Speaker 1: How is everybody doing on odesday? Yeah, we got the big event tomorrow. Oh my god, man, yep, yep to the roast event. Sold out roast coming up tomorrow. So we're excited about that. Lots of stuff going on today, and we'll just start out as we always do. Let's put our ears to the ground, our fingers on the pulse list, see what was happening to this great, big, wide world of ours, and let's go to the world of sports. Everybody else where we along. We belong in the world of sports. In fact, I don't know if you guys knew that, but ESPN called us the other day and they were like, we don't like to.
Speaker 2: Talk about it a lot.
Speaker 1: We know you are the best of the best at this and we we will forever have to be enemies because of it.
Speaker 3: And we're my god, you guys call us every week to say the same thing.
Speaker 1: We know, we know we have us alone, all right, enough, stad up, we go to a man on NBC Sports who he's very unsure of when he should start talking on live television.
Speaker 2: So that happens.
Speaker 1: He stares directly at the camera awkwardly, until, of all things, the ref does that what to call him in basketball, so's the referee at The referee in basketball hits him on the acid, tells him to get the hell off the court.
Speaker 2: Here we go staring at the camera, just looking. Tonight's game marks.
Speaker 3: The sixty first time that hurry is played against Oh.
Speaker 2: Hold on, I'll go back.
Speaker 1: I want to pump up the volume a little bit here. Grant Liftman is the guy's name. And the ref comes over to Grant Lyftman, who is just staring at the camera, and the ref hits him on the ass and goes, get get off, get off the court.
Speaker 3: Tonight's game marks the sixty first time.
Speaker 2: He slaps him on the ass. Get out of here, Greg.
Speaker 3: And is there a difference between like, hey, you did a great job during the sport, like smack on the butt versus get out of the shot? Well, is there a bit of a grab when you're doing well as an athlete.
Speaker 1: I'll have to tell you personally, I'm a bad person asked.
Speaker 3: This question because you're grabbing everyone to ask.
Speaker 1: Us that happens in the sports world. And I haven't had many as laps in my time.
Speaker 4: I have not had like most of mine have been outside of the sports world just extra sport.
Speaker 1: Yeah you care to expand on that anymore? You just want to leave it right there?
Speaker 2: A few Tom all right, hot.
Speaker 1: I only regret that I talked over that a little bit. That's the truth. Sent in the morning.
Speaker 2: Grant liked it.
Speaker 1: I think you know it comes up for him a little bit there. Get off the court, sir. We're playing a basketball game. What's this weird like blowback? I'm sure this is going to be part of it. But there's a bunch of people complaining about this return of the NBA on NBC, and they're like, the team games are messing up.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm screwing up left and right.
Speaker 1: God forbid a new broadcast team. Have a couple of bumps here and there, it's gonna happen, everybody.
Speaker 3: What kind of bumps?
Speaker 1: I guess there was some mics cutting out, and there's been more little issues here and there.
Speaker 4: They got a bunch of brand new, you know, nice looking trucks that they're sending all over the country.
Speaker 3: So clearly the budget was used for the trucks and the overall purchase, and they only had a little bit for the talent.
Speaker 1: They still don't have as much as Amazon does for the Prime games.
Speaker 2: Have you seen the setup that they have? Oh my god, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: This is for real. This is for you folks watching. I'll describe it for everybody else when the NBA games are on Amazon Primes, right, you got those.
Speaker 2: The people up there got it like the target on the other end the NBA. We call this the pre switch.
Speaker 1: This is some defenses that try to target so so far just looks like a regular broadcast. This is a massive screen that they're standing.
Speaker 2: We did the basketball. This is bridges ready.
Speaker 3: Sts out, whoa are you serious?
Speaker 2: Guys? Is going on here?
Speaker 1: They're walking around on a virtual basketball courts and it puts circles underneath them like their players in a video game. And they're walking around like showing how these plays.
Speaker 4: This is showing off and they're not showing anything but off.
Speaker 3: And you know what, they got that l ed floor because of all the Amazon purchases.
Speaker 1: Folks like us probably we paid for a good portion of that.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: It turns everything into a massive video game or something. And then he's got an iPad that he's like connected to this giant screen wheel Like so I would imagine if you're a NBC youre going, how come we don't have.
Speaker 2: One of those? Yeah, where's our thing?
Speaker 3: We were like one a Are they going to just throw run an invisible ball?
Speaker 2: Does he have a ball?
Speaker 4: I don't know if they there's a ball denoted on the floor somewhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah there is.
Speaker 1: With what he's here, I don't know, you know, And honestly I didn't watch. I don't know where it goes, but yeah, they go out there. It's just a giant screen. It's it's been pretty common that in these sporting broadcast areas, as they call them, the background is a massive screen. It's massive on you know, cable news and all these other words. But the floor, the entire floor of this place is like an incredible.
Speaker 2: Screen that they're all walking on. Cool.
Speaker 1: I mean, maybe it's just like a green screen on the ground or something.
Speaker 3: We're getting to buy that it's led like they could.
Speaker 2: See it, like they're walking on top of it.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure how it's working, but it's pretty crazy over there, so maybe they're mad about that.
Speaker 3: The runner up.
Speaker 1: By the way, I should at least show you guys this if you haven't seen it going mega viral already. This is allegedly from a drone show in Atlanta. Have you seen this? Have you seen the Atlanta? All right, I put this up on see it now. So since we're visual heavy, here, take a look at this when you get a chance.
Speaker 2: Okay, a drone show in Atlanta. Here you go.
Speaker 1: All right, it's coming together. Yeah, you see the drones lining up in formation, and.
Speaker 3: So much joy of drones.
Speaker 1: Like a twirking lady with a big ass doing a handstand and she's.
Speaker 2: Made out of drones.
Speaker 1: We have peaked, we have peaked, We got basketball courts, screens.
Speaker 3: Does she shake your ass or is just like that?
Speaker 2: It just kind of moves around.
Speaker 3: Let's drone engineers and let's get that booty clapping please right next leup.
Speaker 1: But the problem is the height of this world, I think is at like the theme.
Speaker 2: Parks, and they don't really have the balls to do this.
Speaker 1: They this is it not in their terrortory, not family friendly. All right. We have so many things to talk about. We'll talk about these escape lab monkeys. We'll get to that in a bit here, and everything else in the the intro, and so many more things today on the show. But one of the biggest things making waves online that it's going viral basically everywhere you might look.
Speaker 2: Over the next couple of years.
Speaker 1: It's something you could buy if you want, but I want to see how everybody feels about this. Okay, so buy or pass over on chat. Let us know if you will going to buy or pass the new product that was just announced you can order today. It is Neo the Robot, a literal robot that you buy for your house. Neo the Robot will do your dishes. Neo the Robot will do chores around the house.
Speaker 3: Neo the Robot is terrifying looking.
Speaker 1: Neo the Robot is an adult size. I'm gonna give you a little bit of the promos. You can hear what this thing's all about. So basically, I Robot. This is I Robot.
Speaker 2: Literally literally I Robot. Here, here it is.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing that released yesterday. This is real now okay.
Speaker 5: Here's a humanoid companion designed to transform your life at home. It combines AI and IT advanced hardware to help with daily chores and bring intelligence into your everyday life.
Speaker 2: Neo is engineered from the ground up for safety. It's ten to driven body.
Speaker 5: It's quiet and lightweight, tench emotions make it uniquely safe for you and your home.
Speaker 1: All right, So this thing is five foot six okay, it's a robot. Comes in a couple of colors. You can get a gray one, a short wearing it is. It's five six This is sixty six pounds, all right, that's how much the robot weighs. Five six sixty six pounds. It lasts for four hours. The body of the robot is soft and made of three D lattice polymer, and it's got cameras and speakers and four microphones, and it's just loaded up with tech. Right.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's a.
Speaker 1: Standing robot, arms legs, the whole boot like. This is literally the science future we've seen in movies. And Neo is the name of this robot. So let's see what else they said in this demo here. Because this is just incressible.
Speaker 5: Safe doesn't mean limited. Neo's hardware comes packed with features. Let's get the level nexsterity and a fifty five pound caring capacity so they can handle any of your chores reliably. We also worked really hard to make Neo's design friendly and comfortable to be around. Each Neo comes with the machine washable knit suit ahead.
Speaker 3: And it's gonna wash.
Speaker 2: Its own clothes. I'm saying, yeah yeah. And you're going to do its own laundry, Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, if he's got washable clothes and he can wash clothes, I would expect Neo to be doing this work. They're saying it looks amazing. I would buy one. The reasons one point two million.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 1: It's not one point two million. I'll tell you the price on this in a second. So this thing, could, you know, pick up your your deliveries. So let's say that you order a bunch of stuff. You order a big bag of rice, cat litter, a couple of car batteries, as one does.
Speaker 3: Do you recent order from Amazon?
Speaker 1: I had to get it from somewhere, so I figured that was a good And the door, you know, somebody shows up the door. It's the Amazon delivery driver and you, oh, man, I'm not home. Your little Neo robot guy to the front door. I don't know if it can yet, but it can open the front door. It can pick up all your packages, bring it inside, stack your packages up wherever you instruct it to, and get ready for the day.
Speaker 4: It said it has a fifty five pound capacity for lift. Yeah, that thing could pick up Jackson, yes.
Speaker 1: Right now, Yeah, yeah, Neo the Robot babysitter.
Speaker 2: But potentially let's see.
Speaker 3: If they in the room shaking Jackson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a little really.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they've hired out all the kinks in the software just yet.
Speaker 4: My guess is that the for insurance purposes, the folks that are designing Neo the Robot specifically programmed it not to pick up human babies.
Speaker 1: This is crazy, though, it's absolutely we all get this up on c it now too. But this is a real human size robot that has gone on sale right.
Speaker 2: Now called the Customized to fit your style.
Speaker 5: As for using your Neo, we made the experience simple all right out of the box. The core of your experience is fully autonomous.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, it's like born in a little egg. There's like a robosird.
Speaker 3: What are you supposed to do with that? Leave it on the curb.
Speaker 1: Just I want you guys to play a log here, hold on, go the website after like John Hammond style, push push, yeah, any break open the egg. Go to the websites. You guys can see this thing. It's legitimately real. Go to onex dot tech, one x dot t e h slash. Well, I guess if you just go to the site, you'll see the order or form and all that stuff. You can pick the color. I'll go back to the promo video in a second. But you could you could get it for five hundred dollars a month or twenty thousand dollars and deliver it.
Speaker 2: To your house.
Speaker 3: Seems low?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah?
Speaker 3: Or is a subscription so.
Speaker 1: Well, you could do twenty k if you want to buy it, or you could do the monthly plan. But does that plan do you own it at the end of you know, the right amount of great question?
Speaker 2: Forty months.
Speaker 3: I mean they're saying just three bullet points attached to a twenty thousand dollars bill is ownership with three year warranty, premium support, priority delivery.
Speaker 1: That's okay, Well, it is new, it's brand new. They just launched this. I want to know more about what this thing's going to do for us, because everybody's saying they want it. I want it, says Tony. Everybody sying they're wanting it.
Speaker 3: Creepy.
Speaker 2: They just dropped the Honestly, well, this.
Speaker 4: Is if you look at on the website onex dot tech slash Neo, and that the first thing of the guy with his arm around it. It is one of I think the lesser creepy of the robots that I've seen is.
Speaker 2: It because it doesn't have a mouth. It only has has two eyes on it.
Speaker 1: So this you can get in three different colors gray, white, and black, I believe, And it's five 't six.
Speaker 2: It's human like.
Speaker 1: The face is kind of sweet looking because it only has like two button eyes.
Speaker 3: The button eyes are kind of creepy.
Speaker 1: And then big blowing circles for ears. It's like ahead of a smart speaker or something kind of thing. And now you get it at your house and look, oh, it's got accessories.
Speaker 2: It's got its own room.
Speaker 1: It's got Neo's got his own room with his own like accessories and boots and extra clothes.
Speaker 3: And getting the vibe that their demo at least off the bat is older people.
Speaker 6: Uh huh?
Speaker 3: Is it only a three year warranty because they're not being around five years?
Speaker 2: Could an old person do this?
Speaker 1: I think the old person would get the egg delivery and be like, my neo humanoid robot, what do I do now?
Speaker 2: What does it do for me? Well, let's see.
Speaker 5: Out of the box, the core of your experience is fully autonomous. The chorice feature, let's your schedule a time for your neo to do all of your chores so you can come back to a cleaner vacuuming. With the AI Companion feature, you can talk to your neo to get as system.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, it shows it with the old guy and it's getting his medicine.
Speaker 2: It's no.
Speaker 3: Now real question though they're rolling it out. They say, you know, early twenty twenty six. But these commercials so are human and robot costume?
Speaker 1: Uh right, Yeah, they're suggesting that this is really Neo, the five foot six or whatever robot, that this is not like some sort of some sort of a person in the costume pretending to you know, move around like a robot.
Speaker 2: There's more on what this thing does. Well, here's what we'll do.
Speaker 1: We'll take a little break and when we come back, I'll give you the full rundown of the features of this thing, and we'll talk about if you would ever get one of these in your house. It's kind of crazy. It just like pops out. Hey, By the way, you can buy a humanoid robot now there's a controversy over something at sea Lane watched recently that we've got to talk about some emails, rolling in a lot of stuff to get to today.
Speaker 2: Honest, a very busy day on the show.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have some fun, so do come along with all of that is coming up next on the News Junkie. This could be just nothing, just a blip out there, or it could be the introduction to the inevitable future where robots are absolutely everywhere. And I'm talking about this product that they just kind of dropped.
Speaker 2: On us this week. They're like, hey, you know, nothing going on.
Speaker 1: To the news cycle other than some hurricanes smacking Jamaica.
Speaker 2: Let's pop something out there. Oh here you go, by the.
Speaker 1: Way, you could buy a robot and the robot will go around and do your chores at home. And you just go to a website and you're like, okay, I want either the white one or the I don't even know if this is like a gray one or a black one.
Speaker 3: And it's just so interesting because something technology like this, you think a teaser and it'll be available if you put down a deposit in twenty thirty and they are prepared to do this in less than six months have them led out?
Speaker 1: They say twenty twenty six. US delivery start in twenty twenty six. And the question that's been firing up chat is would you have a robot like this in your house? And I'll tell you when I saw this and I'm looking at this neo robot for twenty thousand dollars, Courtney's like, no, no, It's like, I don't want a robot in our house. I don't want a robot one wrench. She goes to staying in the studio.
Speaker 3: What about for months?
Speaker 1: She goes, I go, but it can do like the dishes and the chores, and it could. And She's like, now, I don't want that thing around here. And it's twenty thousand dollars and I could find better ways to spend that money.
Speaker 4: She said, I have I think a different take on this. You and Courtney are home more than I am. Probably yeah, yeah, so I would think this would be awesome to go all right, I h you know, I get get the baby ready and uh hop in the car, leave. Robot does all the dishes, vacuums, right, you know, does a bunch of cool stuff. And then after work, I have a great looking home to come home too, and I can focus more on getting doing stuff that I want to do, hanging out with the baby. I don't have to like quarantine him in the living room while I'm doing dishes.
Speaker 1: That's that I mean, as anti robot as I am, that's how I kind of feel about it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I mean when I would by.
Speaker 2: This guy away like I would, I would walk him in a room.
Speaker 1: When I'm not there like a roomba, and then when I'm when I'm gone, I.
Speaker 4: Have a guest room that's not being used. As long as this robot can go up and downstairs, it can just walk in there.
Speaker 2: And plug itself into a charger for the night. I would never have to see it.
Speaker 3: It is looking out your front window and you see a robot walking car picking up this poop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right right, totally possible. I mean for real. And see if this is a what about called neo that is real?
Speaker 1: You can order it and it's about five foot six would they say fifty five or sixty pounds and.
Speaker 4: Weighs sixty six pounds and it can hold up to fifty five.
Speaker 1: So it could pick up bags of stuff from your groceries. Cat litter, you know, whatever it is, pick up your stuff and bring it inside, and it's just very weird. I want to go to the promo video for this because.
