Speaker 1: Xs dot com so AXS dot com for the iHeartRadio Music Festival. Sorry Mojo in the Morning show. I teased this the other day and I wanted to do this as a topic. I want to talk about what I have been written up for in my career here at this radio program. I've actually gotten in trouble twice to the point that they wrote me up. And I always believe when they write you up, that's their preparation to have something in your file that they could fire you for me right, And there was two times that I was written up. But I want listeners to share with us what's the most BS write up that you got and what you know?
Speaker 2: What did you you know do when they wrote you up?
Speaker 1: Because when I got written up twice, I fought both of them, like I did because.
Speaker 3: You have to or what I actually didn't know you could fight them.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: I fought it basically by saying you are crazy and you will pay for this lately lately.
Speaker 4: So the times you got written up, are you gonna tell us like the worst situation? Are you gonna give us both?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give you both of them, Okay, okay, because one of them is legit. The other one is not legit. The first time that I was written up, I was written up because and I deserved it, I said, bull spit on the radio.
Speaker 2: I said, actually, and.
Speaker 3: Youtually remember that, Actually it was for a great reason.
Speaker 2: Explain it.
Speaker 3: But it had to do with the Oxford High School shooting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, during the remember it was during the Oxford High School shooting. We were talking about guns and we were talking about, you know, protecting kids, and I are very emotional and I was really really emotional and I and I said it and I didn't dump it, and uh and Tony wrote me up and it's a legit. You cannot swear on the radio. I swore on the radio. If somebody would have complained to the SEC, I would have gotten a big fine for the company. Totally understand that. But I still say that it's BS. But that's okay because my my off when I finally quit and leave, is going to be f off everybody.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do one and I'm gonna leave it, and that's the worst thing to do. I'm be gone right.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you is when you say it bullsby, like consciously you said, I'm not gonna dump this.
Speaker 2: I said, it, and I was really emotional.
Speaker 1: Everybody kind of looked and I'm like, I'm not gonna I think I don't want to cut the cut the momentum of what we were talking about. So that was number one. It was legitimate. The second time was total bs. I mean honestly, it was crazy. I got written up and I will never forget this by Dom Theodore, uh post office box, and I love Dom. Dom's actually uh a friend, a friend mentor you know of mine.
Speaker 2: He's still a law.
Speaker 1: He is still alive, alive and well and doing great. Dom Theodore wrote me up and it was in my my file for playing the song Evan essence, bring me to life.
Speaker 2: What do you do? You can't play a song?
Speaker 1: I played it. It was not scheduled or on the log. We weren't even playing it as a radio station. And here's the craziest part. The song was number one song in the country and I played it and Dom had said, I told you not to play the song. Because he had I said, to't mynn go down. We should be playing the song. It's a number one song in the country. He's like, it doesn't fit the fabric, the musical fabric of the radio station. Yeah, and so I mean, the guy's a genius. The guy literally, you know, he's the he invented Channel nine five five. So with that said, I'm gonna play that song in Dom's Chevy. I'm gonna play it when we're together next time. No, but those are the two times. And the wireless part is when you get written up in Lydia and Bianca, you guys were the most recent on the show to ever get written up.
Speaker 2: Right, yep, I am can y'll talk about it? Did they make you did they make you sign something?
Speaker 5: Yeah? They maybe signed something Both times.
Speaker 1: When I was signing, I signed it bring me to Life on a whole Programmer, but I did it in such cursive that it didn't look like that. Yeah, So can I.
Speaker 6: Say something though? When we get written up, it doesn't look like we're getting written up. Tony just says like, can we just acknowledge? Can you just fill this out to acknowledge that you know what you did was wrong? And then I realized later this is the right up to sign the write up. And then she's like, oh, yeah, I don't think Tony was writing me up. And I said, let me see it, and she showed me, and I said, oh, Tony definitely wrote up here. It was the write up, but he just like, this is just like an acknowledgment to know what you did.
Speaker 2: With what was it for? Doesn't Yeah, you can say it. I get it.
Speaker 1: Well, no, you don't have to say that exact thing, but you posted something that and.
