Speaker 1: Mojo in the morning.
Speaker 2: I mentioned this on the show yesterday that we have a new boss.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: So our new boss is Kim Blockhamp who Kim worked with Kim from many many years. Kim started here and you know, as a sales manager and then moved to the director of sales and now is uh the market president, I believe is what they call them for Detroit.
Speaker 1: So yesterday, hanging in studio here.
Speaker 2: And getting some kind of editing work done and just kind of honestly slow walking leaving the station, and Kevin and I are in the studio. Kim comes walking in and keV did one of those whole things quiet Kim's coming right here.
Speaker 1: I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: So Kim walked into the studio because we have this, you know, beautiful window here and people can kind of like see that we're still here. And she comes walking and it was the first time that I had an opportunity to see her and talk to her since she's got this new title and stuff. And she asked a question that was really interesting. And I want to bring this up to the listeners because I want you to participate in this. So Kim, now, as the boss said, is there anything that you guys want or need here that can help you do your jobs better. And when she said that, I was like, hold on, let me.
Speaker 1: Pull off my pad. The score.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it got me to a point where where I go, I can't think of anything.
Speaker 1: But I have so many things that I really wish that everyone.
Speaker 4: Wants, but not necessarily to help us story jobs better.
Speaker 2: Like first thing I said to her was I just want a bathroom that works, you know what I mean, Like that's all I want. Like I wasn't, you know, like I want that, Like I'd like to be able to have a good parking spot like or a parking lot or something like that that it'd be cool. So I was going through the whole thing and then she said she made a comment, Kevin, you remember this. When she said, I asked Cody the question, and Cody said that she would love if we got vending machines here, which because we all were here all day and we have no food.
Speaker 4: You know, it would be my first Whenever we go to other heart stations, they always have like fully stocked snack kitchen.
Speaker 3: Vegas is christ The best thing about working at Quicken is they had slushy machines. They had those waters. They had snack bins everywhere, like.
Speaker 4: Are the little things that are big?
Speaker 1: Here's here's the really actual gain rate. So here's the thing.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna write this down and we're gonna give our wish list to Kim. But I want the listeners to help us with this. What is it that we would like here in our office that we if if you know, it wasn't a problem, we could actually have And.
Speaker 4: Like, do you have something cool in your office that you want to recommend to us to ask for?
Speaker 5: Can I say one thing that I don't want on a list, like put this on that we do not need lists. Puppy farms, We do not need dogs in the office. We talked about that already, We talked about it earlier. That would not make me a happy worker.
Speaker 3: About those nappods we had those at Quickened too.
Speaker 2: Where you can go and take an ab So can I say what would be it would be cool for though, like a Zach who Zach's here for a long time and if he could just like like there's times where we have late nights where it's like, all right, just give me a thirty minute. You know, little thing? I guess it would that would be kind of cool. But can I tell you one of the biggest things. And I said this to her yesterday. I said, Kim, here's the thing that I want. I want, I want whatever it is that makes people say I want to go into the office because there's a vibe there. Because here's the thing. I know that there are many people in their jobs that say I'm more productive at home mm hmm, and I don't believe it. And I'm going to say this. I know that you guys go motor. You don't understand. No, I think that you're as productive as you are wherever you are. But it's the thing of when I got into radio and I started working at radio, and I still feel the way now with you guys. I love I like seeing your faces. I like being here with you guys, like I want this like we had we've had a fun show that you know, this has been good, Like everybody's here, get to you know, slap five during commercials and you know what I mean, like talk about crap and stuff like that. And I think that you miss that when you're somebody that is just sitting at home all day doing all your stuff, thinking that you're getting more done because people aren't bothering you. If there is something in this office or people in this office that you really want to truly be with, you'll make it a point to be there. You'll drive twelve hours to be there. You know, you just say it though, you say you started essences or people. If there are people in the office that you want to be around, yes, that's how he's starting to since. And maybe the first thing that we need to do, Kim, is we need to get some of those.
Speaker 1: People there, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But I will say this with even Josh, you know next door, he's been their newest.
Speaker 1: I love being around.
Speaker 4: Josh right now to us and have him come in and he's walking around now.
Speaker 1: Josh is awesome. I've had this.
Speaker 2: I wish if you could take this radio station and transport it to I don't even remember what the year was, but there was a year where we had Andrea Kelly.
Speaker 1: Right now.
Speaker 2: All these people they all graduated shows, they all graduated from like Michigan State, and they all got hired at the same time, and they all came here. There was a uh, I remember Jeff Luckoff and uh, you know, I don't remember who the other.
Speaker 1: A holes were La was down there.
Speaker 4: We had a sales.
Speaker 2: Floor, but we had like a group of people that all were around the same age. They were fun, they were they had a vibe to them. I honestly, I remember Telsea saying to me, you go on more appointments than you've ever gone on in your life. And it was, honestly, a lot of it was going because each of these guys were younger and they were into what they were doing. Selling the advertising and our promotions department was like hopping and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Like yeahtual the emotions sales floor downstairs, because I was all thing. It was two levels at the time. I would go down there after the show just like hang It was so fun. It was amazing, Like you you'd want to go down there and hang out.
