Speaker 1: Are your attention, your fire.
Speaker 2: This is world Champion Dodgers, World Champion League.
Speaker 1: For a small salt time we get a people what they want to die? Two in a row. Two is special.
Speaker 2: I'm like yes, not ahead of y'all. Host this balls God ready to grab your phone to get in on the show called eight six six nine eighty seven two five seven. Coach to the show and now your host of Dodger Talk, David Vasse.
Speaker 1: Welcome to off day Dodger Talk. In between games two and three of the NLDS, the Dodgers obviously feeling good about themselves after stealing the first two games of the series in Philadelphia. With Game three at Dodgers Stadium tomorrow night. Our coverage begins at five o'clock, first pitch at six oh eight with Tim Kats and Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck. Tim Kates and Steve Sacks continue scam more Morning Dodger Talk for you local and live beginning at six am tomorrow and if there is a Game four, that will be on Thursday at Dodgers Stadium a little bit earlier than usual. Three to zho eight first pitch. If there is a game four between the Dodgers and Phillies, and quite honestly, I feel like the Dodgers are poised to sweep Philadelphia tomorrow night at Dodger Stadium. And look, it'll be the first NLDS home game for the Dodgers, and it should be electric at Dodger Stadium. If you saw what was happening in Philadelphia, whoever's coming to the game tomorrow, you better bring your a game and save your voice, because you've got to make Dodger Stadium rock and make it feel like a postseason game. I know the Reds the wildcard series. I understand the buzz. There wasn't the uh, the way to uh really wasn't playoff atmosphere at Dodgers Stadium. So it's going to be interesting how the Dodgers and you make it feel like a postseason game. Eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. We may have a special guest call into the show. So I'm just trying to send that. I'm going to send that to our producer, uh right now, Ronnie Fossio, who is going to call our very special guest here in a moment, and we will take your phone calls tonight at eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy. We're with you until eight o'clock tonight. Here on a F five to seventy LA Sports, Ronnie, I just sent you a phone number. Please give our special guest a phone call right now. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number before we get to our special guest. And this is the highest of honors that is going to call in. Just want to recap Blake Snell and what he did last night. I felt like he again was completely overlooked because of the dramatics of what took place in the ninth inning last night. Blake Snell was the guy that helped the Dodgers win that game last night, especially with the way Jesus Lozardo was pitching and holding the Dodger offense down at one point retiring seventeen in a row. Without Blake Snell matching zeros and holding down Bryce Harper and Kyle Schwarber, the Dodgers may not even be talking about the ninth inning and talking about having a two games to nothing lead, So I couldn't believe. Also in the postgame press conference that there were only two reporters that asked Blake Snell a question. I mean, how do you do that? The guy pitched six scoreless innings, allowed just one hit, and had nine strikeouts, and only two reporters asked him a question. At some point you got to acknowledge that he's one of the best starters in Major League Baseball, and without him, the Dodgers do not have a two games to nothing lead. All right, So we do have our special guest on the line. He was at Dodgers Stadium, So let's bring on his Dodger Talk intro music. This is not his warm up pitcher music. We are joined right now by three time Cy Young Award winner National League MVP in twenty fourteen, one of the greatest competitors you have ever witnessed in the last eighteen years, and is waiting for that bullpen phone to ring so he could prove to everybody that truck still works in the playoffs. That is number twenty two himself, Clayton Kershaw. Clayton, thanks a lot for calling in appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Thanks Dave.
Speaker 4: How are you.
Speaker 1: I'm doing great. I'm doing great. I assume that you have a shirt on, and yes, you do have your pants.
Speaker 5: On, I do I have fully closed at the moment.
Speaker 6: Thank you for having.
Speaker 1: Clayton. I'm sure this has got to be a special time for you. At this time last year you weren't able to participate in the postseason, but even just being down in the bullpen, how much does it mean to you to be available whenever the team needs you.
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's been fun to be down there with the guys. You know, the bullpen's almost like a different it's like a different group, you know, it's like a different club within a club, you know. So it's been Uh, it's been fun to be a part of it. And it's a different animal down there. Man, that phone rings, you feel about adrenaline start flowing, and you just it's a very underappreciated job to be a bullpen pitcher, so learning that on the fly, just watching all these guys, and it's it's been fun to be a part of.
