Speaker 1: The Jay Weber Podcast is presented by Creative Planet, helping clients simplify their journey to financial wellness, one personalized plan at a time. The j Weber Podcast is a production of iHeartRadio Podcasts.
Speaker 2: The Day and Welcome. I am Jay Weber. I'm hoping to have a mix of interesting news and analysis for you today. First I want to go to producer Gregory John because he tells me people are asking about our social media profiles are x handles and he posts on Facebook on my behalf. So greg, what is your Twitter handle? And what is my Twitter handle or x uber?
Speaker 3: All right, all right, okay, so mine is greg at Gregory John. There's no agent, there's is j O N Gregory John. And yours is at J Weber and the number three. And now why didn't you just get a regular Jay Weber? What happened this started?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I started this Twitter account, went back when it was Twitter, and so early that I started on my own and it wasn't even affiliated with the station, and then it became affiliated with the station. It just kind of got lost in the wash. I'm not sure I've never been verified, officially verified on x so I'm not really paying attention to this account as much as I should. But I as you know, I'm on it every day. I'm seeing what people post every day. You can interact with me there every day. But in terms of the mechanics of it, I've really paid too much attention.
Speaker 3: And here's a great opportunity for folks to, you know, actually share your podcast, so you know, follow Jay and follow me too because I share the podcast.
Speaker 4: So that's that's that's a great way to converse back and forth.
Speaker 2: It is, and we're there daily posting. So all right, Assassination attempt number three occurred a few days ago already, but it's still the dominant news topic. And since I have some unique musings related to that, I'm going to spend a few minutes on that today. You know, I think the most important point to be made of this shooter is one that I've heard all sorts of pundits make, and they're right based on this guy's manifesto. The guy who was so motivated to kill President this time was just one of today's sort of garden variety Democrats, and by that I mean he believed everything that the Democrats have been spouting on CNN and MSNBC and Blue Sky frears. I mean every false and outrageous smear the left has used to vilify Trump. This guy believed and regurgitated right back and in the name, in the same phraseology that the Democrats have been using so kind of hard to deny that they're poisoning the public arena. When this guy is parroting back exactly what they've been saying about Donald Trump, stretching back ten years.
Speaker 3: And it blows my mind that even after that manifesto came out, everybody's coming out and saying, oh, this was all staged.
Speaker 4: It was another staged event.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that too, is just frustrating and a symptom of social media and how people can just exist in their own little bubbles. But Greg, if there's an undercovered story related to Saturday's excitement that I want to mention to you, it's about how many reporters grabbed full bottles of wine and champagne off of the tables as they left. I know I would see these images Ben and i'se images on social media.
Speaker 3: Ben and I were talking about this earlier today that on the air that Yeah, but to be honest, you got to remember these are all Press Corp.
Speaker 4: People. Of course they're going to take the free bottles of wine.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: It just it kills me. Though you've seen the image of so media, some of you after living through this scare, after hearing gunshots and hiding under the table for a few minutes. A bunch of these reporters, after they stood up were told they could leave, grabbed the liquor off the table and dropped it into their handbags or shuffled out with it. They were slammed on it for X and Facebook, and rightly so, I mean, if you're going to steal the hotel's liquor, what are you doing, you cheap skate. But it was also a little of an insight to these people who pretend to be our betters and pretend to be the truth tellers and those who have the moral compass to election to the rest of us. I laugh though, because I think we all know someone who does this for people our age. Greg. It was normally nana or someone who'd lived through the depression era who was going to take the rest of the dinner rolls home or able to catch up packets.
Speaker 5: Ah, come on, these the DC elites, they come on now to be honesty that I told this story earlier that during the Milwaukee County County Stadium era of the Brewers, when the Sea Lags had it, my then partner Dan Willis and I would go there in the first and second inning and get free hot dogs and a couple of beers and then leave because back then nobody was going to the Brewers games, so they just let us go and get our free press passes.
Speaker 4: So I have to admit I was one of those guys.
Speaker 2: Dorothy isn't someone who sneaks something. No, no, no, no, no no. I just want to make sure. Oh, just want to make sure. But yeah, these are DC and New York elites. They're dressed up in tuxes and ball gowns, and they still managed to show us who they really are by pivoting right to the theft when they saw the opportunity. But ahead on the podcast, I want to talk about how Donald Trump might be the first president who may still be a target for these angry coops post presidency. I'm worried about this. I have some thoughts on the Southern Poverty Low scandal because the America Hating socialists who have been running that organization were proving something that I've been saying for years. The Democrats and left wing activists had to invent instances of racism in America because they haven't been able to find real ones in decades. The Democrats are really screwed if their voters discover that this isn't really a racist country as they keep saying it is. And have you heard the latest and climate change. No you haven't, because that whole scam has collapsed so quickly that the eco zelots and their accomplices in the media don't even want to talk about it. So all that and more coming up after I tell you about my great sponsor. Have you heard about Creative Planning. They're one of the nation's largest independent wealth management firms, offering fully integrated financial and retirement planning, investment management, estate planning, tax strategies, business services, and international wealth management, all in house, all coordinated through your wealth manager. Their fiduciary wealth managers are here to help you navigate every piece of your financial life. Visit Creative Planning dot com to schedule your introductory meeting. That's Creative Planning dot Com. Your team awaits paid for by Creative Planning and sec registered investment advisor.
