Speaker 1: I want your opinion on this, especially if you're somebody that has dealt with this in person. So I had all the boys home this week and Chelsea and I had all the boys home. It was actually really awesome to do it, because when the boys are home, Chelsea is happy, like she just loves being around her sons. I mean, nothing can make her happier than if we all lived in the same home together. And I could put those kids back into the days of when they were hectic and crazy and enjoy your hectic moments, young parents, because I know that one day they will not be there and you will wish that you had to go to twelve you know, swimming meets and you know, use zap zoning and all the rest of this stuff. So we were hanging out talking and my favorite is when the older boys, the older two boys, Joey and Jacob, will start talking to each other like we're not there, Chelsea and I aren't there, and they started randomly going into this whole thing about out how mom and dad have given up, they no longer are trying anymore. And I'm like, what the hell are these guys talking about? And it came to their beliefs that we don't parent Luke at all anymore, and they think that Luke gets away with whatever he wants to do, like Luke Like, it was to a point where Joe and Jake were like, where's Luke right now? Oh, he's at the casino drinking? You know, where's Luke right now? Oh he's you know, hanging out at his girlfriends. Where's Luke right now? Oh, you know, he's probably upstairs in his room. He just had a taco bell delivery, literally the door dash guy delivered to his room.
Speaker 2: Lucas done some crazy stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, things that Joe and Jacob say that they would be punished for, but Luke gets away with. And I want to know if this happens in your families, Like do you feel like your parents parent differently with each child? And I think in this case it probably is where Luke is the youngest in the family and because he's the youngest and Chelsea and I, Chelsea and I started having kids when we were young. Chelsea was twenty just turning twenty one years old when Joe was born. She turned twenty one on September the seventeenth. Joe was born born September the twenty first. Wow, Wow, so isn't that crazy? He was, Yeah, Luke's agent, we're having a baby heart. Well guess what ended up happening. We had Luke late in life, and Luke, we're done. We don't want to hear them anymore.
Speaker 2: Got it.
Speaker 1: I let him juggle knives when he was five. But the two older boys claim that we have given up. Jacqueline's your youngest, right sister.
Speaker 3: So I'm the oldest. Then I have my middle sister, Emily, and then Jacqueline's a baby. Jacqueline and I are probably the closest just because we're both moms, so we like bond over kids all the time.
Speaker 2: Did Jacqueline ever get differently all the time?
Speaker 3: We talked about it this weekend. My mom was so strict with me, so strict by the time Jacqueline rolled around. My mom was letting her have parties, going to parties, to pick her up at three in the morning, like there were no rules whatsoever. Yeah, so we were talking to Lucy about it actually because we're like Nama used to be so strict, and she just can't see it. I think my middle sister was the one that, like you know, got away with stuff. No, like the tides changed with herself. She chipped away, caused a lot of energy. Yeah yeah, yeah, And.
Speaker 4: My older sister Elson would say the same thing. But I also think that I might have been a little bit of a better kid because I learned from Allison's mistakes. Like I saw what made my parents really mad, and I made sure I'm not going to do that, and then they chilled on me.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: See, I feel like it was only my sister and I, but I feel like they let me do kind of whatever I wanted. I feel like my mom just let me do whatever and then based on my mistakes or like she learned through me.
Speaker 2: So my sister had it harder even ye learned.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Like my sister couldn't do a lot of his stuff that I would do, Like I could go out whenever I wanted to. I feel like my sister had a curfew, like she had to be in And I don't know if it was just hard being a girl.
Speaker 2: Maybe that played a little role.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I think if I had a daughter, I would totally parent differently. Like the fact that I three boys, they all kind of, you know, got parented differently based on probably how easy or how hard they were. Joe definitely got the most disciplined. Jacob, I think didn't need as much discipline because he never really got in trouble. Like I remember going to a parent teacher conference one time for Jacob, and the teachers were all like, why are you guys here, Like they didn't even know why we were there because he did so well. Luke, we go yeah whatever, like you know. But I will say this about Luke though Luke had to be the tag along at all the older brothers events and things, and he was such a good sport about it. He never complained about it that we of like reward him now, like Joe thinks it's amazing that Luke is able to go like out of the country for like the spring breaks that he does, and that you know, he lives in a frat house and.
Speaker 3: He lives in I think even parents like I even find myself doing it with a twelve and nine year old like Smith is getting away with way Moore I was, I still am. I'm so strict with Luis and with him, I'm like, I mean, where are you going to go down the street to mobile? Okay, go ahead, I mean Lucy couldn't even go to the park till she was like eleven years old.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: Joe asked me if I do cocaine with Luke and I said to him, no, we don't do cocaine.
Speaker 2: We drop acid.
Speaker 5: But nine he said. He said to me, Goes, it wouldn't surprise me if you do cocaine with Luke. And I said to him, like, what would make you think that? Seriously, I don't booger sugar with my son. You let the door dash man come. That is why Natalie, what's up?
Speaker 7: Hi? Hi?
Speaker 8: I just want to say my children say this same thing about me. I have four older children thirty five, thirty two, twenty nine, twenty five, then twelve whole year old does not have any doesn't have any chores, and they complain.
Speaker 7: About why I'm not streak with her.
Speaker 8: I just like I'm tired now at this point, I'm like, okay, whatever, she get good, great, I'm good good.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's that's amazing by the way that you have that span of kids, Like I thought it was tough to have, you know, Joe ten years from from Luke. But the idea that you have a thirty something year old and a twelve year old.
