Speaker 1: The News Junkie starts now. It is Monday, July twentieth to twenty twenty six. Wats to get to today? From tropical Storm Bertha to the Odyssey fights off critics with a big box office win, its huge drama breaks out as the world come ends in America. Plus your calls, dispatches, emails, text Sam more Sea ladies here, hello and so are you? You can send us a dispatch.
Speaker 2: Go to Thenewsjunkie dot com. Record on your first dispatch today. You can also watch the show on YouTube and twitch dot tv. Slash the News Junkie. Your message is rolling a right of the studio at a real time.
Speaker 1: How's everybody doing on a Monday? Pretty good? Pretty good joke a weekend? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I did?
Speaker 1: I did? What you do? We last week? We took the kid to the science center on Saturday, which is right? Did he question all the science and the science center again? Because you mean like last time when he told some told some other kids the dinosaurs weren't real. Yeah, Seiland's son goes around the science center and informs the other kids that all this is fake news, very very much. What is it?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 1: Really? You think those big dinosaurs walked around. He did hug a kid that we didn't even know, and that was it was both sweet and also a little weird. It's alarming. Okay, you know he's a sweet guy and he is, yeah, big heart. We did that, and then it mostly was just like hanging around the house, getting in the pool, lounging around. I do like I did make a move last night where I was like, at some point I need to read the writing on the wall and then and cut the festivities off because every once in a while I have a really like rough Monday. Oh I've seen it. This is a pretty good one. Oh really, this is how it can be. All you have to do is control yourself and this every Monday can be this sure, so you could be sensible like me and I only had like five shots last night. So the world is fine the right way. That's the normal, normal Sunday. Or let's start off as we always do. Let's put our ears the ground, our fingers on the posseline that a family member just died, because forty seven is probably what the answer to that question is. Let's put our ears with the ground, our figures in the pulse. Unletss s, what's happened to this great, big, wide world of ours and we go to Chicago. Everybody where they have gathered this morning to do something that I guess there's a group that does this. I don't know if it's a Monday thing, because it feels kind of like a Monday thing.
Speaker 3: I want to do it as a Monday thing.
Speaker 1: But they gather on the shores of Lake Michigan and they just scream. This is what they do to start their week. This is a little weird, but here it is. Okay, go right, that's it. Yeah, I guess so. I guess they go out there on Mondays. I don't know what they have to complain about. It summer in Chicago. Go out there in the middle of the winter. That's when you should be screaming at Lake Michigan sucks. Now you go out there and it's miserable. That's not what I do, though, Just for the record, it's not how I it's not how I start my Monday off.
Speaker 3: I have a very different thing.
Speaker 1: I wake up, I stare into the mirror, I look directly in my own eyes.
Speaker 5: No no, what, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: It's better than screaming. It's much better than screaming. If you want to start your Monday off that way from Oh my god, he doesn't know, folks, don't tell him. Nobody tell him. Nobody tells se Lane. Only fake answers are acceptable. What is that from? You don't know this? This is how you start off. You're ringing a bell?
Speaker 6: No no, no, no, no no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: No, don't tell him what it is?
Speaker 3: Anybody, all right?
Speaker 1: Only fake answers today with your dispatches over in the news Junkie dot Com or in the news Junkie app. We look forward to hearing from you as today rolls by. A lot of stuff going on, so we'll start working into that here shortly. If you want to scream to start your week, that's fine. Whatever you'd like to do, it's good with us. A boots, he says, Shawshank redemption. He hasn't seen it. He hasn't seen him, and I've seen obsession. I know what it's actually, Mama Greaser has it. It's Willy Wonka. It's Willy Wonka. It's one of the ones with Johnny Depp. It's when she's becoming the giant Blueberry. Yeah, yeah, it's what she takes. She takes the blueberry thing. It's the no no no no, no.
Speaker 7: No, no no.
Speaker 1: No since Seattle. That's it, that sleepless in Seattle. Nobody tell them only fake answers. Today on the show, we do have a rate my blank for you, and I can't believe we haven't done this before, but I'm excited for it here today on the show. And I think we might even stretched this out. You know, rate my Blanks can be stretched out a little bit. Maybe we can pull them over the course of a week to get more of you. Given your input on this, but I want to do a rate my tmj Magnet. Now you can either show your entire News Junkie Magnet collections. You could show and this is a nice, nice move here that may make you the winner this week. You could show a magnet in the best possible, most interesting location. You've brought a magnet. People have brought them to the Pyramids, people have brought them to the tops of mountains, people have brought them all around the world. The News Junkie Magnet with you in the most amazing place your collection. I want to see it. I want to see your magnets this week on Rate my Magnet so send those in his photo dispatches over at thenewsjunkie dot com. Finally, but he got his toy story five. No, I like the elder of Rocket's the famous scene from when Harry met Salad. She doesn't order the soup she gets the other.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: Oh god. This is why.
Speaker 3: Okay, but I just realized something.
Speaker 1: This is why sometimes gives me no response to what is undoubtedly an absolutely banger text message. And I now I know why he didn't respond to one that I sent this weekend, which one now I am. I try to be good about it this time. Here here, this is this is great. For those of you who have actually seen this movie. This is fantastic. Hang on here it is.
Speaker 3: Kimi guy. Can I come on?
Speaker 1: It's actually from Obsession for those of you who don't know, the runaway hit of the year Obsession, and this is Obsession. Somebody dubbed it in Japanese.
Speaker 3: Kimmi guy.
Speaker 1: Can I come on? You still haven't seen this? Yes?
Speaker 8: I have.
Speaker 1: You don't know the most famous scene in the movie. I said earlier, I've seen Obsession.
Speaker 3: Yes, more than anyone, She says.
Speaker 1: Nikki Nikki, So this is one of the most intense parts of the movie if you haven't seen it, where the guy that's like the star of it says, Nikki, does your dad really have cancer? She spins, but in Japanese this time.
Speaker 9: Oh gosh different wait wait wait, told me know in Japanese is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yea, so much better, Jevine. No idea what they're saying, No idea what they're saying, but still a good time. Somebody tuned in right in the middle of that was like, what the hell the hell happened? Let's going on stage now? God only knows truly. Okay, we have many things to discuss, but as always when we start off the week, we usually go to the box office. And it was a big banger of a weekend at the box office. A lot of money's coming in the movies having their biggest year since the year twenty twenty. All right, says, everything crashed and burned, and people said, movies are over. Ain't nobody gonna be going to the movie theater anymore, Sean, But here they are. And they went to the Odyssey. Despite the haters and some critics and some people who are upset about x or Ys. Whatever it was, there was a lot of people who bought tickets to go see The Odyssey for one hundred and twenty four million dollar weekend. Yes, one hundred and twenty four million dollars, Number one, Mawana number two with nineteen toy Story five, number three with fourteen point eight million dollars. That's how it shaped up over there. The interesting thing about that was there was people who were coming at the Odyssey, which I had never quite understood the campaign they had going on where they thought it was woke because I think there's like a black actress in some role that was supposed to be They're all supposed to be Greeks. There's no Greeks in the whole thing, all right, and there's a black actress that plays Helen of Troy, right yeah, and like all the the people aren't the correct races, but everybody's supposed to be Greek, I believe, in the entire thing.
Speaker 3: And so that was that was off of people who upset about that.
Speaker 1: And then you have Ellen Page now Elliott Page or whatever is some roll in it. And when I was watching this, I go, I feel like, if you watch this movie in the theaters and do tell me, because I didn't see The Odyssey this weekend. Do tell me if you did see it. I feel like those things are like like this, like a flash in this movie that's two and a half hours long, and so everybody's talking about drama that is like flies by on the screen like that and isn't really you know, worth even blabbing about. Does Helen of Troy not have a significant role in the Odyssey. I mean, maybe she does. Maybe it's bigger than I thought, But I thought, like I thought that the the whatever they were being dramatic about wasn't big enough as part of the movie for everybody to freak out. And clearly this was one of those things where it's like most people just want to see a cool movie. Yeah, they want to see a cool, big, blockbuster type movie. I don't typically, you know this about me like movies that are based in this timeframe. But I think I will see the Odyssey because I like the story. It's an epic, right, Yeah, there's something about the Odyssey that I've always thought was kind of cool. I also I remember like learning about the Odyssey in school. This is this is so nerdy. I can't believe we're starting to like this on a Monday. I was learning about the Odyssey in school, but I already knew what a trojan horse virus was, but I didn't know why it was called that. And then when we learned about it, I was like, huh, all right, but it's a lot of sense. I thought the trojan horse story was history. I thought it was actually true. I thought. I was like, yeah, it wasn't there a moment when the soldiers wanted to get to invade this place and they built a horse as a present, and then they all got inside the horse, and then when they opened up, they they started launching a war on them. And I was like, that was part of history, right, The trojan horse was history. You would have to look back on that and go, well, that is the silliest thing to fall for, but for the for the victor, the smartest thing that will only work one time, right, Yeah, next time you send a big gift, people are gonna be real curious. So yeah, I mean, and I legitimately, Bootsie says, I thought the same thing hundred percent when I was younger. I thought. When I when I say younger, I mean maybe not even that long ago. I thought that was a real thing that happened in history, Like remember when they loaded up in the Trojan Horse Friday? Yeah, yeah, when you learn Well, you know, I did see a video that reminded me of this weekend because this young dude, he's filming himself. He shows up to watch the Odyssey and he buys his ticket and he's pulling behind him a giant Trojan Horse, which very clearly has his friends in it. They would have not purchased tickets to go see the Odyssey, and they're like, what is that. He's like, it's just I'm a big fan. I'm really into the movie. And they go, we need to see what's in that. He's like, it's just a gift. It's a gift that I've brought for my Gosh. If I were the theater manager, I think I would let him in. I like, for you win, you win this round, We'll let it happen. We'll allow for it to occur here. I do have an amazing story about the Odyssey that I want to tell everybody when we come back. We've got a big, giant hero moment for everybody as well that will share with you what's going on with this tropical depression that's going to be tropical storm Bertha.
Speaker 3: What should we all expect?
Speaker 1: No matter where you're listening right now, we'll tell you about that as well, and a whole lot more. And it's coming up next in the news junkie. Some of you are deranged, all right, you are deranged. You fans of this movie. You went and saw this this week one hundred and twenty five million dollars at the box office. One of them Amberg Conahan. Now, if you're wondering why I would call somebody who likes the movie The Odyssey deranged, stick with me. Just trust me a little bit. Don't you trust me? After all these years? Amber Conahan, a twenty nine year old tech editor living in the California Desert, bought her ticket to The Odyssey over a year in advance. Let's stop at that. Have any of you ever, for a single moment in your life, ever bought a ticket for a movie a year in advance.
Speaker 3: It's usually not even possible.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, number one, I know that I've seen that possibility before. We just had a story last week in the Hot sheet where they were pre selling tickets to I want to say, one of the new Marvel on maybe Avengers kind of deal, they're pre selling it, and they were like, okay, if they're pre selling the tickets, that means if you buy a ticket, you clearly have to have a time and a date to watch the movie. And if they're scheduling the movie, they need to have a rough estimate of the run time of the movie. That was the point of the story was that it was going to be long, another long run time movie like a lot of these popular movies have been.
Speaker 3: The Odyssey is two and a half hours or something, right.
Speaker 10: So.
Speaker 1: If she bought a ticket for this over a year in advance, it would mean that they knew the runtime and they were actually scheduling the movie over a year in advance, or did she just buy like some sort of voucher or guarantee. I think they really did start the promotional campaign for The Odyssey with not Ben Affleckt, Matt Damon and all the other people that are in it as well. It's a huge movie. I think they started it really, really really early. They spent a lot of money promoting the hell out of this, but it worked one hundred and twenty five million dollars to fifty globally two hundred and fifty million dollars, which was the budget of the movie. So that doesn't mean for those of you who don't understand how the business works, that does not mean that they've made all the money back from the movie. The theaters in some wild plan to squeak out a profit. Do get to keep some of the box office money about tof of it, right, so half of it goes to the movie theaters.
Speaker 3: And then also you have a budget every.
Speaker 1: Money on concessions too. Sean, Yeah, but they make at the beginning especially and then you know, further in depends on what the deal is with the movie. But they make a lot of money off of the movies being in the theaters, or at least a portion of the box office.
Speaker 3: So it made a bunch of money.
Speaker 1: But they were pushing this so early that this woman bought a ticket to see the movie The Odyssey one year before it came out. The only thing I've ever heard like this is I know some people who pre ordered Duke newcom before it was released, and I think it took a decade for the Duke nukeomb follow up to be released, So that's the longest run of money. Get their money back in that amount of time. I think it came out eventually, maybe not. I don't know. But Amber Conahan, twenty nine year old tech editor living in California, bought her ticket to The Odyssey over a year in advance and is prepared to drive three hours to reach the nearest theaters showing the film in the format because she wants to see it on the.
Speaker 3: Big screen seventy millimeter IMAX.
Speaker 1: She said a pregnant friend had recently urged her to start trying for a second baby, but she wasn't ready to risk the timing clashing.
Speaker 3: With the movie's release.
Speaker 1: So this woman buys a ticket to see The Odyssey a year ahead of time. Right then, the woman was gonna have a second baby, but didn't want to risk having a second baby because she didn't want it to interrupt her availability when it came to go watch the movie The Odyssey at the theater. How do you even know it's going to be any good? You know? Are you that big of a Chris Nolan fan? Are you that big of aamer fan? Yeah? People like Chris Nolan, right, did the Batman movie? Yeah, so like he's got a big following. Maybe she just thought this is gonna be great. She said, No, I have to wait a few months otherwise it's going to be too close to have a baby to the odyssey. And she just did all of this stuff, like went so far to go watch this movie. And I mean, I'm hoping she was thrilled with seeing the movie over the weekend. I'm sure she and d But I have never done that in my life, Like I've never thought, oh, there's a movie coming out, it's a year from now. I don't know how to do that with concerts. I don't do that with anything at all. Concerts would be months in advance, like maybe when they announced the tour when I mean tickets don't go on sale for a concert more than a year in advance. Sometimes I'll hear the concert dates and it'll say December twenty twenty seven, and I'll think, cheese, Holy cows. I don't do anything that far in advance. Maybe some of you do, maybe some of you are really into it. But let us know and give us your reviews. If you went and saw the movie, or if you think it sucked and it was woke, or I don't know, whatever you thought, let us know. Give us your thoughts over at thenewsjunkie dot com. Quick hero moment here that went viral over the weekend over a million views. This police officer is cruising along when he encounters a vehicle on fire and the vehicle is like fully engulfed in flames. I don't know for what reason. The guy behind the wheel or something must have been stunned because he wasn't getting out of the vehicle. Here's how this went down. Listen him, get out, get.
Speaker 11: Out, get out, get out, Get out of the car, Get out of the car.
Speaker 1: I don't know, most people probably won't have noticed that. Most of you are just listening. But either way, the craziest thing to me is he comes up to this car, it's totally on fire, and when he goes to try to open the door, the cop grabs the door handle. You see here, Ready watch this sea lan and the door handle pulls right off of the car. And I said, was this because of the ferocity that the officer was trying to open the door with him or was this because the car gets so hot.
