Speaker 1: And we just grabbed every key.
Speaker 2: Demograhy super duper.
Speaker 1: That's nice, fight a goo Nito gay.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: Boys, it is the twenty second day of May twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: Good morning, everybody.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the part of morning show. Here we are on a Friday. That's right, Friday, Friday, Friday.
Speaker 3: Parish will be here soon, Marty will be here, Son cast O on thousands, and it's Memorial Day weekend. Don't forget the reason for the weekend. Thank you for tuning in. Let's get some comedy and get the show started and get to the initials game. Maybe giveaway one hundred and sixteen point five thousand dollars today? Is that right? One hundred and sixteen to five learned? So yeah, that's right. I think. Anyway, here's John Caparulo on Memorial Day.
Speaker 4: Yard sales. Have a great weekend. Everybody, come on in. I am glad you are here.
Speaker 1: Every year we.
Speaker 5: Would have yard sales on Memorial Day weekend. So it's like Marty Graff or white trash.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I didn't understand how.
Speaker 5: People can come to a yard sale and get picky, you know what I mean. They make me feel bad about the stuff.
Speaker 3: I didn't want anyway.
Speaker 1: Well, what's this?
Speaker 3: I don't want this?
Speaker 1: Neither do I. That's right, right, I don't care.
Speaker 5: Does this VCR have a remote? No, it doesn't have a cord either. That's why it's four dollars.
Speaker 2: Dude, it's a piece of crap.
Speaker 1: Well I was looking for a new VCR.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think they sell.
Speaker 5: Those are places called stores all right here here in my garage.
Speaker 3: Look on the wall.
Speaker 1: That's the spider.
Speaker 5: Get out of here, right. People don't come to your yard sale and ask for items that they don't even see, like I got departments you don't.
Speaker 1: Know about or something.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Where are your trapes? We're looking for trapes. We don't see drapes. Oh that's his house.
Speaker 2: Whares on the back porch.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: You can stopped by customer service at the shed and get it slushy and a pretzel. I mean really, it's not. What's your return policy?
Speaker 4: I'll stab you if you come back here.
Speaker 7: Go away, fusweet and.
Speaker 1: Feet us on your side.
Speaker 3: You here the distance under this line and then you stray.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Power to God Morning Show, Friday, May twenty second, twenty twenty six. I'm Corey Cove that's Chris Hockey, that's mean sauce, Paul Ambert, there's Zach Halverson.
Speaker 1: Good morning guys. Hi, Hi hard steady, Hi baby.
Speaker 2: Not to not to start with the buzzkill, but do we have an update on the Kyle Busch thing?
Speaker 1: Like what happened?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Do we know? No?
Speaker 2: I I outside of the quote severe illness, that looks like it went really south, really fast.
Speaker 1: What the hell happened there?
Speaker 3: I'm not I've read some you know, different things that he was going through. I know, you know, he had the bleeding leg earlier of the year, he had the sinus problem. I just I don't know, man, I don't have a handle on it.
Speaker 2: No idea heartbreaker is forty one years old, wife and two kids out of nowhere?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, back there. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. You read anything that's off the record from anybody, because I haven't even read anything that that had conjecture.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there's I mean there's everybody's you know, speculating. I think that the leading speculation was that. So a couple weeks ago, Watkins Glen uh he asked for out the radio toward end of the race. He asked for a doctor to basically come to his motor Home and said something along the line today I.
Speaker 1: Need a shot.
Speaker 4: I need a shot.
Speaker 8: And then last week at Dover he was sort of complaining, but it seemingly was he was recovering from it. Won a race, won the Truck Series race at Dover a week ago.
Speaker 1: Wait, can we stop for one second? Have to cut you off? So exactly can we go back? Is that?
Speaker 2: Is there something in NASCAR where a shot would be needed? Or is this way out of the blue, Like is that something that is standard? What kind of shot would drive need?
Speaker 1: No idea?
Speaker 3: You know that's the question, right, Zach I? I agree, And I've heard people talking about that. I wonder if it's if it was a pain thing, you know, some sort of zone. Yeah, like that kind of thing that a player might just player might get.
Speaker 1: A half to have time. Right.
Speaker 8: The interesting the word that I guess sinus infection has been kind of the common team.
Speaker 1: I guess that he was.
Speaker 8: He was dealing with some sort of a sickness the last couple of weeks. So whatever a shot can here in terms of that, I don't know. But and yeah, and then obviously, like I said, he won one a week ago, seemingly was relatively fine again. I think the some of the reporters noticed that he was still finding out but that they thought it was it was getting better, and unfortunately that was obviously not the case. And I was a little concerned when they came out with that statement yesterday early afternoon when they said that it was just serious illness and as serious on this Yeah, and he was hospitalized and he the family wants privacy, and you're like, well that that.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 8: I literally talked to chat GPT like get me off a ledge, like this doesn't look good, right, like, oh, there's plenty of reasons and not even my worst fears, but I've thought that two three hours later that was This is the most shocking, surprising, crazy news that and just devastating news that I think that the NASCAR world has has seen. And I still haven't gotten over the shock yet. This is unbelievable that this has and and and Hawk maybe you can can comment on this, but I was when I was six when Dale died, and I think this is I think the closest we've come to a loss of that caliber and that much of an impact in this in this sport.
Speaker 3: So yeah, there's a lot of similarities there too, because I mean, it's not like Kyle Busch was widely loved by everybody, and neither was you know. I think people forget there was a large save of the population that thought Dale Earnhardt was Dale Heart Arnheart Senior was just rotten to the core, you know, And Kyle Busch was the guy who was great and and I remember people loved him at first. He was the kid brother to Kurt Busch, who was good as soon as he came in. There were two kids out of Vegas who just appeared out of nowhere and were great. And Kyle Busch got so good that people started hating because he won so much, and he had no problem telling people he was quote unquote supposed to respect. They could eat his butt, you know. I mean, but you know it's weird too because and I completely understand this. Please know that I know this. It's none about our business. We all want answers, but we don't desert it's his life, it's their life, it's their problem they're dealing with. But the amount of conjecture that comes out, I mean, I have myself as somebody who completely respects the idea that they can come out and say whatever they want to say or not say.
Speaker 4: I completely get that.
Speaker 3: I've looked at everything I can possibly look at. I'm like, he say, his face looked puffy as he was he maybe dealing was some sort of thing where he was having to take chemo that I mean, you know what I mean? Like, I have thought of every possible scenario because nobody knows for sure. And again, I know, as a as as a human, I don't deserve that, none of us do. But as a curious individual who was a fan and is a fan of NASCAR period, I just I want to know the answer because I'm worried about the answer. If you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if the guy was ninety three years old, you'd say, well, yeah, but when he's forty one, what sweet hell happened?
Speaker 3: And we all we all watched Dale Earnhardt die. We all watched him die, and you know, the shock happened and we saw what happened to him.
Speaker 4: A race car driver driver dies in a race car crash.
Speaker 3: That happens a forty one year old doesn't die of an illness nobody knew he had. You know, it's the craziest thing. Sure, And I know that does happened? But you get my point Yep, yeah it wasn't. And it doesn't seem like it was an aneurysm. It doesn't seem like. There's just so many open questions here and as a human and I need answers, man, I need to know what happened to him, because his face, he did he seemed so sad, he seemed so upset. But then you see him talking to his little boy and he's like the happiest guy ever. So then you say, well, he said fine, Then he was upset because he's a race card reverty. You know, he wasn't happy with his car or whatever, and maybe he wasn't even happy with his team, but he wasn't upset with his life. And then the whole thing about him accidentally cutting his leg earlier this year's act is so weird because the one article I read was from a reputable source and made it sound like the bleeding would not stop, And you're like, okay, well what would cause bleeding to a cut in the leg to not stop bleeding? And then you start wondering that, you know, like did he have some sort of a disease that we didn't And I think in the end, we're going to find out. I believe that there was something going on behind the scenes that he had known about for a long time that just got just to hit him and was gone, you know, I mean, and things like that can happen, right, who knows.
