Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason that Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 5: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 6: Look yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 3: Now your pregame host of the world Champion La Dodgers Tama Cats.
Speaker 7: Hi, everybody, and Happy Father'sday, Dodger Fance. Welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, your official Dodger pregame show. Dodgers forty nine and twenty eight on the season. After sweeping the Tampa Bay Rays, the Dodgers now go for the series win against the Baltimore Orioles in the rubber game of this three game series. Emt she and on the mountain, first pitch of Uniclowfield. The Dodger Stadium is coming up at one ten. Between then and now, We've got a lot to get to here. Casino Dodgers on Deck, You're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts, David Vat sagoes What on one with Dodger closer Edwin Diaz, who is making his way back from elbow's surgery. We'll preview this pitch matchup. Charlie Steiner checks in. We got your Dodgers magical moment. We'll visit with Kirsten Watson coming up in just a little bit. We got your Otani rewind and in just a few minutes we will head out to the Galloping four broadcast with with Tim Nevert.
Speaker 5: They had Rick Monday, well last night.
Speaker 7: The Dodgers offense was nowhere to be found until it was too late. Yoshinoba Yama Moto got the start last time out, almost threw a no hitter last night. Not so much in the second, y'am a mode give up back to back singles to start the inning. Then a fielder's choice got the Baltimore Oriols on the board and it won nothing lead and the fourth Oriols again back to back singles to start the inning. Two batters later, I'll walk to Mayo loaded the bases. Two batters later, Blaze Alexander a two run double, and just like that, the Baltimore Orioles had a three to nothing lead. Meanwhile, the Dodgers offense could not figure out Trevor Rodgers. The left hander had a no hitter through four. Tommy Evan finally broke that up in the fifth inning with a single in the center field. In the fifth, Rogers would go seven shotout inning, six strikeouts, just the one hit. In the ninth, Dodgers down three to nothing, looking for some offense somewhere, and it came from show Hey Otani a solo home run to lead off the inning, his sixteenth of the season.
Speaker 5: Dodgers down three to one.
Speaker 7: A few batters later, Dodgers had some runners on base, trying to make something happen.
Speaker 5: Two outs for Freddy Freeman.
Speaker 2: Can owns one. Oh pitch swung on a hit it to right field, that's.
Speaker 8: Gonna be caught and dropped. It's dropped. Here comes Freeman in the score bets to third. It's three to two. Leonti Taveres dropped the ball.
Speaker 2: Can you believe it? And it should have been a routine third out, game over. It's not over yet.
Speaker 5: Leona Taverares drops the ball.
Speaker 7: Freddy Freeman scores bets with say fifth third, Dodgers down three to two. That is a top tier play of the game, brought to you by ARCO quality, top tier Gays less Dodgers. With the tie run ninety feet away, Kyle Tucker a chance to tie things up, maybe walk off the Orioles. He struck out game over Baltimore, hangs on for the win three to two. Dodgers fall to forty nine and twenty eight, still a nine game lead in the NL West, going into play today on Father's Day, and today Immit Sheen on the mount in this series finale, first pitch of one to ten and with more we head out to the galloping Ford Broadcast booth as we a happy Father's Day to bout Tim Neverertt and Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Guys, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Tim.
Speaker 9: We're getting you ready for the Dodgers and the Orioles, the rubber game of this three game series, an interleague clash. As the Dodgers fell last night three to two. They played five straight one run games. Now it's been pretty interesting around this ballpark the last five games, but they have come out ahead in four those five, and today we'll send Emmitt Shean to them on the right hander three and four with a four to seventy six Era Brandon Young goes for the Orioles.
Speaker 2: He's five and two with a three to one eight earned run average.
Speaker 9: So the Dodgers and the Orioles go at it today. Last night, the Dodgers had a chance to win it in the end, Kyle Tucker struck out with the tying run at third base with Mookie Betts over there, and the Dodgers just couldn't push that tying run in well.
Speaker 4: Orioles tried to hand it back a couple of different times in that game, and the second time in two nights that they tried to do it in the ninth inning. It was like playing hot pitato there for a while, but the Dodgers filled short. In fact, for the Dodgers, not too many opportunities. They were zero for three with runners in scoring position, and for Boldemort not much better. They were one for five, but they made it hold up. And for Yamamoto, he went six innings, but he made one hundred and two pitches in that ballgame, and he just did not have the command of that strike zone tim that we normally become accustomed to.
