Speaker 1: There. Let's keep rolling six twenty one on a Thursday night at Long Necks in Hebrew, the Cincinnati, tex Resolution powered by Tope Show and round Table Show. It's presented by Postman Law a Lance but Calister Rocky Boyman Rocker opening thoughts on Joe Burrow that plays into our hot topic around the NFL this week, brought to you by Hudson Oil, fueling champions on and off the field. Let's continue that hot topic conversation with our next guest. Oh, what a week it's been for him covering the Bengals for c ands since he with the Wide dot Com host of the Jungle War podcast on YouTube. I can tell by his reaction. I hit the nail on the head Mike Petralia, how are you in a busy week for the Bengals.
Speaker 2: I'm outside an adult Uh well, I shouldn't say adult boy, that's uh.
Speaker 3: I wanted to.
Speaker 2: Say I'm outside an establishment in Loveland.
Speaker 3: As a matter of fact.
Speaker 2: Oh, hearing Aerosmith's Draymond, how appropriate with the Patriots in town this weekend one of Boston's finest bands. Of course, one of my very favorite songs of all time playing in the background as I speak to you, gentlemen, and by the way, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I was gonna So that was the question was going to be, what what do your tea leaves tell you about this situation with Joe Burrow.
Speaker 2: Well, I go back and forth every maybe fifteen to twenty minutes. Yes, no, yes, no, maybe maybe yes no. I would say at this point, yes he plays simply because I don't think the Bengals would list him full participation and go through the first team reps. And I think the strongest indication and if you check it out on my x page, the comments from t Higgins this afternoon about the look he gave T Higgins when t asked Joe if he were playing this weekend. It was a look and te later told us I took that look as a positive meaning yeah, I'm playing.
Speaker 3: So I don't know.
Speaker 2: T Higgins, you know, made it clear later in the interview that he doesn't know for sure one way or another.
Speaker 3: Only Joe knows that.
Speaker 2: But if you ask me right now on Thursday evening, three days before the game, I think Joe Burrow is going to try and go out and play for this reason. If the Bengals win the game. They are four and seven with a chance to go into Baltimore and still have a you know, a relevant shot at making a run in the AFC.
Speaker 3: North with a win in Baltimore.
Speaker 2: To lose the game, and whatever Joe Burrow does on Thursday night in Baltimore means nothing in terms of the team's playoff chances going forward.
Speaker 4: Well, in Tragie Lance and I were just saying, I find it hard to believe they would give up valuable practice reps and there's not like you get, you know, thousands of them during the course of a week. You know they would put Joe Burrow in on those reps and not another quarterback unless Burrow was playing. But let me ask you this, has there been any other medical updates on Joe Burrow or is he on what he's going to be wearing anything like that.
Speaker 2: And the only thing we know is what Burrow told us two Mondays ago, and that was that he's going to have some instrument in his left shoe to protect the tendon that was repaired below his left big toe.
Speaker 3: That's all we know.
Speaker 2: I will tell you that he looks like he's.
Speaker 3: Moving around really well.
Speaker 2: In the practice and he's throwing those off platform throws where he's leaning one way and throwing the other.
Speaker 3: He looks good doing that, and so take that for what you will. We don't get to see the practice.
Speaker 2: It's really important to understand that the practices in terms of the eleven and eleven work which he began this week, are closed to the media. Ted Carris reminded that reminded us of that this afternoon in the locker room. So you don't know what we're doing in practice, and we're not about to tell you right now.
Speaker 1: Traggs is I'm trying to figure out how to say this is Is this all about Joe being ready or is there any element of it being Joe Flacco isn't going to be ready? Do you know what I'm saying is this is all I did Burrow. It's not necessity because of Flacco.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 2: I think it's eighty percent having Joe Burrow ready, and okay, Joe Burrow is ready to go, then he's ready to go. Twenty percent is yeah, Joe Flacco's banged up and they would rather have I think Joe Burrow available. If he's available, then Jake browning at this point and that's not meant to be shot at Jake Browning. It is what it is. They would rather have Burrow available. I will tell you this, and I think it's important to keep this in mind in terms of, you know, the roster manipulation going into the weekend. You are not activating Joe Burrow to be Joe Flacco's backup. You are activating Joe Burrow if you do to start him on Sunday.
