Speaker 1: Don't want to be an a Manican idiot.
Speaker 2: That's a loan on seven hundred WLW. The question should teenagers remain amateurs? Well, every adult around them profits from their performance on the field, on the court, wherever it might be. That's a question Ohio School principles are asking themselves this week. They are voting as we speak, over the course of this week on what the Ohio Name, Image and Likeness policy will be. The old nil. We are only one of six states without a policy, and so I mean it's coming to a head right now, right the pimple's gonna pop on that. Speaking of pimples, my boy Tom Gamble, the CEO of In Game Sports. They produce their Reds High School Showcase Skyline Chili Crosstown Showdown half of the Two Angry Guys back in the day, my former colleague. And also I will point out commissioner of the GCL South, which features Tomorrow. I keep saying Tomorrow. I know I want it to be Friday already like everyone else's Friday. It's Elder Saint X at pay Court. Twenty thousand tickets will go on sale at ten am, less than an hour from now. As a matter of fact, only online. You can only get that at THEHSA website, and I'd expect those twenty thousand to go pretty fast. Tom Gamble, that's a hell of a setup. Welcome back. How are you, Sloane?
Speaker 3: Doing great?
Speaker 4: Yeah, appreciate the opportunity, and you know why not, Why shouldn't teenagers and high school athletes. But it's it's very tricky, it's and it's funny you brought up about how there are only six states that don't have that IL, Ohio and Indiana ironically being two of the six. But here's a statistic. Since two thousand and two when the OHSAA member schools, over eight hundred of them voted against the NIL. Since then, right back then, there were nine school nine states that had ANIL. Now there's forty four. But here, get a load of this. Less than one percent, less than one percent of student athletes in those forty four states take advantage of it. I think it's gonna you're gonna find it's gonna be much trickier to do it at the high school level. Everybody sees what's going on in inner collegiate athletics, specifically in football and primarily men's basketball, those two and needs.
Speaker 2: To be a little bit different to the high school level. Yeah, I think in Indiana's surprise too. As big as basketball is there too, you think they'd be on this thing. But it's inevitable. I mean, if you look at the trajector this time, this is what back in twenty twenty two is when we last voted down in Ohio and Jamier Brown comes along and changes the game. He's a if you don't know who that is, wide receiver. He put up as a sophomore one thousand yards and fifteen touchdowns up in Dayton. He is committed to be a receiver for the Ohio State University. In twenty twenty seven, he fought a lawsuit that forces the Ohio Athletic Association High School Athletic Association to address this issue. So I don't know much has changed between now and then, but is do you think the outcome will be different this time?
Speaker 4: Well? I do. I think it's going to be voted in and here's why. And I think you brought up you're correct. A Franklin County judge issued a temporary restraining order allowing Brown through his family right, and that's that's the key. Steen athlete and family. I'll get to that momentarily, but allowing him to pursue this currently well, that expires. Training order expires on December fifteenth. So the challenge is in the OHS. They ain't says, hey, we member school, we want to legislate this, because if we do not, if we don't vote this in, you never know. It should be the judge, you never know, would the governor at some point get involved. We've seen that before, right, So if you want to, if you want to maintain control and put up some guardrails and do things like that, then I think you're gonna see. And I've talked to a number of athletic directors, of which I am obviously not one, but I deal with them all the time, and most have told me they will vote yes. Because of that, they figure it's better to enact it now and then tweak it as you go. You know, you got to start somewhere, and to your point, is inevitable it is coming at some point. So their thought process is, let's get it in there now and then let's deal with it now. This is a proposal, And I read through and I watched the presentation that the OHSAA put together and they've hired a company called Influential Athlete. And it's interesting. It's a husband and wife. He was a former high school athletic director and the wife there they're the gradis Joe and Stephanie Grady. She was a figure skater and spent ten years doing television news. She was an anchor. So they've lived the life. And I think what they what they're trying to do is educate the athletic directors and the people from the member schools of the OHSAA on how this is done, what's legal, what's not So I think here's the biggest points is this it's set up. We're the only onus on the school itself, is that they have to police their own kid should they sign an agreement. It's designed to be the student athlete and the family and the OHSAA. So if you get an agreement you as a student athlete, you have fourteen days to send that agreement to the OHSAA for approval. Now, on the surface, you know, it seems if everybody I hate to say what I'm about, okay, go, if everyone follows the rules, this would be great. This would be a win win for everybody. The issue is gonna become not everybody follows the rules, of.
Speaker 2: Course you will. You're gonna have people wanting to game the systems with anything in life. Tom gambles here he is mister high school football in the Tri State and as Commissioner GCL South, He's gonna have Elder Saint X highlighted at a pay corps on Friday. That's gonna be great. Tickets are going on sale shortly. Here we're talking about nil. It's before Ohio high school principles. All the members of the State Athletic Association get one vote on this for each school, each member school. And it's interesting because I was looking through getting ready for this at the Canton repository. They surveyed a bunch of schools up there, and I'd imagine the same sediment is true in Canton and Akron, is it is in Cleveland or Toledo or Dayton or Youngstown or here in Cincinnati or Columbus for that matter, And that is the sentiment is it's inevitable, but they're really real reluctant. So essentially the quick read on this is administrators oppose it almost overwhelmingly. The college and ile model, but believe high school and ile is going to happen, and that they have to set rules rather than have the courts and legislature and pose them. As you said, But you know, to me, there's always been this hypocrisy Tom of well, this is about educational athletics. Administrators say high school sports are educational opportunities, not modetization, not vehicles. Yet schools, I mean, how much money are saying acts and elder going to get from ticket sales from this game, concession sponsorships, broadcast rights. Some schools are paying coaches six figure salaries. I mean, how do you defend that position if everyone profits, accept the people who are on the field performing.
Speaker 4: Well, that's where it got to with college athletics, and I'll get to that question momentarily. Here's the big word I think that needs to be talked about. You can have no elective So what that means is colleges and universities in their athletics department. So like I use Texas Tech University, they had a bunch of you know, I'm presuming oil guys who have done well, say here's seven to seven and a half million dollars, go out and get a defensive line. Okay, that's the collective. It's it's the schools, the boosters you cannot as part of this collective is strictly prohibited under the OHSAA proposal. So what that means is so it's no different than really recruiting. So school A where stud player is attending school B can't all of a sudden go hey, we can offer you this, you just come here, and that is even going to be vetted out. Let's just say because again Tony, you know, you know it's going to happen at some point. But what's gonna what's gonna happen is so if you're at if you're the athletic director at school A, and suddenly stud athlete goes to school B and you don't hear anything about out any nil deal. But then after he's there for four to six months, here comes this and again I use the term massive. I don't know how mad it can even be at the high school level. But then that school aad he's going to go wait a minute, and on it happens in recruitment, right, I mean, that's supposed to be illegal recruiting. It's going to happen at some point in time in this nil personal branding, you know all of that, but let's just hope. Let's just hope that you know, we all have always said, haven't we high school sports and amateur sports is the last bastion you know of purity that there is. Now we're all not that naive right out, but let's hope that if it's structured where the school is out of it. So in other words, and this is why I don't think, I mean, people think there's going to be crazy types of money thrown around. I live in northern Kentucky. Kentucky has legal nil. I don't know of one kid that's been out there prominently. But then I because here's why. You can't wear in a video or a photograph. You can't wear your school logo, you can't be with your school mascot, you can't be videoed on the sidelines or on the court. So it has to be you. It's your public recognition that you've achieved because of your athletic fame. Well, sonny do this pick any kid the best football player in Cincinnati, right, he's not in uniform, he has no identification of school, yet he's doing something for a company. How many people outside of the school or he plays, would even know who that person at all?
Speaker 2: Not at all. I mean, you know, when you see the commercial with Jamar Chaser, example, Joe Burrow, you know they're wearing it, it's pretty clear they're in a Bengals uniform. Or because it's good for the league, it's good for the brand. I don't understand why the schools wouldn't want to embrace that. And the other element of this too is because that makes it less attractive to stay in Ohio. And now were saying there's no collectives here in Ohio, so that ham during this, I go, are you just gonna get recruits like the top picks? And you know, mister football for Ohier, mister basketball, they're gonna wind up going to some out of state prep school or an IMG academy type program because they can monetize.
Speaker 4: It better that they're gonna do that anyway. I mean that that's big time dollars. I mean, you know, there was a basketball player from from Newport, Kentucky who went down to a prep school in Georgia who is now committed to the University of Kansas. I mean, he's that good. But you're going to get that anyway. But but I think if you want to maintain to your original question, you know when we started the amateurism piece of this, you've got to legislate this, and that's why the UHSAA would rather govern it. And I think here's the other thing. Of the less than one percent in the forty four states, the majority of mos right out and this is a three year period. Essentially, the majority are in Olympic sports. Because you're not a running back wearing a uni form that nobody sees what you look like. You're you know, you're maybe a gymnast or a golfer or a tennis player where they see you where your you know, your public recognition is just you, if not the team. So I think you're going to see a lot of those companies. But are they really going to get a ton of money or are they going to get golf balls and golf yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Know, quarterbacks versus yeah, golfer. But I mean, you know, it's still there's some local celebrity element to it, no question, Yeah it's and every little bit helps. I mean, if you get you know, a lifetime supply of bridge stones.
Speaker 4: Good, yeah, oh I have no, I don't have any issue with it, and I think most of. I think the biggest thing back in twenty twenty two is it wasn't clarified enough. I think the OHSA has clearly refined this, and if you look at all the details of their bylaws, right, they've put some real time and thought into this. I think the original issue was the schools felt like the own this was going to fall fully on them. And believe me, a high school athletic director today, you gotta be nuts to be a high school ad with the way parents are today. Right, we'll start with that, but today, can you imagine if you had to govern all this, Not that you have nothing to do here, because you're going to have to pay attention if your athlete signs an agreement, but by having no collective and by making it the onus of the family and the student athlete and the OHSAA, hopefully high schools won't get overburdened with this because God knows they don't have the staff the time. I mean, high school ads will flee, they will run.
Speaker 2: Probably walk to the I would think so, because you know, there's the one percent reality in a less than one percent of kids are going to go on to a collegiate or pro career. Yet forty percent of parents think that that's the case and that you know that's true, But that also adds an interesting mix to team chemistry, entitlement issues, and the parent pressure as well. Man, what's happening in the locker rooms is the question? You know, if if you know the quarter back or I don't know, alignment, someone is getting paid and making some money off this, is there a jealousy component and other high jealous high school kids undermining them and thinking it should be them, And what happens in that locker room?
