Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses, the only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't.
Speaker 4: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck now your pregame host of the world champion La Dodgers tam Cats.
Speaker 3: Hi, everybody, and welcome in to my Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on this Tuesday night, March thirty, first, twenty twenty six. It is gloomy, it is cloudy, it's a bit cold out here in southern California, but the Dodgers' bats looking to heat up here as they continue their series with the Cleveland Guardians. After dropping the series opener last night, the Dodgers back at it tonight on Yoshi Bobblehead Nights. Yes for the first forty thousand in attendance, as the Dodgers take on the Cleveland Guardians Yoshi Bobblehead Night. Yeah, there's Yoshi excited. For tonight as Yoshinobu Yamamato. Yamamoto will catch the opening first pitchy okay, well, we'll try and yosh Yoshi will catch the first pitch.
Speaker 4: Sho hey Otani.
Speaker 3: We'll be on the mountain tonight for the Dodgers Game two this three game series from Uniclo Feel the Dodger Stadium coming up at seven to ten. Coming up over the next hour here on Marongo Casino. Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from Dodger manager Dave Roberts. You're also gonna hear from Dodger third basement Max Munsey that is coming up in forty five minutes. We got your Dodgers magical moment. Shortly Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA. We'll stop by. We'll check in with Tim Neverd and Rick Monday out the galpin Ford Broadcast booth. Well last night, Roki Sisaki got the start for the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: After a shaky spring.
Speaker 3: He was pretty good live last night's Walking the tight rope for four innings. Gave up one run on four hits while striking out four throwing seventy eight pitches, gave up an RBI double to Stephen Kuan in the third, the only damage done. He turned it over to Tanner Scott, who would pitch an inning of relief, striking out a pair. He's looked good at his first couple of outings out of the Dodger bullpen. Justin Robleski came in after that and got into destroy trouble. In the seventh inning, loaded the bases. Reese Hoskins, a pinch hitter, walked with the bases loaded. That brought in a run and put the Guardians up two to nothing. And then up came Daniel Schneeman.
Speaker 2: Roblusky throws home, swung online the left. That's a base hit. This's we'll get two in. Martinez comes in, Here comes Kwan. Crow goes into second base, and now Cleveland has opened things up. They leaded Ford to nothing.
Speaker 3: Daniel Schneeman with a two run double dissenter as the Guardians up four to nothing. The Dodgers bats finally woke up in the ninth inning against Cleveland closer Cade Smith as Mookie Betts got the Dodgers on the board.
Speaker 2: There's two games going on right now. Mookie swings lines up to the cap and left center field, that's down for a hit. Tucker will score, ball splits the outfielders and goes to the wall around first and of the second standing is Mookie Betts and it's four to one. First double of the season for Bets and his fifth run.
Speaker 3: Batted in Dodgers on the board with an RBI double from Mookie Betts, and that is the top tier to play of the game, brought to you by Argo Quality, top tier gas for Less.
Speaker 4: Dodgers would tack.
Speaker 3: On one more Freddie Freeman and RBI ground out scoring Mookie Bets. Dodgers were down four to two. Unfortunately, they would get no closer as the Cleveland Guardians take this series opener. Parker Messek, the twenty five year old left hander six shutout innings, struck out five.
Speaker 4: Along the way.
Speaker 3: Rookies Zaki gets tagged with the loss after going to four plau sinnings. Justin Robleski would give up three runs in his relief last night as the Dodgers, for the first time this year, lose after a three game sweep of the Diamondbacks. Dodgers lose the series opener last night, but looking to get back on track tonight as show Hey Otani goes for the blue first pitch at seven to ten, and with more we head out to the galloping four broadcast booth as we say hello to Tim Nevertt and Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Guys, thank you very much.
Speaker 6: Tim.
Speaker 2: Very overcast here over Dodgers Stadium as the Dodgers and the Cleveland Guardians gets set to play Game two of this three game series, Cleveland winning last night by a four to two score of the bats just didn't seem to work very well for the Dodgers, in spite of the fact that they equalled the Guardians and hits with nine. It was just when they got the hits and they didn't put a run on the board until the bottom of the ninth inning when they played it two. But it just wasn't enough to get it done. The first loss of the season for the Dodgers and they look to recover here tonight against Tanner Biby, the right hander makes his second start per start didn't go that great form against Seattle on opening Day and show hey Otani will make his season debut. Otani feels healthy, he's ready to go, and he has a sight set on a Cy Young Award. But boll tonight the Dodgers will put Freddy Freeman back in the cleanup spot and Alex Freelan, the switch hitter, will be back in there at a bat left handed against the right hander Biby. What do they need to do to get the bats go? I get some tinly hits.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 7: One good thing is reviewing last night's bowl game, it was not as if the Dodgers expanded the strike zone and we're swinging wildly at pitches that were not strikes.
