Speaker 1: All here we go. It's Eddie and Rocky Show. Eddie's out today. I'm alongside Donna. D Donna, how are you? I am so good? It's a great sports weekend, Donna, oh man. I mean tonight we got the Crosstown shootout, we got the Saint Xavier Bombers try to go for the state title, and then tomorrow there's many championship games Ohio State Indiana is the big one. Of course, Bengals game on Sunday, so let's dive right into it with our normal Friday guests at this time, the one the only Richard Skinner, Skinny, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great? It is a great sports weekend. I mean, honestly, kind kind of starry last night with Anderson playing in the state championship game. I mean, you got it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I watched that game. By the way. That Avon team is just really really good, you know, and I.
Speaker 2: Want yeah, I watched it too. I mean it's like they couldn't get a stop and it wasn't of Anderson stinks. I mean their defense, while a lot of stuff about their offense, their defense was really good. Was just that good?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, they were good and they got out to that big lead early and it was tough, but I was proud of Anderson. I thought that was a great team and a little short, but they'll probably be back next year, so we shall see. I guess let let's start with a crosstown shootout here tonight. And I mean the big stat that sticks out to everyone is you see is not one at the Centas Center since two thousand and one. And we talked to Terry Nelson yesterday about that. What's the deal? And he said it does kind of get in guys heads a little bit. What's your thought on this matchup as you see it here tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if he gets in these guys' heads because they haven't been a part of this, most of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I do think he gets in west Miller's head though, because you know, the loft Eastern Michigan has put him clearly on the hot spot. And now you have to go beat your rival on the road who you haven't beaten on the road as a head coach, right or wrong, you probably coached differently. I use analogia on my podcast today. I can still remember Marvin Lewis during Steelers week saying this is not this is like any other week. No, it wasn't. Man, you never coached like that during that week. I mean, you could have driven a spike up his rear end he's being so tight. I mean, you really could have. And and so I do think I do think guys coach differently when there's a pressure on you. And that's where I think tonight, that's the that's the one difference. I think you see has a better roster. I think you see has better players. But right now that the old adage of the trend is your friend. The trend for Xavier is they're trending up where the trends that you see is a kind of trending downward. And with a coach who is kind of on the hot seat in a spot where he can't handle the heat, I think it's a fascinating If it's one of the it's always a fascinating ride. But I love rivalry games. I love the fact that we have one of the best rivalries in college basketball in our city. And I love the fact the way the fans embrace it like there's legitimate hate right or Cincinnati or Northern I'm in North Kentucky, but North Kentucky is right, and we all kind of bond together because we love this area. Except when something like this happens, then one side hits the other and it's kind of cool.
Speaker 1: I agree, And I guess point number one is yes, Wes Miller on the hot seat, not having a great year of a boy. If there's ever a way to get off it, it is to win this game tonight. Right, that could just totally change his fortune. Is the team and everything?
Speaker 2: No, Right, you know they don't have a ton of swings at the acts with big opponents.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure that.
Speaker 2: I mean not going to be probably a resume building win for Yuzka. Zager's probably not gonna win a ton of games, especially when they get in the Big East Conference. But I just think, just for a sheer, take a deep breath for a moment. Okay, the Eastern Michigan loss is ugly, it's bad, but you kind of bounce back from that with a win over your rival. You got a couple more swings at decent competition before you get into the big twelve play And I do think it. I think this would literally be I don't remember the Herb Brooks moment in the movie Miracle where Miracle on ice when they won, and he goes behind, he goes like underneath the stands and literally leans against the wall, and it was like somebody pulled a pin and every amount of pressure just let out of his body. I could see West Miller do that guy tonight if he wins the game.
Speaker 1: I agree. You make a good point about how you know the rivalry there's no And I said this yesterday. I had a college coach, a very good college coach, tell me one of the problems with football today in this case, or is in general sports, is there's not the hatred there. And that's because these kids aren't at places long enough to build that up. But there's only one guy of either u See or Zavier that's played in a crosstown shootout before, right, I mean, do you think that's a greater, like a potential huge problem with some of these rivalries that we all get into. But the players don't hate the other team as much as the fans hate the other team.
Speaker 2: Right to some degree, yes, But because the fans have such the disdain for each other, that rivalry is always there. But I mean I can't remember you know when, And again this is going to sound like the old guy yell at clouds, and I don't want to be that guy. But you know, when you had three and four year players, they would play not only against each other, they play against each other in pickup games. They play against each other in the old Devereux Summer League. And so that always kind of built over time, Like you know, you're a freshman class, we're never gonna lose.
Speaker 3: The zavier, and that built up over time.
Speaker 2: Now it's guys coming in and going, yeah, I know, where are they located?
Speaker 4: Yea.
Speaker 2: So my friend, my friend Tom Gamble said to me this morning, and I think he said this on another radio station today. He said, if you gave players on each team, he said, go find the other campus without getting a map on your phone. Do you think either a male of kids could find the other campus. I'm like, no, probably not.
Speaker 1: That's a good point.
Speaker 2: I think that's I think it's kind of where we are today.
Speaker 4: So it's great that you know Joe Burrow killed it on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 5: What a great game.
Speaker 4: We haven't seen the Bengals plays feels like forever now.
Speaker 5: Because we haven't seen them.
Speaker 4: On Sunday, they're playing the Bills and Joe Burrow has a pretty good record against Josh Allen.
Speaker 5: What do you think about that game, Richard?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean Buffalo has been weirdly inconsistent, like they played great one week, bad, the next week great, one week bad, the next week. Well, they played great in Pittsburgh this past weekend. And some of that's because Pittsburgh feels like it's falling apart and crumbling. But because of that inconsistency, and Josh Allen has been a little turnover prone and they've gotten you know, teams have gotten to him sackwise. Yeah, I think there's some truth to that. I mean, Joe Burrows great in December, he's great in cold weather, he's great against the Bills. He's he's won, he won a big playoff game in Buffalo. Uh, and you know he feels good. You know, I was really interested to hear when we talked to him on Wednesday, you know, kind of how he felt, because we asked Zach Taylor on Friday, the day after the game. You know, how does Joe feel? You know, you, as Rock, you knows you can get to a game with whatever pain medication you have and a trenone and all that stuff. Then the next day it's like, oh, brother, and that game. I think he gave an honest hans because I really haven't seen him, but I don't know. And so when we talked to Joel, Lenday said, I feel great, but feels great. Toe feels great, and I believe that. I mean, watching him play on Thursday, he looked he had rushed. I mean the first half, clearly he missed four or five throws, but I guess that's not total related. I just think that's rust related. And then he shook the rust off and he was nine to fourteen in the second half through two really nice balls on touchdown passes. And that's the Joe Burrier hoping for. And I think it's not just Joe being back and being Joe Burrow. It's the fact that defense has actually played pretty good the last three weeks and probably played arguably it's best game against Baltimore. Do I think it's turning a corner.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's a small sample size, but they are playing better. They're utilizing the blitz more often. You know, some young guys are starting to get more time on task. I know a couple of us wrote a story on Miles Murphy this week. The twenty twenty three first round draft picked the sensive end who was just, honestly and I'm miittiging a disaster for two and a half years, and then the last three weeks suddenly he's turned into a capable defensive end in this league. He's got fourteen quarterback pressures. He kicked the Lamar Jackson pass in that Thursday night game that Demetrius Night intercepted. He had six pressures against the Steelers, six or eight pressus against the Steelers, played really well against New England, had a sack again. I don't know if he's turn the court, but at least he's showing some signs of life. And I think as much as as Burrow being back, the defense having some success. You're the last three games and you got to take away some defensive touchdowns at Pittsburgh scored and New England scored. The defense itself give up twenty points to Pittsburgh, nineteen points in New England, fourteen points to Baltimore. If you get Joe Burrow and now a healthy T Higgins who's going to play this weekend with Jamar Chase, if you give up twenty points or less. Joe Burrow isn't losing many games, He's just not agreed.
Speaker 1: And to Miles Murphy, yes, playing better. And I've often found that, you know, sometimes it just takes doing it right, Like you think you can do it, but then it hasn't happened. But then you go do it, you can now all of a sudden something in your mind triggers where it kind of clears the deck and Okay, I can do this moving forward. Do you think the fact that I mean Trey Henderson at this point is all but an afterthought? Is that helping Miles Murray, that Miles Murphy that you know that Trey Hendrickson is like no longer part of the picture anymore?
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, one hundred percent. I asked him that, like, you know, is it is it more you're just getting consistent reps? And he said, you know, it's one thing to talk and watch film in a dim room and feel like I know it. It's another thing to just go out there and do it and then do it again, and then do it again and then do it again. And I do think that that's again the time on task of finally getting some consistent reps, and I'm not here to tell he deserved consistent reps.
Speaker 1: This is kind of by.
Speaker 2: Default because Tray's out. But once he got consistent reps, it's okay. I'm seeing it now. I know that you know what. I'm not coming out after two plays, right, I feel like I'm about to get into a rhythm and I'm going to show this tackle my next move because I didn't get to my next move. I only got to my one move and I get a chance to show a different move. I do think there's there's some truth to that, and I understand again why he didn't get those reps or didn't get those snaps on a consistent basis. But now that by the fault he's gotten them, I think it's helped him a ton.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 4: I was just gonna ask Richard, listen, this is a really big game for the Bengals. I feel like they have to win this. What happens if they lose to the Bills on Sunday, believe it or not, they still have a chance to play.
Speaker 1: I can't believe, but yes, I.
