We're doing the news, brother, Yeah, listen to the hooks. Hey, when did the Saints starts sponsoring this bit again?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It's pretty soon the wind they start.
Speaker 3: That was a preview of the future sponsorship because we love the Saints.
Speaker 11: Sorry about the same time, don't they Maybe a week later.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Saints Baseball dot Com. I mean that's the goal. Now.
Speaker 5: They are going to be loaded this year. That is going to be a fun team to watch.
Speaker 2: Who's on that team? Hawk?
Speaker 1: What are they doing? Google bro Bible?
Speaker 2: Okay, what position does he play?
Speaker 1: The pitching machine?
Speaker 2: Local bro Bible?
Speaker 4: But Johnny Bones nobody, you know, nobody before the show. Nobody in the Saints is more hype than.
Speaker 2: I don't know what he does.
Speaker 11: Look like he will be ready for opening day. He had a hamstring strain.
Speaker 5: It's like hamstring strain and spring training, but they expect him to be ready for opening day of the minor league.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's one of the greatest Internet bits of all time. You laugh every time, you know, you've seen it a thousand.
Speaker 3: The first time I saw it, I bet I wiped tears away for about a minute and a half.
Speaker 4: I'm like, this is the funniest thing I've ever seen. And it also holds up the nerd talk prior talk. Got it, We're going to go in you do the magic mystic spell. I'll do this a block shield, Okay, everybody, I got six manna and then do this.
Speaker 2: It's so good. No idea what we're talking about right now. It's got to be twenty years old. I bet it's twenty years old.
Speaker 3: But it was when like World of Warcraft and those games were huge, and people started, you know, dreaming and recording their own shows. I don't know if they were streaming. I don't think twitch was a thing, but they would record their own like campaigns, and it was like a group of I don't know, ten or twelve online nerds outside of this cave and they were all talking over you know, headsets, going like like Sauce said, Okay, I'm gonna go in first.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna cast man and uh yeah, so could you run on a block? Could you run a number?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: What percent chance do we have? Only thirty seven percent? Chances are? Okay, So they're doing this, they're doing this plan.
Speaker 3: And they're all standing around in a circle and they're talking strategy and I'm going to use this weapon and I'm going to cast this spell and then out of nowhere, one of the twelve just.
Speaker 12: Goes, all right, let's do this, and he runs in Roy Jenkins yells his own name. He runs into this cave and all hell breaks loose and they get slaughtered.
Speaker 2: And they're yelling at him.
Speaker 12: They're like, god, damn it, Leroy.
Speaker 2: The whole thing falls apart.
Speaker 3: They're all dead, and they're all yelling at him as they're lying they're dead, and then.
Speaker 2: Like, why would you do that? And he just goes it was just.
Speaker 3: Trolling his own group. It's like, we probably didn't do it justice, but god dang. The first time I saw it, cried laughing for ninety seconds because the whole time they're getting their ass kicked, I was wiping away tears.
Speaker 4: You can't over or underestimate the nerd talk prior to it, but there's something about.
Speaker 2: Like there was like a bridge into the cave. So the fact that just runs he yells, all right.
Speaker 12: Let's do this, and he yells his own name, and there's there's one guy that runs.
Speaker 2: Across the bridge. It's so good that it's an internet legend.
Speaker 6: Man yelling your own name is legends.
Speaker 3: And I don't know if we ever found out if that was even his real name, right, that might have just been like a character or a bit. Who knows, because otherwise you would have thought at some point the real Lero Jenkins would have been interviewed.
Speaker 4: Well, I think he I think he would go to like these gaming bits and just he would get paid just to yell.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine? Yeah?
Speaker 4: What here he is on stage? That his actual name or like an alias. That's uh, the guy's name is Ben Shaals Ben.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, let's do this. That's so good.
Speaker 3: They're not even close to done with the plan.
Speaker 2: They're still talking about it, and he's so bored. He just meets Saucy. It became such a big thing.
Speaker 4: He's literally a character in the game now too, like the Jenkins as his own separate character in the game and play that game.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, sure, man.
Speaker 2: It was just iconic. It's so good. It's twenty years ago, twenty one.