Speaker 4: Well, I think it goes to the kid who maybe is a D three player whose parents are delusional that he's going to play in Alabama or Georgia. So now you're going to have a think about it. So the onus is on the family and the kid. Well, how many moms and dads are going to because I know I've known of circumstances where moms run X accounts for the kid. The kid doesn't want anything to do with it. That's how crazy this is. So now we're going to have parents out there seeking these type of financial opportunities. And again I'm not blaming anybody for trying to better themselves financially, But do you really want that? How many kids won't even know that their mom or dad is out there trying to get these deals. It's like the old Hey, you know, my son should be starting over yours. Well, if you want to talk to me, we're going to bring in the kid who you'rs. And most of the time when they have those meetings coaches, the kids don't even know what's going on. That's how crazy this has gotten over the years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's you're going to see you know, toddlers in the weight room now pretty soon, because he's destined, right, I mean, that's where it's going to be. It canna be recruited out of kindergarten at some point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's coret. Well, that's and you bring up recruited. I think that's the challenge of this. You know, there already are enough issues with recruitment, and now you add this. I think that's where the high school administrators have the biggest issue. Look, it's hard enough to govern recruiting. Now you're going to add this name image lightness component with financial wherewithal to it? Can you imagine, you know, soorry. The good news is the Elder saying, next game Friday night at Paycorps. That's that's the thing where you know, that's where I hope, that's where it's fun. That's what it's about. You know. These are two teams. I mean Elder was down twenty two to nothing and incredible to win. Yeah, a great finish. It scored you know, nine points in the final minute one and Saint X, which lost to Moler during the regular season, came back and beat them. I mean those are you know, Elders undefeated. I mean, these are this is what high school sports is supposed to be about, you know. And it's it's great that they're playing at pay Corps. I hope the weather holds off and doesn't.
Speaker 2: You're not looking good, but I mean you're you know, you're in high school kid, You're playing at Paycorps. How cool is that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: And maybe some well played football. What do you think I would think?
Speaker 2: So between Elder and Saint X bragging rights to the west Side, he was a commission to GCL South will probably pacing up the sidelines like an expectant parent. I'd imagine Tom, and we're just like, what almost forty minutes away from tickets going on sale at the o hss A website, so not less than an hour from now for sure, Uh, twenty thousand should go pretty quickly.
Speaker 4: I would think solony on one thing, I never go on the sideline because what you don't want is I don't hire the officials. Now playoff time, they get selected from around the state. But I learned a long time ago stay out of harm's way because I don't know if you know this or not, but coaches aren't necessarily logical during the heat of again, right, So and who do they go looking for a poor sucker like me? That's right. You know what's funny is it'll be interesting because you know, pay Corps is so big, you know what I mean. I mean, it's obvious. We've got to go back to two thousand and one. There was a doubleheader. It was Princeton Saint X and Cole Raine Elder forty eight thousand and change almost fifty thousand people. Was a regional semi final. So this is the next step, the regional bucks. But we really haven't seen that since. You know, that was one of those you know how you have the perfect storm. The weather was gorgeous. Princeton was having a great year. It was Cole Raine Elder was playing every year, so I mean it was it was just But I think it'll be a great crowd. I think two good football teams we need. We need a Division one stay champion. So hopefully one of these two can bring one back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that and that would certainly it'd be fair expected too, with the level of talent that you have. And it doesn't get a belted better than Elder Saint X. I mean that is there's probably west Siders taking up arms right now between the two the two teams. But I love that kind of passion that you're bringing. Are you surprised quickly? Tom? How how how quickly the deal was able to get done by the commissioners and the Bengals, because man I heard these like they want to take the pay carse like Bengals don't do anything quickly, and they did to their credit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, County, I think I know. I've I've talked a couple of times to Kevin Askell and choose the athletic director at Elder at Denise three House, who's a county commission Obviously, I think they have a connection to Elder and it takes someone like that and you know, I can't remember it might have been her, might have been somebody else talked about you know, this is a county facility. This is what this is for, yes, And that's the best thing for me because I know there have been some previous times when when maybe you know, the least agreement and there two well you know, we don't want this and that. And it helps to have the turf, right when you get the synthetic turf, because when you go back to two thousand, it was Elder Highlands was the first game high school game ever played there, right, so you know it's been since twenty eighteen when Coda West played Saint X and the season opener. But it's great, I mean for a game like this, and you know it's probably Sloany would have been at UC that they not had their you know, National Gavy game and you know that's the whole thing, and it would have been sold out there. I mean, I think that's which is cool, which is a great atmosphere. But the play where the NFL plays, it's it's a great experience for the kids and deserving.
Speaker 2: I think so too. That's gonna be fantastic, Tom Gamble, all the best brother, I'm glad you're doing well, CEO of In Game Sports, the commissioner of the GCL South and be highlighted on Friday night at pay Court. Doesn't get any better than that, All the best man, thanks again. Be well, you got it, say to you slone all right? Right then, late, I got to get a news update in It's a Scott Sloan show seven hundred w. Welcome back on Scott Sloan. This is seven hundrelw and not good news if you like, if you're an adult and you make adult decisions and make choices on what goes in or doesn't go into your body, and you like to have fun as you know. For a while, been following this issue over hamp particularly intoxicating hamp in Ohio, where we finally got over the hump here and figured this out and said, hey, listen, we've got businesses that are spending hundreds, if not millions of dollars investing in THHD infused beverages. Then many many adults enjoy, and many adults prefer over beer over alcohol, over the hard stuff, because of how it makes you feel. Following the ingestion of said product, and plenty of Americans medicinally a recrelation to use THC cannabis. I do myself, don't have a problem with it, doesn't ruin my life, makes me feel better. And I think when you start infusing the beverages with this stuff and it's regulated, of course, like alcohol is, that's good for the econmic's good for the consumer. You have choices now, and it's all about choices in America. But politics once again rears its ugly head. So as you may or not know, Congress closed the farm bill HEMP loophole during the government shutdown vote. And it was one of those hey, we'll just a vote timing, we'll vote on it and see what's in it later. And this is sad because literally Ohio has had the rug pulled out from under us now, in particular based on this vote that came down because recently this was debated in with the General Assembly and Governor de Wine signing. It's saying, okay, this is good. What we have to do here is allow the THD beverages to continue. We can regulately, we can put limits on it, we can oversee it. But we realize that countless individuals and investors have put tons of money, literally tens of millions of dollars into this industry that is now, at this rate, going to eclipse the craft beer industry because craft beer has been suffering for a while and the makers of the craft beer and the brewers are looking, wow, we need an alternative here. We got to figure out how we're going to keep the lights on.
Speaker 4: And so.
Speaker 2: He comes along and they're like, this is great, and we're seeing a huge spike in number of people enjoying it because the word spread and now we have politics as usual absolutely destroying this in Ohio. So here's what just happened. Okay, I mentioned that Ohio legislators had the rug pulled out, had lost all the leverage overnight because of the government reopening, and part of the shutdown vote was, well, what Mitch McConnell have proposed. And as much as things change, it stays the same. As much as you hear about my god, we've got the GOP in charge, we've got Republicans, we've got President Trump, we have the Senate, we have the House, we control the governor's man, we got all the wisds. Is great, It's going to be the greatest thing ever. We're going to make money. Everyone's going to be rich. We're cutting two thousand dollars checks. Things are great. What's really changed here because Senator to Mitch mcconne, I'm going Senator Mitch McCall is a great example of follow the money in politics, and so McConnell. In twenty fourteen last re election, Bill i'st what ten years ago? He received more donations from the beer, wine, and liquor sector than any other senator in Congress, over one hundred and forty four almost one hundred and forty five thousand dollars. WILLIAMS. Street, who is the former head of Jack Daniels, is his top individual donor. He's given seventy three thousand dollars in contributions over Mitch McConnell's career. As a matter of fact, three of the top five donors to Mitch McConnell are from the Jack Daniels corporation.
Speaker 4: And in the.
Speaker 2: Past he's supported and got through legislation to give tax advantages for liquor distillers. I don't have a problem keeping business in Kentucky and the Bourbon Trail, and of course that's you know, Jack Daniel's difference Tennessee. But you know what I'm saying is that, Okay, that's all well and good, but over his career he's received all this money from alcohol and tobacco. But in particular this is alcohol because Congress just closed the farm loophole allowing THHG level products to remain open. But what wound up happening was Congress comes along and says that's it, and it was buried as part of the government of the ACA shut the So two things followed the big money here. Secondly, why is this even part of reopening the government when the debate was over healthcare and they said, oh, we kind of slipped this in at the last minute, slipped it in at the last minute, Like I'm sorry, but if Democrats did this, you'd be losing your mind right now. But no one's paying attention because it's mit, dear old mischipaccadum. It's absurd, it's horrible, and this is what's wrong with politics and those people who would defend this activity simply because they were Republican. It's just simply intolerable, is what this is. Because so many people rely and have invested money here in Ohio and other states for that matter, but particular in Ohio that you simply can't you can't fathom just how this whole thing's going to play out. Now, maybe there is a little bit of hope here because I guess you know the doomsday scenarios. You have an entire industry wiped out. The THC beverage sector in Ohio is literally going to be made extinct by this. And it's the doing of Mitch McConnell, it's doing of the Republicans support and voted for this thing. And so what's going to have to happen is now you're going to have to if you are one of these beverage makers, leave the market entirely liquidate your inventory over the transition period, which you're hearing is maybe they have a year to do this, and just hope against hope that maybe that there's some sort of federal intervention later on, going hey, we screwed this up, we need to redo this. But the idea is to reopen the government. Is now you have destroyed the entire industry where people have literally put their life savings into. Not to mention the bartenders and restaurants and stores because the way and work as well. You can sell the product, but now it has to be a dispensary. Who's going to go go to a dispensary to buy this stuff? The bars are selling it now, Like you want to go sit at a bar and enjoy one of these beverages. And I'm sorry if you don't like THC or you don't have to. But if you sit there enjoying your craft beer, your Budweiser, your Miller Lite, your Mick Ultra, your craft beer the day, whatever it is, and you're sitting next to somebody who's enjoying a I don't know, a martini, a Manhattan, a Cosmo, a glass of wine, and then somebody is sitting next to them enjoying a THHD infuseed beverage. It's absurd to think that the people who are drinking the beer, the wine, and the alcohol would look down their nose at someone enjoying a thhdu infuse. It's the same thing you're drinking for the effect. People say, wow, I drink for the taste. Yeah, yeah, that's certainly a factor. Niple. Let's face it, we drink to have our inhibitions drop to feel better, to feel comfortable, to maybe make pain time happen, but largely because it's social and it loosens you up and it feels good. That's why we drink alcohol. Nothing better than a buzz, right, provided you're not driving a car, you're not hurting anyone but yourself. And I always, it always is funny to me the level of people with you know, country club folks who would be looking down their nose at people who