Speaker 2: Wrote this. I wrote a story about this on Sunday that literally, if they win out, they probably will make the playoffs at nine and eight, because you will give Baltimore a seventh loss. Baltimore and Pittsburgh played twice each. You know somebody's losing at least one of those games, if not two of those games. Baltimore still has to play. I'm doing this off the top of my head. I always get this confused. Baltimore still believe has to play the Patriots and at the Packers or might be vice versa. And yeah, the Steelers will have to play at the Lions and at the Browns. And at the Browns is not going to be easy for a Pittsburgh offense. It isn't very good. So you can see them getting to at least eight, possibly nine losses. If the Bengals go eight and nine with a win over Baltimore and a win over Cleveland, if they lose to Buffalo, they'll have a five and one division record and they'll hold all the tiebreakers in the division with that five one division records, so eight and nine could get them in. So this is not a must win. I will say this, This is a win. This is a needed win because a it kind of reinforces Burrows back defense playing better. We're gonna get on a roll like we did last year. And I also think just from a variable standpoint, it avoids the fact that if you do lose this game, you need a lot of help and you just can't always count on that. You may think you'll get it, and you're hoping you'll get it, and maybe the other team showed it that they can beat them and get it, but you don't want to have to count on that. Again, I think they went out at nine and eight. I think they get at least again. That would give the Ravens a seventh loss. The Ravens are losing at least one other game other than that to eight. You go to nine and eight, Pitchborg's at least losing eight. You're getting in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and for what it's worth, and again a small sample size, my eyes tell me the Bengals are the best team in the AFC North right now? Right, I mean, you know, in terms of who would you rather not play of the AFC North teams, if you're an opponent, you'd say the Bengals. Right now, I think no, no, no doubt.
Speaker 2: And again that can change with Lamar Jackson's health. I don't think Lamar's right. I think we saw that on Thursday night the Thanksgiving that game, he just did not look right. And a lot revolves around Lamar. I mean, he's a big part of what they do. It's not a great Baltimore defense to you that can carry them. It's good enough. And they had the five game winning streak, but go look back at the quarterbacks they played in that five game winning streak. No knock. I mean, schedules all shape up differently, but yeah, they're no juggernaut, and honestly, Pittsburgh just looks an absolute mess at the moment. Now, Mike Tom's a genius that find out the ways they have winning records. But even if he goes to nine and eight, when the Bengals go to nine and eight, they split, the Bengals would go five and one in the division. The Bengals would have the tiebreaker.
Speaker 1: Well, skin Out, I want you to enjoy the games tonight and then tomorrow around eleven fifty, I want you to lay down the couch with a glass of bourbon, and I want you to come off that couch to about I don't know, ten pm Sunday, All right, does that sound good?
Speaker 2: So Rocky, that is my witness. That's probably what's gonna happen? What are you doing on Saturday? And I literally I went, I don't know. What are you know? She's well and she said, my oldest daughter and we're going to the theater and going to dinner late after they go. Good enough, I'll watch it all Street.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, I'm good.
Speaker 5: I got everything at home.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, Skin, enjoy the games, brother, I early appreciate you today and thanks so much. I have a good guys, stick h Richard Skinner and Local twelve. It is a great weekend for sports if that's your thing.
Speaker 4: We got a healthy Joe Burrow. And you know, even if they don't win, they still have a chance.
Speaker 5: Very chance.
Speaker 1: It's unbelievable. All right, let's check some trafficking weather. How are you looking.
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 6: From the UC Health Traffic Center, you see Health's weight Law center, offer surgical, the am medical tob City Caaren expertise called five win three nine three nine twenty two sixty three nine three nine twenty two sixty three seventy four east after north ben good news accident clearing out of the way, so all lanes are back open here we do have seventy five sowing northbound Norwood lateral to town. It's a crash that has life lane taken up. We're seeing heavy traffic to Mitchell, about a twelve minutes slowdown. Southbound seventy five with the road work between Ronald Reagan Highway and Norwood, Ladol has about a five minute to slow down through that area. We're seeing traffic sewing back to Cooper and on two seventy five the Combes Hill Bridge. The warcare on the bridge on the west boundings. It's going to continue through the end of the year, so watch for slowdowns here. My RIX revenues Radio seven hundred double D while W and.
Speaker 1: The forecast stay mostly cloudy tonight. You're seven thirty pm tip off at the Sintas Center. Weather mostly cloudy. In twenty eight or seven thirty kickoff in Canton for the state title game, partly cloudy in twenty one degrees go bombers, and then tomorrow another Jerry Day, temps still below early December averages a high thirty seven. Right now it is thirty two News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: This report is sponsored by Chumbacasino dot Com.
Speaker 1: Hey' is Ryan Seacrest here, and I have discovered a fun to escape from the daily grind.
Speaker 5: Chum Buck casino, Chumback Casino.
Speaker 7: Rapid Radios you in control, No monthly fees, just reliable communication between you and the people who matter most in your life. When powers out and panic sets in, push a button and you're instantly connected. Rabbit Radios built for the unexpected, ready for anything, because staying in touch should not depend upon luck. How lucky are you? Visit Rapid Radios dot com Communication Rida Fine Mercedes Benz of Ford Mitchell dot com.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome back, Rocky alongside Donna Dee and coming up here. Uh what about I don't know. Eight ten minutes we're gonna talk to John mattter Reese. And one of the topics Donald that John wants to discuss is that should you use AI to find a gift for your wife? Now, we had a guest, I think it was yesterday, you know, talking about that. You know, that's kind of the big trend is you know you ask AI to you know, I my wife, she likes horses and and this, and she's such and such years old, and boom, it just tells you the perfect gifts. Yeah, And I don't know how you feel about it, But I'm like, can we do anything ourselves anymore? Seriously? Like we use AI for I don't use it a lot, but I know, I know people use AI for a lot of things.
Speaker 4: But what's your thoughts? Well, I actually agree with you on this, Rockey. We don't agree on everything, but I do. It's like, where is the huge there? AI can do quite a few things, but there's no emotion in AI.
Speaker 5: No human humans.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna bet on humans every time.
Speaker 4: I know people are all in on AI and you can make so much money and you're gonna do this and people are already missing the human interaction. There you are, So I'm putting my money on human interaction. I feel like there's gonna be a certain surge in AI, especially maybe not so much in twenty twenty six, but twenty seven and beyond. And these robots are pretty scared and they're so human like, but people are going to miss that human the flaws of humans, the the compassion, the the sarcasm.
Speaker 1: The robots don't have that. AI doesn't have that. So when you go analytical boom right right, wrong?
Speaker 4: Yes, No, what makes sense for a Christmas gift for your wife? If she's a horse lover. Fine, give you ten ideas, but what if it's something that you thought about that only you know about.
Speaker 1: We'll always say the thought that counts, which maybe it's not. Maybe people just like a good gift, but it's like, you know, you give that gift to my wife, just oh that was how thoughtful. And it's like, well, I didn't think of it the computer exactly. You thank the computer because I did absolutely nothing right. But yeah, I just I keep hearing that a guy is going to make our lives easier, and I believe that it will. But it's like, at what point is it a total crutch? At what point are we We're gonna miss like critical thinking if you don't, if you don't use your brain, it just it goes away. Right, So if you don't have that moment where you're like, let me think, can me, you know, think for a few minutes, what's she like? Just those that going through that process, and then other times you don't go through that process, does it add up to the fact that, I mean, and no one's gonna be able to say or think or come up with anything without reaching for their phone and going, well, what do I think about?
Speaker 4: This right and sitting still and being bored for a second. Where is the birthplace of creativity and focus? You literally have to be bored for a second and close your eyes and just be and breathe and think.
Speaker 5: Yes, there is a time to think.
Speaker 1: Amen. Amen, All right, we will talk with John manteris here next. But now let's check some trafficking weather. How are we looking.
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 6: From the U see Health Traffic Center, you see Health's Weight Law Center. All for so Sergi Coment Medical Obesity careen Expertise Call five one three nine three nine twenty two sixty three ninth nine two sixty three two seventy five west bound at seventy five accident. Two right lanes are blocked and delays back to Mossteller. Now we have a seventy five north bound between Nordwood Lateral and Town with an accident that is still being cleaned up. It's off in the left hand side. Left lane is affected and delays back to Mitchell. So it's about a fifteen minute delay. Two seventy five east bounded seventy five accidents on their shoulder and seventy one is going north bound from Dana to Ronald reag and Cross County Highway, about a ten minute trip. Now we do have the construction delays on seventy five southbound Ronald Reagan Highway to Norwood Lateral.
Speaker 1: It's about a.
Speaker 6: Half hour slowdown. Now my Bricks Rep News Radio seven hundred double d WELLW in the.
Speaker 1: Forecast staying mostly cloudy tonight. You're seven thirty pm tip off at the SINAS Center. Weather mostly cloudy in twenty eight or seven thirty kickoff in Canton for the state title game. Partly cloudy in twenty one degrees, Go Bombers. And then tomorrow another jury day, temps still below Early December averages a high thirty seven. Right now it is thirty there's Radio seven hundred WLW. This report is sponsored by Servati Cincinnati, Chris Kindlemarket at the more Line lagger House Experience.
Speaker 8: WELW also available on ninety four five FMW two three three BG, Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: All Right, it is Friday, and is that time to check in with our good friend John Mattareese. Don't waste your money and John Don and I were talking about this but before we joined with you here about the amount of folks using AI to find a gift for your wife. Can I find a good gift for my wife John using AI where I've used any brain power at all?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rock, you can, you really can. And it's quite amazing because you know, that's one of the toughest things to get is a gift for your spouse. So that's your wife or your husband, and you're like, okay, you know I can buy them a sweater. I can buy you know, it's just you don't know what to get for them. So if you have AI on your phone, check it out on your laptop, get into ROCK or chat GPT or Google Gemini and say hi, I'm looking for a gift for my wife, a perfect, unique gift for my wife. And they'll say, tell me some more about your wife and say, well, she's you know, five foot four whatever, you know, one hundred and twenty pounds, she likes playing pickleball, she likes horses, I mean, she loves dolls. You put in as much as you can about her and it'll come back with like ten really cool gifts and it'll say, we'll ask your price point. You say, I want to spend about hundred bucks. In my case, you want to spend what five dollars? But it comes back with a whole bunch of suggestions and says, you can find this at Cole's. You can find this at Macy's. I mean it's it's really really.