Speaker 8: It's all about finding some closure here, yeah, and just finding some answers to I don't know. I don't know if that helps. I guess it does help, but it's it's still it's like, I mean, he brought up, you know, his boy Brexton, and then I will say, I mean that the similarities with Dale, I think even you know, Dale obviously known as the intimidator, like you said, Hawked, he was. He just for the same reasons people like didn't like Dale, they didn't like Kyle because they beat your favorite driver all the damn time, all the time. It was very frustrating watching that eighteen Eminem's car go in another damn race, and you know it was it was very frustrating. But I will say the last few years in the same way Dale, when he won the ninety eight Daytona five hundred, finally the image of him really softened has softened a lot, and they we got to see Kyle become this incredible father, this incredible man he was. I mean, I remember just a few months ago, I was watching clips of him and Brexton racing together on the same track, and I'm going, I'm like, man.
Speaker 1: This is really nice.
Speaker 8: I'm like, man, I've never had like this, like positive, warm, fuzzy feelings.
Speaker 1: For Kyle Busch before. Yeah, And it's it just it all adds so much.
Speaker 8: The tragedy, hymn some his wife, Samantha again, Brexton Lennox, his daughter.
Speaker 3: I mean, they went through so much to get pregnant. She's been through many, so many health things. I mean, it's just just terrible. It's just and it's so shocking all the way around. Again, It's yeah, it's it's something. And you know what, Zacho and I are getting on a plane tomorrow morning to go to Charlotte. I can't imagine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what a weekend to go see a race for the first time I know a long time. Because obviously it's going to be a giant Kyle Busch tribute weekend.
Speaker 1: I assume on some level, right, every.
Speaker 3: Dirt track, every small track in America that raced last night was doing some sort of a celebration of life and a tribute and I'm hoping again selfishly who cares? Right, But before we get theresact, there is some kind of closure or some kind of because I don't want to have to talk to to five hundred thousand or you know, five hundred race fans who have their idea what happened?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: I don't want people speculating that, well, obviously was doing this or this, you know. I yeah, I don't know, man I But again, what a.
Speaker 1: Shock race you guys leave tomorrow? The race is tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Tomorrow is the I always want to call it the Bush Series race, the ol Riley Race that our guy's.
Speaker 4: Racing in is tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Williams.
Speaker 3: Williams racing today in the Crassman Truck Series race today too, and then Sunday is the Big Cup race.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, obviously speaking to William I saw william post a couple.
Speaker 1: Of pictures with him and Kyle Bush yesterday and on social media as well. Yeah, not that that's a surprise.
Speaker 2: They run in the same circles, just to get he's he's in that.
Speaker 1: World and then he's I mean, his age is perfect. Kyle Busch time.
Speaker 8: He basically I'm sure, I mean, does he doesn't remember a nanscar without without Kyle Busch. And if you throw his brother Kurt, his older brother Kurt, who was the last driver from that also raced with Dale Earnhardt. We have not had a NASCAR Cup Series without an Earnhart or a Bush running every single week in I mean decades upon decades.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's never happened in my life.
Speaker 1: This is I mean it is.
Speaker 3: When you say like that, it's never happened in my life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's crazy, ridiculous.
Speaker 9: And what you said, Zacho last night, how Marty Smith came on? Yeah, it was great. Yes, he's unbelievable. And the professionalism and the composure.
Speaker 1: Was Yeah, he was broken hearted. You can see it in his eyes.
Speaker 3: You know, if I made transition in a hopefully not a callous way to that thing. Has there ever been a reporter make that transition from freaking redneck Nascar, you know, hillbillies like me to reporting on real sports like that, you know what I mean? We ever see and he's he's he doesn't try to pretend he ain't a Southern dude.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: You know how many times was I told early in my career, you got to get rid of that accent. I'm not. I don't think you guys ever told him that. If they did, he said, forget it. He's what a great reporter and what a what a great person to convey news while being broken hearted without doing what I would do, which would start blubbering on television.
Speaker 4: He was great.
Speaker 2: But you know why and I didn't see it. But here's here's what I love about Marty Smith is a guy that I don't know respects. The fact that he can walk this line is he is clearly friends with so many athletes, right, not not the objectivity that we keep talking about with like Diana Rossini and Mike Brabel and conflict of interest. Marty Smith is clearly close with a lot of people, a lot, right, not just covers them, is friends with them.
Speaker 1: But there's that.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of reporters that are friends with athletes but then walk the line of like name dropping or acting like I'm cooler than you are because I know this person and I know that person. Marty Smith just seems to be Again, this is into a Marty Smith LoveFest, but it is like that he is a great journalist. Yeah, but doesn't hide like, yeah, these are my boys and I'm going to back them. But here's what's going on. He's he's got that perfect balance between professionalism.
Speaker 1: And like rubedom. Yeah, but he's always a plus.
Speaker 3: He's so smooth, he's so good, and he's really researched and and and you.
Speaker 2: Know, and now it's all sports really, like he does a lot of golf, he does like he does a lot of just regular sports like ESPN will ask him to do almost anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's fantastic.
Speaker 4: I don't just like that.
Speaker 3: And this I'm going to turn it into a bit of a shot because I can't help myself. But Saus, if you could report, that would be you. I don't think I've ever known a person like as a friend, like really known somebody who is as liked by celebrities immediately as you are. And I don't know what that is because, like the Shelton, as soon as he wiped through the door, you were the guy he wanted to talk to, and he'd never heard the show a day in his life. So if you could do a damn good job reporting for once in your life, you might be the next Marty Smith, do you feel.
Speaker 1: Like your lack of ability to report, well, no one was holding you.
Speaker 4: You could have ended the sentence on ability.
Speaker 1: No one of reports in this town. How much do you feel?
Speaker 2: Careerly, what Chris is saying is, do you believe that the English language and your lack of mastery of it is really what's holding you back from superstardom, national superstardom.
Speaker 1: Yes, got it. I couldn't agree more.
Speaker 3: And work ethic, yes, yes, do that by the way, and thank you for finding the admitting it.
Speaker 4: Yes, all right, So what ethic has held you back?
Speaker 1: Yes? Marty Smith is great.
Speaker 2: Kyle Busch unfortunately passes away at the age of forty.
Speaker 3: You can't stand it, man, I tell you watching his little boy get sized for his race car seat. Did you watch that one yet, Zacho? It was it's like as of like, yeah, you lost half because you saw it. Yeah, yeah, it's it's heartbreaking because that I can't. I can't.
Speaker 1: There's no doubt.
Speaker 2: We talk about this all the time on this One of the true signs of getting older is when a tragedy like this strikes and the first thought is not Kyle Busch, it's the kids. That's when you know, you're in either either you are a parent, or you want to be a parent, or you're old enough to know, like Kyle had an awesome life, way way, way short, right forty one, but you feel ten times worse for those kids.
Speaker 3: You know what's crazy about that, Corey. I was thinking about this with you the other day. If you don't mind me making this point. Your dad's getting older has softened you so much that you said good things about Paul McCartney the other day. Well, you know what I mean, because you saw him on Saturday in life and the old Corey would have been like, get him off the damn stage? Can he do it?
Speaker 1: But now you're lucky.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, but but you didn't point that out.
Speaker 1: You never once said.
Speaker 3: When you were talking about that he sucked. But you know, but you were like, you can see people making fun of him as people making fun of your dad, you know what I mean. Screw them for that.
Speaker 2: And just like we make fun of sauce, no one makes fun of my dad but me and my brother, right, like right, that's my favorite thing to do. I get to rip my dad. I did it about forty times yesterday to his face on the phone.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, it was the best. But that's my dad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly right.