Speaker 9: His splitter just didn't do its job, didn't do what it normally does. Last night, for one reason or another. That happens with pitchers from time to time where their best stuff just isn't there and you got to find another way to get outs. He was still pretty good, but just not good enough. Last night his countryman show, Hey o'tani was back in the lineup in a ninth inning home run, and for Otana, he now shares the team lead in homers with Max Munsey with sixteen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've been from Tom tole the order down to the bottom. A little different order today. Chuckie Robinson will be batting in the nine spot. He's doing the catching, and Ryan Ward back in left field again For the Dodgers, they just need to make more adjustments. Not really patient last night, in particular with aspeed bitches thrown by the left handed Trevor Rodgers, who really maneuvered his way through seven very strong innings, allowed just one base hit during his appearance.
Speaker 9: A couple of injury updates. As far as the Dodgers aren't concerned, Will Smith will not travel with the club today after the game to Minnesota. In fact, Dave Roberts saying that he will not be on this road trip at all. It's a three city trip, so a long trip. Will Smith will miss He is expected to begin baseball activities next week, and it's very likely he'll have a rehab assignment before rejoining the club. So you're looking at a couple of weeks at least for will Smith at this point in time, but not for ta Oscar Hernandez. He'll join Oklahoma City tomorrow, he'll have his rehab start on Tuesday, and then we'll join the team in Sacramento on the last leg of this road trip.
Speaker 4: Well, that's going to be good news and get tailed back in there. And I think especially too with the right handed batter, because if we look at the lineup today, for example, the Dodgers have one, two, three, four, five, six left handed batters plus Freeland, the switch hitter. In this particular lineup, they're a little bit void right now in right handed hitting, especially if it's coming off the band. So if you're looking at more depth, that's something that we looked forward to. But the Dodgers, they understand full well. They won six of the last ten and they start today with a nine game lead over the second place Sandy Go and Andres in the Nation League Western Division.
Speaker 9: Dodgers and Orioles first pitch coming up.
Speaker 7: Tim, All right, thank you guys, as we cut you down to first pitch on this Father's Day, Dodger fans, get your game day meal on at shake his feet to parlor Shaky's Pizza Chack and the Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from the Dodger manager, Dave Roberts. You're gonna hear from Edwin Diaz. We'll check in with David Bassa, of course, who's also on sports and at LA today. Speaking of sports in at LA, we'll check it with Kirsten Watson next year, Otani Rerund as well. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Orioles on this Father's Day.
Speaker 5: Happy Father's Day, everybody. First pitch coming up at one ten.
Speaker 7: I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Oh do you a newhere?
Speaker 3: This is Wrongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: Dodgers and Orioles on his Father's Day image. She and Brandon Young the pitching matchup to wrap up this series. First pitch coming up at one ten.
Speaker 10: This is the Otani rewhyd and Otani swings hits a Hi try deep right center field back to the world on a home run for Old Tony.
Speaker 2: Show Hey, Old Tony.
Speaker 9: Home run number sixteen am the Dodgers on the board three.
Speaker 7: To one, show Hey Otani and the ninth Inny launched a solo home run to center field, his sixteenth home run of this season. Otani now shares the top spot for the club's most home runs with Max Munsey. Unfortunately, the Dodgers would lose last night three to two.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 7: Hey Kirson now joins us, brought to you by Cars for Kids, easiest way to get rid of your old car. Donate today your car could be picked up tomorrow. Donate now at carsfour Kids dot Org. All Right, Kirsons. The rubber game of this three game series last night. The Dodgers offense was m I A until the ninth inning.
Speaker 5: Even then, the ti in run was ninety feet away.
Speaker 11: Yeah, when you look at just how the game started, first, you do have to take your cap to Trevor Rodgers. He was excellent for the Orioles. So, you know, with talking to the guys last night, instatly talking to me Gail Rojas, he was saying that he just felt that they came in with one game plan against Trevor Rogers, and ultimately what they had planned for Trevor went with a different plan of his own, and so they were unable to really make those adjustments as to how they wanted to and in those situations sometimes you really do just have to tip your cap. Obviously, we know what happened there in the ninth they were able to really get things going. You felt a shift in momentum. So even with that Shoho Tani home run, it felt like that was kind of the moment of like, oh wow, this could happen. We've seen this team come from behind so many times now. But ultimately they just fell really, they just fell short of As you mentioned, you had the tying run ninety feet away, So ultimately it was a tough loss last night. I know the guys were a little bit frustrated because Yoshinobu, as much as he didn't have his best stuff, he's still someone that even when he's grinding through an outing, he still wanted to give you an opportunity and a quality start. So for him to get through six only giving up three to one runs, you know, there is opportunity for the offense to find a way to fight back, but unfortunately they just couldn't. So hopefully today they can look to get things going early. That will be the key to the offense.