Speaker 6: I learned my lesson the hard way. Now I'm like always terrified of postings on social media.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm scarred for life. You talk to the direct yeah, oh my gosh.
Speaker 6: And the conversation is what Tony is like having, like about to get a beat up by your parents, to get a beat up.
Speaker 1: The one thing though about you, Bianca that I noticed, and because I was like, Beyonce, it's okay, don't worry, Everything's gonna be okay whatever. But Beyonca that takes things very personally because this job means a lot to her.
Speaker 2: With Lydia, Lydia, I.
Speaker 5: Bowled my eyes out both times when I got written up.
Speaker 2: Wait, you got written up twice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Cody wrote me up once and then Tony wrote me up.
Speaker 2: What was the promotion right of.
Speaker 7: The promotions assistant who was sending out the address for a planet fitness event.
Speaker 5: Sent out the wrong location.
Speaker 7: So I drove there and then Cody called and was like, why are you not at this event? And I said, oh, I am here, and She's like, no, you're at the wrong location. So she felt like Planet would be mad at me because I was ten minutes late from the wrong address.
Speaker 2: So she wrote me up, that's crazy. What about this? Yeah? What about the promo person that gave the wrong address?
Speaker 5: No, nothing for them?
Speaker 2: And you had proof of that?
Speaker 5: What that I had the wrong address?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I called and everything. But Alicia was very upset with me.
Speaker 2: Too, So what is the What was the other The other one was for what I did?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: It was a swear word. Yeah, it was for the camera, which I camera.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I didn't have consent to have somebody on the air, which is a big no no, like we discussed this morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's crazy here though, where did you get right now? Let them get the go ahead, ladies.
Speaker 5: That is annoying.
Speaker 6: Kevin probably does the most worst stuff here and he gets no right off, nothing all between the lines.
Speaker 4: So I ain't gonna say where I was at, but I used to. I used to work at Quick and Laws.
Speaker 2: I won't say where I work. It was quick.
Speaker 4: So I'm in there right, and I worked with a bunch of ladies on this team called the Cheese Factory. I'm saying it all okay, I was on the cheese Factory. He used to do ideas and stuff. So I'm sitting there, I'm at my desk. All the girls. That's Friday.
Speaker 2: All the girls. When I say it was like four or five of them on the.
Speaker 4: Team behind me, they cackling and I don't remember the girl name, but she talked about how she was about to go on a date. It was a blind day. I'm not really blind thing. She met him on one of these platforms and they talking, Oh my god, doing all the girls stuff. They're saying all the things, and I turned Around'm like, hey, just make sure you get SMD tonight, and.
Speaker 2: They they kind of start laughing. So I'm good man. About a week later, shout.
Speaker 4: Out no Where love Noel sad. But that's my dog to this day. She was our leader at the seam. She's like, kep, let's go for a walk out of the order therey, Like we all used to go walking up, but this time we go to the lower floor and then we make a rite and going to the office and this is boyd ass hr dude that's sitting there, got his Manila folder, his wife, he's a paper and it's.
Speaker 5: Like, but laughed at you bro laughed during the time.
Speaker 2: They was all giggling.
Speaker 4: Apparently she felt so uncomfortable, couldn't believe I.
Speaker 2: Still tell you what do I tell you?
Speaker 4: You're right, you can't say stuff and I haven't learned all lessons talking Steady says it on the radio.
Speaker 2: Oh so mad, Yeah, I got written it? Have you got written?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: As a show though not like individually, but the show that I was on before this one, we got written up all the time and eventually fired.
Speaker 2: So yeah, show the show. No, it's I think it's each individual. Thank god we have well, we've got.
Speaker 3: We've gotten our hands left as a show forgot Yeah, for where the Roses scenarios, There's been like two times I think in the twenty seven years.
Speaker 1: I remember that we were pulled off the air. Bieber was also another one too, the Bieber situation. Yeah, let's do the uh hold on a second here, let's dude, Oh you know what Robin brought up another one? You're right, number three, Robin what was the the one that we got in trouble?
Speaker 8: Now you got in trouble.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to remind you that you were written up.