Speaker 3: And just like Lady Numbers my daddy, you know, I mean, if she was going to rip his butt, it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Speaking of my dad. Come on, San Antonio, let's go. What happened to do it tonight?
Speaker 1: Stories over? The basketball is done. Let's go.
Speaker 2: Thank god, we got to everybody. Come on, all of our spurs are dropping like flies.
Speaker 1: We need them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's got to win this ticket, man, let's go.
Speaker 1: Let's go. All right?
Speaker 3: Is that when I fly out tomorrow morning at what seven o'clock? Does that go?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: So we will be all weekend long from Charlotte, North Carolina, and of course unless it rains on us all weekend. But you know what, after what happened yesterday it Charlotte, we might need some rain though, you know what I mean, that might be the perfect thing for the weekend.
Speaker 2: Well, all right, more of the powers of Morning show after this sauce? What could I do if I I don't know, tired of dealing with leaves and whatnot?
Speaker 9: Go to gut helmet at gutter Helmet mn dot com. It's gonna rain today. If your gutters are filled with leaves because you don't have them protected by gutter helmet. They're gonna get clogged. It's gonna be a disaster. Go to gutterhelmet mn dot com.
Speaker 2: What if that had just ended when Chris hit the button, If it was like sauce, what should I do with all these leaves and the answer was just a guy yelling the word sex, I'd have a lot of questions, like, how does that help get rid of leaves? I'd go to gutter heelmet dot com first, that.
Speaker 1: Makes more sense.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to figure out, like what the actual plan would.
Speaker 1: Be, right, I can't imagine. It's just I can't bang.
Speaker 2: A pile of leaves like that's imagine. I would assume that would just scatter them even more.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine how much more useful I'd be to the world if that did help?
Speaker 4: Yeah, people be like, man, my leaves are terrible.
Speaker 3: They're co hawk pulling down my pants.
Speaker 1: Make sure you bag it up. Ladies and gentlemen, can I please have your attention? I've just been handed in an urgent and breaking.
Speaker 2: By the way, the planet just announced the end of leaves.
Speaker 1: Banged. They have been eliminated so.
Speaker 4: I couldn't stop.
Speaker 2: So sure, devastating news for nature, fantastic news for yard work.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like I'm the doctor that was given the task of curing cancer and then I just cured us off humanity.
Speaker 4: Period.
Speaker 3: I couldn't stop myself. I went too far. Now there's no leaves left.
Speaker 1: Well done.
Speaker 2: Chris hasn't done a god dang thing working on fixing cancer.
Speaker 1: What is he doing.
Speaker 2: It's out in the backyard banging leaves. No wonder, all the leaves are gone. Wait a minute, So we were doing cancer research and we eliminated leaves. Yeah, it was like when they were trying to figure out like blood work for like it ever circulation, and all of a sudden we have like viagra. It's the same thing he stumbled across, how to eliminate leaves.
Speaker 4: Our best scientists are working on getting both. Yeah, post curing camps.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, so doctor Hockey's banging the power leaves again.
Speaker 1: He claims he's got it, he's got a theory. Let's let him play it out, let him finish. Think he's actually into the power to the morning show after this on the band.
Speaker 2: Some people just know you can save money on car insurance by checking all State first, those people are probably saving a car load of cash right now.
Speaker 1: Hey, Core, yes, sir, I need chance.
Speaker 4: Have you I don't even know if you ever have, so I'll just ask you like that.
Speaker 3: Have you ever listened to the the lost episode of The After Party?
Speaker 1: Oh? Wow, good question. I think I.
Speaker 2: Did once when we were debating whether or not it should be pulled, or when we were fighting back and saying leave it up, and they were like, this is an embarrassment.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I listened to it on the way here this morning. Yeah, I said in my car action when I got here and listened to it for a little bit longer.
Speaker 4: So I listened about a half hour.
Speaker 3: This morning, and it's about an hour and maybe hour fifteen minutes heard.
Speaker 1: It's it's crazy simultaneously.
Speaker 3: Because you hear us getting drunk, like at the beginning of the episode. It just somebody just hit record, that's fine, and you guys were like, worse hockey, and I'm sure I was getting drinks or doing whatever.
Speaker 1: And then I.
Speaker 3: Come, I come on the air and we are still we just finished the show.
Speaker 2: It just ended right at seven am, Vegas time, right, and we're doing shots immediately and.
Speaker 4: Just real quick, man.
Speaker 3: That first one is the Irish seabe yeah, you know, and then after that you can I can hear myself going from stone cold sober.
Speaker 4: To gone in like fifteen minutes.
Speaker 1: We get there.
Speaker 3: Dude, Now you were the leader of the pack. You talked more than anybody. And then suddenly Dove was talking. It's so crazy that why didn't give my microphone? I had to take my microphone from it at one point because you were like, give that them a hawk. That's Hawk's microphone. It's I mean, it's so great, it's so great. And Rosie, by the way, drops an I believe he dropped an m efort like seven minutes into it. Yeah, I know, an am effort. Because we had went to see somebody. So we went to Absinthe the night before, oh yeah, and and Parish was with us, and I think chrisol had not gone with us, but he'd been the night before or something like that. And Rosie went with us, and Sarah Jane went and she was the one serving us drinks and so we had all just gone that night before. And Rosie says, we haven't talked about it the show we saw last night and he says, I don't know.
Speaker 4: He goes, I gotta load.
Speaker 3: This in because he goes it's called absinthe absynthe, And I'm like, you don't know how to say Adam, and you can say and then he goes that effort and he says to the world like, oh my god.
Speaker 4: The crowd goes crazy.
Speaker 2: God he can play the hits man ROSI knows how to play. He knows, if I recall correctly.
Speaker 8: I don't know whose idea this was, because we were still worried about like show page content. So the show page had to have everybody's favorite shot. Yeah on the show. Of course there's like eighteen people, so we did. I don't know who decided it, but we were all of a sudden, every shot that every person picked starts being served.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was excited before we went out there. That's what we were gonna do. Yeah, we were each going to have one shot. Every person who was out there that was on the show got to pick one drink and we all had to drink it. And we were doing them. I mean, we went from the first one to the second, which I believe was called a Las Vegas shot or something like that.
Speaker 1: Vegas bomb.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a Vegas bomb, don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think we finished a sentence before we were drinking the second one and the first one was an iris c B, which is enough to get you drunk.
Speaker 2: Okay, look, look, look we're at TI a week from today. Rights do it next Thursday night and next Friday morning. At TI Thursday night, seven to nine pm, a roub game of Initials. Winner gets a trip for two to Las Vegas, a whole bunch of other prizes. Then next Friday a week from now, the first Initials major of the year, and then a random draw for another trip for two.
Speaker 1: To Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: Now you may be saying, when you guys going to Vegas? Oh, hang on, hang on, Buttercup, that'll be announced shortly. Details to come. Yes, whenever we announce when we're going, what we have to because it is going to be our twenty fifth anniversary. Shouldn't if we keep talking, we're first show in KFE and history, maybe Twin Cities radio history to go twenty five straight years? Wow, maybe the first. Don't we have to recreate that as we're playing the hits. So when we go to Vegas in twenty twenty six and we are let's do this. Yes, let's all pick a shot. Let's run it back, and if you want, we could even let's record a podcast.
Speaker 1: They didn't want us to post that one. We'll post this one.
Speaker 2: We should for posterity, for to celebrate what we've done.
Speaker 4: It may be the last time this group of people is ever together.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's let's run it back. That was Rosie when you wouldn't talk about the show.
Speaker 3: But we should, by the way, absolute one hundred pcent agree with you, because we should just hit record and let it go and see what happens. Second of all, Sauce is so true to form in this in this podcast, because you're the gang leader at first, Saucy. After the third one, you are handing out your drinks trying to give them away. We're so pissed at you because we're drunk by that point, so we're not holding back. We're like calling you the worst names. Your dad's calling you the worst name.