Speaker 7: After the game today, Dodgers will hit the road and head to Minneapolis to start a nine game road trip. And as they leave, a couple of guys not going with them to Oscar Hernandez and Will Smith, but two guys going in kind of opposite directions on the IL.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so let's start with Taskar Hernandez. So for him, the good news is that he's going to be meeting the OKC team, so he's going to be starting his rehab assignment. He shared with me that he's going to be playing on Tuesday, so traveling tomorrow after he enjoys Father's Day of course with his family. So he's in a.
Speaker 5: Really good spot.
Speaker 11: He so that he feels really good. There's no concern when it comes to that hamstring right now. But this rehab assignment will be just a good test for how he can really get that going in a game atmosphere, game feel, so that's good news for him. The other guy we should also add in that good news conversation is brock Stewart. We should be seeing him activated to start this road trip, so that's a huge sign as well. On the other one, it's for Will Smith. We know with his next inflammation, it's just taking a little bit longer than they had hoped. You know, ultimately they were hoping he was going to come off with the IELT after this ten days stint, so that would have been during this Oriole series, but unfortunately he's just still not right there. He's going to have another shot, which should haff sets about the pain, but until he can get that going into a full day in which he feels genuinely better, they're going to give him a little bit more time. So he is getting closer and he's you know, when I recently spoke to the other day, he did say that he is starting to feel better, but he's just not fully there and they want him to be at one hundred percent, so it's not worth the risk of him getting hurt again.
Speaker 7: No doubt, no need to come back early, get healthy, and get ready for the second half of the season.
Speaker 5: Kirston, We appreciate it. We'll check you with you after the game.
Speaker 7: Still the time here on Wrongo Casino Dodges on Deck will dive deeper in this pitcheat matchup.
Speaker 5: We'll check it with Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 7: David Vatsay goes one on one with Edwin Diaz, Dodger closer, who is trending in the right direction injury wise. But up next we'll get you an injury report and we'll hear from the Dodger manager himself. Dave Roberts is the Dodgers and Orioles on this Father's.
Speaker 5: Day, first pitch of one ten.
Speaker 7: I'm Tim Katson's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deech.
Speaker 1: On, your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 7: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Father's Day as we lead you up to the Dodgers and the Orioles Marongo Casino Resort. It's by Grand Slam four good times image. She and Brandon Young the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at one ten.
Speaker 3: This it's the La Dodgers injury report.
Speaker 7: Lake trending on the IL with the right elbow inflammation. Will Smith on the IL as Kirsen alluded to not heading on the road trip with this Dodgers for the next three series to Oscar Hernandez heading out on a minor league rehabit. Simon more on that with David Bessey coming up, Key Hernandez on the I L at the left oblique injury. Brock Stewart looks like he could be activated as early as tomorrow and head to the Dodgers to Minneapolis with the three game series against the Twins. Tyler glass Ow not progressing. Evan Phillips looks like the next man who could be in line to return sometime in July. Let's head back out to the stadium and checking with the Dodger skipper anything.
Speaker 12: Do you think the questions for Dave Dave?
Speaker 2: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 5: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 6: Any, I mean, it's kind of hard to ignore the air quality outside when he heard from the league team about.
Speaker 3: The safety I'm playing today.
Speaker 13: From what I from what I've heard is we're we're going to move forward. We're not in any jeopardy and so the league as of now feel like we're going to just play game, will start on time.
Speaker 6: When do you say jeopardy?
Speaker 10: Just as far as like the air.
Speaker 13: Quality to air quality, just making sure we're all healthy. Yeah, and the fans. It's a little little dark out there, little Gotham city. But I just when I was driving up. But you know, I'm hopeful that the information we're getting is right.
Speaker 3: Day the other night talked about, you know, the team not necessarily playing its best and maybe missing some opportunities to break open games.
Speaker 1: What do you think needs to change?
Speaker 13: I just think that we just got to have a better approach or plan with respect to the game situation, who's on the mound, and then go out there and conduct, you know, a good at bat. Not always going to get the results. But I just think that we're just missing at times the layer of the right approach in that particular situation.
Speaker 14: Why do you.
Speaker 3: Think that is maybe drifted this week?
Speaker 13: It's it's it's you know, it's everywhere in baseball to be quite on. And but my concern is our team, and so I don't know the answer, and it's just and it happens sporadically with all teams our team, but in these particular cases, I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: You know, cool Smith will travel with you guys as for trip.
Speaker 13: He will not travel with.