Speaker 3: God, and time flies when you're having fun anyway.
Speaker 1: Schools in District one ninety six closed Tuesday due to multiple threats. The district includes dozens of schools and programs across Rosemont, Apple Valley, and Egan. According to the district website, school Administrative Society closed all the schools Tuesday. Quote out of abundance of caution. Multiple schools received threats and law enforcements, law enforcement sorry, is actively investigating. So that sucks.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 6: Is that today right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, oh gosh yeah. Breaking news on careleven.
Speaker 10: So my kids did not have school yesterday and that was across the district because the phones were out and it was related to the storm, but it was a district wide phone outage leading to all communication. They couldn't get any communication.
Speaker 6: In or out of the school.
Speaker 10: And we got a call already on Monday by five pm that there would be no school on Monday district wide because the storm had knocked out the phone communication.
Speaker 3: That seems a little ironic that you received a phone call to say that the phones are out and that's why there's no story.
Speaker 10: Although when I answered the phone and it was automated, it took thirty seconds of this is this and then the district right, So there was some sort of issue before the message actually came through.
Speaker 2: That's next. Having a snow days one thing.
Speaker 3: Having a phone day, we can't have a school because the phones are out.
Speaker 4: How a phone day and it costs his family nine dollars. There was a phone night he was like, all right, let's do this is Jackings all right, So the phones are back up and running now.
Speaker 1: Man, hundreds the flights canceled and delayed as storms and staffing disrupt air travel across America. Abigail's trying to get home from Florida right now.
Speaker 2: Oh, yesterday, she.
Speaker 1: Was supposed to leave at five. She is currently about to board in Orlando as we speak.
Speaker 2: So what was the recap at daytona best time ever? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Orlando? Yeah, yeah, she had. I haven't gotten a full recap yet, but yeah, from what I was hearing, she had a great time.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Spring break type yep, spring break.
Speaker 1: Yep her first mind yep.
Speaker 2: Good for her yep.
Speaker 1: So kids trying to get home to go back to school all over America right now. More than seven and fifty flights scheduled to fly into and out of the US were called off completely. As of early Tuesday, about thirteen hundred delayed.
Speaker 10: I just can't imagine the trickle down effect and the jigsaw puzzle it takes to get everyone back to where they're supposed to be, because it also includes the flights that are scheduled just normally for the people who need to fly today and tomorrow and yesterday and man, and that must be an absolute mess. And you've got to be dealing with some angry people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, idiots, Hey, hey marts.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What does kel Sauce and the state of Minnesota have in coming have in common?
Speaker 10: Both are awesome, yeah, and a good time.
Speaker 1: Those things are true, But that's not my joke.
Speaker 2: What the joke is.
Speaker 1: Both are expecting one to three inches today.
Speaker 2: You're not wrong if you guys had to bet and be right.
Speaker 3: Do you believe this will be the last snow we see in twenty twenty six, at least the spring of twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: No, let's gamble on it.
Speaker 1: You have a problem.
Speaker 4: The way his eyes lit up, you think we'll still catch some random April?
Speaker 2: Sure? Well, is it true that on Saturday?
Speaker 4: On my phone it's supposed to be sixty eight almost seventy rees on saturda insane in the membrane?
Speaker 2: That would be awesome? Brain? I will say no, but I could also say yes.
Speaker 6: Like flurries or an inch?
Speaker 2: Could you see it?
Speaker 4: Snow?
Speaker 2: It's gotta be an inch? Are you guys gambled or not?
Speaker 6: Could you see it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I mean I've talked to a lot of meteorologies over the years. They don't report.
Speaker 1: Nobody forecasts in this town.
Speaker 2: I might not be in a lot of storms, but I will be on top of a lot of storms. We're doing? What are we doing? What is the coal here? You watched SNL when you were in Saint Louis. It was fantastic. They just hit home runs. Yeah, really great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there's a there's one skin.
Speaker 2: I know you're gonna yeah, can't wait? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: We do a lot of bangers on Saturday. And again, Harry Styles is a fantastic host. He cares, he tries.
Speaker 2: That helps. That helps a lot.
Speaker 1: What are we doing?
Speaker 2: They speaking of SNL at some point we got to talk.