Speaker 5: I feel like that's the sign of a good work environment, when people are there beyond the time they have to get paid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I.
Speaker 5: Remember even when I used to insert in a jail, but it was the same thing and energy matters. Yeah, And it was obviously I was like eighteen or nineteen, so just being involved in you know, the radio industry and concerts and having events and stuff was just enough to be there anyway, but when you're there after or after your quote unquote sift, that's when you know you've got a good work environment.
Speaker 2: Somebody said something to me that I guess they were talking about us, our show, and they were saying that there are people that get jealous of what we have as a show and they feel like we don't let anybody else in on stuff. And that bothered me because I want everybody to feel like they're part of what we do, like any I don't even care if you're our competitor across the dial, but we need to get that into the whole entire building. And that's kind of something that I was hoping for with this topic, where you can call up and tell us, like Clara, what are you saying that that we need her?
Speaker 1: I guess at my old job, we had a masseuse coming and give us massages. You can.
Speaker 2: About if their puppy massages, by the way, massages would be wild.
Speaker 1: Honestly, Can I say this to you?
Speaker 2: And I don't know what the company would think of that, but if you brought in like a person with like one of those tables, and they.
Speaker 4: Did, we had at the table chair massage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll do.
Speaker 4: It my back, rub my head, rub my hands. Oh, I'd be so happy.
Speaker 2: We used to have a guy sales manager back in the day that IM convinced he used to used to give massages to people. I was during that same era that I was talking about earlier. What's going on, Emily? How you doing?
Speaker 1: List with his names? Oh? What's that? What do you got from.
Speaker 5: The first couple?
Speaker 1: Will be like having someone will come in and do.
Speaker 5: Like health and wellness stuff like gong or zoomba, just as fun stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's your next one?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: No, nothing the food related, y'all?
Speaker 3: Like pasta, Pallas, all of it, sandwich exactly an organization.
Speaker 2: No, no offense by the way to uh to buddies pizza. We're tired of buddies pizza. No offense to you guys. We love you buddies pizza, but we we don't need enough pizza. We don't we are I get it. It's the trade that we have or whatever the deal is. But it would be cool to have, like Cody said, just random food here. Now you bring up an interesting thing. I like the idea of having something like a health thing. But we've done, and we've done that before. But he's.
Speaker 3: Someone come in with ivs and B twelve shots once a week. Also at Rocket, I like, I love yeah, yeah yeah. For the bankers, what's the see what do you think of it?
Speaker 5: Because the snack thing is interesting because it's that old water cooler mentality where you get something that people can gather around and you start to talk.
Speaker 4: So westworks in one of those co working spaces and part of his like monthly fee includes they set out like a quick grab and go, but like breakfast every morning for everybody, and then around happy hour time it's all snacks and like actual drinks if you want to go have a beer, if you want some snacks whatever.
Speaker 1: They do that every single day. Let's make it like a country club.
Speaker 4: Like I hate to say this, but there's always sas.
Speaker 2: How you go to that halfway house or something like that at a golf course. Like make it like that where it's like hot dogs. You guys make fun of me all the time because I come back from Tampa after doing the showdown there and I come back and I go, guy, there's a vibe there. I love this place. But you walk in they've got popcorn machine. Cotton candy machine. They've got a soda stream. They've got that water you know, cooler thing that colligan and where you can actually make flavor.
Speaker 1: You have your own water.
Speaker 3: They have someone cooking for them, they have the food they'll bring in like featured restaurants.
Speaker 2: And the thing that it is, the deal is the restaurants want to do it because all the shows talk about them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and they have they have that. Why don't we start our own restaurant week.
Speaker 1: That'd be great.
Speaker 5: We have restaurants who want to pull up, Yeah, maybe do a little breakfast, a little brunch spread for us.
Speaker 2: What does it called breakfast out between breast where you're going to Let's let's have a restaurant week.
Speaker 1: I like it. What's going on?
Speaker 2: Uh, Jessica high Hind morning morning. We're looking for ideas of things that we can tell camera new boss.
Speaker 6: Second second to because that's important. But we have at my job a super fancy coffee machine. It's like touchscreen.
Speaker 3: It makes ice lattes.
Speaker 6: In and then our boss like socks, our fridge full of like cream and all the things. And I said, it's like the best part of my day is getting there and making my costs.
Speaker 4: That first copy makes me really joyful.
Speaker 2: Take a picture of that machine and send it to us. Okay, it's amazing.
Speaker 6: And then also we have a reverse osmosis water machine and it's so funny. It's like.
Speaker 1: Fresh water.
Speaker 6: It's amazing.
Speaker 7: Literally, are people people bringing like empty jugs I'm.
Speaker 2: Going to bring I'm gonna bring my milk carton, desiree, what do you think that we need here?
Speaker 6: A breakfast bar?
Speaker 4: Period?
Speaker 1: Now you're talking cereal bar.