smoke weed back in the day, even though they're well, you guys are drinking you know, four or five martinis. Well that's that's classier. It's a classier high. You're still getting high. And to think that this whole industry now has been really put in jeopardy is disturbing on so many levels. What happened to free market economies? What happened to free market republicans for that matter. And I'm sure there's democrats to get money from, you know, from the alcohol lobby, for sure, but this has Mitch mccone's fingerprints on it, unfortunately, and it's it's sadly devastating on an industry. And it also makes the case where well, you know, you talk about Joe Biden in the auto pen. Is there something going on there? Does Mitch McConnell actually aware of what's going on at this point? It's so sad and unfortunate. But you know, if you're a bourbon producer, which I'm a big fan of bourbon, obviously, I understand you got to protect your interests, you're protecting your market share. But again we're back to what government doesn't do, and that is to be the official, to be the referee, to make sure that the rules apply fairly to everyone else. And when you talk about ACA subsidies, which I'm against because it's just a subsident, it's stupid. Democrats love subsidy, but I don't know, it looks like Republicans are playing that game as well. I mean, you know, you're giving alcohol subsidies out and you're protecting that industry from THG producers, THCH beverage producers, And that really is the maddening part of this whole thing that plenty of people and I think it's one of those things too. It really is a turning point because you know, as someone who is a person who uses cannabis, I look at it and I get that there has always been a stigma against cannabis users. You know burnouts, you know Jeff Spacoli, Cheech and Shong, you know Bill and Ted, whoever it might be. There are a bunch of stoners and slackers. Yeah, I get the perception. And the marijuana users really quite honestly didn't help themselves with that brand. But it became mainstream. We realized the medicinal properties of it, the curative properties of it. When it comes to hemp, the ability to use hemp as a is a product as a material to fashion things out of. But then that small amount of THC and there can be still extracted as a loophole, because this is the loophole government created so they can make these THC and fused beverages. And now there are just so many people, everything from suburban moms to urban dads, etc. Are enjoying THD and fuse beverages and they're really not different than Seltzer's mom waters and stuff like that. And we had the craft beer industry that came along, then we have the Seltzer industry in that that was a spike. Now we have THHC. That's a spike, and you're going to undermine all that because of special in church politics, and I thought that the whole idea was to go to Washington and change all this stuff. Well, guess what if you're not satisfied completely with what's going on with this administration with Trump, as I am not. I think there's some wonderful things he's done. I think there's a number of things he does that I shake my head and go, what are we doing over here? This would be one of the men I know that Trump's doing. But again, this is politics as usual. It's the good old boid network, and it's money getting what it does, doing what it does. In this case, it's destroying an entire industry. And it's unfortunate, really is because so many people, like I said, I, are leaning into THC and fused beverages, and now that one hits home. Whereas you may not have you know, had an edible or smoked or vaped or tinture or whatever it might be delivery system, Now people are going, wow, you know, it's THHD thing. It's a different kind of buzz than alcohol. And I feel so much better the day after than I do when I have a few beers or a couple glass of bottle of wine or I don't know, a pitcher of margaritas, for example. Boy, this I feel I feel a little bit better about this. Plenty of people experience in the word of mouth travels and that's why it's in the industry in itself is exploding right now, or at least it was, and now we're going to undermine this whole thing. So long story short, it is gravely disappointing. It's unfortunate. It's a sadd indictment of our political system that we think is changing, but it's really not. And it also limits your choice in your ability to do things sin as an adult that adults are allowed to do in this country simply because of big money. I'm not naive enough to think that somehow this is going to change things. But again, this is the price that we pay for the system we have. And when you talk about how to blow up the system and change it structurally, change Washington, I don't know why we're not exploiting and talking about this more, because that is absolutely a great illustration and a metaphor for how we feel about our government today. Quick time out, We've got news on the way in about eight nine minutes. Here on seven hundred. WLW got a special treat coming up at ten oh seven for Thanksgiving, a little bit something, a little bit different involving that that's coming up on the show. Speaking of the holidays and the like. Though this is you know, you hear those what do they call them? Not a not a test but a I guess an index indexes. I guess what they would call this on you know, American consumer habits in the economy, like, you know, people are buying less, Big Matter, the Big Mac indicator or something like that. This is a new one, Kevin Kevin McAllister index. So home alone, Home Alone two. If Kevin McAllister were doing what he did today, how much would that cost versus what nineteen eighty nine in Home Alone? The people at I select dot com did this the twenty twenty five price tag of Kevin's like this would be Home Alone two, then the New York City Escape, and in nineteen ninety two when Home Alone two came out, that would have cost two thousand, one hundred nine dollars. How much would Kevin McAllister's New York City Escape cost today? Well, the Plaza Hotel suite he was in was eleven hundred dollars back in ninety two. Today that suite goes for over six thousand dollars six thousand a night. Damn. His room service feest was just under one thousand dollars today, that'd be about twenty two hundred dollars. The ice cream Sunday then was eighteen today it's twenty four. And that's the most reasonable increase too. So the action retail cost from nineteen ninety two being twenty one oh nine to twenty twenty five, that number eighty five hundred dollars, which is a over three hundred percent jump, and it still doesn't include you know, taxis or I think he donated money in a toy store and airfare and all that other stuff. And yeah, that's a four hundred and sixty eight percent increase of the Plaza Hotel suite. That's some serious money, Kevin. That's some serious We have the Kevin McAllister Index. And now you know, you know Scott's loan show back after news in about five here, hang on seven hundred WWD, since then, do you want to be an American? Slowly back on seven hundred WLW DONF know this, but one week from tomorrow. It is the best holiday of your hands done. It's the best holiday. Why because it's all about food, It's about family, it's about football, the three oups. There's no pretext, there's no gifts. There's just food. There's gluttony. There's passing out on the couch at three o'clock with your hand down your pants, waking up at five from your turkey and deuced stupor to eat more food. Have a sandwich with stuffing on it. Carbs, carbs and more carbs. That's what I'm talking about. And nothing embodies that more than the new Dorothy Lane Market and Mason where I am, and Chef Carrie Walters is here, she's executive chef, corporate chef, and Mike Chrisman is the director of the meat department. Forty seven years. Mike, you've been handling meat forty seven years. Yes, I've been in the meat business for over forty years. Rank the top three cuts of meat in your mind? Number one is what.
Speaker 6: A ribbi prime rib goes with everything? Prime prime rib yeah, prime ribbon, red wine. All right, that's the big one. I wouldn't argue with that prime rib thing. It's it is delicious, and if you ask a butcher behind the candle counter, they'll tell you their favorite steak is a ribbu.
Speaker 2: It's always a ribb. It's marbled, the flavors there because you have the fat, the caramelization. You got all that working on too. And I don't have to tell chef that what's the best way to cook us a ribbi?
Speaker 7: And low and slow? I love that reverse ser Oh yeah, little thermometer.
Speaker 2: So I'll go in to Dorothy Lane. I'll get a nice inch and a quarter maybe two foot thick ribbi and I'll take that and I'll put it in my smoker at two twenty five and then get it to one eighteen and then take it off and then sear it. And then you have a reverse seer with the crust on it, and it's got a little smoke to it. That's what I like. How about that? Absolutely we go there, we're talking food. If you can't tell, I'm into this thing right now. Congratulations. By the way, Dorothy Lane Market opening in Mason. I was kind of joking with carrying everyone else to like it felt like this thing has been under construction since eight teen sixty four, and it took like three years to come to it, but it's absolutely go. I've yet to be in because two or three times we went by. I'm like, we can always go in. We live right there. It's like there's always a line, which that's a good sign, right absolutely. Why is explaining this way? Why is Dorothy Lane so popular? Why is it such a big thing so iconic?
Speaker 6: Dorothy Line is a popular because it's got a history in Dorothy Lane's family owned business, been in business since nineteen forty eight. We've grown, We've grown slow. This is our fourth store, so it is the place, it's place to be. We've gone a little bit different direction.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: When the industry has taken one turn, we've taken the opposite term. So we're a gourmet retailer in the Dayton area and we've got things that note you can't find anyplace else.
Speaker 2: And you have a significant number of foodies around, especially in Mason. Do you know the chef. There's things that you would look at us Durre and go wow, you that you can't find in the world.
Speaker 7: Correct, correct, And we make a lot of our things from scratch, so we kind of cross the board between old fashion. We have great potato salad, great additional macaroni salad, but we also have a really fun vegan chickpea salad. So we you know, we're trying to make everybody happy, Grandma, your teenage.
Speaker 2: Well, it's like if you know, it's not like a supermarket. It is, but it's a restaurant too. It's it's a really interesting combination. We go in, there's a lot of great chef made, chef inspired and fresh. You know, I can go in and get it, get a ribb if I want right, Yeah, you.
Speaker 6: Can get a ribbi coach right on the grill the way that you want it on the grill, and you can take it upstairs to our cafe and eat it right there. Have Uh it's perfect date night, yeah, to go and watch the sunset and have a nice steak.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: And it's it's a really cool common because we've moved into that era. Now you go to any grocery store, especially Dorothy Lane, and there's all the prepackaged. We don't have time to cook like we used to. It's especially like I'll do it on the weekend if I have time even but it's great to go in and get and and now what you guys have is so diverse. That's the cool part. You're just talking about adding Indian food, right, correct?
Speaker 7: Correct, Yeah, we have a really very large clientele and that's they're looking for more of the you know, lagoon friendly, delicious vegan. So it's really it's been fun to you know, start to really devolve into some of that.
Speaker 8: As far as where are you on vegans, Mike, not at my house. It's a sour I love to talk.
Speaker 2: By the way, it's a chef Carry Walters and my Christmas who has been working the director of meat for doroth A Lane Market, my guy forty seven years. By the way, that's incredible. A guy who knows every cut of every you name it. It's a fowl, is it fish? Is it as a beef? Is it pork? He's got He's on top of it. Let's talk about turkey, chef real quick, Brian or no, Brian. I'm a Brian guy. I get my fresh bird. I brind it overnight. I know the ratios if you if you're going, well, okay fresh turkey, Uh, you gotta do. I think it's it's probably best to probably Brian that get all of flavor and it would you agree? I like dry braining a little bit better, which is what how do you do that salt?
Speaker 7: And if I always to tell people to cook the turkey and what they want on the dinner plate. So if you're into crispy delicious skin, some rub it all over with salt, leave it uncovered in your refrigerator overnight, and that skin.
Speaker 2: Will just be delicious. Why doesn't skin get crispy moisture?
Speaker 7: Number one?
Speaker 2: Moisture is escaping, So if you do it one of those plastic bags, you're probably not gonna be crispy skin.
Speaker 7: That's right. I grew up with my we had no color on our skin whatsoever. My mom's of course, my mom's turkey was delicious, but it's not the turkey that I make. Yeah, so you kind of pick and choose your battles, decide how you're gonna get what you want on the dinner plate. How what's the best choice cooking wise to get there?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then it's should dry brian was the dry rub basically or the wet Brian is a cup of salt and gall of water. And then but then you can add all sorts of different stuff.
Speaker 7: Oh sure, and you're in your wet Brian absolutely. You know a lot of people struggle with that, like where am I gonna put it right?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 7: Can I use a cooler? My big thing is if you're a big gravy person, a big pant sauce person, and maybe Brian wetbrining is not for you, but that Wetbrian gives a very moist, delicious Uh.