Speaker 3: About the British version. Do you see that they announced the first three hosts and musical acts did not, So you have not seen who the initial the No, George Carlin hosted the first ever SNL in the US.
Speaker 2: Who has not heard who's hosting first? I did not even know they're starting it. Yeah, starting the British and Indian. He said something, but nobody was listening to. All right, don't look it up during the break. I want you to guess.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, whoever wants to guess, don't look it up during the break and then we'll tell you after this.
Speaker 2: Also do sports as well. Power Trim Morney too on the fan.
Speaker 1: Here you welcome back by here we are by Marnsie's back.
Speaker 2: Hey, Hey, la Fons.
Speaker 1: Is here, Lafons here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, smoke show. What a great character.
Speaker 10: My girlfriend, she was so into what's son Napoleon's brother's name.
Speaker 1: It's the best love story in history.
Speaker 3: She loved him for him, he was not because he world of Warcraft.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's chatting with babes all all day.
Speaker 1: I love you. It's the best love story in the history of since.
Speaker 2: Truly underrated.
Speaker 6: We don't talk about them enough as being a great couple.
Speaker 4: Cheers, all right, Mars, you had the entire commercial break to think of this.
Speaker 2: Oh shoot.
Speaker 4: The UK edition of Saturday Night Live starts this week. Yeah yeah, and they have announced the first three hosts in the first three musical guests. What's it Kurt Bills?
Speaker 2: He is none of the six ants married? Nope, that's not bad though not a bad guess.
Speaker 6: Rose McGowan.
Speaker 2: Interesting guess.
Speaker 6: No, she's britt right, she's funny.
Speaker 3: Rose Burn Yeah, no, he's got another one from Charmed that used to be with Marilyn Manson.
Speaker 2: Big voice guy, you have any guesses, Berrero, that'd be a great day. You are correct.
Speaker 3: This is a female but not British chat abbot. No, the first.
Speaker 10: Ever s n L Britain host is not British. That is correct.
Speaker 2: You can do this?
Speaker 10: Is it Tina Fey, It is Tina Fe, gonna go down the line, Tina f Chris.
Speaker 2: Tina Fa with musical guest wet Leg oh, leg goes hard and then that can't be good. Leg is great. No, it's a it's a band never heard, never heard?
Speaker 4: Do you have any in the system? They got to call a song called your Mom? Will you play it if you have it in the system?
Speaker 2: Sure? Uh? And then Jamie Dornan will host, not me, I know, I look like all the time. It's really old. Uh. And then Wolf Alice is the musical guest.
Speaker 3: And then riz Ahmed you remember him from what was that show on HBO called like the Night Of or what was it called?
Speaker 2: I think it was called The Night Of Mini series. It was awesome.
Speaker 4: That was my first exposure to Riza that he was fantastic and some band named Cassibian the Beezer a b i Ah John King anyway first, which makes sense because the big theory is, of course that when Laura Michaels is done with us now that she's going to be producer.
Speaker 3: So if she is going to have her hand in both, why not just kick off the British version if she's gonna eventually run it.
Speaker 2: If she does, that is nice.
Speaker 1: Looking forward to seeing the Lord Michael's documentaries coming.
Speaker 2: Out, Yeah, that'll be good. Yeah?
Speaker 6: Is that soon?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I just saw the trailer today, so I don't know. Win pretty quickly though, like a Netflix bit might be Apple TV and let me look.
Speaker 2: By the way while you're looking at that.
Speaker 3: According to the BBC, the format will be almost identical seventy five minutes intead of ninety but still otherwise a monologue, sketches, live music and a weekend update. It ain't pro so similar format if not identical format just and then obviously they announced their inaugural cast and it's about fifteen people that I've never heard of, but that's the idea, right, they're hopefully future stars, not sure but probably who are some of them?
Speaker 9: Hawk mister Big from the City nod from brass.
Speaker 2: Or bonus. That's not us, mister of us.
Speaker 10: Do you think could Americans audition? I mean maybe they could audition, but could they be chosen? Like if you did not make the SNL cast in New York City as an American, could you go over an audition for the British show?
Speaker 6: And would that create some there controversy?
