Speaker 1: And now an exclusive interview with David Bassey or Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: It is Game seven of the World Series. Not a lot of players in their careers get to go out with a team in the World Series, let alone a Game seven of the World Series, but our guy, Clayton Kershaw has that opportunity. Thank you for the time before your last game in Major League Baseball?
Speaker 3: Anytime? Is this gonna be our last interview? Dave? Are we gonna find some time? You think?
Speaker 2: I wanted to know if I could come to Dallas during the off season every off season? Can we connect and keep this going?
Speaker 1: Every off season is a stretched but you know we'll find some time for sure.
Speaker 3: But it's pretty cool, isn't it. I Mean, it is a.
Speaker 1: Lot of emotions for me today, but I think that's probably.
Speaker 3: True of everybody in a Game seven, you know.
Speaker 1: But like you said, I'm just I'm just so grateful Game seven of the World Series gets to be my last game ever, Like, how cool?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 2: So cool? I mean, you they always say baseball pays you back. It feels like you've given the game everything and you've respected it so much that the game is paying you back by giving you this I don't.
Speaker 1: Know about all that, but it's a it's a special time for everybody, for this team, and then for me to get to be a part of this team in this one last game here in Toronto and.
Speaker 3: You know, hopefully we win, be a fun night.
Speaker 2: Does this mean more to you because of the connection you have with your teammates on this team?
Speaker 3: I think, I think this is a great team.
Speaker 1: I've had so much fun with these guys, you know, going into the year, kind of knowing it was gonna be my last one, Like to have this group of guys to get to do this with for all of twenty twenty five has been really special for me. It's just been a lot of fun, man, it really has. I've had a blast getting to be with them every day, getting to do stuff, and then you know, they've supported me this last six week, you know, since I've announced my retirement and they've been they've been so awesome about it. And tonight will just be the cherry on top.
Speaker 2: You're no stranger to pitching on short rest show. Hey O, Tani is going to try to do what you've done many times in your career. What does it take to be able to be effective? Pitching on short rest.
Speaker 1: I mean, the first step is just being willing to do it, you know. And so Show has already shown that he's willing to do whatever it takes to win this series, and we can't thank him enough for that. And I think we're gonna have a lot of guys and I do whatever.
Speaker 3: It takes to win this game, and.
Speaker 1: It starts a show though, and we're we're we're excited that he's on our team tonight, it'll be great.
Speaker 2: How do you balance all these emotions knowing it's your last game, but knowing, hey, that phone might ring and that truck might need to work.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, I think try to take it all in right now, enjoy it, and then you know, once Ato nine hits, get ready because yeah, you never know what happened out there, but I'll be ready for tonight, and then.
Speaker 3: Really take it all in after the game.
Speaker 2: Before I let you go your thoughts on the way that game ended last night with the ball being stuck and the play that key game made. I mean, that was that was high of highest leverages last night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was huge.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think what Glass did was huge for us coming in getting out of that and then keyk making that play. You know, everyone makes a big deal about the ball getting stuck, and they would have, but like if the ball doesn't get stuck, Jade goes and gets it.
Speaker 3: And it's second and third anyway, you know what I mean. So it's like it doesn't really the ball getting stuck.
Speaker 1: I don't really think affected it as much as people are making of it. So at the end of the day, what Glass did was huge.
Speaker 2: Could you tell the temperature of Glass now? In the ninth inning when he was warming up and came.
Speaker 1: Out, he did great. I mean he didn't, you know, just hurt his name called and got ready. So sometimes in the bullpen you don't have enough time to think about the moment. You just get ready and go, and that can be a good thing sometimes.
Speaker 2: Thanks a lot for the time. I know how much you mean to those guys inside that clubhouse. And I'm not going to get too much here, but you've meant a lot to me, and I always appreciate you, always looking out for me and always having the best interests of everybody that has been in your orbit the last eighteen years.
Speaker 3: All right, appreciate it. Thank you man. Don't make it weird. I won't make it weird.