Speaker 1: He's air quality alert all that.
Speaker 2: Sorry, that's okay, I got it. I just said it's hot.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you.
Speaker 2: You're welcome.
Speaker 3: Mall of America's Summer Mystery Prizes are back and we are bringing them to you all summer long. Come grab your as at camfan events throughout the summer and wherever you see the KFE and Street Team, then make sure you to redeem them at Mall of America for fun prizes a big discounts. See full list of events at CAMPAEGN dot com quer calendar.
Speaker 4: You know, one of the things I wanted to to ask the wrestlers about when they get in here from the WBE it's otis.
Speaker 2: Chad Gable and there's a third who else?
Speaker 1: Jon Evan?
Speaker 2: Yes, right, that's right.
Speaker 4: When we used to have mister Perfect come in and brock listener, mister Perfect would not break character. He us mister Perfect on the air, you know. But I get the idea these days, that's kind of not the thing, right.
Speaker 5: No, it's it's really not as much anymore because when I was growing up, when we were all growing up, it was very much still when wrestlers were on TV, they'd ask them, Hey about this and that, and they be like, no, I actually beat that guy in a real fight. You know, they act how they act on TV, but now it's a totally different ballgame. And I don't even think kids grow up thinking that it's not scripted. I think kids are well aware of it now and they sort of play on the fact that people know about.
Speaker 4: It, which is fine, right because like I know Kurby, Game of Thrones, I know those are scripted. I love them, you know what I mean? Right, I don't know, maybe maybe that's a stretch, but you get my point.
Speaker 1: Like that, wouldn't it.
Speaker 6: Be better if when they promote wrestling on Sports Center, instead of acting like it's not fake, if they just had like Jake the Snake, you know, stay in character, yeah, and then act like he's going to drop a python on some dude on Saturday Night for Summer Slam and Cocoa Beware better Beware.
Speaker 2: You know, I have a million dollar idea. I hate to give it away on air, but I'm going to do it. Jake the Snake from State Farm.
Speaker 1: Brilliant, I mean, yeah, drops his python on one me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, an old school wrestler, that's uh, you know, promoting a new product, a modern day product.
Speaker 1: That's a good question. A lot of people asking you.
Speaker 7: They are let me see here. How about mister perfect clean?
Speaker 2: Okay, I waited perfect clean.
Speaker 6: He's trying to do mister clean. How about just put the word perfect in?
Speaker 1: How about let's see here, how about sergeant special case laughter. You're fascinating.
Speaker 2: That's that's very nice of you.
Speaker 1: Thank you, man. That's the kindest thing you've ever said about me. It was unbelievably condescending. I can tell you. Yeah, sergeants, special case, slaughter, those are all words. Yeah, you put them all together. That's something, man, you did something.
Speaker 4: Otis is from de Lewis. As we mentioned, he'll be here in a moment. Born December twenty first, nineteen ninety one. Grew up in Superior Serbian descent. Amateur wrestling career. I won the H two eighty five pound w i AA state championship as a high school wrestler.
Speaker 2: And then you got Gable.
Speaker 4: It was actually Charles Betts Chad Gable born in Minneapolis.
Speaker 1: Bets and quotes dad, Wow, it's right, really.
Speaker 2: That's was a Minnesota high school state champion himself. That's a huge bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Actually, yes, that's right. Interesting, interesting, that's cool man, Yeah, man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it is interesting. A lot of some of these guys have amateur wrestling background. Some of these guys have you know, did the independent professional wrestling background. And then there's other people like Tiffany Stratton from Prior Lake that she grew up a gymnast. Did you talk to her the did they?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I knew you were going to. How'd that go?
Speaker 5: It was awesome. She's great, man, She's a lot of fun. And it's just it's a very interesting thing. Strategy that WW has taken on over the last several years is sometimes they just see someone that is an athlete in a totally different discipline and they go, you look like you can be a wrestler. We're going to bank on our teachers to be able to teach you wrestling, but you have the look and we think that you can be successful. And it's worked, I mean overwhelmingly so. I mean Roman rainslow top guy was a football player. I mean he's the Rock's cousin also, So.
Speaker 6: That's definitely changed over the years though, because you guys remember like when we were growing up, like the wrestler earthquake, they found him at a Blockbuster video.
Speaker 1: Yeah they did. Yeah, earthquake wailed.
Speaker 6: It looked like Earthquake had never done anything. It just looked like, Hey, that guy's gigantic. Do you want to put on a speedo and throw some dudes around? And he was like, I got nothing else to do. Yeah, that sounds a great eight. Think about this earthquakes finishing move. Think about this was he would sit on you, man, that would be it. Yeah, he would sit on you and then that would crush you and you had to tap out.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Do you know what his real name or when he died?
Speaker 2: Pretty early time ago.
Speaker 1: Did he die in the nineties? He died in six at forty two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a big dude, man.
Speaker 1: Six seven? Didn't he four seven, four sixty seven?
Speaker 2: Didn't he do UFC?