Speaker 3: I want to know more of the season questions.
Speaker 1: But they show it with like an old dude, which is such a dystopian, weirdo future. It's like the old guy has a robot best friend, and the old guy's like, uh.
Speaker 3: These the pills I take today. Yeah, that old guy was around for the invention of color television. Now it's never interacting with a robot.
Speaker 2: I also want to see in this.
Speaker 1: I haven't heard from Neo, so I want to know what NEO sounds like too. So we'll get through this and then we'll make our decisions. Do we want one of these twenty thousand dollars robots in our house?
Speaker 5: Here we go with anything from a hard question to a household task with neot access to all its features to get help with tasks on demand, and the Neo app lets you interact with your Neo from anywhere. But all you have to do to get started is turn on your Neo and introduce yourself.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, he shows up in an egg, so the robot comes to life.
Speaker 2: I'm Neo. I'm here to help around the hell that guy, guess what's your name? A nice to meet you, Harry when you have a question or want something done.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, he wants to bang the robot real quick.
Speaker 1: Just just so you know, this guy is looking dead in the eyes of his brand new robot Neo that's five foot six and he is about what you say, eight inches ten inches from his face.
Speaker 3: Is And then he's sizing it up like a little drool is about to come out of his mouth.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's trying to intimidate the robot. He's like, look, just so you know, I still run this place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, romo, bitch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you ever get hacked or do something stupid, I'm gonna really smash it to bits, buddy. So he's meeting the robot. He's meeting the robot, let me know. Okay, So the wife meeting it, she's trying to hide from it. It follows her around even if she's as close as you got. All Right, chores, what kind of chores could this thing do?
Speaker 5: We built the chorest feature to give you your time back. You give your Neo a list of chores, you schedule a time that you want them done so that you can focus on what matters to you while your neo doesn't see.
Speaker 2: This is exactly what Celin was saying.
Speaker 1: Like you say, hey, I'll be doing the news junkie radio show from this time to this time. While I'm doing that, I have a huge pile of laundry right here, and the trash.
Speaker 2: Needs to be taken out.
Speaker 1: And then the robot goes mess address eved and does the all the work and then thetelene comes back.
Speaker 2: It's just done.
Speaker 3: Now do they have some fun options? I hope maybe some people need companionship, or they just bought a ping pong table. I need actually use it.
Speaker 2: Well do you think? What do you think the chances you trying to hear about your ping pong table?
Speaker 3: It's very sad. I was so excited once I got in and realized after in boxing, I had no one to play with.
Speaker 2: You need a neo.
Speaker 1: Now you're just twenty thousand dollars away from a partner to this ping pong with you.
Speaker 2: What do you want to bet? Shoot? I wonder if they do show up playing ping pong.
Speaker 1: I think at least they'll show up playing like chess with an old man.
Speaker 2: I think they'll be like.
Speaker 3: Companionship and kicking his ass in chess.
Speaker 1: And they'll have the neo sitting there, and then you could probably like set it to beginner, intermediate or advanced or whatever.
Speaker 2: Let's see what they do.
Speaker 5: You can schedule chores, but by either talking to your neo or using the app. The way it works is you schedule a time that works best for you, and then you create a list of chorices. Whether it's something more specific, what do I want to plants on Tuesdays, there's something more general like tidying the house, NIL will get it done at the scheduled time. If there any chores that your neo hasn't learned how to do autonomously, you can use expert mode to have an expert from one X supervise the session and provide corrective internment.
Speaker 1: Okay, great, So somebody at HQ watches the robot through its camera eyes and watches it move around the house and do whatever your chores is.
Speaker 2: This is where I'm feeling people fall off.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's so weird. The house is a mess, but my underwear is perfectly folded.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's a little invasive. I think you got this thing spying on you and at HQ they're robo controlling a.
Speaker 2: Task all right.
Speaker 1: It's doing laundry, tiding it up, picking up stuff from around the house. It's all useful stuff, time savers, arranging the shoes, cleaning the bedroom.
Speaker 2: How is it picking up toys? It's vacuuming with the dice and vacuum.
Speaker 5: Anytime you're away from home and you want to see what your neo is up to, you can open the app and see directly from neo's point of view.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, you can check in on it. That's cool.
Speaker 3: That loves school. But then you open up your phone and it's staring into the mirror right at you.
Speaker 2: Sad neck.
Speaker 1: It's now come to life that this could happen. So these are just half on it.
Speaker 3: We'll do the monthly. No, we'll get it for like.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah months, and then we'll abandon it.
Speaker 3: Up, go away in your pod.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm I think it's interesting. I want to know if people would allow it to these into their house. They show it washing dishes, you know, they show it like cleaning the bathroom and all that stuff that you can ask it questions like hey, this this old man saying I can't seem to find my glasses, and.
Speaker 2: He was like, your glasses were dis covered and that you know. Uh. Then the old guy goes Africa.
Speaker 1: No, it's cayenne pepper, and your glasses are on your shirt. Can we hear this? I wonder if they actually show this. Here's some interactions. They don't have to do any work now, so they're just chilling. They're just hanging out on the couch.
Speaker 3: Healthy rich.
Speaker 4: My companion, they got a twenty thousand dollars robot, whole thousands.
Speaker 2: Now I can't see to find my glasses. Is this paprika? No, that's cayenne pepper. Also, your glasses are on your shirt.
Speaker 1: That's weird, man, that is weird. Oh, let's see if there's anything else. Artificial intelligence. Oh this, this shows it playing cards, I think, which it.
Speaker 2: Says on the companion section.
Speaker 4: Ask neo questions and get instant access to knowledge, personalized intelligence, or even a joke.
Speaker 3: Oh you can.
Speaker 4: You can ask it anything, history, recipes, advice and get real time answers.
Speaker 2: That's probably more of an AI. Thing.
Speaker 4: Pairs visual and spatial awareness with memory to personalized interactions, shares, joke, stories, and games.
Speaker 2: That does say games.
Speaker 4: I don't know what kind of games for lively natural conversations.
Speaker 2: I'm curious.
Speaker 4: I've only seen holding stuff a couple times in this video. Does it seem to have five digits as far as fingers? I know, I saw a thumb in there, but are the rest of the fingers like fully kind of?
Speaker 2: I think?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 1: This is an actual product that you could buy right now, five foot six robot that does chores in your house.
Speaker 2: And in this case, they have it opened the door. So let's see if they show the.
Speaker 8: Hand get the door here he goes, walks over. It's not super fast, but it's not and he gets the door. He opens the door for the guests too.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, he's got a gun. Neo's autonomy works by taking requests like a.
Speaker 2: New can you take this cup to the sink?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, people are gonna be so fat and lazy as already the memes are rolling in, by the way, people are saying, how long until we get to this and Neo has made a move on the guy's wife and Neo in bed with men.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I can his fingers or not. That's very important. If that's the case.
Speaker 1: That true. Yeah, gotta see how equipped this neo is right now. I mean for twenty grand, really, twenty grand doesn't seem that bad. But folks, there you go. That's kind of the rundown on this. A few people talking about it. Marquis Brownlee, the tech guy, says, so to be clear, this is a pre order for a humanoid home robot that will cost twenty thousand dollars or five hundred dollars a month when it may be ships next year, and currently is not finished. Johannastern got to do a demo and its current state and one hundred percent of his actions are tele operated. I say that I see this as more of a hype real for a thing that they're hoping to be able to make some day, which is becoming so common with products these days. So he's saying that it's not yet there. That's what his kind is one of the tech guys.
Speaker 4: Tell operated means one hundred percent of the things that's doing are somebody's controlling it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this person was at the launch. I was at the Neeo Neo launch last night Palo Alto. For this real it was the first time a humanoid felt actually safe to be around, lightweight, soft, padded body compliant movements. It felt like something I could actually live in a home. She said, So all right, there you go. Now you know you could buy one if you want. Will you have a robot roaming your house and doing your chores?
Speaker 2: Or is this a big fat no for you? Let us know what you think.
Speaker 1: Join the show today, record a dispatch at the Newsjunkie dot com, or email the show tips at thenewsjunkie dot com. There you go. When we come back, we'll get into some drama over something at Sea Lane just watched. I mean, this is high level drama and somebody was injured at a theme park again in the most bizarre way you could ever think of. In fact, you probably wouldn't think of this, But that is coming up next on the News junk Key. Sea Lane recently watched this movie. Seems like it's a stinker. He doesn't seem to be a fan of it.
Speaker 2: It was still number one.
Speaker 4: On Netflix like yesterday or the day before, like after after my review of it.
Speaker 1: I didn't take it down. You didn't take it down. Yeah, this is this, trust me. It's called The House of Dynamite. I guess which is Idris Elba, who's it's strange because he's a fantastic actor, but he has been picking some stinkers.
Speaker 3: Man face.
Speaker 2: That was a great paradise, was a good show.
Speaker 1: But as far as movies, he was in that movie with uh with uh. Yeah, that was a different guy, a different black dudes robots black as you can say that. See, I thought it was wrong to pick the black robot. I thought that, well, that felt like a bad thing. But John Cena and Idris Albat were in that movie I think on Netflix perhaps or maybe another service, and that was a bomb. It was bad, bad And now Eadress Alba picks this movie that is a house of dynamite and Selan says, you know, it's not good. It's not a good movie. But you're not the only one that didn't appreciate this. The US Pentagon is pissed off.
Speaker 2: About this movie.
Speaker 1: The Pentagon is mad about this. A house of dynamite movie that is isn't on Netflix. Yes, and hold on, they bring this up houses Dynamite.
Speaker 4: Now, the is the Pentagon mad because it would imply in the movie that the US is less capable of handling something like this than the movie. Because it's not like they can reveal any secrets. They would have to be told the secrets to reveal them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I'm saying, This is just a it's a work of fiction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they say the fictional the fictional interceptors in the movie miss their target. And we understand this is intended to be a compelling part of the drama, intended for the entertainment of the audience. This is a memo from the Pentagon about this this movie. It goes on to note that interceptors have been shown to be one hundred percent accurate and tests for several years, and also disputes the fifty billion dollars price tag given in the movie for their costs. So they're mad because, like you just said, Zeelane, like it makes the United States seem inept at defending a missile attack on the homeland. And the Pentagon was like, hey, not only do we think this movie is crap, but it's fake and we're mad about it right now.
Speaker 4: I mean, they didn't really have to be all technical about it. All they had to say was, listen, we watched the movie. It's very unlikely that the technology we have would not you know, keep us safe from one missile. That's which is the plot of the movie, is that there is a whistle inbound that looks like it's going to hit Chicago and they're not totally sure where it came from. And like they said in the memo, uh, they they're kind of spoiling a little bit. But ueah uh, there's there's even bigger spoilers and they're they're very disappointing.
Speaker 2: The whole thing. The whole thing.
Speaker 4: What they what they sort of spoil a little bit in this memo is that there are I think two failed attempts to launch something to intercept this missile in the air before it could be in a dangerous spot.
Speaker 1: Right. Yeah, I've got the response from the people who created this in just a moment. But A Penny on YouTube says House of Dynamite was absolutely horrible. Not not a great reviews coming in so far. Simply Jeremy on YouTube says, yeah, I don't agree with Sean.
Speaker 2: The movie was good until the ending.
Speaker 1: The ending sucked, but the movie itself was pretty good. To be clear, I haven't seen this movie, so you can't disagree with me.
Speaker 2: You disagree with me.
Speaker 4: Simply Jeremy And that's fine, that's totally fine. But in my opinion, uh an ending can be so bad that it invalidates decent parts of the movie, Like was it well acted?
Speaker 2: Yes? Like is Interest Elba good in it? Sure?
Speaker 4: But like you can have like, you know, Interest Elba as this really great tool which is his acting ability, by having a really nice car, and you can be really terrible at driving it.
Speaker 2: True. Yeah, compare fact, drive it off a cliff.
Speaker 1: And this was the equivalent of Netflix driving a car off a cliff is what.
Speaker 2: You're really really nice expensive one?
Speaker 3: You know what that means a monthly subscription price will go up?
Speaker 1: And just probably ran on YouTube says, maybe Trump will shut down Netflix. Well, here's the people who created this series House of Dynamite that the Pentagon is mad over because it makes the US look like we would lose or that we wouldn't shoot down missiles. Catherine Bigelow, She responds, and she says, I just state the truth. Here's her comment. I just state the truth in this piece. It's all about realism and authenticity. Same with Zero Dark thirty and same with hurt Locker, even though hert Locker was obviously a work of fiction, and this is a work of fiction for me. These are pieces that lean in hard on realism. You're inviting an audience into, say the battle deck of Stratcom. That's a place that's not easily accessible. So I wanted to feel authentic. That's my goal, and I think we achieved it. That's what she says of the Pentagon's criticism of a House of Dynamite, which kind of like was a deflection.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like saying, Hey, I'm just making a movie about us failing. This is how real it would be if we were big fat, stupid failure.
Speaker 2: Yes, whole lot. I haven't seen this heelan.
Speaker 1: Did it make the United States look an ept or like we were we were useless in the face of anybody bombing us?
Speaker 2: I didn't really.
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess if you take the if you look at the Pentagon's take on it, it kind of but it just it says that we had we had preventive measures and they failed. Yeah, and it did not explore any other preventative measures, one of which was kind of a little bit obvious in my head. But you know, it's it's also like it's kind of weird.
Speaker 1: Though because it's a movie, Like, of course there's the potential that we wouldn't be able to shoot something down, and that's what they're exploring.
Speaker 2: If they're not like the.
Speaker 1: United States is the worst country in the world and all of our military as losers, they're not doing that.
Speaker 4: We missed one of those Chinese balloons with a pretty expensive missile.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it was more than once did. This is a work of fiction, and if the authorities that are the US Pentagon can't wrap their heads around it, that is kind of scary.
Speaker 1: I'm just interested in why they were so offended. And I didn't see the movie, so if it's not just slamming them and they're just kind of nitpicking that like will they be mad if we had a top gun and then in top gun like the US didn't win or something like, I don't know that you could do that way you can. It just seems weird. Let us know if you've seen this a house of dynamite. The Pentagon is is upset over it. Are you did you like it? Maybe you liked it. Somebody's got to like this stuff. Let us know what you think. Send a dispatch over at THENEWSCHUNKI dot com right now, real quick.
Speaker 4: Body's got to like it because it's got a seventy seven percent popcorn Meter, And I find that really crazy. How many review I get seventy? Wait, which if popcorn.
Speaker 1: Meters the viewers, right, I always say audience and critics, But I.
Speaker 3: Don't know what the I thought it was too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I say audience score is the one usually on the right where like just people vote.
Speaker 4: In the critics, it says one hundred plus verified, which is not a lot.
Speaker 2: I guess is two hundred and five reviews. Uh huh, Yeah, that that's low reviews.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of times these productions will review bomb new stuff, and they'll go in there and like kind of set it up so it's so great. Yeah, this is fantastic. I've seen it happen. Cordy found movies. A horror movie. She found a horror movie. I think I talked about it afterwards, and it had one hundred percent Rotten Tomatoes, well over one hundred reviews. She goes, we got to watch this. It's like a low budget movie, but it's so highly rated. And when we watched it, I go, something's not right, and she goes, yeah, you're right, And we realized that what they did was they filmed the entire movie and then they went back and re recorded the script with microphones because the audio didn't sound good.
Speaker 3: I feel exactly what movie you're talking about.
Speaker 2: They were like pantomiming on the.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but in the twenties.
Speaker 3: Enough for the entire film, like an outside shot.
Speaker 2: Maybe, yeah it was.
Speaker 4: I just don't trust it. But I'm on Netflix right now because I want to. I want to find the actual thing that I read before I watched this. Now now it's just showing it to me and I don't want to watch it. I'm trying to find the page for it. And has to dynamite more info that a missile on an origin has launched the United States and Catherine Bigelow's exceptionally powerful and brilliantly directed thriller. I think there was another another quote that was like basically saying this is just as thrilling as a horror movie or.