Speaker 2: By the way, what's DOV saying because he still has a microphone.
Speaker 4: I don't even think I could make out.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that's the only part. By the way, we shouldn't run back. Yeah, you're right. Still no, one give Dava microphone.
Speaker 3: It's it's interesting because I got I think I stopped listening this morning about thirty five minutes in, and it's starting to get to the point where I don't know who's talking. That's how many people are talking at one time, conversations going on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Criesel is way on.
Speaker 3: In front of all of us. Yeah, immediately he is so smashed.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So again, if you don't know what we're talking about, think about this for a second. How long ago was that was that? Like that was pre COVID, right? So was that like nineteen? All right, so twenty nineteen, we do a podcast after the morning show in Vegas where we just start doing shots and we all get hammered, and it was there were no commercials.
Speaker 1: It was just would you say, forty five minutes or an hour or something.
Speaker 4: It's not about an hour fifteen.
Speaker 2: It's an hour of just multiple people talking over each other and yelling in just nonsense. It got so bad again that boss is here. We're like, no, this wasn't just bad. This is an embarrassment to broadcasting. We need to take this podcast down. And we're like, well, what do we care the fans I think it's funny. They know it's a train wreck. We're framing it as a train wreck. You should go listen to this train wreck that we posted. And they're like, yeah, it's beyond that. This is literally embarrassing. But we're like, but that's the bit. And normally that's what works on the fan is if we just say, well, that's the bit. We know, we're leaning into the bit that it's a train wreck. No, this is beyond that. Let's take it down. This is we're going to lose sponsors and the pros.
Speaker 1: It wasn't that bad. And nobody.
Speaker 3: Again, I have I got half of it to go yet. Nobody has said anything bothersome yet, right, but that again is the real danger. Yeah, of course, what if we finally tell Rosie what we really think about it.
Speaker 2: That's why that's why we shouldn't live stream it. We just we can't, right just in case. Yeah, we could do this, all right, I'm in running back later this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, god man, man, but no, David. Oh and by the way, on any level.
Speaker 3: At one point, I think it's you Corey that looks over and goes, Okay, now it's really happening.
Speaker 4: Jared's doing a shot. I don't remember that at all.
Speaker 8: Remember that, Yeah, I remember him being worried sick with all these shots, the equipment.
Speaker 3: Somebody I think it was. I think it was maybe you saw. We gotta get away from Jared. Everybody's drinking around Jared, and so we got to move away from it.
Speaker 1: I like to stand up for man.
Speaker 4: I gotta tell you.
Speaker 3: And you know the cool thing about that I was thinking about this, I don't remember. I think I might have walked it off later because I don't remember waking up feeling trashed or feeling like that ruined the rest of the weekend for me.
Speaker 2: Well, look, this doesn't need to be said to anybody that that goes to Vegas with the Power Trip morning show. But the beauty of being done at seven am is the times that we have been obliterated drunk.
Speaker 1: By eight or and I in the morning is well.
Speaker 2: What are you missing? You go back to your room. Sometimes you could sleep it off for four or five hours, dude. Then you get up at what two pm? Guess what you've missed? Absolutely nothing? Start over, shower, and start over.
Speaker 3: The show ended.
Speaker 1: It's the best at seven o'clock local time out there.
Speaker 3: So that means we were doing the show at the latest by seven fifteen, and if we went for an hour and fifteen by my math, that means eight thirty in the morning and we're clob or Yeah, but I guarantee you I went for a walk for four hours.
Speaker 4: I bet I did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sure, lost like seven thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah was that?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: Was that the same trip where we were charged for all that? Yeah, and we.
Speaker 9: All just basically did the home alone bit where they're like, give this to Kevin, give this to Kevin.
Speaker 1: It was to perish, and we gave it to perish. Yeah, and then yeah, I wasn't even dream Remember this is the funniest part of the story.
Speaker 2: If you remember Chris paid him right, Yeah, remember, because Mark went around going like who's paying for this? And I offered to help pay. Mark's like no, no, no, no, because he was so convinced that this company would reimburse him, so he wouldn't accept my money.
Speaker 1: But Chris is like, I'll give you some money.
Speaker 2: For whatever reason, Mark took Christs money so he didn't take mine, took yours and then didn't get reimburseed from my heart.
Speaker 3: And I don't know what the bill was, and I Sarah, listen, maybe I think it was like seven or never remember. I gave him fifty dollars and it wasn't even half.
Speaker 4: I do remember thinking that's not half.
Speaker 2: I think it was in the seven or eight range, but I don't remember it because again it was seven years ago.
Speaker 1: But something like that.
Speaker 4: We weren't disased.
Speaker 1: Mark. He thought they were going to reimburse you for alcohol. That's the dumbest thing in the whole.
Speaker 3: Party for real companies in that point.
Speaker 9: He didn't understand they wouldn't pay Corey for an uber ride.
Speaker 3: You true imagine by the way, how I mean he's the best, But are we terrible?
Speaker 4: I mean Parish is sober and.
Speaker 1: We made him sit through that with us. It's fair a.
Speaker 3: Terrible group of friends.
Speaker 4: Where you are?
Speaker 2: Sorry, Perry Sports, after this power triplet you on the fan the Unreal Celebrity Sollfold Game with Adam Zeeland and c J.
Speaker 1: Ham Eight tickets at Feelin Foundation dot org from the one eight hundred.
Speaker 4: Ask ten a m right now as you're listening live.
Speaker 3: Who knows what time it is for you right now, but I'll tell you what I hope for you. I hope you are sitting somewhere relaxing. You got to cold something or other than your hand. I hope not a drink, not a body part.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, you know, why is it cold? I guess what I'm meaning. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I better be more specific. And I hope you're relaxing, enjoying a three day weekend. That's what I hope for you. I hope you're looking somewhere in a direction that makes you smile, and you're listening to the powers of Morning show and we say something that makes you laugh.
Speaker 4: At least one time.
Speaker 1: I doubt it.
Speaker 3: I do too, But that's what I'm hoping, you know.
Speaker 1: If not, we can just do sports that's not really funny.
Speaker 4: We're going to do that. Mister Parris tells me the bill was.
Speaker 1: Nine even more yeah him? All right, Well thanks Mark, Yeah, you get the tip.
Speaker 4: I can't remember.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, he wasn't he wasn't still there. No, you've technically pissed.
Speaker 2: I did that.
Speaker 1: Paris wouldn't take my lendings, all right.
Speaker 2: Fun Bay Sports Paid Sports presented by Holiday Station Stores. Holiday Station Stores for a limited time. Buy to get one free. When it comes to Red Bull at Holiday, mix and matching the flavors you want, What flavor do you want? Boom, there you go. Including the summer edition. Holiday has Red Bull for two for one.
Speaker 1: I love Holiday before I go. Man, Yeah, the Oldiday is the best luthor advantage cards.
Speaker 2: So I'm saving money and gas and getting in there and getting a lottery tickets once in a while and energy drinks and those freaking pretzels that they got in there.
Speaker 1: It's always a friendly atmosphere at Holiday is the best.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the h Rogers and it's right beside Holiday.
Speaker 3: I just get a car wash and I drive ride over and I get gas and I go in and I get myself Red Bull. It's perfect. Is everything I need.
Speaker 2: The Montreal Canadians won sixth over Carolina in Game one of the Eastern Conference Finals. Carolina had been eight to no this postseason, and they scored thirty three seconds into the game, and everybody's going, oh my god, this team is an unstoppable force. What are we doing here? Can we just skip ahead to the finals. This is a waste of time? And then Cole Cawfield Scuga Ward twenty seven seconds later and Montreal added three more in the first to lead four to one after one, so they go on to win.
Speaker 1: Six to two. We talked about this yesterday, but.