Speaker 1: Last night, we saw you starting to get hot in case things did go into extra innings. What was it like when that phone rang and Josh Bard called out your name? Do you did you get that type of I guess, for a lack of better analogy, like a fireman like having to go down the pole and get ready quickly.
Speaker 5: No, I wasn't a bad and called for me.
Speaker 4: We had Rokie.
Speaker 5: We had Rokie do it last night. He got it done. Oh.
Speaker 1: When I was in the tunnel, they were saying that you were moving around a little bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm moving around for three hours.
Speaker 6: I'm old.
Speaker 5: I gotta stay loose, k.
Speaker 1: I guess so. But I mean when you're when you're in that position, how do you how do you change your routine? Because you're such a routine oriented guy, how do you how do you keep the body ready?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: You know, I just try and do some of the stuff I do as a starter and just try to space it out throughout the game. And it seems to be working well. You know, I feel loose enough and just can't sit down for too long. You know, you just kind of move around enough, and then if that phone phone call is hopefully the adrenaline just takes over and you're ready to go.
Speaker 1: Hey, Clayton, Emma Sheen and Jack Dryer down in the bullpen with you. They did let me know that you allowed them to stay with you for a week while the family was out of town during the month of September. What does it mean to you that, I know, guys that watched you pitch are now your teammates. But to be able to just talk baseball with them and allow them to hear you talk about the game.
Speaker 5: Oh no, I don't know about all that. They're just good guys, you know. And it's no fun to live in a hotel all year, and that's what those guys have been doing, so, you know, no family around. It would be fun for them to get down to the beach and hang out. And you know, we had fun. I had to wake them up a little earlier, so I got to have a little more time. You know, get down the bees, hang out. We'll grab some breakfast. But you know, when you're twenty five, you just sleep till noon every day. So but it was it was good to happen around and I think they appreciate it. And it was fun for me too.
Speaker 1: They said you would wait up for them because you would get home before before they got back from the stadium, So you were waiting up for them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm just like the that was like the room dad, you know, make sure they get home okay, and you know, have the fire on for him and yeah, ready to go put them in bad it.
Speaker 1: Took him in. Yeah, I get you. Clayton Kershaw is joining us on Dodger Talk Game three tomorrow night at Dodgers Stadium. Incredible, Clayton, that you guys were able to win two games in Philadelphia. You know what that environment was all about back in two thousand and nine for you guys to have this type of lead. Do you feel like you you guys are in a good position to close this out tomorrow?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean we should great. I mean we got Yama on the mound at our in Dodger Stadium. You know that's been a pretty good recipe before us this season. But uh, you know, it's a short series, five game series, so you know, they they somehow win a game, it gets quick, it gets uh, it gets close fast. So we gotta, uh, we gotta make sure not to let up at all tomorrow and try to close this thing out in three.
Speaker 1: I know we've talked about this before. Is Yama Moto and Blake Snell maybe two of the most underappreciated guys out there, Clayton, because it seems like a lot of other pitchers get the attention, but they've been such a big part of the rotation for you Yama all year and Snell since he came back from the I L.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean Yama, Yama's going to be second in the cy Young, you know, and I think if it wasn't for Paul Skans. You know, he's he's a cy Young winner, So for for him to do what he did all season, and you know, I don't know about what other people think about appreciated or underappreciated or whatever, but on our team, you know, those two guys have been unbelievable for us. And you know, Blake, we've all known he's one of the best in the game. You know, obviously he was hurt a lot this year, but he is a two time cy Young Award winner. You know, he's he's pretty solid and man, he stepped up in a big way yesterday in Philly, and he just seems to, you know, bring out the best when it's a big moment for him. So huge for both of those guys. Obviously, we got show, Hey, we got Glass, We got a lot of guys throwing the ball really well. So it's a it's a fun time to be on the Dodger staff right now.
Speaker 1: When you're in the bullpen. Roki Sasaki obviously new to that bullpen. What's his demeanor like? And I mean it's been incredible to see his transformation from the last time we saw him to be this, this killer in the ninth inning.