Speaker 4: Cool, John, I just chat gpted the top three guaranteed winners for your wife for a gift. Rocky Eve, Saint Laura, then black Opium perfume at one hundred and fifty two bucks. That's number one, Samsung Galaxy Watch f E forty mm.
Speaker 5: I don't know exactly what that is.
Speaker 4: And the Queens and Art eighteen hundred w air frar toaster oven.
Speaker 1: Now I wouldn't want any one of those three.
Speaker 4: Gifts, Yes, any of those three, and these are supposed to be always a win Christmas gifts.
Speaker 5: Top three you need.
Speaker 3: To my wife.
Speaker 2: My wife does not want an air fryer, and she certainly doesn't want a vacuum cleaner. I'm glad that suggested knee Dyson, or she would hit me over the head with the vacuum cleaner. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got this great vacuum in this pott and pans.
Speaker 5: Set here by the way.
Speaker 1: That's for us and the household for me, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Going to watch football. You figure how to use it, honey, Yeah, I'm going to be watching football, right.
Speaker 4: Don't play around with it. You get the fun part to try and figure it out.
Speaker 2: So it's it comes up with suggestions and it's it's kind of cool, you know, and then it'll link to the site. A couple of problems with it. You know, you just brought that up, like an air fier, I want air fryer. So that's one thing. It doesn't really know. It doesn't really know what you want. It's just going based on a description of you. The other issue is, and this is coming up with some small businesses just said, wait, wait a minute. Every time people ask AI for gifts suggestions, it suggests something at the big retailers, in other words, Amazon, Walmart. It's not going to send anybody to that cute little shop on Vine Street, that cute little store in Oakley, or you know, in in downtown Mason or something. It doesn't know about them. And so you know, it's you're asking to come up with gifts. And there's some really neat boutiques that we've all been to, some little stores that sell you know, little art and scars and all these things. It doesn't know they exist. So it's going to send you to Amazon, Walmart and Macy's every time, and the small businesses are saying, who whoa, whoa, whoa whoa, this ain't good for us. So that's going to be interesting to see how that shakes out. We don't know how that's going to shake out, but that that's a little bit of a concern. Yeah, again, that local artist.
Speaker 1: And how smart is chat TBT? When I come to that stuff, can you say, I want a perfect gift for my wife who is thirty nine years old and she loves you know, tennis, and we want it from a local shop or or something non commercial. I don't know. Can you can you prompt it to do that?
Speaker 2: It strug It struggles because it doesn't really know what local shops have. That's the problem. It can say, you know, oh, check out these three stores and over the rhine, but it doesn't know what they have. So that's going to be real interesting to see what happens with that. And here's the thing. You get her one of those gifts, you know, you get her that air fryer, vacuum cleaner. She hate it. You know, you can just blame it on Ai, honey.
Speaker 4: That was my idea, that's such a good idea for your wife chat PT your Christmas gift.
Speaker 1: Yes, I would admit it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'll get her when you admit, you admit that you didn't pick out that gift. You just ask chat GPT to pick out a gift and then you click the order button. That's gonna make her even more man.
Speaker 1: I agree. I think women, you know, girlfriend's wives would because they want the thought behind it all. And if you didn't think of it, then.
Speaker 5: Don't you too, of course, okay, because.
Speaker 4: It's I mean, if you get something that is a thoughtful gift, there's nothing that compares. There is a cute little idea here from chatchy PT. I will say, the personalized wifey Christmas ornament romantic thing like that's kind of a cute idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see I got this like this little pink number don for Sorry.
Speaker 5: Well, John, I don't know, I don't imagine.
Speaker 1: Said Frederick Hollywood.
Speaker 2: I don't know where is that eddieph Yeah, we're throwing we're throwing Eddie under the bus here because he's off today. But it would probably come back with like twenty four X rated gifts from the Gifts to Death.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, extra gifts succording to add uh, we only got about a minute a half John. But also I guess you know, it's that time of year. So you're getting those scam delivery messages and you click on them and all hell bracelews so we got.
Speaker 2: He So careful everybody's getting them. I'm getting them. You know, you get something about PayPal that you've ordered, something like wait a minute, I didn't order something, and then you got the USPS or the ups text, the FedEx text saying click here to update your order, to check on your order. Don't click on any of that stuff. It's you can't guarantee that it's real. In most cases, it's not. In most cases of scam, scammers are sending out millions of them, getting people to click, getting people to enter their information.
Speaker 3: Don't do that.
Speaker 2: You know, if you have a question about your order, everybody has real time tracking anymore. So you go to the site and you say, where's my order. That's why everyone loves Amazon. You get on Amazon and it's like status of your order, and then even though I'll send you a picture of it sitting on the neighbor's doorstep, it's delivered. So be really careful of those emails because they're going to get you the emails and the text messages about your deliveries. Be real careful. If you have any question at all, just forward the gift to John matterieve.
Speaker 1: You will check it out whether we consulted chat GBT or or did it ourselves, right.
Speaker 2: John, Hey, guys, great talking to you. Have a good waykend don't waste your mind.
Speaker 1: Thanks, Sean, appreciate it all right, coming up here after the top of the hour news Donna. Obviously lots of big news about those drug boats that the term administration is blown out of the water. No matter how you feel about such things, is it legal? And we're going to check in with our legal consultant, Jeremy Rosenthal. He has the answer, and that is next seven hundred WLW News.
Speaker 9: Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati.
Speaker 5: The President's executive order on citizenship will be considered by the US Supreme Court. This is the four o'clock report. I'm Matt Reeese breaking now. The nation's highest court has agreed to consider the case on birthright citizenship. The President wants to abolish it, issued an executive order to do so, and that was challenged in court. Justices have already ruled on a case regarding that issue.
Speaker 10: Just about a year ago, the Supreme Court heard a case involving the President's attempt to end birthright citizenship, but at that time, the justices were squarely focused on whether individual courts around the country could block the order while the litigation continued. They ultimately said that nationwide injunctions were not okay, but judges found ways around them. That executive order remains on hold. Birthright citizenships is still the policy of the land. But now the President is back to the Supreme Court asking them to decide this issue on the merits.
Speaker 5: That's ABC's Devin Dwyer and on this Friday afternoon, we check your drive home, latest traffic and weather.
Speaker 6: Together from the UC Health Traffic Center, u See Health's Weight Laws Center offer a surgical and medical deb city Care and expertise called five nine three nine twenty two sixty three nine three nine twenty two sixty three seventy five northbound Norwood Lateral to Town is where I've got the left lane blocked about a fifteen minute delay and on south on seventy five just north and north Wood Lateral getting reports of an accident, so downs back to Shepherd Lane. It's about a half hour a slowdown now. And on two seventy five eastbound, it's seventy five crash and two seventy five it's seventy five in Ohio. It's an accident that has a police on the scene. Getting this cleaned up.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 6: Watch for the heavier pockets of traffic as you make your way along seventy five. At the Carrol Cropperbridge westbound, it's about a ten minute lay back to the Petersburg exit in Kentucky. Southbound, we've got about a five minute slow down back to US fifty in Indiana. My Bricks Rep News Radio seven hundred, Double d Well, Double do Now.
Speaker 12: The latest forecast from the No Fear Dentist Weather Center Advanced Dentistry. The thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck. We're here for you, No Fear Dentist dot Com.
Speaker 13: Another chili one this evening as temperatures will fall down into the low twenties for our overnight low with mostly cloudy skies. You start off with maybe a flurry or two tomorrow morning, but temperatures do climbed to the upper thirties. That's still though, ten plus degrees below average from a severe weather station. I'm nine first warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news Radio seven hundred WLWA.
Speaker 5: Twenty nine degrees in Cincinnati. Game day forecast built by American Home Tech A strong defense starts with a solid roof americanhome Tech dot Com for Buffalo Sunday afternoon Bengals and Bills at one o'clock. Snow showers mainly after kickoff high of thirty four. A chance of snow is eighty percent. New accumulation of one to two inches possible. A brother religiously shoots his sister, the violence occurring in Silverton.
Speaker 1: The Heilton County Sheriff's Department responded to a home on Stole Lane in Silverton early Friday morning. They were called out there for a domestic dispute that resulted in a woman suffering a gunshot wound. Fifty eight year old Troy Hood is accused of shooting his sister while intoxicated, and he is now facing multiple charges, including felonious assault. His sister was hospitalized with non life threatening injuries. Hood is doing court for arraignment at nine o'clock Saturday morning. I'm Ricky Uchino, who's ready to go seven hundred double.
Speaker 5: Well w the Crosstown shootout coming up tonight seven thirty at Sinta Center, and you see, as not won there in almost twenty five years, I have been won on Xavier's campus. To be perfectly clear, this morning's ex you. This morning X You, senior Colin O'Keefe lined up with about forty others to get premium tickets in the students section.
Speaker 1: This is our biggest rivalry of the year and we haven't lost.
Speaker 5: So you see at home the whole time I've been alive. And this is Andrew Bozen, who's also a senior Red X.
Speaker 14: Obviously it's nice to be in the front row, but just the fact that being at the game it just means more. I don't care personally what seed I'm at in the student section, as long as they can see the.
Speaker 5: Game and the football Hall of Fame in Canton. This afternoon, Toledo Central and Bishop Watterson. Waterson is leading fourteen to nothing as they get closer to halftime. Division four State football championship. Earlier today, Cleveland Glenville over Shelby forty five to seven, it's four h five. We check in now with a segment seven one hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 15: High School Football Saint X goes up against All in Tanji Orange Tonight for the Ohio Division One Championship. Covers begins at six with the High School Football Tonight Show on Fox Sports thirteen sixty, followed by the game College Football.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow.