Speaker 2: The eleven full day break for Carolina was the longest playoff layoffs since nineteen nineteen, So we were saying, how can you ever predict the russ rust versus rest There's no way to know if they're going to come out rustier or rested. I don't know what it was, but either way, Montreal came out and looked great after a seven game series against Buffalo, so they win six to two. Game two Saturday night in Carolina. Maybe you guys can go to that, Zachary, Why don't you? I don't know how far that is from where you guys are going to be, but you guys can go watch game.
Speaker 1: Two that it's a great by tickets, Yeah, by tickets? Where's that? Yeah? Okay, how far is you guys are going to be? Okay, like hours?
Speaker 4: I think a couple hours, I believe.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Charlotte's a great city though.
Speaker 1: Man, Yeah, Charlotte, I have not been. Yeah, yeah you were there last time.
Speaker 3: I was in Sweet It's a small town field, but it's a big city.
Speaker 4: That's great.
Speaker 1: I went to Myrtle Beach when I was like thirteen.
Speaker 3: Now we're talking, that is the tea words.
Speaker 1: Wow, that place is the best. Is it better than it was thirty years ago?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Is it improved?
Speaker 2: Because I remember it being a little dirty but fun because it was a beach and I was thirteen.
Speaker 3: It's it's not to be a douchebag. It's the East Coast.
Speaker 4: It's a little dirty, right, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean that's just by nature. It's not like the West Coast, wheres the sun's always shining in the water.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: East Coast Beach.
Speaker 4: Yeah, East Coast Beach.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, uh sauce, I think you know this. My guess is you're gonna get very close. It's been a rough patch for Canada when it comes to hockey in the NHL. This is the stat that's thrawing out a lot. You read a lot of sports, you watch a lot of Sports Center. Yes, you probably are going to get this, but I want to see if you can, what was the year and what was the team the last time a Canadian team won the Stanley Cup.
Speaker 1: Well, it's got to be Montreal, does it? Or have Wait?
Speaker 9: Is the bit that they've never won they've had to a one one? Who wait, no they have isn't the stat that they've Canada excuse me, has never won a Stanley Cup?
Speaker 1: Are you nuts?
Speaker 3: It wasn't?
Speaker 1: Are you nuts?
Speaker 2: It wasn't.
Speaker 1: What's the bit we always talked about that a Canadian? Well, maybe it's it's got to be it.
Speaker 4: Maybe in the NFL.
Speaker 1: Nuts. I don't think they've ever wont to know, thought that was a thing.
Speaker 2: No one's won more than Montreal, isn't it like twenty seven?
Speaker 1: No one's won more than them?
Speaker 2: But it's been a long time. Maybe that's who was the last Canadian team to win in?
Speaker 1: What year? Was it? Oh?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: I thought you would know this or at least getting very close saying that Canada had never won one? Yeah, this is this is why you're not the next Marty Smith. As you just said, has Canada ever won one? Has Montreal ever won one?
Speaker 1: He got up on the wrong foot, but you know.
Speaker 2: You ever want to go Yeah, you essentially just said, have the Yankees ever won the World?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You're correct, exactly thought there was some This is the stat it's how long it seventy five years?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Zach No, it's what do you say, seventy one five ms Zach sal close you can get go?
Speaker 1: I mean I know it, okay go ninety three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was the Montreal Canadians in nineteen ninety three, So it's been thirty three years since Canada has won a Cup and it was Montreal, So yes, they have one before. Man, this would be a very unlikely year for not just candidate to do it, but this team, right because you know, Edmonton's had a couple of shots in the last handful of years. They have Connor McDavid and Leandreisidle, Austin Matthews and Toronto aways looked really good. For now, of all teams to do with Zachary Montreal out of nowhere, it would kind of be nuts.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean out of nowhere. Indeed they have, I mean had an incredible run here. Cole Kawfield is just one of those special players that very well could deliver this. But I mean I think it's still still some work to you. Hurricanes, I think will find their game. Clearly they didn't have it. I mean some of the decision making was was so poor and like Kenny and Eddie were just ripping them to shreds and they deserved it. So I guess in the Rest versus russ debate, which I thought was settled thirty three seconds in, turned out to.
Speaker 1: Be maybe more on.
Speaker 8: The uh, the the rust side of things, because Montreal looked like they know to play hockey last night.
Speaker 1: Carolina did not.
Speaker 3: May I make an obvious point. Carolina Hurricanes, great name, that's cool. What a terrible thing? Like?
Speaker 4: Will we the Minnesota death by freezing?
Speaker 1: I mean tornadoes?
Speaker 3: The California fell into the center of the earthquakes, I you know, like like the Washington forest fires. You know, I mean terrible, terrible thing, hurricane terrible, especially in Carolina.
Speaker 1: Well, what about the Miami hurricanes? Terrible, terrible. I'm glad it n ain't the New Orleans hurricanes. Yeah, good point, but we can.
Speaker 3: We bought one not long after Katrina.
Speaker 4: Remember that.
Speaker 3: It's not weird, but we drank that some bitch in it everything. Like I think it's like a Long Island iced tea, only frozen.
Speaker 1: It's really good.
Speaker 3: I don't remember it was red. It's uh, there's red coming out to light rum.
Speaker 9: And dark rum. Yeah, some kind of fruit juice, orange juice, and then fresh lime juice, simple syrup, and grenadine.
Speaker 3: Do you remember, Corey, We were walking along It's good, the water's edge and we bought one from like a like a like a food.
Speaker 1: Truck almost do you remember?
Speaker 3: And you I remember distinctly because we were surrounded by wreckage where they were still trying to rebuild New Orleans from Hurricane Katrina, and we were buying something called a hurricane like party on.
Speaker 2: Hey, we were the economy. I was not gonna let my city burn, right. I was doing my part. I was thank you.
Speaker 1: Finally somebody clapped for something else. I was trying to save the city.
Speaker 2: There were a lot of people asking me you could do something, so I did.
Speaker 1: They weren't donuts, they were yeah, I mean yeah, just one.
Speaker 4: You know what, it's one dough at a time. How we'll save our city.
Speaker 2: How many donuts would they have had purchased that day if I had not bought that one?
Speaker 1: One fewer?
Speaker 2: By the way, Just for the record, Montreal has won twenty four Cups, Toronto has won thirteen, Edmonton's won five, calgarys won one.
Speaker 1: Ottawa has not won. Ottawa has that one. Maybe it was maybe it was yeah, maybe it was Ottawa. I thought, I I thought I heard Ottawa. I did. Vancouver also has not won.
Speaker 3: The Coovy the Glove Coovy.
Speaker 1: Has Montreal ever won a Cup?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, honestly, that's I mean, that's got to be preposterous.
Speaker 2: That might you might be in next year's tournament. Has Montreal ever won a Cup? But you might be in?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. I don't pay that close attention to hockey, neither do I. Yeah, that was dumb, but.
Speaker 3: Uh that's okay, I liked it, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, so, here's the difference between a preposterous statement and a preposterous question is if you had said Montreal has never won a Cup, like definitively, then it's preposterous. I don't know, asking a really really really dumb question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but more all ever won even want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's uh, well again that's for the committee to decide. I'm not on the committee. Yeah, okay, that might be in the conversation. I can't wait to see Parrish's face when you walk in.
Speaker 1: He goes, really, Paul Astreal, I didn't. I don't pay that close attention to hot their original six Yeah that's why.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Okay, that I mean, look, they've they've won twenty four times, but they also made it to the Cup ten other times, like nineteen sixteen, nineteen seventeen, nineteen nineteennineteen twenty four, nineteen twenty five, nineteen thirty, nineteen thirty one, nineteen forty four, nineteen forty six, nineteen forty seven, nineteen.
Speaker 2: Fifty one, nineteen fifty two, nineteen fifty three, nineteen fifty four, ninety fifty five, nineteen fifty six, nineteen fifty seven, nineteen.
Speaker 1: Fifty eight, nineteen fifty.