Speaker 3: And all that stuff is just melting in there?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, Like I wonder if the heat from the fire had loosened the glue that holds that door handle on. You would think it would be probable a little more, I don't know, secure than that, it's a cheaper car. And then so the guy has his yea open open, open it, get out. I mean, the smoke is just pummeling out window. They him out to the window. Sure, come out, breaks the.
Speaker 4: Window, Give me a head, give me a head, give me your hand out, I got your give me out.
Speaker 1: Pulls them out the window.
Speaker 12: All right, okay, anybody else in the car, no one else in the car, and you no one else in the car?
Speaker 1: Come minute?
Speaker 13: Here, got here?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 1: Here?
Speaker 7: Here?
Speaker 1: Is there anyone else in the car? No one else in the car? All right? In the car is just it's completely inflaves the guy maybe he was stunned, maybe something medically is going on. I don't know exactly what was happening here, but the guy was in the driver's seat of his vehicle and he wouldn't get out. The cop had has smashed the window and start pulling him out of the car. And it was just sort of like stunned in this moment and unbelievable to see the heroic movement to the police officer.
Speaker 3: Do we even know this guy out of the vehicle.
Speaker 1: Do we know what caused a fire or anything else about how like what may have stunned him? Yeah, hang on, I have some details on this. I'll put this up on see it now as well, because it's a visual. I want you guys to be able to see it if you're listening right now. But the cop came up to the vehicle and he says, give me your hand, pulls this.
Speaker 3: Man out from this car.
Speaker 1: The details A routine traffic stop on Saturday turned into a heroic moment when a Texas cop pulled a man out of his car right before it burst into flames. Get out, get out, get out, Get out of the car, the officer says. The officer was Corporal Joshua Swisher from the South Lake Police Department. Swisher was seen on his dash cam rushing up to the burning Nissan and urging the mail driver to get out asap. The cop tossed a glove on his hand and smashed the window to give the driver more space to exit. He then reached in and helped the man get out of the vehicle, they said. Fox Foard Dallas reported Swisher was pulling over a Mercedes for speeding. When the smoking Nissan pulled ahead of them and parked, he quickly pivoted into helping the Nissan driver who was suffering from shock because his.
Speaker 3: Door wouldn't open.
Speaker 1: So I guess he panicked because you know, the car, the door is not opening and he's stuck in there and it's engulfed in smoke.
Speaker 3: Somebody says maybe he was a monk protesting the war.
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't. It wasn't self immolation. His car was on fire and he got stuck inside there and then the police officer let him out. He said, he grabbed onto me. We got him out of the car shortly before the entire interior of the vehicle went up in flames. And then the craziest thing is the guy was okay, he was alright. He survived this whole thing. And the speeding Mercedes driver got a warning that, you know, the brutal thing. Did he go back to the Mercedes vehicle and go I'm sorry, I'm sorry warning? Did he? Because that would have been the move, Like, I'm a serious police officer. You're not getting off just because I saved somebody else's life. But it's wild and I'll put that up over on see it now right now. In fact, I'm getting a screenshot for it so you can see what's going on.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 1: Look, I like highlighting when when good things happen with police officers, bad things often pop up into the news. I'm very critical of police officers, as many of you have heard over the years, but I think it's important to showcase all of the sides of this that you possibly could. So cop saves man from burning car. That will do it. It's up on see it now over on the Neewsjunkie dot com and you can take a look at that when you get a chance. And also if you miss anything on the show that's say a visual. If I don't put it up, please let me know and I'll do it afterwards if you want. You know, if you miss something, I want to make sure everybody's able to see what we're talking about. There you go, that's up on See it now over at the Neewsjunkie dot com. Lots of rate my blanks coming in. It's good to see these. I'm seeing a lot of people sitting in their magnet collections. This one is somebody saying, here's my magnet.
Speaker 3: An amazing location. It is just on the side of their dog.
Speaker 1: They've just taken the magnet, the news junkie magnet now just on their dog's belly. If this were a video dispatch and the dog got up and started walking and the magnet stayed on, I'd be very impressed. Yeah, if you would want to, like, maybe you're such a fan that you went to the links of installing magnets in the side of your dog so or metal I guess you're like a metal plate so that your dog could be fixed with the news junkie magnet.
Speaker 3: That would be impressive.
Speaker 1: Maybe probably bad actually for the dog, But I want to see more of these. This is the news junkie at the Grand Canyon Grand Canyon National Park. Look, somebody over the weekend goes, hey, I saw this in Chicago. Did you leave this here? And it was the news junkie sticker in the middle of downtown Chicago outside of a bar on the door, and I was like, no idea, no idea, who put that out there? Whoever did, shouts out to you for spreading the word. And that's what I want to see pictures of for rate my blank your magnet collections. I want to see your magnets in the most amazing places. We'll keep that going on throughout the week. We'll showcase them and we'll see, uh, just what you have for us.
Speaker 3: So send those as a.
Speaker 1: Dispatch of photo dispatch over at thenewschunki dot com. Right now, we got to talk about what's happening with the tropical storm potentially out there. But did you watch the World Cup Final game? Yeah, we had it on while they were doing other stuff. We had it on. I watched the halftime show from the pool, just kind of like floating around. We'll seeing all the Shakiro and all that stuff. Let's start there, because is this the first time they've ever had a halftime show.
Speaker 3: At a World Cup final?
Speaker 1: I think they're really this is so big for the super Bowl and we have way more people watching than the super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's get twenty six.
Speaker 1: FIFA World Cup Final made history by hosting the tournament's first ever super Bowl style halftime show. Okay, yeah, so they had justin Bieber. They had Shakira doing her Waka Waka song, which they really missed the boat on that. Why because they also had the Muppets out there. Oh and they could have had the Muppets. They could have had Fozzy Bear do the Waka Waka song with Shakira. Like what a I can't believe this. I saw somebody point that out. I'm like, what a missed opportunity? Are you sure they didn't they didn't know that they had The Muppets were out there. I forgot what song they played. Was it's not song too? Oh it was White Stripes seven Nation. Yeah, yeah, they had them doing that. I saw them getting ready. There was a lot of very strange things. Just for those of you watching, you could watch the show on YouTube dot com, slash and the news junk. They were filling up this World Cup trophy with air. Check this out very very very very sexual looking. I have to be honest with you. As they very quickly fill up the World Cup Trophy to be one of these stage props around the stage for the halftime. That's actually pretty impressive. Like how much air do you think they just unloaded into that so fast?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: Like this thing is massive and they go it rises like a morning excitement, all right, there's a lot of it very quickly goes up as everybody's standing around, and then they had justin Bieber out there, he was introduced by what's his name, Ted Lasso and crew. It was all very strange. I mean, I don't understand why they did anything that they did. Honestly, it wasn't that great, if I'm totally honest with you. The headline on New York Times says, first World Cup halftime show of stars, little purpose. Yeah what, I don't know what was going on? So why is my question for the World Cup halftime show?
Speaker 3: I think that's a lot of people's questions.
Speaker 1: The performers valiantly attempted to justify the existence of the show, which was impeccably choreographed and thematically jumbled. It was you had to that.
Speaker 3: Like I said, you had the Muppets out there.
Speaker 1: Why why are the Muppets doing Seven Nation Army? And I mean I'm not saying it's not cool. I'm just saying, why are the Muppets doing it? Shakira did like a World Cup song, so I know why she would probably be out there.
Speaker 3: I can make sense of that.
Speaker 1: I've I mean, seven Nation Army, I think is an easy pick for stuff like this because it is such a common soccer chant. It's a common chant at these big games. No matter who the team. Yeah, it's huge, Yeah, that's I get that kind of but why why the Muppets, Why is Tom Cruise out there? Why is Justine? Justin Bieber did like a Hallelujah song and it's just him and an acoustic guitar, And I thought, brother, like, you got to come out with a banger. This is the World Cup. This isn't that like intimate concert you were doing that. People were like semi divided over. This is your your performing at the World Cup. Just do Baby, do the slipknot version of Baby, like any other great American hero would do. Get out there and do that. But it was kind of weird, honestly, And it wasn't that it was bad. It was just strange. Some of the people didn't like it. Wayne Rooney here, he iss mom was wrying to finish. I like, it's so hard to understand him. But he said, I like a lot of the performance, but I thought it was crap, said Wayne Rooney right afterwards. He's the one of the announcers out there and he's like, I thought it was crap. I can see how people from other countries were would put poo on the idea of a World Cup halftime show, like, oh great, the World Cup is in America again, first time in I don't know what twenty six, twenty four years something whatever. Ninety two ninety four was the last time we had it in America. And of course now that it's back in America, they got a USAFI everything, we got commercial breaks, we've got ninety shows, you know, We've got we've got you know, so I can see why they're breaking with tradition in their heads and it's all our fault. So they're like, ah, that's cop. I'll give you my favorite one two punch. The best performer as far as people's reaction that I saw was Shakira, who did one of the performances for this halftime thing that they were doing. Somebody's saying post Malone was good in the pregame thing, but Shakira got the most kudos out thought. And you see her, she's doing her Shakira thing. You get her right, you know, very Shakira. And then my favorite post afterwards was one point eight million views. Barry says, my my son got so upset at Shakira's outfit he stormed into his room and locked the door.
Speaker 3: Pretty good, actually, not bad.
Speaker 1: My son got so upset at Shakira's outfit he stormed into his room and locked the door. It's like, did you watch the halftime show. I mean you always saw clips, at least saw that clip right there. It just me or to Shakira look different. I think it was the tax trial that was It really did a number on her. Something about the tax trial. We were all talking about it. We were all talking about it in the pool and like what's different about her? And then people like did she have work done? And then and then somebody's googling and says, Shakira said famously at one point that she's never had work done, and I was like, she's still saying it. We're still sticking with that. It feels like she's had something done. Somebody says, Justin's gonna be the one that one of these artists that plays new stuff and refuses to play the hits.
Speaker 3: Shaking my head.
Speaker 1: It was not that it was a hitter or not a hit. It was just like a slow jam. And I think, like you have to realize people want energy in those moments, be like doing the Super Bowl halftime show and doing slow jams. It just it doesn't work with the vibe. People are saying, let's go, let's party, let's do it. And I don't know if that one worked. But you can tell you love yourself.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 1: No, well that was yeah, yeah, there's some language and you have to you have to do the love yourself version, right. The other one is after yourself. No, they're not getting that right. That's it's it's never been released that way. It wasn't. Oh, I thought for sure that was the first version. Was like you think it's I think it's just kind of one of those things where you, uh, you hear the song on the radio, it probably sounds the same way on the album. But if you see him in concert, he throw the last chorus, he throws a little left bomb and everybody goes nuts. Why he said the thing, But he just brought out some clunky acoustic Katar and you see Justin Bieber and he's like, oh, hellujah, Jesus is great and Jesus is really good and he's number one. We all love Jesus and I'm Justin Bieber right now. And as there was no punch to it at all, that was actually the lyric for lyric, just for the record. Right now, let's take a look at what's going on with this tropical storm Bertha. What do we need to know right now? It's tropical depression too turning into tropical storm Bertha. Lots of different past this thing could go. One is directly over your mother's house, depending on where she lives. Another is potentially over to our new friends in Louisiana. So you are on the radar here literally if you're in Texas. We've got a lot of people who hang out with us in Texas, Alabama, Mississippi. You're all sort of in the ConA death of this tropical depression too that is soon to be a tropical storm Bertha. So interest in Mississippi, Louisiana tech should monitor the progress of this system as additional storm watches could be required for portions of that area over the next day or two. Could be wins, flash flooding, all of that good stuff that occurs over the next twenty four to forty eight hours. And that's not the only storm out there. There's actually a couple more that we have to address at some point, and some that could lead to possibly an impact on Florida that they're just starting to watch now, but it's like it's hanging out right off the coast, right off the west coast of Florida, and it's trying to pull together. It's like trying to turn itself in a little bit of spinning. It kind of looks like a really weak hurricane is hitting Tallahassee in Port Saint Joe right there on the nipple of Florida as they call it, lower than the Panhandle, and that area is getting some pretty bad weather as the storm just rotates over and over and over again. Eventually, we're going to see what happens. Is this thing going to get strong enough to become a tropical storm?
Speaker 3: It looks like it will.
Speaker 1: It be a hurricane less likely, but we'll see what all the experts say about this as it develops over the next little bit here, and let's see is this a This is the g R A F model. This is showing this come together and then head over if this model is correct for that outer edge of Louisiana and then sort of buzzsaw against Louisiana there in the Gulf of America. Is this the first one the tropical depression two? Yeah? This this is this is the first one. Yeah, that will be Bertha, and then there's one. There's another one in off the Pacific side of Mexico. Tropical Storm Fausto is out there that's doing it. That's thing, And there's a couple other storms that are starting to form up. Because it's been quiet. Corny's like, oh, it's been so quiet. We be cool to have a hurricane. Every time she says it, I slap her in the faith. I just backhand her. Every recent time that she does this, I have to remind her, like, what are I said, why do you want a hurricane? I said, it does damage to the house when it goes over our house, for God's sake. And she's like, it's just been a long time. She goes back to her old lady things. She's like, Sean, we really need the rain. We really need the rain from this dude gotten plenty of rain. She wants so much rain last week, no one follows the local lakes and their levels closer than she does. Okay, all weekend long. I think we need it. I think we need a hurricane. So if we get one, how old is Courtney mentally? Because I know she's much younger than you. I know she's much younger than you, But she's ten years younger than me. But she has her priorities aligned with somebody much older than you, Like she wants a speed bump in the in the neighborhood. She got it. She's worried about the lakes and what their levels are. Yeah, that's that's for people in years beyond us. Do you know what she does to me? Does this happen to you? Seelane real quickly before we take a quick break and get our friend Amy Kawfeld on the line. We've gotten into some little skirmishes over this, and and she thinks that I'm crazy, But I want to throw it out there to you folks, especially who have been in a relationship for a long time, when your partner calls you by your name, does it weird you as? And it's happened a couple of times recently, and I don't know why, Like, I don't know why it's I don't know if it's that that Ashley has tried to say something to me and I haven't responded, so instead she calls me by name instead of babe. That's we kin, We're usually we're babe. We're babe, babe. Yeah, yeah, Courtney the other day, like a couple of times she like she's like, oh, Sean, stop with it. And I'm like why what She goes, what that's your name? And I said, I don't know for for for some reason, there's something about that that gets me. I don't know if that gets you or not. But let us know, Chris, who's that is my dad here or something?
Speaker 4: What do you?
Speaker 1: Usually it's like babe or hun or whatever. But she has been saying my name. She's like, oh Sean, Oh my goodness. And if there's something about that, I don't know what it is. It's very very strange to me. It shouldn't be, but it is. Let me know what you think. Send a dispatch over the news Junkie dot Com quick Break, we'll keep an eye on the tropical Depression. We'll have some more updates on that with our friend Amy Kaufelt and see what she's got going on. We have a lot to run through and we're gonna kick off the second hour of the show with that. Our friend Amy Kaufelt is coming up next on the News Junkie. It is my day. It is time to talk to our good friend, the lovely, the Talented the always fantastic Amy Coffee out there.
Speaker 15: She is guy there go Monday.
Speaker 1: Happy Monday. How are you. How was your weekend?
Speaker 3: Amy Kauf?
Speaker 1: Though good, I'm good.