Speaker 1: Something that I was like, all right, uh, nope, uh.
Speaker 2: Well, some people liked it.
Speaker 1: They might have been attached to the film, they might have been lighting in sound, but they liked it. Nonetheless, we'll hear your emails. I got one all cute up here, ready to go. We'll get to that in a bit. We'll also get to this accident in a theme park. You would never guess that somebody would be really badly injured like this, but this happened for real, So let's talk about it. That's coming up next New US Junkie. This time it's SeaWorld where there was an incident. And you've had different incidents at these theme parks across the span of the year. Here the person who died on the Stardust Racers ride at Epic Universe. You had several people now that have died in the last two weeks on Disney property and perhaps some other things going on there. And in this case SeaWorld where there's a roller coaster and I've never been on this, but have you guys been on the Maco roller coaster?
Speaker 3: Yeah, is a signature coaster with the giant Manta ray, Right, is it the.
Speaker 1: One where you're like standing up or something? Isn't there something different about it?
Speaker 3: So it was years ago, but I do remember standing up almost like you're you're strapped in but you didn't have to like hold your legs up. It was just the way the seats were that you were kind of standing.
Speaker 2: Let me see bring this up. I thought you were up. In Google images you can see how the seating is arranged.
Speaker 1: Okay, did I nail it? It's I don't know. It looks like you're kind of riding on a giant Manta ray. Is that the point is that? What's going on?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And your feet are hanging loose and you're moving around to this large coaster. Says this Manta Ray brings you across this roller coaster. Somebody was on this sucker. Her name is Hillary Martin. Hillary, I'm so sorry. I am so sorry. This is brutal. She visited SeaWorld back in March. She goes, let's go on the Maco roller coaster. They said, Hillary, are you sure the Maco roller coaster? This is an extreme thing, and she goes, I want to do it. I want to do it. And they said, Hillary, if you're going to get all on the Mako roller coaster, you must take everything, and I mean everything out of your pockets and put it in the lockers. Take it all out because you could cause danger and destruction with it. And she said okay, and she emptied her pockets that she got on this ride and as she was cruising around and if she was flying through the roller coaster track on Mako at Sea World, she was hit in the face with a duck. A duck flew into her face full speed ahead, and it knocked her out cold. She completely knocked her out cold.
Speaker 3: Pockets prior to that, no.
Speaker 1: No, nothing, I was just making it dramatic. I was just just going through the whole thing.
Speaker 3: And this is not the first time, but it's been many years. Of course, the one that comes up is can't believe it's not butter guy Fabio, Yeah and destroid that.
Speaker 1: He took a goose to the face. She took a duck to the face. And she says See World created a zone of danger.
Speaker 2: And it's because of the tilemed.
Speaker 1: And placement near a body of water, which allegedly increases the risk of ducks hitting you in the face when you're on a roller coaster. She said she suffered permanent injury to her body, as well as hospital expenses and mental suffering.
Speaker 3: That's a big ass duck.
Speaker 1: So she's going for some money in this lawsuit, and she said she is very upset that all of this happened.
Speaker 2: To her on the make O Right.
Speaker 3: She already did. The lawsuit is uncurious wild. An attorney was like, yeah, you've got your rights, duck face lady.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I figured that part of the ticket has that tiny, little, very fine print of if an animal or an act of God happens, that's responsible.
Speaker 4: This is what I think insurance companies would at least refer to as an act of God. Yeah, you're outside surrounded the Makeo roller coaster with duck food.
Speaker 2: Yeah right.
Speaker 1: They were like, we want to make it more like you're out in nature, so we want to encourage some ducks to fly by while you're riding on the roller coaster.
Speaker 4: The pipeline surf coaster is I think what Sabrina was thinking more about where you're standing up and it looks like you're on a giant surfboard.
Speaker 2: Uh huh. Yeah, see that one. I can't remember if I rode that one or not.
Speaker 1: Well, this was a full speed duck attack to the face. Should she get paid out? Let us know what you think. Send a dispatch over at the newsjunkie dot com. Leheva Rosta on Twitch watching the show says Plania signage saying you ride at your own risk there, right, they're trying.
Speaker 2: To get SeaWorld to foot the bill. Of course.
Speaker 1: Richard on YouTube says, the Makeo Ride is a high speed roller coaster that is over a body of water. The Manta is a much slower roller coaster where you lay down. He is saying, but this lady is not happy with her experience. Let us know what you think. Send a dispatch over at the newsjunkie dot com. Somebody sent in me because we were talking about with Amazon Primes NBA basketball cover. They have this this new place where they broadcast from and the whole floor is a giant screen and they're playing basketball and they're like, they look like video game players. They have circles around them, and the entire floor.
Speaker 2: Turned into a video game.
Speaker 1: And somebody said, the UCF team played around with this not long ago, and they sent over a couple of clips. So thank you to whoever sent that.
Speaker 2: This is all right, this is the okay.
Speaker 1: The whole floor is a screen, it's a whole basketball court, and it shows it like changing the graphics, updating, and it says the UCF logo in this particular case asb glass floor.
Speaker 2: There's one more.
Speaker 1: Video them interacting with it again, this is the University of Central floor, I guess, all right, And so she's writing, actually you could you could use the tablet and like write messages actually on the court that you're talking on.
Speaker 2: The whole thing is a giant screen. Bad ass that must be so expensive.
Speaker 4: You know what I noticed about the first video you played, So the the floor changed and the UCF logo changed, and it did an effect, and for a second it looked like there was moving lighting across the UCF logo and I was like, oh no, there was no lighting, that was just the video glass like glass floor video playing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it looks.
Speaker 1: Like there's a screen underneath, like a clear basketball court.
Speaker 4: Maybe is that so it's probably just a clear scoring like it was. Probably it's probably just like something that's clear enough but also sturdy enough that you could stand on it and you know, like bounce basketballs on it and jump up it down and not hurt the screen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but at what point, like are you dropping a fifty pound weight and then.
Speaker 2: Repair it would have to take a lot more than that.
Speaker 1: You have big ass basketball players three hundred poun and stuff walking around on this court.
Speaker 2: It's pretty insane.
Speaker 1: I'll put this up right now, crazy basketball court over on See It Now go to the news Junkie dot com hit to see it Now menu, and you'll see exactly what we're talking about here, as well as any other visuals that we talk about on the show. Since most of you are just listening, we understand that you could always watch the show by going over to the website thenewsjunkie dot com. More people chiming in about the Neo Robot. This robot we talked about on the show, and we were saying, it's twenty thousand dollars. It can do laundry and dishes and vacuum, and you could schedule it to do all your chores while you're gone. It could keep your company and hang out with you. And back to this woman who attended the launch. She said, after attending the Neo Robot launch in Palo Alto, that's in California. For me, this was the first time a humanoid actually felt safe to be around. Here are my takeaways, she says. The price point is the biggest shocker. Twenty thousand dollars or four hundred ninety nine dollars a month for a general purpose home robot. That's an insanely almost unbelievably low. It's the first time a humanoid labor in the home feels economically inevitable. The buy button is now live, with delivery of these robots supposedly starting in two twenty six or twenty twenty six. But if there's one thing they have in abundance, it's taste. The design is deliberate, cushion body panels on this robot, a nit skin exterior, a structure that allows cooling without looking industrial, and it feels inviting when you look at it. It's sixty six pounds, yet still able to lift around one hundred and fifty and carry fifty five. Watching the hand dexterity as it picked up a drink and handed it to guests was especially impressive. Jesus, you just want Neo the robot to hand you drinks? Is that what you're looking for? I wonder if Neo will make me drinks?
Speaker 2: Maybe? Why not?
Speaker 4: There is on the faq can my Neo cook? And it says initially neo cooking capabilities will be restricted from use. Plan on having it be able to cook at some point it's to save Yeah, Neo can provide you with great recipes or help with the cleanup instead.
Speaker 1: Really all right, well we'll take more feedback on this. Let us know what you think. It's pretty unbelievable. But that's somebody who is actually at the event with this new robot that they wanted to wander your house. They want you to buy one of these, like a roomba, but it's five foot six. It's the adorable little thing. Spooky, spooky. I agree on the price things, twenty thousand dollars doesn't seem like enough. How much is the Boston Dynamics robot.
Speaker 3: Dogred way more hundreds?
Speaker 2: I don't know exactly how there.
Speaker 1: Somebody shoot a search to that and see if we can find out how much the Boston Dynamics robot.
Speaker 3: Dogs now cause twenty thousand kind of screams to me. We're going to sell your data.
Speaker 2: M h.
Speaker 3: And that's part conditions.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of data. They said, how will it use my data?
Speaker 4: Data collected from real world tasks refines Neo's based intelligence and performance, advancing Neo's autonomous capabilities and safety. Says, we do not use this data to build a profile of you, nor do we sell it if you don't want to participate in helping improve NEO further.
Speaker 2: You can always opt out.
Speaker 1: So when I look at the Boston Dynamics robot dog spot it was around seventy four thousand when it went on sale.
Speaker 2: In twenty twenty. People can go all these, you can.
Speaker 1: It can go a lot higher if you get it with a bunch of sensors and cameras and stuff, it could go up to one hundred and fifty thousand. So and now that there's a lot of to be fair, there's a lot of like knockoffs.
Speaker 2: This is Walmart selling one. It's like unitree go to robot Quadrigation.
Speaker 3: I mean, it looks like a great doorstop.
Speaker 1: It's not as sophisticated, but it's twenty two hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Pretty low reviews.
Speaker 1: On this thing, but the actual Boston Dynamic ones are much more expensive. You go with a traditional robot dog for twenty nine dollars, but that ain't gonna do much for you, certainly not going to do the laundry. This thing though, for twenty thousand dollars. I just wonder if it even financially would make any sense.
Speaker 2: I don't know that it would.
Speaker 4: One of the things, so this robot self charges, which I think is hilarious. It like, when it gets low on battery, it knows where its charger is and it goes and plugs itself in and then when it's all charged up, I do that too. I'm guessing it just pulls the plug and it's like okay. By One of the other things that says is like boom box, use Neo as a mobile Bluetooth speaker anywhere in your home. That seems like the most basic bitch feature this thing has.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine going to the beach or something, got a robot Bluetooth speaker sitting next to you on a blanket on this Oh and I can't imagine that. Go into the park with Neo the robot. Oh god, it's all bad, but it's reality.
Speaker 2: So let's know what you think.
Speaker 1: Senaty dispatch at the news Junkie dot com Right now, quick break when we come back, I don't want you to panic r thing, but lab monkeys have escaped, right, Yeah, that's right, escaped lab monkeys on the loose. What's the story here? Why are people freaking out about this? And what's really happening?
Speaker 9: Is coming up next on the News junkie.
Speaker 1: Jamaica waking up to not the greatest situation obviously, after this hurricane walloped them this week and kind of just sat on top of Jamaica and spun over and over and over and over again. It was pretty bad and some of the stories look a bit dire in terms of what it looks like after this Category five Hurricane Melissa made landfall in Jamaica. Already, a lot of their homes aren't really built to a code that many of us would consider to be significant. And you know, being somebody who's gone to Jamaica before, I can tell you, like, you look at the houses and they're not ramshackle huts that we drove by when we were broadcasting live from Jamaica.
Speaker 2: But they're also not houses that would be up to code.
Speaker 1: And let's say Florida, it's just a different standard that they have for construction there. And a category five hurricane is bad, obviously.
Speaker 4: But they have I saw some of the footage that they were showing on Fox thirty five this morning, and a lot of it coming from the Fox like overall Fox Weather team and some of them out in Jamaica, and they were like some of these guys. They picked specifically this concrete house because they knew that the house would be like a nice and safe. But all of the windows just like we're crashing, and they had like to them like running through the house because some of the big sliding glass doors are just kind.
Speaker 1: Of toppled over and shadowed everywhere. That's scary, man, And that's what was happening. This is the article from the BBC says Jamaicans start to reveal devastation as hurricane causes floods, power cuts and splits the city in two. According to this, a lot of devastation in the wake of this.
Speaker 2: Hang on, let me knock that down sea lane. There you go.
Speaker 1: The true extent of Hurricane Melissa is still being revealed in Jamaica. Without power or phone coverage, much of the country is isolated and so information is trickling through.
Speaker 3: Oh hello, starlink can help you for a second here please.
Speaker 2: Now's the time.
Speaker 1: Three quarters of the country had no electricity overnight, three quarters of Jamaica. Seventy five percent of Jamaica had no electricity, while the numbers of people injured or perhaps dead haven't even begun to be counted. Many parts of Jamaica's western side are underwater and homes have been destroyed by strong winds after the hurricane tour across the island with strophic force as wind and rain lashed throughout the night. One local official said the destruction resembled the scene of an apocalypse movie, with communications crippled. The BBC says the true scale of the disaster remains unknown. They said, there is significant damage to hospitals, homes, businesses and obviously you got you know, trees uprooted all over the place. Winds were at one hundred and eighty five mile an hour miles per hour, so it was really really bad. You don't have a connection. You can't speak to the people you normally speak to. One woman said, there is water coming in through the roof of my house. I am not okay, So, you know, obviously not a good situation there after this Category five storm. Taking a look around at some of the footage that is eking its way through, this is just devastation in this part. Some of these uh just completely crashed the video for some reason right as I played it. Oh, hang on, I know I did that. I'll pop it back up. For those of you watching, you watch the show, by the way on YouTube and twitch dot.
Speaker 2: Tv slashing the news Junkie.
Speaker 1: There's some smaller houses that appear to be not very well made, as you can tell by just absolute debris left behind when a hurricane knocks them over. Like this, Flooding is everywhere in this particular neighborhood that we're looking at. It looks like a lot of power poles and stuff are down in this area too.
Speaker 2: Then somebody sent over.
Speaker 1: This is inside Cornwall Regional the hospital in Montego Bay, Jamaica.
Speaker 2: And this just ain't good.
Speaker 1: I mean, it is like the hospital is underwater. This gotta be a float all through, like the waiting rooms and stuff. The chairs are just surrounded in water. There's like a river rolling through the hospital itself.
Speaker 3: It's moments like these though, that you think the last hurricane with Tampa, remember, and the hospital had that giant barrier already set up, which essentially saved it from flooding like this, right. I don't know all the hospitals have something like that.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe they don't think it happens enough to make it worthwhile, but I bet they wish they had one now.
Speaker 2: I mean, like this place is just there's a.
Speaker 1: River running through this hospital in Montego Bay, Jamaica. Obviously, you can't keep a hospital or even running like this. Although the lights are on, I'll tell you the power is on in the room. They could probably might have some generators. Hospitals tend to keep those around. Yeah, I guess so, yeah, I guess so. It's quite bad as you could see from Montego Bay. I'll put this up on See It Now so everybody could take a peek since it's a visual Whenever you get a chance, go over to the website as per usual, and in the menu you'll see see it Now, and then you'll see some of the footage of just how bad this was out there in Jamaica, in Montego Bay. But it's still a situation where they don't necessarily have a full grasp, even a couple of days later, just how bad everything went, because it's that everybody's phones are down, the whole cell towers are down.
Speaker 2: To make a hospital flooded is.
Speaker 1: What I'm going to put here over on See It Now check it out on the Neewsjunkie dot com. That video is now up and available for you to take a peek at and it's something else. Go check that out the news Junkie dot Com in the see it Now section. All right, let's go to you. Let's work in some of your comments. You've got some things that you're saying to us. I did want to say real quick, there are more and more stories, and I guess this is just the news in America trying to do things with an American angle. But there's so many stories like Texas newlywed stranded in Jamaica, and like they're trying to make this about people from America that are over there instead of you know, who knows what's going on with all these people in Jamaica. The people in America are mostly at very very well built resorts that are going to hold up to this kind of weather. Thankfully, they're going to be okay. But it's like we can't tell the Jamaican people stories because you know, they're not American, and the Americans just won't understand their problems, I think.