Speaker 2: Nine, nineteen sixty nineteen sixty five, nineteen sixty six, nineteen sixty seven, nineteen sixty eight, nineteen sixty nine, nineteen seventy one, nineteen seventy three, nineteen seventy six, nineteen seventy seve nineteen seventy eight, nineteen seventy nine, nineteen eighty six, nineteen eighty nine, nineteen ninety three, in twenty twenty one. That was all off the top of my head, by the way, Yeah, got it. They've made the finals thirty four times.
Speaker 8: I think I saw a stat yesterday that teams who play a game winning game seven and then go on to play a team that had a sweep, or like seven and one like it's crazy.
Speaker 1: I guess.
Speaker 8: I guess the history is favors the seven Winter seven team over the team that is coming off a sweep. Interesting, that's counterintuitive, very much.
Speaker 9: I think the other stat was something like they gave up five. Then the Hurricanes had given up five goals in each of the last two series.
Speaker 1: That's it. And they gave up six last nights foreign like the first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, I think mister Z's calling in a second. We'll talk to him. I believe he wants to talk Mandalorian. Although he didn't text me yesterday, he normally.
Speaker 1: Texted me the day before. That looks bad.
Speaker 3: I don't think it looks bad, but I'm reading that it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks like.
Speaker 3: It would be fun, like a rump.
Speaker 2: Well, I hope mister Z calls because he has he passed. He gave me a kind of a bullet point take on it. And let's just say he has a very strong opinion about one specific part of this movie.
Speaker 4: It doesn't involve Netflix.
Speaker 2: No, there's no a specific part of the actual movie where he's like, well, I don't even want to ruin the punchline because it's it's it's rock bottom if this is true, if his take is true, ma'am. But he's got to he's got a solid defense for some of the rest of the movie.
Speaker 1: We'll talk to hopefully mister Z after this.
Speaker 2: Otherwise, what really matters scores and stats around the world sports.
Speaker 1: In a second Power to Money show on the.
Speaker 3: Fan, Fan along with big deck dot com, want to help you win one thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: It hap bringing the party to the Island.
Speaker 8: Join the guys at Treasure Island May twenty eighth and twenty ninth. That's next Thursday and Friday for two unforgettable shows full of games, laughs, and huge prizes, including Vegas trips. Booker Say and Say twenty percent with promo code k f A N plus we have a special announcement that's worth the trip alone.
Speaker 1: Details at kfean dot com. Just make the keyword calendar. All right, let's dive in. I know he has some hot takes, Hi, mister Z.
Speaker 2: Oh, this thing is not working, same problem I heard Berrero complaining about here, So you're gonna have to do it.
Speaker 1: What's going on with our phones over here? Bump bump bump, bum bum bum bum there we go. Hi mister z Hey guys, what's up? Good morning? Good morning?
Speaker 2: All right, So, uh, the Mandalorian and grogu the big movie this weekend. Uh, what can you tell us about what works and what does not work.
Speaker 1: In this movie?
Speaker 6: Okay? Well, what works really well is the amount of creatures that they put into it, like the like if you're kind of looking for fun. I mean, there's a lot of monsters and you know, a cool dragon dragon like things, and so there's no shortage of that. It's not a boring in most parts. The hardest thing I had with and I guess I'm I'm not a huge Star Wars guy. I liked Star Wars. I grew up with Star Wars, but it never was like I never paid attention to the canon of it, to the to the you know that doesn't you know? So I just I just went to enjoy. But for some reason, I U I know, Job of the Hut well and his kid is in this movie. And for some reason, I have a hard time getting past rout of the Hut being buss MMA fighter style big muscles. It's weird for me. I don't understand the physics of a you know, a giant snail with leg with arms fighting.
Speaker 1: It's it's you.
Speaker 6: Know that it's weird for me to see them moving fast very cgi What what kind of surprised me is how looking through kind of customer comments, looking on what the review that I've seen very few people mention it, and so I looked into a little bit and apparently that's so.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: In the comic books, the Huts are really big and strong and that's how they got so powerful. And I'm like, what, I didn't know any of that. Sure, I didn't care for Out of the Hut other than that when he wasn't on screen, it was there's a lot of coolness. I don't know if it's great, it's just very cool.
Speaker 2: Can you can you tell them who you compared Rod of the Hut two to me?
Speaker 6: Boy, I don't remember. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Let they say I'm in a paraphrase, but you basically said that he makes Jar Jar Binks look like Marlon Brando.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Think I said I hated every minute that he was on screen. I hated the movie. And then whenever he was in Tom's screen, I'm like, oh, this is kind of good, and I'm like, rut of the Hut's coming back, but I think I might be in the minority on that enough. So again, I haven't I've been scouring that, I've been googling it. I don't normally don't do this, and I even went to Reddit to try to find out.
Speaker 1: Was it just me.
Speaker 6: That just didn't care for this? And I haven't found anyone who just hated only that part of the movie, And so so yeah, I was so mad now that you said, I remember saying that. I just was like, I was just getting more and more angry because I liked everything all I don't. I didn't love any of it, but I'm like, I like this, It's kind of fun, a little two CGI here and there and stuff like that. But so, so that being said, if you can get past or maybe you enjoy rot of the Hut being you know the rock, I don't know.
Speaker 2: So do you have to do you have to know the series, the Mandalori and to jump in or.
Speaker 1: Is it pretty easy just to catch up and figure it out. I mean, it's Star Wars, it's not algebra.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think, in fact, I believe they did that on purpose. Here I'll tell you my Mandalorian thing, not that anyone cares really. But I remember when Mandalorian first came out, everyone, oh you got to Seevandlarn, you got a Simvandlorien. I watch it and I didn't really I didn't really get it. I watched the whole first season and I'm like, that's enough Mandalorian for me. I will say this, I liked the movie. I liked this more than I liked Season one of Mandalorian because I was a bored to death during season one of Mandalorian. So no, you don't need to know really anything, because it's pretty I mean, if you understand the Star Wars universe at all, you know, and I guess what helps you know who the Mandalorians are and what you know? What they you know, what what what what their jobs kind of were, what they did as mercenaries, et cetera, or you know, bounty hunters. That helps, But otherwise know I mean, you see you see a bunch of recognizable you know things in this movie. If you know the Clone Wars and things like that, that's like, oh, yeah, those are that I know that guy. But you don't need to know racially. You just need to know who grow goo. I mean, if you've seen Grogo and you've seen Mandalorian in a picture, then you know.
Speaker 1: The movie got it.
Speaker 2: Oh, what can you tell us about Obsession? I've heard a lot of people obsessing. Pun intended about this at ninety five percent on Rotten Tomatoes. Everybody's raving about this movie. It's some kind of a horror thriller movie. I don't know exactly what.
Speaker 1: It is, right.
Speaker 6: Obsession came out last week. Kind of a teen it's not a teen I guess it is a teen movie. Basic premise, there's a guy who kind of pines after this young woman. They're just friends, and he has almost like a like a Twilight Zone movie type thing. He has this weird little wish stick of everyone. It's actually called kind of like a wishbone, where you make a wish on it, and so he wishes that she would love him more than I'm not really spoiling anything, that she would love him more than anything else. And then he makes the wish and he gets what he wanted because she she doesn't. Just you know, it becomes an obsession and she becomes it's it's what happens after that is very creepy and scary, and they did a good job, especially for that.
Speaker 1: It's it's not I.
Speaker 6: Don't think it's aimed at a younger crowd, and I think that's in a good way.
Speaker 2: So all right, anything else coming out this week? Or is this all Star Wars weekend? Essentially this is pretty much Star Wars.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's a small movie called Passengers that will come and go and people won't recall too much. So but now we're taken off because then we hit into some big a couple of nice weekends here for the we shouldn't have many weekends where nothing opens for the next three months.
Speaker 2: I'm going to be super curious next week to see how Nate Barghetti's movie does.