Speaker 6: That was not the case.
Speaker 7: And if we look at Freddy Freeman, he's really, to this particular point, the poster child for hanging with him. He's hitting the ball relatively hard, no question about that, but just three for sixteen. And this is a ball club that normally we see a lot of runners on base. Not the case last night. Although the Dodgers, they were just three for thirteen with runners on base, two for with runners in scoring position. And it is probably going to be changing with this lineup, no question about it. But you know, so far, Dodgers are done a very good job.
Speaker 6: Over the first.
Speaker 7: Four games with runners in scoring positions, They've hit three sixty four. The pitching has done a relatively good job two eighty six average against. I expect that to go down a little bit more, but you know you're going to have games like last night. And it wasn't like Cleveland just knocked the cover off the ball the entirety of the game.
Speaker 4: It was just a four to.
Speaker 7: Two loss, and the Dodgers hoping that they're going to rebound and wind up with a victory tonight so early.
Speaker 2: But you look at some of the guys, the big bats on the Dodger club, and they just haven't gotten going yet. Otani two for twelve, Tuner three for fifteen, Bets three for fifteen, Freeman three for sixteen. Smith is three for twelve, but two of those are home runs, one of them a game winner.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and you can I get to Will Smith to home plate often enough right now to get him advanced. But yes, Otani, Tucker, and Freeman combine that. That's four for forty three, eight six average combined. On that end of it. That's going to change because those guys are much better hitters. And you know, we're not even scratching the surface of the season. This is Game five and everybody's said, oh my goodness, the Dodgers lost last night. There's gonna be a few of them. It comes down to which teams. You figure you're going to win sixty, you're going to lose sixty. Well, what happens with the rest of the games. Those are the games that are captured by the good teams that go on to maybe win a World Series.
Speaker 2: It's one loss, No panic in the streets, please, It's the way baseball goes. You're gonna lose a game every now and then hoping to tie the series. Tonight are the Dodgers behind the right arm and the bat of show. Hey Otani is he will pitch, and he will lead off. It'll be his one hundred first career start tonight. Tanner Bybee has the ball for Cleveland ten.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you guys, as we cut you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get that game day meal on. It's Shakey's Pizza Parlor. You can order your Shaky's Pizza, chicken and Mojo's right now. It's Shakes dot Com. Colin and I and joined some Shaky's Pizza as we speak. Perfect night to have it. Bundle up joy some Dodgers baseball coming up here on Morocco Casino Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from the match of Dave Roberts. We're gonna check in with David VASSEO course, we'll break down this pitching matchup. What up next to you? Otani, re Ryane, and we'll visit with Kirsten Watson. It's Yoshi Bobblehead Night Show. Hey Otani, he's on the mouth. Yeah, that's all coming up as we lead you off to first pitch. Dodgers and the Guardians from the Ravine. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 4: Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 3: I'm two cases the back to back World champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunts on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's some Dodgers and the Clevelandlanding Guardians, Game two of this three game set, opening a homestand to start twenty twenty six show. Hey, o, Tan Tany and Tanner Biby. The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani ree Why Parker Messik, left hander delivers outside one ball, nose strikes to Otani.
Speaker 6: Silver Slugger Award winner boops on into short left field.
Speaker 2: That is going to drop in for a basement, a little parashot do drop.
Speaker 6: In Otani A boarded the league off singer.
Speaker 3: Show Hey Otani last night, just the one base hit as the Dodgers loose to the Guardians and the series opener for to two.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 3: Hey Kirson now joins us from Dodgers Stadium. Brought to you by Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of your old car. Donate it today your car could be picked up tomorrow. Donate now at Carsfrokids dot org.
Speaker 4: That's Cars with the.
Speaker 3: K Show Hey Otani gets to start at a lot of buzz at Dodger Stadium to night, of course, Yoshi bobble Ahead, sold out crowded Dodgers standing in forty thousand fans getting that elusive exclusive bobblehead that they all been lining up for hours to get. But on the Mound show, Hey Otani. Last time out against the Angels in the Freeway series, four Innians, eleven strikeouts.
Speaker 4: He's ready to go.