Speaker 4: And another thing that I thought was kind of odd, and I just as I was walking through the hallway and one of the TVs is on and they had this guy on again, and I saw him on this morning, because the next place that Hurricane Melissa is set to hit is Bermuda. But by the time it gets to Bermuda, it has actually downgraded quicker than forecasted, and so when it gets to Bermuda, it's gonna be like Cat two.
Speaker 2: Or Cat one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they have a weather reporter ready in Bermuda talking about how Bermuda is preparing and the shot they got of this guy. Could we have picked a different location, a more appropriate location, wepriate He was on the most beautiful beach. It's like, it's like, we're gonna go from Jamaica to Bermuda and then right in front of crystal blue waters on a nice, calm, sunny Bermuda day.
Speaker 3: And then showing off to Jamaica. Once they see it, it is going to be so quick and so much easier than it was when it was slow and giant for.
Speaker 1: You tilt his head down and say I'm sorry at the beginning of the report you the juxtaposition was.
Speaker 2: A little awkward in my opinion.
Speaker 1: Beautiful over here Mike on YouTube says you're not in Rochester anymore.
Speaker 2: That station got blown up. But I love you all, I love the show.
Speaker 1: I listened on the iHeart app now and tip of the cap whoever chose that last rejoin by Ghosts, thank you, appreciate you, thank you for sticking with this, Mike, and if you are listening anywhere, it's always good for this exact reason to either subscribe on YouTube or to the podcast.
Speaker 2: You never know.
Speaker 1: Stations that were on all over the place. Sometimes they come, sometimes they go. It was a great station. We'd love all the people there. It was an awesome ride on Rochester. You could still check us out in Albany if you're in New York. I don't imagine your post always up to brother just retired. I guess, yeah, yeah, just retired at the beach.
Speaker 2: We's in there. It might be. Yeah.
Speaker 1: He was the legend at that station, was at that station for decades and decades and decades, this gap and then they just said, we you know what people want, rock music. They can't give that anywhere else. Technology is not going to stop that. I say to all of you program directors, and I know how many of you listen to this show. I don't say that to blow up my own ego. I say that because literally a lot of people in the industry listen to the show and have over the years, and I say to you, the only thing that is far enough from replaceable right now to be comfortable with is the spoken word format that you are listening to right now, Real human beings talking into microphone, building friendships through the airwaves and other ways, with people who are listening and working every single day.
Speaker 2: That's the thing that can't be replaced.
Speaker 1: The music they can get anywhere, They can literally get it anywhere.
Speaker 2: This not your robot can play it for you?
Speaker 1: Your robot can? We can your robot play this? I don't know if the robot could play the news junkie. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I would like for twenty thousand dollars better.
Speaker 3: I mean, you have any three robots to represent each of us.
Speaker 2: Come on, Neo the robot cut iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: You really should. Let's see we got to diver Steve talking about Neo the robot. Let's see what he says with his audio dispatch.
Speaker 10: Hey, good afternoon, news jackies. I just want to weigh in on that robot. Yeah, that's really cheap. But anybody remember when phones were real cheap? Sign up for line. We'll give you a free phone because the government and big business want to know where you're at and what you're thinking about buying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sounds fishy to me.
Speaker 3: Any rate just want to say, wiggle wiggle, pop.
Speaker 2: Up, you know what it could be. And I don't know this. I don't know this. I'm just full on speculating here.
Speaker 1: But what I've seen happen before is sometimes they put things in the marketplace, and they'll put them for a cheap price, and then when the interest arrives people really really want to get it, they'll go back and change the price. So in this case, they'd go twenty thousand dollars for the robot or five nine to nine a month, and then either that is a featureless one that you don't really want. You want the fifty thousand dollars model, or they just simply raised the price, like it costs a little more for production, so it's going to cost more to buy it.
Speaker 4: Or they say, you know, we have sold out of twenty thousand dollars robots, and now what we have left is forty thousand dollars robots.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, you got more expensive one.
Speaker 1: I don't recall if they did that with the cyber truck, but it might have been the case that they did that with the pricing of.
Speaker 2: The cyber truck when interest spiked.
Speaker 1: I know that they did this with when I was younger, the PT Cruiser they revealed and people raking a PT Cruiser. Look how cool this thing is. It's got a you can put a tent in the back of it and go camping.
Speaker 2: You can put your sturfboard on top. It's astounding.
Speaker 1: And then when they release it, everybody bought them all and they go, we are going to raised the price dramatically of this thing because people want it right.
Speaker 3: Now and everyone makes fun of it today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Now it didn't stand the test of time. I don't think now it really didn't stick with us.
Speaker 2: Let us know what you think. Send us a dispatch.
Speaker 1: Go over to thenewsjunkie dot com and hit record on your dispatch right now. Thank you, diver Steve. And one more real quick. Somebody's comparing the robot to Big Hero.
Speaker 11: Six, So to me, I haven't seen it yet. I'll check it out when I stopped driving. But the good for you the robot, it sounds better, the voice sounds like and also the description of it and how it works and all that sort of thing. It sounds exactly like Bamax from Big Hero six. Kind of does, so, I mean, check that out and compare the two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it kind of does.
Speaker 1: He's like a big, lovable, soft robot character.
Speaker 2: Looks like if the State Puff marshmallw Man was a robot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could see that. A lot of people emailing about this. Will work some of those in.
Speaker 2: And we'll get to these escaped lab monkeys.
Speaker 1: We're gonna be doing that shortly on the show when we come back the next episode with Sabrina. What's coming up on the next episode?
Speaker 3: What's coming on the next episodeisode, Some iconic TV costumes were sent to auction, and some rich nerds are about to have some very weird roleplay for play. If the world is a vampire, smashing Pumpkins wants it to suck on their new smoothie plus lollipops for your vagina, take my money. Maybe I'll nd so much more coming up on the next episode.
Speaker 1: And that is coming up next in the news Chunky.
Speaker 2: To the next episode in just a moment.
Speaker 1: Quick reminder, you can join us whatever's on your mind. You're angry, you're happy, you're sad, you're laughing. You agree, you disagree, You can join us with what we call it dispatch, record yourself sang just with Ceilan said I degree, and or declare bankruptcy or whatever with your dispatch that you record at the Newsjunkie dot com or email the show tips t ips Atthnewsjunkie dot com. We will get to those, as I said, in a bit, and to the Escape Lab monkeys. Right now, let's get into it. Let's do the next step episode, because there's a lot on TV and you can't possibly keep up with all of it, even though you should, because what else are you going to talk about?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's Danny Glover.
Speaker 5: Nice, It's time for the next episode with Sabrina Hey where.
Speaker 2: Smoke Weed?
Speaker 3: Hold up? The next episode brought to you by That Mortgage Guy Down, That Mortgage Guy Don dot com and the Home Loans Radio Show. Also big shout out for being one of the sponsors for the upcoming very soon Oh my god, less than twenty eight hours. Oh don't say, Sean Watson, are you ready to be crispy?
Speaker 1: I guess I'm I'm excited. I think we're gonna have a fun event. It's such a great venue. It's so beautiful. I can't wait to see people in costumes are dressed up.
Speaker 4: I had to force myself to go to bed last night because I was like just up honing in the material.
Speaker 2: I was typing away at the at the notes app, and.
Speaker 4: Then I got in bed and I was like, oooh, no thing all right.
Speaker 3: And if you're typing away and very confused when it comes to refinancing or buying your first dream home, stop doing that. Just type that mortgage guy don dot com. Do miss the mortgage guy.
Speaker 2: Dot com.
Speaker 3: Twenty seven years ago, nineteen ninety eight, Nicole Kidman.
Speaker 2: And this Tom Cruise Tom Clubruse.
Speaker 3: Tom Cruise is right two points for Sean and twenty seven years ago on this day, they got a settlement five hundred thousand dollars to be exact from London's Express now spipeer for an article that claimed both of them were.
Speaker 1: Yay.
Speaker 4: I thought it just claimed Tom was gay.
Speaker 3: Both gay and their marriage was a cover up.
Speaker 2: Wait, so there's a beard. A beard is what a beard is.
Speaker 1: When you're a guy, you're you're with a woman to pretend like you're not gay, that's a beard.
Speaker 2: Woman is the beard?
Speaker 3: Rightman, is the beard?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is there another version of that where if you're a woman who is gay and you're with a man to pretend like you're not, is that guy a beard too?
Speaker 2: Is that guy Amercan? I don't know. Okay, I have not.
Speaker 3: Heard of the official praising, but by all means, give it a googs and while you're there, also google lollipops for your vagina. Okay, there I said.
Speaker 2: It, and I have to incot meto of this.
Speaker 3: One, or do you? Because it's supposed to be for your health of the downstairs mix up, Corney Kardashian is behind it. Now you do have to ingest these orally. The lollipops also come in gummy form.
Speaker 2: Can fact that really needs to be specified?
Speaker 3: I think yes it does. Yes, it does.
Speaker 1: Record I guess when a man or when a woman is with a man who's gay to pretend they're not, it's a beard. And the opposite of that is called a purse.
Speaker 3: That makes sense because I use a backpack. Now I do have a lot of stuff. The lollipops also come in gummy form, contain a probiotic that helps combat things like bacterial vaginosis, the b the East infections, and aerobic vaginitis.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, Arabic.
Speaker 3: I don't know, it's not Arabic. The lallies are called very specific. You can grab that for me. Great, let me. Purr is the lollipop's name, and Courtney says, I love that these can turn daily self care into something sweet and simple. Wow, Courtney Carnanni.
Speaker 2: We also have.
Speaker 3: War that is over. We did it, guys, the war right you say condragulations.
Speaker 2: I stopped in the middle because the word exploded on me.
Speaker 3: Uh, the official White House execunts.
Speaker 2: You were saying country, that's my doing.
Speaker 3: The account is celebrated the end of the rivalry of.
Speaker 2: Mortal Combat Console.
Speaker 3: War Yeah, Expox with PlayStation Okay, so who won? I'm not completely sure. They just shared a strange AI image of Trump Ooh, never mind. They decided who they're gonna be, Like, what side it is? It was Trump as Halo's master chief and.
Speaker 2: Halo is Xbox Oh is it on?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I won?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They announced Microsoft being the remake of the original Halo game Combat Evolution. It's gonna launch around the time of those weird robots we talked about earlier in twenty twenty six for the Xbox series x slash S and PC no PlayStation, but they also confirmed the game would be coming to PlayStation for the first time in the franchise's twenty four year history. Many a months later, but things are coming together. I also want to throw this. It's not a flag on the field, but a flag. Nonetheless, Fortnite brought those consoles together years ago because that's the one place that I could Fortnite and be on the same team. Talk to my nubs in the lobby and they have Xbox, I have PlayStation.
Speaker 2: Can you do that? Also if you're just playing Fortnite on a cell phone?
Speaker 3: I believe so who does that?
Speaker 4: There's Fortnite on my television and I tried it all of for twenty minutes and I not like an old person.
Speaker 2: There's Fortnite on my television.
Speaker 3: App connected to the interwet.
Speaker 4: There's a rebos app or whatever my television has, and there's a Fortnite for it.
Speaker 2: Played it one time, goodbye, welcome.
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: Why I play games where we can just watch movies and this one I am curious about because Hollywood tends to as of late, not come up with any original ideas, just reboot and remake and redo the things that we grew up loving. But this one I think might be good as long as everyone's not pissed off that it's a woman. According to reports, Margot Robbie isn't talks to star in the remake. Oh, American Psycho. No, it's been a minute, according to this son.
Speaker 2: But I saw that this was fake news.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Is it the Sun?
Speaker 3: They never do fake news ever. The most reliable source on the side of Mississippi the Faith.
Speaker 1: They're on the other Yeah, they're on the other side. Well, it depends on how you look at.
Speaker 3: The game exactly. I don't know, flat, don't you.
Speaker 2: I just saw something about this.
Speaker 1: I saw Margot Roby attached to American Psycho, and then I saw something about fake news.
Speaker 3: But as far as Margot Robbie or American Psycho altogether.
Speaker 1: I saw that the people making American Psycho said they weren't going.
Speaker 2: To do a gender swap. That's what I saw. Oh, so, I don't know what you take away from that.
Speaker 3: But can we dump that mold?
Speaker 1: No, it's out there.
Speaker 2: It's Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: If American Psycho did a gender swap, that guy that deleted me on Facebook would lose his ever loving fader.
Speaker 3: And last name and outpost it for you instead. Uh, this is not fake news asterisk. But according to another report not from the Sun, a collection of classic TV show costumes just sold at a recent auction, And we're gonna play a game called Seelan and Sean try to guess how much it went for a I'm gonna nail this. We have Batman and Robins costumes worn by Adam West and Bert Ward on the nineteen sixties Batman series for how much?
Speaker 1: That's big?
Speaker 2: It's old? Is it bosore? It looks like it's hair.
Speaker 1: Really rich person puts this up as one big display item with the pair together. I am going to say, conservatively two hundred and fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: That is a guess, Christopher.
Speaker 2: Three hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give Selane the point. Five hundred and seventy five thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: How fat price is right in me?
Speaker 3: The Jokers costume worn by Sessa Romero on Batman, how much money?
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool too, but it's not.
Speaker 3: As good, I would say, warmer, not as good.
Speaker 2: One hundred and fifty thousand dollars, all right? Eighty thousand dollars two.
Speaker 3: Hundred twelve thousand dollars a tie outfits for.
Speaker 1: A flag on the field. I did not hear a ding noise.
Speaker 3: I can't play the TV set noise and the ding.
Speaker 1: Of the oh here you what is this low budget operation that we're engaged in.
Speaker 3: We put all of our budget towards the roast.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: Outfits for Batgirl, Catwoman, and the Penguin also sold for a combined amount.
Speaker 2: Of what three outfits and what were the names?
Speaker 3: Again, I'm sorry for all of the Batman costumes since so I don't have the oh oh oh, okay, so I'm gonna do an overall it's Batgirl, Catwoman, and the Penguin played by Burgess Meredith. All right, so I have a combined amount for all all Batman costumes.
Speaker 2: Go four hundred thousand dollars, way eight million dollars.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait you up.
Speaker 2: Dollars?
Speaker 3: No, absolutely, nine eighty nine thousand dollars. Batman's batter rang and Holster went for fifty k. Wonder Woman's costume, including the Lasso of Truth Warned worn by Linda Carter, went for two hundred and twenty five thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Uh question, tell me, tell me about this lasso of truth.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, you whip it, and whoever it lassos around has to tell the truth.
Speaker 2: That's all she has.
Speaker 3: No I thought she could fly and has an incredible.
Speaker 2: Flying is great, that's a great thing.
Speaker 1: But when she got when she gets her enemy, wonder, woman's got her enemy.
Speaker 2: Now she's face off with them.
Speaker 1: All she has at her disposal is a lasso that makes people tell the truth.
Speaker 3: And a semi automatic rival.
Speaker 2: Oh that'll be.
Speaker 1: That's better.
Speaker 3: Two of Phonsie's leather jackets worn by the man Henry Winkler. How much money?
Speaker 1: That's good? That's good?
Speaker 3: Two different prices? Surprisingly, are we going for just one of them?
Speaker 2: Are together? Two of them together?
Speaker 3: Whatever you want?
Speaker 4: Two of them together? One hundred thousand dollars, one hundred and one thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Both of you guys, Maybe write eighty seven thousand, five hundred dollars for one seventy five thousand for the other? Oh, math is not my forte herman Monster's costume.
Speaker 2: You didn't know that that's more than one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: I guess I just wanted to double check. I don't know exactly how many of hundreds of thousands of dollars got Who's feel good about that? How many times do I have to be bad at math for you to not make those jokes anymore? And everyone just is.
Speaker 2: That against how buy here as we go I have.
Speaker 3: Personally, Instead of roasting me, just give me math problems that entirely okay. Maxwell Smart's shoe phone shot thirty five thousand dollars on the boob Tube.
Speaker 1: If anybody plants a bomb somewhere and there's like a secret way to code it, just give Sabrina.
Speaker 3: A It's gonna cut all the wires. Obviously it's gonna blow up. Do you think that decoding a bomb includes a math problem?