Speaker 5: He's been great, man.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: I think he's probably learning the bullten on the fly too, just like some of us. And he's handling it super well. You know, I think he would tell you that he's got some nerves with it, but uh, he's keeping it under control. He's handling it well. And I think the greatest thing he's just coming in and attacking hitters, coming right at guys and getting the head, throwing a hundred right by guys, and then it really sets up his split, which is, uh, you know, if he if he's able to throw that and get ahead of guys and be able to throw that split, it's going to be pretty much impossible because that thing is special, so obviously we need it. It's fun to see him out there, and you got to give him a lot of credit. You know, it's been a hard year for him and for him to just learn the bullpen like this on the fly and all of a sudden start closing games for US is super impressive.
Speaker 1: What do you think it is with the newer generation of pictures. Do you feel like confidence comes from the velocity or do you feel like their confidence is predetermines how they're going to pitch and and be able to throw one hundred miles an hour. Do you feel like pictures today need to throw that hard to have confidence on the mound.
Speaker 5: Chicken or the egg Dave? You know, I don't know, you know, I think I mean, honestly, it's confidence first. You know, there's a lot of guys that throw a hundred out there that aren't confident to get whacked around out there, you know, So you know, it obviously takes a little bit of success at times, but sometimes it takes a mind shift. Sometimes it takes a role shift like starter a bullpen. I don't know, but younger generation, older generation, it's all about how you mentally prepare and how confident you are, and whether you throw ninety or one hundred. What's in between the years?
Speaker 1: Usually as a separator, Clayton kersh eyes our guest before I let you go, Clayton, everybody's still talking about that wheel play in the ninth innc. I mean that's not something that you see a lot. You don't see teams bunt as much as they used to. Oh what was your vantage point in? I mean, are you what does that say about Mookie Betts? Now is a shortstop to be so forceful to insist on, you know, being ready for that type of play?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean the wheel play is typically with runners on first and second right, So I don't know if that's ever really been a thing. Is like a wheel play was just a runner on second base because the runner can stop and then you're kind of screwed, you know. So I think with all that into consideration and knowing how important that run was pretty amazing and obviously a lot of things had to go right. But yeah, like you said, Mooki's kind of takeing ownership of that infield. You know, he's been a goal glove shortstop. He might even win the Gold Glove this year, which is pretty amazing when you think about it. And so for him to do that, get to get the infield in order months to execute it, him to get the tag down. Obviously, it was the play of the game, and you just you need that stuff in the postseason. You need guys to come up huge, and that was one of those moments right there.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you for calling in. Looking forward to more of those type of moments moving through October, and can't wait to see you come out of the bullpen tomorrow night.
Speaker 5: All right, don't sign me to the mountain, Dave. My job is going to be slow, so don't sign me.
Speaker 1: All right, I will There is a clock now. You gotta get to the infield dirt at a certain point.
Speaker 5: All right, Hopefully I'll get a couple warm up pitches then at least.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll see you tomorrow. Thank you for calling in.
Speaker 5: Hey, anytime, Dave, We'll see you.
Speaker 1: Okay, see you tomorrow. There he goes Clayton Kershaw. Great guy, down to earth guy, maybe the most down to earth superstar you will ever meet. Eight six six nine seven two five seventy is the phone number. We're gonna take a time out here on Dodger Talk. When we come back, your phone calls and we'll get deeper into last night's game and what's ahead for Game three of the NLDS between the Dodgers and Phillies. David vassay with you until eight o'clock right here, on five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 7: Both MONSI a third, I mean his events is going over to third from a short stop position.
Speaker 8: Bessie A kicks and fire Stott gets the bunt down to third. Picked up on Munsie, he goes to third and Castianos is gonna be out execute the play two perfession Rick.
Speaker 7: Munday, absolute gutsy play by Max Munsey. He had his body in position to begin with. I think the Phillies gonna challenge this, have really nothing to lose to challenge it. And Mookie Betts stood his ground because Bets he got knocked over on that tag, but for months he the good throat of Bets. Bets got there in time, and what an athletic catching tag by Mookie Betts. Terrific play on the fundamentals of the game in the ninth and again.