Speaker 4: The speaker's statements are not an endorsement of the firm.
Speaker 2: Hey, the Democrats don't want you to look at this, but voter idea is so popular the Republican Party and the people of California are trying to force this onto the Democrats who have an iron grip on control out there, and they just might pull it off. California has the system in which the people's referendum has become quite a popular thing. If you think you have a popular idea or you want to amend the state constitution, you go out and collect a bunch of signatures and you force lawmakers to put it onto the ballot so the people of California can vote on it. Well, California doesn't require voters to show an ID at the polling station or as they mail in their ballots, and yet we know from polling that goes back decades. Now at least eight in ten Americans think we should be requiring a check of ID before we allow citizens to vote. Voter ID laws have been very popular as they've been implemented around the country state to state, and the President and Republicans in Congress, of course, would like to make this a permanent requirement for all federal elections. Even the most recent polls show an eighty to eighty four percent approval rating for voter ID laws, and so it's it's not surprising that even in lefty California, most voters would want a voter ID law to help ensure the integrity of the vote. Well, Republican activists out there have managed to get well over the nine hundred thousand signatures that it would take to force a ballot question in November, and you can expect that Gavin Newsom, California Democrats, and leftist groups nationally are going to invest tens of millions of dollars in vilifying and trying to defeat this thing. But for now, the idea of voter ID being adopted by the residents of California as simply a good government measure is very real. The unheard masses in California might be able to make themselves hurt on this issue and force a voter ID requirement into the California Constitution. Wouldn't that be a fun defeat for California's bullying leftists? And this sets up a real test as well. We know that nowhere are today's bullying democrats more powerful than the state of California. They have an iron grip on that state. So the test is, are today's leftist bullies strong enough to smear, malign, trash and defeat a voter. I d question when if you ask people, generically, eighty percent of us say it's a good idea. We want to ensure fair elections. It's going to be an interesting thing to watch. Next item. Last week I praised Sean Duffy, the Secretary of Transportation, for simply doing the work, getting the job done. It's refreshing. Really, Sean Duffy isn't treating his cabinet position like Pete Budhajeddge or so many other political appointees have. Most approach it as a do nothing position that's going to allow them to simply collect a big paycheck as the operation runs itself. The Biden administration's Transportation department was a particular disaster with that do nothing Buddha judge atop it, Duffy's doing the work and not worrying about public accolades. This week, I'll highlight Lee Zelden as another great Trump appointee who took the job to do the work. Lee Zelden spent some time as a more moderate Republican congressman who hated to see how the Democrats had let the climate extremists take over control of the Environmental Protection Agency. And so it was a brilliant move by Donald Trump to make lee Zelden the head of the EPA when Trump won a second term eight move to put a long time skeptic and fiscal conservative atop the EPA and given the mission of dismantling the last twenty five or thirty years of climate extremism and eco nonsense that had been built right into this agency by the Democrats. It had Zelden taking the job because he had a genuine zeal for the work right. This wasn't a political patronage position. Trump shows Zelden because he could see lee Zelden's passion for the work, and Trump himself really wanted to reform the EPA. Zelden basically made it clear, if you give me the EPA, mister President, I promise you I will strip out thirty years of extremism and nonsense and reform it top to bottom. Fantastic Trump did, and lee Zelden is keeping the promise. Moreover, Zelden's doing it so effectively that the eCos elots and their accomplices in the mainstream media don't even want to talk about it. I found this really interesting. You know, when the left wing accomplices in big media are taking every opportunity to smear and bash and trash Trump and his team members at every chance they get, they're leaving lee Zelden almost entirely alone and not trying to expose the larger quote damage that the left sees leez Elden doing to the EPA and the overall climate movement. I think leez Elden is doing a great job and should strip that agency to its bones and leave very little left by the time he and Trump leave office. But the Democrats see this as damage, and I tease this on one of my first podcasts, saying, we really need to talk about this at some point, we need to talk about how these people involved with the climate change movement are so down, They're so defeated, they're so depressed they don't even want to talk about the damage that Trump has done to their movement. This is really quite interesting. Even as the activists left and the Trump haters can find energy to moan and whine and stomp and pitch fits over anything and everything that Donald Trump and his team is doing. No one's talking about the absolutely devastating blows Trump and Zelden have dealt to the climate change movement and to the EPA fantastic and mean. I'll take it. I'll take the silence. I've said since the first Trump