Speaker 1: All right, it's Mojo in the morning. I got to go on record that I do complain about this every single year. I always forget where I live. I live in a town called West Bloomfield, Michigan, and for some reason, the people that I live by have expendable income to go out and waste money on things called fireworks. I am not kidding you. For the last week or so week and a half, I have been every single night trying to lay my head to sleep at nine thirty, ten o'clock, ten thirty, eleven o'clock, eleven thirty, and I cannot fall asleep because all I hear is put boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom. And it's coming from all over the place. It's coming from the east, it's coming from the west, it's coming from the north, it's coming from the south. It's all over Waterford's even popping them off Commerce Township's got a couple of them going off Orchard Lake.
Speaker 2: Big.
Speaker 1: So it's gotten to a point now where I am tired, and I'm going to say this to you. I'm not going to listen to you complain that the shell station at Hiller in Commerce Road has four dollars and forty five cent gas.
Speaker 2: Because if you can blow.
Speaker 1: Off fireworks in the sky that probably are costing you, I don't know, we gotta be or let's say fifty bucks a box, you know, or whatever it is, and then maybe they who knows how much they get, how many they get. Then you shouldn't complain about the high prices of gas, because I'm telling you it has gotten to be insane. I don't know. Call me up and tell me how much money you spend on these fireworks.
Speaker 3: I am always blown away pun intended by the dollar amount that people spend on fireworks, like I can't wrap my brain around spending, you know, two thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: It's one of those people do have. It's one of.
Speaker 1: Those things where you would say, Okay, well, maybe it's the lakes or the communities firing off. It's not because I know when they're doing theirs, and those are always done right, They are always done ten oh three read they light them off in by ten fifteen or ten twenty, they're completely done. These ones are just random.
Speaker 4: I mean, I would much rather have the early fireworks than the post July four, fireworks because to me, that like July fourth, okay fifth, if you ask some leftovers, get them out the way. When it starts getting later in the and you're still blowing, I got a jot along.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is my by way, this is actual slash, this is this is live right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is life.
Speaker 1: West one, I think I think that you have to look at the law. But I think the law is it's July first to sometime a right, but so it ends not so it's not even last.
Speaker 5: Night they were so loud.
Speaker 3: Somebody was doing them around my house and West kept going, is it thundering? Like is there a thunderstorm? I'm like, no, it's freaking fireworks.
Speaker 2: I thought it was.
Speaker 1: Actually Actually, you know what I did last night? I yelled at lukecause Luke's room is right above our room.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, Luke, what are you doing up there? And Chelsea goes.
Speaker 1: Chelsea goes, I think he's sleeping right now, like it was, but it was because it's sounded like it was that close in my u my house.
Speaker 2: Shout out, what's his name? Remember?
Speaker 6: Pat?
Speaker 4: I met him like through here at Exotic.
Speaker 1: Pat who used to own Entertainment Express limousines.
Speaker 5: Okay, so Pat I met him through here in that year.
Speaker 4: I was like, you know what, I want to be the firework provider for my family. The most I spen it was seven hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: I remember, Yeah, I had.
Speaker 4: I had a lot of fireworks, but that was that's my He's still own. It's like in Dearborn or Dearborn Heights, right, like you still got it. But I'm planning to go this year. I want to do it again.
Speaker 6: All of these are illegal because it says you can't start until June twenty ninth through July fifth.
Speaker 1: And you know what, I'm calling the Policecy Michigan.
Speaker 2: What's going on? Olga?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 5: First time time?
Speaker 2: Hold on, Olga, hold on real quick. I'm watching. I'm watching. Ooh, what's going on? I'm sorry? What were you going to say?
Speaker 7: No, I was just calling to agree with you that West Boomfield is the absolute worst for the fireworks. Like every single night, the kids keep waking up, the dog keeps just going crazy, I mean awful.
Speaker 1: Don't get me started on the dogs. I thank god my one dog's death now because he is the worst out of all of them, because he was petrified he'd be shaking and they would never want to go outside to go pee.
Speaker 2: You gotta sedatum. Yeah, yeah, we're in West Bloomfield, are you allga?
Speaker 7: I'm on Drake between fourteen and fifteen or fifteen and sixteen.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, cool, all right? Well, has the cannon struck you? No?