Speaker 16: I actually spent like my afternoons watching soccer on a weekend, and I've like never spent a whole weekend watching soccer.
Speaker 1: Really, what'd you think of that? The halftime show that they did during the World Cup?
Speaker 7: Sign loved it. I actually thought it was really good.
Speaker 16: I wish that the NFL would take a little like page out of the playbook of how they did it, because I liked how they captured something for every audience. And I'll be honest with you, guys, my favorite was the mompt I knew it.
Speaker 1: I know it. I know you were gonna say this for me. You didn't think it was like scatterbrained. It was like all over the place.
Speaker 7: No, it was fun.
Speaker 16: It was like super energetic, and I'm like, oh, like, it was just exciting.
Speaker 1: Exciting until it got to Justin Bieber and his acoustic guitar. It felt like it felt like you to the party where your friend just got like an acoustic guitar and learned how to play for six months and just wouldn't put it down, like here, listen, guys gonna play this song. I've been that guy. That's all I know exactly. Yeah, you played the freshman by.
Speaker 7: The version that your favorite part? Did you have a favorite part? I?
Speaker 1: You know, I thought everybody did a good job ish, but I just thought it was like all kind of it was all over the plays to like haphazard for you. Yeah, it wasn't. Wasn't like maybe they were trying to win over everybody. I was very surprised that the Muppets were there. I have to tell you that I was. I didn't know that that was going to be a thing, but they do. We know why they were there.
Speaker 16: There were lots of little kids watching, so like for the little kids, they're like, they don't know who Madonna is, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: That's true. Yeah, Madonna's like a year. Madonna was there for a second thing. Yeah, she came out and she was doing music or something, one of her songs. And then you had Shakira out there her in her thing.
Speaker 3: You had everybody performing that was with her.
Speaker 7: It was one.
Speaker 16: It was one of the Marley's, but I can't remember which Bob Marley remember this morning.
Speaker 1: No, I have no idea. Sure, who knows all the people that they brought out there. They really had a you know, they had a really really big panel of celebrities to target every single person that could be watching, which is fine.
Speaker 3: It was fine.
Speaker 16: I see that the announcer saw Matt Damon in the audience, but he thought he was Brad Pitt.
Speaker 3: Oh no, did they get mixed up?
Speaker 1: Oh god, yeah, it says Shakira and burna Boy, burn a Boy. Yeah, yeah, I think I think burna Boy has done something with Rihanna, if I'm if I'm correct on that. I don't know if that's right, but I feel like that might be right, and I know him from that. But it was fun to watch. The whole World Cup thing is done. Now we got to find whatever the next thing is to keep us entertained here. Yeah, I guess so.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think only I saw about baseball this weekend. I don't know if this was new or not, but somebody had sent this over. There was a Cubs game and Steel pull this up just real quick. I'll mute this because I don't know if they're going to curse each other. In fact, they're probably going too. But there was some young guy at the Cubs game who wasn't standing up for the national anthem, and the old dude's like, stand up, or I'm gonna smack the hell out of you, and he smacked them. And the young guy got up for the national anthem, and I was like, oh my god, what it like. You could go to jail for that, right. Wow. He goes behind this young dude, He's like, get up, get your ass up for the national anthem. Stand up, and the young guy's like what and then he slaps him. He hit him at the Cubs game, and some of the other people were like, whoa, what the hell's going on here? So baseball will have to be our new source of drama. And this is the first thing that I have for us here at the very least. So we'll see where that goes. Anything else during your weekend that stood out to you me call him.
Speaker 16: I'm just so fascinated by that video that the kid did it right and I did it. It will be interesting to see what comes of that because I didn't look like much of a kid. He looked like he was in his twenties, right, But I'm just wondering like do you talk publicly about it and maybe file charges and then make a bigger spectacle out of it and then bring attention on yourself, because then people are going to be like.
Speaker 7: Well, why weren't you standing? You know what I mean? I mean I feel like it's a catch twenty two.
Speaker 16: Like I feel like if he were to do something that that it could like come back.
Speaker 1: To I just think he I think he could if he wanted to. Have you ever slapped anybody.
Speaker 10: Me?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Oh, I mean I've smacked my kid on the butt.
Speaker 1: No, I mean somebody in the face, have you? No?
Speaker 14: You?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think you need to.
Speaker 1: I think everybody needs to at least once in their lifetime. Yeah, Like because there is something to it. I've never done it. I done to me, not fun back of the head.
Speaker 16: It was more of like a it was like something a grandpa would do to their grandkid.
Speaker 1: Come on, no, I mean like in a movie, like you lean back and you open hand slab Like there's there's got to be I'm sure that there's been some people who have come up to you in public and you're like, oh, I'd like to just swing one at one of these people, right, now she's too nice for this though.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately folks, Yes.
Speaker 7: Sean, but that day has that day has probably come up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I probably, I would think, so, well, should be we be worried? What are your experts saying over there at Fox thirty five, Amy call Fell, what's going on with this tropical storm? Maybe Bertha?
Speaker 7: Bertha?
Speaker 16: I think, well, no, there's nothing for us to worry about here, And in fact, I feel bad for Texas because you guys know that Texas has been inundated with rain over.
Speaker 7: The last several days.
Speaker 16: We've been sent people from central Florida are heading over there to try to help with swift water rescues.
Speaker 7: Yeah, a couple of people have sadly died, so yeah, so but yeah, so this storm looks.
Speaker 16: Like right now it's heading for Louisiana Tech and we do think it will probably be upgraded and get a name at some point today, which would be Bertha. But no, as far as we're concerned here in Florida, we were we should be fine.
Speaker 1: I know, we're getting quite a ways into hurricane season here and we haven't even named a bee storm yet, which is crazy, Like, when was the last time we got to July twentieth, and we hadn't had two named storms been like.
Speaker 7: Over a month since Arthur.
Speaker 16: But they've been predicting that this isn't going to be much of a season. One it's El Nino, and then two on top of that, we keep having these Saharan dust that keeps for our way. So every time that happens out also downtaps, you know, the chances that something will just.
Speaker 1: Isn't there just a way for us to tap into that? Like, can we make it so each year we do something so the Saharan dust flies over, and then the Saharan dust soaks up all the moisture, and then we don't get the hurricane, and then Florida never gets.
Speaker 3: A hurricane again.
Speaker 7: Right, That'd be nice, wouldn't it.
Speaker 3: There's got to be a way.
Speaker 16: People up North Sean dealing with the Canadian smoke I know actually concern about yesterday's game because they played that game in New York that the Canadian smoke might impact the game, and they were trying to figure out should they move it.
Speaker 7: Can you imagine if they'd had to move that game? That would have been insane?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess that there were some storms that came up and then it like sort of absorbed a lot of that stuff that was going on and it cleared it up, thankfully. But yeah, I had some friends in New Jersey and New York that I was talking to and they said, you go outside right now, and it's it's pretty bad. And they thought that it might be that bad for Saturday or Sunday's game, especially Sunday's.
Speaker 3: Game, because that was obviously going to be bad.
Speaker 16: The President was saying that Canada needs to like own up to this smoke issue because this is to become like a recurring thing in the summertime. But then I thought it was interesting. So at the game yesterday, you had all these dignitaries lined up. You know, they had president of FIFA, and then you had President Trump, and then you had the President of Mexico.
Speaker 7: I had the Prime Minister of Canada, and.
Speaker 16: I'm like, I wonder, can you imagine if it had been like super smoke, he President would have been like, U.
Speaker 1: This is you fault? Yeah, why are your trees burning?
Speaker 3: Why is this happening right now?
Speaker 1: Just gonna put some more tariffs. If we can fix that too, we can fix the world. Here. We got the Saharan dust. We're gonna put out the fires on one thing.
Speaker 3: At a time.
Speaker 1: All right, what's grabbing your attention in the news world today, you guys, We have just this.
Speaker 7: Is probably the story that a lot of people are talking about.
Speaker 16: A heartbreaking story, as is a mother who was out along the Saint John's River in Lusia County over the weekend on Saturday.
Speaker 7: Her four year old dropped a toy.
Speaker 16: Or something into the river and then ended up going over like a kind of like a wooden barrier and fell into the water. And so the mother immediately gets into the water to save him. And you know, the Saint John's River is this is a significant body of water, right, So then the somebody called the attention of a nearby boater. The boater came over and threw some life preservers. The mother was meanwhile holding the four year old over her head and she was taking in water but trying to keep the four year old above the water the rescue boat could come over. They did come over and manage to get both of them. However, the mom did not survive six So we're doing a follow up story on that today. They've started to GoFundMe so that the children can be taken care of. She thankfully does have an older daughter who is able to take care of the younger siblings.
Speaker 1: Six kids.
Speaker 7: You said six, geez was fours. It's just one of those stories that just is absolutely heartbreaking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, a little heroic moment on her part to jump in obviously after her kid, and then you know, unfortunately she doesn't make it out. But it's a tough one. A lot of people were saying that they saw that story this morning. Uh, and uh, you know, you got to feel for the family obviously.
Speaker 3: What else is on your radar today?
Speaker 16: Amy, We've got another launch tomorrow because this storm is moving the other direction, that launch should go up, okay, and then Starship will be trying.
Speaker 7: Again this week.
Speaker 16: And you guys, there's a lot of talk about Starship because Starship right now is launching in Bocachica, Texas. But this will eventually be coming to the Space Coast. In fact, they think maybe by the end of this year. So a lot of people who live in Brevard County have concerns. Right this is a massive rocket, is the largest rocket ever.
Speaker 7: Made, and so you know, people.
Speaker 16: Just I think just naturally, you know, people are wanting to make sure that it's safe and that they feel safe living there having a rocket of this magnitude, you know, blasting off. It's not going to be blasting off like these Falcon Nines are all the time, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But are worried about rockets going off, like we've been living with this for a little a while now.
Speaker 16: Well, no, so in Boca Chica where this rocket is currently taking off in Texas, it's in a very isolated place. But you know, over on the Space Coast it's very populated. So when they eventually move the starship from Texas to Florida, there are people on the Space Coaster who, you know, are concerned about the massive size of this rocket because it's the biggest, biggest ever.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, so we'll see, We'll see what happens.
Speaker 16: I think that by the time it gets here, hopefully they have checked off all the safety. But shoot, you guys, we just saw that new Glen rocket explode during a test fire and that was just a few weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Really stupid question. How would they get it here? But they have to just to dissemble the whole thing.
Speaker 16: No, so they have multiple so they are Basically, the infrastructure is already here in Florida, and so basically they have you know, the way they structure these rockets or build these rockets, they already have multiple parts and pieces, you guys, have you guys remember this starship has actually blown up multiple times over the Caribbean.
Speaker 1: Back when it was Jefferson starship.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's you feeling back when it was Jefferson. That was a classic.
Speaker 1: By the way, No, don't Amy, don't go along with him on these things. Please just leave people do this to me all the time. Just please just leave them in my life. Both actively campaigned for people not to laugh at me. He made a John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt joke last week and it's still I have not gotten hasted. I have not.
Speaker 7: Made a really corny dad joke.
Speaker 16: This morning, I said, let us talk about the this, this, let us Oh my gosh, you guys look about you.
Speaker 7: But I am so scared to buy let us right now, and it's terrible. I have let us fear.
Speaker 1: Let us.
Speaker 7: This morning, I was like, let us talk more about it means going around.
Speaker 1: You know what the brutal thing is, here's the brutal thing. So the FDA comes out, all right, I'll get you, I'll get you some conspiracy fodder here for just a moment.
Speaker 3: The FDA comes.
Speaker 1: Out and they say, we found the source of this cyclospora that's causing excuse me, but explosive diarrhea and a big portion of Americans lives, right, And the FDA goes, it's coming from Taco Bell, which poor Taco Bell has led to like eight billion jokes for for the Taco Bell world to do. No, no, no, no, there's about three jokes. They're just totally billion times. You're right, you're right, Yeah, the same joke over and over and over and over and over for the for the Taco Bell folks, right, And the FDA is like, yep, Taco Bell. Well, and something called Tailor Farms is responsible for this unbelievable you're making everybody sick.
Speaker 3: How could you do this?
Speaker 1: And then today I see Tailor Farms, the group that the FDA blamed for this whole outbreak of cyclospora, and the Tailor Farms people said today the FDA apologized to us. Yesterday, FDA informed Tailor Fresh Foods that one of its iceberg lettuce products from Central Mexico had to confirm positive tests for this cyclospora. Today we were informed that the FDA made a mistake, that it was a false positive. To be clear, at this moment, the FDA has not identified a single positive product test result for cyclospora. Acting on initial information provided by health officials and an abundance of caution, we completed a voluntary recall of iceberg lettuce from Central Mexico. And so they said, the FDA goes, whoops, sorry, our test was wrong. We got that one wrong. We didn't actually test positive. Now think about this for a second. This tailor Fresh Foods was accused of surveying up lettuce that had cyclospore and it was giving people explosive diarrhea. Taco Bell was accused of serving up this stuff. They started to interview the people and most of them were like, no, we never ate a Taco Bell. And they said, now we're pretty sure, no, no, we didn't. We never ate a Taco Bell. The people were saying, we didn't need there, so we don't know if it was Taco Bell. We don't know if it was Taylor Farms. And then the conspiracy twist on this apparently is the CEO of Taylor Farms was a big donor at one point in time, donating over a million dollars to the Trump administration, And now it's like, did the money that was paid over get paid back in the form of Oh, no, it definitely didn't come from them.
Speaker 3: I don't know what to believe anymore.
Speaker 7: No, it's a mess.
Speaker 16: And you guys and I think that this is a problem. Like it's good and bad. Right, it's like, okay, oh, we finally know what's going on. Okay, great. So if it wasn't Taylor Farms, it wasn't coming from Taco Bell, where was it coming from? And if we still don't know, that is why people are like, uh, And it made me not just paranoid about buying lettuce of any kind, now, it's made me paranoid about like, like everything in my fridge that's like producing, yeah, washing my blueberries.
Speaker 7: To the point that there was like no skin left on.
Speaker 1: Them, right, same, yeah, yeah. And it's weird that you go, Okay, so people all over the place are getting sick.
Speaker 3: It's not good.
Speaker 1: It like really really affects you and and feels bad. This is not like, oh, there's some virus spreading. This is like, Hey, you're gonna have cramps and you're not gonna be able to move for a couple of days. Some people go to the hospital because they feel so bad. But we have no idea at this point in time where it's coming from. What farm led to this people getting this round of cyclists or up, We don't know. You don't know at all. And then last week, you know, I'm we're talking about it so much that I just get a little bit of rumble in the tummy. And now I'm just worried. Now I'm paranoid. I know, paranoid that my body is going to manifest.
Speaker 3: The body will manifest.
Speaker 1: It's a very powerful thing, the brain, and they'll just create the symptoms out of thin air.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and now I'm screwed the.
Speaker 1: Same I've been playing a little game called whiskey or produce. See, like, I'm not sure what has gotten time.
Speaker 16: I'm not remember the scene from stand by Me the pie eating contest, Remember, yeah, remember that scene where the one guy starts getting sick from the.
Speaker 1: Hot and then yeah, right, and.
Speaker 16: Some people are like that, they just have to watch someone else get sick and they get sick.