Speaker 4: At one point for a minute in early days of UFC?
Speaker 2: Did he not? Five people? Maybe I'm wrong.
Speaker 4: I could be thinking of some baths, but like Javon Evans, who's also coming in is uh, I don't even think See. He attended the College Prep and Leadership Academy in Jamestown, played basketball and graduated in twenty twenty two. Didn't wrestle, you know, Yeah, he's a basketball player and he's.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's six five, made his way right independent circuit and he is a flyer man. That dude can do a lot of Really, he's one of the most athletic dudes I've ever seen in ww R.
Speaker 4: Modern Day Earthquake, I have not ever seen it in person. Big time wrestling really never one.
Speaker 1: So much fun, man, it really is.
Speaker 5: Even if you don't watch wrestling every week, it is so much fun to watch in person.
Speaker 2: Otis is five ten three fifteen. According to his statsu.
Speaker 5: Here earthquake was a sumo wrestler. Yeah, a legit wrestler at one point is uh, the end of life is really sad? Yeah, bladder cancer.
Speaker 4: I think the only person who was end of life was not sad was because she was so happy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she couldn't wait. She was hoping earthquake would sit on her. Yeah wow, good for her. Mess it. Oh not Dwight, I like what I like?
Speaker 6: I have to assume that would have killed as well, right, I mean yeah, yeah, it would have been sizable.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that would have crushed hers. Yeah.
Speaker 6: She looked like she weighed about twenty pounds, so that would have killed her as well. That's oh, Dwight, this is the news.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's right. I forget there you go.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 7: Yes, this is with Chris Hockey.
Speaker 1: Heard that right, brother by the Saint Paul Sat.
Speaker 4: They'll be back to seventeenth Saints Baseball dot Com and enjoining the little break right now. But they'll be right back at cchs Field the seventeenth Saints Baseball dot Com. Extreme heat continuing across Minnesota, with more to come. Excessive heat warning covers most of the states through at least Thursday nights. Temperatures remain above ninety degrees. On Tuesday, the Twin Cities reached ninety three degrees, while commidity made it feelose to one hundred many areas. Wildfire smokes you round Gollan is also bringing air quality warnings, with unhealthy conditions expected to reach central Minnesota. Forecasters say Hies could remain at her above ninety degrees through Sunday. The next week it'd be a little better, which is good because I got an outdoor gig next Thursday.
Speaker 1: What time will that be?
Speaker 2: I think we go on Pribbly seven.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but man, where's the name of the place.
Speaker 4: Summerfield Amphitheater, Saint Michael, come on, let's have a good time. Ris occupy it be fine. Let's see talked about that already did that. They're still doing the Boundary Waters evacuation across one million acres in the Boundary Waters area. Eight forest rangers leading a Boundary Waters evacuation across one million acres. Four teams of two are paddling by canoe to alert campers after the wilderness closed early on Tuesday. Closing a wilderness and must not be easy, you know, it must not be easy. And what if this is like your great dream that you're up there just hiking through the Boundary Waters and here comes a dude in a canoe and you're like, thank god you're here, because I'm done with this. I'm so sick of it. Can I get in your canoe and get me out of here? Or you're like, son of a bitch, how do I get home?
Speaker 1: What if they call that thing? Is it air writing? Like where a Wicked Witch style?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: They should just fly over the Boundary Waters and just cursive, please go home.
Speaker 1: This is dangerous.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine one of those planes? It just carries a banner behind it. Strikes a banner behind it with the advertisement.
Speaker 4: Officials say clearing visitors could take about one week. Because the area includes more than two thousand campsites along one hundred and fifty miles of the Canadian border. The Force Service doesn't even know how many people remain there, but float planes could be used to if visitors face imminent threat. More than a dozen fires ended around the Superior National Force have grown amid hot in right conditions.
Speaker 2: I saw one.
Speaker 4: Satellite view last night that showed all the fires and it's just, I mean, disheartening.
Speaker 2: Examly where I can think of. It's just terrible.
Speaker 1: That sucks.
Speaker 4: So good luck everybody, if you're listening to U up there, get the hell out. The mega managed jackpot rolling over again, just like Flossy Dicky in her grave. No, last night's drawing came and went with no grand prize winner. So the next drawing on Friday could be worth six hundred and seventy two million dollars.
Speaker 6: Way too much for Moss and Marnie, Way too much. That makes them sick to their stomachs, way too much. They want to quiet, like five mil give me all the cash, Give it to me, man, you give it to me. I'll spread it around. I'll be a philanthropic. I'll be generous, but I want to control it.
Speaker 2: If I win the lottery, I'll be spreading something around.
Speaker 1: You can make sure that. Yeah, my poor called.
Speaker 2: That's right, baby, here's fifteen hundred dollars. Get a shot.
Speaker 1: Jesus in fact, put me down for two.
Speaker 4: And maybe you know I have somebody to take a look in there the hot I'm missing my class ring.
Speaker 1: You need help.