Speaker 15: MAC Championship has the Miami RedHawks against Western Michigan. Ohio State faces Indiana for the Big Ten title. Bengals Update brought to you by Good Spirits, Wine and Tobacco and Party Town thirteen locations in Northern Kentucky. Bengals at Buffalo on Sunday. All of the action here on seven hundred WLW College Basketball Cincinnati and Xavier, and the Skyline Chile Crosstown Shootout Tonight at Cintas Center at seven on fifty five KRC and seven hundred WLW Bill Edison, seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: Sports Wall Street. This afternoon, the Dow is up one hundred and four points near the Cloes s and P five hundred and thirteen has back up one hundred and ten four six. Next news coming up at four thirty. Matt Reeese News Radio seven hundred w Weldstory.
Speaker 1: Forty is sponsored by Apollo Home, your source for plumbing, heating, and air and electrical.
Speaker 4: Get ready for reliable home comfort in any season with Apollo Home for a limited time.
Speaker 5: Get a twenty nine dollar.
Speaker 1: Long outside d today and done. A lot of folks a lot of attention right now on the the Venezuela boat strike. Yeah, Trump administration is droning and sending him the Kingdom. Come but is it legal? And join us right now? We always love having him on. Jeremy Rosenthal, he's our legal expert. He's tried over two hundred jury cases, has received not guilty verdicts at every level of state court from first degree felonies. It's the serious misdemeanor. So he knows what he's talking about. Jeremy, how are you? Or do do I know what I'm talking about? Maybe I'll let you know here in about ten minutes, you let me know. You let me know.
Speaker 5: He's gonna be the judge in.
Speaker 1: Jury on this one.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So look a lot of people you know the thing differently on should we be blowing him out of the water.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: Some people don't like it, but again from a legal standpoint is, does the Trump administration have the ability the go ahead to do this. I've not seen any litigation come from it, so it leads me to believe yes.
Speaker 16: But what do you say, Well, okay, so we got to kind of compartmentalize this. We've got the one strike that happened at the beginning of September, where that was your double tap strike, where there was there was the one hit, and then the allegation against Pete Hegseth where he's alleged to have ordered another strike, you know, and I don't know if he said kill them all or whatever he said that one. I think you can sort of isolate because I don't think we're doing that again. And I think that that that the administration and everybody has sort of backed off of that, and and I don't know that we're gonna be striking subsequently like that. Again, the strikes in general against these boats is borderline, right. There's a lot of arguments really foreign against it. The administration is basically saying, look, we're at war with these cartels. The cartels have guns, and the way that the cartels fund all these things is through this drug trafficking. Therefore, these are enemy combatants. Okay, fine, we can go with that, right. So so that's sort of the administration's uh view on that which is disputed. Look, I mean and the and the the naysayers are saying, well, okay, they don't have a fifty cow, they don't have all these these other weapons on them, so are they really combatants that you've got that fight? But what's really troubling about that other incident was that you really you you had shipwrecked sailors essentially, and and it's pretty problematic if if they got struck in that in that position.
Speaker 1: Now, of course I do, and I watched the press conference. According to a spokesperson of the Department of War, every one of these boats has been verified to have drugs on it. So there's not like these it's not like a fishing boat. And I also read that each one of these boats are to the tune of like two hundred and fifty thousand dollars. They're not some rickety little frigate that a fisherman's on like it leads you to believe without a lot of assumption that these are these are designed to bring drugs into America.
Speaker 16: Yeah, these I don't think anybody thinks that that what's going on is okay, that the drug traffic is okay. And and the question is is can you treat these people as enemy combatants? You know we we've done that in the past, sort of with nine to eleven terrorists. If you go back to the Civil War, you know, you look at the people who you know, some of the Confederates that would go and you know the John Wilkes booth, you know, assassins and and the conspiracy. You know, we treated them like enemy combatants. You can make that argument. And and it's and it's it's what it is. It's an argument, right, so so and and and when you're talking about these initial ones, I don't know that anybody is out there there. There's there's gonna be more oversight. You know, the the the legislature is pledged.
Speaker 1: We're going to go in.
Speaker 16: We're gonna give these a harder look, bipartisan, so they're gonna shine a bigger spotlight on it. You would also think, hopefully there's a deterrent effect. I don't know about you, but if they're asking me to go on a boat in Venezuela to come to America on with all that stuff or wherever. I'm probably gonna I'm I'm gonna tell them I need to rearrange my sock drawer. I'm sure the cartels.
Speaker 1: More things busy to America. Yes, yeah, I'm not. I'm not doing that.
Speaker 16: You know, you guys have seen nobody comes back from that, you know, So, uh, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna go do that.
Speaker 16: But I'm sure the cartels can be persuasive when they need to be right, but in their own ways. But yeah, so, so it'll be interesting to see if these sort of tail off, you know, to see if if if they continue for no other reason, then maybe it's effective in stopping the trafficking.
Speaker 4: So, Jeremy, I have a question too, Actually, one, do you think Pete Heggs I always get hiss, I always get his stay wrong, is going to survive this because a lot of people are saying he's like on the chopping block.
Speaker 5: And the other thing is.
Speaker 4: President Trump talked about a ground boar in Venezuela. Do you think that's going to happen because of this as well?
Speaker 16: Well, it seems like Trump is making a lot of headway with Maduro in Venezuela. So I don't know that that's necessarily going to happen. But this is a big problem for Pete Hags says, and and and okay, so and understand this when it comes to the Uniform Code of Military Justice, I was following orders is not that doesn't work. And the admiral who ordered this, all the way down to the person who pushed the button, they could be very well liable if this is a war crime, so so that they could be you know, this could be very problematic for them. And and if they can put Pete Hegsa's fingerprints on this, then that's gonna be problematic for him too. And he's sort of been circling the wagons. Trump Trump also sort of distanced himself from that, which is not something you see him do a whole heck of a lot.
Speaker 1: So so it'll be interesting to see where it goes. But what and Jeremy Rosenthal is our guest, a legal expert, But what about precedent when you look back in the past, when America has has done things to intervene on other countries. I remember, you know, when I was young, the United States went into Panama and removed uh Noriega, right like just why because this was you know, we thought it was a danger to our country and other countries, so we went in there and did it. I pointed to something like that, are there. I mean, as to me, what comes down to is do we have precedence from the past where this has been okay? And does it apply to what's going on now? That's a that's a great question.
Speaker 16: And and yeah, Panama is actually sort of what my mind goes to, because yes, that was sort of a that that was combat really for for you know, when with the drug trafficking, and that that was our main concern with with Manuel Noriega, that this is you know, I I I think the the the people who are against this, I think their argument is that that it's a little too attenuated. Again, the theory behind attacking these boats is that it's these drugs that are funding the war and or that are funding the cartels, and it's the cartels that have all these weapons. So from that standpoint, you can sort of link one to two to three to four. And in Panama it's a lot more clear. Right they have weapons, Right, that's that's a sovereign and and that that that's a nation state, and and so here, it's just it's an attenuated argument. And then and if we give the administration the benefit of the doubt, and I really do think most people are if we give the administration the benefit of the doubt, I think that what we're seeing here is this situation in September with a double tap bombing. I think that's a step too far for a lot of folks on Capitol Hill.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I think we can all agree that we don't want drugs coming into this country. I mean that they've been shipped in by many different ways and things like that, but you know, firing and I didn't read what Rocky read about, you know, all the drugs being on the ships.
Speaker 5: I didn't see that.
Speaker 4: But if that's the case, do they still have authority to blow up a ship if we know that drugs and guns and things like that are on the legal aspect of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 16: So, interestingly enough, with military training in the UCMJ training, the specific example that has been given is that you cannot fire upon shipwrecked sailors. So you can say, yes, we're trying to destroy the cargo, but you can't. You can't fire on shipwrecked sailors. And and and so yes, you know, and I've heard an argument that, look, well, okay, so we were gonna kill these people with one bomb, what does the differences to make if we're gonna use to and and and I get that, you know, I was in the army.
Speaker 1: You know, you've seen my picture the.
Speaker 16: Because they need real they need five seven guys that are tough like me.
Speaker 17: But like, uh, what they trained us is that if we are attacking an objective, that what they've trained us is that you you raid an objective, you go through the objective, you su you secure it, you create a perimeter.
Speaker 16: If you go backwards right when you're when you're going through the objective, you shoot everybody that you can. You know, and you know, you know, you do your job, You do your mission. Once your perimeter secured, if you go back and shoot somebody, that's murder. So that is now now, if they're coming and attacking you, I think all bets.
Speaker 1: Are off right.
Speaker 16: So it's really really hard to make the argument that this boat in the water already having been disabled, yes it's got contraband that that's a real hard one. But I would also say that the administration's defense here has been more so we didn't make that order, right. I think that's kind of what I've heard. Pete Hegsa said is no, I didn't order that, and Trump has said, yeah, no, a second shot wouldn't have been okay with me.
Speaker 1: But that's not what happened here.
Speaker 16: So I I also think that that that's the administration's position, as I understand it is that we didn't we didn't make that order.
Speaker 1: Interesting, well, we will see out all develops. Jeremy. We I really appreciate you joining us here on a Friday. Thanks so much. If folks want to find out more about you and all the things you do, where can they go?
Speaker 16: They can go to Texas Defense Firm dot com for the most reasonable, fair, best looking law firm.
Speaker 1: On All right, we'll still go check out that one. Jeremy, thanks so much. A I have a good no, he's the best explains things that ever he did. He we understood, Rocky. We're gonna have to sit and look at this because you know everything that I've been reading. Pete Haggs, Zeth might be in trouble here a little bit of jo Absolutely, all right, let's go ahead and check some traffic and weather. How are we looking.