Speaker 1: My theory on this amy I don't know if you, uh, if you buy into this or not. This is not like the conspiracy theory about political donations FDA that My theory is. I think you can take the amount of people that they believe have gotten this cyclospora and you could put at least one zero on the end, because I think some people, even if they have it, are too embarrassed. Like you wouldn't want to tell your friend, oh, man, I've been dealing with cyclospora all week.
Speaker 3: That's kind of embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't be me, guys, you would.
Speaker 7: Know, absolutely right, I would tell you. Would you just attribute to something else?
Speaker 16: Sean, Like you're just like, oh, it's from the you know that burger I had whatever?
Speaker 7: You're so right. I think the numbers are exponentially higher.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think people are a little embarrassed. But there you go.
Speaker 1: Anything else on your radar today, Amy, that's all right. We're gonna we get to see you in less than a month. We do.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 7: I'm excited.
Speaker 1: Amy is playing in the poker tournament this year.
Speaker 7: Oh, I have a chance of winning? Please?
Speaker 1: Yeah? My table would be a good spots over then. I'm easy when you're knocking me right out. No, I'm terrible at this stuff every single year. I think you out.
Speaker 3: Lasted last year.
Speaker 1: I am that last time. You know, you know what happened at my table? Like I come into the poker tournament, celebrity poker tournament. I sit down and a couple people are like, oh my god, the news junk.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yeah, yeah, here I am.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 3: It goes good to be at your guys' table.
Speaker 1: And then the one guy right next to me goes, oh, that would have been awesome to be at Amy Kawfeld's table.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, we were right next to me.
Speaker 1: He's like, oh, it's so awesome to even just be anywhere near Amy Cawfeelt's table.
Speaker 16: Jesus, buddy, that's what the people in mind table we're saying about you.
Speaker 7: God, your table, you definitely beat me out.
Speaker 1: I well, be careful avoid all that produce and the lettuce and all of that good stuff. And if you if somebody, if somebody encounters you, and that person that encounters you gets a little rude this week, just one slap, just one big slap like that, you'll feel good. I think I think it'll help out all right. There she is Amy Kufel Yes, she is unbelievable. She's the best, and you need to follow her on every social platform you could possibly dream up. Search for Amy Kufeld, search for Fox thirty five. Make sure you're watching every single morning and Good day Orlando. If you're here locally in our home market and everybody else, go check out what's going on in her social media profiles.
Speaker 3: Amy, we'll see you next week.
Speaker 7: Thanks you guys, Lovely.
Speaker 1: Amy kauf Felt and She's and me and Sea Lan are all wishing that nobody gets sick with that cyclosport this week. It does not seem fun quick break when we come back. There's been a massive argument playing out online that I want to tap into. We got to pick a side on the way at some point in time. More about Bertha and a whole lot more. It's coming up next in the news.
Speaker 17: Junkie Till and how I changed my feet?
Speaker 18: Was it here?
Speaker 3: But dah there we go?
Speaker 1: No? No, all right, yeah, I want to see you on my feet. I want to see you see like I can't see your beautiful fat I'm hiding. Oh there you are. I wasn't hiding on is it the cyclospora? Is that what you're hiding A little bit that does happen. I'll get into that just a moment, but I had a couple of things I wanted to run by you. After Spain won the World Cup. Spain wins, beats Argentina, The World Cup huge success. They compared it to like twenty three Super Bowls, a lot of balls. Super Bowls made money. People were excited. It made people realize America isn't this crap fest that their media tells them it is, and that we're just a country full of people doing some pretty cool stuff over here. Forgive us for shoehorning a super Bowl halftime show into their World Cup. They they maybe I don't know if they liked it or not. I don't know if that went over well, but we'll find out. They did make a ton of money. FIFA is announcing that they made fifteen billion dollars with a bee a capital B fifteen billion dollars in revenues this summer's a World Cup, significantly exceeding the targets set before the tournament. The FIFA member associations were informed of the boost and income by Gianni Inventino on Saturday. They projected a lot wasted, no time wasted, no time in celebrating that by paycheck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they're all making money.
Speaker 1: You know what. I even heard the Women's World Cup Soccer team makes money off of the men's World Cup Soccer team winning their piece of the prize pool, which is crazy, but that like, that's whatever arrangement they have going on. There's a lot of money to go around. Fifteen billion dollars. They expected about eleven billion or so, but they're just printing money over there. And the craziest thing that I heard was Calshi. This is one of the prediction markets things. I'm always talking about people who are cheating on these prediction markets, and Calshi's one of the big ones out there. They said one point two billion dollars was bet on the World Cup final. One point two billion dollars. That's unbelievable. This is not even like a real betting house. It's like a predictions market in this weird loophole territory and a billion dollars was bet on the outcome of the World Cup game. They brought in over a three million new users over the core course of the World Cup tournament. And they're they're investigating some of the bets that were put on the halftime show. They said, Fozzy Bear and just Cash cashed in this millions betting on some of the things that would happen. Did you did you notice the the children's choir in the in the halftime show? No, I don't think I saw them. I saw him. I was looking and I was like, I saw their jerseys. I looked close at it, and I was like, oh, that's that Elementary Schools two in Staten Island that has been like their chorus has routinely been viral over the last I don't know, decade or more.
Speaker 3: These little kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they're allbviously because it's an elementary school choir. The kids have you know, rotated out of grown out of being in it. But that particular choir, for whatever reason, has held onto this small amount of fame in the music world. You will you will recognize them from being the kids singing in the background of Little Secrets by Passion Pit. Oh, no way, that's w he did that. But yeah, I mean it's like, it's it's that they've been we gotta get.
Speaker 3: Them to sing in the background or something for us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Stevie Nicks had them sing with with her at Madison Square Garden. They've done stories about them on Nightline. I mean, there's just they have a Wikipedia page that is long. It's very long. Are they making any money off of this or is this just some adult that's pulling in all the fun. It probably goes to the school, you know, it probably, I'm sure the I mean the school in Staten Island. It probably goes to you know, funding their trips to other places and for other years. I mean, I don't know, yeah, yeah, all right, well we'll see. I also got somebody had sent me in. A couple of people actually sent in the email of Robbie Williams, who was on during some of the will Us stuff. He was in the opening ceremonies. He was he did one of the first songs and he looked different, like I didn't know who was on the screen until the Chiron came on and said Robbie and I was like, what, yeah, he does. And then people said that cocaine fell out of his nose and then landed on the mic and he picked it up. Okay, there's no way that. I think if you watch closely you could see it spit out of his mouth, but it did look like a just a drop of cocaine his nose and ended up on the microphone.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to see is it there, No, it's not there yet. Mouth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it came from his mouth, but everybody thought it just dropped out of his nose hole and then popped onto the microphone and he's like oh, and he throws it away really quickly, and people noticed that on live TV as well. Then there was talk of whether or not Trump was booed when he came out, because Trump was at the World Cup Final two. Let's see, we'll listen to that and see if this was some heavy booing or not. All right, the presidents of.
Speaker 7: The United States on the field.
Speaker 1: Hard to tell.
Speaker 18: Longside Jenny and Fantino Olfa.
Speaker 1: This sounds very split. Yeah, I mean there's definitely boos in there. It's noise, so, I mean, I'm sure there's like a little bit of each. Maybe this other clip is a little easier to hear. I'm not sure. Here's another one. This is oh, this is the anthem right. Oh. That barrier they put in front of the president too, was very very hard for television. Bulletproof like bulletproof glass they put up in front of them. I'm sure that's what it was, but it just did not gel well with the cameras at all. This stuff is so thick. You compare see the Trump family through it and some of the other folks who are watching this VIP section of the World Cup. They got that stuff because everybody's been popping off shots at him. But it does it kind of messes up the visual.
Speaker 3: A little bit. I guess you have to sacrifice. That's how it goes.
Speaker 1: Eighty thousand fans out there for the World Cup and made a lot of money. Spain wasn't the only winner. There was a lot of people making money off that. The biggest winner they seem to do quite well. And what's his name? Who's the biggest soccer player? Dude, I'm so bad at this. I apologize. Messy, MESSI I saw. I was watching the commercials right after the game, and I kid you not, this really happened. There was a commercial that popped up and I think it was Low's and it was like, oh my god, you're messy, and he's like, oh, yes.
Speaker 3: I am messy. I am the sucker player. Everybody loves me.
Speaker 1: World Cup and he's walking through the aisles of a Low's and he's hanging out there and oh my god, I got the commercial ends in the go go to Low's for great deals to fix your house. Next commercial pops off and it's michelob Light and he's like, oh, I'm messy here from michelob Light and he's taking a sip of the beer and MESSI he's very good at soccer. I'm drinking the michelob Light. And the next commercial came up. Three commercials in a row all right here at the radio station. They won't let us put commercials together generally that are voiced by the same talent. Not to MESSI had three commercials in a row in a row that he had. Was it not MESSI? Was it the other guy?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Somebody's saying he refuses to do so.
Speaker 1: Oh he refused to speak English and commercials he might not have spoke.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just saw him three times in a row up on the commercial. And this guy is raking in the money. Everybody was apparently at the World Cup except for me and seland we didn't get anything. We didn't get paid out. Fortunately, it's brutal. It's absolutely brutal. I want to do this story out of Chicago about the guy the only man brave enough to admit that he had cyclospora, and this guy like went on television in Chicago and explained all that was going on here. We'll do it in a little bit because it's a really interesting story and boy did he have a time.
Speaker 3: We're going to take a quick break.
Speaker 1: When we come back, we will obviously get to the hot sheet. We'll get to your feedback. Lots of dispatches coming in. I told people to do rate my blank or to keep this going for the whole week. I want to see your magnet collection, your magnets from the news Junkie. I want to see you with a news junkie magnet in the most amazing place. And whatever one we think is the best out of all the photos that come in this week, we will make that person a winner of Rate by a blank. Right, So we have that and so much more. It's coming up next than the News Junkie. At the top of the hour, I've got to pick a side from my own neighborhood, okay, and I cannot wait to share this story with you. Guys, this is maybe one of the most explosive things I've seen in a while. And I've been trying to get all the different people involved in this, possibly even on the show. I don't know how this is gonna go, but we'll see how it works out. We'll get into that just a bit. Right now, let's do the Hot Sheets sheet. It's in new news, but not like real important news. That's again Ay parting on the Planet book.
Speaker 3: Top stories from the people on your screens.
Speaker 1: Men's speakers are.
Speaker 3: On the Hot Sheet with Sea Lane.
Speaker 1: That's right, the top five stories of the nonsense news, brought to you by that mortgage guy Don And uh, you know, we saw during the FIFA World Cup there was an there was a question on a lot of people's minds that was kind of awkward and kind of weird, and that was is Tom Cruise there?
Speaker 10: Ye?
Speaker 1: Why does he have a movie coming out? He does? He has, and I I've seen the trailer for it. It looks like it actually could be pretty interesting, and I think it's more of like a comedy action than your normal Tom Cruise action drama. But he's he's been plugging his movie Digger, so he was all over the FIFA World Cup coverage, but like whenever Tom Cruise shows up like that, and they gave him a mic and he made a little speech. I didn't listen to it, but I saw it. I saw it going down, and I thought, this reminds me of going back to the movie theater to watch The Top Gun Maverick. And then they had this weird address from Tom Cruise at the beginning of the movie before they start the movie. It was just him sitting in a chair going, Hey, it's me Tom Cruise, thank you for coming back to the movie. And he's just like, okay, like we need you know, cinema goers like you, or what fuel this industry and.
Speaker 3: Blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: A lot of times, Mom, Cruise does these things, and you go, I don't know why I hate this, but I for some reason hate this, Like there's nothing wrong with him doing that little message, but there's also something slightly annoying about it for some reason. And then you're worried he's talking to Elmo and you're worried that he's gonna win him over to the world of scientology or something.
Speaker 3: I never know what's going to happen well.
Speaker 1: In other news of somewhat awkward but interesting shoehorned movie advertising, Limp Biscuit were joined on stage by various members of the cast of Supertroopers over the weekend. All Right, the New Metal Icon set was invaded by members of the Broken Lizard comedy troop, all appearing in character for a set closing performance of Break Stuff. Both the band and the cast played up the pairings. The Supertroopers barged on stage too, initially enforce a noise complaint against Limb Biscuit. Yeah, so the guys just showed up in their cop gear and they're like, hey, hey, it's getting too loud here now. And then it was just doing super Trooper stuff. And it was because on August seventh, they're opening the third film and the Supertroopers franchise and Biscuits participation. I love that they keep calling him Biscuit, like you know when you refer to somebody by their last name. They're like, Biscuits participation in the aforementioned festival has a story of its own, and then they go into the few that they had with Creed and all that. But yeah, if you were watching Limp biscuit at a festival over the weekend, you may have been treated to a viral slash not so viral shoehorned. I mean, yeah, it is kind of fun if you're a fan of Supertroopers, which I had a lot of friends in school that loved those movies. Oh yeah, I thought they were good. Jim Parsons of Big Bang Theory fame said he would never do that again. You mean make one hundred million dollars whatever people made on that show. Yeah, it does sound weird, but Jim Jim Parsons are recently told All Out with John that he was miserable during the height of his long running TBS sitcom. So was my roommate because he hated that guy's voice. If we were watching something and Big Bang came out afterwards, he's like, turn it off. I can't see this guy. He's right, he does have an annoying voice. There is something about that. But those people made, they may have made more money than the friends people. I don't know if that's possible, but they tried. He said, I wouldn't do that again, and for any amount of money. I look back now and we realized there were many ways at some of the best moments of my life. I was miserable. I was not happy. I was stressed. I felt there were so many plates I was supposed to be keeping in the air, and the success and the good things of life were happening only to this overworking discipline whatever. Maybe to a degree that was true, I don't know. I can't say, because that's how I was. He says he would never return and do The Big Bang Theory over again, even for lots of lots of money, which I'm pretty sure he got anyway, right, I mean, those guys cleaned up in The Big Bang Theory. I never watched that show even one time, but it was so crazy to me how much of a runaway hit that was. Like there was a lot of people watching, so they all printed money. But I mean it kind of missed me with afterwards being like, I would have never done it if I have given the opportunity to come on. I think I've only watched it by accident. And I'm definitely definitely don't have any interest in Young Sheldon. Disney is not learning their lesson. It seems. It seems like they're like no, no, no, no, no, Everything's going great. We'll just keep doing this this being what do you think shown?
Speaker 3: Everything's going great, We'll keep doing this.
Speaker 1: We'll keep doing this thing that we've been doing live action remakes Bingo Bingo because m O White and Moana were such big hits. Emmy winner and Oscar Nomini Coleman Domingo and director Robert O'Hara are in talks to write a live action film about Princess Tiana from Disney's The Princess and the Frog. Now, I think they did say for this one, it's not going to be Princess and the Frog specifically, like exactly, but they're still going with the live action thing again on the heels of Moana just kind of yeah, flopping at the box office. You know why. That's always funny to me because this is dumb Disney stuff. But the Princess Tiana thing is kind of funny because if you watch that movie, Princess Tiana is only in the movie for like a couple of minutes. She's a frog the whole time. So this is basically a spinoff, right, yeah, Like she's an animal, Like they're not focusing on that character, so this probably is an attempt to like build that character out more well. The project, which is in the very early stages at the studio, is an original idea inspired by two thousand and nine animated classic The musical fairy Tale, set in nineteen twenties New Orleans, centers on Tiana, the waitress with dreams to become a restaurant owner who is set on a jury journey to turn a frog back into a human, only to face the same problem after she kisses him. And yep, they're going to do another live action thing and probably keep throwing that out there, maybe in Conto's next We'll see.