Speaker 1: Play of the game last night to help the Dodgers hold on for a four to three win and take a commanding two games to nothing lead in the NLDS. The Dodgers can close out the Phillies tomorrow night at Dodgers Stadium, first pitch at six oh eight, right here on AM five to seventy LA Sports. Thanks again to Clayton Kershaw for calling in, and thanks to Juanderrado from the Dodgers delivering it was it was. I was out there since two o'clock this afternoon waiting to talk to somebody and had a leaf, had a leaf, had to get back to the studio here in Burbank to host an off day Dodger talk. The team landed at LAX around two thirty two o'clock in the morning, and both teams were out there today having a workout before Game three. The Phillies, from what I gathered, actually left Philadelphia this morning, landed and went directly to Dodger Stadium, and the Dodgers left immediately after last night's game, got whatever rest they needed, and were back out at Dodger Stadium around one or two o'clock this afternoon, and the workout probably ended around five or six o'clock tonight, or actually six or seven o'clock tonight. Clayton Kershaw was I think he was just about leaving Dodger Stadium or was at Dodger Stadium. So thank you to him for calling in. Appreciated and still waiting for him to throw a pitch in this year's postseason. Looking forward, to that. And look, you know it's a sensitive subject right now when it comes to the Dodger relievers. And that's a big reason why the Dodgers have turned to Roki Sasaki, They've turned to Emmitshian, They've turned to Tyler Glass. Now it's time to turn to Clayton Kershaw. I have no hesitations to go to Kershaw. I know, I feel like everybody treated his last start in Seattle like that was it. But he's got a lot left in the tank. And one thing that you need coming out of the bullpen is that competitive spirit and not being scared. And you know Kershaw will not be scared. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. By the way, tomorrow the Phillies are going to throw Aaron Nola at the Dodgers. He has not had a good season, he has not had a good September, and the Phillies are still going with him because they like what they saw in his last start. And then from there they're bringing in Rangers Suarez. And also a note, as far as the Phillies go, Harrison Bader is going to be a game time decision. Remember, he injured his groin in the first game of this series. Was not able to start last night, but did come off the bench as a pinch hitter. And the Phillies thing. Changing uniforms is going to change their mojo because they have lost nine of the last eleven postseason games that they have played. They're going to wear those throwback seventies baby Blues and just a reminder, the last time they were wearing those uniforms, the Dodgers beat them in the seventy seven and seventy eight NLCS. And Steve Garvey is going to throw out the ceremonial first pitch tomorrow night. He was the nineteen seventy eight NLCS MVP. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Jim in Menefee. You're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi.
Speaker 9: Jim, Hey, Dave, thank you so much for taking my call. Buddy, I really loved your show. I've been following you for a long time. Great show, best show on the radio.
Speaker 1: Thank you much.
Speaker 9: Yesterday, all right from me. Yesterday, there was a guy that got ticked off by Blake Snell in about the fifth inning. I don't know the Phillies player. But he got picked off. And I'm looking at the game and I'm seeing the picture used both of his disengagement, especially the second one, was a really lazy throw over the first basis.
Speaker 4: Of man, he wasted his disengagement.
Speaker 9: But if you notice he hesitated on the mound a longer time than he normally does and got the guy in the rundown and got him out. Do you think that Blake Smail did that on purpose? Was that planned or maybe just off the cuff.
Speaker 1: Well, I could tell you this, even Kershaw, I've seen him where they manipulate the clock. They know they've got a clock, and they have two disengagements to use, and even sometimes you'll see like a fake throw, it's just to regroup and be able to catch your breath because a lot of times with the pitch clock, sometimes he could wear you out and you could get fatigued out there. So that's a way to buy yourself some extra time if you're a starting pitcher.
Speaker 9: Okay, but did you notice he really took a long pause before the next pitch and runner went knowing that the two dist engagements were gone. I thought that Blake every showed the close up of Blake. It looked like the look on his face like I got this fool.
Speaker 6: Him.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean his move was great. He picked off Marsh in that inning, and yeah, he picked off Brandon Marsh. I mean he had a pretty good pickoff move there, and you know he had Trey Turner dead to rights. If Mookie Betts is able to catch the ball that was low and Turner in the sixth inning would have been out. So yeah, I mean that's part of a lefty got to have that move. Thanks for the phone call, appreciate it. Let's go out to Manny and Guardina. You're on Dodger Talk Live on an off day, Manny, how you doing? Manny? What do you got? Oh many swung and missed? I mean that I feel like Manny has not been on his game lately. Let's go out to Westlake Village. John. You're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, John?