Speaker 8: Oh it's he is beyond ready to go. When you look at this guy, he only had two starts of course as a pitcher this spring because most of his time he is away from the team with Team Japan in the World Baseball Classic. And Andrew Friedman and the organization were very transparent when it came to show Hayes build up. They did not want him pitching with Team Japan. He of course continued with his build up, but there was a question mark as to what position he was going to be, how built up he was going to be by the time he returned back to camel Back Ranch to join the Dodgers, and he was so intentional in regard to his build up he was. He showed urgency, He did exactly what he needs to do, so he's in an incredible spot. Even coming into today, the stuff looks fantastic. Dave Roberts said they feel comfortable with him getting through six innings of work. Obviously, if he's very efficient, that could be more. But just when it comes to who he is on the mound this year, he has set big goals. He wants to post. He wants to be available every five to six days whenever he has called upon. He wants efficient numbers, he wants a high strikeout rate, he wants to be in the conversation to win a cy young and so when you look at all of these things he's putting his mind to this season, he is someone who has always expected just greatness. He has high expectations of himself, and for him to be verbalizing these things, it just shares that or it just shows. I should say that's it should be a special year. Every a special year for Soho Tani. But the goals he wants and what he wants to do in Dodger Blue this year, I mean expect it truly on both sides of the ball.
Speaker 3: Speaking of aspecting the last year, we expected Tanner Scott signed a four year deal with the Dodgers and free agency to come out and be dominant. Unfortunately, he didn't have a really great twenty twenty five, But so far in twenty twenty six, Tanner Scott looked really good.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, this is the Tanner I think, like you said, we were hoping to see last year. He's had three appearances, three shutout appearances this season and even you know how this stuff looks last year. Dave Roberts talked about how he felt like Tanner was being a bit predictable this off season and even during spring he was working really closely with Connor McGinnis and Mark Pryor just when it comes to his delivery, making sure he's not giving anything away. So the results have been showing right now. It's even funny like I was supposed to have a conversation with Tanner this afternoon and he was like, you know, I would want to talk to you, but I don't want to mess with the vibes right now.
Speaker 4: And so that's how you.
Speaker 8: Know he's feeling really good as well. He is looking to continue writing this hot he feels like the stuff isn't a really good spot, and so I told him, I said, listen, I don't want to mess with the vibes either. So if you're feeling good and you're telling me that, that is a very good sign. Because of course he's executing his pitches. Even yesterday to see him in a situation to kind of help get Roki out of that inning, having guys on and executing against the lefties. Even Dave today was saying how he now can put him in positions and truly and put him in runway where he can be extremely successful. Something we've seen him do you know, he was the lefty killer or I should say lefty attacker, probably inside of the left of killer. But how he was able to get lefties out, we're seeing that right now, and just kind of how it continues to set up the bullpen. So Tanner is in an excellent position. The bullpen in general isn't a really good spot as well. And so yeah, today we've got a lot of going on. Yoshi Yoshi's Yoshi bobblehead, which is iconic, and then Shoh having his first start of the regular season. Feels like a lot of good things are coming together right now.
Speaker 3: Baseball players are very superstitious all about routine. If it's going right, let's not mess with it with Tanner stuff, right exactly? All right, here's so let's check with you after the game. Still they come here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We'll dive deeper into this pitchy matchup. David Veasse goes one on one with Max Monti. But I'm nextull here from the manager Dave Roberts, Dodgers and Guardians on this Tuesday night.
Speaker 4: First pitch is seven ten. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back world champion Dodgers audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue All season Law.
Speaker 3: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this gloomy Tuesday night as we lead you up to first pitch. Dodgers and the Guardians Morongo Casino Resort and Spa a grand slam for good time show. Hey Otani on the mat. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: It's the La Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 3: Report, presented by our friends at UCLA Healthy official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Tommy Evan on the IEL to start the season, recovering from off season ankle surgery. Blake Snell is starting the year on the IEL the sore left shoulder. Brock Steer working his way back from off season shoulder surgery. Bruce dark gratterol slow to get going this spring because of this shoulder. Keik Aarnanda is starting the year on the sixty day i L. But the good news is Dave Roberts seems pretty optimistic the way he's trending right now. He should be good to go once the sixty days is expired. Landing neck on the IEL at the inner costal strength Gavin Stone shoulder on the eel.
Speaker 4: Good news Dave Roberts.
Speaker 3: Last night you're saying the Gavin Stone is pain free in the shoulder, so he will again start a throwing program. Let's head back out to Dodger Stadium and check out with the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 6: Anything else with the questions for Dave? Dave, can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 9: The dugouts with Dave Roberts, what I've learned about him, very focused, very determined, very doesn't get distracted, and you know, when he sets his mind on something he wants to, you know, see it happen.