Speaker 9: For pretending to be the health department.
Speaker 3: That's what I was talking about with were the Roses. Yeah, we don't did.
Speaker 1: No, we got we got in big trouble. It was we did the whole call the person up and say that somebody tested positive.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I wasn't.
Speaker 5: All from Roses when dot com.
Speaker 3: I was a full from the very specific health department.
Speaker 2: Did you hear that one, Robin or did you hear the I heard it.
Speaker 4: I've been listening to you for eight and extremely long time, so and I just kind of remember that and not.
Speaker 8: A former HR personal person or practitioner, So.
Speaker 2: I thought, yeah, that was really bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we feel like we couldn't there was a punishment. Could we not do war the like there was? I can't remember.
Speaker 1: Uh they did pull I think they pulled war the Roses for a few weeks until until they were able to get the lawyers to say it was okay, Adriana, what's up?
Speaker 9: Hi?
Speaker 8: I just was calling because one time I got written up for walking away from a customer while he was screaming in my face because I started crying.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's crazy.
Speaker 9: You got written up for being rude?
Speaker 1: Could you couldn't say? I feared for myself, you know, with this guy you's screaming at me.
Speaker 8: I was sixteen years old and I was freshly working there. I was scared of my manager, so I wouldn't say anything.
Speaker 2: M M man, that's crazy. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Don't say the name of the company because I don't want to get sued if they're that crazy about writing up.
Speaker 2: But what kind of work did they do? It was quick.
Speaker 9: It was kind of like a restaurant that also did retail.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, it was what you would call it the Cracker Barrel because they always have that stupid story.
Speaker 2: Am I right in saying.
Speaker 8: That it was not Cracker Barrel?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Because Cracker Barrel is like a restaurant with a store. What what's up, Tabitha?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 10: God, morning, guys, morning.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 11: So I got written up and suspended for telling a coworker I was going to smack her. Oh, but but this happened on a weekend. We were off the clock and I was partying with the coworker.
Speaker 4: I don't think that I should have gotten.
Speaker 11: Really crazy after Yes, So like on the Monday morning of the next you know, she to hr and I was like, I do not recall.
Speaker 4: This, like we were partying. I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: That's crazy that you got written up during off house and friended.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: I tried to fight it.
Speaker 4: What I do on my no, and I'm still there.
Speaker 5: I'm still there, going on several years.
Speaker 11: I am still there with the company.
Speaker 2: The coworker there, she is, she is, and we're cool again. She is. Wow, that's amazing that she did that to you. And what's up, Mojo in the morning?
Speaker 12: Good morning, modre you good?
Speaker 2: What's happening to employed?
Speaker 12: I'm I got written up for speaking about Halloween cos Junes and for saying good morning to a co worker who didn't like it.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, So what was the Halloween?
Speaker 12: Yeah, but I was speaking with another co worker in a hallway.
Speaker 13: I thought it was just the two of us and let's talk about the movie Halloween. Michael Myers takes the gravestone and we were just because we were allowed to dress up at work. And uh, another kid that I didn't even see there he went to h R and said, I was he just lost his grandfather. Well, I'm sorry you did. I didn't know that, said I was making fun of him.
Speaker 11: Oh my godund the movie Halloween. Oh yeah, so he thought you were.
Speaker 1: He thought you were talking about it because it was you're being insensitive to his loss.
Speaker 13: Didn't know his grandfather died, didn't even.
Speaker 1: You know what I would have said to the kid if I was the human resources person, I always said, I am so sorry. We will have a talk with her. But you don't write up something that's stupid.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 12: I tried to explain that, just like I'm explaining it to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, She's like, well, that's very insensitive.
Speaker 1: I think the I think the guy was looking for a day off. I'm telling you just like the smack person too, Like, why are you going in and complaining about this thing?
Speaker 2: That's vindictive? What's up, Jeremy? How you doing?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 14: Good morning?
Speaker 2: Everyone can Jeremy. What's happening?
Speaker 14: So I got written up for having mono during COVID and I didn't have any more vacation time blast, so they've written wrote me up for it.
Speaker 1: So you couldn't take a sick day why did you not take a sick day vacation?