Speaker 2: All of us are SNL fans.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to has there ever been a British SNL cast member? I don't Canadians for sure, lots of Shardians not sure. I'm trying to think of any Brits. I don't think we blanket on one. Who are we forgetting Chris Farley? No, he's from Wisconsin or something. Chris Rock No, I don't think he was from England.
Speaker 1: Tom Delwise, Hey, Marty in theaters only April seventeenth, the week from today, called Lorne Clever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, okay, I'll see it, Okay, I'll see it. Okay, the we can update anchors. Name is Patty Young cool?
Speaker 10: Is that a female Patty or p a d d y and it is a dude?
Speaker 2: Oh d E W D dude, whatever kind.
Speaker 3: Of dude you want them to be Will you guys watch or not? I mean, maybe not immediately, but well you eventually if I get the humor same social media, because that's that's why they say that, right like Till Fred Andy and stuff that sometimes you don't they don't get the American humor because it's news related or maybe they didn't cut I wonder if I wonder if we'll think their version is funny. I'll probably check it out. I don't know where I'm gonna watch it. Where is it available America?
Speaker 2: Probably two b better'll be on YouTube.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, did you get Peacock would release the We'll release the episodes of the series in the US one day after it airs.
Speaker 2: Maybe on Sunday, feathers everywhere. Well that was funny. Thank you?
Speaker 6: Did you Saus?
Speaker 10: Did you watch the The New Casey.
Speaker 1: In the Sunshine Band Jones?
Speaker 6: No, The New Casey Yellowstone.
Speaker 10: So it was on at the Casino and Waterloo, and I couldn't hear it, but it was that I could see the visual and the to the two members of the tribe were with him, and so I recognized those characters.
Speaker 2: And the guy, the guy that has to be terrible. What are you talking about slut Zach. Did you watch it? I also watched it with the sound and it was very good.
Speaker 1: Is it called six six sixty six? Is that not right?
Speaker 2: The mark the Beast four sixes?
Speaker 14: No, it's called the Cattle. Uh, It's called like Sheriff's Step Marshals. Yeah, Marshalls, like the store. They go shopping at the store. Casey loves a good deal. Well he's kicking ass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but there's just stuff scattered everywhere.
Speaker 2: He doesn't know where to begin.
Speaker 1: Well, you know you ever been to Marshalls, right, I mean there's just stuff scattered.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kids, you gotta dig. But if you can find it, that's right, man, hell of a de gold.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I would be curious.
Speaker 10: I would probably watch an episode just to see if it went on the same path as where Yellowstone ended up.
Speaker 1: Just like just whooping people's asses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, correct, watch it and Rip got a spin off, rip Lay that lady Beth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's a spinner.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, well she is. Chris, that was funny.
Speaker 1: It's always a real somebody says it, guys, Charles.
Speaker 2: That was funny. British.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't get my humor, hum British. Yeah, Paul you ready for sports, Yes, sir, great.
Speaker 2: Hold on.
Speaker 4: The Wolves have lost four five, they will host the Suns tonight, and they will be without Aunt who's out.
Speaker 2: With knee soreness.
Speaker 4: But your Wolves are still a three and a half point favorite.
Speaker 2: I would think.
Speaker 10: That has something to do with the fact that Phoenix played last night in Boston. I agree, I would assume yes, and lost by eight, so having to travel from Boston.
Speaker 6: But you know, Phoenix is a good team and has.
Speaker 10: A lot to play for because they are right beneath us in the standings. We are officially two games clear of Phoenix right now and they are in the seventh spot.
Speaker 6: We are in the sixth, and so this is a big game.
Speaker 10: But Phoenix already owns the tiebreaker because we only play the Suns three times this season.
Speaker 6: We've already lost the first two.
Speaker 10: So we cannot get the tiebreaker against the Sun, so we have to finish ahead of them. So this is an important game tonight for a lot of reasons, and the most important is this Wolves team needs to get right and will not play tonight, and they're just it's just been it's out of sorts, out of sinc it's just.
Speaker 6: Something is out of whack.
Speaker 2: And you out to touch. Also that.