administration. I would rather see the work done. I'd rather see the reform put in place. I'd rather see the cuts occur that have a bunch of Republicans get credit, necessarily because all the credit leads to is more controversy. I'd rather have Trump's minions racking up all sorts of wins and changes and getting no credit for it, because it means no controversy related to it and it just gets done right. I'd rather not have the American people hear about most of this activity until years from now, so there's no hysteria or whining or lawsuits over it. Now, just get it done. And Lee Zelden is quietly getting it done. He's delivered a bunch of regulatory rollbacks and personnel changes over the last year that the American people are still largely clueless on. Okay, he's cutting regulatory red tape for American businesses and average citizens to a great degree. Zelden has stripped out, i mean, root and stem a number of major Obama and Biden era regulations that were related to eco zealotry in climate extremism. Zelden has erased billions and billions of dollars in federal grants that the Biden administration tried to hustle out the door at the last minute before Trump retook office. He has clawed all of those grants back and snuffed out several major lefty gifts to their own, like Stacy Abrams fantastic. Remember they tried to shovel her something like two billion dollars for an NGO that she had just set up. Lee Zelden has been a stellar Trump Cabinet official. And I know, yeah, you know, some of the kooks and the Robert Kennedy Healthy eating Mega or MAHA crowd don't like Zelden and they've been whining and moaning about it because he hasn't fully embraced their agenda. All right, you know tough. He and Trump have the climate change movement on its knees after thirty years of BS, and that's what I care about. I think it's fantastic. And hey, the eCos elots and climate change activists, especially those who had their salaries tied to this scam. Now they haven't gone away. They'll try to mount a roaring cubback the next time Democrats have control of the White House and these agencies. But it has been remarkable how quiet these activists have been, and remarkable how if you notice, no one is talking about this climate change BS anyway. Even Bill Gates basically left the movement a few months ago. The Washington Times is one of the few news outlets that has noticed the quiet. They say President Trump has taken a sledgehammer to the global warming apparatus as he supercharges oil and gas development. Europe is walking back its net zero emissions targets. Climate guru Bill Gates shook the movement last year by repudiating its doomsday scenarios. They say, Suddenly, New York Governor Kathy Holchel wants to delay that state's twenty thirty emissions targets, which are really ambitious because they can't be met without saddling residents and businesses with new and crushing costs. And that's her reason for not doing it. They notice that even Greta Thunberg has moved on, the world's best known climate activist has pivoted to other causes. Yeah, have you heard that Greta has a boyfriend?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is apparently the talk of Europe. He's a bit older, in his twenties, a dirty, unwashed lefty photographer. Apparently they met on one of the flotilla boats and crazy Greta locked onto him vice versa. He's skinny as a string bean and looks like the sort of debag you'd envision here. Your metal picture of him is correct. And so the scuttle butt is that Greta Tunberg has lost some focus and she can even be seen smiling occasionally as these two have dirty hippie sex on the high seas. But you know, good for Greta. And what happened is that basically Trump and Leezelden are taking out the climate movement in this country at the knees. At a recent event, Leezelden told the crowd that the climate change movement is collapsing under its own weight after twenty years of dire warnings and trillions of dollars spent on reducing emissions with virtually no measurable impact on global temperatures. At this conference, Bruyn Lomberg, who is the president of the Copenhagen Consensus, said that an estimated fourteen trillion dollars has been spent on this global green transition to little effect, to no avail. He says, international greenhouse gas emissions set another record in twenty twenty five, and it's mostly being fueled by the economic growth in China, India and Africa, as poor countries eager for prosperity just wash over the small emissions cuts that the first world nation is realizing. Here, one pundit says, I think part of it is that just the fact that the public buy and large is finally becoming attuned to the fact that there's a great disparity between what's been predicted and what has transpired.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he said.
Speaker 2: Americans are doing a cost benefit analysis as their energy prices rise while their community leaders force a transition to wind and solar. And at the tip of the spear is Trump, who made rolling back these policies part of the central tenet of his second administration. He delivered a devastating setback to this movement this year by targeting two pillars in particular. The first is the EPA's two thousand and nine endangerment finding that listed carbon dioxide is a dangerous pollutant. And then there's also the nineteen ninety two UN Framework Convention on Climate Change, which he withdrew from in January, and then in February, the EPA announced their final rule rescinding this endangerment finding, which classifies carbon dioxide as a dangerous pollutant. Apparently that has even the most committed of Zealot's losing interest.
Speaker 4: Quote.