Speaker 3: Against New England. That would be my you know Nicol and dime kind of GM analysis.
Speaker 2: There that in roster evaluation analysis that if he's going to be activated, he's going to start and play against New England.
Speaker 4: All right, guys know Jamar Chase. So what's Zach Taylor said? What have you maybe seen it practice? Who's going to fill that role?
Speaker 3: So that's a great question. Uh, you know, you move everybody up one.
Speaker 2: T Higgins becomes the one, Andre Yo Sibosch becomes the two, and then you're looking at I think at mix Tinsley. They really trust Mitchell Tinsley uh to fill in that role as the third receiver in the offense. They've loved his work ethic, the way he's you know, put his nose to the grindstone ever since training camp. He didn't have a spot on the roster. He earned it and they love his attitude and I would expect Mitchell Tinsley to step into that role pretty fluidly. In terms of what could be behind Tinsley, You're looking at Charlie Jones, who also obviously has kick return and punt return responsibilities. And then what about Jermaine Burton. Is this the moment where he perhaps gets an opportunity to step into the role of, you know, an extra receiver on the roster or not. And I think it'll be very telling if he's activated Sunday or if he's not activated in terms of.
Speaker 3: What his role is on the team going forward.
Speaker 1: Treg's We obviously know the Bengals have a lot of work to improve this defense by next season. You've written about the Patriots who did a quick one offseason jolt of a turnaround of their defense.
Speaker 3: How have they gone about doing it well.
Speaker 2: They've brought in I believe it is Land, six free agents, two of which have played for Mike Brabole before. They've done it up and down, up and down the defense. One defensive lineman to go along with Christian Barmore, who Bengal fan should keep a very close eye on Sunday. He's one of the best defensive players on that team, no question. Then they remade their linebacking corps, which I think the Bengals really need to think about doing this year. I don't I'm not trying to trash the rookies Demetrius Knight Junior and Barrett Carter by any stretch, but those two need two or three veterans in alongside them to help them grow and not have everything thrown on their shoulders. The Patriots did that this year with their linebacking corps. And then they have a new safety and they have a new cornerback, and they just completely remade their attitude, remade their roster. They have a fly to the ball mentality, very aggressive Mike Rabele's defense. They like the blitz and you can see a little bit of that on Sunday. But they are the best run stopping team in the National Football League, allowing just over eighty four yards a game.
Speaker 1: All right, Trags, you're all over all of this that is unfolding with the Bengals. Tell listeners how they can read, watch it and follow along.
Speaker 2: All right online celns Sincy with a y dot com. You can see my latest story on whether or not Joe Burrow will play and reading the tea Leaves as you put at Lance that's up there now online. You can also check out all my locker room interviews, including today's interview with t Higgins that is up on the X at Trags t R A GF and of course my YouTube page for the Jungle War Bengals postgame pod along with Richard Skinner of Local twelve that is at YouTube dot com Slash Jungle.
Speaker 1: Rar Odd And I would add to that your Bengals apology letter story you wrote c l n S since you with the y dot com was superb and a must read.
Speaker 3: Very well done. I appreciate, appreciate you Lance.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much for saying that you are too kind.
Speaker 3: I have a great night, Trags. We'll talk.
Speaker 1: Uh, we'll be in touch because well, I got to see if you can talk on Wednesday or not because we're not here on Thursday. Say no, well my people will talk with your people.
Speaker 3: How's that rocky? You know me? Well?
Speaker 4: Thanks Drags.
Speaker 3: Bye,