Speaker 6: Yeah, David, great coverage is always. Uh. You know, there's one thing you had a great interview on PMS on Petros and Money Show today. But the question that Petro's asked about Aaron Nola, I just have to disagree with your answer. I think Aaron Nola. He's he's a star. I mean he was hurt for three months. He had a tough, uh, you know, a tough return to the mound, but his last outing eight innings nine k's. The guy's a clutch performer. You want Nola on the mound over Suarez for sure if you're Affilly. And the last time that Philly was at Dodgers Stadium, I think they won three, you know, three out of four or two out of three or whatever. They three they killed the Dodgers. Yeah, three. Hold on, John, Dodgers.
Speaker 1: John, let's talk about Aaron Nola. Aaron Nola, I mean outside of that one start, the last start that he made, you kind of sound like the Phillies, by the way, that's the whole reason why they're going with him. And somebody even asked their manager, Rob Thompson, if Nola did not pitch as well as he did in his last start, would he even be making this start tomorrow night? And he said, oh, I can't. He stumbled and said, I can't answer you know, hypothetical questions, which tells me a guy with a five ERA in the month of September is not a sure thing. The guy that they miss is Zach Wheeler. Sounded like you were describing Zach Wheeler more than Aaron Nola.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but you have to understand the history of Nola. Listen, I hope that I hope the Dodgers proved me wrong tomorrow. But I think Nola sends this to you know, a game four.
Speaker 1: So why do you think that he has a six cra in seventeen starts this year.
Speaker 6: Because he's a clutch performer. Nola has been great his entire career, and he's a guy you can rely on. Yamamoto is amazing too. I think Yamamoto could easily outpitch Nola tomorrow one hundred percent. But I don't think this. I don't see sweep. The Phillies are a good team. They are they are in Nola's LEA team, and.
Speaker 1: I think they're really good. John and close out games are tough against good teams. But the fact is the Phillies are being reminded constantly about their failures. And Aaron Nola is so good that he gave up four runs in five innings in last year's one playoff game that he pitched against the Mets that the Phillies needed to have. John I feel like you're giving Aaron Nola a little bit too much credit. I don't think it's gonna go. Well.
Speaker 6: Hey, I hope you're right, you know, I really do. I I hope you're right. You know what I've I've been so impressed by the Dodgers defense has been unbelievable behind their pitching staff. It's really I mean that play from Munsey to Bets, it's a classic, you know, for eternity, it's one of the best plays maybe in MLB history. You know, it had to be perfect, and that's what they needed in the ninth inning. I mean, you know, this team, it's a special team. Otani on the mound. It doesn't matter if he strikes out four times, because he's going to strike you out nine times. So it's it's a special team. I hope they sweep tomorrow, but I think you have to give a little bit more credit.
Speaker 1: Uh No, I don't. I don't know the starting I know that he's not the same guy that you're thinking about, maybe from even last year where he made thirty three starts and was pretty good, but he wasn't good in the playoff game.
Speaker 6: Let's make make a deal if if he has seven solid or six solid innings, seven aks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll take the under on seven. John, go ahead, call me tomorrow night. I guarantee tomorrow he won't even go six.
Speaker 6: I'll call tomorrow night, and you bet it. Call you'll you know.
Speaker 1: I guarantee he won't even go sick.
Speaker 6: He'll put me on.
Speaker 1: I will put you on.
Speaker 6: I mean, will Ronnie. Will Ronnie be working tomorrow?
Speaker 1: No, no, Ronnie, don't worry about it.
Speaker 6: John.