Speaker 11: Us here Alston, Yes, Yes, hopeful prognosis over the next two weeks for him.
Speaker 13: The hopeful prognosis is he starts doing baseball activity next week and doesn't have any kind of ill effects from from playing, and then you know, we get them back. So I would see us getting them back when we get back from the road, just assuming it kind of trends the way it has been training the last couple of days.
Speaker 7: All Right, there's the manager, Dave Roberts given more of an injury update presented by UCLA healthy official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Still to come here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We're gonna hear from Edwin Diaz. We'll check in with Charlie Steiner, but I'm next we visit with David Vasse. Get the very latest from the field a Uniclo field the Dodger Stadium as we lead jump to Dodgers and Oils on this Father's Day. I'm Tim Kates' is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers on your network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: It's the Dodgers and Orioles on this Sunday afternoon image. She and Brandon Young. The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at one ten. Dodgers Baseball brought to buy El Pateo, born in La and made for your game day. L Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces, salsas and hot saucers right to your plate every single time.
Speaker 5: El Poto Gourmet in a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 12: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger inside there. David all right, DV.
Speaker 7: Happy Father's Day to you, and I know Father's Day a special day for all the Dodger players and coaches.
Speaker 15: This certainly is. And two guys that really stand out him on Father's Day is Andy Paez, who has not been able to speak to his father in some time, and still his father in Cuba has not been able to see his son play, and he's hoping that changes very soon. And also another one is Freddie Freeman. We know that Freddie and his dad are really tight. Freddie lost his mom when he was ten years old to cancer, and Freddie's dad has been his rock ever since, doing basically everything, including being the guy that got him focused on baseball, diving into that after his mother's passing, and still to this day being Freddie's best hitting coach. Whenever Freddy's in a slump or needs something, he goes to his dad, and his dad, Freddie has said, is always about positivity and who could forget after Freddie's walk off Grand Slam in Game one of the twenty four World Series running over to high five his dad and give him a hug through the fence behind a home plate, And even earlier this year in San Diego, Freddie's dad was sitting at the far end of the Dodger dugout in the seats right next to them, and after he hit a home run, he went to high five his dad. So a real special bond between Freddie and his dad, no doubt about it.
Speaker 7: David is brought to you by Ford Here for those who build America, especially those who believe that given everything today, we'll pay off tomorrow, those who will drive America forward for two hundred and fifty years to come. Right now, Ford is offering employee pricing to everyone American value. For American values, go to Southern California Ford Dealer today or visit by Ford now dot com for more information. The Dodgers will head off to Minneapolis after the game today, but to Oscar Hernandez, David not going with him.
Speaker 15: No, he's going out on a rehab assignment. To Oscar, Hernandez was out here earlier running the bases again and not just running them, but running them with a purpose, trying to score from second base, simulating stealing a base, and out here throw with Dino Ebols. So tay Oscar said, they have put him through more work during this rehab a sigmon to make sure that he left hamstring is good to go than he even put in during the off season, and he put in a lot of work. So ta Oscar Hernandez is heading out on a rehab appearance, and there's a very strong chance that it all goes well. Tay Oscar could rejoin the Dodgers as soon as the second leg of this road trip in San Diego.
Speaker 7: That would be big if they can get him back in left field. David, the struggle is real right now for Kyle Tucker. It wasn't just that last at bat in the ninth inning with the time run ninety feet away.
Speaker 15: Yeah, Kyle Tucker has been struggling, and last night was a big part of that. Three strikeouts, zero for four last night, and nobody seems to answer the reason why Tucker is swinging at the first pitch of at bats more than ever before. Over fifty four percent of the time he's swinging at the first pitch. So that's still something that we got to get deeper into. But obviously Kyle Tucker is a much better player than what he has shown so far, no.
Speaker 5: Doubt about it. David.
Speaker 7: Great Stuff will check back in with you in just a little bit. Dave's gonna go high and tight with Edwin Diaz coming up in about fifteen minutes still to come here, we'll have deep for this pitching matchup. But up next your Dodgers magical moment. Then we'll hear from Charlie Steiner. So we lead jump to Dodgers and Oriols on this Father's Day. First pitch at one ten, I'm tim Kass the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers, Baseball.
Speaker 7: Dodgers and Orioles on this Sunday rubber game of this three games sent em it. She and Brandon Young. The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at one ten.
Speaker 3: Dog who wants a hot It's time for the Hawfey Magical Moment.
Speaker 1: Pitch Magical presented by Hawby Hot Times.
Speaker 5: We ought to go back very far.
Speaker 7: We go back to Friday Night Dodgers in the ninth Indian with a little magic against the Baltimore Orioles.