Speaker 2: You need to shush. There's wrestlers coming in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, be cool. That ass all right? So also do sports in a second.
Speaker 6: Wish you got some some big town wrestlers coming in at some point.
Speaker 1: The golf bet later. This is the Power Trip Morning Joe on the fan.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's Chris Hockey the Power Trip Morning Show. It's a big old country out there and you want to see it.
Speaker 4: Did you know that Jefferson Lines has been your number dew Hey, welcome back everybody.
Speaker 2: Here we are again one segment away.
Speaker 4: We believe, we hope from Chad Gable and Javon Evans and otis being here from the WWE is they got a big, big couple of shows, not one, but two big nights at US Bank Stadium.
Speaker 2: Man, are they already sold out? They will sell out anything. It's close to you anyway, I.
Speaker 5: Would say so this man, I think there's still a good amount of tickets left, but it's as they start to fill out the card.
Speaker 1: A little bit more. Yeah, I bet it's going to fill up in there, man.
Speaker 4: So and they'll be in the main studio and then you're gonna take them over and do it a longer interview with them to be on your show and posted on the podcast.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll post it on YouTube all sixteen of our worst case scenario listeners.
Speaker 1: We'll hear it on Sunday. Hey, so it's up right now.
Speaker 2: That's right, Yeah, good for you guys. Right now, it's time for sport brought you by our friends at Circa Casino.
Speaker 1: Love Circa Circus, the best. Can't wait. It's gonna be a plus.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yeah, Why do you say like that?
Speaker 1: No, it's gonna be a plus.
Speaker 2: You can't round down about it, Corey. Did you get a note of sadness?
Speaker 6: You sounded down about it? And I think it's because yesterday Chad Abbot told us to stop talking about Las Vegas and construction projects in Las Vegas and the love of Las Vegas that we have. And I think Sauce is down on it now he said that almost.
Speaker 1: He hates me. Well he does, yeah, he does.
Speaker 6: You know what Abbot would love though, if he would just go to Las Vegas circa.
Speaker 1: Anyone else, the pizza Sauce, he would love circa Pizzauce.
Speaker 6: It's downtown, right, So if you are if you start all the way at the other end by like Mandalay, right, all the way on the other end, all the way on the other end like Mandalay, then it's the luxer, then it's right.
Speaker 1: Then it's like New York, New York, and then it's like what Park.
Speaker 6: MGM, and then it is what like Aria, Cosmo, Bellagio, Caesars, then the old Mirage which is now the hard Rock, and then it's Treasure Island. Then you get down to like the like the resorts world side. I'm just staying on that side of the street, right, we can do the other side if you want a second fancy then there's a long gap like you said, to the stratosphere right circus.
Speaker 1: Then you get all the way down.
Speaker 6: Then you get all the way down to downtown and then it's all about Circa.
Speaker 1: Yea best sports book on the strip. Did you purposely skip Circus?
Speaker 2: Circus? What about lots of funds? Lots of funds.
Speaker 1: Everybody should skip. You know who loves the dead zone?
Speaker 7: Me?
Speaker 1: Guy?
Speaker 7: Do you know who probably is the high roller at the stratosphere?
Speaker 1: That guy?
Speaker 6: Are you you know who's not going to go to any of those places because we're going to circle guy?
Speaker 2: That guy? Yeah?
Speaker 1: This guy over here.
Speaker 2: Guy.
Speaker 1: Circa brought to my Circa way, man.
Speaker 2: I can't wish it was right now.
Speaker 6: I wish Circa was in uh, you know, Plymouth, Minnesota, so I could just go there every day every day. I probably would every day. Yeah, if there was a card room in my actual town, I would go there every day. Every room's card room, good point. Yeah, I'd probably just walk in there and wave, would you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'd do the wave?
Speaker 1: Yeah, by myself anyway, shout out to Circa. Yeah, Circa Whales.
Speaker 7: The All Star Game was last night and the American League won.
Speaker 1: For nothing. The NL had three total hits and.
Speaker 7: They struck out fifteen times, which is an All Star record.
Speaker 1: Hockey watch you filed this report.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was a big surprised.
Speaker 1: What is that your wrestling name?
Speaker 2: Surpri buy it?
Speaker 4: I thought that the baseball was heating up, and they were, they were, They were great, and I was a big fan.
Speaker 2: When Linda Ronstadt happy birth throughout the first pitch and.
Speaker 1: She threw out the first pick. Who was the catcher that caught it, Barry Melrose? Happy birthday?
Speaker 4: Bury Melrose, Toto said, because he's an NHLL analyst, But he just happened to be in the building and they didn't have anybody.
Speaker 2: They could catch.
Speaker 1: Oh, Tommy, wasn't there.
Speaker 2: Anyway back to you?
Speaker 7: Spain beat France to nothing to advance to the World Cup Final. They will face the winner of England and Argentina today at two. The final will be this Sunday at two o'clock.
Speaker 1: You can either travel to France or Spain. Which one and why? Probably Spain?