Speaker 6: Well from the UC Health Traffic Center, u See Health's Weight Laws Center for a surgical and medical obesity and expertise called five one three nine three nine twenty two sixty three nine three nine twenty two sixty three seventy five southbound is a little heavy as you make your way between Ronald Reagan Highway nor Wood Lateral with the ongoing road work. So we've got about a ten minute delay. And on the two seventy five it's seventy five. Good news, accident is clear.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 6: We do have southbound seventy five between Paddock and Norwood Lateral. That accident is still being cleaned up and it's about a half hour delay from Shepherd and two seventy five eastpawted seventy five crash on the right hand side and seventy five southbound approaching Turfway in Kentucky picked up an accident as well and about a fifteen minute trip now on northbound seventy five. Mitchell de Paddock my brick SAPDUS Radio seven hundred double d well w.
Speaker 1: In the forecast stay mostly cloudy tonight. You're seven thirty pm tip off at the Sintas Center. Weather mostly cloudy in twenty eight or seven thirty kickoff in Canton for the state title game, partly cloudy in twenty one degrees Go Bombers, and then tomorrow another jury day temps still below. Early December averages a high thirty seven. Right now, it is thirty two News Radio seven hundred WLW. This report is sponsored by One Hour Heating and Eric Kendy Shning. Winter temps are upon us. It's time to get your heating tune up. With One Hour Heating and Eric Hendy Shting, they will have your system ready for these using. Then on the backside, Donald, We're going to talk about a couple of things. We're gonna have you even seeing how weird people look on a ZEBI Now we did in a ZEBK topic the other day, and I think there's a lot of good that can come from it. A lot of folks called in and talk about man been able to lose this massive amount of weight, and my diabetes is going away and my heart disease is so is good. Yeah, But some of these, I mean these actors and actions, these pictures.
Speaker 4: Yes, I mean some of them are like they're unrecognizable. Kelly Osbourne just did a tribute to her dad, Ozzie. And she looks like she's older than Sharon. She looks ninety years old.
Speaker 13: She was.
Speaker 4: She's crazy looking. But yeah, there's there's quite a few out there.
Speaker 1: So so we're getting a little discussion on that. Talk a few examples. I've seen a couple, You've seen a couple. And also we want to at some point in the next half hour talk about, you know, cell phones and social media with kids and you know, the dopamine involved in because we got a son who's at that age is like do we get in a cell phone kind of thing? All his buddies are. So we'll talk about all that much much more after the news News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: News, Traffic and Weather. News Radio seven hundred WLW Cincinnati.
Speaker 5: A settlement over protests five years ago here in Cincinnati. This is the four thirty report. I'm Matt Reeves breaking now. Millions of dollars is going to be paid out by the city of Cincinnati to settle a lawsuit that one hundreds file after they were arrested during protests five years ago. Hamilton Counties paying a small portion of that settlement. People made several accusations including police brutality.
Speaker 1: The City of Cincinnati and Hamlin County have now agreed to pay eight million dollars to settle a lawsuit filed after the George Floyd protests of twenty twenty. A group of demonstrators claimed that their First Amendment rights had been violated when then Mayor John Cranley imposed a city wide curfew, which led to nearly five hundred people being arrested. A vast majority of the settlement will be covered by the city through judgment bonds. As part of the deal, the Cincinnati P p Lasse Department will also have to develop new standards for how to respond to protests in the future. The settlement is expected to be approved by the Public Safety Committee of City Council this Tuesday. I'm Ricky Uchino w New's bridal seven hundred W WELW.
Speaker 5: It's just about the weekend and now will you have the latest traffic and weather together from.
Speaker 6: The uc Health Traffic Center. U SE Health's Weight Law Center offer surgical and medical to b city care and expertise called five one to three nine three nine twenty two, sixty three nine three nine twenty two, sixty three, seventy five southbound Paddock to Normal Lattol is about a forty minute trip. We have the left linge bocked with an accident, so downs back to Shephard and on southbound seventy five brom Orega Highway to Norwood, Latol, we have the ongoing construction with about a ten minute trip through that area. Two seventy five it's seventy five accident on the right shoulder and the right shoulder on seventy five South approaching Turfway in Kentucky with an accident and seventy five North Pond a turfway. Just getting reports of an accident here. Now that's we's got delaying this back to US forty two and about an eight minute to delay. Also, we're looking at a ten minute trip on seventy one North Bomb between Dana and Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway seventy one South MLK to the Brent Spence is stop and go by Rick Shrempnews for Radio seven hundred double weld W Now the.
Speaker 9: Latest forecast from the Train Heating and Cooling Weather Center on News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 13: Another chili one this evening as temperatures will fall down through the twenties of mostly cloudy skies. Can't rule out a flurry or two when you wake up tomorrow morning. We should see a little sunshine on our Saturday temperas though still staying well below average, only topping out in the mid to upper thirties from a severe weather station. I'm nine first warning meteorologist Cameron Harden on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: Thirty two degrees on our temperature radar is all clear in the Cincinnati area right now. This game day forecast built by American Home Tech A strong defense starts with a solid roofamericanhome tech dot com Buffalo. For Sunday afternoon, the Bengals and the Bills snow showers mainly after a kickoff a high of thirty four. That chance of snow is eighty percent, and the new accumulation one to two inches possible. Bird flew believed to be the cause of death of more than seventy vultures outside of Saint Bernadette's School and Amelia. Those birds were discovered by workers at the school following the break for Thanksgiving, but no serious risk to humans. The US Supreme Court has agreed to hear arguments in a case that directly challenges the legality of the President's executive order on birthright citizenship.
Speaker 18: In agreeing to take the case, the High Court signals it's ready to decide whether the President can, by executive order, determine that children born to parents here illegally or on temporary visas aren't citizens. Lower courts have resoundingly rejected the White House's view, citing the Fourteenth Amendment and prior Supreme Court rulings on birthright citizenship that date back more than a century. Now, the Justices will hear arguments on both sides of the issue, likely next spring.
Speaker 5: That is ABC Stephen Portnoy, the money involved is monstrous. Netflix has agreed to buy Warner Brothers, and a nearly eighty three billion dollar deal would be completed by the second half of next year after Warner Brothers Discovery spins off its cable assets like CNN and TNT, and Discovery still needs to be approved by regulators. On Wall Street, the dial gained one hundred and four points to close at forty seven nine fifty four S and P five hundred U thirteen Nasdaq up seventy two XU. Students waiting in line for a shot at premium seats in the student section for the Crossdown Shootout tonight at Centa Center. This is Annalin Long and Sofia Preisler. They are both seniors at XU, waiting in the cold earlier today.
Speaker 17: I've actually never been to a Crosstown game, so this is my first time going and I'm a senor, so I figured I might as well, you know, go big for the last one.
Speaker 12: I am currently working on a final paper while I wait to reserve a spot for the Crosstown game between Xavier and Cincinnati.
Speaker 5: Sitting there in a chair with her laptop as they waited to get some of the best seats you can get in the students section at Sinta Center Football Hall of Fame in Canton Division four State Football Championship today Cleveland Glenville forty five seven over Shelby and Division three. Right now Toledo Central Catholic and Bishop Watterson. They're at halftime, Waterson leading fourteen to nothing.
Speaker 9: Seven one hundred.
Speaker 15: WLW Sports High School Football Saint Next goes up against all in Tenji Orange tonight for the Ohio Division one Championship. Covers begins at six with the high school football Tonight show and Fox Sports thirteen sixty, followed by the game College Football Tomorrow. MAC Championship has the Miami RedHawks against Western Michigan. Ohio State faces Indiana for the Big Ten title. Bengals Update brought to you by Good Spirit, twined in Tobacco and Party Town thirteen locations at Northern Kentucky, Bengals at Buffalo on Sunday, All of the action here on seven hundred WLW, College Basketball Cincinnati and Xavier, and the Skyline Chili Crosstown Shootout Tonight at Centas Center at seven on fifty five KRC and seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Bill Edison seven hundred WLW Sports and.
Speaker 5: Your Next News at five o'clock, Matt Reese News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 12: News Radio seven hundred WLW and iHeartRadio Station Guarantee Human seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: HI Heard Radio.
Speaker 11: Let me tell you one of the reasons I think we became the largest injury firm in the world, and it's not even close. I'm John Morgan, and Morgan and Morgan, my wife and I at a plane wanted to get into here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got to talk about the ZEMBI because and again we had a good topic discussion on the other day because I'm kind of fascinating with it because it's it is a big thing, right, There's a lot of people on it in I mean the stats we had the other day. A lot of folks are trying it and a lot of folks having success. We has some great callers. But I think you agree there's a point where, especially with the folks in Hollywood, I mean, taken it to the point where they look like aliens.
Speaker 4: Well, there's this thing called ozembic face, and you can see somebody's on it because it's like drawn out, like your face is super thin and your eyes are.
Speaker 1: Droopy, and it's almost like it it goes the fat of your face or something. Yeah, where it's yeah, well, when you lose I mean listen.
Speaker 5: PJ. Street has been on.
Speaker 4: We've talked about it with him where I asked him the question, what do you think about it?
Speaker 1: He said, anybody that is forty.
Speaker 4: Or fifty pounds overweight or more, there's no reason why you shouldn't get on ozempic. Your joints are going to kill you. You diabetes, all your organs can go into failure and all those things. But there's people that are taking it that have, you know, ten teen pounds, and then they feel good.
Speaker 5: You feel good not eating so much.
Speaker 4: That's the thing people forget, is like you give yourself, you're less tired. You think that, oh my god, you get those angry pains for a second, and then you get over it and then you feel so good you just want to keep going. So it's addicting to be on ozempic too. Lose sounds like so much weight, right, No, I agree, But I think Wicked cast, I mean, and Aliens.
Speaker 5: Sincerely, all three.
Speaker 4: There's a whole big thing on on the Wicked cast before Wicked and after and who they've never admitted that they were on ozempic, but they're all whisper then.
Speaker 1: But at no point in her life was like boys she could lose even ten pounds. No, I ever, she was a skinny girl all the time. And now she's on it and looks like a skeleton.