Speaker 9: Call leads at second ward at first, two outs from the one to two pitch to rushing.
Speaker 2: He swings and rips it into right field. That's a base hit. Carl comes around third. Here's the throne of the pike.
Speaker 8: Call slides, here's sake and the Pagets are right here comes Ard.
Speaker 1: Dodgers win. Dodgers win.
Speaker 8: They come back and win for the twenty third time this year the Dodgers have come back to win six to five. The Dodgers win their forty ninth game of the season.
Speaker 2: The hull from right field from Todder O'Neill.
Speaker 8: Got away, and that allowed Lord to store the game winning run.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the Dodgers will take it, and RBI singled to tie it from Dalton rushing. But then the heir to win is the Dodgers walked off the Orioles on Friday night. The Hofey Magical Woman brought to by Hoffey Hot Dog Toffee, so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Toffee Hot talks local and so great. Let's head back out to the ravine, David Vase standing by with him very special guests.
Speaker 6: Well, it wouldn't be Father's Day without Michael Milken and the Home Run Challenge thirty one years strong, bringing awareness and doing a lot of great scientific research to fund all that due to the Home Run Challenge.
Speaker 12: Great to have you back at Dodger Stadium. It's great to be here and we're very lucky.
Speaker 16: I have a conversation with Commissioner every year, telling him how it's so important that Dodgers are at home on Father's Day.
Speaker 6: And remind us every Dodger home run, how much goes to cancer research?
Speaker 16: Thirty thousand for every Dodger home run fifty thousand in addition for a Grand Slam.
Speaker 6: How much has this meant to you over the last thirty one years to be able to raise so much awareness for prostate cancer and also so many medical achievements to try to help, you know, not only curate, manage it over the course of the last thirty one years with your wife by your side.
Speaker 16: Well, there are four million men today in America who we didn't think we're going to make it a living normal lives that have had prostay cancer due to the number one awareness program in America about getting checked the Dodgers in Major League Baseball.
Speaker 12: I guess sho Heyo Tani has really helped out on Father's.
Speaker 16: Day, he has well, see how he does today. He hasn't made all the thirty one Father's days, but he's you know, he's picking up his face, and I guess he had his second.
Speaker 12: Child this week, that's right. And all he did was home run.
Speaker 6: Hit a home run yesterday, So we're looking for another one today from him and the other Dodgers. Thirty one years ago, when you started the Prostay Cancer Foundation and started the home run Challenge, did you ever expected to make the difference that it's made well.
Speaker 12: We studied two things.
Speaker 16: One, men don't get checked. You had a simple blood test like checking your cholesterol, but men don't go to the doctor. And so we thought the great American pastime, come out to the ballpark, remind your dad, grandfather, uncle, nextdoor, neighbor, brother to get that simple blood test. So the combination of Major League Baseball and the awareness, particularly by the Dodgers and other teams has made a difference. And I expected the growth, but then I had a lot of friends by baseball teams, including the Dodgers, which has helped propel it.
Speaker 6: Also thanks a lot for coming out to Dodger Stadium. Thanks a lot for thirty one years of bringing awareness to prostate cancer and trying to get checked and also finding a solution so men can move on with their lives and be great dads.
Speaker 12: So thank you. Well, that is the theme, keep dad in the game.
Speaker 16: That's where we started and that's why we're here to at Dodgers Stadium, and we're looking for the day that you'll have your thirty one day here at Dodgers Say.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Michael, thanks a lot for coming out, and it's a great day for the home run showing your blue.
Speaker 10: Here we go.
Speaker 12: There we go, Father's Day Blue for the dads.
Speaker 6: We'll send it back to you.
Speaker 5: All right, thanks a lot, DV.
Speaker 7: And we continue here on Morogo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We'll check you out with Charlie Steiner. So leads up to first pitch on this Father's Day Dodgers and Oriols.
Speaker 5: I'm Tim Kaates. It's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Tech on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 7: Dodgers and Orioles getting ready to square off on this Father's Day image Shehan takes him.
Speaker 5: I'm looking for his first win since May fourteenth time.
Speaker 7: Now for the Verizon startup is we are thirty three minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low price for three years so you can save big.
Speaker 5: Visit your So Cal Verizon store today. We say hello to Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 2: All right, Tim, on this Father's Day.
Speaker 14: The Dodgers getting ready to play Game seventy eight against the Orioles, the rubber game of the three game series Baltimore. The three to two winners last night, and looking into the ninth inning, it almost seemed as if the Orioles.