Speaker 1: Just call back tomorrow and I can guarantee you Aaron Nola is not going six innings tomorrow. I can guarantee it. The Dodgers, by the way, are one of the hottest offenses. Nobody wants to acknowledge this either that the Dodgers have won nine games in a row dating back to u September twenty fourth in Arizona. The Dodgers have a nine game winning streak. Did you know that, you and mister Aaron Nola, did you know that you're gonna have to cool off a really hot team right now? And look, I'm not the guy that's saying, oh, if the Dodgers beat the Phillies, they're going to the World Series. I'm not that guy. I've talked to a lot of people that believe whoever's winning this series is going to the World Series. I'm not one of them. I think the Dodgers are going to have their hands full in a seven game series against the Brewers, who beat the Dodgers all six times this year in the regular season. Now, I know that's a different time and place, but people just continue to discount the Brewers, who had the best record in baseball, who do a lot of the little things right similar to the Dodgers last year. They don't make mistakes on defense, they're really good at base running. They have a really good bullpen, and the Dodgers are going to have to dip into their bullpen to a certain extent in a best of seven game series in the Championship Series and if they're fortunate enough to get to the World Series. So you know, this is a big hurdle and it's going to help the Dodgers big time if they can sweep the Phillies to set up their rotation for the NLCS, which likely is going to start in Milwaukee. I don't see the Cubs coming back. It would be nice that the Cubs could make it a series, but I see a Dodgers Brewers NLCS beginning Monday in Milwaukee. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. We're going to take a time out here on Dodger Talk when we continue more of your phone calls. And I do want to get into how the Dodgers were super fortunate to win that game. Even before the ninth inning. There was some questionable defense last night that the Dodgers cannot repeat tomorrow night or moving forward, Dodgers are going to sweep the Phillies tomorrow. Be ready. First pitch at six oh eight right here on a five to seventy LA sports.
Speaker 8: Part of the miss playing right field, and the Phillies scored three runs in the second inning. He can make up for it with one swing. The pitch get high in the air right center field, bait her on the run on the warning track. He's at the wall.
Speaker 1: It's gone.
Speaker 2: Tayo time.
Speaker 8: In game one, he flips the scoreboard with a three run bomb.
Speaker 7: Then all of a sudden, Citizens Bank Park resembles a library, nice and quiet. Den Bo just continued to travel and travel.
Speaker 1: Te Oscar Hernandez coming up big in the first two games of the NLDS in Philadelphia. That one the goal I had backbreaker, three run home run in the seventh inning, and the Dodgers return home with a chance to close out the Phillies tomorrow night at Dodgers Date in a three game sweep. It will be Yoshi Yamamoto going up against Aaron Nola and Ranger Suarez in some form or fashion. The Phillies are gonna throw everything they have at the Dodgers tomorrow night to try to extend this series. But Yamamoto, you heard Kershaw say it. If it wasn't for Paul Skenes, Yamamoto would be this year's National League Cy Young Award winner. And thank you again to Clayton Kershaw for calling in. Thanks again to Wanderrado from the Dodgers for making that happen. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number, you know. I kind of believe the Dodgers need to tighten some defense up. I was not happy with some of the plays and lack up plays that they made last night in Philadelphia. They were very fortunate to come away with that win. Needless to say, Blake Trinon not sharp last night. But the defense wasn't sharp either. Even on the Nick Castellanos double in the ninth inning, Tommy Edmond missed the tag where Castellanos would have been out. He wouldn't have even been at second base to be thrown out at third on that wheel play. All Edmund had to do was drop the glove in front of the base. Instead, he swipe tag missed Castanos and that was a big miss. Tommy Edmund did not have a great game last night. Even the bad throw to Freddie Freeman to end the game on Trey Turner's routine grounder. He was fortunate Freddy Freeman was his first baseman where that ball's going into the Phillies dugout and in the first inning, all he needed to do was get a base sit. He struck out on three pitches in the first inning with runners at first and third and two outs. So you know, Tommy Edmond has come up big for the Dodgers in the postseason. That may have been his most disappointing game as a Dodger in the postseason. I don't expect that to repeat it. Andy Pahez, who has fallen in love with throwing out runners, he had a misplaying the eighth inning on Mex Kepler's triple no need in right field to try to throw out Kepler. He picked up his head and the ball went to the wall behind him, and Kepler was at third base for the first run. And Miguel Rojas almost cost the Dodgers in the third inning. He was playing deep on the edge of the dirt at third base. Alec Bohm hits a ground ball to him, hard hit ground ball. All he needs to do is throw it across the diamond. I know he hasn't played a lot of third base. Instead, he tried to beat Trey Turner to third base, and it may have cost him the rest of the series because Dave Roberts said, Miguel Rojas now is nursing a left hamstring now on that play. After that play, he was fortunate he beat Turner by this much, but he came away with it thirty six years old, with a strain left hamstring and is not going to be in the lineup tomorrow. So that was almost a very costly mistake, and he admitted that after the game. But he's thirty six years old. I mean, he's been a big part of the Dodgers this year and hopefully he'll be ready to go for the NLCS. And you know, the Dodgers saved themselves with that wheel play, or you would have just gave them an F on defense last night. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Londale. Jose. You're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi Jose.