Speaker 10: It's a long season and teams go through these dips and highs and lows, and right now this is the low point for the Wolves and they can come up. It feels like it's it feels like doom and gloom. And I read Sauce's twitter at some point, I'm sure you tweeted the Wolves are terrible.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 3: I believe the exact tweet was the Wolves suck. That was correct, it was the entire tweet.
Speaker 10: Right before this stretch they won five in a row.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't pay attuch to stuff like that.
Speaker 10: And we right before this stretch, it was like, this is the Wolves team we've been waiting for. Okay, we're in this breathm we put it together and so it just it just feels like the bottom fell out.
Speaker 6: And now if we can find the bottom again.
Speaker 3: Updated spread now five and a half point favorites on drafting So without and five and a half point favorites, Wow over unders two twenty and a half.
Speaker 1: Can't touch the bottom.
Speaker 10: Well, let's see if being at home and playing Phoenix, Utah Portland, that's sounds like a stretch where maybe you can get your stuff together.
Speaker 11: It feels like you beat Phoenix and you somehow find a way to lose to Utah.
Speaker 4: Correct, all right, John, Yeah, well.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Phoenix grow in the bathroom.
Speaker 2: We don't need that here, Max with your thoughts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like Marty said, I mean, there were only a little bit above the Phoenix. This is an important game for for the standings, and you just don't want to be in that involved in that play and whatsoever. Not just because of the play and nonsense. I have faith that the Wolves would get out of it. It's the problem. The problem is if you get out of it, then you got to play San Antonio and or you know, Oklahoma City, the Oklahoma City Thunder, So that would that would be a nightmare. But it's like it's it's been pretty obvious for everybody to see this team is not They're they're out of sync right now. They're not on the same page. They've been very up and down throughout the season. They go on these stretches where they look like the Timberwolves that we know and love that could make it to the conference finals and further, and then there's other times where they.
Speaker 2: Look like they're playing.
Speaker 4: It's gonna it's gonna be hard without Anthony, but it might actually be one of those things that's a silver lining because the ball movement has just been really just futured on this team lately. It feels like, and it's not Anthony Edwards' fault, I'm not saying that at all, but it just feels like sometimes when ant is out there on the floor, the other four guys are kind of watching Anthony Edwards like the rest of us are. So maybe they can get some ball movement going without Anthony Edwards, and then once he gets reinserted back into the lineup, they can kind of have their flow again because right now, offensively, they pretty much have no flow, and they have no defensive identity right now, like they're fifteenth, sixteenth in the NBA. This is a top five defense over the last handful of you. That's kind of been this team's calling card, that's been Chris Finch's calling card as a coach. So they got to they got to rediscover their defensive identity and get some get some flow going, some ball movement going back in the offense again. But it's gonna be tough without Anthony Edwards, but you pretty much have to have this game well, said the wild Are when listen their last four or five. They will battle the black Hawks tonight in Chicago at thirty.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Just it's a very weird spot for the While they have a twelve point lead in the standings, right now, they do not have They've got such a gap and at this point it's just about kind of getting their game back, finding their game. It's been it was a rough weekend results wise, but they played well and it's a great opportunity here with the home and home against Chicago to get some points and maybe mount a battle with the Stars, who also lost recently. The Avs also lost a couple as well, so there's still a chance they could move up in the standings. But right now, I think the most important part is just finding their game, getting it all tuned up and ready to go for the playoffs. Nick Felino returns to Chicago tonight to see his old buddies and pals down there, so it'll be cool to see them, and yeah, Green River Joe' Donald Tom Reid tonight six forty five or sorry six to fifteen, pre game six thirty puck drop on the fan.
Speaker 2: Green River Killer be there. Who's that.
Speaker 4: I think they killed him, Gary Ridgewell. I think he's dead. I think he was executed.
Speaker 2: That would be great killing. That's the rule. That's no, he's still with us. He's still alive. Yep. How old is he?
Speaker 4: He is seventy seven? Is your college eligibility or not? I would guess. I think he was too busy killing and somebody stay in college.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Gopher's only run like five or six deep. We could use some help for that Vegas tournament.
Speaker 4: He's serving forty nine life sentences without parole.