Speaker 3: There was a there was a lot of talk.
Speaker 1: Do you remember watching the old first live action speaking of live action movies, the Scooby Doo movie. Yeah, that was with Matthew Lillard. Yes, Matthew Lillard played Shaggy. They famously said he to try and do the Shaggy voice. He would just scream before takes to get that kind of weird thing, and he just gave himself laryngitis, like trying to make this movie. But Matthew Lillard, this was such a time capsule. Freddy Prince Junior, Sarah Michelle Geller, and Linda Cardelini back in the live action Scooby movie, and I guess there was a lot of stuff that they cut out of that movie, like now we're getting more scenes making out There was really confirmed during a recent visit on Watch What Happens Live. The two thousand and two is live action Scooby Doo movie shot and cut a steamy kiss between Daphney played by Sarah Michelle Geller, and Linda Cardolini's Velma. Now, there's been talked about Velma being gay for a long time, and I think in the new series Velma is gay. But there was a lot more stuff that got cut out of this movie. And I think the funniest thing I read. Sarah Michelle Geller said there was a great line too that I'll never forget. Daphne and Fred were having a fight and I yell at him that ascot makes you look gay, and then I slammed the door at him, and they cut that too. She said they should have kept that in there. She said, I think that was the reason I signed on to the movie, and it's something everyone's thought for a long time. There's always been an implication about Fred being a little interested in both parties. But back in two thousand and two, they were cutting a lot of stuff like that. And finally, this is one of my favorite story. Fred is interested in traps really, but real quick, TJ chat E Freshrock says, a live action toy story is in the works for sure. Could you imagine that's ridiculous? A live action toy story would only be good if it were a horror film, if it were reimagined as some sort of actual scary, thrilling horror film. The only way I could see that going down. Yeah, But my favorite story from over the weekend, because everybody's talking about the Christopher Nolan. They're talking about The Odyssey making a quarter of a billion dollars in the first weekend globally, and Christopher Nolan told this story about it. I guess he was writing The Odyssey and he did this weird thing where he doesn't want to be distracted or intimidated by his own oscars, so he puts them away. Okay, be like, oh, you know, I'm just working on my masterpiece. Let me put all my awards away so I'm not a problem to have, so I'm not pressured, right, And so he's talking about this and he said, well, my son walked into the office and he's got he's got a couple of sons. I didn't say which one, so I don't know how old this kid is, but but you know, young adult age here. We're talking eighteen to twenties, right, Yeah, my son walked into my office while I was writing on The Odyssey and said, where are your oscars, explaining his son had been away during the Academy award wins for Oppenheimer, so he wanted to see them, and he said. I told my son I kept the awards out of my view to minimize the pressure while writing, you know, the Odyssey and adapting this epic poem for the big screen. I said, I'm trying to write a new project and if I've got of oscars sitting there on the shelf, think about how daunting that'd be. And the kid immediately piped back, but you didn't win for writing so but hilarious and I mean, quick, quick, comeback from the kid. But Christopher Nolan having a big weekend with The Odyssey at the box office. Hey, if you have a mortgage rate with a seven or eight in front of it, it's time to start checking into a refinance immediately or you're paying too much, and that mortgage guy Don is back this week not only to save you money, but to whoop our asses and Fritz on the street once more. When we figure out, I'll find out how his trip went. The guy was in Alaska, he went on his first cruise. We'll hear from him later this week. But if you need to save some money on that mortgage, you should hear from him today and you could reach out to him at that mortgage Guy Dawn dot com. Thank you, Selin. What'll we come back? I have a pick aside from my very own neighborhood and this is insane. Okay, good time for you if you got some time to pop on over to YouTube dot com slash the News Junkie. The show continues during the commercial breaks.
Speaker 3: Over there.
Speaker 1: You can listen behind the scenes with skull mic and there's extra stories and it's just rolling on all the time. But you can watch what I'm about to tell you, and this is a story from my own neighborhood, a pick aside, and it's insane. Okay, stand by that's coming up next on the News Junkie. I've got some very juicy drama from my own neighborhood to spill with you folks in a second. But I do want to remind you quick reminder, keep your ears peeled for those keywords. You hear those keywords during the show, even if you're watching over on YouTube. You hear the keyword, you can participate and win a thousand dollars. It's really easy. And the more time that goes by, the less people think they're going to win, so the less people enter, and it's like a really good shot for you to make some money. Just listen for the keywords and participate. Are here we go a ceiling. Embrace yourself for this. I don't think I sent this to you this weekend, did I? Oh god? Okay, all right, we have a pick a side I need to I need you to send that to me at some point in time.
Speaker 3: I keep taking about.
Speaker 6: Wants to pick aside who are going on a rid?
Speaker 1: This is unbelievable. I saw this in my very own neighborhood. We have to walk through this together, all right. There's a woman who has a neighbor who is full on going to war with her in my neighborhood. And I'll give you an example. Here's one of the signs outside of her outside of the neighbor's house show this, yeah, yeah, okay. It says warning, I shoot first, ask questions later. That's a sign you could just buy from the store, right. But on the bottom of it it says lying bitch. Like the person printed out a piece of paper and it just says lying bitch below this. Does this mean they're lying about shooting first and asking questions later, or they're just calling the person who shoots first and ask questions later a lying bitch?
Speaker 3: Overall, the second option sea line.
Speaker 1: The second option this and I'll give you the story of what's going on behind the scenes. This is wild, the drama going on in this neighborhood. I was messaging with the lady last night. In fact, I'll try to drum up a call with her. I'll message her and say, hey, give me your number. I'll give you a call so we could hear her story, because she said this has been really, really rough for her. I'll give you the first paragraph before I show you the unbelievable footage from her neighbor's yard. But Powella says, for months, my family has experienced ongoing harassment from a neighbor. This all began after I installed a fence on my own property. What started as a disagreement has continued to escalate into repeated incidents that have affected my family's safety, privacy, and ability to peacefully enjoy our home. Here we go. So here is here's some of the footage. I'll mute this just in case, I know, maybe it's fine to play the audio will say, all right.
Speaker 3: So this is the neighbor's house.
Speaker 1: You can see the neighbor has massive signs all over the front yard and it says the Karen of the century or something probably yeah, neighborhood.
Speaker 3: Karen of the neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Then there's another big sign that says, revenge is not my plans. You will f word yourselves all on your own on this sign. Worst neighbors ever, but damn good liars on this sign. Then they made a sign that's a giant arrow that says the Karen literally pointing to their neighbor's house that lives next door. This is the woman who's writing all of this right. Then here's some more signs. They are terrible examples for the Latino culture, says this son sign. Then here's the kicker, the big sign in the front yard says she took me to court seven nine twenty six and lost. Stupid line, b Is it because I didn't want to f you? And it says the F word on the on the sign. Why wouldn't you sensor, bitch?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 1: The craziest thing is this person doesn't just have massive, super offensive, over the top angry signs in the front yard. They have literal, massive arrows pointing toward the neighbor's house that they're in a fight with. Wow. Okay, so these people need a new hobby. This is an intense neighbor neighborhood fight, so terrible examples for Latino culture, worst neighbors ever. But damn good liars, she took me to court and loss? Stupid lying b Is it because I didn't want to fu?
Speaker 10: So?
Speaker 1: Like, I don't even know now now we're entering that into the equation. Revenge is none of my plans. And then the neighbor has just this regular little fence. There's nothing shocking about the neighbor's fence. The woman that was saying that all this is happening next to her, it all looks fairly normal, right, But the person living next to her one hundred percent hates her.
Speaker 3: Here's the story that she posted.
Speaker 1: She said, the incidents have included public signs directed towards us, offensive and degrading language, intimidation, and actions that have made my family feel targeted. I have documented these events with photographs, videos, and police reports. The neighbor has also installed a mirror behind his property that faces toward the era of my area of my back bedroom, which has caused me concern about my privacy, so he puts He put a mirror up showing into her room on one side of the house. On the side of his property facing my homie played a sign saying I shoot first and asked questions later, lying bitch, which I perceived as directed towards me and intimidating. Yeah, I would say it's directed at you. Yeah, I would say it's directed to you. Somebody says, where is code enforcement? Code enforcement?
Speaker 3: Be damned.
Speaker 1: Is any of this illegal or is it just free speech. Some of the language might be considered extreme, like because you could you could say that one of the ways they used the F word as sexual, there might be an argument for obscenity. However, just having the the the signs if you don't have an hoa in this neighborhood. Just having the signs out there with writing on them, be it crazy. I mean, that's the that's a first sign. Like if you have a sign in your yard that you hand wrote, it's crazy. And it always goes takes me back to my old neighbor that lived across from the house that you first went to, uh when we started the show, when we were doing fireworks in the backyard. That neighbor across the street is super anti Trump and has over the years had many many handmaiden signs in his front yard that were anti Trump, and it was just like, man, like I didn't vote for Donald Trump. So it's like weird that like, like, but I don't want to be on your side. I got it. I don't want to like I don't want to be like, yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 17: No.
Speaker 1: Oh no. The crazy thing is sea LED's all right about this. I'll bring it to a personal thing for us. Whenever we get feedback to the radio station, if somebody says, well, somebody sent you a gift, somebody sent you this. If somebody says, oh, someone mailed in a handwritten letter, everybody cracks their knuckles and go all right, here we go, like when you're handwriting notes on the front of your yard like this, the karen right here, the arrow says this is nasty. This as There are also incidents where I felt threatened. I was told to quote watch my baby very closely, which I perceived as a threat. On other occasions, threatening comments were made while a firearm was visibly present. Although law enforcement advised me that openly carrying a firearm may be legal, the combination of threatening comments and a visible firearm caused my family and me to fear for our safety. My family sought help through the law enforcement in the court system and code enforcement. Based on my experience, I've been told that some of the conduct is considered protected by free speech. So we have the freeze each neighbor with all the signs and the neighbor who apparently pissed this guy off with building a small little fence. Those are our two sides here. Despite reporting these incidents and providing documentation, the situation has continued and I've not received a resolution that allows my family to feel safe and peacefully enjoy our home. I'm sharing my experience not to attack anybody, but to raise awareness about the impact of ongoing neighbor harassment, intimidation, and bullying.
Speaker 3: I'll ask that to you.
Speaker 1: Do you agree that this is either harassment, intimidation, or bullying. I think this is definitely bullying. Harassment maybe, I think that the if it's true that they said you need to watch out for your baby, and they're saying things while displaying a gun, that would be intimidation for sure. Yeah, I would think pro I mean, I would think at the very least bullying. You know, you could say pulling is protected speech, that's fine. But I'm looking for an attorney who handles civil cases involving possible defamation, harassment, intimidation, emotional distress, interference with the peaceful enjoyment of my property. I have documentation, including photos, videos, police report in the timeline of events. So this person is reaching out and trying to get some feedback. So before we go further, because I'm going to try to get this lady on the show, I was messaging with her a bit. I'll try to ring her up at some point, either today or tomorrow or whatever.
Speaker 3: But what do we think is.
Speaker 1: It that neighbor is fine for them to do this because this is free speech. You're allowed to put these kind of messages even with because I don't want to f you and curse words on them in the yard. Or do you side with the neighbor who's dealing with all these signs pointing at them. Alien says physical threats are a crime. Let's see, could we take any of these as actually physical threats?
Speaker 17: Uh?
Speaker 1: Is it because I don't want f you? Damn good liars? Bad?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay, revenge is not my in my plans.
Speaker 1: This says you will f yourselves all on your own, So that's not really a threat. Now to the side of the house. That one sign that first and asked questions later. Yeah, I shoot first and asked questions later, lying bitch that maybe that wouldn't be seen as a threat either. Otherwise there had been some lawsuits over that, I would imagine or just like police, the police probably would have had something to say about that particular sign. I think, like, once again, the threats that we've heard about are only described and not shown. I think the thing about their kid or if you kind of combine a threat like that with having the weapon there, if we're to believe what she says, then law enforcement would have something to say about that if what she's saying is true. Yeah, and also see aj Soup with a good point on twitch. Just because it's not illegal doesn't mean it's not wrong. Yeah. Pick a side is not solely about what you can do legally or not do legally. Who do you think is We've definitely picked a side of somebody who was breaking the law, yes, in the past, and in this case, I'm gonna say, I don't care what's going on, what beef you have with your neighbors, it's not worth this. Whatever beef you have with your neighbors is not worth this. It's not worth putting all these signs up, making your neighborhood look gross, showcasing whatever stupid drama you have between the two of you. It's tacky, and I don't know the whole story, but with knowing what I have here, I'm gonna have to side with the neighbor who doesn't have the aggressive, crazy signs up personally exactly. I've got the number one like that. You see something like that and it's not a birthday party, you know, Yeah, something that's staying up there long term. It's crazy. Yeah, here's some of the comments makes you wonder what his side of the story is. We're getting your side of the story. Is always more than meets the eye, she said. I understand there are always different perspectives. That's why I've documented the incidents with dates, photos, videos, and reports. My goal is not to attack anybody, but find help and share what my family has experienced. I love this. Somebody chimes in and says, just my opinion, but have you considered selling or moving to another neighborhood?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 1: Because he sucks? I've have you considered selling your house and uprooting your entire family and leaving the house that you like. I'm not gonna change my name because he's the one that sucks, exactly. I'm not gonna move. I'm not gonna move because you know in that case, uh office space. But I'm not gonna move because the person is very real and lives next to me with all these signs is trying to ruin my life. Doesn't that mean the person with all the mean and offensive signs wins? Doesn't that person win if you move? I would think so. And it's got to be affecting everybody's property values in the area. This is the kind of thing to happens you walk into this situation and you go to buy a house, you go, I don't want to live next to this person got a freaking blog in their front yard. Could you under Can you imagine if the neighbor on the other side tried to sell their house right now, they'd be absolutely screwed. Oh my god, you try to block it off when you bring people in to tour the place. I understand why somebody might suggest moving, she said, But it's not that simple. If I decide to sell my home, I may have disclosure obligations regarding issues that could affect the property or buyer's decision. It would be difficult to find a buyer who would be comfortable purchasing a home where they're ongoing signs in public displays, creating this type of situation. She sounds in the comments. Pretty level headed, This lady correct, and her neighbor does not seem level headed with the signs. Can she become super caring and call code enforcement for all those signs? Don't know, I'm just asking those are the signs the neighbor are erected.
Speaker 3: And then I love people like this.
Speaker 1: There's always people like have you given a piece of chance? Have you tried to give piece of chance. And by the way, Abraham Dragon friend, totally right. This is the level of crazy that often ends in violence. It's totally right, totally true. These are the episodes of evil neighbors next door that end with one person I a little bit crazier, somebody resorting to violence at some point in time. But Nancy give piece a chance, lady says, I would just ignore them. If they come out and approach you, you can film that. Otherwise ignore them. They have the problem, not you. Is it because they were invading your property and you decided to put a fence where it goes? So there's other stuff we don't know. I've got to get this lady on the line so we could see what's happening. And then even this part where the person who lives there put she took me to court seven nine, twenty twenty six and lost. Stupid lyne b Is it because I didn't want to f you? Was there a relationship here? First?