Speaker 4: But Kelly Osborne we mentioned before we went into the break, Kelly Osborne was pretty obese. I mean like she was, Oh yes, she had probably forty pounds to lose, Yeah, maybe maybe more.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: She got on it. It was helpful. Sharon Osborne got on it too.
Speaker 4: She does not look good either, But Kelly is just she looks like she's aged twenty five years.
Speaker 1: And I know I talked to PJ. I read up on it and how it works. Is a appetite suppressant. Yeah, but how these people want to look in it. It makes you feel like there's something more to it, right, It's not just you're not eating. Just how the again, how the cheese look and the droopiness and the eyes that it feels like it's more than just Okay, I don't want to eat now I'm getting skinny because yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we don't know, you know, all the side effects on it. I know that I have very good friends that have been on it that it has been super helpful for them. Yeah, and Lou lost thirty thirty five pounds, But yeah, I I don't people you can tell you know some other people that are in Hollywood that we that we see Simon Cowell as one of them.
Speaker 1: Bradley Cooper. You know, I just looked at a picture on the Internet.
Speaker 5: I was like, gee, he was a good looking guy.
Speaker 4: He's he's doing too much, I think in terms of like photos and stuff.
Speaker 1: They're comparing him now to Barry Manilow.
Speaker 5: Which is so bad.
Speaker 1: When you did put the side by side up, it looks kind of the same Donald. And I think is amazing is how how trends just kind of come and go, and like with any trend, like when you're in the middle of it, you're like, there's no way that no people will ever go away from this trend, right, Like yeah, but I mean not that. Not that long ago, we were in this big especially when it comes to actors and actresses and singers body positivity, right, and that was if you're obese, that's fine, which I don't I don't believe that at all. So it was all you know, the way you look and not oh blah blah blah blah. And now it's like the same people that were saying that a couple of years later are all like, I want to get as skinny as possible. I mean, like skinny, like the eighties was skinny. It was with the old day. We should talk about you know, the models back then they looked like a coat hanger right there, that skinny, skinny legs and the clothes just kind of hung off. Like we're back to that.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, listen, there's there's always going to be like some overcorrection to stuff too. And Liz Lizzo is one of those body positive and stuff and she's lost a ton of weight now too.
Speaker 1: It's not it's not about being.
Speaker 4: You know, if you're overweight and and and you feel good about yourself, good for you.
Speaker 1: It's your health too that's causing some some issues. Agreed. Agreed. All right, So we got a couple of calls rolling in here. It's good to Mason and talk to Rob, Rob fire away, please, yeah.
Speaker 19: Nothing but the facts. Thanks for letting me on.
Speaker 3: So I don't know.
Speaker 19: Two years ago, started on ozympic because I'm a cardio patient and they said, hey, we got this new thing.
Speaker 1: You got to really try this.
Speaker 19: It's weight loss and it's a doctor in the office and blah blah blah. So they put me on the maximum dose of ozempic right out of the box. Two three weeks later, I'm not feeling too good. I end up well, you know, it changes how.
Speaker 3: Your lower parts work.
Speaker 19: So all of a sudden, four or five six days later and nothing's been working, and I end up going to the ear and they're like oh you you're doing Ozmpic, aren't you. Yeah, well, you know, my cardio doctor recommended it, my fat controlled doctor recommended it. And I'm doing what they said. I'm hitting my belly once a week. Long story short. They gave you the same stuff. You can buy it at Kroger for ninety nine cents. You take it before you party, expression have a colonoscomy and you know, Dana half later, there's nothing less than your system. They give you that in about three or four hours. You spend the next four or five hours in your off the room, in the shower.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I try to not be too specifical. I think we get it, Rob, we get it, man, and that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I lost like.
Speaker 19: Seven or eight pounds, But then I switched to if I can say it, mon Jero, I lost seventy seventy pounds healthfully in a year. I went from two to eighty five down to the way I was in high school playing tackle. And by god, it's seventy four years old. I'm rough and tough and ready to go.
Speaker 1: Good for you, Rob, Good for you ladies. Call me anytime you where you go. All right, Rob, you will pass your number A ready mangle. Yeah, so I guess that's because I have heard that some of them have give you a kind of g I yeah, digestive stuff, and so maybe one's not good with the other happens of work. Let's take one more call here, Let's go to Franklin Township and talk to Randy. Randy fire Away. Hey, guys, how's it going good?
Speaker 3: Good? Yeah, I've been on it for about four years, and you know, the viscerous fat and the cobo abidities of being you know, barbily obese, right, which is you know, the BMI scale is that I think needs to be redone anyway, but you know, you start shedding pounds and you become more active obviously the heart health and I think that you know, they're finding out some indications for you know, with the Alzheimer's and just you know, literally it's it's been a miracle drug for me as far as you know, with the forty five pounds and it it's like you know, the joints, the thing I don't have to go to the doctor to you know, all my back hurts or oh I got this or I got that. Yeah, And it's a deal that it's just like anything else though. I mean, you can ty trate that up. It's not just like it's one dose. There's different doses of it, right, And I think when you find your sweet spot as far as unfortunately, I think I'm gonna have to be on it for the rest of my life. I want to.
Speaker 1: So that was my question, Randy. Is you said you've been on for four years, which seems like a long time. I mean, have you ever taken a break from it and when you do, boom the hunger comes back and the pounds come back, and you think you're gonna be on it forever or what?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna have to be because getting off of it, Yeah, I'm you know, hitting the drive through again, and I do want to. You know that it's called grilling. It's what you know, the Caveman molecule in here whatever that makes you hungry or you know, like I passed Big Boy a couple of days ago there since a date and I'm like, oh, man, I want to. It's like, you know, thank God the intervention. I couldn't get over into the right lane and I passed it and within you know, fifteen seconds later, I'm like, man, I got to look good. For the pool this summing, right, so right, yeah, I think I'll be on it for for you know, as long as it continues to do where I'm at and once you find that peach in that plateau, you know, I'm doing the peptides too, which I think you're something to look at maybe with PJ sometimes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we actually we talked about that a little bit a couple of weeks ago, the peptides thing. Now, now let me ask you this, did do you experience any negative side effects from it? Because that's that's what I think that to me, it seems like the two downsides are cost It seems pretty expensive if if you don't you have the q pons and this sort of thing, and then you know the the the you know, side effects sort of thing.
Speaker 3: Uh And and absolutely, I mean it's like alcohol, right if I smash, you know, some tequila and a bunch of beer and I feel like craps the next morning. Right, But you know, if if I eat right and and don't overindulge, and that's the biggest thing, you know, it's it's it's what I need or what I want, And if you can control that, I think that that helps me control it. To you know, one doughnuts good? Three donuts are not right?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Gotcha? Yeah, Ranny, thanks to call buddy. Appreciate well it is And he said he had a good point. Once you start losing weight, then you get more active. It is a compounding, it's exactly. It's a wonderful tool for people that have struggled with weight loss in this country and beyond.
Speaker 5: So it's it is extremely helpful.
Speaker 4: But those that take it a little bit too far, that's what we're talking about, people that start looking weird on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I worry about taking something forever. Four years is a long time. It's a long time. And yeah, I don't think you should be on anything. I try to take as little as possible of anything, just because you never know how that with your box.
Speaker 5: Right, you don't.
Speaker 4: I mean, luckily, I don't take any medication at all, thankfully, knock on wood. But I mean there are people that you know, do take heart mediciner or cholesterol. Cholesterol is a big deal. Yeah, cholesterol pills and style that's for life. Let's check some traffick and weather.
Speaker 1: How are you looking?
Speaker 6: From the UC Health Traffic Center, U see Health's Weight Laws Center offerings. A surge going medical ob Citycaren expertise called five one three nine three nine twenty two sixty three, nine three nine twenty two sixty three good news. An accident cleared seventy five southbound between Paddock Norwood lateral had a pretty big backup still about a half hour slowdown as traffic recovers from Shepherd. We have two seventy five eastbound approaching seventy five. The accident in the right lane delayings back to Princeton Pike about a six minute slow down. Here is seventy one north bound Norwood. Later the accident down the left shoulder Martin Luther King Drive at dick Smith. We have reports of an accident now with police there State Rout twenty at Woodville Pike. Crash and thanks for the tip call on that. We're watching delays on seventy five north bound Mitchell to Paddock with about a fifteen minute trip, and then northbound seventy one day that to Ronald Wick and Cross County Highways, about a ten minute drive by Rick Repadu's radio seven hundred double do well double.
Speaker 1: You in the forecast stay mostly cloudy tonight. You're seven thirty pm tip off at the Sintas Center. Whether mostly cloudy in twenty eight or seven thirty kickoff in Canton for the state title game, partly cloudy in twenty one degrees Go Bombers, and then tomorrow another jury day, temps still below Early December averages a high thirty seven. Right now it is thirty two News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: Is it true Tom Brenneman? What's the bass player in a punk band called mash Potato that is mostly not true? Is it true that Tom Brenneman can speak to dolphins but chooses not to because of their attitude?
Speaker 5: It sounds possible, but not true.
Speaker 9: Is it true that listening to Tom Brennan and make sure morning better.
Speaker 5: That one is true?
Speaker 20: Please join me in the morning for the latest news, weather, traffic, sports, at a truck load more to get your days to did right?
Speaker 9: Tom Brennanman, Monday morning at five am on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 15: This report is sponsored by Backs the Tractor, your Combota headquarters, backslatractor dot com. Backs of the Tractor has Cincinnati's combotas that.
Speaker 1: I did a week long fast thing where I would no food food, no food food, so four days, no food, you know that that kind of thing.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 1: And to report back, I I didn't love it. I didn't hate it, you know I didn't. I actually didn't feel that hungry like or it was like affecting my mind until dinner. So I feel like I could go, you know, no breakfast, no lunch kind of thing, and then just show down for dinner.