Speaker 2: I've never been well, I never been to Spain.
Speaker 6: You can go to England or Argentina. Which one and why England? So then I could rip on my good friend Andy Sash.
Speaker 2: You ever a nail a girl named Tina?
Speaker 7: Jesus the whole tried, Oh no, relax.
Speaker 8: Fresh.
Speaker 1: Got so I started to win Kung fu. H. Let's see here. Uh, let's go.
Speaker 7: The Open Championship will take place tomorrow at Royal Birkdale Golf Club in south Port, England. It's the eleventh time it's been there. It'll start about midnight tonight. The Twins battle the Cubs on Friday at seven o five.
Speaker 2: Now we're talking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'll be great going. No, you've been there, I have. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Did you see Lake Michigan? I've seen like Michigan from both sides.
Speaker 2: Ricky Lake.
Speaker 1: Did you see Henry Lake?
Speaker 6: Oh, pull your hands up. Ricky Lake in the nineties a billion, the two thousands, a billion percent of twenty ten, a billion percent, twenty twenties, a billion percent.
Speaker 1: I'll do it at any business.
Speaker 2: Downtown bring that place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, brilliant, I'll do it.
Speaker 6: He likes Ricky Lake in any generation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 2: I liked her. She seemed casual.
Speaker 1: She seemed like she could keep a secret. Wow, she's casual. Just call her? Aregug run out of compliments for somebody's casual? I think, Uh, I think the wrestlers are here.
Speaker 2: Did they text you that?
Speaker 1: I think I saw them aside? But should we break now?
Speaker 4: Then we should bring that's good idea they got Harry Lamb.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll talk to them in a second. Power Trip Morning Joe Fan from the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 7: This report is sponsored by Ken's Ryan Heating, Cooling, Plumbing and Electrical ninety four.
Speaker 1: We have Delays West.
Speaker 4: Welcome Back Cartoon Morning Show. Here we are, Hi, Let's meet Sauce. He's over here, Maxim's went over there. Hey, he's like Corey Zachs over there. And we have very special guests in the main studio.
Speaker 1: Corey, Hi, Chad, how are you? I'm great? How are you getting good? Chad Gable? Minnesota's own?
Speaker 4: Are you sitting there? How are your stupid little show man? Thanks for coming in early.
Speaker 1: We appreciate it. Mean, it's not so stupid man.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you went to you went to Northern Michigan University. But did you went all through your high school years?
Speaker 8: Here?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I grew up in Saint Michael, and we were just talking about that. Born and raised man. I lived in Rogers, Oh, got up the road.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and let me tell you Saint Michael, I've lived there for two years. I lived in Maple Grove for thirty years before that Saint Michael's a different place now from where you grew up, and it's incredibly.
Speaker 1: Just blew up, man.
Speaker 8: And so I moved away for a little bit, and then we moved back in like twenty sixteen, and I was blown away by how much it grew then. But then even in the coming years after that three or four years, it's like, how much it doesn't stop growing. I gotta be one of the fastest growing cities.
Speaker 2: It has to be that whole area out there. Well, welcome back. And so where where do you call home now?
Speaker 1: Plymouth? Welcome aboard?
Speaker 9: Hell yeah, yeah, man.
Speaker 8: It's like everyone I talked to says, hey, I'm from Plymouth too.
Speaker 1: Everybody lives in Plymouth.
Speaker 6: Now, yeah, Sa Sauce recently moved to Plymouth.
Speaker 1: He's one of us as well.
Speaker 2: Have you ever listened to The Stupid Show before?
Speaker 1: I have? Oh?
Speaker 2: Good, yes, that that's always our loaded question.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So you when you you won the state championship then Fort Saint Michael, Yes, wow, Man.
Speaker 8: St m a proud, proud wrestling heritage there, and uh won the state and individual team and individual state titles my senior year.
Speaker 2: So it was pretty special, pretty awesome. Long time ago.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 6: Wow, so this is probably a dumb question that you get all the time. But all right, so you're a you're a high school wrestler, you're a successful high school wrestler.
Speaker 1: When does when does this dream start?
Speaker 6: Was it when you were a kid or when it got to be like, all right, now I need a profession?
Speaker 1: How do I turn this into a career? Yeah?
Speaker 6: When did this click for you?
Speaker 8: The wild part is I wanted to be a pro wrestler for WWE or WCW back then when I was a fan, long before, like I ever thought about being in the Olympics, long before I ever thought of any of that stuff. Like pro wrestling was my first dream when I was a kid five six years old. But I was always considered like one of those guys who might be a little too undersized for it, especially back in the nineties when guys.
Speaker 1: Were a lot bigger than our now. Yeah, but you.
Speaker 8: Know, the business kind of turned towards like a lot more realism and style and stuff, and they were looking for guys with legitimate backgrounds around the time that I finished up in the Olympics. So the timing really worked out in my favor in that aspect, and I just parlayed the Olympic thing into a WWE trial. They had some scouts there at the Olympics. They were at one of our practices and the Olympics in twenty twelve London, and yeah, man stars just aligned for me.