Speaker 2: It could? It does depend what you mean if the bomb is placed at your house.
Speaker 3: I dropped two bombs this morning. I'm not talking about poop on the boob Tube. We got Game five series, I don't know. It could have been an actual Bombo fifth season finale. If Slow Horses on Apple TV, Star Wars Visions on Disney Plus, and you can catch Keegan Michael Key on KIM will follow your dreams of on Instagram at Sabrina, and but most importantly, they with me America, SMA.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Sabrina.
Speaker 1: You ever have a show where just the name you go, the name is not drawing me? In slow slow Horses, I mean it could be great.
Speaker 2: I don't have no idea.
Speaker 3: What's about five seasons and it's not series finale.
Speaker 2: That's something think about.
Speaker 4: If Mick Jaggers saying about those slow slow horses.
Speaker 2: I don't know what to do.
Speaker 3: That was good.
Speaker 2: I don't know it sounds boring, it does.
Speaker 1: I hate to say when we come back, it won't be boring because we're gonna be talking about escape lab monkeys.
Speaker 2: And apparently these were all fast monkeys.
Speaker 1: Imagine these monkeys were laced up with all sorts of problems unless you ask their handlers, who say, no, don't worry, nothing wrong here, totally fine. The escape lab monkey story coming up next in the News Junkie. Join us on the show with your dispatches, video or audio dispatches. Fire them our way over at the newsjunkie dot Com.
Speaker 2: As we talk about lab monkeys have escaped.
Speaker 1: I feel like I should be very scared about this, but for some reason, they're telling us that there's nothing to fear, no real problem here. Yeah, it's just lab monkeys escaping. Don't panic everybody. And I see the lab monkey getting out. It's a crash, an auto crash. And one of the lab monkeys was even captured escaping the wreckage. And these animals were initially reported to have been infected with some stuff.
Speaker 3: But they are sure us the plot of so many movies.
Speaker 1: They're assure us that there's nothing to be scared of, Sabrina. There is nothing to be scared of, just some monkeys on the loose that escaped from this lab vehicle any highway.
Speaker 3: What they were testing on them? Like, are we looking for fully made up, high end makeup monkeys or monkey with an arm coming out of its bag?
Speaker 1: You know, I don't like so many things about this story, but one of the things that's brutal to read is that these Reeseis monkeys. That's what kind of monkeys they were. That is still the lab. These Reeseis maccoq monkeys. They are the most studied, medically studied animals on the planet. These little monkeys really not miser rats, that's it says. The truck was carrying Raesis monkeys, which typically right way around sixteen pounds and are among the most medically studied animals on the planet. The video shows the monkeys crawling through tall grass on the side of I ninety five in Mississippi. The wooden Crates said, live animals. They're all over the place, the monkeys wandering around the local The Sheriff's department initially came out said, hey, folks, these escape lab monkeys. Here's what you need to know. First of all, they all have herpes and freak out everybody. Then they quickly said, sorry, sorry, we got it wrong.
Speaker 12: I swear.
Speaker 4: Is that because of the research or is that just like just generally speaking.
Speaker 2: Something that us up.
Speaker 3: If you run into one of those monkeys, please don't make love to it.
Speaker 1: No, don't do not do this. This this is an area where just in case test these monkeys out.
Speaker 2: I guess, and let me see it.
Speaker 1: There's a group of monkeys being transported on a mississippihighway to escape captivity after the truck carrying them overturned did not carry a dangerous infectious disease.
Speaker 2: At University has said, right totally.
Speaker 1: Video shows monkeys through the didn't carry a dangerous disease, just herpes.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't even believe this.
Speaker 1: I think it was more to it because you know what they did. Don't like this either, not a big fan. The local sheriff's department initially said the monkeys were carrying diseases, including herpes, but they went back on that and said the monkeys had not been exposed to any infectious agent. Right totally. All but one of the escape monkeys were killed. Oh, the sheriff's department said in a post on.
Speaker 3: Catch them put a bat.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. They said the monkeys were aggressive. Maybe the monkeys were aggressive because they escaped the lab where you were poking and prodden and studying them. Yep, you gave the monkeys herpes question mark allegedly.
Speaker 2: I don't know that. I believe what's going on here.
Speaker 1: They were being housed at the Tulane University National Biomedical Research Center in New Orleans, which routinely provides primates to scientific research organizations. They said, And see we could find the Facebook page to see if Jasper County Sheriff's Department has posted more about this. Because they're going back and forth from they got herpes, they got coved, they're infected ass monkeys to no worries they're all good and we've just we just.
Speaker 2: Decided to annihilate them.
Speaker 4: Okay, Now, which Jasper County we're talking about?
Speaker 2: What state?
Speaker 1: Jasper County, Mississippi. I believe that's the list, third on the list of Jasper counties. That's the best they can do.
Speaker 2: A bunch of yeah, and you're new.
Speaker 1: Oh, hold on, they were being no, they were being housed at the Tulane University of New Orleans. They sent them to this other place in Mississippi. So Jasper County, Mississippi.
Speaker 4: Yeah, says non human primates at the Tulane National Biomedical Research Center are provided to other research organizations to advanced scientific discovery. The primemates in question belong to another entity and are not infectious. We are actively with local authorities and will send a team of animal care experts to assist as needed.
Speaker 1: That is the statement released by Tulane. All right, that's twu Lane. I wonder if they deleted it, because I'm trying. I don't even see anything about the monkeys on Jasper County Sheriff's office. And you know what, you I think you're right ceiling. There's a problem because there's a lot of Jasper County.
Speaker 3: I actually one Facebook post from a Jasper County police department that says, oo e oo ah oh, I don't want to bring that.
Speaker 2: Could be it that this?
Speaker 1: I think this is the same statement se Lane just released. This is Tulane has released the statement below. The driver the truck told law enforcement the monkeys were dangerous and posed the threat to humans. So the driver of the truck. It sounds like like in a movie. The driver's like the lab monkeys, they're dangerous. Make sure everybody's as safe as possible. And then afterwards they go, no, everything's fun.
Speaker 2: It was fine.
Speaker 3: Come on, just don't touch them please.
Speaker 1: They said, no big deal at all. Do they have their initial statement? This is an update. Three monkeys are still on the loose after being able to get inside the truck and get a correct count. All but one of these eight monkeys have been destroyed.
Speaker 2: Destroyed is the word that you use. I don't know why. I think that's better than killed.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Here's the actual original post. A rec occurred on I fifty nine. The monkeys carry hepatitis, sea herpes, and COVID. The trifecta baby hepsy, herpes and COVID. Tu Leane University has been notified. We'll send a team to pick up the mounkey tomorrow.
Speaker 2: So we don't know.
Speaker 3: Four monkeys, that's a lot to have in one body.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they said nothing is in them.
Speaker 1: They're totally fine. They don't have any of these problems. I don't know who to believe here. Nancy on Facebook says, run monkeys, run, rooting for the monkeys as I am too, Like only one is left and maybe they got to that one too.
Speaker 3: I hope they are actually clean though. Now we're going to have a monkey animal wild animal epidemic of hepsy and herpies.
Speaker 2: That sounds bad, all right.
Speaker 1: I'm no scientists, but that sounds like a bad thing to have out there.
Speaker 2: The lab monkeys.
Speaker 1: You either have to be incredibly worried about them or it's no big deal. I'm sorry, I just don't know. I don't know what the truth is in the story. You can tell us what you think. Send us a dispatch over at thenewschunky dot com. Right now. An email coming in from David who says, my dad is a retired research scientist and actually worked a long time ago with the monkeys at Tulane University. I used to see them all the time. Around the facility. Things were cool, but we definitely never knew. We definitely knew to never go near the cages or mess with the safety equipment when my brother and I were screwing around when nobody was looking. Have a great roast, much love and thanks for keeping us entertained, says David.
Speaker 2: Thank you David for the email.
Speaker 1: You too can join us on the show with an email dispatch whatever. If you want to be anonymous, put that up on top and fire off whatever your thoughts are to tips. That's tips tips at thenewsjunkie dot com. All right, quick break and back with more in just a moment on the show. When we return, we'll get geared up for the next episode we are. I'm sorry the next episode Jury Duty. I apologize forgot what hour it was. I'm distracted and I do have a story that we need to get into. Everybody loves to rib Sabrina with the movie past stories. Because she's not very fond of the company.
Speaker 3: I'd like to be a complete Nutter rip off and scam.
Speaker 1: She was a founding subscriber. I think one of the early adapters certainly.
Speaker 3: An investor because they took all my money and I saw one movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, movie Pass pulled the rugout on everybody. And then we heard the other day like, hey, movie Pass is making a comeback and you can invest in movie Pass. And I thought the website was fake. I literally thought it was fake because when you go to the website, there was like eight million dollars that had been donated to movie Pass, and all of the things that they were giving, as you know, prizes or whatever for people who had big donations, were.
Speaker 2: Dumb, like lunch with the CEO.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I'm supposed to be impressed with that, but I.
Speaker 2: Really don't care that much.
Speaker 1: And there was a couple other things like you could go to this event with the CEO. It's a lot of stuff with the CEO when they had raised millions and millions of dollars. And now we're hearing i'll just work this in here so we could talk about it a bit. Now we're hearing that the company that has by the bought this movie Pass or the remainders of it, has decided what they're going to do. And I don't know what to make of this, but they've now opened this up for everybody, It says, movie Pass opens fantasy league game Mogel. All right, that's what movie passes like. Moving forward, it's a fantasy league game called Mogul, it says Mogal. The new fantasy film studio platform created by movie Pass launched out of private beta. According to the company, the platform is now available as public beta for everybody. Designed specifically for the Hollywood industry. Players own their own film studio and draft the team of actors, directors, and movies to earn points based on their performance.
Speaker 4: Oh see, that's interesting, But I'm initially hesitant because it's tied to the name movie Pass exactly.
Speaker 3: And how are they allowed to have anything tied to their name, just like Billy McFarlane, like totally cool after spending time in prison to launch Firefest too.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I thought there was something in a place in our laws that if they scam to people, let's stop them from doing that again.
Speaker 2: Well, they're not calling anything movie Pass. It looks like it's called Mogul. It just looks like the thing is called Mogul. But that's what they've.
Speaker 1: Launched, where it's like fantasy football, but for Hollywood directors.
Speaker 2: Actors, all of that stuff.
Speaker 1: They said it's open for about four hundred thousand users on the waiting list. About five thousand have tested this out. After you create a name for your studio, you get a budget of one million Mogul coin, the virtual cut currency that they use. You then assemble your team. For example, sequel Wicked for Good is one hundred thousand dollars and the actresses Cynthia Arivo and Ariana Grande are twenty five thousand dollars each. Director John m che is twenty five thousand dollars. You have a week to finalize your choices, and you can make two free swaps each week, so you just like buy the movies with your budget, you buy the actors with your budget, and it's fantasy football for movies.
Speaker 4: Like I said, it's kind of an interesting, even sort of cool idea.
Speaker 2: It's just like, oh, it's movie pats. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And they said they have a new fantasy millionaire every week.
Speaker 2: But what does that mean. Is a fantasy millionaire an actual millionaire by virtue of the name.
Speaker 4: I'm a fantasy millionaire time, I'd like to sound up to be a real million Every morning I wake up and I'm a fantasy millionaire. It's just I fantasize about it, uh for just lee little bit, and then I have to get on with my actual, not millionaire life.
Speaker 1: Congratulations everybody who is talking about this, you can go check it out. Mogul is the name of this, launched by what used to be Movie Pass.
Speaker 2: Is it going to be a big hit? Let us know what you think. I don't know it is. It's not the worst idea I've ever heard.
Speaker 3: Someone else should do it. They don't deserve it.
Speaker 1: It feels a little targeted at me, honestly, because I'm like, it feels like they said, hey, do you feel incredibly left out of everybody playing fantasy sports because you don't really watch sports, but you'd still like to do some kind of fantasy sports type thing, introducing Mogul where the fantasy sport is movies at the theaters, and the actors and actresses are the players on your team.
Speaker 2: Can you already?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: It doesn't it's not clear whether they've indicated that there's going to be any way to put your own money into this and like bet on who's winning the Fantasy Mogul League or whatever. But just like outside of this story. Can you already bet on box office scores like in Calshi or Polymarket, I don't know that you You probably.
Speaker 1: Can't, but I don't know. You'd have to look that up. It does if this changes your mind or anything. It does exist at Mogul dot Moviepass dot com.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 3: Gaslip by an entire company.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they still are kind of rocking the name one hundred thousand dollars prize pool.
Speaker 2: The season is beginning.
Speaker 1: Now, what happens if I click play now? That brings me to Mogul Game dot Movie Pass Fantasy Studio. Play now go off on my screen if you don't mind real quick, let's see if I just log in. Because people were asked how much does like Chet Hanks costs?
Speaker 2: I'd be interested if they had like people. If you get this thing, yeah you really.
Speaker 1: Get something going? All right, I'm creating my studio.
Speaker 4: There is a culshy bet on top us Netflix movie this week, and uh House of Dynamite still looking pretty decent.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, right, I got a budget of one million coins and a blockbuster movie is one hundred thousand dollars supporting actors five thousand dollars. They might not just have every everybody you might have to pick like main stars or something. Uh yeah, it looks pretty basic. Pick from the studio, view the calendar.
Speaker 2: Well, check it out.
Speaker 1: Tell us what you think, or tell us if you're never going to play it because you hate movie pass and they're stealing money from people again somehow, the choice is yours. Check that out over on I'll link it, actually, i'll link it up on see it now on the website. In just a moment, when we come back, we'll hear from a We won't hear from her. Actually, unfortunately, this woman is not with us any longer she was. That was her quote. That was her final quote. I'm a woman and I'm bad. This woman was left behind by a cruise ship and she ended up dying. And the story behind what went down here is insane. And we'll share this with you. We'll talk about this and get into the details because it's coming up next on the news.
Speaker 12: Chunkie.
Speaker 1: We're so excited for the roast at Judson's Live at the Doctor Phillips Center. The illustrious, beautiful Doctor Phillips Center surprised that they would have us number one, and that they would be so eager to start talking about having more of these in the future. Already we were like, I don't know, Hey, hang on, let's see if we can pull this off. Let's see how this goes. But this event, for those of you who are lucky enough to go, is going to be a blast. Some things you might want to know real quick. I'll get the final update of the website up today. I promise the Newsjunkie dot Com slash roast. I've been swamped with things, so I've been able to do that. But the event is sold out doors open. I believe it's seven o'clock is what we're shooting for, which is an hour before the roast actually starts. And the reason why we wanted to do that was because, and we're not blowing smoke up your ass here.
Speaker 2: Legitimately, this is a beautiful.
Speaker 1: Very very nice venue to be in and for you to go there like an hour early makes it so you can enjoy some food and get a drink or something.
Speaker 3: And we want to understand seven is when not only do you have access to the food and drink you speak of, but I believe you will be able to find your seats. We may even open that lobby with around six six thirty. So yeah, just don't get blocked up from immediately.
Speaker 1: Yeah you want to take it easy, but get yourself on doing Zone perfect Zone.
Speaker 3: You won't remember the whole thing.
Speaker 1: And that way would be like primed to laugh for the roast event and the whole thing is filmed for a special that we're putting together. We have some amazingly talented friends, we really do on this show. We've run into some people, including Forrest who Forrest is a listener of the show, and I think we ran into him when we did our brunch bus for an event we were doing. They filmed, he filmed it like the ride there and back, and immediately I was like, this guy's shockingly good. Like, this guy is a high level at what he's doing. He will be centering the video production here. He really really knows how to make stuff look they.
Speaker 3: Moved away, more like, hey, can you just come back for a second and film everything we do from now on?
Speaker 1: Uh huh please if you don't mind, we would love this. So Forrest will be there filming. Austin who I met so many years ago, who built the first ever iteration of my studio and then built everything since that we'll be running audio and lights at this.
Speaker 2: Event, and obviously all the people.