Speaker 2: She tired. That's amazing.
Speaker 8: Yes, but but I got divorced and I got a little wild. I forgot that my toombs wouldn't tie.
Speaker 2: It still work down there. I love I love it.
Speaker 1: It's funny. It's like their child too. They could probably help raise that kid.
Speaker 8: They don't want to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, part of it. Thanks Natalie, appreciate you.
Speaker 2: What's up, Kyle? How you doing?
Speaker 7: How are you guys good?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 7: I see like when I was younger, I've brought at seven years younger than this, and I when I was in high school, I feel like my parents want to know I have your place. I was going till then when my brothers at the high school like you to say, always going going out, and they'd be like, Okay, see you later.
Speaker 2: It is true.
Speaker 1: Like when Joe would leave the house with the car, we would track him everywhere. I followed him a couple of times because they didn't believe where he was going.
Speaker 2: Luke the kid goes to another state? What this is no joke? Luke Luke.
Speaker 1: All of a sudden, we're like, where's Luke? Luke's in Indiana? What what's going on here?
Speaker 2: It is so funny how we are so different. What's up, Lori?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 2: Hey, how are you? We're doing good?
Speaker 1: Do you find that you if if either your parents gave up or you gave up.
Speaker 4: Oh, I totally came up.
Speaker 8: My kids are thirty two.
Speaker 2: And twenty five and fifteen.
Speaker 7: Oh and my oldest, my daughter, you know, the youngest is real snarky, you know, and.
Speaker 2: He's not mean, but he talks back. And my daughter, the oldest, she's like, beat him.
Speaker 3: If I had said that to you when I was a kid, you would have.
Speaker 8: Beat my aunt.
Speaker 1: You know what it is though, And I don't know if you feel this way. Don't you feel blessed that you had your fifteen year old?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure. Yeah, like there's something like you're a good kid.
Speaker 1: Chelsea and I talked about this on our podcast that we don't podcast, which by the way, we have a new one today. I get really emotional talking about my dad. It was honestly, I hated that today's podcast. I hated it because it made me have these really interesting feelings all Father's Day. But we taped it on Father's Day and it was really interesting. I talked a lot about my dad having me live with my sisters.
Speaker 2: It was really interesting.
Speaker 1: But with that said, Chelse and I talk on our podcast about if we didn't have Luke, we probably wouldn't be together right now, Like we don't think that we would be married still, and there wouldn't be this chapter of our lives together because we only both stayed married for Luke because we didn't want Luke to have to deal with divorce when he was a little kid, and at our worst times were when he was like young, young, and so so with that said, I can see where you could relate to this with your thirty year old, you know, child and a fifteen year old child.
Speaker 5: You know. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, By the way, I actually wanted to do the whole go back to school with Luke And actually, you know, did you ever see the movie Back to School with Rodney Dangerfield at all?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, watch that movie. It's hysterical.
Speaker 1: He goes back to school to go hang out, his son goes to college, and he goes to college with him.
Speaker 2: Oh lord, you you a pledged state of kai. What would happen?
Speaker 1: And if next year I just go back to Michigan State and go to school and live with Luke, you think he would get crazy? And you would get crazy. You have to watch out for you. What's up, Liz, how you doing?
Speaker 9: Good morning?
Speaker 2: Good morning? What's going on?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 9: I just want to talk about the parenting situation.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, did you text us or what did you do? Did you call us?
Speaker 8: I called?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah you heard us talking about how you parent differently with kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 9: So I have a sister that's six years older than me. I have a brother that's two years older than me, and I believe that me and my siblings all got different parents from our mom and dad. We all have the same mom and dad, but the experience they had in life at the moment that each child was born was so different that we all grew up different and had completely different relationships.
Speaker 2: With our parents. What version did you get?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 9: I got the best because I'm the baby, the one I learned. But I learned a lot from watching my sister get in trouble and do the underage drinking and all that. So I learned my lesson from her getting in trouble.
Speaker 7: I feel that.
Speaker 4: And you know what, my parents didn't.
Speaker 9: Have to be as strict with me because they knew I knew better already.
Speaker 1: That's kind of Jacob and Joe's like, Jacob saw Joe get into a bunch of trouble and you know, go do his goofy stuff that he did, and Jacob kind of learned from that.
Speaker 2: Now, Luke, I don't think Luke was really paying attention. I really don't think he care because he knows you guys don't care.
Speaker 1: You know what the coolest is is seeing their dynamic together as uh as siblings and seeing how like Jacob is because he is a he's a psychologist and he does that for a living. Him giving the older or the you know, his older brother advice like from his professional standpoint and then giving Luke professional advice was amazing. It was like really cool this weekend. It was honestly professionals. He would actually, can I tell you something, it's so funny.
Speaker 4: It han't come in for a family therapy session.
Speaker 2: Would be cool.
Speaker 1: We have friends of ours that will occasionally or family members that will call Jacob up and go, hey, I just want to run something by you, and Jacob gives some really good advice.
Speaker 2: You should give them his billing.
Speaker 7: Free.
Speaker 1: You should have heard Luke with Jacob. He found out how much money Jacob made and he goes, I ain't enough you guys like, oh yeah, Luke. Luke's like Wolf of Wall Street, Like he's like, you should have gone into Stockbrokene or something like that.
Speaker 4: Very of