Speaker 17: Said to the Dodgers, please take this game. Yeah, here he is taking it from us. Here it is on a golden platter. But unfortunately the Dodgers dropped the golden platter. I mean, you expect the third out as Tommy Edmund had bolt to right field, but Tavera has just claimed it in and out of the glove. The Dodgers had a chance, and you say, well, wait a minute, deja vu all over again, maybe from Friday night. Well it did not happen.
Speaker 4: And for the Orioles, I mean, Charlie're absolutely right. When you start to look at you different divisions, in particular in the American League, you have to ask yourself, if you scratch your head, what on earth is going on? Or more importantly, what on earth is not going on with most of these ball clubs.
Speaker 14: In fact, only four teams in the American League are for five hundred, the Yankees and the Rays, the Guardians and the White Sox. The White Sox are three over. Everybody else is five hundred or below. And so the question always comes up when things like this happen and they're happening this year? Is it parody p A r it y or parody par od y? I mean, right now, it's silly. You know, the Rays are a great team, the Yankees are a great team, and.
Speaker 2: So are the Dodgers. And after that, what's going on here?
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, you gave two different spellings. How about bad bad? There's some bad teams out there evidently, or they're playing very poorly one of the things. And is it too soon to be looking at the wild card standings? Because if you're in the league the divisions, for example, if you look at the American League Central Division, I mean, I've got one team two teams that are above the five hundred mark the West. I mean it's even as Seattle's leading it by half game in front of the A's and the Mariners are five hundred team thirty nine and thirty nine. So yes, you're looking at third and fourth place teams right now. They're saying, hey, the wild card still gives us a reason to come to the ballpark.
Speaker 14: Not so the Dodgers, of course, at forty nine and twenty eight, a nine game advantage over the Padres, nine and a half over the Diamondbacks, and so here are the Dodgers feeling awfully good about themselves as they hit the road be three in Minnesota, three in San Diego, and three in West Sacramento for the Athletics. And so the Dodgers are playing well, but again, considering who they're playing, are they playing great?
Speaker 4: Yeah, They're not playing great. The defense has been great, the pitching now is a little bit sketchy. And for Yamamoto last night, six innings, but it took him one hundred and two pitches. He got tagged with a loss, giving up to three runs on own one base hit that was a two run to double by the number nine batter in the fourth inning. But this Dodger bunk club too, Charlie. They did not help themselves at all last night. They were zero for three with runners in scoring position. Not too many adjustments were made. And are we going to see now teams maybe the scot reporter and say, hey, look, Trevor Rodgers, the lefty who pitched against them last night, kept him up balanced with all speed stuff, didn't really challenge him a whole lot with fastballs. And is that a key ingredients to get to the Dodgers offense?
Speaker 14: Rogers went seven innings last night, no runs in a hit, struck out six, walk two. The Birds took a three to nothing lead into the bottom half of the ninth inning. And so today it's going to be emmitts Shean going against Brandon Young. Shean is still looking to find his equilibrium. One start okay, next start, not so much. Brandon Young, on the other hand, is a very good pitcher who may not know a whole lot about five and two in a three eighteen er.
Speaker 4: Yeah, had tough loss to Tuesday in Seattle. The Mariners won netball game three to one. But here's the other thing about Brandon Young. We'll talk about it more in the pregame show, but you know, eighty two percent of his strinthouts and I made note of this, eighty two percent of his strinthouts this year had been pitches out of the strike zone. So he has had hitters expand the zone. That's what the Dodgers did last night, and they need to be more selective, which has really been one of the keys to their offensive really accomplishments to this point.
Speaker 14: Well, the Dodgers have gone thirty five consecutive games without back to back losses, So that's a rubber game of the three game series. Dodgers would like to keep that street going, win the series, hit the road, next stop, Minnesota.
Speaker 5: Tim all right, thank you, Charlie.
Speaker 7: Dodgers Baseball for sented by uniclod Field at Dodger stadiums at uniclode dot com. Slash you still to come here on Dodgers on Deck before first bench, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup in this rubber game of the three game series. But up naturally going to hide it with Edwin Diaz, Dodger closer. How's he feeling after the elbows surgery? Is starting to throw bullpen sessions. We'll find out when we return Dodgers and Oriols on this Father's Day. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio.
Speaker 3: Now, as we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: It's a Dodgers and Orioles squaring off rubber game of this three game series. Image she and Brandon Young to pitching matchup. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parlor. The official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day at Shaky's dot com.
Speaker 3: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 5: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 2: This is high and tight.
Speaker 6: All right, We're inside the Dodger Clubhouse with Dodger closer Edwin Diz celebrating his first Father's.