Speaker 1: The Breadwinner. Yeah, me too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I can tell you what. It's funny. I've had a lot of discussions on us because nationally the projections are very low, but I think they're not.
Speaker 1: This is going to be.
Speaker 6: I I'm trying to think I can say why they can say. This is really a throwback to an old early nineties type movie where it's PG rated and there's no swearing in it. There's no you know, and that's very simple. But Nate Bargozzi, He's it doesn't matter whether his lines are funny or not, because he's so funny. So I think it's going to do very well, especially in the mid in the off the coasts, and in between the coast. It's going to do very well.
Speaker 1: So you have seen it, yes, Okay, got it? You know it's crazy?
Speaker 3: Is I talked about this on the air, but we went on a road trip somewhere camera where I was taking a long walk and I was listening Tonate Bargossi on I believe a Sunday morning interview or maybe sixty minutes interview, and he was talking about all the things he wanted to do to be legitimately family friendly, because he said, even the things these days that are marketing family friendly really aren't. And so he's he said, I'm going to even make an amusement park, and the interview is like what He's like, No, I'm serious. I saw designs for it the other day. He's really making an amusement park where you can literally go and let your kids go wander off by themselves and be kids and have fun and not be worried about it.
Speaker 1: How about that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Yeah, he's he's uh, he is in he's doing something unique with Bread Winter. That ruffles. It doesn't matter insider stuff. But what he's doing is he kind of pushed the studio to do the what's called the Nate rate, and the studios can't tell theaters what to charge, but basically it's there is that there will be no So if you go see this movie in the you know there's matinee pricing and there's evening pricing with bread Winter bargatts. He said, I don't want to do that. I want to make this more affordable. So almost every theater in the country will be charging matinee prices at the evening.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 6: So if you go there, yeah, so it's going to be about half the price of a normal ticket for Bread Winter. If you go doing the day it'll be the same, but at night it's still matinee pricing on a bread Winter. And he wanted to do that for the families who don't have a don't normally get to go out to a movie because they can't afford it.
Speaker 1: So go him. Good for him. It is all right, thanks mister Z. Appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Guys later call them on Twitter at mister Z movies interesting, Nate, I don't I don't like that name. No, yeah, it's close. It's too scary, too scary.
Speaker 4: I'm going to say the wrong thing.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to ask for that.
Speaker 3: Hi, a teenage person working behind the counter. Can I get the Nate rates on this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just like Nate fee?
Speaker 4: Yeah, right by that's I.
Speaker 1: Mean right, I prefer the Nate rate. All right, all right, you get it?
Speaker 2: Please go home, Rose, Mark that you're watching Star Wars. Yeah you yeah, you heard me.
Speaker 1: You gotta go.
Speaker 2: More of the Powertree Morning to including what really matters after this Mark Parrish in like twenty minutes, Martie Geldern a little bit initials at eight fifteen with one hundred and sixteen thousand, five hundred dollars up for grabs with the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union initials Jackpot, one of you gets a crack at it today at a fifteen is the Power three Morning Show on the van from the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center this report you fine?
Speaker 1: Hi? Hey, Mark's here.
Speaker 4: I know he said something very intriguing to me, and then he walked out the door.
Speaker 3: He goes the reason I took your money, and then he said, I'll tell you a minute, and he walked out like you can't leave me at a cliffhanger.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well, you know.
Speaker 3: We're talking about the fact that there was a giant bar bill of nine hundred dollars plus take. Yeah, Corey offered you money and you said, no, thank you, I got this, and then when I offered you money, you took.
Speaker 2: It, and I'm gonna throw I'm positive it was s Jack.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: I'm sure because I was talking to her about.
Speaker 2: It and I'm like, whatever reumbursary, right, She's like just shaking her.
Speaker 1: No, no, and then you walked up right after that. Yeah, I'll tell you that sounds right. So if anybody is playing with Scha, there you go.
Speaker 4: You know what, that's normally the answer for everything in my life.
Speaker 3: Way to go, s J. I shot thanks a lot.
Speaker 1: God, I'm glad I offered you his money.
Speaker 2: That would have been awesome if you had circled back and be like, hey, I changed my mind.
Speaker 1: I will take that money. Almost positive.
Speaker 3: By the way, that is the trip where I was handing out one hundred dollars bills because I was doing so well gambling I was giving me so I'm sure I was happy to give you money. I probably had wads of it in my pocket. By the way, I probably gave it all back that night, of course. Yeah yeah, oh yeah, I got a problem, but I enjoy it.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, what a good time.
Speaker 3: I think we I speak for all us, and I say I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: We didn't think about it. The fact that you're sober and we made you.
Speaker 3: Basically, it's taking me to a casino and making me watch you guys gamble style. O. Thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, let's do all What really matters is brought to you by Ovo, Lasi and Lens thanks to doctor Mark loganof and doctor David Whiting Oval. Second Lens, go get lasick and change your life. Don't wait, man, it's almost summer.
Speaker 1: Don't get lasick.
Speaker 2: The New York Knicks won one oh nine ninety three over the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Speaker 1: They are up to nothing in that series.
Speaker 2: And how about this, very quietly, the Knicks have won nine straight games. Wow, because they won the last three games in the Atlanta series. After trailing that series I think two to one, they won the last three against Atlanta, They swept Philly and now have won the first two against Cleveland.
Speaker 1: They have a nine game postseason win streak. Look out for the New York Knicks. Sauce, Yes, Sir Montreal. Have the Bulls ever won an NBA title?
Speaker 2: Answers, Yes, the Knicks are two wins away from the NBA Finals. When was the last time the Knicks made the NBA Finals?
Speaker 1: Are you asking?
Speaker 3: Just me?
Speaker 1: Just you?
Speaker 3: They guys ask?
Speaker 1: Was it last year?
Speaker 2: Nineteen ninety nine? The limp biscuit baby boom. Everybody's having kids listening to three dollars bill y'all but motivated everybody. The New York Knicks made it in nineteen ninety nine, but they are two wins away.
Speaker 1: John Starr and John c Riley was there, Paul Thomas Anderson, pull your hands up.
Speaker 9: They are playing the Cleveland Cavaliers. Can perish and hawk name five Cleveland Cavaliers. Come on, Okay, I'm not just gonna give you a caneye acker one of them's hobby.
Speaker 6: No, I'm not.
Speaker 2: No, we don't ever put the number as high as four and a half.
Speaker 1: This is the same thing. I don't think they can get to four. I think they can get.
Speaker 2: I mean that's close, that's really close.
Speaker 1: Numbers three. What side are you on?
Speaker 2: Do you think they can get to three or not. I think they can get two and would have to get very lucky to get a third.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think, I don't think. I don't think. We're both on the ender. God, I want to win more canny acts. But yeah, I don't know if they can get to three. I mean, it's close. Who's the second one? Well? That exactly that one? I might be. Yeah, that's a good point. Maybe it's just one.
Speaker 2: All right, we're both on the ender, so we're not making the bet all time. Cleveland Cavaliers go Lebron.
Speaker 4: Lebron for sure?
Speaker 1: Well they got it, go ahead. I think I could chick him.
Speaker 4: Carlos Bruiser.
Speaker 3: Is that a name?
Speaker 4: That is a name I was thinking was didn't Kevin Love go there?
Speaker 3: Kevin Love definitely went there in the trade, but I don't know for whom. But I also was thinking that that one guy.
Speaker 1: IRV is Kyrie Irving? Did he play there?
Speaker 3: How many did they want us to get?
Speaker 1: I don't know? Was three?
Speaker 3: Okay? So I know Kevin Love is for sure?
Speaker 1: Final answer? Yeah he was there, definitely there. Yeah, okay, well done.
Speaker 3: Obviously, Lebron.
Speaker 1: There's two the Beard the Beard guy.