Speaker 5: I think that's good.
Speaker 4: They say, if you can fast once a week, twenty four hours once a week, the chances of you getting sick, like with a cold or flu or anything like that dropped dramatic. Really, Yeah, I did it because I believe fast thing is really good for your system, just to reset and get rid of all those old food particles that are in there and stell. So the longest I did was over three days, seven seventy four hours, and by the end I was like.
Speaker 5: Looking at the clock waiting to eat. I was hungry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got to say that. There was one night, like the last night, I literally went to bed early because I'm like, I can't wake up, I can't wait to wake up for it. I'm sorry, I got you all.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's exactly how I felt.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 4: It was the moment of like, all right, it's a mental mountain you're climbing too. I mean, it is absolutely good for discipline and to push yourself and wow, this isn't even that hard because you get like these hunger panes and then if you just you know, sit through it, have a big glass of water or you know whatever, in fifteen minutes those are gone and then you feel amazing, Like how do I feel so amazing without eating so much?
Speaker 1: It's it's really unbelievable. I was able to work to work out on it too, Like I work out in the morning, and it wasn't like I know, like, oh my god, I'm dragging here.
Speaker 19: Yeah, that was.
Speaker 1: That was fine. Now, if I had gone two days without food and try to work out, it might have been different, I would say. And again I didn't. Who knows what if I experience any of the cleansing stuff that you talked about. I don't disagree with what you're saying because you hear that. The only thing that I noticed was at night, I was I was colder. I'm usually hot, right, I sleep hot, but I mean it was it was actually in the hotel when I was down in Gainesville, and you know, I usually keep it pretty cold, but I put on like a shirt or bad So that was the one thing that maybe they were coincidental.
Speaker 4: But but your body isn't working as much because you're not putting so much food in there. Your body works a ton to digest the food that you eat. So if you're constantly replenishing the food in your system, your body is just constantly working and you become an oven from inside out. So that makes a total sense. There are people that do fasting for like forty days.
Speaker 5: I don't know how. I don't know how.
Speaker 1: That's that one actor, the guy there's so all Blart guy like he was all with Joe Rogan, talks about He's like, yeah, what as long as you've gone you fast He's like, you know, he says something look crazy, like thirty days or something. Thirty days.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a there's a hip hop artist Kevin Gates who talks about fasting and secure for everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, we will take a break, we'll come back. We'll talk a little.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Cell phones, social media in the young Mind. Next seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred w l W Cincinnati.
Speaker 5: Recordings of the calls for help. Is a massive flood took the lines of more than one hundred people. This is the five o'clock report. I'm Matt Reees breaking now today we're hearing for the first time nine to one to one calls from Kerr County, Texas as a flooding on the fourth of July killed over one hundred and thirty people. Any of the dead at a Christian camp for girls. Camp Mystic Audio just released. The nine one one calls were non stop, hundreds of them kept coming.
Speaker 2: We are we are stuck on a roof on Hillway thirty nine. We need a boat for a helicopter.
Speaker 19: It's rising.
Speaker 20: Numerous reports of the water was rising. Victims were going to the rattics and roofs, climbing trees, and then the calls came in from Camp Mystic.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm calling for camp missing.
Speaker 20: The floodwaters had overtaken the Christian summer camp for girls. At least twenty seven girls and counselors were killed. We can't get alec Stone EBC.
Speaker 5: News and now we have the latest on traffic and weather together from.
Speaker 6: The UC Health Traffic Center and you see Health's Weight Loss center off for a surgery on the Medical ob City Caaren expertise called five one three nine nine, twenty two sixty three, ninety three nine twenty two sixty three. I think recovering from the construction of seventy five southbound Paddock to Norwood Lateral. We had an accident here that is now cleared. We still have the delays. Factor Shepherd about a twenty minute delay getting through the area. Two seventy five eastbound at seventy five two Hitt lanes for box. We're looking at sow downs to Princeton Pike and our left lane taken up on northbound seventy one approaching Norwood Lateral. Now on twenty eighth and wood billt Pike. It's a crash and we have heavier pockets on seventy five. Should make your way southbound between Ronald Reagan Highway and Norwood Lateral at the Carrol Cropper Bridge. Two seventy five westbound has slow downs back to the Petersburg exit in Kentucky and northbound back to US fifty in Indiana, and about a ten minute trip on seventy one northbound Dana to Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway.
Speaker 1: I'm Rick Shrimp.
Speaker 6: News Radio seven hundred double d WELLW.
Speaker 12: Now the latest forecast from the No Fear Dentist Weather Center Advanced Dentistry. The thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck. We're here for you, No Fear Dentist dot Com.
Speaker 13: Another chili one this evening, as temperatures will fall down into the low twenties for our overnight low with mostly cloudy skies. You start off with maybe a flurry or two tomorrow morning, but temperatures do climb to the upper thirties. That's still though, ten plus degrees below average. From a severe weather station. I'm nine first Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: Thirty degrees right now in Cincinnati. Radar is all clear. This game day forecast built by American Home Tech A strong defense starts with a solid roof americanhome Tech dot Com. Buffalo Sunday Bengals and Bills. One o'clock kickoff, Snow showers mainly after kickoff on Sunday high thirty four, chance of snow eighty percent, and talking about new snow accumulation one to two inches possible. US Supreme Court's going to decide whether the president can can end birthright citizenship by executive order. President Trump's sign that order on his first day back in office. Supreme Court, here's the arguments next year.
Speaker 1: My family, my great first Lady Melania, you're right here, and thank you very much.
Speaker 5: President Trump accepting the Fief of Peace Prize at the twenty twenty six World Cup draw at the Kennedy Center in Washington. Today. The President bothered he was passed over for the Nobel Peace Prize despite, in his words, ending several wars.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. This is truly one of the great honors of my life.
Speaker 5: President today helped with the draft of the World Cup. It's going to be played in cities across US, Canada and Mexico. Host city's closest to Cincinnati, Atlanta, Philly. Kansas City. US men's national soccer team plays its first game in the World Cup in June. In Los Angeles. Some students at Xavier lined up try to land the best seats in the student section for tonight's game between x and UC and the Crossdown shootouts.
Speaker 21: The cross that shootout just means so much the city, society, just both schools.
Speaker 1: It's just so much fun. The game's just a great atmosphere. It's so much fun.
Speaker 21: I remember going sophomore years I was probably my best savor memory and just to do it one last time my seniors, it's I'm really excited.
Speaker 5: And it's Daniel Welch, a senior from Savior, talking with us out in the cold at the Sintas that are earlier today, along with thirty to forty others. High School football Championship weekend at the Hall of Fame in Canton. Division three right now Toledo Central Catholic and Bishop Waterson. Waterson leading seventeen to nothing. I think got about four minutes left in the third quarter. Division four. Earlier today, Cleveland Glenville forty five seven over Shelby seven.
Speaker 15: One hundred WW Sports High School Football Staint next goes up against All in Tangie, Orange Tonight for the Ohio Division one Championship. Coverage begins at six with the High School Football Tonight Show in Fox Sports thirteen sixty, followed by the game College Football Tomorrow. MAC Championship has the Miami RedHawks against Western Michigan. Ohio State faces Indiana for the Big Ten title. Bengals update brought to you by good Spirits, wine and tobacco and Party Town thirteen locations at Northern Kentucky Bengals at Buffalo on Sunday, All of the action here on seven hundred WLW College Basketball Cincinnati and Xavier and the Skyline Chili Crosstown Shootout Tonight at Sentas Center at seven on fifty five KRC and seven hundred WLW Bill Edison, seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: Sports Now gained one oh four at the close, SP five hundred gain thirteen, NAZAC gain seventy two, Next News five thirty, Matt Reeves News Radio seven hundred double wl double this report. It's sponsored by Land of Illusion Christmas Glow.
Speaker 4: Experience, the Midwest's largest Christmas village At Land of Illusion, can you.
Speaker 8: Longer than Santa's Between the shopping, the decorating, kids, concerts, and oh yeah, keeping the magic alive. My Heart Radio is here to bring the joy to your busy days with commercial, free Christmas stations like iHeart Christmas, four dozens of playlists so you can pick and match your holiday vibe. Open your free iHeart app and search Holiday to explore stations, playlists and more.
Speaker 1: Here we go our number three Rocky alongside Donna. D We're having a good time, hope, so you are too, so don we wanted to get into Everybody has a lot of a lot of folks listen, have kids out there, and social media and all the lots of upside, lots of downside, but it is certainly pervasive in our culture. And I think people understand social media and all the apps and all the things can be bad, but it's hard to hard to break away from them.
Speaker 5: Right yeah.
Speaker 4: And the one thing that we all have now, I think most people on this planet have a cell phone, an iPhone or Galaxy or Android, whatever you want to call it. The teachers in this country are now kind of rising up and saying, Houston, we have a problem here because these kids, their attention span is minute. And the reason why they're they're coming out and like you know, whistleblowers here is because the more that they spend on the phone, the iPhone, the social media accounts and what you're talking about, the more dopamine they have.
Speaker 5: And it's they're never bored.
Speaker 4: There's always scrolling, there's always something to order, there's always something to watch, there's always someone to call or text or whatever, and what happens is you lose focus when you're not bored, and you lose creativity. And that's what's happening to our kids right now.
Speaker 1: And you've got a kid right, twelve year old, and it's like, yeah, we're deciding because you know, he wants a cell phone or his friends have a cell phone. And also, look, you know we don't have We don't have a landline in our house like most people. So when we're gone, he's old off where he can stay by the house. How do you talk to him kind of thing? And we had him one of those flip phones and they suck, they do. They're terrible.
Speaker 4: And of iPhone is a safety thing too for parents. There there's a reason to have it right right. So yeah, but but to your point about never being bored.