Speaker 10: So, yeah, he's planning on going wire to wire as far as the pitching side, and obviously doesn't want to take any days off as a designated hitter. And then you just layering on if he's there, you know, the expectation to perform.
Speaker 8: My unlimited palings what we saw, But just what kind of were your takeaways from, whether it's performance on the mound, how the stuff was looking.
Speaker 9: For those different things.
Speaker 10: I think that the thing that stood out most was he had two starts with us, and he realized that and so there was an urgency, but overtly you couldn't see it, but there was real intention to make sure he was dialed in in both starts and he was very good.
Speaker 4: Secutors.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, it does, it does. I think the feel for the breaking balls is much better. I think last year he was trying to introduce, you know, a slider with maybe a little bit more depth and just trying to get a handle on that. But now the ability to strike it shortened it to make it get a little bit bigger, you know, all the while still having you know, ninety seven ninety eight in the tank when he needs it. So fastball command last year was was interestingly commanded really well given his surgery. But I think the feel for the breaking ball was a work in progress. But he's got a pretty good handle on it right now.
Speaker 3: All right, there's the manager, Dave Roberts getting his pregame thoughts. When we continue here on Marago Casino Dodgers on deck, we'll get the thoughts of the David vaz Say, who I'm sure is very happy about the Yoshi bobblehead night tonight he sellout crowd expected at Dodger Stadium for Yeah, Yoshi first forty thou and attendant get.
Speaker 4: That elusive Yoshi bobble ahead.
Speaker 3: He leads out to first pitch, Dodgers and Guardians first pitcher, Uniclo Field the Dodgers Staium at seven ten. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying this Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Tech on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Cleveland Guardians, Game two of this three game set, first homestand of the season show.
Speaker 4: HEO Tani Tanner byby the pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Baseball's brought to you Alpoto, born in La and made for your game day. El Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces, salsas and hot sauces, El Poto Gourmet and a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Tech.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 3: All right, DV a lot of buzz in the stadium tonight. We'll get to that in a second, but the Dodger bullpens certainly buzzing for what they've done. The first couple of games of this season, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, outside of Justin Robleski giving up three runs last night in the seventh inning, the rest of the bullpen still has not allowed to run. And how about Tanner Scott, who had a reason to forget last year. He's come in in two separate games inheriting runners and he has stranded all three runners that he has inherited. So that's a much different Tanor Scott from a year ago. And that is a huge boost for this bullpen. And it all starts, obviously with Edwin Dias, a bona fide closer, something the Dodgers have not had in the last five years since Kenniley Jansen was closing out games to California.
Speaker 6: Love out here.
Speaker 5: And Blake Trinin even looks pretty good tim the velosities up. He's been able to get hitters to chase that sweeper that was so dominant for him a couple of years ago. So right now, and you had Alex Vesia back to the mix. Right now, the Dodger bullpen high leverage relievers are looking pretty good.
Speaker 3: Last year, David, it was a slow rollout for Showy Otani didn't get that first start till about June. Here he is first week of the season and he's often running as a two way player. This is a big one for him moving forward, right, so he can keep that longevity going throughout the season as a hitter five days a week and as a pitcher once a week.
Speaker 4: So far, so good.
Speaker 5: Well, I'll say this, you know, this season for sho Hao Tani, I believe he knows this is his best chance to have his best pitching season. He's over thirty years old now, he's had two elbow surgeries already, and this just seems to be the perfect storm and the perfect convergence of different things that would allow him to make a run at the Cy Young Award, something that he already has stated publicly would be a goal of his. And we all know just from the first two years with the Dodgers, when he sets out on a goal, he usually achieves it. Going back to his first year in twenty twenty four, he wanted to steal fifty bases. Well, he became the first fifty to fifty player. Last year, he wanted to bring along his pitching while still maintaining his hitting prowess, and he was just one home run. Shy of Kyle Schwarber in the National League Home run Race with fifty five home runs. If you look at what Otani's done over his career as a pitcher, his best year as a pitcher was in twenty twenty two when he went fifteen to nine with an ELRA of two thirty three and twenty eight starts. If he does that this year, to me, there's no doubt that the writers will give him the cy Young Award.
Speaker 3: David is brought to you by Ford It to four Truck Month. Now's the best time to get that Ford truck. But hurry before Truck Month ends only once a year. Four does this go to your Southern California four dealers today? A lot of buzz out of Dodger Stadium today, David, he did an Instagram live already and a lot of folks hanging on to these Yoshi bablas.