Speaker 2: The new reality for Democrats is that climate change appears to be losing its cool factor on the left as other issues take priority, including illegal immigration, the Iran War, the Gaza War, and taxing the rich. They quote Mark Morano in this Washington Times piece. He's the publisher of Climate Depot. He says, I've been on the climate beat for over twenty five years, and I've never seen anything like this. Trump's gutting everything that climate movement has ever stood for. Even Democrats in Congress have been mostly silent as Trump crushes the climate movement. There's just been no pushback. He pointed out that lee Zelden routinely labels this as a cult and a scam and a religion now and he doesn't even get pushback from reporters anymore. How much has this changed, my friends? Quote Behind the scenes, Democrats are being advised to keep the climate at arm's length in the twenty twenty six midterm. The liberal Searchlight Institute is actually cautioning Democrat candidates against you using the term climate change. They say only six percent of battleground state voters said that climate change is a top issue for them, and they go on to say, it's been twenty years since al Gore put out a stupid and highly inaccurate movie and inconvenient truth. And to their credit, the Washington Times points out what I've been pointing out for twenty years now. None of the ecosaltics apocalyptic predictions have come true. Not a thing that al Gore predicts in that movie, for example, nor a single thing that al Gore has predicted since has come to pass. He and the alarmists have been proven wrong on every single prediction they've made. And it's been time that has proven them wrong. And this is a pretty powerful thing, folks. It's not that Republicans have proven him wrong, or Trump says Gore's lying. No, no, no, Father time has proven Gore and these wing nuts wrong, and people like myself to be right for never buying into this WHOUI in the first place. As this story notes, polar bear populations have increased, hurricane frequency has declined slightly, the area burned by wildfires has decreased globally by twenty five percent, and the number of people killed in natural disasters who's plummeted in the last one hundred years by ninety seven percent. Still, you know, we all know that these eCos elets will hide and wait and bide their time and then spring up again. So the Trump administration has to stay the course. Leezelden needs to keep quietly plugging away. I've said it before. The potential game changer that we have on our side though this time is that Trump and his team had four years to plot and plan how they were going to dismantle the swamp and attack these left wing centers of power like the fraud climate change movement, and they knew exactly what they were going to do if Trump got a second term, and so they hit the ground running when he won b They went big, no more half measures, no more being nice. The DOJE effort immediately shook up Washington and exposed most of the longtime scams and massive fraud. It's shone a light on the incestuous relationships that the left used to abuse taxpayers and defraud the country for decades. And then see, since Trump's team struck so fast, they still have three more years to fight lawsuits, snuff out the corruption completely, get rid of the regulations completely, to the point that hopefully by the time Trump leaves office, the Democrats and activists on the left won't have the ability to simply recreate it all or re implement it all once Trump's gone. And this is one reason why I started saying from the very beginning, if by some miracle, we can follow up four years of Trump here with at least four years of Vance or Rubio, well, that would give us all sorts of time to bake President Trump's major changes and restructuring of Washington, d C in our larger culture into a more permanent pie that would make it much harder for the Democrats to resurrect them down the road, and even three years, even knowing we have three more years for the Trump haters and complainers to forget about most of the terrible things that Trump has done to their agencies makes it more likely they'll ultimately be forgotten and those changes be allowed to stand instead of immediately being resurrected by the next Democrat administration. Trump and his team are making major and significant changes. Now, we need the time to either bake them into the permanent pie or for them to be forgotten as something future Democrats really need to reverse. And then there's this looming possibility which is also only going to help Trump. There is already such a sizeable number of Democrats in DC who want to immediately move to a third impeachment attempt if their party takes control of the House and fall that they might force Hakim Jeffreys, Chuck Schumer and the larger party to waste time on that in twenty twenty seven and twenty eight instead of forming an actual agenda before the next presidential election. This was an interesting piece this week. Axios is reporting this gaggle of House morons wants to make a splash and start impeachment proceedings against Donald Trump on day one of their House takeover in January of twenty twenty seven. Okay, even the lefties and axios say this illustrates how much pressure party leaders are going to be under from the rank and file, from the average voter, from the left wing activist groups if they do win control in five and then have to waste time on this nonsense in twenty twenty seven and twenty eight, I'm sure they'll invent a whole host of alleged defenses that they're going to claim amount to high crimes and misdemeanors and reasons that Trump needs to be removed from office. But the Democrats aren't going to have the two thirds of the vote in the Senate that would actually lead to a removal of office. And so why even do it, Why even go down this crack pottish road. It's another illustration of how they all have Trump derangement syndrome and they just can't shake it. But hey, if they want to waste a bunch of time and energy proving yet again that they're all unserious fools who simply cannot get past their Trump derangement syndrome, fine, because it will only leave a wider opening, a wider path for Republicans to once again convince the American people that they're the party of adults in serious leadership, and the Democrats are the party of the cry babies, the theater kids, and the mentally ill. I have some thoughts on the third assassination attempt on President Trump, and my main thought this, I worry that Trump is the first president who someone will really want to kill even after he's out of office. I've been watching and reporting on every president since Reagan and Carter, and I've never even given it a thought that this man's life might be in danger even after he leaves the presidency. But I feel that way with Trump. I've never given this a second thought, and I'm guessing that most Americans never have either. Is this person in danger even after they're out of office. I never gave it a thought with Carter or Clinton, or Obama or George w or even Ronald Reagan, and he had survived an assassination attempt while in office, and until Trump came along, he was the president who was the most vilified and hated by the left while he was in office. Still, when ron and Nancy