Speaker 3: Okay, hang on, how many is it finished? Shit, let's hear it out. I think I don't think he's your one yet. Bike's news in a second. More with Marty and Bonus after this on the.
Speaker 13: Van, catch every tournament upset and every highlight with KFA in it Hop house Joy, justin Guard, meet Sauce and Parker for Bracket Bash watch parties this Thursday, tipping off at eleven am, two pm and five pm. Catch college hoops and the big screens and prizes flowing all day, including sixty five inch TVs. You get all the details of campaign dot com cured calendar.
Speaker 2: It's time for vikings. Us on the Power Trip presented by Thank You Wow.
Speaker 1: So here's what's going on. We got a new quarterback, Marty you don't care?
Speaker 2: I do care?
Speaker 1: Seems like you do. You have mentioned it all today.
Speaker 6: Kyle Murray.
Speaker 2: Wait played genius. I mean we talked about him last week.
Speaker 10: I gave you my scouting report, head notes, charts, graph et cetera.
Speaker 6: Notes.
Speaker 1: In Minneapolis, Burger made such an impression on quarterback Kyler Murray that he made sure to stop for one when he flew into town to sign with the Vikings.
Speaker 4: It's got to be a juicy lucy of some kind or not. It was not, huh.
Speaker 1: He took his agent to Parlor Bar, Minneapolis's North Loop, where he wanted another taste of its famous Yes, it's very good, don't I've not had it? Is it something special about it?
Speaker 4: To that?
Speaker 2: It's incredible, really well done burger.
Speaker 5: That's really well done cheeseburger that's it's perfectly cooked.
Speaker 2: Only that I like.
Speaker 1: Here's what it says. It's a mountain and mouth combo of a ground chuck, rabbi and brisket. Yeah, standing with white American cheese on an egg bun.
Speaker 2: Their bun is there's something.
Speaker 10: More buttery, either about the burger or the bun, or maybe both.
Speaker 2: You're thinking of culvers. They brought him in here one time. Yeah, yeah, we had a bunch for like some type of event or something.
Speaker 13: Yeah, they have a food truck. It was Hawk's birth. Food truck showed up and.
Speaker 1: I would like to have some right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's when you pay for him, harler Berger.
Speaker 5: I will throw out another burger downtown. You're um Geese, which is a new place.
Speaker 11: Downtown has a pretty good burger smre geese, smartish more.
Speaker 2: Somebody look at the menu.
Speaker 5: They also they also have they also location right next to Grand Casino Arena. Now is that what it's called? Yeah, check, yeah right, But they've opened one downtown as well, and they're the burger is real solid and it's not crazy expensive. It's good, good stop before twins game.
Speaker 4: I think if if you make something like thirty six million dollars a year, then you get cut, and then the team that signs you, he's going to pay a million of that, right, I think you probably.
Speaker 2: Should take your aging out for a burger.
Speaker 3: Because as not doing much right, buy him a meal for God's sake.
Speaker 11: According to Uh, he's doing more than if you wouldn't have gotten cut.
Speaker 2: True, well playing sure he deserves a burger. He answered the call from Rob Razinski.
Speaker 1: According to SI dot Com, Kevin O'Connell told Kyler Murray that he was viewed or that he viewed him as the only quote non band aid option available at quarterback.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not good news for McCarthy.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know if it has at the field everybody else that could have been signed.
Speaker 3: Would't you guys agree though, even if you're even if you're excited about Kyler, Kyler is also a band aid option.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: He's too young to be he considered a band aid, don't you.
Speaker 13: I think if he signed for more than one year and there was no uh the whole franchise tag was an option, maybe, but I mean I just feels so temporary.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I mean band aid in terms of, like we got to stop the bleeding because right now our situation sucks and it's not like he's a franchise guy.
Speaker 2: Right he's trying to prove that he is.
Speaker 4: He's because he hasn't been, so he's he thinks he's betting on himself.
Speaker 3: Saying I am a franchise guy. But if you're not, if you're in the middle, by definition, then aren't you a band aid? I guess we're just now we're just debating what a band aid quarterback is. We just see it differently. But again, that's why I keep saying the range of his season is so gigantic.