Speaker 4: They're very, very sought after.
Speaker 5: Yes, and I'm not encouraging anybody to sell theirs on ebabe, but right now you could at least get a car payment down if you sold this Yoshi bobblehead at this moment. Look, there's a lot of fans that bought these tickets before it was revealed what the bobblehead was. But once it was revealed, obviously there's a lot of fans that I saw on the concourse not only would Dodger jerseys and Dodger hats, but with Yoshi Plushi's on their head. So yes, this is a very in demand bobblehead. In fact, when I arrived at Dodger Stadium today at one o'clock tim the security guards told me that there was a line outside of the stadium on Vin Scully Avenue and sunset at five am, So they were trying to be the first, literally the first of the forty thousand fans to try to get that bobblehead.
Speaker 4: That is unbelievable. They have a great stuff.
Speaker 3: Check out his ig live on an FI seventy LA Sports as well. Coming up here, I'm wrong Becauseino Dodgers on deck. We're gonna hear from Max Munsey. We'll break down this pitch matchup with show. Hey o Tani making his first start of the year. But I'm nexture Dodgers magical moment.
Speaker 4: Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Guardians Yoshi ninth out at Dodgers Stadium, first pitch of sevent ten.
Speaker 4: Yeah on Tim kas is the back to back world champion Dodgers aaudio network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: HiT's the Dodgers and then Cleveland Guardians show. Hey Otani Tenor Biby had a mission Viejo the pitching matchup.
Speaker 4: First pitch coming up at seven ten?
Speaker 2: I hot dog?
Speaker 1: Who wants that hot It's time for the Hawfe Magical Moment. Pitch Magical Magic Presentent by Hawby Hot Dogs.
Speaker 3: Oh we go back to June fourteenth, twenty seventeen. Yes, yesterday went back to June thirteenth, twenty seventeen. Cody Bellinger had to go ahead home on off all star reliever Andrew Miller. The very next nights in Cleveland, the Dodgers got to Miller again.
Speaker 6: Miller out of the stretch and the pitch by ball right field heading back at.
Speaker 11: The wall, it's carrying and it's gone a pinch hit home run for Keith k Hernandez. On consecutive nights, Miller gives up a lightening home run and the Dodgers take at three.
Speaker 6: To two lead.
Speaker 3: How about that Key k Hernandez the go ahead run in the eighth inning off of Andrew Miller's The Dodgers, for this second night in a row, get to the All Star reliever and win in Cleveland over the Guardians. This Hofey Magical moment brought to by Hoffey hot Dogs, Haffey Sokow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hofey hot Dogs, Local and so great. When we come back here on Dodgers on Deck, we all check back in with Rick Monday, so we lead you up to first pitch on this Tuesday night, Dodgers and Guardians. I'm Tim Kase' is the back of a world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Tap on your Home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and then Cleveland Guardians on Yoshi Bobblehead Night at the Ravine Show.
Speaker 4: Hey Otani on the Mountain.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at seven ten as we are thirty five minutes away from first pitch.
Speaker 1: Time.
Speaker 3: Now for the Verizon startup. Now, Verizon, you can lock in your little price for three years so you can say big. Visit the Verizon store today.
Speaker 1: Guys and now joined by David Basse. Here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Rick downstairs, I was getting a lot of heat for my jacket that I'm wearing. They thought it was a little too much for the weather tonight. They said it was more for Toronto than for La.
Speaker 7: Well, we're learning. There's a reason you're not doing the weather reports here.
Speaker 5: Look, hey, you never know what's going to be thrown at us tonight, Rick, I see rain in the forecast.
Speaker 6: I have a lot of stuff thrown at you. David. Yeah, I think of postseason.
Speaker 7: I'm not certain that you dried out yet from postseason last year, in particular from Game seven of the World Series in Toronto, because I know you were a mess going through the airport to get on the plane to come back to LA.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, I can only splash water on my face.
Speaker 4: There's no real shower.
Speaker 7: Let me ask you this down on the field during banning practice. Obviously it's a relaxed atmosphere. Does anyone talk about last year? Did you hear as far as the World Series? Because in my opinion, I've said this before, I will say this, Jill, I had my last breath. I thought that the World Series last year, not just because the Dodgers were victorious, I thought it should be put in time capsule because I thought that the World Series really the playoffs overall playoffs, not just the Dodgers game, but I think weren major League Baseball. I thought it was a wonderful statement made by the competition of teams in baseball in the playoffs. In the World Series, I think was one of the best that we have seen.