Reagan left office, I never had the thought, I wonder if Ronald Reagan will get killed by some not post presidency, but I worry about that with Donald Trump. And the biggest reason is that, you know, back in the Reagan and Clinton eras, we could rest assured that the vast majority of Americans were decent people and that the number of Medali il Durraa kooks walking amongst us was low. Another reason was that this country wasn't full of Americating foreigners who were being allowed to flood in and walk and live amongst us to the degree that we're seeing today. In between America's native born and bred leftist kuks and metally ill membership and the dangerous foreigners that the Obama and Biden administrations allowed to flood into the country over the past decade unchecked, this is suddenly a very different and far more dangerous country for political figures, especially the president. Remember when a president leaves office, he gets a certain budget from the federal taxpayers and a certain level of very basic Secret Service protection. I think the number is two. I think even a modern day president only gets two or three Secret Service agents or protection detail members once he or she leaves office. And the working theory has always been basically, once a president leaves office and is no longer in control of anything. There's no particular reason for his political enemies or nutjobs to be motivated to want to kill him. In fact, the historical pattern has always been that the longer the president is out of office, the more popular he becomes. Just in general, it's a historic tradition that we Americans like and appreciate the men who've served in this difficult role for us, and as the specifics of their presidency fade over time, what we're left with as Americans is a growing in general affection for them, rather than a lingering hatred for them. At least that's always been the case. But in this era of hyperpartisanship and daily venomous verbal attacks on President Trump, I don't see how those on the left just shut it off after Trump has served his term and move on. One of the hallmarks of Trump arrangement syndrome is they can't seem to move on, folks. Donald Trump still has three years to serve in term two. Here in his political enemies have already tried to assassinate him three times. One glaring, glaring difference between this era and every other political era is that the daily venom and nastiness and calls for violence and or to do anything to stop Trump are even coming from the so called leaders of the Democrat Party. There are two things making this particularly dangerous for Trump. One is social media and the fact that the wing nuts can find one another and feed off of each other. And then the second is that now even the leaders of the Democrat Party are talking in these terms. These are people who for two hundred and fifty years have been conditioned to be careful about what they say publicly. Be careful not to attack your opponents personally, be careful not to put a target on someone's back just because you disagree with them politically. For some of the younger people in the audience who might not know this, the grand tradition in America has always been, no matter how harsh and nasty and critical the political rhetoric from the cheap seats and from the average American gets, the elected leaders and responsible members of the parties are supposed to talk in more measured tones and be careful not to incite personal hatreds and political riots. Well, I think you'd agree that all bets are off in that regard in this era. Over the past decade, ever, since Donald Trump came down the escalator and took Hillary Clinton's presidency away from her. As they see it, the percentage of the American people who have developed genuine mental illnesses over this has been alarming. And with the Internet and the flood of safe spaces and echo chambers in which they can get their psychosis and crackpot theories and personal hatreds amplified, what used to be a kook fringe now seems to dominate the Democrat Party and has infected half the country. And it makes me worry about Donald Trump being a target for assassination even after he's out of office. It's a good thing he's a billionaire and he can afford a lot of personal security because I think he's going to need it. I don't put it past any of these rabid Trump hating wing nuts to try to kill him after the bulk of the Secret Service protection is gone and he's back to being a private citizen. Imagine what today's kok fringe and America haters are turning this US presidency into. Imagine running to serve four or eight years, wanting to serve your country in that way, only to mean you and your loved ones are going to have targets on their backs for the rest of your lives because of it. That is not the America that we've grown up in or lived in up until this, But I fear it's the America we live in now. I hope Donald and Malania Trump are willing to spend a lot to keep themselves safe post presidency, because it only takes one of these dangerous cooks to be successful, and we've got another national tragedy on our hands. It needs to be stated plainly. Leftists who were baked in today's America hating echo chambers have tried to kill the president three times now. They did manage to kill Charlie Kirk, a man who was simply appearing on college campuses preaching how dialogue and critical thinking could trump political anger and hate. As Matt Walsh points out, these same leftist koks have shot up churches, in Christian schools, and rioted in the streets that burned down city centers. As Walsh puts that the Democrats are now the party of terrorism. The political violence we're seeing these days is all coming from one side of the aisle. Let's not pretend otherwise. Today's left and shamefully, the people at top today's Democrat Party are waging a war against this country, a war that's becoming increasingly violent. Routinely now, members of the left are engaging in terroristic acts against America, its people, its communities. Heck, they've even pivoted to embrace the promoters and purveyors of Islamic terrorism. We have leftist groups and elected officials on the Democrat side that are embracing Hamas and Hesbllah, literally hugging the globe's most violent anti West, anti America groups. They're doing so because they see some twisted kinship with them. They have a shared cause, which is hating America and wanting traditional Americans dead. It can't be overstated how dangerous today's left wing movement is. In fact, those of us who've been paying attention knew how the coverage of this assassination was going to play out. Immediately after it happened. A third attempt on President Trump's life was made, and we knew it came. Next, an immediate downplaying of the event by the leftist media was first. CNN called this a disruption at the White House correspondence dinner. So the left wing propatagandists immediately leap into the mode in which they cover for the left. They pretend it wasn't a big deal. They pivot to pretending the assassin is either a right winger or of no political affiliation. I mean, I read that this Caltec mathematician had no registered political affiliation ten times before we found out that, oh, he did contribute to Act Blue and Kamala, and of course he was a nutty