Speaker 1: I feel very lucky.
Speaker 4: So you did obviously in the Olympics. That's Greco Roman style wrestling, right, correct? How much different is that from high school wrestling? Excuse my ignorance, but I wrestled high school as well. I'm not sure what the difference is.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so in Greco Roman you are not allowed to touch the legs or use your legs for any offensive attacks or so, it's all think of it like, it's all throws, upper body throws.
Speaker 1: It's a very exciting style.
Speaker 8: It's like I consider it the classic style, the greatest style, the Greek, the Roman style, right yeah, all upper body grappling, throwing, dropping guys on their heads.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: The higher up that you can drop a guy and throw a guy, the more points you're going to get. So it's pretty sweet, and well.
Speaker 1: How much of this did you need for your career?
Speaker 6: Like, obviously you're a technical guy, you understand all of that, but there's also, like you said, there's just some monsters that are just athletes that maybe didn't have a massive wrestling background.
Speaker 1: So what percentage of your career is on your technique? A lot is. I draw a lot.
Speaker 8: Of my offense now from the stuff I did in GRECO, and fortunately, like through the trial process and just learning the skills that you need to be a pro wrestler, A lot of that is transferable from amateur wrestling. Like the body awareness and just general athleticism served me very well when I transferred to WWE. The things that I struggled with initially were, you know, speaking and our promo ability and talking and character and like letting yourself be more vulnerable than you're used to because in amateur wrestling, it's like your stoneface and it's like it's all competition, you know, But in if you do that in WWE, I mean, you're not going to last very long if you're just this boring guy.
Speaker 1: That doesn't show any emotion.
Speaker 8: So breaking through that wall took a while and it was very uncomfortable, but we got there.
Speaker 2: I mean you have to if you're going to make it in wrestling.
Speaker 4: So Max, you're the wrestling expert on the show, and I know you're about to take Chad and Otis define when they get here as well into the other studio and do it.
Speaker 1: Oh, no, Otis is coming, Yes he is. Oh, you guys are in trouble. He's actually looking for.
Speaker 2: Right Okay, Oh it's Max not over there right now.
Speaker 6: I think he's talking whoever else is on their.
Speaker 2: Way over Okay, got yeah, because they're all going to come in as well.
Speaker 4: But you're going to be and I don't think you have but at us Bank Stadium, So it's not just that you're wrestling in your hometown, in your home area, but at us Bank Stadium. That's you've been doing it. But you've done a lot of huge things. That's got to be something you just can't.
Speaker 2: Believe, right, It's it's unbelievable.
Speaker 8: And as of this Monday, I've just secured my spot in an intercontinental title match.
Speaker 1: So sweet. Yeah.
Speaker 8: I have not won a singles title in WWE yet. I've been with the company for thirteen years. It's a huge goal of mine. It has been for a long time, and to now get that opportunity to do that in front of my hometown crowd, is just unreal the way that this situation.
Speaker 1: Kind of worked out and came to fruition.
Speaker 8: It's another one of those things where the stars just aligned. So I'm going to bring my best that night and hopefully achieve this goal that's been on my back for a long long time.
Speaker 1: How'd you come up with your ring name? So where'd you get the last name from? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Dan Gable is one of the most famous, maybe the most famous American amateur wrestler of all time. And so we go through this process down in what we call developmental in NXT, where you select submit a list of names basically that you have ideas for yourself. And I submitted a list of I mean, it must have been forty just awful, god aful. I wish I had the list. They're embarrassing what they were. And they were just like, no, we're not using any of these. And then they basically said, you've got this background. You went to the Olympics. She had Gable and the second I heard it, I was like, that's it. And the coolest part is like I've met with Dan Gable multiple times since then, and he's a big supporter of WWE of Wrestling. He's got like nieces and nephews that are huge fans, grandkids, and he basically gave me his blessing, you know, to use his name.
Speaker 1: Which was one of the coolest things.
Speaker 6: That's sweet when you were talking about growing up watching WWF at the time or WCW right, like the characters all had like a bit right, like the million Dollar Man through money in people's mouth, or Jake the Snake like we mentioned earlier, Hacksaw would break a two by four over your face, or coach everywhere was the birdman and head. Now it seems like that's not a thing. You don't have to have like a really cheesy gimmick. You just have to have personality, right, So when you were cultivating that personality, what did they tell you in terms of things that you were supposed to try to grow and find?
Speaker 1: So you're kind of on your own for that.
Speaker 8: It's kind of like discovering yourself, you know, or what it is about you that that resonates with people.
Speaker 1: And when people ask.
Speaker 8: Me about that, I say, well, think about who you are when you're around the people that can like put up with you, you know, the people that your people, you know, your friends, your family, you're the person, you're the most loose around that you allow yourself to be vulnerable with. You have to allow that to transfer to your character because there's a reason they can put up with you. There's a reason that like, hey, I can hang out, I can deal with this guy for a while. You know, figure out those qualities about yourself and then let that come out through your character. And some people that's being funny. Some people that's just being a leader or whatever it is about you. You know, but you have to do some of that like inside soul searching and say what makes me, you know, what makes me connect with people, and then use that to connect with our millions and millions of fans.