Speaker 12: Day as a Dodger. Your happy Father's day, father of three.
Speaker 18: Thank you, thank you, appreciate it.
Speaker 12: Hey, great breath on a Father's Day too, Thank you for doing that for us.
Speaker 18: Yeah, yeah, yes, time on point.
Speaker 12: How much does being a dad mean to you?
Speaker 2: It means a lot.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 18: I got three kids, three boys. You know, I enjoy my time with them, and I learned a lot from them, so I'm really happy to be that father. I'm also enjoying the time with them.
Speaker 6: Can you explain what it was like when you had your first child, to become a father for the first time.
Speaker 18: What's amazing, you know. You know, as a kid you always dream to have kids and show them how to live the life. And being able to so hold young to have my first son and try to teach him the good things, good giving good advice to him, and it's been great, So I'd be really proud.
Speaker 6: How how my kids are growing up feels like a lot of us we try to be better dads, even though we may have had a good one, we try to be better. How much does that inspire you to be a father, maybe the to do as much as your dad did for you, and maybe more.
Speaker 18: You know, I was I was lucky. I had a good father and he teached me a lot of good teams. You know, my father did great job for me and my brothers, so I was just trying to keep in the same path with him.
Speaker 5: You know what he teached me.
Speaker 18: I tried to teach my kid because he teached me good team and that's why I'm here right.
Speaker 1: Now and doing.
Speaker 12: How much did your dad play into you loving baseball?
Speaker 1: A lot?
Speaker 18: I think my both parents that was on me to play baseball. You know, they took me to my first practice, took me to my first game, saying that they always support me and was trying to help me always to be better personal, better player.
Speaker 6: How much did you play catch? How much did your dad teach you to be the guy that you are right now and all star, one of the best closers in the game.
Speaker 1: A lot a lot.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 18: As a kid, you know, I always was with my mom and my dad. My dad was practicing, practicing us and now I still in the big list. But my father give me a lot of advice. You know, you watch every game every time when he sees something, he tried to give me a God buys, try to give get me better.
Speaker 12: How much has your dad helped you through this injury process?
Speaker 1: A lot a lot.
Speaker 18: You know they've been there always.
Speaker 1: You know, he knows.
Speaker 18: I was in the sidelines a little bit and always talk to him and give me go up by keep keep working hard. We're hugging the in that process to come back stronger than ever.
Speaker 3: Edwin.
Speaker 6: The other day we saw you throw a bullpen session. It looked like you could have pitched the ninth and in two days ago. Where are you as far as getting closer to the returning You.
Speaker 18: Know, doing great. You know I threw my first bullpen on Friday. I was really good, you know, over my expectations. You know, I was settecting those something and I was way easier than than than I expect doing it. So I'm really happy. You know, I'm going in the right direction, and I can't wait to complete my rehab and be back with the team as soon as possible.
Speaker 12: When would that be, I ho after the Astar.
Speaker 18: Break, you know, being with the team and keep keep rolling with them and help this thing to win hour series.
Speaker 6: Do you think you have to go on a rehab appearance before the All Star Breaker? You think that also happens after All Star break?
Speaker 18: Now before before that, you know, I start throwing bullpens. My first whoopen was great. I feel healthy. I keep playing catch every single day, you know, my routine, and just now keep throwing bullpens, throw couple life and then go through have assignment and hopefully after the Brady back.
Speaker 6: You were talking about how it just wasn't feeling right the command of the fastball. Have you noticed the difference since having your procedure.
Speaker 18: Yeah, my arm feel way better.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 18: Now I can't stand my own better, I can't finish my pitchers better. The other and Friday, my father was great, you know, was way better than before. So that's a good sign.
Speaker 6: All right, we can't wait to see you back closing out the ninth inning for the Dodgers, but your bullpen has been holding it down while you have not been here.
Speaker 12: You got to give them some love.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I can't wait to be back and get them some love. And all those guys, you know, they've been busting their us, you know, and working hard every single day and putting zeros and can't wait to way with them and help them too, to keep putting saup with them.
Speaker 6: Thanks a lot for the time. Happy Father's Day, and we'll see you after the All Star break. Thank you, thank appreciating very he is the man Edwin dis will send it back to you all right.
Speaker 5: Thanks a lot.
Speaker 1: DV.
Speaker 7: Good to hear that Edwin is trending in the right direction and soon closing out Dodger games once again. He leads up to first pitch to Dodgers and Orioles on this Father's Day. When we come back, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim kass Is, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio nowhere.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunts game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: Dodgers and Orioles getting ready to square off rubber game of this three game series, and the Dodgers will hit the road. First pitch from Uniclo Field, that Dodger Stadium is coming up a one to ten first pitch Dodgers and Orioles coming up in about fifteen minutes.