Speaker 3: Like what happened to start all of this?
Speaker 1: So many questions, so many questions that I have, And we're going to try to dig a little bit deeper. We shall see. Let us know what you think, whose side do you choose? Do you think it's free speech and the neighbor, if he hates his person living next door, can put up all these offensive signs with the F word on him and that's fine. Or do you think that you side with the lady? Give us, give us your thoughts on this. Set a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com right now. Okay, I thought that was crazy, that was absolutely unhitched. I want to know if we can find this lawsuit. Yeah, oh, you might be able to find that's a good point. I can't find the property right at the moment because the name that's on the uh post is not the name that's on the house. Yeah, okay, it's not okay, so she must live there with somebody else, you're saying, or all right, I'm gonna message her. Can I call you on the show? This is right on next door? What is your number?
Speaker 3: Okay? Because I need to get more from this lady's side.
Speaker 1: This is not something that's probably just as simple as we might think. As with so many other things, there's loaded up stuff in here. There's a lot of baggage packed along with this. But I want to know what that baggage is and I think you might too, So we'll take you along with and I'll save this story as we move along through the week. Let us know what you think. Send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. Speaking of that, we have so many dispatches rolling in our rate. My blank for the week is show us your magnets. Rate my magnets. And it can either be your magnet collection like this one right here from Nerve coatsa with all of their lovely magnets on their refrigerator. Not very Game of Magnets friendly, but still we appreciate it. Couch Spider with his magnets here, I said. Or and this might be the one that wins the whole damn thing. If you have magnets in like a clever place, if you took the news junkie magnets and you brought them somewhere and put them on display. Maybe somebody took them to the Grand Canyon earlier. Lots of different opportunities. We're gonna find the best. Here's Amy with her collection. Look at this, damn Amy. I think Amy's got more than I do, for God's sake. Pretty good, it's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Huge collection of the News Junkie magnets.
Speaker 1: So send us yours or your magnets in the weirdest, funniest, excuse me, most interesting places over at Thenewsjunkie dot com. All right, when we come back, we'll see if we get an update from this lovely lady who's in the midst of a really tough neighbors battle. We'll also get to the guy who came to a local media outlet and wanted to finally give his story about what it's like to have cyclospora. He sat down and talked to a local media outlet. I'll play you his story that's coming up next to the News Junkie. Some surprises on the way for you this week, and one will be either today or tomorrow. The other is and I think we might even try this out a little bit in the Power Hour today possibly or certainly this week.
Speaker 3: We'll try it out at some point in time.
Speaker 1: For me, the last bastion of tech things that need to be solidified on this show to bring us to one hundred percent is the live interactions. And I've wanted to do live interactions on the show for a very very long time. I couldn't get anybody to screen calls. I couldn't get phone calls set up. I couldn't get any of that stuff done, So we did a lot of dispatches, and dispatches are a very important part of where the show is and you can, no matter where you're listening, send those all the time. But the excitement of the live calls is something that I've always missed and it's a place that I thrive, and so over the weekend I built out a autoscreen line with a toll free number where people can call up. We have a bunch of lines that will open up. We could turn them on and off when we want to, and when we turn them on, you can call you say what your name is, what you're talking about, and then we can go to you live on.
Speaker 3: The show with a phone call.
Speaker 1: And it should work out really, really well because I can see it on my studio screen in front of me, mixing technology with technology. We can show you on the screen if you're watching over on YouTube. There's just a lot of different options about this, and I'm trying to just build all this stuff out so we have all the coolest features and all the fun stuff that we could possibly have in fact, I work a lot on this and I can show you. Let's ask a question to Tji and I'll show you something else I worked up over the weekend. Hopefully this doesn't fail miserably see land or I'm gonna look stupid, but there's a chance of that happening either way really works for me. Yeah, it's not gonna hurt you in any way. Will Let's ask about that drama that we just talked about, Tjai. If there's two neighbors that are fighting back and forth and another neighbor puts a bunch of mean signs in their front yard, especially signs that might even use the F word or curse words on them, is that any kind of crime or is that just free speech? Hey?
Speaker 5: Great question. It can be a bit of a gray area. In most places, putting up signs on your own property is generally considered free speech, even if they use foul language, But there are exceptions if the signs are threatening or harassing, or if they target someone specific in a defamatory way that could cross the line into harassment or even a crime. A local ordinances might also restrict certain language or signs, so it really depends on the content and local laws.
Speaker 1: All right, So that's about where we thought we were at on this. By the way, there should be like visuals going on in the stream for those of you watching.
Speaker 3: Let me know if that works.
Speaker 1: It can't go Yeah, the futuristic visuals when we use tnji and and correct hopefully correct information out there, don't say who is this hussy?
Speaker 3: This is the voice of Tnjai.
Speaker 1: Can't you can't call Tnjai a Hussey when that text to speech lady was just way too parno. Oh you mean the TTS lady on the dispatch. Yes, I can't have heard no every question I asked to be a little too necessarily broken law this that it looks like how Yeah, yeah, I mean that's what it is. Futuristic. So we can ask any questions to TJI and if you're watching over on or the stream at YouTube dot com, slash the news junkie. Okay, let's see what we got here. Oh, I wanted to bring up the story there's been one guy, only one guy who has been brave enough to get the cyclospora thing which gives you explosive diarrhea, which is maybe now not from Taco Bell, maybe now not from the farm that the FDA blamed it on. We don't know, we don't know what the hell is going on. But the guy who got the cyclospora went to a media outlet, NBC five in Chicago and was willing to talk to them, which is brave. I will say that's brave. It could be very, very embarrassing. So let's see how it went for this discuss disease controlling Prevention says nearly seven thousand people have gotten sick from cyclosporiasis across way more than four states. Those are new numbers in all of it since May.
Speaker 12: A Chicago man says he caught this stomach bug and ended up in.
Speaker 1: The emergency room. Here's NBC five's v Win the emergency room too, Alonzo zero goo. Oh this guy, he's sitting here drinking a like an electrolyte drink. He's drinking like a pedia light as he's doing the interview from Chicago's Look at this guy. He's sitting on a toilet that he brought outside. Hed got. It does look like that he was like the only way to get the interview done was to have him on an outside toilet.
Speaker 19: Says he's been trying to recover from cycle spariasis.
Speaker 12: I'm probably like an eighty percent, but you know that's that's still better than right now.
Speaker 19: The forty six year old told NBC five he started showing symptoms last weekend, including severe diarrhea.
Speaker 1: This is so ballsy of him to go and speak to local media outlets after having explosive diarrhea and then there might be conditions here, Sean, you might be like, hey, I'll do the interview, but we need to have a pre tape. Yeah, I could, you know, at any point to stand up and excuse myself and very quickly. Yeah, he's brave, though.
Speaker 12: I think it was just every hour and a half going to the blushroom. I don't think I've spent more than an hour and a half continuously in the last week on show.
Speaker 19: Things took a turn when he noticed blood in his stool.
Speaker 12: My family was like, that's not normal, and we went to the er and had it checked.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is why I'm telling you there's so many more people than this that have had this cyclospora. The guy is talking about his bloody stools, he's talking about his family's going that's not normal, that that's happening. This guy is over sharing. Most people will never tell you that this has happened.
Speaker 18: Took blood simple, the school simple, and it just.
Speaker 1: Went to the same place. Zara Goza says.
Speaker 19: Doctors at Northwestern Hospital told him they believe he came down with the intestinal illness. He looked back on his history to see where he may have caught it, a.
Speaker 12: Look through everything. There was nothing that I ate that contained lettuce. Taco bells set for Chiloupa from the.
Speaker 6: Luxe No Heaven Shulopa.
Speaker 1: He got a luxe box.
Speaker 12: I looked at the app. I googled the ingredients that says Iceberg lettuce.
Speaker 19: The FDA is investigating the cycle sprice and child breaking five states.
Speaker 7: Iceberg lettuce.
Speaker 19: Taylor Farms issued a voluntary recall of all Iceberg lettuce source from Mexico.
Speaker 1: Here's for the record if you missed it earlier today, the FDA has apologized to Taylor Farms and said that their second test showed that it was an errant test that it didn't actually test positive. So we don't even know if that farm is the center of this. But this guy's now blooming on a chiloop.
Speaker 19: Taco bell said it also removed affected lettuce from its restaurants. Federal health investigators have in said of produce from that supply is linked to cases in other states like Illinois. As for a Zerigoza, he's warning neighbors to be careful.
Speaker 12: Stay hydrated, be careful about where you're eating, make sure you wash clean and cook any any greens that you're eating.
Speaker 19: The Illinois Department of Public Health says at least three hundred and ninety because they have a go fund in the state, around sixty here in Chicago reporting from the news, I'm.
Speaker 1: Telling you, there's so many more people that have had this. This is embarrassing to go on the media and be like, it's been just absolutely disgusting. In my house, i haven't been able to sleep for more than an hour and a half straight for a week. I've just been blowing it out all over the place. But that's literally what the guy is saying. And then I think a lot of people are trolling like people are freaking out about this. One video going how dumb could folks be? And it shows somebody taking their their produce, their lettuce or their greens and they're pouring clorox bleach on it.
Speaker 3: They're taking a.
Speaker 1: Spring mix and they're like washing it all out, sprang the different disinfectant sprays. This is meant to make you angry, that's what this what This person was gonna throw this away anyways, and they just film themselves doing that. They're not really eating this after words, They're they're just trolling you into getting angry. This sort of outrage content works. They didn't actually eat this lettuce afterwards, at least I hope not good God. But it shows them in the sink using chlorox and all the sprays, and then what does it show them afterwards eating something? I think it is. Yeah, Oh, they put a little cheese on top some shrimp and made themselves a lettuce afterwards. Just for the record, if you're watching this, valve, yeah they could call it. Some call it that. I believe that this is fake. I don't believe this person actually ate this. I think they're trolling and trying to make you angry and outrage bait here. But just in case you do buy into this, don't do this. Just just avoid eating produce for a little while if you don't mind, or if you want your stomach to serve and not do an embarrassing interview let us know what you think. Send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com right now. All right, we will take a quick break. When we come back, we've got jury duty. I want to talk about this woman who's been going viral. Her name's Bethany Michael. We're going to try to reach out to her as well. And she has her father who died and left her this house in a neighborhood and the neighborhood's like a fifty five and up neighborhood, and the neighborhood is saying that even though her father left her this house, she can't live there. She's too young to live there. And she's like, I want to live here. My father left me this house, and they said, no, we want you out of here. And they're trying to get this woman out of the neighborhood. It's interesting back and forth legally, so we'll get into that. We'll figure out more about this neighborhood drama that I was stirring up and see what's happening there. We've got a bunch more on the way. It's all coming up next on the News junk Key. Another pick aside at the top of the hour in well, the Power Hour, the power hour of the show. We've got a lot for you, so let's just start it off. Here we go, let's do jury duty.
Speaker 11: Court is now in session, so put your phone down and pay attention before we call the bailiff over to whip your half your no injury duty with the noose Junkie.
Speaker 1: Jury Duty brought to you by the one, the only, Mo de Witts of the DeWitt Law Firm. Moses will be back on the show this week as far as I know. We'll see what's happening with him later on and get to your questions, your legal questions and all of that good stuff that will be coming up as the week rolls on.
Speaker 3: In the meantime, if.
Speaker 1: You have an accent, if you have any issues and it happens to you, you can reach out. You can reach out and con tack the show, or you could contact Moses. That's what I would recommend to get your case started. Eight sixty six call me. That's the direct number. Eight hundred CALLMO or eight sixty six, either one of them works. Eight hundred Calmo eight hundred call MOO, or go to just CALLMO dot com. After an accident, reach out to the attorney that's going to help you out. Eight hundred call MO. Wednesday is Josh's birthday. We know, we know it's been made very clear that one very clear does what's going on with him?
Speaker 3: One hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Here is the woman who is going through a bit of an issue right now. She is she inherited a house from her father who passed away, and her father was living in a community where it's it's only like older adults. I think it's fifty five and over in the community, and they bar certain people from living there. You got to be older right now. She's twenty eight years old. She's not fifty five or over. She's twenty eight years old. So she goes, I got the house now. My dad died. He left the house to me. I plan on staying at the house. And they go, no, this is old ose only in this community. Get the hell out of here. See you later, sucker. And this has become a huge drama in her area. So let's peek into that world here as we do jury duty. This is a dispute in Jackson today.
Speaker 20: This is the Oak Leaf neighborhood where one hundred and fifty five homeowners will have to pay a thousand dollars special assessment to sue their twenty eight year old neighbor.
Speaker 3: How crazy is that by itself?
Speaker 1: Everybody in the neighbor neighborhood is going to have to spend one thousand dollars for a special assessment. You guys probably don't even know who they can do this, but your hoa can push across a special assessment and then you have to pay the money.
Speaker 3: Everybody in the neighborhood has to pay one.
Speaker 1: Thousand dollars of their own money to sue this twenty eight year old woman who who's living in the house that her dad left her because she's not fifty five. Could you imagine if they spend one thousand dollars everybody in the neighborhood, what do they say, one hundred and fifty five residents, Yeah, uh huh, they're spending one hundred and fifty five thousand dollars to sue this woman.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sure, they're not replacing some lights somewhere too. Is there some new sad going in? One hundred and fifty five thousand dollars seems pretty steep. That's crazy if they all have to pay this to sue her and she somehow wins. She is not going to be very welcome in that neighborhood, no, because everybody's gonna be mad. A thousand bucks ain't nothing.
Speaker 15: That's Bethany Michelle.
Speaker 20: She inherited a home after her father passed away, and today we are hearing from some neighbors who agree with getting her out.
Speaker 14: It's really not about this young lady. It's about enforcing the age requirements across the board. They have the right to choose to live in a nature way and they bought into an hia where it's fifty five and above. I mean, yeah, there are some younger folks like me that live in here. And that's fine because I live with somebody that's over fifty five.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, hold on now, lady, now you have a loophole. She's talking to the news and she wants her worked out of the neighborhood. This younger woman and she's not even fifty five, and she's not even fifty five, but she gets to stay there because she's living with somebody who's fifty five. Do you think she gets a roommate who's fifty five, then she, according to this lady, she would be eligible that would fit the loophole unless the owner has to be fifty five. I think, do you think the news purposely wanted to talk to the lady who's not fifty five about this? Or could they not get any of the rest of the community on camera. I don't know. They talk to more people. I think, here, let's see who else they talk.
Speaker 14: Okay, you know, and while her dad was alive, there was no problem with the young lady living here. But the rules are the rules, and one we can't force the rules for all.
Speaker 20: So you're under fifty five living with your mom in this neighborhood. And yes, so if the same situation were to happen to.
Speaker 10: You, if my mom was to ask, if something was to happen to my mom and she was to pass away, I would fully be under the understanding that I would not live here, like I cannot live here because I'm not shifting five.