Speaker 5: We're starting to hear more about the World Series and reflections of the World Series because the players are not blind to the fact that they will be in Toronto next week on the upcoming role Exactly.
Speaker 7: It's not just that the Doctors won Game seven, but if you start to analyze that game, if you're playing an entirety of the World Series, are you going to have in the entirety of World Series more highlight films to play that what we saw in Game seven alone, I mean, it was ridiculous.
Speaker 6: The play is that.
Speaker 7: Margin of ra was zero, that if you don't make the play, the game's over and the title goes to the other side.
Speaker 6: I mean, it was time after time after time.
Speaker 7: It was just a terrific game, and I think everybody was involved with it, whether they admit it or not, we were all drained emotionally when that was over.
Speaker 6: I mean as youse each.
Speaker 5: It's weird how we had opening day of the ring ceremony, Rake and you're waiting and you're chasing that high for the players to go through another regular season, where do they find that special something that they were on in Toronto and during the World Series.
Speaker 7: Right now it's there. Ask me again in another three months. During those times that the guys get a little bit tired, that maybe they go into a street that they're not swinging the bats particularly well or playing particularly well, those are the times that I think you really need to be able to circle the wagons, if you will. And this ball club, from what we've seen, has enough intestinal fortitude to understand. Look, it's not going to be all rosy as you go through a season.
Speaker 6: There's going to be some hard knocks.
Speaker 7: Think of last year they got off to the eight and oh start well, this year they go three and oh, now they didn't hit last night, they lose the first game that they've lost this season. But there are going to be times that they're going to have to dig down and understand we did it last year. Do we have that reserve? How do we get to that reserve and start to understand. Look, not everybody is going to be a healthy the entire season, and no one's going to have the best year of their career.
Speaker 6: As you look at it realistically.
Speaker 5: And Tonight's Dodger lineup brick when you talk about the offense not hitting last night, Tonight's lineup was the opening day lineup that put up eight runs against Zach Gallan.
Speaker 7: If we look at it, though, David, something that we will talk about not only in the pregame show a little bit later on, but also during the game. If you look at Otani, Tucker and Freeman, I mean, that's a pretty good trio right there. Collectively they're four for forty three. That's a one to eighty six batting average.
Speaker 6: That's going to change.
Speaker 7: What we're just saying is it's so far and for winning three out of four with that big threesome right there, Milki Bens is swinging the bat well and compared to terms, but Bens is still hitting right at the Midoza line, or as we referred to it as the Bob Ucker line out of respect for Bob because we ran it by him a couple of years ago. He says, I would be honored if you referred to it as the Bob Yuicker line because his career batting average was exactly two hundred.
Speaker 5: And I think our listeners can relate to Bob Yuker a little bit more. Rick, it's show Hey Otani Knight, It's Yoshi Babbo heead Night. We'll check back in with you and Tim Nevert a little later.
Speaker 6: You're going down to the front row.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, we'll send it back to you in the studio too.
Speaker 4: All right, Thanks a lot, guys.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by CITYO Hope. Preparation, precision, and on relenting commitment to being the best at what they do. That's what makes a champion at CITYO Hope. That commitment has one focus, curing cancer, playing it simple, CITYO Hope. Champions of Hope, make an appointment today at CITYO Hope dot Org.
Speaker 4: Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 3: We'll get you a preview. This pitching matchup was show Hey Otani on the mound. Tim and Rick have the keys of the game. But up next we go high and Tight with Max Muncy. That's next Dodgers Guardians first pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: As we were saying, this.
Speaker 1: Is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Dodgers and Guardians. Game two.
Speaker 3: There's three games set show, Hey Otani on the mound.
Speaker 4: First pitch coming up at seven to ten.
Speaker 3: Todgers Baseball's brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at shakys dot com.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 5: Well, it's been abnormal weather at Dodgers Stadium, and I've taken a lot of heat, including from our guest, three times World Series champion Max Munsey about my jacket. Munsey, thanks a lot for the time, and you always taught me to be prepared, so I feel like I'm very prepared for whatever Mother Nature throws at us tonight.
Speaker 12: I mean, what are you prepared for Antarctica right now? It's not that cold, David. You'll be fine, Mounsey.
Speaker 5: This is a multi middle layer type jacket.
Speaker 12: If you say so. It looks like you're prayer to go out in the snow right now.
Speaker 6: Muncie.
Speaker 5: Thanks a lot for the time and obviously a great start to the season. As far as the celebration of the team, do you feel like we're starting to settle into the season almost?