Speaker 1: Who we know who are funny enough to be part of something like this, and it's sort of like we haven't been able to do this before in a way when we get to flex how talented all these people are that are attached to the show, and I think it's gonna be a fun, fun time. Will will have a good time. And people are going like, why do you look calm? Why aren't you really nervous? If you think I'm very sensitive about things like this, you're not really connecting with me because I'm not. I don't get bothered by I love stuff that's funny.
Speaker 2: I love jokes that are are dark.
Speaker 1: I like taking shots at people, like when people take shots at me. For the most part, I like that kind of stuff. And I also am super excited for us all to create this special together.
Speaker 2: And if I have to be the dummy who takes the shots first, that's fine. If it's successful. On the other side of it, there'll be other people.
Speaker 3: You're taking some shots. There's a lot of animation.
Speaker 2: Oh me, Yeah, of course, of course.
Speaker 1: And and I would be a fool if I wasn't ready to fire back a little bit, but I'm there to have fun. I'm there to laugh, and I think that you are gonna have a blast and.
Speaker 2: You'll be able to.
Speaker 1: I don't know about you, guys, I'm pretty sure you're on board with this, but I want to speak for you Suburn and Zealand. I love when we do events which we don't do as many as we used to, seeing everybody interact with each other and seeing the communities on communities on communities that have built around this show. For sure, it's so awesome and this will be a great opportunity. Some of you have never been to an event before. Our going to be out there tomorrow night for this event. It's gonna be a blast. Tracy on Twitch says Tom van Is, madd you didn't ask him to do a roast.
Speaker 2: I gotta tell you.
Speaker 1: I I wanted to reach out to Tom and Dan and asked them if they wanted to do the roast, but I didn't think that they were going to be available for this, and then I just end up.
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't end up reaching out. I should have.
Speaker 1: I should have because they would be They're both hilarious. Maybe next time, Maybe next time. If they're not also space. Yeah, it's not.
Speaker 2: It's not the biggest venue. It's a very exclusive event.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be awesome about one hundred and fifty of our closest friends, and it is going to be something that I think is part of the show's history. And I'm excited for that and I'm ready, well not really ready, but I'll be ready soon. Chris, No, but I mean jokes lies my rebuttal. Why making sure everything's in line wise? But are you going to take notes there?
Speaker 3: I'm sure you you can't. That's a surprise, Okay, bitch.
Speaker 2: Is it like weirdly sized or saying nothing?
Speaker 3: It is a surprise. It's part of the Rose bro Please, I am not a part of the road.
Speaker 1: Actually allowed, Please tell me this isn't like all the furniture I've ordered in the past where it arrives and you're like, wait, hold.
Speaker 3: On, it's a great throne. A king has sat upon it. For sure.
Speaker 2: I sat on it, and it is comfortable. I did.
Speaker 4: I did sort of joke internally here that I hope it's uncomfortable just because you have to sit.
Speaker 2: There all night. I know I thought about it, but it is. It is very cushy.
Speaker 1: This is important the question I'm about to ask you, and I want you to.
Speaker 3: Be honest with me, and I don't know if I can answer, but go ahead.
Speaker 1: This is gonna be on video and it'll be something that hopefully people watch for a long time to come, very high quality.
Speaker 2: Probably are my feet going to touch the ground? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, because if this was some oversized chair and you make me look like a little puppet on it, in my feet are dangling above the ground for the entire like a kid in a restaurant or or something.
Speaker 3: Five eleven on me.
Speaker 2: I'm not five eleven. I'm six foot.
Speaker 1: I'm not and I'm not measuring myself because I don't want to see if that's gone down over the years.
Speaker 2: It's just too sad for me to imagine.
Speaker 3: Here. Am I going to bring measuring set to tomorrow?
Speaker 2: No, not doing that.
Speaker 1: There's no interactive elements here, prank monkey stuff.
Speaker 2: Ain't having what's wrong with this chair? Tell me?
Speaker 3: Chair is straight? And you're welcome because you see you a damn throne. You want a throne. I found your throne.
Speaker 1: There are a lot of thrones out there. I could have gotten the throne too. This was a good deal on a throne.
Speaker 3: And it's a great throne.
Speaker 2: I saw a picture of it. Though. Yes it's tiny, isn't it.
Speaker 3: It's really you're gonna have to find out tomorrow.
Speaker 1: At the time, still looks like Will Ferrell at elf on this thing, aren't I it's gonna be big man man on a little chair, fat man on a little throwne.
Speaker 4: Jesus, fat man on a little thrown God.
Speaker 1: Damn it, man, I don't want this river all right here we got. Let's talk about this woman left behind by a cruise ship. Believe it or not, the details on this are as true as they are unhinged. And this was a woman who was on a cruise ship, on the Coral Adventurer, and she was on the Great Barrier reef.
Speaker 2: The woman is eighty years old.
Speaker 1: So they go on this island, I guess, and there's a resort there in various other things. The ship left the island, which is called Lizard Island. Let's see what we could find out about Lizard Island if that's out there. And they didn't notice that the woman wasn't with him.
Speaker 2: They just left and they didn't notice.
Speaker 3: That the woman was was she a lizard for a small woman there and oh.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll have to find out together. The crew thought she had fallen overboard a helicopter jumped in and then finally they found her body on Lizard Island.
Speaker 2: They had left her behind. It was the.
Speaker 1: It was the first stop of an eighty thousand dollars cruise.
Speaker 3: It like a little AirTag.
Speaker 1: You can get no no, no left to die by this cruise. An eighty year old Australian one was found dead on a Great Barrier Reef Island. She had been hiking Lizard Island, north of Cairns. I hope I'm saying that right. The ship left the island around sunset or returned several hours later. After the crew realized the woman was missing, a major search operation found her body on Sunday morning, though details have been released, This does happen. They tell you, guys have been on cruises. Right, you go on a cruise, they'll tell you you need to be back on the ship at this time.
Speaker 3: We're leaving your ass.
Speaker 2: It ain't a joke.
Speaker 1: There are compilations of people running down the dock after the cruise ship, and there are more people in the world than you.
Speaker 2: Despite your main character syndrome.
Speaker 1: In some cases, there are more people in the world than you, and the whole ship is not waiting because you wanted to stay at Buffalo Pize's a little bit longer.
Speaker 3: Now, riddle this, will the whole boat wait? If it's you a group before, you haven't gotten there in time?
Speaker 4: I think they wait if you book an excursion through the cruise line. I think that's usually one of the things that they guarantee to sort of entice you to spend your money with them even further and not book some sort of two bit excursion. Also, more than enticing you, it's to scare you away from the other hand, like go you go scuba diving with them?
Speaker 2: Sure, have fun, enjoy your Steve Scuba Steve is going to be a great time.
Speaker 1: What was the name of the restaurant, I just said, Buffalo Buffalozza or.
Speaker 2: Senior Frogs. Yeah, that's what I was going for. Senior Frogs. Yeah, Buffalo Pizza is.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: You can have that idea though, if you're if you're out there and you're an entrepreneur. Buffalo trademark, Buffalo Chicken Wings all Buffalo themed. All of the servers dress up with head dresses and stuff like Buffalo Bill.
Speaker 2: Wait, hold on, that's different.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's different that I tucked in and did that dance?
Speaker 1: Would you do me? I do me that? Yeah? That that gun?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: Uh so this woman that pizza is even better coconut h He is the guy who wrote plag.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's Jimmy Buffett's.
Speaker 2: Number one enemy. Yeah, could move.
Speaker 3: This radio thing doesn't work. Restaurants name in restaurants.
Speaker 2: Okay. This woman is is no longer with us.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, she ended up dying on this island and now there's a huge investigation underway to figure out exactly what happened to her.
Speaker 2: They knew she was dead when they saw her.
Speaker 1: Because she wasn't moving and she was just clearly like a face down on the island, and they said, everybody, come back from the search. They found her with a chopper and they sent the experts in there to get the eighty year old woman on the first stop of her eighty thousand dollars. Crews, we're at the quick break. When we come back, we have jury duty for you. In Jury duty. They blew some more drug boats up allegedly, and we'll talk about that.
Speaker 2: In jury duty.
Speaker 1: We've also got some other big updates on stories we've been following for quite some time. Before too long, we have to get to what's going to happen with these benefits. And the worst idea I have ever heard in my life is before jury duty.
Speaker 9: Coming up next on the news, Chunkie.
Speaker 1: More feedback coming in a moment, dispatches and emails.
Speaker 2: Little tidbit for you though.
Speaker 1: First, you know that game we talked about the other night, this game at Dodger Stadium that went on for eighteen innings, all right, eighteen innings, you know, the World Series game went on for eighteen innings, And they said the strange thing was the national anthem was done by Brad Paisley, the country singer, and he has done the national anthem for the two longest games of all time.
Speaker 2: I think they were both eighteen innings, right, yeah, I think so. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And he also says it was Paisley who performed the anthem for three memorable and long World.
Speaker 2: Series contests in Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: A game in twenty seventeen that went eleven innings, a game in twenty eighteen that went eighteen innings, A game in twenty twenty four that went ten innings and now another eighteen inning game. So if Brad Paisley rips the lead to Star Spangled banner on the guitar, chances are that game is going to be going for a very long time.
Speaker 2: A very strange stat for him to be the proud owner of.
Speaker 1: The latest game was the Toronto Blue Jays beating the LA Dodgers six to two. The series is now tied at two to two. In the sports world, and I am just glued in. I've never been more excited about baseball self. No, it's a call him, mister Moore, baseball hill name. I mean, there's too much baseball, though, isn't there.
Speaker 2: It's like there's a.
Speaker 3: Game that goes on to three o'clock in the morning. Is too much baseball?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That's baseball?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. I think it's okay. You know, I can't really say I haven't been to a baseball game in a long time. Maybe it's a blast now, Maybe I just totally missing out here. I do know this before, Jerry Didy, there are bad ideas, and then and there are really really really really really bad ideas. And this is what I would call a really really really bad idea that they're working on in Saudi Arabia. They are about to unveil, well, they have unveiled the designs for it. The first ever in the world sky stadium that they want to have together for the twenty thirty four World Cup game. No thank you, no thank you, the first ever sky stadium. The stadium is on the top of a skyscraper.
Speaker 3: And also has one end of said stadium sticking out.
Speaker 1: One end of the stadium is like jutted out, because you know, the stadium is wider than the top of the building.
Speaker 2: The stadium is on top of this building.
Speaker 1: Forty six thousand is the capacity forty six thousand people in a stadium on the top of a skyscreen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and will survive.
Speaker 1: And and like if somebody hits let's say it's baseball. I know they're going to do soccer stuff. But if somebody hits a home run right out of there and down onto the ground, I guess it will be a top a skyscraper. Some people saying that's badass. I don't know if I could do it. Can you imagine those bleed seats in the stadium on top of a skyscraper.
Speaker 2: No, I wonder if.
Speaker 4: There'd be a difference in price between the seats that are jutted out away from the building versus the ones that seem to be more in the building.
Speaker 1: I would want there to be pay a premium to be over the building. I think it would be freaky to not be. Somebody says, so are we good with Saudi Arabia? Now, well, I don't know. This is not a comedian thing. This is a soccer hilarious and it is very bizarre to even look at. This is where we're at the I building a stadium on top of a sky scraper.
Speaker 2: Would you go?
Speaker 1: Would you attend an event in one of these? The first sky stadium let us know that seems like a bad idea.
Speaker 4: It is above the desert, so you wouldn't have to worry about it filling up with rain. There's one small I guess silver lining.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a fair point. I didn't think about that yet.
Speaker 3: Underneath the stadium, is that just your nine to five?
Speaker 1: Yep? Yep, Yeah, there's there's just a regular gigs up underneath that. There's a roof over part of it, but it's not fully covered. It's still open to the air, and it is freaky to consider, but there it is. Check it out. Actually, I'll put this up.
Speaker 2: On see it now. Give me a moment to screenshot this and put this up on the website.
Speaker 3: Hell no, image.
Speaker 1: I couldn't do it. I would be very uncomfortable. I think it just seems like I'd be thinking about the whole time. Hey, I'm floating up in the air right now on top of a building in a stadium. I might give it a couple of years, you know, see see that it survives for a little bit before going out there.
Speaker 2: Read some of the reviews. You know, is it rickety?
Speaker 3: That height, the oxygen is different, is it not.
Speaker 2: It's at least a little different.
Speaker 4: I mean it might make whatever sports you're playing up there a little harder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean the thing that stands out to me is just the idea that what if they play we will rock you or something, and everybody's like, I would actively encourage people not to do that.
Speaker 3: Where I on top of this thing, this is a gust of wind and the whole place will do that weird sway thing they ensure is only because they don't want the building to crumble.
Speaker 1: Yeah, would you do it? Let us know send us a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 2: The ESPN says it's not happening. They said it's not open. Saudi Arabia says this is our first skuy stadium.
Speaker 1: The neom em. Now they might it's not real now just for the record.
Speaker 4: No, they might be referring to the fact that they're calling it a World Cup stadium.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, it's it's so.
Speaker 1: They are working on stadium's plan for construction because they're going to be hosting the twenty thirty four World Cup in Saudi Arabia, and this is one of the concept videos for the potential designs as far as I can tell.
Speaker 2: That they're going to do.
Speaker 1: But it could never come to fruition, right, I mean, it might be impossible to build to begin with. But we'll see. All right, here we go. Let's do jury duty. Uh oh hang on now, court.
Speaker 5: Is now in session, so pret your phone down and paid attention before we call the bailiff over to whip your ass. You're knowing jury duty with the News Junkie.
Speaker 1: Some weird stories today. Jury Duty brought to you by the one the only mo de Wits of the Wit Law firm injured on the go, just call Mo and if you are coming to the Roast event, Mo has provided some stuff in a small gift bag along with you know, your your ticket to the venue. You'll be able to get some things, some exclusive merch that.
Speaker 2: You won't be able to get anywhere else.
Speaker 1: Also, we will be telling a limited amount of shirts at the event, some exclusive merch just for the event. They just arrived about thirty or forty minutes ago and we'll be getting those out for you if you're going to be attending, very very cool design. I think you're going to love it. But we thank Mo for being a supporter of the show. Now you know eight hundred Calmo, eight hundred Camo or just Calmo dot com.
Speaker 2: So you guys, I don't know if you are for this.
Speaker 1: I really don't know if you have is This story kind of bothered me a little bit this morning because I started thinking about it a lot. So there's a California guys grandfather right seventy two years old and he ended up dying at a hotel and family went to check in on him. What's going on with this guy? Everything's going and waiting? Do you hear the scene waiting. Do you hear what went down? There's a lawsuit now, that's why I'm talking about it. In jury duty, It says a lawsuit filed earlier this month and Santa Clara County Superior Court was filed by family members of Los Angeles resident Terrell Johnson, seventy two years old. They alleged that there was a scalding hot shower at this hotel he was at in San Jose that led to his death.
Speaker 2: Here we go, buckle up.
Speaker 1: A veteran of the US Marine Corps or Marine Corps, Johnson made the six hour drive to San Jose with his family to see his gymnast granddaughter graduate from San Jose State University. After arriving at the Fairfield, that's the hotel where they were staying, the seventy two year old opted for a shower that was a bit hot, you might say. Johnson's grandson went to check on Grandpa, going on, how are you doing. He was found unresponsive, partially submerged in a bathtub and water so hot family members were unable to immediately pull him out.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, full broiled.
Speaker 1: They couldn't give him CPR because the water on his body was so hot it.
Speaker 2: Was burning them. What that's what was happening to them?
Speaker 1: They?
Speaker 3: I mean absolutely nutsman, And forgive me. Did you say he was taking a shower. He was taking to shut himself for a bath, and as soon as he dipped in dead.
Speaker 1: He was going into the shower to you know, wash himself up to get ready for this event. The scalding shower water was as hot as one hundred and thirty six degrees. Right, one hundred and thirty six degrees. And here's one of the brutal lines.
Speaker 2: That's rare.