Speaker 4: It could be awesome or awful and or somewhere in the middle. It's a wide range. I would think it's just halfway awesome. Like if we get to like November and he I don't know what the like, let's say he's six and two. I think they will start discussing paying him for a future contract because they don't want to get into the Sam Darnold Daniel Jones situation.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 4: They will pay him as soon as they think he is good enough to be their guy going to.
Speaker 3: Assuming he wants to not hit the free agent market next year, because when he doesn't want the tag in his contract, that means he really really wants to hit free agency.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Right, So if the Vikings are willing to back up the Brings truck halfway through the year, I don't know if he would.
Speaker 2: Even say yes, because he's betting on.
Speaker 4: Himself right now, right, Yeah, So if you're halfway through the year and you're killing it, the only thing that you're betting against in his injury. Yeah, Otherwise you would say, why wouldn't I just wait seven more games and make everybody fight over me? Even if I want to stay with the Vices, you just don't run up the leverage.
Speaker 2: Who knows. Again, that's best case scenario, you know.
Speaker 1: To be fair, every one of us wants to think that, well, he's going to have some loyalty to us because we gave him a chance. But that's not reality.
Speaker 4: Yeah, correct, Nope, you go for the dollars, but you got a really good wide receiver.
Speaker 2: You're pestro that'll, isn't it.
Speaker 4: At every option you'd go to a lot of reasons to stay here if it works. But ultimately, if we're going to pay him thirty and somebody else wants to pay him forty three or something.
Speaker 2: Then that's a no brainer. You go somewhere else. Yeah, you signed one more giant deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's get there when we get through though, because again he might be two and six and then then, like we said, then you have to throw the kid back in. Yes, because then that means this is the only year of Kyler. If he's two and six and he's playing terribly.
Speaker 2: So is it assumed he's the starting quarterback?
Speaker 4: Now they haven't said it, but everybody with your brain knows that it makes no sense to bring him here for one year and not playing.
Speaker 2: What about the Scarecrow?
Speaker 4: We found out at the end of the Scarecrow always had a brain, he did, he just didn't use it. And his dad boughttom a bunch of lunches.
Speaker 2: You call me the scarecrow. Which are the three characters that she meets to relate to the most? Probably the cowardly lion? Why is that? Because he's afraid of everything. He's scared all the time.
Speaker 1: What are you afraid of?
Speaker 2: Baby? What are you afraid of? You guys? Why? Because you guys are the trees that throw apples at me?
Speaker 11: You could be flying monkeys?
Speaker 1: Can I tell you some right now? I've never noticed before. It looks straight at the camera. You have very dick, dastardly eyebrows.
Speaker 2: What does that mean? They're very straight? They're straight, they're not curved.
Speaker 1: You look like a bad guy in a cartoon.
Speaker 2: Did you get those tattooed on? Are those real? Are those naturals?
Speaker 1: Big naturals?
Speaker 2: Who's Dick?
Speaker 10: You don't know who that is.
Speaker 1: He's a bad guy in cartoon?
Speaker 2: Was he one of the wacky racer guys?
Speaker 1: Yeah, something like that, I am.
Speaker 2: Will you answer the question about your big naturals those tattooed on? Yes? Or no?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I what? No?
Speaker 4: They are not they are all They's all you. They are big natural.
Speaker 1: Something about the color of the camera on you right now makes your eyebrows look like like Charlie Chaplin, like like Groucho Marx. Your mustache too, but especially these damn eyebrows. You look like a bad guy right now. I don't trust the damn think coming out of your mouth.
Speaker 2: Look at the camera please for once. It looks like it's like the wings of an eagle. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Does he not look like Dick dastardly?
Speaker 2: Who's Dick?
Speaker 1: Look at comp slash? Watch do that again for me? Look at him?
Speaker 2: Hold on, I'm gonna go to it. It might take a bit.
Speaker 1: You are Dick dastardly?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Zach, Let's do a side by side. Google a picture of sauce, then google a picture of Dick.
Speaker 2: I don't think he has to google it. Put it side by side. Let's see. Uh, let's see how similar these faces are. I'm trying to do. Uh, there you go. For some reason, the best I can do right now.
Speaker 4: But that's okay, so accurate representation of his head.