Speaker 12: You know, It's why we have a normal couple of games here, and then we got to go to DC and you know, you have the opening ceremonies there, and then you know, we get to Toronto and obviously they're probably gonna have something planned, you know, just the World Series rematch. Once we get past that, you know, things will fall back into the normal, you know, daily routine, and you know that, I think guys will be happy to get back into that.
Speaker 5: It's hard not to ignore. As soon as the schedule came out, we all saw that your first road trip is going back to where you guys were able to come back into elimination games to win the World Series. What do you believe will be your feelings when you step back into the Rogers Center, and it'll.
Speaker 12: Be exciting for sure. You know, I always felt the same way when we when we went back to Texas. You go back in there and you're kind of like, you know, this is this is our building, this is where we won, this is where we took care of business. And I'm sure the feelings will be the same when when we go there. You know it's gonna be very hostile, very loud. That place was unbelievable in the playoffs. But you know, when you're able to take care of business and and come home with the trophy, you just you feel like that place, you know it holds a special place in your heart forever.
Speaker 5: Max Munsey is our guest in front of first pitch between the Dodgers and Guardians. I actually saw you go over and I believe you were talking to Steven Vote, the Guardians manager. How far back do you go with him in the Oakland organization?
Speaker 12: Me and me and Vote go back a long time. You know when I made my debut and I walked through the doors of the clubhouse, the very first person standing there to give me a hug with Steven Vote, and you know, I get asked all the time about you know, like a mount rushmore of teammates and and Vote's on there. You know that the other three spots I could pick from any number of guys that have been here with the Dodgers over the years, and but you know, one spot for sure is always going to belong to Stephen Vote. He just he taught me so much. He was kind of a mentor to me. And you know, to see him have the success he's had as a manager, it's not surprising at all to me, just the kind of teammate he was and the kind of ballplayer he was. And you know, we're just catching up talking about old times, you know, and it's always it's always great to see him. It's nothing but nothing but warm hugs and good feelings. But you know, anytime I get a chance to talk to Steven, I that really get excited about it.
Speaker 5: What's one thing that you remember the most about what he taught you about this game and how to be a pro.
Speaker 12: You know, he was one of the first guys where it was that I saw where it was we need to have as much fun as possible. But as soon as that takes away from your performance on the field and to focus.
Speaker 2: On the game.
Speaker 12: He would shut that, you know, he would shut it down. And you know, he just loved to have fun. But he also loved to go out there and work. He loved to talk hitting, he loved to just talk about the details of playing baseball and how to win a game. And you know, that's just something that's stuck with me even to now, just paying attention to the details, trying to have fun but also not taken away from the game.
Speaker 5: Max, thanks a lot for the time, love all those stories that you share with us. Appreciate it and look forward to the first road trip with you.
Speaker 12: We'll see, we'll see. I don't know if you'll get if you'll get any time there, David, we'll see.
Speaker 5: Do you feel like this jacket works in Toronto or should I, you know, upgrade, maybe go a little heavier in Toronto.
Speaker 12: I don't think you need to go any heavier. You got to park on you know, I think that'll be just fine for Toronto.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 5: Thanks a lot for the advice. What a great life coach you are. I appreciate it.
Speaker 12: Of course, anything for you, David, There he goes.
Speaker 5: Max Monsey has been our guest, and he'll receive a gift card by our friends at Travis Matthew. Travis Matthew Creeds elevated apparel and footwear made to meet the moment, like Monsey does every time he goes into the batter's box, he meets the moment.
Speaker 4: Thanks Munsi.
Speaker 12: Of course, David.
Speaker 5: Anytime Max Monsey has been our guest, we'll send.
Speaker 6: Back to you. Tim.
Speaker 4: All right, thanks a lot of DV. Thank you, Max.
Speaker 3: Leaning up to first pitche on this gloomy ulvercast, cool Tuesday nights. Why David Veasse is all bundled up? Dodgers and the Guardians. First pitch at seven to ten.
Speaker 4: I'm next.
Speaker 3: We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim kass the back to back World champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Guardians, Game two of this three game set, opening homestand of the twenty twenty six season.
Speaker 4: One more tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Then it's off to our nation's capital for a weekend set against the Nationals. First pitch from Uniclo Field the Dodgers Stadium, coming up at seven ten and.
Speaker 1: Now before the Dodgers hit the diamond, we look at the pitching.