Speaker 1: The neighbor with the cannon. I actually kind of like because he only does it three times a year. He does it fourth of July or no. He guys a Memorial Day forth of July and Labor Day.
Speaker 5: So he gives everybody a warning.
Speaker 2: Two day he gives a warning shot. Yeah, Sean, what's going on? Sean?
Speaker 8: Hey, the reason why they're doing that. You gotta find the garage guy.
Speaker 2: There's always that one.
Speaker 1: Guy that has the garage full of fireworks and he sell him a dime a dozen.
Speaker 2: Really, that's interesting. I never know that works like. He's always that one guy. For some reason.
Speaker 1: He goes out and he finds fireworks, and you go in the garage and he's loaded with fireworks.
Speaker 2: The walls are loaded and dime a dozen.
Speaker 1: Go ahead and get him, and now you got all day from two hundred bucks. Don't smoke in that guy's garage, right, it would be a bad idea.
Speaker 2: Do not do that. Do not do that. Big explosions, the fireworks, the big explosions. Thank you for the call. I appreciate it. Favion is on with us right now. Hi Favion, Hey, how you good? Good buddy? What's going on?
Speaker 7: So? When I turned eighteen, I spent about two thousand dollars with some fireworks.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, eighteen?
Speaker 5: How fast did you go through those?
Speaker 9: Uh? They took a long time.
Speaker 8: I had enough for like two days.
Speaker 2: Do you light each one individually?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 2: Are you the guy?
Speaker 1: And then has to have to like run, Yeah, I'm not lighting off fireworks ever since the weather guy uh here in town lost his eyeball, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dave Rex rock yours friends and the family, right, yeah, got the finals. Yeah he deserved it. No, he's a good man.
Speaker 5: That was sad, that's sad story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's I guarantee he's not lighting fireworks off anymore.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 5: Jay?
Speaker 2: Hi? J? What's up?
Speaker 6: Hi this? T J?
Speaker 5: How are you well?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, TJ. We got to make sure I put that in differently. What's going on? T J?
Speaker 5: I think I live in the area where you live at.
Speaker 6: I live off Square Lake in Middle Belt, Okay, and they are going off the hand and Lake Long Time Lake, Georgia Lake, all the lakes got fireworks and I'm tired over.
Speaker 1: Well, get ready because it's it's only just begun, TJ. You're going to be tired for a while. Now, what do you do TJ? For a living?
Speaker 2: Okay? This woman's got to get to work.
Speaker 1: Not everybody's off right. I wonder what they do, but TJ, I wonder what they all do for a living? Like I wonder what all these people that spend.
Speaker 5: All this did you guys see, I'm just reading. I want to know what do they do?
Speaker 6: They liquor store of the gas.
Speaker 1: It's that's funny.
Speaker 2: What were you say?
Speaker 9: So, I'm just reading a story that's like breaking right now that Michigan officials say that more than seventeen thousand pounds of illegal fireworks and explosives were just taken off the streets during a multi phase investigation estimated to be worth more than two hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: The story coming out of Garden City counterfeit fireworks.
Speaker 2: What do you think.
Speaker 5: About counterfeit illegal.
Speaker 2: What do they? What are they? How are they are legal?
Speaker 3: They're overloaded explosive devices that were marked as consumer fireworks and they were just so they were like not they were professional grain, which requires special licensing and special storage, and people were just.
Speaker 5: Had them at their houses. They got to be kept at a certain temperature some priorage.
Speaker 2: Oh got it, they're extra Like.
Speaker 5: We look at some of these. That's all fireworks. Oh my god, somebody just had that in their garage.
Speaker 2: Let me see it one more time. I think looks like it looks like a flower pot with creator.
Speaker 1: Hold on, Ali, your neighbor spends ten grand on fireworks?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 8: Yes, I swear?
Speaker 2: Does he do? Yeah? What does he do for a living? Well, it's a it's a she.
Speaker 8: She she used to work for a DT down in Port.
Speaker 7: You're on.
Speaker 8: I won't send the location, but it's so crazy that they we block off both sides of the road and we don't allow cars. The cops got called before, and there's like, I want to say, twenty pallets of fireworks that are just ready to go.
Speaker 3: Do you like this?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh I love it? Really?
Speaker 1: You you're not picking up You're not you're not picking up wrappers in your yard,