Speaker 3: Sauce used dastardly in a sentence, and and the sentence can't be That guy's last name is dastard.
Speaker 2: That would have been good.
Speaker 1: They don't know who his parents are.
Speaker 4: What a uh use what word dastardly? That storm was a dastardly disaster that works, Thank you, disasterdly. That guy over there is a dastardly. That's a network. Oh it's his last name.
Speaker 6: It is the shape of the eyebrows.
Speaker 3: You do.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. Are you looking right now?
Speaker 11: Look at that.
Speaker 2: Dot com slash? My god, look at that. Look at the two of them together all right? Hang on here, say are you doing that on purpose?
Speaker 1: Can you see this?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I can see smile like you just did.
Speaker 11: My god.
Speaker 2: Oh man, guy has a wiener for a nose, better teeth. Thought, pretty good.
Speaker 4: We gotta how do we how do we pay you to grow a mustache like that.
Speaker 1: How do we pay you to go away?
Speaker 2: Why do you want me to go away? Maxwell would miss me? I miss you, so I miss even when we just walk out of the studio. Thank you man.
Speaker 10: Check out Gargamel from the Smurfs eyebrows, gart.
Speaker 1: It and maybe gargle some milkwash.
Speaker 2: Who do you think you look more like? Dick Dastardly or Gargamel Dick dastardly.
Speaker 1: Dastardly? Bears bears mm hmm, all right, there you go. That's Vikings. There's nothing bones bonds is gonna be worth a damn.
Speaker 2: Christ that we were watching.
Speaker 11: I'm excited about the young starters that we've got, which you better be because the older guys all seem to be a little banged up and hurt and uh, you know, we'll have to see if the post hype prospects that we've been waiting to take another step forward, like Wallner and Lewis and brooks Lee and Trevor Larnak can take the next step forward.
Speaker 5: If they do, then I think this is a you know, competitive team by the trade deadline. If not, then things could get ugly in a hurry at the trade deadline.
Speaker 15: So I just listened to a podcast about this. Well, yeah, I bet you did gleaving and the geek I paid for it. Really, that's very kind. We are always flattered that anybody would pay to listen to us.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's I don't pay. It's gonna be there's gonna be a lot of new stuff going on. This is Although we know all of the names that are in leadership positions right now, this is a whole new leadership team on this organization. Tom Pollett is not Jim pole Ed or Joe pole d and or Jim Polett. Derek Sheldon is not Rock Gobaldellie Jeremy's old is not Derek Falley, and they come from that lineage. But we're going to find out how much of the where the differences are in terms of how they build a roster and how they run a game, and how they interact with players and what they put up with and what their level of energy is around the team. And I think there's a higher level of energy around around the team than there's been for a while.
Speaker 3: The entire time you were talking on Cafe dot Com slash Watch, Zach continues to put side by side that Dick dastardly next to Sauce's face.
Speaker 2: That's great, So I didn't hear a word you that's all good. Goure baseball season starts on a weekend. Ad you pay at go go.
Speaker 1: Back to him again, smile again, like like dick here, look at him. I nailed that one.
Speaker 2: They trying to make that same face Sauce.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a little angry here, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Dude, kind of you gotta grit your teeth. And he's not totally smiling. He's like angry smiling. He's like, yeah, that's it. Oh my god, do that again.
Speaker 2: Please? That's good.
Speaker 4: Separated at birth uncanny, You guys are separated at birth and Jeff picked the wrong one.
Speaker 2: Lawyer lamb would brother have din? That's what did I do?
Speaker 11: Hooray my computer, I can tell you Zach using the tools.
Speaker 2: Uh, really good. He's a pro. There you go? Is ab here today?
Speaker 1: No, he's on vacation.
Speaker 2: Where is he, my guys drop? Maybe with his kind at a meeting preserve, but no to come home. I found one with old mister dastardly wearing purple there. Oh hold on, you are buff? Oh that's good? Yeah man, And he has a hunchback like I do.
Speaker 1: But look how slim your waist is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, Fred Page Sports not what does we know that? What is it called again?
Speaker 3: Fan five, Fan five and a second, A headlines later, This is the power Jim Morning Joe on the Van