Speaker 1: Yeah, struggling to render life saving measures. Court documents claim family members quote were forced to watch in horror, has his.
Speaker 2: Skin peeled away from his right. I'm just telling you what the truth is. That's what it is.
Speaker 3: What's the method called learning that you suv.
Speaker 1: Souvetum sovetom at one hundred and thirty eight degrees. Plumbing code for California says it shouldn't be any hotter than one hundred twenty degrees. They said this was one hundred and thirty six degrees. And they're suing the hospital or the hotel. I should say that's pretty crazy.
Speaker 3: That's going to change super forever for that family.
Speaker 2: How would you just let's fall down?
Speaker 3: Though we're no person, That's what happens.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: If I'm in this shower and I get hit with the scalding hot water, I feel like I would just jump out of the shower.
Speaker 3: But you do that and then you slip knock your head and you're now filling up.
Speaker 2: The tub with yeah.
Speaker 4: Or maybe he was rushing to the shower controls to turn it off and then slipped and he's just melting and they said shock man, any number of things.
Speaker 1: It's like the McDonald's coffee lawsuit kind of h he's cooked. How dare you guys?
Speaker 2: How he was cooked?
Speaker 1: He was literally Terrell Johnson seventy two years old, the family suing.
Speaker 2: Do they deserve a payout?
Speaker 1: Let us know what you think, said us a dispatch at the news Junkie dot com. Students at East Carolina University are in trouble. Would they do well? Two students are facing charges after participating in a prank that has been going viral. The frank you and the prank involves walking into dorms without any permission.
Speaker 2: Somebody of these pranks are just crime. The old trespassing prank.
Speaker 1: You think sometimes when you get busted doing something.
Speaker 2: You're like, ah prank.
Speaker 1: Eighteen year old's Olivia Federol and Willow Osborne were arrested. The two women broke into rooms. They said they were mimicking a TikTok trend where you walk into other students dorm rooms without permission. The police said, nope, that is breaking and entering, ma'ams, and you find yourself under risk. Yeah. I don't know if that's going to pay off for them, but they certainly they gave it a shot there.
Speaker 4: And my news video just dropped. I just do a bunch of B and e's. This little b and E video, it's the native TikTok prank.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't don't do that.
Speaker 1: Please, don't don't.
Speaker 3: Engage some murder for you, Part three brutal.
Speaker 1: All right, when we come back with a whole another hour for you on the show. The New York Times with a very strange article that I really want to dive into. On Halloween, Houston is freaking out because they think they might have a by you creature monster wandering around the city of Houston, Texas right now. It's the next generation of bigfoot folks. The buy You creature wandering around Houston, what's happening with that? And the latest on the battle over these food stamps.
Speaker 2: Some interesting developments there. It's all but up.
Speaker 1: Next in the news Junkie join the show with a dispatch that you record video or audio dispatches. Keep those video dispatches coming so we can test things out over at thenewsjunkie dot com. This is one of the most shared stories today. I am not making this up, just in case you were wondering, and it is absolutely one of the more popular stories, I would say, in fact, in the last couple of weeks. And it's on the New York Times website right, and it says, literally, have Halloween decorations become too scary? And they're taking some shots here at Sea Lane. Even it says the skeletons are taller. He's got a big a skeleton in his front yard. But being tall alone doesn't make it scary. I mean, this is an eye of the beholder kind of thing. It depends on what you think is scary. Yeah, I mean a lot of this stuff is pretty scary.
Speaker 4: You think, like Gore is scary, that you know then you're that you're and you're writing this article, you're more likely to reference stuff like this. But just because something's twelve feet tall doesn't make it's scary.
Speaker 3: When I saw a twelve foot tall skeleton with a pilgrimsat on hold a turkey, that's not that scary.
Speaker 2: Let's see if we can agree on this.
Speaker 1: Do we all agree that it seems that things have gotten more aggressive with Halloween decorations and stuff.
Speaker 2: Over the last ten years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I think it's so you don't think it's like you don't think it's more like shocking stuff. There's just more stuff that you can buy overall.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's the because growing up and I don't know, I guess maybe I speak for myself, but I saw a lot of very gruesome scary setups as far as Halloween decorations, But that wasn't something you can just go by. Greativity was involved. Oh my gosh. There was one house we always went to where it was like the strobes and fog, but also a witch holding someone's head and the guts were falling out and people were hanging from the tree and whatever else. That I was truly frightened as a child, But that took creativity on the person's part.
Speaker 1: I don't like it's hard for me to remember exactly what the decorations were like when I was a kid. But I really don't think they were as aggressive as bloody, as much like crime scenes as But like, for instance, Courtney was out earlier and she sent U, hang on, I'll bring it up. The neighbors have some display and this is just like a simple one. They got the terrifire out there on the porch, and they got you know, penny wise from it, and they got like some spooky clowns on their front porch. There there's another neighbor that has And this is a trend I see all over the place.
Speaker 2: The garage doors scary things. Oh that's a good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you get a big print on your garage door, and it's like a murder happening, or somebody being squished by the garage door, or.
Speaker 4: Just like the the clown like looking peering up from it. It looks like the garage half open.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like looking out.
Speaker 1: And now the New York Times says, have Halloween decorations become too scary. The skeletons are taller, the witches seem to be more lifelike. And the blood and gore is more plentiful. And I'll get into this in a second, but I will tell you if you look up old Halloween costumes, they were spooky. But I think they maybe were spooky because you had to make them yourself. Oh that handmade ones look creepier, the old school ones like that, The New York Times says. On a recent Sunday evening, Melody Parker took her two year old to Brooklyn to see a house in the area known for its elaborate Halloween displays.
Speaker 2: He loves classic.
Speaker 1: Halloween imagery, pumpkins, witches, ghost, spiders, and skeletons, says miss Parker thirty eight. During the home, though, was a ton of blood as well as dis membered bodies like a child's head. They were all moving and speaking and gesturing and making noises, they say. The decorations were illuminated in a way that made many of the figures and wounds appear more lifelike.
Speaker 4: You know, the technology behind some of these things also has gotten cheaper and smaller, and like, so the.
Speaker 2: Things like the visual effects.
Speaker 4: Visual effects are just like motorized things like that thing that I showed you guys, the video where.
Speaker 3: I launches itself like eight feet high.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that the head pops out, and my two year old got super scared or just started crying because it's just the jump scare. Those are a lot cheaper than they used to be.
Speaker 3: I have a giant blow up cat that's the Halloween cat, and I cannot tell you it comes off very fun and cute. I mean it's fluffy, filled with air. And how many children were absolutely terrified of it. Wow, would not even walk to get the candy because they hated the cat so much.
Speaker 2: The question is why?
Speaker 1: Because they're kitten Pharaoh Kitten on Twitch says, I feel like everybody's just becoming bigger whims? Are people becoming bigger whims about thisification of America? Being a little spooked is part of the delight of Halloween, But lately, some say genuine jump scares are abundant on stoops in front lawns, looming in doorways, and hanging from rafters as household decorations seem to have become more gory, more violent and unsettlingly realistic. I agree, I think that it has. I just don't care. I don't care, maybe because I'm an adult or something. But I do think it's become more gory, more violent, and more realistic, and I personally would say that could probably be directly attached to horror films. The latest horror films are generally speaking, more graphic, more violent than they were, and more mainstream. Horror films back in the seventies were not nearly as mainstream, and they weren't brought into polite society. And I think everything in Halloween and the spooky world really is very very downstream and derivative of things that happen.
Speaker 2: In these horror movies.
Speaker 1: Some of the most famous horror franchises of the moment are things like Terrifier or things like Long Legs, the Long Legs movie, things that are genuinely over the top, scary, gory, violent movies. I think it's downstream of that, and I think that for me, I don't really care, but probably if you're a parent, you might take this differently. So let us know what you think. Have Halloween decorations gotten too scary or people just whimps? Let us know over at thenewschunkie dot com. Okay, I wanted to get this because I mentioned it, so let me pay this off there's people freaking out online. They're suggesting that Houston may have a by you creature. There's a monster. It was right there, buddy. Problem.
Speaker 2: Houston may have a problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't. I can't go back. I can't go back.
Speaker 1: Now Houston has a by you creature now, they suggest. Paranormal and spooky stories have been making the rounds all over the internet. One that was posted by a TikTok user shows several helicopters flying over the city of Houston. It was a training exercise, or that's what they tell you, and part of the video, a shadow can be seen flying across the screen. Some people thought it was a shadow of a helicopter, or that's what they want you to believe. Others think that this is a by you creature on the loose in Houston, Texas. And they said there have been over twenty bodies pulled out of bayous around Houston in recent months. I don't think that's true. I don't think that that's true. That seems more like a TikTok thing.
Speaker 2: But all these.
Speaker 3: Years, you're now just coming out with their scary creature.
Speaker 1: Just now, yeah, yeah, just now. I've always seen it all, and there's stuff every once in a while that pops up. It's in the news and I'm like, oh, I guess man, I've seen this before. There's a video that's been getting some attention this week of this photographer in Spain captured what is believed to be the first ever white Iberian lynx, and they videotaped it and it's real, Like, this is real. So you captured things after all these years that are still real and very rare, like rare pokemon that you just haven't filmed or anything yet. This is legitimate and actually real. The Bayou Monster in Houston probably not. So this thing is crazy looking though, by the way, this lynx is, it's kind of stunning to look at. But first time ever spotted in the wild. I'll put this up on see it now, the.
Speaker 3: Same neck as Donald Trump. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: I can't tell how big it is because there's nothing by it, but it's a lynx and it's the first ever, like I know one that they've ever filmed. And so am I saying this right lucistic lucistic cat, which means I think that it doesn't have pigment. I'm not positive on that, but they said it's it's mythical and but but real at the same time. Already one of the world's rarest cats, the Iberian lynx was pulled back from the brink of extinction after its population fell well below one hundred.
Speaker 2: And two decades ago.
Speaker 1: So I'll put this up so you can take a peek at it on See It Now in just a moment here, and then we'll go to you your dispatches. We'll keep those rolling on the show. I'm actively trying to put this up so you could take a peek if you're listening to the show today. This is a lynx caught in the wild and it's over on thenewsjunki dot com in to See it Now section and never been before videotaped, and does not have herpes as far as we know, So I don't know. It's the information say for all the animals we've talked about today, No.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, some of these animals definitely got it. All right.
Speaker 1: We'll take a quick break and then we'll get back with this feedback, these dispatches and more info on the upcoming roast event that's.
Speaker 2: Going down tomorrow.
Speaker 1: A whole bunch more A short time to get it done.
Speaker 2: Stick with us.
Speaker 9: That's coming up next in the news Junkie.
Speaker 1: Your reactions, emails, and dispatches are on the horizon. I saw this story today. It seems like an onion story, but it's real. There's a story about Wolfgang van Halen and it says Wolfgang van Halen reacts to the term NEPO baby and he's not a bigger fan as you might imagine if the word neo baby, and he says, he says, I think the term nepo baby is a bit unfair. I think it takes the individuality of the person away. People say Jack Quaid is one of the good ones, and it's like, who decides that.
Speaker 2: So to address this real quick.
Speaker 1: First of all, Jack Quaid, who's Randy Quaid's son, and he's in a lot of new movies, Dennis Quaid, I'm sorry, Dennis Quaid's son, Jack Quaid, is want to be necessarily the nepo baby of Randy Quaid. He's a different Quaid altogether. He's the son of Meg Ryan and Dennis Quaid is Jack Quaid, and.
Speaker 2: He was in the Boys and he's been in a lot of other stuff since that.
Speaker 1: But there's a lot of other people in Hollywood right now, in this very moment that are like that, that their parents are famous and they're just now sort of making names for themselves.
Speaker 2: And nepotism has.
Speaker 1: Always been a thing that people have talked about, but the nepo baby insult thing is a little bit newer, just in terms of like social circles using this kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: So he says this is unfair.
Speaker 3: It's also not the first time he's had this rant.
Speaker 2: Oh he's done this before.
Speaker 3: Yes, And as soon as you brought it up, I'm like, I covered this because somebody was another musician called him out for that and he did not like it. And I only remember that because your name is Wolfgang van Halen. True, it screams nepo baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you really hated that kind of thing you maybe you should have dropped the van Halen part.
Speaker 2: Maybe Eddie van Halen could be his own thing.
Speaker 3: In your band and make all that money and going world towards well.
Speaker 1: His mom is also famous too. His mom's the actress of Valerie Bertinelli. But it's not always the case. And I agree with him on this front. It's not always the case that these people are like untalented or undeserving.
Speaker 4: I think it's a combination that the nepotism complained is a combination of well, yeah, especially if they're untalented, but also just the fast track to I mean, even if you are talented, the fast track to the job, the fast track to you know, getting the fame. Like Wolfgang van Halen was pulled out of high school to join van Halen.
Speaker 2: That there's some levels of privilege is at work there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And he took Wolfgang out of school for the tour. He missed eleventh grade, but he put plans for a new album on hold so that Wolfgang could graduate, and then a couple of years later they announced that they would record a new album with Wolfgang playing bass.
Speaker 2: That was back in twenty ten. So of course he doesn't like this.
Speaker 1: If you're if you had famous parents and people were calling you a neppo baby, you would hate it too.
Speaker 2: Everybody would hate it if you were in that position.
Speaker 1: I do beek good like I do that sometimes you're I think sometimes these people are good enough that it's like we shouldn't just look at him like.
Speaker 3: That, Like tomnks Kid, that's not Jet Colin Hanks, fantastic actor, great director, Jen Hanks not so good.
Speaker 1: He wouldn't be anybody if he wasn't related to Tom Hanks.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you think of like Wolfgang van Halen.
Speaker 4: Let's say I don't know what his skill level is, but let's say he's a really, really talented, stupid talented. If there was a kid at his school that played the bass guitar that was just as talented or more talented, would that.
Speaker 2: Kid have been picked for Van Halen?
Speaker 1: Well, no, no, would no, it would be no shot night nurse, says wolf He has his own band, Mammoth. He played all the instruments on his album. He is amazing life. I'm sure he is, and I'm sure he's very, very talented. The question is does he have a level of talent that would give him stardom without the attachment to his family, And in those cases, I think I would agree that the NEPO baby stuff is not fair. It's not like you just this is the only reason you're famous. There's so many of these people in Hollywood right now. You have Maud Apatow, who's Judd Apatow, the filmmaker, and Leslie Mann's child, Mad Appatoo. You have Lily Rose Depp, who's Johnny Depp's daughter, who's been like a model and popped up a whole bunch of stuff, Maya Hawk, Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawk's kid, Maya Hawk, who has been in stranger things.
Speaker 3: All of the pit, well, a good portion of the pit. Yeah, the show had a bunch.
Speaker 1: Of Dakota Johnson Don Johnson from some of you older folks know who Don Johnson is in Melody Griffith or Dakota Johnson's parents, Margaret qually who I don't know who Andy McDowell is, but.
Speaker 2: That's how you do from ground on a bed.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, all right, Well, Zoey Kravitz because Lenny Kravitz and parent Jack Quaid, Emma Roberts. A lot of these people they have famous parents, but sometimes you don't even know. It's like, I think, a good person to fight around this has been Rashida Jones because I only think of Rasheena Jones on her own. I don't think of Rashida Jones having famous parents. I don't think of Quincy Jones. I don't connect her with that at all, Rightly, I just think of her as somebody who's you know, famous in their own right. But yeah, he's one of many people who are fighting this and it kind of just seems like an onion story when they said that he's fighting the term nepos.
Speaker 4: I think it's just because he seems a little more nepo baby than some of the others do. Like, you know, you were on the cover of Guitar World with your dad. They called it the magazine's first father son issue in early two thousand and eight, when you weren't even done with high school yet you seem a little more nepo baby than some of the others.
Speaker 2: You don't, bassist, I don't disagree with that, sorry, bassist.
Speaker 1: What about if you were the parent in your mega famous would you do that for your kids or would you be like, no, oh, I don't want to do this, or you'll be a nepo baby.
Speaker 2: I feel like any.