Speaker 4: Hey, David, how are you? Thanks for taking my call, My pleasure, first time calling. Hey, letst I just wanted to call and say that I really like the way you show you actually present things like they are. You don't kiss anybody's butt, and you say it like this, So I really appreciate that. And also I get that out of all the Dodger managers calling in or the French people that are always saying we we we.
Speaker 1: Hey, there you go.
Speaker 4: Fans. Yeah, that's right, fans, watch the show, enjoy it. When we win, celebrate if we lose, the sun will come up tomorrow. I think the Dodgers just need to play tomorrow like they're down to nothing and that will be okay. They'll be okay.
Speaker 1: I'm with you have that urgency close them out, don't you don't want to give them air. You want to put them away. Tomorrow night at Dodgers Stadium, you do not want to give them air. And if there is a Game four, you would have Tyler glass Now starting that game. How sweet would it be if the Dodgers win tomorrow and then you have uh Otani fresh ready to go. And look, the Dodgers aren't going to tip their hands, but if they have the lead in the ninth inning tomorrow night, I would say it's on the table that show. Hey, Otani closes out that game because you wouldn't need him until Game two of the NLCS. Blake SNeW would be on regular if not an extra day of rest for Game one on Monday. After pitching last night in Philadelphia. You can have Otani close out Tomorrow night and be ready to start Game two of the NLCS, and then you come back home and have Yamamoto and Glass now And that would allow the Dodgers to deploy glass Now out of the bullpen again in one of the first two games of the NLCS. So for the Dodgers to be set up perfectly and be able to use their starters, Sheehan and glass Now out of the bullpen in Milwaukee, which I believe is going to happen. I'm sorry, Justin Turner. I don't see the Cubs coming back to win the NLDS over there. But winning tomorrow night is not just about closing any hopes for the Phillies to come back in this series and force a Game five, but also set you up perfectly to be in a position to win the NLCS against maybe the most overlooked opponent in the Milwaukee Brewers. I know, I know they got to win one more game, but I just don't see it happening. Eight six, six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Don't forget. Game three of the NLDS is tomorrow night at six to eight. If there is a Game four, which I don't believe there will be, but if there is, first pitch at three to zero eight, all right, let's try our guy, Manny and Guardena. I like this guy too much to shut him out after not being there being ready, I mean, many, you gotta be ready. You gotta be ready in during playoff time.
Speaker 10: My bad, my bad, A days you know, just wanted to command you on an excellent show as usual, bringing Kershaw to talk to the Dodgers fam base.