leftist. Moreover, his manifesto is just a series of talking points that have been regurgitated directly from the left over the last decade. And from there, of course, the left in the media accomplices pivot to conspiracy theories about how this was really a false flag, a setup by Trump and his own people to gain sympathy. This is particularly gross and irksome. I think you know that idiotic narratives like that have proliferated since the Butler shooting, in which Trump was winged. Ever since that assassination attempt, idiots on both the left and the extreme right actually have claimed that, oh, that was just staged. Within minutes of this failed attempt, I mean literally minutes, certain crazies were out on social media spinning that nonsense. So this is today's left. Anytime one of their craziest tries to kill the president and fails, they spin at as staged in order to deflect blame from themselves and try to literally blame Donald Trump for the attempt on his own life. It is incredibly despicable, But this is today's left. And as I say, in years past, the political leaders of both parties would have immediately reacted by denouncing the gunman, denouncing the attempt, thanking the heavens that Trump wasn't hurt, etc. Not today's Democrat leaders, not today's elected officials. We got the trite social media posts from some of them denouncing the violence, But I noticed something that no one else seems to have really caught. Did you notice that virtually none of today's Democrat leaders expressed relief that President Trump and JD. Vance were safe? Take a look back. Please notice two things. First, it took twelve to twenty four hours for most Democrats to even put out some sort of trite response about this. Then, notice that everyone from Chuck Schumer to Hakim Jeffreys to our own Mark Pookhan only posted general platitudes and never did actually mention the president. Chuck Schumer posted, I'm closely monitoring the unfolding situation at the White House correspondence dinner. I'm grateful for the quick response of law enforcement, and I'm praying everyone remains safe. Didn't even mention Trump in the third attempt on his life. No prayers or good sentiments from the president there, Not from Chuck. Not from a guy who's been using his position atop the US Senate to vilify Donald trumpet every turn, every chance he can. Folks, Chuck Schumer has done more to foster this dangerous, vile political environment that we're now in than practically anyone else on the left. It seems pretty clear by now that Chuck Schumer would like to see this president dead, and he's been one of the political leaders who's been the most vile and irresponsible when it comes to lowering the temperature. Hakim Jeffreys same thing. He's too small a person to express any concern for the president or Vice president vance After another scary assassination attempt, Jeffrey's posted thankful for the swift law enforcement action to protect everyone from gunfire at the White House correspondence dinner, Praying for the safety of those who remain in harms way. He seems to go out of his way to make it clear the he's not praying for the safety of the president, doesn't he The people atop today's Democrat Party and leftist movement are increasingly terrible people. It's sad, but it's true. I say this as someone who has watched and reported on current events for forty years. The average Democrat leader today has very few redeeming qualities. The country on both sides of the isle used to be full to the brim of decent, caring people who just argued over what was best for the country and its folks. At the end of the day, you could rest assured that people on both sides of the isle were, at least at their core, decent people. We haven't been able to say that about people on the American left since Barack Obama get into office and he and his people turned over the levers of power to the America hating kook fringe and desperately tried to reignite the race wars. And why do they hate Trump so much? Trump said it himself. They don't go after the ones that don't do much. He said, we've taken this country and we were a laughingstock for years, and now we're the hottest country anywhere in the world. Change this country and there are a lot of people that are not happy about it. That is absolutely correct, which means is more important than ever for those of us on the right and for every traditional red blooded American from all walks of life to keep pushing back on these leftist America haters. Trump and his team need to double down and recommit themselves to tearing down every leftist institution and back room grift that today's left in the Democrat Party is put in place since the Clinton era, and the fact that Trump seems to know this better than anyone is very encouraging to see Donald Trump, just minutes after a third attempt on his life, standing at the podium and saying we will not back down. I think it's fantastic. This is what gives me hope for America and its future, and I hope that we the people can indeed fight off this current wave of socialists, America haters, and evil foreigners who are trying to destroy this country and its people for daring to bring stable democracies, prosperity, and overall greatness to this globe. So when President Trump met the media just moments after a third or a fourth attempt to take his life, he suggested that he's such a target for the rabid left because he's rapidly changing America for the better and he won't back down. A big part of that has been exposing a lot of the grift in grime and fraud that has gone on for decades in Washington, d C. And while it's easy to say, you know, that's the swamp, corruption in DC has been going on forever. And while that's true, it's worth noting that the types of corruption that the Trump administration is uncovering and moving to stop can be more uniquely tied to the modern era and specifically tied to the last several decades of scummy Democrats, and that is what really has him riled up. Trump and his team are dismantling the machine that it took decades for these Democrats to put into place to steal from the American people and fund their campaigns. For example, the Democrats under JFK might have set up this secretive US AID organization as a tool for foreign diplomats in the executive branch as it dealt with global matters. But it was the Democrats of the Clinton and Obama eras who ballooned that and abused it as a secret slush fund for themselves, their friends, their campaigns. It was the insider Democrats who saw this little secret of pool of money and decided that they could funnel tens of billions of dollars into that secret agency every year and then have it doled out to their friends, their relatives, their allies, and doled back to their own campaigns, of course, in order to keep the leftist political wheel turning and turning on American taxpayer money. Another example, welfare fraud has been a problem for years, but the assumption has always been that the people doing the defrauding were somehow tricking our government or stealing from the American people, despite the safeguards that were put in place by Congress to stop fraud. Oh no, no, no, it's the Trump vance administration that's finally exposing how the Democrats, particularly at the state level, have been willing accomplices in