Speaker 2: I was all out.
Speaker 14: It was December and my vacation restarted in January. So they wrote me up for it, even though they would not allow me to go to work until I had gotten a negative COVID test.
Speaker 3: And mono is no joke. You cannot function when you have really Oh my gosh, hold.
Speaker 2: On, Andrea, what's up?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 10: So I worked retail and we weren't allowed to have our phones on the floor whatever. But a customer needed help on the website, so I pulled my phone out to show her our store's website and I got a write up and I refused to sign it.
Speaker 8: Are you Yeah?
Speaker 10: They wrote me up for it, and there was like a comment section they said, you know, they tried to give me a write up. They actually tried to fire me over it. The district manager and I didn't like each other anyway. But there was a comment section and I wrote on there like this is unacceptable. I was helping a customer zoom in on the camera and look at my phone.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I quit not long after that. That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Sometimes the reasons are so stupid. I'm like, they must have been trying to build a case against because it's just so Yeah.
Speaker 1: Listen to the rays. Ray got terminated from Aldi. Why'd you get terminated?
Speaker 14: Uh so this was a year ago when their bags were slightly cheaper.
Speaker 2: But I gave away a paper.
Speaker 14: Bag to somebody in the office the next day and written up.
Speaker 1: Because they charged for the bags. Right, how much were they charging for the bags at the time? It was seven cents and you gave somebody a bag. Bro, you that's crazy. I you know, you know when when you're in Chicago they charge you when you ask for a bag, like they make you pay for the bag too.
Speaker 2: Downtown Downtown Detroit does that for groceries. But like H and M and stuff, Yeah they do.
Speaker 1: I've never even noticed it, do aren't they supposed to tell us they really, I've I've gone to stores and gotten bags.
Speaker 2: I never even knew that.
Speaker 1: The guy, the guy did h the at Walgreens goes, yeah, I'm just gonna give it to you, and the woman goes, you got to charge him for it, and he goes. He turns her and goes, bitch, it's a bag. And I'm like, I'm getting out of here.
Speaker 2: Thank you, sir. I appreciate that what's going on? Calvin bags, Hey, what's up?
Speaker 14: Call here?
Speaker 15: I used to I got written up for asking if you want he's skeat in your bullet monk.
Speaker 1: Why at Mongolian barbecue?
Speaker 15: Oh my god, so early two thousands, I was one of them, real god, okay, I was one of the top grads.
Speaker 10: The big wooden.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 15: So I used to, you know, be on the ground, talk all types of mess. Kevin knows me personally, so you know what I say all the time. But anyways, so that ain't song came out right. Remember we used to.
Speaker 2: Put the stuff in your boat in your thing after cook it. Yeah, so I was like, uh.
Speaker 15: Hey, you want some skat in your boat?
Speaker 2: And people like.
Speaker 15: One person was like, what do you mean sk I was like this stuff that you brought here? And that person walked off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god, that's insanity.
Speaker 2: The last time you said, yeah, what's what's up? Liz?
Speaker 9: I actually got written up and suspended for two weeks for changing my name at a restaurant in the at the waitress to bonek.
Speaker 5: Why did you really?
Speaker 9: Me and my one friend were just messing around and I changed her as the water Melandrea and mine. Yeah, the owner showed up and he actually had to jump.
Speaker 5: On the line and it printed out and he.
Speaker 8: Said he went.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 1: Hold on, Lindy wants to make a comment before we end this topic. What's that, Lindy?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, Mojo I almost got suspended because of you. So a number of years ago you had a tournament for like a Mario Kart party on Nintendo sixty four and a bunch of US Catholic school girls skipped school because our parents let us. And afterwards you posted the photo online Channel nine five to five and we got caught and the nun's.
Speaker 15: Friend to suspend us.
Speaker 2: That's funny. Yeah, thinks Mojo got caught at one of our events.
Speaker 1: I apologize. So you were in trouble because of the Mojo in the morning show.
Speaker 2: We happened to you were lots of people.
Speaker 1: Lo show is similar with cars, Cash and Gus is driven like Gordon's