Speaker 4: Well that's fine again, that's Chad Gable And don't forget SummerSlam coming to US Bank Stadium August first and second and before the first bell rings. By the way, WWE is helping students start the school year ready to learn with a supply drive to help teachers across Minnesota fill their classrooms again. It's a SummerSlam Teacher supply Drive. Check out more information at Immenssports Andevents dot org. Slash donate twenty nine Blaze Credit Union locations statewide where you can drop off things like a you know, pencil pouches, erasers, round tip scissors and never two pencils. I mean important stuff because as we all know, Chad teachers are woefully underpaid.
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, some of my teachers growing up had the biggest impact on me. Taught me things that still served me to this day. So yes, I'm going down and support that today. If you've got the time, it's gonna be a great event.
Speaker 4: So lots going on there again, that is Mnsports and Events dot org, slash donate and August first and second, US Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, two events, two days at US Bank Stadium. I mean the the this is such a wrestling area and this is such a wrestling town. I'm sure if I would guess both of Mosellau, would you agree.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: The thing about Minneapolis specifically is we have such a history here when it comes to pro wrestling. And like most most people you know associate Hulk Hogan with pro wrestling in general, right, he came through here as like the Road Warriors, you know, Kurt Hennig and Rick Ruts and classic names you know from a to the history here is incredible. So to be a part of that now that legacy is awesome. But to have an event like this, which you know, after WrestleMania, this would be considered our biggest event. We do so big now that you mentioned, we have to do it over two days because to kramool on one day is just too much. So to be able to host that here in a place with such just storied history is awesome.
Speaker 2: Man. I feel so fortunate that I get to be on the show.
Speaker 1: It's going to be great.
Speaker 7: Let me ask you this question, and sorry if this was asked, but how do you get discovered in the world of wrestling?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 7: I know, like you were saying earlier about how like you have some of the technique, you got to be able to eat. It's personality based and all that. But like, is there like scouts like there are for other sports?
Speaker 1: Are there scouts in wrestling?
Speaker 8: So we do tryouts right like three four times a year, and they'll pick them in very specific spots and they'll invite people, so they'll be a tryout here in Minneapolis right SummerSlam weekend because it's one of our big events. So they've got eyes on different sports and amateur sports different, and they'll invite people that they see that seem attractive to them. They may have qualities that already stand out to them that they'll invite. Then we also invite people from like independent wrestling organizations, smaller promotions around the country that have made a name for themselves that we want to give a shot too. So there's no definitive like path. You know, you never really know. Sometimes you get a call and it's like, hey, you want to be in a child that's like the dream call that a lot of people get. And some people show up to our shows and they're what we call extras and they may be used in the background of a shot, or they may be used in a segment. Show up enough times as an extra and do really well, eventually maybe you land yourself a tryout. So there's all these different little paths. There's no real one route to get there. But yeah, man, it's it's sometimes you just get lucky.
Speaker 2: How many shows are you on a year?
Speaker 8: We are year round. We don't take breaks, so I'm on Monday nights and then we do not as many live events. We call them live events. They're the untelevised shows on the weekend. We don't do as many of those as we used to, but we still do them. For example, last week and I did Saturday Sunday in New Mexico and then Monday was in Dallas, so three we wrestle all the time.
Speaker 2: We do a lot of these, like overseas.
Speaker 8: We're overseas more than ever now, Like I don't It was hardly home in June because we were just I was in Paris, and then I was in Italy, and then I was in the UK and London and Wales and all over, and then it's like you come home for a day, wash your stuff, repack your bag, and then you fly out and you're gone again. In June, actually I went flew home from a show in Italy and I was on the connecting flight in Paris and I got a call that said, hey, actually you're going to be on the show Friday again as well. And I literally flew home, landed and got back on the flight go back to Italy, and I saw the same the same UH crew on the flight and they saw me get back on and their faces were like, what what are you doing?
Speaker 2: I think I was in the same seat, you know, going back over It was it was pretty crazy, So we.
Speaker 10: What a waste of time. That's a lot of flying. Man, you're going the wrong ways. You're going the wrong way, You're that's a lot of shows a year. But did you ever get nervous or are you still in that zone now at this point in your career where you're like, I've.
Speaker 1: Done this enough where no, I still get the butterflies. Yeah, every time.
Speaker 2: I won't say every time. I'd be lying if I said every time.
Speaker 1: But like like the.
Speaker 8: Live events for example, that I just talked to or talked about where they're untelevised, I do not get butterflies for those because those are just fun.
Speaker 1: Man, You're just wrestling, and.