welfare fraud for years. They've been complicit in the hundreds of billions of dollars in fraud that we've seen stolen from taxpayers over the recent decades. Tim Walls and elon Omar, etc. Clearly knew about the various ways the Somali community in Minnesota was defrauding the taxpayers. Ditto for Michigan leaders and California leaders. The Vance Commission is exposing hundreds of billions of dollars of intentional fraud that's been going on, with the quiet blessing and help of California lawmakers and Governor Newsom, been going on for years. The rot and corruption that's being exposed here in Trump term two is never ending, and interestingly, a lot of it is validating things that we on the conservative side of the aisle have been saying for decades. For example, back in the early two thousands, I would routinely talk about how the Democrats and their racial grifters like Al Sharpton, etc. Were trying to keep their racial scam going by seeing racism where there was none, and by creating false flag instances of racism. Those of you who listened to my radio show for years will remember this. At the end of the Bush era, in the beginning of the Obama era, we had surveys that showed that the vast majority of young people of color in this country said they hadn't experienced racism. No, I remember highlighting numerous surveys and studies like this. The social scientists at the time were actually debating, has America finally beaten racism? Today's young people say they haven't experienced it. They haven't been made to feel inferior or different because of their skin color. This was the talk of the country as Barack Obama was being sworn in as our first black president. That was even more proof the country had evolved past differences related to skin color, etc. And then came Obama. Then came Barry and Eric Holder and Valerie Jarrett and Krabby Michelle, who, sadly, when they had the choice to make, made the wrong one. They had a choice. Obama's people had a choice to either lead us into a post racial America or return us to racial animosity, and they chose to do the latter. The Obamas and the scummy racial grifters they surrounded themselves with decided that instead of really unifying the country and putting hype to racial differences behind us, they were going to embrace the hate and restart race wars as a way to ensure Democrats could keep winning elections. The racial grift had served their party so well for decades, and it was dying off. They were panicked. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton were being seen as race baiting clowns, and rightly so. This fifty year scam that the Democrats had been pulling on black Americans was losing its power. The Democrats of the Obama eraflt they needed to do something drastic to preserve it. It was time to restart the race wars. It was time to make a thug like Michael Brown into a martyr by inventing the hands up, don't shoot, lie, etc. It was time to reracialize every moment, at every issue that they could in that Obama White House. And so it wasn't a mistake that suddenly a shifty organization called the Southern Poverty Law Center gained prominence. They were pretending to be the final arbiter of all things racist, and they were keeping lists of America's racists and racial haters. Some of us have talked for decades about how the Southern Poverty Law Center is really nothing more than yet another secretive America hating organization that's being funded and run by today's socialist left to smear anyone who doesn't agree with them. This is yet another group that got its clout from glowing mainstream press coverage, whose news outlets built them up as some sort of noble, esteemed anti racist group of truth tellers, when it was nothing of the sort. Instead, all they are is name calling, smear merchants, engaged in campaigns to ruin anyone who disagrees with the dogma of today's left in any way. One of the big tells is that this group didn't stick to racism as an issue. They simply used claims of racism to smear in silence anyone who dared to challenge the leftist agenda in any way. For example, this is the group that labeled doctor Ben Carson a racist for daring to be bright and black and conservative. This is the organization that led the Biden era campaign against the Catholic Church and pro life parents. What do abortion or Catholicism have to do with racism? Nothing, but the SPLC was there to label all of those pro life Catholics and parents as terrible racists. If that's what the left wing activists and the Biden White House needed them to do, so they did. This has always been a rancid group, and so it was no surprise to be when we learned that for decades now and check the dates, check the dates people goes back to at least twenty twelve or twenty fourteen. It's no surprise to learn that at least since twenty twelve, in the Obama era, the Southern Poverty Law Center was artificially creating the hate and racism that they've been pretending to fight in some circles on the right. This new surprise none of us. If you haven't really been paying attention to the story, I'll just break it down for you. What the leftists who run the Southern Poverty Law Center have been doing and at least since twenty twelve or twenty fourteen, is defrauding donors and the rest of the country, of course, by secretly paying racists to keep being racist while claiming they're fighting racists. Bottom line, the Southern Poverty Law Center had a scam set up that was netting them hundreds of millions of dollars in donations and support every year, in which they pretended to be combating racism as they funded racism It just proves they were combating racism that didn't even really exist. This is just a grift. The Justice Department slapped the SPLC with an eleven count indictment for fe funneling money to the Ku Klux Klan and the white supremacist movement, and even underwriting and helping organize clan events in an attempt to smear Trump and the Republicans as being in bed with the clansmen. The attempt was to keep the lie going that America is an incredibly racist country. We're not. And if you challenge that, folks, you can't say we're a terribly racist country. If today's racial grifters need to invent instances of racism to point to in order to find racism in America. An American Thinker piece I thought put it perfectly. One hopes it will be punished as severely as the law allows, that all its donors abandoned forever, and that its deceitful face will never be seen again. The piece points out that Biden's entire presidency was based on a lie that white supremacy is the greatest threat to this country. A lot of you will remember this. It was one of the results of the Charlottesville riot, and Joe Biden claimed it's what inspired him to run in twenty twenty. He wanted to fight for the tolerant soul of America. This scummy leftist group underwrote false flag operation, including that now famous Clan rally in Charlottesville that the left used to smear President Trump and the Republicans with afterward. The Justice Department's indictment says SPLC invested about fifty million dollars in that quote Unite the Right rally. In short, the left staged the riot in order to generate all sorts of false narratives and benefit from it in twenty eighteen and twenty twenty. This is how today's left rolls.