Speaker 3: That sounds right because I think he was there the same time Lebron was. That wasn't he?
Speaker 1: I think so?
Speaker 4: But what about that one guy who came in the league.
Speaker 3: I know he played for Denver. I don't know. I can't remember his name anyway. Isn't it weird that we can't think of anybody else?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I know there should be somebody likes historically. You're like, well, that's the guy that you think when you think of Cleveland.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Lebron, do you have a third final answer? Anybody are you going with? Do you feel good about it? The Beard? Yeah? You know Kyrie? Well that's what we feel confident.
Speaker 4: What is the Beard's name?
Speaker 1: Is not?
Speaker 4: It's not Kyrie Hard? Yeah, that's that's a yeah with that, Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 1: When did he play for them? So you said he played back in the day with Lebron? Right, correct? He got traded there this year is unbelievable.
Speaker 2: If we made the bet, if we definitely was there, Did Carlos I was drafted? I don't know pull Carlos Boozer was drafted by him?
Speaker 1: He played a genius.
Speaker 4: It's in there.
Speaker 1: Did they did they bring up a name of anybody who didn't play there? I think they went for.
Speaker 3: Man, who's the guy who came in the league at the same time as Lebron and it was also a big deal. Or maybe it's not the.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: He played for Denver for the longest time. You're thinking of Carmelo Anthony, That's what I'm thinking of.
Speaker 1: Did not play for I didn't say he played for the Knicks in Denver? I think is that it?
Speaker 2: Where else did Carmelo play? Did you have like a weird one year somewhere? Those are the two big ones.
Speaker 9: Played for Denver, New York, Oklahoma City, Houston, Portland and last.
Speaker 1: Like one year. Yeah, the Lakers was one year. The Portland was.
Speaker 2: I forgot he got thrown around at the end of the dishrag. Yeah, geez, all right, at the end of your career. Mellow is a Hall of Famer. Yeah, but I mean this draft man, the first five picks, the second one was.
Speaker 1: Bad. I can do it. I can do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Lebron was one, Darka was two, Dark Mellow was three, Bosh was four, Dwayne Wade was five.
Speaker 4: That's a great.
Speaker 1: Dark who went seventh overall point guard from Kansas.
Speaker 2: Hmmm. This is O three right, mm hmm. Talk amongst yourselves. Rhode Island either a road Nord Island discuss I've.
Speaker 1: Never been there. Providence isn't too bad.
Speaker 3: There's no chance that I've flown in there, right, You wouldn't fly in there to go to New England with j Well.
Speaker 1: I think I thought Leber said, you guys did that? Is that what you heard from Kansas?
Speaker 3: I think we find the Boston. I think I'm going to Boston.
Speaker 1: Brandon Rush was it like that was a different year. He wasn't a point guard. Do you want a clue? Yeah? It was a white guy, white.
Speaker 2: Guy from Kansas. It's pretty fly, completely blanking Kirk Heinrich. Oh wow, Kirk? Who did the Wolves?
Speaker 1: I ever heard that name before? He Corey?
Speaker 2: Oh years ago he would have. He played for the Bulls for a while. Who do we take a picked twenty six?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Was that duty we draft?
Speaker 2: And again he got drafted in the first round because he played good defense against Lebron in the McDonald's High School All American Game.
Speaker 1: That was one of the reasons why McHale thought he was good. Dude, weebe that nuts. I mean, look at it.
Speaker 9: Look at playing defense on Lebron. This is way too much and I could google it, but I'd rather ask you. Cor In the two thousand and two season into the two thousand and three draft, were the Wolves good.
Speaker 1: Hands? So it was one of their picks that they liked. Oh I don't remember. Was this like a Joe Smith bit? I mean maybe? Uh? A draft to miss out on the top ten in I mean no, that was the era of Garnett. We were.
Speaker 2: We were winning fifty games every year, just not advancing out of the first round for like seven or eight straight years. Right, We were always competitive with with KG.
Speaker 1: They were.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were forty nine and thirty three zers that season. It would makes sense. Hold on, I probably went to one thousand days that year. On hold on, hold on, they take your time, baby. It takes me from I'm not good. They were fifty one and thirty one that year. Sure, yeah, good for them.
Speaker 1: But what really matters is this.
Speaker 3: Would you guys have been able to name the thirteen colonies?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 2: I just realized I was not able to probably most. I don't know if I could go thirteen for thirteen, No, check, go for it. Well let's just start in New England, right, Let's go Massachusetts, one, Vermont, maybe I'm off to a bad start.
Speaker 1: Well, Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania, yes, Vermont is not. Vermont's not. Wow.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was just going to crush New England and assumed those were most of them. Virginia yeah, New York yeah, Maryland Yeah, good one.
Speaker 1: Mmmm, well well done.
Speaker 3: Oh wait not Maryland. Yeah, no, you have Maryland.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm sorry. Yeah, that's there.
Speaker 3: You go say yeah Maryland yep, that's fine.
Speaker 2: Uh. Man, If I can't just crush New England, if Vermont isn't, yeah, I'll still say New Hampshire yep.
Speaker 1: Rhode Island.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's the reason I brought it up, because Rhode Island went in today. It was the last one to ratify the Constitution.
Speaker 1: So what am I at?
Speaker 8: Eight?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 9: They added a thirteenth colony today, Montreal, Montreal.
Speaker 1: Want a cup.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna tell you because I don't know who you said. You didn't New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island.
Speaker 1: Connecticut, Connecticut. I should have had a New York.
Speaker 3: Yep, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia.
Speaker 2: All right, so you had to go further south I was gonna crush the top right corner, so I would have missed if I would have guessed like Maine as well, So it had to be basically Boston in that area and then south all the way to Georgia, all.
Speaker 4: The way to Georgia, but not Florida, which I would have thought was.
Speaker 1: But it's not. We're learning something today. We are at that history that. Yeah, Dean orig you know I didn't learn that song, right thing.
Speaker 2: No, I think you were supposed to. I think we sang it in school. I just didn't retain it.
Speaker 1: I probably shocking. Wasn't listening.
Speaker 4: We were singing the skinnered Yeah, you guys loved it.
Speaker 1: And then fighting. You guys would all fight.
Speaker 3: Okay, you guys ready for the morning announcements.
Speaker 1: First sing the national anthem. If I grant song, great song, great. Maybe that's the Maybe that's the play.
Speaker 2: Maybe some teachers should come up with a song for the periodic table of elements and then have like second graders learned the song, because then they would remember the table.
Speaker 1: For the rest of their lives. Yeah right. It's not important in life, but it's important at the time.
Speaker 3: Because it's it's important important to your job right. Yeah, but I'm never ever the only time I've ever used it. It's like NBA teams every now again. You guys might ask me something about it, sure, and I don't know the answer.
Speaker 2: But you probably had to learn about it in chemistry class, and once in a while you're pissed that you don't know more of it when you see a question on Jeopardy.
Speaker 3: I'm sure it ruined my life as much as the Times tables did at one point. Yeah, kah, yeah, I got so nervous that morning. You'll never forget it.
Speaker 9: Now I'm reading just everybody's pants, not my own. Wow, that's your dad's dream. I'm not reading Cookie Monster Books to my kiddo. Some of the words, I'm like, Yeah, he answered to me to see if I could.
Speaker 1: Read it, to say, keep going, you're doing right, you got the study. Then it look at me when I screw up, like Corey looks at me?
Speaker 2: Does does kel ever say go in there and read with your dad?
Speaker 1: Yeah, go help you out? Yeah? Yeah, correct. He's still reading Cookie Monster books. He's almost through the first.
Speaker 2: Pod Mark Parrish is here, Marti Gellen will be here. Shorty initials at eight fifteen The news is next to the Power to Morney show on the fan from.
Speaker 1: The one eight hundred ASK Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 4: This report is sponsored by Luggage World.
Speaker 1: Good morning. We have no accidents and no delight.