Speaker 1: Now, that's so easy to say when your parents are alive and you don't have to move and you don't have to leave, and god knows what else is going on. If your mom were to die, you would have to I mean inevitably, whether whether you are getting money from her or not. There's probably gonna be a lot coming out of your pocket, at least initially, to take care of her, to take care of her body, to play in the funeral, to do all this stuff. It's going to be hard to just go all right. Also, I'm moving out. Also, let's pack up, let's find a place, let's go. It just seems weird to me because this lady, I'm so glad they interviewed her, because she's out there. She's like, she needs to get out of here. Well, you're not fifty five either, and you're living here. Well that's because my mom is alive and I live with my mom as a grown ass adult. And you go, well, what that seems kind of weird. That seems a little almost hypocritical yourself pushing this out there. So he says, gas like gatekeep. I'm on her side now she is gatekeeping. Literally.
Speaker 20: You feel about the litigation and the thousand dollars you all will have to pay.
Speaker 1: No one's excited about the thousand dollars. No one.
Speaker 20: This community is now getting national attention because of this issue, and that's bringing up some mixed feelings. So how are you feeling about all the national attention it's.
Speaker 7: Been a lot.
Speaker 21: Like me as a person personally, I am.
Speaker 15: Not equipped to deal with this.
Speaker 21: But being that I have been put in a position to potentially become an advocate for caregivers, to become maybe one of the first to figure out what goes on in a situation like this, to potentially even change the laws because there are people who have reached out to lawmakers on my behalf.
Speaker 15: It's bittersweet, but it's for a good reason.
Speaker 21: Whether that is in my favor or not, this needs to be very clear for all homeowners, all fifty five plus people with caregivers.
Speaker 15: Personally, I think she should move.
Speaker 14: I think her dad did her a great honor of leaving the house to her. But I mean, this is an over fifty five community where they've chosen to be over fifty five.
Speaker 1: You're not over fifty five. What like, what's the point of an over fifty five community if you could be like a stay at home kid. This woman Just so you know, she's older than the twenty eight year old, I guarantee you. I guarantee you. The woman who's going like I think she should leave. I think she should get the hell out of here. That woman is older than the twenty eight year old. But she's like, I live with my mommy, and that means I get to stay in the neighborhood. Okay, it's crazy to me. So they're fifty five and over. It's a private community. Her dad died and now her dad, you know, left the house behind her, and she's being kicked out, and everybody in the neighborhood all what did they say, one hundred and something, one hundred and fifty five residents of one thousand dollars apiece. They're spending one hundred and fifty five thousand dollars to sue this woman. Which how much does it cost to sue somebody? Well, why is that so expensive? It's another excellent question. That is crazy. So that's what's happening there. I've also reached out to this woman. We'll see if the twenty eight year old who's staying in the fifty five plus neighborhood responds and see what her Her situation is is kind of interesting though, and I want to see what your thoughts are on that. Give us a dispatch and email all that good stuff over at the news Junkie dot com. Okay, quick break and we're back with more on the show, including the Power Hour and a pick aside. I threw another clip at Sea Lane to censor and that is that gonna be ready for the next segment or we shall see.
Speaker 3: I'd probably do it okay, cool.
Speaker 1: I think we'll be able to get into this another pick aside at the top of the hour, and this one is kind of juicy as well. It's a busy, juicy Monday. We'll continue with that because it's coming up next on The News Junkie. All the things you could want to learn about the show are available over at thenewsjunkie dot com, So go over there, send us a dispatch.
Speaker 3: This week.
Speaker 1: We're gonna probably push rate my blank into a full week thing so we can announce what it is and then we can see what your submissions are of the course of a week. And this week, I want to see your magnet collections for the News Junkie. I want to see News Junkie magnets in the best places, the most interesting locations that you've brought them. People have brought them all over the world, and we're gonna pick the best one that we see this week, and we're gonna give you a big prize. I'm gonna start these. These are gonna become weekly and we'll make them a huge prize each week. So we'll work on that in a little bit. But right now, let's dive face first into it. Let's do the Power Hours.
Speaker 3: They said, Crenk done.
Speaker 1: Then they said, I live with my mommy. It's time for the Power Hour on the News Chunky. Thank god, it wasn't that song, That's all I'm saying. Thank God, it wasn't that song I sang earlier. Oh that's that one later this week. I forgot. I forgot about it at this point. Was it a justin Bieber.
Speaker 17: Thing I was doing?
Speaker 1: Or sure sure sure that I was expecting to hear that. I'm glad that I did not big Thanks to our friend King oiler Son Stage Sean for the thirteen gifted premium subscriptions ever on the news junky dot com unlocking secret shows. Go grab yours if you want to unlock all of the features that come along with being a premium subscribe and supporter of the show. Thanks sun Stage John for the thirteen gifted subs. I want to see what you can do. Every single one helps support the show and it gives us freedom from the suits. Over here, I want you to come in with one, two, three, or maybe even just subscribe yourself over on the Neewsjunkie dot com. If you're a subscriber, it's a little two ninety nine month and it means a lot to us.
Speaker 3: So go do that over on the website.
Speaker 1: Before the show's over, the Power Hour kicks off with another Pick a Side. Oh no, it means another pick a side intro.
Speaker 6: Okay, it's time for pick a side. O.
Speaker 3: God, it was would ruin your whole voice there, feel it in sometimes something like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Here is the story a South Miami dog walking dispute escalade after a woman says, I'm going to report you. There are some sparks flying in this one, folks, there are some sparks of flying in this one. I tried, I try when I send her these not to watch them, to just do the audio and just like listen to as little of it as possible. But there is one part of this video that I wanted to listen to over and over and over again. You'll know it. You'll know it was a part for me too that at the end, I was like, oh God, Okay, Here's what happens. There's a woman who encounters some other person. The story behind this from the Daily Dot is the clip begins with the camera focused on a middle aged woman you'll hear it in just a moment, who tells the woman filming that she is part of South Miami. The woman behind the camera responds she doesn't know what that means. The woman filming then asked what the other woman is doing on her property, and she says it's not her property. So they go back and forth. Some middle aged woman and this lady that she's having it out with. Let's listen in on this. Pick a sou for what?
Speaker 4: Because you're part of Okay, I don't know what you're part of South Miami means? When I asked you, am I on your property?
Speaker 1: Do you want me to leave?
Speaker 4: Extreme?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: So what are you out here saying?
Speaker 20: Then?
Speaker 4: What are you out here bothering me for? Did I bother?
Speaker 7: You know what?
Speaker 4: You're in it?
Speaker 7: And I'm going to report you whenever you are, I am going to report you.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, where are you going to report that? Someone asked you nicely if they should leave your property? And you literally sat in your vocalize and it's not your property, so you're harassing someone for no reason. Yeah, this is harassment, lady. If this isn't your property and you're coming out here sticking.
Speaker 8: You want to put your hands on me, get the halloway. That's literally on camera. You're grabbing at me. Yeah, it's on camera. You're grabbing at me. You're grabbing my camera again, and I'll hit you again.
Speaker 1: You're just smooth. She's got her dog. She's locking her dog, and her dog is like excited that they've been fighting her. This old lady. Okay, I didn't know Mohido was a dog. When I was centering this, I thought she was calling the lady mohido and it was some sort of like South of Miami slur or something like they were using, listen, mohdo out of my way. This woman comes out to me total mohido if you know what I'm talking. Oh, that wasn't. That wasn't the part of it that I wanted to play over and over again. Do you know what it was?
Speaker 21: No?
Speaker 1: Did I not play you played it?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 1: The woman's reaction to getting hit is listen, We've got to go back and revisit this because there's a lot going on here. I don't understand what it means. She says, you're a part of this South Miami thing. I don't know what that is. I don't know if that's racist. The lady, the old lady's talking to is black. I don't know if that has anything to do with this. Literally just kind of looking at this trying to pick it apart here. But she goes in the South Miami for what?
Speaker 4: Because you're part of South Okay, I don't know what you're part of South Miami means. When I asked you, am I on your property? Do you want me to leave? Extreme? Okay? So what are you out here saying? Then? What are you out here bothering me for? Did I bother.
Speaker 7: You know what?
Speaker 3: You're in it?
Speaker 1: And I'm going to report you. All right, you're in it, and I'm gonna report you. I don't know what is this lady talking about. She doesn't sound like she's got it all together. John says, wake up, babe, new Slurg just dropped. Move Mohito, wherever you are, I am going to report you. Go ahead.
Speaker 4: What are you going to report that? Someone asked you nicely if they should leave your property? And you literally sat in your vocalize that it's not your property, so you're harassing someone for no reason. Yeah, this is harassment, lady. If this isn't your property and you're coming out here sticking swung on her, they get the hell away from me. That literally on camera.
Speaker 1: Now, I think at this point people would be like that woman just hit an old lady, but not me.
Speaker 3: You know me at this point in time.
Speaker 1: All right, you've listened to this show long enough. You know me. If an old lady comes up and starts swinging on me, I'm gonna try not to do anything.
Speaker 3: I don't want to hit an old lady. I love old ladies.
Speaker 1: They're sweet people usually, But if an old lady is intent on hitting me, it's gonna hit me over and over. Eventually I'm gonna slap the old lead. I'll say move mohito, and I'll slap that bitch.
Speaker 13: She uh.
Speaker 1: I think she grabbed at her phone like she was trying to grab her phone to stop her from recording. Yeah, and then she got smacked or maybe punched or something, and didn't I didn't hear the actual impact She's gonna make. Somebody signs about this, and man, grabbing at me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's on camera.
Speaker 8: You're grabbing at me. You grabbing my camera again, and I'll hit you again.
Speaker 1: You're just Mohedo mohdo. The dog is like at one point his legs are on the side of this old lady like he's gonna attack her. Move Mohito's gonna attack old lady. I don't know what the hell's going on. Oh, she got arrested. She got arrested. Here old ladies. Yeah, the old ladies and cuffs at the end here hilarious. So, as per usual, you know, these videos are clipped. You only get little short portions of this. But we have a pick a side here. I'm going to say, the lady who's walking her dogs, she swung on the old lady, but the old lady reached for her first yep o. The old lady escalated this, she made first contact. And for that, I am not only on the side of the person holding the camera, I am mostly on the side of Mohito. Mohito is the Mohito is the best individual involved in this at all. Snoop says, I'm on Mohito's side too. Mohito is a dog's name, does slap though, yeah it does. Yeah, yeah, she's so dramatic. Oh my god, hearing that, Like, I want to know how hard she got smacked. I want to know how hard she got hit to have this just flabbergasted response to her reaching for somebody's phone. Yeah, and then I guess, not expecting any sort of repercussion, she gets the repercussion. And she's so dramatic too, this lady, Like, what are you bothering this woman for walking her dog in your neighborhood? Who cares? Who cares? So many of these things are started with like the smallest indiscretions that people get angry about, and you gotta learned it, like a bunch of move moo, move for God's sake, Anonymous is insufficient information. I need to know what the phone holder is part of. But there's nothing she's part of it. Yeah, there's nothing that could justify the weirdness with which this woman is approaching this dog walking lady. She's walking moheedo. She's enjoying herself, I'm sure, and there's nothing that could justify her doing that. Otherwise she would have said it in the mix.
Speaker 3: But she didn't. She just said, you're.
Speaker 1: Part of this whole South Miami thing for what?
Speaker 4: Because you're part of South Okay, I don't know what you're part of South Miami means? When I asked you, am I on your property? Do you want me to leave? Extreme?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: So what are you out here saying? Then? What are you out here bothering me for? Did I bother you?
Speaker 1: You know you're in it? Why is she talking like the text to speech Italian mafia boss?
Speaker 3: Got something that sounds like you're in it?
Speaker 1: Okay, you're in it.
Speaker 7: I'm going to report you.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, wherever you are, I am going to report you.
Speaker 1: Go ahead.
Speaker 4: Where are you going to report that? Someone asked you nicely if they should leave your property and you literally sat in your vocalize and it's not your property, So you're harassing someone for no reason. Yeah, this is harassment lady, if this isn't your property and you're coming out here.
Speaker 8: Sticking boh, put your hand, get the hell away from me. That literally on camera you're grabbing at me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's on camera.
Speaker 8: You're grabbing at me, grabbing my camera again.
Speaker 4: And I'll hit you again.
Speaker 1: You're just move oh so great. And and the more you watch it, the more you like notice little things like right before she goes to grab for the phone. I don't know if she's working out that she's deciding to grab the phone, but she does like a weird thing with her finger. Yeah, she's like she's she's trying to like almost coax herself into grabbing the phone, which starts the whole thing. But you grabbing my phone, you start grabbing me, you start swatting around. I don't be surprised if you get swatted back. Lady. Yeah, well, I'm not going to deck an old lady. I'll be real with you. I'm not gonna just swing and deck an old lady. Hilarious. I'll duck yeah, yeah, I'll duck back and I'll popper if I need to. What you know, somebody says that lady sounds like taking. I will find you and I will report you, no matter where you are here. I don't know what started this. I don't know if it's uh Latina on on black on whatever violence. I don't know what's going on. But instant karma is Mohitos moving to the neighborhood. There go, there go, move Mohito. That was my favorite part of that all thing. Move Mohido.
Speaker 3: Let us know what you think.
Speaker 1: Send your dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com right now. Okay, as I said, big thanks to sun State John for those gifted subscriptions. I think there might be one or two left that can check, but you can go claim those over on the website, which is the Newsjunkie dot com. There are five left. Go claim yours while you can. They are available over on the news Junkie dot com. And it's a great way to support the show. Fight the suits. Click the button, give something, and then claim something because you can get magnets, stickers and all that stuff. More of speaking of your magnets, more of our rate my blank which is your magnets on display, either your collections at home or you having them different places. Just for the record, you still got all week for this, so if you want to just take your magnet somewhere really interesting and jump to the top of the list, you might be able to do that tomorrow the next air, God knows when, but we want to get to your feedback, so we'll work in some of those reactions when we return. We also have a mother who says she found a man underneath her daughter's bed and so she attacked him. But there's more to the story. So we're going to dive into this and see what's going on. That's coming up next on the News Junkie. Rate my Blank is a challenge we issue each week and then you can send in a dispatch.
Speaker 3: Go let me show you here.
Speaker 1: I'm just going on my laptop to thenewsjunkie dot com. When I'm on the website, I go over to dispatches and there's plus image that meaning I can add an image dispatch and I send one in as related to that particular Rate my Blank. It is nice and easy to do, and then we look through them all, which we'll do here in just a second.
Speaker 3: You could do it yourself too.
Speaker 1: If you click dispatches over on the website, you can see what other people have submitted, or at least some of them, and I want you to when you go over to the website, give me a game of magnets photo in the best location.
Speaker 3: That's what we're looking for.
Speaker 1: You could show us your collection if you want, but really I'm looking for a news Junkie magnet in the best, most interesting location you could possibly think of, and people will look at these throughout the week with us, and we'll vote on what the best one is, et cetera, et cetera. Eventually we'll have like a voting mechanism for this. Helen and I've already talked about that previously. But yeah, there you go, you can do that. That's a rate. My blank for this week is a rate my magnet and I want it in an interesting location or something like that for this week, or you know, with an interesting person. Could be yeah, yeah, it could be that. We've we've got a surprise guest on the show potentially tomorrow at some point in time.
Speaker 3: We'll see how that goes.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be unlocking for the first time, maybe on Wednesday. I'm thinking unlocking our new toll free phone lines to give those a test and see how that goes.
Speaker 3: It's just there's a lot of interesting twist and turns.