Speaker 1: I was watching this. It wasn't specifically about kids, but this guy was making a point that is. His rant was called the Death of Hobbies, like you saying no one has hobbies anymore. He said people have side hustles, like, hey, I like knitting, so I'm gonna have a little knitting business on the side record make money. He said people don't do little task just because they like to do it, not like you know the days of where you don't know you cook, not so you could sell your cookies, but you just like cooking. Or if you're a man, a young man, you like to carve ball. Right, you did it. You weren't trying to sell the boy. You just did it because And you're saying, because people don't you did hobbies because you were bored. But no one's bored anymore, so therefore all the hobbies have gone with I thought was I'd never thought of that.
Speaker 4: And teachers are saying kids are now struggling to read one to two pages without drifting. That's not a good sign. I mean, that's kind of hard. Students can't stay off phones even when they want to. I listen, I will say for my own addiction with my iPhone I, it's a problem and I literally have to take take iPhone naps from it. And that's what they suggest parents do. But right now, as parents go through this, they they're on their iPhones, their kids are on their phones. Then you know, then they'll come and talk to their parents who are on their iPhones, and then you know there's a time where you spend talking to your kids.
Speaker 1: Well, I know I have caught myself, you know, because you know the kids will want the kids will grab my wife's phone and I'll be like, get off the phone. Well what am I doing.
Speaker 5: I'm on my phone. I'm telling him that.
Speaker 1: It's like you're the biggest ever read in the entire world. So yes, they they it's learned behavior from from us. So yeah, we can say it's the young people all we want, but it's it's adults, it's older people. It's where we all have a problem with.
Speaker 4: Everybody. Everybody has a problem with it. And I fear that AI that's coming. This is a callback to what we did earlier, that the fears of AI and and getting more and more intrusive into our lives. It's a little scary because the iPhone has been like I if I don't know where my iPhone is, I go into panic mode. Right, you start like in your pocket, I do get my watch so I can beep and find out where my iPhone is. There are five powerful ways parents can protect children's attention spans.
Speaker 1: Do you want to hear yes?
Speaker 4: Okay, So the first thing, and we talked about this just to second ago, create phone free focus blocks. So do it in twenty five thirty minute increments. If your kids do have cell phones, you want to nurture that board state. You want to get them into that place because they can focus more, they can be creative more, get into finding hobbies and things like that.
Speaker 5: That's the step one.
Speaker 4: So out of sight, out of mind twenty five to thirty minutes at least once a day, but try and do that twice a day. Use the protected space role for sleep. No phones in the bedroom because that's.
Speaker 1: A hard one to break.
Speaker 5: It's hard.
Speaker 1: That's hard.
Speaker 5: It is very hard.
Speaker 1: I also, my phone is my alarm clock. Yeah, so I need to go back to the old fashioned alarm clock. Yeah or something.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, get into bed early where you wake up hopefully on you know, morning sun.
Speaker 2: I don't know about her.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: The third is replaced fast stimulation with slow stimuls This means reading, drawing legos. So instead of the scrolling, scrolling, scrolling moving YouTube by it blah blah blah. Have them do puzzles, help with cooking, put me get get get into an instrument.
Speaker 2: We did.
Speaker 1: We did a puzzle the other day. It was a five hundred piece puzzle. Somebody bought it for it was like my wife and kids, that was the puzzle, right, you can. It's pretty cool. Like you take any picture you want, boom them make it into a five hundred or a thousand or whatever.
Speaker 5: That's puzzle.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it was cool.
Speaker 5: They start to put it to you.
Speaker 1: It was you know, did it over the course of a bunch of days, and you know it's maddening. You talking about boring. Yeah exactly, yeah, yeah, maddening and boring.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: Number four is set social media sprints instead of endless scrolling. So if if if your kids want to be on TikTok uh twenty minutes after they've done their homework and then you take the phone away for twenty five minutes. But that's where you see kids on like social media screaming for their iPhones like we're addicted. They're addicted to and they're not. They don't even have all the emotional intelligence that we do as adults. Kids just say I want my phone back like this I want yeah. And then the last one, which is we talked about this, get off yours as a parent, model the behavior in a sneaky way. Put your phone away and see dad doesn't have his phone you put yours away, and let's go throw the football, right right, Let's go throw the football for thirty forty minutes and then we'll come back and and if we want to, maybe we.
Speaker 5: Won't even want to get back on that.
Speaker 1: I feel like that that's the biggest one, is if because then the kids, what are you talking about? Yeah, you're doing the same thing. Yeah, so yeah, it's tough.
Speaker 4: And and and parents are I mean, teachers are saying, listen, we see your kids in school and they're not They're not able to pay attention right now. They're not able to sit without their cell phones even if they want to.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: So this was a Cliff Kingsbury when he was the head coach of the Cardinals. This is a couple of years back, uh, and he was kind of like this younger, kind of new age guy. And he was talking about how he gives like like NFL players like would get like a ten minute like phone break, Like he wouldn't have a he wouldn't go like like an hour long meeting. You go for forty minutes like okay, all right, ever get your phones out, because he said, because if you don't, then everybody the whole time after a while, I was like, okay, like it starts panicking, like you know what I mean. It's almost like, in a way, maybe not good because you're you're giving them that giving in to it and giving them that drug. But he's saying, why fight it. I can't fight it. It's not my job to fight it. So let him do that and then they can get refocused.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't think that that's a bad idea, because you know, people have families, they friends, they want to check in and that kind of stuff. So but the more you can create some discipline for yourself, Like I'm going to really start doing this, and I've been saying that for a while. I am absolutely addicted to my phone and I really want to start taking breaks because being creative is really amazing.
Speaker 14: It is.
Speaker 4: It is so fun to sit down and write a song on the guitar or or or paint a picture or you know, look at look at photography and how how you guys made that puzzle and then doing the puzzle and stuff like that. You don't forget things like that. You can spend hours on your phone scrolling and you forget everything that you've seen.
Speaker 5: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're asking what I looked at last night, and I probably couldn't. I couldn't tell you, by the way. That's the difference. People say, oh, well, it's the same as when you were a kid. You know, your kids watch too much TV. It's not though, because a singular program, there's gonna be times when it's not the just the height of excitement and there is some boredom and you and you learn I got to sit through this.
Speaker 5: We're on this.
Speaker 1: If you don't like it, instantaneously gone gone, gone, gone, okay, like this will watches from it? Okay, not entertaining, gone boom.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Did you see that photographer took pictures of everybody that was holding their cell phone, but took the phone away, and how weird it was. They're in this picture and you look like, okay, everybody's holding their cell phones and they're just staring at it. Then you take the cell phone away and everybody looks crazy.
Speaker 1: I bet I'll tell you what where I see it where I'm like, oh my god, this is so terrible. Is you know every week I'm on a college campus, so you're, you know, before the game, you're seeing people come in and the college students. I mean it, every single one of them have the phone in their hand, every one of them and between bouts of looking down at it or even if they're talking with their friend, but it's in their hand, like it's ready to go. It's right there. I remember being at a restaurant and seeing you know, this was last year before the National Championship game, you know, Notre Dame in Georgia. In this restaurant, people come from out of town. They're getting ready to you know, hang out and do the game, and like everybody every table, it was like, God, is that me?
Speaker 3: Do I do that?
Speaker 5: The answers, yes, I do.
Speaker 4: It's so embarrassing to even say, like, oh my gosh, this is this is not good in social media again, one of the reasons why we are on our phone so much is social media has a big part. TikTok videos, YouTube, obviously, you know, Instagram and Twitter and all you know, x or whatever. And I liked Jennifer I forget her last name, Ben Affleck's ex wife. They have three kids together, and she she said to her kids that are you know pretty, you know eleven or they're in their teens, and she said, show me the advantage of being on social media. Just show me any paper, any science, anything that says it is good for you to be on social media, and I will let you have a social media account and they can do it. Can't find because all everything that she said she read was negative about being on social media.
Speaker 1: Would say, I mean, I feel like I can find some because there's some things on on Instagram that are that I learn about, like, like, you know, it kind of adopts to what you like, so I get all kinds of football stuff and you know, football plays and all this sort of you know stuff that so there's no and you can connect with people you haven't seen in a long time.
Speaker 5: You get to see family.
Speaker 1: Not bad, but it's not. But for kids it's different too.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, we're a little late here. Let's go and check some trafficking weather. How are we looking now?
Speaker 6: From the UC Health Traffic Center, u S Health's Weight Laws Center, aller Resurgical and Medical Obesity Care and Expertise called five one three nine three nine twenty two sixty three nine three nine twenty two sixty three about a fifteen minute delay on seventy five south boundleweg And Highwood to Norwood lateral due to the broadwork. We're seeing slowdowns back to Shepherd left lane parked on seventy one north bound approaching Norwood lateral crash here has the delays to data the right shoulder of effect to two seventy five eastbound approaching seventy five accident here and watch for police on the scene. And we also are just getting reports of a problem on two seventy five Westpound after coal rain, so two left planes are blocked. It's an injury accident. And then we do have emergency crews on the scene. My Bricks Rep News Radio seven hundred double do well double.
Speaker 1: In the forecast, stay mostly cloudy tonight, you're seven thirty pm tip off at the SINAS Center. Whether mostly cloudy in twenty eight or seven thirty kickoff in Canton for the state title game. Partly cloudy in twenty one degrees go bombers, and then tomorrow another jury day, temps still below early December averages a high thirty seven. Right now, it is thirty two news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: It's more than a neighborhood sewed.
Speaker 12: It's the Crosstown suitout where proximity breeds hostility can the basketball bear Cats, maul the Musketeers or will Xavier have the X Factor? Catch the call live today at seven pm on seven hundred WLW or stream seven hundred WLW on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 20: This report is sponsored by Continental Roof Company, Best Products, Best Price.
Speaker 1: The first time.
Speaker 7: Continental Roof Company understands the value of family and community. They specialize in expert roof repairs and installations for homes and businesses.
Speaker 1: Called Continental Roof Company to