Speaker 2: Well, that's where you go, see Mike in the butcher department. You get the turkey, but then you get like some backs and wings and drums, and then you make the stock. Ahead make the stock and then make and everything else. Because the gravy pulls it all It's like the it's like the rug. The rug pulls it all together. The gravy pulls it all together. Here, gravy becomes a beverage. If it's good enough, I make a pretty good grave. I'm sure chef makes it much better gravy than I do too, So.
Speaker 7: It's someone a pretty amazing gravy. It's always fun to see the day after Thanksgiving all of the crowds are coming in because they all ran out of gravy and they need to have the gravy.
Speaker 2: That's amateur move man. The turkey parts this time of year, you get some necks and the good the good stuff, and you cook that down and make your own stock, right, and then you make your own gravy out of that. Just got plant of the head. Do a little bit ahead anyway on that too. How big a bird should you get is the rule. It's like a pound pound and a half a person. We recommend one pound per person. Okay, but to get a turkey, you know, a turkey's at least ten twelve pounds, so a small turkey. If you have a fifteen sixteen pound turkey, it's going to feed fifteen sixteen people. Yeah. But if you like leftovers, get the thirty pound turkey. Get the thirty pounds.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Or do what I do, and I buy a small turkey for all of the yummy parts, and I buy an additional breast to get Oh yeah, sure the next day to the turkey sandwiches.
Speaker 2: Now you can do it a lot too. If you want to get crazy right.
Speaker 7: With that, I'm coming to your house.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I got overruled. I want to do that one year and I'm like, no, we want the turkey, we want the tradition, because it's about tradition, right, it is, but explain that what I just yeah, so.
Speaker 1: I always stuck.
Speaker 7: My mother in law has been making turkey obviously for a long time, and my first year of being married, it's always kind of a war. That's not how I did it. That's not how my mom did it. I don't agree with what you're doing, so I think a lot of the don't talk politics. Maybe talk about your stuffing versus my stack. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you're a way of turkey right to do it right?
Speaker 5: You know it.
Speaker 7: It's a people are very passionate about. They don't want to.
Speaker 2: I used my God bless and my late moms for recipe. I got the it's on an index card and uh, you know, trying to read her cursive from years ago. But her, I'm just we all grew up with her stuffing and that's it. And she would make you know, there are maybe six of us, but she'd get two loaves of bread to make the stuffing with some stuff. We were eating stuffing at Easter at this point. You know it is, but it's it's what it is. I mentioned a lot. So anyway, you take a breast and you slight you can, but you can do that in the butcher shop. So it's like a pinwheel. Basically, you put the stuffing in and then you roll it up and if you want that it's and then you slice it and it's beautiful on the plate. But it's not really traditional. But you guys would butcher.
Speaker 1: That, right.
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: Absolutely, Yeah. We'll get asked all kinds of things to do for their turkey. Uh like what, well, everybody will want you other to be a bunch of people want it'spatch cocked, which is where we take the backbone out and crack the breast so it lace flat. So if it lays flat, it's gonna cook quicker. Right, You're not going to stuff it is easy?
Speaker 7: Yeah, which is another big lemon.
Speaker 4: True.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Now what about a turn ducket? Have people still doing that?
Speaker 1: I hope not.
Speaker 2: Why give me the chefs and gonna carry chefs here?
Speaker 7: So you know all that poultry we need to cook it. The center power needs to be one sixty five. And if you're sticking a quail inside of a chicken inside of a turkey, think about what that outside of that turkey is going to be at by the time the tiny little inside is one hundred and sixty five degrees. Wow, it's well passed time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I gotcha. It's definitely could a little bit dry, is what you're saying. Yes, gotcha. But people still do the turn ducket, Yes they do. There'll be a few, not a lot.
Speaker 6: We'll get asked to make some, but in the company we probably won't make fifteen sixteen of them, gotcha. Compare when you're selling thousands of turkeys, fifteen sixteen of them?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you so if someone says, you know what a turkey it's it's been done, that's old, that's twenty twenty four. I want to do. So what is the biggest alternative to turkey for Thanksgiving? Prime rib? Prime rib has always been like meat? Yeah, met, prime ribbon is not going to do a meat at the holiday? Prime river of fil a.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: What do people usually get about wrong about the like a standing rib roaster? A prime rab?
Speaker 6: People tend to overcook them, so they want to they want to get it done. And prime rib is good at one hundred and twenty degrees and if they they cook it too long, it usually gets overcooked. Yeah, it's got to be rare, yes, absolutely, And then you get because they've had it before and it's like a shoe, right, Well you do that ro stpeep, same thing. Right, It's got to be you know, an order to slice it and get that. It's you got to have that juice. And some people don't like it, then you should not be eating that.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, anyone to come in and just have hot dogs, get some mets on the grill Thanksgiving, not for Thanksgiving. No people like that, And I know some people that would go out. I'm just got going to do burgers and hot dogs in study this morning. It's on my Christmas. He is the Dorothy Lane Market Mason by the way, meat department director there has been doing that for four decades. And Chef Carrie Walters, who's very young and has only been doing this for a few years, but she is in corporate twenty five years corporate chef. And we're talking about Thanksgiving it or ready for Thanksgiving? Gett your bird? Can you still get a fresh turkey?
Speaker 6: Absolutely, we're gonna take Yeah, we're gonna take fresh turkey. Order something until the twenty fourth, gotcha. So it's a good idea to place in order so that you get a turkey in the size range that you want if you come in and just try to get one, it may be what we have left is what you're gonna get.
Speaker 2: Gotcha, all right? Always a good idea to place STORER give me a side this year, chef, Well you have to. Okay, we got mashed potatoes. Everyone has their favorite mashed potatoes. Maybe the yams sweet potatoes. Got that recipe, let's talk about I'm not get even. I'm not even going to taint this convers I'm just gonna go green bean castrole. Where are you on that?
Speaker 7: I love green bean castle for but I like it fresh. Oh okay, so we actually sell a delicious several different types of green beans. But I'm not a big canned person, so I like to blanch the green beans off. I make a mushroom sherry sauce. I deep eye shallots at home, and I kind of do that same similar taste, nostalgic, but it's a lot better.
Speaker 2: I want to come to your house. Then said, well, trade, how's that you hang out with my family? Hanging out with yours probably actually go a lot better.
Speaker 7: Super popular.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably work out for a lot of people. It's a trade. In the twenty twenty five Thanksgiving Day Draft the Selected from Mason, Ohio. Yeah, and I always annually do a rant against green bean Castle. I declare you hot every year on green bean Castle because it just seems insulting to me. You take a can or a frozen bag of mushy green beans, you get some soup mix in their can of soup, and then some pre fried onions, and you mix it all together and you bring that that is such a disgrace to this this hallowed holiday. I will not stand for it. Green Bean Castle does not have a place on my table.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: What's really scary is I think if you just interviewed the top you know, ten people at walk into our store, how much green bean castrole is on their menu?
Speaker 2: People love it. Yeah, It's cheating, is what it is. This is the one high. It's about food, right, and this is it. I mean, if you can't put on a show and do the right thing on Thanksgiving, there's no hope for this country. There's no hope whatsoever for there's no hope for America. So I'm like Bill cut Bill Cunningham of food over here all right other side? Do where would you go with?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: I want to try something a little different, but not get too crazy.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 7: I love all those roasted vegetables, all those gorgeous swashes that are in right now. Just makes me think a harvest and Thanksgiving, honeynut, butternut, acorn. I think a lot of that stuff is fun. You can make it into a soup, soup, you can roast it along with some carrots. It's a relatively easy recipe that goes great with turkey.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No one likes to eat on Thanksgiving more than Tom Brenneman. And he's not doing football. Turn all that mic out, Turn the other bike on here, big day, turn his mike on here, she said, is slowely live in there with them, she says. If you want to buy the sides for Thanksgiving, yes, yes, okay. Do you have to order that ahead of time as well as a turkey, We recommend it.
Speaker 7: Okay, you can just walk into the store. It whole variety of It's all about Thanksgiving and our prepared food cases.
Speaker 2: I believe me, I've been there many times.
Speaker 7: But it's smart to r s v P, which is super easy to do the you can do it online. You can give us a call. We take orders up till this Friday.
Speaker 2: Until it's Friday. I got her on the phone right now.
Speaker 4: She said, I'm listening to Slonia.
Speaker 1: You don't listen to me.
Speaker 2: Why didn't she put on the hotline and she could do the interview. She'd be much better than the both of us at this stuff. You might be right, yes, thank you, sorry to interrupt. All right, you're not interrupting. The legendary Tom Brendaman right there on the phone, his wife said, I need answers to side dishes.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 2: That's a pretty good endorsement. I would say right there in the household.
Speaker 7: A lot of the times, I always say pick your battles. You know, you could have your friends and family bring dishes. I love to cook, but I still get our mashed potatoes because I can't make them better than we do. We use beautiful French butter, whole fat cream. We steam our potatoes, their salt and pepper. I'm not going to spend the time.
Speaker 2: To potatoes the right way.
Speaker 7: Yeah, our potatoes are delicious, So I spend time doing some other fun stuff. So we have a lot of people who are picking and choosing their battles.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 7: And what's what Dorothan and Mark is gonna help with and what they can do at home?
Speaker 2: Is there such thing is a meat side dish? And what would that be for Thanksgiving? Mince meat pie is not meat? No, let's forget what it's nuts?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 9: Is it?
Speaker 2: Is that a chef? What's mince meat?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: No, it's like vegetables.
Speaker 2: Is vegetable? I thought it was not. I don't. I've had it once a long time ago. I'm like, there's something I'll never eat again.
Speaker 7: My husband would say, bacon side dish of bacon Thanksgiving?
Speaker 2: What is going on you? I want to know what Mike's table looks like right now, because it's a oh, we're gonna get a side dish alipator. Probably I would think we're gonna have meat and meat and meat.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but uh, I'm gonna I'm gonna have traditional sides with my turkey every every year. We gotta have and it's Uh, what's really cool is is that used to be my mom and dad did Thanksgiving at their house.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 6: Now they come to my house. So that's how it goes. It's gone for a full circle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's and that's the rich part about it is families, right, and as you get older, it's like in then the younger ones take it over and it's different, but it's the same, and it's just this tradition and the recipes seemingly through the families live forever. And that's and that's why I love Thanksgiving because it really is the essence of family getting together, and and friends too for that matter. And I think friends Giving is a big one. Now you probably see as many people come do in Friendsgivings as Thanksgiving. Correct we do, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's amazing. Uh, it will always be turkey though. Turkey will always be the tradition on Thanksgiving. And make sure again one sixty five right.
Speaker 7: One sixty five by that thermometer. It's the best insurance policy you have.