Speaker 1: Good parent is going to try to help their kid along.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, like Lil.
Speaker 1: Wayne when he came to town, He's like, oh, here's my son, and like his son came out and sang a couple of songs.
Speaker 2: How was decent.
Speaker 3: Talent and your child or give him the expertise that you have you know, acquired being a famous actor or a musician, then why not? Now are those same parents going to acknowledge their kid is really bad and talentless and probably just gonna trust fund it when they're dead?
Speaker 2: Maybe? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Are they willing to be that honest? Are they going to talk to all their exacts like you gotta make sure he's in this movie or I'm done?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Let us know what you think.
Speaker 1: Is this unfair sometimes for these younger people where their parents are famous or do they deserve it?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: The weird part about Wolfgang is that he said in an interview once he didn't know his dad was a famous musician, he claims, come on, until he started picking up CDs and seeing his father's picture on them.
Speaker 2: So like, so, what was the deal?
Speaker 4: Did they shield Wolfgang young Wolfgang Wolfy.
Speaker 2: Until high school?
Speaker 4: Until high school when they had a perfectly good bass player for Van Halen?
Speaker 2: Did you fire.
Speaker 3: Him any curiosity when you were living in a giant mansion and had houses elsewhere and platinum records on the water.
Speaker 2: Now think back to your childhood.
Speaker 1: Is there any way your parents could have been secretly famous?
Speaker 2: No way, I would absolutely know that. I would absolutely be aware of that. Boy.
Speaker 1: Dylan, my son is in chat right now. He's a chat NEPO baby. I don't have the weight to toss you too far, Dylan. Otherwise I would I'd be like, Hey, if you wanted to get in radio, I'd be like, I will do anything I can to support you. I will help you out in every way I can. And who cares if people call you an epo baby? By the way, why does it matter when you're on the cover of all those guitar magazines, when you're traveling the world, when you're in fancy hotels, when you're playing beautiful venues? Does any of that really matter because at the end you're still achieving some level of success.
Speaker 2: I guess it just still hurts. Real quick.
Speaker 1: Let's go over to one of the greatest channels on television. It is burned into my TV. I cannot stop watching it. It's news Max. It's news Max. My god, is it good. I've never watched news Max in my life. I don't even know where I would find it. I think it's a high one. But they go on rants over there that I don't know. I just don't see other people talking about them. There's one guy this is going viral today. This guy is Rob finner Ty, and he is going on a rant about people in modern media pronouncing Spanish names and like leaning into the Spanish accent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like a new order at an Italian restaurant's muzza.
Speaker 1: Yeah, give me the muzzarella or the uh uh whatever it is that would be an Italian version, Or if somebody was saying uh like erikaenglicias or something and you start to like ramp it up and you really go extra on the pronunciation of it.
Speaker 2: And I guess this pissed this guy off. So let's listen it here at another night tonight.
Speaker 13: The New York City mayoral debate last night. But I'm less interested in what the candidates actually said, and I'm more interested how.
Speaker 1: They Well, you work for Newsmax, so you should be pretty interested in what they said.
Speaker 14: Senior politics editor at Politico Sally Goldenberg and tell Lemundo forty seven anchor Rose.
Speaker 1: Okay, so he wants people to go, We've got Dave Smith, John Johnson and Rosalina or whatever, just like a flat at baton way to yeah, to pronounce the name. He's triggered that the guy leaned into.
Speaker 14: That politico Sally Gold and tell them wundow forty seven acre roo our debate.
Speaker 13: Oh all right, so we have talked about this and I don't just I just don't get why we do this, who started it, when this started? But whenever it is a Spanish name, we are all suddenly required and expected to shape shift into the perfect Spanish accents.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll stop it here because a couple of points.
Speaker 1: One who's telling anybody to do this?
Speaker 2: This guy does this. I'll tell you I don't do this.
Speaker 1: I try to just pronounce things the best I can say a lot of things around here, but.
Speaker 2: I never flare this up. So I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't feel any pressure to like lean in and really pronounce things.
Speaker 3: And see something on the news and it's like, obviously they have a gun to their head and they have to do it. Because the crazy woke left is making you.
Speaker 1: Of all the things that people think we're told to do working in media, that is not one of them. Nobody's ever who moves pronounce the names like this, never heard that before. I've never personally personally felt any social pressure to do that at all. I mean, there's huge social pressure on political fronts like different you know, things you have to have, like the right opinion. But to do this, like if he just said her name flat out, do we think that people will go.
Speaker 2: Whoa buddy? What in the gringo is that? What are you doing right now?
Speaker 3: Also turn those tables? Would he lose his mind if his name was completely butchered?
Speaker 1: Oh? What is his nfinnerity something? So I think he talks about that.
Speaker 13: Normal everyday news people do it all the time. They forget years of training, they forget their non regional addiction that Telemundo anchors. By the way, Rose Arena Breton just say Rose Arena Breton.
Speaker 2: But for whatever reason, we.
Speaker 13: All feel the need to pronounce it like we're living in Mexico, like we're living in a country where Spanish is the native tongue.
Speaker 2: That's not the case here in the US. But also he not but I taught me up, he said.
Speaker 13: If I couldn't understand what he was saying, as I've said before, I am irish. And if I was moderating that debate with the host to introduce me as Robert James finner ty, don't you know what is happening.
Speaker 3: Sure, don't say, don't you know you're an idiot? What an idiot?
Speaker 1: By the way, there's there's a lot of you're an American, buddy, are you not?
Speaker 2: Like I don't.
Speaker 1: I never understand why people do that. Like I'm Irish, buddy, You're not Irish. You weren't born in Ireland. You're you're you're an Irish American at best. At some point you just become somebody from the new place, so you're American. I don't consider myself French or Irish, even though that's my actual makeup. It's all French fifty percent Irish. I don't connect with that at all. Maybe I'm the weirdo here.
Speaker 4: My bio doesn't say Swedish American Christopher Lane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't make us pronounce your name in some sort of Swedish chef. Kind know that there is one.
Speaker 3: It's on the topic. It is Sabrina from Arena Sabrina.
Speaker 1: If I did that, it would be cringe. If you do that. For some people, it is. It's a little cringe. It's not when somebody maybe this guy's Spanish. I don't even know who this dude is. Maybe he's Hispanic dude.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, and she's also there physically, so why not put a little bit more efforts so it's not word for the guests that are all there. Huh.
Speaker 2: I just never felt any pressure to do this. Dad, that is Robert James.
Speaker 13: If the host was Chinese, would they then do it?
Speaker 2: Pussy? If the host was Chinese, do it.
Speaker 13: Boost that person with a Chinese accent? I don't think so. Doing it when they're Spanish just stop it. Also, we don't need to say all three names when they are Spanish. No one describes me as Robert James Finnerty. I'm just Rob Finnerty. We don't need to say kill mar Abregio Garcia. It's just killmar Garcia. I don't know who starts.
Speaker 1: This is what happens sometimes when people don't necessarily understand how news journalism work, and then they end up in news and journalism.
Speaker 2: I don't know this guy's history.
Speaker 3: But his whole thing is like, when do we have to do this? So I'm gonna tell you what you have to do. It's just a vicious circle. He's like, don't don't do that anymore. Stop doing it because you're gonna make me, no one did do that with the Spanish name, and then he goes on with his Irish accent. Bitch.
Speaker 1: The secondary criticism is particularly dumb because saying that, don't say there are three names with their hispanic.
Speaker 2: A lot of times people will use full names in.
Speaker 1: The context of news because it's important to be specific about who you're talking about, Especially if somebody has a rather generic name. They want to make sure that they state a middle name, if at all possible, on that person. We've talked about this before on the show, where sometimes that keeps you free from lawsuits. Sometimes it's a better descriptor again, I've just I have not personally felt any pressure on that front.
Speaker 2: But there you go.
Speaker 1: That's what's happening over on Newsmax these days. What a time to be a that and we're just blowing up these narco terrorists. I guess this was another one of these blasts on a boat. All right, boat boat chilling, two boats actually two boats chilling, and then no more, no more.
Speaker 3: That we're sharing this footage.
Speaker 2: They blew this one up.
Speaker 1: But this is is this the same one or is that trying to Oh it's on fire. Yeah, it's just fully engulfed in flames afterwards, and this says, this is from Fox News. Four more vessels, oh, four more vessels were hit trafficking narcotics in the Eastern Pacific.
Speaker 2: This has to have an impact at some point in time.
Speaker 1: These narco terrorists have killed more Americans in al Qaeda, and they will be treated the same. We will attract them, we will network them, and then we will hunt and kill them. They say, this is from the Secretary of Defense. Slash war, it's a newer name. And they keep bombing these narco terrorists in uh in the Caribbean and and elsewhere.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll see what you.
Speaker 1: Think about that too, because we got to come back. Excuse me, I apologize, not sorry.
Speaker 4: Was that bigger or smaller than the one I saw there making fun of you during the break for they said, what a week burp Sean.
Speaker 1: I have to tell you, I saw somebody type that, and I didn't even remember burping, so I was like, oh, no, am, I just like burping and not being aware of it.
Speaker 2: Now, that's bad. I don't want to do that.
Speaker 1: That's far worse than putting a couple Tilda's on somebody's name or rolling your RS a little bit more, but I hope I'm not doing that. All right, We're going to take a quick break when we come back. Here's what we're doing, the final dispatches, the stories that didn't make the cut, they will be squeezed in here. And today I learned to wrap everything up for a Wednesday that is coming up next on the news.
Speaker 6: Chunk key.
Speaker 1: All right, a couple of clips on the way out that I haven't played or gotten due First, I guess they were talking about blowing up these drug boats on MSNBC. Let's see what they said over there.
Speaker 2: They're not terrorists.
Speaker 15: They may be drug runners, we don't know that for sure. But just because you call somebody a terrorist, we call lots of people terrorists, doesn't mean that the military is authorized to go after them and if no other reason. And look, I talked to an awful lot of people who, despite the fact that this is illegal, or comfortable with lethal action against against purported maybe cartel members.
Speaker 2: Where does it stop?
Speaker 15: Do we now start executing drug dealers on the corners of Brooklyn?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 2: Where does it stop? If all of a sudden I.
Speaker 1: Don't know who this dude is, but he's obviously kind of sounded off against these boat strikes on on MSNBC. That's what he's talking.
Speaker 15: Government, without telling anybody anything, can take this kind of lethal action just because they've decided that they've got the right to do so. Lindsey Graham and other Republicans want to go the route of saying it's okay to kill people illegally just so long as the American public supports it. The American public needs to really think that through. You know, there will be a Democratic president someday, and all my MAGA friends who are you know, cheering on these illegal killings need to imagine who gets killed when President Alexandria Ocasio Cortes says that it doesn't matter what the law says, she's going to do what she's going to do.
Speaker 2: So look, all.
Speaker 1: Right, so he's saying, if we keep up this precedent on MSNBC, he's saying, well, now, when somebody else takes over, a Democrat takes over, they could just blow people like Lindsey Graham up, because you know, that's what we're going for. Sort of bloodthirsty and really I think a great example of just how rotten a lot of things have gotten in the political world as of late. But let us know what you think. I did see this and I love this. Somebody shared this clip of Neo the Robot that we started off with today, good old Neo the Robot, and they said, when I stay out a little too late with the boys and try to make it up to my wife by doing the dishes before she wakes up, and it's Neo.
Speaker 2: No trying not to fall over. Well, it's kind of shut the door.
Speaker 1: It's like, I stay up too late and I try to do the dishes, make things.
Speaker 3: Up exactly that so many times I.
Speaker 1: Away, Yeah, it was still it's still not perfected to.
Speaker 2: This Neo the Robot. I'll put this up.
Speaker 1: On see it now, because this does look like he's absolutely hammered. Hang on, oh, grab this right now.
Speaker 4: Does Neo not like bend over and like put its arm on the table to feel.
Speaker 3: Like this is monthly subscription Neo versus just paying all out.
Speaker 1: He's a bit of a discount version. Neo does dishes. I'll put that up on see it now. Check out the link over there when you get a chance. It's definitely funny and a good time. Let's get that up. Hold on where to go there she is. Okay, that's up on the NEEWS Hunky dot com and to see it now section any other clips I didn't get to, Let me just double check. Oh, the White House is all done up for Halloween. They got shocking amount of pumpkins us A lot of pumpkins up there, a lot of a lot of fall leaves. It says, Halloween twenty twenty five looks kind of nice.
Speaker 2: Um and uh, I.
Speaker 1: Think that'll do it for today. Now let's see what we got here. It's time to do the final Yes, that's right, final dispatch. These are the final dispatches, but Sean.
Speaker 2: Will probably only play We'll see what we got here.
Speaker 1: Let's do some choice dispatches on the way out. And we don't have a lot of time, so I probably will only play one. But let me refresh just for the latest. Here is somebody with a question about tomorrow and the roast.
Speaker 7: Hey, what's up, junkies, Hey Jordan, big four day weekend? Well deserved time off four days.
Speaker 2: Sean got a question. We're not taking a four day weekend.
Speaker 1: Just for the record, I'm not. We're taking Friday off after the Rose, so h three day weekend and back on recent four day he did say that about tomorrow.
Speaker 7: Kind of hat you gonna wear and what you're gonna be dressed in? You goa dress formal?
Speaker 2: No, your business. I know you're gonna wear a hat. You're gonna wear for Dora. You're gonna wear like a top hat. No, since you're gonna be sitting in the throne, you'll be.
Speaker 7: Wearing like a king's crown. Maybe details Anyway, y'all enjoyed time. Wish I could be there.
Speaker 2: You'll see.
Speaker 1: It's a lot on way to find out, sir, you will see if you're at the event. Oh shoot, we're way behind. Okay, let's get the hell out of here. Here we gotta listen to Today.
Speaker 5: I learned the following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ.
Speaker 12: So don't get cocky.
Speaker 2: How it's done.
Speaker 1: What we call today.
Speaker 2: Is today I learned for a.
Speaker 1: Wednesday, October twenty ninth, twenty twenty five. Today I learned this television Show'star Trek samn star Trek is correct. When the studio behind Star Trek received a letter from a builder asking how to make automated sliding doors that opened and closed as fast as they did on the Enterprise. The reply explained the doors were manually operated by a crewman. If too late, the cast would smash into them, so they didn't want to do that. It really takes away from all the cool Star Trek moments when you know that there was somebody physically like sliding those doors open. I don't want to think about that, but I guess that's how it actually went to Taylor.
Speaker 2: There was a man named Charles Jensen. Let me tell you about him.
Speaker 1: Charles Jensen underwent nine one hundred and seventy surgeries between nineteen fifty four and nineteen ninety four to remove facial tumors. This is the most number of surgeries ever performed on a single person.
Speaker 4: After a while, couldn't he just take them off himself? Wouldn't he just know the procedure.
Speaker 3: And probably look still?
Speaker 1: I don't know if he's with us any longer, but Charles Jensen got nine hundred and seventy total surgeries.
Speaker 2: He went to for Halloween Swiss cheese.
Speaker 1: Probably that's a rough, rough, rough one, but God bless about there somewhere. And finally going back to the slow horses, whole thing.
Speaker 2: Actually seeing that show.
Speaker 4: You know, somebody was complained about our take on it, saying it's a good show.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh, I should have watched her, and I learned.
Speaker 1: This Dancing Horses, this big Rolling Stones, Rolling Stones is correct. Yet the Rolling Stones Wild Horses is the even song. Dancing Horses was the remix. It's a couple of years later. The Rolling Stones founder Brian Jones had four children before he turned twenty two, of them before he was eighteen years old. This guy, by the way, when people get trigger to that, like this.
Speaker 2: Show's great, what are you talking about show? All I said was.
Speaker 1: That the low Horses title isn't really appealing.
Speaker 2: It just doesn't draw me in the Thank you so much for hanging out with us. We'll talk tomorrow the same time, same place.
Speaker 1: Listening to Hull at the podcast at the news Jukie dot com.
Speaker 2: We'll see you next time. Everybody true