Speaker 11: And uh yeah, I'm with you, man. You know, while we need to be happy and see how well this team comes together, they're playing like a family, but at times they are very sloppy, you know, the defense rearing its odd of the head, the bullpen throwing up you know, blue tips with the gas can instead of putting out the fire, and just so it's tough. But one thing, man, we got to give credit to Doc Roberts and Freedmen and all the guys that have been selected, you know that got their name called on these rosters because again, man, even though they've had their hiccups, they have shown the heart of a champion. And I love what I see in this team. They're gelling at the right time, like you've been saying, you know, the nine grade straight winning streak, and it's going to continue.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 10: I really think that this Dodger team is just the best as far as when it comes to crunch time, Milwaukee looks good. They had our number during the year, but let's see if they could do it right now, because I know the boys are going to show up back to back world champions. Baby God, Dodgers, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Mannie, Thank you for the phone call closing it out. Strong love hearing that. And look, the Dodgers have more talent than any other team in baseball that is still left in the postseason. But what the Brewers do so well is they execute. That's what they do. They execute, and they don't make mistakes. And they've got no pressure on them. Nobody is still buying the Brewers despite them having the best record in the National League this year. And speaking of the postseason picture, the Mariners beat the Tigers and Jack Flaherty tonight to take a two games to one lead in that ALDS matchup. The Mariners beat the Tigers eight to four. Jack Flerity started that game for Detroit. And how about the Yankees at Yankee Stadium. They were down six to one in the third inning, and the Yankees have come back and they now have a nine nined a sixth lead in the seventh inning over the Blue Jays. So they're trying to stay alive. If they lose this game, they are done. The Blue Jays have a two games to nothing lead in that ALDS series. One other thing to keep in mind about this matchup between the Dodgers and Phillies. Two of the best slugging teams in the National League this year and Major League Baseball is we've only seen one home run from these two teams, and that one was from te Oscar Hernandez in Game one of the series. Haven't seen a home run since then. And Dodgers Stadium growing up, if you've been a Dodger fan for a long time, you've known that Dodger Stadium has long been held as a pitchers ballpark, keeps the ball inside the ballpark. Back in the day before the renovations and adding extra seats, there was a lot of foul territories, so that also made it a pitcher's ballpark. But since the there's not a lot of foul territory behind home played and down the lines, it's given hitters new life and all of a sudden, I remember Don Mattingly talking about this in twenty fourteen, that Dodgers Stadium all of a sudden was a hitters ballpark and the ball was flying. There was no more you know, marine layer in April and around this time in October, and interesting enough, Mike Petriello from MLB dot Com brought this up. And it's something that everybody's aware of but didn't have the exact number until today that eighty nine more home runs were hit in Dodger home games than in Dodger road games. And that's combined between both teams. So tomorrow night, if today's weather was any indication, the ball is going to be flying. And really, whoever outslugs the other team is probably going to win Tomorrow Night's game. And I have a feeling that Dodgers are going want to hit at least two home runs tomorrow night against Aaron Nola and Ranger Suarez. Let's go out to Eagle Rock. Emilio, you're on Dodger Talk with David VASEI Hi, Emilio.
Speaker 9: Full it's up, David.
Speaker 12: How's it going, man?
Speaker 1: Great? How are you?
Speaker 6: I'm doing well.
Speaker 12: I'm doing well man. So I just wanted to say, Man, the Phillies fans think that they're loud, wait till they come to Dodgers Stadium. I live in Eagle Rock, and I swear I feel like I can hear the crowd when it's a home game. But yeah, I can't wait for tomorrow. I hope we close it out. I got a lot of respect for the Brewers if we do face them. I know we will.
Speaker 6: I went to.
Speaker 3: The stadium earlier this year and it's a beautiful stadium. You know, the fans are always engaged, but there's nothing like that Dodger blue, that love that we got for La Baby. But just wanted to show some love and I hope we close it out tomorrow. You think we got it tomorrow?
Speaker 5: What do you think do I.
Speaker 1: Think the Dodgers got it tomorrow. I think there's a lot of pressure on the Phillies. Their offense has not woken up in this series. It hasn't been good in the postseason, and the Dodgers have got Yamamoto on the mound. I think everybody's got to recognize that the Phillies are not looking forward to facing Yamamoto after facing Otani and Snell to keep their season alive. He's going to set the tone early.
Speaker 6: Yes, sir, I love that.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 12: Hey, thanks for the time and go Dodgers.
Speaker 1: All right, Emilio, thank you for the phone call. And yeah, I heard Milwaukee's got a pretty good slide out there as well. You know that's part of the charm. All right. That'll do it for us on Dodger Talk tonight. Thanks to Ronnie Fossio for his help, and thank you again to Clayton Kershaw for calling in. In case you missed that conversation, you can find it on the iHeartRadio app. Don't forget. Oh it's up now, It's ready to go, and don't forget. Tomorrow morning, Tim Kats and Steve Sachs will be with you at six am. More Dodger Talk in the morning throughout the entire postseason with scam As Petro Some Money Like to call it, and then Petro Some Money will be broadcasting from Dodgers Stadium tomorrow leading you up to Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck, first pitch at six oh eight between the Dodgers and Phillies with Yamamoto on the mound going up against Aaron Nola. Thanks again for listening. We'll talk to you tomorrow night. Fox Sports Radio is next.
Speaker 6: See up