Speaker 8: Uh, you know, with our televised shows, we have a lot more things to worry about as far as like we have times to hit and we have like like it's a production and it's like a TV show, so you've got a job to do there, like a lot of stuff to cover. With the live events, it's kind of you know, it's free ray and you're just having fun. You're just wrestling. You're interacting with the crowd a lot more than you would be. But the butterflies, like I'll have.
Speaker 2: Them here for sure.
Speaker 8: Man at SummerSlam, on the big shows, WrestleMania, I always get them. There's just moments like that that you when you dream about it. You dreamt about it when you were a little kid. So when those things come to fruition, you feel like a little kid again. You get those nerves, you get that kind of uneasiness. But that's the stuff that I think makes you perform. Your absolute best is when you get that little bit of a little bit of anxiety.
Speaker 1: You know when you're going out, you need that.
Speaker 2: Chad Gable gain is our guess.
Speaker 4: SummerSlam is coming US Bank Stadium August first and second, and don't forget. You can drop off school supplies at any Blaze credit union state wide, or make a monetary donation as well at Mnsports and Events dot org slash donate Max. You've been sitting there patiently, feel free to ask a real question if you would please.
Speaker 5: Gable, You just mentioned all the travel you guys are doing, and WW is more international than ever. Do you have like a particular that you like to wrestle internationally the most? Because those crowds are they just bring a whole different level when you're watching it on TV.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine being in that atmosphere, right.
Speaker 8: So I love going on our European tours because I love Europe. And when we travel over there, we kind of like we get busted around instead of driving ourselves or flying. It's like the coolest thing.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 8: It's like you're part of like a rock and roll band, you know. On tour you're just like it's late night drives and you're hanging out the crowds. Like you said, to your point, they're insane. The UK crowds are unbelievable. They always great. One of my first early tours I ever did in twenty sixteen was in the UK and there was a show in Blackpool. It's this small little like carnival town right on the water, and we did a show at this little palace. It was this intimate, little venue. It was so cool, and I remember they did like this soccer chant then put my name to it, Gable and the way they chanted it, I don't know the chant. I didn't get it because I don't watch soccer, you know, but like they get it. It's like their thing, and they put my name to it, and they did it for the first like eight or nine minutes of the match, and so I just danced like I was in there dancing that we're trying to figure it out, and I did. We didn't even touch. The bell had rung and me and my opponents didn't even touch for like nine minutes because we just let them do it. It's like that's the kind of magic that like if you get a crowd that's so into it and they just want to be a part of the show, you can have just a blast with a man and you never know, Like we didn't even do anything wrestling wise in the match. We just went nuts and had fun with the crowd. So well, they're they're pretty great.
Speaker 5: And sometimes that stuff could carry over, right, Like a lot of these crowd chants they'll start over there and then people watching back home will pick it back up and it'll kind of bring it over here too.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 8: To your point about that is like that stuff kind of leaked online that that specific night and people caught wind of it, and really, like I had a tag partner, Jason Jordan back then our tag team was American Elpha. That's what launched us, was that interest from that specific crowd. It carried over into like a show in London the next week, which was bigger and televised, and like then the American audience saw that and it was like that really launched us. So it's like those I don't know, a thousand people or whatever it was in that building in Blackpool was responsible for like a lot of our elevation.
Speaker 1: You know, it's crazy what can be done?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Chad, watch Corey over there, the main guy with the black hat on the Watch his face when I say this Corey.
Speaker 2: One of his trainers was Dusty Rhodes.
Speaker 1: Oh hell yeah, that's all I say.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, and again you're around Corey's age, actually a little bit younger, but that's that's your general I mean, that's a hero, right as a kid grown up. That's somebody who was bigger than life on television.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And to the point I mentioned earlier about having to break through, like the character stuff that I struggled so much with, and yeah, speaking that was Dusty's role down at the Performance Center when he was coaching, was he did what we call presentation skills class. It's basically promos and interviews because I mean he was the master at that, right, He's the all time past. Yeah, So to have him be the one teaching us. I mean, first of all, very anxiety and see because he's the best of all time. Yeah, but he was so cool to me. Like I always say, there was people down in NXT and when I started, and they're on the main roster too, but like I say, they're like they were unnecessarily cool, Like they're so much larger than life and they don't have any reason to just be genuinely awesome people. And they were so cool to me. And Dusty was one of them. And he always called me shoot like you got a little lisp. Shooter Shooter in WWE means like you were an amateur wrestler, you have a legitimate background. He was shooter Shooter and he tried to get me to loosen up. Loosen up man.
Speaker 1: And he was u.
Speaker 8: He was just a master at reading people and getting under people's person to their real personality and pulling it out of him. He was just the He was the man.
Speaker 6: That give me your give me your mount rushmore Wrestlers all time, total package, the ability, the character, the interviews, all of it, the promo.
Speaker 8: I do these a lot, and it changes every time based on who I'm currently watching. But Brett Hart is on there for me because just I think he's what the greatest wrestler probably Sean Michaels, Paul Cogan, Yeah, Steve Austin, Oh, correct, because.
Speaker 1: Telling stories.