Speaker 4: Matchups brought to you by your Toyota Dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 3: Tanner Biby on the mound, oh and O with a five forty era, already making his second start of this Season's twenty seven year old right hander out of Mission via Ho with the Mission Va Hole High School, then cal State Fullerton tuss Thank you up fifth round pick with the Guardians in twenty twenty one, made his major league debut in twenty twenty three, again making it second start this season. He took the hill in the opening day game against the Seattle Mariners, gave up three earned runs on four hits, all three solo home runs, struck out seven along the way, walk two over five innings of work, did not get the decision. Was later pulled from the start in the sixth inning with the right shoulder to discomfort. But he is back and ready to go tonight to make his second start of the year, making his third career start against the Dodgers, his second at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 4: He is zero to two with a five forty er ray.
Speaker 3: He lost faced the Dodgers May twenty seventh last year at Progressive Field in Cleveland, shouldering the loss after giving up four runs, all earned over five innings of work. Show hay O Tody on the mound for the Dodgers, thirty one year old right handed his ninth season now in the Big Leagues, his third with the Dodgers. Fastball, curveball, sweepers, slider, cutter, sinkers, splitter, He's gonna throw them all tonight on the mound. He made his Dodger debut last year, going one in one with the two eighty seven ERA, sixty two strikeouts and forty seven innings over fourteen starts during the regular season. His forcing fastball last year a tick up in his career highest it's ever been at ninety eight miles per hour no restraints this year on the mound for show Hey during the spring, two outings one and one with a three twenty four ERA and fifteen strikeouts, including eleven the last time we saw him in the Freeway Series against the Angels out of Dodgers Stadium more than a week ago. Facing the Guardians for a third time in his career two starts with the Angels one to zero with a three seventy two era and nine punch outs show, Hey O Tani and mission via host Tanner Biby on the mound, Dodgers and Guardians were fifteen minutes away from first pitch.
Speaker 4: Keys to the game.
Speaker 3: Our next I'm Tim Kaise is the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue All season low.
Speaker 3: Leading up to Dodgers and the Cleveland Guardian show, Hey O Tani tenor bye me the pitching matchup as we get you ready for the start of the game with the Sapporo Start Yeah, great moments, Start with Sapporo Beer, whatever your taste preferences. Soporo has you covered with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers. Sapporo good with sushi, Great with baseball. Let's head back out to the booth one final time before first pitch, Tim never Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: Guys, Tim, thanks again, we caught you down with the first pitch tonight the Dodgers and the Cleveland Guardians. It's the one hundred and first career start for show. Hey Otani through one hundred starts, he is thirty nine and twenty with an ERA of an even three. He feels healthy, he feels ready to go, and he is anticipating pitching a full season. And he's even said it he is setting his sights on a cy.
Speaker 7: Young No reason not to is you and I. We're listening to Dave Roberts talking about Otani early this afternoon. He's making the comparison last year. The fastball, okay, check that off. That was very good, no question. The curveball was not there all the time. But what we have seen from Otani and the limited action in spring turning and then also in the Freeway Series, the curveball was really a big pitch for him. We'll find out tonight if he still has that control on the flip side when you look at the ten or biby. It's interesting that he is pitching because there was some concern he was the open today's starter and had to leave during the baggame, and once he did, he says there were a tightness in his shoulder that was a big issue. Well, it checked out fine. He's in there tonight. How long he will go. Don't really know how he's feeling, don't really know, but he's local product out of Mission Diego.
Speaker 6: There'd be a lot of family here for him.
Speaker 2: Yeap Bibey is zero to two against the Dodgers and two career starts. He is susceptible to giving up the long ball as well or his last thirty two starts he has allowed thirty home runs.
Speaker 6: So and he gave up in the initial ouding this year.
Speaker 2: Correct, So Tanner Biby against show Hey Otani, that's your pitching matchup Cleveland.
Speaker 1: Three and two.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers are three and one. Lineups in first pitch, right around the corner, Tim all right.
Speaker 3: Yoshi bobblehead night, sellout cribs? Yeah, were you one of the lucky forty thousand they got the Yoshi bobblehead?
Speaker 4: I hope.
Speaker 3: So if night, sit back, relax and enjoy a little Dodgers baseball. Don't forget when this is over, David Bassey, He's got you cover with all the postgame highlights, reaction and of.
Speaker 4: Course Dodger talk as well.
Speaker 3: It made fourteen starts a year ago, one in one a two eighty seven e that was sho hey Otani in twenty twenty five. He makes his twenty twenty six start. Coming up next enjoyed everybody. I'm Tim Katson.
Speaker 4: This is the back to back world Champion Dodgers Audio A Network