Speaker 1: It's Mojo on the morning show. So they're getting catfished. Who's getting catfish?
Speaker 2: Nana.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have to be a little careful with this because it's a medical office. But I have a relative who works in a medical office, and it's an office where she sees they see this person semi regularly, like the patients come in on a regular basis, So she has been getting to know the patients, and one patient has consistently talked about a man that they were seeing that lived in a foreign country. And this woman is showing her pictures of the man that my friend knows are definitely AI photos.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: It has escalated to the point where she is taking out loans because she believes that she is going to get this man to move to our country to live with her. And my friend who works at the office does not know how to help this woman out because of hippolaws and things like that. Her people that are above her in the office are like, no, you can't get involved in their lives. You can't get involved in their lives. But she's sitting here like, this woman is clearly getting scammed. She's showing me photos that are AI photos. She's taking out loans to send to this man to get him to the United States. Like she doesn't know how to help in this.
Speaker 4: Why can't she just say you're getting scammed? Are they? Are you not allowed to do that at a medical office.
Speaker 3: For whatever reason she said that, The doctor over her was like, you just can't get him, You.
Speaker 2: Can't get involved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I don't know why you wouldn't be able to too, because obviously your hope is the person's well being, right, what if.
Speaker 3: That person gets angry at the office.
Speaker 5: I'm just thinking about like every doctor and dentist appointment that I go to, we like we chitchat about a whole bunch of things, including like what's going on in my life and stuff.
Speaker 4: So that's why I'm like, I couldn't she say anything?
Speaker 1: Well, her doctor obviously is pretty uh, it's pretty buttoned up about what he wants them to do and what doesn't want him to do. But I always wonder who these people are that fall for this thing. Is just like an older lady.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's an older woman. And the pictures of the man I'll see if I can find them, it's a very young looking gentleman.
Speaker 1: Really, she likes the young guys. Yeah, can I tell you the funniest is the I don't know. I send Chelsea all the time like this is pretty funny. And it's like some kind of Instagram thing that I see or something, and she goes.
Speaker 2: It's Ai, It's Ai, And I go.
Speaker 1: God, she deflates me so much when I because I get so excited over something that happened, and it's like a story, you know, about a person that does something weird, and to go it's obviously I. I think I would be the person that would fall.
Speaker 2: For the Uh.
Speaker 5: But you're not going to be sending somebody money that you've never met. Like, that's where my brain wants to explode.
Speaker 1: Honestly, if I was a single person and I was lonely, I probably would.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean you're a little desperate, Andy, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Andy?
Speaker 6: Oh? God, you go already know who I am?
Speaker 2: That's love?
Speaker 6: Okay? So, uh, Devil's Advocate. What if it weren't like a therapist and this person were saying it to a therapist, would the hippo laws apply in that situation too? I know that some food for thought.
Speaker 2: I don't know that that is interesting.
Speaker 1: I would think as a therapist, you'd be able to have to say to them, you know, you should double check and triple check that this is actually a real person.
Speaker 2: I'm sure people go to their therapist.
Speaker 6: Why they couldn't do that, you know?
Speaker 1: I think if I was a therapist, Andy, I would say to anybody, Hey, I met this guy online. Do you know you really met somebody? Like I think catfishing is so prominent, I would probably want to just speak up and say something like, let me see and ask that question and see if they'll show it to you.
Speaker 2: What's up, Nicole?
Speaker 7: Uh, Yes, this actually happened to my father. He when met somebody online I think it.
Speaker 8: Was on Facebook, and was speaking to this person, which was a woman I.
Speaker 7: Guess you never know, Yeah, and he ended up sending her money and I guess she was going to come to the US, but it never happened until he told one of us, my sister or I, and we were like, dad, this is not real, Like you cannot send money to people.
Speaker 2: That you don't know, and what did your dad do?
Speaker 8: He ended up stopping because we were like, it's the internet, dude, they just make up whatever. And they scammed the older people all the time.
Speaker 2: How much money did dad send.
Speaker 8: That He ended up sending close to ten thousand dollars?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, man, And you know, I'm assuming your dad is your dad a pretty knowledgeable guy.
Speaker 2: Is you a smart Oh?
Speaker 8: Yes, he's smart.
Speaker 1: Yeah you think you go, this is my dad. I think my dad's smarter than this. But love takes over, you know, it's weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, that's sad.
Speaker 1: I'm sad to see that happen. But it's good that you get. We're there for your dad to stop it from happening. I always believe it's not really a person that and he is, like even a woman. On the other end, I think it's the same guy that masturbates a target that's like you know what I mean, Like, it's the same type of people that have like these weird fetishes or something like that, or weird they're weird, you know, kind of scrammers. What's going on? Or they're former salespeople from iHeartMedia. What's going on?
Speaker 8: Heather?
Speaker 2: How you doing?
Speaker 9: I'm good?
Speaker 6: How are you good?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 1: We're talking about Anna's friend here? What are your thoughts?
Speaker 9: So, Like, I had a coworker like several years ago it wasn't one where like he was trying to bring someone over, but it was one of those email scans that before he knew it, like everything was gone. The house was gone, his car was gone. He had hundreds of thousands of dollars of loans and we could not Like we kept trying to tell him this, No, no one in Uganda wants to help you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you Ghana. And I mean I couldn't even put you Ghana on a map. I know, yeah, but I wouldn't know where in Africa it is. You know, it's amazing that we don't have regulations that stop these people from doing this stuff.
Speaker 2: Shelley, what's up, Shelley, how you doing? I'm good, thank you.
Speaker 10: I work for a financial institution and we are actually trained for to look for things like this and tell them that they're being scammed and advocate for them and help them. I don't think it's a privacy policy for the dentist office or a doctor's office. It's their actual just common courtesy duty to say something.
Speaker 2: I think that's just one of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's wrong.
Speaker 1: It's obviously it's the doctor that doesn't want to have a patient be lost, but here's the deal. If they get scammed out of all their money, they're not going to have the money to be able to come and go to you as a doctor anymore.
Speaker 10: Right, Oh, it's so sad they wouldn't tell her, especially somebody who's elderly. You know, they're on a fixed income.
Speaker 1: It's awful, Shelley. You know the show, right, you know Mojo on the morning show. Absolutely out of all of us, And I'm gonna say all the names myself, Mojo, Shannon, keV Anna Bianca and Lydia and Zach and Zach out of all of us, I want you to tell me three people that you think would more than likely get scammed for some AI person trying to scam us?
Speaker 2: Which ones do you think?
Speaker 10: Zach Bianca and Oh my goodness, I don't know who the other one would be.
Speaker 4: Come on, maybe you Mojo.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, that's all right, you can say it. I'd probably get scammed. All it takes is a little TNA. You show me a little TNA and I'm giving you my life savings here.
Speaker 10: Well, I would advocate for you, Mojo.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Jelly.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you help me at my I don't know what the institution you work for. But hopefully it's my thank you for the call. I appreciate you.
Speaker 3: I just won't let you know.
Speaker 2: I'm not that dumb.
Speaker 5: I create AI images honestly, all right, thank you.
Speaker 1: You create AI imaging. But you would definitely fall for some kind of a scam person. Come on, Bianca, never beyond. Bianca just goes for a guy with a smile, a guy with a smile, and she's like in love, right, oh.
Speaker 2: Yes, let me take a call. But no, I only have one guy I love, only that.
Speaker 8: Love.
Speaker 2: How do we know he's real? How do we know he's real.
Speaker 4: Because you've said a something Mojo, But he's not.
Speaker 2: I set it up. It's a scam. He's AI. Oh he's a bot. He's a total bot. Yeah,