Speaker 2: Really, I think, I think that's the most underrated kitchen tool. And I have a bunch of you know, chef stuff in that, but use it, you know, like a thermopen or a even the wireless ones and bluetooth ones are great.
Speaker 7: So those probe thermometers are awesome. It takes that you're doing no math, no poundage, no nothing, regardless of what the recipe says or what the chef says, your turkey is done.
Speaker 2: And you know that you know this mic too. About getting the temperature right on meat is like, I have a it's called a meter thermometer and it's bluetooth and it literally says, okay, what are you cooking? I'm cooking beef? Okay, what kind of what cut of beef? Put the cut in there?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: What temperature? Boom and automatically does it tells you when it's done and you pull it off. It's amazing. Yeah, you could.
Speaker 6: You could get those and use them in your your oven at home or if you have a smoker.
Speaker 3: I get that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you get to the smoker too, right, a smoker too, and you've got a wireless bluetooth that's sitting outside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I know when it hits temp and you know, it alerts me and it's pull it off and it never misses. Then the thermopen is what chefs us. It's a fold it up. They're pretty cheap too, and it's a good investment. And you get an instant read thermometer. It's pretty easy that way. Make sure you're it's food safety. But it's also who wants to ruin because let's face it, food coasts are pretty expensive these days. You want you don't want to screw.
Speaker 7: It up right and the turkeys. If the turkey is the main course, you need to be right on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, all right, Well again, congratulations on the opening. I can't wait to get in there at some point here, and that's gonna happen probably one of these days, because I'm doing Thanksgiving this year and get ready to cook. I'm gonna stop by Dorothy Lane Market and Mason if you're looking for sides, they're ready to go, or you do the whole dinner and they're still available to the fresh turkeys and more. But thanks for coming in today and it's awfully nice to meet both of you and appreciate it. It's our pleasure.
Speaker 3: Thankes.
Speaker 2: Care all right, Scott Slone Show. We got to get a news update in just minutes. I'm hungry. Time to eat here seven hundred WW helping you put the big P in profession. Here's our career, sirpa. Julie Bouki, Yes she is, and she's here now. I'm the Scott Sloane Show on seven hundred W LW. She's off last week and jumps back in the fray this morning, rested and ready to go. Julie my dear, how are you?
Speaker 9: I'm fine, how are you?
Speaker 2: What are you laughing about? That wasn't funny. That was a serious compliment. Rested, that's I don't know, So we have an issue. This is interesting. These corporate CEOs are kind of pushing back a little bit. Here Ford Motors Jim Farley was pretty candid about some criticism. You're set this up? Tell what is this about? And what did he say that was so controversial?
Speaker 9: Yeah, So he was talking about their challenge in how do I how do we continue to produce that we need to produce when we don't have the talent to do it? And I thought there was just so many interesting things that in here. And one is that you know what we thought, we're looking to find mechanics. We have five thousand openings and they pay one hundred and twenty thousand dollars a year, like wow, And so that we've talked.
Speaker 4: About as many times.
Speaker 9: But I think what's interesting is we still are seeing this gap. And he said, we can't keep up with demand. We can't grow unless we have the talent, and we do not have the talent. We do not have people who want these shocks. We do not have people who are ready for these jobs, who have the skills for these jobs. And when we talk about we're getting all kinds of mixed messages from all over the place. We don't have the talent here, we have too much talent here. But it depends on what jobs you're talking about.
Speaker 4: Interesting.
Speaker 9: I love some of the staffs in this if. I so fascinating. The first ten months of last year, one hundred and fourteen thousand dollars, fourteen thousand Americans in their twenties completed vocational programs compared to one point two four million who graduated from four year colleges and four hundred and five thousands who received advanced degree. So you can see the demand and supply are way way way out of.
Speaker 4: Balance, and there's just not enough.
Speaker 9: At least at this point, there's not enough still buildings, there are enough people interested, or they're earn enough of those programs that are out there actively recruiting write people to prepare them for these jobs. I anticipate that Ford is either looking at or will look out creating an the hired training program. They may already have one that they don't want more people into it.
Speaker 2: Well, I know people in like the HVAC industry and Johnson's supply. They have their own HVAC school that they pay for and then they eventually as soon as you graduate in six to eight weeks, you move on and you've got a job with one of their contractors. And so many companies are doing that where they're it's like, listen, we have missed the mark. It's all about college education. It's the most important thing. And we have to do our own training and train up young people to go into these jobs. And one hundred and fourteen thousand Americans in their twenties completed vocational programs and that is about ten times less than what we need. And I think it's set up this way, Julie, because for years and a year I look at the system the way it is, in the bias it's built into this. Then this is the way it is. If you're an educator, all right, and you want to make more money as a teacher and eventually in a few years become an administrator, So we have this whole administrative class in our schools. You have to go and get another degree and more so you keep going back to school and then talk about how much money you don't make because there's so many teachers because it's a blind demand istion. I'm not grapping on teachers. We need them, they're so formative. I understand that. But I'm talking about the economic model here. And so if that is your steady died of college grad school, master's degree, doctorate, you think the only way to more money is more education, and that would be at a university. And so you tend to be biased and say, well, if you want to make something in your life, you got to go to college. And we have misserved the youth of America now for several generations with that mindset. And we took shop out of school, and there are budget cuts, and we took all these things out because they're expensive, but those were the that's the form of training that reaches so many people. And I have often lamented that, you wonder how many kids, how many millions of young people, their lives didn't go out as planned or certainly they didn't hit the expectations they have or never achieved the success it was imminent for them because they were never exposed to the stuff in the first place. And not only do they lose, but we lose because we don't have enough people in the class go up tremendously in the wait times, and we have a we still have a need to build things in this country that haven't been satisfied because of this whole model.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and we have been. This has been going on for decades and so it's really hard to turn this around on a dime. But the model, or the belief that's been really imprinted on us is college is the way to success.
Speaker 1: College is the only way.
Speaker 9: If you're smart and you bunt and you want success, well, that depends. It depends what you want to do. If you want to build bridges, gets, please get a college education. If you want to be a doctor, test lease. But we've taken this the idea that it's the only way to be successful, and we have wrapped it around the entire education system, from parents to high school to colleges. And what's now being very much exposed is that the high school, the high school education system, and a post high school education system have not kept up with their responsibility, which is to be responsive to what the market demands. No wonder having a college education is seen as you know, if it's an eye roll for a lot of people, don't care you go to Harvard and major in philosophy. Good for you, but so what versus having that be ooh, you're so smart, you've got a career successful. We have to change our thinking. That has to start with how we as a parents view what's preparing our kids for success. Looks like you can't high school done, check off college, check up box. They're out okay, but bye.
Speaker 4: You know now you're out on your own.
Speaker 9: Now you figure it out. That's why juniors in your basement.
Speaker 2: Julie Bouchie our career Shirp on the Sconsolon Show on seven hundred w LW Truth to Power right there, for sure, we need more people going to vocational programs. And you know we have subsidies for college and graduate education, so you keep going. It's the government's making money. They make sure that they get their money back because they're federally subsidized now. And it's a vicious cycle. But it's our own detriment too. And when you have the CEO of Ford Motor Company saying, listen, we've got a lift to bay with a lift and tools and no one to work in it. We don't have trade schools in this country. He's right, there's few, and there's more coming online right now, but there's such a backlog in need that it can't do it fast enough right now. So if you're a parent, can consider that maybe your kid isn't going to succeed in the academic world and it be college. It doesn't mean they're a failure. It doesn't mean it's reflection and you as a bad parent, you didn't do your job, that your kid is not going to be successful in life. To the contrary, it just maybe they're good at something different and that would be more tactile and more hands on that it is academic, and there's nothing wrong with that, but we have vilified that type of fashion for so long. It's become part of our DNA here in America, and if we don't change it, which I think we're trying to, and I think we're making some inroads here, it's to our own detriment too, because we were at about certainly the stems and gifted students and competing with the Chinese and the rest of the world. We'll have that and continue to churn out the best and the brightest. But the thought that somehow if you don't have a four year degree from somewhere that you are a lesser individual. That attitude has got to stop because it's wrong and all. It's punching down, but on top of that, it's really destroying our country because at the end of the day, you still need people to fix and build stuff and God blessed trades people because they go look down on but their hands are clean. Their hands might be dirty, but their money's clean. I've seen that phrase used often. Julie Balki our career ship on the Scotsland Show on seven hundred ww sheen er team ready to consult you about maybe a midlife career change or maybe you're starting out and anywhere in between at Thebalukigroup dot com. That's b a uk E. It's Julie on the job every Wednesday morning on the Scotts Slow Show. B Well, we'll talk next week or not we won't. Actually it's the hob. I'll be off next Wednesday, so you and Ja have a great Thanksgiving rest up and then we'll be ready to go in two weeks. How's that?
Speaker 3: Ye?