Speaker 3: I want to some fruit, hash brown, all of.
Speaker 1: It, desiree. Where do you work that you have this?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 6: I wish I did, but you're just But I see it all the time on my Instagram reels and stuff.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 2: Somebody said, a sonic ice machine. That's what one person texted. Uh. A person said maybe new vehicles. You talked about how bad your car? Your trucks are.
Speaker 1: Talking about?
Speaker 2: Person here says popcorn machine?
Speaker 1: How about video games? Pac Man? Pinball? Oh? I like this one?
Speaker 2: Hold on a candy dispenser. You can bring a candy dispenser in. And then a person said free tampon.
Speaker 1: Oh they did that too, I rocket, which was nice. Get some free tamp I don't have soundballs. No, they have like and not even that.
Speaker 3: They also had mouthwash in there and reusable toothbrushes.
Speaker 4: I always steal all that stuff.
Speaker 1: I put any of my first What's up Amy High, Hi, Hi die.
Speaker 7: Long time listeners, Family three Winner from back in the day. That's that's right. I remember Mojo was like, who is that screaming in the background, and Spike was like, that's the mom get so loud, and I'm like, you know, so that's awesome. I love you guys for what you guys are looking for is I used to do this for my company that I used to work for. Once a month we would do I would do a breakfast bar and I would make everything for all of the employees, and then we would have employee Night where we would go and do a happy hour. But I was told and this was so disappointing, because everybody that I worked with love me, love my personality, love my energy. It was the executive people at the top that had said that I was quote unquote a personality higher. So I my my contribution to the team wasn't money making, meaning I wasn't bringing I was basically an overhead cost. I wasn't bringing money from the for sales to the company. But when I left that company, everybody was like, oh my god, it's so terrible.
Speaker 5: Personality are necessary because you uplift everybody else.
Speaker 1: That quote unquote is productive. Yeah, you know how.
Speaker 7: Absolutely the morale. If I can be somebody's cheerleader, I don't care if I'm having a bad day, I can make you smile like you made my day.
Speaker 1: I will tell you this, I.
Speaker 2: Work over the years. I can tell you who the personality hires were. They did make the company money because you know what they did. They made me and a lot of people that were there doing a lot of hours. They made us happy that we were going to work every single day.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. I think that's what we took out of all the businesses. Yeah, we have well I.
Speaker 2: Think I think, well we are guaranteed, like you don't you know you walk I I went into an office yesterday to go get my taxes. I walked in. I had to press a doorbell to walk. I walk into the office and it's like ring the doorbell and we'll let you know we're here. That's the worst way to greet a customer, you know, it's like you're a customer of the business and you have to door bell it. That's a bunch of bull crap real quick. Sarah says that she can help us with something. What's that, Sarah, you guys, I.
Speaker 7: Work for a venging company.
Speaker 1: Yes, please bring.
Speaker 3: Us some treats.
Speaker 2: Let's talk to you here off the air. What kind of stuff is in your vending machines?
Speaker 7: Everything? I have a girl on my phone right now that does the sales. Her name is Scarlet.
Speaker 2: We have Scarlettott, Sarah and Scarlet in the morning. What's up, guys. We're on Mojo in the morning right now. Do you guys service I can't believe it. Do you guys service Eastern Market area?
Speaker 6: If we do downtown Detroit, don't we?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I'm gonna put you guys in touch with Lydia and then Lydia is gonna give your information to to cam. Okay, okay, you know what I'd like. I'd like extra nacho cheesy doritos.
Speaker 4: Gotta be cool and.
Speaker 1: Five has got to be the nacho cheesy.
Speaker 4: The company they do those micro markets, that's what really is like a little market. They'll they'll put it in your I like it.
Speaker 2: Hold on, hold on, guess guess what Jasmine thinks we should add. Jasmine, what do you think we should add? Margarita Maine.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I have an issue.
Speaker 7: I got a damn Margarita.
Speaker 1: Who wants to Margarita?
Speaker 2: Wow, that's amazing. You know, all these are great ideas. These are all great idea. You're hired people and culture. Which which company do you work at?
Speaker 4: I probably absolutely you should.
Speaker 1: You'll have everybody in the world wanting to work there.
Speaker 6: I work for like a automotive supplier.
Speaker 3: Are they allowed to drink all day or is it like after a certain hour.
Speaker 7: It's like on Fridays.
Speaker 3: I'll bring it into the office bottle and then we'd started at like three o'clock.
Speaker 1: I love it. I love it. I love it. That's all.
Speaker 2: I could go on forever with these. These are such good calls. You know what we got to do secret sounds, So we'll go to that. And then if you got good ideas, keep texting them to us. Nine five five zero zero d m us with uh, maybe pictures of the stuff that you have in your office.
Speaker 1: We're changing this radio station. There's a new boss in town and his name is Billy down of it, and what's it.
Speaker 2: Like right of it? No, there's a movie. There's that one movie. I forget what movie it isn't going It was Eddie Murphy and goes there's a new sheriff in town and his name is I forget what the hell of the movie