Speaker 1: We'll see if we get anything on this neighborhood drama thing that we stirred up earlier. I can't wait for that now. That post, by the way, is trending on next door, the one that we were talking about with the neighbors who absolutely hate each other with some vis signs. Well, one side has the signs. The other side is just like, please help me. This person's crazy, but I don't know. I mean, a dream would be that we hear from her, the woman that this neighbor is targeting with all these signs. I want to hear from the neighbor and then hear from him afterwards. The bottom line is, even if we don't hear from any of them, which hopefully we do this week, we'll probably be able to locate the lawsuit and get some more drama out of it that way, so we will have some interesting updates for you as the week rolls on. Okay, let's see what we got. This Tennessee mother is in some trouble. This woman, I guess, is this the story here? This woman shot somebody who snuck into her daughter's bedroom. But the police are investigating this right now, and somebody sent along this story. Let's see what's going on. Action five News has.
Speaker 11: This Scott is doing court tomorrow and names Kendrick Scott. Man was killed in a shooting in the Walker Homes neighborhood early Thursday morning. Office called to the three thousand block of Travis Road around one forty five in the morning. They found a man in the front yard with a gunshot wound to the back of the head. He was pronounced dead on scene. We talked with neighbors there police.
Speaker 13: Yeah, so the police got out the car real fast, started running up to her and told her to put her hands on her back. She was trying to talk. Now they you know, putting her in the car. Now they you know, putting a yellow tape around. And I was like, somebody right.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry that it had to come to that, but I would feel bad if I come home and somebody will hear with my little girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 11: Thirty six year old Kendrew Scott, no relation to the company, has been charged and arrested with first degree murder and employing a firearm.
Speaker 3: Their combination of a dancer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was wonderf they're going to say that Kendra Scott is a woman who has a big jewelry company. A lot of ladies will recognize that name, Kendra Scott. I would have to buy my wife jew to know that you might have to soon get some Kendrick Scott action. And I when I hear the name, I think the same thing. But I was wondering if they were going to make mention of that. They said, Mom, they sell it at Target. Well, she probably already has something they sell it at. I saw it at Disney Springs. I think she has a store. A mom at Tennessee was arrested for murder when officers found a man dead on her front lawn after she claims she caught him hiding under her daughter's bed.
Speaker 3: This is the update.
Speaker 1: Kendrick Scott, thirty six, was taken in to custody by Memphis police after officers responded to her home just before two am. Police made the grim discovery of a twenty year old man unresponsive with a gunshot wounded the back of the head on Scott's front porch. Scott allegedly told officers at the scene that she saw a dude under my kid's bed, and I did what I had to do, all right.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 1: Scott's daughter, who has not been named due to age, identified the victim as a man named as Roderius Morton. She told police that she invited Morton to the home and he came in through the back door at one hour. So we don't know how young this daughter is, but we know that the daughter is under agent because they're not naming her in the story. But she invited him over and then she yeah, hid under the bed and then mom shot him, so she's question mark age. The daughter is. She invites the twenty year old man over, and the twenty year old man comes over at one am. About twenty minutes later, her mother comes and knocks loudly on the door and says, who's at my house. The girl told police she was scared because Scott had a gun and previously threatened that if a boy was in the house she would put a hole in his ass. This is the mom, So she said she was scared because her mom had a gun and previously threatened if a boy was in the house, she put a hole in his ass. Kendrick Scott, thirty six, has been charged with first degree murdered possession of a firearm during a felony for allegedly killing a man after finding him under her teen daughter's bedroom or under the bed, I guess, she said. When she led her mother into the room, Scott allegedly caught mor Than hiding under the bed and collecting his belongings before leaving to go home. That Scott told Morton to get out of my house. Bitch, and she heard one gun shot and when the two went out on the front porch. So it's interesting here because if she shot this twenty year old man in her daughter's bedroom under the bed, she might be in a better position. Yeah. The back of the head thing, for me is what makes it sound like she might not be in such a great position for this. When you hear back of the head, typically in the news they use the term execution style.
Speaker 3: Yes, I was just thinking that.
Speaker 1: So like, and they used to hear it all the time, and like, these really serious violent crimes are like, you know, some lady was killed, some man was killed execution style in the front yard. Yeah, like if he was able to make it out or if there's some other way, because this is nothing like the dude in the in the young kid like that eighteen year old kid in Daytona or something. Who where the dad of the young fourteen year old thirteen fourteen year old boy just beat the pulp out of his face. Yeah, and they pretty much said, well, what he wants to do about it? It seems like you took care of the situation and we're done here. Yeah, I wanted to know. I think we're done here. You know what I was gonna say, Celine, I want to know how young the daughter is, But how much of a factor is that legally? None Higgins on YouTube, saying the daughter is thirteen years old. I'm looking under she just appeared in court. I'm looking at some of the newest headlines on this. Okay, hold on, I take that back, because there is aren't there some like Romeo and Juliette Laws where if this daughter was seventeen, I don't know. I still think twenty might be a little too too much of a gap for that.
Speaker 3: The daughter's thirteen.
Speaker 1: The person was correct on that, Yeah, yeah, but the thirteen year old called the twenty year old over. So the twenty year old could be like, hey, maybe this is not an appropriate relationship, maybe I'm not supposed to be having sex with her or whatever, but she invited me into the house at one am. Okay, here's another question. So the thirteen year old, we know, legally cannot give legal consent to have the twenty relations with the.
Speaker 3: Twenty year old, right right, right, right right.
Speaker 1: However, can the thirteen year old legally invite a twenty year old over to her house? I think she can and if she can, that's a big game changer. However, the mom might go, I didn't know who this person was. There's a man under my teenage daughter's bet. But that was your opportunity. That was your opportunity to be like, whoa hold on, you know, and shoot there. Maybe once the kid is grabbing all of his stuff and scurrying out of the house and on the front porch, and you shoot him in the back of the head, it looks like like.
Speaker 3: You've murdered this person.
Speaker 1: They found the body on the front porch. Yeah, that's what they said. Not good for the mother. Not good. John disagrees. John says the mother did nothing wrong. The story from People says the mother in Tennessee has been charged of first degree murder. Officers responded to a shooting in Memphis, Tennessee about one forty am. They found this guy in the front yard. Police then spoke to the resident. She said she saw a dude under her kid's bed. I did what I needed to do. It confirms that the daughter was thirteen years old. Let me see if there's anything else in this other report on this that we're all caught up on the story. This is another report from WREG about this same case. Let's see what they said.
Speaker 22: Tonight's Prime Alert. A local mother is charged with shooting and killing a man who was found hiding under her challeng's bed only yesterday morning. Wrig's Kaitlin Barker is live in the neighborhood where the shooting took place with the latest on what happened.
Speaker 15: Caitlin, Good afternoon, Stephanie.
Speaker 23: This shooting took place here at around one forty am, and it happened at this home right across from me on Travis h.
Speaker 1: It's kind of a rough looking neighborhood here, and I don't know if this is a duplex. I think it's a duplex because I'm seeing two different addresses on the side of this house.
Speaker 3: So it's a duplex, is what it looks like.
Speaker 1: And the daughter who is thirteen, invited over a twenty year old at almost two o'clock in the morning. Twenty year old comes over. Mom knocks on the door, goes what's going on in there. Mom kicks into the room and she looks under the bench. She sees this twenty year old in her thirteen year old daughter's room and she's got a gun. Thirteen year old goes, I was scared because mom said if she found anybody like this in my room, she might shoot him. Mom chases him out and then somewhere around the front yard they have an interaction to the mom kills me.
Speaker 23: Now, this all happened after a mother found a man in her house. She says he was hiding under a child's bed. When police arrived, they found the man dead near the front porch. Now, the woman, thirty six year old Kindra Scott, now faces multiple charges, including first degree murder and employment of a farm.
Speaker 15: During the commission of a dangerous felony.
Speaker 23: The man who was shot has now been identified as Rdarius Morton.
Speaker 15: According to police, Morton.
Speaker 23: Was invited by a child to the home and came in through the back door at one am.
Speaker 15: The arrest affidavit says.
Speaker 1: There is something to that, like, if you're being invited by a thirteen year old girl into her house at one am in the back door, you know you're doing something wrong. Correct, doesn't mean you should be shot. Doesn't mean you should be shot, but you know that you're sneaking around and doing something wrong with a teenager with a thirteen year old girl barely a teen.
Speaker 23: Kendrascott came home. She was heard banging on the front door and yelling, who's at my house? Once the child opened the door, Morton was found hiding under the child's bed. As Morton was leaving the house, both Scott and Morton went out to the front porch, and that's when the juvenile says she heard a gun shot. Morton was found shot in the back of the head. Now, I spoke with one neighbor who says he feels bad for everyone involved.
Speaker 3: So and the boy family sends to steal I'm walking away.
Speaker 1: And I.
Speaker 3: Couldn't really hear what he said, but she should shot.
Speaker 1: I don't know exactly what he said was something like that, what do you guys think? None of this sounds good for the mother here, it says. The teen eventually let her mother inside, where Scott allegedly found Morton hiding under her bed. Get out of my house, bitch, she allegedly screamed, and followed Morton out the front door he was leaving. Yeah, so that sounds like but a lot of you are gonna be like, Nope, don't be in the house.
Speaker 3: This is here.
Speaker 1: Somebody says, if you're an adult chasing thirteen year old skirts. I hope you get shot. Yeah, well do you think? Folks let us know YouTube Twitch, send your dispatches and emails on the way out, because when we come back, we're doing the final disc patches stories that didn't make the cut, and today learned to wrap everything up for a Monday that.
Speaker 3: Is coming up next on the news Junkie.
Speaker 1: Right now, let's wrap everything up as we scoot on out of here.
Speaker 3: Let's see what we have to do.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we have been kind of on time today, which is surprising. Number One, you feel all right, I don't know what's going on here. We also have a surprising amount of time to wrap things up.
Speaker 3: Let's see what have we missed.
Speaker 1: Jd Vance announced that he and his wife's second Ladysha Vance or Usher Vance, gave birth to the couple's fourth child. That's pretty rare that a vice president has a child while in office. They have a new son named Alec Neo Vance Neil Vance was born this weekend. Uh. There was a moments a blooper from ABC, This says ABC, where there was somebody yelling at their dog on TV during an interview.
Speaker 24: List, is that your decision to defect to one nation is dragging you further?
Speaker 1: If this guy says, move, mohdo, I'm checking out for the.
Speaker 24: Week to a place of intolerance and racial discrimination. You're defending your leader, but are you really comfortable with where she is taking you?
Speaker 1: What I think?
Speaker 3: Sorry, it's a dog?
Speaker 1: Like how he specified that too? He I thought he was gonna say sit down. No, he he went for it. He screamed at that dog into.
Speaker 24: A place of intolerance and racial.
Speaker 1: By the way, they're asking him if his party is like being too racist or something. I don't know what's going on here right Like, I don't know what's happening on, if this guy's cool or racist or based or whatever, but I know that they're asking about something like is this where your party should go? It's racism, lumination.
Speaker 24: You're defending your leader, but are you really comfortable with where she is taking you?
Speaker 1: What I think? Sorry, it's a dog. So strange man? Oh all right, there he goes yelling as a dog. I wonder did that dog immediately heal when this Barnaby Joyce person screamed at them live on camera. New York School District is the first in the United States to introduce a humanoid robot in the classroom. Sally will have a Western New York accent, and we'll teach eleventh and twelfth grade students at Salamanca High School. Sally costs less than the average teacher salary in New York, with a price sec of fifty seven thousand dollars. Is this Sally? Here?
Speaker 5: Do I make emotional connections by learning your preferences, remembering past conversations with custom.
Speaker 1: Memory the garbage robot.
Speaker 21: And responding in ways that feel personal and consistent over time.
Speaker 1: Bro, the photograph of the robot teacher in the classroom with the real kids is dystopian as hell. This is what's that robo teacher? Although the kids don't know how to read, so maybe the robot will do better. I don't know what to think about this whole thing. This can't possibly be good, though it can't. One of those kids just drop kicks that robot and then it's the kids classroom. Now I'm the captain. Now moment it could be the case, and all right, I want to make sure because somebody just complained about this. I get some final dispatches, and this woman is the drunkest person of the weekend, Panama City.
Speaker 18: Your driver's license, please?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: Oh god, she.
Speaker 18: Peed in, but we can figure that out later.
Speaker 1: They let her hit the fad. Sorry a couple of whoa, you.
Speaker 18: Try not to wave your head.
Speaker 1: Oh you are not beating the charges.
Speaker 18: Put your left foot on the line for me. Place the right heel, please excuse me. Put your right heel against the toe of your left foot.
Speaker 1: Why even do this? Yeah, I mean, why do you didn't do the field sobriety exercises with this woman. I have a visual breathalyzer and it is pinging right now. It is really really I wonder if there's some situation in which it would be unsafe to deliver field sobriety exercises or to administer them to a person who clearly cannot walk. If there was a situation, this would be it that you're looking at.
Speaker 3: I think you're right about that ceiling.
Speaker 1: Those are the final DISI probably only tail live we go. There were so many dispatches that came in. Keep them coming in rate. My blank now goes throughout the week. I said, show us the best place you've got a magnet, or show us your magnet collection. This is somebody with some news junkie magnets on the back of their motorbike. Here, very very nice. This is somebody with magnets actually on themselves. All right, it's one way to do it. Uh, this is my show us your blank all right.
Speaker 15: Hey and your junkies.
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 19: So with my nice magnets on the inside, and I keep my older magnets that I'm ready to lose and also.
Speaker 5: Utilize from my best best abilities.
Speaker 1: All right, Oh magnets around Oh okay?
Speaker 7: Oh wow, heay's pretty bad. I got a mow one up there.
Speaker 15: Just in case.
Speaker 7: Magnets all over the place.
Speaker 1: She's got news joking magnets covering up every ding on her car, which is that's a move all wonder, there's so many dings, I don't know. That might be a red flag though, Shark Bay, thank you for that. That's a good one. That's a good one. We're gonna keep our eyes on this. We're also going to implement some voting because if we do these rate my blanks throughout the week, we want to make it so everybody can vote and participate. It's I'll work on that a little bit today. All right, Let's get the hell out of here, let's do today.
Speaker 11: I learn the following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ, So don't get cocky.
Speaker 1: What we call today today I learned for a Monday, July twentieth, twenty twenty six. How's this for an invention that didn't catch on? In eighteen eighty two, James Alexander Williams patented a mouse trap. At that time, the mouse trap killed the animal by firing off a pistol. It noted it could also be used to kill any person or thing opening the door or window. It was attached to gunpowered mouse trap. Well, the gunpowered mouse trap did not catch on in one way. To the picture of the drawing from the patent is hilarious. It's a little bit overkill. And today learned this lady right here some shakira right say it twice? The Shakira lady from the World Cup halftime show was rejected from her school choir because the teacher thought she sounded like a goat. Look at her now, teacher, huh, look at her now? She think you so sounds like a goat. We appreciate you hanging out with us. She might have been right about that, very talented goat. We're back tomorrow, same time, same place. Listen to the show, get the podcast OVERTHEWS junkie dot com. We'll see you tomorrow, everybody else.
Speaker 18: I never really knew that she could danced like this. She make up the head when its spending. She course your money
Speaker 10: Because Shakira, oh baby, when you talk, you made the woman come