Speaker 2: Well, all right, all the best, Thanks again, Julie Buki on the job here in the Scott's Loan Show seven hundred w with them. Yeah, I think get a chance to check during the break here who should have But how ticket sales are for a Friday night at pay corps it's elder and Saint X. Is getting any bigger than that, I don't think it does. About fifty five minutes ago, some twenty thousand tickets were put on the market at that website, at the OHSAA website. That's the only place to get them because simply seven thousand seats at Mason was not going to get it done for this and so moving it to pay Corps. I got to give the Bengals credit because I often criticize the Bengals, but I'm fair and I will give ups when and props to people when they do stuff like the Bengals did to get this thing fast tracked. That's great because, as you know, the taxpayers of Amlin County were all paying for this in some way, shape or form of sales taxes. I don't have to tie if you owned property in Hamilton County how hard it is for you. But we often talk about how bad that deal was and how one sided seems things seem to be for the team, but the fact that they were will to get this done in less than twenty four hours. I give them full credit for this, and it's awesome. We need more of this stuff because it is a county owned facility and when you have two teams like this looking for a big venue. I'm glad that the Bengal stepped up and said, let's get this done. We're excited for We're actually excited for this, and we're going to work really hard behind the scenes to accommodate the students to student athletes from elder and say nex which is you want to hear. And so I'm not sure our ticket sales are. I'm to imagine those twenty thousand go pretty quickly. But I know the weather's not going to be supportive. But you know what, You put a garbage bag on, a poncho, some rain gear and you sit out and you're tough enough. Because the players are going to have the time of their life. And that's the coolest part about this is watching these young men get to play on an NFL field. That's something they can remember the regardless of the outcome. That's something you're going to remember the rest of your life. And so that's going on right now. First part of the show. I had Tom Gamble on. Yes, that Tom Gambler, Boy Gamble, formerly the two Angry Guy CEO of In Game Sports All the commissioner by the way of the GCL South, that'd be Elder and st X and super excited to have this. But we're talking about the NIL stuff that's going to be settled this week as we're talking Ohio school principles. As members of the Ohio High School Athletic Association, they're voting right now. They're taking a poll a straw pole, if you will, of principles on NIL. As you may recall, in twenty twenty two, they said, no, we're not doing this, we shouldn't pay student athletes. Along came a young man out of Dayton that changed this whole thing, by the name of Jamior Brown. He's only, by the way, as a sophomore, he only put up one thousand yards receiving and fifteen touchdowns. That's all. He's already committed to the Ohio State University for twenty twenty seven. Maybe because he couldn't get to UC, I'm not quite sure, but that kind of forced our hand at this thing. I don't know, I look at college I like, to me, if you're a teenager, should you keep your amateur status for some sort of I don't know, kind of remnant of years past, the quaintness of being Well, you're a student athlete, and it's just it's just so pure.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Well, everyone around you, the schools, the coaches, the trainers, the booster, everyone makes money off of that performance on the field. And so to me, it is simply an American to not allow someone to use their name, image and likeness to enrich themselves. And well, they're amateur status in the administrators, and that's something the ministrators say, you know, it should be educational, it should be Well then okay, well, why are we hiring coaches like at one hundred thousand dollars a year for high school? Why are media companies making money off this? Why are apparel brands working money office. I'm watching kids with under armored jerseys, Nike with Adidas, right, your high school kid and the schools get money for that, the eighties getting everyone's making money off them except the person who's performing. And it's certainly it's an uncomfortable space between education and commercial enterprise. But there's a contradiction there, and this is really folks that jar way open right now. And the responses from the principled principles, it's it's like damage controls what it is. It's just their arguments make no sense whatsoever. And one of them was about, well, you know, it's one of the being a musician. You know, these are like, well, okay, you could be a musician and perform and still yeah, but it's like a weird argument that that's their justifications why athletes can etern money like musicians are artists or actors in high school. It's they argument undermines that that position. If I'm talented and can go being a band and make money and go to school, I can probably quit school. But I can go do that, Like how is this any different? And the aspect that you're not to be able to you know, use the image of the school or the school like I don't know, that seems to hurt the school. So hopefully they sort this thing out. And because we're like one of six states now that are left that don't have a plan, and you gotta have a plan otherwise the market will figure it out for you, and that's not good. We'll go to a news update very latest weather is obviously concern too, a little bit of break from the rain, but that's coming back in quick fashion. Jeff Kramerding is here next, speaking of the Bengals. This banks project is going on. This, this is where the city wants to move forward like yesterday, on finishing the banks, and the county is saying, we don't have the budget, the buildings are too tall, and a ferris wheel will disparage the Freedom Center. What this is the problem we have city and county government get around. Honestly, they get along like Israel and Hamas. For God's sakes, figure it out. Seven hundred WW Cincinnati don't want to be got slowed down. Seven hundred WLW. We have a plan after twenty years. We've got a plan to finish the banks in the upwards of seven hundred and fifty to eight hundred million dollars in redevelopment of the five remaining lots of the banks over the next fifteen years. So if you're a big fan of those concrete pillars that are sitting there, those peers as we call them, guess what they're going to get covered And over the next fifteen years we'll see it's gonna be luxury and market rate residential plus retail hotel, maybe some office space in there. But what's interesting is the county's reaction to this versus the cities reaction to this. And joining the show this morning is council Member jeff Cramerton, who sits on the infrastructure and building and committees like that, so the appropriate guy to talk to in a situation like this. Jeffrey, welcome, How are.
Speaker 3: You very well? It's great to be here.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Before we begin, I know that you are passionately ready for Friday night at not the high school football field at Mason, home of the Commets, but rather Paycorp home of the Bengals. Because you're a proud set You're a proud St X guy, right.
Speaker 3: No, sir, I am a proud elder pH Yeah, pride of Prate till the pride of Prate still.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But don't don't you ever a Do you have a nephew that plays for Saint X.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you've divided loyalties of Crambering family. We will be there utting on the Elder Panthers to victory, but all cheering for my nephew and Jus and Andrew who's the starting left tackle between ex bombers.
Speaker 2: Now, you're not gonna wear one of those tire jerseys. It's half Saint X half the Elder, are you.
Speaker 3: I will not be doing that. I'll be wearing my I'll be wearing my. My purple had a boy.
Speaker 2: A boy had a boy. And hopefully the trader has not that great a game, but an okay game anyway, Uh, creamy, And let's get into this. It's been twenty years since we've got this. We're finally now talking about the next fifteen years. I that just makes my head hurt, considering the gift that we had, which are the two stadia downtown and all that space in order to get people down there. And this thing has been plotting along and the reason is well, one of the reasons, of course, is the city and the county. And I'll point this out before get to the details of what this buildout is going to be. Hamlet County Commissioner Lisia Rees said, we're kind of broke right now. Denise treet Hoouse concerns over the height of this thing, and other commissioners just don't see it even on the radar right now. Meanwhile, those of you a council want to move forward like yesterday on this project. So the time and the money council is on it. Commissioners don't want this. You guys are excited there now. Can you explain and maybe help us understand the difference and enthusiasm between the county and the city.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I really can't speak for the County commission. I don't know why. There is no answer you. The city of Cincinnati is growing. We're excited about that. We're leading the nation and concuting office buildings, residential. There's a tremendous demand. I mean, we've talked about this. We know that new bill. It is necessary to meet the demand for downtown. Thanks is a great place to do it. So we're growing the city, we're growing the economy. This council is bullish on it. We want to get done.
Speaker 2: The height of this thing, it'd be up to twenty four stories to make it financially viable. But Denie Street House Commissioned President worries about blocking daylight. And your colleague and our good friend on the show, Seth Walsh, wants even taller buildings. Said, well, let's let's you know, we're a downtown. It's a big city. Let's scrape the sky here, you know, and now we're talking it feels almost like what like they are in the Hyde Park discussion all over again here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it just feel like that. Definitely some similar things. I mean, the more people the better, especially for an entertainment district like the Bank, so you have more people in there to fuel the restaurants, to fuel the retail. You know, we need more people. A couple of the buildings are most for twenty four stories. Most are under eleven. So to me, this is not very controversial. We need to get moving forward in the critical discussions over the next couple of weeks or you know, how are we going to fund this? So I hope we can find a situation where we can partner with the county and to the extent that this is not a priority for them, you know, have the city run with it.
Speaker 2: Here's the shot that's gonna hurt. This is gonna hurt because we're talking about some luxury housing up there as well as market rate. Nothing about affordable housing. We'll get to that in just a second. But essentially someone's going to go, look, why are we giving taxpayer money to subsidize luxury housing. Is that a fair question?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, as I said, there's a demand for downpath, but building a place like the Banks, you know, is going to take some subsidies. That a tax abatement, is that the use of our down tip funds which we use for development. You know, what does that look like? Those details are critically important. As I pointed out, that was not part of the conversation yesterday. We were just talking about planning and the vision. The money. He is always important to make these things happen. That's the critical conversation that's going to happen right now.
Speaker 2: Where's the affordable housing in US?
Speaker 3: That from my perspective, it's always supplying demand. We need more house. We don't have enough thousands because we need to build housing. If we have enough housing, the market will take care of itself. So you know, I mean, especially you're talking about rent restrictions which some people are talking about, is you know, a restricting the amount of rent that makes developments like this harder and it makes more subside from the taxpayer. So market rates right here, general market rates we're talking about in the city. We just need to build more housing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean if you live in a three hundred thousand dollars house and you're doing while you're like, well, you know, now we can do our dream house and maybe you move into a one or two million dollar place like this and that, But that frees up that three hundred thousand dollars unit for someone else to get in and realize their dream. That's how the system works. And I understand we need way more affordable housing than we have already in the urban areas, but it doesn't make sense to me to now have a luxury and market rate and market rates are pretty high for this area downtown. I mean, why would you charge somebody six hundred dollars a month to have the view of the river that people willing to pay a couple million dollars a art. It doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that's the dynamic that we're seen throughout the city. You know, there's you know, several there's a lot of very hot nabors and people are trying to get into them. They cancer they're pushing people out, and it's right, it's you know, creating high sale prices, higher rents the neighborhoods surrounding that. So that's why we need more housing throughout the city.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and the twenty four stories doesn't seem that tall quite honestly, considering I mean, yeah, we built the great American Insurance Tower with the uh you know, I mean, and I don't remember anyone bitching about that being too hot.
Speaker 3: Looks great, That's exactly right. We've got a great park down there. You know, We've got Central Park in New York, Grant Park in Chicago, alter by very tall buildings. It's not aesthetic year of those great parts.
Speaker 2: I won't hurt are either, well, right, So we have a war going on here between the county and the city. What else is new? Jeff Kramerding is on the show this morning, representing the City of Cincinnati. Wants to move forward quickly soon and build it bigger and bigger than ever before, bigger and better than ever before, with the final phase of the banks over the next fifteen years, Whereas Hamlin County commissioners, all three of them, are reluctant to move forward, and this for various reasons. One of them, though, and this is a real serious question here, is you have the Central Riverfront garage there and they're estimating that's about thirty million dollars in costs to rebuild us to redo this, and it is including the development cost. So the county's got a review whether they can fund that. But if you don't have garage infrastructure down there, doesn't this whole thing fall apart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you absolutely need to build the garage to build the development on top of it. So in the garages are also using a lot of revenue. The more development we have down there, the more revenue the garages and velved. So it's a complex puzzle, but you know it's one that asks me solved to get this movement.
Speaker 2: Well, they're saying they don't have the money.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, budgets are tied everywhere. I talked Abo about the city's budget many times and concerns about that. The long term solution is growth, more people paying earning stacks, more people think health stacks. So we're focusing on how to grow of the city is important. It said that the banks has always been a critical portion of this region's gross for twenty five years now and we're still talking about we're still in the planning stage is a lot of these lots. So that's very frustrating and we need to move forward.
Speaker 2: One of the hang ups too. And this is kind of minor. I think it's I don't know, it's kind of picky you and myself. But Alas Shares, who's on the show the other day, said that she's not happy with that ferris wheel or proposing put a permanent ferris wheel downtown in front of the right behind the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center, so where they sing the Queen City sign is that to get pulled out and you put a ferris wheel there, And she says that's disrespectful. I don't know. That seems like that seems like a stretch to me. You know, there's plenty of stuff around that. There's bars, there's restaurants, you have street vessels and the like. I understand the significance of that museum, but that ferris wheel is pretty far away.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I like the ferris wheel. I like attractions. I like things that are going to you know, bring families, your families time of a bank. So yeah, I like the ferris wheel. I don't be a problem with location. It seems like it was successful and we had the test pilot, so I have no problem with that being part of this equation. And you know, I think other attractions as well would be great.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I think as a parent, if you bring your kid to the National Underground Railroad Free Center, the Freedom Center in the Railroad Museum, I think it's one of the things we were a kid. You don't want to go because you think it's stupid because you're a kid and you don't realize the significance of this and what you're seeing, especially if you're a person of color, it means a lot more. But at the same time, you go, hey, listen, you know what if you don't act like a fool inside the museum and act right, well, well you can ride the Ferris wheil when you're done. Seems like a good a good carrot to dangle in front of kids that want.
