Speaker 1: And now the stretch to news at eight o'clock about eight minutes eight minutes away, and that means it's time for our weekly segment with our next guest, Tom talking a little fantasy football. Week five already our next guest host of Fantastics, Insider Football Serious XM Fantasy. We welcome in Dan Klaskins.
Speaker 2: How are you, hey, gentlemen? How are we doing tonight?
Speaker 1: We are well fired up, ready to go, but also being very cautious because I would hope owners understand what is on the verge of unfolding. Owners beware, the byes have begun. Walk us through this kind of the bye week blues and some tips for the bye weeks.
Speaker 2: Yes, my least favorite time of the fantasy football season. Lance and injuries piling up, some disappointments, all that you're dealing with. Now the buys four teams this week, The Falcons, Paris, Packers and Steelers are all sitting. We got buys and eight of the next nine weeks every week except Thanksgiving. Now next couple of weeks through what I call guinea byes. There's two teams on the buy their three of them. But week eight that is by mcgeddon Arizona, Detroit, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, the Van Seahawks. All six teams are good. So here's the tips. You want to plan ahead, not too far ahead. Things change fast, and fantasy look ahead a couple of weeks, not necessarily a month. Watch the wire teams start cutting players they don't want to. That's the best part of BI week. Scoop them up. Check it daily. And also you got to consider those bids when assessing trades. As we start to get past the bye week's player with the buy already under his belt is one more game you've got to that player in the trade.
Speaker 1: So a very good How about some injuries here, Dan, I see lots of wide receivers in homes in particular.
Speaker 2: No position to three of them. Rocky, and let's start with the night's game. I mean, I think the Champus good forty nine ers have deactivated their entire roster, at least from fantasy. Christian McKay if we're really the only recognizable name for a fantasy manager, Brock Perty Juwan, Jenny, Ricky pearsall all inactive tonight. The bigger news of the week, obviously is at the receiver position. We've already lost Ceedee Lamb. Now we're losing the Leak neighbors for the season along with Tyreek Hill, both of them with knee injuries. So those offenses are both day definitely taking a step back. Jayd and Daniels for the Commanders practice and pool for the second straight days. It's a little bit of good news there. Lamar Jackson didn't practice. I don't think he's played this week. He's likely missed multiple weeks, so that is not a good situation for that Ravens offense. A couple of running back injuries to watch. Bucky Irving. I don't expect him to play this week ankle foot issue, but it doesn't appear to be as serious as they initially thought. But in a walking group's never a good time. Juba Hubbard has him practiced all week, so Ricky Daddle can get some time. Any of you holding out hope that Joe Mixon's coming back this well, that's waiting craft Fellaws. If he's sitting on some fantasy benches, this is the time to cut him. And ty j Spears on his way back for the Titans, Brandon no one on his way that I are for the Jets, so they are stacking up.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's do the lineup advice, studs, duds and sleepers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's start with some studs LANs. Let's start with rookie of Maryon Hampton. I'm a little bummed about him losing his left tackle, Joe Walt. They had already lost their right tackle for the season as well, But nobody else is there because Nazie Harris is out. Hampton's getting the volume I got into the top ten play this week versus the Commanders, also a top ten player wide out, George Pickens, the former Steelers staying in good shape and really carrying the load here with Ceedee lamb out and really delivering. I like him this week in the highest scoring game of the week, I expect between the Jets and the Cowboys on the dud side bow next. Yeah, let's go against the Bengals on Monday night. I'm not expecting it to be so fantasy, primly at Philly on Sunday. He's outside my top fifteen and see Higgins. As much as I would hate to say if I was outside my top forty at receiver, don't think I really need to talk about the woes there. But just too many better options, even on these bi weeks, having a tough time endorsing him as a starter. And that's sleeper. I love me Sa Matthew's Tifford Night for multiple TV passes. So if you need a quarterback with fies and injuries, he's my guy to pick up there. And Cam Scataboo love him at Arizona State, loving what he's doing for the Giants. When twenty plus touch is projected on tap this week he's inside of the top twenty play at running back. I've got him at sixteen this week at New Orleans.
Speaker 1: All Right, Dan, last but most important, we know you are very passionate about the dav and there's something really cool coming up on Saturday, November eighth. Give us a preview of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Lance, appreciate that you're talking about our DAV five k On Saturday November eighth, at the Banks here in Cincinnati is our fourteenth Dannuel Race. It's a race, a walk, a roll with all honoring America's veterans, and man, if you can't make it in person, you can still even participate virtually all months long there wherever you are, So join us. Davy five k so, as you said on Saturday, November eighth, it's a great way to just say thank you to all the men and women who served our country. In g AV, we help a million veterans every single year through pre programs and services things like the five K make that happen so us today. Learn more at the AAV five k dot org.
Speaker 1: Very very cool. Thank you sir. We'll talk next week.
Speaker 2: Looking forward to it. Enjoy the game so