Speaker 8: At the end of the day, I've realized how important, you know, storytelling and characters, all of that is. I used to be just a technical wrestling guy. If you would ask me that ten years ago, it would have been nothing but technical wrestlers on that list. But some of those guys, in the stories they told and the characters they presented were We're like nothing we've ever seen.
Speaker 4: So obviously there's different generations of wrestling fans. I was a kid of the eighties. I'm fifty five years old, right, so it is a totally different thing. But it could be stated in some ways, this is the golden age of what you do.
Speaker 2: Would you agree? Is this the time you are glad to be a part of what you're part of?
Speaker 1: Yes, I think we're hitting a point.
Speaker 8: We're at a point where you're getting the best of every world.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 8: It's it's character driven, it's story driven, and without a doubt, it's the most athletically inclined generation that I think we've ever seen in wrestling. Like, guys are doing stuff now that people would have never even thought possible twenty years ago. And it makes it hard man for guys like me. Now they're kind of getting up there in age. It's like, these guys are crazy. They're doing stuff that we can't.
Speaker 2: Now. He w so as he may.
Speaker 4: Yeah, pul yourself down there, good man, as he sits down. I mean that that's it's Wisconsin versus Minnesota here man, Oh yeah, this bad blood between the two. No, we adopted him and we adopted him into Minnesota.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome to the show man. Thank you for coming on. We appreciate it you doing. That's good to meet you.
Speaker 11: That's outis everybody going on, beautiful babe.
Speaker 4: We've we've asked him all the hard questions, so we got we have nothing but easy questions for you right here.
Speaker 2: Yes he is.
Speaker 4: Well again, welcome and we only have a couple of mints left here. But how excited are you to be wrestling at US Bank Stadium?
Speaker 2: We just talked to him about that. How big is this for you? I'll tell you what this is?
Speaker 11: Uh kind of animey territory I'm a Packer fan. You gonna say this, but it's gonna be cool, babe. We already been there for appearances to promote, and man, it's a big stadium day. It's gonna be cool.
Speaker 9: See a lot of movies that you see today, Max so yo Otis, I'm curious you got, you know, for both of you guys actually know, WW is famous for having, you know, really adamant fans, fans that get really into a day.
Speaker 1: They show up wherever you guys are at.
Speaker 5: What is like the funniest interaction you guys have had with a fan in recent memory.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, I got I'm trying to think of.
Speaker 8: So. I used to do this thing to your point about people having gimmicks and doing the two by fours and all this.
Speaker 1: A few years ago.
Speaker 8: I used to do this thing where I would go, oh, yeah, I would I stole it from a poly Shore.
Speaker 1: Movie in the nineties and I would.
Speaker 8: Go shoosh, and it's just stupid, like it's so dumb, man, But like people loved it. So I kept doing it, and we had to do an appearance once in like Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: It was very kind of like covid Era probably had.
Speaker 1: A nice fat bottom lipper.
Speaker 8: So the guy had tobacco, right, and just one of his lips and it was COVID. So we had like this the screens between it was like a plastic screen meet and greet thing between us, and the guy wanted to do the shush thing with me, so I did it and he did it back to me. But the tobacco, like, thank God for the COVID screens because it like hit on the screen and just went down. It was so disgusting, dude, But me and you were just like looking at it, you like, what are we doing this? Hall?
Speaker 11: But the way he was at the firing range was going right. I say, Atlanta Airport, Uh, you know, older lady comes up.
Speaker 6: Big fan.
Speaker 1: Can I touch your calves? And she just crossed my calves gate.
Speaker 11: Yes you may, and there's a good two minutes of rubbing.
Speaker 2: She's thinking about that right now wherever she is.
Speaker 1: You know that you welcome, babe, Atlanta Airports.
Speaker 6: It's risky not the demo you would have guessed either, or what little older lady?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh no, no, yeah, So that's that's a demograph right there that you love the older ones. Oh, they just love me too.
Speaker 4: I tell you we love you man, and thank you guys both so much for coming in. Max's gonna take you in the other room and continue the interviewing and I'm actually going to post it a little bit later today.
Speaker 5: Is that right.
Speaker 2: It's great to meet you both.
Speaker 4: I'd love to have you back in again at some point, maybe when you're back in actually for the big event, which again for everybody tuned in, SummerSlam coming to US Bank Stadium August first and second. Get your tickets now, and don't forget donate drop off school supplies at Blaze Credit Union locations statewide and obviously monetary donations well at Mnsports Andevents dot org slash donate. Let's help these kids get a better education so they can live their dreams like Otis and Chad gabl Ar.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys. Thanks, it's good to meet you guys. Thanks Ben. All right, we're gonna bet.
Speaker 6: On the British Open in a second.
Speaker 1: We'll have a whole bunch of people on the stream.
Speaker 6: Max is going to go interview Otis and Chad in the other room and I can get that posted later.
Speaker 1: For you guys. Leader Today, this is the power of Troop Morning show the fan from the one eight hundred ASK Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsored by Louth