Speaker 3: To do that, right, got the hair cell down there, all right, Right, that's a great track.
Speaker 2: Well that's where you want if you want them next year. And it's across the street too, So I think now we're just looking for stuff to reasons to go. I don't like it. Jeff kramerding As far as this build out goes, it's going to be a high rise residential retail. The parking thing's got to sort that out. Maybe office in there as well too. But the hotel element. Uh, there's concerns saying now we have too many hotels. Is that true?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, we are. We've built a tremendous number of hotels. That's one I've I always ask our experts. I've asked a three c DC many times and continue to have to get in. I am told and presumably these hotels are building these that the need is still there. So I think that's a great sign for how robust development and how much vibrancy is is around downtown. So, yes, we have built a lot. I have always concerns we don't want overbuild and have vacant hotels, but we're not seeing that in the fact that these hotels are so interested it's important. And of course that location really does make sense right between the two stadiums. You know, we're competing with other cities for the Behaflis Pittsburgh. You know there's people from out the region. We want to draw them in for the Reds and banking games. But also you know a team and you know people go on the road to watch their team and they decide which to say they want to go to. And having a hotel right there by the state. Let's get to Cincinnati for a weekend and watch the Colts or whatever the team is. So that's great we get from out of town.
Speaker 4: That's just.
Speaker 3: Straight money in the banks of the City of Cincinnati and Hamilton County.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, the market dictates, if you need to tell or not. I always hate when politicians, especially decide what the market needs. Now, the market needs what it needs. You know, we have a historic building across from you know, the Cincinnati Hotel, for example, and you know that was beautiful back in the day when it was designed. But it's been an I store for a long time and they're finally redoing it and going to make it something else. So it's not like these projects when they've surpassed their useful life, don't get converted into something else. It's downtown space. It's certainly not going to happen overnight. The other part of this, too is I was reading something that they did one of those cost benefit analysis or the economic impact from the banks has been about two billion dollars over the year. But I heard that one Oh okay, well two billion dollars. That's a great economic impact. But on the other side of your mouth, you're going, well, it's been they've been treading water for like twenty years, and now we need hundreds of millions of dollars in public subsidy to finish this thing. We've got to give some subsidy to the luxury condo and apartment owners over there, and the market rate housing and everything else. And so what's the actual return on investmers for taxpayers? Are we are we subsidizing private developers and team owners or is this generally the best practice? I mean, if if there's a two billion dollar economic impact, how could we be treading water for twenty years?
Speaker 3: Yeah, when it comes to the the financials, now we're going to build, that's critical. And again you know we were not we were not in those details yesterday. I think over the next couple of weeks and months that's going to be critically important. And what types of incentives are we talking I mean, are we talking about, uh, the tax debatement for sex number of years? Are we talking about from sort of TIFFs, the development back into the tanks, tun from more developments? The financial details? Uh was not. We're not there yesterday. That something you know, I questioned, and and to me, that's the critical part of it, and we talked about building the partnership with the county. Uh, those details and what that structure is going to look like and how are we at this moving is important. So uh, that was not yesterday. Yesterday was about you know, Banning and the Vision Council. We're very excitted about it, but you know, now it's time to get down to work and hammered out coming over with the deal that is beneficial to the city and taxpayers.
Speaker 2: And then now all point out too. It took twenty years because of that awful Bengals lease we had wouldn't allow us to build anything over the size of a bag house or crying out loud, and finally we got that blown up and move in the right direction, which is why now you have twenty years ago you could add all this stuff down there, and it's been sitting vacant and empty, and it looks ridiculous when you go through the parking lot down there in the garage and see all these concrete pillars and piers sticking out of the ground. It's just you look, you look at it and you go, this doesn't make any sense because it's not like it was five it's been two decades.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's unfortunate that we keep coming back to that sales tax increase, because yeah, there was the terms of the lease, but when voters passed that in nineteen ninety six, they were, from my perspective, promise, you know, two stadiums in an entertainment district in a marina and uh, you know when when that when the tax came out, there was you know, barely enough to stay for the stadium. So, I mean taxpayers were frustrated. They thought that was that that was the solution, and that was not been I think, I know that's been part of the kind of the company financial woes, and that's part of where we're at twenty five years later. But you know that was twenty five years ago. We're in the situation that we're in, and we move forward.
Speaker 2: Yeah, finally, Jeff Kramer ding I look at this and go, well, okay, eight hundred million dollar bills. I've got a lot going on as a final piece of the puzzle for the banks, and hopefully it just puts everything over the top here. But the timeline to get this thing approved for council anyway and totally excludes what's going on with the county as you're trying to get this thing together and when twenty twenty seven, So just a couple of months and vote on the zoning changes and everything else. That's a pretty fast and aggressive timeline.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a thing.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: We've got our we've got some tools that are always available towards tax debatment. So our budget has to be done spring and summer. So if we're talking about a financialist from the city, that's our timeline. So I reminded everything out that yesterday. That's the reason I said that the hard work has to begin as soon if we're gonna get this done.
Speaker 2: Jeff Primating on the show this morning on seven hundred double that it sounds like a hard to tell, but a majority of council wants to move forward on this one, and you're gonna butt heads with the county commissioners said, we're broke and it's not a priority. So we'll see how this works out. Hopefully we get this thing done in short time. Is there going to be negotiations within the county and the city on this Are they happening now?
Speaker 3: Yes. The The next step, which we did talk about yesterday was meetings between the county administration and the city administration. I think that's going to begin next week or the week after and really talk about, you know what this structure looks like, ideally would be looking at, you know, sort of a ad ominibus agreement. You know what the county's going to pay for and what the sea's gonna pay for, and do it across the state. You know, that's the stretch that you're talking about. You that there is lots of which, lots of the priority, Which was that you do first? And what are those agree it's going to look like. I think that's where we're rather the next couple of weeks. And that's given me the difficult part.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, hopefully we can get moving forward here, find the money and get this thing done. Ferris Wheels, it's too high, it's too deep, but enough excuses. It's unsightly, and it gives us a bad look and has been giving us a bad look for twenty years. Get this damn thing done. Jeff, all the best, Thanks again, and good luck tomorrow Friday. I guess I should say it is only Wednesday for fect. I want the weekend now, damn it be well. Thanks buddy, appreciate it. Got a news update and more to follow afterwards. Here on seven hundred WW. And that's Sarah least snort report on the way next seven hundred WW. All right, Sarah's here. I'm not expecting much to day. She's tired of crabby and crampy and everything else.
Speaker 4: How you doing?
Speaker 1: How did you know about my crampiness? I'm actually in a really good mood today.
Speaker 4: You are?
Speaker 1: Are you just a couple of days away until I'm offer an entire week from h Look at you? One whole week of vacation coming up, baby, we're counting it down.
Speaker 2: Are you going to stay off Instagram for a week?
Speaker 1: Hell no, We're not going out far and just got to keep creating exactly.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I love me my social media. Do we want to start with high school football or professional? I got big news in both.
Speaker 2: Well, let's start with a high school one, because that's the first and foremost. Here with a snort report with Sarah Elise. You're on seven hundred WOWS Social Media v Sports and we have Elder Saint X at pay Corps. Friday, I think twenty thousand tickets went on sale early. They're all gone how exciting was that? Could they fill it up with sixty five k I think they're just I don't know why they decided twenty to cap it, but.
Speaker 1: Maybe and this is what I I'm guessing here, volunteer help for the concessions that could be it. That is a big stadium to fill up for.
Speaker 2: It would have been cool because I think you could filled you got football.
Speaker 1: There the next day and night. So yeah, I think they're going to be setting up early the next day for the ten am lives.
Speaker 2: Think as you're playing for sane x or Elder and you're on the field, how cool is that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm so excited for these kids, their families, the schools, are city. I feel like this is a big win all around for really everybody.
Speaker 2: And the other thing is, you know, this is easily going to be the best football played there since Week two exactly.
Speaker 1: At least we'll see some winning Cincinnati. But what a big weekend for Cincinnati sports though. Man, we got all kind of stuff going on. There's so much to get Yeah. So Katie Blackburn is saying that every effort with this game on Friday is going to be made to make sure this is a wonderful experience for students, athletes, their families, the schools, and the broader community. I mean, this is going to bring in so many people. And she goes on to say the Bengals are thinking everyone for their outstanding efforts across the board, so good luck to both tell.
Speaker 2: I was honestly, I gotta give them credit because you haveten to hammer them. But I was honestly surprised at how quickly the Bengals came around said yeah, let's do very quick. It's very cool.
Speaker 1: I feel like this was a talk for This was a conversation for what twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: In no way, they can't act that fast on anything, because they did.
Speaker 1: It was originally going to be played in Mason with seven thousand people. Yeah, and everybody missed out. So here we go, paycord to the rescue and Friday night it is holy Grail says they're going to be showing the game so in case you can't make it to the stadium, they're going to open their doors for that. And I believe we're going to have this game on Fox Sports thirteen sixty. Is that correct?
Speaker 2: I believe.
Speaker 1: So there you go. This all came together so quick. I love it. And then do you know where they looking for volunteers to help out with concessions.
Speaker 2: They're probably okay with with the boosters from both sides people to do that, I think, so yeah, I don't know, yeah, but it's going to go on and whether it's not looking good, but hey, you're planning a Paycorns.
Speaker 1: You're you're these kids are gonna love it rain or shine playing at Paycor's gonna be so cool coming out of that tunnel. And they say they're gonna be parking easy to ten bucks for parking down there. So if you're worried about the high pricing, if way too much for westsiders, ten dollars Now I don't know which garage is the are gonna be ten dollars.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's for renting a bus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how that's all going to work out. But they're saying ten dollars parking, so the bus good. That's the report. Also trending in high school football, TAFT being blamed for some damage at the Indian Hill locker room. This was trending last night, it's trending this morning. Uh, they're being accused of damaging the walls from the game lost Friday, when Taft did not win that one against Indian Hill.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I saw some of the footage and it's it's not just a couple holes in the drivable. I mean they literally look like they're doing it. Looked like property brothers are coming in to do a remodel.
Speaker 1: So Indian Hill is saying that Taft caused this damage. However, last night doing a deep dive into this whole thing because I am obsessed with this story. I'm so obsessed.
Speaker 2: You have no idea, Senior investigative sports reporter Sarah Lee.
Speaker 1: Literally, I'm so invested and I want to know everything. There was a coach weighing in and he said, hey, week six, we were there, the damage was already there. He goes, I'm a coach. We were there weeks Yeah. So it's like, why has this just been sitting one if that is the case. Also, there is a video trending online of these kids from Taft coming into the locker room about five forty on that Friday night. They've got their backpacks and they're all, like, you know, in their warm up gear. They're not even in their football unieds yet.
Speaker 2: The sledgehammers, not that.