Speaker 4: And I know yeah.
Speaker 2: The leaders of this scummy group claim they were merely paying informants as a way to spy on the racist organizations. That excuse doesn't hold water, not even a drop of water. First of all, the money was being given to the heads of those racist groups, not little low level members or people who would infiltrate the group and spy. You don't give big chunks of money to the head of a cartel and then ask him to inform on himself and his cartel. I mean, come on, so that claim doesn't hold water. Moreover, this is a private group. It's not a governmental body. The SPLC cannot legally pay informants like the FBI or the LA Police Department would What are they doing over there? The SPLC isn't a law enforcement organization. It's a nonprofit set up to elevate leftist politics while smearing those on the right. It's a nonprofit set up to elevate leftist politics while smearing anyone who disagrees with the left. Consider this. This is a group whose leaders, over the past two decades had been obsessed with exposing right wing hate, while the country has been a wash in instances.
Speaker 4: Of left wing hate. Why why?
Speaker 2: If the SPLC was created to combat hate, has it ignored twenty years of increasingly prevalent and violent left wing hate while pretending there's a problem on the right. When Antifa was burning down city centers across the country, where was the SPLC? When Charlie Kirk was assassinated? Where was the SPLC. They've tried to kill Trump three times now. Has the SBLC ever stepped up and denounced the hate? If it's such an important anti hate organization. This has always been a leftist to smear anyone who doesn't bow to the socialist left agenda. Even CBS News has admitted that quote. The SPLC wasn't dismantling hate groups. It was manufacturing extremism. The extremism it purports to oppose, is how CBS put it. That sums it up. Yeah, it was paying sources to stoke racial hatred, as the indictment puts it. And I hope this scandal in this court case finally have this organization shutting its doors for good. As columnist Hugo Gordon puts it, the SPLC is a malignant organization that smears decent conservatives. That's basically why it exists. And if it was ever founded on a noble cause, well it's not anymore. They lost that threat a long time ago, and it shouldn't be lost to time that this false flag racism that the SPLC manufactured at Charlottesville undergirded the Biden administration and the Biden presidency and continues to undergird this lie to this day, the lie that white supremacy is the greatest danger to this country. Biden and his team members completely made that up. They repeat that nonsense endlessly and even pretended there was a greater threat to the country than foreign terrorists and Islamic extremism. And we know why they did that. Biden was too tired and clueless to do anything about Islamic terrorism, even as he allowed dangerous foreigners and potential jihadis to flow into this country over his open borders. And so rather than address any of that, any of those dangers that Biden and the Democrats were inviting into this country, they pretended the real threat was from Whitey, who was right here in America already. That nonsense never held a grain of truth to it, and some of us called the Democrats out on it every chance we got. So this is yet another form of fraud and a scam that the American left in the Democrat Party had been pulling on the American people for decades, and of course they still would be if the Trump team hadn't put a priority on exposing all of this stuff. This was yet another well oiled scam to defraud the American people, steal money from the American taxpayer and the government coffers, misdirect attention, and funnel it into Democrats causes, and I'm glad to see Trump's Department of Justice finally not only revealing it, but also trying to hold some of the scammers criminally responsible. Thanks for listening, We'll talk again next time.
Speaker 1: The Jyweber Podcast is a production of iHeartRadio podcasts, produced and engineered by Gregory John. The Jayweber Podcast is presented by Creative Planning, helping clients simplify their journey to financial wellness, one personalized plan at a time. Listen to all of Jayweber's podcasts, available on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite podcasts.