Speaker 3: And now before the Dodgers hit the dinack, we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 5: Brought to you by your Toyota dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 7: Brandon Young on the Mount five and two three eighteen e R twenty seven year old right hander, second season in the big leagues. He was undrafted in twenty twenty at the University of Louisiana, making his twelve start this year. Fastball, mid nineties, split finger, slider, sinker, curb balk throws out fastball about forty percent of the time. Last time out, six innings, three runs, four hits, He walked four in a loss to the Mariners. Over his last five starts since May twenty fourth, Brandon Young has held left headed hitters to a one sixty nine average. He is making his first career start against the Dodgers, in fact, his first time facing an NL West opponent, the only division he has never faced. Emmett Shean goes for the Dodgers in this finale of this three game series. He's three and four, four to seventy six. Erra, the twenty six year old right hander now in his fourth season in the big leagues. He is finally healthy and in this rotation and really having an up and down season. Makes a couple of good starts and has a setback, then has a good start, setback. Making his fourteenth start this year, looking for his first win in over a month May fourteenth. He's owing three in the month of June, with a four to ninety seven LA last time out. Five innings, three runs, four hits, eight strikeouts. That one wasn't a loss in Chicago to the White Sox last weekend for Im and Shean. It's his second career start against the Baltimore Orioles, after he took them out against them back on July seventeenth, twenty twenty three. He got the win at Camden Yards. He went five innings, he allowed four runs on five hits, but the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: And Immitt Shean were able to get the win. Emmett Shean and Brandon Young.
Speaker 7: The pitching matchup Dodgers and Orioles were fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game with Tim and Moe are coming up next. I'm Tim Katson. This the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 7: It's the Dodgers and the Baltimore or b final game of this three game series. This homestand started with a three games sweep with the Tampa Bay Rays. Dodgers a walk off win on Friday Nights had a chance to almost come back and win last night before losing three to two to the Baltimore Oriols. So today the rubber game of this three game series, final game of the homestand image she and Brandon Young.
Speaker 5: The pitching matchup. First pitch is coming up at one ten.
Speaker 7: As we get you ready for the start of the game with the Supporos, start great moments.
Speaker 5: Start with Sapporo beer.
Speaker 7: Yeah, whatever your taste preference on this Father's Day, Soaporo has you covered with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beer, Sapporo, good Wiz, sushi, great with baseball all right before first pitch, we head back out to the booth one final time check in with Tim Neffertt and Rick Monday.
Speaker 9: Guys, Tim, thanks again, we get you ready for this one here at Uniclo Field at Dodgers Stadium under what appears to be overcast Guys. Dave Roberts addressing a question about the Fires during his press for a short time ago, saying that the league says that we're going for it'll be an on time start and that we should be okay to play today. So that's the plan right now is Emmit Sheen gets set to take on Brandon Young and Emitts. Sheen at three and four and a four to seventy six earn run average, looks to keep this Orioles team at bay here this afternoon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and is there any really big deal with the drop off in velocity? It's not by much, but after winning four of his first five starts in May, the Dodgers are zero and three now and she AND's three starts he's had in June and not really really on top of the game as far as commanding the strike zone his last time out on the South side of Chicago.
Speaker 9: Now, the Orioles have done well in games that Brandon Young has started. They are nine and two in his starts, and the Dodger hitters expecting to see a lot of fastballs out of Young. First day of summer, the summer solstice Today, it's also Father's Day, so a happy Father's Day to all that it applies to the Dodgers and the oriel getting set for this interleague game.
Speaker 2: Tim back to you, all right, thank.
Speaker 5: You very much.
Speaker 7: Dodgers start the day nine games up on the San Diego Padres, nine and a half games up on the Arizona Diamondbacks, both teams already in action. They're going to the bottom half of the fifth inning in Arlington, the Rangers with a four to three lead over the Padres. Meanwhile, bottom of the third inning in the Desert, the Arizona Diamondbacks an early two to nothing lead over the Minnesota Twins. We'll keep an eye on those games as a Dodger with a win and a loss from the Padres and Diamondbacks can extend their lead the division even more. I'll be back with all the postgame festivities when this game is over, all the highlights, postgame reaction, of course, Dodger talk as well. Emmit Sheen takes them out. When we come back, it's a rubber game of this three game series, final game in the homestand Dodgers and Orioles, Happy Fathers Day, everybody. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion. Dodgers Audio Network