Speaker 1: And you can see them kind of like walking into the visitor locker room space and in the background or the damaged walls. Really, the damaged walls behind.
Speaker 2: This should be pretty easy to corroborate since there are no what how many games between week six and now that someone go, yeah, we're in that locker rooms.
Speaker 1: This should be solved very quickly by the end of the day, I hope.
Speaker 2: So it would be seems easy to produce evidence to find.
Speaker 1: Out last night this took up my whole feet and Taft parents are speaking out there, like, look, my son plays there. He told us that this damage was there when they showed up. Really, uh huh, So it's it's not like you don't go in the locker room and clean it. They would know the damage right away. Why would they wait until Taft was there too?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why would they wait until Tuesday to speak out about something that allegedly happened on Friday when the two teams played each other at Indian Hill.
Speaker 2: Interesting, but I'm again I'm so upsetsed. Weird story. It's such a weird story because I thought, okay, well.
Speaker 1: Well, and it's definitely gotten deep because this.
Speaker 2: Taft loss was controversial, fumble goal I scored very much pissed off and it fits a timeline and it's a bad election.
Speaker 1: On Taft, is you know, with what Indian Hill is saying that they did. So parents are like, absolutely not, that's not what happened. My son is telling me that the damage was already there. And if you see the social media video, it's trending everywhere all of our Facebook, X, Instagram and and now the news articles are picking it up. It's you see the wall, the damaged walls behind the kids. So I stand with Taft on this one as of right now, that's how I stand with. I stand with tot how's my support?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Well, based off of what parents are saying, what the coaches are saying, what the social media video shows, right, it shows that Taft is innocent.
Speaker 2: So if Taff I'm guilty and they proclaim innocence here, then that's an even bigger.
Speaker 1: We're going to have another, uh you know conversation.
Speaker 2: Many people want to go play at Taft because of what happens in the extra early right, and now if they're if they do this on the road, how many teams are going to want to play taft.
Speaker 1: Based off of what I saw, it looks like they're innocent in this situation.
Speaker 2: But you better hope that's the case. If not that, I truly hope it's the case. I want to believe Indian he'll make that. It doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: And also like who did this?
Speaker 2: Who caused the damage to the law and in what twelve weeks?
Speaker 1: Yes, but yeah, especially if your coach is speaking out like okay, we were there week six and it was already it was already like yeah, which they played?
Speaker 2: Which did they?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Again? This should be very easy to solve. And people are asking for cameras from the locker room. It's like, well, you can't have that up there because dudes are you know, changing getting into their uniform, so you can't do that. All right, But this looked like it was just a taking off of a cell phone, like the guys coming in and it just the time stamp on It was five forty three pm.
Speaker 2: So slowly with Keith Morrison in the start report this morning here at.
Speaker 1: Seven, Like I said, I was watching Dancing with the Stars last night, but this grabbed my attention so quick. I'm like, I have no idea what's going on dancing with the stars, because now I'm very much focused on these two teams right here, and what the drama is.
Speaker 2: There no dust on the hands of the player? Wooh so oh that peske crowbar? All right? What else is going on?
Speaker 1: Also trending with our Cincinnati Bengals. Yesterday, no practice. They're getting back to it today, but they did announce that I Show Speed is the ruler of the jungle for this Sunday when they host the Patriots, the hottest team in football.
Speaker 2: I also had to look up this guy because I was like, Iso Speed, what is show See gamer?
Speaker 1: He's a gamer. He's got forty four million followers on TikTok.
Speaker 2: I knew that, you didn't.
Speaker 1: He's from Cincinnati, he's only twenty years old, graduated from Purcell Marion and people love this guy. But can he tackle? Can he suit up?
Speaker 2: All you have to do is sit in the throne. That's all you gotta do.
Speaker 1: So he's going to be getting everyone hyped up before that game. Okay, cool, he's very well loved. I did some stocking this morning. I'm like, yeah, he's a cool dude, so good good for him. Someone who will not be there on Sunday Jamar Chase because his suspension appeal was denied.
Speaker 2: We saw that coming.
Speaker 1: The proof is in the footage.
Speaker 2: I said, a game, a game, it's a game, but he denied it. What about that conspiracy?
Speaker 1: Well, remember when they asked him. They're like, okay, well did you spit on Jalen Ramsey or not? He goes, no, no, no, I'll never spit. I ain't spent on nobody. That's what he said. I ain't spent on no flying We saw the spit. FO nineteen was like, here's the spit.
Speaker 2: One magic loogie in that one magic for another player. I don't think there are a second angle on it. We only had the one angle. Was there a second spinner? Grassy Chuck Nol, what about it?
Speaker 1: This is why I appreciate that you appreciate Seinfeld, but I also with everybody. I had to pause the video, I had to zoom in, and I'm taking screenshots and I'm like, it's really hard to see the spit, but the spit is there.
Speaker 3: So there you go.
Speaker 2: There definitely a spit. There's something flying there.
Speaker 1: And he's also not going to be getting his weekly paycheck of a cool four hundred and forty eight thousand bucks.
Speaker 5: So you're saying, Tony, I know that's pretty close to what you get from my heart. So so you're saying that, no Burrow, no, no Jamar. So you're saying, there's a chance.
Speaker 1: So could you imagine the hottest team in football is coming to Cincinnati?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, Trey Hendrickson, no, Shamar Stewart, No, no Jamar Chase, no Joe Burrow. Who else are we missing?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Cam Taylor Britt We just found out he's having season ending foot surgery. Thank god, I know I'm missing a bunch of others. I did just say Shamar Stewart, doesn't.
Speaker 5: Stewart Shamar Stewart, Well, I mean guys that can actually having the worst ever guys, We don't you know if you're Shamar Stewart or what.
Speaker 1: Stone said?
Speaker 4: This one out?
Speaker 2: We just play like four guys the other and these.
Speaker 1: Guys from SEXT stick around.
Speaker 2: They're left handed. How's that we'll make it fair and only win by by two scores? There, So Zach.
Speaker 1: Taylor is defending his guide Jamar Chase. He goes, look, making one mistake doesn't disregard everything. The cover up, That's what I was talking about the other day, and he goes, look, it's one thing to do it. Yeah, that it's a bad thing. He goes, but why did you lie about it? Especially when there are cameras that don't I'm sorry at Akrocer Stadium.
Speaker 2: So anyway, gate continues, So Lord sing over the Bengals. The only thing that Bengals can win Sunday's a coin toss. That's about it.
Speaker 1: We'll see how that goes.
Speaker 2: I watch him come out and rull New England. We never know.
Speaker 1: Every week is a surprise.
Speaker 2: I need a lot of help as a Bills fan.
Speaker 1: I'm sure I lot of help and help.
Speaker 2: But no, they're not need the Bills to help. I need our Bengals to well.
Speaker 1: Things are looking good for joke last week seven on seven's this week eleven on eleven's boy. Just like that, all of a sudden, you go, will we see him on Thanksgiving Night against Lamar Jackson? The no and the Ravens. Probably not. Don't get your hopes up. Likely going to be Joe Flacco as long as his thrown shoulders. Okay, he's been kind of iffy too.
Speaker 2: When you just shut him down. At this point, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to do.
Speaker 2: I know he wants to play, but if the future windows still open, why would you risk.
Speaker 1: That it could get so much worse to for this guy? So maybe we'll see Jake Brown next week.
Speaker 2: Like the playoffs, the teams blocked the playoffs and they rest everybody in the last week or two, why not do that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, it's a big weekend. And then of course FC Cincinnati is finally back after two weeks off, hosting Miami five o'clock at TQL. They're telling everybody to wear blue. This is going to be big. It's a one or done. You move you win, you move on.
Speaker 2: That's it. That's it's one. That's I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: That's get this done against Lio Messi.
Speaker 2: Well, they got the monkey out the back with Columbus. That was big.
Speaker 1: Now they got their confidence going and they're like, look we can we can beat them. So let's keep going, let's keep rolling.
Speaker 2: Get Messy in there. Yeah, a little snow might help.
Speaker 1: Sunday could be a really great day for this city. Go to and two. Yeah, eat the Patriots and Miami.
Speaker 3: Would be good.
Speaker 2: That'd be good. They got their number before It's not like Cincinnati hasn't beaten them, so I believe that they can get this even with MESSI let's see what goes on. And they got a little confident, little swag going in this thing. It's going to be packed.
Speaker 1: This is pretty cool. Yeah, gonna be a nice weekend too.
Speaker 2: We need some one of our teams to win here. Yes, the Bearcats got b YU coming in. Yeah, big night on a front day night, do in heritage. I mean you got football night on Saturday night. Yeah, there's so much going on top the bottom. The best sports events in the city. Number one is the start at the bottom. Bengals. Bengals at the bottom.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: And what what's above them?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I put f C Cincinnati at the top. At the top, f C Cincinnati is they're rolling. They're the best situation right now.
Speaker 2: What about Older Saint X. That's a big event that made the biggest sports event of the weekend.
Speaker 1: Do you think so? Do you think they'll have a bigger attendance a.
Speaker 2: Lot of Well than no, But I think I think on Friday night, FIDA Night game is going to be the big event between.
Speaker 1: Them and FCC. They're going to bring the most positive vibes this weekend.
Speaker 2: UC is up there, but you know, coming off now loss again, so now they got a street going and that's not good.
Speaker 1: The Cincinnati Cyclones set a record yesterday for their kids game. I thought this was really cool. I don't know if you saw this, but yesterday at ten thirty in the morning, child Labors, so a bunch of kids from all over the tri state attended. Twelve thousand, six hundred and eighty seven was the attendance at the arena yesterday.
Speaker 2: Twelve eight sixty seven sixty Thank you.
Speaker 1: They said it's the second largest attended game on a weekday in Cyclones history. How cool is that all the kids got a lesson in hockey?
Speaker 2: You don't have to go to school.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine They're all like, I'll go, I'll go.
Speaker 2: All this focus with pund of the test and the test you got to show up and go discos. We're gonna watch a.
Speaker 1: Hockey game, right And there was no damage to the locker round.
Speaker 2: No one beat that up. That is going to be the story next week now that you've uncovered it here again.
Speaker 1: I'm so invested. As soon as you hear something let me know in case I'm like not on social media for a moment.
Speaker 4: Ye.
Speaker 2: When it comes to exposing the truth, Sarah LEAs is here.
Speaker 1: I stand with to try.
Speaker 2: Exposing yourself here on the show. The proof is in the social media fans handle this. Oh stop, Sarah back on the Kid Chris Show tomorrow. I think that was insulting. Why do you hear?
Speaker 3: Hear?
Speaker 2: And Chris Chris Morning need to break coming up next? Oh the girl needs it right now. All right, let's go big sports weekend ahead. Let's not screw it up, shall we. Scott Sloan show on this Wednesday morning. Uh, we've got Willy on the way in just a few minutes on seven hundred w WT. Since then,